Story Forum

Jul 15, 2014 WoW Insider piece on Yrel Linked on Twitter by Dave Kosak (some spoilers): http://wow.joystiq.com/2014/07/13/know-your-lore-yrel-draenors-light/Kragen33 Jul 15, 2014
Jul 14, 2014 Arthas Infused with deathwing? So I got an idea. What would happen if we were to put Arthas ,the legandray lich knig and Deathwing together? With the same powers. The scorge and twilights hammer bolth work together. So like you would have gaint super death dragon of fire and frost It would like asumeHowlen9 Jul 14, 2014
Jul 14, 2014 Who else thinks... ...An expansion based in an AU future would've been more interesting than an expac based in the AU past? At least in the AU future, they don't recycle villains, which they've been disturbingly doing alot of as of late (Looking at you, Cho'gall, Ragnaros, and Garrosh)Delurk18 Jul 14, 2014
Jul 14, 2014 Troll Lore I only started playing since 5.1 or so, so I don't know a whole lot. I'm about to start a troll that I will attempt to dedicate to learning the troll lore with in-game (as much as I can learn in-game anyway), but I don't know where to start with zones or dungeons and such. Can anyone tell me which zones have the most Troll lore? Also, I've been meaning to learn the lore of WoW in general, but as I said, I don't know where to start. I've looked around and I've only found those links to the books that were sanctioned by Blizzard. I'm really only looking for a comprehensive summary of the lore at this point and if I want to get more details then I will read the books. Any advice/links?Veipharus14 Jul 14, 2014
Jul 14, 2014 Dead Scar As you all should know, The Dead Scar is the path Arthas and his army took while fighting their way to the Sunwell. It is stated in The Eversong quest-line that "The very nature of the soil has been changed" meaning that its irreversible according to this quest. But what makes the Dead Scar different from the taint in the Plaguelands? Why couldn't the Argent Crusade and Cenarion Circle heal the Dead Scar as they are the Plaguelands?Sooty2 Jul 14, 2014
Jul 14, 2014 Alliances outside major factions What alliances/friendships do the races have that exist outside of their own faction? For instance, draenei have: blood elves, redeemed arakkoa, Pandaria natives, ethereals, stillpine furbolgs, and naaru. In WoD they'll also have faerie dragons, Shadowmoon Exiles, and botani(at least I think so). I know night elves got stripped of most of their allies from WC3. What about other races?Lena4 Jul 14, 2014
Jul 14, 2014 Looking for this transmog Hi guys, honestly, I had no idea where to post this and thought, considering this is for an RP toon, why not here! I have it mind for my priest and/or mage. Ok here is the link: http://www.wowwiki.com/File:Highborne_of_zin_azshari_by_vaanel-d4m0an5.jpg The x-mog I have in mind is the one 3rd left, holding the staff. I am thinking this is probably just 'fan-art' gear but, I have hopes. I especially love the head piece and also love the way her hair actually still comes through. I guess similar would be the priest cataclysmic set however, the helm chops off the hair :( I also quite like the set of the Highborne standing on the left of Azshara. When looking at these, while they seem very basic in design, the detail is exceptionally nice. I'm kind of hoping Blizz would go in this direction with tiers/season sets instead of huge, 'look-at-me' shoulders/helm/robes which always seem to get bigger to precede the previous set. Any help would be so greatly appreciated!Lanfear4 Jul 14, 2014
Jul 14, 2014 Oh the Humanity! (aren't the entire Alliance) Since the "Warlord of Draenor Beta Lore Thread" was being devoured by page after page of this argument, I made this thread for the discussion of diversity in the Alliance military and if it matters.Threeslotbag323 Jul 14, 2014
Jul 14, 2014 Why did kairoz help garrosh? Do we know yet? All I've found is "Chromie reveals that, with the loss of Nozdormu's power, the Bronze Dragonflight can no longer see the future so clearly as before - and yet, despite this, many of the dragons believe they should not be shepherding time, but rather altering it to bring about the best possible outcome, and Kairoz is one of these dragons." (Stolen directly from wow insider know your lore). How is creating the iron horde the best possible outcome? Does kairoz know of some much more horrible future that only the iron horde can avert?Amorlothus5 Jul 14, 2014
Jul 14, 2014 How come there are evil shamans? When you read Rise of the Horde you learn that shamans don't demand anything from the elements, but they humbly ask for it. The elements give it, or not. This is one of the difference between the ways of the shamans and those of the warlocks. But later you see shamans like Magatha Grimtotem, who can use the elements power for evil, like when she kills Garrosh's courrier in her tent in Thunder Bluff (The Shattering: Prelude to Cataclysm). How is that explained?Perroz10 Jul 14, 2014
Jul 14, 2014 What happened to Illidan's body? If he's even dead, that is.Bianea14 Jul 14, 2014
Jul 14, 2014 How would old god blood affect a demon? Kinda odd question, but how do you think a demon (say a dreadlord) would be affected if he drank Old God blood?Milodus15 Jul 14, 2014
Jul 13, 2014 Whose fault was the Sha? Was the entire outbreak of the Sha due to the Faction War? The way Taran Zhu talks and the way the initial storyline develops in the Jade Forest, we are made to believe that this is the case. However, there are many other parties in Pandaria that could have caused this. These include Mogu, Saurok, Zandalari, and Mantid. In fact, before we even reach certain locations, the outbreaks occur, with some exceptions. These instances include the Yaungol towns, the Mantid Swarm, Krasarang Wilds, etc. The exceptions being the Jade Statue, the Horde in the Temple of the Red Crane, etc. So I basically have two questions. As I said before, is the rise of the Sha due to the actions of the Faction War? If it is, then do all of the Sha in the continent work in a sense of unison and direction, meaning did the random Sha powered Mantid Swarm and those other non Faction War related instances have a link to the Horde Alliance related conflicts occurring at the time in the opposite side of the continent? My guess is that a sense did exist, guided by Y'Shaarj, I don't know if this is confirmed or not, considering he created it. Thanks!Dranath68 Jul 13, 2014
Jul 13, 2014 The Forsaken and their Allegiance Something that I've never quite understood was why the new Forsaken were so quick to abandon their previous lives and everything attached to it. Galen Trollbane, a descendant of a proud family of highly respected humans, betrayed the trust of his kin by giving up the location of the sword he was charged with protecting "for the Banshee Queen". I understand that perhaps they no longer associate themselves with what they once were, but that does not excuse the actions of many of the Forsaken, who are more than willing to kill, betray or otherwise forsake their own friends and family. Is there an actual reason as to *why* they are so quick to abandon their former life in the service to the Banshee Queen, and to march off from the graveyard where they were ressurected with the full knowledge that they are going to slaughter more of their own kind (Southshore, the Sludge Fields, every battle the Forsaken have ever participated in, etc). It's just something that I believe is a bit strange, especially considering how much emphasis humans have placed on Family, Honor, and the Holy Light. It's a bit like someone walking up behind you, shanking you, taking you somewhere and patching you up, and telling you to go and kill your family in the name of Satan (or whatever the equivalent is of your anti-Christ within your religion) because "Hey, we kinda saved your life when you were gonna die, even if it might've been our fault, so if you could abandon everything you once held dear and go and betray everyone you knew that'd be great."Tharenar21 Jul 13, 2014
Jul 13, 2014 What would happen if elvs drank demonblood Enay one know the anser to this one?Howlen7 Jul 13, 2014
Jul 13, 2014 Killing Off Lore Characters At this point, I think they need to kill off several characters: Thrall - He should have died in the SoO, and his death would have served to galvanize the base in WoD as we explore the New Horde. Saurfang - Old Age. Sylvanas - She should have died during WotLK, but I would like to see her killed off and replaced by Calia Menethil. Tyrande and Malfurion - Replaced with Jarod Shadowsong. Lillian Voss - I don't know why people like her. Honestly, I thought her storyline died in Scholomance. ... For example, I liked the Council of Three Hammers plotline after the Shattering. On a side note, I consider the Cataclysm lore to be horrible in nature, and I'm tired of the "save the world from the bag guy" via their death. Why are we killing off Deathwing, Arthas, Illidan, et cetera? What's wrong with having a Joker? P.S. I hate the lore about the Aspects losing their powers. It ranks up there with the Guardian issue, et cetera. P.S.S. On an additional note, as a fan of the Sin'dorei, despite their losses, it comes off as bad storytelling that a family line of over 10,000 years with, at a minimum, twenty generations before the WotA, would only have one scion left in their family line. We need another Sunstrider on the throne and the Conclave of Silvermoon reintroduced.Aenistris48 Jul 13, 2014
Jul 13, 2014 So Deeprun Tram... Is there a reason someone hasn't sabotaged that yet? Lore-wise I mean obviously we know why it's there gameplay-wise but Lore-wise is there a reason that someone hasn't taken some sea-foam explosive or other various means of destruction to those so lovely glass view windows.Vyerra46 Jul 13, 2014
Jul 13, 2014 Our Velen and Dreanor Velen. (Spoiler alert) So pretty simple question here, what makes Dreanor's velen willing to sacrifice himself to save karabor while our Velen just up and left?Butters19 Jul 13, 2014
Jul 12, 2014 I don't understand Ashran Please note: this has nothing to do with the whole capital change!!!! I don't know if they have addressed this before, and of course I understand that many of these things we won't know until further in beta (please avoid any spoilers). Why is the Horde and Alliance fighting in Ashran? An ENTIRE island devoted to the Alliance-Horde war. I thought this expansion was going to be partially about reconciliation. Blood elf Blood Knights working with Draenei in Shadowmoon and kaldorei wardens with Frostwolves, at least that's what someone told me in a previous topic I made. We just got out of Pandaria, Vol'jin is the Warchief, and the two factions are trying their best to keep peace. Ashenvale has been returned, Alliance officially take their leave from Southern Barrens, etc. (Sylvanas is the exception but that's another conversation). What is the reasoning of this massive battle while we must fight the Iron Horde? Saying that there is another cold war like in Vanilla, BC, and early WotLK is bs because Battlegrounds, which are virtually skirmishes, pale in comparison to a huge, perpetual island war (Wintergrasp also falls in this category, I don't understand that either).Dranath95 Jul 12, 2014
Jul 12, 2014 Creationism or evolution, a wow family tree. though i am sure there are creationists out there that believe all the race in wow were created by the almighty blizzard... but i like to think that they all were "created or evolved" from one another such as the night elves being split into the high elves and naga and so on. so getting to my question. has anyone seen or made such a family tree displaying the origins of the races and where they deviated from one another, starting at the old gods and titans leading down to races such as the kobold and the broken. if such a time line has yet to be made i hereby pass the task on to blizzard, create a full family tree of azeroth and beyond. as i am sure i am not the only fan who would very much enjoy seeing this. or at least claim divine creation, but """please, show your work" as many 4th grade teachers tell their students" i tried ancestory.com but they werent much help. k thnx byeBlådes16 Jul 12, 2014
Jul 12, 2014 Troll Tribes Which is the most impressive of the Troll tribes? I'm thinking it comes down to: Drakkari Zandalari Amani Gurubashi Farraki? For me, it's the Drakkari. Every time I fly into Zul'Drak I'm reminded of the impressive resistance the Drakkari put up against the Lich King. And I get kind of annoyed that we went in and meddled in their business, especially considering we had a common enemy.Danemyrr15 Jul 12, 2014
Jul 12, 2014 Lore breaking race/class combos Which is the most nonsensical, obnoxiously lore-breaking race/class combination in the game right now? Which would you like to see added to the game anyways?Hemeramphump105 Jul 12, 2014
Jul 12, 2014 Who's your favorite lore character Mine would have to be Anduin Lothar. He may not have been in World of Warcraft but we see his legacy living on such as his statue and the sons of Lothar. His story is one of my favorites, a man of 57 that can still be considered one of the greatest warriors on Azeroth is inspiring to me. Who's your favorite Character? Please give description if you feel like it I'm curious to see why they are your favorite.Akaveary122 Jul 12, 2014
Jul 12, 2014 Haven't played Horde all expansion... And now I want to go play my goblin shaman again. What can I still see in-game, story-wise? What did I miss and will I not be able to see again? I imagine Org went through some crazy changes with SoO and the Darkspear dailies, and all. Any fun or interesting things I've missed due to the development in the story/phasing/patches..?Virina10 Jul 12, 2014
Jul 12, 2014 Stormwind Coup d'etat I was reading about Stormwind back in Classic when Varian was still missing. I know Bolvar was the Regent Lord, but on Archbishop Benedictus's wowpedia page, it says he led a successful coup agaisnt Bolvar and became Stormwind's faction leader for a patch or two. Then Bolvar got the throne back somehow. So I have a few questions regarding this subject. 1. How was Benedictus able to overthrow Bolvar? 2. What happened to Bolvar during Benedictus's reign? 3. How did Bolvar reclaim the throne? 4. Did anything happen to Benedictus after Bolvar came back into power? Thanks in advance for anyone who can answer this.Falkx8 Jul 12, 2014
Jul 12, 2014 How long was Benedictus in on it? I need to know. How long was Benedictius in kahoots with the Twilight Hammer? Guess if there is no solid answer.Delurk20 Jul 12, 2014
Jul 12, 2014 Mogu Fleshshaping and Spiritbinding Lei Shen used Fleshshaping to reshape the Mogu from flesh to stone.... He did so to himself.... He turned himself to platinum....... Or some other metal.... He died despite being a statue..... Yu'lon has a short lifespan and has to possess new statues every hundred years after Spiritbinding herself to a Jade Statue despite originally being an immortal Ancient.... Iron Qon on the other hand has lived for centuries.... As has the Twin Consorts..... Of course the Twin Consorts were created by the Thunder King and as such were stone entities to begin with so it would seem that the souls of beings of flesh are unable to hold onto stone bodies for long.... Thoughts?Yvenathilm8 Jul 12, 2014
Jul 12, 2014 Delete! Posted in wrong forum. Silly me. >.<Malkil3 Jul 12, 2014
Jul 12, 2014 Is N'zoth the last old old god? Is n'zoth the last old god on azeroth?Lorkhan43 Jul 12, 2014
Jul 11, 2014 The Darkmoon Faire Secrets Ever since they released patch 4.3, I've loved the Darkmoon Fair. First of all, you have all all the minigames. Sure one or two are boring, but come on. Who doesn't love getting shot out of a cannon? Or running around smashing gnolls (or babies, if you're a poor shot ;))with a giant hammer? Then, you have the prizes. Giant dancing bears that you can ride, little monkeys with fezzes to follow you around, or even just a silly little foam sword. Third, you have the fun carnival feel to it. Like the petting zoo, which I always make sure to stop by at when doing the turtle ring tossing daily, and the fireworks, and the ponies. Last, but most certainly not least, you have the haunting aura to it. For example, when you die, you can find 7 ghosts who wander the island who can never rest eternally. There's also a burned down house on top of a hill near where you teleport in. Who lived there? Why did their house burn down? Does their spirit still haunt the place? Oh, and lets not forget Old Rona Greenteeth, the old cannibal who lives in the woods who'll sell you the meat of your fellow comrades. So yeah. All in all, a pretty awesome place. But on to what I wrote this article for. Basically, while adventuring through the wondrous lands of pandaria, I've noticed that when I fish, I sometimes can get sealed crates. And inside these crates are certain products. Certain products that are only found at the darkmoon faire. Such as Crunchy Frogs, or Cheap Beer, etc. So I think to myself, how did these get way out here in a land that has supposedly been separated from the rest of the world for over 10,000 years? My hypothesis is, is that the Darkmoon Faire is actually an island, hiddden just beyond the mists of pandaria. The island is even described (taken from WoW insider) as Mist-shrouded Darkmoon Island is a conundrum wrapped in an enigma. It's a place of mystery and wonder, and you wouldn't believe the deals we made to get it... or who we made 'em with.If you'll notice, the colors on the map (preschooler logic go!) and the shape of Darkmoon Island are slightly similar to those off the coast of Karasang Wilds. There is also a spot on Darkmoon Island that is particularly misty, but that probably doesn't mean anything. So lets assume that I'm right for one second. If so, then how in the heck did Silas Darkmoon (creator of the Darkmoon Farie) discover said island? We know he had to make deals to get it, and that we wouldn't believe who he made them with. Remember, all of this was prior to patch 5.0.4, when the mists officially lifted. So does this mean that Silas somehow came in contact with a Pandaren? And if so, who? Time to put on the tinfoil hats :) Now I'm going to make a huge assumption here. I’m willing to bet that Silas is much, much, older than he appears, and most likely much more powerful. If any of you have looked into the lore of pandaria, or played through the pandaren starting zone, you've probably heard of Liu Lang, or the first pandaren explorer. Basically, he set out on the back of a small sea turtle to explore the wonders of the world outside of Pandaria. Now, the tales also state that he set out off the coast of Karasang Wilds, where I have predicted Darkmoon Island lays. So lets say that after setting off, just beyond the mists, or perhaps inside the mists, he discovers a small lonely island. Liu senses that there are many a great terror hidden within this island, and decides to mark it on his map for future reference. So along he goes, and for a great while, he completely forgets about the island. And then he meets Silas. Now Silas, at first glance, is just a lil gnome looking for a place to put a carnival, but Liu knows that Silas is far more powerful than he looks. He decides to make a deal with him. In exchange for the island, Silas must keep the great terrors that lurk within it jailed. The deal is made, and so Silas gets his island and begins establishing his dream carnival there. Of course, he knows that the island harbors many more secrets than what Liu had told him. After all, he was speaking to a freakin' pandaren! Which is why he tells people not to wander off into the woods alone......you might find old god bunnies lurking in caves ;) So anyways, there ends my speculation on the Darkmoon island. Please tell me yours as well! I'd love to hear what you people think!Venzio7 Jul 11, 2014
Jul 11, 2014 The Pandaren Campaign [Likely Spoiler Thread] Hey guys, I know I'm behind on this, but I just came back to the game maybe about a month ago. Actually, I don't even remember this board existing at the point I left the game ;_; But alas, I just finished the Dominance Offensive questline, and it is definitely the most interested I have been in lore progression in WoW since...probably Yogg-Saron in Wrath. Unfortunately, I no longer have an Alliance character because all my friends play Horde :( So, that being the case, there is an entire half of the story that I'm missing. I'm really hoping someone here would be willing to fill in these holes for me. and particularly tell me what the political environment is like, especially in parallel to the Horde side. In exchange for this, for anyone that may not know the Horde side, I will write it out below, as well as what the relevance of the parts seems to mean on a grand scale. I'm not going to project my ideas onto a new expansion, or anyone else...I just want to know the story as it stands now, because I feel it is going to be very instrumental in not only setting up the latter half of this expansion along with the Black Prince storyline, but also the next (and maybe final?) expansion. Thank you in advance! This community looks awesome!Naneth21 Jul 11, 2014
Jul 11, 2014 7 Human Nation Demonims https://twitter.com/Loreology/status/443056949995659264 ...Arlifrex19 Jul 11, 2014
Jul 11, 2014 What could have been? (WoW as WC3 followup) Let's start with the Eastern Kingdoms. In WC3, the alliance was made up of humans, dwarves, and elves. The Scourge is essentially their ultimate enemy. So imagine a game based around a map like this: http://imgur.com/5FoXo1v The humans, dwarves, and elves each have their own kingdoms, which is good because it differentiates them from the Horde. So those are in blue. Surrounding them is where they have to fight off the Scourge invasion. It only makes sense that they are allied. Expand the Deeprun Tram to get you to Silvermoon, even. This is a powerful faction with at least 3 unique races. And the forsaken. It doesn't make sense that former Lordaeron humans would be hated SO MUCH by the Stormwind humans that they need to be annihilated. There is every indication that the forsaken want the Scourge gone as well. So give them a plotline as part of this alliance. They are a small rebel camp, basically, so it would make the most sense for them to just be based out of the Undercity, a stronghold that can protect them from being all wiped out at once. So that's what could have happened in the Eastern Kingdoms. The only thing that's even remotely difficult to buy into is the fact that a faction of free-willed undead humans and elves would ally with free-willed living humans and elves, but it only makes sense, and besides, death knights in the real WoW. Make up some reason to throw gnomes in there if you feel obligated, but I wouldn't. --------------- The orcs, tauren, and trolls can still form the Horde in Kalimdor. The draenei can still crash-land in Kalimdor (for some invented reason), where they encounter the Horde and join them. WHAT?!, you ask. Hear me out on this one. The draenei are a tiny population of survivors, just the same as the orcs, trolls, and tauren in WC3. The draenei and the tauren are all about forgiveness. When the tiny population of draenei survivors encounter the tiny population of orc survivors, they aren't going to hate each other. The orcs live in Durotar intentionally because it's subpar. They clearly feel bad about their past. They are to the other orcs what the draenei are to the eredar. They both despise warlocks because it caused the downfall of their greater population. It makes total sense for them to become allies, and the draenei fit right in with the theme of the Horde banding together for its own survival. Then, of course, you have the only major power on the continent, the night elves, who appear to be the best faction to fight the Burning Legion due to their previous victory, which is hunting down the draenei and will obviously follow them to Kalimdor. That's the enemy you fight on Kalimdor. There's obviously a little bad blood between the orcs and night elves, but how much of that existed before WoW? It was basically just a battle in Ashenvale because the orcs didn't understand/didn't care about what the forest was. That's not that huge of an obstacle to get over. The tauren and night elves are natural allies anyway, so it only makes sense. ------ So yeah, that could have all happened, but it didn't. Just some ideas I had when thinking about how the current factions were messed up.Möömöö25 Jul 11, 2014
Jul 11, 2014 What happens with the Draenei in WoD? Being that the game is taking us to Draenor, I was hoping the Draenei would have a greater presence than in previous expansions, but I've heard very little in that regard. My question is, will there finally be an act of revenge for what happened to them at the hand of the Orcs, or any move at all from the beings that, to this point, have done very little to establish their value as permanent members of the Alliance? I'd be very much interested in seeing a demonstration of power from Velen, or even the Vindicators. They're talked up big in the lore, but I want to see it in action.Hobahken109 Jul 11, 2014
Jul 11, 2014 Horde Oath needs addressing The Horde oath states that members must devote complete loyalty to the Warchief. ... There has been an open rebellion within the Horde and the Warchief has been overthrown as a result. Wouldn't it be extremely irresponsible if the oath isn't revisited and / or revised? I can't imagine that EVERY member of the Horde is going to be willfully ignorant of this issue.Kragen31 Jul 11, 2014
Jul 11, 2014 Who's coming on the Draenor expedition? I haven't really kept up, but what characters we've seen before are coming to Draenor with us in the Expedition. Thus far I know; Alliance- Khadgar, Maraad, Taylor Horde- Thrall, Lady Liadrin, Rokhan, Saurfang, Ariok, Neutral- Gazlowe Anyone care to list the rest we know? Newly introduced characters like the warden do not apply.Ximothy16 Jul 11, 2014
Jul 11, 2014 New Yrel game text from Beta Taken from MMO Champ, its not completed yet. Game Text #86254 - Yrel, this is how I always wished to see you. Do not let me down. Game Text #86255 - Game Text #86256 - You have exceeded all my hopes, Yrel. You may proceed. Game Text #86257 - Game Text #86258 - Yrel... how you have grown since last we met. But... is it enough? Are you worthy of leading our people? Game Text #86259 - Now, it is my turn to test your strength. Game Text #86260 - When you face a more powerful foe, will you stand strong? Game Text #86261 - Game Text #86262 - When you stare upon an endless legion, will you be ready to command? Game Text #86263 - Game Text #86264 - When all hope is lost, will you... still... fight? Game Text #86265 - Game Text #86266 - Game Text #86267 - When you look inside yourself and see only darkness, can you still find the Light? Game Text #86268 - What was that? Game Text #86269 - Game Text #86270 - Game Text #86271 - Yrel... it is true. The student has surpassed the teacher. You are ready. Game Text #86272 - If only Prophet Velen could see you now... he would be proud. Game Text #86273 - Rise, Yrel. It is your charge to unite the draenei. Prepare them for what's to come. Game Text #86274 - Farewell... Game Text #86275 - Game Text #86276 - Game Text #86277 - One final trial awaits, Yrel. You must face all three of us Exarchs in combat. Game Text #86278 - You have chosen your champion. Now, let us begin! Game Text #86279 - Ahh, I am defeated. Game Text #86280 - Such strength! Game Text #86281 - I submit! Game Text #86282 - Today, you have completed the trials of the exarch. Game Text #86283 - To us, you have proven courage, kindness, faith, and strength - pillars upon which our society has arisen. Game Text #86284 - However, we measure a leader not by her merit, but by the merit of her friends. Game Text #86285 - Champion, it is YOU who have truly been under trial. Game Text #86286 - $n, we have noted your bravery, your loyalty, and your selflessness. You are a true hero. Game Text #86287 - Your exceptional deeds speak clearly for Lady Yrel's ability to lead. Game Text #86288 - Yrel, do not forget the lessons of today. Help us lead our people. Trust them, and trust in yourself. Game Text #86289 - And now, RISE... Game Text #86290 - EXARCH YREL! Game Text #86294 -Valkyríe31 Jul 11, 2014
Jul 10, 2014 Next Expansion, Ingame hints at Outland again Just getting a feel for what everyone else thinks but it seems pretty obvious. In game, even on the log in loading screen since end uf Cata/beginningMoP, it talks about Turalyon and Alleria who both disappeared in Outland. Chris Metzen has quoted that we are going to need their help in the future. Sargeras has been talked about as the biggest baddie in WoW as an evil Titan. Anybody have any other ideas/evidence? As for the next class, my vote is Demon Hunter. One of the monk trainers in Kun-Lai mentions that he always wanted to be a demon hunter. It would also 90% wear mail as only 2 classes do at the moment, so keeping that in mind for options! Would love to hear some thoughts!Mercruxio24 Jul 10, 2014
Jul 10, 2014 Help a returning player catch up on lore Soooo I just came back, haven't played since the end of Cata. Missed all of MoP basically. I'm going to try and rush through a lot of it before WoD but chances are I won't finish it all. Would love it if you guys could give me a crash course in what happens up to and including the Siege of Org. Spoilers allowed, obviously. Thanks!Erech13 Jul 10, 2014
Jul 9, 2014 Changes to orgrimmar? Do you know if there are going to be changes in orgrimmar after garrosh's downfall in patch 6.0? I don't like the korkron in org and the trolls being killed randomly, it reminds me of the "!@#$ Germany" What do you think? Edit: I was referring to "world war 2 Germany" (I didn't expected the word I used to be censored)Kyouma29 Jul 9, 2014
Jul 9, 2014 Is it possible that Elune is an old God? I know that theory does exist, what do you think about it?Jadonie47 Jul 9, 2014
Jul 9, 2014 Relationship between AU and MU Draenei How do you want it to be? Should they eventually assimilate (become unified) together, basically join forces? Should they remain separate factions (different leaders)? Should they become officially part of the Alliance or remain separate from them? What do you want their relationship to be like?Jadonie26 Jul 9, 2014
Jul 9, 2014 Aegwynn, Medivh and Morgan's Plot Not sure if this is the right place to post something like this, so I'll make it quick. As an avid gamer, I always appreciate a good story in a game. A couple days ago, I was watching multiple videos about Aegwynn and her son, Medivh and their roles as the Guardians/Guardians of Tirisfal. The story in the video ended with Med'an having to bury his dead grandmother, Aegwynn, in Morgan's Plot next to her son, Medivh. Now as I said before, I'm someone who appreciates a good story, and I thought that I would visit the burial site of Medivh and Aegwynn to pay my respects to them. When I got there, I found that the entrance to the crypt was closed off by a gate with no right click option to open it. I spent several minutes trying to get through but decided it was of no use. NOW, what I'm wondering is, if it's not possible to get into the crypt and look around. IS or WAS there any kind of sign, memorial or even a plaque lying around to signify that this was where they were buried. I know from before that people could get into the crypt and look around but that's not the case anymore. Anyone know at all?! Just something I wanted to bring up because I feel there should at least be a monument dedicated to those two.Yigo0 Jul 9, 2014
Jul 9, 2014 Magic question - How do Holy Priests heal? It's a bit of a silly question, but it's something I've always wanted to know. Discipline Priests can use the Light to bolster the willpower of his/her allies, allowing them to withstand pain and harm from physical and magical attacks. Resto Shamans primarily use water and its healing properties as an agent to treat injuries, and Druids heal wounds by manipulating the body's biological processes. So what do Holy Priests do? They use the Light, yes, but I'm not sure on how they use it. What kind of healing is involved? All I know is that they have connections to divine spirits. They can also sing inspiring hymns and recite powerful prayers to help their allies in battle. But what is their overarching theme? The theme of Discipline is built around willpower and endurance (with spells like Power Word: Fortitude, Pain Suppression and Inner Focus), so what about Holy Priests and their spells? What exactly does it feel like to be healed by a Holy Priest?Tamim3 Jul 9, 2014
Jul 9, 2014 Expantion idea I had as a dream So work with me on this one, i dreamed the up and though why the hell not i would post it. So im gonna do TL:dr version. So for some reason azoroth is special right? we always end up in the center of some cosmic shananaganeries. Well why is azoroth so special? did the titans just really like this place? So in this dream i had, it turned out the reason azoroth is such a key planet to the titans is because at its core is a massive manufacturing plant for a titan army/weapons used to fight the legion. Brann in is fool hardy adventures accidentally awakens the facility under us and all the titan machines kick on, and the armys power up. Massive mechanical and titan structures appear far to the south in the seas. The alliance and the horde then have to venture to these forgotten lands and dense jungles to find the titan facilities and shut them down or make it so they are not attacking the inhabitant of azoroth. The whole exp would focus on combating mechanical units, and how they are taking living creatures and re purposing them for machines of war. The final boss would be something like agolon where we stop them form attacking us and get them to fight with us. Long shot but made me giggle when i though of it, that and the concept art would be really cool.Khlorós11 Jul 9, 2014
Jul 9, 2014 The Mightiest Clan. Which clan do you think assists the Iron Horde the most? In my opinion, it's the Blackrocks. Not only do they have weaponry, they have siege machines, armor, and massive warriors, with slaves/gronn to do all the heavy lifting.Delurk22 Jul 9, 2014
Jul 9, 2014 If Lore trumped Gameplay... Night Elf females couldn't be druids, and Night Elf males couldn't be priests. I'd actually be ok with that one. Anyone else have any "If Lore trumped Gameplay" ideas?Threeslotbag110 Jul 9, 2014
Jul 9, 2014 How powerful is Murmmur? As the title states i read the description for him in the dungeon journal and it got me wondering if he could go toe to toe with kil jaeden or azshara.Gávinn22 Jul 9, 2014
Jul 9, 2014 Mists of Pandaria - Story Promo I'd like to say that I was quite entertained by the original Pandaria video with regards to the Alliance Human and the Horde Orc and their fight with the pandaren monk. I was overjoyed with the 54 second follow up video set in the tavern afterwards. These two aptly sum up the Alliance & the Horde vying as enemies but willing to work together (and even have a bit of fun) when faced by a common goal. I'd love to see continued antics of these two continuing on into Warlords of Draenor and beyond... <I've been playing WOW since the early part of the Outland expansion and have thoroughly enjoyed the trip that the creators of WOW have sent us on so far; there seems to be no end to your creativity and boundless sense of adventure.> - signed, A Loyal FanSkegorr0 Jul 9, 2014
Jul 9, 2014 about the Infinite Dragonflight & the Sha I was just fighting through Culling of Stratholme to try and get a transmog shield, and while I was in there, I took a good, hard look at an infinite dragonkin. I noticed that its color scheme was mostly black, with silvery/white points on its claws, which sounds almost exactly like the color scheme of the Sha. Coincidence? In-universe, it'd make perfect sense: the Sha are ultimately from the Old Gods, and the corruption that Nozdormu will eventually succumb to is also from the Old Gods. But from a real-world perspective, Blizzard would have to have had the Infinite Dragonflight in mind while they were designing the Sha for that to be part of their original plan if it wasn't a coincidence. I wouldn't put that kind of planning above Blizzard; they hinted subtly at a connection between the Naga and the Old Gods as far back as The Burning Crusade, when they had leper gnomes fighting alongside the Naga in Steam Vaults.Longwriter5 Jul 9, 2014