Story Forum

Aug 22, 2014 Can Blood Knights... Do Blood Knights even have the option of outright pulling the Light out of the Sunwell without actually worshipping the Light anymore? I haven't played Horde in the beta for WoD, but I've heard that Liadrin is attempting to be a nice person to the Draenei. Would she, or any Blood Knight higher ups, get pissed if some other Blood Knight still didn't use the Light through faith but by pulling the Divine magic straight from the Sunwell? I'm curious because outright using the Light without faith sounds awesome to me; adds variety.Vardrid11 Aug 22, 2014
Aug 22, 2014 Thrall, the protaganist of warcraft(spoilers) So we know Grom will be the final boss... Will thrall, the protaganist of warcraft, be there to fight along side the heroes of the horde and alliance?... again. three expansions in a row. A bigger question, why does Warcraft need a protagonist? EDIT: First of all, there were spoilers in the OP and i didn't indicate that initially. I apologize to anyone who had story spoiled. I feel terrible. Seconly I think Healstime, the gnome below this post, put it best. To me Warcraft was and is more appealing when it world builds cultures and peoples in a fantasy world. Not super heroes.Steppenvwulf50 Aug 22, 2014
Aug 21, 2014 Dark Simulacrum Now I have been using this beautiful spell in arenas for a bit, and it is pretty cool to use. But I have been wondering, where is the lore for this spell? Do DKs wield enough power to actually cast the spells that that the most skilled magic users can? Or is this just a thing that is only there for entertaining duels and arenas with not too much lore justification.Bladehymn16 Aug 21, 2014
Aug 21, 2014 Scourge Vs Old Horde. Who wins? Edit: I mean essentially the horde from WC2. So.. demon blood,Grom,forest trolls and all that junk. http://wowpedia.org/Old_HordeQualkehk80 Aug 21, 2014
Aug 21, 2014 Gul'dan Is anyone else a bit disapointed in how they have presented Gul'dan thus far? I don't feel as if he is being portrayed as the super evil and powerful bad !@# that he is. I am not playing the beta and am just going off of footage i have watched so far, but he doesn't seem to be living up to the hype they have spent all these years building around him. If I am wrong please feel free to let me know. This is the first expansion i am not really super hyped to play for some reason. I would love a good reason to buy the expansion.Menagarie16 Aug 21, 2014
Aug 21, 2014 Wolves Something has been confounding me recently, and that is the existence of the same species on two different planets, namely the wolves. What world are wolves native too? Draenor seems the most likely - after all, you see wolves everywhere in Frostfire. It is very possible that the orcs had brought wolves with them to Azeroth, but that doesn't explain the large presence of wolves on all continents, tauren with "...wolf," in their last names, Goldrinn and the worgen (originally night elves who taken the form of wolves), and the domestication of the dog on Azeroth. So, how can this be explained?Gilaras49 Aug 21, 2014
Aug 21, 2014 Will The Emerald Dream Save Azeroth After WoD Hey guys. I wondered if somehow the Emerald Dream could become the next expansion due to the nature of what may happen (in theory) with Warlords of Draenor. By the end of this new expansion could we get to a point where we need access to the emerald dream for some power or even help against what is to come say if we defeat the iron horde but the burning legion are beginning their conquest of azeroth?Kageai8 Aug 21, 2014
Aug 21, 2014 Can Blood Elves be dark again? ...'cause their story arc is making them into total Goody Twoshoes Dranei sidekicks. Don't get me wrong; with the way the story has been written it makes sense that the Blood Elves would feel they owed the Dranei. But I liked Blood Elves a lot more when they were relentless, vengeance-driven magic junkies. Now we're all reformed and nice. It's lame. We need to capture another Naaru or something and go back to getting our magic straight from the source. Edit: when I first rolled this character I loved the idea of a paladin who felt betrayed by the Light and so forced it to serve her, rather than the other way around. I thought that was a cool reinterpretation of the paladin stereotype that had gotten kind of stale. And seal of blood, which was then only available to Blood Elves, symbolized the ruthlessness of the Blood Knights perfectly.Carmageddon143 Aug 21, 2014
Aug 21, 2014 New 'Gorehowl' http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2014/august/axe_2h_gorehowl_d_01_hd.jpg Thoughts on this 'gorehowl' lookalike? I recall Garrosh using the normal looking one at WoD, so could it be just a replica for his father?Kelsaki15 Aug 21, 2014
Aug 21, 2014 why so much hate towards hybrid characters And this goes beyond RPing as a special snowflake. I know most of the RP community hate those half dragons out there. But honestly, ignore these people and bring me legitimate reasons on why to hate half breeds or even characters who master more than one class. Rexxar is one of my favorite characters in the Warcraft universe and I haven't met anyone who dislikes him despite him being half orc half ogre. He has a nice back story and character development as well.Aiória26 Aug 21, 2014
Aug 21, 2014 Blood Knights and the Light I know the Blood Elves had been forgiven by the Naaru after the sunwell, but I am curious. How do they wield the light now, do they channel it through the sunwell or does the light actually heed their call like it does for a Dwarf or a Tauren?Lumen8 Aug 21, 2014
Aug 21, 2014 Soo much lore.. where to start? D: Hey! Ill cut to the chase. Lately, Ive been having an absolute blast with Warcrafts lore, to the point of wanting to roll alts purely for story purposes, and actually, you know, READ the quests. I work at a book recycling warehouse where anything and everything gets donated, and not too long ago I found a copy of Warcraft 1, and Warcraft 2, and this got me thinking.. Just WHERE do I start? There are novels, WoW quests, the original RTS games... I just havent a clue where to even start. :c Any advice would be welcome ^-^. Thanks! <3Aryys6 Aug 21, 2014
Aug 21, 2014 Peaceful, Violent Orcs I'm a huge lore nerd, and I was a fairly young man (around 16 when Warcraft: Orcs and Humans was released); I loved the game and was a fanatic about Tides of Darkness, so I am very much looking forward to Warlords and seeing those Orcish champions of old tearing through World of Warcraft while in their prime. What I don't understand, and that doesn't seem to have ever been fully explained, is how the Orcs were said to be a peaceful, Shamanistic race before the Blood Curse, but pretty much everything set before the First War shows that the Orcs were already a militaristic and violent race before demon corruption. I understand that they lived on a harsh planet with hard enemies like the Ogres to contend with, but if the Orcs lived peacefully with Velen and his people for years, even intermarrying with them, how could Garrosh and Grommash convince the Orcs to slaughter them in an act of genocide when it took nothing less than the power of demonic corruption to turn them against their friends the first time? The altered timeline really seems to pose more questions than it seems to solve so far. Anyone got a solution for that? Be interested to hear your thoughts.Erondy16 Aug 21, 2014
Aug 21, 2014 What's up with the Forsaken and Elves in WoD? I'm just of curious as to what the Forsaken, Blood Elves, and Night Elves will be up to on Draenor. I think I read something about Lady Liadrin and Lillian Voss having some involvement in WoD, but that's about all I know. Please feel free to spoil anything and everything for me. :)Maleratha18 Aug 21, 2014
Aug 21, 2014 [Warlords Spoilers] - Titan Lore So for those who don't know, when you get to L100 you start getting "Garrison Campaign" quests that are part of the endgame storytelling engine. They are time-gated, so you don't get them all at once. So far I'm at 7 / 12 campaigns since the last character wipe. Anyways, during the "Heart of the Breakers" campaign, you are told that the Iron Horde is hunting for a powerful artifact. At the end of the campaign you find the artifact; "The Heart of Gorgorek". Gorgorek is located in NW Gorgrond, seemingly inactive. He's huge...in the screenshot below you just see one of his hands. He has the title "The Worldrender" if you mouse-over him. He has a small army of inactive "Ancient Gronn" around him. Screenshots of Gorgorek and his "Heart": https://twitter.com/Crim_IRL/status/498022409489108992 https://twitter.com/Crim_IRL/status/502140968720949249 Judging by the runes and general look of that "Heart", Gorgorek (and perhaps all Magnaron?) are Titan constructs. There is also this artifact buried within the "Vault of the Titan" in Nagrand that you uncover during normal questing, with no specifics given about it: https://twitter.com/Crim_IRL/status/498854467232890880Crimstaff20 Aug 21, 2014
Aug 21, 2014 Garrosh's mom Anyone know what happend to her?Duntao81 Aug 21, 2014
Aug 20, 2014 Steamwheedle Cartel If you could be the leader of a new Steamwheedle Cartel city, where would you build it and how would you make money? I like the idea of expanding Mudsprocket for trade or racing boats in Thousand Needles.Yiffi5 Aug 20, 2014
Aug 20, 2014 Hypothetical question about the Warcraft AU So Warlords of Draenor obviously takes place in an alternate universe where the timeline didn't go exactly as our Azeroth's timeline did (let's make it extra nerdy and take a term from Star Trek and call it the prime timeline). In the prime timeline of Azeroth, the orcs came to Azeroth roughly 30-35 (592 in the King's Calender for you timeline buffs) years before MoP, correct? Looking at the Unofficial Timeline on Wowpedia ( http://wowpedia.org/Timeline_(unofficial) ) that would put the timeline of WoD roughly at 623 of the King's Calender. So anyway, what I'm getting at is say there are a number of orcs that were old enough (assuming orc memory works like human memory, where memories formed become easier to recollect roughly mid-adolescence) to remember the opening of the Dark Portal and the orc flood into Azeroth. That would put the orc in question at about 45+ years in order to remember those events at the beginning of WoD. So if the orc in question goes back to the alternate universe Draenor, would it be a possibility for the orc to meet a younger, past version of him/herself in Draenor? And for bonus points, what (if any) weird paradoxes would you think could to start occur due to the mishmash of timey whimey stuff going on? This hypothetical is just for fun and not meant to be taken too seriously, so keep that in mind when you post your responses.Xein6 Aug 20, 2014
Aug 20, 2014 After we come back from Draenor What if we came back from Draenor, and the Legion invades,what can we do? If the Horde and Alliance are stil at war when they come, we are screwed,so what will you do when the Legion comes? Hide or Fight?Varrox16 Aug 20, 2014
Aug 20, 2014 How Does Outland Still Exist? If the Outlands are the remnants of Draenor, how are they both going to exist in the next expansion? Shouldn't Outlands cease to exist if Draenor is still intact? http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2014/august/newWorldMap.jpgDeolynx7 Aug 20, 2014
Aug 20, 2014 Why didn't Azshara invade in Cata? The Naga were aligned with Deathwing. With the Horde and Alliance entrenched in war and the Twilight Hammer and other forces attacking Azeroth, it was the perfect time. The Naga did attack the Horde and Alliance in Vashj'ir as well as Neptulon. However this was clearly a small force compared to Azshara's massive Naga armies. If Azshara was an ally to Deathwing, why didn't she send her armies to invade the mortal lands when she had the chance when she was "supposed" to (of course Azshara is fiercely independent, but meaning if she allied herself with someone it would make sense if she fully devoted her forces to it)? You can say that she is still "gathering" her powers, but she is already extremely powerful and her armies are plentiful.Dranath22 Aug 20, 2014
Aug 20, 2014 Garrosh Must Be Older Than Thrall I'm not sure if this is something people already know, but after thinking about the cinematic I came to the conclusion that Garrosh must be older than Thrall. I say this because Thrall is green and Garrosh is brown. Garrosh was born before the orcs drank the blood of Mannoroth and so he was never corrupted. However, Thrall was born after Durotan drank the blood, and following the cinematic it appears Grommash Hellscream would have been the first orc, apart from Gul'Dan, to drink the blood. So Garrosh is born, Grom drinks the blood, Durotan drinks the blood, Thrall is born. It had to happen in that order assuming Thrall is only green because his father was corrupted.Neoxide21 Aug 20, 2014
Aug 20, 2014 Azeroth ''B'' is doomed. from /r/wow Hello all i have just finished reading something pretty awesome I saw over at reddit.com/r/wow http://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/2dm6sr/azeroth_b_is_doomed/ Thoughts?Thunercloudz62 Aug 20, 2014
Aug 20, 2014 Whispers Will the work of the timeless unravel the chains? They grasp at the light, but stumble into the forest. The black light wakes the fallen. Iron rusts. Flesh dies. Nothing remains but the madness -------- The idea here is to try and create Old God whispers themed around the Iron Horde. Typical Old God-style foreshadowing, things they might whisper in regards to the Iron Horde. Give it a shot, see what comes out. And don't give goofy responses, I want to see real effort.Dathrel8 Aug 20, 2014
Aug 20, 2014 WC3 Hero Names Lets track down all the NPCs that use them ingame, and figure out what hasn't been used yet, and how best to integrate them into the story. Ingame: http://www.wowpedia.org/Kelv_Sternhammer http://www.wowpedia.org/Sindweller http://www.wowpedia.org/Akinos http://www.wowpedia.org/Banehollow http://www.wowpedia.org/Aurius http://www.wowpedia.org/Dalar_Dawnweaver http://www.wowpedia.org/Shadow_Hunter_Mezil-kree http://www.wowpedia.org/Lord_Maldazzar http://www.wowpedia.org/Orbaz_Bloodbane http://www.wowpedia.org/Lord_DarkscytheMutterscrawl34 Aug 20, 2014
Aug 20, 2014 "Players may not go to Farahlon.. during this expansion, it depends on if the content is relevant to the expansion." Assuming this is not just because they don't want to develop Farahlon, it could mean that the two universes converge. Many have stated that this expansion feels like "filler" material and that going forward, we should forget it ever happened because of all the wibbley wobbley timey wimey. I can't think of any other reason we should have to go back to a conquered planet that doesn't even exist in our dimension. Interesting choice to continue development on WoD material through it's successive expansion though, if that's the statement Chilton is trying to make. Another theory is that one does not simply leave Draenor. Maybe things got too real back home while we were gone. Azeroth might not be the place we know by the time we get back and Draenor will have to be the staging ground for our final stand against the legion. http://youtu.be/9ORybHF7UDU?t=8m35s Starts at the brief discussion of Farahlon.Dayfall26 Aug 20, 2014
Aug 20, 2014 All World of Warcraft Lore - In chrono order So... I have been a WoW player ever since vanilla, but I find myself falling behind in terms of Lore - every time a new expansion releases as I'm rushing to hit level cap and explore end-game content. What I would like to get out of this topic is: A list of ALL Warcraft / World of Warcraft Lore books (No comics, please,) in chronological order. I've also heard to throw in Day of the Dragon before the others as it shifts timelines and it would make more sense... So, ANYONE who has read ALL the books, or just has GREAT knowledge of them, could you please provide me with an UPDATED list? As I cannot find and updated list anywhere on the web... A list, or a link to a list that is completely updated to this very day. I would so greatly appreciate it if someone included Warlords of Draenor Lore books so I can be all caught up before the release of the new expansion. Thank you, and have a wonderful day! ~NickRèshákä2 Aug 20, 2014
Aug 19, 2014 Gul'dan I posted this in the warlock forums as well, but then I realized I might have posted it in the wrong forum so I am going to post it here too. I've been doing quite a bit of reading on Gul'dan. I knew a little bit about him from playing WC and WCII back in the day when it was released but I wanted to learn a bit more about him and his history and whatnot. One question I still have: If Gul'dan subscribed to a particular spec...what would he be? Destruction or Demonology? I ruled out affliction cause there really seems to be no evidence that that would be his forte but I could be wrong.Archaon2 Aug 19, 2014
Aug 19, 2014 So will any of this matter after the expack? Honestly, if nobody comes back with us to the main universe, and lets be honest something dumb like that will probably happen where the BDF says "hurr durr we can't keep them in our timeline or else some other time related garbage will happen that will ruin the lore more than it already is." Which raises the question: if we don't come back with anything of significance, then what is the point? I'm not trying to get all meta with you guys, I know its a game none of this really matters. But in the in-game perspective what is the point? What could they possibly do to make the other timeline significant to us after this expansion? I doubt they'll let us bring back Durotan and Grom and reunite the super friends just in time for us all to have a big cross dimensional hug and defeat the legion. Because blizzard likes wasting lore potential like that. With that being said, what other things could they write in to make this universe matter? Or are they thinking that they're blessing us with the grace of garrisons and that's why we should care, because we built up our little farmville houses and that's important to us?Medipimp6 Aug 19, 2014
Aug 19, 2014 Fate of Gorehowl? So what happened to Gorehowl after Garrosh abandoned it in the Vale? Since "someone smart" took Frostmourne "somewhere safe" could i similar thing have happened to Gorehowl too? I might have missed Jaina or Lor'themar picking it up after we defeat the Sha.Mungard14 Aug 19, 2014
Aug 19, 2014 Should the AU Legion ever be shown post-WoD? When WoD is finished, should that be the end of us seeing/encountering the AU Legion? Or should these alternate versions of our mortal enemy show up again sometime in the future? Should there be any interaction with AU Legion members in the MU universe, or should they only stay in their world? What do you think of interaction between members/followers of our Burning Legion, and the AU ones (I do wonder how either side would react if they found out an alternate version of their faction did exist)?Jadonie11 Aug 19, 2014
Aug 19, 2014 Compare each Sha with a lore character! Read the title. I'll go first. Pride: King Varian Wrynn Anger: Grommash Hellscream Despair: Sylvanas Windrunner Fear: Deathwing Violence: The Lich King Hatred: Illidan Stormrage Doubt: Garrosh Hellscream (In Garadar)Engosh7 Aug 19, 2014
Aug 19, 2014 Wrathion. I don't like him Is it me or does this guy rub you guys the wrong way.Sooyungwu73 Aug 19, 2014
Aug 19, 2014 Where was Hellscream? I just finished rereading Tides of Darkness but I didn't see any mention of Grom Hellscream or the Warsong Clan. Where was he during all of this? Was he with Doomhammer? Was he helping out against Quel'Thalas? Aerie Peak? I ask because I'm a roleplayer and my Orc Warrior is from the Warsong Clan, he fought under Hellscream throughout all the crap up until Grom died, but I feel like it would leave a big gap in my warrior's story during the time of the Second War if I have no idea where my own character was.... I have a feeling the answer is somewhere in Warcraft 3 Orc campaign, but I don't remember much. Also, were there only 13 Paladins at the time of Lothar's death or were there more? Because in the book it says there were the 13, but I don't know if Uther expanded the Order of the Silver Hand throughout the Second War.Canjin3 Aug 19, 2014
Aug 19, 2014 Can the Orcs ever be likeable again? I liked the Orcs in WC3, but somewhere in the middle of Wrath they turned into short-sighted racist dirtbags. From the Broken Front to WoD, we've had 4 expansions in a row where the Orcs seem to be pretty much the worst people in the world. Watching the WoD cinema almost gives me hope, as they seem thoughtful and heroic in it. Sadly, I've played through WoD beta, and the Orcs in it are stereotypical honorless monsters for the most part. As people have said in other threads, I wish Garrosh had travelled back to Draenor with pure intentions of saving his father's honor, and redeeming the Orcs. The "Cinema Garrosh" seems like a cool Orc that I could actually like. Instead we are just going to kill them all.Threeslotbag95 Aug 19, 2014
Aug 19, 2014 Most Orcs Fought For the Rebellion: Confirmed ... From Bashiok, 14 minutes ago, general forum. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/13841334060?page=4 ^ ThreadMakazi173 Aug 19, 2014
Aug 19, 2014 Ideas/Suggestions for future expansions, Here is the link from the old forum, Just wanted to keep this conversaiotn up :P http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=27749515729&sid=1Warrickale18 Aug 19, 2014
Aug 19, 2014 The Church of the Light and Magic What exactly is the Church of the Light's opinion on the Arcane? I have heard mixed ideas upon the general view point of the Church and Magic in general. Is it hate? Acceptance? Anyone got a solid idea?Aureá0 Aug 19, 2014
Aug 19, 2014 WoD Beta Thread 6 (spoilers) Alpha Threads First thread: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/13021652623 Second thread: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/13088048930 Third thread: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/13205160512 Fourth thread: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/13246304764 Beta Threads First Thread: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/13273047336 Second Thread: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/post/133462740707 Third Thread: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/13508190719 Fourth Thread: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/13595099579 Fifth Thread: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/13595419768Falrinn500 Aug 19, 2014
Aug 19, 2014 Lords of War spoiler indication? Is it just me or this new animated series is showing major indication who of the main orcs in WoD will survive or at the very least LAST much longer than the others. My first reason being why they will last longer than the other warlords is obvious, screen time. Hence the reason why the animated series is only for and not the other warlords: Kargath Bladefist Kilrogg Deadeye Grom Hellscream Durotan While Grom and Durotan always had screen time, considering their major importance (one being a final boss, the other being the father of the most well-known green orc), its understandable they can't be killed off easily otherwise people would get pissed, especially when people are already ticked off Grom is the final boss. As for Kargath and Kilrogg, since they were always minor characters (they still played some role in the original timeline of course), it would be fair they get more time to live and perhaps end up joining the Horde as respectable orc leaders. There is already proof Kargath does not die in the raid he is in and Kilrogg doesn't play any major roles yet. Perhaps Blizzard is figuring out a way to make Kilrogg more interesting like bringing that SON of his (Jorin Deadeye) who has been standing at the same place since BC do something? Now in terms of the 'warlords' or other orc figures who aren't mentioned is probably due to several reasons. I also believe these orcs that weren't mentioned in this animated series will likely die sooner due to the fact that Blizzard wants some orcs to die to make Alliance happy and some orcs live to make Horde happy. Now if we look at each of these orcs: Blackhand - Now this is strange for Maraad not to mention the orc who was the probably the main figure as he was Warchief during the original time-line. We do know however, he is very likely to be dead in the first raid (there are these quest items that indicate he is dead for good). Orgrim Doomhammer - This guy wasn't a major figure back in the original time-line to the Draenei to begin with but he did play a major role later in Azeroth. Its already confirmed that he dies early due to the irony of him and Blackhand. Gul'dan - This guy in no way would be considered as a warlord in the original time-line as he was that 'shadow' that controlled the warlords such as Blackhand, hence Maraad not talking about him (its likely Varian already knows crap load about Gul'dan anyways). I strongly believe this guy will be that hidden 'boss' with Grom that we might end up killing since he considered dangerous always. Nerzhul - Last time i checked, he wasn't really a warlord during the original time-line due to Gul'dan screwing him over and he only made his move much later in the story, ending up being the Lich King. There is no way Maraad would know Nerzhul or Gul'dan because they weren't the major threatening figures who showed themselves. Its unknown if he actually dies but we do know near the end he isn't considered a warlord due to his failure against the Alliance therefore he won't be a major role compared to his counter-part. Azuka Bladefury - Perhaps she never played a major role in the original time-line hence there is no mention of her. I believed it would of been good for her to be in the animated series since we have no idea what she is about. Perhaps she is Mankrik's mother or something lol? Out of all the warlords that weren't shown , it will be a shame if a female character only came once in a expansion and then just dies. Keep in mind Maraad is basing these stories from the original time-line, so things may be slightly off. But what I am saying is that these characters who are in the animated series will likely live to get approved by the Horde players while others such as Blackhand will die in order to make the Alliance happy that they get to get some good old revenge.Kelsaki4 Aug 19, 2014
Aug 19, 2014 AU Grom in the new trailer Does he seem too big and too buff to anyone else? He has always been described as being fairly small and thin, so much so that when he makes one of his trademark war cries, the volume and power are extra shocking. He also seemed to be too old. When he drank the demon blood in the Rise of the Horde book he was in his late teens or early twenties if my memory serves. The AU version seems to be in his late twenties or early thirties. anyone else get that feeling?Juibloc6 Aug 19, 2014
Aug 18, 2014 Alliance reclaim Stromgarde. We need a sub plot that involves the Alliance players making a dedicated push to reclaim the "origin" of the human nations on Azeroth in the reclamation of their Ur Kingdom Strom, later Stromgarde. It would be a simple matter have Danath return to Stormwind and learn the full effects of the wars after Beyond The Dark Portal had on his home kingdom and the fate of his relative Galen. He would rally an army, likely with much resistance from both Wyrnn's because reasons, and sail to Faldir's Cove to act as the initial staging area to push for the Refugee Pointe and then Stromgarde itself. Rogers would take the Skyfire in a moment of "Screw the Rules I'm Doing What's Right", despite orders to the contrary from Varian. And she would get rather zealous in her securing of Arathi by destroying Ogre Hold after Ogre Hold and demolish every Witherbark Troll settlement on their maps. Halford Wyrmbane would lead a brigade to assault Hammerfell and destroys the settlement utterly, many named NPCs survive, Gor'mul and the Black Bride are not among them. Faced with annihilation the Ogres, Witherbark, and Defilers unite and regroup at Thoradin's Wall to mount a counter-attack. Meanwhile Danath is busy contending with the various criminal groups all vying for control of Stromgarde when the Forsaken make a dedicated push into Arathi from the West now supported by Ogre's, Trolls, and their own troops. The counter-attack is halted, at great cost, and the Thoradin Wall is still controlled by the Forsaken but a no-mans land exists between the two sides as no one faction has the manpower to push trough and hold the line with enough force to make any gains worth the cost. Alliance reclaim Stromgarde, creating a port city in the north of the EK and continue to weed out the undesireables while securing Arathi, from Forsaken spies to common bandits, and the Forsaken gain a massive army in the Ogre warbands and Witherbark Tribes (Those remaining in Hinterlands join out of desperation for protection from the Wildhammer) and are now a credible threat without the writers having to rely on Idiot-Balls and Deus Ex to explain their continued existence. AB goes to the Alliance and exists in BGs as non-canon. Forsaken continue to hold their gains in Cata. Everyone wins.Nalithen291 Aug 18, 2014
Aug 18, 2014 Can Jaina and Kalec have kids? What the title says. The dragons lost their immortality and the two have shown former aspects can date mortals. So is it possible?Dranath49 Aug 18, 2014
Aug 18, 2014 How did Iron Horde bridge OUR Azeroth? One aspect of the WoD events that I'm curious about is how exactly the Iron Horde was able to reach us from AU Draenor. 'Duh, the Dark Portal!' Yes I know that part, but how exactly were they able to synch theirs to ours? Was that ever explained?Andarin1 Aug 18, 2014
Aug 18, 2014 Will we tell Draenor about Outlands? As we enter the Draenor, will we tell the people we encounter about their alternate history. - Hey Ner'zhul, you become the lich king - Guldan, you get torn apart by demons - Watch out for that burning legion, they cause trouble Will any one from Draenor come to Azeroth and then go to outlands to see an alternate version of their future?Vivax35 Aug 18, 2014
Aug 18, 2014 Wrathion risks bringing Legion to US? Okay, so while it's mostly speculation, most signs based on the War Crimes book and events of 5.4 is that Wrathion is the one that has planned the Iron Horde's invasion of Azeroth. Wouldn't a plan such as this be incredibly risky considering the big Burning Legion influence on the other side? I mean, here we have Wrathion, whose life goal is to stop this incoming Legion by any means necessary and he opens up a portal to a land ripe with Legion influence. Wouldn't it be ironic if someone like Gul'dan stepped through to OUR Azeroth from Alternate Draenor and began spreading demonic influence in this side of the fence, when Wrathion's goal this whole time was to stop something like that from happening. I mean I guess it would create quite an interesting scenario, but I'd like to think Wrathion would be smarter than to put our world in this situation.Chackiejan25 Aug 18, 2014
Aug 18, 2014 War, Peace and..Wut? The Sylvanas portrayed in War Crimes seems to be headed down the path of another former Horde racial leader and I wonder how many times we can use this dynamic to perpetuate a war. Let's backtrack a little. The Alliance was originally formed to combat an evil alien threat. The Horde we know today, aside from a fascist leader here or rogue sub-faction there, is not evil. The Horde formed out of necessity/survival. They succeed in that regard unless a previously mentioned fascist leader or rogue sub-faction ruins their day. For the most part, each side has little to worry about from the other. I ask then: What do you, as a member of your faction, require from your "enemy" to attain true peace? If that's too absurd, then why should we remain at war? (In b4 cuz pvp is fun) Let's identify the nature of the dividing force between the Alliance and Horde. Is it philosophical? Cultural? Political? Perhaps it's a wound from a prior war that's simply too deep. Hopefully in the process we can help reform each faction's mantra. It's long overdue.Dayfall0 Aug 18, 2014
Aug 18, 2014 Love the Ogre architecture Seeing the architecture of the Gorian empire, even in some decline, is really awesome. The huge, rough-hewn stones laid together really looks like something built by a massive concerted effort, but also by creatures who are giant and somewhat imprecise. Reminds me a little of Cyclopean masonry (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyclopean_masonry) which is an ancient Mycenaean style with a lot of similarities, named so because strength to raise stone towers was traditionally ascribed to Cyclops. That's a really cool inspiration the art team took, even if not directly :)Applebomb1 Aug 18, 2014
Aug 18, 2014 The Infinite Dragon flight? So, I've been wondering ever since the end of cata, now that the aspects lost their powers, how can nozdormu become murozond? he wouldn't be able to change the future to escape his death because he doesn't have power over that anymore so i'm curious as to what he meant "One day, I will fall to madness, and you, heroes, will vanquish me."Rafas4 Aug 18, 2014
Aug 18, 2014 Battlemages Where are they. I want one. I love the whole Wielder of The Arcane bit, but mages are too squishy. Can't we get some plate wearing mages up in here? They can't be like pallys but with a purple theme and Mage-type powers. I'm not a lore expert so tell me if they'd be lore breaking. I just thought they were a thing and with the Kirin-tor being a squarely alliance allied organization shouldn't they be an option? The same goes for the Sunreavers.Glandin8 Aug 18, 2014