PTR Patch 1.22.3

General Discussion
New StarCraft: Remastered changes are in development and now available for testing! To share your feedback or report any issues, please post in the PTR Patch Notes thread.

Please note that the below patch notes only include changes currently available for testing on the PTR.

Changes to test:
  • Keyboard inputs will now work while mouse buttons are held down.
    Please note** This has existed in Brood War via external launchers in the past. We welcome veteran & new player feedback on this change!
  • Matchmaking algorithmic changes; The end goal being that players on lower population servers with good connectivity to Korea will find games faster. That being said, it’s unlikely the PTR population, in general, will be very high so our intention will be more focused on analyzing Ranked game stability.
  • Refactor of our Cloud saving code. Users are encouraged to test all aspects related to Cloud saving.

Thanks,

Matt
Excellent moving forward, personally i am kind of sad that you found no place for BWAPI in 2019 and probably never, but is good to see you moving forward with this, i am so happy for this. keep up the good work, and please if possible dont forget about adding "workers numbers" on replay mode, i know is a small feature but it would be much appreciated. Cheers.
I'm a big fan of the simultaneous key and mouse inputs.

I think that back in SC's heyday, I was only using the A key with everything else being by mouse, so I never truly felt the effect of not being able to use keys and clicks at the same time. However, seeing that I've long since gotten into hotkey use in SC2 and other modern games, when Remastered got me back into SC1, I really felt the absence of using both together.
Please spice up the chat channels with new skin. Also would LOVE more information on the bnet chat api you guys talked about a long time ago. I believe having users stay on the game client to chat and hang with friends and peers (as it was in the past) would be fundamental to increasing the player base, and thus $ales. I believe this could be done with minimal effort on your end. Although you did re-release warcraft 2 bnet edition which does help the Chat Channels.

Thanks for the SC Love.

I sure do miss the old broodwar ladder icons
I have tried input testing and it works very well. I am satisfied.
It works! got a game vs a korean in less than 90 seconds wich is really REALLY an improvement, pls allow to see actual TR in game
Frankly this should have been a non-issue considering the skill peak achieved despite this "limitation" but if it makes the game more accessible to noobies, I guess that's for the better.
I like the keyboard and mouse change
Input blocking change felt really nice when I tried it on PTR. Sick change, thanks.
I've tested the input change and it feels good, hopefully it can be pushed to live soon.

Sadly there's not too many players on PTR, so I've only played one match online, it was at TR16 and felt good, but I don't know if they were KR or not.

The cloud save changes seem to be working well so far, my only gripe is that I was unable to import my hotkeys from the live game due to the hotkeys being stored in the CSettings.json file instead of hotkeys.txt; but as long as my hotkeys are preserved when the patch goes live I don't think this should be a problem.
Keyboard inputs will now work while mouse buttons are held down.

I like this change a lot! Thanks.
Is this no modern.
I tried testing cloud changes on PTR vs live using a naive approach of quitting/interrupting various handshakes or disabling the network connection with a VPN mixed in for longer windows of opportunity...

... and all that I could really tell is that other than being generally faster (which may be a result of the <4 users) the PTR doesn't prompt about cloud saving when quitting out of the chat menu, which is nice.

I was a little disappointed to see that the game still has a habit of kicking you back to a battle.net login prompt if a DC is encountered in a playsession. If you're playing and encounter "Server connection is lost" you will still get this prompt when trying to login at the server/mp screen:

https://i.imgur.com/2New9Ec.png

This is disappointing because compare this to a failed "Authenticating" stage when the gameclient initially loads, the client can still automatically reauthenticate at the server select screen without requiring you to enter your info again.

If this could be addressed at all that would be great. I get dropped server connections after every game, it's possible that will be addressed in the suite of changes but a catch here that just auto-reauths at the server connect screen would save me having to enter my info 10 times a session even if other potentially planned fixes fall short.

I was hoping to test some settings reset scenarios but I couldn't force any even on live. Anecdotally this always seemed to result from Battle.net giving me a bad response when cloud-saving settings rather than a client failing to establish connection for this step. So perhaps that's why.

In any event thank you for this PTR.
Modern is befor is this.
Being able to get games regularly vs Kors would be a godsend.. right now the ladder isn't the least bit enjoyable for foreign players without VPN. It's the only way to get a fun variety of games (matching different opponents/races etc.).

If i weren't to VPN i would just have insanely long Q's (normally results in getting a Korean or 1.5k NA player, at like 2300+ MMR).. or if a similar MMR player was on i'd just end up playing vs him non stop. Becomes extremely boring after a while, heh.

Would be nice if we could avoid having to VPN and get to play vs similarly ranked Korean players (and Europeans) more frequently :)!
04/04/2019 05:55 AMPosted by Leviathan
I'm a big fan of the simultaneous key and mouse inputs.

I think that back in SC's heyday, I was only using the A key with everything else being by mouse, so I never truly felt the effect of not being able to use keys and clicks at the same time. However, seeing that I've long since gotten into hotkey use in SC2 and other modern games, when Remastered got me back into SC1, I really felt the absence of using both together.

Hi.
Looks like you're telling about Issue 2, described here https://us.battle.net/forums/en/starcraft/topic/20766456531
What about Issue 1 (not registering fast key inputs) ?
The keyboard/mouse input change is fantastic. Feels like it's working exactly as intended. I really can't overstate how much smoother and fluid gameplay feels.
yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE YOU LONG TIMEEEEEEEEEE!!!
I'm really enjoying the support that StarCraft is getting