World’s End Tavern: Role-play and Fan Fiction

May 2 [A/H] Looking for RP? Check us out! (Discord) Looking for a guild? Have lore questions? Want to connect with some more nerds? Just don't have enough discords in your list? The LFRP discord has you covered! From long-time WoW veterans to new players just learning the ropes, we've got a little bit of everything and plenty of conversation in between. We are a server dedicated to finding partners, creating networks, and getting the most out of your RP experience. We span over several US servers and factions, and welcome all who have a passion for roleplay! We're almost 300 members strong and still going! (We've also got an rpfind group!) Since we have underage members, adult (erotic) roleplay advertisements, pictures, etc. will be prohibited in LFRP. Our server rules are simple and easy to follow. We are a server that will not tolerate harassment or personal attacks against our members or their guilds, guild drama, slandering, trolling, racist comments, or talks of politics/religion. Our discord is actively moderated - trolls will be removed immediately. If you're a guild recruiter or leader, we have a rank just for you to more easily reach and interview players looking for new homes. :) Thanks for reading, and hope to see some of you in the future! LFRP Discord: https://discord.gg/DAXmqdR (Read the instructions carefully, our server requires input from you before you're allowed to speak in our main channels!)Aran0 May 2
Apr 30 Need help on telepathy Telepathy from a priest. How do you even try it with a person? I know it will need to be in whispers, but how would you ever try and start something like that? Example in a whisper: Your character may feel a strong presence trying to pry into thier mind. A small rush but it's not threatening. Like that or something else? How would you write it?Keltdra5 Apr 30
Apr 30 Highborne are immortal? So I wanted to rp a highborne, like any reasonable role-player, I checked out the lore on these guys so I can better understand how to rp my night elf Mage, but I noticed something about how they kept themselves alive, they trapped a demon and took his energy, on wowwiki, it says they used it to become immortal, there was no hint or any information saying they are not still immortal from the demons energy So is this true? Are the shen'drelar a group of immortal night elves? If this is the case, would it be Mary sue to want to rp as one? I would have liked to be a highborne for my night elf Mage and not some random ne apprentice.Harton13 Apr 30
Apr 29 New to RP need some advice I'm looking into joining a real rp server, but I am not very social. I have had some alts on MG and WRA (prefer MG just from the number of players I see rping). I think my biggest issue is that I don't like playing with the same person all the time and tend to get into moods where I don't want contact with others. Can anyone offer some suggestions on things I can try to bridge that gap and actually find enjoyable rp?Ioriswen11 Apr 29
Apr 27 How to be just about any Humanoid in game Wasn't quite sure how to title this, but this is a short guide of a method I used to be just about whatever when I was real big into RP back in the day. I'm on a bit of a time crunch, so I'll probably be editing this later but I don't think I ever seen this ever discussed or talked about despite doing this myself since early MoP. I'll try to make it as simple as possible. (It's not very hard to begin with, trust me.) Set up: Before I begin I would recommend setting your Hearthstone to wherever you plan on RPing at. Not -really- necessary but helpful. Step one: Get yourself a rogue that has the glyph of disguise. You need two people at all times to do this. You'll need the rogue to start it off, but afterwards as long as there's another player with you it doesn't matter what class they are. Step two: Gather up as many Potion of Illusion as you can. If you're loaded go to the AH, if you got time farm it out. Most of the ingredients (if memory serves correct) can be found in everyone's favorite zone, Vashj'ir. Step three: Find a pickpocketable hostile NPC. My favorites are the Ethereals out in Terokkar Forest, but that's just me. Get creative. Step four: Get the rogue to pickpocket them and with the rogue selected use the Potion of Illusion. Step five: Either the rogue or someone else can now use the Potion of Illusion on you and copy your look as well. I highly recommend timing this to be around 30 seconds after. That being so you both don't run out of the buff around the same time. (Keep in mind the buff only lasts for 2 minutes). Step six: Hearth back if you so choose. RP, troll, do whatever. Keep in mind of the buff duration though. Step seven: Wash, rinse, repeat the potion. Step Eight: ??? Step Nine: Profit.Raneyorick2 Apr 27
Apr 26 Seeking Committed Roleplayer! I have always wanted to roll a toon, and instead of leveling him quickly, to fully immerse into the character, quest in areas for role play content based on what has been said in character, regardless of whether or not we have out leveled the zone, and just enjoying the game, actually reading the quest dialogue. However, alone the adventure would grow rather dull with no one to engage in role play and story lines with me. So I am putting forth a call to find another person or persons who love super in depth immersive roleplay, who will actually commit to playing the character when we are all on, and who thinks they would enjoy doing something like this instead of the usual WoW. I think a group of 3 including myself would be best, just for scheduling reasons, but 2 could also work. I am U.S Central Timezone but I am available most of the time. If you are interested, please leave a little information about yourself and your roleplaying experience/style, timezone, and maybe a little bit of backstory for your character. Thanks in advance!Vegetâ4 Apr 26
Apr 26 Is RP for me? So I've played WoW since Vanilla (doesn't reflect my achievement score haha) and I've spent so much time on this forum but I've never actually tried to RP. I have played DND and was known to be one of the people who would carry along the rest of the group who sort of got shy when RP'ing so I'm totally cool with getting into character. That being said, how does it work with WoW? Obviously its not DND 5 guys sitting around a table with dice. But like if I'm doing a dungeon do I have to pause my rotation to comment during the fight? Wouldn't that be impossible to progress in a mythic+ environment? At the end of the day if the answer is maybe WoW RP isn't for me thats okay, but hot dog you guys seem like you're always having 10x more fun than I am haha.Haruken24 Apr 26
Apr 26 Can you be born a worgen? Can you be born a worgen? I recall from some previous guilds I was in, talking about alpha worgens that were born with the curse, WoWpedia states nothing on it, and some of my guild members are adamant that you can't be. Anyone have an answer? Thanks, DreadmawDreadmaw60 Apr 26
Apr 26 Best RP server for New Role Players? Hey, I have never really role played before and I am having a hard time finding a good role playing server. I don't know if it's because its bad luck or if no one is role playing anymore. But I really really wanna begin to role play and wanna know what is the best server to start on?! (Also anyone that wants to role play with me., I have some really cool character stories that are pretty lore accurate :) )Kennerway2 Apr 26
Apr 26 I rp a character that doesnt speak common And let me tell you, it has been some of the most fun I have had. The goal is to slowly learn common, a few words per day at a time. And they are completely random to avoid developing to quickly. Today I learned hyjal, translate, and bad. The amount of people who are going above and beyond the norm to try and communicate is amazing. And it's hilarious fun to have 3 people trying to guess the charade. With all that said, im looking for stories of charades IC or miming things to try and communicate. Just for more fun ideas.Dastalran9 Apr 26
Apr 25 Looking for a good RP server Hello all, I am looking for a good RP server that has good number of alliance with a strong economy and raiding scene.Tìm7 Apr 25
Apr 25 How to run a RP Event Hi guys, I'm very keen to run a RP Event for my guild, but I have no idea where to start. There doesn't appear to be a guide for newbies that details what is involved. I'm used to GMing DnD and LARPs, but this is completely different. How do you run combat, plot and NPCs? How do you best set this up? What do I do about trolls? Should I have people help me? Any help is appreciated.Ahqwas4 Apr 25
Apr 24 King of the WoW frontier Hi, I am Tauren Totem and I am training to be King of the WoW frontier. Is it possible to get a custom title for it? I'm working really hard training in herbalisim and mining. I wear a blue flannel shirt and mine around Durotor. IYO Where is the WoW frontier to you? Is it Durotar? Somewhere in Kalmidor? Or the Ice island? (Ice island is the newest land I think so it MIGHT be the frontier.) I also want a covered wagon mount, is there one?Taurentotem1 Apr 24
Apr 23 Xmog Showcase Rate the the transmog out of 10 above you based on on how well it fits the class and race it's used on, then showcase your own mog so that someone below you can rate it. For example: "The non existent mog above me gets a 1/10 for not matching the race, a non existent human wouldn't wear that non existent clothing. But how's my mog?"Cathalin36 Apr 23
Apr 23 Warlock RP Lore Question Hi, I'm 2 months new to WoW and was mostly drawn in by the wide RP capacity of this game. I have a few characters, however I am in the process of creating a Worgan (demonology) warlock as my first official rp character, and I have a few RP Lore questions which I can't find the answer for, even with extensive research. If you can help me answer them, I will be most grateful! ============================== 1. Is it feasible for warlocks to have minimal use of fel, and instead focus primarily on the binding and summoning of demon minions? From what I understand, fel is very corruptive to both the user, others and the environment which is something my IRL personality will find very repulsive and difficult to RP well with. I do realise this will affect my charactor's power and warlock prowess negatively, but I prefer the 'warlock's will of iron' approach to keeping my demonic minion under my command, even if it makes my charactor more of a basic or amateur warlock. Will this remove/reduce the physical tainting fel has on my body, reducing it to just the mental strain of self control? ------------------------------------------ 2. In a society that was not very exposed to and shunned warlock practices, how would a human (specifically Gilnean) learn these dark arts from scratch and train, especially being from the Alliance when modern warlock teachings came from Gul'Dan who was Hoard. This is something I am finding the most difficult, especially since it is a very important backstory point. I plan my character to be around Genn Graymane's age, so there would have been opportunity before the Wall to learn outside of Gilneas then. ============================== Thank you awesome people! I look forward to your responses! Murdoch (Murkpaw) Powell (his rp name =P)Docstrangexx5 Apr 23
Apr 22 Why We Love RP So Much (RP Survey! :D) Hello, my fellow WoW goers! I'm in a very quizzical mood today and my mind thirsts for psychological answers, so I am making a survey! :D We all know RP (Role-play) is a popular form of entertainment and another means to indulge our love for our fandoms and/or explore the imagination. And of course, for those of us new to the world of RPing, I believe this would be an excellent way of understanding what RP means to each of us and why we enjoy it either as a passion, an escape, a fun pass-time, or other reasons. Your answers for each can be as short/simple or as long/ detailed as you like. You may also answer as many of them as you please, however do take note that if the question is marked with a * it means the question is required. Thank you, and enjoy! --------------- *1. Why do you RP? 2. How often would you say you RP per day/week? *3. What do you (your expectation in yourself specifically, not your expectation in others) consider important in regards to when you RP with people? In other words, what are your personal standards for yourself when you engage in every RP encounter/session? *4. What good qualities do you seek in others that you roleplay with? Why are these qualities important to you in role-playing? 5. When it comes to creating a character for RP in general, what would you say inspires or motivates the way you create one? Why and how? 6. If you were to give first-timers some advice in general character creation, what would be your advice? *7. What is/are some of your favorite race(s) to RP and why? What makes this/those race(s) great to RP in your opinion? 8. If you were to give first-timers advice about the race(s) you specified in question 7, what would you say about the following: - How easy/difficult is it to RP said race(s)? - How important would you say knowing the race's(s') Lore is/are in order to RP them well? - What qualities, facts, traits, etc, would you say would be important to consider when RPing said race(s) based on your experience? *9. What class(es) is/are your favorite to RP as? Why? What makes this/those classes great to RP in your opinion? 10. If you were to give first-timers advice about the classes you specified in question 9, what would you say about the following: - How easy/difficult is it to RP said class(es)? - How important would you say knowing the class's(s') Lore is/are in order to RP them well? - What qualities, facts, traits, etc, would you say would be important to consider when RPing said class(es) based on your experience? 11. What have been some of your best RP encounters/sessions? Please share if you will, and tell us why it was so memorable. 12. What have been some mistakes you've made back when you were new to RPing? What happened? And have you improved since then? 13. What would you say, (in regard to the fact that often people may RP personalities that might reflect nothing like the person they are in real life) is/are your best personality type(s) you RP well? (Such as a cranky old man, a quirky merchant, a shy girl, a playful child, a snobby noble, an evil villain, a valorous hero, a roguish rebel, etc etc). -What are personalities you have not tried RPing before? Why not? -And what are some personalities you find you have trouble pulling off in RP? Explain. *14. Of all the toons you have created and RPed as, which of them would you say are among your favorite? Explain why you enjoy RPing said toons so much to be your favorite. *15. Looking back on your RP history, what would you say are among the many improvements you've gained as an RPer since your newbie days? What RP skills do you hope to improve in the future? ----------- Okay, that's it! I hope you had fun! :) Have a lovely day and thank you! ^_^Silvanni28 Apr 22
Apr 22 It this the right forum? To put a short story I made up?Vivicus1 Apr 22
Apr 22 Tauran Paladin Lore So I'm planning on moving an old BE pally, and I'm thinking of making her Tauran instead. The issue is I don't know why Tauran suddenly could become Paladins in the first place. Please help.Selsea11 Apr 22
Apr 22 In-Depth Character Development Guide Redux Hello everyone. This is a guide I had stickied on the previous roleplaying forums, and I figured that while slightly outdated it would still have useful information in its current form. I intend to update this now that my account is active again, though it will admittedly take some time. I've had many different characters throughout my forum roleplay experience, and through the many different interactions with other roleplayers that I've had, I feel I've learned quite a bit about truly developing a character into something with many facets and a true personality: just as we, the writers behind the character have. I cannot stress enough that I am NOT trying to tell you how to create your character or make them act. Like it says in the title, this is merely a set of guiding points to aid you in your own creative thought process. The greatest of writers take input and constuctive criticism from all sides, and as I aspire to attain a high-level of quality in nearly everything I post I am no different. Please post anything you thing I should add, or something I may need to touch on. I will post in installments: 1. Choosing a Starting Point: Which Class is Right for You? 2. Advanced Classes: Creative Freedom 3. Building the Character Frame: Tiers of Personality 4. Backstory: Where do you start? 5. Avoiding Mary-Sueism 6. Class-Specific Recommendations 7. Finalizing and Tying the Package Together 8. Extras This list is tentative, and subject to change. The best thing you can realize as a writer and roleplayer is to roll with the flow: sometimes the best inspirations will not come to you immediately. In fact, they usually don't! Eclìpse45 Apr 22
Apr 21 Stivers' Diary: The Battle For Andorhal (OOC: The idea I have here is to chronicle this quest chain from my character's POV, post by post. I haven't actually gone to EPL yet to start it, but I think I have enough material for a prologue.) Today in Booty Bay I was approached by another Forsaken. Sylvanas needs me again, he said, no time to waste. The Horde, Alliance, and Scourge are all fighting over Andorhal. I confess I feel reluctant. I feel like I really did some good the last few weeks. In the Barrens, I helped the Taurajo refugees and avenged the tauren dead. I helped Naralex close the Nightmare Scar, which prevented a bad situation from becoming worse. Most recently in Desolace, I aided the Cenarion Circle in uniting the centaur clans as their allies and driving away the local demons. (I'm still trying to wrap my head around why the way to persuade one of those khans to make peace was to kill his three sons, but for some reason, it worked. Centaur customs are odd.) I don't know what the value of Andorhal is, I don't know why it's vital that the Horde--or perhaps I should say why SYLVANAS--possesses it, but I can't help but wonder if I'll walk away from this battle feeling proud of myself as I have been lately, or whether I'll feel guilty as I did after the fighting against the Gilneans. In the Barrens, the Alliance were the aggressors, and I was more than happy to help drive them back. Gilneas wasn't the aggressor when I helped fight them.... Undeath seems to bring out the worst in many people, as conversations with other Forsaken have made clear to me. They seem to lose empathy, if they ever had any prior to death. I still seem to have some. No idea why. I just hope I'm not the only one, although sometimes I feel like I am. Some of the things I've seen in the Undercity horrified me, but others who shared my "condition" saw the same things and seemingly couldn't have cared less. Maybe that makes me a bad warrior, makes me hesitate to do what needs to be done. Empathy for those who want to kill you can allow them to succeed, I suppose. But then, that's the same kind of thinking as the late Overlord Krom'gar, who felt that blowing up a glade full of children was justified, who felt that the slaughter at Cliffwalker Post was justified. Not one of my prouder moments, helping him accomplish any of it. One of the things I've been trying to atone for. Will Andorhal be the same? I guess it can't hurt to have a look. Will write more later on.Stivers1 Apr 21
Apr 20 Non-Illidari Demon Hunter? Hey all, Wanted to get some fresh opinions and insight on this. Would this approach be lore-breaking? I know the DH intro establishes that we are Illidari, but would it be possible to separate that from a character's backstory? Wanted to play a character more similar to the Demon Hunter Warcraft 3 unit. A Night Elf who was never at Black Temple, who stayed in Kalimdor protecting Kaldorei lands, and who isn't so much demon as he is a "shadowy warrior" archetype as portrayed in that game (barring Illidan, of course). But if this is generally considered lore-breaking and looked down upon by the majority, then I'll probably consider playing another class combo. Wanted to check with some lore fans first. Thanks!Syldathos5 Apr 20
Apr 20 [Story Snippet] Duties of an Apprentice I really love writing small little snippets of story for my characters and one of my favorite characters to write for is Odelle Ashery, a young woman who is an apprentice to the Great Gideon Gearglocket, a gnomish warlock. Odelle is a...uhm. Well, she's pretty. "What are you doing?" "What do you mean what am I doing?" "What do you mean what do I mean what are you doing?" "What do you - ugh. I mean, I'm looking for these relics you purchased from Uldum like you asked me to. Why did you store them in sand like this? They're ever so hard to find." Odelle combs her slender, manicured fingers through the sand in the shallow box, revealing another small figure. "Ah! I think this is the last one. Seven, right?" She carefully picks it out and lays it amongst a small group of similar looking trinkets on the table, covered in sand. There were seven in total ranging from the size of a large pea to her own thumb. Gideon approaches the table and climbs up onto a stool so that he can peer down at the collection. He pulls out a monocle and holds it close to his face to get a good look at each of the sand coated shapes. His nose scrunches above his curled, purple mustache and he promptly hops off the stool to head for the door. "Once you've found the relics, you may go for the evening." "What? But I've found them. They're right here!" Odelle exclaims, gesturing to the table. "My dear, that's Scrumptious' litter box."Annaveil0 Apr 20
Apr 20 Pandaren RP Backstory Help / Question Greetings, I am currently working on the backstory of my Pandaren Monk and I have a question regarding Islander and Mainlander: Is it aceptable to have someone who was born in Shen-zin Su to sail to the mainland of Pandaria at some point before the Cataclysm happened ? For example a young Pandaren who trained as a monk at the Wandering Island able to move to Pandaria to progress further on his training at one of the Monsateries of Kun-lai. Any insight will be much appreciated.Scarneet3 Apr 20
Apr 19 Fashion Battle - April 23rd, 7:30pmPST [Fashion Battles™] by Stealthstar-Silverhand is hosting a Spring themed transmog battle. Everyone is welcome to this event! Where: Thunder Bluff, Mulgore. When:April 23rd, 2017 @ (7:30(PM(PT), 8:30PM(MT),9:30PM(CT) , 10:30PM(ET)) Realm Host: Farstiders//Silverhand//Thoriumbrotherhood Theme(1): Spring Theme/Noble Garden (Pastels, Whites, Greens, Elegant) Theme(2): N/A -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Viewers: Every level, class and race is welcome to attend and watch the show. You too can dress up and show off some fashionable attire without being judged for the show. This is a free realm wide event, BUT you must be on the hosting realms to receive a "goodie bag" which is handed out at every show! -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Models: Every level, class and races welcome to model for our show. Be ready to be critiqued and ranked among your Tmog peers. More information will be added as the date comes closer! If you have any questions or are interested in modeling please visit [ http://fashionbattles.guildwork.com/forum/58762d85002aa8354e85c709-contact-us ] -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Guild Sponsors: Any Guild is welcome to donate to our events. Donations vary from Mounts to Gold, anything helps and in return your Guild will be able to have a 255 Character Guild advertisement during the intermission of the show as well as special seating for the Guild! If you are interested in donating please send an in-game letter to Stealthstar-Silverhand(Horde) or Stealthstar-Kirin'Tor(Alliance). ***For Emergencies add Lailah#1872. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Job Opportunities: [Fashion Battles™] is looking for permanent Judges(3) for our shows! This is a paying job for one night. Judges must be open minded and unbiased, we are looking for people with a good attitude, and a basic knowledge of WoW Lore. Visit [ http://fashionbattles.guildwork.com/forum/58859ad3002aa819b1e796d8-available-jobs ] --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Social Media Links: Twitter : https://twitter.com/Fashionbattles7 Youtube : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxR021nNkTRobN1uDrK8ZMQ Website : http://fashionbattles.guildwork.com/ --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Guild Sponsors: Fashion Crafters (H/A) Guardians of Eternity (H/A) Over the Hyll/Hill Gang (H/A) The Royal Courier (H/A) Azeroth Board of Tourism (H) Mythological Knights (H) --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Special thanks to crew members of the show as well as our Guild Sponsors and Private Donors!Namine0 Apr 19
Apr 19 Warcraft Love Story Hey there, I'm going to share with you a little story I wrote. It's about a gnome mage that meets with a long-lost friend after ten years apart. It's a long one, I'll have to post it in multiple parts, which I'll space out over a period of time - It seemed like a normal sort of day, before life suddenly changed for Mitzi. Well, normal as a day could be during these trying times. After doing some quick recon work in Azsuna, which had been made a little more complicated than necessary by the unexpected appearance of some Naga, she had retired to the Legerdemain Lodge with a group of fellow mages. After a round of drinks everyone at the table had finally started to unwind, slowly breaking off into pairs to chat. Mitzi sighed gratefully as she finished off her drink, placing the empty mug onto the table. "Well, you're enthusiastic today" said her friend Biyu playfully, giving Mitzi a light shove on the shoulder with her paw before downing the rest of her drink in one go. "It's pretty rare you finish before me. What put you in such a good mood, shorty?" Mitzi just smiled and shrugged. "Just glad the day's over. I've got a day off tomorrow so I'm looking forward to doing some reading." She was a bit irked by the short comment, but reacting to it was just what Biyu wanted. Plus as a gnome being told that sort of thing wasn't exactly uncommon. Biyu pouted and put her head into her crossed arms. "So you're not gonna stay and have another drink or two? Not even for me?" she asked, slowly turning her big pleading eyes to Mitzi. Try as she might, Mitzi couldn't look away as she tried her best not to smile. Biyu was a Pandaren, and when she acted cute like that Mitzi couldn't resist. "I… guess I could stay for a couple more drinks, sure. If you insist." "Great, I do insist! Actually, it just so happens that the next round of drinks is yours, speaking of. What a coincidence!" Biyu beamed, a bit too widely for Mitzi's liking. "Oh… fine, fine. That's the only reason you want me to stay, isn't it?" Mitzi mumbled as she got up, feeling a bit annoyed. Biyu scooped Mitzi up in a hug before she could protest. "Oh, you know that's not the only reason! You're so cute when you pout!" "Let me go, you smell terrible!" After a moment of struggling Mitzi finally released herself, taking some deep breaths. "Yeah, it has been a long day!" Biyu laughed, completely unconcerned with her body odor. "Anyhow, why not get two drinks apiece? I'll get the next round, we should have some fun." "Yeah, sure" Mitzi replied, finally just giving up. With a wave she left her friend behind and made her way to the bar, weaving around the various larger patrons. It was right after she had ordered her drinks that it happened. The bar, which wasn't very crowded to begin with, went quiet as the doors opened and five figures entered the bar. They were all different races, and all clad in various shades of dark leather armor. The one in the front, a tall, thin and imposing human male whose face was almost totally obscured by a leather hood, made his way to the bar only a few seats down from Mitzi as most of rest of his group took up seats around him. It took her a moment to realize that the only one that did not sit was a troll, who stood right next to her and was looking down at her coldly. "Move. You're in my seat." For a moment Mitzi nearly did as he said without even thinking. He was nearly three times as tall as her, with tusks that were almost as long as her arm. Of course she was intimidated. But she also didn't like the idea of being pushed around by some angry troll just because he was bigger. "I'm only sitting here until I get my drinks." She patted the stool next to her. "You can sit there until I'm done." The troll narrowed his eyes dangerously. "Listen 'ere, gnome. You don't wanna be makin' enemies wit' me. Move." The troll moved his hands casually down to the axes at his hips, and out of the corner of her eye Mitzi saw Biyu get up with a stern expression on her face and began making her way to the bar. Mitzi hesitated, already knowing that this was going to get more intense in a moment but she refused to back down just because some troll told her so. A metallic clinking suddenly drew Mitzi's attention to the human, who had dropped a few gold coins on the counter and motioned to the bartender for one of the bottles displayed on the back wall. He turned almost lazily to look at Mitzi, and even though she could only see his eyes she was annoyed to see that he looked bored. "Sorry ma'am, you might just want to give him your seat. He gets upset when he doesn't…" The human trailed off as the two made eye contact. He just stared at her for a minute, his eyes changing slowly from boredom to disbelief. "Mitzi?" he asked, like he dared not believe it.Louche2 Apr 19
Apr 19 Parables of the Past (Ghao's Story Corner) "Come, come, men and women, boys and girls. Gather around the fire, and fill your mugs with something cozy. Find your friends, your family, whomever might be with you, on this night. Tonight, I share a story with you. For every tale I tell, I bring a lesson. It is your choice, to decide what this lesson is to you. No understanding is incorrect, no interpretation is false. All I ask of you now is to calm your minds, and focus your ears, for hearing the words mean nothing, if the mind does not understand them. When all is calm, we need only to close our eyes, and let the story come to life within us." ~~~~~~~~~~~~~ OOC ((Alright, time for some OOC intro notes. I'm Ghao, a brand-new face in the WoW roleplaying scene. I've always loved storytelling, as most do who participate in roleplay. This particular thread is a more personal brand of writing, one I intend to use as a "platform" for my character. It is something of a scrapbook, in the sense that each post I place here will bear no relation to the last. Each one will be a different story or 'parable', if you will, that Ghaodang tells to those who join him in his travels, wherever they may take him. Ghao is a travelling monk, one who has always taken a keen interest in the deeper meaning of storytelling. He has spent the past few years travelling from village to village, town to town, sharing with any who wished to hear one of his countless tales. He does not often explain these tales beyond the words within them, leaving the audience, instead, to interpret the personal meaning each one holds for them. Any stories posted here are posted under the assumption that anyone could have heard them in-character. Each story is one he has told at some point or another to whomever gathered with him in his stops. As such, if encountering him in game, I am completely comfortable with any given character recognizing him via one of these stories. In fact, it is an easy and completely welcome reason to approach him, out in the world. And with that, I'm going to get to work on the first story. I hope you all enjoy them!))Ghaodang1 Apr 19
Apr 19 Where does Noblegarden get its name? OOCly Noblegarden is Blizzard's version of Easter, but why is it called so? Wowpedia does not contain any relevant information. I will update it with helpful responses (if any) gathered here.Selenius3 Apr 19
Apr 18 Post Apocaliptic Guild Idea~[OOC] So, I've been chatting with some friends, doing my research on the lore(and flexability there of), and decided I bring my idea to a larger, less gentle audience. I am thinking of creating a guild upon a 'dead' RP server, and running a premise/story where in the whole of Azeroth is laid low, but nobody remembers what -exactly- happened. Did we lose against the Lich King? Did the Legion succeed during one of there many invasions? Has an Old God subverted the world to their will? The timelines are broken, certainty, like the factions of old, have been cast to the winds like so much ash after the fire. The specific guild I intend to make will be centered around and tailored to showcasing the Undead, most notably the Forsaken and Death Knights(Though there are talks of san'layn, very tentative talks). I've worked out a general idea of guild lore, and a ridged guild rank structure, as well as a simple, yet innovative /roll combat system. At any rate, I think I will stop my caffeine induced rambling here, collect my thoughts, and turn the floor over to you, good people of the RP forums. Though, I will leave one last breadcrumb, a link to the current rough draft of the guild's outline. Please note that what you initially see is what the end-game chain of command will look like, and in the beginning it will be much, much smaller. http://tinyurl.com/l5ejhfkEllioness10 Apr 18
Apr 18 Requesting Official Heights/Weights Dear Blizzard, Hello! For many years, I've been creating characters. Even before I really RP'd, every character had to have specific appearances, partially so I could draw them, but also because I am just super OCD. Unfortunately, nobody can come to a real consensus as to average species statistics. The RPG books have been declared non-canon, but are still widely cited. People are using 3-4 different sets of information, which can lead to all kinds of weirdness. If you want, for instance, a Pandaren who is just a hair above average and you go by their average being 6 feet even, someone else will go by their average of 6'6" and suddenly your slightly tall Pandaren is a head shorter than average. Most races I've looked into have height and weight ranges far too wide to really be considered averages, based on in-game model measuring, RPG books, old manuals, and other things. If we could just get a definitive list of these, it would make a whole lot of RPers happy. Heck, tweet a race/gender's official average height/weight once a day and I'd be overjoyed. Anyway. Thank you for reading! <3 FangFangkai12 Apr 18
Apr 18 Small Group RP vs Larger Group RP I'm curious about peoples opinions on preference in terms of rp styles. One on one is the most personalized we can do in WOW. Then there is you small group RP, less then 10 imo. Then large group rp which is 10 or more. Which do you prefer and why?Selsea5 Apr 18
Apr 18 WET Community Lounge Archive This thread is simply made to keep track of the Community Lounges. I will edit this and add in all the new ones whenever they're made. Please do not post! The Beginning 1: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/12284838457 2: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/13086128572 3: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/13273527528 4: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/13681168165 5: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/13778228027 6: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/13841064444 7: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/14058816634 8: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/14278908335 9: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/14611071063 10: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/14729683995 11: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15141924346 12: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15354636344 13: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15537364033 14: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15685268380 15: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15698852426 16: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15699674597 17: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15698857053 18: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/16202230390 19: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/16354295337 20: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/16410201940 21: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/16542424587 22: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/16780367950 23: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/16952245905 24: Lost in the Twisting Nether. 25: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/18193985373 26: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/18300418578 27: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/18700827349 28: Lost in the Twisting Nether. 29: Lost in the Twisting Nether. 30: Lost in the Twisting Nether. 31: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/19649596120 32: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/19890209568 33: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20043054215 34: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20042825013 35: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20042935697 36: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20353075216 37: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20419961904 38: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20419282431 39: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/14729594038 40: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20418543958 41: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20742314349 42: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20742374781 43: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20742654674 44: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20742595071 45: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20742894110 46: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20742824485 47: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20742935132 48: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20743025717 49: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20742826399 50: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20742919715 51: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20743044561 52: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20743754447 53: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20743775211 54: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20744424311 55: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20745205620 56: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20745646258 57: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20747854731 58: http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20747736767 59: http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20748284819 60: http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20748666447 61: http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20748845201 62: http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20748816365 63: http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20748946491 64: http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20748937871 65: http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20749395873 66: http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20749714998 67: http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20749786050 68: http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20749766928 69: http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20749668634 70: http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20750794976 71: http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20751515868 72: http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20751986234 73: http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20752397263 74: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20752229704 75: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20752446144 76: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20752467196 77: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20752538920 78: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20752501281 79: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20752805382 80: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20753325686 81: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20753346714 82: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20753148934 83: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20753201317 84: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20753487449 85: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20753935944Canniibal2 Apr 18
Apr 18 WET Community Lounge 85 Hope no one will mind if I go ahead and make a new Lounge. I just moved the stuff from the previous one here, I may or may not have missed the fridge with the spider creature inside of it but ohwell. Last Lounge: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20753487449 Lounge Archive: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/13780458267Kerzone500 Apr 18
Apr 17 Blood Elf Illustration I've played on Alliance for a few years since getting back into WoW the second time. First time was as Horde! I may be an Alliance player now, but I remember my roots~ ;) http://vixikats.deviantart.com/art/Blood-Elf-Mage-674572030Vindolyn3 Apr 17
Apr 16 The Chronicles of Dangerfield Greetings all! I have started a new account in WoW with the intention of leveling a character from the very beginning. No heirlooms, no gold benefactors, no achievement points.... nothing. The idea is to tell this character's story as an ongoing adventure and I have the first two "chapters" written. I know this is a shameless self-promotion, but I'd love it if you fellow RPers and writers would check it out. http://7sixonline.com/index.php/category/chronicles-of-dangerfield/ Thanks! And feedback is welcome, no matter how harsh.Dangerfield0 Apr 16
Apr 15 University: Hunter & Explorer Hello all! I joined a guild that is building a University with Students and Teachers. It's rather active, but, nobody has ever built a Hunter program before! If you were a Hunter student, what would you like to learn about? Non-Hunters can take the class too! As Hunters have a powerful connection to the wild, and an ability to befriend beasts I'm thinkign it'd be great to pair exploring with it! Having adventures out into the depths of the wild, to explore and search for the most exotic of species from lions, to a kodo (one day I'll tame one, ONE DAY!), to the beautifully rare warp stalkers that vanish on us, and many more! I also want to do some history, exploring some of the great archers and hunters such as Hemet Nesingwary (and his controversy), Alleria Windrunner, or even Vereesa Windrunner. Even take a field trip to "meet" them! What would you like to learn about?Ashkir1 Apr 15
Apr 15 Alchemy: It Can Create Life Okay so maybe I am late to the party here but...Alchemists in legion can literally full metal alchemist style TRANSMUTE LIVING THINGS. Am I the only who finds this immensely creepy, and immensely awesome at the same time? http://www.wowhead.com/spell=213256/transmute-meat-to-pet Literally creating life. This is AWESOME! Discuss.Sharaliana6 Apr 15
Apr 14 looking to get into rp hey all! i've tried getting into rp and for a while i liked it but i didn't really immerse myself in it. i'm looking to start again on either moon guard or wyrmrest accord. don't particularly care about faction, but what's the environment like for new rpers who are still learning, and do i need to create the backstory for my character before i really get into it? also, what are good way to come up with a backstory for those of us who are not completely familiar with all the inner workings of wow lore. do you guys come up with this on the fly or is there kind of a template in creating a characterShaison3 Apr 14
Apr 14 Why are Draenei always roleplayed as rude? Hello, I would like to share an observation that I have made on the roleplaying servers. I have found that players who play Draenei have a tendency to roleplay as mean, and stoic. This is not the case for all Draenei certaintly, but definitely most. What are we, as a community to do about this? Do we need to have some sort of world wide RP to make this not a thing? Or maybe this is intentional... I don't understand why so many people choose to play as a rude character with just this one race. Please respond! - PatienceMilktit19 Apr 14
Apr 14 Sketch Thread Hi there, hope this post is alright as I saw a few others do it and wanted to take part. I've been lacking with some motivation when it comes to drawing recently and want to sketch some of your characters because I need practice! Hopefully I'll get through doing everyone but I may be kinda slow at these depending on how busy I get. Most of these will be bust shots unless I'm feeling particularly inspired! All you need to do is comment down with a brief description of your character preferably with any major key points to how they look. I'll try to sketch them in the armor I see on your armory page unless you'd like to link me a different set or screenshots! I'll link the pieces in the thread when I'm done and quote you. Here's some of my sketches of WoW related stuff: http://imgur.com/a/1sjLtIzuki11 Apr 14
Apr 13 Dabbling in the Demonic I loved this quest so much. It felt like i was truly doing magic. But the most important thing for me is how we were actually combining different magic energies to use a Warlock spell. I was under the assumption that spells could only be casted by using only one magic type, Mage spells using Arcane, Warlock spells using Fel, and so on. But in this quest we used Arcane, Fel, Void and Death magic at the same time for something actually simple like opening a Warlock portal. Meaning that spellcasters probably channeling various forms of magic forces while using their spells, not only one like i used to think.Vincentiu2 Apr 13
Apr 12 Shadow Priests. I guess this is the best place to start. Do you see yourselves as servants of the Void, that truly want to bring about the end of everything? The powers you master seems that way. Or do you believe you are using the power of the Void to battle against it, if that is possible. I am only asking due to the Void becoming the ultimate thing that wishes to end all creation. The Void Lords are the reason Sargeras became what he was, out of madness and he seeks almost the same goal, but the Void is even more terrifying.Audaela2 Apr 12
Apr 12 The Eagle Eye Retreat (Open Tavern RP) Nestled in the vast pine forest of Grizzly Hills, was a fairly large hunting lodge surrounded by towering pine trees. The structure was simple, sturdy and welcoming, with three balconies that overlaid the upper levels of the lodge, allowing guests to step out into the cool fresh air. A decent sized stable was stationed outside the establishment, for larger animals such as mounts to be housed outside and tended to by workers with fresh bedding, food and water. The interior of the structure was high, spacious and comforting; with its pine wood furnishings, rustic decor and comforting den, which a few large leather arm chairs, a large oak wood table and a roaring hearth. Above the hearth, a stuffed eagle was perched proudly on a three branch that was mounted on the wall; its swings were splayed proudly, as it glowered down at anyone who walked in its gaze, which gave the establishment its name. In the corner; there was the bar, the kitchen and the front desk, where the innkeeper kept tabs of the rooms being sold to patrons. The guest rooms themselves were kept mostly simple, with a bed or two in each room, a washing basin, a chest to hold valuables, a nightstand with an oil lamp and a small wardrobe. A painting containing various locations of Northrend hung over the beds of each room, providing at least some décor to the room. A oak wood menu board could be seen hanging above the bar, containing various food and beverage items available for all times of the day; Breakfast Options (All can be purchased as a meal): Northern Egg Omelets Thick Cut Bacon Blood Sausages Toasted Bread and Jam Fresh Fruit (Apples, Tropical Sunfruit, Savory Snowplum) Mixed Berries (Frostberries, Grizzleberries and Tundra Berries) Lunch and Dinner Options: Steaming Chicken Soup Stewed Rabbit Shoveltusk Soup Northern Stew Emperor Salmon (Poached, grilled, baked or smoked, comes with a side of vegetables and a choice of a second side) All stews/soups come with a bread option of choice; such as Pine Nut Bread, Freshly Baked Bread, Buttery Wheat Rolls, Crusty Flatbread and Moist Cornbread. Mead Basted Caribou Shoveltusk Steak Roasted Beef Sizzling Grizzly Flank Meat options come with sides of bread and vegetables, such braised wild carrots and potatoes. Offered Special: Slow Roasted Wild Turkey Beverage Options: (Non-alcoholic) Honeymint Tea Mountain Water Frostberry Juice Grizzleberry Juice Hot Apple Cider Fresh Apple Juice Sweetened Goats Milk (Alcoholic Beverages) Caraway Burnwine Snowplum Brandy Northern Honey Mead Dalaran Red. Dalaran White The lodge itself welcomed all races and factions, just as long as conflict was avoided, providing fine food and drink, and offering the best shelter from the elements it was able to. ______________________________________________________________________________ (Page 1 of 2)Kailenn154 Apr 12
Apr 12 A Flirt Who Doesn't Cross the Line So, my character is someone I've characterized as "a shameless flirt", but I know how touchy people can get about that. I remember the other night I blew a kiss at someone else because it's something my character would have done, but the guy got mad at me. Since then, I'm not sure how to do this correctly, as even though the guy left me alone after that, I'm afraid that someone else might get more nasty. Maybe some help on this? Ideas? Tips? Anything really.Shuhua13 Apr 12
Apr 12 Cannon characters in backstory/personality? Example: Celinia Is a HUGE fan of ETC (Elite Tauren Chieftain), and she has a major crush on Sig Nicious, to point of turning bright red and becoming clumsy when he as much as looks in her general direction. I'm obviously not going to add anything about him returning any said feelings, as a rock star he'd probably be used to such reactions. With that said, would it be going over the line to say they did have an interaction? Examples: he gave her a guitar pick that she keeps as a prized possession, took a photo with her and autographed it, or maybe he recognized her while out of uniform at Darkmoon fair as "Hey arn't you that Blood Knight?" Keeping everything G-rated as well. Would this be taking things to far into the "Sue Zone?"Celinia26 Apr 12
Apr 12 Bloody body wraps transmog I remember back from my days playing yeaaaaars ago that there was a chest or shirt item that was basically medical wraps with blood on them. Is this item still obtainable and if so where from? Thanks!!Wäsp5 Apr 12
Apr 12 Deleted Seat of Knowledge Forum Archive? Hey guys, I'm going through some old RP stories I've written, and realized that I had left a couple of them on the now tragically deleted Seat of Knowledge subforum. There is one particular piece that holds great value to me, and I was wondering if anyone knew of any archives or places I could otherwise find threads/posts from the deleted forum? I know there is something like that for the BC and Wrath forums. Many thanks!Lorendrethil3 Apr 12
Apr 12 Dragonsworn So ive been looking for awhile on the forums and cant seem to find anything new about dragonsworn rp. I know they are very rare and some people consider it as dragon rp and call it god-modding. I was thinking about making my character one and read that they are usually an alliance race that lives long(so dwarf is a good one) and that even though most of dragonsworns are magi or magical in some way alot of the dragonflights look for warriors or paladins. So my question is how would i start, how would i pick a dragonflight, how would you personally react, and what would i be able to do without it being labeled god-modding?Dolthrain11 Apr 12
Apr 11 Chibis So with all the character art threads, I thought I would put forward my own. I will take the first 5 and try to do Chibis of them. I vary in style and quality as I am a bit of a novice, but I'll try my best. http://zananos.deviantart.com/gallery/40820327/WoW-Chibis-and-Fan-Art One I just did of my dk at work tonight http://zananos.deviantart.com/art/Etzul-Chibi-672244523 Finished: Chibi: http://zananos.deviantart.com/art/chibi-the-maggot-672253419 Cyndilou: http://zananos.deviantart.com/art/Cyndilou-672253579 Morician: http://zananos.deviantart.com/art/Morician-672261266 Rynzy: http://zananos.deviantart.com/art/Rynzy-and-her-succubus-672464826 Alariah's Kashara: http://zananos.deviantart.com/art/Kashara-672465123 Qon: http://zananos.deviantart.com/art/Qon-672472438Etzul18 Apr 11
Apr 11 [HELP] RP + Transmog Artifact Weapon? how you explain for change the iconic artifact weapon for other appearance? please, give me advice. nowadays, is very hard for me change/transmog my artifact weapon. i feel like losing power (weapon power).Albiondragon4 Apr 11
Apr 11 (OOC) RP Servers? I'm in the market for a server with an active RP community, Horde-side, outside of Wyrmrest Accord. TRP/MRP, RP guilds, all that. I'm not asking with the assumption that it exists, I've heard WrA has the most Horde RP, but I don't know for sure. Anyone know anything?Delthras4 Apr 11