Story Forum

Sep 1 Why do people think the cinematic was good? I love the way it was animated and kudos to Terran Gregory and his team but story wise it was meh. I don't like how they took illidan's character throughout all of Legion. There has been no character build up in this expansion between us and him. All we have is stale one liners in world quests on how much the Legion sucks. Then after the cinematic, everything seems fine the characters go back to their stale and boring selves and Turalyon goes back to being his holy self like nothing ever happen.Grimrow20 Sep 1
Sep 1 Argus seen from Outland? I noticed that Argus appears in the skybox in Outland and this may be because Outland shares the same skybox as the Draenei/BloodElf starting zones on Azeroth. This seems confusing given the aftermath of Kil'Jaeden's death, when we see Argus appear near Azeroth. Argus shouldn't appear in Outland or is there some time space continuum stuff going on here? In Draenor, Argus does not appear in the sky which makes sense because we traveled back in time to get there during WoD.Shamíkaze4 Sep 1
Sep 1 Alleria's Push Emotes "Sisters are complicated... especially the undead ones." "My void will consume you... if you ask nicely.Basinah33 Sep 1
Sep 1 Class Campaigns and 7.3 Out of curiosity is there hint or sign of the class campaigns continuing in 7.3?Gornur14 Sep 1
Sep 1 I use to like Illidan, wtf 7.3?! Don't get me wrong, Illidan has always been a rebel but I always sided with him on everything he did. He always had the best interest of his people in mind in everything he did, he understood sacrifice and the threats coming at them. I always saw him as severely misunderstood and always defended his actions. 7.3 however... wtf?! They cranked him from 8 to 11 on the smug jerk meter! I am not talking about the Xe'ra thing but his attitude in general. Its not the attitude he had when dealing with his allies in the past when fighting against the legion. Illidan showed respect to the blood elves and naga and even the broken where as this Illidan is just absolutely self absorbed and disrespectful to the max. His strength does not make sense either, catching Turalyon's blade with his bare hands?! Turalyon is literally the strongest paladin in Warcraft lore to the point where several lore experts in the past have made good arguments that Turalyon at his best would have been more than a match for the Lich King just because of how potently he wields the light. Arthas was stronger than Illidan and that was before donning the Lich King armor and becoming even stronger. Illidan putting up a good fight, I can see that. Illidan, while winded, catching a blade of light bare handed?! No, that literally makes no sense. Its a cool cutscene, the people who made it should be proud of the quality, but whoever wrote it is out of their mind. I wanted to see Illidan come back, I wanted to see his redemption story, but now I honestly just want to see the character die. They have botched his strength something fierce, they have neutered Turalyon from what he should be lore wise to the point of absurdity, this is all just insane :T Aside from that, gotta say I love everything in 7.3! Seriously, great cinematic work, love the content so far, love most of the story so far, Illidan is the only problem. Far better than 7.2 for the most part.Bovineform31 Sep 1
Sep 1 Better ideas/Story lines for WoW This is a post from a friend on the EU forums So, I've been stalling to make this topic for a while, because Blizzard doesn't read these forums anyways and I don't see a WoW 2 coming soon, but I just need to do something to share my frustration now.. For a while, lore has been a bit of a mess, and it's only getting messier and messier; strange decisions are made that make no real sense, and I feel like making this list here with a good amount of the lore mistakes I think Blizzard made, and how they should've been done, which is one of the things I hope to see in a WoW 2, would there ever be one. With that said, I'll move on to the point of this thread now Vanilla/Classic: I haven't played much back in the day, I do not know if there were any large mistakes made here, feel free to share though, that goes for all parts of this post. The Burning Crusade: -Draenei looks like broken as seen on Argus, broken look like Lost Ones, Lost Ones retconned. Eredar look like current Draenei/Eredar due demonic mutation -Illidan going evil for no reason at all, attacking Shattrath even though he's an enemy of the Legion. How should this have been? Illidan did not attack Shattrath, rather, it was Kael'thas' forces that did it, disguised as Stormrage's Illidari. Why? Kil'jaeden would've ordered KT to do so, a punishment to Illidan for his failure to slay Arthas. -Blood Knight redemption, before the Sunwell, Blood Knights were a lot different, they used to enslave a Naaru and drain its power, with this -commanding- the Light, they did not feel like Paladins at all, in matter of fact, the quest that you needed to do to get your epic mount involved burning down one of the Silver Hand's most sacred places. This is something that seperated them from Alliance paladins, something that made them feel more Horde-like. What should've happened is that they didn't lose their captive naaru, or captured another one, therefore keeping their ability so syphon one even after the Sunwell. The Sunwell also should've been destroyed, Imagine Kil'jaeden putting up one final act of revenge beforebeing sent back to Argus at his defeat in the Sunwell, he would cast a spell that would collapse the Sunwell entirely, permanently destroying it. Alternatively, have Kael'thas steal the naaru but we later find another naaru, oddly named Xe'ra, near the black temple, which we use instead. Either way, Kael'thas should not have been the first to act against Silvermoon, but would've rahter indirectly angered them, causing them to be his enemies without it feeling like a randm betrayal. Wrath of the Lich King: The Lich King, an underestimating fool, throughout the expansion we are made to believe that Arthas is a very good tactician, so why is it then, after every time we thwart him, he lets us go, several times throughout leveling he has come personally face-to-face with us, and let us live, one may try to argue that this was to make us more powerful before making us his minions, but it was made clear that the Scourge was already powerful enough to wipe us out, and that he was "holding back", this completely counters that entire post, he doesn't need us, so why should he test us?! Instead he shouldn't've come face-to-face with us before the final confrontation near his throne. -Argent Tournament, why? Why in Icecrown?! There are a few things about this Argent Tournament that annoy me, first of all, why is it hosted in Icecrown? Why would you hold your training ground in the middle of the enemy stronghold?! The original idea was to hold it in Crystalsong Forest, hence the two useless camps in the zone, and this would've made more sense, it would be kept a fair distance away from the scourge's main forces, and under the direct protection of Dalaran, floating just above. Another issue within the Tournament is... it's more of a colliseum, an arena, the Tournament's goal was to prepare for an attack upon Icecrown Citadel.. So why, then, do we try to KILL OUR COMPETITORS?! While I do understand that some trainees would die in this, as they may put us to fight against monsters, as only that would properly train us to face some of the Scourge's minions, we should definately not kill eachother when it comes to Horde vs Alliance on this, instead, their hatred for eachother would be resolved in non-lethal combat, we do not have the resources to lose anyone in this grand war against the Scourge. -There must always be A Lich King": Total, Bullcrap. This is only an excuse to bring something that could've been used in the future, while forgetting Kel'thuzad is still not permanently dead. Bolvar should've been dead-dead, and no new Lich King should've been made. Mord'rethar could've been closed down to keep the scourge at bay, or it could've been explained that, while the Scourge's numbers are still countless, without a leader, they are weak and unorganized, unable to put up a serious threat again. Cataclysm: -Cairne Vs. Garrosh: Now, this is allright, but I do wish that the intent of cairne was a non-lethal mak'gora, he'd still die because of magatha's poison ofcourse, but this would make the entire shock value of his death even bigger. Now this here is an iffy one, it's not really a mistake Blizzard made, but I'm curious if this idea would work: -Druids of the Flame: Malfurion Corrupted: What if through some way, the druids of the flame managed to corrupt Malfurion, rather than Fandral, what if we had to kill Malfurion in the Firelands, perhaps this could add a bigger involvement of the priesthood of elune into this storyline, a bit of progression for Tyrande's story. If this were indeed to pass, Hamuul would also become the leader of the Cenarion Circle. Again, I am unsure if this could work, this is only a random though I had, anyways, back to more pressing issues. -Thrall, the "Earth-warder", okay, first problem of Dragon Soul.. Thrall is a mortal, and should not be able to control the Dragon Soul at all, he should not be involved with this at all, thats about it. -The "Age of Mortals": You know what makes even less sense than a mortal controlling such a powerful artifact? Dragons losing their power over Neltharion's defeat. First of all, why should dragons lose their power over completing their "destiny"? If you ask me, that's a compelling argument to not follow your destiny. Secondly: Deathwing was not the real evil, sure he was corrupted and evil, but it was caused by the Old Gods, if anything, ending the Old Gods would be the real "destiny" of the dragonflights, not slaying one of their own.. which by the way wouldn't be a major issue if he wasn't blessed in the first place. Mists of Pandaria: -Om nom nom, the language of the Pandaren; Okay blizzard, very funny.. or not, I know you tried to joke here, but I'd prefer it if Pandaren had a more asian sounding language if you're not a pandaren, rather than the "nom nom" they put out now, hell, the Ballad of Liu Lang had actual Pandaren language in it, which was great! While on subject, you made another mistake on Pandaren language... by calling it "Pandaren" the pandaren don't use that language anymore, not since the Mogu Dynasty, Pandaren language was lost to the ages as the Pandaria races were not allowed to speak any language but Mogu, to prevent any secret planning under the noses of the Empire., so, the language should be called "Mogu" instead. -Pandaren, the optimistic peace-lovers: I don't know why you chose to do this, but you made pandaren this... always smiling, super optimistic race of carebears, to which I must say: "NO!", you gave a good example with how most pandaren should be with the Shado-pan, with honor and control within them, they know the dangers of Pandaria, and are very strict and disciplined in their nature, you would see that they may have the most discipline among their younger, less of that "playing all the time" and more of learning of their values and virtues. -I also wish you gave us more Shao-dins, or clans, aside from the Shado-pan, I would like to see a few ancient pandaren clans in Pandaria, among them the ancient Huojin and Tushui, which would be rivals on Pandaria, rahter than the allies they were on the turtle, Imagine a backstory about them, that they were once allies in the times of Liu Lang, but in time, their on Pandaria living Shao-dins would start parting ways as their opposing views started brewing trouble, Imagine if there was a tale that they worked together in ancient times, the Huojin would defend their settlements from average attacks, while the Tushui meditated and planned to defend these settlements from larger scale attacks in the meantime, these clans, once working in pendulum, now bitter enemies. -Pandaren Appearance, another thing I dislike about pandaren is their appearance, their ingame models simply look... silly, overweight, what I would want is something more along the lines of Samwise's art, specifically the "Pandyr" as seen in the following links: http://imgur.com/CuY6bCu http://imgur.com/RDIx7h5 These pandaren look a lot less cuddly, and much more fitting within the Warcraft franchise, here are a few normal pandaren made by Samwise: http://imgur.com/MF2vmC5 http://imgur.com/r1b5NTo Again, much more fitting for Warcraft. Secondly, their weapons, as seen while leveling in pandaria look... outright silly, as does some of their armor, but especially their weapons, it looks like parts of the weapons were made with play-doh, all colorful and useless spirals in their base.. why? Why couldn't we have some more asian-styled weapons, mogu had some pretty good looking weapons. -Garrosh's Corruption and descent to Madness: Oh boy, this is a big one.. Before I'll go on, yes, it made sense, but, why, why did you do this? This is perhaps the biggest loss of potential you caused in lore to this date.. Garrosh.. he could've been so much more than this.. Yes, he was reckless and aggressive, but in Cata, we saw progression within him, especially in Stonetalon Mountains, we saw that he was learning, slowly perhaps, but still, learning how to lead his people, he was changing, he learned a lot about honor and respect, and MERCY, we saw him shape up to in the future perhaps be the best Warchief the Horde has ever had... But you ruined it, you took him and shaped him into an evil psychopath because of the Sha... Who would I choose to become an enemy instead? this might be the most controversial of all my points here but... Sylvanas... Why Sylvanas? Well, her main goal was to kill the Lich King, and that she did, the only reason she accepted ressurection after her suicide was because she came to be in the same afterlife as Arthas, but she is slipping into madness, we can see she's not herself anymore, and simply does anything not to join arthas, even if it means becoming just like him, as seen in Silverpine Forest. This would be the best time to end her story, remember, you can die a hero or become a monster, and that's the case with her story aswell, end her before her story grows bad. I even thought of a few encounters we could see in this... Siege of Undercity raid.. Kor'kron Vanguard: The Kor'kron that were to keep a watch over the Undercity since the Wrathgate, turned into undead by Sylvanas, a few mobs outside and an ad-based boss in the courtyard, they serve as "cannon fodder" to the forsaken. Nathanos Blightcaller: A patrol roaming around the outer circle of Undercity, perhaps he has a pet which needs to be dealt with? Mantid Apothecaries: Apothercary quarter, the forsaken and mantid work together to combine their posions and blight to make a successor over the blight used at the Wrathgate, we must put a stop to this. Koltira Deathweaver: Sylvanas' Throne Room: Koltira has been tortured and reshaped to be a weapon of the Forsaken, this is where Thassarian could take part of the story, helping us put an end to his corrupted friend. Once Koltira is dead, the plateau Sylvanas usually stood on lowers, it becomes an elevator, which goes down.. waaaaay down, as we take the elevator down we can hear the sound of chains and a loud heartbeat getting louder and louder, clutter in the rooms ahead will move in tandem as the heart beats, we face the Klaxxi Champions as one of the encounters down there, the second final boss would be the Val'kyr, the remaining Val'kyr with the most power, we kill all of them of them but one, Aradne, Aradne would at the end of the fight flee, not to be seen for some time. Finally, Sylvanas herself, we would see she had discovered whatever laid under Tirisfal (Whether it is the minion or not) and absorb its power along with the power of the heart of Y'shaarj, We would face against the combination of Legion and Old God minions, an undead with the power of the god's heart, and slay her there. With the (permanent) death of Sylvanas, a new Forsaken leader needs to rise, for this, changes need to be made, and more lore added to this character, but I would pick Lillian Voss.. now, some of you might have a few problems with this but let me explain. Voss has a hatred for the undead, this is true, but perhaps that is exactly why she would make for a fitting leader to lead the Forsaken to a... somewhat brigher future, stepping away from the blight forever, and going back to stealing minons of the Scourge, rather than raising their own, the Forsaken would once more step away from their evil roots and try to aid the horde and their own with some dignity.. Perhaps Voss would at first decline, but somehow forced into this position, or persuaded, to know that the undead would only become more of a problem if she would not step in. The Alliance-Horde war continues, or at least skirmishes do, there will be no peace, only local ceasefires in areas of greater danger, as it always has been. Walords of Draenor: Now, onto this... how would I do this, without needing Garrosh... As the Horde and Alliance continue their war/skirmishes against eachother, wrathion and Kairoz would come to the same conclusion as we have now, the current forces of Azeroth cannot defeat the oncoming attack of the Legion/old gods, and decide to go to AU draenor, not because Garrosh could be used here, but instead because the Orcs have been shown to be a threat before, they would enter Draenor through Faralohn and form the Iron Horde, not through the Warsong, but through the Dragonmaw, as dragons, perhaps to be revered by this clan. We would indeed chase after them, but this time less foolish, the Dark Portal is much too fortified for us to assault, it is the very Stronghold of the Iron Horde, and assaulting there would be suicide. Instead, we get the Bronze Dragonflight to aid us, using the time-dimension rift in Faralohn to enter Draenor, just as the assault on tanaan, we would have a short scenario in Faralohn, escaping from the Iron Horde forces there, and going to Frostfire/Shadowmoon Side note on SMV, it would not be a zone of permanent night, it makes no sense that the sun never comes up there but it does in other zones.. it is simply named after the clan, and Gorgrond is a full barren rock-wasteland, where Faralohn takes the Botani part. Anyways, we get to our respective zones and make Bladespire Citadel and Karabor our homes, these would serve as the capital cities, screw Ashran. Now here is where some fun comes in, every clan has parts of them with, and against the Iron Horde, this may help the Horde expand in their orc subrace diversity. But now, for the enemy chieftains, not nessecarily Iron Horde: Grommash Ner'zhul Gul'dan Kargath Dragonmaw Warlord and.... Durotan. The Dragonmaw Warlord, Kargath, Grommash and Durotan being part of the Iron Horde, seeing honor in this unity, being convinced by Kairoz and Wrathion that this is for the good of all, Thrall and Garrosh would both have a tough time here, facing their fathers as enemies, Garrosh in the end winning, however, Thrall, would be slain, and Nobundo takes the leadership of the Earthen Ring. As we continue our fight against the Iron Horde, we would fight through the entirety of draenor on the first patch, including Faralohn and Tanaan, Tanaan serving as the level 100 zone, where we face the bulk of the Iron Horde, and -CAPTURE-, not destroy, the Dark Portal, it is after all, our only way home, Khadgar could open a portal to our azeroth using the time rip in Faralohn, otherwise having no leyline connection to our home aside from the Dark Portal, but even that for a mere few seconds, in other words, not enough to gather reinforcements or anything. As we capture the Dark Portal, the Shadow council manages to free Gul'dan and his allies, it would not be us to free him, that's stupid, why not kill him right there, after all, he was defenseless! Rather than Blackrock Foundry as one of the raids, as Blackhand would side with us, being among the Warlords to listen to Kilrogg, whose vision foresaw the Iron Horde's failure would they face the Burning Legion/old gods (Also yes, Kilrogg would be the main cause for the AU orcs to side with us), we would have the Dragonmaw Stronghold in Shadowmoon Valley, based on the southern Island, among the bosses in that raid, we could face Kairozdormu, perhaps the final boss of that instance. -Cho'gall would not be a part of Highmaul, instead, he would be involved in two major patches. -We would not kill Rukhmar, as the adherents were FALSE followers, Rukhmar was not an enemy, instead, perhaps that fungal whale boss could've been a thing. 6.1: The Heart of Nature: With Gul'dan escaped, we need a new power source for the portal to function, for this, we travel to Faralohn, and face the Botani, we slay their leader in a short.. 3-boss raid, and use the heart of this botani leader to power the gateway once more. 6.2: Legacy of the Apexis: Cho'gall has escaped, and made his way to an island west of the Spires of Arak http://imgur.com/EhmEAGm Which is where he uncovers a lost city, and raises it once more, this city would be the temple of the Apexis civilization, a "temple in the sky" as described in an arakkoan archaeology item: Apexis Scroll: This battered scroll case has corroded shut, and the scroll within is barely readable with very careful examination. These appear to be plans and measurements for a glorious "Temple in the Sky," written in an ancient hand. It's unclear whether such a splendid structure was ever built. This "Temple" would serve as the 5man dungeon of this patch, in it we would end up facing Sethe as the final boss, putting an end to him once and for all. 6.3: The Return of the Empire: Cho'gall, however, escapes, and makes his way to the Gorian Empire, where we would chase him once more, and this time, we do not let him escape, a raid would be involved in this patch, bosses of this raid include Cho'gall and Ner'zhul, and a few other servants of the old god inhabiting Draenor, we stop the summoning of the old god. 6.4: Hellfire Citadel: In our absence from Tanaan, Gul'dan had prepared everything he needs to summon the Legion, and this patch would be a lot similar lorewise as our current HFC patch, however, a few changes: -Tyrant Velhari would be replaced by... Yrel. In the early production, Blizzard said that Yrel had a "dark secret", which I think would've been awesome, we face the traitor eredar instead. -Final Boss: Mannoroth: I am not a fan of this "One legion" lore, so instead of facing an AU Archimonde and needing to face him later in the game for a third time, we could face a resurrected Mannoroth instead, on his death, he sends Gul'dan through the Dark Portal (Which would be under Legion control for then) to send him to azeroth. I never got how Gul'dan came to azeroth by being sent through a portal connected to Argus. With our business on Draenor done, we would return to Azeroth. Now, for a bit of lore I forgot to mention, because it's important here, before WoD, we would discover that Outland's connection to the Nether is eating it away, the shattered planet would collapse slowly, however its speed increasing, this would cause us to try and rescuse as many inhabitants of the planet as we can, which the Iron Horde disrupts. With the AU Draenor linked to MU Azeroth, and no way to undo it, he Bronze and Blue dragonflights work together to merge these two timelines together in a way, the MU outland would be forever lost, collapsing to come to an end soon, and AU Draenor holding better reinforcements for the fights ahead. Legion: Oh boy, that was a lot of writing, well... almost done... Broken Shore; Intro: Okay, in here perhaps we could lose two other important characters, Vol'jin's death here was stupid, and that of Varian, while awesome, I see him as an alliance counterpart of Garrosh; Strong, Somewhat brutal, honorful, has some great backstory to him, I know I shouldn't, but he's one of the two characters I put plot-armor on, because it's just so hard to replace him with someone just as likeable, if not more. Aszuna: Nearly everything is perfect, the only bother here is that the blue dragonflight is there and infertile, part of that whole "age of mortals" thing, so they'd still be fertile... Stormheim: No Sylvanas involved, perhaps some other faction war stuff? Worgen vs Forsaken is still viable, but less connected to the entire Vrykul stuff. Less Felskorn, seriously, a few more allied vrykul that ain't valarjar would be great. Highmountain: Involve Ebonhorn and Sabelion to track down and together with you, kill Wrathion, who is among the people to blame for the Legion's presence, the rest's good. Val'sharah: -Ysera indeed gets corrupted, but we do not face her in a solo quest, rather in the raid. -Nightmare Corruption CAN be reversed, it's funny because there's a WQ with us cleansing the land of it, which you mentioned is impossible in questing, you couldn't even stick to "unreversable" for one patch, you went against it in the same patch as when you made this a thing! -Less people get corrupted, I mean we lost 2 archdruids aside from cenarius AND ysera.. calm down, we get it, corruption powerful and all that.. Suramar: As an opposer to the "you are our Only hope" style of writing, i am also really against becoming the jarl of jandvik, maybe thane at most... Give the Vrykul place to the Horde, and Shal'aran to the Alliance. Isles in general: Highmountain tauren and Vrykul go Horde, the elven factions Alliance, give a PvP area between Val'sharah and Highmountain. Both factions will still have quests in all zones, but instead do so with other NPCs at other places, just as in TBC and Wrath Emerald Nightmare Replace Ursoc with Omen, you know, the ancient driven insane that we faced every year at lunar festival? How about we fight him in the nightmare, don't kill him, though, and Omen is finally freed from his madness, and now a new ally, lunar festival would change accordingly, we've fought omen for enough years.. Replace Dragons of Nightmare with Ysera, as Ysera dies, Ysondre, who has faced the nightmare before, would reluctantly accept to become the new aspect, her previous encounters with the nightmare making her the most experienced dragon to deal with it, and thus, the best replacement possible. Cenarius would be killed, however, permanently too, as he is within the Emerald Dream, and I feel like ancients should be bound to the dream, just as it demons are to the Nether and can only be permanently killed in the nether (Also on that topic, only powerful demons should be able to be reborn like that) We wouldn't become class hall leaders either, and as previous expansions should've been, we would remain adventurers This means we'd not be hunting down these super powerful demons on our own. Speaking of class hall bosses though... Hakkar should not be a Fel Lord, but rather as described in lore before "A burning skeletal demon" who weilds a whip made of felhound skin as a weapon, here's an image of official artwork: http://imgur.com/epVjg4t And on topic on Fel Lords and other "Powerful Demons", we should not face them often at all, the only two Fel Lords I think are alright up to now are the one in HFC and the upcoming one in ToS Moving on... No Xe'ra/Illidan redemption, the redemption of illidan would be in TBC, sunwell patch, discovering that we were decieved and now Illidan is dead, the end. A long questchain involving Tirion's death and throughout the Legion patches, discovering about a rogue Nathrezim (Lothraxion) (no connection to turalyion/alleria this time around) and in the end aiding him, Lothraxion would, near the end of the expansion, take the mantle of Highlord of the Argent Crusade, reforging the broken Ashbringer into a shield. 7.1: The Gates of Helheim Not much to change with the entire Helya/odyn thing, maybe make odyn less of a really dislikable character? I also don't like Helya being a Val'kyr, perhaps just a former ally of odyn, swayed to the dark by Loken? Speaking of Val'kyr... Aradne would be the second final boss of this Raid, perhaps Guarm>Aradne>Helya, no need to be tested by odyn... again..., Aradne would serve as a mockery to odyn, something that says; "Hey, you remember your glorious creation? Yeah, not even they are safe from my grasp" Now, this is also where a large plot twist comes in.. What if Aradne was always a servant of Helya, Val'kyr were very smart members of the Scourge, and what if Helya had a better grasp over them than even Arthas? What I would do is reveal here that this is one of the reasons of the Kvadir in Northrend, the Kvadir were there to contact the dark Val'kyr, and sway them to serve Helya, and so they did, they pretended to serve Arthas further, constantly drawing his powerful soul ever closer to Helheim. When Arthas died, this is where his sould would be sent.. and this is where the Val'kyr could temporally bring Sylvanas' soul aswell, giving her the impression being stuck with Arthas is where her fate would lay if dead. Just like Arthas' soul, that of Sylvanas would also be very powerful, and a great gift to Helya, so they fooled both arthas and sylvanas, binding both souls to helheim in the end. Once Helya is dead, I would think, THIS is a better place to put another "keeper of the dead", someone who would draw the souls of the dishonorable into hell, a punishment for their disgrace, one who would work together with Odyn to keep justice among the Vrykul. Who this would be I do not know, perhaps a final redemption for either arthas or sylvanas... 7.2: Tomb of Sargeras(?) -Dalaran's Fall As we assault the Tomb of Sargeras, the Legion manages to counterattack, the Tomb's fel beam is amied at Dalaran, and it succeeds, we evacuate as many people as we can and escape, A broken Dalaran plummets into the seas below, the capital will be moved to Suramar City, now that we have ripped it from the Legion's control. -Kil'jaeden not final boss of Tomb, how about the Avatar of Sargeras being the final boss, I am sure something else fits in there to have as another boss to get the number right. As for Argus and all that, look, I'm clueless, I wouldn't want any of it to happen in the first place yet, ending the Legion still feels premature, and I'd try to make ToS the final raid of the Expansion, I'm not sure what I'd put inbetween, maybe that scrapped night elf island, Thal'dranath.. However, Regarding the "Army of the Light" which may be dubbed as something else, it would include more than broek and draenei, it would be an army spanning from a whole array of different races from different worlds where they resisted the Legion, a good place to let developers go wild, they could make what they want here, chanses are we wont ever see this race again anyways. Argus would be introduced the last Legion-related patch in wow, and either the final or second final boss would be Archimonde AND Kil'jaeden at the same time, if not the last, Sargeras would be the last, another boss that I'd not have killed before that would be Aggonar, he appeared collossal in TBC, and would prhaps be more powerful than even Mannoroth Chronicles: -Azeroth is not a titan, rather a normal planet, the Well of Eternity would be, as speculated, a fountain of power the Titans have planted to reinforce our chanses to win against the Old Gods and their minions -The Old Gods are not minions of the Void, the Void would be just another element, one fitting to the Old Gods, sure, but not their masters, the Old Gods are perhaps without masters, or perhaps something else than the Void leads them. -Other titans did visit Draenor, and it does have an Emerald Dream, to which Anzu and Rukhmar for example, are connected to. -The Broken Curse is made from an amplified Sethe's blood sample, rahter than the red pox, more similarities: Both Sethe's curse and the Legion's weapon disconnected the target from the Light Both Sethe's curse and the Legion's weapon deformed the body of the target into a broken state. Misc: -Grand Army of the Light, shouldn't happen, it just sounds silly as a whole, it feels -too- united, unlike what the Alliance-Horde have been for so long. -Third War=10 years before World of Warcraft classic, and ingame timeline should correlate with the real timeline, look up when either World First kills were made, or when the next patch came out, whichever is a more realistic time lapse for said accomplishment. I will add a second post soon with additional things I would do that aren't changes, but pure additions to the lore, I hope everyone enjoyed the read, and hope that, if there is ever a WoW 2, this may somehow serve as an inspiration, while it is probably a given on the forums, I give full permission for any of this to be used in official lore if Blizzard wishes to do so. So, do you agree? Disagree? do you have your own ideas I did not mention? Please share themBarokoshama2 Sep 1
Sep 1 No Vol'jin Rez T^T When Vol'jin died at the beginning of Legion is was hoping he would make a comeback later on in the expansion But with 7.3 less than a week away and most likely the end of the expansion it doesn't look like he is getting rezzed and is just gone for good. This is the single most annoying thing blizz has done lore wise for me personally. Next to Thrall and Cairne, Vol'Jin did the most to help establish the horde that became the faction it was coming into WoW. He built it. And when garrosh was !@#$ing it all up he lead the rebellion. It was only fitting that at the end of MoP he became warchief. Then they did nothing with him at all for WoD and killed him off right at the start of legion. %^-* you blizz !@#$ you.Vanorstus57 Sep 1
Sep 1 Demons don't permanently die on Argus Whats up with this? Pretty sure they are supposed to.Manduinwrynn19 Sep 1
Aug 31 Where the heck is Maiev?! Illidan has her locked somewhereVainth7 Aug 31
Aug 31 Turalyon [spoilers] 10 years, 7 months and 14 days waiting to come face to face with find out what happened to the High General of the Sons of Lothar and he walks out of a cave like "NBD". (No big deal.) C'mon Blizz. Come fing on. Major let down.Wrynn14 Aug 31
Aug 31 Suspicious of the Light and Naaru Illidan was given a vision... Before Illidan could defend himself in any way, a bolt of pure Light blasted from the Naaru. It struck his empty eye sockets and filled them with a golden glow. Illidan braced himself for a blast of Agony that did not come. In the past such magic had always racked him with pain. It would normally have done the same to any user of fel magic. His vision shimmered and faded, and he found himself looking down on a terrible battlefield. Amid mountains of corpses, a winged figured battled at the head of the legions of Lights. A golden glow surrounded his warglaives. He cleft demons asunder with mighty blows. The soldiers surrounding him gazed up in awe and wonder at their leader. It took Illidan a moment to realize that this being's features were his own, transformed, his eyes glowing fiercely. This avatar of the Light looked calm and strong and at peace. His face was filled with confidence, shorn of all suffering. As Illidan watched, the winged figure rose above the battle, defying gigantic entities of darkness, creations of the evil of the Void. A halo played around his head. His body began to glow brighter than the sun, and from his outstretched arms, rays of Light emerged to strike down his foes. Given all of this... I have to ask... Why is Illidan suspicious of the Light and the Naaru? What does he know that we don't?Damuzî4 Aug 31
Aug 31 What's up with the Greymane family? After finishing the Anduin quest, something disturbs me about the Greymane family ... why don't we ever see them together? First, I get what Blizzard is doing with Genn and Anduin. Blizz seems to be setting things up for a King to King mentorship story. They seem to be going for the whole "I lost my son and you lost your father, so let's help each other" story. Its cute and heartwarming, and I get it. Second, Can someone remind Genn that he has a wife and daughter? I'm not sure that I've seen Genn in the same location with Tess and Mia since the worgen starting zone. Queen Mia isnt even in the game anymore ... and she's the only queen left on the planet. How are you supposed to mentor anduin when you don't even pay attention to your wife & daughter? Are none of the Blizzard writers married or is this just a major oversight? I wasn't sure why Tess was a rogue and not a mage, priest, or paladin. But I guess being ignored by your family will cause you to go rogue quickly. Although, I suppose Gilneas needed a resident rogue. Blizzard didnt even bother giving Queen Mia a role in Legion at all. Not good. TLDR; Its a shame that we don't see more development between the Greymane family members, because they are the most alive and in-tact family in all of Azeroth, even despite losing Liam. Missed opportunities galore.Goredeth74 Aug 31
Aug 31 Army of the light using a well rounded army Its the first thing I noticed about the Army of the Light. Every dreanei class was on Argus except for shaman and monks(but that is to be expected considering these are Azerothian classes they would never have had access to). More importantly, there seemed to been a near even split of female/male named NPC amoung that army.Zerde14 Aug 31
Aug 31 The Light and Void as Good and Evil I know there has been some debate about whether the light and void are inherently good or evil forces. And after giving it some thought, I think that the light and void (maybe even fel) should embody a nature of good or evil. To clarify, I am not saying that the light cannot be used for evil and that shadow/fel cannot be used for good. I am mainly talking about their nature, not how individuals use them. There are plenty example of the light gone astray (e.g. Scarlet Crusade, Arthas, Arakkoa possibly?). Many demon hunters, warlocks, and shadow priests have also fought for righteous causes. Personally, I think the whole idea of the Light and Shadow not being inherently good or evil defeats class fantasy. Warlocks, Death Knights, Demon Hunters, and Shadow Priest are not evil. It is their power source that is evil. That is part of the appeal to these classes as one is literally turning evil against itself. It is one’s own willpower that separates him or her from succumbing to darkness. It is supposed to be a high risk, high reward type scenario. One dabbles in powers that are wrong, but for right reasons. On the other hand, I feel the light is supposed to be benevolent. If the nature of the void is to consume, corrupt, and destroy, the light's nature should be the opposite. I am not saying the light cannot be dangerous, I just mean that the powers of void and fel are more volatile. Despite the cultural differences between the races (e.g. Sunwalkers vs Silver Hand), the various Holy/Discipline Priests and Paladins all evoke the fantasy of a righteous defender and or saintly figure. Now, how do zealots fit into this? It has been stated that many times that one’s faith in the light allows him or her to use it for good or evil. However, I would also add that the more one uses it for evil the further they stray from the light. The best example I can think of is the Scarlet Crusade. Every time we meet this organization, we always find that they are being manipulated by a sinister force, usually the dread lords (demons and masters of shadow magic). For example, the scarlet crusaders in Dragonblight have Raven Priests that openly use shadow magic. I feel there is a limit to how much one can use the light for evil before they eventually turn. To me, it seems one becomes blinded by his or her faith to the point where they are on the cusp of giving into a darker power or being manipulated by one. Arthas is another good example of using the light for something sinister before adopting darker methods. Maybe the darkening of a Naaru is a physical representation that all beings embody good and evil in them (considering they are made of light)? I think a similar argument can be made for demons considering their origins and the presence of Lothraxion. Overall, I think having the light and void represent good and evil gives more meaning and depth to the classes.Nonmortuus61 Aug 31
Aug 31 Turalyon & Alleria going forward Turlayon & Alleria, So they are already a major force in 7.3 and will be for the foreseeable future in this expansion. My only fear is that they won't be part of WoWs inevitable "Old Gods" expansion and we only see them in a Void expansion which could be awhile from now. My point being that whenever Blizzard introduces super cool characters, we don't see them again for quite some time. My hope is that they stay apart of the story for awhile before fading into obscurity.Kaén1 Aug 31
Aug 31 Illidan and his Demon Hunters Do any of you other Demon Hunters find it jarring at all that in all the quest text with Illidan after he is brought back, he talks to us as if we are just rando hero's instead of the xXxelitesquadxXx he made? Thought blizz might alter the text a little bit, but I guess not. *shrug* Couldn't find any other threads about this and thought it was just fuggin wierd.Straud11 Aug 31
Aug 31 Illidan is Horde in Spirit? [spoilers for 7.3.............. . . . . . . . ] I have to say, Illidan refusing to have his view of good and evil dictated to him was the heart of what the Horde stands for. Meanwhile, Xera being "this is what 'good' is accept it" felt very Alliance. I know a lot of Alliance are going to disagree a lot, fair enough. But this is one Goblin's views.Rixlee39 Aug 31
Aug 31 Illidan's fate *spoilers* The datamined Antorous notes on wowhead show that Illidan is going to become the jailer of Sargeras. Does this mean he sacrifices his own body as a host to Sargeras or will he be like Maiev, sort of keeping watch over him?Viserscha48 Aug 31
Aug 31 SPOILERS! Xera: So Illidan... All this trouble to get Xera's heart to Azeroth, help it get Illidan resurrected, and bring them both to Argus to make Xera whole once more and help Illidan realize his prophesied role...just to have him blow up Xera in a temper tantrum. I swear to God Illidan, we literally can't take you anywhere. Poor Xera realized too late that Illidan had a greater problem than the Legion: his ego. And how the heck does Illidan parry the edge of a blade BAREHAND? That's about as realistic as AU Durotan getting minor skin irritation from Blackhand's hammer POOLING LITERAL MAGMA ON HIS CHEST.Artarion18 Aug 31
Aug 31 Turalyon's Strength So apparently Turalyon has been fighting across the stars with an army known as the "Grand Army of the Light". The army is comprised of survivors from other worlds from the Legions burning crusade and formed a quite successful 1000 year war across the universe. The army is lead by Turalyon, as he is their High Exarch. This said, I am just wanting to speculate on Turalyon's current strength and power. Currently, Turalyon should be by far a whole lot stronger than any other paladin who ever existed. This includes Uther and Tirion. Why? Because Turalyon not only has been fighting the Legion for 1000 years (time warps in the Nether), but he has also been blessed by the Naaru themselves, beings of Holy Light. So my question, and invitation to debate is, how powerful is he compared to others? For example, is he Khadgar level, or stronger? Can he mop the floor with Sylvanas? Could he beat the Lich King? Discuss!Tardelan41 Aug 31
Aug 30 Argus, the BL and the Army of the L I have two questions: The first is that I thought the Legion spanned "countless worlds"? Why all of a sudden do we think we can defeat the Legion on Argus? No doubt Blizzard has a Deus Ex Machina thing planned but in the world we are not aware of that atm and suddenly all the NPCs think we can defeat them by going to Argus. How? When did this happen especially after Viz'aduum's speach? The next is the disappointing Army of the Light. Where are all the soldiers especially if Argus is supposedly the key to the Legion's destruction? There are like five of them right now. Anyway, thank you for your repliesWhisperrind12 Aug 30
Aug 30 The Old Gods the ultimate threat What if the Void Lords don't have as much control of the Old Gods as they think. What if in the end, the creations end up consuming their creators somehow. We know the Void Lords created the Old Gods to corrupt unborn titans to create a dark titan to consume and thus transfer the universe to the Void Lords.... but I donno... maybe the Old Gods have other plans.Feldoraan1 Aug 30
Aug 30 Story Forum Community Lounge 135 Link to the Archive: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8087929632 Link to the last lounge: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20758416856?page=1 1) The thread must be called "Story Forum Community Lounge" followed by its number. 2) No serious lore discussion. 3) No hating, flaming, or serious debates unless all sides wish to engage in the talk. 4) You must post these rules in the Original Post, so all can see the rules in future lounge. Previously, in the Lounge: We were discussing shipping.Vaethria500 Aug 30
Aug 30 Aethas Sunreaver & Khadgar Talked to Aethas Sunreaver in Vindicaar Matrix Core and listening to his conversation with Khadgar (as well as what Khadgar say when I spoke to him). It seems like both of them are feeling the influence of the surrounding, mainly Xe'ra (they didn't mention it, but more pointing towards the influence of Light), and both of them are actually feeling nervous/paranoid at things (ie, Khadgar is worrying about the Council of Six while being so far away from them) Anyone has any thought on this?Lightscar2 Aug 30
Aug 30 Sargeras' TRUE Jailor [SPOILERS] (sorta) So as many of us know, there have been leaks revealing Illidan's story will end with him staying behind in Sargeras' prison as his eternal jailor as datamined on WoWhead. But just as I predicted Illidan's return, I also have my sources that have found that the dialogue stating Illidan becomes Sargeras' Jailor is another Red Herring. Here is what I have found: Illidan Stormrage: The titan soul of Argus is the key to breaking the Legion. Our defenses must hold long enough to destroy it... or Sargeras wins. Prophet Velen: Perhaps this world's past can aid us. I will scour my memory for what may yet remain. Magni Bronzebeard: Ye did it! Aggramar's essence is free! He can stand beside his brethren once more. Prophet Velen: The very cradle of creation! Magni Bronzebeard: The titans can sever that connection... but not here. They need ta bring the soul o' Argus ta their place o' power... the Seat o' the Pantheon. Illidan Stormrage: Our victories mean nothing. So long as Sargeras has the soul of Argus to fuel his infinite army, Azeroth remains in grave peril. Magni Bronzebeard: Their final act will harness the last o' Argus's power, to imprison Sargeras... once and for all. Magni Bronzebeard: Heroes, I can signal the titans ta begin. Once they start their ritual... there's no turnin back! Magni Bronzebeard: The tortured soul of Argus has been put to rest. Illidan Stormrage: It matters not. We have lost. Look to the skies! Prophet Velen: Sargeras will soon undo all we have fought for. Voice of Amanthul: No. Voice of Amanthul: We will use the last glimmer of Argus's power to bind him here. The Seat of the Pantheon shall become Sargeras's prison... and ours as well. Prophet Velen: You would condemn yourselves to stop him? Illidan Stormrage: Our world must survive... no matter the cost! Gelbin Mekkatorque: Illidan! You hold a grim destiny in your hands brother, but it is not your own. Illidan Stormrage blinks Illidan Stormrage: And who, exactly, are you? Gelbin Mekkatorque: The leader of the gnomes! Illidan Stormrage: Leader of the what? Gelbin Mekkatorque: THE FLIPPIN' GNOMES! We blew up our home and we... uh... it's not important! What's important is I am going to be Sargeras' Jailer, not you! Illidan Stormrage: But I-- Voice of Amanthul: A sacrifice must be made. Voice of Amanthul: Return home, children of Azeroth. Protect the final titan. High Exarch Turalyon: Prophet... what happened out there? Prophet Velen: Gelbin serves as the Dark Titan's jailer. His sacrifice has ended the Legion. At long last, the Burning Crusade...is over. Illidan Stormrage: ... this is bull!@#$!!!Felendren0 Aug 30
Aug 30 High Priestess Ishanah got fired It must be terrible. Going from Aldor Faction leader, to Velen Representative, to Class Champion.. only to lose your job to become an innkeeper. http://imgur.com/a/BsslM Having Netherlight Temple champion on your resume ruins your career, it seems.Aelliciah10 Aug 30
Aug 30 The implications of "that cinematic" Spoilers for a cinematic available now ingame by advancing the Argus story quests. ... ... ... First of all, we have Xe'ra, who is one of the most powerful beings directly representing the Light, the force that has helped us save the world many times, and which we follow without questions. This being asks us to find and resurrect a !@#$%^ genocidal megalomaniac because he was retconned and is now the champion of her/our cause. She basically says that he is the most perfect character and that he is needed if we want to defeat the Legion. She even implies that we should feel bad for standing against him in TBC. I never liked her, something wasn't quite right with her obsession. Then we have Illidan. All he wants is to destroy the Legion and everything he does is to get closer to that goal. He did some good things, but in the past, from the War of the Ancients all the way to Legion, his wrongs have outweighted his rights. Blizz thought he would be cool as a poster boy so the worst parts of his past have been retconed. I can live with that, as long as he stays away from me. I hate smugness and self pity, so hearing about his self sacrifice every single time got tiresome very fast. When we get to Argus, first we hear Alleria say that Xe'ra wanted her imprisoned because she did some experiments with void stuff. That doesn't sound right; first, the Na'aru are known to be benevolent and understanding; and second, the void is a part of themselves. They are literally made of light and void, and their existence is the living representation of the cycle between the two forces. But that's fine, it was just a comment. Then we finally see how Xe'ra meets Illidan in person. Her chosen one, her "Child of Light and Shadow", the most perfect champion our side could produce to stand against the Legion. And again, she does something extremely un-Naaru-ish. Why did she thought it would be a good idea to try and FORCE him to be imbued with something he didn't want? She's supposed to be one of the wisest creatures in existence. I believe there are several possibilities: - She was stupid - and maybe even wrong this whole time about Illidan. - She was somehow corrupted or not completely herself (this idea is reinforced by the change in Turalyon's eyes color, it is as if he was possesed by her power). - She tricked Illidan into killing her knowing what would happen an willingly accepted her own death, hoping that it will serve as a symbol. Of what? She wanted to prove that Illidan is always right and that we should trust him even above a Naaru? - The Light is not what we think it is, and there will be more retcons ahead. In any case, screw all this. It was a cool cinematic because of how weird an unexpected it was, but all the involved are extremely bad and annoying characters. Where can I enlist in the Legion's ranks? Edit: the forums censored one of the words I used to describe Illidan. It was a reference to him enslaving and having intercourse with many female elves in his temple against their will because he was jealous of his brother's wife.Protagoras5 Aug 30
Aug 30 Let this be a lesson to all Choosers of Ones. To gods, or beings of power greater than ours, (or in this case the writers) If you wanted a Chosen One to fight and defeat the Legion, Don't choose people like Illidan. Choose a better and more fitting person, than Illidan. It was a stupid idea to play this straight with Illidan of all people and it might be stupid still if something does happen at the end of this patch. I mean to this day I don't know what Xe'ra saw in Illidan when there were plenty of people that are better. Choose Anduin, choose Khadgar, heck choose even Thrall because at least he is a good guy. Illidan is a man who would unleash the tides of doom to ALL who would oppose him.Argronak16 Aug 30
Aug 30 Shrine of the Great Warrior (Spoilers) So I found a Reddit post detailing something interesting on Argus: https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/6wywd1/hmmm_i_wonder_who_is_this_refering_too/?st=J6Z5G84Q&sh=34eb28fe Apparently the Broken of Argus knew about Broxigar, and may have recovered his equipment as shown by the boot and shoulderpad nearby. I think it's a nice little touch.Hukaga1 Aug 30
Aug 30 Is the Light a singular being? In Beyond the Dark Portal, Turalyon encounters a being that he describes as THE Light Itself. Does this mean that there is one being who is the light? Or is that still referring to just a Naaru?Satheinas13 Aug 30
Aug 30 Is Priest now the strongest class in lore? For the longest time, it seemed to be generally accepted that Warlocks were the "strongest" class in lore (not counting various notorious characters throughout Warcraft history - but comparing the classes themselves directly). However, with the change in the Shadow Priest story, and how they are tapping into the power of the Void & Old Gods, would this not place them above Warlocks in the hierarchy of power? In fact, Shadow Priests are utilizing so much power at some points, that their mortal frame literally cannot contain it, and they end up inevitably dying. Not only that, but some of their powers are incomprehensible to other mortals, causing utter insanity. On the flip side, priests are able to also command the light, which is equally as powerful as the void (two sides of the same coin). I'd like to hear your take on this, and if you think that this is the case, or if I'm way off base here.Avellion6 Aug 30
Aug 30 "Stay a while, and listen" This is a great feature! We're getting conversations we normally would have never been able to hear before, as there was no place for them in quests as optional features when you speak to the NPC. I loved the interactions you get from some of the characters on the Vindicaar when you address them. I hope this feature sticks around!Leiaran4 Aug 30
Aug 30 The story is so bad There use to be a time in blizzard where the writers would try to create art. That time has passed. Now, it's like they are just making the story up as they go along for cheap cash.Methpipe57 Aug 30
Aug 30 The Differing Problems of Factions So, in recent months I've seen varying amounts of debate and simple arguing on this forum. It is the main reason that until now I have been avoiding posting as the community has become a toxic cesspool which only seems to winge about how much the story has sucked for their faction either in the past or the present. In this post I want to explain why the current state of the factions is not acceptable for either side and why the current state of discussion is helping absolutely no one. Let's start with a bit of history for faction representation throughout the game's history huh? I think that it's fair. Edit: So to start off, because the first two expansions and Vanilla were so light on story in general save for Wrath which I believe is relatively balanced in terms of faction content I'm going to relegate these to a shorter post than the previous 4 expansions. Vanilla In Vanilla the game was incredibly biased in favor of the alliance. Between the raids being closer to alliance cities, the game focusing primarily on alliance themes and the allocation of zones being heavily in favor of the alliance. In terms of story representation early Vanilla was inexcusable concerning faction representation. And this lasted for the entirety of the early game. BC In BC the story actually heavily favored the Horde in terms of faction representation. With the introduction of the blood elves who to this day are the most played race on the Horde, the exploration of the homeworld of the orcs, and the general focus on Draenei as a neutral faction rather than one limited to the alliance this was the start of another trend I want to focus on later. Yeah BC was heavily focused in favor of the Horde save for Illidan who was more demonically aligned. Wrath In Wrath... I've never quite understood claims that this expansion was biased in favor of the alliance. The Horde was in Northrend in spades, with the forsaken having a heavy presence in the Western zones of Howling Fjord, the orcs in the eastern zone of Borean Tundra, and the rest of the zones were controlled by neutral factions. There are three exceptions to this. The Explorer's league, and Dalaran. While The Argent Crusade is lead by a human, it's always been shown to be a truly neutral orginization, with individuals from both factions being in leadership positions. Tirion Fordring being a faction oriented character for the alliance is true. But the rest of the faction is neutral. It's just a generic light based organization no different than the blood knights after BC. The Explorer's league being the focus of the Storm Peak dungeons has always been rather odd to me, however as Brann had always been the point of reference character for major lore books prior to that, it made sense to have him interact with both factions as he was a popular character and there was no horde equivalent. Dalaran being turned into a neutral kingdom also didn't make sense, however as it was only the second expansion having a neutral faction hub did make some sense if only from a design standpoint. Although having two faction hubs spread the load of the playerbase thus easing lag... Yeah I actually agree that Dalaran becoming neutral in wrath was a mistake! This will be continued in the next postEding39 Aug 30
Aug 30 No horde on argus? During Japan's Korean war in 1592-1598 one of the Leader's of Japan's largest vassal's chose not to participate and instead built up his forces while the rest of Japan's armies were damaged by the war. Two years later said vassal took advantage of this and conquered Japan. During the army of Light's war against the Legion one of the alliance's largest vassal's the horde chose not to participate and instead built up it's forces while the rest of the alliance was damaged by the war. next xpac the horde will...? What was that dreadlord saying about getting betrayed again?Totemfiend18 Aug 30
Aug 30 Gender Dimorphism This has already been driven into the ground by smarter people than me, but I wanna see what everyone has to say about this. (I know the proper term is sexual dimorphism, but the forum censors might dislike that terminology, especially in a thread title.) I feel like at its core, the idea of female monsters is too much of a difficult undertaking for Blizzard. Just look at ogres, hozen, jinyu, troggs, tuskarr, the list goes on and on and on. Many monstrous/inhuman races have no known female examples. I give murlocs, kobolds, gnolls, quillboar etc. a pass because they're much more animal-like and the differences between male and female are probably minor. However, for the monstrous races that DO actually get two genders, the females are "prettied up" and look ridiculously different. Naga females don't look anything like the males. They don't even have the same kind of faces. Female draenei are freakin' rail-thin while their male counterparts look like upright orcs. Heck, I'm sure female ogres, if they even existed, would just be the male model, scaled down to .9, with breasts slapped on and enough liposuction to make her arms and waist thinner than a blood elf's thigh. While this is neither a new thing in video games nor an exclusively Blizzard thing, does anyone else see this as a problem? Or at least an annoyance?Larannas321 Aug 30
Aug 30 Theorize the above lore change 2 Since the last thread died months ago, I'm gonna bring this back. Essentially, how this game works is that someone suggests a lore change, and then the next poster describes the aftermath of that lore change, before ending their post with the next lore change for the next poster to explain, and so on. Simple, right? The last post, however, did run into several small issues that I'll address with the following rules: 1) No super short lore changes like "Azeroth wakes up as a void titan". It's not fun to describe something super short like that. 2) If two people post a change at the same time, the second poster can either edit in the first poster's lore change, or the poster after those two can describe both. 3) Reusing lore changes isn't fun. However, you CAN alter the circumstances of the lore change so it's different. 4) Regarding spoilers, place a warning before you state your lore change. With these rules in mind, I'll set up the first lore change. After the Shadow Council assassins kill Draka and Durotan, they take their infant son to Gul'dan.Hukaga1 Aug 30
Aug 30 New legion spoilers: Tirion fordring So the broken shores has been shown and Tirion was there, his last words were Leave now, it a trap and The light will protect me, the LIGHT AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH As he is melted with green fire and dropped into lava. Here's the problem, The paladin's ret quest is after the broken shores event and it is to rescue him and hes still alive, WUT? Heres the even more confusing part, if you don't pick the ashbringer and do the other artificts you are told he has passed away (my guessing after the broken shore event) *sigh* They need to fix this I hope. Right now its like trying to hammer a square into a circle hole on storytelling.Aycardus8 Aug 30
Aug 30 Bloodmyst Isle Getting Some Love? Bloodmyst. Since it was first released in TBC, it's had some interesting plot developments and lore, but a severely boring/grind-centrist quest-chain. But, things could change. With the Exodar taking off once again and the amount of people who'd like a reworked Quel'Thalas (understandably so), there's a chance that 8.0 might bring with it a reworked Azuremyst, Eversong, Ghostlands, and Bloodmyst. All of these being brought back gives us some very promising developments ((my personal dream would be Stillpine Furbolg for Alliance and Amani for Horde)), I'll focus on just Bloodmyst for now. Compared to Ghostlands Zul'Aman(a fantastic instance and source of transmog like the helmet I'm wearing), almost no content is present in Bloodmyst. This could easily change. There's bountiful plot points that could be explored with the zone for 8.0 questlines. All of these could end in a level-appropriate dungeon that offers a Heroic mode for max level players (Think Scarlet Monastery, Cata Deadmines), a raid for max level players(See Hyjal's Firelands) or both (To name a recent example, Val'Sharah). Two potential themes: 1. Tyrus Blackhorn has finally resurfaced. Demons leftover on Azeroth and remaining servants of the Nightmare alike have fled to Bloodmyst, where they've been further corrupted and mutated by Blackhorn's manipulation of the foul radiation energies. 2. When Yalnu the genesaur came threw the portal in Stormwind, a few of her minions were able to escape. Sensing the power of the corrupted fauna in Bloodmyst, they set out to establish their foothold upon Azeroth. Now, adventurers must set out to defeat whatever monstrosities they've managed to create, including whispers of a genesaur born from Bloodmyst's strange powers.Nkhwazi2 Aug 30
Aug 30 Is Ner'zhul a Pale Orc? The story of the Pale Orcs is that these were Orcs who travelled to the Throne of the Elements to receive the Elemental Spirits blessings and become Shamans, but some Orcs who are unworthy, some how ended up coming into contact with the Void and this drove these Orcs insane and made thier skin Pale. The ones that survived this process they were exiled from thier clan, tattoos on their faces marking them as dead to the Clan, and forced to live in the caves for the rest of their life? But Ner'zhul has a Tattoo of a Skull on his face, and he seems to have Pale Skin, and yet why is he the chieften of his own clan?Argronak5 Aug 30
Aug 30 We should keep an eye on the shamen... Think about it. The Dark Shamans are a boss in Siege of Orgrimmar. Why did we siege Orgrimmar? Because Garrosh was being an !@#$%^-. Why was Garrosh being an *!@#$%^? The Sha. Shaman Shaman Men of ShaBershalar1 Aug 30
Aug 29 The Burning Crusade? "On Draenor, the Pale orcs received a prophecy of the Hour of Twilight from the void lords: a time when the shadow would envelop the universe and snuff out all life in existence." So Sargeras wants to prevent this from happening, by destroying all life in the universe? I know he went mad, but how does he view this as any different from what the void lords (that he views with such terror) are doing?Rivendel9 Aug 29
Aug 29 Confused by 7.3 story So I just got back from a break since about the release of Nighthold. I'm enjoying the quests in 7.3 so far but I think I might have missed something. I was under the impression that Turalyon and friends had been gone for ~20 years or so, but they are all referencing thousands of years fighting demons. Another thing I'm a bit lost on is the army of light. Where did they come from? I may have just not been paying enough attention or it may have been explained in 7.2, but is there some way I can be caught up?Eluric6 Aug 29
Aug 29 Is Turalyon Still A Huge Racist? In WC2 he was lying on the ground with no weapon and he thought to himself "These people with a different skin color than me don't belong in my country." This racist thought gave him the self-righteousness to INSTANTLY DESTROY THE ENTIRE HORDE ARMY WITHOUT MOVING A MUSCLE. One of the most extremely retarded Deus Ex/Mary Sue moments of all time. Light power supremacist instantly solos an entire race with his Light power racism. https://wow.gamepedia.com/Turalyon#The_Lion.27s_lieutenantThreeslotbag66 Aug 29
Aug 29 Illidan is worst choice for Sargeras' jailer Hear me out. Why would they put the one guy, who believes in making sacrifices for the greater good, and can empathize being held captive for endless time, the jailer for an entity who's burning crusade represented the ultimate sacrifice of all time for the greater good (not saying this is the case, but is certainly how Sargeras views it) ? Isn't it likely that Sargeras, being the all-powerful titan he is, would eventually somehow recruit/manipulate Illidan into freeing him? Wouldn't Sargeras likely convince Illidan the danger of the void-lords and how the only escape is to sacrifice everything? If Sargeras is merely contained, and Illidan becomes his jailer, I definitely see him being released eventually.Tyrannicus9 Aug 29
Aug 29 world of warcraft storyline thrall was a wizard so they suicide squaded to the new and improved legion that the million of hours on roc diddnt defeat anyway the hocus pocus is running out and the only way to survive is to stay on your misbegotten feet the whole time while running around without a valcano the only good part about the game is the deathknight"Haneth1 Aug 29
Aug 29 The Troll War, Rhonin and the Guardians Just a thought, what if the idea of the guardians themselves were derived in part either due to Rhonin or the Troll Wars? What I mean is those are probably the two recorded instances in which mages pooled their powers together to weave powerful spells. I could see it being used as the precursor of how Guardian magic worked.Zerde12 Aug 29
Aug 29 Content speculation So we know with the accelerated schedule we will be getting new content in wow. There will be no breaks like previous expansions. As well as no single raids or big raids. This leaves us with small raids like tov and dungeons. I believe there will atleast be 1-2 3-4 boss raids left as well as atleast 2 dungeons. I also think the devs will take the extended time after 7.3. To focus on fixing classes like demonology lock,hopefully before next expansion. So what do you guys think is next after 7.3. Are we actually gonna fight ashara,nzoth,and dark prophet zul minions? Or will they focus more on the dragon story part 2 with chromie. I have a feeling kul tiras might drop sooner before next expansion. Just so Everyone cant foreshadow whats next. Or it will lead into tge next expansion and kultiras zone will act as a catalyst. I will however get excited to see them throw more magni, sylvannas, and jaina(dreadlord) action into the game. What if the dreadlord jaina is the real jaina who just got turned into a dreadlord from magic. Hopefully they have a leading story while we wait. Perhaps we could go knock out aome old ties while waiting. What do you guys speculate?Eçlipsé12 Aug 29
Aug 29 We need villain build up again I was watching a nixxiom video, even I think this guy is a complete goof ball sometimes, the video he did about wow villain build up was spot on, I was wondering since Legion lacks any villain build up within its patch story content. I think the last villain we had that actually had build up in wow was Garrosh, even though he is controversial the way they took him, I think in my opinion a great build up in wow. They need another villain where we actually see him or her grow into a villain role in wow.Grimrow8 Aug 29
Aug 29 The Arcane is not "Addictive" per say From most sources that describe it, the Arcane power of the well of eternity was described as "life giving". The Wild gods them selves spawned from the Coalesced arcane energy of the well of eternity. The Arcane is the lifeblood of the Titans them selves. This combined with the fact that the Nightborne fed on the Arcane energy of the night well as a source of nourishment, replacing food, leads me to believe Arcane is not addictive like a drug, but rather, your body learns to require this energy like a source of food. Just because you need food, doesn't mean you are addicted to it.Rivendel16 Aug 29