the colors are confused

General Discussion
especially when zealots vs zealots, the colors sometimes are too close.
Brown and Orange

Peach and White

Yellow and Orange

With Real Time Lighting, they all look the same on Zealots.
I agree with this 100%. I have thought the same thing since the start of remastered. the zealots look so similar no matter what colour you or your opponent are and it makes it difficult to micro during a fight. the angle your units are standing also makes a difference and there are times where you actually cannot tell them from your opponents units at all.

just to emphasize how bad it actually is, press F5 the next time you are in a zealot fight with someone just to see how distinct the colours are in the original graphics compared to remastered. I wish they would somehow deepen the colours of each player on the zealots or add in more 'parts' on the zealots armour that uses actual colours instead of the standard protoss gold/grey colour which covers most of the zealot.
Shift + tab
shift + tab just creates team A vs team B. I think you are completely missing the point. that isn't a solution to what we are discussing.

not to mention, when shift tabbed, if there are multiple players with zealots fighting, yours and your teammates all appear the same on your screen, which again completely defeats the purpose. if anything that makes it worse.
That is why i dont use the lighting option. All units look too similar and during intense battles makes it difficult to distinguish them.
02/12/2019 02:42 AMPosted by Stimaddikt
yours and your teammates all appear the same on your screen
I haven't used the team colors in SCR, but aren't you green and all your allies yellow?

If so, are green and yellow also looking the same? I can see chrisolo's examples above being difficult to discern, but green and yellow as well?
02/12/2019 04:07 AMPosted by Leviathan
02/12/2019 02:42 AMPosted by Stimaddikt
yours and your teammates all appear the same on your screen
I haven't used the team colors in SCR, but aren't you green and all your allies yellow?

If so, are green and yellow also looking the same? I can see chrisolo's examples above being difficult to discern, but green and yellow as well?

Pretty sure it was green/teal or somethign and yellow when I play team games and turned on the standard team colours or whatever you would call them. Also, you need shoft+tab twice to activate it.
Agreeing with the op.

02/11/2019 02:18 PMPosted by rich
Shift + tab

Showing your units in teal and opponents in red doesn't really help on Realtime Lighting
Yeah, RTL probably shouldn't be used for MP, imo.
I hated RTL from very start, not only zealots but everything looks so plastic, shiny, unsharp and unreal.

P.S.: Still waiting them to fix SD graphics and restore 1.16.1 beauty of them.