World’s End Tavern: Role-play and Fan Fiction

Oct 26, 2010 Welcome: Please Read! Welcome to the World's End Tavern forum! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss role-playing with your fellow World of Warcraft players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy, so we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct ( and guidelines ( before posting. Important Reminders: Search The search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely effective and robust. Before you create a new forum topic, please be use it to search for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer for which you are looking. Making a new thread on an existing subject can result in your thread being deleted or, if you continue to re-post the same content, the loss of your forum privileges for spamming. Rating The forum rating system can be used to promote positive discussion, demote unhelpful comments, and even report posts that violate the forum Code of Conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with several options, including a "thumbs up" (Like) and a "thumbs down" (Dislike) icon. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon will rate the post up. If enough people like a post, it will gain a Highly Rated status and appear at the top of related search results. Highly Rated posts will also have a highlighted background. Clicking the "thumbs down" icon will expand a drop-down menu which will include "Dislike," "Trolling, "Spam" and "Report" options. "Dislike" will rate the post down. If enough people dislike a post, it will be darkened, and with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden completely. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of a violation. Please note that you can only rate each post once. Use your power wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Have fun posting on these forums, and good luck with your adventures in Azeroth!Lylirra1 Oct 26, 2010
Feb 8, 2015 Introducing Your Character to the Universe! How there, folks! This thread is for anybody who wants to share a short and brief description of their character, and I recommend that you use this format to share; Character's Name: Realm: Level: Age: Current Residence: Short Back Story: *Short Back-Stories Must Be Under 200 Words! If you must know what this look like well. ---Start---- ---Finish--- Seven Lines of Back Story Allowed!Dèstiny1000 Feb 8, 2015
Oct 5 [Guide] In-Game Roleplay -- The Basics Thank you all for your efforts and hard work, everyone! This guide would not be where it is today without your support and feedback, and I hope it can serve as a valuable resource for people to turn to for years to come! This guide, as stated above in the topic title, will be all about the basics of in-game roleplaying, and will be relatively lengthy. It will include examples for you to see, explanations for you to understand, and links to other very helpful threads and resources to help you learn about the joy of roleplaying. Also, since I do not consider myself the best of the best, I am completely open to criticism intended to correct or better the information provided here. Any suggestions for corrections, additions, or deletions are completely welcome, and preferred. After all, this guide is meant to be helpful and insightful when it comes to in-game roleplaying, not a bunch of drivel that doesn't help anyone or make sense. Even if you're skeptical about some piece of information, question me! I'll be happy to answer, and if I'm not available to respond someone else might be around to do so! Table of Contents I. Basic Roleplaying Terms II. Preparations for Roleplaying - 1. Character Development - 2. And The Things You Need to Know to Start III. Roleplaying Fights IV. Open World RP vs. Group RP V. Griefers and You VI. Using Online Resources for RP VII. Transitioning to Forum RP VIII. Helpful Links CompilationShandrís109 Oct 5
Aug 11 Forum RP: Types and Expectations ((Guide)) Hell Yeah! :D Thanks all, hope you enjoy this guide. Before I start. This is a very long guide, feel free to skip to the bits that are relevant to you. If you want to know how to start a Closed RP, go to that section. If you want to know about Expectations of Open RP, skip there. Also feel very free to offer constructive criticism, or criticism in general, every post is a bump :) This, as the title suggests is about Forum RP. If you wish for a Guide on In-game RP, I suggest: The above guide is very easy to read, and a lot of the basics can even be strongly relevant to forum RP. Even if you don't plan to in-game RP, the above is an easy read and comes with a few strong links that relate to forum RP as well. Edit: Second reference: This is another written set of guidelines and rules, check them out for another reference if you like, it's definitely more compact than this and might give you a good summary. And lastly: This is a brilliantly written ongoing statement and guide. It's not only personal, but comes from an experienced and helpful person. Types of Forum RPs This thread is an expression of my opinion. I am not stating fact, but I am hoping that I am vague and general enough for it to be true, even if skewed a little. I am writing this guide, so that people can understand what the different forum tags mean, how you can get into different types of RP, how you are expected to act in them, and how they work in general. First of all and most important: You are not expected to read this whole thing, it is considerably long and detailed and I probably should have condensed it. But, if you read anything, please read the second post, with Expectations and the Rules of RP, this is probably the most important part of this thread! Feel free to post criticism. Even if I disagree, I will post any valid arguments up on my first posts, for anyone else to read, so they can understand the mixed opinions that are present. This guide will also shape and form from structured opinion, I will edit as seems fit. At the start this might seem a little... not good... but with help from our community, it will grow better. I will be focusing on two main types of RP. Open, and Closed. However I will also delve into the variants of each, such as the Tavern RP, and the structured Closed RP. I will try and keep a vague sense, as it is not black and white, especially when getting into the structured aspect of things. Also, remember, I am not telling you how to do things; I am just trying to help. Each Topic will be separated by emphasized titles. At the end of each topic, there will be a short summary in italics. After the Table of Contents, there will be a summary of expectations, as it is likely the most important part of this thread. What this Guide will contain Expectations - Post 2 The "Rules' of RP - Post 2 Summary of RP Types. - Post 3 Open RPs General Feel -Post 3 How to get into one - Post 3 Expectations - Post 4 How to make one - Post 4 The Tavern Element - Post 4 Closed RPs General Feel - Post 5 How to get into one - Post 5 Expectations - Post 5 How to make one - Post 6 The Structured Element - Post 7 Quick Term Summary There are other, better places you can find these, but I will just go through the ones you will need to know here. OOC: Out of Character. Refers to any comment made from you as an Earthling, not from your character, as I am talking now, as opposed to... IC: In Character. Any comment made from your characters perspective. E.g.: Thurman took the blue silken wizards hat from his bed and placed it on top of his head. RP: Roleplay TM: Thread Master. The Person who creates a thread, this is the poster with the most control; role will vary depending on the RP type. OP: Opening Post. This refers to the first post in a thread by someone. The TM’s first post will start a thread, while the posters first post will introduce their character. Generally, the OP will be longer than the other posts, because you have far more to write about, and generally want to put more effort into it. Note Feel free to post criticism. Know that I want your opinion, and if you have your own guide, or bits of guide, feel free to give them to me, and I will add them. We are a community. The credit should go to all of us.Meep169 Aug 11
Sep 25, 2016 [FanFic Guide]: Building a Better Story! I thought I might as well toss up some guidelines that could give some new writers a path to follow. You can choose to follow what I say strictly, or just completely blow it off; doesn't much matter. It's your story, so be creative with it! I'm just here to try and help. -Table of Contents- I. Story Topics II. Creativity in Writing III. Writing Guidelines IV. Descriptive Limitations V. Hero’s Journey VI. Involving NPCs VII. Adding Flavor Lore VIII. After Publishing ---------------------- I. Story Topics Now, while this is very much your story and your creation, it does have to take place within the WoW universe (Blizzard's rules from the old Seat of Knowledge forum, not mine). People tend to shy away from stories that involve heavy lorebreaking without an explanation. This doesn't include things such as alternate dimensions, changes in the past, nightmares or dreams, etc, but rather blatant alterations that don't serve any purpose other than "I said so". However, so long as you make it obvious that your story is in Warcraft, you should be fine. II. Creativity in Writing Something to always keep in mind while writing your story, is that it is your creation and your imagination that is at work; not someone else's. If you want to involve a giant, undead, fel-corrupted dragon in Moonglade for your story about a teenager with a mechanical arm and a blade that can cut through anything... Have at it. It's your story so you write it however you see fit to capture your imagination and entertain others. III. Writing Guidelines People don’t like to read walls of texts, paragraphs filled with bad punctuation, wrong spelling or broken English, so if you want to hook your readers before they even start reading, break your story apart. Split them up into smaller paragraphs, use proper grammar and punctuation and if you don’t know how to spell a specific word, try using Google’s voice recognition on your phone or laptop to pronounce the word; Google should recognize it, and then you’ll know how to spell it. Trust me, splitting your story into paragraphs and using proper grammar goes a long way with a reader’s eye. IV. Descriptive Limitations While this is Warcraft, there are some descriptive limitations that could get your thread deleted if you break some of the rules. As you very well know, World of Warcraft is filled with blood, gore and torture, all of which can be within your story without a problem (usually). However, I wouldn't go about describing in great detail the victim of some heinous death. Gore can usually be described if you’re detailing an Abomination or Ghoul, but if you’re describing a character's death, keep it to a minimum. People are much more queasy reading about recently dead bodies than they are zombies, even if they're technically the same thing. There's a mental barrier there that separates the two and crossing that line can have more people clicking off of your story. Same goes for describing scenes of sexual intercourse, nudity, non-consensual sex, etc. If you want to share your Warcraft fantasy, there are sites for that, but this is not one of them. V. The Hero's Journey Any great story needs a hero, and any great hero needs a journey. In 1987, Joseph Campbell released a book titled "The Hero's Journey", and it showed people how almost every hero, whether it be Gilgamesh of ancient Mesopotamia over 4,000 years ago, or the well-known Superman and even Jesus Christ, all share shockingly similar traits. According to Joseph Campbell, they all follow a guideline of a story element; and for good reasons. People love it. Remember, you do not have to follow the Hero’s Journey to make a good story, but here's a breakdown of the Hero's Journey in a simplified version: Unusual Birth Whether it’s the common virgin birth story or the death of the character's parents, anything unusual that happens at birth or at a young age can fit right in here. Call to Adventure This usually includes a messenger of some sort or a way of the hero being requested for aid in a mission, usually in a faraway land. Refusal of the Call The hero tends to refuse the call to adventure at first, but is then forced to go, convinced to, or chooses to go. Meeting the Mentor It could be a teacher, father, trainer, or even a sibling, but this area usually includes training or preparation for the adventure. Crossing the First Threshold Whether it’s fighting a dragon, tackling a giant, solving a riddle, saving the town or rescuing Timmy from a well, this is the first trial that has to be conquered to achieve the goal.Canniibal21 Sep 25, 2016
Jan 18 Roleplaying Question Collective Now, I've been on these forums a while. It never fails that many questions get asked over and over and over. I'm hoping to create some kind of resource for people to come to to get their questions answered. They'll include a question(In no particular order), with a general consensus of the forums/sources as to what the answer of that question is, and a link if applicable to where discussion on that topic was held. I'll update for better threads or different opinions should things change. I'm also open to suggestions or links, so post them if you have them. ERPing and how to handle it should you see it. -- Warn them(politely), report them, ignore them if they continue. -- Thread: Using the Vial of the Sands to RP a Dragon. -- It's generally frowned upon, can be proven OoCly and ICly to not work, but if you can find an accepting group and you do it well, it can work. Don't expect wide acceptance. -- Thread: Languages, Translations, and where to find them. -- While it's possible lorewise for characters to learn other languages, you have to turn to an addon to allow you to speak them in RP. -- Thread: "Breaking" and "Bending" Lore. -- Many many people frown upon it, but there is a small community that supports it. Try to find them, don't expect people to accept you or your story/character. Most prefer to RP WoW in WoW. -- Thread: Death, Healing, and mechanics. -- There are many ways to handle death and healing in World of Warcraft. One of the more accepted ways is that Death is final. You can also be ressurected, but you can't cheapen Death by making it easy. -- Thread(s): , Races that don't exist in WoW, in WoW. -- Much like breaking or bending lore to allow things that should be, roleplaying a race that doesn't normally exist(Dark Elves, other fantasy races) is generally frowned upon. You can find those that accept it but don't expect wide acceptance. -- Thread: Vampires in WoW -- Classical vampires do not actually exist in WoW. There are vampiric creatures, there are also vampiric demons or other creations, but a Vampire like you would see in Dracula does not exist. -- Thread(s): , Love in World of Warcraft -- Love can strike anyone at any time. However, you must take into consideration ICly and OoCly genetics, cultural differences, age discrepancies, and physiology. -- Thread(s): , Why Night Elves look different from Blood Elves, and High Elves. -- Usage of Arcane magic drove the Highborne, Blood Elves, and High Elves from the rest of Night Elven culture. Arcane magic altered their culture and outlooks. High Elves and Blood Elves look differently from Night Elves because they were severed from the Well of Eternity. -- Wiki: ; Section: Foundation of Quel'Thalas. -- Thread: Roleplaying a race that you aren't. -- It takes suspension of disbelief, use of addons, and ingame items to pull something like this off, but it is possible. There's limits, but many options are within reach. -- Thread: Dealing with "bad" RP. -- General consensus is that if you see someone RPing "wrong", -politely- inform them, in whispers, that they may want to rethink how they are RPing. Don't push them, but give them a gentle nudge to these forums or other Lore sites. -- Thread: Dealing with godmoders. -- Much like "bad" rp, you can politely inform them that what they're doing may not be entirely correct. Refer them somewhere that they can use to help themselves out. Or you can simply ignore them if they don't listen to reason. -- Thread: Are Highborne Immortal? -- Highborne, like normal Night Elves, are no longer immortal. They used to be, but were sustained by demons and other unsavory magics instead of being naturally immortal. -- Thread: Roleplaying as a Dragon. -- Roleplaying as a Dragon is a touchy topic. Many will tell you to simply "DIAF". However, it is possible, and can be done. You must to a lot of research and be ready to take a lot of heat. I don't encourage or down it, it's an individual thing. -- Thread: Jan 18
3d On Sale Now! World of Warcraft: Chronicle I'm sure you've seen this by now, but I wanted to make sure since there is so much juicy info in this first volume to sink your teeth into. ... You can read the full blog post and watch the video with Chris Metzen (among others) talk about it here. For those that have it already, we'd love to hear how you're enjoying it.Nethaera10 3d
32m WET Community Lounge 121 Greetings travelers. Welcome to the lounge Drinks are cold (except the coffee - that's hot :) ) Cookies are from the most noble cookiequeen's kitchen Donuts are stacked high for hungry worgen Come on in, rest - play nice :) Hug the trees don't spill too much fel be careful of the Tauren Whiskey Check the pillow piles for sleeping panda before diving in Be Kind to the Orcs and Cranky Death Knights :P Cold Pizza is still better than waffles and have fun :) Previous: Archive: 32m
36m Shadows of Sholazar (OOC -- Closed RP) Posted on a bulletin board in a city near you: Adventurers wanted! Several disappearances in Sholazar Basin that need investigation—cultist activity suspected but not proven. Please send applications to Morician Blackborne of Defenders of Truth. Greetings, and welcome to my first RP thread! This will be mostly a mystery-adventure type thread, with about 5-7 people. Both Horde and Alliance characters are welcome. Adjustments will be made here as needed(writing this late at night and it'll likely need a bit of polish later). One character per person please, though exceptions can be made if it makes sense for the story and multiple sign ups can be posted(though only one is likely to be selected). Basic Rules/Expectations No god-moding or Mary Sues. It's not fun for anyone. No derailing the thread—while I don't mind some character conflict, everyone is expected to be working together as a group. If someone's being problematic it will be dealt with, either through discussion here or removal from the thread. While perfect grammar isn't necessary, I do expect effort to be put into your posts. Posts need to be legible, more than a few sentences long on average, and posted in a timely manner(1 post a week, at minimum). At the same time, don't flood the thread with posts either--exchanges between characters are wonderful, but make sure you aren't drowning others out in the process. Apologies if this seems a bit strict, but I'd rather lay down the groundwork now to keep things in better order later. Sign Up Format Name: Age: Race(if different from posting toon): Allegiances/Moral Alignment: Physical Description: General Personality: Reason for Joining: (This should be written as an IC application letter—doesn't need to be long, but acts as a rough RP check and possible springboard for starting posts)Morician192 36m
4h Legionstrike: Alpha [Open] Saehri stood at the edge of the floating island to the east of The Conservatory. Azeroth shimmered in the distance, a shining backdrop to the shattered metropolis in the foreground. Mac'Aree had cracked into a thousand pieces yet she could still recognize the streets of the city she grew up in. Turning, the purple saronite armor that covered her eight foot form clattered as her icy gaze lingered on the demonic scouting party she and her daughter had slain, her malicious scythe still embedded in a demons skull. Grabbing the weapon the demons body quickly decayed, moving to the far corner of the ruins Saehri found her daughter. The young Draenei sat quietly against a broken pillar, her lithe form hidden behind a bright violet fur lined cloak, the only evidence of her ivory complexion being the two backwards swooped horns sticking out of the hood. Floating in front of her was a large tome, arcane energy manipulated the book as well as the quill moving quickly across it's pages. Saehri raised an eyebrow but Vahrra answered the question before it could be asked. “I have been studying the combination of arcane and necromancy and it’s effect on the legion. After all, knowledge is power, that’s what you…” Vahrra caught herself, “I mean my mother…” The mage let out an exasperated sigh and turned her cerulean gaze up towards Saehri, “Apologies mother, this is still…odd.” Vahrra offered the Death Knight a warm smile. “It is, I’m sure with time we will both adjust. Now to more pressing issues.” Saehri produced a list from Archmage Khadgar along with several rune carved stones. “Here’s the list Khadgar provided detailing the people he recruited and their locations. I’ve taken the liberty of adding the last name myself…” Vahrra cut Saehri off. “The Warlock you mentioned?” She questioned. Saehri nodded as she laid each stone on the ground, each accompanied by a personalized letter to the recipient, the last letter to Chesz written by Sae herself. “Can you lock onto them and transport the stones?” Saehri rested the blade of her scythe on the ground as she waited for Vahrra to respond. “Give me a moment,” The Draenei stood, grasping hold of her vibrant golden staff, and studied the list for several moments, “I should be able to blink each stone and letter to the appropriate person, it should appear right in front of them…or hit them in the head.” Saehri began to protest before Vahrra cut her off, “You try teleporting small objects impossible distances then tell me how accurate you are,” She chuckled lightly before closing her eyes. A flow of arcane energy billowed her cloak revealing just a hint of the well kept purple and gold cloth underneath. One by one each stone and letter disappeared with an arcane pop. “Just your Warlock left….ah!” As the final stone blinked out of existence an unexpected blowback of energy knocked the mage on her backside, “Ouch…care to explain that one mother?” She asked teasingly. “I am sure I do not want to know,” Saehri responded as she helped Vahrra up. “Do we know anything about our destination?” The Death Knight waited as the mage rubbed her temples, shaking off the unexpected backfire. “Not really,” She shook her head, her loose raven hair swaying back and forth. “I tried reaching out through whatever ley lines this planet still has but, aside from there being an unnatural amount of energy coming from a dead quadrant I can’t tell you anything you don’t already know.” Saehri nodded as her daughter spoke. “I expected as much, in any case the team should be arriving soon.”Saehri56 4h
4h Scarlet crusade. Do any of you RP as scarlet Crusade? and if you do you have any tips ?Beringer1 4h
4h Desire a Long Term RP Partner (WrA) Bit of info: I played with the same partner on a story line from Vanilla through half of WoD. Due to real life circumstances, we no longer play together. I came back for Legion, but only briefly and then took a year hiatus. I'm struggling to find a partner that is both dedicated to the story and talented, and guild RP is just not for this character. I am an extremely dedicated and loyal player when I have a partner. I expect the same. It seems like there's an overwhelming amount of people who just want to flit their character from person to person. Not what I'm looking for here. Overview: + The story line I wish to continuing building (which has diverged from Zev's original path) is dark, twisted, full of void and fel exploration. + While this is dark and dangerous, it is a romantic partnership I seek for him, to keep him from going too far to the dark side too quickly. Plus, he'd probably sacrifice anyone along the way he didn't give a crap about. + Zev has it out for demons in a hardcore sort of way, and the bulk of his story is figuring out an absolute way to destroy them. All of them. + In his life's quest, he will likely become less of a good person. Though, since I am only one half of the story, it's hard to tell what your character would be capable of preventing or causing. What I'm looking for: + male blood elf (sorry, lady elves) (Note: I don't care who you are behind the character.) + preferably a magic-based class, though not absolutely necessary if you are very compelling + prefer a younger character (though not necessary) + Zev likes pretty boys. + Your character might be a good fit if he's: + A young warlock apprentice in need of someone to learn from + A holy priest who you (as a player) desire to turn to the darker side of things. + A holy priest who thinks he can save people from the darkness + A mage who wants to (or does) dabble in time magic, blood magic, or void magic + A researcher of fel, time magic, void magic, demons, and/or old gods Other Notes I am extremely loosely outlined on his story line idea at the moment, because I want a partner who can come in and add to it and there is plenty of room for what we both want to accomplish. It may be best if this is not your -main- character if you struggle with your character remaining... faithful. I am able to play solid in game sessions at most ~3 days a week, and back and forth in discord through the day and other days. I do co-GM a guild (not on Zev), work full-time, volunteer two days a week, and attend school full-time. I do, however, work from home, and am flexible about playing in Discord or whispers when I have a less-than-optimal amount of time. Contact I probably will not check the boards often. Contact via in game mail or whisper is the best.Zevernias1 4h
4h "Quarantine" (Rp-thread Signups/OOC!) A rumor spreads of mysterious things happening in gilneas, one that use to be a war-zone, but now has became a quarantined area, preventing both alliance and horde from entering, but one amongst the gossip of rumors, is that there is a elderly human seeking to find crystals that have fallen from the skies, from the meteors that landed in Gilneas. They say in these rumors, that to meet this man, and his grandson, you must find a mage in Dalaran, A human mage that spends his times at the inn, he will be wearing a golden ring with a ruby gem socket into the metal. They also say that the ruby somehow manage to become in a rose shape in a natural cause, or unnatural magical use of alterations, but they all tell you that's not the point. They say to find this man, and he will guide you, but there is a final warning, "To seek this place, you will be rich, if you survive with your sanity and life intacted that is." But mysterious as it is, the rumors have more sense of truth, than a liars tongue, but they say none have returned, but they do not know if they have perished or merely grown plentiful with coin and trade. _______ WELCOME to Quarantine, this is a rp thread where you have to survive what has happened in the now dark streets of gilneas, but each encounter has a chance of causing more than basic issues. be wary of who you trust and aid. Name: Age: Race: Short Description: Class: Reason: __ Ask questions if you got any!Dârak158 4h
4h Danath Trollbane : The fate of Stromguarde (apologies if wrong forum) So with bfa on its way it begs some interesting questions one that I have thought of even started developing a fan story for along time ago was the alliance recapturing the arathi highlands. Now were all well versed or atleast should be by now the long history and legends of the trollbane line and accomplishment's and of course the current state of the Arathi Highlands. With King Thoras and Prince Galen Trollbane both dead (yes thoras is now a horseman/death knight) that only leaves one living trollbane left and although he is not thoras's son who better then Danath Trollbane to recapture the arathi highlands and make it a great alliance territory once again. He has served the alliance for many years and served as one of its most renowned and decorated veterans and commander's. It's a work in progress (few setbacks due to so many expac's and story/land changes). but my story see's danath returning from outland and for his many years of service anduin granting his wish for him and his men to return home and reclaim his homelands in which anduin supports and offers assistance (strategically a wise decision). And with support and resources from the wildhammer dwarves plus the alliance forces already in the arathi highlands it is possible and achievable. So I intend on sharing sometime soon what I have written so far but want people's thought's on this story idea and opinion's on how well it could or couldn't happen.Argorothiis0 4h
5h Disappearances in Dalaran IC closed. A day passes since the murder and kidnappings,Tandrina rode in the sidecar of Jeimel's motorbike and as they rode,t appeared Jeimel had a deep look of concern on his face. Seirus was normally a man who kept to his schedules but for some reason had not come home the previous night. A sight of peacekeepers surrounding the testing field made the rogue swerve and park his bike abruptly approaching one one of the peacekeepers "I'm Jeimel Brightdawn,retainer to the Dawnflower family and freelance agent,might I ask what happened here?" The peacekeeper looked to the half elf with a grim look "I'm afraid an incident happened on academy ground,the murder of a teacher and what looks like the abduction of two other instructors,do you recognize these glasses?" Jeimel and Tandrina both went pale as they had noticed the familiar spectacles "Oh dear gods,those are papa's!!!" Tandrina exclaimed in a tear choked voice. The half elf's blood began to boil but took a deep breath not wanting to upset the younger elf next to him. "Don't you worry Tandy,I'll see to it we find your father,Word has probably made its way so on top of whichever investigators get called in,I'll take the liberty of writing a missive for anyone willing to enlist. [Note: This was just a little before the missive was posted] Any other leads to a potential suspect,? I could be of some assistance." he asked keeping a serious expression. "Well,aside from the broken corpse of Thomas Kennsington,this strange block of ice meaning one of our suspects involved could be a rogue death knight. We'll keep you posted once we know more." Jeimel gave a nod "Thank you I'll be in the area,in the meantime I think I'll see to it my young mistress here is taken somewhere safe." ----- Two death knights had blundered into her while she was roaming the wastes. Some apparent patrol it would seem. While one was willing to join her the other was less than cooperative. He struck out at Distopia while his comrade merely stood back to see how things played out. Distopia side stepped his attack. “Fool you could have joined us,we are siblings in death!” She declared. “Traitor I know of you Distopia. Though you have changed your form your soul is just as wicked as it once was.” He said raising his blade. “I serve the Deathlord now and I will see you dead traitor!” He gowled. She sighed in dissatisfaction. “I had hopes for you. You claim to be free yet you serve the Deathlord and who does the Deathlord serve? The Lich King yet again. You’ve willingly bound yourselves in chains. I will see them broken!” She proclaimed. A great darkness took shape behind her and everything for the defiant knight went black. Ghosar sighed as the report of the missing patrol came in. “Not fully missing one body was discovered. Signs of a struggle.” “I would hope my knights would put up some kind of fight.” He rubbed his head. “Get me Sandara... on the double.” Somewhere on the Broken Isles, a blood elf death knight pulled her sword from the body of her latest victim. She grinned as she looked over at the night elf beside her and saw a long line of demon corpses stretching behind them. "It was so nice of the Legion to invade and give us this all you can torture demon buffet." "Especially after how quiet it's gotten." The blood elf frowned as her eyes scanned the horizon, looking for something. Her frown deepened as she turned to look behind her. The invasion seemed to be dying down for now. Only the commander, a tall, busty female demon with six arms, remained. Sandara nodded to Delilyah. "Go for it. I know how you love making her kind scream in fear for the first time." Sandara stood back and watched as the night elf sprang into action. Something was bothering her with how quiet things had gotten in Azeroth. With the bulk of the world's forces focusing on the battle against the Burning Legion, she would have expected the criminals, cultists and so on to take advantage, turning Azeroth into their own personal playground, but they weren't. A beep from her cloak had her reaching for a communication orb that she carried with her. "This had better be good Tommy." "Ghosar wants you back here on the double." His voice faded for a moment as if he had turned to look at something behind him then turned back to the orb. "Better make that on the triple. I can't work out if he's worried or pissed. Maybe both." "What's going on?" A hardness started to creep into her voice that she was getting concerned herself. "He won't say much. All I know is that the last report was about a patrol where one person has gone missing and the other was killed." 1/2Tandrina257 5h
5h Legionstrike: Genesis (OOC) Please note that the main thread is now open to all and is no longer closed/restricted to sign ups. This space can still be used for OOC discussion for the main thread. Hello! So ever since doing the first bits of Legionfall, where subversive agents of the Legion are again mentioned (they crop up now and again during the various class storylines), I've wanted to do something like this. Essentially, my thoughts are that the forces of Azeroth would create a sort of strike team to respond to these threats. Taking missions that would be too delicate for an army, but just right for a group of specialists. Enter Legionstrike. I'm hoping to make various threads different missions, with each one following a storyline to the conclusion of the set goal. Although the original thread included roleplaying out a trial for approval into the team, we'll be skipping past that in this incarnation. Of course, these can be talked about during character development segments during downtime between phases of missions (sitting around the fire after making camp, etc.). Please keep in mind general good rules for roleplay when posting: respect posts that came before yours if they somehow alter shared content and aren't unreasonable, use spellcheck, no one/two-liner responses, no god-moding. I'm also adding the additional rule of at least one post every 5 days, unless prior notice is given. I believe that's reasonable, and the old thread sort of fell apart because people just stopped posting. So if you cannot commit to that, I appreciate the interest but we'll be moving at a faster pace. We already have a demon hunter, magical ghost and feral druid from the our previous incarnation, and I will post my character based on what I think will balance the team after apps are accepted. Thanks, and I hope to stir up enough interest to get this off the ground! Sign-Up Info: Name: Race: Gender: Relative Age: Class or Profession: Speciality (or what role would bring to Legionstrike): Notable equipment or abilities: Brief Summary:Arlynne259 5h
5h Disappearances in Dalaran OOC sign ups It's a quiet evening so far in the mage city of Dalaran as Tandrina Dawnflower was making her way back to her flat,she had a slight air of confidence to her this day as she had improved upon her flurry spell Kalel was going over with her. "What a day,I can't believe I finally got Mr. Kalel's previous spell right,I think I'll give Leon a call and see how his and Sera's day went. Papa's looking forward to seeing her this weekend." She giggled at recalling Seirus' happy expression when Sera called him grampy and then it dawned on her "Hmm,speaking of which I should remind myself to fix him something to take to his next lesson first thing,papa always gets so lost in his work." She saw the number on the door to her flat as she readied to conjure the shape of the rune needed to access the building.The two had been trailing the young mage. One armed with a set of brass knuckles, the other with a blackjack. The order was clear, the buyer wanted this mage alive. "Dead is easier." Muttered the human on the left. "Too easy, coulda gutted her four times already." Said one dwarf on the right. "Just follow the plan lad, I got things to do later." With it becoming evening this part of Dalaran was not quite as busy as the rest of the city. Both men split, one moving to her left side, the other to her right. "Pardon me lass, I tink I be a bit lost." Said the dwarf on Tandy's right side. His partner has slipped into the shadows, blackjack in hand ready to knock her unconscious. "Could you direct me to the Inn? Had a lil much ta drink." He said with a hic and a slight stumble, adding to the drunk façade.Something about the dwarf's words seemed a bit suspicious,it could be nerves but she decided to play along while getting ready to get a cast off. "Of course sir,it's just across the way next to the toy shop!" She pointed as though pretending to give directions which lead to a cone of cold being shot from her index finger to freeze her potential assailant in place while it wouldn't kill him,he would be feeling quite the chill. "You made a few mistakes,the first one saying you had too much to drink,I've never heard many dwarves say that and second,you don't really smell like alcohol at all." The dwarf was caught off guard by the sudden attack. Frost coating him and freezing him in place temporarily. "Now!" He shouted. His associate lunged from the shadows behind Tandy, swinging at the back of her head with his wooden blackjack. Tandrina heard the dwarf call out to his accomplace as she quickly blinked barely evading the blow form the black jack as she launched a flurry at her second assailant while keeping a defensive stance "Who are you and what do you want with me?!" She said with a tinge of fear in her voice. "I doubt this is just your typical robbery." The dwarf was hard at work chipping the ice rooting him to the ground while the human rolled to the right. Shadows enveloping him, her spell passing by him harmlessly. "You think we don't know how to deal with a mage child?!" He growled stepping through the shadows right behind her again. "We are here for you. Nighty night!" He said bringing his weapon around again. Tandrina grit her teeth placing her glasses back onto the bridge of her nose before blinking once more freezing the dwarf's feet into the ground "Final warning,I may be a kid in your eyes but I'm no pushover!" She closed her eyes as an aura began to surround her,not ice but and as she splayed out her hands towards the dwarf,ice began to form in the other hand swirling the two elements together they took the form of a dragon's head as a cone of fire burst from the head and smacked hard into the dwarven assailant knocking him back,the frost of the spell preventing potential fatal wounds. "Took me a while to fully control this spell but you'll be alright,well...if you mind yourself in whatever prison they lock you up in for attempted kidnapping..." As she was speaking the human had made a quick recovery ready to clamp his hand over the girl's mouth only to feel a strong kick into a nearby pile of crates knock him out. [1/3]Tandrina311 5h
6h Death Knight odor? So are Death Knights rotting? Do they have an odor? Need to know for MRP reasons! Thank you ahead of time.Mousillon10 6h
8h What does your character think of void elves? How do they react to these new thalassian elves? How they feel about them joining the alliance?Valdros16 8h
8h Legionstrike: Alpha (OOC) Saehri, I've tapped you and your daughter for an important mission on Argus. Far out in a quadrant of the planet with no business having any signs of life, there has been an unnatural amount of activity. With the campaign on Argus drawing on nearly every resource we have I've opted for a small strike team to go investigate this anomaly and deal with any threat it may pose to the campaign proper. To that end I've included a list of talented individuals, all of whom have already accepted a role in this team, as well as their location. Additionally I'm leaving the final spot open to your discretion, I trust you won’t have any difficulty getting in contact. The stones I've included have been attuned to the rendezvous and from there Vahrra has the location of a forward camp you can operate out of. Good Luck, Khadgar ******************************* Welcome to Legionstrike: Alpha! This is a companion thread to Legionstrike: Genesis, this team will have it's own mission parallel to the Genesis team with the goal being to have both threads eventually converge on a single pair of villains. I plan on keeping this as an open thread (as Genesis is) but even so I'd like there to be a few guidelines. 1) Even though this is an open thread, I'd ask all people who plan on joining to put up a character sheet so the rest of the thread can have something quick to read about what your character is like. 2) I'd ask that you bring no more than two characters into this thread 3) As this is an open thread you may come and go as you please. HOWEVER, if you must leave I'd ask that as a courtesy to others you write an exit post giving a reason so that the RP isn't stalled. If you go more than two weeks without posting I will reserve the right to write the character out of the RP (while leaving a bit of wiggle room for them to return.) 4) As much as I'd love to RP with Void Elves this story takes place before the end of the Legion and thus none of the elves in Telogrus are actually Void Elves yet, so I'd ask you to refrain from posting on such. For a character sheet please follow the below: Name: Race: Gender: Relative Age: Class or Profession: Speciality: Notable equipment or abilities: Brief Summary:Saehri119 8h
8h Pirate RP? Are there any RP groups or servers who have piracy as their main theme?Velora2 8h
9h [Resource] Minerals Greetings WET Forum, After 400 hours total of research and the last week of working on just this one guide (I've got five more planned), I now give you the largest compilation of minerals ever created for WoW. ... Please keep in mind, I am one person. I miss things, I get some things wrong, and I'm not omniscient. This is why I've listed sources. Check for yourself if you're wishing to use anything here for roleplay or serious lore discussions. If you find anything incorrect, or discover a new type of mineral that is not on this list, please let me know and I will do what I can to add it in. You can send in-game mail to Cannibal on Horde-side Wyrmrest Accord. You can leave a post on my talk page, found here: You can leave a post here on the forums. You can add my Discord and send me a direct message here: Cannibeans#3192- Hope you guys enjoy. :)Cannibal0 9h
10h Lore Q&A and Character Help 3 A continuation of my other threads, found here: 1: 2: I have a knack for knowing and finding obscure references in lore and, generally, just knowing a lot about it. If you have any lore questions, want some help with a character backstory or anything of the like, leave it in the comments and I will happy to do my research and help in any way I can! ... Of course! What flag someone flies has no sway on who they fall in love with. It's perfectly acceptable to have a cross-faction relationship, though as usual (and especially with the upcoming expansion), expect to see some public backlash in RP if you're open about it.Cannibal393 10h
10h Draenei Shaman? Hi everyone, I’ve never had the opportunity to RP, but I do like to think up back stories for my characters that gives them purpose and identity. However, I really struggle with Draenei Shaman, my main (purely because it’s fun and flashy). For that matter, I struggle with all Alliance shaman. To me, shamanism is very much tied to the primitive, brutal cultures of many of the horde races. I have trouble figuring out why a race of master mages that worship the light and travel on space ships would do things like cast hexes, go into bloodlusts, carve totems, and commune with spirit wolves. What frameworks do you guys use to explain your Draenei shaman? So far all I have is that after witnessing the devastation of the Legion, some Draenei may start communing with and mastering the elements in hopes of rejuvenating scarred worlds. The most ambitious Draenei may even want so much mastery over the elements to one day allow their people to forge a new home hidden deep in the cosmos... a la Titan AE ;-PStormborne5 10h
14h Battlemage roleplay Good afternoon all, I have been playing WoW on and off for many years but I have never given RPing on here a go and was thinking of giving it a go, I have in other places like Star Wars d20 and D&D so I have a understanding of roleplaying. My question how ok is it now days to role play a DK as not a DK, I have gone over the forums and I know it is not always taken so well. This comes about as I would like to start a role play on a character I kind of made up as I played along the wow story. I have a frost DK that I have been playing for many years as a half elf Battlemage (in my head cannon), He is never the main character just a mage that put on heavy armour and picked up to protect his family. Now I know the half elf thing is also looked down on but that’s not what I am worried about for now, if I need to flesh some things out when making the character real I will. the main issue it seems is could I use a Frost DK to be a Frost Battlemage if he was a High elf or a Draenei or would it just be to difficult? Thank you all for your time. Edit: forgive the bad spelling and grammar I am doing this on my phone in a bit of a rush.Talock4 14h
14h "Quarantine" (IC-rp thread) Dalaran is bustling with activity, people most likely having a party due to the fact that the legion is dealt with and enjoying there time, though for some odd reason the ledgerman Tavern seems to be the most busy as of late, enough for suspicion. "So i heard this guy is hiring people for a extremely dangerous job!" said a goblin patron in the tavern. "Yeah right, you suppose this human mage is the key to find the place and hiring mercenaries?" said another patron, most likely a mage guard off duty. "It's True, i met him once, he only takes the toughest people for hire without care, and gives warnings to those who are seen as lesser mercs!" said a random gnome patron. "How dangerous can it be... he's probably wanting the best for easily done payment, bet he hires anyone just to make the lowest bunch walk away without thought." the rest of the conversation is drowned out, most are talking about the rumors, the rest are discussing about the meteors landing in gilneas, or concerns about the the small war in there, only to be interrupted by a small fight between an orc and a worgen, luckily however, the fight rolls out into the streets. However that is not there main focus, the gossiping is however. The tavern is crowded, most spots are filled, only one that is not is a couch with a single human keeping his hood over his face, and a trench coat. only thing able to see of his features is his ash colored beard and pale skin. Around his fingers, he wears a ruby gem ring that appears to be cut in a rose pattern. he gazes around the tavern for potential hiring, a single eye popping out of his hood, which gives off a odd color, blood red pupils gazes at the door for anyone who enters while he occasionally taking a drink of his glass of whiskey.Dârak85 14h
17h Nightborne: Adjusting to the horde How do you think the Nightborne feel about going from a place so advanced that it has street cleaning robots, to going to Orgrimar and Thunderbluff where they don't even have indoor plumbing?Callarae6 17h
1d The Umberwing Tavern and Inn [Meta/Open] [Greetings! Explanation: while this thread itself is technically a tavern and inn thread, I don't intend for it to be a typical sit about and chat gathering. At least not as its only purpose. The Umberwing is located in the dark fringes of Duskwood, remote enough that members of both the Alliance and the Horde and more can walk through its doors without judgment. A grizzled human male tends to the bar, offering drinks and advice. For those of the enterprising and adventuring sort, he will also offer local quests and jobs. A board is pinned with the latest notices and bounties, but the regulars all know that talking to Annestrian is the quickest way to the biggest paying jobs. The barkeep remembers those who frequent the establishment, and will show favor to those who make an effort to keep up relations. Think of it as a reputation. While characters can come and enjoy the atmosphere and socialize, I figured I would offer a service through the thread as well. These days WoW seems all about saving the world every other day, and I feel like the everyday dungeon delving for treasure and saving local towns from beasts went a bit by the wayside. Those that come asking for a quest can narrow down their desired prospects, and in return I will provide a writing prompt for their own thread! I greatly enjoy coming up with adventure ideas, but often don't have a huge amount of time to invest in roleplaying them. I could even come up with opening posts for those who desire them. Finally, there are perks to getting to know the staff of the Umberwing. Annestrian will become more friendly to common faces, and a small selection of adventuring needs will be offered for fair coin. Those who go even further in pursuing a rapport will be rewarded with more exotic and potent wares, in addition to secret information not shared with the everyday adventurers that come and go. It's been said that those who help out the Umberwing on a regular basis find themselves in good relations with the owner, who is almost never seen but always bestows good fortune upon those who labor to gain an audience.] The old barkeep worked his rag with the dexterity of a practiced hand, effortlessly clearing spots away from mugs and glasses while whistling an aimless tune. The light of day turned somber early in Duskwood, and afternoon was just now beginning to flirt with the beginnings of twilight. Many of the booths and tables were empty about now, but the human knew that would quickly change as night approached. Drink and adventure, that’s what the Umberwing Tavern and Inn was all about. Annestrian glanced over to the overcrowded board near the thick wooden doors that marked the entrance to the establishment. Thick parchments of all colors and manners of handwriting were pinned in a wild pile of promises for gold in exchange for services rendered. Those who came to post them knew the Umberwing would see them doled out and completed. The place had a certain reputation to uphold, after all. The man snapped his fingers once, sharply. At the command, a pair of smartly-dressed barmaids emerged from the back rooms to bring fresh wood to the fireplaces. The dull embers of the midday fires grew to roaring blazes in the hearths, and the delicious smells of the beginnings of various dinner courses started to waft from the kitchens. The tavern was ready for the evening and the patrons it would bring. Annestrian smiled, his grey whiskers twitching. This was the life.Soronax50 1d
1d To Void elf RPers: Void Elves and the light As there is currently very little lore for void elves, a lot is up in the air for the ren'dorei. So, this question is less about lore and more how you roleplay it. How do you think void elves react to the light? Does it hurt? Does it have a lessened, or no effect. Do void elves need to be careful when going out in the sun? Is Sunday their least favorite day? You tell me.Callarae14 1d
1d Possible to be a High Elf turned Void Elf? Rather than a Blood Elf becoming a Void Elf, is it plausible story-wise for Void Elf to have been a High Elf formerly? I am a little unclear on the possibility of this...Asking for a potential RP character idea. Then again, I wouldn't want to be too special snowflake-y since there are apparently so few High Elves. I'd just like to see if I can deviate from Blood Elf-specific lore in the case of my Velf character's history. ThanksCeresmoon45 1d
1d Writing Prompt#1 The Skeleton In The Crypt So something I miss from the old fan-fiction forums before it got re-consolidated here were those interesting writing prompts Nethendra(?Candle CM) would post. I figured why not start those back up but in my own way. I will either give you an image or a short prompt from which to build your story upon. Some down the line may have limitations but for the first I feel it fair to not limit you. Write as much as you want! This week we're starting with an image. If you don't know there is a crypt in the mountainside of the Badlands. Your task this week is to write about either the skeleton in the chair, one of those that are huddled around them, or about one of the long forgotten items that finds itself hidden deep within the crypt as you see fit. It can be a short story, a poem, even a song if you prefer.ärker1 1d
2d Questions about Highborne Greetings all, I have a few questions about Highborne. 1) Where would they have been born? Could I use Val'sharah? (My favorite zone) 2) How old would they be now? 3) Could my Highborne have been a hand-maiden to the queen before she let the demons in? Perhaps she escaped via a portal some Magi put up to help evacuate the city. 4) Could they still produce children at their age? Any help would be loved, and I look forward to RPing her.Alaelee4 2d
2d WET Community Lounge 120 Good Evening All Lounge 120 is now open Drinks are iced Extra donuts stocked Pizza is better than waffles Don't Troll Be Careful with the Tauren Whiskey Come on in relax, enjoy, take root, branch out, be kind to all - even the orcs :) Previous: Archive: 2d
2d Legionstrike: Genesis [Open] The snapping of the kindling. The light crackle of the flames. Slowly but surely, the familiar sounds of the campfire brought Lianhua out of her reverie and into the present. Inquisitive emerald eyes widened slightly as it all came rushing back to her. Meditation did have a way of removing oneself from the woes of the world, if only for a while. But such a thing could be dangerous with potential enemies hiding in every shadow. This was their second night in the wilderness, she and the other members of Legionstrike. An elite task force picked by Khadgar himself to quell high-priority threats with subtlety and efficiency that large armies could not achieve. A single knife to still a storm of blades. It was poetic when the Pandaren thought about it. She and her companions were hiking through Eversong Woods toward the deepest reaches of the enchanted forest. The mode of travel was a necessity, despite the fact that any number of mages could have teleported them much closer to their destination. These days however, you could never be too sure who might be a Legion spy; the series of monolithic runestones set by the Sin'dorei to ward against outside threats would surely trigger in response to a translocation spell of that magnitude. The fewer people that knew about Legionstrike's presence, the better. Popping the cork from one of her favorite brews, Lianhua lifted the bottle to her lips and gazed about at the others whose lives she had been assigned to keep hale and whole. An imposing group, to be sure. She rather liked the worgen though. Even beneath his armor he still looked fluffy, like her. A tad more ragged, but that was alright. She would have to recommend her favorite shampoo later! Such thoughts helped keep her spirits light in the face of their mission. While a preliminary excursion to test Legionstrike's effectiveness, the importance of their success was no less vital. Demons had taken hold of an old and forgotten keep in the farthest reaches of Quel'thalas, in a stretch of land only patrolled by the restless undead and the damned. Such a foothold could not be suffered. From that position, the Legion could easily mount a campaign against the Sunwell from the blood elves' very doorstep. And they all knew what had happened the last time: Kil'jaeden nearly materialized upon Azeroth. Lianhua shuddered. Her people had been safely hidden by the mists of Pandaria at that time, but she could only imagine how terrible the toll if one of the Legion's commanders had arrived to take a personal hand in the invasion. "So," she chimed in an upbeat tone, glancing about at no one in particular. "How did you all get chosen for Legionstrike anyhow? It is always nice to make new friends, and the way I see it we should at least be introduced before we go to war together, yes?" She bowed her head from her cross-legged seated position. "I am Lianhua, of the Duskpetals. It is an honor to meet you all."Arlynne117 2d
2d Writing Void Whispers My character, Calarae, has occasional panic attacks caused by the whispers invading her mind. I've had the whispers saying "The god of the deep awaits you" and I've had them telling her to kill her sister. What else might the whispers be saying? How should I got about writing these whispers?Callarae3 2d
2d RP Resource: Sickness in Azeroth Introduction Hi there, everyone! So, many of us enjoy some level of immersion in our RP, and one aspect of immersion that I've noticed isn't incorporated into folks' RP often is sickness. I'm guessing that on any given day, you know someone who's sick, but how often do we see an ailment of such a variety in Azeroth? Personally, I maintain to minor use of the RPG books as subject matter for lore, so long as they don't conflict with canonized lore. I know that's not for everyone, and if it's not for you, that's fine, but the point is, I role-play as a Plagueshifter - a couple of them, actually. Between these two factors, I decided it would be a fun idea to gather and create a collection of diseases that my Plagueshifter(s) have encountered and that you're able to have your characters contract for whatever reason. I've touched on the diseases that we know exist, some diseases that have been implied to exist, and some other diseases that I just think are neat ideas for sicknesses. I included a few other disclaimers and such in the document itself, but I also want to add that I'll be bumping this thread with any updates to the list in the future. Also feel free to send me any sicknesses you've used or developed and would like me to add into the Tome with credit to you in the acknowledgments section! Here is a link to the full document: While the following posts transcribe the most important parts of the guide, there is a legend for source material and a few other pieces of information on the original document, such as sources. Hope you enjoy and get a lot of use from this item! EDIT: As a method to attempt to balance Plagueshifters, the way I RP the class is to keep it to having either a Water Elemental OR a White Pack, depending on actual Class, and these are what I'm referring to by 'the Plagueshfiter's Familiar' throughout the document.Orhakirn20 2d
2d Character Concept: Undead Bard This man was one a jovial bard who performed for taverns throughout the Eastern Kingdoms. However, he came home one night to find his wife and child murdered. With no other suspects, he was arrested and convicted for the murder. He hanged by the neck and several years later, he was resurrected by Sylvanas's Valkyr. He now plays his sad songs in Orgrimar, mourning the life he once had. What do you think? Too dramatic?Callarae0 2d
2d Highmountain on Argus? A thought occurred to me as I brought my Highmountain hunter here to Argus - my umpteenth character to make the flight from Azuremyst. Now, with the other allied races, they had a presence in some form. The Lightforged is the most obvious case, as they were the majority of the force on the ground; a number of Nightborne, led by Silgryn, also made the trip; and as most (if not all) void elves started out as blood elves, they could well have made the trip prior to being turned - plus, the Voidalleria origin story and what not. The Highmountain are a rather conspicuous absence (which is funny, because as I was levelling up my void elf monk and doing the class hall campaign quest at Tian Monastery, nearly every Tian student gathered at the end of that quest was a Highmountain). But until I myself set foot on Argus, I do not recall seeing antlers anywhere up there. Is it plausible at all to suggest that any Highmountain decided to join Velen and Company for whatever reason, to make the trip up there? I mean, in an IC sense.Tenatsali3 2d
2d I forgot! It’s been years since I last adventured in Azeroth. Much has changed. If I ever knew how to do the following, I’ve forgotten. Can some old-timer help me? A quest in Northrend requires me to first kill and then burn the corpse of an undead NPC. I have been given a lantern for this purpose. But I have not figured out the sequence of actions required to do so. Help me, please!Gericault2 2d
2d Infiltration “Dr. Kane Black, Associate Professor of the former University of Gilneas… Seems you have quite the reputation… Tell me, how does a doctor in engineering and chemistry go from being a professor to being one of the most notorious assassins in Azeroth?“ Black gave a gruff chuckle. "Technically agent, I don’t have a doctorate in chemistry I am just well versed in-” “Making poison? Yes… Dr. Black we have been keeping tabs on you ever since you have started upsetting the natural balance of what it is we do.” “Be !@#$ at spying?” His dark smile seemed wider than what actually should be possible in his human form. But the wolfish grin did nothing but piss her off further. The stout agent leaned over the wooden table, bringing herself closer to Black. "If we are %^-* spies you must be horrible at whatever it is you do because you sure as hell never caught on to us now did you?“ Her voice had an edge of irritation as she glared at the dark-skinned male. She was trying to cut through his apparent apathy of the ensuing mess he was in. It wasn’t working. He chuckled again. The rumbling show of mirth sounding deep and menacing, almost feral, but there was something else the agent caught… Pity? Yes, the laugh had an air of pity laced through it as if the good doctor was laughing at a child who didn’t understand the intricacies of the world. "Moira, dear…” After years of experience, the intuition that had seemingly evaded her in her apparent victory finally started to surface- as soon as Kane said her name. Not the alias that she had used for the past 10 years as an SI: 7 Agent, but the name given to her at birth… Information that should have been harder to obtain then even the most confidential of Alliance files. The agent’s mouth went dry instantly and her heart rate accelerated rapidly as realization dawned… The convenient tip that lead to his arrest and capture in Duskwood. The fact, they only took two casualties, and the peculiar lack of activity from the prisoner as he was transported to their headquarters. Before he could finish speaking she slammed her closed fist into the red button the gnomes had installed for emergencies. The interrogation room became bathed in red flashing lights as the alarm sounded. But before her hand could reach the blunderbuss by her side she heard the breaking of chains- the Doctor, fully transformed was upon her in an instant. Then there was only darkness.Jaeoxenos8 2d
3d Dragon Cultists Has anyone played as a member of a Dragon Cult? Not as an actual dragon but as a mortal member who willingly, or unwillingly, serves within said cult? If so what were your experiences with it, how did people treat you/your background? Also what does everyone think of someone of something like it for a character background?Azsharin17 3d
3d Cult of the Black Scales [IC] Please see the sign up thread for rules and to sign up. Sign ups are still open for interested parties. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Mortre paced in the depths of her caverns. “It just doesn’t make sense.” She grumbled. The contract, the death knight hunt, the stalking. What was going on? The worgen felt like she was missing a piece, a crucial piece, to this puzzle. She had almost worn a path into the stone of the cavern floor. Sterixia entered the cavern. As she did, her form began to shift. It went temporarily incorporeal as she twisted into the form of an elf like creature. Sterixia still hadn’t mastered the ability, as the elf took form it looked like a strange, alien creature. Her skin was leathery and pink, with patches of black silk like scales dotting the surface. Her hair was not hair, yet a long, piece of leathery cartilage that she could somewhat move. Her ears were indented in a way that they almost looked like dragon wings. Off of each corner of her jaw was a small tentacle. Sterixia’s form held no clothing, rather an elegant pattern of black silk scales and membrane. As she came out of the incorporeal state, she smiled at Mortre. Mortre regarded the netherdrake with a slight grin herself. “Getting better. I suppose you may look normal someday.” She chuckled to herself and resumed her pacing. Sterixia sat on a nearby stone and observed. “Sterixia… I just don’t know.” Mortre sighed. “I know someone is out for me… but who. Something seems so familiar, yet so foreign.” She paused and regarded the pondering netherdrake with softened eyes. Sterixia simply shook her head, having no idea herself. The muted woman stood and approached Mortre. She wrapped her arms around the worgen in a hug. Mortre’s face reflected a look of startled amusement, before she ran a clawed hand down Sterixia’s head. “Listen, if anything happens; go to Kersia. I am sure she will keep you safe.” Sterixia pushed away from Mortre and looked at her confused. It was uncharacteristic of her to be so… warm. Whatever had been going on, it bothered the dark woman deeply, and that troubled Sterixia. Mortre was always so confident, so decisive. And here she was. Deeply troubled. Sterixia felt a bubbling worry fill her body. “Well,” Mortre sighed. “You should go get something for food. Try to stay away from settlements okay?” Mortre grinned at her. Sterixia nodded and began to leave the chamber when something struck her. The world around her began to fade to black. She saw chains spring up from the stones, wrapping around Mortre. And then there was only darkness. Mortre watched with horror as something flew from the corner of the cavern and struck Sterixia. “Who’s there!?” she shouted. Chains sprung from the stones, binding her body in place. I don’t understand!? I sensed no one! Has the earth betrayed me!? Mortre looked wildly around the room. Laughter echoed down the tunnels and into the cavern. A figure took form, rising through what looked like liquid stone. He was human in appearance, garbed in what appeared to be formal attire. He didn’t look much older than eighteen, but he appeared sickly and ill. Dark circles could be seen under his eyes. He skin was bronzed in color, and his eyes were golden with elongated pupils. His hair was black and slicked back. He chuckled and shook his head. “Finally found you, after all this time.” His voice was dark and operatic. “Who are you!? What have you done with Sterixia!?” Mortre pulled against the chains, her face contorted into a snarl. He took a few steps towards her. “Oh my, you don’t recognize me? It hasn’t been that long… mother.” Mortre’s eyes grew wide. All the pieces snapped in place. “V-vinarion? You are alive? How?” “Well,” Vinarion walked around her, speaking with a slow and deliberate tone. “After you abandoned us, after father’s death, I took leadership. I lead us all to safety… to livelihood. I created a safe haven! And now… we want you!” A half elf female, garbed in black leather; with the same skin tone, eye color, and hair color as Vinarion, appeared behind Mortre. “Sorry, Mother.” She whispered softly into Mortre’s ear as she stuck a needle into Mortre’s flesh. “Van… exia? You are alive… too?” Mortre felt the world spin around her as she fell to her knees. Vanexia was there, standing above her. Next to her was another high elf, his hair long and loose. He stood with a grin plastered on his face, revealing the jagged teeth that filled his mouth. He leaned against a great scythe as he watched Mortre on the ground. Mortre looked between the three, the borders of her vision blackening. “Vanzer… you too? You all… are-“ The world faded out of view, as Mortre fell into a deep slumber.Mortre379 3d
3d RP High Pop or Low Pop Is it better to be at a high population role play realm, or a low population role play realm. What are the pros and cons of each. Specifically Moonguard (US) or Argent Dawn (US). If Moonguard how often to queues occur, and also expansion start.Cloudae1 3d
4d Backstory Collective: Writer Vynianyx Dude so, okay. My backstories are getting a little redonculous in length as I work to update everyone to where their stories are now. Trying to organize who has done what with who is becoming a headache as well. Not to mention changes in my own writing style. Add to all that new information and old information and changed information that may directly alter the concepts of some of my character's backstories... Sheesh. This thread is going to just be the backstories posted for my reference. It gets harder by the page to summarize some of these to a length suited for thread sign ups, without the sign up getting over 1-2 posts. When you add that to some of these being 5+ pages on an 8x10 word document, with one pushing 14 pages, it is just a mess of a headache. Most of it doesn't even pertain to half these thread signups anyway, and I would just link to the big story and post a synopsis as to why they are applying to said thread instead. Or maybe I am just lazy and don't feel like shortening these. Sue me. If you bless me with your time and actually read through these, I am so into constructive feed back. Everything is open for feed back. Lore, writing style, general nit picks, what ever. Oh god I love me some red pen. Please note it is going to take some time to get these all uploaded with blizzard's asinine limit of 5000 characters.Vynianyx65 4d
4d Races and Currency Rather, races and their conception of currency. So, I was RPing the other day. I wouldn't call it trolling, but I was yanking this goblins chain a bit. A very greedy, money is everything, goblin. I was going off on how Abra still does not truly understand the point of currency. Its part of a greater debate I've been having in my head. Do the more tribal, clan like, and communal societies (tauren, trolls, orcs, and dreanei to an extent) have a strong understanding of currency, markets, and the reason for coin? In our own time, we see that many Native American/First Nation tribes worked off of barter. They did not have a standard currency until it was introduced by Europeans. Now, empires did like the Aztecs and Inca, but by in large they did not. Not that I am aware of at least. Cultures that tauren and trolls are largely based off of. Orcs are not too dissimilar from tauren and trolls in that respect. At least Darkspear. Everyone must provide for themselves and by providing for themselves they provide for the clan. Dreanei are a bit different. Running in a single ship for 25,000 years among a decimated population, in a finite space, where is the need for currency? Would they have moved on from it? To the larger point, the Horde as we know it in WoW formed about 10 years ago. That gives tauren trolls and orcs 10 years to develop an understand the concept of currency in gold and copper standards as we know it. Its rather short. So my question is then, does anyone else do this with tauren and the like? Do you play dumb with what currency is? Do you not understand it? Do you make arguments for more communal aid in the form of each is given what they need and produce what they can for the whole rather than profit? To me it does not seem like a stretch for this to be a thing, though I am open to other opinions.Abrahof9 4d
5d Writing an attorney character Would anyone give me some advice for an attorney character? Callarae Sunstrike attended law school in Silvermoon and followed her twin sister to the teachings of Umbric. (Well, she thinks Umbric's a cult leader, but she had to protect her sister) So what should I know when it comes to writing a character who is a defense attorney? (If you're going to reply with "Azeroth doesn't have lawyers", please do not bother.)Callarae14 5d
5d Your character and the void elf scenario Question for void elf RPers, how did your character react to the transformation? What were they doing on Telgoras rift when it happened? When they were released from the void bubbles (or whatever) did they have difficulty acclimating? How about Umbric suddenly deciding that they're part of the Alliance?Callarae1 5d
6d Grandmas ashes Looking for a good place to dump my grandma's ashesLive3 6d
6d Sharing Names with Iconic Lore Characters Is it possible? Can it happen? Let's say that, for example, A Lordaeron Human, born maybe a year or two after Arthas, is named after him out of respect? I feel like it could be done, but I also feel like the government of Lordaeron would approach the parents and advise some sort of name change. Hell, after what Arthas did, the character that shares his name would likely change it themselves. Obviously it's not specific to just Arthas, I wouldn't be surprised if somebody named their child Varian or Jaina. Anyway, that's just something that's been rolling around in my head for a while, I'm curious about other people's opinions on seeing some Sous Chef named Arthas or Flower Picker named Garrosh just strut around Stormwind or Orgrimmar minding their own business. I would imagine this sort of thing is completely fine as long as the character isn't trying to be the one their named after.Aimarea13 6d
Mar 15 RP: Live Nubes I'm not a nub at the game, and not a nub at the lore... But I'm a big, fat nub when it comes to RP. I really like the IDEA of RP, but when I've tried it before, it seems a bit... slow? I've done the pen and paper thing (the old WotC Star Wars RPG), and had fun with it, so it's not that. I've also done the table-top thing, and had fun there. But every time I try to get into in-game RP, it just feels... off, somehow. I guess what I'm asking is: Where do I find good RP? What constitutes good RP? Do you guys find the pacing slow? And if so, how do you remedy that?Soktagul8 Mar 15