New Player Help and Guides

Apr 17, 2013 Picking a class IF YOU'RE A VETERAN AND HAVE PLAYED EXTENSIVELY:---> OR HAVE LEVELED PAST 60 •What have you played before? all except warlock and dk •How far did you level it? Hunter to 90, Paladin to 75, druid to 43, priest to 42, rest 30 or under •Describe what you liked and disliked about those classes. Be detailed! Hunter: I really enjoyed the mobility of the class, as well as the power it had. I also enjoyed keeping up dots as survival. However, i really disliked being locked to only dps with all three specs feeling relatively the same. Felt like I really did not bring much to the group. Paladin: enjoy the offheals as ret, as well as utility brought to the group. The tanking was a little on the dull side, and the class as a whole felt slow to me. druid: again enjoyed the heals, and the utility. Boomkin was rather enjoyable with dots and offheals and the mobility. feral was not my cup of tea, and did not try tanking. Healing was ok, but I definitely enjoy hard casting more for heals. •With a friend or alone? What's your friend going to be leveling? Alone •Are you leveling via PvE or PvP? Chain-running dungeons? A mix of both, if I role tank I generally chain-run. •Will you be doing primarily raids/dungeons at level cap (PvE) or knocking the opposing faction in the balls over a flag (PvP)? Both, with a slight emphasis on pvp •Will you be multiboxing or just playing a single character? Single character •Race preference? Either for looks or the actual racials (or lore!). Trolls and dwarves are my fav, I guess they seem to feel more laid back and friendly to me, but I'm ok with anything other than NE and UD •Heals/tank/DPS? What's your style for DPS - melee or ranged? Definitely enjoy dps and heals. probably enjoy range more as I hate being out of range as melee and chasing someone down gets old quickly .I enjoy tanking in low levels, but I have never tanked for raids or max level content. •Any favorite game mechanics? (DoTs, HoTs, stealth, mana, etc) Definitely a DoT fan. With heals I prefer more of a punch heals than Hots. stealth is pretty cool on my rogue, plus control. •Hybrid or pure? Does it matter? I suppose hybrid fits more what I am looking for, but open to a more varied pure •Pet or temporary pet or none at all? Does it matter? Doesn't matter •Throw in any extra details here: I have a slight adversion to playing darker classes, but i could learn to get over it. I am just incredibly indecisive lol.Blazingtusks4 Apr 17, 2013
Apr 17, 2013 Main help This is my druid. He's been my main since BC and lately I've grown bored of her. I don't know why, maybe it's because all I've been doing is playing resto for like 6 years. This is the only class I know how to play, given I know other classes main CD's, I don't know them in depth. I want to reroll from my druid, I think it's time to put her to the side. So I have to ask, any suggestions on rerolling? I find healing quite fun. I enjoy having mobility, hots, and having good defense cool downs. I love seeing lots of numbers flying around my screen when healing. When I damage, melee or range, I want it to be fast and powerful, with mobility. I want both specs to take very much skill to play. Unless someone can convince me to stay druid, any suggestions for help? The help is appreciated :)Lifebloõm1 Apr 17, 2013
Apr 17, 2013 Can't complete Battle for Gilneas City Ok, I have no idea what to do, what I'm doing wrong & I'm starting to get very frustrated. I've been reading up on this quest to see what I'm doing wrong. I saw a lot of similar reports but they all seem to be from at least a year ago so that data may be outdated. The mission just keeps restarting on me & sending me back to the bridge before the big speech. I've tried everything I can think of. I tried killing off every enemy we run across. I tried killing off just the baddies that are attacking our army. I tried going stealth and just following Liam without interacting with anything. I tried going stealth and interacting with just the cannons/catapults to attack the abominations & Gorerot. I tried going stealth and heading straight for "checkpoints" so-to-speak. I've tried this quest over two dozen times & I keep just restarting. On the last attempt I managed to get past Gorerot without a reset, got to the battle with the elf-lady (Sylvanis, I think?) and about the time the army got her down to a quarter health, it reset again. I didn't use the quest-item during the post-Gorerot segment, or interact with the scene whatsoever. I'm really enjoying the game right now, never played this race or class before and it's been a blast, but I've been stuck here for a couple days now =\ Can anyone help? Tell me what I'm doing wrong? Or run me through it? Should I submit a ticket? Do they ever respond to tickets from trial accounts? Sincerely, One sad puppy.Galderi5 Apr 17, 2013
Apr 17, 2013 Question Possibly wrong section and really noobish question, so I apologize ahead of time. But, I just found my email and password for this account and haven't reactivated it yet. I was looking under the scroll of resurrection's FAQ and it still stay that SORs give a free ding to 80 plus an upgrade to Cata? I would assume that since that is still stated under the FAQs that that would be true, but I was wondering if any current players could shed some light on this for me as I've been out of the game since 2010. Much appreciated.Copé2 Apr 17, 2013
Apr 17, 2013 Ele/Resto Sham or Boom/Resto Druid I'm getting tired of shadow priest (added to the fact that there are already so many of them) so I'm debating on which of the 2 classes in the title of this post to go. I've played a little of Boomkin/RDruid and I like the DPS Boomkin does when eclipse is on. The main complaint I have is the lack of defensive cool downs. If someone gets in my face, its hard to get them off and I'm dead before you can blink. I'm wanting to mainly DPS for arena, but I do like healing as well. I haven't healed in arena, but I like the option to be there, since I can always learn. I've played a bit of resto shaman previously in WoW, but never played elemental. Just curious how their playstyle is, mainly in arena and how viable of a comp they could give me. Thanks!Quilak5 Apr 17, 2013
Apr 17, 2013 lv my heirloom warr w/ questing or tank? I'm leveling a warrior he's lv 14 in tanking heirlooms should I spec arms and quest or chain run dungeons as protection? I want to reach level cap quick. at max level i plan to pvp only so i don't need the protection practice but it could get me quicker queues.Sixis6 Apr 17, 2013
Apr 17, 2013 Best solo class for undead. Hey, I'm coming back to the game after a bit, and I've forgotten most of what I knew, sorry. :-P Anyway, I enjoy soloing, and I'm looking for a way to solo most content, including raids. I'd prefer not to roll a death knight, although I probably will eventually, and I insist on using undead. I saw a Hunter once solo the Lich King, so that looked interesting, but I'm not sure what would be a good choice. Any advice for a relative newbie?Vikarion14 Apr 17, 2013
Apr 17, 2013 random question >,< where would be a good place to do a character server trans, and by end game does it matter? just wondering, thanksWukongkill5 Apr 17, 2013
Apr 16, 2013 Who do i talk to about buying my items? I just started so im fuzzy on where i go to unload the items i pick up. I read that vendors do, is that correct? If so how do i find them? Theres got to be an easier way than talking to every guy in the village or whatever. I tried researching but was flooded with tmi. Im playing the starter edition if that matters. Thanks!Raknorr3 Apr 16, 2013
Apr 16, 2013 Anyone know the busiest Mountain time server? Aside from logging on to each one individually and getting a rough idea based on the amount of people loafing in OrgGorghar2 Apr 16, 2013
Apr 16, 2013 PvP question I haven't played WoW since vanilla days. I just have one quick question. Are twinks still present? I remember that one of the biggest reason I left the game was that I was constantly getting owned by twinked out people in battlegrounds (I never reached max lvl, I'm talking lower lvls). Did they fix this in any way?Hetzau6 Apr 16, 2013
Apr 16, 2013 I have always had a range main... IF YOU'RE A VETERAN AND HAVE PLAYED EXTENSIVELY: ---> OR HAVE LEVELED PAST 60 •What have you played before? Every class except for a deathknight and rogue •How far did you level it? My druid is 90, my mage is 85, the rest of them range from levels 10-40 •Describe what you liked and disliked about those classes. Be detailed! I did enjoy the dot's, I enjoyed wielding a huge weapon. With my druid, I only played resto and boomkin..I liked spreading the dots to everyone around and with the warrior I enjoyed carrying a huge sword on my back and running people over. I never really got into a rogue.. but I like the thought of killing someone swiftly and disappearing in the shadows. •With a friend or alone? What's your friend going to be leveling? I am leveling alone •Are you leveling via PvE or PvP? Chain-running dungeons? I am going to level by questing and doing pvp games when it's call to arms •Will you be doing primarily raids/dungeons at level cap (PvE) or knocking the opposing faction in the balls over a flag (PvP)? At the level cap, I play on pvping most of the time •Will you be multiboxing or just playing a single character? no •Race preference? Either for looks or the actual racials (or lore!). I like human, worgen and gnomes •Heals/tank/DPS? What's your style for DPS - melee or ranged? What I enjoy the most is dpsing, the runner-up would be healing, and tanking is so boring to me. I do not prefer one over the other when it comes to ranged or melee •Any favorite game mechanics? (DoTs, HoTs, stealth, mana, etc) I don't defer from these either, I enjoy DoTs, I kind of like stealth also. I do not enjoy rage •Hybrid or pure? Does it matter? It doesn't not matter to me •Pet or temporary pet or none at all? Does it matter? This one doesn't matter to me either •Throw in any extra details here: Overall, I am looking for a class that has dps MS. I love fast and powerful damage with lots of numbers flying around on my screen. I don't want to have to depend on a healer to keep myself alive. I LOVE being mobile, moving around. I want to be wanted in pvp groups. I don't want a FoTM class, even if the class you guys help me choose gets nerfed, I want to be good enough to make the class look good. Survivability/defense cooldowns are a must. I want it to take very much skill to play and master. I have always been ranged, but maybe I should give melee a shot. I want to log onto this class every day and know i'll have a fun time. Any suggestions?Representing15 Apr 16, 2013
Apr 16, 2013 Barbershop? I can't find the barber in Orgrimmar! I've asked SO many people and everyone thinks they're too good to respond. Please help :(Drumgun7 Apr 16, 2013
Apr 16, 2013 Need help deciding class What have you played before? Lvl 74 Human Paladin Lvl 46 Human Warlock Lvl 65 Troll Hunter Other classes that never got past lvl 15 Describe what you liked and disliked about those classes. Be detailed! Pally: I really like being able to tank, dps, and heal. I liked the survivability about it. Also, their just cool. Warlock: A generally really fun class to lvl. The animations of the spells were Godlike. Ive always admired the lvl 90 locks. Hunter: To tell the truth, its been really long since ive played him, and I dont really like hunters anymore. With a friend or alone? What's your friend going to be leveling? Forever Alone ;( Are you leveling via PvE or PvP? Chain-running dungeons? Questing, with a few dungeons and bgs here and there. Will you be doing primarily raids/dungeons at level cap (PvE) or knocking the opposing faction in the balls over a flag (PvP)? I would like to be doing raids with a few bgs here and there. Will you be multiboxing or just playing a single character? One Race preference? Either for looks or the actual racials (or lore!). Orcs are okay-ish-ish. Im kinda fond of BEs because there kind of like da humans o' da horde and they look pretty cool. Heals/tank/DPS? What's your style for DPS - melee or ranged? I <3 Tanking + DPSing. Ive actually never played healz and im very interested in trying it out. Any favorite game mechanics? (DoTs, HoTs, stealth, mana, etc) Stealths cool, but not required. I like holy power and runic power. Hybrid or pure? Does it matter? I prefer hybrid, but not needed Pet or temporary pet or none at all? Does it matter? I dont care. I think i might prefer Temporary pet over the others though. Overall, im NOT INTERESTED in hunters, warriors, rogues, and monks. I AM INTERESTED in Pallys, Shammy, Priest, Druid, or LockDårkbane4 Apr 16, 2013
Apr 16, 2013 (moved the topic to the right place) placed thi in the worng place. I reposted in the right placeYaito5 Apr 16, 2013
Apr 16, 2013 Where to go? Hi, I'm a level 80 Blood Elf, where should I go to quest? ThanksFazeknight2 Apr 16, 2013
Apr 16, 2013 Which Crafting Profession to go with? So I am sorta stuck at which Profession I should choose. I have Mining up to Pandaria Level and now want a Crafting Profession to level up. I want a profession that I can sell some of the Items I make while leveling up on the auction house, would also like to benefit from mining with it. I was thinking of Enchanting, jewelcrafting or Blacksmith. But with any of those can I make a bit of gold selling items on the AH? Looking for a profession that I could start making at least a little bit of profit soon using the Auction House. I do have mining for panadria. Jewel crafter, Engineer, Blacksmith, Echanter, or something else?Delarm5 Apr 16, 2013
Apr 15, 2013 Issues with targeting... When fighting mobs, most of the time when a mob is killed and you press an attack button, it moves the target from the dead mob to the closest mob, whether it is melee or ranged. For some reason, I have to click on the mobs with this hunter and when I kill a mob, the target stays on it and will not automatically switch targets to another one. This issue has been going on for a while and it only affects this toon. I want to start leveling this character too but the manual targeting is getting real old and my DPS is suffering badly in instances due to it. Any suggestions? Thank you.Ressi8 Apr 15, 2013
Apr 15, 2013 Relatively Easy DPS Class Hey all, I'm just coming back from a break of about 7-8 months and want to get back into the swing of things. What's a DPS class/spec that is less reliant upon gear but, is still able to do fairly well on the meters upon reaching 90? I don't really have too much time to play every day so getting high ilvl gear will be pretty tough for me. Thanks in advanced for any opinions and help! Edit to say that this is to find out which class is least gear dependent at max level, leveling is pretty easy for meNawei9 Apr 15, 2013
Apr 15, 2013 warrior blood elf or undead? I like blood elf female warriors i love females characters with huge blades. I also like undead males looks amazing in armor and I don't have the awkwardness explaining to my new wow friends i'm a male. so it's down to this pve or pvp which one is aimed towards each?Sixis5 Apr 15, 2013
Apr 15, 2013 No Coming of Age Quest? Level 13 Draenei Paladin. I've done the starter quests up to Warn your People and now have nothing to do. I've read of a Coming of Age quest, but Exarch Menelaous at Azure Watch won't give it to me. I also seem unable to get any class quests except the very first one. I've tried forcing quests by going to the next character - nothing. I see mention of a Level 10 class quest, but no details. Another site mentions a Level 12 quest to get a Redemption spell. Again - I haven't been offered it. I do have Low Level Quests turned on in my map. What am I doing wrong? thanksHeliaa15 Apr 15, 2013
Apr 15, 2013 Mr Robot Optimize - Extra Socket??? Hello all, When I check the optimize at Mr Robot (http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/usa/skywall/drakco), it says the only thing is to add the Jade Spirit enchant to my main hand, but it also ADDS a second socket and gems it. Where is this socket coming from ? Is it a socket that I can add as a Blacksmith ?Drakco1 Apr 15, 2013
Apr 15, 2013 Trolls vs Orcs What is this about trolls making a army and orcs watching them in orgrimmar i am alliance but i am wondering will trolls come to alliance and 2 new races for horde or is it just trolls taking over orgrimmarHeontley2 Apr 15, 2013
Apr 15, 2013 Having trouble flying level - help! When on the ground, I usually have the camera pitch adjusted so I have a good view of what is around my character. But when get on my flying mount, the pitch is messsed up and I fly down to the ground. I typically adjust the pitch to try to get to level, but I often overshoot. Is there a way to reliably zero out the pitch so I can fly level? I know the pitch can be adjusted, but it is easy to under/over- shoot for level. I have a heck of a time flying exactly level. I'm usually flying slighty downward or slightly upward, and it's annoying. Thanks!Buffydor1 Apr 15, 2013
Apr 15, 2013 Taking the plunge and needing advice Okay, for years I've wanted to give WoW a real try. I created a few characters here and there during the trial over the years but never got above level ten before something else drew me away. With GW2 disappointing me, and having played SWTOR to death and needing a change, I decided to take the plunge and play WoW. Amazon has this deal going on that gives you Cataclysm for free if you purchase the Battlechest, which is only $20. As far as I know that includes everything except Pandaria and I'm expecting it to arrive this Monday. In every other MMO I'm mostly a solo player. I'm pretty sure others have already listed reasons why they're solo players and I was one because of all of them. I played TOR like it was a singleplayer game. I wasn't even in a guild for most of the time I spent playing it. I want to change that with WoW but unfortunately that leaves me in a position where I don't know what to do. I don't know when and where to start looking for a Guild. What is a good level to start looking for a guild? Where do I start looking for one? Do I just ask if any Guilds are recruiting in the chat? I'm in an unfortunate position where none of my friends enjoy MMORPG's, so I always had to go at them alone, which certainly didn't help change my solitary play style. When my game arrives on Monday I'm starting a brand new character and I'd rather break my solitary habit and join a guild and become a lot more social with the community. I do at least know the class I want to play, which is Warlock. Still not sure which race I'd rather choose for him, however. I've done some research on that but still haven't narrowed it down. If anyone can offer some advice it would be appreciated.Auriken9 Apr 15, 2013
Apr 15, 2013 Druid weapon question (newb) I've just started playing and have a druid level 6. She has a two-handed staff... but, from what I can tell, she doesn't use it. It's keeping her from using a shield with some wanted armor. Do any of the stats on a weapon effect her druid hits? Should I just get a one-handed weapon so I can equip the higher-armored shield? Thanks.Druenna3 Apr 15, 2013
Apr 15, 2013 When to stop leveling spec? When should i stop using BM for leveling? Also is BM a good levling spec and what is the best dps spec for high level pve and pvp?Orcc2 Apr 15, 2013
Apr 15, 2013 Thinking about making a WoW Website! Should I I started making a website with great screenshots of every zone in World Of Warcraft, should I finish it? Will lots of people be interested in it? Would you visit it?Stabula9 Apr 15, 2013
Apr 15, 2013 Altoholic add-on This may be the dumbest question of the day. How do you bring up the Altoholic frame? THXSinnfein4 Apr 15, 2013
Apr 14, 2013 Looking for someone to recruit as a friend. Hello im looking for anyone interested in being recruited as a friend, im interested in 2 things getting the mount and second making new friends because everyone i used to play with have stopped playing a long time ago and i am left on my own so having someone to play with would be nice, if you are willing to be recruited as a friend let me know, in game as a veteran (which is the one who recruits as a friend) i can provide you with gold for repairs and other basic stuff, a voice chat server (Teamspeak 3) so we can communicate while lvling, and of course my self so we can both have someone to lvl with =).Sixsler2 Apr 14, 2013
Apr 14, 2013 I can't socket my items? This is my first toon, so I have no idea what i'm doing. Anyways, I was running a dungeon and found some armor that had sockets. I bought the azure, blood, and sun crystals for blue, red, and yellow sockets. But when I try to put them in, it doesn't work. I did the shift-right click thing and the box came up, but when I try putting in the gems, they just come back out. Like I said earlier, I am newish to the game so please use lamest terms on trying to explain, thanks.Narathorn5 Apr 14, 2013
Apr 14, 2013 When will they update SoR? By the title I mean like when will the date be changed? Right now only inactive accounts since 03/04/2012 are eligible to receive a scroll. When will they move this date up? If ever?Ihaterange3 Apr 14, 2013
Apr 14, 2013 A question of ranged class Hello, i have this rogue in sen'jin but i want move to area 52 but the xfer is expensive then i started a new toon ranged class and i tried warlock and mage but they are not for me then started a boomkin (20) and a hunter (20) and im loving both lol. what u say who is more fun at 90 hunter or boomkin? for lfr, 5 man, random bg and no arena i suck in pvp :P. i would like level both to 90 but i dont want play only for dailys. Thanks PS: Sorry my englishSpringsteen6 Apr 14, 2013
Apr 14, 2013 I don't know where to start. I played this game about two years ago. I got up to a lvl 75ish Paladin with a scattering of other characters, the most notable of them being a death knight. I remember my most recent deal was a worgen rogue cause I was getting board of tanking all the time (even though I was pretty good at it). I quit because life got too busy and I just wasn't into the game anymore, but recently I decided I'd pick it up again and I renewed my service today. Here's my problem: I don't know where to start. It's been two years, I don't know what I was doing, I don't remember what I was thinking. The terms 'rotation,' 'tank, dps and healer,' 'pvp, pve' and others ring bells, but not of any real tune. I kinda wanna pick my rogue back up but I remembered it being a rather complicated class. I'd like to pick up my paladin again too, but he's so far advanced along I just don't feel like I know what to do. I don't remember my rotations at all. Anyways, all that to say, I feel a bit overwhelmed and don't know where to start. Plus with MoP having just come out there is a ton of new information on top of all the old stuff I used to know. Help? Edit: I just noticed there is a sticky about this. I thought I had looked through them all but I missed that one. My apologies. I'd still love any new input though. Edit 2: Sticky didn't help at all.Xithic4 Apr 14, 2013
Apr 14, 2013 DMF dailies? I want to get heirlooms using the Dark Moon Fair. I'm a little confused about how to get the tickets - it looks like there are crafting dailies that sens you all over the earth and, well, I'm confused. Could someone spell out (as to a child) what I should do every day? Is it: Get 6 professions to level 75 Pick up daily quests for all six Buy something off the AH Turn in quests Is that it? Are there additional dailies outside of crafting? TY for any advice :)Schmittens3 Apr 14, 2013
Apr 14, 2013 What is a macro/how do they work? I see people talk about macro's every now and then and was wondering what exactly they are and what do they even do? They seem like they would be helpful!Drumgun1 Apr 14, 2013
Apr 14, 2013 Howlingwind Cave bouncing barrels? In Howlingwind Cave there are wooden barrels that are bouncing. They wobble, and move as though there is some small creature inside trying to get out. What are these? Is there a quest?Gymlea1 Apr 14, 2013
Apr 14, 2013 Tips for Running a guild Recently I've kind of inherited a guild. Basically wow friend makes guild, loses interest, makes me GM. I've been thinking of starting a guild for a while now, so it works out. I have a few questions and would love any advice. 1. Tips on recruiting people. As per someone's advice, I've downloaded super guild invite or something. However I've also heard bad things about it and so I haven't used it yet. What's the general consensus about that? So for now my way of getting new members has been hanging out in starter areas, inviting new people. Is this a good way to get more members? 2. I've been starting to plan out the rp theme of the guild. Going with the theme of the name, my idea is a business (run goblin style of course). Are people going to be interested in that? 3. How do I set how much people can withdraw from the guild bank? The guild currently has 3 tabs, will I get more as the guild levels up or do I need to buy more tabs? 4. Any other tips you have are appreciated. :)Kórra5 Apr 14, 2013
Apr 14, 2013 Race and Factions Greetings, I am checking back after not playing for a rather extended period of time. The reason I ceased playing was that the only race I could play was on the horde side, an associate of mine now informs me that more races have been added. If somebody could tell me if there are more new races than the bear-thingy that splendid. Furthermore is there any mechanic by which one might play a race as the faction it is not normally included within. I thank you exceedingly for your assistance.Litial2 Apr 14, 2013
Apr 14, 2013 Do goblins run the AH?? As a new player still trying to come to grips with everything wow, i find the AH to be a somewhat.....capitalistic environment. For instance how can someone sell level 50 odd plate armor with a sell price of 3 gold (as displayed on the item stats) for 2000 gold?? I see this a lot when i check out the AH. I understand that the AH can be used to unload unwanted items, or sell desirable items, and obviously used for profit (im sure we all like to make a bit of coin here and there), but is it a case of buyer beware, or for a more experienced player is 2000 gold for a seemingly standard item not that great a deal?? Just trying to understand :-)Kazoul2 Apr 14, 2013
Apr 14, 2013 returning player looking for guild I have taken a couple month's break from wow due to rl commitment's I will be coming back in the next week or two and am looking for a guild.I'm looking for a guild to do random bg's,rbg's hopefully find a 2's or 3's team and do the challenge mode dngn's I'm not really interested in raiding although I would do alt runs and maybe be a reserve.I will be a very active player when i return and like to play with groups of people I'm familiar with.I try to help guildies when i can.The size or level of the guild doesn't matter much to me.I have a 90 frost dk and 90 prot pala i am going to play the dk will be my main.Kalnak1 Apr 14, 2013
Apr 14, 2013 Looking for a sensei Greetings from the land of inactive accounts! I am currently winding down real life for the summer, I'm a teacher/coach in Yexas, and thinking of firing back up to active on the old WoW account. What I am looking for is a group of folks that are willing to help me grow and offer advice as I try to make the most of my character this time around. I am not locked to any spec or class, but I feel like I have somehow missed the learning curve as a tank or healer since all of the changes have happened. I want to explore each option and fill either of those roles eventually as a regular raider. I dps raided as moonkin on this toon for cata and cleared normal DS as well as a couple heroic kills. From what I have read my current guild, earth and wind on Dalaran, is no more, so I am not opposed to afresh starts say a warrior or priest if any guild leader is looking to groom someone. I am only interested in pve realms, but wouldn't be opposedto learning how to bg/arena as well. If you would like to ask anything of me, or think I might be of help to you feel free to apply. Starting in June I will be available day and night to play and vow to continue through the school year this next time around. Thanks and I hope to hear from you. PS I am not interested in merely a handout of gold or gear and I will not take advantage of your time if you are looking for dedication and expand your ranks please let me knowBalshar2 Apr 14, 2013
Apr 14, 2013 Need Help Picking a New Main So I've come back to WoW with more interest lately, and I've grown exponentially tired of this character. I just don't think Druids & I 'click'. That being said, I'm looking for some advice on what class may be the right one for me. What have you played before? Druid, DK, Hunter, Monk How far did you level it? 90, 61, 75, 62 Describe what you liked and disliked about those classes. Be detailed! Druid: the only thing I really love about this character is healing, it's an aspect of the game I really enjoy. Death Knight: I find the Rune system really confusing for some reason, and can't seem to get the hang of it. Hunter: I enjoyed being a Hunter, but I feel kind of like a one-trick pony for some reason. Also, they're a pretty common class so I'm worried about never being able to get into raids at cap. Monk: I tried monk tanking and hated it, but I leveled as DPS and found it really, really fun until about 50, and then it lost its appeal. With a friend or alone? What's your friend going to be leveling? Solo. Are you leveling via PvE or PvP? Chain-running dungeons? Combination of quests/dungeons. Will you be doing primarily raids/dungeons at level cap (PvE) or knocking the opposing faction in the balls over a flag (PvP)? Both, I'd like to get more into PvP. Will you be multiboxing or just playing a single character? Single character. Race preference? Either for looks or the actual racials (or lore!). Pandas >>> Blood Elves > Goblins > Undead > Trolls = Orcs > Tauren Heals/tank/DPS? What's your style for DPS - melee or ranged? I hate tanking with a passion, I can never get the hang of it and I just don't enjoy it. Like I said, healing is my favourite aspect. I prefer ranged dps over melee. Any favorite game mechanics? (DoTs, HoTs, stealth, mana, etc) DoTs are kind of frustrating, since it doesn't feel like I'm doing any damage. A class with Solid AoE would be a plus. Hybrid or pure? Does it matter? As long as it's competitive DPS, it doesn't really matter to me. Pet or temporary pet or none at all? Does it matter? Doesn't matter Throw in any extra details here: Survivability is a main selling point for me. Come endgame, I'd like to be able to solo old content for achievements/mounts/pets etc. Thanks!Katanja3 Apr 14, 2013
Apr 14, 2013 Lost interest or just the wrong classes? Hi there. I currently have a mage and DK at 90 with several others sitting at 75-85. I don't really raid seriously (no time) so I'm limited to casual guild events like old content raiding, achievements, etc. Problem is, I do not like the other two specs of DK at all (I'm logged on unholy right now...was trying it out and hate it). I just like it to tank and even then it's a rather boring rotation. Unholy was more complex but yielded marginal results for a lot more effort. Mage is..well..mage. Currently most of us are stuck playing frost because arcane isn't very viable and fire is only for those with high gear level for crit. I detest frost but will play it if I have to. Again, frost is an extremely simple rotation just like frost on DK and blood to a lesser degree. Is there actually any class out there at 90 that has an 'interesting' rotation to it? Every single class I see seems to be reliant on procs of spells or abilities. If those don't proc, you use filler moves till they do. Am I wrong in thinking this? I don't have much experience. Warlock, destruction at least, has an ember system that I dislike a lot. Basically boils down to keeping embers up while spamming chaos above a certain % and shadowburn below a certain %. Not really innovative to me. Hunter (marks) is just a series of waiting on procs to kick in. I come to you asking what exciting class is there to play in WoW currently? Is it my wrong selection of classes or is it boredom due to Blizzard's push towards homogenization? I tend to have the most fun leveling a class but once I reach 85, my love for just about any class dies off. Any suggestions on which class you think I would enjoy (non-healer)? How about activities I might enjoy? I wouldn't want to PVP on the mage or the DK. Yes you heard right: no PVP on the mage. Just hate where PVP as gone in this game.Niflhel3 Apr 14, 2013
Apr 14, 2013 Flying Mount Question I just reactivated a couple of days ago, but I just noticed it tonight. When I mount up on a flying mount and press "W" to move forward, I start going higher in the air as well. Is this a new chance? Is there a way to disable it if so, I just want to fly in a straight line without also going higher. Am I making any sense right now? :XRko2 Apr 14, 2013
Apr 14, 2013 RAF LF 2 more to do RAF with starting monday, ill pay for itTitzzilla1 Apr 14, 2013
Apr 14, 2013 Class Help!! IF YOU'RE A VETERAN AND HAVE PLAYED EXTENSIVELY: ---> OR HAVE LEVELED PAST 60 What have you played before? Pally to 70 but that was years ago. Shammy to 60, years ago. Tons of alts in between. Describe what you liked and disliked about those classes. Be detailed! I like healing and tanking classes in general. I like being in control somewhat during an instance. I also like to pvp and at the time I was decent pvping with those classes With a friend or alone? What's your friend going to be leveling? All alone :( Are you leveling via PvE or PvP? Chain-running dungeons? All of the above. Will you be multiboxing or just playing a single character? Single Race preference? Either for looks or the actual racials (or lore!). I like to look good out there. Heals/tank/DPS? What's your style for DPS - melee or ranged? Between tanking and healing, I enjoy healing. I don't mind doing it all. Hybrid or pure? Does it matter? Doesn't matter. Pet or temporary pet or none at all? Does it matter? Does not matter.Slatsz0 Apr 14, 2013
Apr 14, 2013 Is that free 7-day comeback still around? Because it was tempting.Valadryn2 Apr 14, 2013
Apr 14, 2013 Printout of gear???? Is there anyway, either within the game or without to generate a list of what gear a toon is wearing? (and not by laboriously typing one). I have no short term memory (or patience) and find it very frustrating trying to figure out what an upgrade would be. I know that I can compare two pieces of gear to see which is better, but what I would like is a printout of my current gear that I could use whilst looking at, say, the list of all possible things a JC could make for me. ThanksGethyn4 Apr 14, 2013
Apr 14, 2013 Help with a main IF YOU'RE A VETERAN AND HAVE PLAYED EXTENSIVELY: ---> OR HAVE LEVELED PAST 60 •What have you played before? Every class except for a deathknight, hunter and rogue •How far did you level it? My druid is 90, my mage is 85, the rest of them range from levels 10-40 •Describe what you liked and disliked about those classes. Be detailed! I did enjoy the dot's, I enjoyed wielding a huge weapon. With my druid, I only played resto and boomkin..I liked spreading the dots to everyone around and with the warrior I enjoyed carrying a huge sword on my back and running people over. I never really got into a rogue.. but I like the thought of killing someone swiftly and disappearing in the shadows. •With a friend or alone? What's your friend going to be leveling? I am leveling alone •Are you leveling via PvE or PvP? Chain-running dungeons? I am going to level by questing and doing pvp games when it's call to arms •Will you be doing primarily raids/dungeons at level cap (PvE) or knocking the opposing faction in the balls over a flag (PvP)? At the level cap, I play on pvping most of the time •Will you be multiboxing or just playing a single character? no •Race preference? Either for looks or the actual racials (or lore!). I like human, worgen and gnomes •Heals/tank/DPS? What's your style for DPS - melee or ranged? What I enjoy the most is dpsing, the runner-up would be healing, and tanking is so boring to me. I do enjoy being at range..I feel safer, as long as I could kite •Any favorite game mechanics? (DoTs, HoTs, stealth, mana, etc) I don't defer from these either, I enjoy DoTs, I kind of like stealth also. I do not enjoy rage •Hybrid or pure? Does it matter? It doesn't not matter to me •Pet or temporary pet or none at all? Does it matter? This one doesn't matter to me either •Throw in any extra details here: Overall, I am looking for a class that has dps MS. I love fast and powerful damage with lots of numbers flying around on my screen. I don't want to have to depend on a healer to keep myself alive. I LOVE being mobile, moving around. I want to be wanted in pvp groups. I don't want a FoTM class, even if the class you guys help me choose gets nerfed, I want to be good enough to make the class look good. Survivability/defense cooldowns are a must. I want it to take very much skill to play and master. I want to log onto this class every day and know i'll have a fun time. Any suggestions?Icychill2 Apr 14, 2013