Please enable permanent offline HD mode

General Discussion
I bought the game, I don't want to be forced to play with old graphics should I ever find myself without internet for an extended (or permanent) period of time.
Please, Blizzard... just do it. There's better ways to DRM the game than to make it mandatory to always be online.
I just using BW... whats it this means? If i dont have internet, cant play remastered?
Really?
03/14/2019 11:15 PMPosted by Maximus
I just using BW... whats it this means? If i dont have internet, cant play remastered?
Really?

You can, but you have to make a special shortcut and after a month you will be unable to use HD graphics
Bumping so this stays relevant.
03/14/2019 10:31 AMPosted by FilthyCasual
There's better ways to DRM the game than to make it mandatory to always be online.

It doesn't need to always be online. Just a connection to check the license every 30 days is required. This is done to monitor for illicit use of Remastered.

What better ways for Bliz to protect their IP are you proposing?
03/21/2019 06:23 AMPosted by Leviathan
There's better ways to DRM the game than to make it mandatory to always be online.

It doesn't need to always be online. Just a connection to check the license every 30 days is required. This is done to monitor for illicit use of Remastered.

Frankly it shouldn't be incumbent upon the customer to give suggestions to a company on how to avoid piracy while not screwing us over, they should be doing that by default.
03/21/2019 06:23 AMPosted by Leviathan

The 30 days aren't good enough. You're seriously telling me ONE check isn't enough to verify that I legit bought the game?

I can guarantee that if I move out of this house, I'm going to be without internet for months at the very least while I try to get myself set up. Being unable to play the game I bought and paid for because I can't log in isn't going to fly.

That goes for Warcraft 3 Reforged and Diablo III as well... though, thankfully, I do have the console version of D3 as well, and that version doesn't require you to be online at all.
03/22/2019 09:40 AMPosted by SkyTechRTS
Frankly it shouldn't be incumbent upon the customer to give suggestions to a company on how to avoid piracy while not screwing us over, they should be doing that by default.
When the customer's argument is solely based off how the current system is inconvenient, and then goes on to state how there're better ways, the burden of proof is on the customer to back those claims up. Especially so from those who have neither knowledge of the security systems nor inner workings of Battlenet.

03/22/2019 08:44 PMPosted by FilthyCasual
The 30 days aren't good enough. You're seriously telling me ONE check isn't enough to verify that I legit bought the game?
No, FilthyCasual. Not at all.

It's not about checking those who legitimately bought it. It's about those who have not. Hence, it's necessary to force a check between the client level and the license level. Just as one, simple example, you purchased SCR, logged into Battlenet once to verify the purchases and unlocked it in the client. Then, you requested a refund, it was granted, and you never go back online again. You've now obtained SCR for free.

I can guarantee that if I move out of this house, I'm going to be without internet for months at the very least while I try to get myself set up. Being unable to play the game I bought and paid for because I can't log in isn't going to fly.
It certainly will as that is the DRM that you agreed to when you made the purchase.

That goes for Warcraft 3 Reforged and Diablo III as well... though, thankfully, I do have the console version of D3 as well, and that version doesn't require you to be online at all.
In the exact vein that was pointed out above, whether it was specified as online or offline, DRM or not, it goes for all the agreements that you individually agreed to with each purchase.

On a side note because you mentioned Diablo 3. PC D3 doesn't have an offline mode at all. It's 100% online thus no 30 day verification feature.