Story Forum

Oct 26, 2010 Welcome: Please Read! Welcome to the Warcraft Story Forum! This forum is here as a means for players to discuss the storylines of the Warcraft universe, as told in-game and through the novels, manga, comics, and short stories that Blizzard publishes. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy, so we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct (http://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct) and guidelines (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15252595157) before posting. Important Reminders: Search The search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely effective and robust. Before you create a new forum topic, please be use it to search for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer for which you are looking. Making a new thread on an existing subject can result in your thread being deleted or, if you continue to re-post the same content, the loss of your forum privileges for spamming. Rating The forum rating system can be used to promote positive discussion, demote unhelpful comments, and even report posts that violate the forum Code of Conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with several options, including a "thumbs up" (Like) and a "thumbs down" (Dislike) icon. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon will rate the post up. If enough people like a post, it will gain a Highly Rated status and appear at the top of related search results. Highly Rated posts will also have a highlighted background. Clicking the "thumbs down" icon will expand a drop-down menu which will include "Dislike," "Trolling, "Spam" and "Report" options. "Dislike" will rate the post down. If enough people dislike a post, it will be darkened, and with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden completely. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of a violation. Please note that you can only rate each post once. Use your power wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. While the community team will be moderating this forum as normal, members of the Creative Development team will also be monitoring discussions and looking for constructive feedback. Have fun posting on these forums, and good luck with your adventures in Azeroth!Lylirra1 Oct 26, 2010
Nov 9, 2010 Meet Creative Development What is Creative Development? Creative Development (CDev) is a "hub" within Blizzard, facilitating the development of ancillary products and services that tie into Blizzard's game universes. While there are several different divisions of CDev, this Warcraft Story forum focuses on the efforts of the Publishing division. What does Creative Development's Publishing division have to do with Warcraft's stories and lore? The Publishing division within Creative Development is the driving force behind every published story you've seen outside of the game: short stories, novels, comics, and manga. Who comprises the Publishing division of Creative Development? Publishing is made of two groups: Story Development: This group focuses on story idea creation, story outlining, and story development for licensed fiction, as well as for internally-written stories. Historians: This group is the repository for all Blizzard lore, providing counsel for the game development teams and the CDev Story Development group. What is the Publishing division's usual process for developing a story? Idea Generation & Outline Creation: Working with Chris Metzen and the designers on the respective game's development team, the Story Development team generates an idea and an outline for a story. The writer on the project is typically invited to our offices at this point in the project, so that they can be in on the ground floor of the story's creation. Story Development & Lore Checking: Over the course of the project, the Story Development team talks constantly with the writer, as well as with Chris Metzen and the game developers, in order to help hone the story into a Blizzard-quality tale. At the same time, our Historian team combs through the iterations of the story in order ensure that the story adheres to the universe's established canon. * Please note that the CDev Publishing division has only been fully staffed since early 2009, allowing for more resources and manpower to dedicate to each published product. What does the Publishing division hope to accomplish with this Warcraft Story forum? We'd like to give the community a chance to influence the development of our upcoming stories, so we're trying something new; this forum will serve as a direct line to our story developers. Please note that we're not looking for fully-formed stories - save those for the Global Writing Contest (which we operate and judge) - but rather we're looking for specific examples of what people like, don't like, and what they would like to see (story-wise) from us in the future. Lylirra0 Nov 9, 2010
4d Read This Before You Post For whatever reason, this forum is seeing a massive influx of new posters. Whether it's due to the imminent launch of an expansion (and the tidal wave of lore accompanying it) or just a surge of passion, I feel like I need to reiterate some ground rules and common courtesies. 1). Be Objective! Do not come into this forum and make threads that begin with "So and so is such a terrible character" or loaded questions with heavy bias, i.e. "Why is the Horde so evil?" Doing so is just going to incite other posters an inevitably turn the thread into a flame war. On certain occasions this can also be grounds for disciplinary action. Play nice and keep an open mind. We're here to discuss story elements, not argue over opinions. Try to think like a writer. This is especially true for highly controversial topics like the Forsaken. 2). This Forum Is Not For Fan-Made Fiction! Despite what the name may imply, the Story Forum is not for sharing or discussing fan-made material. It is for discussing officially sanctioned lore/stories only. In short, if it doesn't have a Blizzard logo, it doesn't belong here. That doesn't mean you're forbidden from linking any fiction you may have written (it can be useful in explaining your position on a topic, for instance) or posting the odd paragraph; however, copying large amounts of text or creating threads specifically for any fiction you've written will be deleted or moved. If you want to discuss your own material please take it to the fine folks at the World's End Tavern Forum (otherwise known as the RP forum): http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/1011637/ 3). If You Have A Question, Chances Are Someone Else Has Already Asked It World of Warcraft has a lot of content, and the expanded universe of Warcraft as a whole has even more. However, there are several very popular topics that get addressed again and again. Before you create a new thread please check through the past few pages to see if there's already an existing thread on your topic. Not only does this keep the forum nice and tidy but it benefits you as well. Long threads tend to already have a very healthy discussion of its topic, and you may find through reading it that your particular insight has already been brought up, discussed, and concluded. If not, it's always better to stimulate an existing discussion than to try and start a new one from scratch. Don't worry, those of us who frequent this forum do carefully read each others posts. You don't need to start a new thread to draw attention. Furthermore, the regulars of this forum get very sick of answering the same questions all day long. I know the Search function hasn't always been the kindest tool, but again please take a few moments to quickly browse through the first few pages. 4). We Are Not Your Personal Encyclopedia On that note, this is not a Q&A forum. Think of it like a book club. You wouldn't show up to your group meeting and then start asking everyone what happened in the last chapter. You're expected to do your own research before coming here and opening topics for discussion. If you're looking for some direction there are many very helpful resources at your disposal: The Story Starter Guide, a sticky at the top of this forum. It includes information and links to out-of-game novels that are a great investment if you're interested in the lore of Warcraft: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1008220832 WoWPedia (formally WoWWiki), a crowd-sourced wiki on nearly everything you could possibly want to know about the Warcraft universe. A superb first-stop and excellent reference material for discussions: http://www.wowpedia.org/Portal:Main TvTropes, while not specific to Warcraft or Blizzard, is a great way to familiarize yourself with various writing or storytelling techniques. Potentially confusing points in the story of Warcraft can seem much more approachable when you realize it's all just part of a larger plan, and many posters on this forum like to reference popular tropes. Be warned, this website will devour countless hours of your time: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HomePage That said, if there's something that's notably vague or unclear, by all means bring it up! Just avoid questions that can be solved easier and quicker with a search engine than a forum post. 5). Back Up What You Have To Say Be clear and concise with what you're trying to say and provide as much source material as is helpful. The more information you provide, the easier it will be for others to understand and respond to what you are trying to say. This is especially true for potentially obscure in-game quests. 6). This Is A Warcraft Forum Blizzard has many successful franchises with many rich, engaging stories. However, this is a Warcraft forum. Any threads pertaining to Starcraft, Diablo, or any other Blizzard product aren't allowed. Each of those games has their own forums specifically dedicated for their own lore. The Starcraft lore forum can be found here: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/1324400/ Diablo lore can be discussed on the Legacy Battle.net forum here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/3354994/ 7). Have Fun! This forum enjoys a very close relationship with its posters. Everyone here loves the work that Blizzard does, and on some level yearns to make it better. So be respectful to your fellow posters and don't make inflammatory attacks against Blizzard or members of its staff. This forum has a rather unique dynamic that is much... healthier than other forums, so don't come in here with a poisonous attitude. New ideas or insights are always welcome, as are humor and witty banter. Engage in topics that you find really exciting, but don't openly scoff at those that don't. Don't be afraid to change your mind. The past, present, and future are all fair game. Just be mindful of the rules and common courtesies, and above all else, have fun geeking out. Oh, and the Like and Dislike buttons exist for a reason!Odok115 4d
Nov 9, 2010 Story Starter Guide Looking for more Warcraft information, but don't know where to start? Whether you've played Warcraft I, II, or III, these books will showcase the people and events that have shaped the Warcraft universe over the last few (in-game) decades: Rise of the Horde by Christie Golden - https://gear.blizzard.com/us/category/books-art/warcraft-rise-of-the-horde-book Set before the orcs invade Azeroth for the first time, this story explores what the orc race was like before its clans were forged into a single savage Horde under the influence of the demonic Burning Legion. Part of the novel focuses on the orc Orgrim Doomhammer and his childhood friend, Durotan (who would later become Thrall's father). Other parts of the story depict the aging shaman Ner'zhul; his ambitious apprentice, Gul'dan; the mighty Grommash Hellscream; the wise draenei leader, Velen; and several other significant characters. The Last Guardian by Jeff Grubb - https://gear.blizzard.com/us/category/books-art/warcraft-last-guardian-book This is a good introduction to older human history in Warcraft, with emphasis on the events of the First War (Warcraft I). Medivh, the Guardian of Tirisfal, decides to take on an apprentice: the young mage Khadgar. As time goes on, Khadgar learns that a half-orc named Garona is acting as a secret emissary to the nation of Stormwind. While he and Garona try to reach an understanding, Khadgar realizes that Medivh's behavior is growing increasingly erratic. Ultimately he and Sir Anduin Lothar, the childhood friend of both Medivh and King Llane Wrynn of Stormwind, reach a terrible realization: Medivh, an incredibly powerful wizard, is under the control of Sargeras, Destroyer of Worlds, creator of the demonic Burning Legion. This novel is also in print as part of the Warcraft Archive. Beyond the Dark Portal by Aaron Rosenberg and Christie Golden – Currently Out of Stock in Blizzard Store, but can be found on Amazon.com here: https://www.amazon.com/Beyond-Dark-Portal-World-Warcraft/dp/1416550860 This is a good introduction to Alliance and Horde history during the events of Warcraft IIx. Instead of starting a new war, the shaman Ner'zhul has decided to open dimensional rifts from the orc homeworld of Draenor into fresh new worlds to conquer. Horrified at the possibility, Sir Lothar's former lieutenant, the human paladin Turalyon, leads an Alliance expedition into Draenor to stop Ner'zhul. With Turalyon are the mage Khadgar and the ranger Alleria Windrunner (the older sister of Sylvanas and Vereesa). Alleria and Turalyon began falling in love with one another in the Second War, but Alleria turned her back on Turalyon after the Horde invaded Quel'Thalas and killed many of her people. In the midst of battle on an alien world, can their relationship be mended? And can the Alliance expedition reach Ner'zhul in time to stop the Horde from bringing death and destruction into new worlds? Lord of the Clans by Christie Golden - https://gear.blizzard.com/us/category/books-art/warcraft-lord-of-the-clans-book This story depicts the life of Warchief Thrall, starting only a short while after Thrall was born. Raised among humans as a slave, Thrall became a master gladiator before deciding that he would escape his slavery. The story depicts Thrall's subsequent friendship with Grom Hellscream, as well as Thrall's journey to rejoin his clan and master the shamanic arts. When a disguised Warchief Orgrim Doomhammer provokes Thrall into a challenge to single combat, Thrall fights his first truly momentous battle: a fight whose consequences will change the course of history. This novel is also in print as part of the Warcraft Archive. Arthas: Rise of the Lich King by Christie Golden - Currently Out of Stock in Blizzard Store, but can be found on Amazon.com here: https://www.amazon.com/World-Warcraft-Arthas-Rise-Pocket/dp/143915760X This story explores the life and character of Prince Arthas Menethil leading up to the events of the Third War (Warcraft III) and Warcraft IIIx. As the plague of undeath ravaged Lordaeron, fear and desperation drove the prince to more ruthless measures until he had utterly lost his way. The story also explores the romance he shared with Lady Jaina Proudmoore, in addition to the unrequited love that the high elf prince, Kael'thas Sunstrider, bore for Jaina. The above stories are but the tip of the iceberg.Lylirra0 Nov 9, 2010
1m Jaina a total failure Jaina She is a failure as queen, champion and diplomat making her a complete failure. When the Scourge destroyed Lordaeron, Dalaran and Quel'thalas and all hope seemed lost she determined a strange prophet was correct so gathered surviving Blood/High/Void (and any other flavor of those Elves), Lordaeron Humans, and Dalaran Humans to sail across the great sea to an unknown continent on his vision where she helped at Hyjal then founded the nation of Theramore. However everyone in Theramore besides her was killed making her a failure as a queen. As a champion of the Alliance she failed Good King Varian by allowing him to die making her a failure as a champion to. Then finally as a diplomat she was arrested despite the fact that her mother had the authority to not arrest her or exile her. I seem to see a theme that Jaina is just a failed queen, failed diplomat and failed champion anyone else see her that way?Casina28 1m
1m Can never be satisfied!? Can there be any satisfaction or resolution with the current story? Blizzard keeps dropping hints about a 'what a twist!' moment but I have extreme doubts as to both their capability and set up. Alliance is doing its thing, Horde is doing its thing, and nothing ever is resolved. That's an MMO! Right? But here's the thing. They've set up one faction as the antagonist. AN ENTIRE FACTION. Half the playerbase plays that faction! This isn't the Lich King, this isn't Illidan(so dumb...), this isn't Deathwing, and there won't be any half-!@# measure like the Siege of Orgrimmar. THERE MUST ALWAYS BE A HORDE! I feel that they have written themselves into a corner... How do I combat this frustration? How do I manage my expectations for this game? Why should I have to? Seriously guys, I'm at a loss. How do you deal with this? How do you think I should? Is this another case of subbing only once every six months or so? Waiting to play only when they release some tease that gives you hope? When they unlock the idiotic time-gating? I'm not angry with the Horde, I'm not angry with the Alliance, not even angry. Just... This story isn't satisfying, and I don't think they can make it so. Am I wrong? (really hoping someone can convince me I am!)Sesshomaru26 1m
2m Pandaren in the 7th Legion I geeked out when I saw this, but while questing in Zandalar during the Alliance campaign I noticed that Pandaren (and void elves, and lightforged to a certain extent) had been included in the 7th legion as footmen. I know some people are opposed to the idea but, I've always dreamed of seeing a uniformed "Grand Army of the Alliance" composed of all the races they have under their banner.. and I can't be the only one who wants that. I just hope in time Allied races will take a more active part in that too https://imgur.com/a/KcGqiuBLaureilia25 2m
5m Returning player and the Allied Races problem Hello all. I do not agree with the way blizzard advertised these new races. I was under the impression that the prerequisites would be some quests or new events rather than going back to the previous expansion and farming reputation. Very underwhelming. But FINE. You want to do it this way? Then why in god's name am I given absolutely zero tutorial or direction in how to do it?! I had to research that farming reputation on either faction is acceptable and that as long as I have an "achievement" and 110 character to do the Unlock Quest then I can unlock these new races. But here is a little problem. I have not played this game since WoD, when I first reach legion there is no "*Insert race* Allied Races Intro quest". Instead I have to pick up Legion questlines as if I am leveling a level 100 character to get the quests that send me off to Suramar. After googling the issue what is the solution? WELL. I have to do the intro quest for every region, teleport back to Order Hall to "scout" Suramar which then unlocks a flight pad to Suramar. Then I am dropped off in this region with absolutely zero introduction. zero story telling. Its like I open a book mid way and start reading through it that way. What is the logic behind this? I though this was suppose to explain how I built reputation with these factions to supposedly get them to join me. AMAZING! (/s) But you don't even bother to properly lead us towards the proper Legion questlines and events that are suppose to make this happen? MINIMAL EFFORT BLIZZARD. At least give us the minimal effort. I look forward to how a Blue is suppose to explain this garbage to me.Vilga6 5m
8m Where the heck is the Vindicaar? No, this isn't another "we should nuke Orgrimmar" thread. Those were stupid anyways. The Vindicaar laser isn't a nuke, it's only shown to punch man sized holes in walls. But my point is that's exactly what we need right now. The entire basis for Anduin's current strategy is kill Sylvanas and replace her with a leader who isn't intentionally stirring up unnecessary wars for their own agenda so we can negotiate peace. Wouldn't a weapon that can utterly decimate precise target areas from orbit be incredibly useful for achieving that goal? Find Sylvanas, wait for her to be at least 20 yards away from any Horde leadership we don't want to kill, space-scalpel her to death and call the whole war off. And don't say Turalyon wouldn't want to get involved in the faction war after serving with the Horde on Argus, because his wife already wants Sylvanas dead and removing her as warchief so the Alliance can be at peace with the rest of the Horde is exactly what Anduin is trying to accomplish.Phlynch18 8m
9m Jaina is just as bad as Sylvanas Everybody is so against Sylvanas for the burning of Teldrassil but have people forgotten that Jaina actually tried to do the same thing earlier? She tried to murder the entirety of Orgrimmar, civilians included, with a tidal wave of water elementals and had Thrall not stopped her (almost dying himself in doing so) then Orgrimmar would be under the sea right now. Theres also the purging of Dalaran where she was only going to kick out the Sunreavers but also murdered plenty of civilians and shop owners in the process. She's no angel. Same goes for the bloodthirsty, warmongering Varian. Sylvanas is hardly the worst of everyone.Karmagg80 9m
10m Was Warfang Hold attacked once or twice? As Alliance, you attack Warfang Hold in revenge for Brennadam. You set the buildings on fire. As Horde, you arrive at Warfang Hold on a foothold quest when it is in the middle of being attacked and is actively on fire. My first instinct is that these are the same attacks. The mobs for Horde questing are all named Storm's Wake, which is the Alliance reputation of the not-evil tidesages. However Horde quests also has tentacles attacking ships and the humans being described as unusually crueler than normal. So, is it the same attack and Storm's Wake is inexplicably evil for this one single quest? Or was Warfang attacked twice and it just happened to be set on fire both times? Were the two factions' quest writers just not communicating?Reignac34 10m
31m Daelin did nothing wrong https://i.imgur.com/lMKW7U1.jpg https://i.imgur.com/JK21DPG.jpg Blizzard just cant resists going along with their Horde favoritism. I thought it was pretty cool leveling as both Horde and Alliance in their own zones without much contant, exploring and helping people before the faction conflict escalates in further patches. But nope, Alliance needs to take a few unanswered shots to the body otherwise Blizzard isnt happy. BTW i just got there after finishing Drustvar and Tiragarde and all was going well until the Horde came outta nowhere to RKO the Alliance into the dust... AGAIN. Hopefully this zone can still be salvaged as i want to finish Kul Tiras before engaging in faction conflict.Rodruun64 31m
33m Trolls and Smoking Is it just a joke that trolls are known for smoking weed, or have there been trolls utilizing these substances in lore? This isn't a joke post btw. I'm actually curious.Engosh18 33m
35m Blizz will have plans for Night Elves. (Sorry if the title implied that I have concrete info regarding this, damn title words limits :P) I think that because imo if they truly wanted the Night Elves to remain in irrelevency, they would have killed off Tyrande, Malfurion, or both in the Burning of Teldrassil. If there was any perfect and fitting opportunity for those charcaters to die, that was it. But they didn't, Malfurion and Tyrande are still around. And I think that they are still holding onto them because of Queen Azshara and the Naga's resurgence in this xpac. I am pretty sure the Night Elves still has un-finished buisness with the Highbourne Naga and Azshara. So I think both Tyrande and Malfurion will lead the Alliance against Azshara in the Azshara patch, and the the Nightborne for the Horde.Argronak19 35m
58m Sylvanas is 100% justified. Is she doing wrong things? Yes. However, she can #%@!#!@* and kill every living thing in existence and still be in the morally right. Same goes for Arthas or anyone who goes to "Hell". Why? Simple. Hell is a place of infinite suffering, while any crime she commits is only a finite crime. She has every freaking right to try and escape that horrible place with the only exception being damning others to it. < Which is the worst crime in the universe by far(An infinitely bad crime and the only crime worthy of such a punishment to begin with) To put this into perspective: Imagine someone is being chased by sex traffickers and the only way to escape said sex slavers is push you out of the way. So they push you and then you proceed to call them selfish and "bad" and "Mean". ^ Do you see how selfish that is? So yes, they should literally lay down and let her do anything she needs to do to them otherwise THEY are the immoral ones. Finite crime = infinite punishment is a direct equivalent to 0 crime = finite punishment. Even worse when you consider that if there is a freaking paradise then murder isn't even wrong... >.> And plz try not to bring up religion. Leave it at Warcraft heaven and hell.Asolice34 58m
59m If alliance turned evil and warmongered They would still be the good guys and 100% justified. There can be no peace in our timeMancleave27 59m
1h Should the Horde work with Alliance again? So at this point we have had the escalation of the war has reached a fairly high point where the Alliance have done more damage to the Horde than most world ending threats. At this point I think it's acceptable that the Horde would never work alongside the Alliance again even if a world ending threat loomed to destroy both factions. This wouldn't just be out of spite, but due to the fact every time the Horde does this the Alliance ends up stabbing them in the back. For example you have the incident with Camp Taurajo and the events after with the Alliance forces kicking prisoners in the face until they went blind. You had the entry into Stormheim with the Alliance attacking the Horde forces there. Then against the Legion you had the Alliance blaming the Horde for retreating when it was bad intel from SI7 that led both faction into a Legion trap. The Horde would be better off taking on these threats and fighting the Alliance at the same time so at least they would be more prepared if the Alliance came at them again.Mustakraken20 1h
1h Bwomsamdi's Boss? https://youtu.be/RoStWGOzZYw This was just posted on Wowhead's YouTube. This is the quest where you fight Zalazqne and so on. At the end when you present Vol'jin's urn to Bwomsamdi he gets panicked when he realizes something about Vol'jin's spirit and exclaims that his boss isn't going to be happy. Boss? Interesting. I really hope Ol' Bwom doesn't become a villain but he's apparently an underlying of someone or something. Any speculations? I was thinking what if he's affiliated with Mueh'zala, what if souls pass onto to Bwom first and then make their way to Mueh'zala? God I just hope he's not secretly old God affiliated.Kijarai40 1h
1h That Red Star in the Sky Ok, folks, it's tinfoil hat time! I'm sure many of you have noticed the red star in the sky that is in place of Argus and that this star appears to be getting larger (closer to Azeroth). Any theories as to what is happening? I love lore, but I'm afraid I do not know nearly close to enough WoW lore (spent too much of my time with my nose in LotR books lol) to speculate and I'd love to hear the opinions of others that know more than me. If you don't know what I'm talking about then check out this vid -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzFNffAcC8QIluvatar15 1h
1h Horde and Alliance Writing Teams They really need to step their game up in terms of communication. The lack of it is honestly baffling and just hurts the story even more.Banisha46 1h
1h Why not use the Sunwells power offensively? According to Chronicle volume 1 the Elves had used the Sunwells "Great power" to build Quel'Thalas, erect "marvelous" wonders, bathe the land in eternal spring time, and defeat the Amani Empire (Until the Troll wars.) Now That the Sunwell was restored as both a font of both Arcane and Holy Light, why haven't we seen the Elves do anything with it. Literally all we've seen them do with it is sate their magical addiction, and empower their Paladins and Priests again with Light. If the Sunwell was powerful enough to keep the Amani Empire in check for over 4000 years, and make it eternally springtime in Quel'Thalas, you would think it would be powerful enough to have a significant effect on this faction war in the Hordes favor.Jerillin22 1h
2h Maiev is dumb and I hope she dies Was that brave of me to say, or is this the consensus? (Totally not baiting Maiev fans or anything)Nincaro25 2h
2h Should the Alliance work with Horde again? So at this point we have had the escalation of the war has reached a fairly high point where the Horde have done more damage to the Alliance than most world ending threats. At this point I think its acceptable that the Alliance would never work along side the Horde again even if a world ending threat loomed to destroy both factions. This wouldn't just be out of Spite but due to the fact every time the Alliance does this the Horde ends up stabbing them in the back. For example you have the Wrathgate incident and the events after with the Horde forces attacking the alliance from behind. You had the Entry into the Twlight highlands with the Horde attacking the Alliance forces there. Then against the Legion you had the Horde abandon the Alliance and flee leaving them to die. The Alliance would be better off taking on these threats and fighting the Horde at the same time so at least they would be more prepared if the Horde came at them again.Badmaan100 2h
2h Brennadamn Morality and hypocresy in the use of "lok'tar ogar" aside, what exactly happened there? The Horde sweeps in using the element of surprise, zeppelins, riders, bombs and an azerite cannon- but like 5 quests later Roz tells us the town is safe. Okay, I freely admit that I like to toot my own horn (who doesnt?) but wtf happened there lol? Am I supposed to believe the following? = that Mayor Roz took one look at the azerite cannon and was just like, "Gharion, show these !@#$ing douchebags the door". I calmly nodded my head, slowly took my tobacco pipe out of my mouth and flicked it onto the floor, cracked my knuckles, killed the Horde infantry to a man WITHOUT my artifact weapon, jacked the azerite cannon, killed the zeppelins AND the reinforcements with it? Is the heart of azeroth THAT powerful? I thought that the point of sacrificing our artifacts was to canonically depower us so that any future threats seem believable? Or am i looking at it the wrong way and the Horde just ran to their deaths on Roz's bridge chokepoint while I put out the fires? either way it doesnt make a lot of sense PD: mandatory "the absolute state of the horde" mentionGharion59 2h
2h Is the War Campaign shorter? So apperently I have to do all of Zandalar as my Alliance charcater and all of Kul'tiras as my Horde charcater. Is the questing in each places shorter in the War Campaign? Because really leveling in these continants feels too long.Argronak6 2h
3h Magni's been duped? Impact on BFA? So one of the Old God Whispers that was most intriguing was the one that seems to be amount Magni: "The King of Diamonds has been made a pawn." A secondary prophecy of interest to the discussion is "Her heart is a crater, and we have filled it." If Magni's been duped & "her heart" is Azeroth's, then how much of what we're doing with the Heart of Azeroth is working for the Old Gods? It seems odd that such a central focus of the xpac would end up being "secretly a bad thing". But I'm not sure how else to take it at this point. Thoughts?Lorandor24 3h
3h Should I Play Warcraft I and II? A few days ago I downloaded Warcraft 1 and 2 for DOSBox and its getting a little boring. The reason I started playing was because I thought the games contained a little bit of WoW lore but so far no major characters have been mentioned or anything. The only thing relevant I noticed was when the warchief wanted me to fight in the swamp of sorrows. Honestly, if there is no storyline in it I wont bother so I need to know if there is or isn't. (PS, I've only done the first few levels of the orc campaign on 1 and the first orc level on 2)Bethanol18 3h
3h Story Forum Community Lounge 145 Link to the Archive: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8087929632 Link to the previous lounge: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20766906978 Story Forum Discord: https://discord.gg/nc9stJP 1) The thread must be called "Story Forum Community Lounge" followed by its number. 2) No serious lore discussion. 3) No hating, flaming, or serious debates unless all sides wish to engage in the talk. 4) You must post these rules in the Original Post, so all can see the rules in future lounge.Anelaan57 3h
4h The Horn of Cenarius & BFA I was watching the final cinematic of WC III and it occurred to me..where did it go? why didn't Malfurion use it to blow the horde army up during the war of the thorns? If it can destroy Archimonde at his prime it surely could of reduced the invasion forces to ash.Kairixian8 4h
4h Alliance Context of Dungeons As many of the other dungeons unlock as you progress through the zones, and have story that leads up to the dungeon, which in my personal opinion makes them more valuable as you have lore and reasoning to infiltrate and beat the baddies, why do we not get this for The Motherlode, Temple, and Underrot as alliance, and i assume vice versa for horde, its a bit confusing and off putting to just run dungeons as just the dungeon without any context, did i miss some lore?Chillax1 4h
4h Silvermoon's draconian laws The Arcane Guardians that walk around the city have an automated message they randomly say. One of them is "Obey the laws of Silvermoon, failure to do so will result in termination." From this do we gleam that breaking any law in silvermoon is punishable by death? We also have the famous scene in the Bazaar where 2 elves are speaking out against how things are, and the magisters bring in a priest to mind control them and take them away.Thalassius10 4h
4h The Zandalari are better Night Elves Might be too soon to make that declaration, but from what I’m hearing, the trolls have a balance of ferocity and nobility. Their Loa aid them, and aren’t afraid of fighting their enemies. I’m sure there are some darker sides to the Zandalari, but it’s not as overboard as you’d expect from the other tribes.Arlifrex55 4h
4h Daelin Proudmoore deserved his death Daelin Proudmoore deserved to die and Kul Tirans need to put down the forks and get over it. He was the aggressor and had every chance to come out alive. Jaina didn't betray him, he's the one that came into her city and used it as a staging ground for his own personal war. Luckily, Thrall was the warchief of the Horde or the whole city would have been leveled for giving shelter to an army of aggressors.Patchoulie121 4h
4h Nightborne shouldn't disown Ally characters It feels like a betrayal. I worked my butt off to deliver Surumar from oppression. I helped Thalyrissa, Oculeth and others get their city back. Even if they go horde these characters should not be hostile to the Alliance player character. We have a history you know.Kalorea60 4h
4h Zandalar wildlife? I’d like to see if there’s a reason Zandalar shares a good amount of its ecology with Un’Goro Crater. Devilsaurs, Diemetradons, Stegodons/Thunder Lizards, Pterrodaxes, Ravasaurs, Gorillas. Any reason for this? Other than Un’Goro being where Blizzard put most Dino npc’s before bfa?Khazlei7 4h
5h Canonocity of Transmuting Iron to Gold. We see an npc sells the recipe for transmuting iron to gold for alchemists. Can some alchemists canonically do this? If so wouldn't that make them infinitely wealthy?Alamarius11 5h
5h When did I meet The Honorbound? I’m gaining reputation with this faction, I understand this part. I just don’t remember an introduction for them at any point in questing in BFA. None of my friends do either, and we would have assumed it would have been a significant moment. Am I missing something, or was there just not “here is a special new orc” moment I was expecting?Kavica21 5h
6h Worst Writing in BfA I got it for you right here fam: https://i.imgur.com/od5ERcx.pngRelictor24 6h
7h Future of the Ren'dorei As it has been established, the Void Elves are a rag-tag bunch of exiles with nothing more than the clothes on their back, as well as impending, cross-dimensional doom and madness. They don't have a (unique) culture, or a home. Basically, it's as if the Illidari or Ebon Blade were assigned to be an "Allied Race" as opposed to a faction. What is the future of and for Velfs? Are some of them secretly reaching out to their families and friends in Silvermoon, telling them the benefits of the Alliance, asking them to join them, and all they have to do is embrace the void? When a mommy and daddy Velf love each other very much... what happens? Will this "race" become a thing? Because as it stands, the Alliance has 2 races that are not really races, and if they don't reproduce , thenthey share the same problem as the forsaken..Pyrano28 7h
8h Possible reason for Bwonsamdi? (Spoilers) I absolutely adore what they're doing with Bwonsamdi as this strange, enigmatic and self-serving Loa, without necessarily treading into the area of being antagonistic. Because of his interest in power, the failure of the Zandalar to keep the seal unbroken may be in his best favor. Bwonsamdi has shown a particular interest, almost a craving, in the souls of powerful creatures and people, similar to a collector, or even a culinary taster. Perhaps he wants the seal to be broken, so the adventurers have to go into Uldir, and procure for him the tastiest treat of all: the power/soul of an Old God. Perhaps not necessarily to use for nefarious purposes, but because he wants to "taste it", so to speak. This might not be the case at all, but I would find it interesting to see him trying to line up events in his favor, so that he can consume/gather the most rare prize of all for himself.Grondgelt12 8h
8h New idea for next expansion What if for after BfA they have an expansion based on mere mortals gaining great power and becoming a massive threat? Like some lowly outlaw mages break into the hall of the guardian while most of its people are away, and steal the forge of the guardian, then use its power to grant the expansion main boss guardian level powers. The Lesser bosses could be other people who stole random artifacts that make them powerful.Salandil2 8h
8h Blizz took the best parts of Tyrande... And turned them into Talanji, the Zandalari Princess. How sad for NEs.Krinblock34 8h
9h What if Elune chose the Zandalari? If some lowly, mud hut Dark Trolls can reign for millennia and become that powerful, imagine what Zandalari Elves would've accomplished? I think they would've bought into Sargeras' BS much sooner though.Krinblock11 9h
9h Who leads the force of death? Titans are to Arcane Naru are to Light Void Lord's are to Shadow Sargeras is to Fel Wild Gods/Elune is to Life ??? Is to Death This has to be important as Bolvar Bwomsambdi Sylvanas and Helya are being sneaky.Valinoth15 9h
9h Zandalar Isle has sunken into the sea? And has been since the Cataclysm? And that this was clearly referenced in the Legendary Questline during MOP? Why has no one told me this when I made my "Zone Ideas for Island Hoping expansion" I mentioned Zandalar being the "For Now" Endgame Zone like Suramar, deal with a Naga/Old God invasion of Zandalar. But if that happened to Zandalar, what other isles were affect by the Cataclysm? Other than Kezan?Argronak26 9h
10h When did NEs & Zandalar split? It seems now the Zandalari are now the proto-trolls that the Night Elves split from when before, Zandalari were pretty much just the regular troll model with really pale whitish skin. I did a little read up today and Wiki said the Zandalari existed for about 16,000 years, making their culture 6000 years ahead of the Night Elves. Here's the part where my imagination runs a bit wild wondering what happened in those 6000 years. When did the Dark Trolls split from their ancestors? Who were their loas? Cenarius & gang only came in when Dark Trolls evolved into Night Elves already. How long did the Darktrolls took to become Night Elves? Did Dark Trolls look more like Zandalari or regular hunchback trolls? We know the troll communities are always tight in the sense that their shaman/priest/witch doctor/spiritual leaders have summits annually in Zandalar, so that means the Dark Trolls would be in active participation. Hence, here's wondering, why the Dark Trolls started withdrawing from these summits? The Zandalars being the scholars and lore keepers, knew about the Dark Trolls' change and transformation? I mentioned in another post that in Dire Maul we still have the Shendralar lore keepers, that sounds similar to Zandalar. I'm just very interested to know when the Dark Trolls considered themselves not trolls anymore and moved on to become an independent race. Also where does Azshara and her royal family come in, and how did they ascend to power? I always speculate that it was never pure Dark troll stock in the transformation. There were Zandalari involved too. The main populace became regular Night Elves while the Zandalari being "higher blood" became the royal houses of Night Elf society that eventually became the Highbornes. At first they were spiritual guides and lore keepers known as the Shendralar, and as they discovered more Well of Eternity magics, they started to distinguish themselves more as a separate caste. It would also explain why the Zandalari only has 1 princess heir, much like how Azshara was the only female heir apparent to the royal throne.Alenthinal3 10h
10h Teldrassil, time, and the NE perspective Just wanted to put things into perspective concerning the "huge tragedy" the Night Elves have been through. Quoting Wowpedia: ... Since 4 years passed between the end of the Third War and the beginning of Classic WoW (where we can see Teldrassil is fully grown, Darnassus included), we can assume it only took 4 years for the Night Elves to grow one of the biggest trees in the world and build a city in it. Granted, this was a time of relative peace because the Horde was busy building Orgrimmar and it was lead by Thrall, who participated in the Battle for Mount Hyjal (and must have maintained friendly ties with the Night Elves afterwards). Now I imagine many Night Elves are about 10 000 years old (like Tyrande, Shandris, Malfurion, Illidan, etc.), so 4 years in the life of such Night Elves is 0.04% of their lifetime. To a human living about 80 years, the same (relative) amount of time to rebuild "their city" is about 11 and a half days, a bit less than two weeks. So now, imagine that your city gets completely destroyed but two weeks later, everything is back to normal, is it really such a big deal?Gnomagic29 10h
11h Who Is The Boss? ... Saw this thread in GD. But it really belongs here. Who is the boss?Stinkmeener5 11h
12h Tyrande Hatred Thread Tyrande is a disgrace to all other female Night Elf characters. She has a complete lack of Maiev's relatable wit, Shandris' understandable reasoning, or Jarod's humorous lack of a will to defend herself. Wait, what do you mean Jarod isn't a woman? Are you sure? Anyway, if you share any of these opinions, this is the thread for you. Feel free to use it as the perfect echo chamber to either vent your irrational level of frustration at a fictional character, or your irrational level of frustration at me for insulting a fictional character.Nincaro30 12h
12h Just Imagine... Imagine leaving your family, homeland, and planet to fight a war against an alien force. Imagine fighting a war for a thousand years so that you could protect everyone that you know and love. And then, after a millennia, you have finally won. You conquered the most powerful force in the cosmos and saved the universe, and it is finally time for you to return home. But, then imagine that when you return home, nearly your entire family has been killed, and your homeland has been ravaged. Your people have been nearly brought to extinction, and the majority of the survivors of your people have betrayed the faction that they have been allied with for three thousand and six hundred years, and then joined the very faction that you left everything behind for, to fight against. And to make that worse, your sister has become undead and is the leader of that faction! And, after one thousand years, you finally return to your homeland, and then you, the greatest hero in your people's history, are treated as a traitor and are banished by the current leader of your people. This is the life of Alleria Windrunner.Jawah46 12h