World’s End Tavern: Role-play and Fan Fiction

Mar 17, 2013 The Gilneas Revenge (RP) * Booty Bay * The pirate city as always was full of merchants, mercenaries, ships all around and of course pirates. One of the only places of Azeroth that a faction did not matter, the real power came from money and influence. Jonim was there inside the tavern on his human form, dressed like a common gilnean citzen(Black walden's hat, white shirt and black coat). His thoughts were far, right on the moment he had left Gilneas on a elven ship watching the undead destroying his own and only house. No place left on the world could replace Gilneas he had to take it back. It wouldn't be so simple though. Jonim could tolerate Orcs and Ogres and didn't have nothing agains't the other Horde races, all of them except the Forsaken," how could any living being allow to exist with such an horror?" They were wrong in so many ways that even the light and the nature refuse to react well to them. The gilnean then turned his seat to the front of the tavern and started to speak: "My fellow tavern friends! I purpose a discussion! And im willing to pay anyone who can give me an answer 50 gold coins!" * Some man of the place turned their attention to hear, others laugh and others simple didn't mind * " I defy any of you here to give me a valid reason about why we should allow the undead to live and walk on our world! " OOC: Hey guys, i intend to start here a fine quest where we can make some fine interpretation. Everyone is allowed to come in( even the forsaken let's not try to engage combat now to make this history evolve. Although it doesnt look like my chracter will accept undeads at his side he can easily change his mind if we can make reason. The lore background will be mainly the Forsaken, the Lich king (bolvar and the old one) and the Gilneas situation on the lore right now. (IC)Anyone who had lost something to the undead would feel what Jonim felt, he was sure. Even the Scarlet Crusade didn't look so terrible at all on this point of view. (OOC: Sorry for my bad english, is not my main language)Jonim0 Mar 17, 2013
Mar 17, 2013 Transmog Suggestions for a priest I'm looking for something that screams "Holy Energy!". Any suggestions?Delbin3 Mar 17, 2013
Mar 17, 2013 New Boss Ideas Ching Soothsayer - this Monk once traveled Pandaira telling story and sharing his artwork until the day he found "the Ink of Jinyu". Not knowing the power of this ink he used it innocently to make art but the Power of the Ink was too much for him to control and he became corrupted. Now he travels Pandaira drawing demons who spring to life from the pages of his book "The Book of Changes".Nasafure2 Mar 17, 2013
Mar 17, 2013 Tavern Tales (Open RP) ((The setting is the tavern just inside the city of Orgrimmar. A place were old warriors spin lengthy yarns of honor. I want no bar fights or anything involving killing. Keep it lively.)) "Bartender, another ale," grumbled the old hunter. He nodded towards the tauren kneeling near the entrance, 'I see you've had your fair share of battles.' The tauren ignored him. Golemagg readjusted his carbine slung across his back, the worg pup next to him barking up a storm. He gently picked it up and placed it onto the bar where he gave it a biscuit to quiet it.Golemagg4 Mar 17, 2013
Mar 16, 2013 A quick question... ((OOC)) Just a quick question... you know how the Darkfallen are, for all intents and purposes, extinct? Well, how would you guys feel about a thread where the last Darkfallen comes out of hiding and tries to... I don't know, revive his people? Raise an army to defeat the living? Something like that. I'm just asking this because the idea's been kind of rattling around in my head, and I wanted to see what you guys thought about it. Please respond! Thanks.Srdotsalot5 Mar 16, 2013
Mar 16, 2013 From the Chaos.. My blood boils with fury.. Even before I was born my people have fought to feed their craving for magic, allowing no mortals of any kind to stop them. We were the High Elves who brought chaos to the world around us. Our cousins realized our fate long ago, choosing to end their ways of magic addiction and accept their own madness. We on the other hand did not, instead we were exiled to leave our brethren along with the Well of Eternity. Leaving behind our old ways, to never again worship the Moon Goddess Elune. After leaving behind all we knew, and all which we gained our power from, changes began to occur. Our blue skin turned pale, our height decreased and even our hair began to change color. It began to seem like we were a new people, worshipping the Sun instead of the moon, moving from Kalimdor to the Eastern Kingdoms only to leave again to make Quel'thalas our new home. Although it was not always a safe haven for practicing magic. Before our arrival, the Amani Trolls occupied the land. Savage and brutal, we found ourselves in a war that proved everlasting. That is, until we met and allied ourselves with the Human race nearby. We had began to teach them the ways of magic in return for their assistance with purging the land of the native troll race. Growing comfortable with the land around us we came to call home, we had finally settled and once again my people knew peace. For almost a thousand years we lived in its splendor... Until the day the land once again tasted the bloodlust of its inhabitants. The war crazed Orcs had arrived. All across the land humans and green-skinned orcs fought relentlessly. Remembering that we would have never settled here without the human's assistance we aided them and fought ruthlessly to show allegiance. Our king was fighting to protect the boundries of conflict, when we were suddenly finding ourselves being slaughtered at our very own city steps. This was no human, nor green-skinned orc that we had met. Instead it was a Death Knight, who we later came to know as Arthas. This was when we realized that the Burning Legion had arrived. We posed no threat to the Legion's demonic power, and so they decimated our people directly up to our Sunwell. The aftermath was unforgettable... the majority of my people spilt their blood on the death ridden ground. Prince Kael'thas Sunstrider returned from Dalaran as soon as he could, only to share our pain when he found his father, our king, dead on the battlegrounds. It was during this moment he vowed for vengeance, declaring the surviving few as Blood Elves, to honor our fallen. However during this lust for revenge, Prince Kael'thas accepted assistance from the Naga race, without asking the humans for permission. This was enough reason for them to exile us once again. The humans left us for dead, and our prince would not allow us to become an extinct forgotten people. Instead, he led us into the Outland in retreat. We had come so far, and fought for so long that we could barely continue onward. So our prince did his best to keep us alive, he declared his and our allegiance to Illidan the Betrayer, in return we would feed off the demonic power to give us strength... This proved to be a monumental sway for our future to come.Ohsir7 Mar 16, 2013
Mar 16, 2013 Goblin mastermind? I was wondering if I should make Zorzap a kind of evil mastermind that lies in the darkness and makes an evil army to help bring him endless riches?Zorzap3 Mar 16, 2013
Mar 16, 2013 Bajheeroth - The Prologue My dears, I have the honor to introduce a Death Knight, and how he has come to be. I hope you enjoy. :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ooxo3GljpwJenbearqt2 Mar 16, 2013
Mar 15, 2013 RP as I understand it. So why do people just automatically give information on their character's that would not be known on the first interaction? They either do this in chat or via addons. When you first meet someone, you can only extrapolate information on that person from what's availble to your senses at that point in time. I learned to RP over 30 years ago in S. CA in the Hollywood area with a bunch of gamer greats including some of this games original designers/producers and people in the film/tv industry. I have had Gary Gygax throw dice at me with "your character wouldn't know that!" and doc gold and experience from me for bad RP. To me, RP is about getting to know someone, everyone has a story to tell and the fun thing about RP is how the story is told, it unfolds over time. In good books, tv and movies, you don't start off knowing everything about the main toons, it unfolds through time and ivestigation. Find me on WRA if you want to PVE RP. -SarSarhiel11 Mar 15, 2013
Mar 15, 2013 Which would be a cooler theme song for Delbin This http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9p5TuHE-VeI or this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbcpIYnRruADelbin0 Mar 15, 2013
Mar 15, 2013 <LaSpade Mercenary Co> (RP-PvP Merc Guild) Guild: <LaSpade Mercenary Co> Server: Ravenholdt (RP-PvP) RP status: Med-Heavy RP (however we do take in new RPers, to help them learn!) RP Alignment: Lawful Neutral, (mercs vary from each other, but that is generally the company's alignment.) Slogan: "We aren't paid to care! We're paid to get it done!" ----- ... ... ------ The story/history of the Company ------ Lanthier LaSpade used to be a bandit during the 1st and 2nd wars, he led his own bandit troop and they would go around looting the dead, raiding caravans, whatever they could do really! Near the end of the 2nd war, they made their way to Gilneas where they went to hiding in the hills of the Headlands, shortly after the Greymane wall was erected, trapping them in the lands of Gilneas, where they were forced to hide, and pillaged what they could... for 20 years, some would disguise themselves and go to town for trade in order to survive. When the worgen invasion occured, they resumed to plundering/looting, several were stricken with the 'curse' of the worgen, and discovered they could turn away from this life of crime, being tired of hiding like animals (no pun intended) and decided to go legit instead, and hired themselves as mercenaries for the oncoming Forsaken invasion, from that point on LaSpade turned the LaSpade Bandits to a Mercenary Company. They have been serving clients left and right ever since. ====== I come to the forums to spread the word of our Company, so that we may acquire more initiates who would be interested, or even to have clients in the near future who didn't know about us before. We are on the Ravenholdt server (RP-PvP), and as you all know there is a significant lack of RP on the RP-PvP servers, and we aim to bolster the RP community on this server. At the moment our guild is 1 shy of becoming 50 strong, and we are currently guild level 2.5. With that all the way, I will be using the rest of this post to explain what it is exactly, that we do. =========== PvE =========== Everyone hates waiting to find that last competent Tank, or a healer, or even sometimes DPS that know the fights and can actually DO the DPS necessary for an encounter. Why not hire one of our mercs to help you finish your instance? Or perhaps a raid? It's your money, you tell us what to do. Instances - Most people like to instance, but hate waiting in the LFD queue for that tank, why not pay 5-35g (+ repairs if a possible wipe occurs that tank was not responsible for), to get an instant queue and get that item you desire faster? Same goes for a healer too! Heck, you could even hire our own personal party of mercs, to guarantee you get the job done properly (this goes well for trying for achievements!) Questing - You know there is always a few group quests that take awhile to get help for due to everyone having done them and don't want to help since they don't need it. We will, and for a nice price too, (based off the quest reward), Cut us in about 30-40% of the reward (in terms of gold) and you will get those quests done! (A popular one we get used for is the Ring of Blood in Nagrand, or the Amphitheatre in Zul'Drak. Raids - Your guild can't start raiding, or complete a certain section due to another tank, dps, or healer not logging in? Hire one of us! Our prices vary depending on the raid. Our mercenaries should not require loot from a raid.. as I will do my best to make sure all our mercs are decked in the gear the need, in hopes we are to become one of the top raiding guilds on this sever, and can help the rest of the server with the raids we aren't trying to conquer ourselves. * *Some mercs may want an item from a raid instead of their payment in gold, in this case they will state at the beginning of the raid if they desire a particular item instead of payment (however it can't/shouldn't be an item that several of the clients desire as well, but that is up for the client to decide if they can opt for that option)Lanthier23 Mar 15, 2013
Mar 15, 2013 Azeroth equivelant of Gerudo Lately I've been wanting to make a Warcraft version of my Legend of Zelda OC- who is a Gerudo. I want to keep the dark skin and vibrant red hair for her. To help with my race and class selection I was wondering if anyone knew of any Amazon-like tribes in Azeroth. Are there any all-female tribes in Azeroth? What class would best suit her? Which race is closest? Does anyone even know what I'm talking about? Any input is much appreciated!Elvíra17 Mar 15, 2013
Mar 15, 2013 Alliance Brawler's Guild If you haven't been there already, there's a new brawling arena underneath the Deeprun Tram (Stormwind Side). It's an arena at the bottom, and a club on the top. By club, I mean seperate rooms, food, a bar, and lots of tables to sit at. There's also the arena in the middle where you get to watch other players get their butts kicked. What I want to know is what you treat the Brawler's Guild more as: an arena or a club?Takumi2 Mar 15, 2013
Mar 15, 2013 Star: Letters of Life, Lost and Found Silently the gunship eased her way through the gloomy morning sky. Not a soul on board had been to this place, wherever and whatever “this place” turned out to be. They would each be counted among its discoverers. One after another she searched the faces of the crew. Male and female alike they peered toward an uncertain future. Tension, eagerness and even fear were evident in the clenched jaws and strained muscles of the group of veterans standing shoulder to shoulder fingering whatever weapon he or she favored. Spine Splitter, her own personal choice was slung loosely across her back. The bronze colored handle within easy reach. Sharp edged and lighter than those chosen by the males and many of the Orc and Tauren females, this axe had been crafted with her in mind, solid but not heavy. The handle was slim enough to be comfortable in her thin fingers and lightweight enough to avoid straining her wrist. The axe, although smaller was just as deadly and had proven itself many times in many battles. Few adversaries shrugged off the sight of the leering skull and alabaster spine centered between two deadly sharp metal slabs of destruction. The small frame of the woman wielding it might make a stranger stop and chuckle, briefly. Usually the laughter faded when battle engaged. Female and Axe were soon lost in a graceful dance, moving ever forward toward their target. Noise, pain and reason were banished until the dance ended and the axe lifted his master’s arm in triumph. At times, those watching, wondered, who leads who in this dance? Allowing herself a brief caress of the the cold smooth metal, she smiled and turned back to the morning sky and the smell of water. Star strained her eyes into the misty space below, just making out the shape of an Alliance ship silently pathing them. Gunners had made ready at first sight and now every soul on the warship stood tense, prepared and peering at the moving targets on the deck of the ship below. Later she was unable to determine who had fired the first shot. Had the lush land of Pandaria came into view before or after the smoke of cannons filled her lungs and burned her eyes? Who started this war? Faces came in and out of the smoke and mist as she struggled to maintain her hold on the deck. Blood streaked, wide-eyed or lax in death, each face forever imprinted in her mind’s eye. Star had seen battle too many times to be stopped by the sounds, smells and visuals it presented. Her mind rejected the emotion each provoked commanding her body to just keep pushing forward. The warship shuttered and creaked with protest as the hull slammed through a thick forest, to perch on the cliffs above a silent lake.Starsweet13 Mar 15, 2013
Mar 15, 2013 Confused about CRZ and RP-PvP Why is Ravenholdt a CRZ free server? And VeCo? I read that it was because they are not in the same time zone, but neither are Moon Guard and Wyrmrest Accord and they are CRZ'd together all the time.Meihu3 Mar 15, 2013
Mar 15, 2013 Making RP happen on my server (OOC) Hi I'm not 100% sure I'm posting in the right forum so if I am not, my apologies. Regardless the point is that my Server, maelstrom-us, is a rp-pvp and in the world of awesome rp-pvp events its wonderful.(Also when i work though lol) The problem is, alliance side at least, that there does not seem to be rp happen much at all. There are a couple guilds and so on, but walking around Stormwind you might as well just be on a pvp server. So this is kind of my call for help. I want to be apart of RP being alive on the server and have started putting some posts on our servers thread and connecting with who I can. I have also started trying to set up some open events for who ever wants to be a part of them. So after all my ramblings what I am asking for is any advice on things i can do to support and build on the realms rp, advice, ideas, or thoughts. Thank you for your time. (...Also if anyone wants to make an RP alt on our server feel free (=...)Tival3 Mar 15, 2013
Mar 14, 2013 WoW Expansion 6.0 Horde Race-Vampire Alliance Race- The Broken - 6.1 Racial Horde leader- Dracula Racial Alliance leader- Farseer Nobundo - 6.1 Racial Horde mounts-Bats Racial Alliance mounts - Clefthooves 90-95 cap -(Worgen and Vampire only) 90-95 cap - (all races 6.1) class- Demon Hunter (all classes) Zone- Azjol Nerub - (Vampire and Worgen only) Zone- Argus -6.1 (all races) Description- Bats get infected by the sha and get radioactive abilities which enables them to bite blood elfs which turns them into vampires. Worgen leader Genn Greymane sees this first and doesn't inform the Alliance leader King Varian Wrynn. The vampire Blood elves still have a sense of emotion after half of the blood elf population gets infected my the bats. The blood elves are still loyal with the Horde. only Worgen and Vampire will be active in 6.0 where Worgen and Vampire take their war to Azjol Nerub - underground zone, and all the rest of the races will have a new threat in 6.1 - The burning legion return to azeroth which is torn to ruin by the overwhelming siege of Sargeras' army. Alliance and Horde go on the exodar (both agree this is a bigger threat than their war) and travel to Argus, where they team up and defeat Sargeras.Warmor29 Mar 14, 2013
Mar 14, 2013 Blood colors of various races Just curious about this. Not sure if it's anywhere in the lore about the color of Goblin blood, but it got me thinking about other playable races and their blood colors too. If anyone can help me out with this I would be grateful!Satchels8 Mar 14, 2013
Mar 14, 2013 Question: Shaman Roleplay (fitting a race) Hello once again, friendly role-play community! If some of you have seen my last post about wanting to try role-playing, or seen the same name ask in your local trade chats about realms, I am actually taking the dive- with a friend of mine who just started playing might I add. We are headed over to Emerald Dream [RPPVP] so feel free to offer us a hand or role-play scenarios. Now on with my question: I decided that it would be interesting to role-play a novice Alliance shaman who has not just yet gained control of their elemental powers. This said lack of skill causes the character to have low confidence at times and at time recklessly approach a problem with a "Chaotic-Good Alignment" (though he means perfectly well). I am stuck between making the character Dwarven or Draenei to fill this role. Dwarf seems to be a choice I am leaning towards; now that the Wildhammer Clan is part of the alliance a few dwarves may be looking to find their place in the world. It is also an opportunity to explore! Let me know what you think as I make my best decisions when I can bounce ideas off the opinions of others.Lustrous1 Mar 14, 2013
Mar 14, 2013 The Neverending Love Story (Part One) Hello everyone! I have a fun story for you guys, if you're interested. This time I didn't do it in text, but rather in video! I composed all the music and wrote/directed the thing. It's not perfect right now, but when I upload Part Two the errors will be fixed. If anyone read my last story The Adventures of Night Girl Found here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4079845338 then you may know what to expect. Here is the The Neverending Love Story (Part One): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4w9YCbybbtE&lc=ZHgMw6gQK6f82begArrflGTFQpZfpB8uElmPGfpplcIQutwila0 Mar 14, 2013
Mar 14, 2013 CRZ free I am so glad I am on Ravenholdt and do not have to deal with CRZ. And even WOW insider has taken notice! http://wow.joystiq.com/2013/03/12/the-crz-free-realms/Sylviagray6 Mar 14, 2013
Mar 14, 2013 Worgen Druid idea. Please help. I've been away from WoW for a while, and decided to join the game again mainly because the thought of RPing a worgen filled my head with plenty of (I’m sure there all horrible) ideas to use! The fact they can be druids has only given me more horrible ideas to use, hehe. My main idea is an original worgen. One of the original worgen that managed to tap into druidic powers and morph into many creatures (Also human) and joined the alliance as more of a safe haven more than a means of politics. I am open to your flaming and harsh remarks. All criticism is welcome and any lore tips are wanted. Please and thank you. Lunarbane8 Mar 14, 2013
Mar 13, 2013 Should I transfer to an RP realm after 90? I rolled on a pve server because I want to level faster.. Would it be worth it to transfer after I hit 90. Since I can't level on RP realms.Allurian8 Mar 13, 2013
Mar 13, 2013 The Arrowhead (Open Roleplay) Waves crashed against the hull of the ship as it sailed along its way. It was a somewhat modest ship, a little bigger than the average Stormwind transport, but nothing to one of the mighty steamers. Below decks were most of the accommodations of a small inn for passengers, including a galley and a few rooms. It was no warship, but it did carry a few cannons and a large harpoon gun in case force was ever necessary. It was fairly evident that force was sometimes required, considering that the ship was scarred from the occasional Whale Shark bump, or Naga raid. It didn't have the advantages of serving a more powerful kingdom, for the ships captain, a human going by Captain Valtin, had made a vow to keep his ship a neutral transport. This was shown further through his choice of a Blood Elven first officer, and the fact that no flag hung from the masts. The only identification the ship had was a single plaque on the left side; The Arrowhead . ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Valtin stood on the deck of the ship while his first officer manned the wheel. It was becoming increasingly difficult to find neutral ports now that the war between the Alliance and Horde was increasing in intensity. The ship was being forced to land along coastlines to avoid factional ports. It could only advertise its routes in neutral cities, such as Dalaran. Yet still, he had a promise to himself to keep, and if he would end up in the Stormwind Stockades for his principles, so be it. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- If any clarification is needed, this is supposed to be a tavern roleplay on a boat. You can introduce you character by either having them somehow get to the ship while its in the Ocean, or you can have the boat land wherever you want, except in major cities.Neltriz48 Mar 13, 2013
Mar 13, 2013 QUESTS QUESTS QUESTS!!!!!! I've been questing hours on end and i'm finally sick of instances too. So my question is, what do you guys enjoy doing for leisure time in WoW?Hailby15 Mar 13, 2013
Mar 13, 2013 Looking for help with my wifes MRP Hey there! My wife just started a Druid on Emerald Dream and she is having trouble with creating an MRP for her. She knows she wants her to be without a family (They were killed in a Horde attack), she is going Restoration / Feral kitty. Her main will be Restoration as she wants to heal her companions in battle. --- has long, light blue hair, leaf markings around her eyes, her skin is a light blue tone. She usually has a smile on her face, her ears react to her mood. She has a small frame, she is shorter than other Night Elves. (More to come, Prone to editing) That is her Description she has ---- is a young Elf. She has taken to studying druidism after her idol Malfurion Stormrage. She lost her family in a tragic accident when her home was attacked by the Horde. She has vowed to protect her newfound friends from any threat in any way she can. She looks to nature to guide her in the right path. (RP with her to find out more) This is her description She wants this character to be serious, but she's having trouble coming up with proper history / description! Any help would be loved!Ahrod8 Mar 13, 2013
Mar 13, 2013 Interested in Role-play: A lot of questions Hello Role-play Community, After playing WoW for a few years and becoming slightly burnt out I decided I would finally like to try the role-play aspect of it. I've done some RP in other games such as RuneScape (back when I was a young lad) and on San Andreas Multiplayer; my most recent was on a SAMP server for two years. I know that the concept of RP can be depend on a certain maturity level that I feel I meet without needing to pull the age card of being a twenty-year-old. Though the problem I am having is unlike other games where I felt I could jump right in and join the fun, I am rather intimidated by World of Warcraft. My Plethora Of Questions: Are there even any decent role-playing (RPPVP) realms left when I can also casually engage in PvP and PvE progression? How intensive would the usual session be on average? Blizzard did create the lore in this game but is there any wiggle room? Are role-play friendly guild common to find that also PvP and PvE casually(OOCly)? What are some problematic restraints in WoW that can influence RP? What are the need-to-knows I should learn quickly? Any help would be nice or even a guide into the World Of Warcraft Roleplay- like I said I am rather intimidated and feel like I am going at this alone. Thanks In Advance, Lustrous Post Scriptum: I do know that Power-Gaming(PG) and Metagaming(MG) are frowned upon and should be avoided at all costs. Post-Post Scriptum: I plan to Roleplay a Paladin as I've always found the lore to be rather divine. Screenshot: http://puu.sh/J2M7Lustrous18 Mar 13, 2013
Mar 12, 2013 What inspires you? Characters, storylines, weapons, all of that sort. What games, books, shows, movies, or otherwise inspires your roleplaying? For me, I know that a few of the Final Fantasies, paired with the Kingdom Hearts series and other scattered characters and weapons from other fantasy games have inspired Wolvigar's choice of weaponry in-character, as well as his personality.Wolvigar24 Mar 12, 2013
Mar 12, 2013 Belf Roguethings. I m in the process of writing horrible fiction and I got to wondering if the Blood Elf rogues have an organization they generically belong to. There are the deathstalkers (undead) and the shattered hand (orcs and trolls), and alliance has SI:7. Is there a blood elf group that I'm just missing? Google, it gives me nothing.Tyan8 Mar 12, 2013
Mar 12, 2013 The Isles (Open Rp) This story starts with a lonely monk sitting in the back of a nearly abandoned tavern, which is located right beneath an inn. This tavern is located on a small Isle such as Booty Bay (The isle is indeed fictional.) It receives its fair share of trade and visits, but other than that it is a quiet place where only a few stay. Whoever usually come either stay for a very short period of time or for an incredibly long time period. Never in between. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This monk in particular has been on this isle since his mother had been murdered by a group of pirates. He barely ever leaves the isles and when he does he ends up in a tavern in Stormwind or somewhere. His golden beard fluttered in the breeze as his friend, Gilbert, a dwarf shaman sat completely asleep from the amount of bourbon. "Moosky" (the monk) swallowed the last of his firewater from his flask and perched his hat on his brow for a quick nap. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Anyone can join, you can either be one of the few that stay on the isle or a newcomer, Only one person can be the Inn keeper, and only one person can be the tavern keeper though. BTW the Tavern is called "The Sand Dweller".Moosky17 Mar 12, 2013
Mar 12, 2013 Period of Absence I've been grounded for the past six months. I haven't played WoW since the day before Halloween. In the story in the game, I want it to be that all of my characters were in a coma for those six months. Takumi, Schenze (Formerly Gembaron), Chire, Koamix, and Delbin woke up okay, but something apparently happened to Selfie. Selfie was apparently driven to madness during her coma, and now she's gone from perky and annoying, to insane and mean spirited. She rude to everyone but her demons, (her only friends) and has no mercy, or fear. Will this make sense?Takumi4 Mar 12, 2013
Mar 12, 2013 Would like some Opinions. Decided to dive into RPing once again after a long break, and I'd just like some opinions on this character's back story I've come up with. To summarize it, she grew up on the Wandering isle training as a monk, she quickly mastered her training, and soon began to teach others. On one said training exercise she was unfortunately thrown off of the wandering isle into the waters below. She drifted on a fallen tree branch for nearly a week before being "Rescued" by a Bloodsail pirate ship. She was recruited, albeit more like enslaved, into the Bloodsail organization where she spent 4 years climbing the ranks, adjusting well to her new life of adventure as she had always wanted to see more of the world. Shortly after acquiring the rank of Admiral in the Bloodsail fleet, and earning her own ship, she began to hear stories of her people being seen with members of the Horde and Alliance. Curious and surprised, she decided that she would join the horde to seek out lost friends and family. That's the gist of it anyway, there's a lot between the lines, but I'd rather not bore you all with the details. Anyway, what do you think? And if this is in someway against this boards rules, I apologize. S'the first time I've set foot in here.Fumi7 Mar 12, 2013
Mar 12, 2013 Nobility: is it overdone? I've only seen a few "noble" RPers during the limited looking around I do (I'm also fairly new to Wyrmrest and people are scary), and I'm under the impression that it's one of those signs of an "annoying RPer" or an overused cliche. Does being a noble necessarily make that the case though? Take for example my character. She's a noble now in title only. I'd imagine she wouldn't have much power since her estate in Gilneas has been burned to the ground, and as a Gilnean she wouldn't have much power over Stormwind politics. She doesn't really go around announcing it and bringing it up, aside from introductions. I'd like some critique on that idea if possible. Basically let's discuss nobility in RP. What do you hate about it? Is it inheritly bad/good? Do you like it? Do you have noble characters? etc. etc.Matildya4 Mar 12, 2013
Mar 12, 2013 Mistweaving vs. Holy Light? My question is... can mistweaving harm the undead and/or demons like the holy light? just a thought.Kñîght5 Mar 12, 2013
Mar 12, 2013 Night Elf Mage Lore Questions Hello, I'm newer to the WoW role-play scene. I've tested the game before with a friends help, but others things caught my eye before I made a purchase. Just recently, I finally took the plunge and bought wow. I've done my basic research into WoW Lore, and Many of the races I enjoy/likely will meet. There are still due to my lack of in depth knowledge still some questions I would love for you all to answer if you could. 1. What is the current social state of Arcane mages within Night Elf society. 2. From what I understand, Night Elves had banned Arcane magic from their Society until very recently.(Cata?) Does that mean that all Night Elf Mages must then either be younger(I feel it's mentioned somewhere that some of the younger elves are learning from the Highborn.) Or old enough to have been around before the sundering. 3. Would it have been possible for an Arcane wielding Night Elf to have melded moderately well into Night Elf Society, if it did his best to keep his magical Practices hidden? Or would it simply have been to hard? 4. Does wielding Arcane magic, cause one to become addicted to power sources? Like the highborn/blood elves? Or was that because of something else, and if so could you explain it?Akaii5 Mar 12, 2013
Mar 12, 2013 A question on magic addiction I understand that Fel Magic is basically a drug, but what is it all magic? For instance, if a warrior was captured and made to consume magic or have it injected into him on a daily basis for a week. Would they become addicted? If they were just thrown out into the forest with nothing after that. Would they suffer withdrawl?Edgê4 Mar 12, 2013
Mar 12, 2013 How to Make DK rp exciting? **** FORGOT TO ASK EARLIER!!! Can anyone shed some light on the possibilities of Draenei Dk rp?? Any new dynamics if I went with that route?? Hi everyone, later tonight I am planning on doing a race change, with it I want to start rping on my character and was wondering how to make dk rp exciting for others that I run into. Everyone seems really jaded at the idea of dks which is a bummer because I enjoy the class, and think they have potential to translate into rp well... I was wondering whether something like a DK pally (if this would even be possible) could work. For example, someone is killed and turned and instead of brooding and being sinister, aims to take the opportunity of his newly bestowed powers and what not to aid in the purging of the evil and daemonic that exists in Azeroth. Could this work? Really I would love for some ideas...if anyone could chip in I'd appreciate it. Also debating between Nelf or Human and how they could work in RP.Matiss13 Mar 12, 2013
Mar 11, 2013 Roleplaying as a Dragon What do you guys think about someone who roleplays a dragon? is it fine, taboo, dependant on how good the RP is?Zurga41 Mar 11, 2013
Mar 11, 2013 Is There a Class Lore-wise that can summon... Swords, and other things like that? I've been looking over some different things for different classes that you cannot actually play in game, but might be able to RP if done right. Simply, I'm wondering if there is any classes that someone could be and follow lore, that can summon weapons, and possibly other things such as that? On a side note, if there is any classes that you know follows lore and would be interesting to Rp, feel free to post and talk about them.Vyninis14 Mar 11, 2013
Mar 10, 2013 Playing the role of Scourge Are there any established guilds that are RPing Scourge faction under the new Lich King Bolvar Fordragon? If so, please let me know.Jameson9 Mar 10, 2013
Mar 10, 2013 Ideas for roleplaying a female Dwarven rogue Any ideas? I'm looking for suggestions on her occupation, how she became a rogue, anything really, just some general help in roleplaying a Dwarven rogue. Thanks!Bevan4 Mar 10, 2013
Mar 10, 2013 whats the best rp server? I've been looking and I haven't found a server that has an active RP community. I have been to Blackwater raiders, Moonguard, and multiple other servers but it hasn't worked out yet. So what does everyone else think?Boadel20 Mar 10, 2013
Mar 10, 2013 World of Warcraft - Helljumpers It's an interesting idea I've been having ever since the release of the Airships in Wrath of the Lich King and their designs. Helljumpers, inspiration should be obvious to anyone who gets it. Paladins would probably be the prime choice for this, as the mechanics would require them to be fired out of a cannon, and since a Mage's Ice Block wouldn't provide the proper size or shape for a projectile, Pally bubbles seem like the obvious choice (Although I suppose in extreme cases, each Paladin could bring a guest along with HoP, but that would only shield them from the impact, and not the heat of the blast, I would think!) My thought is that during airship battles with ground troops, the airship would load a small group of Paladins into the cannons and fire them amongst a volley of standard shells into the enemy territory. This would allow them to deposit a small team of shock troopers deep into enemy territory, while providing a heavy distraction at the front of the opposing forces. These troops would most likely handle smaller, but very vital operations, such as assassinations, sabotage, and recon. I'm thinking usually they go in groups of 4-6, all Paladins. You'd have the healer, maybe two, the tank, DPS and maybe off tank, depending on what needs to be done. Once the operation is over, Hearthstone it home! No one would expect it, and I think I could make a very interesting story out of it.Pysañ36 Mar 10, 2013
Mar 10, 2013 Is it playable for a new rper? Zalyth was one of the few highborne who turn her back to the Queen during the War of the Ancients. After the shattering, she followed the order of Malfurion and Tyrande and made a Oath to stop using arcane magic. Searching something to do, she then join the Sentinel where she became an High Officer after a couple millenia. She never really trust the Human or the Orc during the battle of Hyjal but followed the Order of Tyrande and Malfurion. After the even of the Cataclism, her devotion to Tyrande and Malfurion became to wane and her faith in Elune and her clergy at an all time low, she turn over her commission and returned to civilian life for the first time in 10 000 years. With no faith to protect her, she tought about returning to the arcane since the hightborne has been welcome back but in the end she decided to stay true to her Oath. While wandering Darnassus at night, she caught the sight of Lanfen, the Pendaren Monk meditating near the water. After a few evening of fine tea and discution on the Monk phylosophy, she was send to Master Laoxi in shadowglen to start her training but due to her decision of quitting the Sentinel, she was often under pressure for the Shadowglen Sentinel. Seeing that, Master Laoxi send her to Master Liu in Ironforge to continue her training. She is now in and around IronForge trying to finally come to term with her mortality and with who she really is. So, I'm I going for to much for a first try at mmo rp?Zalyth6 Mar 10, 2013
Mar 10, 2013 When you first started RP'ing... Did you throw yourself into it, guessing as you went along? Did you know someone who was familiar with it and learned from them? Or did you do what I did... spend hours online doing research so you wouldn't make a fool out of yourself?Deminique16 Mar 10, 2013
Mar 10, 2013 Put your favorite RP storylines here! I will start, A lowly hunter who is a very good shot is trying to prove himself to Marshall McBride at Northshire Abbey. Meanwhile, in the same Abbey, there is a warrior, aspiring to become one of the kings Honor Guard. One day, after doing deed after deed, Both of them get a summons from the King of Stormwind himself! When they receive the summons both of them are anxious and excited at the same time. They are a assigned a high position in Alliance intelligence, SI:7, But first, they must go to Thorium Point to outfit themselves in the finest weapons and armor. Both the Hunter and the warrior report back to Matheus Shaw periodically to receive some of the toughest Challenges and Quests.Thddor3 Mar 10, 2013
Mar 10, 2013 Rogue rp and combat So rogue rpers we know them heck I'm sure alot of us have at least one rogue in our charecter list we rp. They can be one of two things which is really great rpers or just plain terrible having a reputation as bad as that level 58 DK that is Arthas's bastard son. To be fair though it is actually very hard to rp a rogue correctly because when you fight as a rogue you have to play it extreamly smart in fighting situations. If I were to describe a rogue as one of the justice league charecters I would say he was the batman because the rogue is fantastic in close quarters combat but also plans ahead wanting to get the jump on his target first. A rogue can pretty much kill any other class with planing and preperation which is why they are so deadly. However with all the rogue rpers I see the thing that I personally find the most annoying is how people rp the ablity "shadowstep". I have encountered many rogues who will use shadow step practically every post as this magic trump card that will get you out of anything. Also if you see two rogue's fighting don't be surprised if you are reminded of an episode of Dragon Ball Z. I know the cooldown is about 24 seconds but people need to keep in mind that the actions in a post do not take a full tweenty four seconds. I would avise waiting at least four posts to do another shadow step or else it may just become ridicules. A second ablity rogue's often screw up is cloak of shadows. Unless this is a very long fight it should only be used once and also it does NOT work like horde trinket in game mechanics or rp. To avoid the spell the cloak must be on you before the spell makes contact you can't use it to escape a snare effect. Now I'm not going to make a thread just to bag on rogue rpers espically when I am among one of the many on Wyrmrest Accord. I find that others often highly underestimate their ablities one in paticuler that is underestimated is "killing spree". I have seen people who actually think they can catch a body moving that fast or even predict their every move when they are doing so which in my opinion is very god modish. If you really want to not get torn apart by this ablity use highly defensive spells and ablities. Icebloak, Divine shield, ect. Think of the best defensive ablity your charecter has in its spellbook and use it! One of the best things about rping a rogue is it opens up alot of possiblities for an intreasting back story. There is more available to you than I'm just a common thief or I'm an assassin. You could be a front lines soldier who wears lighter armor for moblity and fights a little more dirty on the battle field, You can be a pirate which is definatly great for combat rogues, Maybe a traveling duelist that is very well known for his quick and agile fighting style. Maybe you could even be a militery black ops commando sense Horde and Alliance definatly have special forces squads that use stealth and the element of surprise. In conclusion my point is please people don't underestimate or over estimate a rogue because it is harder than one thinks to rp a rogue correctly.Walegar3 Mar 10, 2013
Mar 10, 2013 The Living Shadows Tavern (Open RP) The Living Shadows tavern is set in Booty Bay, at the very back of the darkest street,the owner is Veriana Starsong(The character of whom this is posted by),and the barkeep is Elvador,a solemn and silent hunter and the waitress is Mistarvaxan, a perky and friendly druid who loves to help, and lots of people come in and out. Enjoy!Xwatchurback135 Mar 10, 2013
Mar 9, 2013 Kaldorei name similar to mine? I like this name and all, it translates to "A dream come true", but its to...anime for my IC name, so trying to find a proper Kaldorei name that sounds close to it, or at the very least start with an M.Masayume6 Mar 9, 2013