New Player Help and Guides

Mar 30, 2013 Is game up to date? When I start up WOW the first screen says that my game is up to date. Does this mean all of the latest patches have been downloaded also or do I have to do this myself?Drudg3 Mar 30, 2013
Mar 30, 2013 Best Class for Beginners? Hey guys, I was wondering what your favorite class is for beginners? I want something that's not too complicated and fun to play at the same time. Thanks!Helaus14 Mar 30, 2013
Mar 29, 2013 Addon wanted Can't post on the UI forum, so this is the next best thing. I am looking for an addon that will hide "category" reputation bars, including Horde Expedition, The Anglers, and The Tillers. I want them moved to inactive if all their sub-options are too. Also after something that will block party invites while I am in an LFR queue, and send the inviter a nice message saying that I can't accept their invite right now.Klaes1 Mar 29, 2013
Mar 29, 2013 group vs playing solo My questions are: is it really necessary to be in a group to run dungeons and battle in arenas? Due to my job, I usually prefer to play alone however, after reading some of the forums and whatnot, I'm beginning to suspect that I may be missing out on some good gear and more adventures because of my play-style. Are macros and key-bindings really necessary to play a character/toon effectively and be competitive? Also, is it true that one can level a toon up from beginning to 90 in a matter of hours or days? Thanks in advance.Daemonika6 Mar 29, 2013
Mar 29, 2013 back and need advice ^_^ Hello...i just got back into wow and was thinking of rolling either a monk or a hunter cuase im used to a dps...tried playing my tank and cant get back into it.....which one would be best to play to get used to the game again ^_^Ansakur3 Mar 29, 2013
Mar 29, 2013 Server Help Just came back to play casually after a 3 year break. When I left I deleted everything. Was looking for a medium to close to high populated server with a pretty even ratio of alliance and horde and a decent to good economy. Would prefer a pvp server but normal is fine to. I do not know where to find the numbers anymore. Its been so long. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks for your time fellow gamers.Rizin1 Mar 29, 2013
Mar 29, 2013 Help my with dps I have been working on my dps for the last couple of days and it still sucks! I am being carried through dungeons. I hoping someone can help me figure out how I can get it up if is my gear or something... I use the recommended rotation for a balance druid but I always come up so low.Daeniell14 Mar 29, 2013
Mar 29, 2013 Stupid macro question So I get the idea of macros and all that, but I dont really use them much. I've thought about it, and decided that a macro would be helpful for some of my mage abilities. Now, my question is, what about things with different cooldowns? Like, the macro I wanted to make was: /cast trinket /cast arcane power /cast alter time Now, all three of those have different cooldowns (1 min, 1.5 min, and 3 min respectively). I know the first time I used the macro it would work fine, but what about if I tried to use it again while one or more of the abilities were still on cooldown? Let's say I hit the button again in 1 minute. Would my trinket activate and the other two just say 'cant do that yet'? Or would nothing happen at all? Sorry if Im not making much sense or sound retarded. Thanks for any help :)Sandse4 Mar 29, 2013
Mar 29, 2013 New player need help! Hey everyone! I recently just downloaded the free/starter edition of the game. So far I am very impressed and I love the game. I thought I should buy the game. I went on Battle net and came up to the screen to purchase the game. I was confused though because it gave me two options. One said to upgrade to the full version. The other said to upgrade to the deluxe version which included mists of pandaria etc. I have no idea which one to get. My buddy is playing mists of pandaria and I want to play with him. Unfortunately he just moved and I cannot contact him. Any help will be very appreciated. Here is the link to the screen I was at. https://us.battle.net/account/management/upgrade-wow.html?accountName=WoW1&region=USSouptastic2 Mar 29, 2013
Mar 29, 2013 How come druids can't travel form indoors... But can still use it while carrying the flag in Warsong Gulch? I'm not complaining, I'm just curious. I thought travel form was supposed to be like a mount of sorts, but its mechanics aren't quite the same. Also, cat form with the feline swiftness talent gives you 144% movement speed, which is 4% faster than travel form without feline swiftness, yet you still can't use travel form indoors at all. If you can be a bear indoors, why can't you be a stag or cheetah?Krukthor2 Mar 29, 2013
Mar 29, 2013 Shaman Vs. Mage. What should I choose? I don't know what class to choose. Basically im looking for a class thats good in pvp 1v1s and does good dps. I don't know which to choose but I think im leaning farther towards the shaman because they are a good all around class but I don't know whether to choose a mage either. What are your suggestions?Gaybu9 Mar 29, 2013
Mar 29, 2013 About to hit lvl 90, now what? I'm a player that has just recently joined wow again, and all of this pandaria stuff is so new to me. What do I do?Threeze2 Mar 29, 2013
Mar 29, 2013 How to get to winterspring? Right now im at ashenvale to the right top of it a bit.. do I have to continue going north then east??>Pepsico7 Mar 29, 2013
Mar 29, 2013 How does Combustion work? I haven't played my dear mage since Cata, and I've heard about the changes to Combustion. Seeing as I play fire, I'd really appreciate if someone could explain the changes to Combustion (before I start leveling her).Saelayris2 Mar 29, 2013
Mar 29, 2013 Unable to use Sword and Staff??? I am on the free trial and I was noticing that I couldn't use a sword or a staff. I am a Pandaren Mage. I am not sure if it is because I am on the free trial or if I can't use these items at all but it is really annoying not knowing. Please Help. Thanks.Kelliemarie1 Mar 29, 2013
Mar 29, 2013 HP bars are green/blue/orange? In BGs they're all different, wierd colours? (For the enemy)Remiind23 Mar 29, 2013
Mar 29, 2013 Returning: lvl / tank randoms:server matter? I miss classic MMO tank-healer-dps 5 mans. So I want to come back to WoW since I think it does that better than any MMO. I love tanking so I'll roll a tank, get to 15, and just run 5 mans for fun. Question: does my server choice matter? I've tried to find a large Alliance social guild to make new friends but it is almost impossible given the sheer number of servers. With the way Dungeon Finder works will that even matter? Or do I have something fundamentally wrong (e.g. better to find a good guild and run randoms with them to make friends, etc). Thanks :)Scian5 Mar 29, 2013
Mar 29, 2013 Subscription My dad is on a different state How will he get my subcription? if far away?Subscribe5 Mar 29, 2013
Mar 29, 2013 Help with Restoration Shaman stats. Hey there I am a Resto Shamy and I need help chosing what stats to look for. Should I chose items with stamina, agility, intellect, or spirit. Also, besides damage reduction, is there a difference between wearing cloth, leather, or mail i.e. will wearing cloth make me better at casting. Thanks in advance.Uxar1 Mar 29, 2013
Mar 28, 2013 Any help for choosing a class or race? Do you want to have a permanent pet? Is a temporary one okay with you? Or does it not matter if you have a pet? It doesn't really matter. Are you partial to cloth wearers or do you want a little more bulk in your armor? I'm okay with high-middle area armor and up, but I don't like low armor. What have you played in other games before? Maybe you played a caster in another game and liked it, or have a fondness for barbarians/warriors. WoW might have a rough equivalent for you! Unless CoD, Pokemon or Skyrim counts, then I haven't really played a game like this. Do you want to be able to heal yourself and others, or are you okay with lacking those spells? I do like to heal people, but it isn't required. Which is your preference: attacking enemies from a distance or being up in their faces? In yo faec Are you the sneaky type or do you take pleasure ripping out internal organs as a greeting right off the bat? Does both count? But I prefer to remove livers sometimes... :P Do you want to be on the front lines with a shield or watching over your group to keep them safe? Front lines soldier. Will you be leveling with a friend or mostly on your own? If you're doing it with a friend, what are they planning to level, or have they not decided yet? Alone. Have you read about classes at all yet? If so, what stands out as interesting to you? Have you tried any classes already? I'm completely new, so no. Are you interested in the lore or story of Warcraft? Some classes have a lot of easily-absorbed lore while others are a little "less detailed" in their history. A little lore is nice. Interested in roleplaying at all? This goes with the previous question, but some races/classes are easier to roleplay as a newbie than others (with lots of history to adhere to). No. Do any of the races stick out to you as being attractive? Not every race can be every class, so if you have an early favorite (or if you really dislike one in particular) this can narrow things down. I looked at the races, and I liked Troll, Tauren, Draenei, and Night Elf.Balifory7 Mar 28, 2013
Mar 28, 2013 How do I use Naatu ability as a Draenei? I can't seem to heal a survivor with my Naaru ability. I stand next to one, target the survivor then select Naaru from my action bar. There is a flash of light over the survivor, but there is no increace in health shown in the survivors target portrait. I wait 3 minutes for the Naaru to recharge and try again with the same results. Am I doing somethine wrong?Drudg19 Mar 28, 2013
Mar 28, 2013 Want to PvP? Learn the basics! So what I've noticed after starting to level a new toon is that it looks like there is a lot of new players trying out PvP. I am by no means an expert at pvp or claim to know everything. Feel free to add to this post but please keep it positive and not use it to point out issues. If you know of some please post a solution to go along with your observation. 1. Always target healers first. Ever find yourself beating on that one dps that just won't die? Take a second to look around, there's someone filling his green bar. Interrupt, stun, fear, poly morph, scatter shot, counter spell, silence, fear! Whatever tools you have use them! As the game is, it is nearly impossible to solo a healer by yourself, that's why they must die first! 2. Killing doesn't always mean you win! Example being, Warsong Gulch if your flag carrier is getting chased by a swarm of nasty enemies! I know, I know all that red you can charge in and fight! Better yet do what you can to slow them down and help your flag carrier escape! if you're a healer focus your flag carrier and do your best to keep them alive! Give your team a chance to re-establish itself and prepare a quick strategy. For battlegrounds that require defending bases, I know it's so so tempting to run from base to base to kill and cap! I get your point, it's fun tearing into people and fighting! But to win you need to defend! Always group up with 3 or 4 people and defend a base once it's captured! Everyone has to do their part to win! Don't fall for the rude people that tell you your damage is low, you're doing what you're supposed to be doing, chances are that heirloom veteran is playing it all wrong. 3. Listen to veteran players that give helpful advice, not the idiot running around with 1k more health than you telling you how bad you are, if they suggest not going for the flag in eye of the storm and to 3 cap the bases, listen. They say these things cause they know what the best way to win is, if they tell you not to cap the flag yet, don't. There's a reason for it, either the enemy controls the middle of the map, it could be a close match and your needed for that last second cap to win it due to bases switching so much. 4. Winning is fun and grants more experience and honor! Did you know you can buy upgraded gear at different levels for honor? Lets face it no one will admit it, you always hear, I play for fun, I don't care if I win or lose. I get it, playing is fun, but winning, is EPIC! 5. Don't get discouraged with your faction, the grass isn't greener on the other side regardless if what people tell you. Trust me those guys on the other team have the same issues as you. Remember it takes teamwork to win, it's never fun running into battle by yourself and watching the enemy laugh and hug your dead corpse. Stick together, learn and have fun. Ignore the jerks and don't be afraid to ask for advice. 6. This is for the veteran/experienced players, Instead of calling new people bad or screaming at them that their health bar isn't big enough, help guide them, show them and explain to them why you're asking them to do what needs to be done. Everyone gets caught up in the moment but we all need to take a step back and help the newer players enjoy the game. Remember, these are the same people that are leveling to 90 and going to be in those random battlegrounds with you, teach them right now, exert some patience and understanding. No one came in this game knowing everything there is to know, take a moment to remember that one thing you wish you would have known that made life easier and pass it on. Good Luck to all! Feel free to add comments to help out. Please be constructive!Fistavish0 Mar 28, 2013
Mar 28, 2013 New character to learn PvP? I've been playing since BC, and since Cata have become an alt-o-holic. In all that time I've never PvP'd. Recently I purchased the game Forge on sale from Steam. It's got my interest in PvP piqued, but I have a question before I delve in. Should I create a new character to learn the basics, or jump right in with my mid-high level characters?Survivalist5 Mar 28, 2013
Mar 28, 2013 Help finding new class •What have you played before? I have leveled a paladin, rogue, dk, and priest •How far did you level it? I have leveled both my rogue and pally to lvl 90, and my priest to 55. The dk I deleted at a low level and I'm willing to try again. •Describe what you liked and disliked about those classes. Be detailed! Paladin: I love that I am both able to dps and heal, that is a lot of fun. What I don't like is that I don't seem to be as strong as some other dps(mage,spriest,warriors), and I don't like that I have been playing this class FOREVER and I want something fresh and new. Rogue: I love rogues PvP and stealth ablities(not important cuz of my rogue), I also love poisons and the quick attacks rogues have. What I don't like so much is that rogues are kind of squishy and I hate having to pool energy after every attack. Priest: I haven't played on this character as much as the others. I like that you can both heal and dps. I also love the fact that there is two healing specs. With dps I love all the dots on my enemies. What I don't like is the management of shadow orbs. •With a friend or alone? What's your friend going to be leveling? I will be leveling alone, but in the future I look to be playing with a rogue or a priest(my friends chars) •Are you leveling via PvE or PvP? Chain-running dungeons? I will be leveling and doing the occasional dungeons. When I hit like level 87 I chain run alterac valley for about 3 levels(shouldn't have an effect on ur choice though, only for a couple of levels) •Will you be doing primarily raids/dungeons at level cap (PvE) or knocking the opposing faction in the balls over a flag (PvP)? I will be looking to mostly pve with this character,option for pvp is also something I will consider depending on the class •Will you be multiboxing or just playing a single character? single character •Heals/tank/DPS? What's your style for DPS - melee or ranged? I like to heal and dps( I HATE) tanking mostly because it doesn't seem appealing to me at all. I would prefer a melee for pve and a ranged for pvp( for dps ofc). •Any favorite game mechanics? (DoTs, HoTs, stealth, mana, etc) I enjoy DoTs for dps, but it doesn't really matter all that much. I just like seeing BIG NUMBERS! Anything that can do a lot of damage is good for me :D. I also prefer mana on my characters, not a big fan of focus and/or energy. •Hybrid or pure? Does it matter? Doesn't matter to me if I'm having fun! •Pet or temporary pet or none at all? Does it matter? I enjoy having a pet, but it is not a deal breaker for a class, just an extra bonus! •Throw in any extra details here: When I hit level cap, I enjoy soloing instances for transmogs, and I like to quest quick and efficiently! So I would love a class that has the capability of pulling a ton of mobs(like 4-5) at a time and be able to wipe them all out with aoes and stuff(talking about at level 80 and stuff).... So it would be a great bonus if a class could do this. P.s. I don't like tanking, but if a tank spec would allow me to do this (for example, prot pally can AoE like a mad man) then I would be happy to offspec this while questing. Note: I hope I provided enough info for you to help me out. And im sorry if I left too much info :). Also, if I made any errors in speech or something, let me know so I can fix it, thx! Please leave a detailed answer letting me know why you chose that specific class for me based on my answers to the above questions. Please don't just leave "I think you should play a shaman" and not let me know why. :DUntouchablex3 Mar 28, 2013
Mar 28, 2013 What does a lvl 86 do with 4k Justice Points? I'm new to WoW. I have maxed out my justice points but i'm level 86 and there doesn't seem to be anything I can do with them until I hit level 90. I don't need any heirlooms. Any suggestions?Airvon5 Mar 28, 2013
Mar 28, 2013 Destruction Warlock Stats Just wondering what stats I should be looking for on my gear (ex: Intellect, Stamina)? Thanks for the help!Lockrath2 Mar 28, 2013
Mar 28, 2013 Another 'what class/race' help thread! Been playing just over a month. Been really enjoying my Panda DPS Monk lvl 65, but was wanting to start up a second character and I'm not sure what to go with. And overall I've really been liking Pandas as a race though two of the three classes I'm looking at they can't play as, not that I'm against trying out a different class. Basically I like the lore (though I admit I'm not paying close attention to it), and I love how they can always get to Orgrimmar via Zen Pilgrimage. My monk has been fairly fun to play, easy to run with alone, and does well in groups as far as I'm aware. Nice that it has some healing ablity and rarely do I seem to sit around waiting for cooldowns, and handles both groups and individual enemies rather well. I do play on a PVP server, and primarily solo - though do instances at times (dungeons, battlegrounds), and on rare occasions party up. I am in a guild and my new char would be too so once I get high enough I will probably will do raids and party up with them. Mainly looking at DPS or Tank, though I'd like something a bit different of course than DPS Monk. Thinking most likely close range, though in previous games (FFXIV, Baldurs Gate) I've enjoyed rangers/bow users. Not looking at having a pet, nor right now looking at using magic as my main attack. Mainly stuck between three classes. Pandaren Enhancement Shaman has been sounding interesting to play, and my friend said is rather good at DPS soloing, though not that great for parties/instances. Death Knight (probably Blood Elf as my friend really loves that class) I've read are suppose to be good for soloing and working in a group, and sounds like it'll be fun to play as well (plus they look cool). Hearing I was thinking possibly DK my friend also suggested Retribution Paladin (probably Blood Elf again since I can't panda it) as something similar but a bit different from the DK. Please give thoughts. And feel free to suggest another class, though hopefully not many others will be tossed at me ^_^'Rioroute2 Mar 28, 2013
Mar 28, 2013 Can you use the Armory to seach for a guild? I am thinking of coming back to WoW and I'd like to do some Guild research. My ideal guild is a large, social, active leveling guild. Is there any way to look for the largest guilds in WoW and maybe start my search there? Or is Armory data not great for that? Any suggestions? Thanks!Scian2 Mar 28, 2013
Mar 28, 2013 Thinking about getting back into WoW Title says most of it, I'm just curious is it worth it? I stopped playing back in November and the game just started to tank for me right before (burnout maybe?) but I've been reading up on some updates and other forums and thinking it might be worth it to get back into it. Between school, the gym, bowling, and the nice weather that's soon to come I'll only be playing a couple hours a day which will negate a chance for burn out. But is it worth it for that limited time? How's the game trending now?Ihaterange8 Mar 28, 2013
Mar 28, 2013 Shado-Pan Dailies req. Golden Lotus? Do the Shado-Pan Dailies require you to be revered with the Golden Lotus?Delsar2 Mar 28, 2013
Mar 28, 2013 Dungeons! So, I'm leveling a new main (Once again!). I'm currently level 86, grinding through quests. I looked all over the web, and cannot find an answer. Does ANYBODY know the average exp and percentage of a Random/Specific que?Chòòk1 Mar 28, 2013
Mar 28, 2013 Where To Find A Riding Mount? So i finally reached lvl 23 and realized that i dont have a riding mount. Well im in Kalimdor and i would really love to learn riding mount does anyone know where to go from here to to learn how to ride mount? Thanks in Advance! :DPhayleen5 Mar 28, 2013
Mar 28, 2013 rep questions ok ive noticed those new stones for making rep faster if you get a toon to exalted, do all the factions have this and if not are there plans to input them? there is a few factions that I would need to get to exalted on many toons to get the profession plansSvetä7 Mar 28, 2013
Mar 28, 2013 How do I use the Arena/Conquest section? I can't seem to find how to actually use them. My CP inflow has been slow, if any, only relying on the RBG bonus thing. 1. Do I need to be in a group to join or queue for these? If so, how many? 2. Is there a way to gain CP solo? 3. If I need to join a group, what's the best way to do this? I'm currently in a PvE server, sooo.. Should I consider moving to a PvP server?Ellyidol4 Mar 28, 2013
Mar 27, 2013 Help with new character. Help with new character is a level 23 Human Warrior, and unfortunately I became bored of this far to fast. I was wondering if anyone out there could give me an idea of a very fun race-class combo. I have no preference if it is on Alliance or Horde or what role it fills. Also I only have Wrath of the Lich King so no Goblin, Worgen, Pandaren or Monk classes please.Phasmanex14 Mar 27, 2013
Mar 27, 2013 Should RaF have bonus gear? Before you go "RaF is a blessing /rant" hear me out. RaF goes 300% exp. If you and your friend are dungeoning and going as fast as possible, its dang near impossible to keep up. You die, you wipe, terrible experience. I think RaF should have some BoA gear minus the exp boost so that they need can focus on learning the game and the class, because dying isnt fun. It also limits us to dps because you can't heal/tank undergeared. Especially in some cases where the refer doesn't have BoA or they want to move to a different server for the recruitee. Thoughts?Lfrecruiter14 Mar 27, 2013
Mar 27, 2013 my next character So i have this 90 druid and i want a second character my friends have a DK, Priest, mage, lock and a rogue so i dont want to play those characters so what should my alt beHelerel5 Mar 27, 2013
Mar 27, 2013 Pvp Stats? How can I find out how many games I have played this season? Arena is easy to figure out but I cant tell with Rated BGsSharptooth3 Mar 27, 2013
Mar 27, 2013 Do parties need a priest? I'm currently a level 20 Pandaren Priest. I'm also new to the game. Since I am just starting out the story plot is just me completing quests. This is great and I think I'm at a big advantage being a priest. However, I wonder as I get more advanced in the game and begin to join guilds and parties whether guilds and parties need a priest. So, from more experienced players is a priest a commodity in parties? Also, I should note that my specialty as a priest is healing. Thanks for any replies.Fatherfrank3 Mar 27, 2013
Mar 27, 2013 Choose a Class, and other matters Hey. Long-time veteran of WoW here, started playing back in tBC and have been on and off ever since. I recently got back into the game, rolled a monk, etc., but something seems to be missing. I'm looking for a little advice on A) pinning down a good class to 'start fresh' with, and B) on picking a good server to do it on. First things first, a little background. I got interested in WoW back in the summer/fall of '06. I'd played Warcraft III and Frozen Throne, and was (and still am) a huge fan of Penny Arcade. By the time Burning Crusade had come out, the two PA guys had long since stopped playing, but I still wanted to join the PAA (the Penny Arcade Alliance; so many PA fans had rolled on the server that they had to split into 12 guilds just to hold them all). The big problem was, the PAA was on the Alliance side and I liked the Horde. Long story short, I squelched my instinct and went with the ready-made community of the PAA. I joined a guild that I'm still a part of and love to death. But (and you knew there was a 'but'), at this point I'm pretty 'Allianced-out.' I like individual races on the Ally side, but the group as a whole bores me. I think now is a good time to finally indulge my initial attraction to the Horde and talk a walk on the wild side. Problem is, I'm rudderless for the first time...ever. Remember, I started playing WoW with joining a PAA guild in mind; I've never had to 'shop around' or anything before. It was always there. It's both liberating and frightening at the same time. Also, I'm massively indecisive and can't settle on a single class/race combo. (not through choice; I don't want a bunch of alts, I want one main I do most everything on, but I always change my mind halfway through) I'm hoping maybe some pointers here will help me settle down on something long-term. What have you played before? My most extensively played classes are Rogue, Druid, Death Knight and (now) Monk. I've only really played Rogue and DK at level cap, but the others I've spent a lot of time leveling and have a decent grasp on. I've also got mid-level experience with pretty much every class except for Warrior and Paladin. How far did you level it? I had a level 70 Rogue during tBC, switched to a level 80 Death Knight for WotLK, and hit 85 with the same DK in Cata, though I never did anything much after that. I've also leveled a Druid and Monk to Northrend-levels, a Priest and a Shaman to Outland and a Warlock to mid-40s. Describe what you liked and disliked about those classes. Be detailed! You'll notice the highest ones are melee classes. I find melee to be very satisfying; the sound of a pair of daggers slicing the enemy several times a second is music to my ears. I also like how they don't rely on a mana pool; you have more second-to-second resource management, but each fight is a new start; no going /oom here. I also enjoyed the Rogue's stealth very much. I'm sort of a weenie when it comes to PvP, and the best defense is never to be seen at all. On the downside, as a Rogue I hated not being able to get groups (back before Dungeon Finder, natch); nowadays, that translates into long queues for a leveling DPS. I tanked as a DK for a while, but eventually grew to dislike it; I'm not really sure why. As for the others, the Druid, Priest and Shaman were when I got the bug to try healing, something that I did enjoy a lot. Druid was probably my favorite; I liked being able to HoT everything up. Catch was, I didn't much like DPS as any of them, though Balance Druid isn't bad. Monk is fairly recent; I've spent a lot of time leveling up trying to decide if I actually like it or not. Final verdict: Meh. DPS feels like a less-satisfying version of Rogue DPS, tanking left me bewildered (though, that's mostly my fault for first trying it at level 55 in a PuG), and healing...I just don't much like the Soothing Mists mechanic. It just feels...weird. With a friend or alone? What's your friend going to be leveling? Current plans are alone, though I'm not averse to picking up a leveling buddy along the way. Are you leveling via PvE or PvP? Chain-running dungeons? Mostly PvE leveling through quests. As I said, I've decided to roll Horde seriously for the first time and I'd like to see as much of their content as possible. (I've 'dabbled' before, even got a Druid to 45 in tBC before faction/realm changing him) Dungeons would be sprinkled in liberally; WoW's a social game and even a PuG gets some of that in. PvP would be mostly a sideshow until level cap. (Post continued; stupid character limits)Graceland4 Mar 27, 2013
Mar 27, 2013 playing with friend on diff realm. plz help! Hi all! I have a friend who has just come back to WoW (I myself only came back 2 months ago, so I'm only just coming to grips with all the new features). I was wondering if I can get some help in regards to playing with friends who have characters on different realms. I have searched the forum, and have come across a few threads that have answered some general questions, but I have a few specific questions that I would like to ask. Needless to say, I would be greatly appreciative for any help! 1) I am on an oceanic PVP server. My friend is on a oceanic PVE (now called "normal"?) server. He has a level 60 character (alliance) that he has to level. I do not have any level 60-ish characters on ALLIANCE, so if I want to level with him, would the best thing to do is create a new Death Knight (lvl 55) on HIS SERVER? 2) OR can I create the DK on MY server (which is obviously preferable, since I have access to my main's gold/mats)? If I do so, IS IT GUARANTEED that I would be able to play with him? I have read that the CRZ feature is randomised, based upon population and server type. But apparently, even though we are on different realm types (PvE and PvP), if i add him using his battlenet logon name, then we can quest together? Is this true? 3) What happens when we reach level 85 and above? I've read that there is no CRZ in pandaria. So we can no longer play together after that? 4) My other option is to do a faction change with my level 60-ish HORDE characters. My horde characters are still however, on a pvp server (and my friend's is pve). So is this also a viable option? Thank you very much for any information provided!Keylanilei8 Mar 27, 2013
Mar 27, 2013 Professions Hi there! I am still only a noob but enjoying myself immensely playing for the first time with my first toon! I have a question regarding the professions and was after some advice. Being a warrior and such and my style pretty much being "get right in there and kill em all" (may have to revise this) i want to make my toon a Blacksmith to create armour, weapons and socketed items. From what i have read, it would make sense to also be a Miner as a secondary profession so i can actually make the stuff. However reading through the professions i am really keen to also be a Jewlcrafter as well as a Blacksmith. Do you think this would work as a combination? I have no idea how the professions work, availability of resources, can i buy everything i need for these etc, or even where to learn these professions. lol anyway i guess im asking if this could work, or should i combine mining with blacksmithing and perhaps when i create another character make them a jewlcrafter?? Thanking you in advance!!Kazoul9 Mar 27, 2013
Mar 27, 2013 Best Roleplay Server for Horde Characters? I'm a returning player who's interested in starting fresh and rolling a brand new level 1 character. I haven't really played much since the end of BC, and I've come to the conclusion that, this time around, I'd really like to get into some roleplaying. Unfortunately, I hear Horde doesn't do a lot of that, so ... Can anyone recommend me a server that would be best? My first instinct was Argent Dawn, but I've been informed by several people that hardly any RP actually happens there Horde-side. Thanks in advance!Kazaarian9 Mar 27, 2013
Mar 27, 2013 Lower Level DPS Rotations I recently started a Frost Death Knight, and I can't help but notice that (at least my) resource management is in the toilet. I see that quite powerful rotations are available at max level, but currently, everything I can think of leaves me short changed and stuck auto-attacking until my runes regenerate. Are there any rotations for my level that actually work?Alivery0 Mar 27, 2013
Mar 27, 2013 New to WoW? Need Help? Have Questions? Hello "new" or "Returning" veteran players, I'm an avid World of Warcraft player who has played from the start, if you have any questions, concerns, comments, or just want a fellow player to talk to feel free to message me on "Real ID" Real ID: DivineZantix#1328 - GorillaGorillamunch4 Mar 27, 2013
Mar 27, 2013 Holy or Disc priest for 5.2 pve healing? Hi fellow WoW players, I have recently started leveling a priest (lv 55) and although I am specing shadow now, I am looking at healing in the future for raids. So my question is exactly what the title asks, Should I go Holy or Discipline for raiding? Thanks in advance :)Untouchablex2 Mar 27, 2013
Mar 27, 2013 coming back to WOW I've been away for over a year, I've got a new PC and the Panderia coming. I activated a free cata trial so I could post on the forums, but it still says my game license is expired or acct frozen. Does it just take a day or two before I can post on forums? Do I have to install the game? This ancient laptop wont' handle it. I just want to holler at my old guildies to let them know I'm coming back in a week or two.Alleinne2 Mar 27, 2013
Mar 27, 2013 Help with Shaman Totem quests I'm leveling a Tauren, and I remembered about the Shaman totem quests. I searched the internet for how to do them, and it said to talk to Seer Ravenfeather at the first settlement. I talked to her, and she just said the class trainer message, and no quests popped up. Help?Luvdavoodoo2 Mar 27, 2013
Mar 27, 2013 Best Looking Ally Race for Hunters Now I now this is subjective but I would like some of your opinions on the topic for what Ally race looks the best in armor. I am going to resub and have decided to level a Hunter from 1. Have narrowed it down to to Human or NE Female or a Panda Male I think lol. Thanks in advance.Nimdibly8 Mar 27, 2013
Mar 27, 2013 Where to go? Hi, I'm a level 22 Blood Elf and I just completed the Ghostlands and continued the main quest to go to Durator and back to SilverMoon City which ends, Where should I go now? Thanks :DFazeknight1 Mar 27, 2013