New Player Help and Guides

Apr 9, 2013 Embarrassing add-on question. Hello, I logged into the game today for the first time since Wrath of the Lich King. On the curse site for add-ons, I seem to remember there being an "automatic" download option. This would make it automatically go into your add-ons folder. I don't see this anymore. I just downloaded Bartender, and I have no idea where to manually move the file to make the add-on work. Can someone tell me which folder I need to move this add-on into?Sltenrfricai2 Apr 9, 2013
Apr 9, 2013 A Few Questions im trying to find were to purchase 4 wind flying and cloud serpent flying , i went to flying trainers and all they have is the level 80 flying left. Do i need to get level 80 flying to purchase 4 wind and cloud serpent? i just turned level 90 so i am supposed to be bale to get themGreatyoda3 Apr 9, 2013
Apr 9, 2013 Picking 2 new classes Basically I'm going to be leveling up 2 different characters with two different friends. So I'd appreciate some help picking what classes to play. :) Thank you IF YOU'RE A VETERAN AND HAVE PLAYED EXTENSIVELY: ---> OR HAVE LEVELED PAST 60 What have you played before? Hunter, Shaman, Monk, Rogue, DK How far did you level it? In order: 90, 49, 52, 51, 60. Describe what you liked and disliked about those classes. Be detailed! I liked the ranged attacks and pet that a hunter has. I currently really like my shaman who's the one I'm really focusing on leveling up on my own right now. I love going melee for pve and being a healer. Same idea for the monk, though for some reason I think I enjoy my shaman more than my monk. /shrug Love rogue's stealth. I kinda lost interest with the Dk after the starter area. With a friend or alone? What's your friend going to be leveling? Like I said friend. Both friends will most likely play hunters. Are you leveling via PvE or PvP? Chain-running dungeons? With one friend I will being doing strictly questing. With the other friend, a mix of questing and dungeons. Will you be doing primarily raids/dungeons at level cap (PvE) or knocking the opposing faction in the balls over a flag (PvP)? PvE Will you be multiboxing or just playing a single character? single Race preference? Either for looks or the actual racials (or lore!). One friend with only play night elf or human. Other friend wants to play worgen or forsaken. Heals/tank/DPS? What's your style for DPS - melee or ranged? Okay if this makes any sense: for the friend I'll be doing only questing with, I'd like to have at least 1 healing spell, but it doesn't matter that much. For the friend that I'll be doing dungeons and pve with, I'd like the class to have a healing spec. I prefer melee, but perhaps it's time I tried a casting class. Any favorite game mechanics? (DoTs, HoTs, stealth, mana, etc) I like stealth and doing burst damage more than DoT. Hybrid or pure? Does it matter? Doesn't matter to me. Pet or temporary pet or none at all? Does it matter? Doesn't matter Throw in any extra details here: As I was typing this, I realized I'm strongly leaning druid for 1 toon. I feel like I never gave the class a fair chance. Other classes I have interest in: warlock, priest, paladin. Sorry if my writing is a bit confusing.Drusilla1 Apr 9, 2013
Apr 9, 2013 What toon to level to 50 this spring break? I have this priest that im rolling right now goin through dungeons and goin through quests and such. But the downfall is im not enjoying it very well. All im doing is spellcasting and healing ..."well no shat your a priest" ya ya i know wasnt thinking when i chose it. Well im looking for a good toon to role as a Damage dealing, dps, melee, or ranged, just no spellcasters. One that is a good pvper and can switch to PvE at anytime as well. SO basically a well rounded toon. DK's unavailble since i cant even get a toon past level 50. Thanks in advance to any help <3Quido22 Apr 9, 2013
Apr 8, 2013 already 90, do I need to finish all quests? I'm already 90 now and still have quests for dread wastes. Do I need to finish them? Is there any guide where to start or how to start? I really don't know what to now at 90.Healinspree5 Apr 8, 2013
Apr 8, 2013 How do I get there? Apologies for any infringements, but I searched and did not find a previous question or answer to what I am looking for. I'm new, only been playing for a couple of days (free version, but upgrade is pending pmt.) I ventured out of my comfort zone in Azuremyst (spelling?) and came across a quest that requires me to go somewhere that seems impossible. I need to meet with someone in Stormwind, which is in Elwynn Forest of the North Islands...way across the world. How on earth do I get there? Sorry if this is a Noob-type question, but hey- after all I am one. Thanks for any help and good luck on your ventures.Liliaceae4 Apr 8, 2013
Apr 8, 2013 Not exactly a n00b... I have reactivated my account after about a year of inactivity, but before this month I had only played one month of TBC and two months of Cataclysm. So to many of you that would make me a noob however I do know how the basic mechanics of the game work. The thing is whenever I go into a dungeon (I have a level 22 Warlock and some other characters as well) I consistently do the worst damage in my group, or If I am healing there are times when we wipe in Deadmines. It is not because I am not paying attention. I am doing what I honestly think is the right decision, but 99% of the time it doesn't work or do very much at all. So can anyone point me in the direction of a forum post or other website that helps me out? Thanks in advance.Zeona4 Apr 8, 2013
Apr 8, 2013 The best PvP realm with good guilds Hello everyone, I'm moving from Europe to Mississauga in Canada soon. I'm very experienced PvE player so I look for a good guilds on PvP realms (PvP because kill some players in-game when questing xD). I played Horde all the time so I got bored. I want to play on Alliance side but with some players on the horde side I mean I don't want 90% alliance population on the server. I picked Frostmourne but the time isn't good for me. For example it is 8:23 in Mississauga but on Frostmourne it is 10:23. As I see time in Mississauga is EDT. So what are EDT PvP servers with good PvE guilds with 1/0.50+ for alliance population? Cheers, Hado.Hadorick2 Apr 8, 2013
Apr 8, 2013 Questionnaire for a main IF YOU'RE A VETERAN AND HAVE PLAYED EXTENSIVELY: ---> OR HAVE LEVELED PAST 60 •What have you played before? Every class except for a deathknight and rogue •How far did you level it? My druid is 90, my mage is 85, the rest of them range from levels 10-40 •Describe what you liked and disliked about those classes. Be detailed! I did enjoy the dot's, I enjoyed wielding a huge weapon. With my druid, I only played resto and boomkin..I liked spreading the dots to everyone around and with the warrior I enjoyed carrying a huge sword on my back and running people over. I never really got into a rogue.. but I like the thought of killing someone swiftly and disappearing in the shadows. •With a friend or alone? What's your friend going to be leveling? I am leveling alone •Are you leveling via PvE or PvP? Chain-running dungeons? I am going to level by questing and doing pvp games when it's call to arms •Will you be doing primarily raids/dungeons at level cap (PvE) or knocking the opposing faction in the balls over a flag (PvP)? At the level cap, I play on pvping most of the time •Will you be multiboxing or just playing a single character? no •Race preference? Either for looks or the actual racials (or lore!). I like human, worgen and gnomes •Heals/tank/DPS? What's your style for DPS - melee or ranged? What I enjoy the most is dpsing, the runner-up would be healing, and tanking is so boring to me. I do not prefer one over the other when it comes to ranged or melee •Any favorite game mechanics? (DoTs, HoTs, stealth, mana, etc) I don't defer from these either, I enjoy DoTs, I kind of like stealth also. I do not enjoy rage •Hybrid or pure? Does it matter? It doesn't not matter to me •Pet or temporary pet or none at all? Does it matter? This one doesn't matter to me either •Throw in any extra details here: Overall, I am looking for a class that has dps MS. I love fast and powerful damage with lots of numbers flying around on my screen. I don't want to have to depend on a healer to keep myself alive. I LOVE being mobile, moving around. I want to be wanted in pvp groups. I don't want a FoTM class, even if the class you guys help me choose gets nerfed, I want to be good enough to make the class look good. Survivability/defense cooldowns are a must. I want it to take very much skill to play and master. I want to log onto this class every day and know i'll have a fun time. Any suggestions?Anonymage4 Apr 8, 2013
Apr 8, 2013 catching crayfish daily quest I must be doing something wrong. On the Ironforge daily fish quest there are two parts. First go to the lake and use yourself as bait. I do that and my quest log says 1/1 complete. However, when I go to the cook, his question mark is not yellow, and my quest log says 0/1 complete for delivering the crayfish. I have gone back to the lake, but see no crayfish. Any help greately appreciated. THXBryanbaroo3 Apr 8, 2013
Apr 7, 2013 Justice to Honor question When you exchange honor with justice points, does that contribute to the 7250 points required to purchase weapons?Cazz4 Apr 7, 2013
Apr 7, 2013 Need some help with Operation: Shieldwall I'm trying to do the Operation Shieldwall quests and am not sure where to go next. It says I completed the Lion's Landing part. Then I got a quest to do the scenario, A little patience. I completed that uest and am now not sure what to do. I can do some dailys for them in a mine, but those aren't advancing the storyline. Where should I go now? Thank youDrusilla7 Apr 7, 2013
Apr 7, 2013 In dire need of cross realm gold trading. Hi, on my alliance Dk on Korgath I have 4000 gold that I wish to trade to a character of mine that is Horde on Mal'Ganis. If there is someone who can help with these transactions I would very much appreciate it.Abelas8 Apr 7, 2013
Apr 7, 2013 Game question. My main account is frozen from payment since I stopped playing, I have a girlfriend who is interested in playing WoW and when I bought SCII HotS I got free trials and asked her to play it with me and she really likes it. I currently have Cataclysm but I would need a time card. My question is this though, if I have Cata, and she only buys the original and Burning Crusade can we still play together to level 70? Or would she need all the expansions?Dozing4 Apr 7, 2013
Apr 7, 2013 Dark Strand Fanatic Hey guys, I want to ask where the Dark Strand Fanatic is because I want to loot the Prospector's Cloak for transmogrification. But when I went to the place where the Wowhead said they were, they weren't, instead, Forsaken Looter was there... Why is that? Please tell me where in the World they are... Thank you! - SabøtagedSabøtaged2 Apr 7, 2013
Apr 7, 2013 [Choose A Class] WoW noobcan't choose a class What have you played before? Rogue, Paladin, Hunter How far did you level it? Rogue-53 Pally- 24 Hunter- 14 Describe what you liked and disliked about those classes. Be detailed! I like seeing big big numbers. A rogue and pally did that for me. THe hunter id didnt really enjoy because in pvp and in pve i couldnt kill that well and i kept dying alot. With a friend or alone? What's your friend going to be leveling? Alone by myself Are you leveling via PvE or PvP? Chain-running dungeons? I dont know. i want to pvp really bad but idk what level to start. Will you be doing primarily raids/dungeons at level cap (PvE) or knocking the opposing faction in the balls over a flag (PvP)? Rated Battlegrounds and Arena at 90. Will you be multiboxing or just playing a single character? Just the single character. Race preference? Either for looks or the actual racials (or lore!). Race is mostly irrelevant. Class is what matters. Heals/tank/DPS? What's your style for DPS - melee or ranged? Melee dps is most fun for me. But i think i want this one to be ranged dps. Melee is getting boring to me. (If only i had MOP i would be a monk ;c)Targete18 Apr 7, 2013
Apr 7, 2013 Starting with Tushui Pandaren How do I get introduced to the Tushui faction? I've done about 20 quests in the Jade Forest, and I've spoken to Aysa in Stormwind, and I bought their tabard and ran a few dungeons with it. But since the faction doesn't yet appear in my list, I can't earn any reputation.Thenia3 Apr 7, 2013
Apr 7, 2013 A New Class (Trial Accounts) So recently with all the changes in 5.2, the level 20-24 bracket would seem to be really intense for those players without heirlooms. Thing is, even without Heirlooms you can still top the best trial players out there! Here's how a few observations from my time of Pvping can help you new players that want a class that can help you out and have fun learning to play it: Classes: Druids (Balance/Resto) - Ever since Cata Feral druids have given the druid meaning. However since MoP released damage from feral seems lower than usual. I recommend Balance for dps because once you hit those DoTs up it would be the perfect time to start Spamming Starfire for massive damage. Restoration is pretty fun aswell, but since its a healing spec theres barely enough damage to please you. However, healing as a restoration druid would make you fall in love with druids even more. Non-stop 1k+ heal crits and the HoTs can make lvl 30s have a hard time downing you (And makes people a little mad :D ). Warriors (Protection) - Arms and Fury are pretty fun specs to choose at level 20 but if you really want to see some intense damage. Spec Protection! Why? Well Protection warriors have been buffed alot and it means so much to low levels. Shield Slam will have you hitting players from 800-1k+ damage (Depending on Crit Chance). Paladins (Protection/Holy) - Protection and Holy Paladins have always been the best. Retribution may seem OP at higher levels but it really took an effect on lower levels :(. Ret Paladins damage have been extremely decreased at level 20. Protection Avenger Shield are now hitting like trucks, plus the healing for Protection Paladins have been increased so easy survivability ! Holy Paladins as always have strong heals. Their heals are so strong that not even 6 lvl 20s could be able to down you (Depending on CCs like Silence Stuns Fear etc.) Hunters (Beast Mastery) - Beast Mastery. What can I say except for the pet doing the most work. Intimidation and Kill Command have never been an overpower combination at level 20 till now. Since pets carry beast mastery hunters in damage it could be really easy to see that you would have atleast 15+ kills each Battleground you enter. To me these 4 classes are very strong classes ever since MoP released. But this post here wont let me stop you on picking your own class to have fun with and learn more about. These are just recommendations but the point of World of Warcraft is to have fun, play and explore. Hope these recommendations of these 4 major classes help you out in future PvP! Hope to see you soon in game :).Drooboyy6 Apr 7, 2013
Apr 7, 2013 The AH? Hey guys, is there a place on this website or a fansite that allows a player to check the current price of items so I can put a reasonable price on things? I've been told to just browse for it and undercut it so it'll sell faster but I have a couple items that I've never been able to sell which leaves me to believe that *i guess* the other people don't know how to price their items either and thus no one buys. Also, when I put stuff on the AH, does it display to other people across ALL servers or just mine? My buddy said it's only my server but he didn't know either.Bullanoid5 Apr 7, 2013
Apr 7, 2013 shape sifted. Now what I got shape shifted while egg hunting. How do I get my normal shape back? Of course, if I had known what "Spring Collectors" really were, I wouldn't have wasted my time in the first place. I guess its just not PC to call them Easter Eggs anymore.Sinnfein4 Apr 7, 2013
Apr 6, 2013 (girl) player SO i just started WOW because one of my friends plays it and i though it looked interesting, but i have no idea what to do on it. Horde or alliance, race?, class???? I have no idea, oh ya and server. Also what should i not do starting this game?Jenile35 Apr 6, 2013
Apr 6, 2013 Cant decide race/class What have you played before? Human Pally, Human Lock, Troll Hunter How far did you level it? 75 (pally), 46 (lock), 64 (hunter) Describe what you liked and disliked about those classes. Be detailed! Pally: I really loved being up in peoples faces and still being able to heal. I used him for tanking Warlock: It was awesome seeing the vareity in the lock's spells. Being able to attack from a distance is cool too. Hunter: Hunters seem to be AMAZING at leveling solo. Perfect for me. With a friend or alone? What's your friend going to be leveling? Forever Alone. T_T Are you leveling via PvE or PvP? Chain-running dungeons? I usually always lvl via PvE. However on my lock i completely leveled soley by PvP. So i will be doing a mix of Pve and PvP. Will you be doing primarily raids/dungeons at level cap (PvE) or knocking the opposing faction in the balls over a flag (PvP)? Both. I am very interested in raiding but i want to PvP too. Will you be multiboxing or just playing a single character? Single. Race preference? Either for looks or the actual racials (or lore!). Meh. Definitly not gnome, draenei, undead, or troll. That leaves human, night elf, dwarf, orc, tauren, and blood elf. Heals/tank/DPS? What's your style for DPS - melee or ranged? Tanking is cool. I like DPSing. NO HEALING. I think i like ranged dps better. Any favorite game mechanics? (DoTs, HoTs, stealth, mana, etc) Well, I like stealth, so that would be Rogue or Hunter, but i dont care that much. Hybrid or pure? Does it matter? Dosent matter. Pet or temporary pet or none at all? Does it matter? I prefer a pet but not needed. Throw in any extra details here: I am thinking of leveling a blood elf hunter. I really dont want a human that much as there are many other interesting races. I am slightly mad at myself that i chose to make a human lock. Also, I prefer horde.Dårkbane2 Apr 6, 2013
Apr 6, 2013 What's there to do? Hey everyone, my wife and I just started playing WoW and we really like it so far. As you can see, I'm already a level 43 Pally with several other 'tried and failed' characters or I guess "toons" as you WoW guys call it. I've really started to get a hang of the game for what I know of it and I think I've made leaps compared to my wife, what with 200G in my first 5 days? I mean, it's probably laughable to some of you guys but I think it's pretty good from someone starting out from scratch and Google'in everything. Haha... Since I looked around and got advise from some of my friends who have played this game, it's good to start out with a character that farms raw materials so my professions are mining and Herbalism. As stated above, it's been 5 days or so and I have 220+ level in both of those professions. I have to wait until I hit around 50 Combat or so to start mining again but I just finished up getting 285 with Herbalism and going to be heading to other parts of the map tomorrow to keep farming and gaining levels. Other than that, I've been doing dungeons like mad, looking at the dungeon journal to see what loot I can pull for my Paladin (Retribution and Protection) but that leaves me to what my title asks. WHAT ELSE IS THERE TO DO? Any advise and I guess starter tips for any suggestions you all may have for a BRAND NEW player? Thanks guys, this really is a fun game and hopefully my wife and I can find this to be a real interesting investment...Bullanoid16 Apr 6, 2013
Apr 6, 2013 *Choose A Class Survey* Help! Do you want to have a permanent pet? Is a temporary one okay with you? Or does it not matter if you have a pet? -Pet's don't matter much to me. If anything they're a bit annoying because they're usually in the way on my screen. If one does damage I guess I can deal with it but I would preferably NOT have one. Are you partial to cloth wearers or do you want a little more bulk in your armor? -I want huge big buff plate armor. I love it sosososo much :) What have you played in other games before? Maybe you played a caster in another game and liked it, or have a fondness for barbarians/warriors. WoW might have a rough equivalent for you! -I came to this online game from RuneScape and if I was doing combat at all it was going to be Melee. (Warrior type equipment). I played Skyrim for a while (90+ hours logged) and I played as more of a sneaky type character, with bows and daggers. Sneaking up and killing opponents quick and easy. It was fun in the beginning but as I got more into it, it became boring. Especially whenever the enemy got close and I could not defend myself. More likely than not I like barbarian/warrior type classes more than anything. Do you want to be able to heal yourself and others, or are you okay with lacking those spells? -I wouldn't mind having one or two healing spells for myself, I quite like them actually. Just gives me a sense of knowing I'm safe. Healing others however seems to be a nuisance to me. I don't like it whatsoever. I could survive easily lacking those spells but it's better safe than sorry. cx Which is your preference: attacking enemies from a distance or being up in their faces? -I'm playing a mage right now and it's my first character on my own account. It was fun getting enemies at a distance at first but now that the spells can't do a whole lot of damage on enemies anymore and they actually are able to attack me, it isn't really much fun. Mages are confusing with the specializations I can use. I'm on frost atm but I would probably like fire better. Just because I'm a pyromaniac. XD I don't know what arcane is but it sounds like it's pretty cool. *ANSWER* being up in their faces *ANSWER* most definitely. Are you the sneaky type or do you take pleasure ripping out internal organs as a greeting right off the bat? -I LOVE the 2nd option. Ripping out internal organs as a greeting; sounds so fun. I love blood and gore. Do you want to be on the front lines with a shield or watching over your group to keep them safe? -The front lines with a shield. Watching over them and keeping them safe sounds boring. I want to be in the middle of it. Will you be leveling with a friend or mostly on your own? If you're doing it with a friend, what are they planning to level, or have they not decided yet? -By myself. Nobody I know plays, again I come from runescape. (WoW's #1 enemy apparently) I have a hard time making friends so yea. =\ Have you read about classes at all yet? If so, what stands out as interesting to you? Have you tried any classes already? -I haven't read much. I just went with mage because it kinda stood out to me. One of the MAIN classes on most games. I was just more familiar with it. Warrior and Paladin stands out to me. I like warrior because it seems like just a big buff mother f*cker! You could mess stuff up with it. I like Paladin because it looks big and strong but can also heal, which is a big bonus to me. :) Are you interested in the lore or story of Warcraft? Some classes have a lot of easily-absorbed lore while others are a little "less detailed" in their history. -It seems pretty cool. A little confusing but pretty cool. Interested in roleplaying at all? This goes with the previous question, but some races/classes are easier to roleplay as a newbie than others (with lots of history to adhere to). -I think it would be kind of fun to do! I don't really know how exactly to do it, I might mess up but who knows. I'm probably going to be on a normal server. Do any of the races stick out to you as being attractive? Not every race can be every class, so if you have an early favorite (or if you really dislike one in particular) this can narrow things down. -I think Blood Elves are sexy af'! They're the prettyful characters of the game I'm guessing? Undead look awesome in terms of... just being cool looking? Nomsayin? Haha! I will NEVER play a Draenei. Humans annoy me simply because people have all these choices unlike other games, and they choose human. I don't know, I probably will never be playing one. Worgens/Warewolves aren't my thing. Anything else is fine to be honest.Drumgun9 Apr 6, 2013
Apr 6, 2013 Problem getting quests Total noob problem here, but I am having trouble getting quests. I am currently playing a level 43 night elf rogue in Thousand Islands, and while loremaster (and the mini-map) show quest givers (i.e, yellow exclamation points), when I go to talk those people, they either are non-clickable or I get the chat bubble, and they say something inane but don't give a quest. What am I doing wrong? (I swam to Thousand Islands, fwiw, as I couldn't get a quest to get me here. I have been doing all the quests I have been given at earlier levels, but often seem to run out without getting the "bread crumb" quests that I've read about.) Why would the yellow exclamation points show up on the map when I can't talk to any of the people associated with them? And, more important, how do I actually get quests in TI -- I'm in the right level range, so I am very confused. Thanks in advance for any help offered.Liandane6 Apr 6, 2013
Apr 6, 2013 Warrior PVP Spec lv. 20-24 Hey guys, I want to know which spec is best for warrior this level. I'm a Protection warrior but started of as an Arms… So I somehow chose Thaelrid's Greaves instead of Shield Against the Evil Presence!=( Yeah, so Protection warrior ( Without Shield Against the Evil Presence), and Arms warrior… Which is better for PVP? BTW, how can I get Foreman's Leggings? I'm sorry for all the confusion! - SabøtagedSabøtaged2 Apr 6, 2013
Apr 6, 2013 Sticky for a main IF YOU'RE A VETERAN AND HAVE PLAYED EXTENSIVELY: ---> OR HAVE LEVELED PAST 60 •What have you played before? Every class except for a deathknight and rogue •How far did you level it? My druid is 90, my warrior is 85, the rest of them range from level 10-40 •Describe what you liked and disliked about those classes. Be detailed! I did enjoy the dot's, I enjoyed wielding a huge weapon. With my druid, I only played resto and boomkin..I liked spreading the dots to everyone around and with the warrior I enjoyed carrying a huge sword on my back and running people over •With a friend or alone? What's your friend going to be leveling? I am leveling alone •Are you leveling via PvE or PvP? Chain-running dungeons? I am going to level by questing and doing pvp games when it's call to arms •Will you be doing primarily raids/dungeons at level cap (PvE) or knocking the opposing faction in the balls over a flag (PvP)? At the level cap, I play on pvping most of the time •Will you be multiboxing or just playing a single character? no •Race preference? Either for looks or the actual racials (or lore!). I like human, worgen and gnomes •Heals/tank/DPS? What's your style for DPS - melee or ranged? What I enjoy the most is dpsing, the runner-up would be healing, and tanking is so boring to me. I do no prefer one over the other when it comes to ranged or melee •Any favorite game mechanics? (DoTs, HoTs, stealth, mana, etc) I don't defer from these either, I enjoy DoTs, I kind of like stealth also. I do not enjoy rage •Hybrid or pure? Does it matter? It doesn't not matter to me •Pet or temporary pet or none at all? Does it matter? This one doesn't matter to me either •Throw in any extra details here: Overall, I am looking for a class that has dps MS. I love fast and powerful damage with lots of numbers flying around on my screen. I don't want to have to depend on a healer to keep myself alive. I LOVE being mobile, moving around. I want to be wanted in pvp groups. I don't want a FoTM class, even if the class you guys help me choose gets nerfed, I want to be good enough to make the class look good. Survivability/defense cooldowns are a must. I want it to take very much skill to play and master. I want to log onto this class every day and know i'll have a fun time. Any suggestions?Lifebloõm6 Apr 6, 2013
Apr 6, 2013 leveling- pvp vs dungeons/questing which has better results and will result in a lasting replay value etc? just wondering, thnxsParthanux6 Apr 6, 2013
Apr 6, 2013 Some questions on Shamans... I know Shamans wear leather until 40 and then wear mail, but when your an elemental Shaman are you supposed to use a weapon and shield or staff? Also what stats do Elemental Shamans use, Intellect? If so, the best gear would be the one with the highest intellect am I right?Faledian4 Apr 6, 2013
Apr 5, 2013 Best way to get rep with Night elves? I will soon be hitting 60 on my hunter, think it would be fun to get a fun mount from another race. (Already have human mounts on my account). I understand I need rep to get mount from another race. What's the best way so I can get a Night Elf mount? Do I just do quests, and does it matter where? I don't want to bother with Dolanaar if it doesn't do any good. Will I get my goal if I quest in Winterspring or Moonglade? Also, would I find this easier once I get flying and can fly around?Buffydor6 Apr 5, 2013
Apr 5, 2013 Game gets boring to fast. I have this problem where I roll a character... and I love it a lot. In fact I love it so much I play almost nonstop, whenever I'm not working, and the by the mid-30s to mid-40s I have played this toon so much I can't stand to look at it for one more second. I love WoW but for some reason I can not level past level 45. Does this happen to anyone else? If so how have you, if you have, been able to get over this? Is it just me not rolling the character I truly love playing, or is the mid-game content just boring for everyone? One thing I just realized as I was typing this is that dungeons throw me off because I will level up once or twice in a dungeon, and then come out and find all my other quest EXTREMELY easy. Well that's my problem. Sorry for the rambling, any help would be nice, and thank you in advance. P.S. If this is in the wrong section just tell me and I'll post it in General Discussion.Uxar20 Apr 5, 2013
Apr 5, 2013 How do I get Tabard of the Argent Crusade? Hey guys, I want to know how I can get to the Tabard of the Argent Crusade seller WITHOUT learning flying... Thank you so much! - SabøtagedSabøtaged16 Apr 5, 2013
Apr 5, 2013 Outside Orgrimmar, Thunder Blade realm Outside the back gate, there are two quests I need to turn in. But there are these raiders that dont stop spawning, and because the npc's are always in combat, I cant continue my game. Can even fight the ancient guy for some reason, probably related to the glitch. I'm going to bed, hopefully in the morning this will be resolved.Grumblepuss2 Apr 5, 2013
Apr 5, 2013 Fishing/Cooking stalled at 300/275 help! I was doing OK with fishing and cooking, but it's rather stalled now. Fishing is at 300, Cooking at about 275. My only orange recipe is for Large Mightfish. I've only managed to catch 3 of those while fishing some in Swamp of Sorrows/Pool of Tears/Blasted Lands. The next cooking recipe available from the trainer in Goldshire is quite aways off. Want to know how the game is designed/how I'm supposed to be proceeding from here. I could go kill a bunch of bear for Bear Flank, I still have a yellow recipe for that. But I fear that would turn green soon. I have some yellow recipes for some fish, should I just grind fishing in Blasted Lands (currently in Surwich, Blased Lands). Is this happening because I'm near the end of the original game? ANy comments appreciated.Buffydor9 Apr 5, 2013
Apr 5, 2013 Strange LFR Question.. I don't LFR. Or at least, I never used to. I never followed how things lock or unlock or whatever... but I'm just now starting to as all promise of normal raiding with my guild has gone down the drain. So I'm wondering, why does it appear that I only have access to three bosses of mogushan vaults? Have they locked half the bosses because I'm late to the chase? Are people just skipping them? I know it's pretty much a stupid question, but yeah. Thanks. :)Khria5 Apr 5, 2013
Apr 5, 2013 Xmogs and Enchants If I get a weapon, and apply a desired enchant to it, then use said weapon xmog'd over my 'normal' weapon, will it also take on the original weapon's enchantment appearance? Namely, I want to take the Draenic Wildstaff and enchant it with (I forgot the name of the enchantment, I'll find it later, I know my enchanter knows it though), then xmog it over whatever staff I happen to be using in the future.Marshflower4 Apr 5, 2013
Apr 5, 2013 Is it worth farming eggs to sell the mount? I already got a mount, and was wondering if it would be worth getting another one and selling it on the AH. It took me about 2 hours to get enough eggs for the Swift Springstrider. Once Noblegarden ends and the supply dries up, how much could I probably sell the mount for?Buffydor6 Apr 5, 2013
Apr 5, 2013 Hey, I'm a new player (Lvl 10 Hunter) Hey, I'm a new player and this is my first account. In total I got 50 gold pieces because people gave me some money. I don't know what to do with it though. Should I use it on a gun or something? I'm a BM hunter. I pressed BM by accident lmfao... I wanted to be a survival Hunter. Anyways, I can't afford to change it but I just want to know if BM hunters are good. What are they good at and what can they do?Deternity14 Apr 5, 2013
Apr 5, 2013 Nerf Resurection sickness for my sanity Ok this is not a QQ thread about something that is trivial and meaningless. Nor is it about myself. I have a friend (seriously, i really do) And i am trying to teach this person the ropes of this game so i level a toon with this person and the experience is less than enjoyable but we were all noobs at 1 point. This friend has no concept for games and what is what. What i a season player takes for granted, it takes this person ages to grasp. But This is my buddy and i will be a friend and help out. so we level up and play more and more. but when ever he can not find an entrance to a instance cause he died and can not be rezzed he gets frustrated and uses Resurrection from the spirit lady and gets Resurrection sickness. Then he gets debuff and tries to find his way to instance which takes him FOR EVER!!! he will some how manage to get into combat on way in and die again. Rinse and repeat. normally he can defeat a single mob but with 75% to stats and another 75% nerf to damage this unskilled player has no chance and he will end up taking 20 min to run back. Please help me with advice i want to help my friend but i am going nuts doing soo.Shinii7 Apr 5, 2013
Apr 5, 2013 How many is enough? So I've been playing World of Warcraft on and off since summer and have only had one character at a time, well about three days ago I decided I will make a warlock (which I did). So, I was questing through the Eastern Kingdoms and then I started to get quest with Worgen and I was thinking "Hey, maybe I should play a Worgen!" So I started doing the fight in my mind of three characters are too many for a on/off casual player and it would be weird having a Alliance character and two Horde. So, I finally decided to come to the forums where I know I would get good advice or a decent answer(which is basically the same thing, but whatever I digress). SO the point should I roll a Worgen, given the circumstances?Behemawth14 Apr 5, 2013
Apr 5, 2013 Mounts On my lv.90 warr., I have the traveler's tundra mammoth and the crimson deathcharger. Would my starter edition alt. be able to mount these mounts once he got apprentice riding at lv20?Gengkiskan4 Apr 5, 2013
Apr 4, 2013 Leveling 88-90 Would it be possible to level from 88-90 healing in dungeons? Also is it necessary to do dailies at 90 cause i am going holy and having two sets of gears is really something i dont like doing? My goal is to just get into lfr and go from there.Azuramoon2 Apr 4, 2013
Apr 4, 2013 Can you still get the free week? Hey heard there was a free week thing going on, and was wondering how you can redeem it?Sekahn1 Apr 4, 2013
Apr 4, 2013 looking for companion/friend i'm just looking for a bro to play with we can make a alt i'm on the realm vashj i can play on a dif realm if you want i have skype my skype is happydragon444.Happydragon4 Apr 4, 2013
Apr 4, 2013 tanking questions ok ive always been a dps and healer when i played threw Linch King , so ive been gone for a while so ive decided when i cam back to try out tank. now i started with fury and i was able to duel wield but i decided to go tank skill tree and now i cant duel. so my question is can only duel wield if your fury or can you duel wield as a tankDarktyphoon2 Apr 4, 2013
Apr 4, 2013 hello ok while im waiting for my account to be updated this is like the only place i can post and talk to people....SMH. but any way im oldschool player quit playing after linch king. im looking for a Guild in Dark Iron that is PVP, dungeons, raids, and end game progression. i was an exsperence lock trying out tanking now. East cost is preferred. msg me on here or in gameDarktyphoon2 Apr 4, 2013
Apr 4, 2013 Help with main I'm not new to the game, but I am new to every class besides this druid. This is the only character I've ever played and it feels like a wife you want to divorce..but you keep going back to her haha. Anyway, I'm trying to get away and I wanna play a different class mainly focusing on damage dealing in pvp. Here is what I enjoy: -dots that I can put on a bunch of people -having good survivability...or depending on a healer to keep me up in pvp -I kind of would like to have a huge sword and when I upgrade it see my damage sky rocket -usually I like to hangout at range, unless I wanna tear it up in melee range -I want to be wanted in pvp groups..such as 3's and RBG's -I want the class to take skill to play and master, but be worth it -I want this class to be my main ill log onto for as long as I play This sound like any class?Lifebloõm2 Apr 4, 2013
Apr 4, 2013 help well untill my acount gets upgraded this is the only place i can post.....SMH but anyway im trying to find a trainer for my mount . i went to UC to and talk to stable and my class traing and neather one with give me the skill what do i need to do please helpDarktyphoon6 Apr 4, 2013
Apr 4, 2013 Question about Damage Dealers. So, as long as I've played Warcraft, I've always played a healer. I like filling that role, but most importantly, it was always easy to group. Even before Queueing up and such, was never hard to find a group. Now my game is evolved. I play most of the time, in a 2 person group inside of my guild. Me and my best friend, who plays an ele/resto shaman do most heroics together. I always go heals, and he always goes damage, when he goes heals, I don't have a damage spec to go to. One of the main things that has kept me from playing a damage character is I feel as if it will limit my gameplay. I don't like waiting 15 minutes in queues, I feel like I will have a hard time finding an LFR group, or getting gear once I am in one, and second, I feel as I'll be letting my buddy down if I'm not there to heal him while we pvp. Is it really as bad as I think being a duo/solo damage character, or is my fear completely unfounded?Shiwa5 Apr 4, 2013
Apr 4, 2013 halp! toon delete and/or renaming another i did a couple searches on this and i understand that if i name change a toon the original name is locked for 90 days. got it. i also know from experience if i delete a toon that i can create another toon with that same name instantly. got it. so ... can i delete toon_a and then submit a ticket to rename toon_b to toon_a's name? seems plausible but who knows. thx info.Iksar3 Apr 4, 2013