New Player Help and Guides

Feb 24, 2013 How to make macros? Ok, so I rolled a Warlock, they sounded fun and looked cool, so far im really liking it. I enjoy having so many diferent spells for so many different situations, but im gaining abilities far to quickly, or at least more quickly then i am used to. My actionbars are getting clogged, and I see to solutions. I want to make a macro that has all my DoTs on it, but I am clueless of how to make macros do anything other than make me say things. Can you guys tell me how to make macros that have multiple abilities on them? My other question is can I keybind the spells I have on the optional action bars, you know the ones that are transparent, you turn on in the interface thing, and are above the default action bar. If so can someone tell me how? Thanks so much guys, I really appreciate it. PS. I am really lvl 14, the forum is slow at updating or something lol.Maronys25 Feb 24, 2013
Feb 23, 2013 [Nevermind] I just bought World of Warcraft: Battle Chest online and it says my account is active but when in game it asks me to upgrade to Cataclysm or play free trial so I usually select free trail. I've been playing on a Blood Elf and when I try to whisper someone or talk in other channels it won't let me. Does anyone know why? I still have a month left. --- Forget all above. I didn't realize it can take up to 72 hours for the upgrade to fully process.Verlixi1 Feb 23, 2013
Feb 23, 2013 Battle.net WoW Accounts. Hi guys! I've played world of warcraft since TBC but i need some help. Me and my brother have played on the same account forever. But now when this battle.net account sharing my own account and hes is put together on the same battle.net account. And i heard that its again the rules except if its parent and child. But we are brothers and not parent and child. So i wonderd if its still unacceptable to do it with brother and brother in the same family?Wedlocken4 Feb 23, 2013
Feb 23, 2013 310% Mount speed Hi Everbody, I have a snowy gryphon. Do I need to upgrade to a swift mount to fly at 310% speed? Does the snowy gryphon scale with my riding skill? I read on wow wiki that I need a 310% mount to fly max speed. Is that true?Venquix7 Feb 23, 2013
Feb 23, 2013 need help choosing a pvp class Im looking for a good pvp class..i dont care about caster and im looking for a class that good on pvp and can tank so im not sure between druid,warrior and paladin.( dont want a dk cuz i have one 2 yr ago and i dont care about healing because i have a priest) Which one is better for dps and why I not gonna play arena...it mostly for random Bg Thank youDancingelmo1 Feb 23, 2013
Feb 23, 2013 Bringing someone new in, where to start? So I'm finally getting my girlfriend to play some WoW with me and I need to know where to start with it. I just came back about a month ago and I've been having a lot of fun rolling Horde for the first time on a PvP server and have just found a guild that I really like. The only problem is I'm not really sure if I should bring her into the same server since I don't know if she'll take kindly to the gankfest that can go on. Is there any thoughts on this? I'd really hate to reroll ANOTHER character now just to play with her. I also am looking for suggestions on what a good starting character is. I know they are all pretty forgiving for learning on, but she's rolling a warlock when we played for a few minutes last time, and I just don't think that it's a great class to start on, what with the DOT Managment and all. What really launched me into the game was a Ret Pally, since they were decent for solo questing and all. Last, if she Starts a character on another server, can we play together doing cross realm? My accounts are both on the same Bnet account, so I only have the one Battletag/RealID and I can't seem get it to let me friend myself 'n all. Should I just go in for a new copy and an Authent' right off the bat? It is on sale and all. The only upside to staying on the same Bnet account I see is that We would both get access to the same mounts and pets. TL:DR Would it be a bad Idea to have a new player roll on a PvP realm? Whats a good starting class to have a new player start with if you're always going to quest together? Is there a way to RealID/Btag Cross realm your own two accounts, or would it be easier to just get a new Bnet/copy of the game?Endives9 Feb 23, 2013
Feb 23, 2013 Help! - Im new Hey everyone, I am still pretty new to the game and I have many questions that I would like to ask. To make it easier, I would like to use AIM, so that I can ask the questions more rapidly without having to wait for responding posters. My aim is wadsy@ymail.com. -Thanks in advance guys.Broncs5 Feb 23, 2013
Feb 23, 2013 A few MOP questions I bought the battle chest a week ago and activated it, I also bought the Cata expansion but haven't activated that yet so I was wondering when I activate it do I get a free 7 day trial of MOP? Also I have a few questions on top of that: -Would I be able to play the monk class? -Also is it like a regular trial where you can only go to level 20 or can you go higher than that? -If I make a panda character and have it rest at an Inn or City and don't come back to play it for a few years, would it be possible that the rested XP/blue bar goes all the way to 90 or whatever the level cap is in like 1-2 years? ThanksDwarfmageguy4 Feb 23, 2013
Feb 23, 2013 Dear Warlocks Ive been playing a dk for a few days now, and Ive made it my main. But i was definitely leaning on making a warlock my main. Convince me? Im mainly looking to do raid and dungeons, not much pvpArcticgale7 Feb 23, 2013
Feb 23, 2013 Stormwind to Argent Vanguard the title say it all, how can I get there, I'm on trial!?Øverwhelm3 Feb 23, 2013
Feb 23, 2013 Shaman Help 80 Dungeons I just started to play on this old account again. I got a Scroll of Resurrection and decided on a Shaman to boost to level 80. Now I haven't ran dungeons since the beginning of Wrath, so SO much has changed. Would anybody help me with playing a Ele or Resto Shaman? Being level 80 can anyone tell me a Elemental Rotation or Spell priority list? Also same for healing as a Restoration Shaman? I would very much appreciate help or a point in the direction of some help. Thank YouDelsar5 Feb 23, 2013
Feb 23, 2013 Haste Stacking Question Hello Everyone, I am new to WoW and am kind of enjoying playing it, though I find some concepts hard to grasp... Hopefully you guys can help me :D. Does Icy Veins, Frost Armor and the Troll racial stack?... I can tell it works for Scorch and Frost Bolt... but not so sure about Blizzard... What other uses does this have, besides spamming these 2 spells when I activate these abilities. Is stacking Haste and Intellect the way I should be playing? Thank you in advance.Drunkenmage1 Feb 23, 2013
Feb 23, 2013 the Roses for Love is in the Air achive working on my last achive for this event.. but Not sure What Dungions I am supose to be runing to find the Red or Black roses. Any clue ? not much time left to find them.Mizjoha9 Feb 23, 2013
Feb 23, 2013 Looking for specif guild How can I search for a specific guild that I want to join?Aradawn3 Feb 23, 2013
Feb 23, 2013 Inviting crossrealm If I was invited to a different server (Through realID) and was phased to that server, would I be able to then invited others from my server to the crossrealm group allowing them to phase to the 2nd server?Sillysauce1 Feb 23, 2013
Feb 22, 2013 Lockbox drops I haven't noticed any lockboxes dropping while I was in a dungeon, but Mr. Teapray and I had one drop the other day while we were grouping. I know it is just a matter of time before they start showing up for me as I use the Dungeon Finder. Poking around in the General forum, I sometimes see rants about peole who roll need on them, and counter rants about people who roll greed. There seems to be strong feelings about this issue. How important is the loot that typically comes from a lockbox? What should I be rolling as when one happens to drop? I'm more interested in focusing on my healing in a group than creating/listening to drama.Teapray3 Feb 22, 2013
Feb 22, 2013 help leveling so i had a 43 warrior but got rid of him because i found out i like healing better, so i was wondering if anybody could let me know what a fast way to level up isAcemaster3 Feb 22, 2013
Feb 22, 2013 Question about twinks Can I lock my XP at level 10 and play at regular battlegrounds? Thanks in advance ScottScott8 Feb 22, 2013
Feb 22, 2013 expertise I don't understand the concept of expertise. Can someone clear it up for me?Germet8 Feb 22, 2013
Feb 22, 2013 Best class and spec to pair with hunter My wife and I recently came back to wow and she is playing a hunter. I'm trying to decide whether it would be best to pair her with a shaman or a mage and what spec for either of those. If you think shaman, please tell me what spec and if you think mage, please tell me what spec. I'm really interested to here the why of your opinion, so please give me details! Thanks!Mnemonikos3 Feb 22, 2013
Feb 22, 2013 So gold is pretty much meaningless? I just wanted to confirm if it's alright to drop both of my gathering professions for crafting ones (for the stat bonuses). The gathering professions are a reliable source of income. It seems crafting professions require more knowledge and experience to make a profit out of. But, to me, it seems dallies plus selling unneeded drops from instance runs can cover all mainstream gold costs for min/maxing your character. These include: repair bills, gems, enchants, food buffs, skill purchases from NPCs, etc. The only important costs that you realistically need large amounts of gold for seem to be: - Acquiring very new upgrades for which there isn't a large supply yet (e.g. epic gems during the beginning of 5.2). But this is only significant if you are super serious about maximizing your performance every step of the way. - Fast leveling of crafting professions that requires a gathering for which you don't have. But you can always take it slowly and level gathering on an alt yourself. Apart from that, it seems the only thing you realistically need vast amounts of gold for are particular: - Collecting pets or mounts. - Twinking. - Asking favors of people. - Etc. And so it follows that additional gold generating methods, such as e.g. playing the AH, farming gathering nodes, selling crafting items, etc. aren't truly necessary. Right?Amelica15 Feb 22, 2013
Feb 22, 2013 Quest question Please someone help me i have been at this for 3 days now. im working on the recover bones quest in terokar(sp) forest , i can't seem to locate who im supposed to give the bones to , it says go to the ring of something sorry i just don't remember it's name and meet john smith , i arrive at that place but i can't find him , i see his yellow question mark on my mini map , it says im right there but i have looked high and low , i have flown up high and as far as i can see there's no basement. so why can't i find him and next to him is another quest. i tried asking in game but noone ever repliesGreatyoda5 Feb 22, 2013
Feb 22, 2013 Love in the air quests Does anyone know all the cities that there are love in the air quests for alliance? I was trying to see if a city in pandaria has them but I can't find them. Trying to earn that mount but I'm running out of time.Ameliawillam3 Feb 22, 2013
Feb 22, 2013 Daggers Do any of you know where I can find like a set of cool glowing daggers at level 62? I see all the other rogues in pvp with them, and was wondering how they get them! Maybe heirlooms? I and I guess I see how someone could have one, but two?? how the heck do you get two matching daggers? Is their a specific quest or dungeon? -ThanksDylawles14 Feb 22, 2013
Feb 22, 2013 Gear wise Want to make sure gear wise for myself. For the vets out there with else/restro shamans, is my gear at least "OK" for my level? I seem to be healing great during PvP which I've always came in the top 3 but get killed quite easily due to a restro shaman needs to be killed. Any suggestions?Doomgemar7 Feb 22, 2013
Feb 22, 2013 cod mail simple question, i recenly had someone send me something over cod mail, and its 12k, i have the money, but where am i supposed to look for it, cus i looked in the mail, but theres nothing, is it somewhere else?Ermonia2 Feb 22, 2013
Feb 22, 2013 Keybinding in Raid for healing I searched the all mighty Google and couldn't come up with an answer to this question so i hope you all may be able to help. I just started doing raids so this problem has never been a factor for me before I play a disc/holy priest and according to how the healing spells work it will heal up to 5 players. So in a 25 man raid, there are 5 groups with 5 players in them. If i select player 1 in group 1, when i cast a spell like prayer of healing, those 5 players (as long as they are in range) will all benefit from the AoE heal. In a party setting its easy, i just use numbers 1-5 above the keyboard to select the party member for the direct heal. Is there a way to bind the keys so that lets say i press the 2 key, it selects the first person is group 2, and if i press the 3 key it selects the first person in group 3 and so on?Timëlord4 Feb 22, 2013
Feb 22, 2013 Selecting a class after a long while. So I haven't played this game in a while and am looking to find a class to thoroughly enjoy. A little background. I played a Ret pally in BC and that was the best time of WoW. The play style was amazing. I tried playing when I renewed my account but it seems so different now. I play a Vigilance guardian in SWTOR because of its similarity to the old Ret pally. In Tera I preferred a slayer. I like momentum based, building up for a big hit. I also like burst dps. I'm open to try new classes. Any ideas?Synral7 Feb 22, 2013
Feb 21, 2013 Returning player questions It's been nearly a year since I played, and so I have a couple of questions that I'm having difficulty finding out about. I don't know if this is the right place but I need help so here it goes. Question 1) Has drops from mobs been scaled back? I came back and puttered around in one of the instances or dungeons, Blackholme Deep? and would do a run to attract multiples because I was looking for a recipe that drops there. However, I found after killing five mobs, I recieved two items for the entire group, a clam and shiny scales, and could not check the other mob corpses. I thought that maybe because my felguard killed some I had lost items, no biggie, but then I tried it again only with felguard unsummoned and found that a similar thing happened with two items for the entire group. Is this a bug or a new patch item? Since I know a lot of people before I left last year were complaining about drop rates being too high or something. Question 2) Is Bane of Doom no longer a part of the warlock's spells unless metamorphed into a demon? Because I tried to place it in my action bar and it wouldn't move there from the spellbook though other spells could be moved just fine. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me, because I received Mists as a gift and have no clue about half the stuff anymore in game.Daimonmortis6 Feb 21, 2013
Feb 21, 2013 Help with a new char pick I'm tring to pick between warlock, priest, or mage but am not sure which one to try since I have never tried any of these classes before. •What have you played before? hunter, dk, shaman •How far did you level it? hunter 90 dk 61 shaman 13 •Describe what you liked and disliked about those classes. Be detailed! hunter- I liked having a pet to help help with mobs. I didn't really care for doing pvp as a hunter. dk- when questing seemed to take mobs down pretty quick. I just didn't care for meleeing in dungeons. shaman - I got bored with this class so didn't get to far. I know I didn't give it much chance but just couldn't get into playing it. •With a friend or alone? What's your friend going to be leveling? I do quests alone and dungeons will be done with dungeon finder most likely •Are you leveling via PvE or PvP? Chain-running dungeons? leveling will be done both questing and dungeons •Will you be doing primarily raids/dungeons at level cap (PvE) or knocking the opposing faction in the balls over a flag (PvP)? at level cap I will be trying to get finished all other quests that I didn't get done while leveling up. I'll probably be doing some dungeons as well. I have not done any raids but would like to give it a try. I would also like to give pvp more of a try as well. •Will you be multiboxing or just playing a single character? single character •Race preference? Either for looks or the actual racials (or lore!). I don't really care about racials or lore. I prefer to play either Draenei, Night Elf, Blood Elf, Goblin, or a Pandaren •Heals/tank/DPS? What's your style for DPS - melee or ranged? I have only played dps chars, but I like range over melee fighting. I have never tried a heal char but am willing to try •Any favorite game mechanics? (DoTs, HoTs, stealth, mana, etc) I don't really have any preference but DoTs are nice •Hybrid or pure? Does it matter? either hybrid or pure class is fine with me •Pet or temporary pet or none at all? Does it matter? pets and temporary pets are nice to have when questing alone, but in dungeons they can be nice but also a hassle to. •Throw in any extra details here: I have cloth heirloom items since I would like to make a mage, warlock, or priest I hope that is helpful in helping me pick whick on to make. Thanks for any help given.Velrinn2 Feb 21, 2013
Feb 21, 2013 "Shift key" looting ability is broken? Hey guys, I really need to know this last question I got. I'm getting sick and tired of messing with this mouse so much but it seems I have to only to loot mobs. I tried check marking the loot box to use ctrl,shift.alt. but they don't work. Has blizz or any other ppl have had problems with this?Illmaster7 Feb 21, 2013
Feb 21, 2013 Upgraded Trial Account But Can't Post I recently upgraded my account to trial to starter but I still without can post in the forums, is it normal?Dacrow1 Feb 21, 2013
Feb 21, 2013 Is the Brady's guide updated? Purchased the game after playing the Starter Edition, and to my surprise we could download a copy of Brady's guide for WoW. Is it updated though with major changes in the past? I noticed it covers Cataclysm, but I'm wondering if its updated with other major changes since Cataclysm. ThanksBeliskner5 Feb 21, 2013
Feb 21, 2013 Target Marker Icons, Seen by? I wasn't able to find the help I needed using the search, so forgive me if it's been said before... I have wondered if the target marker icons that can be placed on NPCS and players - are they visible by everyone? or are they visible to you and if you are in a party, those members? I like to mark some NPCs from time to time, making them easier for me to see and locate again when returning to them. I'm wondering if my habit is annoying other players by seeing my marker. Asking in-game, I haven't received a definitive answer, so I thought I would ask here. Thanks for any help - much appreciated! :)Linzhi10 Feb 21, 2013
Feb 21, 2013 Quest Progression Hi everyone, I just started playing this game last week and I'm really enjoying it so far. I've briefly played FFXI before and that game had definite 'storyline quests' that progressed the game along. I haven't gotten very far in this world yet and I think I have the jist of what's going on so far (I'm horde, go kill alliance) but I was wondering if there are any quests that propel the story along? For example, I expected to get more quests from Baine Bloodhoof after exploring the dungeon but nothing happened there. I read and hear about all these exciting things that have happened (for instance, Cairne fighting Garrosh) but do these ever take place within the actual game? I don't think I'm missing any quests... I've been pretty good at completing every quests in an area before moving on, but I'm starting to think that's a bad idea because I'm just so overpowered for what I'm currently doing (finishing up quests in Azshara before moving on to Ashenvale). Anyways, I was just curious about how the storyline is revealed in this game if at all. Any tips or help is appreciated! Thanks !!Rockish6 Feb 21, 2013
Feb 21, 2013 Feed Pet? i have just come back from a break and i want to know do u need to feed ur pet at all anymore or what? I confused and any help would be great. ThanksChakax7 Feb 21, 2013
Feb 21, 2013 Ya cahn't get theyah from heeyah ... I'm in the Eastern Kingdoms, and I've got a couple of Hero's Calls and a daily in Kalimdor. But I'm stumped as to how to get there. Somebody gimme a clue, or tell me where to look for one.Menschenhass4 Feb 21, 2013
Feb 21, 2013 Returning WOTLK/Cata player Good morning, I started playing a little before TBC was released, and I believe I stopped at about midway through Cataclysm due to personal reasons (college, man!). Could anyone either give a run down of the big changes in MOP, or could link me to somewhere that gives a list of what is different/new compared to the last expansion? I have a decent idea already, but if there is a comprehensive list out there already, I'd like to read it to make sure that I didn't miss anything. Thank you!Solicer4 Feb 21, 2013
Feb 21, 2013 Loot Priority Prefs during Dungeon Finder??? Hey all. I'm still relatively new and didn't see any better category for this question. Anyway - I use the Dungeon Finder to quest with players in random dungeons. I don't know if I somehow put on a preference somewhere or not, but I can't always seem to pick up the loot I want because "Need" isn't available. When I form my own groups with IRL friends, I can change the way loot is picked up. During Dungeon Finder, even if I am the leader of group, it doesn't seem to be anywhere to change. Earlier tonight I was questing and an awesome cloth chest piece dropped, but "Need" wasn't available. I hovered over it and it says my class doesn't qualify for Need? I'm a mage, but yet a Warrior "Needed" it and picked it up, and then wouldn't trade because he says I shouldn't have picked greed???? HUH!? What am I not understanding here? The game doesn't always seem to know what its talking about or I'm confused.Denethenor9 Feb 21, 2013
Feb 21, 2013 first time doing dungeons? hello all- I am new to this forum and new to WoW. My highest character is at level 24 and I've just been questing to gain experience, but I would like to start doing dungeons. Some dungeons that are around my level are Deadmines (below my level), BFD, and Stockade. If anyone has any advice as to which dungeon to do first, which gear to equip and what I would do as a DPS (assuming this would be my role since it is my first dungeon). Thanks!Niallminaj4 Feb 21, 2013
Feb 21, 2013 Bad Dungeon Run (long post) I just spent a frustrating hour in a dungeon. The first Dire Maul one maybe? I dunno. It was my first time in it. So of course, the game decided I should be the leader. Fine. I just follow the tank, hope everyone does the same, and do my level best to keep everyone alive. I let everyone know that I am a new player, and in this dungeon for the first time. It didn't go so well. The group kept constantly splitting up. I stayed with the tank, the dps was everywhere. My policy is that if someone runs off from the tank and healer, they are on their own. I'm not chasing down soloers. We wiped a few times. The tank didn't really seem to know what he was doing. Fair enough, I'm not sure that I do either. It was hard to kill stuff with the DPS scattering. After the second wipe, the tank lay where he died and refuse to run back until someone rezzed him. I was running back, but I didn't really know where he was. It was pretty annoying. Someone else voted to kick, and without qualm I voted for it, and then ignored him so I wouldn't group with him again. We got a new tank. A gobby! Yay! I of course stick with him, and he seemed to know what he was doing much better. But we did miss a boss. The DPS realized it, and ran off to get him, leaving me and the tank to deal with the mobs he had already pulled. We killed them all, but it took over 5 minutes because the DPS was sitting the boss waiting for us. I asked the group to stick together a few time, but just got ignored. We finally kill the last boss and finish. I levelled and we were ultimately successfully, but I felt this run was much harder than it had to be. I know that know that none of you were there and can only go by my perception of the run. Still, from what I've said, is there anything I could have done as the leader and healer to have made this easier? I love being the healer in a group, and am just doing dungeons with this character. I'd like to get better at it if I could.Teapray48 Feb 21, 2013
Feb 21, 2013 /tar if im looking for an npc /tar whoever will show them on mini map?Muffalita4 Feb 21, 2013
Feb 20, 2013 Hi! I'm New - I want to progress in WoW. Well I'm kind of new lol. I played EU for a few months where a friend boosted me to 85 in cata on a druid. On this account, which I suppose is my main account my highest level is a 71 pally and a few other unworthy alts. I have a few questions that I want to ask, hopefully someone knowledgeable can help me out. I've been getting interested with wow recently and I want to actually make it to endgame content and join an endgame guild. I want to do PvE Raids, it looks fun. I don't know what class to choose though, especially one that will be viable and in the top bracket of dps for a long period of time. Pretty much I want a stable (dps) class that I can make my main. Also I'm looking to play a ranged type class (no melee). I already know I don't want to play a warlock or druid, and I'm kind of partial towards a mage. I was thinking about a BM hunter or a spriest. They do moderately good dps from what I see on raidbot.com, but are they viable? Also do they work in arena, because I want to be able to use my main to raid and pvp? I want it to do everything well! So what do you guys think? I'll reiterate the question. What do the veterans suggest to pick as a main with interests in achievements, raids, pve, pvp, and overall enjoyment and completion of the game? Also keep in mind, I'm a semi-casual. Got work and school and commitments - meaning I want my gameplay to be fun and easy.Ishirot6 Feb 20, 2013
Feb 20, 2013 Can two people use the same account? Me and my sister share an account, and she's getting her own laptop soon. Would she be able to play on her character at the same time I'm playing on mine?Aradawn5 Feb 20, 2013
Feb 20, 2013 Anyone know how to use guns? Apparently there is a passive ability that allows me to use guns but I don't know what ability/spell to apply to my hotkey bar on the bottom of the screen. How do I use my gun? Can you give a step-by-step instruction on how a class like mine, the rogue, can use the gun?Ladrilan4 Feb 20, 2013
Feb 20, 2013 Good raid server What are some of the best raid servers. Never did any current normal raids and want to give it a try. My main is an ally toon. What server would be a good fit for me. Thank youYumwaffles1 Feb 20, 2013
Feb 20, 2013 Strat (and similar dungeons) healing tips? Last night I finally was high enough and lucky enough to get Stratholme on my resto shammy! I love these dungeons and have always like Strat since my first run on it a few years back however I was having major issues (note: I just came back in December after a 2 year hiatus). I never had any deaths but I was freaking out the entire time. I kept earth shield up at all times, popped healing stream totem every cd, cleansing so much it was basically on cd, kept riptide up and was spamming chain heal and healing surge to just keep everyone up. It was nerve wracking to say the least. I never had this many issues with this dungeon on my priest. I had to stop and drink several times from running out of mana (I had water shield up and earth living weapon). I think part of the issue was no one would pick up the mobs that would target me (generally a spell caster so running to the tank would do nothing) therefor I was struggling to keep myself and the tank alive. My question is - what can I do to make this dungeon easier for the group? Should I be doing something different? Should I ask to go a little slower (he wasn't blazing pulling entire areas so not sure if it's feasible)? Maybe it's just hard at level 45? Maybe I just suck at shammy's? I just want to make sure I am doing everything adequately as possible as I am starting to enter the (to me) more exciting dungeons with different mechanics that require a bit more...finesse shall I say? Funny thing is, I struggling with Scholo on this priest but breezed through it on my shammy... Thanks in advance for any tips.Avaloria5 Feb 20, 2013
Feb 20, 2013 Mongoose Enchantment Okay, so I was talking to this one guy during PvP and noticed his daggers were glowing green. (I'm new) I asked him why and his reply was a variation of words; Mongoose Enchantment, Auction House, Enchanter, etc. I was wondering if any of you could decipher this into new player speech and give me a step by step process on how I can obtain this enchantment. Like I know you need a formula or something, but where I can i get these ingredients? And please don't tell me I need honor points....Dylawles6 Feb 20, 2013
Feb 20, 2013 Little disappointment after subscribing So I have been playing as a trial account for the past few weeks. Yesterday I decided to buy the Battlechest and subscribe. I thought even if I don't have much time to play the $15/month is not expensive if I play a few hours each week. And the $5 Battlechest with 30 days free seemed like a great deal. My little disappointment was that I won't get 30 days of playing time. It will be only 28 days because I subbed in February. Not a big deal... But it was a little disappointment nevertheless. EDIT: it was my mistake to assume it was 30 days of free game time. The Battlechest product page clearly states it is a 1 month free. The game time was applied correctly to my account.Madoras16 Feb 20, 2013
Feb 20, 2013 Recommendations for my next healing class? For the record, I've separated my responses based on which account I'm talking about. I used to play ages ago, before Cata, but when I decided to start playing again early this month, I started fresh with a new account. Keep in mind for levels/playstyle, all of the old account content was WotLK (and thus the cap was 80, skills/specs were different, etc) Please also note that I DID read the "THINGS THAT DO NOT MATTER" section in the sticky, and I've taken that all into account except to an extent the group desirability. While I agree that everything is viable, some classes are more popular than others (example: my ex-guild leader when looking for a tank prioritized pally tanks, or I have a friend who most enjoys RDFs with DK tanks and resto shamans, and a third friend who loves Frost DKs for DPS partners). While this isn't the #1 factor in my decision, I would like if people would keep this in mind. I'll eventually be making every healing class/spec, but would like to start with the more popular (in terms of people wanting to group with them) earlier rather than later. * Also for the record, when I use RDF, I mean Random Dungeon Finder, as that's always the term I'll be used to. Apologies if this isn't the correct term, and feel free to correct me if LFD is the only correct acronym used nowadays. Lastly, apologies for the people to whom this is tl;dr. The sticky said give detail, so I did. ~~ What have you played before? Old account: (WotLK, quit pre-cata) I had thee B.Elf priests, one B.Elf hunter, and a N.Elf druid. New account: I have a panda holy/disc priest and a low-level undead priest. How far did you level it? Old account: I all three priests and the hunter, though I abandoned the druid around level 15ish. Yes; I had three separate capped priests. Their specs were literally PVP Disc/PVE Disc, PVE Holy/plans for PVP holy I never got around to, and testing-ground-for-new-stuff/PVP shadow off-spec I never used New account: I'm at level 87 on my priest, still going strong. I hope to be 90 by the end of the week, though not having a 90 I don't know how feasible that is. My undead priest is level 13, and may end up 90 someday. Currently it's just a side project though, as my panda priest takes priority. Describe what you liked and disliked about those classes. Be detailed! Old: I liked having a pet on my hunter; specifically of the feline variety. I didn't really like relying on ammo in my bag slots. I don't remember as much about my hunter; it was just my first character and I ended up neglecting it completely after making my first priest. I usually prefer healing classes anyway. On my disc priests, I loved the ability to absorb all the damage people were doing to me/my allies and just laugh as they had a hard time killing us. I don't necessarily need absorbs for that; just causing enemy frustration as they try to kill me/my allies (whether through healing, CC, or absorbs I don't care) is a plus for me. I disliked how people dismissed Disc and told me to go Holy instead because they thought Disc sucked, but that was probably just the people I hung out with being idiots. Druid I tried out mostly for feral cat form. I loved being a cat, but I hated being melee. I quit my druid really fast (I want to say 15, but I could be a bit off) because in the end, it just wasn't as fun for me as my priest was. (Continued; I exceeded the char limit)Asraleia4 Feb 20, 2013