World’s End Tavern: Role-play and Fan Fiction

Apr 26, 2013 Majestical, Intelligent and Ancient Kaldorei That have lived for 15,000-20,000 years. How do you feel when people choose to create a Night Elf far exceeding the ages of Tyrande and Malfurion, plus a few others(maybe. I don't know how many others are as old as those two)? I haven't been keeping up with the recent lore that well, since after WoLTK. Cataclysm and MoP haven't lived to my expectations much. Don't Night Elves usually only live for 7,000-11,000 years anymore?Sameille14 Apr 26, 2013
Apr 26, 2013 Looking to meet people! I am looking to possibly meet people on here that live in my general area, since im the only person (other than family) in the area that plays... So, if you live in middle tn, leave a post xDDakmar7 Apr 26, 2013
Apr 26, 2013 The Twisted Shadows fall...((OOC, sign ups)) A small but heavily cloaked figure walks across a snowy plain. Trees, bare and twisted, bent over, dead. The small figure walked through the remains of a burnt and destroyed village. It was making it's way to a large temple ahead, the sound of machinery and large cogs moving and clanking together could have been heard from miles away. Two large gates, each etched with a figure of a dragon facing each other and looking as if they were locked in fierce battle, met the small figure. At first, the small figure would just stand there, looking up at the gates, two shimmering jade green eyes looking it up and down. The figure raised gloved hands to pull back the cloak's hood, revealing a young elf with long ebony hair. She looked like a young elf in her young teenage years, no higher than 4'9, her facial features young and innocent, to sweet to be any killer... Shame really, because that's what she was. She let the cloak fall, careless of what might happen to it as a cold wind blew. She wore a over suit that was black and sleeveless, covering her from neck collar to ankle. Under the suit she would wear a black sleeveless shirt with a hood attached and some short trousers. Her bare arms would be covered in runes, all used for shadow magic. Her skin would be a pale pink, and gleamed in the light of the moon. It was Krystala, her eyes returning to the gates in front of her. Yes, Krystala Dawnshadow, the Elven Witch, the one who claimed to be Insanity in the form of Flesh....she had returned to the very place her dark path began. Guided, by the hand that owned this fortress, trained by the man and his wife who built this place with the dark magics they taught her. She had finally arrived... "Master...Ma'lady...I've returned home, like you've asked. Now let me in." she'd murmur softly. The sound of gears suddenly bursting to life rung in her ears as the gates groaned open, revealing a dark hall way. There were sounds emitting from the halls...the sounds of victims snatched unknowingly from around Azeroth, brought here, and tortured to the point where their bodies could not longer take it and died. The screams...it was music to the girl's ears..and the ears of her masters. She stepped inside, soft shoes crunching the snow under her feet before they met with the marble floor. Around her there would be large rotating gears, all run dark enchants and shadow magic. Hall ways leading down to chambers filled with torture equipment would have been passed every now and then, producing more screams. A drip of blood landed near the spot where the girl was about to step, catching her attention. Krystala looked up, noticing a human male hanging from a rope, impaled with rods connected to four tesla coils. In this fortress, every where had some sort of torture device, all were made to make their victims scream in agony and terror. The man's face would be horrified, a hand hanging above his head, where his own blood with drip from his finger tips "Help...me.." he whimpered "Help me...please.." From where the girl stood, it seemed the tesla coils malfunctioned, and needed a spark to continue what it was meant to do. Smirking, Krystala walked over to a near by panel. No doubt this is where her Masters turned the dark machine on and off when ever they pleased. Given her height, she couldn't reach it, but with a small levitation spell, she floated up to a decent height to open it. There, she found a purple crystal, dimly glowing. As she expected, the machine had ran out of power, and was not operational. Behind her, she heard the man repeatedly thanking her, thinking that she was going to help him. But as she turned around to face him...the man noticed the insane smile on her face and her right arm crackling with shadow energy. He shook his head, quickly, waving his hand "No..no...no no..please! No!" he'd beg, watching as Krystala placed her hand on the crystal "No!No!No!No!No!No!No!No!No!No!--AARRRGGGHHHHAAAAHHH!" He was cut off, Krystala had reactivated the machine, sending waves upon waves of unrelenting pain through out the mans body through the tesla coils and through the rods. More blood spilled from his body as Krystala landed on the floor gently, the panel shut, and continued to walk down the corridor. Before she could take a few steps forward, however, she was stopped. A statue had appeared in front of her, it was carved like a jester you would see try to entertain a king. For a while, she simply stared at it before smirking "Come to lead me to him, have you?" she said. Lines begin to appear across the jester. Purple shadow energy empowering it to work. It clicked once, twice, three times before every movement it made was a click as it was brought to life. Its head did a full 360 rotation before bowing gracefully to the small girl. Krystala smirked. ((1/7))Liå500 Apr 26, 2013
Apr 26, 2013 My Dearest Evaline (IC) I hope this letter finds you well...or at the very least, finds you. I've had to grease quite a few gears to send this your way, but of what use is gold if not spent on worthwhile endeavors? That being said, I should be rather put out if this missive should find itself stuck to the bottom of a crate, or immolated in a kindling fire. I regret that I've not been able to venture your way for such a long period, but with the expulsion of the Horde from Dalaran, you can understand that my access is limited to say the least. Where once I was a mere portal away, I now find myself cast out through no fault of my own...a victim of the capricious nature of the infinite nether. Separation from Dalaran - indeed, the only place I've dared feel comfortable enough to call home - has worn heavily on me in recent days, and and I find my thoughts unfocused, scattered. I know you can understand these things, having been separated from Argus for so long, yourself. More to the point, I miss your company. Granted, perhaps this is some bizarre cosmic balance of ledgers for the things I'd done in the past, in an age that seems like such a long time ago...but to what end does the story play out if my one true means of making amends with the world is taken from me? When I was raised, I was foolish, fearful, angry...lashing out at those who opposed the will of the Forsaken. But in my defense, those who have not experienced the specter of undeath would not realize that it is a continual cacophony of whispers upon whispers, and it is only when you learn to banish the most sinister of these can you reclaim that part of yourself that understands that you have not been relieved of choice nor responsibility. Ultimately, my choice led me to Dalaran, and my responsibility was to continue the work I'd begun in life for the betterment of all. You always understood that about me. So, where does this leave me now? Yes, I can do what I can in Pandaria perhaps...but scholia arcana is really nowhere near the quality found in Dalaran. While I've done nothing directly to ostracize myself from Lordaeron, I find my philosophical differences to be too great to linger there for long...while the Dark Lady remains under the thumb of Orgrimmar, one of the remaining whispers that I've learned to trust over time tells me that when her shackles are loosed, all of Azeroth will be the worse for it...and there will be little I can do to stop her. I can only hope the voices in her head are softer than the ones I've fought so hard to extinguish in my own. I've been far too long in this state, it seems. I've been both blessed and cursed with great recall of my life before unlife, and I do not know if it will be my deliverance or my undoing. It is perhaps my recollection of what I once was that pains me the most; my association with the Horde merely the short straw drawn from the hand of fate. I suppose it is this same realization that in some small way allows me to sympathize with Jaina's decision to eject the Sunreavers - and summarily, the Horde - from Dalaran; although perhaps I may understand it, I can never agree with it. She has to know that we are not all pressed from the same seal, but at the same time, I cannot say that I might not be swayed to rashness given the tragic circumstance of Theramore. I expect that right now, I would do better to understand her own plight rather than my own. After all, Dalaran still stands, but Theramore does not. But, I digress...there's work to be done. Garrosh Hellscream leads Horde and Alliance alike down a path of destruction, and I'll be damned again if I let that bloody fool bury me for a second time. Lor'themar Theron of Silvermoon seems to have risen to prominence in recent days; I'll cast my lot in with him. Both he and I have been cast in a light askew during this whole affair, and in this common ground I believe I have found purpose. But do not burden your thoughts with worry...I would never raise a hand against the Kirin Tor. Hellscream will need to find a different cudgel if he wishes to bludgeon the Alliance forces here in Pandaria; my own agenda takes precedence, and I'll not jeopardize any potentiality to see those violet spires again. I've placed a minor cantrip on this parchment, and it will vanish into the ether once you've finished it. Just a precaution, for the both of us. Do try to take care of yourself, will you? ~VhaldisVhaldis0 Apr 26, 2013
Apr 26, 2013 Cannibal's Story Time - Crystalsong Killings The towering city of Dalaran hovered above, settled upon an enormous crater. I almost felt unsafe below it, feeling as though it'd fall at any second, but the magical city stayed put. The nearby Arcanists held their violet shield with ease as a powerful spell surrounded the only entrance to the city, a magical crystal hovering above the arcane energy. Surrounding the purple barrier was scattered corpses of Blue Dragonflight who, for years now, were attempting to infiltrate the awesome city of Dalaran. I sat perched upon an ancient tower, one of Kal'dorei origin, directly below the massive rock. The ruins surrounding me were a wonderful sight, and I could only imagine the peaceful goings that occurred throughout the small town. The ancient stone cracked below my feet on the tower, and I realized just how old these structures really were. I quickly glanced to my left, my right arm already gripping the hilt of my ax. I had noticed some movement near the soft, amber trees surrounding the ruins, but then again, this place was so heavily bathed in Arcane every minute of the day, it wouldn't surprise me if what I saw was just a random burst of energy. I released the grip of my ax and peered beyond the ruins to the south, scanning over the rich, violet soil, the bright white and soft purple colored trees and the serene Treants who forever wandered the lands. I turned my attention back up to the hovering city, and then back down to the center of the ruins. My expected guest had not arrived yet. I had been paid good money to make sure this worm was driven into the ground. A good friend of mine, an Arcanist himself, was given the job of sending the rat to my position so I could ambush him. I wasn't given many details of my target, only that he'd be Sin'dorei and very skinny. I wasn't sure whether my friend's tactics were friendliness with a free portal, or strength with forced entry. Whatever he was doing, he needed to do it soon... Now that I think about it, I don't remember my friend being with me during the briefings either. Just as my mind lingered elsewhere, there was another burst of arcane energy below me. My first thoughts was just another random explosion, but the burst occurred again and again until finally a skinny man wielding two blades, covered in dark armor and a cloak was thrown from thin air into the ground. He pushed himself up, shaking his head as the dizziness overtook him. I reached for my ax, but kept quiet. I wanted to make sure this man knew what hit him, knew the face of his killer and knew what his last breath would feel like. When he finally stopped stumbling in circles, he peered around, trying to figure out where he was. He grabbed a knife and began running north towards the lake. I laid low, making sure he'd run past the tower I was on so I leap from above and finish him. Once he was a good distance towards the lake, I used the nearby hill as a slide to get to the bottom. I rushed forward, ax in hand as my anger boiled up. I was looking forward to this kill, as well as the pay for it. Right as he reached the lake I bull rushed him, knocking his fragile body into the freezing lake. He flailed about before I grabbed his arm and yanked him ashore. His hood still covered his face, even though it was completely soaked. He shivered as I searched his pockets with ease, too weakened from the blow and cold from the water to refuse. He mumbled out, "Y-you w-w-wouldn't k-kill me would y-you..?" I grunted once. The voice sounded familiar.. But of course I would. I found nothing in his pockets, raising my ax above my head and getting ready to bring it down on his skull. Just as I tensed up to drop the weapon on his head, he removed his hood... It was my dear friend, tasked with bringing the target to me. It seems he succeeded. -Cannibal, the Barbarian of the SkiesCanniibal0 Apr 26, 2013
Apr 26, 2013 Last name for a worgen? I'm trying to come up with a last name for Drusilla. What do you think of Sinnett? Any other suggestions? Thank you.Drusilla1 Apr 26, 2013
Apr 26, 2013 Yaungol RP Hey guys! I have a question about some Role Play character. I wanted to make a Tauren Warrior and Role Play as a Yaungol Warrior. I was wondering how I would do this and whether or not people would think I am breaking lore or just not makeing any sense. I would love some feedback! Yours Truely, Tenwu of the Red SmokeTenwu11 Apr 26, 2013
Apr 25, 2013 Wyrmrest Accord Event - Pet Auction Hello everyone! Lately, our guild has begun a fun role play event and we are looking for more members and participants! Our guild has begun an auction of battle pets, caught and trained by our members where people will be given a chance to bid in a live environment on the pets. We start the bids much lower than AH prices and we are not always making a profit but this is for fun. We also sell characters as part of an underground "slave trade" where people offer characters up for the sales. (NOT EVERYONE SOLD WANTS ERP. PLEASE do not assume these characters are ERPers. Most of them are just hoping to jump start a story.) The pets sold will earn 80% of their sales for themselves. Prices typically start at 100g per person sold. This event has happened once and will continue to be a monthly thing. We hold pet battle competitions as well as raffles based on a roll. The winner of our Level 10 bracket and level 25 bracket will receive a pet or mount. The same for our raffles. We want to encourage others to interact and RP within our event. This event is on the 20th of April. We are still looking for additional members, contacts, slavers, and slaves. The C.C.C is also looking for guild alliances to join our Shadow Corporation organization and we are currently recruiting guild members. Please feel free to let us know if you are interested! You can read our adoption policy rules and role descriptions here. To sign up, please contact Szlik [battle tag is bunny#1257], Rwaste, or Lindrali (or the person posting this). I will be posting the actual flyer in the following reply.Szlik3 Apr 25, 2013
Apr 25, 2013 Was there a safe place during the catacalysm? Hi there. I curious if anyone knows enough about lore or remembers the game and knows if there were places in the Eastern Kingdoms that were not affected by the cataclysm. Like a safe place that you were lucky to be at. Any areas close to wetlands (east esp.) that anyone knows of would be greatly appreciated. Possibly a town or village. Any help would be appreciated.Assertive7 Apr 25, 2013
Apr 25, 2013 Cannibal's Story Time - The Cabal Caravan The ground lit up in a hail of bullets around my feet as a rushed into cover. I slammed my back against the hollow log, pulling my legs in close as the rain of bullets continued in front of me. Sand was being kicked up from the impact, and loud thuds came from the nearby trees as the sharpshooters fired at my men. If you ignored the cloaked snipers firing at you, mortar teams trying to blow you to bits, flying machines going full auto on your position, raging war of the caravan's "warriors" and the battle cries of my men as they rushed into battle, Sholazar was a pretty nice place. Once the firing was directed elsewhere, I pushed myself off the ground, my left shoulder pad being thrown off by another bullet. I pulled myself over the log as the wood took shots from the snipers, my right arm clenched around my sturdy ax. I got a quick glimpse of the caravan moving quickly towards me along a road on higher ground. I pushed off the log and began sprinting towards the road itself, a few bullets were fired from the marksmen, and a couple seconds later I felt a sharp pain in my leg. I pushed through it, using what little trees in the area I could as quick cover. I heard the flying machine above me spot my position, and circle around for more shots. Luckily, I reached a large rock just in time for cover. A nearby mortar and a few shells were knocked over to my left, probably discarded by the cowardly caravaners. I grabbed a mortar shell as the rock behind me was taking bullets left and right. I knew how the pilots thought... Circle around for a little bit until you see someone, dive bomb them and fire everything you've got and then pull up at the last second. So I used this to my advantage. I slammed the butt end of the mortar shell against my gloved palm, and immediately tossed it high above my head. I could hear the flying machine pull up, and then watched as the machine exploded in a fire ball. It swerved in the air, most likely the pilot freaking out, crashing further in forest, and not long after I saw my men rush in to tear apart the pilot. That much made me smile. I grabbed the remaining three mortar shells, tied them to my belt and began running towards the road again. As I took my first step I remembered I had been shot, and looked down to see red blood dripping down my green skin. I grunted through my tusks but decided to ignore the wound. Those too colors did not go together, but I wasn't going to let a little blood stop me from my mission. I grabbed my ax and limped my way towards the road. The Mammoth being used as a beast of burden was taking his time, but the angered Goblin in a bright purple suit was yanking his chain furiously. I set my ax down and grabbed a mortar shell, doing just as I did before and throwing it towards the caravan. The shell exploded near the Mammoth, making the Goblin drop his chains in shock as the beast roared up on its back legs and trampled off into the forest. The Caravan was defenseless, save for a few marksme-... Nope. Their bodies just fell the ground with swords in their backs. My men surrounded the Caravan as the Goblin stumbled to his feet and leaped from his chair into the cargo hold. We rushed the wagon, tearing off the fancy doors, kicking off the wooden wheels and busting out the intricate windows. My men dragged the nicely-dressed Goblin from his precious cargo, which was a fairly large pile of gold and an interesting, golden orb. He kicked and screamed as my Orcish comrades held him above the dirt road. I ordered a soldier of mine to interrogate him as I searched the wagon. When I walked out, the "dead" Marksmen had their rifles aimed at my head, my own men with their shields and weapons ready to attack their own commander.. But worst of all, that little purple-wearing brat was standing with his arms crossed over his chest and a wide smirk on his greasy face. "You lose." he blurted out with a cackle. He snapped his fingers and a bag was thrown over my head from someone on top of the wagon. A brief second later I felt the full-force blow of a blunt object. And with that, I blacked out. -Cannibal, the Barbarian of the SkiesCanniibal1 Apr 25, 2013
Apr 24, 2013 In That Time... This is a story about Drayka and her leaving Azeroth and going in exile on Outland. She stays there for five years and then returns back to Azeroth after those five years to find her long-lost sister, whom she presumed to be dead, Drusana. Drusana is off in the world, but Drayka feels like Azeroth has moved on without her and is even more violent than when she left. This goes through her years on Outland, and will then tell about when she comes back. (Please review or read! I like the feedback :) Hope those who decide to read enjoy! I will frequently update, so do not fear!)Drayka12 Apr 24, 2013
Apr 24, 2013 Leveling and you Hey, long time reader, first time poster. I was wondering if anyone had any insight on how leveling affects your character. How does the process of leveling affect your character that you're roleplaying. What sort of experiences would your character have had from the leveling process? Obviously, the leveling process is like going back in time, so if someone's character didn't participate in the Northrend campaign (WoTLK) what would have they experienced while going through the leveling process if anything at all. Is it more like, "poof, now I'm a level xx character?"Iodiriel6 Apr 24, 2013
Apr 24, 2013 Quick RP Survey! Hi, I am a college student conducting a survey on WoW Roleplayers, and I would be extremely grateful if you would complete my short survey. All of the data collected is completely anonymous. It should only take a few minutes. Here is a link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1BrYKEJx8Qteg0ktG2DkeDxbwT-ruZHDWU_-IK7GMmzs/viewform Thanks in advance for your help! Please post in this thread if you have any questions or comments :DZeeka2 Apr 24, 2013
Apr 23, 2013 Are the War of the Ancients books Canon? Just as the title says. If they are, then that raises a LOT of questions about the story of WoW.Kagrok5 Apr 23, 2013
Apr 23, 2013 Dawnguard pall Just looking for a buddy on dawnguard to do low level raids and such.Laynn2 Apr 23, 2013
Apr 23, 2013 Baerythan's Ashes (OOC/Sign-Ups) I am looking to keep this thread relatively small in the number of people (3-5) posting to keep things moving along at a decent pace. If you wish to have more than one character, that is fine. I will ask that you post at least once a day. General role-playing rules apply; see the sticky at the top if you want a refresher or are not familiar with them. Multiple main characters are acceptable; I plan on having two, however due to the nature of the plot, Alliance only, please. Also, feel free to have side plots for your character—they make things more interesting. I also do not have issue if you want to develop NPCs. I will be using the OOC thread to post scene changes to give you a heads up when things will be moving on. Once we have the characters posted, I will put up the IC thread. Nutshell synopsis – more in depth story to follow: Baerythan, a powerful druid is killed by a satyr that corrupts him using fel magic. His tainted body was burned in a purification ceremony to prevent it from tainting the ground and the ashes placed in an urn that was kept hidden in a night elven shrine turned library in Winterspring. The satyr that killed Baerythan was imprisoned in Mount Hyjal. He was able to slip free of his bonds when the Twilight Cult ran over the area and track the ashes down. He attacked and murdered most of the night elves there and stole the ashes. It is learned that the satyr intends to use the corruption in Vordrassil to reverse the purification performed on the body. The ashes would then be used to spread corruption in untainted lands (ultimately, the satyr is looking at Nordrassil). Using the ashes in this fashion is just the satyr’s way of desecrating the druid whom he hated so much. The night elves pull together a group to follow the satyr’s trail to kill him and recover the ashes before they can be corrupted and spread. Edit for an oversight: Darnassus will not be putting out a broadcast for this, rather because time is of the essence, will target a few select people while filling in the rest of the group with willing people who are in the city at the time. That is not to say that your character needs to be a night elf, just in Darnassus at the start of the thread.Evara224 Apr 23, 2013
Apr 23, 2013 Shado-Pan Class I saw a thread asking how to RP as a Shado-Pan And I was interested in RPing one as well, the only problem is I don't know what class thy are! There are what appear to be Hunters on the wall, but I don't plan on sitting on a wall for my adventures. Monks? Rogues? Heck, maybe even Warriors?Fallestar9 Apr 23, 2013
Apr 23, 2013 Maybe... since a death knight starts out no matter what race (but pandarion) think it was planning to be a race i mean think about it i never been a death knight at all (my step brothers main is) its just wierd to me what do you think?Jayshizzle7 Apr 23, 2013
Apr 23, 2013 Seeing Dead - Fan Fiction Intro I wrote this 2 years or so ago, and I have dusted it off, planning to finish it. Here is the intro. I was trying to capture the emotional impact of being a DK, from the Tauren perspective. Comments welcome!!! He stepped back from the Dark Portal not with hesitation, but with a profound sense of irony. More than once had he walked through this writhing, energetic doorway, stepped onto another world’s shores, and had bore witness to many wonders and terrors. More than once had he stood against seemingly impossible odds to stave off the end to all that he and his people had held so dear. More than once, he had passed this way, as a living thing. More importantly, more than once, he had passed this way as a Tauren. These days, things were not so simple as “Where do your people come from, large one?” Instead, he was often greeted with either fleeing, screaming populace, or, in dire moments, a weapon at his back. Being undead tended to change one’s perspective, but not in body, and certainly not in spirit. To be a Death Knight, is to be alone. To walk alone. To remember…alone. ‘Silentmurder’ was the name he had given himself. The name had two purposes, both of which he was served well enough with. On the one side, his name invoked a “looming silent menace” to his presence, or that presence which preceded him. When those who stood to bar him passage heard of his incoming presence, it has been said they did two things: giggle, or tremble. On the other side, it reminded him of the moment when his entire world had been shattered forever. When in his old life, he had been known as ‘Earthcloud the Trodden’ , a shaman of no slouching power and influence among the Horde on Azeroth. He had led countless battles of his people and their allies through trial after trial, horror after horror, pain and sorrow. Then, The Lich King woke up on his throne of bones and ice and changed everything. At first, it was a series of hard-scrabble, hard-won battles across fifteen different fronts, always changing, depending on the season, and the manpower on either side always in flux. Towns and cities fell and were reborn. Power bases for various factions were set up in haste, and taken down through violence or upheaval from within, in just as much haste. Much after that point and time has been lost to the rags of time. The reason singular, and it is simple: Azeroth is dead. Arthas, emboldened with rage at his attempted assassination at the hands of what he perceived as “cattle”, went far farther than many thought he could, even in his then-current state of madness. Instead of trying to convert all life into undeath as had been his campaign thus, he simply started to slaughter everything living on the planet. Animal. Plant. It mattered not. Arthas had been pushed as far as he was going to be pushed. A plague of death and destruction unleashed by Arthas into the atmosphere began ravaging everything in its path. It had found his homeland then. He was there, watching.Feralhoof2 Apr 23, 2013
Apr 23, 2013 MRP Background Question I'm started to warm up to the idea of RPing on my DK. I had an interesting idea for an RP, but I feel like it'd break Lore. I Normally RP on my monk main, and have his entire story set up, including his morals and his own creed. For my DK, I wanted to do something along the lines of a "Anti" theme. I wanted to have my DK be a manifestation of my monks constant struggles, battles, and internal conflicts. Think that would work in some way? ((Any extra RP ideas are welcome ^_^ ))Gregorovich2 Apr 23, 2013
Apr 22, 2013 Undead Backstory Heyo Everyone First time RPer here with a backstory I'd like some critique on. On the MRP add on I have a shortened version but this was the original. Toivik "Tautskin" A devoted Scarlet Crusader in training, Toivik studied combat with various weapons from a young age, leaving his mother and father's simple cottage to join the Crusade and eradicate the undead. Toivik took an interest in the Pandaren type of fighting of hand-to-hand by studying under Brother Korloff. With a fierce determination Toivik trained to perfect his skills to become someone significant in the numerous ranks of the Crusade. However his road to glory was cut short on one skirmish with a group of traveling undead Toivik was impaled with a sword to the hilt and quickly succumbed to the enveloping darkness. Toivik awakens from his slumber in a dazed state, climbing out of his own coffin Toivik looks around and sees undead. He instantly feels disgust and moves towards attacking them, until he looks upon his own image in a puddle of water.. A gaping hole in his chest with glowing yellow eyes, bones jutting out from his elbows and knees. A shocking revelation occurred to him where the thought, "I'm one of them," filled every corner of his mind. Toivik clenched his fists and was relieved to see he still remembered his his menial Monk Training. Instead of fighting the the undead, his own kind now, he set a goal to try and find peace with himself through his training. Where the first step is too find and be taught by the wandering Pandaren. Any criticism would be great on how to improve. Thanks!Toivik3 Apr 22, 2013
Apr 22, 2013 Zeratul is zeratul from starcraft a Krokul or possibly another type of krokul?Elloienthia8 Apr 22, 2013
Apr 22, 2013 Redacted. Redacted. Have a nice, roleplay-y day!Aarclis0 Apr 22, 2013
Apr 22, 2013 Shado Pan RP So I've been curious to whether it is actually possible to RP as a member of the shado pan. They are clearly fiercely dedicated to the protection of Pandaria and don't really have too much concern towards anything else. As far as reasons why they would even leave their homeland to other lands is beyond me I'm not saying that I resent the idea but if anything could someone provide a bit info if someone were interested in it?Ellijaah8 Apr 22, 2013
Apr 21, 2013 Baerythan's Ashes (Closed/IC) OOC thread: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7709582577 Hate is a powerful motivator. Hate could drive someone to push themselves to their limits and beyond. Hate could spark seeds of invention. Hate could spur even the most mundane into action. Hate was the catalyst that turned an enemy into a nemesis. Hate could rest in one’s heart like a writhing worm, spurring endless hours of planning. And endless hours were what he had. It had been a glorious time. The screams of frightened night elves rang through the air as the demons poured into the city, beckoned there by the foolish arrogance of the Highborne. People were slaughtered as they fled and the air was rich with the smells of smoke, brimstone, and fear. Bargains were struck and souls were sold. Somewhere in all the chaos, Queen Azshara stood watching, smiling, welcoming, and unaware that her own undoing was at hand. Stupid… Now the once beautiful queen was a deformed creature hiding at the bottom of the ocean surrounded by her loyal followers. A shade of her former beauty, but far more powerful… But then, he had traded beauty for power as well. Tall, handsome and accomplished with magic, he had little trouble finding companionship of any kind. It had been a bittersweet transformation, but one he did not regret. Bones cracking and reforming, body stretching, tearing, rebuilding. Oh, it had been agony… rapturous…mind shattering…better than anyone he had taken to his bed. He would do it all again in a heartbeat. His transformation to a satyr had come quite some time before the demons flooded the streets. He had been there ushering in the destruction reveling in the chaos and fear when he had come. Oh no, not Malfurion… that wretch was off trying to stem the tide of demons from coming through the portal. It was another druid, one who he had hated before his transformation and one who was going to give him another reason to further despise him. Baerythan Moongrove was closing in on him, his small force of druids and hunters with him. The task of opening another portal—thus clawing his way up another step in the hierarchy—would have to wait until after the druid’s demise. In the end, it would not happen at all. He had escaped the druid with his life, most of his underlings had not, and the promise of power in exchange for the portal had been stripped away. The dreadlord had not been pleased and he found himself back on the bottom… a minion. It was unforgiveable. His chance at redemption had been put on hold as after the destruction of the Well of Eternity and the growth of Nordrassil, the druids went into slumber. Unable to reach Baerythan in the wakened world as he slept, he tried seeking him out in the Emerald Dream. That also proved to be difficult, so he contented himself with proving himself worthy of redemption in the eyes of the Burning Legion while he waited for the druid to wake. Slowly, over thousands of years he worked, gained power, and plotted until he came up with the perfect plan. One day, the druid would wake and he would be ready. This time, he intended to be the victor. The Third War came and with it, the druids woke. His plan was simple; he would corrupt the druid’s body with fel magic. By the time he was finished, the druid would be a living bomb, one that would spread taint everywhere. It was a fitting end for the wretched druid if he did say so himself. Kneeling down on the hilltop, he watched his nemesis below directing druids and sentinels in the protection of Nordrassil as the Burning Legion wormed its way up the mountain. It was time. *** Baerythan Moongrove shouted out orders. The Burning Legion was pushing in and he knew that Nordrassil could not be compromised. What he had not planned on was the satyr, Ziantov, showing up. He had defeated the creature once before in Zin’Azshari just before the Sundering. He would defeat the demon again and this time, the twisted thing would not escape. When the sun rose that morning, Ziantov had been captured, but the damage had been done. His plan to taint the druid with fel energy had worked and although he was being transported for imprisonment, he still cackled gleefully. As far as he was concerned, he had won a personal victory. With the Burning Legion still pressing close to Nordrassil and the threat of Archimonde bearing down, Baerythan lay on a pallet, his body filled with fel energy. It burned him, devouring him from the inside out. Beside him people whispered, talking through whether or not the druid could be saved and if not, what do with the corrupted body. In the end, it was Baerythan that made that choice. “Kill me before the corruption spreads too far. Take my body to Moonglade and ask Remulos for aid in removing the corruption.” (1/4)Evara149 Apr 21, 2013
Apr 21, 2013 Horde on Moonguard Hi Everyone I was wondering if the horde presence is as significant as the alliance on Moonguard. I am a first time RPer (I posted a thread about my backstory criticism on that would be appreciated) and I want to be able to watch good RPers so I can learn from them. I know what people say about Moonguard but Some say its a great server as long as you avoid Goldshire. So is the horde alliance ratio close too even or would I be better off starting out on Wrymwest Accord? Thanks!Okonkwo3 Apr 21, 2013
Apr 21, 2013 ~Moved~ ~Moved~Sameille0 Apr 21, 2013
Apr 21, 2013 Nevermind Helps, I can't figure out how to delete this thread :(Visio4 Apr 21, 2013
Apr 21, 2013 Returning to the RP Community It's been probably 2 years since I was really apart of the community. Maybe more. Idk. I've got crap for memories. I just want to get back into the community. I miss how fun it could be. I've made loads of different characters, all having potential, but from short-term WoW friends and such a long hiatus from really RPing, I'm not sure how to re-immerse myself. I get uneasy thinking, "This character isn't ready. I don't know him/her well enough yet...". That's the only problem. I feel like I can't make complete characters, and then I just don't really know good places, other than the Cathedral District, to look. So :P... how should I go about doing this, lol? I feel kind of stupid asking, but really. I don't know how to put myself back in with everyone.Sameille5 Apr 21, 2013
Apr 21, 2013 Background story help I am writing this in the most humble way possible.... Now I'm not really trying to actively role play, I think I'd freeze up if it came right down to it. I've been reading about role play for the last few weeks. Stories that others have written, back stories, and blogs about HOW to role play effectively. I just really want to write a back story about Cassabea here. I've found tons of good information but her background story has me a little bit stumped, so here's my big question: How in the world would a young female human become a monk?? (I didn't know I'd really want to develop this story when I made the character.) I want to stay away from "she was orphaned when very young and adopted by monks" because well.... that seems like an easy-out. Thanks in advance!!!Cassabea8 Apr 21, 2013
Apr 21, 2013 How much does class matter? When creating and developing a character, just how much does the class you rolled really matter? Must everyone be a valiant and courageous <insert class here>? Or does everyone who plays a rogue, DK, or warlock have to be disturbed and sinister and twisted in some way? Is it acceptable for your character's class to either not play into their story or just be vaguely in the background rather than at the forefront of importance? Can your character's class be left to pve and not play so much into their story ICly? Is there such a thing as playing a character just as a normal citizen? I'm curious what people think regarding this issue.Wren15 Apr 21, 2013
Apr 21, 2013 Goblin Backstory? Hi all! So, I've fallen in love with the goblin race and would absolutely love to RP one! I'm just curious what classifies as an acceptable backstory to a goblin? Maybe a tale about plans I've had for an mechanical invention? I'd appreciate some pointers.. Thanks, Spoiled.Spoíled15 Apr 21, 2013
Apr 20, 2013 Worgen backstory/RP I'm not new to the RP scene, but I am new to the WOW RP scene. it's been a long time since I have RPed, and I tend to keep up with the lore somewhat. Last time I was on an RP server it was on Rift, which was a tad bit more lax because the game is relatively new. So my question for you today is how would I want to RP citizen of Gilneas? I'd like to lean more toward a beast-like mentality, but sophisticated as well. Oh and I'm playing a rogue, would Gilneas have had any ties to SI:7 beforehand?Windrider2 Apr 20, 2013
Apr 20, 2013 Grazz'bek's Rage Grazz'bek kneeled over the recently slain Lei Shen; the moss covering his bulky body seemed to bristle with the fury radiating from him. He had only managed to break in at the last few moments in the fight; nowhere near long enough for the rage at the Mogu for how the tyrant used his fellow Trolls. He gripped a ritual dagger in his left hand. The blessings of Loa and Voodoo swirled around the carved blade. "Ya used my Troll brethren as cannon fodda while ju sat back and watched. I'll not be lettin' ya see ya body go dis much unpunished for it. Da Zandalari be fools ta go against da Horde and not join deir broddas of Revantusk, Darkspear, Shatterspear, and Twilight 'ighlands against the comin' fight against Garrosh, but dat don't mean I can't use ya body as an example for dose who would view da Trolls as da way ju did." He twirled the ritual dagger to face down at the Mogu's body and thrust it deep into his right pec, and carved an M shape through the flesh. He yanked the dagger out and licked the black crimson blood off it's enchanted blade, savoring it's bitter taste. After cleaning the blade he thrust the blade right next to where he had carved the M, and this time carved a circular O into the pale blue flesh. He did this routine with several other letters: L, T, H, O, R--Until the name Molthor was freshly carved into the Thunder King's chest. Grazz'bek grinned at the blood oozing from the carving, but he wasn't done yet. He continued to carve other names into the corpse--Ra'sha, Al'tabim, Jin'rokh, Mar'li, Kazra'jin, Malakk, Sul, Jor'guva--He kept doing this till every significant Troll that had lost their lives on the Isle of Thunder's name lay on the bloodied corpse of Lei Shen... This is just an idea I had in my head once Lei Shen is canonically dead. Grazz'bek is a Revantusk Troll who by seeing how the Horde has made his own tribe stronger and expand it's territory believes that a new Troll Empire can be reborn in the Horde-Once Garrosh is overthrown that is. He loathed fighting against his Troll Brethren in the Isle of Thunder, but he will continue to fight for a reborn HORDE Troll Empire; hopefully with more than just Jungle and Forest Trolls left to reap the benefits. I fight for Zandalari, Sand, Ice, and Dark Trolls to be in the Horde and saved in the forums. This character just carries on that mission IClyGrazzbek3 Apr 20, 2013
Apr 20, 2013 /scribble ~ thanks for replies but this was a mess!D:Darkeekee7 Apr 20, 2013
Apr 20, 2013 Lore question! I was told during some casual RP that we are currently in the Third War. While the events that happened during WC3 was the 2nd war. I was under the impression that the Third war was when Arthas turned into the Lich King and all that buzz, which happened in WC3. My head hurts. Help.Degno15 Apr 20, 2013
Apr 20, 2013 The Godslayer. In the days of old, a drake named Thulizz was hatched. He was weak. His eldest siblings made fun of him. He was not even of their dragonflight. He was not of their dragonflight, for he was white, and his siblings were of the red dragonflight. Thulizz was not any drake, but a drake that is humanoid. It walks without using it's arms. Thulizz craved power. When he grew, he wanted power. He flew to the ruins of Coldarra, and frowned. "This power......it shall all be MINE." he raised his hands, and harnessed the power, and he was no longer weak. He smiled wickedly. "They will know of my power...THEY WILL KNOW, I SHALL NOT BE TOYED WITH!" Thulizz wore a white cloak around him, and traveled. He sighed. "This world is too....oh what is the word? Warlike. I require one of my kind to become my consort..." He starts to think and think, and flies around. He hears a cry, and flies to the source of the cry....Blackrock Mountain. Thulizz slew many orcs, until he found the source: A female white drake, a rare dragon. "My dear, they took you for you are different. The chromatics however, are not of our dragonflight. Come. I will show you the true way." They escaped...all of the orcs slain. They were exhausted, and fell down...but were captured by the trolls of Zul'Gurub. Thulizz was imprisoned for 10 years, and Nalorakk "I had enough of this." Thulizz grew angry, until his cage was destroyed by rage. He pounced on Nalorakk, and used every basic element to end him. Fire to burn him, water to slice him, earth to pound him, and air to push him to a great force. The trolls saw this. They dared not to attack Thulizz. "BACK, YOU FOOLS! THIS IS A LESSON FOR ALL OF YOU TROLLS. YOU SHALL NOT ATTACK THULIZZ, AND THIS FEMALE! I. AM. THE GODSLAYER. HIS DEATH WILL NOT BE THE ONLY ONE!" A year later, Thulizz, and the female white drake, named Lehinaza, created the White Dragonflight. With the Twilight Hammer withered, and Neltharion slain, a new evil arises...more fearful than Lei Shen.Talakuu16 Apr 20, 2013
Apr 20, 2013 Runes and Rogues Okay, um please don't eat me alive for asking this question. Would a rogue be gmoding if she could do electromancy. I mean I know it would be out there but with if you are familiar with the people you rp with would it be okay? What about Shadowmancy? Or Fel-magic? My backstory was going to be that my character's grandmother was an electromancer while the characters mom was a shadow priest who lost her mind to the shadow. Thus, she would have the power to control both electricity and shadow. I know its far-fetched and that's why Im asking. I don't ususally rp with people outside my guild and its understood that this is okay. Atleast, in our circle of friends it is. I didn't mean to offend anyone when I posted this and Im just asking because I am unsure. Thank you for your time.Faoiltiama3 Apr 20, 2013
Apr 19, 2013 Whispers in the Mist. "They betray you...." "You befriend liars.." "They laugh at your great achievements..." A Pandaren walked in the Jade Forest. The voices in his head plague him. He went to his little house, and sighed. His Horde allies aided him in everything...yet he felt no peace. The whispers grew more and more aggressive. "....End them all....NOW.." "The Warchief is maddened....and they are his puppets.." Tang Su just rested. The mists had to lie, they had to! He doesn't believe the whispers. He didn't believe that Gorrak, Kerizz, Onhoke, and Mellisa were his true enemies. Were they? The voices were not of the Sha....but Mantid. Tang starts to remember. A mantid named Sar'thik battled Tang Su. Tang was about to end the bug..but the mantid begged for his life. "Please let me live! I will aid you and your possible allies! Please! I offer you this gift." A sonic communicator. The monk dismisses the theory. "What could a mantid have to do with all these....accusations?.."Talakuu0 Apr 19, 2013
Apr 19, 2013 My Tip To Draenei Roleplayers This morning I was talking to some guildies about one of their half-elf characters (she was technically quarter-elf, but bah details), they were concerned about how much of the elven part of the character to show, and I said this: (taken from gchat): "Half-elves are plausible, and suddenly very popular, but I would advise against making her parentage the entirety of the character's RP. Personality is key to an engaging character." This went on to talk about draenei, and the difficulty some players have playing them, and they wanted some help. I understand, the lack of lore for Draenei makes it difficult for some roleplayers to really get into the race enough to play them. So I want to share with you my thoughts on how I turned Alkrenon into my favorite roleplaying character, and what worked for me. I hope this helps you as well with your potential draenei character, or any other race you were skeptical to roll at first. What helps me when I first start out is is that I pretend the character I play is human, a normal human (not WoW human, RL human), so I don't worry about "acting my race" all the time. That set aside, I work on personality first, really find out the inner clicks, until it becomes natural for the character to be this way. It should be natural enough whereas I could race-change my character to any other race, and still act relatively the same, with some changes to history. When that's settled, I bring in tid-bits of their race into play. I had a problem with a lack of personality in my characters, especially with my Night Elf, who was really serious. I then realized if I were a Night Elf, would I really focus on how Night Elf-y I was? Not really, because being a Night Elf for the character would be as natural as us being human, and we don't bring up how human we are all the time. We just are. We talk and do things naturally. With Alkrenon (after having more experience, learning from my Night Elf), I worked on his personality first. Then started adding tid-bits with colloquial terms and body language, just hints that he was a draenei, but being draenei wasn't part of his entire RP. That's why he's probably my most engaging, down-to-earth, character despite him being a draenei. You may not have the lore, but you can make the character.Alkrenon3 Apr 19, 2013
Apr 19, 2013 Roleplaying an IC class change Ok, so by IC class change, i mean like not actually paying for an actual one., but roleplaying one. Now, if i was to RP a change from warrior to shaman, what changes would i have to make? What training would i have to do? Etc., etc.... Thanks guys :)Vamokk6 Apr 19, 2013
Apr 19, 2013 Best superhero name Must be original (not superman/batman) & brief background on the character Mine is Elixir..using variety of concoction that provide different powerful abilitiesPopcornchikn1 Apr 19, 2013
Apr 19, 2013 Tänn is now recruiting! Tänn stands for " Trust & Nimble Networking", It is quite basic really, We shall be nimble in the gathering of any goods you order and in the services we perform (ie escort). And you can always trust us to deliver on that! We are an all Goblin Guild looking to recruit new members. Yes we are in our infant stage but there are big things on the horizon! We are currently orchestrating an event that will take place sometime shortly after the launch of the new patch( and no we aren't giving hints). So if you are a money loving Goblin ( and really there is no other kind), then come over and join us! Tänn, working for you so you have time for the important things. May I help you with that heavy coin purse?Smaragd0 Apr 19, 2013
Apr 19, 2013 The Second War.... I've fought in the second war. I was stationed in a Gnomish submarine off the coast off Booty Bay, conducting routine patrols along the coast to sink as many Horde Destroyers as possible! my friend makes these, thought i'd share! Warcraft: Invasion http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujNmYFWZ8q8 Warcraft: Second War http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToYtfytyMKQ for more check out Opposing Forces channel http://www.youtube.com/user/tier2studios/videos?view=0 a lot of people on this forum ask about WC2 and WC1 a lot, so ill continue to share as i find, you filthy dogs! keep up the fighting.Butcherr6 Apr 19, 2013
Apr 18, 2013 The Ministry (IC) The old elf circled the boy, dagger in hand, leveled at the boy's chest. “You have come to the wrong part of the city, lad. I trust you weren't followed?” “A plague on you, old timer!” shouted the boy, eyes fixated on the tip of the knife. “No,” said the elf to himself, continuing to circle. “You weren't followed. I've been watching you for a little while, and you're a lone wolf, aren't you lad? Don't have a lot of friends around these parts. You're mother is a !@#$%, and even though she's pretty enough to be a bar wench, she likes her job too much to quit it now. She never spends any time with you. Never has at all, I'm guessing. Learned to get by on your own since before you can remember. Doing favors for the rich, or even the traders if you're desperate. Run missives between shop keepers and bootleggers, unless I'm mistaken, which I rarely am. Been doing this a long time, you see.” “Get out of my head, long ears.” The elf chuckled, but the knife never wavered, even as he shook his head. “Such bravado for one so close to death's door. I wonder if you've even stopped to consider why I bothered letting you follow me?” The boy gulped. Obviously he hadn't. “Come on. Did you really think I'd let you see me lift that young lady – your obvious mark – and not expect you to follow me here? We're thieves, lad. Plan and simple. We see the world in a different way than the rest of them. You're just newer to it than I am.” “I've seen you before!” the boy exclaimed suddenly. “You were in the alley three night ago. You killed Master Heningen.” The old elf nodded sadly. “Indeed, a regrettable occurrence. The good Master was a bit behind on his payments. And yet, he found sufficient coin enough to indulge your mother. Not a lot, mind you. But enough that she can eat. She wasn't the only visitor to his room that night.” “That's enough!” shouted the boy, tears welling up. “You want to kill me, fine! But I'd rather run myself up your blade than hear you dishonor my mother with one more foul word.” “This dishonor is her own doing, lad. Think you're the only one to have been raised the way you have? The mothers and fathers of this world have little by way of honor anymore. They see themselves as worthless, and they fall into the traps of disillusionment, of self-reproach. They hope the best life for their children, but they smoke and drink away any hopes that they might have for themselves. You speak to me of honor. Killing yourself, fast or slow, is not honor, lad. It's cowardice.” “And what about those who skulk in the shadows like you? Aren't they cowards?” The elf lashed out and caught the boy across the jaw with the back of his gloved hand. Warm leather split the child's lip and he cried out, hitting the floor of the small room. “Such an expert in cowardice, are we? Just because we slink about from alleyway to rooftop, you think that we are fearful, unwilling to face the world like the true heroes of the bedtime stories you've heard outside the open window of a happier child's room? What if I told you that courage isn't foolishness? That death is very real, and face it head on or from the side, dead is dead. Think a hero's death can inspire a nation to greatness? All it does is inspire a nation to expose itself all the more readily to death. You don't win wars by fighting them, you ignorant son of a ^-*!@. You win wars by trying to find out why they're even being fought in the first place.” “My father died fighting to protect his lands from bandits.” “End of story, huh? Never once considered why the bandits might have targeted him in the first place, did you? Never wondered at how readily mommy spread her legs for another man – any other man? Bandits are men and women too, lad. Just because in your stories they're villains and thieves, doesn't make them any less mortal. Life dealt them a rough hand in one way or another. They look for ways to deal those rough hands back. When what they do eventually proves to be ineffectual, they can start to get bitter. They start to lash out at anyone who crosses them. It's a scant few of our kind that make it through the ringer unscathed, with morals intact, and ideals in place. You're what, nine, ten?” “Eleven,” the boy said indignantly. “Oh ho, eleven, my apologies. You must have seen your fair share of unfairness already. I'm surprised that even you might be so naïve as to think that your parents were able to avoid any of it. It's a noble thought, lad, but it's unrealistic. Time to take your head out of those clouds. Get up.”Manehiro1 Apr 18, 2013
Apr 18, 2013 NEW to Roleplay - Advice, tips, realms? Hello there, all! I've been pretty hesitant to try roleplaying. I've avoided it even though for a long while I played on a RP server. I've never even tested the waters. I'm brand new to it! I'm wanting to make a new character on a server but I'm unsure which is best for the type of character I wish to portray. I'm thinking a Blood Elf Mage, and into the Blood Elf RP. Any suggestions on a server that would be best for this? Also, any tips or advice so I do not completely embarass myself? :p I do not know a single thing about roleplay so anything would be of great help! Thank you so much :)Mysavior5 Apr 18, 2013
Apr 18, 2013 Trust from Thunder Bluff (old story) "Nechi ich towateke ki hale chi, Uthan." Friends, Uthan and Ayasuletu of the Stillwater tribe. He, Uthan, would be described as middle-aged to his people. She, Ayasuletu, would be described as young to her people. Though they were of the same Tribe, they were not of the same people. The Shu'halo did not know how to judge the age of an elf. She had greeted him formally, though the smile on her face gave away her wish to jump and hug him; Uthan was the one to have accepted her right from the start, teaching her the language on long fishing trips where he witnessed the darkening and reddening of elven skin. She didn't let into her wish of an embrace. They were to go on another fishing trip now, and this time there was a scent of oil and herbs coming from her skin. "Pawene ichnee pawene, Ayasuletu." Wide brimmed hats, rolled pants, comfortable tunics, and warm vests dressed both as they prepared to go fishing. Ayasuletu looked like a child sitting there with how small she was compared to the traditional sized canoe, but she didn't seem bothered at all by it. Uthan pushed off the shore, climbed in opposite of Ayasuletu, and silently used the paddle to get them silently to the reeds where the fish would be plentiful. Mist still clung to the waters and land, but the two knew the shores of the lake well. Soon both were fishing in friendly silence, enjoying the company as they hoped to catch breakfast and lunch. -- --- -- --- -- --- -- --- --Moriurya6 Apr 18, 2013
Apr 18, 2013 Forum Class Creation/Blending On the forums, where does the community feel the boundary is for class creation? I've been toying around with the idea of a character like a Reaver from Rift, a warrior who supplements martial prowess with psychic magic, turning foes against each other through mental domination before running them through. Is there an agreed-upon "boundary" for forum RP classes?Calvix9 Apr 18, 2013
Apr 18, 2013 My Toon's History MrP (Is It Possible?) I'm just wondering if my characters History is possible and or if it's interesting. thanks for reading if you do and thanks for your imput. (I posted this in the Stories Section and was directed here. Just letting it be known I'm not trying to double post.) 25 years ago Jun Wei's mother Li Ming was pregnant with her first child, the father, a sworn monk, abandoned her and her would be son. Left all alone in the wilderness of the Krasarang wilds, the woman came upon the wall that separated Krasarang from the Dread Wastes. Hungry and thirsty, and all alone the mother did the best she could at setting up a small shelter next to creek were she would spend the next few months holding in the fear of what is to come, the hate of the man she loved for leaving them and the despair she felt for her and her unborn child, all of these negitive emotions settled in her heart. Soon she fell ill and a traveling monk had wondered upon the makeshift home the woman had put together, when he discovered the pregnant pandaren it was too late, she had been possessed by the Sha and it had been feeding off of her negativity for months, the Monk unknowing that this woman was pregnant thought it was much to late to save her and decided to put her out of her misery. When the battle was done the Sha seemed to have left the woman to die and seeped back into the ground before the monk could finish it. When his attention was brought back to the woman, he had seen what damage he had done on the poor woman and whats more...that she was pregnant. She said only two words, a name. "Jun Wei" before she disappeared.. her physical form had gone and left behind upon the soft soil was a baby boy. The Monk had picked him up and named him after his mothers dying breath, and took him to the monastery to be raised a monk. It wasn't long after the Monk had taken the baby back to the monastery that he had learned that the baby he had brought back with him was different from other babies, and after priest after priest had examined him, it was discovered that the baby was kept in the womb of the mother too long while she was possessed by Sha...when the baby was angry the baby would grow to nearly the size of a full grown pandaren and with the strength of ten. With Sha apart of the child and the child being innocent, the monks decided they could raise this child and he could use his curse for the better of their people and so they did. Jun Wei became a great monk and his anger was no longer an issue nor would the Sha part of him be any threat against them. Jun Wei battled many Sha and banished them to the Dread Wastes, where many Sha had taken up residence. Though the Sha that dwelled within Jun Wei's very essence was not gone...Jun would loose control of his anger and would unleash it on those who had caused it, many Sha were banished this way...However, one day the monk who had saved Jun from the forest told him what had happened to him and why he is what he is and how it came to be, but the monk did not stop there, he went on to tell Jun that he was in fact his father and that being a monk to the monastery he had no choice but to leave his mother...and him...alone. Anger swallowed Jun Wei and his Sha energy unleashed itself, he destroyed the monastery and many monks lost their lives, his father fought hard to save him and the other monks, but Jun Wei's anger was out of control and he could not be talked down, so his father fled the monastery knowing that Jun's rage would follow and in the wilderness of Krasarang Wilds their fists clashed. The battle could be heard from the monastery that was now burning to the ground... After the third day and peace fell back over the land the surviving monks had discovered the body of a monk at the great wall and the words "I am sorry" written on the wall over the body. The monks took the body back to the monastery to be buried and all record of Jun wei to be wiped from the pages of the monastery's history with the belief....and hopes....that he had Parrished and would never again be seen.Junwei3 Apr 18, 2013
Apr 17, 2013 RPPvP Reroll <Bloodshield Warband> I would like to make an RPPvP reroll guild based on the old-school Horde. Kalimdor based, warband themed, perhaps not fully excluding but seriously biased against including Forsaken, Blood Elves, Warlocks and Death Knights. Players joining the cause would be expected to reach level 13 before becoming members. This allows Goblins and Pandaren to get out of their starting zones, as well as any orc, tauren or troll to wrap up their starting zone quests and begin working out of Ratchet/Crossroads/Azshara. We would focus on Kalimdor questing alone. Why Kalimdor? The story hook is straightforward - the guild is unhappy with the present state of the Horde. The inclusion of the Forsaken and the Blood Elves are seen as nothing more than desperate attempts at staying even with the growing Alliance, perpetuating a war that looks as though it might go on indefinitely. Our guild despises this show of "weak-minded thinking" in the way of allowing corruption and puppet politics a place where strength and honor has always ruled. Kalimdor's people may not have been strong in the face of the full might of the Alliance, but resorting to pandering to the needs and whims of the East is not making the Horde stronger, and the longer it persists, the deeper the dividing lines are being drawn. Notwithstanding, it's becoming clear that our present Warchief cannot be seen as fit to rule, any longer. Why Goblins? We are not fools, we Horde. We see the efforts being made to displace us, down in Theramore. We recognize the wrongs we have caused in Ashenvale and do not support our campaigns of deforestation and pollution. While we permit Goblins in our ranks, we do not condone their unchecked expansion and subsequent environmental abuses visited upon once beautiful Azshara, but we respect that everyone deserves their place in the world, and Deathwing has since displaced them from theirs. We will fight to the bitter end to ensure that the Goblins are not displaced for a second time. Why Pandaren? The Pandaren who follow the way of Huojin are our spiritual kindred. Even so, their arrival to Orgrimmar, their so-called "testing" of loyalties to our war-hungry Warchief, is an offense to any true member of the Horde. The Pandaren do not follow blindly the whims of another, and many are not happy at the feeling having been "duped" into joining the fractious Horde. They are searching for the honor, and the strength in action that was promised them. We do not wish for their choice to have been made in vain. Why Horde? At the beginning of this expansion, we were curtly asked to make a decision "Ask not why we fight. Instead ask, what is worth fighting for?" The Horde way of life, the common bond that was found when Thrall - his people worn and exhausted from years of slavery and many days at sea - still rallied to aid the beleaguered Tauren, the centaur having driven them almost to the edge of extinction. That is the spirit of the Horde we seek to exemplify. The Horde where a proud leader of a troll tribe can bend knee when he should, to a ruler whom he trusts, rather than be forced to bide his time and wait for a Warchief to make a mistake before displacing him, because he doesn't respect him. That is what being Horde implies. Listen to the ancestor spirits. Fight with honor. This is worth fighting for. Will blood elves and forsaken, warlocks and death knights be permitted to join this guild? On an individual basis, perhaps. Warlocks - never again will the lure of fel magic and the consorting with demons be tolerated. Gul'dan taught us this. As did Kael'thas. But we do acknowledge those who honor the way of the Horde. Why RPPvP? Because, sadly, we are at war, and those whom we are at war with do not always have the best intentions. We may not respect the choices made by others in our faction, but our people we will protect. Our lands we will defend. We understand the blurred line between retribution and naked aggression, and we will not cross it, however, we are prepared in the understanding that our enemies may, at any time. We will always be there to drive them back and destroy them, if need be. Where are our battlefields? Wherever foes exist that wish to destroy us. Kalimdor is large enough for those who inhabit it, but we understand that to keep it this way, there may be blood. Our Warchief has brought war and hardship to our people. We have need to protect them now more than ever before. Our enemies have many years of wrongdoing they may seek to exact vengeance for. It is our responsibility to ensure that the vengeance they seek is kept away from our gates, our lands. If a hand is raised against us, we expect it. If an army is raised against us, we will destroy it. This is our pledge. This is the pledge of the Bloodshield Warband.Denadrian1 Apr 17, 2013