World’s End Tavern: Role-play and Fan Fiction

Mar 26, 2013 AH in 2 Moons Please put a neutral Auction House in 2 Moons :)Shredded2 Mar 26, 2013
Mar 26, 2013 female green whelp name? hi i looking for a female name for my green whelp pet thats female anyone have any ideas? im looking for something that fits lore i read on wow wiki that female greens names usaully end in RA, for the life of me i cant think of a name lol...ßritt8 Mar 26, 2013
Mar 25, 2013 Unremarkable Tales and Musings of a Blood Elf ((Ooc: Hi everyone! This will be a kind of journal for my character Wilaryn. It's been a very long time since I did any forum rp or in game rp. I'm a newbie yet again, so hopefully this will help me improve. I hope you like her stories, some will be short and some may be long. Though they may not be anything special.)) Wander Lust: Wilaryn tilted her head to the sky, watching rays of the sun hit the tree’s around her. Their leaves shone a brilliant gold color and danced in the breeze. She was resting beneath one of them, feeling the cool soil beneath her body. Nearby her dragonhawk companion, Sol, flew about aimlessly and at a slow pace. Day’s like this are what Wilaryn lived for, peace and contentment in Eversong. Hunting lynx, practicing her trade and sleeping beneath the stars… She let out a long drawn out sigh. Eversong no longer brought her peace. The memories of this place, or rather lack there of, brought her pain and the hole inside her was causing her spirit to grow restless. What few friends she had were now gone, dead or in other distant lands. Closing her eyes she relished the warmth of the sun on her face, and breathed in the scent of the forest. For a short time more Wilaryn would continue her hunt and do odd jobs in Eversong, for nobles and citizens alike. Perhaps she would even spend sometime in Silvermoon. The elf cringed and laughed at her self, Silvermoon. She hated cities, crowds, and the smell. Wilaryn knew that those cities are where the money is. Not that she need much of it, but she could probably find work there and an opportunity to wander the lands. Hunt other beasts, meet new challenges, drink new ales and get into brawls in far off taverns. The idea lifted her spirits some. Sol flew to her side and nudged her with his nose. She stroked his head gently. “We will stay here for awhile longer Sol.”Wilaryn6 Mar 25, 2013
Mar 25, 2013 Help: Nelf archeaologist RP I have signed on to help get a project off the ground, and for it I need to come up with a character based around the idea of archeaology and relic-hunting. I am using a hunter toon, and nelves are one of the few races that I like all the animations for, so I am attempting to come up with a story for a night elf archeaologist. I can picture a dwarf of course, from the Explorers League. Or a Pandaren from the Lorewalkers. But what would drive a night elf to choose this profession? Some thoughts I had were that she has dedicated herself to tracking and excavating historical and magical artifacts from the pre-Sundering era, in the hopes of keeping them from the hands of the Horde (blood elves in particular), demons, less trust-worthy Alliance, etc. I also have the opportunity to place her backstory with an existing demon hunting guild (as in fights the Burning Legion, not a -demon hunter- guild), so I could add demonic relics to the list of interests she has. I'm having a hard time pulling the idea into a cohesive story, does anyone have any ideas or tips based on the above? Thanks!Kaelani3 Mar 25, 2013
Mar 25, 2013 Photographs Because of improvements in gnomish engineering, photography has become more readily available! are there any photographs of your characters? here is a picture of omansi in orgrimmar http://i.imgur.com/klSB2MC.jpg ----- for those of you without Photoshop/similar programs you can use http://www141.lunapic.com/editor/? for the sepia tone/black and white and other effects you may want to useOmansi1 Mar 25, 2013
Mar 25, 2013 The Story of Carthrolas Full Name: Carthrolas Andrew Shadowblade Race: Human, well Half.. It's a Long Story. Class: Rogue Talent: Duel Wielding Maces Professions: Enchanting / Jewelcrafting Age: 21 Sex: Male Hair: Brown Eyes: Hazel Green Weight: 185 Lbs. Height: 6' Home-realm: The Scryers Garments/Armor: Leather, stitched together from the flesh and hide of various ghouls and geists around Azeroth. The Story of Carthrolas; Survivor of Stratholme See, Carthrolas was born early in the Age of the War on the Scourge. Being born in Stratholme, He had lived out His childhood in happiness and a wonder for Adventure, But that had all changed when His Father and Mother had fallen very ill one Day. It was minor cough at first glance, but after only a few Hours, He had watched as it had worsened their condition since the last time He had seen them; His Father's face had been covered with sores and Mother's arms and neck were covered in bruises from the unexplainable symptoms of the Scourge Plague. City Officials had ordered that He no longer live with his Parents until the symtoms had been further studied, so He had slept over His best Friend's House for that night on the Outskirts of Stratholme. As He had been leaving through the city streets and reached outside the walls, He could hear almost every person in town coughing, some even gasping for air. A truely horrible fear had begun to grow in Carthrolas' mind. When He had awoken next Morning, the Morning sun was glowing a shade of crimson red, and the usual hustle and bustle of Stratholme had grown into complete silence. Even the house He was in had been evacuated, aside from the small worg His Friend had kept as a companion and Himself, everyone had left Him there alone in the darkness. Peeking out of the window at his home-land of Stratholme, He had been strucken speechless as to what He had saw next; his childhood home swarming with Undead, as far as the eye can see in every direction, Ghouls and unspeakable Abominations that would not Hesitate to devour the Life of any living thing to cross their Path. Seeing the very soil and walls of the city painted red with Blood, Carthrolas had then realized that that He had been the only surviving Citizen of His home-land left that had not been afflicted with the Plague. But why Him? A knock on the door startles Him, bolting down the stairs He had rushed to the door and peeked out to see a Man standing in black robes and a hooded mask with dark markings on parts of his face that were visible, accompanied with a lone Geist by his side, claws dripping with the Blood of his People; Their intent had looked sinister and ill, so he had refused to open the door. Carthrolas goes back upstairs to hide in the room and slams the door shut, only to find the robed Man standing right behind Him. Trapped and mortified, He is frozen with fear. The Man grins wickedly and raises his hand towards him, a spell from his hand had released a spark of black energy; making Carthrolas' vision begin to blacken until he was no longer conscious. In His state of darkness, He could feel His body being moved around, dropped, and stabbed numerous times. He awakens, covered in Blood and gash wounds, locked in a cage far within a Castle of some sort. His awareness brings the attention of a Skeleton Guard standing guard by his cell. He examines Carthrolas for a moment and exclaims, "THE MEAT- SACK HAS AWOKEN!" The Guard then walks into the other Chamber for a short time before coming back, this time with the hooded Man He had seen moments before losing conscious. Enraged, He picks up a bone lying within His cell and throws it with all of His might at man through the Cell Bars. He dodges the bone, but the Skeleton Guard behind him being less fortunate, gets the Skull knocked right off of his shoulders. The man Laughs at the situation and the Guard picks his Head back up and places it back on his shoulders and with a Spiteful tone says, "Just wait, Fleshling... Ner'Zhul with have his way with you, THEN we shall see who has the last laugh." The Guard then storms out of the room, slamming the door behind it and leaves you to speak with the Man.Carthrolas5 Mar 25, 2013
Mar 25, 2013 Civilizations of Warcraft (Brainstorm/R&D) Hello and Welcome to the CoW Brainstoooooorm (And Research and Development) thread. For those of who don't know, Civilizations of Warcraft is a Nation Roleplay that should be made around Friday, should everything go according to plan... I need some help deciding how to implement some of the features, and deciding what exactly we want out of the thread, do we want a heavy statistical part, or a more role play oriented thread. I believe the sweetspot is somewhere in the middle, and I hope I scratched the surface of that with what I've created so far. Anyway look through what I've got so far, and feel free to leave a comment telling me how I can improve it! Civilizations of Warcraft Start: Participants start with one or more cities, either in one zone or spread out, with a population of 25,000 to 100,000. For most, their military will start small and should take up no more than a small percentage of the Nation’s population. All of this varies on Government types and Racials. Turns: Turns Pass when either -Everyone has made a post -TM deems a turn passed -At predetermined Time Intervals (i.e. new turn every day) Turns are used to determine income, research, construction, and training. For example, training a platoon of Footmen might take 3 turns, so after 3 turns you would have your footmen. Turns do relate to in-game time. For example, there are three turns in a season, if the game started at Spring for example, after three turns it would be Summer. This is subject to change when experience a calm after a major event, time might slightly speed up for a short time, shortening build times, and research times. Resources: Resources work pretty simply, every zone has a set amount of resource nodes, either Lumber, Ore, or Food. Resources are revealed after scouting the area, and can be harvested via lumber mills/farms/mines built in cities, some resources share a node and you have to choose which one to exploit. Gold is a different story, as it is gathered from cities, via markets and doesn’t require a node. Resources can become depleted however, and the TM (Me) will tell you when you are nearing peak resource in the area. Resources are exploitable by establishing Zone Control in an area, as mentioned below, or by splitting resource nodes with another player. Each node produces 100 of the resource a turn. Different resources are used for different things, food and ore are used in unison for troop production, ore and lumber is used for buildings, food and lumber are used for naval production, gold is used in most units and a few buildings. Late game units will need A city not constructing a building produces 50 gold a turn once economics is researched, and produces 100 per turn after researching Public Transport. Zone Control and Cities: Cities are constructed for a decent sum of resources, the cost goes up for every city built in the same zone, the cost goes up. Cities act as your control points in a zone, from a city you can construct buildings, and train platoons, gather resources, and garrison troops. Establishing a city in zone will grant you zone control, unless of course said zone has already been colonized by another nation. It is possible to establish a frontier city in a contested zone without invading. If the Nation controlling the zone notices your city and chooses to “Evict” you, well I’d suppose its war. If two people share a zone, then they have to divvy up the resources. Here’s and example of the entire system. The Axis of Awful has scouted Ashenvale and found: 1 Farming Node (Talondeep Path) 1 Mining Node (Demonfall Canyon) 2 Lumber Nodes (Splintertree Post, Warsong Lumber Camp) 1 Lumber/Mine Node (Zorram Strand) The Axis of Awful colonizes the region, founding the city of Isengard in Ashenvale. The Axis Commissions the construction of a lumber mill using workers from Isengard, the Lumber Mill is built near Splintertree Post. As you can see, the construction of the Lumber Mill at Splintertree post is queued in Isengard’s build order. Thus, the process of extracting resources is a timely one and best done with a few cities. With the Lumber Mill built, The Axis of Awful now receives an income of Lumber every turn. Every Zone you control increases population growth by .5%Zorbak28 Mar 25, 2013
Mar 24, 2013 Roleplaying as a Bard: Class? After roleplaying as a savage and eccentric warrior who calls herself Bigsmashy, I've felt like roleplaying as a more subtle and collected character; a bard. However, I have absolutely no clue what class would fit a bard! Does anyone have an idea what class would fit a bard the best?Bigsmashy8 Mar 24, 2013
Mar 24, 2013 Question regarding Death Knight flying mount Hey there, I've wondered about this for a long time: Apart from the Winged Steed of the Ebon Blade, what would be a suitable IC flying mount for a Blood Elf/High Elf Death Knight? I know, in general, living creatures instinctively shy away from undeads. I'm guessing it would be difficult for my character to ride a Dragonhawk (unless he forcefully bends it to his will?) The Tirisfal bats don't seem to mind the Forsaken, but unfortunately they are unavailable as mounts. Dragons are usually a big no-no. Are the Frostbrood Vanquishers any exception? Higher-ranked death knights like Scourgelord Tyrannus had a frost wyvern. In the Death Knight starting quests, the Lich King also temporarily granted our Death Knight a horn that summoned a riding wyvern. Would these undead dragon be considered "OP" from an RP standpoint? What about proto-drakes? Lore seems to indicate they are beastly and primitive - unlike the intelligent dragons. Argent Crusaders also used them as mounts in their Northrend campaign... Any thoughts/suggestions on this matter would be much appreciated. I would've stayed with the Ebon Blade mount, but it just looks... too much like an undead chicken to me.Fishy2 Mar 24, 2013
Mar 24, 2013 Shadow Hunter RP Gear Hello, World's End Tavern. Is this good RP Gear for a Shadow Hunter? http://i.imgur.com/8QFqXfT.jpg The Gear I plan to use is the gear my character is wearing in the Dressing Room on the left side of the screenshot. Thanks.Zaggis2 Mar 24, 2013
Mar 24, 2013 How long would you wait? I just have a simple question. My rp character has started a relation with another character. Someone I do not know oocly. But they have not logged on in quite some time. How long would your character hold on and wait for their return?Keglagek2 Mar 24, 2013
Mar 24, 2013 Looking for a RP realm Hello all! This is my first post ever on the WoW forums so please be gentle :P Any who, I am new to Wow but not to RP and I am thinking of taking the leap here. My background is largely in paragraph driven, turn based RP but I do scale down to fit the environment. So where is a girl to go? I am currently on moon guard but not invested there. I hope to find a realm/guild with strong IC/OOC separation who understand a character is a character and not who I am in Real life. I have role played in various genres including Game of Thrones, Victorian Fantasy and the ever looked down up on Gor - ha. FYI I do NOT buy into Gor's philosophy and was actually turned down for a guild because they felt because of my past experience I was looking for ERP. (Great example of lack of IC/OOC separation there). ERP - not interested and in fact after running into Goldshire on MG any story line EVER in Wow that goes down that road I would fade to black. Okay so...lot's of info here. So what realms would you recommend? Also if there is a bias towards adult themed rp in one's background for the most part in WoW let me know and I will not mention that in my applications going forward. Thanks all!Trixiepetite3 Mar 24, 2013
Mar 23, 2013 Leveling RP partner Looking for someone to level a toon, a main tank healz priestess with all the way to lvl 90. I would prefer someone who is active, friendly and fun. I am making this toon to be a main healer for our raid groups in my guild. So it will be a very active played character. Msg me here or ingame on Wyrmrest Accord if interested.Venusadora2 Mar 23, 2013
Mar 23, 2013 The fall of the great wall Sorry, I would be doing this story on my pandaren, but he is still low level... Enjoy! The Fall of the Gate of the Rising Sun Paragraph I Introduction to Che and his father A native Pandaren named Che Wong was getting ready for another day of farm work. Today was the day he would sell his crops to the town. Che Wong lives in The Valley of the Four Winds. His father, Cho Wong asks him, "Che, I need you to go down to The Vale of Eternal Blossoms". He was quite upset because he was looking forward to going down the town, and making some money so he could buy a bow. Che was a very skilled archer who practiced every day. Other people use to make fun of him, considering marital arts was the fighting style, and he used a bow instead. He replied to his father, "Yes, my father". Che prepared a wagon with an ox and gathered supplies he needed for the trip. It would be a whole week before he reached his destination. He finally left during lunch time. Paragraph II Che finds a shado pan Che was walking up the region, walking along the ox, when suddenly, he spots a bow on the floor. He picks up the bow and in carved into the wood, says, "Property of Leng Chow, Ranger of the Shado-pan". He replies with ecstatic emotion, "WOW, I found a bow that belonged to a shado-pan archer! I heard that these are the best bows in the empire!". With happiness, he continues his journey. Paragraph III Shado pan and the threat While Che was walking up, the Shado Pan saw a threat to the wall. The Mantid was planning an attack at the gate of the Rising Sun. They prepare the archers and the warriors for a war. The Gate of the Rising Sun was the main gate that held off the dangers to the empire. Half of the wall that extended from the Vale of Eternal blossoms to Valley of the Four Winds, guards where doubled with rangers on the top, and 100 warriors at the other sister gates. Now it was a matter of time before the threat would come. The whole empire was now at war. Towns near the gates where either evacuated to the coast, or warned to be ready to evacuate. On top of that, newcomers called the Horde and Alliance bring hate into the empire, causing more threats at the Jade forest. So now the whole entire empire was not only at war with the Mantid, but also with the Sha of Hate.Denorla2 Mar 23, 2013
Mar 22, 2013 Rise from the Ashes Now, I Ghlafferge have declared that my guild, Kingdom of Khaz Modan, will be shut down. To not offend anyone that was involved in the process, I will not state the exact details. The next part is IC)). I, Ghlafferge, King of the Hill Dwarves of Yonder, am searching for kin to join us. I shall name ourselves the clan of freelings, as we accept criminals and exiles into our ranks as well. The only requirement is to be of Dwarven ancestry (meaning that you're a dwarf in game). The principality is going to be heavily influenced by the beliefs of the Hill Dwarves. (this is OOC again) Basically, this is a heavily warhammer-themed guild. Be prepared with a knowledge of Dwarven warhammer lore (from the ancestor gods to the present age), and be prepared with a character biography, as well as a basic knowledge of RP. This will be held in the highland farming village of the Wetlands, although you can meet me in Dun Algaz and I can show it to you.Ghlafferge1 Mar 22, 2013
Mar 22, 2013 LF RP Home (location, not realm) As title says I am looking for a location to use as my characters RP home, not an RP realm, I'm happy here on WrA! Anyways, my character's current home has recently becoming more and more frequently used by by other people doing things on my bed that has caused me to have to have replaced it 10 times now...Ahem I've been flying all over Northern Kalimdor trying to find a new place to my specifications, with no luck, so hopefully someone here might know of a place! Looking for a house that uses Kaldorei/Cenarion architecture in an area that is not heavily used by anyone, and has no NPCs in it. This is the style I'm trying to find. http://i49.tinypic.com/2i26ac.jpg http://i45.tinypic.com/51o7y1.jpg If anyone happens to know of any places like I've described I would be forever in your debt! Thanks ^^Lethandor1 Mar 22, 2013
Mar 22, 2013 Team building story lines for a guild Okay, if this thread has been done before I apologized profusely all over myself. However, I have grown tired of kidnappings, beatings, murders and being evil for evil sake in the story lines I have been involved in. Yes, I know it can be fun, and it is, in short small amounts...not all the time. I'm looking for some story lines I might be able to instigate within my guild and outside of it to allow RPing opportunities, as well as team/guild building activities that will help draw our members together, not at each others throats. I thought maybe an old fashioned ice cream social with cake, ice cream, and cookies with ice cold milk might be a nice activity that would allow some RPing and the new people to get to know some of the old codgers in the guild. Or a scavenger hunt, most fascinating grey item you can pull together and bring say within a week's time to a guild meeting or dinner? Can you help me with a few ideas? I'm definitely not the brightest crayon or sharpest knife in this guild, and I dearly love all the members like family, but I tire of the wicked plots and look for a more uplifting excursion once in a while. My thanks, and I appreciate any help you can give me in accomplishing my goal, more fun in our getting together as a family.Cyaer5 Mar 22, 2013
Mar 22, 2013 Can a Worgen DK be realted to a lets say worgen druid?Darmonic6 Mar 22, 2013
Mar 22, 2013 The Biggest Oxymorons in wow So I was sitting around thinking today, what would just make you go, What the hell did you just say you did/are? Here are some I thought up 1. A rogue who is afraid of the Dark 2. A Deathknight who is Squeamish to blood 3. A druid who hates nature 4. An Aethiest Priest or Paladin(Not counting the Sunwalker paladins or the Blood Knight Blood elves. I Kinda think of them as, just doing they own thang.) 5.A mundane resto shaman. 6. A hunter who hates animals. Thats about it. It gets sorta lame towards the end, but meh. Feel free to go to town with em.Thedarkmanjo44 Mar 22, 2013
Mar 22, 2013 Isle of Thunder Wall Walking Ishnu-dal-dieb! Posted a video about wall-walking into the thunder forge on youtube, please have a look: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aSKjNEfGps in watch in 720p too!Dalianin0 Mar 22, 2013
Mar 21, 2013 Quel'thalas and its sovriegnty Okay so there is something I think people have a huge misunderstanding about on my server wyrmrest accord. Silvermoon is NOT a sovriegn country seperate from the laws of the Horde. Many people still play it this way when dealing with laws and politics in Silvermoon when it just is not so. Even during Thralls reign as Warchief the Kor'kron were sent to the Undercity to occupy it because there was a rebellion and the Forsaken have been forced to dismantle their abominations. We also see in Hellscreams reign as Warchief he sends the Kor'kron overseers to Echo isles to occupy the Dark spear trolls. Silvermoon has offically been a Horde nation sense one of their unamed champions ((aka the charecter you play in Ghostlands quest arc)) brings the head of the scourge commander Darh'kan ((or how ever you spell his name)) To the Warchief who was presumably Thrall in the burning crusade time era of Azeroth. As an offical Horde nation they are to obey the laws of the Horde and if they move to betray the Horde the warchief that would be Garrosh Hellscream now will not hesitate to send in the Kor'kron and smack the blood elves back in line. Now don't get me wrong this is not a threadt that simply is hating on Blood elves. I in fact love Blood elves espically when somebody actually role plays them the way they should be role played. The reason I am breaking the bad news that the Blood elves are under the heel of opression that the rest of the Horde is under is so blood elves understand whats in it for them when they are overthrowing Garrosh. This is a chance for Quel'thalas to actually become its own nation and not be in debt or dependent on others as they have been in the past. The elves are tired of serving other races than being kicked down by bigots like Garrithos and Garrosh or being used for someone elses ends like Sylvanus forcing the Blood elves to go to Northrend after a civil war. That is pretty much what I have to say if I am wrong in any way shape or form please post REAL proof that I am. I don't want speculation I actually want a real quate from a novel or some kind of offical statement from the story writers.Walegar5 Mar 21, 2013
Mar 21, 2013 Roleplaying and Stereotypes Ok, can we come to an agreement that expecting every single roleplayer to have the same personality traits based on the stereotypes of the race is really silly? Everyone would be role-playing the same character if that were the case. Not all orcs are bloodthirsty maniacs, not all Blood Elves are snooty aristocrats, and the like. A race is composed of individuals, and they are going to have different interests, different outlooks, and different situations. Sure the values of their society are definitely going to affect them, but their society's values are not an inherit part of their traits (example: Engineering is an important part of Gnomish culture, therefore every single gnome loves it and knows how to build a Radiation bomb that would wipe out the whole city. Extreme, but you get my point). Since I see this argument for Blood Elves a lot, let me give you some examples of different archetypes within the society. Lady Liadrin is someone who has complete and total faith in the light and there are probably still people who see it only as a tool, of course there's the focus on magic but you can't expect every blood elf to be an instant expert on it, and every society has their underside, there's even a drunkard hanging out in front of the inn of Murder Row. Now granted that doesn't give a person free reign to twist the lore around to the point of ridiculousness.Matildya16 Mar 21, 2013
Mar 21, 2013 What would your character do if What would your character do if they were suddenly thrown into our world?Drusilla51 Mar 21, 2013
Mar 21, 2013 Possible future expansions and content. Discuss your opinions and what would you like to see.Grundrhek7 Mar 21, 2013
Mar 21, 2013 Orc clan question ((ooc)) So I was debating on my monks back story. One thing that entered my mind was making him a Thunderlord Clan orc. Here is the problem: according to what I have read the clan itself has supposedly been wiped out. I am unsure if I should try to rp as that in fear that it may violate an rp rule. So I ask of you. Would playing as a Thunderlord Clan orc be bad idea? Or would it be.ok to do soKnuckles3 Mar 21, 2013
Mar 21, 2013 A Legend Returns.. All you new young whippersnappers may not know who I am, but I was an old RP'er of this forum who has chosen to grace its halls once more. Those who do know me may remember the name Drake Dawnstar, and other shenanigans of that sort. So, yes, I have returned. But only for a few days. I have one quick question, however. Where the hell have all the oldies gone? Twiit, Meep, that one draenei girl who always complained about stuff but never left? I miss my bros.Skyperion125 Mar 21, 2013
Mar 20, 2013 Resurrection Can we all just agree that resurrection is pretty much impossible? It's just weird when people don't care about dying in RP because there's some readily available healer to bring them back each and every time. It doesn't make any sense. Also, I'm not talking about the undead, or DK's. I'm talking about perfect resurrection on the spot like the skills we have in game.Wit2 Mar 20, 2013
Mar 20, 2013 Shamans in the Kirin Tor. I've always liked the Kirin Tor and always liked Shaman, so when Dwarves could be shaman it made me wonder. Would a Shaman in the Kirin Tor be very far-fetched?Makkizz2 Mar 20, 2013
Mar 20, 2013 How does a warlock, become a warlock? I know the story goes: "Warlocks are former arcanists, or in the case of the orcs, former shamans, who, in pursuit of ever-greater sources of power, have cast off their studies of the arcane or nature magics to delve deeper into the darker, fel-based magic of shadow." But it never elaborates on that. I haven't figured it out, how does an arcanist or shaman decide to delve deeper into the darker, fel-based magic? Does that mean a well trained arcanist or shaman can throw off their studies at any time and tap into the fel? Is the fel just sitting there waiting to be tapped, and tempting the caster? More importantly who is tempting the arcanist/shaman to become a warlock? Is it the first trainer you go to? Is it sargeras himself appearing and asking for you to sign a contract in blood? (joking) I'm a little confused on how a warlock, decides to become a warlock.Tynalos11 Mar 20, 2013
Mar 20, 2013 Cross faction RPing methods? My guild is starting to get close to being ready to start our guild RP, but I would love to have a couple tauren and possibly a troll druid Cenarion Circle members. Is it possible to work around the language barrier and have good RP with the opposite faction? Possible solutions I've came up with on my own could be real-id the person on the opposite faction and translate for them, or skype with them so it would be easier to copy-paste it in. Are there any better methods? Would an addon that done this through real-id and used private channels be against the ToS if it is only used for RP purposes...does such an addon exist if it is not?Masayume14 Mar 20, 2013
Mar 20, 2013 Blizzard, why no strict RP servers. I would really appreciate if blizzard implemented 1 "Strict" RP server, and the other RP servers are just normals. 1 server blizzard, just 1 where everyone can RP and it is moderated by gm's.Alarielle11 Mar 20, 2013
Mar 20, 2013 [A]LFM Druid RP Guild! New RP guild based on the Cenarion Circle, on Wyrmrest Accord. Looking for CO-GM to help me get this started, I'm a bit new at running an RP guild, but couldn't find a druid one so made my own. Accepting all druids druid RPers, of any level. So, make an alliance WrA druid and lets party like animals!Masayume4 Mar 20, 2013
Mar 20, 2013 Plug for a unique guild http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8156015825?page=1#0 I really would like some rpers to join me. This is not a hard core guild, but a welcoming one for joining the server. It is a quiet community, low level pvp is almost non existent unless you go looking for it. And we are CRZ free!Marlyna0 Mar 20, 2013
Mar 19, 2013 New to RP I know there's many topics about this, but I'm looking for fresh information. I've been thinking of joining a rp community, it's something that has interested me from the start but I always joined a non rp server/guild with my friends who aren't rp'er so I'm literally new to it. So how do I get started? (I already started reading a lot on the subject) Having visited RP servers before with a new toon just for a peek, I know that RP isn't just out there, everywhere either. What I need is a new rp'er friendly guild, willing to help and teach at the best :) Is there such guilds out there? I'm interested on horde side. Thank you.Hetza4 Mar 19, 2013
Mar 19, 2013 RP assistance for Worgen So i'm trying to roleplay this guy as a medicine man from grizzly hills who got turned into a worgen during the whole wolfcult incidents. I need a little advice on how he should come into the alliance, and how he would do things.Dragris2 Mar 19, 2013
Mar 19, 2013 The Shattering: Ashenvale ((Closed IC/ OOC)) ((This thread is Closed IC. Open to other authors who may want to also write a short story in this time period, so long as it does interfere with my own. Open to brief OOC commentary. The purpose of this thread is to just share my own exploration of my first and favorite character. I have very little time available to write, making it pretty much impossible to commit to an active thread. So, this is just me having fun and wanting to write. The setting is during the events of "The Shattering" in Ashenvale. The day of, to be exact. Where and what Rukurgan was doing. This thread will maybe consist of 2-3 IC posts. Here's a link to a previous description of my character, Rukurgan: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6794980537?page=4 Thank you. Have fun and enjoy.))Rukurgan3 Mar 19, 2013
Mar 18, 2013 Something Wicked This Way Comes-sign ups-open The stench of raw sewage never bothered the Forsaken as they traversed the halls of Undercity. Perhaps it was a blessing bestowed upon them by the Dark Lady. At any rate, the shambling form of a Forsaken warrior picks through the rubble of a forgotten passage far beneath the ruins of the city. It was once a bustling capital, home to humans who called it Lorderon. Before that the wandering Elves had claimed it for a short time before a startling discovery of the burial grounds. They left and went to Quel'Danas, leaving the ruins of the graveyard to be buried in the sands of time. What kind of civilization was buried here? Was there something about it that the Elves sensed that caused them to leave? Or was there something that forced them to leave, or chased them..? Dumnose fingered the shards of pottery he found in the rubble. It did not look promising, the Master had sent him here to find clues. What in the heck did Zarnneir expect him to find here in the depths of a passage dark and dreary? The torch sputtered fitfully as he wandered the passage. At times he crawled over rocks and caved in passages, digging through dirt and detritus. He had found cracks or even torch holders occasionally to set the torch in while he worked. Sometimes even side passages branching off the main proved worthy of search. He carried a sack full of treasures he had picked up along the way, but it was getting heavy and he thought he might need to head back soon. Old memories often clouded Dumnose's mind. The simple life of a peasant boy who grew up to be a warrior in King Teranus' army. The war that ravaged the land and the Prince who became a King through killing his own father...the coming of the Scourge to ravage the land and turn all into shambling corpses and screaming banshees. All these things he remembered as he walked corridors that had not seen the light of sun or torch in centuries. As he shambled through one particular corridor he stumbled and went down on his bony knees. The sack of treasures clanked and rattled as it hit the ground. The torch he was carrying went flying out of his hands and rolled along the floor until it suddenly disappeared down a hole. Dumnose was plunged into the darkest of the dark. He cursed his luck and felt around for his pack. He thought he had a few more torches in there...if he could find them. As he sifted through the pack in total darkness he became aware of something. It was a deep vibration in the walls and floor around him. A subtle hum that made his ears ring, as it became a little louder he looked around and noticed there was a dim light that seemed to glow from far down the passage he had been walking. If he would have been a normal walking breathing creature and not the undead he was, he might have noticed the lack of fresh air. His eyes and body were powered by necromantic magic. Something within him seemed keyed to whatever it was that lit the corridor with a soft violet light. Whatever it was seemed to call to him, urging him to come closer. He stood up and realized he held an unlit torch in his hand. But the hallway was now glowing with a faint purple light. With no idea why, Dumnose began walking towards the distant glow. A sense of apprehension seemed to well up inside of him as he neared the end of the hall. If he had any sense he would not be going towards this thing, whatever it was...but the rationale in his mind did not control his footsteps. The end of the hall was closer now and he could make out a doorway to the right that was open. There was a door to the left as well but it was closed. Dumnose wanted to stop, he really did and then a thought occurred to him and he wanted to turn and run! But his feet carried him closer and closer... 1/2Zarnneir4 Mar 18, 2013
Mar 18, 2013 [Event] Spring 2013 Kosh'harg (Horde-RP) A hefty, tanned hide branded with the seal of the Horde at the top and a pair of crossed hammers at the bottom is nailed to the supporting beam of a nearby building with a thick iron spike. It is covered in a rough, jagged script of deep brown ink burned to the surface. Throm-ka Warriors of the Horde! For generations before their betrayal and corruption our people lived at peace with the elements. We honored the spirits of our ancestors and we fought to defend our homes and bring strength and glory to our Clans. Twice each year, when the day and the night held equal sway, all the Clans would gather together in the sacred fields of Nagrand and seek counsel from the spirits at the Holy Mountain of Oshu’gun. It has been decades now since our people have gathered together for the Kosh’harg, but now the spirits of our ancestors call to us once again, calling us to return home and seek their wisdom for our troubled times. We face turmoil and upheaval on every front. Our warriors fight for new lands, our forces are bolstered by new allies, and our way of life faces new and dangerous threats. More than ever we need the wisdom of our ancestors to guide us. Return to the ways of our fathers. Let the Clans be gathered together once more for the Kosh’harg! For our ancestors, and FOR THE HORDE!Thorgrun5 Mar 18, 2013
Mar 18, 2013 Durnholde globe I am in Durnholde right now and noticed a globe on a desk in the keep. It shows Pandaria and all the other known places. But then I noticed there are 3 islands off the west coast of Kalimdor. At first I thought it was Feathermoon, but that is shown right off the coast. It also shows what looks like a route that passes around the backside of the planet and it follows around a sketch of a sea monster. There are also lighter colored areas that looks like shallow areas or tiny islands scattered around the northern part of the globe. Although those could just be artifacts from the globe art. Interesting.Mastard0 Mar 18, 2013
Mar 18, 2013 Troll Witch Doctor/ Shadow Hunter I've never roleplayed before, so I want to start with these racial archetypes. Trolls are my favorite race, and thus I thought they were a good place to start, plus I've always loved Witch Doctors. However, half the forums I see on these topics are old, so I figured I would make my own. I also needed help for gear/ spec/ basic guide lines etc. First the Witch Doctor: In-Game Class: Priest. I always thought of Witch Doctors as Troll Priests. Also, while Shamans have Healing Wave/ Totems/ Hex, I felt that Priests showed what Witch Doctors are about; the balance of life and death. They heal their allies and curse their enemies. Spec: Shadow or Holy (Dual-Spec Both). I always kinda picture Witch Doctors more about damaging, but I could totally be wrong. I didn't think discipline would fit because Witch Doctors would not shield. However Witch Doctors aren't necessarily Holy, well I guess maybe their like Holy to thier Voodoo or some stupid excuse I could use. On the same token, Witch Doctors don't necessarily become transparent shadows either... Guidelines/ Restrictions: Alchemy/ Herbalism. Kinda obvious...but that's all I really got. Gear: http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items=22885:9470:23262:10770:94092.-37 This really looks perfect to me. Maybe a Tribal-esque kinda staff (The one in Zul'Farak comes to mind), But I'd be happy if I had these core items. Also, the Rustic Wand-type doesn't really matter, just w.e, for aesthetics. Now the Shadow Hunter In-Game Class: Hunter. Shadow Hunters specialize in Damage from a range, and use bows I think so it seems to work. Warlocks also caught my eye because they use Shadow damage and apply curses, much like a Shadow Hunter. Spec: Survival/ Marksmanship. Both seem to work, according to this picture: (http://imageshack.us/a/img24/2537/trollss.jpg), Shadow Hunters specialize in Survival tactics and Ranged Damage (and poison?), also Survival has Black Arrow, and that's Shadow damage. Guidlines/ Restrictions: Absolutely no idea what so ever. Gear: Nothing. :/ Anyone roleplay these to archetypes and can help me out?Raptroz3 Mar 18, 2013
Mar 18, 2013 Useful Vanity Items I think we can all agree that most of the vanity items in the game are drek OR they last too short a time and have too long of a cooldown. If you were to propose an item whose only real use would be for RP, what would you propose? For myself, I would love to see a vanity item that could serve as a sacrificial offering. Considering the number of Troll-themed expansions and dungeons, I am surprised this doesn't already exist. Additionally, it would be nice if they doubled the effect time and halved the cooldown of many of the current items.Zenzito3 Mar 18, 2013
Mar 18, 2013 Fresh Start RP guild Inexorable. We are a brand new guild re-rolling to embark on an epic journey through the harsh lands of the Horde side of the Emerald Dream server. We will focus in defense of the lands, and our own story driven by the community. If a fresh start is what you desire, then help us tell a story.Vajema0 Mar 18, 2013
Mar 17, 2013 A Passion for Destruction (Open RP) None trust my kind... No matter what purpose we serve, Legion, Horde, Alliance.. All anyone in their right mind believes we are out to sere ourselves. And how correct they are.. So very correct.. "Gah! I donno why you always gotta drag me around when you travel troll!" an annoyed and scratchy shrill voice screamed as it scampered behind a cloaked troll, his flesh sky blue, large jutting tusks from his jaw weighing his back to a slight hunch as he walked. He had one arm, missing his left arm it appeared by the scarring on it to have been ripped off and burnt at the end, destroying the regenerative properties his people are known for, a scowl stretched across his lips as he looked down at the imp, glaring into its beady black eyes with disgust his one good eye flicking back in front of him as he walked. "Ya neva' shut up do ya demon?" He snarled bitterly. "Would ya rather I send ya back where ya came from ya fel covered rat?.." The imps sudden silence told what it had thought if that, it was a snide and crude creature but it certainly wasn't stupid it knew that with its new master they could wreak havoc on many foes. They stretched forth across boggy marshland, fetid and dark features dotting the surrounding environment, bubbling swamp mud and the hisses of foreign reptiles occasionally marking the air. What task did this conjuror of demons have?What purpose did an outcast of every society serve? The answer quite plainly is himself and himself only in a quest of knowledge, power, and destruction that he so badly craved... They stopped at a clearing surrounded by blackened and burnt trees, the surrounding fauna resembling no better health. He would look down at his devilish companion, waving his hand in disgust at it in dismissal. "You have served ya purpose well enough demon.. Now you shall be leaving my services.."- And with that said the Hellish minion would snicker, "Sendin' me back already eh? Well about time I'm sick of this damned-" and with one quick unexpected burst of fel fire the imps sentence would cease to complete as its small frame was charred to ashes. The troll would scoff as the creature was silenced, "Whelp..." he snarled. With a weary sigh he would remove a weapon from a scabbard on his back, stabbing a large scythe decorate with skulls hanging from the blade on leather straps, leaning on his weapon with his one arm he would wait. He would bide his energy and his time as he waited for those hunting him down, and those seeking to aid him to find him. Whichever found him first, friend or foe... He would greet them however required, with hostility or companionship. My name... Is Harlt'roz. And I have done terrible things to gain my powers, some with to end it... Others wish to aid me in hope I return the favour.. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Alright so, any are welcome to rp in this, alliance and horde. Both of which may choose to aid or hunt Harlt'roz. As this progresses we may see what harlt did recently to go from an isolated and hidden warlock, to a hunted and hated enemy of many and friend to fewHarltroz4 Mar 17, 2013
Mar 17, 2013 Tauren Hunters in Yaungol Slayer's armor is this a little..... awkward? The yaungol are just Tauren that were broken off to Pandaria. Sure, they may be a little upset about losing their home to mantid + corrupted by sha, but does that give us a right to wear our own people's skulls on our shoulders? I was like... Woah, cool looking shoulders! Oh, wait a second....Bavok6 Mar 17, 2013
Mar 17, 2013 The Gilneas Revenge (RP) * Booty Bay * The pirate city as always was full of merchants, mercenaries, ships all around and of course pirates. One of the only places of Azeroth that a faction did not matter, the real power came from money and influence. Jonim was there inside the tavern on his human form, dressed like a common gilnean citzen(Black walden's hat, white shirt and black coat). His thoughts were far, right on the moment he had left Gilneas on a elven ship watching the undead destroying his own and only house. No place left on the world could replace Gilneas he had to take it back. It wouldn't be so simple though. Jonim could tolerate Orcs and Ogres and didn't have nothing agains't the other Horde races, all of them except the Forsaken," how could any living being allow to exist with such an horror?" They were wrong in so many ways that even the light and the nature refuse to react well to them. The gilnean then turned his seat to the front of the tavern and started to speak: "My fellow tavern friends! I purpose a discussion! And im willing to pay anyone who can give me an answer 50 gold coins!" * Some man of the place turned their attention to hear, others laugh and others simple didn't mind * " I defy any of you here to give me a valid reason about why we should allow the undead to live and walk on our world! " OOC: Hey guys, i intend to start here a fine quest where we can make some fine interpretation. Everyone is allowed to come in( even the forsaken let's not try to engage combat now to make this history evolve. Although it doesnt look like my chracter will accept undeads at his side he can easily change his mind if we can make reason. The lore background will be mainly the Forsaken, the Lich king (bolvar and the old one) and the Gilneas situation on the lore right now. (IC)Anyone who had lost something to the undead would feel what Jonim felt, he was sure. Even the Scarlet Crusade didn't look so terrible at all on this point of view. (OOC: Sorry for my bad english, is not my main language)Jonim0 Mar 17, 2013
Mar 17, 2013 Transmog Suggestions for a priest I'm looking for something that screams "Holy Energy!". Any suggestions?Delbin3 Mar 17, 2013
Mar 17, 2013 New Boss Ideas Ching Soothsayer - this Monk once traveled Pandaira telling story and sharing his artwork until the day he found "the Ink of Jinyu". Not knowing the power of this ink he used it innocently to make art but the Power of the Ink was too much for him to control and he became corrupted. Now he travels Pandaira drawing demons who spring to life from the pages of his book "The Book of Changes".Nasafure2 Mar 17, 2013
Mar 17, 2013 Tavern Tales (Open RP) ((The setting is the tavern just inside the city of Orgrimmar. A place were old warriors spin lengthy yarns of honor. I want no bar fights or anything involving killing. Keep it lively.)) "Bartender, another ale," grumbled the old hunter. He nodded towards the tauren kneeling near the entrance, 'I see you've had your fair share of battles.' The tauren ignored him. Golemagg readjusted his carbine slung across his back, the worg pup next to him barking up a storm. He gently picked it up and placed it onto the bar where he gave it a biscuit to quiet it.Golemagg4 Mar 17, 2013
Mar 16, 2013 A quick question... ((OOC)) Just a quick question... you know how the Darkfallen are, for all intents and purposes, extinct? Well, how would you guys feel about a thread where the last Darkfallen comes out of hiding and tries to... I don't know, revive his people? Raise an army to defeat the living? Something like that. I'm just asking this because the idea's been kind of rattling around in my head, and I wanted to see what you guys thought about it. Please respond! Thanks.Srdotsalot5 Mar 16, 2013