Public Test Realm

General Discussion
04/04/2019 10:46 AMPosted by Wes
Thank you for finally implementing the keyboard/mouse fix.

Any thoughts on removing the lag that exists after selecting larva?
https://youtu.be/pY4n5N-L-Bw

From my own experience I don't think there is an input "delay" as you're calling it. There is zero key rollover though so if you hit S H too quickly (hit H before S is released) then your hydras won't build.
04/04/2019 10:59 AMPosted by Matt Sherman
04/04/2019 06:21 AMPosted by PsYChiC
We'd love a video of you at work in your office. The real StarEdit

Real life footage of Grant in his office: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NF5eCXniGNg

Please tell us what the new exciting unannounced things are!
04/07/2019 09:14 PMPosted by TheBlackHalo
04/04/2019 10:46 AMPosted by Wes
Thank you for finally implementing the keyboard/mouse fix.

Any thoughts on removing the lag that exists after selecting larva?
https://youtu.be/pY4n5N-L-Bw

From my own experience I don't think there is an input "delay" as you're calling it. There is zero key rollover though so if you hit S H too quickly (hit H before S is released) then your hydras won't build.

Whatever it is, it should be removed/fixed. This punishes users for being fast just like the mouse blocking keyboard inputs. However, a huge part of SC is all about rewarding players with speed. It particularly punishes Zerg players, when Zerg is really supposed to reward those who are quick.

I remember watching a video of iNcontrol talking about the races back in 2010/2011 (although I think he was talking about SCII, I think it still applies to BW). He said something like Terran rewards players who are technical?, Protoss rewards players who are creative?, and Zerg rewards players who are fast.

Some players are also going to be punished more depending on their keyboard key travel/activation time.

I don’t buy the, “You need to learn to play cleanly/with rhythm,” argument. This is not why we watch SC, think about when watching SC, and is not why we appreciate the best players. When do you ever hear a caster say, “Omg just look at how cleanly Jaedong is pressing the keys on his keyboard, just amazing.” Never! The game should reflect the decision making of the player as closely as possible.
What it is, is that you're limited to 1 player input per screen draw in BW. It was the same on 1.16, but without RM graphics the game was faster and could draw more often. Get an insane rig and the problem will be solved =)
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Great news. This will work for EU to NA as well I assume?

Correct - it's a general solution.

Awesome, awesome news indeed. We'll finally be rid of regionlocking in the ladder once more, just like in the Iccup days, but even better.

Any comments on pseudo-merging the foreigner servers? As in graying them out in the game? Really annoying right now that I can only see half of my friends (either EU or NA); and all the other implications. The gray-out method can't be too hard to implement, and would bring tremendous positives as previously elaborated on many times by TT1 and many others.