Story Forum

Jun 23, 2014 The 7th Legion..... Where are they now? Alright, when we were introduced these guys in WotLK they were shown as the Alliances answer to the Kor'kron and represented our elite vanguard. Now since then we haven't seen them much aside from one (maybe 2) Horde zones and one story line, every time the alliance army shows up it is a new (and yet somehow generic) division whilst the Horde is smart enough to rely on their effective elites (Until they turn into Death squads). Now while this can be explained as them taking casualties from the Forsaken it falls short in that brutal casualties have never stopped mass deployment in WoW. So the topic is why the hell doesn't the Alliance ever actually employ their actual elites?Dkfang39 Jun 23, 2014
Jun 22, 2014 The Saurok are surprisingly deep. Has anyone ever noticed this? Undercover as a Saurok and talking to them in IoT you actually learn quite a bit about their culture and customs. Saurok like Tomma, Akolik, Siakann, and Gokkar are also arguably more memorable then entire zones worth of NPCs. Just thought this was a fascinating example of actually interesting Blizzard writing that I wasn't sure if all that many people had seen.Darethy15 Jun 22, 2014
Jun 22, 2014 You know what's funny? I'm almost done reading Wolfheart, and it seems the Horde has ambushed the Sentinels more than the Sentinels have ambushed the Horde. Weren't Night Elves supposed to be the guerrilla fighters?Delurk46 Jun 22, 2014
Jun 22, 2014 The Anti-Old Goddess Elune I recognize that this is another thread by me on Elune, however I've been doing a lot more thinking and connecting of story dots and I believe I've come up with a likely explanation of exactly who and what Elune is. It has been confirmed by the developers that Elune is one of azeroths few true deities. Elune has been theorized to be many things and among them have been... In no particular order. 1. The red dragon aspect, Alexstraza the Lifebinder. 2. The green dragon aspect, Ysera the Dreamer. 3. The titan, Eonar patron of all life. 4. A titan construct, either on Azeroth or on the larger of Azeroths two moons. 5. A powerful Naaru "E'Lune". 6. A powerful Loa. 7. The embodied spirit of the original Well of Eternity. 8. An Old God. 9. An entity not yet defined in the Warcraft universe. Now I'm going to advocate or rather make a case for 9, but with an absolute and certain connection to 8. In the past there have been many reasons given for why she could or couldn't be any of those nine. I fully welcome agreement or disagreement and I do understand that this has been discussed at great length for years among fans of the Warcraft universe. There will most certainly be ways to counter what I'm about to propose, but I'm asking you to have an open mind. I'm also not suggesting what I am proposing is a totally new line of thinking. It is my belief that Elune is an entity that has not yet truly been defined in Warcraft. We know that the Old Gods exist in other parts of the universe and in fact, arrived on Azeroth like parasytic creatures infecting the world, and cursing the titan constructed Earthen with the curse of flesh, spreading their innate need and desire for chaos -- it is the absolute essence of their being. The Old Gods did this on Azeroth by creating the Elemental Lords and having them war with eachother, they also had a hand in the insectoid races on Azeroth who we know to have been warseeking, chaotic races, devoutly loyal to their respective Old Gods. With some things so vile, chaotic and by extension evil existing in the universe, it makes a person think about what their counter in the universe is. Surely entities as malvolent as this can not be in existence without an equally powerful opposite force. Many have speculated in the past that the Naaru are in fact this powerful opposite force, but the truth is -- we don't know enough about the Naaru to really guarantee this is true. I think it is more likely that the Naaru are a separate race of celestial beings that are extremely attuned to the nature of "The Light", and how it corresponds with "The Shadow", they have been shown to wield both at different times and in different forms, for example Dark Naaru. On the other hand, Old Gods as we know them are the epitome of what we know as the shadow. This is shown through not only the types of activites they have engaged in historically but even in game with the types of spells they and their followers use, for example void tendrils, mind control, etc... Meaning that I believe there are equally powerful entities that exist who can manipulate the light in such and absolute way and Azeroths resident Moon deity, Elune -- is one of them. Essentially, a light-wielding Old Goddess who's purpose is in fact to spread tranquility and peace as opposed to chaos and warfare. Now I'm going to explain what I believe happened all those thousands of years ago. I'll start by saying that because of Bran Bronzebeards research, I believe the Titans in fact arrived on Azeroth first, created the Earthen, went about their business and left. ... So at some point in the very distant past the Old Gods arrived on Azeroth and ruled over the planet, waging war among eachother through their own armies, with both the Elementals and the different insectoid races, playing war games to spread chaos unto the world. Elune had followed them to Azeroth to observe their activities and develop some sort of plan to counter the extreme levels of chaos they were causing unto this newly formed world. Recognizing that her powers over the light only matched the strength of one or two Old Gods, she knew that ending their era of chaos wouldn't be possible without help. Knowing of the Titans existence she then either sought them out, or continued to keep a watchful eye on the Old Gods activites knowing the Titans would no doubt return to rectify the chaotic situation and protect or preserve their intended plan for Azeroth. When the Titans arrived, they worked with Elune and imprisoned the Old Gods. The Titans got ready to leave Azeroth and put many more fail safes in place this time before leaving. Elune agreed to stay, having grown affectionate for this world and keep watch to ensure the Old Gods would not be allowed to escape their imprisoment. One of these fail safes that was put in place by the Titans was the original Well of Eternity. The Well was designed with the purpose of leaving another power source on Azeroth that would aid Elune in her eternal mission. Elune whispered to the Dark Trolls and guided them to this new fount of power, ultimately crafting the Night Elves in her own image some 14,000 years ago according to the establishment of the Sisterhood of Elune. The power of the well was so great that she knew the Night Elves who were not her priestesses would be able to wield the arcane power and essentially conquer Azeroth and enter into an era of peace with the other titan influenced races such as the Pandaren and Dwarves. Ultimately a section of Night Elf society, later known as the high borne became corrupted by the power of the wells energies. This was not anticipated by Elune or the Titans. She watched in horror as her children succumbed to the lure of the powerful magic and so ends my speculation period because some years later the War of the Ancients happens and we know with absolute certainity what happens from thereon after in the Warcraft universe on Azeroth. Now I'll list reasons why Elune would be this Old Goddess like entity rather than something else. 1. Old Gods have shadowlike powers that are shared with the priest class in game, Night Elf priests who use Elune's light also have access to these abilities. If the Light and Shadow are truly an intertwined force it would make sense that the Old Gods are the embodiment of chaos and the Shadow and that Elune's race or version of the Old Gods are the embodiment of tranquility and the Light. 2. Elune accepts blood sacrifices, Naaru would not. 3. Elune whispers to the Night Elves, Old Gods can also whisper to their followers. 4. Elune intends to be worshipped, Naaru do not. 5. Elune crafted a race to do her bidding, Old Gods did the same. In addition I'd like to posta quote from user Samsara on MMO Champions forums. What I believe is eloquently put to writing by this particular poster. ...Haidene30 Jun 22, 2014
Jun 22, 2014 A theory about Azeroth, and how it'll explode Keep in mind this is just speculation and it's a big stretch, but looking at the World Map, more specifically Kalimdor, The Eastern Kingdoms, and Pandaria I realized that there are a number large-scale power sources that would either most definitely be dangerous if they fell into the wrong hands. What I thought was kind of strange is the fact that they either in the middle, or close, to the central part of the continent and are almost directly north and south of each other, (Moreso Kalimdor than Eastern Kingdoms). For Kalimdor, this is the Nordrassil, which has had both Legion and Old God attention. It's a massive power source that was said to be able to boost Archimonde to Sargeras-like levels. I'm not entirely sure why the Old Gods/Ragnaros were targeting it, perhaps to nullify the threat of the NEs? Directly to the south of the world tree is the Cavern's of Time, which is heavy in Old God influence, what with the creation of the Infinite Dragonflight. For the Eastern Kingdoms, it's a bit complicated. In the south, There's Karazhan, which seems to be more Legion-oriented, although it's hard to say for sure given the tower's strange past. The place is packed with magic, and the whole of reality is weakened around it. However, all the ley lines on Azeroth meet under it. One could say that the Nexus War, caused by the.. Implied(?) Old God manipulation of Malygos, which would've rendered Azeroth into an Outland-like state with use of the Ley Lines, could deal with this. There's also the Dark Portal, which in itself seems pretty dangerous with how it was blending the two worlds together in the past, and now it's a major problem as it's allowing for the Iron Horde to invade. To the North, The Sunwell, which is made out the same stuff as the Well of Eternity, and is similar to Nordrassil by design, has primarily dealt with demons, Kil'jaedan in fact. To the Southwest of that is whatever is buried underneath Tirisfal. There isn't that much information regarding this subject, but there's a possibility it deals with the Old Gods or Legion, seeing as how.. Whoever Varmithias was serving seemed to be interested in the Undercity. As for Pandaria, in the dead center of the continent lies The Vale of Eternal Blossoms, the place that was similar in design to Un'goro and Sholazar basin. Where all the rivers of the world met, before it was cut off. The water was said to have a lot of healing and magical power, until it was mostly destroyed by Garrosh and the Heart. Directly to the North of this is another water-based power source, or was, at least. The Well of Eternity, which has been involved with the Old Gods and Legion. It's not clear if it was placed by the Titans or predates their arrival, and was harnessed and used by the Old Gods, but it's destroyed now. In short, (Bold for 'safe', Italics for 'Dangerous/Potential problem, and nothing for 'Destroyed'.) 1. Nordrassil has been attacked two times, both unsuccessful, but looking for similar results. The Defenders are still vigilant in the case that anyone tries anything. 2. The Caverns of Time, are currently left standing, although with WoD and the inevitability of Nozdormu's corruption, we can't say how long this will last, or what will even happen to the Caverns. 3. Karazhan is still standing and filled with it's ghosts, as always. Not much is known about the future of the tower, although with hints of WoD, it might be used or updated again. 4. The Dark Portal's range of power is ominously unknown, and as we know it can now function as a rift in time. What else could it do, if manipulated enough? 5. The Sunwell is well-guarded and standing strong, and we haven't seen any action regarding it other than the fact that the Elves are steadily becoming dependent on it again. 6. It's safe to say that at some point, whatever's in Tirisfal will have to be addressed, and is probably going to be a threat. 7. The Vale of Eternal Blossoms was destroyed, and probably will not recover for many, many years. No one, whether their intentions be good, or bad, can use it. 8. Then there's the biggest of them all. The Well of Eternity, or what used to be the Well of Eternity. which is basically Azeroth's big ol' weak spot. But Thrall and co. have been working to stop this, and have steadily been successful, but I have to wonder what it would take to set it off again, if a few lousy elementals conjured by Garrosh's dark shaman can interrupt the healing process. So, in total. Nordrassil/Sunwell, the two remaining fonts of power from the Well of Eternity, both have been targeted by the Demonic Commanders of the Burning Legion. These attempts failed, and the two are still going strong, but, like always, are potentially at risk the next time someone craves power. CoT, Karazhan, Tirisfal, The Dark Portal, and The Maelstrom are five massive risks that could cause a lot of problems, if in the right hands... Or perhaps, tentacles. There are said to be five old gods, or so there were, before it was revealed that Y'shaarj is dead and scattered to the wind. By the looks of things in WoD, the Arakkoa appear to be worshiping some kind of Old God.As we learned from BC, Old Gods are spread throughout the universe, and I wouldn't be surprised if the Old ones would be looking for some kind of replacement? That's assuming they would be aware of this 'Sun God' and would be able to somehow extend their influence beyond the portal. The hole in this argument, of course, is the fact that the Black Dragons within Outland are free from their whispers. But it's hard to say, if the visions from Yogg-Saron's fight are anything to go by, it appears they had a hand in the orcish invasion. When they started to manipulate, or why, is another question for another time. All those five mentioned are massive, glaring future weaknesses that we've primarily ignored and, if exploited in a way at the right moment , would cause temporal crises, make Ley-lines collapse in a manner similar to the Nexus , Dark Portal instability, whatever's up there in Tirisfal, all in combination to the already weak forces and the Maelstrom, would rip the whole of the planet apart, not only this, but doing it in a massive explosion of magic, something that would not only free the Old Gods from their prison, but attract the Burning Legion's main attention again, something the Old Gods seemed eager to gain, back during the WOTA story.. There, I've said my peace. Feel free to bash as many holes into my crackpot theory as you like! (This is why I shouldn't be posting theories at one in the freakin' morning.)Bianea7 Jun 22, 2014
Jun 22, 2014 Whispering Forest Im sure this has been talked about tons on these forums but i just wanted to see if i could spark a new conversation about the topic. In my opinion it is not an old god as some presume. I think its more of a high density of highborn spirits that are trapped there. However if it is an old god it only makes sense that they have one about each faction, Looking at Bael Modan and the Wispering forest together makes me think maybe it is like Y'Shaarj and instead of just imprisoning him they had to seperate his body and each are locations of pieces. The piece from bael Modan could somehow travel to Iron Forge and wreak havoc there while the piece in Tirisfal Glades would wreak havoc on undercity, as a sort of revenge. Crazy i know but just a thought,Kormist23 Jun 22, 2014
Jun 22, 2014 Moira Bronzebeard What's her deal these days? I thought they toned down her whole "manipulative !@#$%" routine given that she was proving the worth of the Dark Irons in the Blood in the Snow scenario but then I read that Jade Hunters short story and it seemed like she was back to the way she was when she first showed up.Galenar37 Jun 22, 2014
Jun 22, 2014 How good is WoW lore? Hey everyone. I've been playing this game for a few years, and have never really gotten into any of the lore in this game. There were really only 2 moments I can recall where I wanted to go back and just read everything the game had to offer, which was right after completeing all the Jade Forest quests and when Zul'jin and Co. were standing outside of Orgimmor being confronted by Nazgrim. I thought these moments were awesome, and really wanted to go back and look up more on the happenings of the WoW universe. But my question is, is the WoW lore in this game really worth starting a new character and just reading up on everything? I mean, I tried this a few times with Alliance, but after the main entry leveling areas, all the quests just seemed to kind of follow the same story arcs, and it became very repetitive and boring. For me, I would like to start an undead character because I think Sylvanas Windrunner is just !@#$in' godly, but that's because I main a hunter. I also this I would start an Orc since they seem to be good hunters. Anyways, the TL;DR is: is the lore in WoW good enough to start a new character and just follow the story? (ignoring level grinding and any other activity?)Darican6 Jun 22, 2014
Jun 22, 2014 fairy rings in tirisfal. portals. yea. ok so most of us have heard/seen the ring of mushrooms surrounded by faerie dragons in tirisfal. theres actually some cool back story behind that. so there are things in real life called "fairy rings", which are basically mushrooms growing in a circle. older cultures (before we knew that it was just a natural phenomena and with science we figured out its just the way the mushrooms grew) believed it was a portal for fairies and elves. but with the wow universe this circle could be an actual portal. for what? idk thats up to other theorists, im just giving you the idea. note the "faerie" (like faerie dragons) sounds like "fairy" in "fairy rings". here's some more info on what fairy rings are https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7L1k1bFb9c i just thought this was a cool comparison because it has "faerie dragons" (sounds like fairy dragons) around fairy rings. what do you guys think?Iceblade4 Jun 22, 2014
Jun 22, 2014 Jade Hunters - Dwarf short story http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/lore/destination-pandaria/faction-stories/jade-hunters/1 Dwarves, man.Grimroar69 Jun 22, 2014
Jun 22, 2014 Question Regarding Wrathion's Rant after SoO So just did the cloak quest for the 2nd time (Never doing that again) and something strikes me as odd. Wrathion says he did everything in his power to help Varian, but I dont remember seeing any of this Wrathion says: You were there! Is it true then? What happened in Orgrimmar? Wrathion starts pacing back and forward. Wrathion says: That fool king!! Wrathion says: I did everything in my power. The whole world was his, he needed only seize it! So how exactly did Wrathion help the Alliance?Renrashin33 Jun 22, 2014
Jun 22, 2014 WoD: What Alliance lore will there be? I haven't been keeping up with WoD but it seems very Orc-centric, which is understandable given the setting. However, what Alliance lore has been confirmed? Also, if this takes place in an alternate timeline 30 years in the past, did Blizzard effectively resurrect the vast majority of Outland's Draenei population which was reduced to a sliver during the events of The Burning Crusade? Lastly, is WoD going to be another nauseating Thrall-Jesus narrative like Cataclysm was? (Kind of hated that about Cataclysm.)Detrik71 Jun 22, 2014
Jun 21, 2014 questions about the old gods So it seems the two main forces in the universe are the titans and the old gods. The titans seem to be a team working together with the exception of sargeras who was corrupted by the old gods (is that correct?) but are the old gods a team? or do they work independantly of eachother and maybe even try to undermine eachother? and do the twilights hammer worship all the old gods or a specific one? did the old gods create the elementals or did they already exist? do old gods exist on draenor/outland and/or other planets? does sargeras and the burning legion identify themselves as allies of the old gods or did he pretty much go rogue sort of how arthas went rogue with the scourge? can all the evil in the world of warcraft trace itself back to the old gods? if trolls and other races existed before the titans arrival to azeroth how come they werent tainted or subjugated by the old gods like the elementals were? if the old gods corrupted sargeras while the titans were on azeroth, why did he leave instead of wreaking havoc from the start? i think there are 5 old gods according to blizzard. cthun was under kalimdor, yogg saron under northrend, nzoth under the maelstrom(?? maybe why he could affect deathwing and the emerald dream??) and yshaarj under pandaria. does this imply the last one is under the eastern kingdoms? i remember the old vanilla map pre flying the area west of undercity had just a big empty area and a lot of players speculated an old god was there. and now with sylvannases latest hijinks some speculation is that she is being corrupted by this last one. is there no actual knowledge abouth the fifth one? is this all speculation? and what about the masters glaive on darkshore? isnt that related to the old gods? like a lieutenant of theirs or something? whats it doing in darkshore? sorry for any broken questions or grammer i posted this from my tablet.Hal29 Jun 21, 2014
Jun 21, 2014 A Plea for Sylvanas [Spoilers] Sylvanas to me is one of the most interesting characters in Azeroth. Her tale is one of tragedy and the fate of one who has everything ripped from them. She has had more befall her than any other character in the game and it has shaped her into what she is today, none of which was by her own choice. However misguided she may seem, however selfish her motives appear, everything she does seems to have some kind of silver lining that always makes you question her alignment. I do not believe for a second that she is a purely malevolent force in the world and I would dearly love to see her have a more redemption based storyline in the future as opposed to the standard one of 'Hey, I'm evil now, deal with it.' or even worse the 'Lich King 2.0 paradigm' that many are predicting. I was bitterly disappointed when Vereesa turned her back on her sister in War Crimes and with any luck, the possibility of Alleria's return in WoD may break the barrier I'd like to see Sylvanas cross. The Banshee Queen has suffered enough Blizz.Bèòwulf140 Jun 21, 2014
Jun 21, 2014 New Racially-Based Pet "Rewards" You know how we can learn one battle pet for a small amount of silver, depending on our race? I was thinking that it'd be cool if the players could learn a new one at level 90. The reason I bring this up in story forums instead of pet forums, is that I think it'd be nice if the new pets were based around what we fought/defeated in our racially-specific low-level starting areas. I'm thinking there'd be one each, but I listed multiple for the sake of brainstorming. For the "Miniature"/"Shrunk" non-mechanicals, I don't think it's important how they got to be shrunk/miniature, we can just say it's alchemy gone wrong or a wayward curse or something. Human: > Shrunk Defias Shadowguard (http://www.wowhead.com/npc=48505#modelviewer:10+0) > Miniature Hobgoblin, perhaps with a "toy" rider like the Mini Jousters (cannot be Hogger, since he will be a free pet given for WoW's 10 year anniversary) Dwarf: > Miniature Dark Iron Golem (this would be awesome) Night Elf: > Miniature Faceless One > Baby Furbolg Gnome: > Miniature Irradiated Trogg > Miniature Spider Bot Draenei: > ? Worgen: > Miniature Abomination (with a barrel stuck on his head, like in that one quest) Orc: Most of the best choices for "orc enemies" that aren't part of the Alliance are primarily antagonists to the Tauren, so I don't know. Forsaken: > Miniature Scourge (perhaps a ghoul, skeleton guard, or banshee) Tauren: > Shrunk Quilboar > Shrunk Centaur Troll: > Baby Naga Sea Witch? (http://www.wowhead.com/npc=38306#modelviewer:10+0) Blood Elf: > ? Goblin: > Baby Naga (wearing a pool pony, this would be adorable) > Shrunk Pygmy (maybe wearing an over-sized helmet like the goblins do in that one quest) Pandaren: > Shrunk Saurok > Child of Shen-zin Su? (using perhaps a condensed version of his model?) Anyways, this will *probably* never happen, but it's fun to come up with them anyways. Thoughts?Schliemann2 Jun 21, 2014
Jun 21, 2014 Gul'dan, Destroyer of Dreams. What's with the new title, and who in the Alliance or Horde could possibly be desperate enough to consider him an ally at any point or time?Bianea32 Jun 21, 2014
Jun 21, 2014 Do Alliance eat dead Tauren? The meat might be tough but if you're deep in enemy territory (Like Camp Taurajo) you can't really afford to pass up potential supplies. A single Tauren looks like it could feed quite a few troops. If we don't then we should I think.Vanargyros21 Jun 21, 2014
Jun 21, 2014 Albino Drakes and Fel Drakes... Is there any lore on them whatsoever? I can't find anything.Xyzdk2 Jun 21, 2014
Jun 21, 2014 The man behind Frostmourne? Hey all - I'm actually looking for serious answers to this question (which I've sadly seen mostly answered only with quips and jokes online). I'm curious about Arthas. I feel I understand everything about why he made his way to Frostmourne (vengeance), why he killed his father (under the Lich King's will and influence), and why he overcame Ner'zhul (in his 'head', heh)...but once he was free of Ner'zhul, what was going on in his mind? Like, at all? I've loved Arthas and the Lich King from the very beginning - hell, I even bought the Frostmourne replica. But I feel like I don't quite understand his motivation. I've tried to do what research I could, but I feel I haven't been able to dig deep enough from the internet alone - I need to pick your guys' minds. Does anyone know what he was thinking after he was free of Ner'zhul, and what motivation(s) he would have had to continue to be so antagonistic with Fordring, Azeroth, and ultimately inflict mass killings/etc (presuming any lingering influence of Ner'zhul had mostly subsided by then)? At the least, what are the most likely reasons?Brocks23 Jun 21, 2014
Jun 21, 2014 WoD Question So I was looking at some ALpha videos and there is a video of Garona (who works for Guldan) attacking Khadgar. Is this our Garona or is this AU Garona? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGUX5DETpv8Renrashin11 Jun 21, 2014
Jun 21, 2014 Rejection from the Naaru Why do the Naaru reject some people/races like the broken or the forsaken. A forsaken can be good just because they're undead doesn't mean they're soulless monsters. And the broken didn't even choose to be corrupted. If anything the Naaru should pity them not abandon them.Flizzro36 Jun 21, 2014
Jun 20, 2014 WoD Alpha Thread 2 (Spoilers) Last thread: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/13021652623 Most of the datamined stuff is being found here: http://wod.wowhead.com/search?q=date%3A2014-06-05 Dungeon videos, recorded by the Red Shirt Guy: Bloodmaul Slag Mines: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiAkPP78tg0 Blackfathom Deeps: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEzL0KNL_hc Razorfen Downs (bugged, can't go past first boss): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pydhN_aTg8 Razorfen Kraul: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMtBdCjwwH0 In-depth Garrison video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZxf6kX3jeUReignac499 Jun 20, 2014
Jun 20, 2014 Am I the only one who is concerned? In Wod Gul'dan is alive and it concerns me since he caused the lich King to be created and gave illidan turbo demon power. Anyone else bothered by this?Thogass12 Jun 20, 2014
Jun 20, 2014 Church of the Holy Light Since Benedictus is, you know, dead; who is the archbishop now? Hylan, Leander, or Neheri maybe?Dannoe107 Jun 20, 2014
Jun 20, 2014 Vale Of Eternal Blossoms I was just leveling a new alt through pandaria and did the golden dream part in the valley and it shows the vale all blasted and ruined. It has been a while since I leveled thru pandaria and was just thinkin how screwed up the lore is now when questing since they didn't bother to have the blasted vale phased out til you hit a certain questline. Furthermore anyone who's new will never get to see the questlines that lead up to all this, maybe they changed some things later on that I haven't reached yet. I guess I'll see once I get farther. I am sure this has been discussed at length when this change was new but, still it's a shame they couldn't phase it so new people and even those of us leveling alts can see the vale how it used to be a year ago. As I said it has been a long time since I leveled thru pandaria and well I forgot a bunch of stuff and now with the vale the way it is I'll never remember how it was.Galentris25 Jun 20, 2014
Jun 20, 2014 There, at the end. Black Harvest spoilers ahead. During the Green Fire quest Ebonlocke states that 'He was there, at the end' when talking about Illidan Stormrage and his plans for the Well under Karbor. I was always curious about this, what do you think it means for him and for Illidan? does that mean at, some point, Ebonlocke served under Illidan and was somehow privy to his plans? if so, it would indicate that Illidan may of known about Kael's treachery ahead of time, he certainly seemed sure that the wells purpose to unbind the Legion from the Dark Titans control. I don't really think there are a lot of solid questions on the Green Fire questline, but I think it would be an interesting thing to discuss...potentially casting the whole Burning Crusade in a new light. We don't know exactly what the Empowered Soul Core is, but it's implied to be an At'amal crystal which could explain Illidans 'madness' in attacking Shatterath, it's possible that he needed these crystals for whatever plan he had. I don't really think the lore implications of this questline get brought up enough, but I find the whole thing to be pretty fascinating.Darethy5 Jun 20, 2014
Jun 20, 2014 Pandaren in the Alliance/Horde This is something that's been bugging me from the beginning of the expansion. We all know a number of pandas joined the Alliance and the Horde, but how were the two factions able to tell them apart? Last time I checked, all pandas looked the same. Unless the black haired pandas went to the Alliance and the brown ones went to the Horde or vice versa. Which doesn't make sense since Asya and Ji both had black hair. I also wouldn't put it past Varian or Garrosh to consider using the pandaren to spy on the opposing faction. If that ever did happen, I would assume after over a year, they would've figured out a way to stop that spying. I'm just curious to see what you all think about this.Falkx10 Jun 20, 2014
Jun 20, 2014 What Happens To All the Whelps? I was just thinking, since Dragons seem to lay an absurd amount of eggs, and have an absurd amount of children, why aren't the skies flooded with dragons? Especially considering it seems dragons are immortal. Also, since there are so many whelps, do they ALL get individual names, and the same amount of love and care? Dragons are sentient, intelligent beings, so it's hard to imagine that they just lay eggs and don't care about them.Bloodgrip10 Jun 20, 2014
Jun 20, 2014 Apparently Fel isn't Plague ... Judging from this Tweet from Loreology: Fel is Entropic yet Plague is not. So it seems Fel is Entropic/Death energy while Plague seems to be Life energy(possibly mixed with Nature since Blood Magic is said to be pure Life magic). Of course it's obvious that both Life and Death spells do Shadow damage which is either because of Game Mechanics(most likely) or because both Life, Reality and Shadow come from a clash of Light(which does Holy damage) and Void(which like Shadow, Fel/Entropic Energies, Plague and Life does Shadow damage).Archpaladin58 Jun 20, 2014
Jun 20, 2014 Fel magic,life,immortality,#Sargeras is good Let me start off by stating that all Demons are immortal, immortal in the sense that they don't die from aging. Those who use Fel magic take on the appearance of Demons and those that are exposed to too much Fel energy are completely transformed into Demons. Even those who don't use Fel magic and are exposed to it slowly take on the appearance of Demons. Fel magic destroys life, yet at the same time gives life. "Peroth'arn was speechless. Sargeras had marked him so? He quickly downed another huge gulp of wine, his eyes wide and calculating. How the others would have envied him. "To his enemies, Sargeras is death incarnate, but to those who serve him, he is benevolence unbridled." Xavius guided the flask to Pero'tharn's lips again. "He took me from beyond. He drew me back and granted me not only life again, but a special place at his side" Excerpt From: World of Warcraft: War of the Ancients: The Demon Soul Sargeras, who wields Fel magic, gives his followers new life (an immortal life) by transforming them into Demons. http://wowpedia.org/Zoltan Zoltan says: [Demonic] Our Master, protector of all life, will soon blind all of the heretics and grants us immeasurable power! ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- "Kur'kul sighed as if Durotan were a foolish child. "I have the ability to accentuate their growth," "They writhed in pain, screaming and flailing on the earth as bones were stretched, as skin and muscle burst into unnatural growth. A sickly green line linked the children to the warlock, as if he was sucking the very life out of them. The expression on Kur'kul's face was ecstatic. If the children were suffering, he most definitely was not. For an awful moment, Durotan feared the warlock would not stop at age twelve, but would continue draining life from the children until they were shriveled and ancient. Except From: World of Warcraft: Rise of the Horde If the victim of drain life ages, the caster of drain life receives life. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Medivh raised his other hand, and pain shot through Khadgar's body; The joints of his skeleton seemed to seethe with red-hot spikes that subsided quickly into dull, throbbing pains. His chest tightened, and his flesh felt like it dried out and crawled along his frame. He felt like the fluids were being pulled from his body, leaving a shriveled husk behind. Excerpt From: Warcraft: The Last Guardian. Warlocks used the ability Health Funnel in-game to suffer by giving a portion of their life to their Demons and sustain them. Clearly Medivh used a spell akin to Health Funnel and made Khadgar suffer, taking a portion of his life. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Another instance of Fel magic giving life is when Gul'dan sacrificed life to create the first Death Knights, who were given "new life" through reanimation. "As he and Doomhammer watched, the corpse stirred. Its fingers closed tightly around the truncheon, which began to glow. That light spread to the body's hand, then up along its arm, slowly infusing the entire form with a green aura." Except From: World of Warcraft: Tides of Darkness ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Now, some consider Undeath as a blessing, the members of the Cult of the Damned are an example of this. Mal'Ganis was here, he was behind the plague, and even as Arthas's men, who also heard the voice, turned and sought the source, the doors of a house where villagers had been hiding was flung open and walking corpses hastened out, their bodies limned by a green, sickly glow. Excerpts From: World of Warcraft: Arthas The Plague of Undeath was demonic (Fel) in nature, it sapped the life of its victims then raised the victims into a state of Undeath. Another example of Fel raising the dead is Madrigosa, who when exposed to a Pit Lord's Felblood, was raised from the dead, and became Felmyst. http://wowpedia.org/Madrigosa http://wowpedia.org/Felmyst ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- It's always been my theory that Sargeras wants to cleanse the world of his fellow Titans' unnatural works and let the universe return to its natural state, which is chaotic, which the Demons are, so he is giving new life, a demonic life, to those who help him, and destroying those who oppose him. From my point of view, and hopefully many others', Sargeras is much more knowledgeable, reasonable, and understandable than any other Titan. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The Titans are very calculating, and at the same time, they aren't able to see the big picture because they are too focused calculating. Let's discuss Norgannon: http://wowpedia.org/Norgannon I believe that you will find that my gift to you is not just a profound duty--which it is--but also a delight--which it is! Magic must be regulated, managed, and controlled. But it must also be appreciated and valued and not hoarded. Such is the contradiction you must deal with. May you be dutiful...and joyous both. - Blessing of the Blue Aspect You can appreciate and value magic and not hoard it, there is no contradiction involved. When you hoard something, you become addicted to it, but that does not mean you appreciate or value whatever you're addicted to less, others may think that, but that doesn't make it true. Anyways......Norgannon tells Malygos that magic must be regulated, managed, and controlled, which means there are limitations placed. Khadgar's face knitted. "But things don't happen like that." "In the normal world, no they do not," said Medivh. "But magic is the art of circumventing the normal. That's why the philosophical debates in the halls of the Kirin Tor are so much buffle and blow. They seek to place rationality upon the world, and regulate its motions. Excerpt From: The Last Guardian Mages usually stick to laws and regulations and seek to control Arcane magic. Medivh, who was possessed by Sargeras, understood this. Sargeras and those others who use Fel magic aren't as limited as those who seek to regulate/control magic. "The demon's spellcasters allowed no limits to their imagination. They worked to create whatever their abilities allowed, the better to gain their ultimate goal. While the goal itself was not to be admired, the efforts of the warlocks surely were." Excerpt From: World of Warcraft: War of the Ancients: The Demon Soul Sargeras isn't limited like his fellow Titans who seeks to regulate order and he understands that the universe was once chaotic. There is a sense of order in a chaotic environment where change is a constant. For example, Illidan recieved Sargeras' demonic and magical view of the world, and remembering Rhonin's advice to concentrate, Illidan was able to perceive the world around him with much clarity, becoming extremely powerful. "This was Sargeras' gift to him, a demonic, magical view of the world. Then, Illidan Stormraged recalled the words of Rhonin, the human wizard. Focus, the powerful spellcaster had so often insisted to him. Focus and it all comes together. That's the key... Forcing back his initial shock, Illidan tried to follow through. It was nigh impossible, at first, for there seemed an endless chaos, much too much for a mere mortal like him to control. But, with the same resolution that had propelled him up so quickly among the Moon Guard, Illidan forced order upon matters. The colors began to organize, the energy to flow with regularity and purpose. Shapes began to form from the natural energies inherent in all things, alive or inanimate. Excerpt From: World of Warcraft: The War of the Ancients: The Sundering Sargeras is very logical and at the same time mad. Medivh was viewed as mad a few times throughout the Last Guardian novel. Edit: Psychopaths, who are viewed as crazy, are sometimes depicted as charming, appealing, and very smart. Does anyone else think Sargeras is the smartest and most relatable of the Titans?Fúl372 Jun 20, 2014
Jun 20, 2014 Elune's Shadow & Warlords of Draenor Hi Guys! So I was just on YouTube and I came across a music track from the Warlords of Draenor beta(?) build titled "Elune's Shadow" by Russell Brower -- a man who has done a number of tracks for World of Warcraft. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m56sO2fpS2Q I'm a huge fan of this part of the World of Warcraft lore, all things Elune! I'm honestly completely surprised that such a track would exist for Warlords of Draenor. Could this mean we are going to learn more about the origins of Elune and her powers??? I mean.. "Elune's Shadow" there's been a number of discussions over the years between lore fanatics regarding Night Elf Shadow Priests and their powers. I think we could be in for a treat regarding Elune with Warlords of Draenor and this is something totally unexpected, at least for me. What are your guys thoughts? :)Haidene68 Jun 20, 2014
Jun 19, 2014 World of Warcraft Lore Is there is a location where I can read the lore of WoW zone by zone?Goriat1 Jun 19, 2014
Jun 19, 2014 Warcraft Elimination Game:The Kirin. Tor For those of you who haven't seen this thread before, in each post you can hurt one person who lead the Kirin Tor and heal another, and will continue to do so until one winner is left standing. For example Guy 5 Dude 5 Heal Guy, Hurt Dude Guy 6 Dude 4 Rules: 1) Everyone starts at 5 health, however, if I feel the game is moving too slowly I will decrease everybody's health bar by 2 unless it puts someone at 1 or kills them. 2) To prevent fanboyism, you can only post once per page. In the case that the game moves slow, if it has been 4 hours since your last post on the page, you can post again, knowing that it resets your 4 hour timer. Furthermore, if you happen to be last on the current page, you cannot be first on the next page unless your 4 hours runs out. 3) Once the final 4 is hit, there will be a 40 cap imposed on all characters. Simply meaning, you cannot heal anyone past 40. 4) If I or anyone suspects anyone else of using alts, they can check it by using the ignore feature. If it comes up with other posters on the same page, you're banned from the game. Any further posts you make will be cast aside. All the people you healed will be hurt, and vice versa. Any faction you spammed hurt on in this fashion may be brought back depending on how fast people caught it. 5) If you see an error in the score, correct it. Be specific at where you found it so others can see it as well. 6) Please refrain from clogging up the pages with discussion <Add Anyone in the Kirin Tor Aswell> Heal Antonidas hurt Jaina Antonidas:6 Aniserm:5 Rhonin:5 Jaina:4Elthrendas291 Jun 19, 2014
Jun 19, 2014 If Nethergarde Keep holds out... I posted this over in general, but it felt more like it should be here: ...Carmageddon37 Jun 19, 2014
Jun 19, 2014 The most pressing question of Mists. ...Why is there a giant bushchicken with a guitar outside the Golden Rose?Darethy17 Jun 19, 2014
Jun 19, 2014 The Titans and Azeroth Why exactly were they so persistent with ensuring Azeroth continued to be prosperous with their creations and life? It's stated that "The titans attempted to remove the Old Gods, but found that the Old God infestation had grown too severe to remove without completely destroying Azeroth. Instead they bound the Old Gods within Azeroth." So why exactly did they take the time to purge Azeroth, build cities, make living creatures, create an entire alternate realm for Elementals, establish Watchers throughout this new world, make a bastion of magic, etc. It seems like a lot of trouble for just one planet that would end up spiraling out of their control anyways. Speaking of which... Aman'Thul, the leader of the Titans, controls time, right? He can see the future, and is arguably one of the most powerful beings in the known universe. Did he not see that this Curse created by the Old Gods he imprisoned would affect his creations, their bastion of power and magic create a race that would summon the servitors of one of his own evil brothers, creatures from other worlds they visited would bombard in to create more chaos while his own creations retaliated against one another, further loosening his control over a planet he created while another of one his creations he gave power to would soon turn evil and take league with the Old Gods he imprisoned to further destroy the perfect little world he spent so much time and effort to make only to have another servitor of a creation he personally bestowed power upon rip his way through the timelines to connect a disgusting, twisted version of it to the "one, true timeline" that could possibly result in the entire planet's destruction.....? For a Titan that can see the future, he sure can't see the future. Unless he can, knows this will all happen, and just decides not to do anything about it. https://i.imgflip.com/9mhv0.jpg So what's the deal here? Why'd the Titans spend so much time working on a planet that would spiral out of control in the first place; something their leader should have seen coming at least a dozen times since all these major events are directly tied to the Titans.Canniibal9 Jun 19, 2014
Jun 18, 2014 The Best Race At... Professions: Engineering I think its obviously either Goblins or Gnomes on Azeroth, but some WoD stuff suggests that the Draenei are pretty skilled too. However, that might be Naaru based stuff not Draenei-made. Alchemy I'm going to say Forsaken or Goblins. Herbalism Nelfs or Tauren Skinning Orcs or Worgen Mining Dwarves Inscription I have no idea Enchanting Belfs Blacksmithing Orcs or Dwarves Jewelcrafting Draenei Leatherworking I have no idea Tailoring No idea Classes Death Knight any race Druid Nelfs Hunters Dwarves or Nelfs Mages Belfs or Draenei Monk Pandaren Paladin Draenei Priest Human or Draenei or Forsaken or Nelf Rogue Goblin or Human Shaman Draenei or Orc or Tauren Warlock Orc or Forsaken Warrior Orc or Human What do you think. Yes or no to these?Flizzro68 Jun 18, 2014
Jun 18, 2014 Rexxar? Okay so,in MoP we've got Chen and Vol'jin together back. I'll admit i'm a rexxar fan boy but , what's up with him.How hard is it for that badass characther to cross the dark portal and kick some orc !@# in orgrimmar.If i recall he helped Build the horde we know today (previously 5.2) Is he old or something like Saurfang?Or its just blizz totaly forgot about him and his pet misha? So here is my statement. I'm a troll dk and i vote Rexxar for Warchief 2014!Dartharuel15 Jun 18, 2014
Jun 18, 2014 WoD changes ... so did Terokkar Forest exist? Hey, just re-reading 'Rise of the Horde' to get caught back up on the orc lore ... page 31, it says young Durotan was on the fringe of the Terokkar Forest, but looking at new WoD maps, would it have been called Terokkar Forest back then? At the time of the novel, no one could have predicted WoD so this may just be one of the fun things we'll come across that's different due to the time travel stuff. Just thought it was interesting.Faithinlight4 Jun 18, 2014
Jun 18, 2014 Azeroth vs. Atropal/Demi-Lich Just bored and wondering this question to myself but if instead of Arthas and Kel'Thuzad, Azeroth was forced to contend with an Atropal and a pissed off Demi-Lich looking to conquer the planet on the grounds of "Just because I was bored"..... how would we fare do you think? Given that neither of these opponents will be vain or try to prove a point and will instead be going for the kill non-stop. http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Atropal http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Demilich For this we will assume that the Demi-Lich's Phylactery is an unknown object that is located somewhere within the Astral Plane (Nether in this case) in addition to its 8 soul gems.Vanargyros4 Jun 18, 2014
Jun 18, 2014 Genn Greymane ...is the most pointless character ever. Did you notice he is the only racial leader for either faction that doesn't show up at the end of the Siege of Orgrimmar? In fact, the only time I recall him showing up in any capacity this expansion was when you're doing the Lion's Landing quest chain where he shows up for a single quest (for seemingly no real reason) and his only line is, "By the Light!" when he sees a lesser Sha for the first time. Haven't read Wolfheart yet, but in Tides of Darkness and Beyond the Dark Portal, he's basically a wussy who just complains a lot and doesn't really ever participate in aiding the Alliance in any capacity. Yet, unlike Perenolde, he doesn't openly betray the Alliance either, so he's just a really bland pointless character who basically exists solely to put the "king" in "kingdom" when describing Gilneas. If you level as a Worgen, you'll discover that he had a son, Liam, who was actually kind of cool/badass and got some character development, but before you ding 10 he gets killed and then you attend his funeral! Why couldn't Genn die instead and we could have Liam as the fresh new king of Gilneas/Worgen racial leader? It would have made a lot more sense for a new king to be crowned in Gilneas considering the massive changes that its people have endured recently.Rockfist94 Jun 18, 2014
Jun 18, 2014 Scumbag Genn Greymane *Says he will never abandon the Alliance again their time of need in Wolfheart* *Only sends 1 worgen to help in 5.1*Delurk21 Jun 18, 2014
Jun 18, 2014 Primal Azeroth (Predating Arrivals of Titans) After seeing the #savage Draenor, I couldn't help but wonder... Can you imagine what Azeroth looked like before the Titans reshaped the world? We know there were some sapiens races predating the coming of the Titans; Trolls (they called the Titans as Travelers), Aqir (later become Qiraji, Nerubian and Mantid) and from the tweet it is said the faceless creatures (and not the Tauren, which raised the origins question). But what about animals? What about landscape before they made mountains and Titanic facilities? Were the base elements still Elemental Beings roaming around making wars to entertain their Old Gods? Some Elemental animals may have been imprisoned to the respective elemental planes after that, only the fleshy beasts remained on Azeroth, and most of them would have been the Dinosaurs. When did the dinosaurs and proto-drakes evolve? Before or after the Titans? Evidences suggested they existed before the arrivals of the Titans since Un'goro "experimenting" facility showed the preserved animals from that era. Which raised the question: did the Ancients, which are more of modern animals, come to existence after the Well of Eternity? There are no Dinosaur ancients, but they exist as Trolls' Loa, at least the raptor loa Gonk in the Darkspear. Are the Ancients byproducts of Well of Eternity? Or perhaps guided evolution from the "blue-print" Emerald Dream? And Elune seemed to appear after the Well of Eternity is made, and is associated with many Ancients, including her "son" Cenarius.Mokgath6 Jun 18, 2014
Jun 18, 2014 Giants of Draenor: an Infographic Since there's so many new ogre and giant subspecies coming to light in WoD I made a chart showing what I think the connections between them are. http://i.imgur.com/0Mj03j5.png Thoughts?Applebomb7 Jun 18, 2014
Jun 18, 2014 Are all characters bound to 1 class lorewise? got to thinking about this he other day. I realize for game mechanics, we can only have 1 class per character. are there any characters in the universe as a whole that are somewhat of a mix? Maybe someone who is a proclaimed shaman that can have a druid ability or two? maybe a rogue that has a lock talent? is it established anywhere in the game that a character HAS to follow only 1 class path and not delve into any other just even a little bit?Theranash24 Jun 18, 2014
Jun 17, 2014 Physically strongest Horde race They were starting to go down that hill in the Alliance race thread so I posted one for Horde. Ogres>Tauren=Taunka>Forest Trolls=Orcs>Pandaren>Jungle Trolls>Blood Elves>Undead>Goblins>Hozen Yeah I added Hozen, surprised Jinyu, High Elves, and Broken didn't get any respect in the Alliance thread.Grazzbek15 Jun 17, 2014
Jun 17, 2014 What the Aliance get. Well I went over to genral chat and all I saw was HORDE BIAS HORDE BIAS WE WANT A BIKE. Well let us see what the Aliance get in WoD We get the Park back We get KHADGAR a mage so powerful he could probally put Jaina to shame. for our main base we get the temple of Karabor AKA the Black Temple, in a very beautiful uncorrputed Shadowmoon Valley We get to fight both Ner'Zul and Gul'Dan two MAJOR chars in the Warcraft storyline. So what if the horde get a motorbike .....we get a lot more.Gàborn194 Jun 17, 2014
Jun 17, 2014 Forsaken I don't think I've seen this explained anywhere. What are the Forsaken forsakened (that's not a word, I know) from? Is it just a cool name? What were they forsakened by?Trvplawd77 Jun 17, 2014
Jun 17, 2014 Delurk Bloodsnarl and the War in the North 3 My nuts live to see another day. Part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLn94adUpq0 Part 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcLXpWoiq8U Part 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1quBde0YJ7c Compliments? Share them, as always. Criticism? Keep it constructive (and don't whine about nameplates, i don't want to hear it).Delurk9 Jun 17, 2014
Jun 16, 2014 Fate of the imperialistic Horde. What do you think will happen the Horde in WoD? Do you think it'll go back to a state similar to Cata, or more along the lines of BC? Vol'jin would indicate the latter, but I'm interested in your thoughts.Delurk60 Jun 16, 2014