Story Forum

Mar 18, 2015 Whispering Forest? What's the deal with this place. I know its where the Quel'Dorei landed and went nuts but there are a bunch of fey-drunk darters that summon a portal with crazy music. Anyone know the story behind it?Desidarius35 Mar 18, 2015
Mar 18, 2015 Priests... Mainly shadow..does it make sense? Hi, I'm new around these forums but I figured I'd just throw this out there. I don't know if its my ignorance to the lore but I'm trying to wrap my head around spriests. Their ability set seems to be so inconsistent, in my opinion. Why does a once holy-man now embrace so many forms of shadow magic, why not just 1? Example being - They specialize initially on assaulting the enemies mind. I.e. Mind flay, Mind blast, Shadow Word: Pain (which i assume assaults the mind to inflict pain). Then looking at the others like.. Devouring plague where they use some sort of DK-like abilities. Then they are capable of summoning beasts from the void such as void tendrils, shadowfiends (presumably). Their other abilities then transition into some sort of vampirism, which doesn't fit in with the others to me. Vampiric embrace and Vampriric touch being examples. My question I guess is... how to these abilities interrelate with one another, it makes no sense to me. Is there some lore as to why priests some how manage to be 'fluent' in plagues, mental magic, shadow/void magic whereas many other casters in the world can only specialize in one - i.e. fire/frost/arcane/demonology etc etc. Now my friends have given me the reasoning of "they are fluent in all shadow magics" but that seems more of a cop-out rather than the real "lore" behind it. Anyone have some insight? Thanks!Jawohl30 Mar 18, 2015
Mar 18, 2015 Some Tauren Lore bits to nibble on. http://i.imgur.com/kKKUapD.jpg Found this while browsing the web, must of came from a Warcraft III storyboard or idea panel. Some cool stuff to look at. If you're RPing as a Tauren this could give some edge to your story.Littletoke13 Mar 18, 2015
Mar 18, 2015 A new start for Alliance Lordaeron Lordaeron is obviously a sensitive topic to discuss but a popular one. Obviously the Forsaken can't lose Undercity for gameplay reasons unless the Alliance also lost a capitol which seems very unlikely that we would see any type of city swap. But there's more to Lordaeron than Tirsfal. The Argent Crusade has a large presence in the Eastern Plaguelands as we can see they've repaired and garrisoned all of the main watch towers throughout the zone along with fortifying Light's Hope and pushing the Scarlet's from Tyr's Hand. I think out of any zone in the former kingdom Eastern Plaguelands would probably be the best one for the Alliance to settle in since there's currently no Horde presence there. They wouldn't be taking land from the Forsaken but from the remnants of the Scourge or perhaps purchasing it from the Argents unless they hand some territory over to the Alliance which isn't too big of a stretch. Stratholme seems like its going to be the Crusade's capitol in time (If they ever do another revamp or revamp some zones at least) so I don't see the Alliance claiming that but what of Tyr's Hand? Yes the Brotherhood of the Light claimed it but really, it would be the perfect place for the new capitol of Alliance Lordaeron. Perhaps the Brotherhood could even join the Alliance. They're pretty much their own organization within the Crusade so it wouldn't be the entire crusade joining the Alliance but a sub faction of their organization. I was exploring some areas throughout EPL recently and there's quite a few damaged villages that could be fixed up such as Northdale which is north of Light's Hope. Along with that there's also Corrin's Crossing, Terrordale, and Darrowshire. I'm sure there's a few more but those are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head. The Alliance doesn't need to claim them all maybe just a small village or two would be a step in the right direction and could settle the problem with Lordaeron. I think it would be interesting if Corrin's Crossing was a trade town between the Alliance and the Argent's in Lordaeron similar to how Andorhal was. Tyr's Hand is a pretty big town so if something would be needed for the Horde they could fix up Andorhal which they've already taken in Cata. Andorhal is a pretty big town and could be the Horde's counterpart for Alliance gains in EPL. If the Alliance gained anything else in EPL outside of Tyr's Hand as I suggested perhaps rebuilding some of the fallen towns the Forsaken I suppose could build at Felstone field since they wiped out the human farmers that held it.Zolden236 Mar 18, 2015
Mar 18, 2015 Druid moonfire op [funny video] I know that whenever some one posts a video on forums they always get crap talked on for "advertising" or the people say that it is their youtube channle, but this isn't my youtube channle so all rights go to the guy who made this video. Just a funny little video about druids and how i think EVERYONE feels about them! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zuH8srcwE0 Hope you enjoy (:Heealzz2 Mar 18, 2015
Mar 18, 2015 looking at the map... Do yall think the story of Draenor will be over at the end of WoD? I mean why is there a landmass in the southwest? What is this landmass suppose to be? Why wasn't it in TBC at all? Do you think that Blizz will continue the story of Draenor in the next expansion? P.S. - If the story continues, do you guys think we will see AU Azeroth? I think it would be pretty interesting to see it and how different it is comparatively to what we know of our history.Remedio24 Mar 18, 2015
Mar 17, 2015 Do the Titans need the Old Gods? Currently the lore around the origin of the Old Gods is unknown, as well as whether Azeroth was originally theirs, or they arrived after the Titans had claimed it. What we do know is they eventually would be brought into conflict, and the Titans would come out victorious, to an extent. The Old Gods could not be destroyed, only imprisoned. Do the Titans have an ulterior motive to this perhaps? When Nosdormu was given his powers over time the titan Aman'Thul told him "Without the truth of time as it is meant to unfold, more will be lost than you can possibly imagine. The fabric of reality will unravel.", so clearly he has seen what will occur and is telling Nosdormu, to ensure it goes according to the titans plans. I will get back to that in a moment, but first lets look at the things he must have seen. The survival of C'thun, the war of the shifting sands, the creation of the Naga, the war of the ancients which almost brought Sargeras onto Azeroth, Deathwings corruption, the corruption of the watchers of Ulduar, the near release of Yogg' Saron, The Hour of Twilight and the Sha. All of these things are related directly to the very old gods that they claimed to have contained, but seem to know, even as they are locking them away, that these chains were all but specifically crafted to fail. They bestowed the power over time itself to Nosdormu, yet could not use that very same ability, to keep the Old Gods lost inside it, the temporal equivalent of the War of the Shifting Sands bubble around Ahn'Qiraj. The Old Gods will corrupt their creations, and the titans allow it. Perhaps, that is part of their plan? The logic of the titans seems to have been put into question a few times. Charging Neltharion with guarding the earth after burying the darkest beings in the universe while also not doing much to keep their influence in check. They choose not to destroy the Old Gods when they were beaten for the sake of the world, yet having Algalons Reply Code Omega specifically designed to unmake the planet on an atomic level, in case the Old Gods, kind of got free, like during Wrath of the Lich King where Yogg'Saron was able to influence events on every coast of Northrend. Finally, inside Uldum, we have what was described in Cataclysm as a weapon of mass destruction created by the Titans, something you would think they would not want to have lying around, right next to the empire of C'thun. Perhaps, it is not just about the mortal races? Perhaps what makes Azeroth in particular so important to the Titans is not just the mortal races. Perhaps, their grand plan for universal order requires the use of beings beyond it. What hard is there is destroying Azeroth and the Old Gods with it, if they could just reset it again, with only their original plans anyway? The only loss would be the Old Gods, and the races which they partially helped shape. The question is, what could be so dark, even the Old Gods could be seen as a viable ally to combat it to the TItans? Just a bit of speculation on my part though. :PXanestus7 Mar 17, 2015
Mar 17, 2015 The Science of elemental shamans? Hey there boys and girls of the forums. Im currently investing some time to Roleplay as a ele-sham, and I had a basic question to ask. Can shamans in game/in character-ly have knowledge of what electricity can do? Like, Can my shaman magnetize Metal if she gains a degree of control over lightning? (aside from basic "im a shaman lol zap zap") And if so what else could she do? Now, I don't 100% understand shamans either from what I basically understand, they communicate with spirits of fire water earth and storm to gain abilities, but an elemental shaman is weird in my opinion. Do they passively have the ability to control lightning? Make the earth tremble? Any and all Advice on this and other Lore-based/shenanagins are greatly appreciated!Saé15 Mar 17, 2015
Mar 17, 2015 Is Khadgar Medivh in disguise?! EDIT: 2/3/15 Okay so after doing the second part of the legendary ring quest line, it completely confirmed that this is not Khadgar. It's Medivh masquerading around as him for secrecy reasons. Like I had guessed it way beforehand but I can't wait to see this whole Medivh VS Gul'dan thing! Plus, maybe we'll start to see Med'an in here. :D - can turn into a raven - possesses UNREAL power that we've not seen him use until now (ie. during WC2 or in BC) - has Atiesh - has a SERIOUS beef with Gul'dan Seriously, if this is Medivh in disguise, I would lose my mind. That would be AMAZING. And story wise it'd make SO much more sense and play into the whole plot. Like, Medivh is here trying to stop the Burning Legion armies from the timeways from connecting together and becoming unbeatable. Or maybe he's here on some kind of mission to help out Med'an. Which brings to mind... wtf is Med'an doing? He WAS being trained in the Light by Maraad who, oh lemme see, IS DEAD NOW. Will Garona play into this whole Medivh in disguise thing? She'd be further motivation for him to come here since he kinda knocked her up.Heathwing49 Mar 17, 2015
Mar 17, 2015 New Idea for World of Warcraft What if we put a Centaur as a playable character? Yes, they're already Centaurs in the game but it's time to make them playable. The Centaurs would be neutral, just like the Pandas and they would be from a new planet. If you chose to be a Centaur, you wouldn't just be half man, half horse, you be half man half deer, elk, or moose, therefore you could have more of a selection. The quest line would be explaining how they tie into the whole war, and how the Alliance and the Horde have been using the Centaur planet for resources, which gets on the Centaur kings nerves. If you were to choose the Centaur to join the Alliance, the reason they would join that side would be because the Alliance cheated them and secretly stared mining the planets rare jewels, but the Centaur would join that side because of how upstanding they seem. If you were to make the Centaur join the Horde side, the reason would be because the Horde was actually stealing resources but because of their code of honor they told the truth. The Centaur would not be a warlock because of the dark magic usage. Also, the Centaur would be most tied into the Shaman because of they are the closest with nature. If you have anymore ideas to add on to this please do so.Brommer5 Mar 17, 2015
Mar 17, 2015 If You Could Change Anything, What Would You? So when I'm more awake, I'm considering writing a... something. But I'm curious as to how others feel on the subject first. If you could change literally anything about Warcraft's lore and rewrite it, what would it be?Aelamdor74 Mar 17, 2015
Mar 17, 2015 Tresspassing On theFarSide of theLookingGlass "I cant believe we're both standing here, <Name>. It's Draenor...but it's not Draenor. I feel as though we're trespassing on the far side of the looking glass. Let's finish the job and get out out of this place." -Khadgar What does he mean by this? Does he suspect something bad might happen to us if we remain?Dreamspitter22 Mar 17, 2015
Mar 17, 2015 Questions about new paladins Alliance side What order do they belong to? Did the Order of The Silverhand die off with Uther and Arthas? When I say new paladins I mean characters created in the current time line of the game.Caydrin14 Mar 17, 2015
Mar 17, 2015 Strange Race/Class Combinations For example, if I wanted to make a Night Elf Death Knight, how would I go about having it make sense for him to be a DK, and not only, for him to stay relevant in expansions like these. Any suggestions on lore/backstory that would make him be a reasonable character? I'm not really sure how to approach things that are very rare in the lore. Some sample questions: How old would I make him? What would his inspirations be? What would his thoughts on his race be? Would he be more drawn to the current state or have an affinity to the the old empire?Dhanik22 Mar 17, 2015
Mar 17, 2015 How many Hordes must we go through? Old Horde, Horde of Draenor, New Horde, Dark Horde, Fel Horde, Illidari Horde (or is this the Fel Horde?), True Horde, Vol'jin's Horde, Iron Horde, Gul'dan's "new" Horde and whatever else I'm potentially missing. Let's not forget the hypothetical Mongrel Horde and all the other ideas they've spun up. How many more? How many more Hordes must we go through before we're finally settled and we're not making the [blank] Horde the next antagonist? I'm not saying we should be fighting the Steel Alliance or something like that but how far do you think the writers intend on dragging the [blank] Horde and expect us to take it seriously? The amount of times I've seen NPCs yell out that they're the "True" Horde is funny.Tewdee25 Mar 17, 2015
Mar 17, 2015 Demons. How do they work? It's my understanding that Sargeras was tasked with slaying endless hordes of demons before he made them his legion. I have a pretty simple question. If the titans didn't create demons and demons were around far before them. Who or what created demons?Aulgrenn25 Mar 17, 2015
Mar 16, 2015 Non evil hero class I know it's a little late, since we have the lvl90 boosts, but i think we need a non-evil hero class. Death knights let you skip vanilla, and that nice, but it also requires you to commit atrocities to play. I want to skip vanilla, but I also don't want to be a monster. Any ideas for a hero class that doesn't involve being evil?Phlynch56 Mar 16, 2015
Mar 16, 2015 Can I Keep Leorajh? I want him to travel with me forever, even after this expansion. Please, Blizzard? Can I keep him?!Dhanik21 Mar 16, 2015
Mar 16, 2015 Are we ever going to see... The island capital of the Orge Empire, or has that gone the way Non-Ashran capitals and the future Netherstorm questing zone?Richforce24 Mar 16, 2015
Mar 16, 2015 Were in a paralelelel timy-whimy-world... And Pandas generally don't care what faction you're from as long as your not a ahole yet I see Goats hate me for being a panda... I'm assuming this is more of a mechanics issue than lore issue.Sohai5 Mar 16, 2015
Mar 16, 2015 Book Order? I saw this post http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8048395461 and saw that the Arthas book (WC3/Third War) before the Cycle of Hatred (Pre-Vanilla). Is the Arthas book before Pre Vanilla? Or should I read the pre vanilla before the Arthas book?Henamshox4 Mar 16, 2015
Mar 16, 2015 I..can't believe I never noticed... So. in the ocean behind Auberdine, we have a small island... On that island is a destroyed human house, with a destroyed row boat, and it's old.. I wonder what the story is.Feraliona23 Mar 16, 2015
Mar 16, 2015 Questions about Blood Curse and MU Fel Orcs Ok, so..... 1. So when Grom killed Mannorth, he not only freed the fel orcs of his clan, but broke the blood curse on the rest of the orcish race (minus the frostwolves). However didn't the blood curse go away from many of the orcs, after being put into camps? Sure some still had it, such as Grom and his clan. But I wonder how the death of Mannorth is supposed to affect all orcs, when a lot of the orcs were not feeling the effects of the blood curse after the lethargy that was experienced. 2. Why is it when Grom killed Mannorth, his clan ceased to be fel orcs, but when the pit lord, Magtheridon was slain, orcs that had become fel orcs because of his blood, still existed? 3. Why when the warsong clan became fel orcs, they basically became brainwashed to serve the burning legion, but the fel orcs created on Outland, were not loyal to Magtheridon, and instead Illidan? And many of the outland fel orcs didn't just have red skin (like the warsong clan had), but had spikes, etc. Though even though many were more demonically corrupted, they still were not loyal to the Pit Lord. 4. Are the fel orcs only able to be created through a pit lords blood, or would any demon blood do? Because after Mahtheridon was killed, we were still fighting fel orcs. Of course maybe its death just prevented more fel orcs from being created, and what we fought were ones that already existed at the time of its death. 5. Do you think there could still be MU fel orcs still alive in present day WoW? I think the last we saw of them, was in a horde questline in Catacylsim. I do hope we get to see them again in small numbers, in future lore. If I have said anything wrong about lore, let me know.Jadonie4 Mar 16, 2015
Mar 16, 2015 Night Elf City 10,000 Year Abandonment I was thinking about the huge amount of unclaimed NE ruins in so many zones. Why haven't the NEs made any real effort to reclaim them? NEs had fully populated cities all over the world a mere 10,000 years ago. Their capital blew up, and the remaining population all retreated to Hyjal. The men went to sleep for 10,000 years and their society stagnated hiding at the top of the mountain. After WC3 though I feel like they could have done more to spread out and take back more of their cities. This is not the greatest thread idea I've ever had, just something I was thinking about due to talk in the "Alliance suck!" thread.Threeslotbag40 Mar 16, 2015
Mar 16, 2015 What was The Isamar? So I was running the dwarf path, working on the lore master achievement and I ran in to a town called "Thelsimar". So I got to wondering what if the town was really named "The Isamar"? what would the Isamar be, and why did it warrant a town named after it? Let the Wild mass guessing begin! Edit: THIS IS A JOKE. please only reply if you have some humorous fake lore to contribute.Phlynch21 Mar 16, 2015
Mar 16, 2015 Is the war in Ashenvale actually over? So I am leveling a Horde character, who is going through Ashenvale right now. I know you all know how this makes me feel, but I'm writing this because the quests appear to have been updated for Warlords of Draenor. Remember the defense of Splintertree Post? This time we were fretting about what Vol'jin would do if he found out. This appeared to either be an oversight or the work of ctrl+f, but then I turned in "All Apologies". I am copying the text on this one from the game ... Dead Head Redemption: ... Missing from this is any hint of concern over the base conflict itself. But with this in mind I flew back, killed off Durak and flew back. When you turn it in he just confirms that he was a threat, but the whole matter of having Vol'jin involved concerns me. Yes, phasing would be problematic, but so is this update. it raises questions about the state of the conflict, and the back and forth nature of it could have been merely removed. So is the war actually over?Kyalin295 Mar 16, 2015
Mar 16, 2015 Blood Sucking Vampiric Race I want a playable blood sucking vampiric race. Does anyone else? P.S. @Mugtha :^) And ya, screw you downvoters. bunch of vampire haters.Felendren55 Mar 16, 2015
Mar 15, 2015 Old God Theory : Sporelings Was in Pinchwhistle on an alt to get the Salvage Yard blueprint and it made me think about the various spore organisms that are rising up from what will eventually become Zangamarsh. At first, I assumed that those spore organism were part of some sort of water-based version of the Botani, but then I started drawing more and more parallels between them and minions of the Old Gods. For one, these organism seems to be mostly parasitic in nature, invading other ecosystems and life-forms through assimilation. This shown several times where goblins, orcs and draenei get corrupted after suffering too much exposition to said spore. This is not unlike the way the Old Gods have been shown corrupting or taking direct control of other life-forms through organism like the Merciless Ones. Also, I have to wonder, why would the Titan bother making some sort of water-based version of the Botani when they already possessed a land-based form that may or may not have been inferior to the spore peoples. Furthermore, it is rather unclear whether their invasion of Highmaul might not have been prompted by the actions of the Pale Orcs and Cho'gall as opposed to the Iron Horde's juggernaut. It stand to reasons that the Iron Horde would have visited Highmaul a number of times before then without ever drawing the ire of such individuals as Brackenspore. Another thing that makes me suspect Old God involvement is the way the Sporeling appear to evolved into an entirely different species that is actively at war with the Fungal Giants. Given the fact that Draenor was torn asunder by the reckless magics of Ner'zhul, you might have to wonder whether the Old Gods native to Draenor (as seen in the quest within Shadowmoon Valley where the Arakkoas summon a being very similar to an Old God) might have been entirely destroyed in the process. In fact, it's not unheard of for races which were corrupted by the Old Gods to end up actively opposing them, much like the Humans, Dwarves and Kval'dirs did. If we take into account the fact that we have been shown proof of the existence of a water-based Old God with N'zoth and also include the theory that Lady Vashj and her Nagas were actively digging through Zangamarsh in the hope of unearthing something valuable, we've got ourself a very likely explaination for the behavior of the spore people.Mugtha7 Mar 15, 2015
Mar 15, 2015 Anyone else noticed a pattern with Jaina? I always felt there was something wrong with Jaina's storied history with almost every man she's shacked up with, and not too long ago, an observation from a friend of mine confirmed it. So, what do Kalecgos, Thrall, and Varian all have in common with Jaina? She's a shadow of other blonde and dead women in their lives. And there's also the ugly little detail of all three of them brushing her off and insulting her, but hey, that's how the primary protagonist men in WoW roll, amirite? And then we have the others in the form of Kael and Arthas who, while they did not possess the aforementioned dead female plot device, they were pretty creepy considering they all ended up as raid bosses that wanted to destroy the world for their own specific reasons. So, I propose the only way to save Jaina is to have her dump the lizard (her shacking up with him never sat well with me in the first place) and go full lesbian. Granted, if Kalec becomes another raid boss, it's not like we'll lose anything of value, but still, it'll get annoying when people will automatically blame her for him going stupid. And people *will* do that. Yes, this is a stupid thread. I'm the first to admit it, but what the hey, it's not like we got much else to talk about aside from how prone to stupid decisions orcs are.Dallanna48 Mar 15, 2015
Mar 15, 2015 Horde Pandaren and ingame lore and mentions I play a Horde panda. ... Obviously. After the hell the Horde put Pandaria through including the near-beating to death of Ji Firepaw, are we ever given a reason anywhere at all in quests or NPC dialogue, why the Wandering Isle pandaren are still with the Horde? Saying 'oh it was GARROSH'S horde' is splitting it mighty thin as you're doing his bidding right up until the end of the expansion, including the pandaren who join up and the new Warchief. Are there dialogue in quests somewhere I missed, or from NPCs in Draenor that I haven't come across, that explains why the Pandaren are still there? Even an offhand mention by a panda standing around saying they're lingering for friends or Orcish beer is best beer, or anything at all? I'm looking for in-game quests or NPCs or dialogue that mention it, not player-based assumptions or decisions.Janequin95 Mar 15, 2015
Mar 15, 2015 Draenei in Frostfire Back when WoD was announced, we saw a cinematic where a supposed Draenei Rangari ambushed a Frostwolf warrior or shaman within Frostfire. Since then, the only evidence of Draenei being in Frostfire at all, is from slaves within the various Bloodmaul settlements. Which makes me wonder, were the Draenei meant to appear in force within Frostfire at some point? Or is there some sort of Draenei/Frostwolf conflict going on behind the scene?Mugtha10 Mar 15, 2015
Mar 14, 2015 In WOW, Order is Evil. Viva Chaos! The Burning Legion exists to bring Order and Peace to the universe. Sargeras got annoyed at his worlds of perfect Order being crapped up after he left, so he decided the only way to make a universe of perfect Order was to cleanse it of all messy life first. The Titans, who are less blatantly evil are rather creepy in their heavy-handed "Ordering" of the universe. Their Watchers keep trying to destroy our planet on the Titan's behalf because the mortal races don't fit the Titan's plan. It seems almost certain that when we meet them, it will be as adversaries while they are wiping out messy species like us.Threeslotbag35 Mar 14, 2015
Mar 14, 2015 Rockworms and Rylaks: An unlikely Connection Was doing my daily at Stonefury today. Killed a rockworm. Nothing special. Looted it. It had a Rylak Egg! You know, the cooking ingrediant. Why does a rockworm have a rylak egg? Did it eat it? Is it a rylak in disguise? I kid you not. I looted a rylak egg from it. No dead rylaks around for miles.Vesiana12 Mar 14, 2015
Mar 14, 2015 How does the story of WoW work? hello i am a newbie and have a question that i can't seem to find a answer for i hope i can ask it in the right way. If i played as a character from vanilla am i starting from the beginning? Will i play all the story line quests the game has to offer? What i mean is will i go through and take on all the major bosses that players fought sense the release of the game? I know that there have been a lot of things removed completely throughout the games history but as an example....if i started as a Pandaren will i be able to fight the old gods that have been fought and will i be able to go to Northrend and play the Lich King story sense the land of pandaria was found after the events of "Wrath of the Lich King"? or is it all in realtime and sense the panderans didn't join the world until after the Lich King was killed am i just out of luck on that adventure? I guess what im trying to ask is how does the story of WoW work with the expansions?Tyronos6 Mar 14, 2015
Mar 14, 2015 Lanoroths story. Born on a chilly fall night in the lands of Hillsbrad Lanoroth son of Ralore. His father was a blacksmith who died when Lanoroth was very young due to illness and mother could not support him. So Lanoroth left hillsbrad at the young age of 7 and headed north to the city of Dalaran where he lived off stealing food. Soon he was found by a Dalaran Archmage Vargoth who quickly enrolled him into the schools of magic. He was average in his class up through his graduation where he mastered in the ways of frost. He then traveled to Stormwind and joined their army as a mage. The 2nd war then broke out and he soon found himself in the middle of a falling city where he and the remaining army retreated to the kingdom of Lordaeron and joined the army of the newly founded Alliance of Lordaeron. He fought the rest of the war against the horde. Soon after he returned to Dalaran and was invited to join the Kirin Tor. He worked as a low ranking mage guarding the city. He worked his way up through the ranks of the Kirin Tor. Then at the age 54 he was summoned to Northrend to fight the war against Arthas. He was a war hero and proved himself worthy to become an Archmage of the Kirin Tor. The years to follow he sought the wrath of Deathwing and was at the Battle of Orgrimar right down to Garrosh Hellsceams fall. Now as the present threat of the iron horde Lanoroth is currently one of the top commanders of the Draenor campaign.Lanoroth2 Mar 14, 2015
Mar 13, 2015 Tauren Chieftans ... Alliance knockoff? The Darkmoon Faire isn't exactly the crux of the overall story, but sorta fun nonetheless. I don't usually listen to the song, but it is fun to see a band comprised of Horde characters. This has probably been asked a few times in the past, but was there ever an Alliance version of this Darkmoon Faire band? Probably not the most necessary, but it would be fun to see the developers take on what an Alliance band would even sound like. I wasn't a fan of the "alliance song" from Blizzcon 14. I doubt they would be playing metal. Would they play ska, techno, or even classical? What would it be called? Dwarven Thanes perhaps? Draenei Vindicators?Goredeth25 Mar 13, 2015
Mar 13, 2015 which book would YOU pick? I have some iTunes credit and I would like to get a few WoW audio books. Which would be the (3) books that you would recommend? I have read exactly NONE of them.Kodexx2 Mar 13, 2015
Mar 13, 2015 Slightly more Blizz/MVP participation here? We've lost a very potent WOW lore-examining site recently (simply because the head of a corporation could make it so), and although those that wrote for it are trying to resurrect, it still shows a large gap in the ability to follow WOW lore now. It'd be more fun if Blizzard staff participated a bit more here. Thanks!Trilha10 Mar 13, 2015
Mar 13, 2015 Frostfire Ridge - Iron Wolf question So, I've played through the Horde story in Frostfire Ridge a few times now on different characters. I have a question about the Iron Wolf storyline. You fight alongside Ga'nar as he kills the "Sons" of the Iron Wolf, because the Iron Wolf killed his father. But then later you find out the Iron Wolf is his brother... and it's a surprise, not just to you, but also to Ga'nar and Durotan. So, the sons of the Iron Wolf are Ga'nar's nephews. Which is all well and fine, the family fight is a compelling enough story. But did Ga'nar really not recognize his nephews when he was killing them earlier? It seems very odd that after seeing the sons of the Iron Wolf were his nephews that he wouldn't have realized the Iron Wolf was his brother. Or did I miss something?Lorsaire11 Mar 13, 2015
Mar 13, 2015 Alliance are THE REAL ENEMIES! Why does the horde get a bad rap? The Alliance are the main reasons we have to fight some reality shattering enemy after another. Medivh and Azshara? A human and a night elf who single handedly brought the Legion to our doorsteps? Arthas? Lich-King? Human who created Sylvanas, a corrupted prince who put Azeroth in danger. Illidan? A night elf who, like the others, coordinated with the Legion and was an enemy. Who comes to the rescue? Thrall - an orc. Where is the Alliance? Standing behind the horde as the horde leads the way. What has Varian done besides done just stand around and show us his mad face (umadbro)?Codevich164 Mar 13, 2015
Mar 13, 2015 Next Night Elf Class (Lore) If night elves were to get a new class, which would you want it to be? Warlock, Paladin, or Shaman? Assume, for the sake of this topic, that "none of the above" is not an option. And this would be for the lore reasons of the class, not any gameplay reasons. For example, warlocks might be an option since night elves have been recently practicing arcane magic, which historically has led to demon summoning amongst the Kirin Tor and the high elves. It was also the original reason for demon summoning, back before the Sundering. Demonology warlocks would also have access to a lot of Demon Hunter abilities, which is traditionally a night elf role. Paladins are essentially "priests with a sword and shield", which can easily apply to priestesses of Elune. While Tyrande is more a hunter/priest combination, and human paladins are usually more warrior/priests, there's no reason why a new generation of the Sisters of Elune couldn't begin wearing heavy armour, grabbing a Sentinel's glaive, and begin blessing people in the face with a sword. Shamans seem difficult to me, but given the close proximity of the Draenei and the night elf's friendship with the Tauren, it wouldn't be difficult for them to be taught how to commune with the elements. They already do very similar things when communing with nature, after all. Any thoughts?Tahlavin96 Mar 13, 2015
Mar 13, 2015 Favorite members of each playable race Human- Arthas Dwarf- Thaelin Gnome- Don't know Night Elf- Illidan Draenei- Yrel/Maraad/Maladaar/Velen Worgen- Don't know Orc- Gul'dan Troll- Vol'jin Tauren- Cairne Undead- Sylvanas Blood Elf- Don't know Goblin- Don't know Pandaren- ChenMythelm48 Mar 13, 2015
Mar 12, 2015 Stuff You Want to See... ... Even if it's only barely plausible. For me, I'd like to see the mogu, or at least some of them, join the Burning Legion. They're Titan constructs. They had a job. But the Titans abandoned them. Ra-Den did nothing. The Thunder King took his shattered people and formed an empire, one of the greatest the planet had ever seen. How did the lesser races repay them? By overthrowing their rule, and nearly destroying the place with the Sha. Surely there's at least some of them jaded enough to consider Sargeras' dream of conquering the universe and enslaving lesser races to do their bidding. It might even make a plausible lore point for contention... something similar to the Elite vs Brute conflict in Halo 2 and 3, only it's Mogu vs Eredar. Would've been even killer if it pitted the Thunder King against Kil'jaeden, but alas, he's loot fodder. ~~~ Another interesting idea I had involves seeing other races joining the Alliance and Horde and having minor but vocal parts in story. Such as having some Yaungol join the Horde, and seeing the three-way interaction between them, the Tauren, and the Taunka. Or seeing more humans that aren't Stormwind or Paladin aligned. I feel that WoD did a good job of including such groups in the garrison plot, such as the Dark Iron dwarves, goblins, and blood elves. I just want to see it go further. ~~~ How about you guys? Any other plausible ideas you'd like to see?Vesiana54 Mar 12, 2015
Mar 12, 2015 6.1 Cinematic *Spoilers* Personally, i like that one of the warlords defected instead of getting stomped instantly in the first raid tier content (and dungeon). Did anyone else reckon Kilrogg saw the future that he was better off with Gul'dan? Makes sense. Also how did the drug dealer got his blood from? From the same pit lord leftovers or different? Has Kilrogg eye always been red or? Video link is : https://vid.me/r3uTKelsaki256 Mar 12, 2015
Mar 12, 2015 What is next? Lets face it. We have gone to outland, Taken out Illidan. Gone to Northrend and ended the reign of arthas. The cataclysm struck and we killed Neltharion. They added the pandarens. Of the lore from the original 3 warcraft games, who is left for us to go after. If it is not Azshara which would be mostly underwater zones, (which i loved by the way) . So what could be next?Obuold14 Mar 12, 2015
Mar 12, 2015 The Quest-Givers are the Real Enemies Think about it, the quest givers are evil! They have copious amounts of gold that they willing offer us in exchange for murder and mischief. Need someone dead? Just offer a handful of gold or a shiny new pair of boots and you've got people lining up to kill the person you want dead. Some of them are so evil that they return daily to get us to kill even more people for another sum of gold. Rise up, heroes! We must save the world (of warcraft) from the evil quest givers!Lorelaî12 Mar 12, 2015
Mar 12, 2015 Favorite Under-rated Lore Character I figured I would just throw this out there and see what people come up with. Most lore characters have gotten a lot of lime light (ie Arthas, Thrall, Varian, Tyrande, Kael) But what I'm talking about is the second in command guys. The one that you loved and thought was really cool but just was under utilized. My favorite was Kel'thuzad, I feel like he was one of the more bad !@# undead out there. I mean he was an incredibly talented mage and member of the Kirn Tor. He pretty much gave all of them the middle finger when they kicked him out and started mastering Necromancy. He started a massive cult with a little help from the Lich King and did right under the nose of the entire government of Lordaeron. When he was finally faced with death by Arthas he egged him on and said: "Naive...fool. My death will make little difference in the long run...for now...the scourging of this land...begins." The guy had no regrets as a human and no issues being an undead. List of accomplishments: Scourged the lands of Lordaeron Created the cult of the dammed Plauged all the grains of Lordaeron Assisted in corrupting Arthas Mastered Necromancy Was reborn as a power Lich Summonded Archimonde the Defiler Kept the forces of the undead together while Arthas was in Kalimdor Assited Arthas in slaughtering the humans Saved Arthas from Sylvanas Kept the forces of the undead together while Arthas was in Northrend Truth be told Arthas would have been lost and never would have become as powerful as he did if it wasn't for Kel'thuzard. But that's just me, so what is you favorite under-rated lore character and why?Riverrun46 Mar 12, 2015
Mar 12, 2015 Magister Krelas Something I've been wondering for a while, and I can't seem to find anything about it anywhere. Magister Krelas is a Sin'dorei of the Kirin Tor you can recruit as a follower in Talador, if you select an Arcane Sanctum as your outpost out there. What does this mean in regards to the Purge of Dalaran, the Isle of Thunder, and the events which unfolded there? Is there anything out there, or are we supposed to just speculate on this?Elenie28 Mar 12, 2015
Mar 11, 2015 Lore fail: Harrison's replacement This BE is thinking "Why don't Horde give their powerful artifacts to the Reliquary?" http://i.imgur.com/FHyoX62.jpg When a hordie recruits Harrison Jones, he's replaced with a member of the Explorer's League. We are fighting in Ashran over a powerful artifact, but the Horde give every other powerful artifact they find on Draenor directly to the Alliance?Threeslotbag26 Mar 11, 2015
Mar 11, 2015 Orc Priest?(Possible backgrounds) Sadly, like Gnome hunters, orc priest may never see the light (lol) of day. That doesn't mean its an impossibility, nor does it mean it's lore breaking either. There are a few orcs already in game that (surprisingly) at least function mechanically as priest. Coldmine Survyors- http://www.wowhead.com/npc=13537#modelviewer Kil'sorrow Cultist- http://www.wowhead.com/npc=17147#abilities Hellfire Watcher- http://www.wowhead.com/npc=17309#abilities Shattered Hand Neophyte- http://www.wowhead.com/npc=19410#abilities Shattered Hand Acolyte- http://www.wowhead.com/npc=19415#abilities Deathshadow Acolyte- http://www.wowhead.com/npc=22341#abilities Cabal Acolyte- http://www.wowhead.com/npc=18633#modelviewer:10+0 So we can see that it's possible for orcs to wield Holy magic. What do you guys think can lead us to having orc priest if you can imagine it can happen?Murphio53 Mar 11, 2015