Story Forum

Oct 15, 2014 A grievance or two... So, I have a couple things that are really bothering me about WoD... 1) The Horde just got a brand new Warchief, Vol'Jin. This should be a really huge deal! Yet the very next expansion, what happens? Vol'Jin kinda goes back into the background so that Thrall can get more showtime...Am I the only one kind of annoyed by that? 2) I am trying to see a difference between the brown Orcs and the supposedly "corrupted" green Orcs, and I am just not seeing it. The Iron Horde never drank from the blood of Mannoroth, yet they seem every bit as bloodthirsty, every bit as evil, every bit as physically strong, and even have basically the exact same bloodlust in them (as evidenced by Durotan's Lords of War backstory). So...what is the difference? I mean, even their actions, attacking some world they have nothing really to do with, are the same as the green orcs, just with slightly adjusted outlooks. The only thing I can think is that it is just a matter of aesthetics, that they turn green and use warlocky magics instead of shamanism. I thought the whole point was that the Orcs were corrupted by the Legion, and MADE into bloodthirsty psychopaths. Now it looks like they were just always bloodthirsty psychopaths? This second point bothers me the most I think, because it seems like a major plot retcon that would become a sort of paradox really. Thrall behaves the way he does because he believes the Orcish heritage to have been noble and honorable before the demons came. He strives to return his people to those times, and restore their honor and integrity. If they were never really honorable, never had any real integrity, and were always giant A-holes, Thrall would not act the way he does now I don't feel. I guess you could say the Frostwolf clan tries to act honorable, but that is one clan, out of how many? It all Just seems bent way too far away from its original intentions to accommodate an almost incoherent story.Cyrannus23 Oct 15, 2014
Oct 15, 2014 When you get your new models tommorow... Remember, you are already beautiful turnips. In the fruitful tapestry of your life, the incessant variables that facilitate your unfortunate continued existence demand a certain... physical, and visceral pleasure. Whether it be through low polygons or gigantic tails and refrigerator-shaped bodies, your old character models held an artistic value that belied your inherent ugliness. Indeed, as worms you crawled out of your creator's wombs, yet within the spectrum of this video game you beheld the beauty of thoughtful, artistic endeavor I am not drunk I promise you. Though evolution may have abandoned you to the wretches of an obscure, tainted existence, be aware that by choosing your current character/race when other, more aesthetically pleasing options were available, you proved your integrity despite evolution's pull to bring you towards more attractive, evolutionary benefiting racial selections(like Blood Elves). Of course I don't mean this in a literal sense. Only that your conscious choices towards your preferred races(Unless it's a Blood Elf) demanded upon you a subconscious toll: you demand something other than what you are. Something that is not advantageous in an evolutionary sense(like Gnomes, or Goblins, or Conan O'Brian's). You see, your entire paradigm of attraction is based around the inherent evolutionary need to out-pace our internal Bacteria in a sort of "evolutionary arms race" I swear to you I am not drunk off wine. Moving on! To clarify: If you yourself have chosen an ugly race(See: Gnomes, Worgen, Male Pandaren) as your playable race, you clearly on a subconscious level need help. On a conscious level, you are messed and I can do nothing for you. I am probably a little tipsy from the wine. However! The fortunate news is tomorrow's patch. Which will probably inhibit you from playing until Wednesday. Yet during that time, you are fully capable of re-evaluating your life and vain aesthetic needs and why on earth you chose to play a dwarf I am plastered off wine.Draile33 Oct 15, 2014
Oct 15, 2014 Strongest warlock alive. Gul'dan was probably the most powerful warlock that has ever existed but since he is dead (in our timeline) and the fact that there hasn't been any class hero for warlock, I was thinking who is the strongest warlock alive? My firts thought was Kanrethad but we (our characters) defetaed him. That I guess makes me (warlock characters) the most powerful warlock?Saittô24 Oct 15, 2014
Oct 15, 2014 One of the most important questions in WoW Finally we get an answer. Even the Draconic Native Association tests proved inconclusive in determining if the albino drake is related to a known dragonflight. -BreanniShadowbreakr1 Oct 15, 2014
Oct 15, 2014 AU Draenei visiting Outlands I was on my way to checkout black temple and I saw these lvl 100 Altar of the Sha'tar Vindicator. I checked Shattrath too but there were no lvl 100 npcs, only here. Could be a simple mistake but it what if the AU Draenei really do come to outlands; what would they do? http://imgur.com/A4Bhmc0 I checked Sanctum of the Seven Stars and the Scryer Guardian is also lvl 100. http://imgur.com/CchV7gJNitevandal3 Oct 15, 2014
Oct 14, 2014 Story Forum Community Lounge 103 Link to the Archive: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8087929632 Link to the last lounge: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/13244294581 Rules: 1) The thread must be called "Story Forum Community Lounge" followed by its number. 2) If you created the current lounge, you can not create the next one. 3) No serious lore discussion. 4) No hating, flaming, or serious debates unless all sides wish to engage in the talk. 5) You must post these rules in the Original Post, so all can see the rules in future lounge.Lorelaî499 Oct 14, 2014
Oct 14, 2014 Vol'jin as Warchief So we've been seeing a lot of criticism about Vol'jin and his becoming Warchief lately, and in the interest of keeping it out of threads where it isn't particularly relevant, I thought we could talk about it here. So, Story Forum-goers, what do you think about Vol'jin and whether or not he can handle the job of Warchief?Kellick47 Oct 14, 2014
Oct 14, 2014 Sargeras and Alternate Timelines Does he span time and space?Inkthoras11 Oct 14, 2014
Oct 14, 2014 Why no more Sanctuaries? In BC we got Shattrath City, in WoTLK we got Dalaran. However, after Cataclysm, Blizzard got rid of the whole sanctuary idea. Some neutral cities could be considered sanctuaries, such as Booty Bay, Gadgetzan, Ratchet, Everlook, etc. Kalimdor and EK could benefit from the inclusion of sanctuaries in future expansions. Some ideas: - Draenei finally repair Exodar. Exodar becomes a second floating city like Dalaran. Expand the Legion conflict to the Azuremyst Isles. - Undermine is recaptured by the Steamwheedle Cartel. Gallywix and Mekkatorque could feature in a heavily technological story line. - Kul Tiras is the only human nation not to have been utterly destroyed at some point during the Warcraft story. Make it a Sanctuary and Blizz avoid angering Alliance fans. - Silvermoon's current state is utterly pointless, much like Exodar. Silvermoon's "wretched half" could be used as a neutral hub, featuring the Silver Covenant, if they decide to expand the Lordaeron/Plaguelands story line. - Gilneas. Blasphemy, I know, but if Blizz refuses to repatriate, a sanctuary may suffice. - Theramore is allowed to resettle, but demilitarize. Argent Peacekeepers?Goredeth44 Oct 14, 2014
Oct 14, 2014 The Wrathion Plan Warfare is like anything else in that practice makes perfect. The main problem with using constant warfare to keep people ready for the Burning Legion is depopulation. In peace people might get complacent after completing public works. The Brawlpub is one on one and does not have a world ending urgency, plus not everyone goes there. What will make us ready and when will we get there? Gnome technology, Dwarves digging up Titan artifacts, Draenei rebuilding the Exodar, shaman magic, druid magic, light magic? Fighting the Legion directly seems to make more sense because then we would what works best against them and how to finish them off. One possible way to offset the population loss is finding a way to grow the population. Ethereals created eco domes in Outland and the druids were working on healing the land. If we can get the Exodar working or we can create portals there are countless worlds out there, assuming they have not been turned to dust. If we meet the Legion, the more the merrier because we were going to kill them anyway.Yiffi5 Oct 14, 2014
Oct 14, 2014 Old gods coming back around Looking at MoP and its stories I realized something that many probably have but I couldn't find any discussions about it. If the old god in Pandaria dies and then its power splits into this horde of demonic beings that can manipulate and feed off the emotions of mortals then the other gods we "killed" are not dead at all. Otherwise we would see something similar I would think. So does anyone think the ones we fought are actually dead or is there a real chance they could just be waiting to manifest their powers again?Tecar32 Oct 14, 2014
Oct 14, 2014 Level Caps & Legendary's I think they should bring the old content back into different servers. You should be able to go back to a server where the level cap was 60, 70, 80, 85, 90, and 100. A lot of people complain about how the game was better back in certain times, I didn't start playing until BC but I always wondered what the game was like in Vanilla. I think a lot of people would agree. I understand that blizzard might be afraid that those servers might be ghost towns so maybe they could make some changes. YOUR LEGENDARY WEAPONS, I think Blizzard might wanna do something with all the old legendary weapons players have laying around at the end of Warlords of Draenor maybe revamp them so they can be level 100 weapons. Put the players on quest about "Rewriting a Legend" and have them able to turn there legendary into a legendary of this time. But you make the players to get those legendary weapons by going back to the level cap servers. Example:you wanted "Thori'dal, the Stars' Fury" for your hunter you would have to go back to a level 70 cap server and get it. Your character's level 90 or level 100 gear would be turn to worthless grays and you would go to a raid and get it Maybe you can do something with the Void Storage maybe make it more like the guild bank where all your characters can "look after" you old gear while you "time travel". Yes that would mean that you would have to make legendary's completely unattainable from certain levels, but so many NPC's can travel through time, why not let the players?Jaundace1 Oct 14, 2014
Oct 14, 2014 Huojin Introduction to the Horde in WoD So with Garrosh Hellscream dethroned in the upcoming expansion, what becomes of the signature Huojin Pandaren test of strength in Hellscream's arena as an introduction and "gift" to the Huojin Pandaren that have decided to throw their lot in with the Horde? Will Vol'jin be giving the same quest? and will Ji Firepaw still notice Segregation amongst the races living within Orgrimmar's walls?Tsuntzu5 Oct 14, 2014
Oct 14, 2014 WOD Timeline and the Horde's Role I haven't followed the lore over the years altho I've been playing since vanilla. I tend to lean towards the Horde. As I watch the 5 vids on the rise of the Iron Horde, first I'm puzzled with the timeline. I know that in previous expansions, Garrosh is a main figure. So my first question is, do the events for WOD occur before other storylines experienced previously in the game? Also, it appears that the humans and draenor are taking up the cause against the blood lust of the 4 orc leaders. How do Horde players fit in? Thanks.Turrit4 Oct 14, 2014
Oct 14, 2014 Durotan and Yrel *****SPOILERS****** I can't help but make a somewhat comparison between our hero and heroine: Durotan: Lost Ga'nar in Frostfire Ridge Durotan: declared chieftain upon Ga'nar's death Durotan: an Examplar of what his people CAN BE Durotan: leads the united Frostwolves and Laughing Skulls Durotan: has the potential to become the Draenor's Horde warchief Yrel: Lost Samaara in Shadowmoon Valley Yrel: given the Mark of Leadership by Velen upon his death Yrel: an Examplar of a paladin AND the draenei Yrel: becomes one of the heads of Draenei society (Exarch) What are your thoughts? Are these two dynamic characters linked? You decide! :DAlceides45 Oct 14, 2014
Oct 14, 2014 Rommath is a ____ mage So, what kind of mage do you think Rommath is? We know Jaina is frost. Her water elemental is pretty iconic. Khadgar, by the little we've seen of him in WoD, is arcane. So, Rommath is a fire mage? And if so, can he summon a phoenix?Gwyzlin9 Oct 14, 2014
Oct 14, 2014 Resurrect Gamon! https://www.change.org/p/resurrect-gamon-sign-this-petition-for-justice#share Sign this petition and we can bring him back!Caltharg5 Oct 14, 2014
Oct 14, 2014 I really like Guldan I really really like him. I event want him to be a racial leader...which is crazy since we all know he is super evil.Gwyzlin5 Oct 14, 2014
Oct 14, 2014 Dragon's Humanoid Forms Looking around WR Temple... and anywhere else I see Dragons... I see Dragons in the shape of a Gnome, I think there's one that's a Goblin somewhere, a good amount of Humans, and LOTS of Night/High/Blood Elves. Just curious, are there any Dragons anywhere that take on the shape of a Dwarf, Tauren, and/or Troll? I leave out Orcs and Draenei because it seems to be a thing for them to appear as a planet's native species when working with them (like Kairoz as an Orc on AU Draenor), but on the off chance there are some I'd like to know too.Galenorn10 Oct 14, 2014
Oct 14, 2014 Stratholme to the Forsaken? I was reading an old post where the idea came up that the Forsaken capital could be moved to Stratholme and Undercity turned into a raid. (original post here, http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5149616181) I actually like the idea of Stratholme being the Forsaken capital, for four reasons. First, I like the new Forsaken architecture. Stratholme would be the ideal place to build an entire city full of Forsaken buildings, and even a Castle designed entirely in this motif. Lordaeron does not provide enough freedom for this architecture to be displayed. Second, artistically speaking, the Plaguelands appear much more fitting for an undead kingdom than Tirisfal or Silverpine. The mystery zone north of Plauguelands could be the Forsaken noob zone, in similar motif. Third, It has significant undead lore to fit the bill. The culling of Stratholme certainly rings loud in the Forsaken's history. Fourth, by moving the Forsaken more capital, the issue of proximity to a potential Gilneas capital becomes a moot point, and the new proximity to Silvermoon would strengthen the relationship between the two allies and could potentially lead to increased Horde questing in Quel'Thalas or Eastern Kingdoms in general. The feasibility of this seems rather absurd, however. There's a certain level of faction pride involved in this, so it would make a lot of people angry. There's also the matter of there being a dungeon there. Third, blizz would have to retune every adjacent zone to fit new PC noob levels. However, following the mixed reception of the cataclysm retune, blizzard might have to do a second retune if they plan on progressing the storylines set in motion by cataclysm.Goredeth18 Oct 14, 2014
Oct 14, 2014 So... how much time between trial and 6.0? How much Azeroth time has passed between Garrosh's trial and the whole Iron Horde invasion?Larsardion5 Oct 14, 2014
Oct 14, 2014 Orc players If you had the choice would you join the Iron Horde?Akaveary19 Oct 14, 2014
Oct 13, 2014 Night Elves... So it's almost completely agreed that Night Elf Lore has disintegrated into paper Napkin from a banner that it once was. No one seems happy with...anything past Warcraft 3 (Frozen Throne obviously included in the good bit) and parts of the books. So the question is not what is wrong but what can be done to remedy the portrayal of to be honestly. I am not here to discuss their miserable current existence only on ideas that can repair them. Here are my thoughts on the subject. 1. A Victory all their own Never have the Night Elves ever had a victory as far as I can recall (Not I am an expert). They need a victory with NO assistance from anyone. All we've seen is either crushing defeats or half victories for them even with help from other factions. This is alright if the arc of the Night Elves was one of coming darkness and times of Trial that they can survive. But the story arc seems to point to everything being fine and dandy for the main plot. Their race is doomed unless they can have some victory with either their military holding their borders and actually proving a match with Horde forces ( After a multitude of defeats) or with a social revolution which brings some hope of their reemergence. I thought about doing a list but some of my ideas need working out. Until then I want to see the communities ideas on how we can help the Night Elf Lore. If something is wrong with this post please call me out (spelling errors, something is worded strangely, etc)Vyerra92 Oct 13, 2014
Oct 13, 2014 "There is no hope of peace." http://wow.joystiq.com/2014/10/12/know-your-lore-garrisons-and-the-story-of-warlords/ "But both the draenei and the orcs have an uphill battle to fight here. The draenei of the Alliance may think this world a mirror image of their own, but it becomes apparent almost immediately that this is not the case. As for the orcs, they are face to face with a destiny they could not themselves avoid -- a destiny in which orc clans don't carry the green skin and tainted bloodline of the original history. On the one hand, this is all they could have hoped for or imagined -- on the other, these orcs, free of any blood curse at all, are the enemy. There is no hope of diplomatic or peaceful resolution." Uh... Why? Garrosh tricked Grommash. He's leading the Orcs to war under the assumption that it is the only way to save his people from eternal damnation, because Garrosh cut off the vision before the Orcs were freed under Thrall. He and the other Warlords may wish to conquer, but the entire thing is built on a foundation of lies. Are we really expected to believe every Orc in the Iron Horde is so bloodthirsty, so driven by the desire for war, that they'd willingly ignore how it was all started by one man looking for a second chance at world domination?Veloran22 Oct 13, 2014
Oct 13, 2014 Rell Nightwind survived. Not sure if anyone knew this, I just found out today, but apparently Rell survived the war but decided to not hang around after Jade forest. https://twitter.com/DaveKosak/status/444521006107852801 I wonder if this means we'll see him again, maybe in WoD.Maoyin21 Oct 13, 2014
Oct 13, 2014 The Doomhamer and Thrall's Decision Now according to legend, any who Wield the Doomhammer will bring doom to their clan. Thrall left Garrosh in charge of the horde. Garrosh then caused the horde to turn on itslef and leaving the horde broken. Do you think the Doomhammer Legend had a part to play in Thrall's decision to leave Garrosh in charge?Gàborn15 Oct 13, 2014
Oct 13, 2014 Will Blizzard write Alliance better in WoD? Sorry for the wall of text, I ramble a bit when I'm multitasking with stuff. I'll condense my original post into this: Why are major Alliance characters with compelling personalities killed off or shoved into the background or have their personalities retconned over and over again, while annoying/pacifist/idealist/neutral characters that large swaths of the Alliance demographic take issue with like Anduin get center stage in recent explanations? While the Horde story has certainly progressed(it's very debatable to whether that progression was a good thing or not), the Alliance seems to stuck in a loop of reacting events, as opposed to taking a proactive mindset.Aireek40 Oct 13, 2014
Oct 13, 2014 What if we didn't go into AU draenor? But in an alternate universe of azeroth during doomhammer's invasion. Hell even the timeline during this event. To be honest I get that Grom was a powerful enemy... on the battlefield but he doesn't exactly strike me as someone who would keep order but I maybe proven wrong. Even thinking about why or how they could arrive to our timeline and universe sounds like an oddly forgettable expansion. However i'm probably tired of waiting but i'm certain helping the "good" draenei and orcs would seem pointless if we aren't going to take them back into our universe timeline or to have an actual effect. On the other hand thinking about fighting doomhammer's horde would seem cool but i'm certain it won't work out writing much for our actual horde and I can't say slivermoon or the windrunners would easily welcome someone under an orcish banner. There might've been some orcs that joined stormwind (after failing to take stormwind) but since the king was killed by one I don't suspect orcs are welcomed anywhere else but by the frostwolves who were-- maybe an AU would definitively work out for horde writing. Just imagine fighting blood corrupted orcs, ogres, death knights, trolls, dragons (when deathwing was a part of it), and goblins during an AU azeroth? And murlocs. Mostly I still want to get my hands on WoD.Holysmirk11 Oct 13, 2014
Oct 13, 2014 Warlords of Draenor = Fake Our purpose in Warlords of Draenor is to fight the Iron Horde who are from an alternative universe. To the people of Azeroth, they are a threat because they want to destroy Azeroth. The Iron Horde's existence does not matter to us because they're fake. They're just Orcs from a different universe which doesn't concern us because they're just Orcs from a different universe which has no effect on us. Basically, the Iron Horde is just target practice since their lives have no effect because again, they're from a different universe from us. So, fighting the Warlords won't be such a big accomplishment because you didn't actually accomplish anything but preventing Azeroth's destruction. Defeating the Lich King in our universe is a big accomplishment because we saved the world from an actual evil that is trying to kill us. Defeating the Lich King is actually taking effect on our world. Defeating the Iron Horde isn't. They aren't from our world who won't have any effect, so they don't matter. They're just Orcs who can keep showing up because you can always repeat it again. Sure, the Iron Horde may be trying to change us by conquering Azeroth, but that's easy to defend to. The only real people in the Iron Horde are just people from our universe such as Garrosh, for example. So, to save our timeline, I won't try to fight Garrosh in Warlords of Draenor, just practice on some fake Orcs, considering them as Target Practice. So, basically, Warlords of Draenor is like Super Mario Bros. 2 which the whole game was just a dream, nothing happened. I know that Warlords of Draenor isn't a dream, it's just an attack from an alternate universe, but stopping them won't have much of an effect on us in our timeline. Warlords of Draenor just doesn't matter.Mokron39 Oct 13, 2014
Oct 13, 2014 Could a WOTA or Troll Wars RTS be possible? There's no question that a lot of people would like to see another Wow RTS game such as Warcraft 4. Whether WC4 will ever happen is up for debate. But that doesn't mean we couldn't have another RTS type game revolving around some other conflict that exist within the Wow Universe but have never been shown within the game. Do you think an RTS game focusing on the War of the Ancients or even the Troll Wars could be possible? I think it would be different but unique. Plus it would be interesting to see those stories properly presented.Zolden10 Oct 13, 2014
Oct 13, 2014 I wrote a story about shaman for you guys Snak16 Oct 13, 2014
Oct 13, 2014 Wherefore art thou my Ancients? My favorite units in WC3 were the NE Ancients. These awesome tree buildings were the core of the NE base, but also could kick some butt as they were giant Treants. Immortal teachers, they seemed a core part of NE society, in charge of training Archers and Huntresses and the assembling of Ballista and Glaive Throwers. I used to go a bit overboard building more of them than were strictly necessary on any given mission. Blizz has given 2 excuses why they are missing. First they have said that all the WC3 units in the NE army were actually just defending the tree, and are fine with Warsong lumber crews killing NEs. They have also said that almost all the Ancients died defending Hyjal, which I suppose I could buy. I'm just saddened about their greatly reduced role in NE lore and in NE bases. There are still a few scattered around in each expansion, but they aren't the HEART of the NEs like they appeared to be in WC3. The only NE friendly Ancient in WoD is the rampage monster that gets summoned in Ashran, and he just seems like a callback to Ivus. In Blizzard's "Defence of the Ancients" game, you aren't even defending an Ancient, you are defending a generic gem. Finally, one of the things that got me excited about WOW was in their pre-vanilla previews, they showed screenshots and several videos of an awesome raid against an evil ancient. I remember looking forwards to facing off against him. http://youtu.be/hnM1q6lpOUY?t=2m9sThreeslotbag46 Oct 13, 2014
Oct 13, 2014 Who built the roads? Since the pink-haired gnome run for breast cancer run seems to have taken Feathermoon down entirely, I thought I'd post this. Warning: This is nerdy, trivial, and attempts to lore-reason out things that in all likelihood are purely elements of game design. Every once in a while, I like to take a little in-game road trip, and just see the sights, and I got to thinking about the road network in Azeroth. It is pretty extensive! Someone had to build that thing after all, and there's probably some level of maintenance involved (except for pandarias, which on the whole are pretty bad). Take Kalimdor. Night Elves occupy the north, have a significant presence along the west coast, and were the original occupants of Cenarion Hold in Silithus. Indeed, they have some well maintained, fine, even lighted roads through Ashenvale: http://i.imgur.com/kFXKtGY.jpg?1 The road however goes straight down through the Barrens, far removed from any Kaldorei settlements. Moreover, the cobblestone pattern remains the same: http://i.imgur.com/KBOD2XS.jpg?1 Yet, when we branch off into areas that were settled more recently, like the formerly nomadic Tauren's homeland of Mulgore, or the road that cuts through Dustwallow to Theramore, we see different patterns: http://i.imgur.com/1MFhXFH.jpg?1 http://i.imgur.com/LvoxdH2.jpg?1 So, my headcannon is that Ashenvale/Barrens/etc. road is old, probably very old. The Tauren have no need to maintain such things, and the Night Elves didn't range into much of those territories. Therefore, I imagine it is a remnant of the Troll empire's road network, established to manage the logistics of their vast empire, and, much like the old Roman roads in Europe, kept relevant by the needs of the societies that took their place.Caedmun7 Oct 13, 2014
Oct 13, 2014 Mage RP I am embarrassed to say I don't know a lot about the lore of mages. After doing some research I have decided to go with the mages that were taught in Dalaran. I guess it would have to be that since I play a human any ways Was wondering if any one could recommend some informative mage lore videos or web site.Hollyforest2 Oct 13, 2014
Oct 13, 2014 Halp! Lore confusion! Okay, so I've got this whole setup in my head for a continuation of Thallia's storyline into Warlords. Even started writing it, because there are some things I needed to take care of before Tuesday's pre-expansion events. But then I ran into a problem. Originally, we were all under the impression that getting to Outland in the new expansion would mean a portal from Caverns of Time. Which makes sense. At least, it did in my head. Draenor now connected to us means that Outland has broken off from our timeline. That's the short short version of what I've had in my head. I could pull out the pictures and charts and hand puppets, but that'll just open up a whole new long and involved discussion. ::chuckles:: Anywho... as I was researching today, I came across the knowledge that the current portals in the major cities that take us to Blasted Lands and the edge of the crater where the Dark Portal stands, will now take us directly to Outland once 6.0 hits. So we have mage portals to take us to Outland. Now I'm totally confused. How do we have Mage portals to Outland? Do both Outland and Draenor exist simultaneously? I know Kairoz did say that he had "brought Garrosh to a timeway similar to the past of their own, but 'not a perfect mirror image.'" And if that's the case... my entire storyline is screwed. >.< I was going with the concept that the link to Draenor through the Dark Portal would temporarily sever our connection to Outland, until the Bronze Dragonflight could reconnect us again. I have this dreadful feeling that I was very wrong... =/Thallia14 Oct 13, 2014
Oct 13, 2014 Do Any of You RolePlay? An odd question I suppose, but we all love the universe. So it seems to me it would only make sense we RP in it. WoW is an RPG, if only de jure. So how many of you RP? If so, on what characters and what servers? Imrahn, 90 Belf Paladin, Moon Guard. Aelamdor, 90 Human Paladin, Moon Guard.Aelamdor22 Oct 13, 2014
Oct 13, 2014 WoD: Lore Faction choice? Hello everyone. A little about myself: I thoroughly love my paladin. I love the paladin playstyle in every expansion, the lore that follows them and the mentality a paladin has in the world of warcraft story. I'm not an RPer of any sort, but I like to put my paladin in the game on the sides where I think the lore is genuinely more interesting for my character to go through. I leveled through end of BC and beginning Wrath, but I didn't play/raid until end of Wrath, where I ended up changing from a blood elf to a draenai. At the time, it was mostly for playing on the same faction as friends, but in future expansions, I faction/realm transferred based on which faction I thought just had better lore and content to follow said lore. The last 2 expansions has seen a lot of growth on the Horde side, so I've primarily stayed Horde in Cata and MoP... However, WoD is around the corner and as I keep looking up information, I've realized that the WoD lore is so open on both the alliance and horde fronts, that I'm having issues choosing which side to play on. I've made a sort of concise list of reasons on why I should play either side, but I just can't decide and was wanting to see some feedback on others who might be lore buffs/excited for the upcoming potential WoD has lore-wise. Anything with a question mark means I'm unsure if that is going to be covered in the expansion. I haven't delved too deep for spoiler reasons, but I've seen enough to know that I'm unsure of what I want. Horde: Vol'jin 2014 Cairne and the future of the taurens Sylvanis and the future of the undead Durotan & the Frostwolf Clan The Warlords themselves are orcs Orc & Ogre war front? Horde vs. Iron Horde Alliance: Anduin's growth & Wrathion? Varian's connection to Warlords Black Temple is Alliance home base. Illidan having a possible part in WoD? Jaina & Kalecgos? Future of the Draenai* Like I said, concise. The thing that I am most excited for is the future of the draenai. I can't say what happens without it being a spoiler, but for those who previewed the WoD cinematic scenes know what I'm speaking of that makes me particularly excited to finally see a paladin in charge. Please try not to make this in to an argument of alliance vs. horde in general, I'm just talking strictly lore-based choices for choosing horde or alliance in WoD. If you do post, please make it constructive and not "lol wod dont even real". Thanks. :)Wordlaw11 Oct 13, 2014
Oct 13, 2014 Is the belief in God gone? I know that in the original warcraft, some of the humans who used/believed in the Light, also had faith that there was a God. I know retcons were made, and God or the belief of said deity is not mentioned later on in future games, including WoW. So does the belief, in one creator of the universe, simply not exist anymore at all in the warcraft verse? Or does it still, but its simply a very minority view? EDIT: Does the monothestic religion of Warcraft 1 & 2 being retconned out of existence also mean that there is no individual belief(s) in God existing in Warcraft? Since in the "Day of the Dragon" a book set post W2, Duncan Senturus seemed to believe in a God, which suggests that though there is not an actual official human religion dedicated to God, some individual(s) associated with the light, have chosen to believe in a higher power. http://www.wowwiki.com/Duncan_Senturus Of course Day of the Dragon was written before WoW (before Blizzard truly went all out in wiping out any reference to monotheism), so should this belief in said book still be considered canon? Maybe in the new canon, Duncan never had a belief in a higher power.Jadonie41 Oct 13, 2014
Oct 13, 2014 telmor in talador(spoilers) wow blizz i played through the auchindoun defense quest chain and oh man was it good. Good writing, good voice acting, and it fulfilled one of my hopes for wod just, not in the way i expected. For a long time since i first read rise of the horde ive wanted to see the city of telmor and meet its captain Restalaan. in the beta during the taldor quests i was told to warn and defend telmor of a demon attack and to retrieve leaf shadow from Restalaan. so i took off on my mount to save telmor but as i got close i saw something that made my heart lurch. I saw not the proud and beautiful city of telmor shrouded from view by a magical crystal, instead i saw green fire raining from the sky, i saw demons and dark cultists walking the city streets and, after i fought my way up the stair into the city proper i saw somthing that made my blood run cold. I saw pile after pile of dead draenei stripped naked and slain (rl side note here i audibly cried out and seriously i felt sick, and my roomate who also plays wow came in and when he saw it he was like "Jesus dude" ) i closed my eyes to stop seeing the horrors but it didn't help, the only thing i could do was burn the dead and clear the city of evil and hope that Restalaan was still alive in there somewhere. i wont spoil the rest of the quest chain but suffice it to say i found this part of the chain to be powerful both visually and emotionally text was well written and the voice acting superb and god i cant wait to play this expansion on live. so what did you guys think of the Auchindoun defense quest line?Rulstad5 Oct 13, 2014
Oct 12, 2014 Bombing Of Theramore Do you think garrosh cheated by dropping the bomb? Do you like his decision? and if so why do you support it?Chipman449 Oct 12, 2014
Oct 12, 2014 Draenai Conspiracy haha sorry sorry, I had to delete thisRemingtonn4 Oct 12, 2014
Oct 12, 2014 Bael Modan I wonder if we will see any development with that story arch in WoD? I doubt Blizz wants us on Azeroth Prime while WoD is current and would prefer we stay in our little hamster cage garrisons for the duration. But man am I seriously curious what's buried down there. Something so terrible that we had best pray to what ever that it doesn't surface... OMG WHAT IS IT!? What would the Titans build a massive complex around? Is it another prison like Ulduar? That doesn't seem like it would work due to Ulduar being so massive and Bael Modan being absurdly tiny by comparison to serve as a prison for an Old God. I mean the complex that held C'thun wasn't really large and it was in complete ruin, but then that was a different time in WoW history. After Ulduar, a prison just doesn't seem reasonable and the Old God feel isn't there as there isn't anything in the Southern Barrens that typically heralds an Old God. Not like C'thun or Yogg-Saron. I'm curious if there isn't something else the Titans were tinkering with before they left Azeroth. Maybe there is something tied to the Quilboar? Agamaggon isn't a fit as his spirit is sitting quite openly in Razorfen. It would have to be something big enough for the Titans to have built the complex. Perhaps its something the Titans themselves built? This would be around 100,000 years ago before they packed up and left. Something a Dwarf thinks should stay buried. Which is something that peeks my interest. There isn't much a Dwarf wants to keep buried... Let alone tell you to pray never gets out. I'm so curious!!!Helga6 Oct 12, 2014
Oct 12, 2014 Gorehowl continuity? [SPOILER WARNING] im not talking about prince malch's version of gorehowl, & i choose to disregard that for the purposes of my question. [SPOILER WARNING] so garrosh leaves gorehowl behind during the seige, & thats basically the last we see of this azeroth's gorehowl... but in the cinematic where thrall kills garrosh, it is shown that garrosh indeed had gorehowl with him, & thrall leaves it behind. i think this took place on AU draenor but im not sure. so did garrosh recover his own gorehowl? or is the gorehowl he used in the fight that thrall left behind the one from AU draenor, i.e. AU grom's gorehowl? if he recovered his own & brought it with him, there would be 2 gorehowls in the same universe, & thats if we continue discounting the one the player could potentially bring with them, which may or may not be cannon but its probably from yet a 3rd AU altogether... i mean this axe really gets around, whats going on so confuse halpRainslash6 Oct 12, 2014
Oct 12, 2014 Garrosh's logic Garrosh: "I hate what the warlocks did to our people! We willingly drank the blood of mannoroth for a false strength!..." Garrosh: "...Which is why I will consume the essence of an old god instead and slather my city in Saronite! Because one is totally better than the other!" 10/10 blizz, great writing, would play again for a year.Naethanyl79 Oct 12, 2014
Oct 12, 2014 Prepare for WoD by knowing your lore Audiobooks of the first 4 books free on youtube. Get to know the history of the orc and human war. Get to know more history of the orcs. Why they are green. Why they are in Azeroth. Rise of the Horde (Complete)- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtogIbV1lGA The Last Guardian (Complete)- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oe7eGm3Lvu4 Tides of Darkness (Complete)- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcaJb0537ug Beyond the Dark Portal (Incomplete 24 out of 30 parts)- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6dw9Rdshu4 Unbroken (Complete)- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQopsSWdBWU Vol'jin: The Judgment (Complete)- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8x50Vwg5r8c Quality on the first few iffy, sound is a bit low. During Tides of Darkness and the full audiobook of Beyond the Dark Portal the quality is greatly improved.Polars1 Oct 12, 2014
Oct 12, 2014 Hallow's End inconsistency All of the information I'm using comes from http://wowpedia.org/Hallow%27s_End Apparently Hallow's End marks the day the Forsaken broke free of the Scourge, but Hallow's End was celebrated in Lordaeron long before its people even became undead, let alone broke free of the Scourge: ... No doubt this just happened to be the time of year that the Forsaken broke free of the Lich King, but based on the above, that couldn't be anything more than a coincidence.Gibbons7 Oct 12, 2014
Oct 11, 2014 to the human haters out there! May i ask why many of you dislike the humans and more specifically wrynn? When i see the king i picture a man who came from a broken past with biggetry ingrained in him because of that broken past. I think he is one of the more fun characters in warcraft. Even the humans themselves while being boring at first glance seem to be much more interesting thN people let on. So why all the human hate? And if you dont hate, thrn why do you like them?Excelor304 Oct 11, 2014
Oct 11, 2014 Now is a glorious time to be a lore fan! Reading the Blackhand comic it struck me that Blizz really is putting a huge effort into giving us a ton of ancillary lore. Video series, comics, and short stories that won't do much to make them money, and won't be seen by many except the hardcore fans. While the focus of the lore might be questionable, it's rare for a company to give us as much lore and stories leading up to an expansion. Starting with Pandaria, Blizz has put forth an monumental effort to bring us tons of extra lore to add depth and breadth to their world. In the past when I've Looked at the official websites for other games, it's almost shocking how little info they have on the lore. Many times it's a single paragraph for each race and that's it. It makes what Blizz has done for us really stand out. I appreciate it.Threeslotbag24 Oct 11, 2014
Oct 11, 2014 What happened between "War Crimes" and WoD? OK, this will contain spoilers for the "War Crimes" novel. You have been warned. . . . . . . . . . . . So at the end of Garrosh's trial, Zaela gathers up a whole bunch of wayward Hellscream supporters, includign a flight of Infinite dragons and attacks the Temple. This ultimately serves as a distraction while Thrall, Jaina, Kalec and most other racial leaders - sans Varian - fight alternate varients of themselves from various different timelines and Kairoz and Garrosh make their escape into a timeway specifically chosen by Kairoz. The Dragonmaw attack is pushed back and retreats once Hellscream and the dragon are gone and the leaders all get together and finally it is decided that Garrosh must be located and dealt with. Fast forward to the Warlords pre-patch. The Dark Portal turns red and the Iron Horde come stampeding in to run a ruckus. So what happened between the end of the trial and the opening of Warlords? Did the Horde and Alliance dispatch search parties to hunt down any of the Dragonmaw and/or allies to try and find Hellscream? Has ANYTHING been done regarding this little event? And where's Wrathion been in all of this? (obviosuly the last one is rhetorical - Wrathion's involvement is a major plot point, I'm sure we'll learn about when the twist comes.)Ludan15 Oct 11, 2014
Oct 11, 2014 An expansion where we lose Would you guys like an expansion where we as the heroes with the Horde and Alliance failed to defeat the main enemy and actually lost the war, suffering crap load of casualties such as faction leaders dying and city in ruins? Yes, i know that the past expansions we had major characters dying, yet we still won the war, I want a war where we as the heroes actually lose. If so, by who and when? My opinion goes for the Burning Legion, where one expansion we fail to defend Azeroth and next expansion, we are survivors taking on the fight again. Considering we defeated the main threat in BC,WOTLK,CATA, Pandaria and now likely WoD (face it, the Iron Horde can't do anything compared to the Scourge or Deathwing) I just for once, want to taste the bitterness of defeat in an expansion.Dreamrider39 Oct 11, 2014