New Player Help and Guides

Mar 1, 2013 Recruit a friend... I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place, but I was looking for someone who wants to recruit me. I've played the game before, so not totally a noob. I'd like to play fresh with someone who has some good experience and can help me out. I've stopped playing the game roughly 3-4 months back and would like to come back. I'd like to explore the entire content, doing dungeons/raids/PVP etc. I'm a laid back guy, who likes to have fun. I don't rage, but I do have a competitive side in were I like to get things done. I don't get offended that easily by anything. I cooperate and ask questions when I'm not sure of certain things. I'm not a beggar, nor do I ninja. I was aware of things in Cata, but I see or have heard they have changed, so could use some help with the new stuff. As I said up top I will be looking for an experience player, so if anyone is interested could you please post on your main and if you want to speak privately I have my email at the bottom. I am also looking for some in NA (Canada/US). Thank you for your time.Demøniic9 Mar 1, 2013
Mar 1, 2013 Want to get back into the game, but lost UI I want to get back into the game after unsubbing for a while. However, I deleted my installation and lost my UI from when I was playing. Could anyone recommend a basic UI with all the essentials that retains Blizzard's artstyle? I think my old UI had combat text that showed what abilities you were hitting with, more action bars, health/energy to the side of your character so you could easily look it up and a cool map that let you scroll between zones (open world style). I tried some of curse's addon packs but they're all missing WTF folders so they show up as gobbledy-!@#$ ingame. I also browsed wowinterface's collection but didn't find any I liked (they were too minimalistic, I was missing onscreen information)Kharnamaniac4 Mar 1, 2013
Feb 28, 2013 The ideal kiting class. Hey guys, so basically i'm just starting this game and having a tough time picking the right class. I don't have the time to try out every single class to a certain level just to get the feel of the it. I tend to play kiting classes (instacasts/slows/strife sort of kiting). I'm looking for the WoW equivalent of the lightning Rune Keeper of Lotro. Bunch of instacasts and slows basically. I'm guessing the pick is between frost mage and hunter. Though it seems to me that the hunter has more instacasts which is more appealing to me, only problem is...I HATE pet classes, i can't stand playing them. Thanks in advance <3Molqor13 Feb 28, 2013
Feb 28, 2013 Recommend a Profession. I have just started playing a few days ago. I have yet to pick a profession because I want to pick the one that is best suited for a Warlock. I have checked out all the professions on the wikia, but I have not been able to make a decision. What profession would benefit a Warlock the most?Brelyna10 Feb 28, 2013
Feb 28, 2013 What program to record yourself playing?? Hey Everyone! I want to record myself playing and create awesome videos. Does anyone reccommend a program that lets you record and modify video? Thanks.!Prettikitti3 Feb 28, 2013
Feb 28, 2013 Can I change a specialization? I have dual spec - Arms and Fury. Two DPS that are alike - foolish. Now that I have had a taste of dungeons, I'm thinking of ditching ARMS for Protection/Tank. Can I do this? Thanks, DevDevron4 Feb 28, 2013
Feb 28, 2013 Fastest way to PvE 460 iLevel at 90? What is the fastest way to get your iLevel to 460 at 90? Heroics? Dailies? Where are these dailies? MoP is confusing the heck out of me. :/Healthknight5 Feb 28, 2013
Feb 28, 2013 So the "prepare for 5.2" sale is over, but... ...5.2 isn't here yet. Bliz, I am disappoint.Stuffibear4 Feb 28, 2013
Feb 28, 2013 Pronounce my Character's Name. So, to cut it short, let's just say that character names are very important to me and have a crucial affect on my experience as a whole. After a week of deleting multiple characters I'v finally found a name that I feel comfortable with. Just one problem...I'm not sure how people would pronounce it, which is really bothering me (don't ask why). Anyway, the name is... -Meldur (Edit: deleted a few sentences here so you don't read my way of pronouncing it and give me your initial pronounciation). Please, help out a fellow OCD-suffering player. Thanks in advance!Merigon59 Feb 28, 2013
Feb 28, 2013 How to Threat control multiple enemies I play with my brother most of the time and play a warrior in defensive stance. Aside from no real rage generation aside from a small one from shield bash pretty much limited to basic attacks. Well question really is when multiple mobs attack say 4 how do i pull them all. All I can do is hit one and taunt one. Him being a mage goes down pretty fast. Do I get a AoE taunt eventually or something ?Aliandor5 Feb 28, 2013
Feb 28, 2013 Is the alliance all immature kids or ? Basically im sick of playing now because all I ever hear from anybody is trying to degrade my playing, I cant tell you how much i want to meet these kids and smash their little heads in but obviously that isnt going to happen. Anyways is the horde crowd any different, because the alliance crowd is 80% die hard WoW kids who criticize you for the littlest mistake.Kegnar14 Feb 28, 2013
Feb 28, 2013 Flamescarred draconian deflector NOOOOOOOOOOO Why did it have to be the draconian deflector? Why couldn't they have picked something cool-looking, like Skullflame Shield?Stuffibear2 Feb 28, 2013
Feb 28, 2013 Buying WoW Hey Guys, now I I've in Hong Kong, and I'll be moving to Boston soon, but I'm thinking of Buying WoW for my Birthday, but if I bought it in hong kong, will the account be not able to log in in Boston?Øverwhelm2 Feb 28, 2013
Feb 28, 2013 Scroll of rez? Hey guys, I'm interested in coming back and giving the game another shot, was just wondering if anyone out there would be kind enough to send me a scroll so I can get back to my uber healing ways. Thanks in Advance.Kaluntar1 Feb 28, 2013
Feb 28, 2013 Need help with server choice ok iv seen a few people asking what are some good server for what ever they are looking for but some people say that they are not very specific so here i go this is what im looking for. server faction : Horde iv always been Alliance and want to try something new. Type : PVP or PVE i dont care both good with there own benefits Time Zone : PST or CST i do want to raid and boered of my druid i think hes just a farmer :) Population : high / Med-high please please i want a high pop server. On kilrogg i feel so lonely i want to see more no lifers such as my self up at 3 in the morning and even in the day Semi Decent players : . (period) im semi new to game still need to learn a lot, but i would like to say im an ok player im not the type of Druid that wears boomkin gear is specked feral and q's in a DG for tank =/. i just would like to know that there are good players at what they do, should i ever need help - again for PVP and PVE servers iv try'd that didn't work for me :( Kil'Jaeden Tichondrius - to high pop no no dont want thatKeenak3 Feb 28, 2013
Feb 28, 2013 Bind To Account clarification I am seeing and read about BoA items (Heirlooms, etc) but did not see any specificity towards the number of accounts within one Battle.Net account (WoW1, WoW2, etc). If an Heirloom item is purchased, can it be used across all three of the sub-accounts within the Bnet account? Apologies if this is the wrong forum, thanksBariandaris9 Feb 28, 2013
Feb 28, 2013 FOTM classes What does this mean? I seen it used =.=Momoka4 Feb 28, 2013
Feb 28, 2013 Question about AOE and dps/general in Dungeon Noobish Mage here. Re-subbed recently since WotLK where I was a SUPER casual player (little to no end game pve or pvp experience). I am trying to maximize my efficiency in dungeons so I am not always the lowest dps. On another thread I recieved comments saying I might want to respec as a frost mage because fire is lower damage at lower levels (lower gear), and that there are more AOE opportunities with Frost. So, I am definitely going to give Frost a try. My question concerns AOE in dungeons. I normally, 99% of the time, stick to a single target and only touch an AOE spell when the mobs were super weak (those moments when a whole bunch of super weak mobs charge the party). I was just curious as to whether I should be using more AOE on normal mob groups (like 3-4 more powerful mobs), or if my threat will be too high and they will come after me. Also, along the same lines. If I should be sticking to a single target at times, which target should I choose? I normally wait to see which of the 3-4 targets is losing damage (as in the group is focused on that target) and then start there. This always puts me a second or two behind the rest of the dps. I have just noticed that when I randomly pick a target, after the tank has run in, sometimes that target immediately changes to me. Any information regarding either of these two issues would be so greatly appreciated. Just trying to learn how to be a better damage dealer, lol. Warning people in my pugs that I am still learning doesn't always go over well, hahaha. Luckilly I am not a sensitive person. ;)Lopahn4 Feb 28, 2013
Feb 28, 2013 Forum language filter question I was gone for about a month so I may have missed something, but the past few days I have noticed words that were previously filtered out in the forums are no longer substituted with random punctuation. Most notably, words that have imbedded curse words within them, particularly with the "a-s-s" sequence, and not just in innocuous words but words that are indeed variations on that particular swear. Has anyone else noticed this? Was this an announced thing? and if so: Does anyone know where I could read the updated forum guidelines regarding it? Am I misremembering things and those words were never "bleeped"?Avanna8 Feb 28, 2013
Feb 28, 2013 Need help on decided on a Main,Main Alrighty, first time poster here and have been playing WoW for sometime now. I have to say PvP has changed alot and the BG are fun. But down to the issue for this post, even though I'[ll get alot of "Play what you love" or "Play what you think will be good" reponses. Please don't tell me that I know that. Now, I am calling on the vast knowledge of the players that are more experienced then myself at this game to help me pick a Main (NO HUNTER) that I won't tire of or have an urge to play something else in WoW. I have a Death knight (Seriously though hes not a REAL class) and he is just getting boring to play. Here is what I want out of my choice of class and race in the long run. 1 I am alliance (not Night elf or worgen) 2. I want to be able to have an OK time in PvP at the higher lvls, namely 60 and up. Right now my DK is alright but the Runes are a pain to wait for. 3. A class that is friendly to get the hang of and doesn't require the critical thinking or headaches to get good with (Mastering it will come with time and won't happen over night. I know Mastering a class and being good with a class are TWO DIFFERENT things.). 4. I want to do just about everything I can do in this game (within scope) with this main as main spec and off spec. I don't think it is to much to ask, I know the class exists in this game I just can't see it through my eyes which is why I am calling on your help. Show me some pointers, give me good advice on what you think might fit and save the smart !@# comments and jokes for the others, this is a serious post, Thank you and good day.Raucian7 Feb 28, 2013
Feb 28, 2013 Horde Hey guys, so I just joined the Horde as a Pandaren, and now I'm on like the arena, where the "king" says that he will give me a gift and everything, so he says the following when I enter the portal. "Welcome to the (I don't remember). Make yourself comfortable while I get ready" or something like that, but the point is that I don't know what to do next. Can anybody help me please?Zanthir3 Feb 28, 2013
Feb 28, 2013 Seeking Help for Class Choice Hey all hoping to get some good advice here. Do you want to have a permanent pet? Is a temporary one okay with you? Or does it not matter if you have a pet? It really does not matter to me Are you partial to cloth wearers or do you want a little more bulk in your armor? I do like a little bulk in my armor What have you played in other games before? Maybe you played a caster in another game and liked it, or have a fondness for barbarians/warriors. WoW might have a rough equivalent for you! Ive always played the warrior type of character, though I wouldn't mind expanding my horizon a little bit Do you want to be able to heal yourself and others, or are you okay with lacking those spells? Im not much of a healer, so healing spells aren't that big of a deal for me. Which is your preference: attacking enemies from a distance or being up in their faces? I really can't stand having to play a character that sits and casts spells, thats not to say I don't like playing a ranged character, I just don't like hard casters. And like I said I've always been up in enemies faces so it's something I do enjoy Are you the sneaky type or do you take pleasure ripping out internal organs as a greeting right off the bat? Right off the bat baby, sneaking is not really my thing Do you want to be on the front lines with a shield or watching over your group to keep them safe? No real preference, as long as I'm not casting spells or healing. Will you be leveling with a friend or mostly on your own? If you're doing it with a friend, what are they planning to level, or have they not decided yet? Solo Have you read about classes at all yet? If so, what stands out as interesting to you? Have you tried any classes already? I've seen my friend play his death knight and that was pretty cool, but we want to play together end game so I really don't want us playing the same class. Other than that I haven't really played too much, but the classes that stand out to me are warriors, shaman, paladins, hunters, and perhaps warlocks. I really don't want to play as an animal so probably won't go druid. Are you interested in the lore or story of Warcraft? Some classes have a lot of easily-absorbed lore while others are a little "less detailed" in their history. I love me some lore, in fact the world of warcraft book series was a major factor in me starting this game. However I feel that every class has it's own easily immersible story so this ones not a big deal to me. Interested in roleplaying at all? This goes with the previous question, but some races/classes are easier to roleplay as a newbie than others (with lots of history to adhere to). I will not be role playing Do any of the races stick out to you as being attractive? Not every race can be every class, so if you have an early favorite (or if you really dislike one in particular) this can narrow things down. I'll be going Horde because I love their story, so epic. As for races, no undead or goblin. Thanks a lot for the read, cant wait to here what you have to sayGáz1 Feb 28, 2013
Feb 28, 2013 Addon..help? Hi, i am doing a trial version and cannot figure out how to turn my addons on..Khroray12 Feb 28, 2013
Feb 27, 2013 WoW soundtrack I looked through all the forum titles and not sure where to ask this but I always get helpful answers here :) I am going on an 18 hour drive next week, and I LOVE that WoW soundtrack, is there anywhere to get it/parts of it for free? If not is there a place I can purchase it? ThanksValthic1 Feb 27, 2013
Feb 27, 2013 Who cast that buff? I have often had buffs cast on me, and want to thank the caster, but can't tell who did it. I have a combat log filter set to display everything done to me, but the buffs don't show up there. Is there anyway to detect who cast a buff on you?Erk1 Feb 27, 2013
Feb 27, 2013 Scroll of ressurection I was a long time player quit around the start of cataclysm came back with mists recently and a trial account wondering if someone will send a scroll to my old account so i can get the free cata upgrade and you can get your "insert spectral mount" hereHaliga3 Feb 27, 2013
Feb 27, 2013 AOE Grinding Location FAST RESPAWN Not sure if this really belongs here but I had such a swell time at this spot that I figured I would post here. Video: ... The video shows it all but for those who don't wanna watch. 1. In Northrend, Dragonblight head to Galakrond's Rest. 2. There will be a big crater in the ground filled with zombies and giants ignore this. 3. There are 4 smaller craters surrounding it each filled with zombies head to one of these 4. Run through the pack of zombies and then AOE them down with your favorite class 5. Fly to next Crater and continue in a loop. 6. Zombie Timers are super short so have fun and don't forget to dungeon it up.Magermaniacx14 Feb 27, 2013
Feb 27, 2013 Account upgrading. How long does it take for a trial account upgrade to take effect? Im not too worried about it because I just did it like 10 minutes ago but I bought the Battle Chest which came with a month of playing time and when I log into my account it still says its a starter edition.Gannes2 Feb 27, 2013
Feb 27, 2013 Haven't played in 2 years! Starting over? So the title says it all, I havent played in over two years. I have no idea what the hell it is I am doing. I want to start over but unsure as to what class to make, My girlfriend also just started playing as a BE Hunter, Id like to be able to play as an efficient party. As I said, I forgot absolutely everything haha. Any input would be appreciated! SycSuicideCañnibal10 Feb 27, 2013
Feb 27, 2013 Ranged dps and ninja-ing mobs I am wondering if I am inadvertently being a jerk in the game these days. Twice I've had another player call me really nasty names for doing this. Thanks to cross-realm, some areas are over crowded and the mobs are not easy to find. As a hunter, sometimes I will just put on my tracking, get on a mount and ride out to the nearest blip on my radar. Both times I was called a nasty name, there was a melee guy running in the opposite direction of me on foot. I got down and started shooting the mob I was tracking and I didn't even see the melee player chasing after the mob until I was already attacking it. Now I have rolled a melee character and have had this happen to me. It was frustrating - especially as a rogue because I was sneaking around and even though I knew there was no way the ranged dps could see me from far away, it FELT like a ninja. The ranged dps "stole" my monster I was searching for desperately. Is there any way for ranged dps - especially hunters - to be more considerate of the melee folk -- epsecially the rogues? Or is trouncing their kills just part of being ranged dps -- and getting people to fail to notice you as you stalk prey part of being a rogue?Zarsha6 Feb 27, 2013
Feb 27, 2013 PVPing Hello guys: So I just wanted to ask you the following question: • Can you go PVP the capital city of the other faction (like go people on the other faction's capital) and get to kill people even if they are not flagged ON A "NORMAL" type server? If I could get an answer ASAP, It would be appreciated. Thank youZelander4 Feb 27, 2013
Feb 27, 2013 Server choice Hey all, sorry if this is a beaten topic, but I am considering rerolling onto a new server, and just have a couple questions 1)do the timezone choices affect anything? 2)this question is a bit more general, I would like to reroll on a nonpvp server, so normal, rp, anything like that. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions of servers that seem to have a wide variety of focus (pve,pvp,rp,etc) and a relatively balanced horde to alli ratio. Thanks a bunch in advance and sorry for any typos, I'm using an iPad atm.Zoldah5 Feb 27, 2013
Feb 27, 2013 Rage of a Warrior Hey guys, I just wanted to get some feedback on the following question: •How does Rage work? How do I make it go up? Why does it go down? If I could please get an answer to that, that would be appreciated. Thank YouZelander3 Feb 27, 2013
Feb 27, 2013 Which horde leveling zone? I'm making an undead hunter and haven't seen the cataclysm Mulgore or Durotar questlines yet. which one should I level through? also what hunter spec?Elveria5 Feb 27, 2013
Feb 27, 2013 Best place to get better armor at level 20. For right now im playing on the starter edition, I plan on upgrading within the next week but until then I need something to do because im already maxed out at level 20. I dont know if I can get much better armor than what I have at level 20 because im really new to this game, but if there is where can I get it?Gannes3 Feb 27, 2013
Feb 27, 2013 help with gear where do I find trinkets such as rings headgear? where do I find wandsElfereese5 Feb 27, 2013
Feb 27, 2013 help re rolling hey i have played a warrior til level 60, a monk til level,35, shaman 41,mage 32, spriest 26, pally 20, warlock,20,druid 14, hunter 14, dk only for 20 minutes, rogue til 14 and i really want to know what gameplay, what it is good on and if it is good in arenas. i just want personal opinions to know more about the game. i don't really want to tank or heal i like big burst, damage to a lot of enemies and an ok survivabilitySånti11 Feb 27, 2013
Feb 27, 2013 Next Step... Hey, guys: So I just got to Stormwind after finishing the missions on the Pandaren Island, but now I want to know, Where should I go next? Could I please get some feedback on what to do next? Where to go, Any special/good/recommended quests to do? Every feedback is appreciated.Zelander4 Feb 27, 2013
Feb 27, 2013 escape from low levels sought I am unable to escape the low levels because I keep getting bored of my toons before they reach level 20. I haven't logged into this toon in about four or five days because I'm already bored of her. In fact, I doubt I've played WoW at all for more than a total of 15 minutes over the past two days. I need to find some way to zip from level 1 to level 30 as quickly as possible and start doing content I haven't done a trillion times before, do some new dungeons and BGs I'm unfamiliar with. Does anyone have any solutions they can recommend? I know power levelling guides exist, but they're exclusively aimed at players who already have several level 90 toons and BoAs coming out of their butt, which I don't. This game has a lot to offer, but I have yet to see more than about 10% of it, and I've seen that 10% so many times that it's putting me into a coma. Please help.Germet4 Feb 27, 2013
Feb 27, 2013 question on pvp !! hey here i got a question, i want to make a new pvp char i just restart should i make a mage,rogue or warrior please give me ur opinion thanks!!Apostrophee1 Feb 27, 2013
Feb 26, 2013 A few newbie questions Hello all, I want to start off by thanking all of those who reply to my questions its very helpful and much appreciated. I used to play wow a long time ago before any of the fancy lich king or expansions came so I'm very out dated so I'm just deciding to start fresh. I loved playing my warlock and my hunter, the problem is I'm not sure if I want to play blood elf or human/night elf for these classes. #1 What is more fun to level a lock or a hunter and why? #2 What can make more money leveling and grinding, a lock or hunter? Considering they both have pets (or minion sin lock's case) to tank things. #3 What is a better race/faction to play these classes? Is racial better for human lock or is alliance better for locks? Is their any difference between blood elf lock and human minus racial spells and horde or alliance? #4 What's a better area to level up in? Currently blood elf is as easy as human but when I've been traveling for fun on a scout character it seems like the city's and terrain of the horde is a lot harder to navigate and use. #5 What's the best Horde and Alliance servers? I used to play on Kalethos I think it was called, but I have no idea now what the most populated and friendly servers are. I mostly PvE, I occasionally battleground or something though for fun. I don't want to be like the server I'm currently on (proudmoore) which as a blood elf is terrible, no one is around anywhere. Thanks again for any reply's. I know my question's seem a little biased or frequently asked, however I've done a lot of research on these topics and I find all old info, nothing 2012+ so I'm not sure current patch what's better to play and what not. I mean last I played locks got succubus at like level 30ish and I got lost trying to go to the horde lands for the quest (never completed it) and we had the old old skill trees. So I'm very lost now modern day wow.Melilyn5 Feb 26, 2013
Feb 26, 2013 2 Questions Hi everyone, I have two questions. The first is if there is a way to see the exp gains in the chat log. The second question has to do with mounts. On my horde characters I have all the faction mounts because, apparently, I have bought all the alliance faction mounts after getting exalted with those factions. However, my brother does not have the horde faction mounts unlocked even though he has bought all the alliance faction mounts. What gives?Nitro7 Feb 26, 2013
Feb 26, 2013 Keeping an Eye on resources? So this is a borderline addon question, but I'd rather just get some advice than have yet another addon installed. Pretty much I'm just looking for any help on how to keep a better eye on my resources. I'm always mashing buttons waiting for my energy to regen, or alternating between two buttons trying to build my rage enough to use a different skill. So how do you guys keep an eye on it and still watch the fight? If I keep an eye on my character, I don't really watch my nameplate, and if I watch my nameplate, I end up losing track of where I am, which is a huge problem in dungeons when the tank is running around. I've been thinking of getting ICEhud, and I've seen people move the name plates near the center of the screen, but I'd like to keep my screen as decluttered as I can.Scallops4 Feb 26, 2013
Feb 26, 2013 Why do I need constant armor repairs? Hi, I'm not necessarily a noob, but I still think my thread should be in this section. Basically, I noticed recently that I am having to repair my armor and weapons WAY more often than I used to, and I think that may be because I'm leveling. Can anyone tell me if I am right, and if there is a way to improve my armor so I don't need to pay so much attention to my durability level?Tazcat14 Feb 26, 2013
Feb 26, 2013 Whose realm do I get transferred to? When joining a cross-realm group, is it always the group leader's realm that everyone gets transferred to?Inphinity2 Feb 26, 2013
Feb 26, 2013 Druid tanking help So, not exactly a new player, but I didn't want to put this in the druid thread. My issue is that I am not sure if I am playing my role correctly. I am a tank with 474 ilvl, and am hit capped and expertise soft capped. The issue is that I find that I don't have much mitigation at all. I recently did a MSV last night, and a guild healer told me that they had to spam a large heal on me constantly. So, what are some suggestions, I have little to no mastery and try to get rid of it as much as possible; and I also have little to no dodge rating, since savage defense gives me dodge. So my question is from my armory and what I have just told you what can I do to improve my passive and active mitigation (aside from savage defense); and if anyone knows a tip to increase AoE threat. Thanks in advanceBelberinth9 Feb 26, 2013
Feb 26, 2013 Look for guild that plays in the morning I am current back playing on WOW after 2 years. Since the BC i was playing in EU servers which didn't have any problems as there would be people on my guild and we would be able to raid at night or dungeons. Since then I have come back to Hong Kong and Now I have to play on US servers the time difference can make raiding or guild activities pretty much non existence as in US server. I am currently in Aggramar.. Just wondering if there is any Guild more active than my one now since only 5 ppl would be on when i join. Thanks in advance.. I would like to play some end game raids eventually :) not solo or random raidsEnrza2 Feb 26, 2013
Feb 26, 2013 Choosing trinkets Posting this here as I feel it is a noob question and something I should probably know already. Is it better to have a lower level trinket that increases your primary stat (intellect) vs. a higher level trinket with only secondary stats, but has some added damage ability? Since the "on use" abilities differ among trinkets, what is the best way to determine if a trinket is better other than shift/clicking and looking at the the +green stats. I have another level 90 toon (rogue) that still has his cata trinkets equipped because they have +agility even though he has about 10 other much higher level trinkets without agility in his bags, such as the ghost iron dragonling.Thornscar11 Feb 26, 2013
Feb 26, 2013 New char Do you want to have a permanent pet? Is a temporary one okay with you? Or does it not matter if you have a pet? Doesn't matter Are you partial to cloth wearers or do you want a little more bulk in your armor? Prefer mail or plate What have you played in other games before? Maybe you played a caster in another game and liked it, or have a fondness for barbarians/warriors. WoW might have a rough equivalent for you! I mainly some kind of melee class in other games. In WoW I've played pally hunters and priests. Do you want to be able to heal yourself and others, or are you okay with lacking those spells? Prefer to be able to heal. Which is your preference: attacking enemies from a distance or being up in their faces? Up close Are you the sneaky type or do you take pleasure ripping out internal organs as a greeting right off the bat? Never been much for rogues or assassins Do you want to be on the front lines with a shield or watching over your group to keep them safe? Up front with a shield Will you be leveling with a friend or mostly on your own? If you're doing it with a friend, what are they planning to level, or have they not decided yet? With a friend and alone Have you read about classes at all yet? If so, what stands out as interesting to you? Have you tried any classes already? Yes I've about most classes. Pally and Druids seems like good classes. I've played pally hunters and priests Are you interested in the lore or story of Warcraft? Some classes have a lot of easily-absorbed lore while others are a little "less detailed" in their history. Doesn't really matter Interested in roleplaying at all? This goes with the previous question, but some races/classes are easier to roleplay as a newbie than others (with lots of history to adhere to). Not really Do any of the races stick out to you as being attractive? Not every race can be every class, so if you have an early favorite (or if you really dislike one in particular) this can narrow things down. For the horde! This is just basically see what others think honestly Druids and pallys sound the best but I'm open to see what else is out there.Kiritox7 Feb 26, 2013