How to remove SCR textures from the disk?

General Discussion
Hi,

I'm in a situation where I'm forced to conserve my disk space, and regardless of that, I choose to play with the classic textures, so I want to bring SC back to the one gig that it used to be. How do I do that?

Thanks
You don't
04/07/2019 10:48 AMPosted by UEDCommander
You don't

Elaborate, please.
04/07/2019 04:39 PMPosted by FifthofAsca
04/07/2019 10:48 AMPosted by UEDCommander
You don't

Elaborate, please.

If you want to play on battle.net you’ll need to have the entire download. There is no option to remove those textures. The launchers will check that your install is complete and uncorrupted before you can play, so you can’t just delete and then play online.

If you want to play against the computer by yourself you can always find a copy of 1.16 online.
04/07/2019 05:16 PMPosted by InkedChemist
<span class="truncated">...</span>
Elaborate, please.

If you want to play on battle.net you’ll need to have the entire download. There is no option to remove those textures. The launchers will check that your install is complete and uncorrupted before you can play, so you can’t just delete and then play online.

If you want to play against the computer by yourself you can always find a copy of 1.16 online.

That's not desirable, but perhaps acceptable. What about UMS maps? Will the post-Remaster maps work with 1.16?
04/08/2019 12:56 PMPosted by FifthofAsca
What about UMS maps? Will the post-Remaster maps work with 1.16?
Well they will, unless they have new ramps from 1.22 version, in which case they won't.
install to a flash drive