Story Forum

4d Star Augur... He gives a clue about what 'the future' entails that we apparently are fighting to protect, yet what spawns are similar creatures to N'Zoth style entities... There was another boss with similar notations to it, is this a window into future events or merely just lore fodder?Cåskade4 4d
4d How Much Does the Horde Know about Legion? What do the events of Legion look like from a Horde perspective? How much does a typical member of the Horde know? What about Horde leadership? Obviously they are aware of the initial Legion assault. They are aware of the counterattack that ended in a debacle and the death of Vol'Jin. Are they aware that the Alliance blames the Horde for that debacle, or that SI7, who planned the attack, were being manipulated by a dreadlord? They know about Stormheim and Genn's attack on the Forsaken, along with the events leading up to final confrontation between Sylvanas and Genn. And the Blood Elves, at least, know about events in Suramar culminating in the Nighthold raid. But other than that? Emerald Nightmare, Broken shore, ToS, and now Argus are pretty much Alliance only. What does the Horde think is happening?Carmageddon81 4d
5d New leaked info on Windrunner reunion Holy crap, guys, it's happening!! https://imgur.com/a/RevWpAeriyn7 5d
5d Why isn't the story told like FFXIV After playing the new expansion stormblood. I have to say blizzard has failed to deliever any piece of engaging story content in wow. FF XIV devs put a lot of engaging story content in their games and actual characters you care about. I don't care about none of these charcters in wow. They need more cutscenes and the story needs to last a whole longer then it does and especially Legion has failed this so far.Demotrax37 5d
5d Orc Racial Leader Saurfang Still pretty standard model, has some cool armor but needs more... this is considering how long he's actually been in warcraft lore for STILL HAS THE SAME GENERIC ORC VOICE... it annoys meSolahr60 5d
5d So... Where's Jaina? Any hint so far to where she went after being pissed at the Council of six for accepting the horde back in Dalaran and being pissed at pretty much every Alliance leaders for saying "no" to go to war against the horde?Azhalar26 5d
6d The Beautiful Destroyer (Short Story) Vrak1 6d
Oct 16 The Fate of the Demons - or- RIP Warlocks? It's pretty much been established that "demons" are just species and peoples from various worlds who have been infused with and succumbed to the Fel. It's also been established that, with the defeat of Aggramar, demons will no longer be able to regenerate in the Twisting Nether. So, are demons almost exclusively tied to the Legion? Are Warlocks summoning Legion demons? If we defeat the Legion, will warlocks still be able to summon them? On a larger scale, will demons now be "free"? Will Azeroth, being, basically, the last free world, see a free-demon refugee crisis?Flintlox20 Oct 16
Oct 15 Horde Story! When is the horde going to be added to the story?Therogg382 Oct 15
Oct 15 Updated Chronological order of WoW Novels. Alright after several hours of scouring the web I have tracked down what I am extremely confident is the full chronological order of the WoW Novels for anyone who may wish to catch up on their lore. I am not going to include the mangas,short stories, etc. on the list at the moment this is purely just the novels. (Most people including myself recommend reading them in this order as well) 1. WarCraft Chronicle Volume 1 2. Rise of the Horde by Christie Golden 3. The Last Guardian by Jeff Grubb 4. Tides of Darkness by Aaron Rosenburg 5. Beyond the Dark Portal by Christie Golden & Aaron Rosenburg 6. Day of the Dragon by Richard A. Knaak !! The War of the Ancients Trilogy takes place before Rise of the Horde but it is highly recommended that you read it after having read Day of the Dragon which is why I have the trilogy listed as 6,7,8 instead of 1,2,3. 7. War of the Ancients: The Well of Eternity by Richard A. Knaak 8. War of the Ancients: The Demon Soul by Richard A. Knaak 9. War of the Ancients: The Sundering by Richard A. Knaak 10. Lord of the Clans by Christie Golden 11. Of Blood and Honor by Chris Metzen 12. Arthas: Rise of the Lich King by Christie Golden 13. Illidan by William King 14. Cycle of Hatred by Keith DeCandido 15. Night of The Dragon by Richard A. Knaak 16. Stormrage by Richard A. Knaak 17. The Shattering: Prelude to Cataclysm by Christie Golden 18. Wolfheart by Richard A Knaak 19. Thrall: Twilight of the Aspects by Christie Golden 20. Jaina Proudmoore: Tides of War by Christie Golden 21. Dawn of the Aspects by Richard A. Knaak 22. Vol'Jin: Shadows of the Horde by Michael A. Stackpole 23. War Crimes by Christie Golden Important if you plan to purchase: There are three books that will include 3-4 stories in one book I am adding them to this to help you save money so you can buy one of these rather than purchase each book individually. The name of these are: 1. World of Warcraft: Chronicles of War - Includes Rise of the Horde, The Last Guardian,Tides of Darkness, and lastly, Beyond the Dark portal 2. World of Warcraft: Archive - Day of the Dragon, Lord of the Clans, The Last Guardian, and lastly, Of Blood and Honor 3. WarCraft War of The Ancients Archive - Includes WotA(War of the Ancients): The Well of Eternity, WotA: The Demon Soul, WotA: The Sundering Extra things worth noting Several times throughout the books some of them will reference events in the other books that arent necessarily in the chronological order of which the book was published hence why this list was created to help clean that up a bit for your reading pleasure. However if anyone wants me to add the date published of the books happy to do so. If you have any other info you think I should add in that people should know please leave a comment and I will add it as soon as I can. Happy book hunting and enjoy the reading! :) **Rendford in the Story Forum made a post with this link and figured since this is a novel post afterall why not add it here for you guys to get a taste of the new book Illidan by William King which takes place after the events of Arthas: Rise of The Lich King and goes into detail Illidans plight in Outland. Its the prelude and chapter 1 of the new book enjoy! http://www.randomhousebooks.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/WOW-Sampler_INTERIORforcampaignpage.pdfMicrostealer61 Oct 15
Oct 15 Examples in Lore of Changing Race? Hello, Story Forum! Today, I'd like to ask if anyone knows of any examples in lore of a character's very race being manipulated or changed into another one entirely, magically or otherwise. I have seen such things occur in RP and, although the idea does intrigue me (I have a rather eccentric technomage), I am one to try and play as safely with the lore as possible. Any examples for or against this sort of occurrence are greatly appreciated!Kai14 Oct 15
Oct 15 Warlocks Question How do each race of warlocks view demon slaves/servants as? For example, how do Blood Elf Warlocks view their demon pets/slaves as in comparison to Human or Orc Warlocks? Are the Elves more straight up professional with their demons? Such as, do they view them just like tools to be used or can they grow compassion for them just like certain human warlocks have in the past? Are the Blood Elves magically superior or more intelligent in the sense that they are not easily compelled or convinced by demons to do certain things whereas humans or dwarves or orcs might be easier bait or easily compelled by the demons since they are not magical affinity beings like the elves are therefore have limited knowledge of magic and resistance to demonic influence? Do demons have a less chance to convince or compel a blood elf over any other azerothian race?Gurutikka7 Oct 15
Oct 16 the funny stor of my ig/irl hi guys I made my hunter a guild master his story has a funny twist to it he ends up have erp with a dwarf noble lady and now thay have a child on the wayRickkelly11 Oct 16
Oct 15 Good/moral choices has kept Azeroth alive Just something I have been pondering on for a while. In Galactic Civilization the "good" choice was always a short term loss for a long term gain. Basically, being good is suppose to have a cost. That is part of the reason many people dont do what is right. Similarly, many of Warcraft's characters have done things that in the short run, were bad for their people, but in the long run has probably helped save all of us. -Ner'zhul, yes he was blinded by Kil'jaeden's promise of power, but in the end he did warn Durotan of the demon blood, which ultimately saved him from being a slave to it. -The Internment camp. Terenas decision to create the internment camp has always gotten flak from people. Some say he should have kill all the orcs. Those who are fans of the orcs feel he tried to enslave them. When in fact Terenas wanted to rehabilitate the orcs and hopefully make them productive members of the Eastern Kingdoms. Inevitably, that caused alot of probably for Lordearon because it did lead to rebellion from the orcs. But ultimately, that action allowed Thrall to create a new Horde and help save everyone from the Legion in Warcraft 3. -Malfurion. I utterly hate Malfurion because his inactions did lead to Leyara losing her kid. Having said that he at least did it for the right reasons. He wanted the Horde's help to save Hyjal.(doesnt make him any less of a jerk and someone the night elves should remove from a position of leadership) -Varian not letting Thrall execute Garrosh. That one decision is affecting all of us up until now! It was because of him that both the Iron Horde and now the Legion is invading. But if we are blame him for it, he also needs to be credited. That chain of event is now leading us to the point where we can actually destroy the Legion. In away forcing the Legion hand was to our benefit. If the Legion had abit more time they would SPOILER have corrupted all the titans and we would all have lost. Also the timing of the invasion also means we get to save several worlds from the Legions flame.Zerde15 Oct 15
Oct 15 Garona lore? Im wondering whats going on with Garona. More specifically, are there 2 Garona's now? I havent played a Rogue in Legion, but I think she is a Rogue follower? Is it the AU Garona we freed from Guldan, or the MU Garona who hung out with Aegwyn and gave birth to Medan? Is the AU Garona with "us" while MU Garona helps guard and train Medan? Do you think they have met and made secret plans?Jessefalor13 Oct 15
Oct 15 Will Golden Cure Jaina's Mental Illness? In Golden's books Jaina forgives the Horde, and so lets herself heal. Then in Jaina's next in game appearance she goes "BLEARG! DISMANTLE HORDE ORPHANS!" With Golden officially at Blizz fulltime, maybe Jaina can finally stop having 10 mental breakdowns an expansion.Threeslotbag115 Oct 15
Oct 15 Fan Favorite Cut Corners Hi, y'all! I would like to hear from all of you certain parts of the story that could have been done better or never saw the light of day due to scheduling. Ex1: Why didn't the Kobolds use their Kandle Artifact to invade Stormwind? Ex2: The Cow dungeon was too disappointing given that we could have had an entire zone of Cows with factions hubs.Grink74 Oct 15
Oct 15 *Spoilers* Cordana, did she know something? So back in Warlords of Draenor during the questing when Cordana Felsong betrays shes says a line... Very well, walk away. Nothing will stop Gul'dan, for the Legion stands behind him. Mark my words: YOUR LEADERS WILL BETRAY YOU. AZEROTH WILL BURN. *ANTORUS SPOILER ALERT* turn back now, you've been warned.. When Fighting Alliance varimathras says... Varimathras: So, your Alliance still endures. Longer than I expected, though she has already planted the seeds of its downfall. She is patient, that one. Varimathras: When your thrones run red with betrayal... when your holy places burn and the shattered mask hangs above your hearth... only then you will know. And it will be too late. Varimathras: It matters not. You are blind to the true darkness closing in around you. When Fighting Horde... Varimathras: So, she found me at last. Sent her underlings to finish the job. Varimathras: Tell me, when she seized your throne of hides and bones, was your allegiance forced? No... I'd wager you surrendered it willingly... or were convinced you did. Varimathras: It matters not. You are blind to the darkness in your midst. She was supposedly corrupted by the orb of dominion, yes, but how could she turn so easily? Did the Orb show her visions of what lay ahead and showed the true darkness in our midst? She doesn't have anything nice to say about Khadgar, that's for sure. *source* https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoJ9QsvWExEPilav12 Oct 15
Oct 14 Halloween Reading List Hey guys, I am throwing some good stories for Halloween reading list concerning our World of Warcraft Universe. (this is not in any particular order) My recommended List: 1. Arthas, Rise of the Lich King (Chapter book) by Christine Golden "When a plague of undeath threatened all that he loved, Arthas was driven to pursue an ill-fated quest for a runeblade powerful enough to save his homeland. Yet the object of his search would exact a heavy price from its new master, beginning a horrifying descent into damnation. Arthas's path would lead him through the arctic northern wastes toward the Frozen Throne, where he would face, at long last, the darkest of destinies." 2. Blood Runs Thicker (Manga: Warcraft Legends Vol. 4) by Micheal Paolilli "Silas Darkmoon and his Darkmoon faire family unexpectedly find themselves in the middle of a murder mystery in which they must fight to prove the innocence of one of their own. " 3. Crusaders Blood (Manga: Warcraft Legends Vol. 3) by Lucas Rivera & Micheal Paolilli "When a blood elf mage and a Forsaken warrior embark on a quest of vengeance against a ruthless Scarlet Crusade captain, their blind blood lust will place them all on a collision course with destiny...and death." 4. A Cleansing Fire (Manga: Warcraft Legends Vol 5) by Evelyn Fredericksen "Blizzard Entertainment historian Evelyn Frederickson reveals the origins of the Headless Horseman. The noble paladin sir Thomas Thomson was a servent of the light and a fierce slayer of the undead scourage. Witness for the first time how this devoted hero became a horrifying Hallow's End nightmare. " 5.The Journey (Manga: Warcraft Legends Vol 1.) by Troy Lewter & Mike Wellman "The arrival of a group of adventurers with the promise of gold and excitment will disrupt a simple farmer's life in ways unimaginable as he takes a nightmarish ride into scourge-ridden Andorhal." 6. Ashbringer (Comic) by Micky Neilson & Tony Washington "The adventure follows as the Lich King's plague of undeath ravages the human kingdom of Lordaeron. Hidden away, a mighty blade is forged from a dark orb! In the hands of Highlord Alexandros Mograine, the blade will become legend. In time, both blade and man will become . . . Ashbringer." 7. Curse of the Worgen (Comic) by Micky Neilson & James Waugh "A series of grisly, animalistic murders have rocked the walled town of Gilneas. A famous detective sets out to discover the perpetrators and finds far more than he bargained for. To find the truth, he must delve through years of twisted history – both the history of his family and Gilneas itself."Eneru6 Oct 14
Oct 14 Sylvanas at Icecrown Citadel With the coming of this year's BlizzCon there is much speculation on what news will be brought regarding an expansion release and what its theme will be. I've been watching various lore videos on such speculation in order to titillate my nerd brain in anticipation. One of the things I keep hearing is the 'second death of Sylvanas', and how she threw herself off of Icecrown Citadel. I would wager that 95% of my time during these almost 13 years of WoW have been spent playing Alliance, and so here's my question. Where is the second death of Sylvanas shown? Is it a quest, or cinematic? In the comics perhaps? Thanks!Leny4 Oct 14
Oct 14 Souls... am i right, wtf are they really the forgotten shore, when arthas slaughters his men to raise them as ghouls... why are all these souls still there flying around (literally) as "forgotten", for every person arthas killed, does he collect every soul through frostmourne or are they just ghosts, and just for clarification, in wow terminology and lore because i feel this gets a little hazy, are souls ghosts, are there souless ghosts, are banshees a weird exception because they are souless and a ghost and of course, are there undead who have souls and those that do not, and as a strange clarification, while the term undead refers to many thing (immortal, re-animated, dead but not really, alive but not really) when you consider what makes someone who they are in this game, (meaning when they have free will, idependant thought, even controlled but able to use inovation and creativity), is this because they have a soul, no soul, or is there some weird grey area people just try to tip toe around, also, can u be alive, and not have a soul sorry for the weird trip overload, but some of these things bug me a little sorry also for the word vomit, if anyone has further questions or can answer some of my own, plz don't hesitateSolahr15 Oct 14
Oct 14 Kirin Tor Ranking system? What's the ranking for the Kirin Tor? You know how the Military Guilds will have lieutenant, sergeant, corporal, private, etc. What is it for a mage. This is a rough list I made from what I can gather. Apprentice Mage Magus Magistrix ArchmageZauberkunst12 Oct 14
Oct 14 Arthas Arthas Arthas... multiple times it is said that within the helm of the Lich King was just Arthas himself, Arthas kills his little after image of the sickly boy struggling to hold on, and also Ner'zhul, then we have Tirion steal his heart kill once again destroying his humanity, think he's humanity is destroyed several times by us and himself... the point is, in the Arthas Death cinematic, he acknowledges his father's spirit asking if it's over with some level of emotion, you can just see it... did he have more humanity stored in their somewhere, it just keeps coming back to this debate and after watching the cinematic again... it annoys me It was also interesting how much power his heart had and gave him, even when outside the body, he had something like 14 million health, or whatever number it was for the entire expansion, then 8 million, when his heart was destroyed, which is the amount he had, i think, in the final confrontation, possibly, maybe, possibly coincidence on the difficulty level i had just done lolSolahr4 Oct 14
Oct 14 Shaman questions do shaman have magic capabilities naturally like being able to cast basic spells? Or do they get all their power directly from the elements? If that’s the case then if they don’t do whatever shamans have too to please the elements do they lose all their power?Rennic5 Oct 14
Oct 14 Storyline idea i want to show the developers my idea but its an original and i don't want anyone else to see it..Elinfreya2 Oct 14
Oct 14 Old gods vs titans? Lets see if i get this straight, at first i though titans didn't slain old gods because old gods were more powerful than they were but after reading the story about Y'Shaarj they were able to slain him but his influence over azeroth was so big that it affected pandaria (his last breath was the creation of the sha), so they came to realize that they couldnt slain the others because by doing that they could destroy azeroth so instead they decided to imprison them. Now how come we are able to slain them like we did with yogg and cthun without bigger repercussions like the one they feared and how is that one of the theories about sargeras madness is attributed to old gods. Shouldnt the legion be way above the old gods or their whispers are strong enough to corrupt anyone?Babil11 Oct 14
Oct 14 WotLK questions for backstory Did the LK make any more DK's after his defeat at the battle for light's hope chapel? If he did, had they been "freed"/saved by his death or the new LK would they have been allowed to join the Ebon Hold, and then into factions?Farequeensyd10 Oct 14
Oct 14 Aethas is special So, I'm a fan of Aethas Sunreaver. This guy is the funniest joke character in the game's history. No matter what he does he manages to screw it up in some form or fashion. Let's take a look at his history since Wrath of the Lich King. -In his earliest appearance he goes to Lor'themar to argue for his people to return to the city that had ultimately betrayed his people. He ignores any and all formalities and charges his way into Lor'themar's chamber. He is then used by the Regant lord as a pawn to sate Sylvannas's desire for the Blood Elves to take an active role in the campaign in Northrend. So he ultimately acts as a lap-dog of the Kirin'tor while his leader acts as a lap-dog to Sylvannas. It's an embarrassing start. -Aside from that he's portrayed as a fairly competent leader in all of his other questlines in wrath. But he doesn't do much... He has a quest in Dragonblight and speaks with Alextrasa. Thats all. Outside of the Horde side of Quel'delar which we don't know what side is cannon. -In Tides of War Aethas was the deciding vote concerning Kirin'tor aid to Theramore. However he sends one of his own men. Thalen Songweaver to aid in the defense of the city. It's ultimately this magister who brings down the shield, kills Rhonin, and destroys Dalaran. This is also a large part of why the purge occurs. This guy was shady. Why send him? -In MoP what does Aethas do? Well he gets captured by Jaina due to his own incompetence. He acts as a coward who lets Garrosh's agents walk over him. But prior to the Purge he actively aids in the search for the divine bell. He is then captured during the purge itself at which point he becomes a damsel in distress due to the simple fact that he was to much of a coward to take a side. Once they finally have the damned thing he is overwhelmed by its magic. This does not excuse what Jaina did, but Aethas was also incompetent. After that he does almost nothing. -In legion Aethas is a joke. He reveals the fact that the Lich king is alive in a public speech to the Sunreavers. He gives up an ancient elven relic so that he could regain access to Dalaran. He is stripped naked and captured by a bloody harpy only to have his apprentice save him.Onyxpaladind10 Oct 14
Oct 14 Sylvanas statue unveiling at Blizzcon. Apparently the classic Orc and Wolf statue will be replaced by a new statue of Sylvanas. She will be joined by Azeroth Choppers, Grommash, and Illidan. Foreshadowing her major involvement next expac?Yagarr50 Oct 14
Oct 14 Kil'Jaeden has Void During Fight?! Good morning everyone! Anyone else find it odd that Kil'Jaeden has a phase wherein he summons creatures of the void to attack the raid? From a lore perspective, that doesn't make sense since the Legion is actively fighting AGAINST the Void. Why wouldn't he have summoned his own BURNING LEGION to fight against us?? Food for thought. Not sure what the developers were thinking or if anyone else found this peculiar...Mornnah8 Oct 14
Oct 13 The Emerald Dream So seeing as how the Emerald Dream is seemingly like the Twisting Nether for Wild gods, in that if killed in Azeroth, Wild gods go to the Dream, and regenerate their bodies there, is it possible if a Wild god is killed inside the Dream they die for good?Rivendel5 Oct 13
Oct 13 How was the Focusing Iris taken and used? I read the Christie Golden novel "Jaina Proudmoore; Tides of War" and really enjoyed it. However, I was wondering if it was ever revealed how (and who exactly) stole the Focusing Iris from the Blue Dragons. The novel hints that whoever did it was powerful enough to take on 5 Dragons. Also, they had to know that the Blues were about to move it from the Nexus to a new spot for safe keeping. Also, after the theft, it was kept away from Kalecgos by somehow travelling very fast around Azeroth so that he could not keep up with its movements. Are there answers to these questions? I couldn't seeem to find them in the book. Yours, TaygaTayga5 Oct 13
Oct 13 What makes Demons different than Undeath? Like apparently they need the Twisting Nether to keep coming back but how is that different than Death Knights and the like? Is it because even if they're completely destroyed their body can still regenerate or something?Gravehowl15 Oct 13
Oct 13 The Light and Fire? Is it me or does the "Light" seem to have some properties that make it similar to fire. And I don't just say that because of the priest spell "Holy Fire" lolIthlasis20 Oct 13
Oct 13 Bolvar's 7.2 Evils: Great and Small Everyone knows about Bolvar telling his DK slaves to torture Bronze dragons and kill the Red Dragonflight. Something I hadn't heard anyone mention though was a very creepy line of his from the same quest: Of course, should you fail to survive, know that I shall claim Acherus for my own. Arthas may have sought revenge on the citadel, but I have... other plans for them.Threeslotbag40 Oct 13
Oct 12 Being god-tier kind of ruins the fantasy Does anyone else feel this way? I mean it's definitely a cool thing to be super strong, but when there aren't really any cool characters to look up to anymore, it kind of makes the game a bit bland. Like when they killed Tirion off, even though Paladins aren't my favorite story line, he definitely was a character that got me hyped as all get out when I saw him make an entrance. But he dies, to Gul'Dan just holding him in the air while Krosus breathes on him. Or when they just threw Thrall THE EARTH WARDER, the herald of the aspects, who used the Dragon Soul to fking shoot Deathwing out of the sky and (kind of broke the rules) killed Garrosh, is out of the picture as the Legion, and Argus facerolls the planet. Now we just have Illidan (who doesn't even do cool things except swing his glaives in combat), and Valeera. Khadgar, Turalyon, and Velen have all just kind of made themselves boring and won't do anything without our help. An alternative that I thought would happen, would be sort of a pantheon thing where higher powers gave us abilities or something. Like Dragon Aspects or the Celestials. But now we're even stronger than they are, and it seems the storyline is going into a "there is no wrong only abuse of power, balance to all things, something something" boring story arc. Where basically "evil" can exist in any form, just as "good" can exist in any form. That story is doomed to be jaded, as purely exemplified in the Alliance/Horde conflict where they both have their good side/bad side, but it can't really branch any further than that. I'm certain Blizzard has something up their sleeves right now to change this, considering we won't have our artifacts next expansion. I believe the entire idea of madness from the void is to make you think that there is no good/evil and makes you kind of complacent while it's motives are carried our right under your eyes.Yuriboyka84 Oct 12
Oct 12 Vereesa's Poignant Memorial to Rhonin in 7.3 I just realized she had me place manabombs all over Terminus and then cackled about how surprised the Legion will be when they blow up. It's nice that she's found cute little ways to remember her husband. Slaughtering those civilians in revenge for that time he got manabombed really helped her heal.Threeslotbag62 Oct 12
Oct 12 Our Loyalties A question that came to my mind recently is where do our loyalties currently lie? Have we thrown our lot in with the class halls fully or are still loyal to our home factions? For most of the expansion, we seem to have embraced the neutrality of our class halls, but there are instances where we still pledge ourselves to either the Alliance or the Horde. So which is it? Are we now loyal to the class hall factions with only nominal loyalty to the home factions? Or is it the other way around?Kromtarn75 Oct 12
Oct 12 Are Blue Dragons still Foremost Arcanists? Even with the loss of their Aspect Malygos, and the loss of all Aspects powers, and the disbanding of the Blue Dragon flight, would you think still living Blue Dragons are still the most advanced Magic Users on Azeroth?Rivendel47 Oct 12
Oct 12 Spellbreaker Questions. For anyone who could add some incite here, I have a few questions. Are they considered thier own class? Or subclass to an existing class?(Blood Knights are Paladins ect.) If under a sub class who claims them in lore (not game play, cause they definitely are not Death knights or Demon hunters...maybe they were before but not now, and especially not the new generation trained during MoP) If not really able to be thrown under an existing class, is there enough to create a new class (Tank, R-DPS, M-DPS) What type of armor do they wear? What other races besides Blood Elf could be considered to have Spellbreakers (Humans, Night Elfs, Undead, ect?) Would they be under hero class or normal (last I recall they were basic units from WC3, not a hero unit from there Will we ever get their shield and glaive for transmog? :) Anything else of interest to add here?Faradei9 Oct 12
Oct 12 So, what's Maiev gonna do now? Considering what Illidan decides at the end of Antorus. Does she join in as jailer to the jailer? Or will she hunt Highborne now or something?Malefic30 Oct 12
Oct 12 Light vs Void, Naarus - Devs Interview Some weeks ago there was a discusson about the Ligh and Void that the Light was not always good. At the same time I have the oportunity to interview two blizzard devs about Patch 7.3 and I ask about the Light, Naarus and more. I promise to bring the interview in english here. Here it goes! - The Light is not Good it is a primal force - Naarus have diferent goals and personalities - They did not bring Alleria and Turalyon back just to use in one patch - The Alliance and the Horde are not idle they are fighting Legion and their leaders are doing something https://youtu.be/8PBzHRc4FZY?t=161 There is more (Crucible, Fly) The intro is in Portuguese but the interview is in english. PS: Sorry for the audio. The interview was made with 4 brazilian sites at the same time and some were having audio problems PS 2: Sorry for the the EnglishFabianos17 Oct 12
Oct 11 How would a Nightborne react to a Highborne? Would the typical Nightborne feel superior to the Highborne due to the latter not having access to the Nightwell? How do you think a conversation between Mordent Evenshade and Elisande go?Shattertusk16 Oct 11
Oct 11 Illidan vs Malfurion in Legion Malfurion had fears that if he and Illidan met again it would probably end in a fight to the death, but the brothers had parted on neutral if not good terms. So if Illidan has regained some of his sanity after being resurrected by Gul'dan why would they square off? I came up with some reasonable theories. The first is Gul'dan himself. The process may have bound Illidan to the Legion completely and so he is now longer a Demon Hunter but an actual demon and loyal (willing or not) Sargeras and the Legion. In this case Malfurion finishing him off would be something of a mercy kill. The second is the events at the Broken Shore. We know from storyboard that Tyrande was probably present at what might be a near complete slaughter of the allied forces. If Tyrande dies in the battle then Illidan would probably blame Malfurion for going to Val'Sharah instead of protecting her and attack Malfurion in a storm of grief and rage. Who would win in this case in more up in the air but the result would be the same, all the victor would have "won" would be having both the woman he loved and his twin brother dead but would be more resolved than ever to stop the legion.Richforce25 Oct 11
Oct 11 Blood Magic Out of the six cosmic magic kinds (Light, Void, Arcane, Fel, Death, Life) which is Blood Magic related to?Rivendel19 Oct 11
Oct 11 Questing Lore Hey guys! I've decided to level a new toon with a friend. We got to level 23 but due to our timezone differences, it'll be impossible to play with each other on a normal basis. I've decided I'd like to experience some of the starting lore from questing that I've always missed due to just blowing through dungeons. I'm seeing some a lot of suggestions for: SIlverpine > Hillsbrad > Arathi > WPL > EPL or some varience of that. I've never been a fan of Arathi, WPL and EPL even with them being revamped. Where else would you recommend questing in place of those areas? Are there any "not so well known/common" questing areas that aren't usually mentioned? Any suggestions are welcome, thank you guys! :)Vindictive3 Oct 11
Oct 11 what to do if caught you roll shaman untill the game doesn't work what to do if you wanna play the game you play warrior untill you'r game gives up what to do when nothing is around you play warlock and play with the creeps what to do when someone is relitivly late you play rouge to get your groups up to do more damage overall what to do when you don't have to tank anything you roll druid to make sure you want to have the game be in your hands make sure you remember this when entering my group of lovly shamans that don't tank semi tank ether leather is just a another word for giving up in this world so you have to take whats handed to you and roll a warriorHaneth11 Oct 11
Oct 11 Blood Elves & The Azo-Crud in Silithus If a BE gets too near the 7.3.5 Silithus SUPER PURE CRACK BLOOD OF AZEROTH, would it cure their addiction, or turn them instantly into Wretched?Threeslotbag23 Oct 11
Oct 11 HoT Nexus Razorback WoW Lead-In Inevitably, we are going to travel to a new continent after the impending Kul Tiras expansion some time in the future. There are only so many different locations not yet explored that could feasibly work as the setting for an expansion that either we will have to start traveling to new worlds or rehashing old content. Considering how much planet hopping would deviate from what World of Warcraft is at its core and how much effort has gone into rehashing old content only to be met with disdain from a vocal part of the fanbase, both scenarios seem unlikely as expansion settings once we run out of known places to travel to. Which leads me to my next point and where "Razorback" comes in. Razorback is cited as being an "American colloquialism" in reference to feral pigs, but has also seen its way into the Australian vernacular for referring to the same. As it stands, with Warcraft often utilizing real-world locations and cultures for zones and factions, there is currently no Australian analogue or analogues present in World of Warcraft. Australia the Continent and country is named after the Latin name for a hypothesized southern hemispheric continent called Terra Australis. Interestingly enough, many fans of World of Warcraft and lore experts have noted that based on the climate of the known world, it is very likely that what we know as the known world is actually only one part of a northern hemisphere considering that Northrend is the "roof of the world" (northern latitudes) and that our southern cap of the world is Pandaria (whose southern environs are marshland and humid swamp). Thus, in liking to the modern roots of Terra Australis, it is entirely possible, at a future date and in a future expansion, that inevitably, the denizens of Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms, will chance upon a southern continent with a large Indo-Australian influence on its denizens, culture, and landscape. Imagine Bali-inspired Archipelagos where an ancient Elephant-like Empire is fighting off a war-like Kangaroo-race that takes aspects of Maori tribes and rides giant Cassowary mounts into battle that wants to conquer the known world now that they know it exists. Imagine a new race of Koala-based Aborigines who have independently developed druidism without the help of Cenarius and have largely gone unnoticed in the Emerald Dream to this point, but sense that the Old Gods have found a way to imprint themselves in the Emerald Dream so that even if we defeat them on Azeroth they still exist in the Emerald Dream. Giant Wombat mounts. Massive gullies. Tasmanian Devil furbogs. Thylacines instead of wolves. An overarching storyline where a sect of the Koala druids break off and join the Old Gods and successfully summon a Void Lord to Azeroth. The patch zones where all parties in the continent and the Horde and Alliance set aside petty differences to rally and fight this entity before it gathers full strength. The tie-in questline where a multi-race party unites to deliver an artifact that can destroy said Void Lord. The raid where you defend this party against the minions of the Void. The final battle in a volcano. What do you think?Gorronor13 Oct 11
Oct 11 The Temple of Elune So, I was running Fallen Avatar today and then my man KJ says that while the husk of Sargeras is really cool and such it isn't why he is here. Instead KJ alludes that the Temple itself is the key to ending Azeroth. "The husk before you was once a vessel for the might of Sargeras. But this temple itself is our prize. The means by which we will reduce your world to cinders." I thought that the Legion' s invasion was really lame on that they attack the middle of nowhere and then keep their forces locally contained with some skirmishing parties. But now that I look at how the Legion has operated I realize they've been fortifying the Tomb and the Broken Shore because somehow... the Temple of Elune/Tomb of Sargeras is the means by which Azeroth burns. The Legion has been camping on a world destroying superweapon and that is why they haven't been so aggressive. We know that it used to be a giant Old God place with the Black Empire, the Titans then built a vault underneath? The Night Elves built a Temple to Elune and then later Aegwynn used it to imprison the Avatar of Sargeras. But what is it really? Why does this Temple have the ability to destroy Azeroth? And granted this... How does one now rationalize the Illygnoth quote of Five keys and torches to light our path?Grayston7 Oct 11