New Player Help and Guides

Apr 20, 2013 Offer for 7 days that expired 17 days ago Hello i was checking my email i noticed i got an email saying that i was eligible for the free game time that came with the new thunder king patch.....only to see at the bottom of it it expired 17 days ago.....i just wanna know if this is a fake email or if it really was just sent lateAndrewthelok2 Apr 20, 2013
Apr 20, 2013 Aspect of the Cheetah question I just started playing WOW back in December and I have been mostly playing my hunter and i really like it. I have been experimenting with glyphs and recently got the minor glyph 'Aspect of the Cheetah'. I don't know if that was when it started, but when I have the Aspect of the Cheetah turned on and I am in combat, the aspect is turned off sometimes. I have to continually reset the aspect. I like the Cheetah Aspect when i'm questing for the speed, but i use Aspect of the Hawk pretty much all the rest of the time. I never have issues with that one so i'm thinking it is with this minor glyph. Am i missing something? Thanks in advance.Zarinya4 Apr 20, 2013
Apr 20, 2013 Interested in the Loremaster title? Hótaru -- This forum is to help new players with questions & concerns about the game, not recruitment. The best place to do this would be on your realm forum. Thanks you. Thread locked.Hótaru8 Apr 20, 2013
Apr 20, 2013 How to Find a Guild? Can't find Guild lookup Or do I need to quit the one I'm in first. I started with a trial and after I subbed I got a couple of invites that expired as I was researching who they were. Anyway at that time somewhere on the chat screen or action bar I pulled up all the guilds. That is either not available since I joined a guild or I can't remember how I did it earlier. Apparently the guild was formed by someone just starting. I joined it somewhere between levels 10-12 and I just reached 18. The GM last I checked is at level 6 or 7, the guild is stuck at level 6 and has been for the last week and nothing is going on. The most I remember being online at one time has been 5 out of 35-40. I have tried to initiate a conversation and didn't get a reply even when we were both in red? mountains. I wanted to join a guild for the friends as much as anything. I am in the tailor and enchant professions and thought that maybe using the guild I could level up and provide a higher end gear for members. A win-win for everyone. Maybe not. I wanted to be a member in a group of 8-10 that's in the guild and as a group do some quests, dungeons and some events.That is not happening at the moment and is not likely to. Several times I have joined with a guy or two in a battle (quest) doing healing and killing my share of monsters but besides a few quick chats on the "battlefield" no one seems to want to form a group of even 2 or 3 people. Am I breaking some kind of etiquette? Personally I welcome help. My question again is do I need to quit the guild I'm in to pull up all the guilds again. I do have a second question, some of the guilds had what I assume was a membership fee listed. If so how is that fee structured? A level 20 is twice a level 10? I'm sorry if all these questions are elementary or answered ( I did look) but I am having a hard time teaming with anyone. I may have picked the wrong realm. Thanks again for your answers. ValValanne6 Apr 20, 2013
Apr 20, 2013 Day 1 Player Looking to help YOU!!!!!! Arcterus at your service. Got a question? I'd be happy to halp!Arcterus4 Apr 20, 2013
Apr 20, 2013 Cant seem to xmog axe Hey guys, I want to xmog my axe into the pvp heirloom truesilver sword (2 handed) - I put it in the xmog, I push the xmog button and NOTHING happens........ Why is that? It doesnt even say 'why' .. .. I just keep re clicking?Humanchi2 Apr 20, 2013
Apr 20, 2013 Serious transfer for PVE objectives This one is my main char, which is on Goldrinn (Brazil PVE Realm, the one with most succesfull alliance guilds). But by "succesfull", I mean most guilds still on 2/12 TOT. Also, it is horrible to even find decent players for progression. The most succesful players from my country are on Azralon, pvp realm which is all about horde. Question is, I don't like horde, and my current realm is not fulfilling my progression expectations. So I wondered about migrating to Stormrage (thrice the population, ok timezone, great progression for most guilds, all about alliance). Would you do a paid transfer to a foreign realm for that, or stick with your realm?Lanzet0 Apr 20, 2013
Apr 20, 2013 I can't decide what too play? Hai, I cannot decide what to play, I would consider myself a alt-aholic :/ I like to be in the heat of things (Melee) but I'm okay casting I can't heal. Never has interested me, but i'm fine with DPS/tanking Any advice would be great :)Arsgar4 Apr 20, 2013
Apr 20, 2013 Finding friends I have a friend who is a blood elf I'm a troll. We started on opposite continents i'm level nine and i want to meet up with him. how can i do this? please someone help me!!!Othanos11 Apr 20, 2013
Apr 20, 2013 Best Mage specializations? I'm resetting my talent points, so what is the best combo of fire, arcane, or frost? And also, what professions should a Mage get? I have skinning atmAhàron20 Apr 20, 2013
Apr 20, 2013 Question about bank slots Howdy, so i bought 2 bank slots and they dont do anything when i click on the slots. Im assuming they work just like the bags do right? you fill the slots with crap and you click which slots you want to browse... So i have my main slot then when i click the other slots that i bought nothing happens. Im confused. ...also a side question thats related in round about way;) So im storing stuff in my bank so i can aucction it off instead of selling it at a vendor (just upgrade from trial so I have to wait the 72 hrs) and I just realized that some stuff has been bound to me...so how do i see if the item is still sellable or not? Does it say anywhere something that means "this has already been bound to youi"? Thank you!Raknorr4 Apr 20, 2013
Apr 20, 2013 A Question about Redridge mountains I asked on the quest forum and received a few replies asking the name of the quest which I didn't remember at the time but nobody replied in the 2 days since. The name of the quest is, "Still Assessing the threat." I found one letter in the 1st camp immediately over the hill to the right. A second camp below that seems to show another letter that I can't get. From there I've been clear down the valley where I've fought murlocs and orcs but no map. There is another camp on the hill to the left with sharpened stakes around it that I haven't explored fully because itappeared all the camps were on the right side. By now I have taken some quests from Lakeshire. At this point will I be better served to abandon this quest or can someone offer me help with it. I know this is not the correct forum but I really really hate to leave a quest not finished. Thanks again for your help. I have to be offline to run a few errands but will reply later today. ValValanne7 Apr 20, 2013
Apr 19, 2013 Help a sister out? (deciding on a new class) What have you played before? My main from vanilla up til Wrath was a feral Druid. Enhancement shaman (now turned elemental since MOP) Arms/Prot warrior Ret Pally Various other classes never passed a low level. How far did you level it? Shaman- 90, Druid-85, Warrior- 85, Pally-90 Describe what you liked and disliked about those classes. Be detailed! For my druid, honestly I found it really appealing to be able to turn into all those different animals with the click of a button. I loved the shape shifting aspects of the class, the emphasis on bleeds, and being able to save groups by going bear or popping Rebirth in a fight gone wrong. Eventually, I started to get a little disgruntled with not being able to appreciate my character in humanoid form more. I main beef with the class now is the Savage Roar mechanic. For enhancement shammy, I liked how fast and deadly the rotation seemed, I LOVED my totems, and wind shear was a great interrupt. I switched her to elemental because I felt the enhance rotation had been slowed significantly in MOP, but that's just my opinion. The warrior, I originally wanted a Fury warrior because I thought the idea of two 2hs being dual-wielded was cool, but at the time Arms was more efficient and so I went with that. I enjoyed the mechanics of Arms. One thing I do dislike about Warriors is I feel kind of useless on the helpful buffs department. (I like having helpful buffs/abilities for my dungeon/party buds) And the Pally, I like their survivability, tbh. One thing I found bothersome was having to build Holy power. It used to be a pain, but has definitely improved in MOP. With a friend or alone? What's your friend going to be leveling? I've pretty much been playing alone since vanilla. My dad and brother play, but my dad prefers Alliance while me and my bro prefer Horde, so we rarely find a compromise to play together. Are you leveling via PvE or PvP? Chain-running dungeons? PVE. I mostly quest to level, with dungeons thrown in while I'm questing. Will you be doing primarily raids/dungeons at level cap (PvE) or knocking the opposing faction in the balls over a flag (PvP)? Dungeons mostly, definitely raids if I could find the time and a good guild. Will you be multiboxing or just playing a single character? Going to embarrassingly admit that I don't know what multiboxing means. From the context, I gather it means leveling more than one character at once? If that's the case, I definitely prefer focusing on one character at a time. Race preference? Either for looks or the actual racials (or lore!). Tauren, Goblins, Trolls, Humans Heals/tank/DPS? What's your style for DPS - melee or ranged? DPS(occasionally Tank, but not crazy over it). I have always preferred melee, mostly because I feel inadequate with casters when it comes to dungeons/raids. I'm definitely open to trying a caster, though. Any favorite game mechanics? (DoTs, HoTs, stealth, mana, etc) DoTs are awesome, but I like big hits too, not just waiting around on DoTs to suck health down. Hybrid or pure? Does it matter? Former druid here, so doesn't matter to me! Pet or temporary pet or none at all? Does it matter? Not big on pets. Not completely opposed to them, but really not preferred. Throw in any extra details here: I'm a really indecisive player when it comes to choosing a new class to try, that's my main reason for filling this out. I figured maybe a couple of suggestions might help me out. Druids just don't appeal to me anymore and it's like I've bee on this big search to find my replacement class. So far the closest seems to have been Shaman, but Enhancement got a little lackluster to me in MOP and now I'm back on the search. I feel like I need a change of scenery, so to speak. So if anyone can help, that'd be greatly appreciated!Gwenndolyn8 Apr 19, 2013
Apr 19, 2013 Brood of Nozdormu rep Hey, I just solo'ed AQ 40 and my rep for Brood of Nozdormu reset back down to 36k/36k. I have no idea why this may happen. Any way to fix? EDIT: NVM, this was a glitch with my UIDelois1 Apr 19, 2013
Apr 19, 2013 Leveled all classes to 20 And I narrowed the classes down to: Druid, warrior, mage and warlock Druid: I enjoyed shaping out of roots, I liked the hots, but I mostly damage, and I enjoyed having dots and having a nuke spell. I enjoyed some of the big crits. Warrior: I loved charging into someone and using blade storm, I thought it was fun to wield a huge weapon and seeing big crits on someone. Mage: I just thought it was a blast. I was fire and the crits were nice, the mobility was pretty fun. I think I get a dot from a talent. Warlock: lots of dots to spread, I liked the pet, long cast times though. I know that Low levels are different than at 90, so between these classes, which fits this description? I like being mobile. I want to have a dot or two. I want the class to take skill to play and master. I want to be wanted in rbg's. I love seeing big crits. I don't want to have to depend on cool downs to kill someone. I dont want a FoTM class. I want to be able to log onto this class everyday and not get boredSoullstealer16 Apr 19, 2013
Apr 19, 2013 A main for pvp I am having some difficulty choosing a main for rbg's. as much as I love healing, I feel like damage is really fun. I like having a fast and powerful damage spec. I kind of enjoy ranged over melee. I like being mobile. I want to have a dot or two. I want the class to take skill to play and master. I want to be wanted in rbg's. I love seeing big crits. I don't want to have to depend on cool downs to kill someone. I dont want a FoTM class. I want to be able to log onto this class everyday and not get bored. This sound like any class?Soullstealer6 Apr 19, 2013
Apr 19, 2013 Decided to level my lock again I haven't played my lock since cata and I just have a few questions: 1) what's the most fun spec to play? 2) what is the preferred spec in end game pvp? 3) which has the highest skill cap to master? 4) how are we in end game pvp? 5) are warlocks overall fun? I'm just coming back from a bit of a break and rerolling from a druid, would my warlock be worth leveling? Clearly from a pvp perspective, the help would be great :)Mephisar4 Apr 19, 2013
Apr 19, 2013 How to disable right-click to move? Title says it all. I made an alliance toon and for some reason right click moves him around. Anyone have a way to get rid of this?Decil4 Apr 19, 2013
Apr 19, 2013 I hate coming up with thread names Hiya,you all out there(or is in here o.O). Right,I'll come right out and say it,I'm on a Starter Edition account(have bought the Battle Chest just haven't use my code yet) . Now on to the Q&A(I ask you answer not the other way around =P) . I hope I don't have to say my race,class,and level. If I do damn I don't think, I want any help .<_< >_> Now on to the Q&A part of this thread.... 1: Is it better to craft your amour,weapons,and what not or, to farm for it?(don't think I have the money to buy anything good)? 2: this about my account right now : Like I said I bought the Battle Chest I want know with this Starter Edition account do I need use the CDs to have two expansion that comes with the Battle Chest or are they all ready on my computer now with Starter Edition ? 3:I know I can only have two Profession at a time,but can I master them all or does they reset if you untrain them? 4: Pets don't know if I can look this up or not but like to know more about them. Peace,and Love, FallenHawkFaenisonna6 Apr 19, 2013
Apr 19, 2013 Need help for payment option and realm select Hy friends, I live in India. I'm on trial account and now i want to upgrade to full version. Please advise best payment option according to my region as i do not have a credit card. I have a debit card and want to know weather i can make payment with it. and finally please suggest best realm for my region coz I'm getting around 450ms at blackrock, please fellow Indian players help me with both these issues. Thanks in advance :)Dunadin24 Apr 19, 2013
Apr 19, 2013 Unable to pick a class after trying all Just a heads up before starting the questionary, I made the mistake of reading the forums of each class so I could try to find a main (nope it didnt work), I tried pretty much every class until 15 but I haven't been able to decide due to some pet peeves and some OCD from my part, pretty much it seems like every class is broken at some point,boring or simply not viable in parts of the game being arenas/2vs2/3vs3/5vs5.After reading so much as soon as I want to focus on a main theres always something negative popping in my head about such class like( why is this so boring,why is this spec boring, but this class wont be able to do arenas/bg/2vs2 etcetc....)Which pretty much has me gimped and almost burned out of wow just by simply rerolling( more than 100 chars). As for the questionare, here it goes: What have you played before? All classes. How far did you level it? Rogue to 70 in TBC, rest of them around 20 in MOP Describe what you liked and disliked about those classes. Be detailed! Here is where my OCD kicks in, I cannot play a class without something negative popping in my head about the char not doing well in certain aspects such as fun,viable in 2vs2/3vs3/5vs5 etc,, Warrior>fun smashing stuff but it seems like they are wet noodles with it comes to survival Paladin> Like holy in pv3 but dont want to heal on pvp, Heard ret is crap at pressuring healers in pvp so its a nono rogue> Felt all I could do was pop cods on a poor sap, and if he survived, well im screwed, I dont know what to do after a opener. shaman> ugh talk about up, again, like healing but I dont want to be pigeanholed in pvp since rest of specs is asking them to kill me until I am dead. warlock>seems more like traditional mage, seems like the only working spec is destro but other 2 specs are supposedly gimped, (i like being able to play all specs but playing only 1 is anti fun so it got smaked on my OCD radar priest> like the heal part on pve, pvp is just getting babysitted cause LULZCC and KILLPURPLE and needing peels I do not like being babysitted, I like being independant. Mage> Like the burst of frost, but other 2 specs are broken and thus, no variety when its the time for me to try other specs and thus I find it boring in pve and dont like having only 1 spec in pvp drudz> heard only resto is viable, rest is a wannabe mage,wurrior or rogue monk> hate fists, I like smacking stuf with a weapon or using flashy crap hunter> ughh talk about mind numbing boringness with BM, dont like being pigeonholed in 1 spec while rest is broken. With a friend or alone? What's your friend going to be leveling? Alone, trying to catch up a friend that started brand new in MOP but won't be catching up to him in anytime soon... Are you leveling via PvE or PvP? Chain-running dungeons? PVe atm, PVP is just heirlooms galore along with the SS 1hit crap Will you be doing primarily raids/dungeons at level cap (PvE) or knocking the opposing faction in the balls over a flag (PvP)? As soon as I am able to gear up for pvp, I think it will be both. Will you be multiboxing or just playing a single character? Single char Race preference? Either for looks or the actual racials (or lore!). I like the alliance races a lot but Im in horde because of a friend, and to be honest, I dislike a lot about the horde, mainly because of looks and animations Heals/tank/DPS? What's your style for DPS - melee or ranged? I like all 3 for pve, Am I crazy? as for pvp, dps, healing in pvp is beyond the masochism of slamming my balls against a desk and then fry grilling it. I like range but with an option of peeling those nasty wartards and roguetards and the ever hated huntard with lulzjumpshot while pet eats me Any favorite game mechanics? (DoTs, HoTs, stealth, mana, etc) Dislike dots, hate running around waiting for cds like a rogue but I think im willing to put up with anything.. Hybrid or pure? Does it matter? So long as it gets the job done well in pve and all aspects of pvp such as ratedbg,randombg,all arenas comp Pet or temporary pet or none at all? Does it matter? Hate pets, retarded AI doesnt help, and I dont like relying on a pet and then he cced Throw in any extra details here: Again, being a OCD theres a lot of pet peeves for each class that prevents me from making a choice and knowing about the weak points of every class makes this a cancer on me. Well I think that's it. Thanks a lot in advance, feedback is very appreciated :)Herzyr2 Apr 19, 2013
Apr 19, 2013 Honor Points Hi, I am fairly new to the game and have been playing for about 2 months or so. Saying that, we know I don't have much gold and recently fully geared my character with honor points. (Sorry if this question has been asked already) My question: What may I do with honor points to gain gold?Rjunior4 Apr 19, 2013
Apr 19, 2013 I need a new Ranged DPS class suggestion I prefer ranged DPS classes and have just leveled a warlock to 90. Thoroughly enjoy it -- nice mix of big DPS numbers and self-healing/survivability. I have this Hunter at 62, really enjoy her too. I'm looking for a new ranged DPS class. I tried a Druid to 35 and well, she just isn't much fun. Her casts are slow and her DPS very sad. Shamans with their electric storms *look* like fun. I've heard Priests are quite powerful this go round. Can anyone point me to a ranged class with good DPS? Many thanks and happy hunting!Tarraka7 Apr 19, 2013
Apr 19, 2013 Want to try tanking prot paladin Can i use my dps gear to tank as a paladin?Azuramoon12 Apr 19, 2013
Apr 18, 2013 Help Level 79 or 80 WITHOUT Cata? Hey guys ima make it quick wat level can u reach WITHOUT Cataclysm? Thanks Also when i buy heirlooms from guild rewards should i put them on my main acc lvl 75 pally or my level 8 gnome rogue Thanks!Vengous4 Apr 18, 2013
Apr 18, 2013 Coming back after a few years.. Seems like just about everything has changed, I last played when Ulduar first came out and right as the argent tourney was going on. I have a nice set of heirloom get on my paladin who is 71 and I think I had pretty good gear on my mage for the time lol. Guess I am just wondering what would be best to level to 90 mage, paladin, or just re-roll? Any thought or comments?Cordolf7 Apr 18, 2013
Apr 18, 2013 resurrection of an account solvedStupidpanda4 Apr 18, 2013
Apr 18, 2013 Choosing a Healer. Hey guys, I've been thinking about the classes I want to play and I have decided to start with one DPS one Tank and a Healer. My problem is I cant decide what healer to play. I have taken a liking to the Shaman so far, but leveling is a concern for me because I feel they cannot level well on their own and enhancement requires a completely different gear set. I would love if you could just throw some pros and cons around about a good, reliably healer class. Many thanks.Dezsorian4 Apr 18, 2013
Apr 18, 2013 My damage blows. I don't PvP on this character, so all the info I want is about PvE. I was doing pretty well in MoP normal dungeons and such in regards to how much damage I was dealing. And just recently got to level 90 and got my item level high enough to do MoP Heroic dungeons. But now my DPS has gone to hell and the only way I can think to increase it is to get better gear. I don't know how or where to get better gear. Or if it's just my play-style that makes it bad. Which doesn't entirely make sense because it was great in normal MoP dungeons. ;/ I shouldn't be dealing only 5% of the party's total DPS when I queue as a DPS.Griivotk9 Apr 18, 2013
Apr 18, 2013 Random noob questions Hiya, There is a lot of posts out here with very precise questions, but for people who just entered this world, it's pretty much like reading chinese when it comes to most of topic's subjects. I know there is a couple of great help posts out here also, I read a lot of them, as well as the game guides of all kinds. However, there is things that are taken for granted as ''known and understood''. So I just thought I'd make a post where noobs could post all the general questions they are too ashamed to post anywhere else. I will start, with some terms that comes back often, and some questions I wish I could have a clear answer about, even though I have a general idea of what it could mean. Please don't laugh or post insulting comments on here. I'm not the only one wondering about some of those things, but it's sometimes a real shame to have to ask such questions on a forum where most players have 11 characters lvl 90, knows everything about the lore and the game and all of it's past expansions, who speaks with so many in-game abbreviations that it's barely impossible to understand for newcomers.... Any help/answers will be very appreciated, and I'm sure, not only by me. Newbies, feel free to ask all of your general questions about the game or language here. (When I say general, I mean concerning a term, or something not too precise or related to your character). Here's a few things I'd like to have a description of. They are terms that I come across often on the forum, and I could get an idea of what it might be, but it isn't clear. -What is an elder charm? How do you use it for? And when ? -What exactly does ''Specs'' means, when used over here? -What is a heirloom? -What is cross-realms? How does it work? -What is the SHA? -RNG? LFD? What are those? -What is transmog? When and where do we use it? === Now there is a few other things I could think of, for example: - What is Dungeon/Raid Gear? What is the difference between this and the regular gear? When/Where/How do you get it? Okay. I know this one will seems terribly ridiculous. But I gotta ask. - Can someone describe me what the word ''Expansion'' means for you? ( I mean..I know what an expansion is for a video game, I'm not THAT stupid either.) I would like you to give me a description of what an expansion pack is for WoW, as if you were describing it to someone who never heard of the game before. (I've never played a whole expansion pack before, I think it was just before or just after Cataclysm but I think it was before. And I only played for a month or so. So I'm not sure I quite understand what it's about. Of course, there is sometimes a new class, or a new race, new skills, or general improvements. What about the story? Each expansion is a story? I hear people talking about the siege of Ogrimmar coming up...Does each expansion ends by a big event? That's more the part I'm trying to understand. -Now that we made clear what an expansion pack is, please help me understand...What is sooooooo different about the old WoW (Before Cataclysm, also called ''Vanilla''), and the game as of now? I see so many posts about it, yet even if I read them all, I still don't understand. Can someone light my lantern? Last but not least, (For the moment) What's the main difference between patches and expansions? I read somewhere that there is 3 patches in every expansion. I know patches fixes bugs and add some little things here and there, but I don't know Clearly what it's about. --- Now if any of you really took the time to read all this and didn't start laughing, I thank you already. If you are even taking the time to answer one or many of the questions stated above, I thank you a billion time. Yes, they are very basic noob questions. Yes, I am one. I love the game, and I want to understand it better, so I can love it more. And I'm sure your answers will please more people out here. Thank you. P.S. Some more will come soon. :DMiiyaa33 Apr 18, 2013
Apr 18, 2013 I want to level a healer i leveled my mage and I thought it was pretty fun, I loved fire with the big crits, however I can't stand going into a bg and not having any healers. I would probably enjoy this mage more if I had a descent healer once and a while, but it's fine. I find healing to be the backbone of an rbg/arena team, stressful, but well worth it. Now, I don't know a ton about healers, besides that druids have hots, pallys bubble, shaman use totems, monks I don't know anything about the healing and priests have fear haha. What do I want in a healer? I really want to be mobile, can be depended on to keep people up in rbg's/arena, has one or two raid heals. I LOVE seeing lots of green numbers flying around my screen. I would like a HoT also. I want an OS that is the same way, being mobile and fast. I don't want to be just spamming one button when healing, I want to have a good sized toolbox for healing. I want to be able to log onto this class everyday and have fun with it; to be my permanent main for as long as i play. This sound like any healer?Anonymage13 Apr 18, 2013
Apr 18, 2013 frost death knight help hey everyone, i need some help with my level 90 frost dk rotation ive got stacking right i just need a good rotation can somone please help? i hit bout 30k and i suck right now thank you.Thorain2 Apr 18, 2013
Apr 18, 2013 Your Responsibilities to friends/new players So! You've recruited a friend to WoW. By that I mean, someone who doesn't currently have a WoW account and this will be the first time they've played. Gratz! Now, You want them to stay? You want them to play! I know Blizz does! So here's some tips and responsibilities that you have to make it easier on them. 1. Explain Deaths: Blizzard does an okay job for them, but honestly some people just don't catch on right away as this might be their first MMORPG! Explain that when they die they can run back to their bodies, OR use the spirit healer. I know when i first started playing WoW back in BC, I didn't know about the spirit healer and I fell off the Darnassus tree and landed on a branch. 2 Days straight i tried getting back to my body and continued to fall/die. I was about to give up when my friend was so nice to tell me, hey, use the spirit healer. 2. Provide them bags: I'm not saying top of the line Embersilk, at least netherweave though! Blizzard has given us bags as quest rewards, but they just don't cut it and YOU know how horrible it is to have to sell every 3 levels or so. or having to delete something and lose out on some Gs. So make it easier for them. 3. Explain some spells: When I first came to WoW, I knew nothing. I thought all 3d Looked like runescape models, I thought all playstyles were like Maplestory. My first character was this character, a priest. There was no helpfull tab that told me what to keep up or what to do. I had to learn. I went all the way to 40 not knowing about Power Word: Shield. and I died. Alot. untill i complained to my friend about dying and they were so nice to let me know about the spell that litterally kept me alive. Along with innerfire. xD 4. Don't Assume: You don't like PVP, your friend isn't gonna like it. I asked about the horde when I first rolled, I was blood thirsty, i wanted them ALL dead because those bastards were killing my questgivers in Westfall. My friend said, PVP sucks, you won't like it. SO I wasn't introduced to PVP untill I joined a guild and they took me to some BGs. 5. Get them into a guild. I don't mean your guild either. They need friends outside of you, and you're prolly in a raiding guild. Not All Raiding guilds take time and energy for their lowbies/newbies. get them into a nice leveling guild where they will be helped. Not hand held, but helped. 6. Explain the mount thing, I have returning players in my guild who didn't know that you now got mounts at 20 instead of 40. if need be, give them the gold for their first mount. make them buy their own epic flying. 5k gold is easy to come by nowadays and they will appreciate it alot more if they have to work for it. 7. Explain gear/stats: Warriors running around in leather or cloth disgusts me. It's because people don't take the time to explain to their friends, or even those player directly that hey, Warriors wear mail/plate. hey, rogues wear leather. I'll admit there have been a few times I have been in a dungeon and seen a paladin wearing a cloth dress Holy spec, qued for tanking and I kicked them. Outright got rid of them. Don't let your friend be turned away because they just don't know and don't wanna ask cuz they'll feel silly. 8. Explain Ques/Roles: let them know that hey! a tank is supposed to draw attention to themselves, hey, DPS need to fight the mobs and kill them. Healers, not so much. Healers wanna be seen and not heard. 9. Run them: in a few dungeons at least, show them what time and effort gets you. Show them that when they reach 90 they're going to be this power house of destruction. Or if theyre a prot warrior just tellem to shield slam crap and be done with it. :P Show them that there is an end to the grind and that it pays off. 10. Protect them/gear them: If you're on a pvp server/normal or anywhere they can get ganked, stand up and do your duty. When they call on you, get your !@# there asap and kill the bugger thats killing them. I was gonna add about helping them with group quests, but there isn't a whole lot of those anymore, in BC redridge was a beast, had elites you had to kill and etc. Couldn't do it no how as a priest. Also if you can make them some gear, do it, please. it'll help and everyone enjoys getting new gear. if you feel ive missed some things, please respond and I'll add them. if you feel this deserves a sticky, hit the button!Ailments5 Apr 18, 2013
Apr 18, 2013 Macros? Okay so someone said that with macros you can cast several things with one button. I don't really know how to set up macros or what macros to use. I'd need macros for Resto/Feral.Ameliawillam3 Apr 18, 2013
Apr 18, 2013 Black Market Auction House I've heard it mentioned before and don't know what it is. So what is the Black Market Auction House?Drusilla3 Apr 18, 2013
Apr 18, 2013 Conquest Points I've noticed to buy a Tyrannical weapon, I need a total of 7,250 season conquest points earned. Now, I am fairly new and have around 2k+ season conquest points earned and can only earn 1,800 a week doing random battle grounds. My question is, if I were to reach my cap of conquest points for the week, would my season total still continue to rise while I am capped for the week?Juniior2 Apr 18, 2013
Apr 18, 2013 Question about mounts I randomly got a felsteed when I reached level 20 I don't know how I got it but when I checked my mounts I got one, then I just found out that I got a dreadsteed just now at level 49. I do not remember doing anyquest or whatsoever but I wanna know how I got it and how do I increase my mount speed? My dreadsteed still gives me 60% additional speed and I learned that I supposed to be getting 100% speed on my level 40 mount. Can someone explain this to me? Sorry I am a total noob, I just got my battle chest 4 days ago.Kheldjoran3 Apr 18, 2013
Apr 18, 2013 Currency question in WoW I'm back with another question I feel silly asking and I tried the forum search but I'm not able narrow the search enough to help. Well here goes. Across the bottom of my knapsack I have icons that I assume reading from right to left is; copper, silver, and gold. I have observed that as I sell or buy those numbers change reflecting either a purchase or an item sold. What I am wondering about is the numbering system. Does it take 100 coppers to make one silver and a 100 silver for one gold. If I have 7gold, 56 silver, and 20 coppers how much does that total? Another question is after I have enchanted an item does the price displayed reflect the upgrade. I was so excited to enchant something I could use (bracers) that gave me 5 health points I didn't note what increase if any occurred. Which raises another question; If I need an ingredient for an enchantment or tailoring or any profession other that collecting it personally are there other avenues open. I've noticed on the chat feature that a section called trade. Would that be an option? Or the AH? Or maybe the say function? I hope I don't make a nuisance of myself but I got involved in this world. Thanks again for your time replying.Valanne13 Apr 18, 2013
Apr 18, 2013 Help on guilds and what to expect. I know this is probably the wrong section and I apologize, I just found the guild section on these forums really overwhelming as they were all advertisements. I just want to start out with a little of my background of how I started playing this game and how to find a guild that I can work with according to my schedule. I was introduced to this game by my ex boyfriend. He wanted me to play with him and I was hesitant since I'm not typically a gamer, but I fell in love with the game and graphics so I joined and then when things didn't work out I was left alone to fend for myself on here as a noob with no help and guidance. I get guild invites but I decline all of them since he told me some are real jerks (his words not mine). I really want to join a guild as I want to experience everything there is to this game but I don't know where to start. I'm sorry once again if this is too long and you might not care for my background but I wanted to include this if you decide to help me and you might need an idea of what you're dealing with. I will be starting college soon so I won't be able to log on as much as now, also I'm really ignorant about armor and A LOT of things so a guild with a lot of patience and tolerance for noobs will be nice. Thanks in advance if you read all this, and also if you decide to help me. If not I totally understand as this will most likely take a lot of time.Hildax5 Apr 18, 2013
Apr 18, 2013 Trial Account Restrictions Hello! I just recently upgraded this starter edition count up to Mists of Pandaria, evidenced by a monk I've created and the fact that I can level a bit past twenty, but I cannot whisper back people even if they have whispered me first. I understand it takes up to 72 hours for trial restrictions to be lifted, but is it normal to not be able to respond or type things in chat? Secondly, when I log in it says I have two accounts: Wow1 and Wow2 - wow1 is the version that has my monk and apparently Mists of Pandaria, while Wow2 is blank, did I do something wrong or is this normal? Edit: Figured out the Wow1 and Wow2 situation, but any feedback on the chatting/whispering is greatly appreciated!Loureen4 Apr 18, 2013
Apr 17, 2013 Paladin and other concerns I started off with a Druid, but after leveling him with a way more experienced friend I feel as if I don't even "know" this character anymore. It probably doesn't help that I couldn't play for over a year. I just don't think I could pick it back up. I started this Paladin I am currently questing with and I accidentally spec'd it for healing. I've only ever played DPS and I am nervous to try something other than this. Should I give it a shot and attempt to play as a healer and just change spec/dual spec DPS? I want to open up my entire experience of WoW and become an upper tier player. I love questing, but I really want to become raid efficient for my guild or other guilds. This, again, pertains to being a healer. As DPS it's simple to me in raids. As a healer I feel like I may become overwhelmed and screw up heals. How different is it compared to a DPS player? Any tips would be very welcome. I'm just really confused coming back into this game. I'm also trying to get into setting up my macro's which I was reading up on. Since I am such a low level it seems simple, but I hope to get a better feel for it when it comes to healing if I stick with it later on.Barnizzel5 Apr 17, 2013
Apr 17, 2013 Helping noobs As a regular viewer of this New Player forum, i just wanted to give a quick shoutout to all you posters who take the time to answer our questions and aid us on our wow journey :-)Kazoul5 Apr 17, 2013
Apr 17, 2013 General Game Questions since BC. Hi, I've been playing off & on since beta before the game came out. The last time I really knew the game was around BC. Just hit level 90 and had some general questions about new stuff, and mechanics. I thought this would be the perfect place to get all my questions out at once and get some pretty good answers: 1. VOID STORAGE - how does this work? Even helpful links about this would suffice. 2. TRANSMOGRIFY - can you only transmogrify items you have? What about items that are stored in your void storage? You can't just make them out to be any model you want within the game correct? Does mail models have to be mail models or can mail models display other types of armor such as leather, cloth, etc. ? 3. With older RAIDS @ Level 90 - I use to solo MC on my hunter @ 70. Now that I solo it @ level 90, there is not much (if any) gold, and not every mob even has loot. Did they totally nerf this? Now I'm soloing BWL and the same situation arises. 4. As for Tier 1 gear that used to drop across the original classic instances. I can't get the chest pieces to ever drop off of Drak in UBRS. Maybe I just want to farm for old T1 gear for nostalgic sake but no gear ever drops. Is this because I'm level 90 and I will never be able to see this gear ever again? I want the original, not the BoA heirloom gear... That's all for now. Thanks and happy hunting!Zeolite7 Apr 17, 2013
Apr 17, 2013 New to WoW, RPG's, and MMORPG's I have some questions and or concerns, some are specific to Priest and other more general questions. Let me start with the Priest first. I am playing the discipline tree and at level 15 I need to choose a talent (I guess its called) out of three choices. Which would you recommend either to compliment or strengthen the discipline priest. The second question concerns my priest as well but also contains an element of general concern. I didn't even know about macro until today and my question is if I attempt this will doing so disable the mouse feature on the action bar and can I undo the macro if it doesn't work as I want it to. And how do I do that? And can I use the macro to target with? Next if I can get the macro correct in what sequence or combination would you choose. Up untill now I have soloed and have used healing on myself only. To heal others you need to target them or will some spells do it automatically? I really don't want injure somebody accidently. Another question is can't I get an upgrade on my shoes? There are the same ones I recieved at level 2. By now they are scuffed, dirty, and out of style. Seriously! When or where can I get an upated style that increases my stats. I've been able to update other parts of my wardrobe, why not the shoes. I have tried mage, warrior, warlock, hunter and rouge but nothing really clicked before this priest. When my character hurts I hurt, when she dies that hurts too. With the priest I can shield myself while doing damage and heal or help others. I also like the tailoring and enchanting pros that are rec for the priests. Though I don't know where to look for the powders on the first level of enchanting. Not knowing RP etiquette I have hesitated to help at times because I didn't want claim someone else's loot or count. Speaking of loot how can I keep my packs from overflowing? I am now at three corners or towers and after a dozen kills my bags are full. Transporting to the inn at Goldshire is alright but walking back is a pain. I did not subscrib until I got Val to level 10 and I only got one invite from a guild and none from those I applied to. Yet when I created alts I got several invites in the first levels. Guilds must get bonus points when players levels up. That was the idea of subscrib to join a guild and or a group, I got tired of soloing and need some perks. The guild I joined is low level with ltd perks. While that is somewhat a disappointment I'm mostly looking to join a group of 5-10 that have each other backs, are team oriented, friendly and travel together. I have a lot of free time as I'm disabled partly due to anxiety which I have brought to the RP univerise with me. But I'm slowly learning and any advice you can give me with the macros, the discipline priest abilities, groups, guilds and RPs is greatly appreciated. Thanks again.Valanne19 Apr 17, 2013
Apr 17, 2013 Revised Questionnare for a main IF YOU'RE A VETERAN AND HAVE PLAYED EXTENSIVELY: ---> OR HAVE LEVELED PAST 60 •What have you played before? Every class except for a deathknight and rogue •How far did you level it? My druid is 90, my mage is 85, the rest of them range from levels 10-40 •Describe what you liked and disliked about those classes. Be detailed! I did enjoy the dot's, I enjoyed wielding a huge weapon. With my druid, I only played resto and boomkin..I liked spreading the dots to everyone around and with the warrior I enjoyed carrying a huge sword on my back and running people over. I never really got into a rogue.. but I like the thought of killing someone swiftly and disappearing in the shadows. •With a friend or alone? What's your friend going to be leveling? I am leveling alone •Are you leveling via PvE or PvP? Chain-running dungeons? I am going to level by questing and doing pvp games when it's call to arms •Will you be doing primarily raids/dungeons at level cap (PvE) or knocking the opposing faction in the balls over a flag (PvP)? At the level cap, I play on pvping most of the time •Will you be multiboxing or just playing a single character? no •Race preference? Either for looks or the actual racials (or lore!). I like human, worgen and gnomes •Heals/tank/DPS? What's your style for DPS - melee or ranged? This is where I am torn, I enjoy damaging and running people over very much, however, I feel like healing is the backbone of every group and I enjoy being a good healer and being able to keep everyone up. •Any favorite game mechanics? (DoTs, HoTs, stealth, mana, etc) I don't defer from these either, I enjoy DoTs, I kind of like stealth also. I do not enjoy rage •Hybrid or pure? Does it matter? It doesn't not matter to me •Pet or temporary pet or none at all? Does it matter? This one doesn't matter to me either •Throw in any extra details here: Overall, I am looking for a class that I can heal AND dps with. I love fast and powerful damage with lots of numbers flying around on my screen. With he big crits, i love big crits :D. I don't want to have to depend on a healer to keep myself alive when I do go dps spec. I LOVE being mobile, moving around. I want to be mobile in both dps and healing specs. I want to be wanted in pvp groups. I don't want a FoTM class, even if the class you guys help me choose gets nerfed, I want to be good enough to make the class look good. Survivability/defense cool downs are a must. I want it to take very much skill to play and master. I have always been ranged, but maybe I should give melee a shot. I want to log onto this class every day and know I'll have a fun time. Any suggestions? Just so you guys don't think I'm spamming, this is the link to the other one I posted: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8569149941?page=1#new-postIcychill20 Apr 17, 2013
Apr 17, 2013 Can Starter Edition Accounts Obtain C.S.? Hey guys, I was wondering if trial accounts can obtain the item Cloaked Shoulderpads, if I can, please tell me how to get it since I want it for transmogrification! ^_^ Thanks form ØverwhelmØverwhelm1 Apr 17, 2013
Apr 17, 2013 Picking a class IF YOU'RE A VETERAN AND HAVE PLAYED EXTENSIVELY:---> OR HAVE LEVELED PAST 60 •What have you played before? all except warlock and dk •How far did you level it? Hunter to 90, Paladin to 75, druid to 43, priest to 42, rest 30 or under •Describe what you liked and disliked about those classes. Be detailed! Hunter: I really enjoyed the mobility of the class, as well as the power it had. I also enjoyed keeping up dots as survival. However, i really disliked being locked to only dps with all three specs feeling relatively the same. Felt like I really did not bring much to the group. Paladin: enjoy the offheals as ret, as well as utility brought to the group. The tanking was a little on the dull side, and the class as a whole felt slow to me. druid: again enjoyed the heals, and the utility. Boomkin was rather enjoyable with dots and offheals and the mobility. feral was not my cup of tea, and did not try tanking. Healing was ok, but I definitely enjoy hard casting more for heals. •With a friend or alone? What's your friend going to be leveling? Alone •Are you leveling via PvE or PvP? Chain-running dungeons? A mix of both, if I role tank I generally chain-run. •Will you be doing primarily raids/dungeons at level cap (PvE) or knocking the opposing faction in the balls over a flag (PvP)? Both, with a slight emphasis on pvp •Will you be multiboxing or just playing a single character? Single character •Race preference? Either for looks or the actual racials (or lore!). Trolls and dwarves are my fav, I guess they seem to feel more laid back and friendly to me, but I'm ok with anything other than NE and UD •Heals/tank/DPS? What's your style for DPS - melee or ranged? Definitely enjoy dps and heals. probably enjoy range more as I hate being out of range as melee and chasing someone down gets old quickly .I enjoy tanking in low levels, but I have never tanked for raids or max level content. •Any favorite game mechanics? (DoTs, HoTs, stealth, mana, etc) Definitely a DoT fan. With heals I prefer more of a punch heals than Hots. stealth is pretty cool on my rogue, plus control. •Hybrid or pure? Does it matter? I suppose hybrid fits more what I am looking for, but open to a more varied pure •Pet or temporary pet or none at all? Does it matter? Doesn't matter •Throw in any extra details here: I have a slight adversion to playing darker classes, but i could learn to get over it. I am just incredibly indecisive lol.Blazingtusks4 Apr 17, 2013
Apr 17, 2013 Main help This is my druid. He's been my main since BC and lately I've grown bored of her. I don't know why, maybe it's because all I've been doing is playing resto for like 6 years. This is the only class I know how to play, given I know other classes main CD's, I don't know them in depth. I want to reroll from my druid, I think it's time to put her to the side. So I have to ask, any suggestions on rerolling? I find healing quite fun. I enjoy having mobility, hots, and having good defense cool downs. I love seeing lots of numbers flying around my screen when healing. When I damage, melee or range, I want it to be fast and powerful, with mobility. I want both specs to take very much skill to play. Unless someone can convince me to stay druid, any suggestions for help? The help is appreciated :)Lifebloõm1 Apr 17, 2013
Apr 17, 2013 Can't complete Battle for Gilneas City Ok, I have no idea what to do, what I'm doing wrong & I'm starting to get very frustrated. I've been reading up on this quest to see what I'm doing wrong. I saw a lot of similar reports but they all seem to be from at least a year ago so that data may be outdated. The mission just keeps restarting on me & sending me back to the bridge before the big speech. I've tried everything I can think of. I tried killing off every enemy we run across. I tried killing off just the baddies that are attacking our army. I tried going stealth and just following Liam without interacting with anything. I tried going stealth and interacting with just the cannons/catapults to attack the abominations & Gorerot. I tried going stealth and heading straight for "checkpoints" so-to-speak. I've tried this quest over two dozen times & I keep just restarting. On the last attempt I managed to get past Gorerot without a reset, got to the battle with the elf-lady (Sylvanis, I think?) and about the time the army got her down to a quarter health, it reset again. I didn't use the quest-item during the post-Gorerot segment, or interact with the scene whatsoever. I'm really enjoying the game right now, never played this race or class before and it's been a blast, but I've been stuck here for a couple days now =\ Can anyone help? Tell me what I'm doing wrong? Or run me through it? Should I submit a ticket? Do they ever respond to tickets from trial accounts? Sincerely, One sad puppy.Galderi5 Apr 17, 2013
Apr 17, 2013 Question Possibly wrong section and really noobish question, so I apologize ahead of time. But, I just found my email and password for this account and haven't reactivated it yet. I was looking under the scroll of resurrection's FAQ and it still stay that SORs give a free ding to 80 plus an upgrade to Cata? I would assume that since that is still stated under the FAQs that that would be true, but I was wondering if any current players could shed some light on this for me as I've been out of the game since 2010. Much appreciated.Copé2 Apr 17, 2013