New Player Help and Guides

Jan 19, 2013 Languages I've noticed that different races are able to speak different languages. I've been spending a lot of time recently in "neutral" areas where as I'm questing I meet a lot of horde characters. Could they understand me if I spoke to them? I've noticed if they say something it looks like gibberish and usually says they're speaking orcish.Drusilla6 Jan 19, 2013
Jan 19, 2013 my map shrunk...help! Everything was fine at first, but now it's almost like my keys are toggling and sometimes I can move around. sometimes I can't. also, my map is small and I can't make it go back to big again. I'm getting really frustrated. Does anyone know how to make the map full sized instead of a small map in the bottom corner?Jentel4 Jan 19, 2013
Jan 19, 2013 Choosing a character Hello WoW community! I have not played in about a year and I would like to start again and play a character from 1-90 to see the new maps, layouts and progress but undecided what to play :D What have you played before? I have played a warlock, druid, and warrior pretty extensively. How far did you level it? all 85 Describe what you liked and disliked about those classes. Be detailed! Druid: I liked how it was the jack of all trades, and how you could fill in almost all roles. Dislike: How nothing really stood out/everyone wanted you to be something you were not. I enjoyed healing to an extent, but the feral mechanics were pretty tricky for me. Warrior: I loved it because it was BA, and I could pretty much destroy people (I may still be playing this my druid or warlock at 90 till the other guy reaches it) dislike: Nothing really. Warlock: Loved, LOVED this character was a blast. by far my bread and butter was just beast mode, I liked the pets and dots and how you could go into destro to blow people up. Dislike: I know it is not supposed to be mentioned but the constant class changes due to patches and figuring out a new rotation pretty much every time. pet was a hassle sometimes. With a friend or alone? What's your friend going to be leveling? Alone. Are you leveling via PvE or PvP? Chain-running dungeons? PVP on weekends, PVE and dungeons the rest of the time. Will you be doing primarily raids/dungeons at level cap (PvE) or knocking the opposing faction in the balls over a flag (PvP)? more then Likely PVP :) maybe some PVE but just entry stuff. Will you be multiboxing or just playing a single character? Single Race preference? Either for looks or the actual racials (or lore!). I love lore so the Orcs, humans, or dwarfs probably. Heals/tank/DPS? What's your style for DPS - melee or ranged? I like healing over tanking, and I like being DPS by the far the most. I do not really mind ranged or melee they are both pretty sweet. Any favorite game mechanics? (DoTs, HoTs, stealth, mana, etc) Well I like to have somewhat of a challenge and a character who is not just BLOW CDS TROLLOLOL ( I know all classes are not like that but sometimes it feels like it) and I would like the class to have a high skill cap. Hybrid or pure? Does it matter? Does not really matter. Pure would be nice for end game, hybrid would be sweet for leveling though Pet or temporary pet or none at all? Does it matter? I would not mind having a pet but I would like to be doing most of the damage. Throw in any extra details here: I am just going to be playing it casually, also I do not want to be a shaman.Rimripper3 Jan 19, 2013
Jan 19, 2013 Xuen + Lei Shen's Hello. I know there is a new season coming out, which means gear that is better than Malevolent. (PvP Wise) But I was wondering, wouldn't.... Relic of Xuen 2/2 http://www.wowhead.com/item=79327 + Lei Shen's Final Orders 2/2 http://www.wowhead.com/item=87072 be better than the Malevolent trinkets? Or even better than the next seasons trinkets? Not sure because they have PvP Power and Resil.... Once again, I mean PvP Wise....Âzzarth1 Jan 19, 2013
Jan 19, 2013 Need help choosing a new class I am a long time WoW veteran who has never really had a main, but I want to finally settle down on one character. Any help in choosing a class to main would be fantastic. Thanks in advance. What have you played before? Druid, Hunter, Mage, Paladin, Priest, Rogue, Warlock, Warrior How far did you level it? Druid: 70. I played my druid during Classic and Burning Crusade. Hunter: 90. Rogue, Warlock: 80. Mage, Paladin, Priest, Warrior: 85. Describe what you liked and disliked about those classes. Be detailed! Druid: Likes: I loved the shapeshifting and that I could fill every role even though I stuck with mainly healing. Dislikes: The only spec I actually enjoyed playing was Resto. I felt like I wasn't able to enjoy the full potential of the class. During Burning Crusade, I felt like the playstyle of druid healing changed and I was not a fan. I struggled to get to 70 because it was no longer of interest to me. I do not prefer the HOT method of healing. Hunter: Likes: It's a great soloing class. I love going into old raids and being able to do things that I couldn't on other classes. I also like that I can goof off with him but not die. Dislikes: I don't like group play with my hunter. I much prefer to go off soloing something with him than join a dungeon or raid. Mage: Likes: It was more challenging to play without any sort of heal. I really enjoyed the playstyle of the fire spec. I also felt this was a very mobile class and enjoyed dpsing and goofing off with friends when in a dungeon. Dislikes: I really only liked the fire spec. Arcane was okay but I got really bored with it. I did not like frost as it felt underpowered in PvE except in cases of leveling. Priest: Likes: I liked playing both discipline and holy. I've enjoyed the priest's style of healing the most out of all the classes I have played. Dislikes: Shadow. I wasn't a fan of watching dots. Paladin: Likes: I really liked the protection spec. It seemed like a more simple way of tanking after tanking with a Warrior as my first tank type. I also enjoyed PvP with a prot paladin. I enjoyed being able to control battles and be able to heal when necessary within the same spec. PvEwise, I enjoyed the ease of aoe tanking. I also enjoyed the utility of the paladin even when playing Retribution. Dislikes: Healing with a holy paladin is boring to me. Rogue: Likes: I liked the feel of a rogue with being sneaky and such. I also liked all the specs I'd played, with assassination being my favorite. I liked that the rotation involved fairly straightforward damage with only a couple of dots to look after. Dislikes: I felt completely useless utility-wise outside of TotT. Pure dps is okay but I like to be able to help the group in some way, too. Warlock: Likes: I liked destruction. I liked the utility of the pets and they are the only pet class that I actually don't mind the pet in a group situation. Dislikes: DoTs. I'm not a fan of DoTs. Warrior: Likes: I liked the feel of the warrior, just all out in your face smacking you around kind of feel. I loved wielding two 2h weapons as fury. It was just straight damage no real dots to worry about procs and cooldowns felt right. Dislikes: Tanking with a warrior was okay but not my preferred way of tanking. So, I felt kind of useless as I wasn't living up to my warrior's potential. I also was not keen on rage. Sometimes I felt like I was watching my rage more than I was the fight. With a friend or alone? What's your friend going to be leveling? I'm leveling alone. Are you leveling via PvE or PvP? Chain-running dungeons? I will be leveling through questing and dungeons. Will you be doing primarily raids/dungeons at level cap (PvE) or knocking the opposing faction in the balls over a flag (PvP)? At level cap I hope to primarily be raiding. Will you be multiboxing or just playing a single character? Single character Race preference? Either for looks or the actual racials (or lore!). I prefer to play a Night Elf, Draenei, or Worgen. Heals/tank/DPS? What's your style for DPS - melee or ranged? I prefer to DPS but would not mind playing a class with a healing off-spec. I do not have a preference when it comes to melee or ranged. I really prefer not to tank. Any favorite game mechanics? (DoTs, HoTs, stealth, mana, etc) I really like procs for some reason. Not a fan of over-time abilities. Hybrid or pure? Does it matter? Doesn't matter. Pet or temporary pet or none at all? Does it matter? If I have to have a pet, I prefer that it be temporary. However, no pet at all would be the best. Throw in any extra details here: My hunter is 90 mainly due to dillydallying around but I have no desire to have a hunter as a main, just as a solo characters. I hope this is enough information. Thanks!Criin1 Jan 19, 2013
Jan 19, 2013 answer my questionair. Never played before Do you want to have a permanent pet? Is a temporary one okay with you? Or does it not matter if you have a pet? -Does not matter Are you partial to cloth wearers or do you want a little more bulk in your armor? -cloth or leather What have you played in other games before? Maybe you played a caster in another game and liked it, or have a fondness for barbarians/warriors. WoW might have a rough equivalent for you! -Ive played Rangers, healers Do you want to be able to heal yourself and others, or are you okay with lacking those spells? -Does not matter Which is your preference: attacking enemies from a distance or being up in their faces? -Distance Are you the sneaky type or do you take pleasure ripping out internal organs as a greeting right off the bat? -either or Do you want to be on the front lines with a shield or watching over your group to keep them safe? -watching over group Will you be leveling with a friend or mostly on your own? If you're doing it with a friend, what are they planning to level, or have they not decided yet? -Im solo unfortunately no friends Have you read about classes at all yet? If so, what stands out as interesting to you? Have you tried any classes already? - Read them all. They all seem somewhat interesting Are you interested in the lore or story of Warcraft? Some classes have a lot of easily-absorbed lore while others are a little "less detailed" in their history. -yes Interested in roleplaying at all? This goes with the previous question, but some races/classes are easier to roleplay as a newbie than others (with lots of history to adhere to). -Not really Do any of the races stick out to you as being attractive? Not every race can be every class, so if you have an early favorite (or if you really dislike one in particular) this can narrow things down. -Panda,gnome,blood elf,night elfVitaminz2 Jan 19, 2013
Jan 19, 2013 Blue Wind Rider? Hi all, bear with me if this is obvious to all of you, but I am new so its confusing me. A blue wind rider is showing up under my collected mounts here on the site, but is not in my inventory, nor do I ever recall getting one. (Pretty sure its a horde mount anyhow.) I've asked some of my more seasoned friends and they aren't sure either. Here's a screen cap. If its anything related to recruit a friend, then please let me know haha. http://i48.tinypic.com/15wo20j.png Please and thanks!Strixley5 Jan 19, 2013
Jan 19, 2013 Communication with other players Hi, As i said in earlier posts, I'm new, so there are a lot of things that I don't know. I was wandering if there is a place where I can communicate to other players, other than the chat window. For example, I'm looking for someone who needs to complete a specific quest in a dungeon, or looking for a blacksmith or leatherworker to forge some items for me. Where should I ask? I tried to write it in the guild chat with no response. I don't know where else I could write. Thank you :)Sibilla12 Jan 19, 2013
Jan 19, 2013 finding the player bank in the city ? I've looked around and cannot fnd the bank to deposit items my characters have. Where is it located ? I looked all over Stormwind City, even in Olivia's Pond. Thanks !Tanlij6 Jan 19, 2013
Jan 19, 2013 Membership questions Hi, I just bought battle chest 5 minutes ago at the login screen for $9.99 USD, And I saw on some posts that it can take 72 hours to finalize. But somebody said the level 20 cap would be removed as soon as I buy it...just wondering if thats true. Also, does membership cover all your characters? Or only the first one? Thanks! ~SmiggleSmiggle2 Jan 19, 2013
Jan 19, 2013 I want to be a healer Greetings, WoW community. I may have mentioned this once before, but I should make it clear that I have yet to bring a toon to max level. I greatly enjoy dungeon leveling, and I love the paladin class, but I am getting tired of DPS, and want to start a new healer toon. The two healing specs I am currently considering are mistweaver monk and holy paladin, though I am leaning toward holy paladin. Would it be okay to take on the healing role despite my relative lack of experience at high levels? If so, what spec would you recommend for a beginner?Thlayli17 Jan 19, 2013
Jan 18, 2013 Sub rogue pvp. Finding it hard to survive I have been a casual PVE player for about a year. I created this sub rogue alt for PVP only back in cata and have just started playing him again. I am now finding it incredibly difficult to stay alive. In a typical PVP encounter, I will try to get someone 1 on1 and will get them to about 1/2 health, but while I am trying to keep my opponent stunned, I get shot down in about 3 seconds by another player. Are other sub rogues in my level range finding it hard to survive too, or am I just bad at this?Eerievon2 Jan 18, 2013
Jan 18, 2013 Does PvP get more even? Most characters have 4 - 5 times my PvP gearscore. I keep seeing people with close to double my health. When will things improve?Amelica17 Jan 18, 2013
Jan 18, 2013 Looking for a good medium pop realm So i've been playing for a few months now on smolderthorn, and its fun and all but server is just so dead. I love my guild and everyones really cool and helpful but we cant really get a good second raid group going(which im in). I would join another but the servers so dead that theres never any solid groups forming. I mean its even hard to fill a sha group some times. I don't want to go to a high pop realm because of the lag, problems farming and so on. I was hoping someone could point me in the direction of a good pvp realm thats mainly horde. I like to raid but i also pvp a decent bit as well. If your from a different server i have a 487ilvlDabbit6 Jan 18, 2013
Jan 18, 2013 Quick server question Does anyone know why I am not seeing certain servers on my server list? I am looking to start up a new character on Outland because I heard it's a great server for WPvP, but the server isn't on my list. Thanks for the help!Bigrobby5 Jan 18, 2013
Jan 18, 2013 What is a transmog set? Hi everybody, I went to a dungeon, I think it was Wailing Caverns, and i got an item, the "armor of the Fang". It's an item level 21. When I pass over it with the mouse it shows that it's part of a full set called "Embrace of the Viper", and that is a transmog set. Where could I find the rest of the set? What is a transmog set? Thank you ^^Melixa24 Jan 18, 2013
Jan 18, 2013 Sick and tired of this Pally >:( What have you played before? I have played a Dranei Pally Retribution and a rogue Blood elf, not exactly sure of the spec though. How far did you level it? My pally atm is lvl 68. My rogue got to about level 36 i believe Describe what you liked and disliked about those classes. Be detailed! With the rogue I really liked how i could get up in there faces and unleash a lot of attacks quickly. With the pally I rally, no longer like playing it, I feel as though i am worse off then any other class may this be the case or not, i just really don't think it's the class for me. With a friend or alone? What's your friend going to be leveling? I will be levelling alone for most of the time. Are you leveling via PvE or PvP? Chain-running dungeons? I really like to get a mixture of things, so more likely PvP and dungeons. Mainly dungeons though until the later levels. Will you be doing primarily raids/dungeons at level cap (PvE) or knocking the opposing faction in the balls over a flag (PvP)? Again I would like to delve into both of them. I find PvP very fun and at times very face paced, but I also like dungeons and trying to best my current gear with even better things. Will you be multiboxing or just playing a single character? I am not sure what multi boxing is, but i will be just playing a single char. Race preference? Either for looks or the actual racials (or lore!). I like all the races on the alliance side besides the dwarves. And on the horde I only like Blood elf, tauren and goblin. And i also like pandas xD Heals/tank/DPS? What's your style for DPS - melee or ranged? I do not enjoy playing as a tank, as i feel people rely on me too much. So i would prefer dos. Also I have never done heals, and was wondering is it hard to keep a party on good health? If not I wouldn't mind trying one. Any favorite game mechanics? (DoTs, HoTs, stealth, mana, etc) Nope I like 'em all except tanking. Hybrid or pure? Does it matter? Does not matter to me. Pet or temporary pet or none at all? Does it matter? I would prefer either a temp pet or none at all. As I find pets to be a burden for me Throw in any extra details here: had an old account couple years back during Wraith. Quit playing, Starting back before the start of MoP, then quit. Now just started back up and looking to max lvl a character for once. Thanks in advance for any help I recieve. :)Fuzzbane11 Jan 18, 2013
Jan 18, 2013 Advice for Casual Player? Hello everyone, I've been playing WOW for a while now starting around the time of Cataclysm or a little bit before. I've leveled my primary character Barnomir to a Level 76 Dwarf Hunter. I've mostly done this through Zygor guides soloing quests which takes forever! I've enjoyed playing for the most part, but am starting to get burnt out on trying to level up this one character when I see tons of people leveling way faster. So I started using the dungeon finder while in Northrend and have done a couple of dungeons while questing there. It has significantly speeded up leveling and I've enjoyed the 30-45 minutes of time it takes to complete a dungeon. However, since I'm still effectively a newbie at level 76, I'd like to ask the community's advice on what to do next and how to improve my character. So where do I start? I know that for dungeons I should be able to deal out a lot of damage with my hunter, but as someone kindly told me, it shows that I am new. I've read a few things on shot rotation but most of those start at level 81 or better. Also I know my equipment stinks or is OK but not the best. I've avoided doing professions because I don't want to sink the money into Zygor Professions of Dungeons guide. My wife already is not happy with the monthly money spent on WOW and so I must remain a casual player. So since I must remain a casual player and only play an hour or two a night or maybe 3 hours on a day off while she is at work, what advice do you have for someone still so wet behind the ears? I know that there is SOOOOO much to WOW that I still haven't even scratched the surface in terms of other things I can do, what is your advice? I want to get more enjoyment out of the game but I enjoy the questing and role plying more than I enjoy combat. Thanks everyone for your advice to an experienced but still new player. PS- Any recommendations on UI enhancements, Macros, and any other technical stuff I should know? I have a few UI enhncements but as for Macros and Party things, I barely know /script LeaveParty() - LOL ! Thanks again!Barnomir20 Jan 18, 2013
Jan 18, 2013 Looking for PC Advice (concerning WOW) Greetings.... I am looking to get a new computer in the next few weeks, and I have a budget in mind. I am looking to either buy a rig or build one of my own that can not only handle WOW, but give me really good FPS rates. I was using an old account that had been frozen so I was given a Scroll of Resurrection, and included the "trial" version of MoP (Hence the level 61 Monk)... At any rate, does anyone have any suggestions as to what I should be looking for in a PC to play WOW on? I use a dinosaur for a computer now, and I see 2-5 FPS rates in clogged cities like SW... Looking for smooth, higher frame rate machines/setups. Any information would be most appreciated!Kungfumønkey9 Jan 18, 2013
Jan 18, 2013 Brutal Gladiator Set For a DK, is it account bound? and obv im a level 71 DK and was wondering if its worth it, i need better armor anyways.Äðrxø4 Jan 18, 2013
Jan 18, 2013 Having trouble finding a character i like Hello. Im having trouble finding a character i like. Anyone have some suggestion?Becareful2 Jan 18, 2013
Jan 18, 2013 LFR drop system So I just got the gear needed to start doing LFR. However I am a little confused with the drop system. So far I realize that I get a bag after each boss, they always have gold in it, but can it ever have anything else? I also saw I have a chance to use an elder charm on each boss, what are the chances I will get gear rather than money from that? Do bosses ever drop the actual gear, or do I have to put all my hope into the elder charms? ThanksValthic6 Jan 18, 2013
Jan 18, 2013 Can't decide what to play with friend. Helpme What have you played before? I've played everything but monk before How far did you level it? Prot/ret to 90 Hunter to 85 DK to 70 and the rest sub 60s Describe what you liked and disliked about those classes. I love being able to dual spec on my pally with the ability to tank raids/heroics with prot, or switch it up and be a decent DPS as ret. I still enjoy my pally very much, but I just want something else to play. Hunter was very fun in cata for me, but I never geared it past quest 85s. I tried playing it once I came back in MoP and it was completely unfun for me. Way too many abilities and cooldowns to keep track of. I mean, I CAN keep track of a LOT of cooldowns etc, but I'd just prefer not to for a character I'm leveling with a friend. With a friend or alone? What's your friend going to be leveling?With a friend for sure. It's RaF so I'll be getting triple exp up to level 55-60 with him playing a random. After that he will definitely switch to death knight. Are you leveling via PvE or PvP? Chain-running dungeons?A little bit of everything. I love PvP and PvE, but I also love dungeons. I switch it up constantly. Will you be doing primarily raids/dungeons at level cap (PvE) or knocking the opposing faction in the balls over a flag (PvP)?Primarily? That's hard to say... Probably PvP primarily as my pally is not very good at it and doesn't seem to be getting any better in the near future in terms of viability. Will you be multiboxing or just playing a single character?Didn't even know multiboxing was a legal thing. I will be playing a single character only. Race preference? Either for looks or the actual racials (or lore!).I like blood elves as they are aesthetic. Tauren is also pretty awesome with the right plate armors Heals/tank/DPS? What's your style for DPS - melee or ranged?I love DPSing hardcore. Definitely melee DPS, as melee usually have instant spells and I have server latency which is kind of annoying for casting Any favorite game mechanics? (DoTs, HoTs, stealth, mana, etc)I have mik battle scrolling text and I absolutely love seeing damage stack up on the side doing huge damage. Hybrid or pure? Does it matter?Doesn't matter as long as it goes with everything else in this thread Pet or temporary pet or none at all? Does it matter?I don't like keeping track of pets Throw in any extra details here: I have been thinking of rogue or druid, but I'm really not sure and can't make a 100% definite decisionFläsh2 Jan 18, 2013
Jan 18, 2013 RaF How Do I Grant Levels To My Friend It Wont Let Me Click On ItValnarnir2 Jan 18, 2013
Jan 18, 2013 PvP Seasons Hello. Not sure, but since Malevolent gear is going to be purchased with Honour Points in 5.2 will tier 13 be bought by Conquest Points? Will they have different stats? (Better?) By the way, are there going to be 4 seasons. So 4 different types of PvP gear? Thanks in advance!Âzzarth9 Jan 18, 2013
Jan 18, 2013 Entering a raid at low lvl? Is it possible to be run through a raid if i have a lvl 90? As in. My GM has offered to run me through on and im trying to enter the Tempest Keep. But i just cant enter. Do i need to do something or what? Ive looked everywhere but i cant seem to find a way to enter the raid :/ Do i need an ilvl? cause i thought that was just for the finder. We are WALKING into it :/ WHAT DO I DO!!!!!Levolpe1 Jan 18, 2013
Jan 18, 2013 Can someone help me with chosing a class Do you want to have a permanent pet? Is a temporary one okay with you? Or does it not matter if you have a pet? Pets sound cool. I'd like to be the one doing the damage, though. Are you partial to cloth wearers or do you want a little more bulk in your armor? I don't need 12 inch thick armor. What have you played in other games before? Maybe you played a caster in another game and liked it, or have a fondness for barbarians/warriors. WoW might have a rough equivalent for you! I have Skyrim, but I got it yesterday. Do you want to be able to heal yourself and others, or are you okay with lacking those spells? I prefer not to heal. Which is your preference: attacking enemies from a distance or being up in their faces? Attacking from a distance. But I do like to punch. Are you the sneaky type or do you take pleasure ripping out internal organs as a greeting right off the bat? Being sneaky would be cool. Do you want to be on the front lines with a shield or watching over your group to keep them safe? Will you be leveling with a friend or mostly on your own? If you're doing it with a friend, what are they planning to level, or have they not decided yet? No, I'm the only one who likes WoW. Have you read about classes at all yet? If so, what stands out as interesting to you? Have you tried any classes already? I've read about the classes. Mage and Warlock sound cool. Are you interested in the lore or story of Warcraft? Some classes have a lot of easily-absorbed lore while others are a little "less detailed" in their history. Yes. I'm not on a roleplay server because I'm new. Interested in roleplaying at all? This goes with the previous question, but some races/classes are easier to roleplay as a newbie than others (with lots of history to adhere to). Yes. Do any of the races stick out to you as being attractive? Not every race can be every class, so if you have an early favorite (or if you really dislike one in particular) this can narrow things down. FOR THE HORDE!! but I love Orcs, mostly.Incred6 Jan 18, 2013
Jan 17, 2013 Recommend Leveling Guide? Looked around the net a bit, everything seems outdated. Any suggestions?Aressupreme7 Jan 17, 2013
Jan 17, 2013 Bronze Drake My guild buddies said they'll help me with getting the bronze drake, but i know you need heroic mode of the culling of stratholme, but i was wondering what level do i need to be to do the CoS, not what level i should be to succeed, but what level i unlock it being heroic, cause my friends will surely help me out. thanks.Äðrxø4 Jan 17, 2013
Jan 17, 2013 Help with keybinding, delivered The link below is a keybinding planner for WoW. It allows you to drag and drop spells on a virtual keyboard to test out different configurations, complete with shift and ctrl button modifiers, and it supports every class and spec. SO much better than drawing on scrap paper when you're away from the game. It's still in beta, but pretty much all is there. keybound.netIdolater4 Jan 17, 2013
Jan 17, 2013 Balance Druid What items make them stronger? Spirit,spell power,????Sostews5 Jan 17, 2013
Jan 17, 2013 Auction house is dead I just came back to the game after a year or so break. When I go to the AH for some glyphs, it's like it has been abandoned. There are NO weapons at all and most of the other categories are bare as well. My realm, Gurubashi, is low population but I've never seen an AH so empty. Am I missing something? Is there a new auction system??Blackzilla12 Jan 17, 2013
Jan 17, 2013 Linking instance in chat Whenever I try to link my instance to chat it just shows up as text so I or other people can't click on the link to view which bosses i've defeated. not sure where the problem is.. i've disabled all addons but that didn't seem to do the trick. i can link items fine.Hyginus2 Jan 17, 2013
Jan 17, 2013 50 to 55, how long? Jw 50 to 55 how many hours would it take questing. ThanksZae5 Jan 17, 2013
Jan 17, 2013 Can i run wow on this laptop Asus - K-Series 15.6" Laptop - 4GB Memory - 500GB Hard Drive - Light Covellite i was wondering if i can do raids and pvp running 20 or more fps ? if u know alot pls let me knowToxichronik6 Jan 17, 2013
Jan 17, 2013 becuz people dont like "Pandas" After using the lfr/lfd tool and finally getting into a group, several players bail because they dont like pandas. errrrr. im serious. Before i even get the chance to start playing, the tanks are bailing because and i quote "pandas and monk heals are the biggest wow fail ever." I que for dps as welll. Other Dps is leaving (before the dungeon has even started) because they are sick of playing with so many pandas. once im in the dungeon you cant just leave after someone bails or you get the deserter cool down and cant reque for 30 mins. People are bailing because they dont like pandas? wtf? Can someone please explain the reasoning behind this? this has been going on for a few weeks now.Pandahcakes18 Jan 17, 2013
Jan 17, 2013 Which Class Questionnaire What have you played before? Druid-85 Priest-87 Pally-90 Shaman-35 Hunter-80 Rogue-87 DK-70 Monk-34 Mage-85 Warrior-85 How far did you level it? ^^^ Describe what you liked and disliked about those classes. Be detailed! (Druid)-I like the fact that they can shape shift into things.The whole thing with being a cat and going stealth is pretty cool.Nothing like sneaking up on someone and starting the fight.Boomkin didn't care for much die pretty fast when targeted by the other team.But however i did put out a lot of damage when not targeted.Resto never played much of it in bg's.I don't mind healing but it gets old fast i am more of a combat person. (Rogue)-I loved the fact that Rogues could start the fight and end it fast.I liked the fact that if you had 100 people on you you could just stealth and run away.I don't like the fact that Rogues rely on there cds way to much. (Priest)-I mainly just healed as a Priest but i did play Shadow for a while mind you this is all pvp.I like the fact that you got fear and when you get overwhelmed you can fear everyone and get out kinda sorta.Plus i did some pretty good damage as Shadow fear and dot up and they were pretty much dead. (Pally)-The class i started as and played the most.I stopped playing a pally in Cata.I mostly played ret.But in Cata i had a hard time finding rbgs which i like doing the most.If there was one thing i didn't like about ret its the fact its too easy and not many people want ret for rbgs.I love bubble i love being able to heal myself and my team with wogs.I love hand of freedom when slowed.But as far as dpsing and going far in game like i want too.I have to go Holy.And i don't care for healing its boring and not fun to me. (Warrior)-I love the fact that you can charge and pressure your target.I like the burst and being able to heal after killing an enemy.But when focused i died a lot or get kited a lot my mages and hunters. (Monk) I really don't know i mean it's cool that they use Martial Arts.There hella fast but i have no idea how to play one.And when i did it just didn't workout i would say Monk was the hardest class i have tried. (Hunter)-I like the fact that you get pets and you can fire guns and bows.I have not got to play this class a lot pvp wise.But when i did i found myself doing fine tell focused hard. And as far as Rbgs go i have not seen Hunters wanted very much like the Ret pally.People mostly run dot cleave and want boomys locks mages so on. (DK)-I have only played this class to 70 and i get destroyed by everyone.I like the fact that it used Frost.Cause i love the fact of chilling people and what not.But i have a hard time staying alive and idk if it's me or just the fact that i am low level dk. (Shaman)-Have not played this class far.But i love the fact that you can go melee,healer or caster.Also blasting people off cliffs is alot of fun and a good laugh.I die pretty quick when focused which is a down fall.Because when i get focused there is little i can do. With a friend or alone? What's your friend going to be leveling? Alone, But on chance i do play with friends most all in the Marines with very little time.So i will mostly be playing alone. Are you leveling via PvE or PvP? Chain-running dungeons? Leveling wise i just run dungeons and quest.I do a little pvp every now and then at high levels like 28 29 or in that area of the 8 and 9 just before going to 30 40 so on. Will you be doing primarily raids/dungeons at level cap (PvE) or knocking the opposing faction in the balls over a flag (PvP)? I mostly am looking to pvp but i do like to do pve stuff every now an then for story. Will you be multiboxing or just playing a single character? Single character Race preference? Human is what i want to aim for because of extra trinket.But i really could play any race.As far as faction i would like to stay Alliance due to friends and family playing on Alliance. Heals/tank/DPS? What's your style for DPS - melee or ranged? Dps-I like both actually i like casting and kiting but i also love getting right up there and just smashing someones face.And as far as healing goes i would like to avoid healing it's boring. Any favorite game mechanics? (DoTs, HoTs, stealth, mana, etc) Just any class that's rotation/spells are interactive and engaging. Hybrid or pure? Does it matter? It does not matter to me. Pet or temporary pet or none at all? Does it matter? Does not matter.Balkar4 Jan 17, 2013
Jan 17, 2013 2 Q's Professions and controls so it's been a few days and I'm getting the hang of the game but there are a few things that I have questions bout. 1. How do I move with the mouse other than changing the camera angle. 2. I've been lookingat wow-professions but either i'm clueless or the guide is meant for higher levels as most of the leveling for herbalism/mining is done in the eastern plague landsbwhich I can't for the life of me figure out how to get to. So I need a bit of help.Drakionia5 Jan 17, 2013
Jan 17, 2013 Worgen Mount at lvl 40??? Is there a riding trainer I need to see to activate my Running Wild mount at 100%? I am still running wild at only 60% and now lvl 41. Looking to run at 100%Celts6 Jan 17, 2013
Jan 17, 2013 Just Looking For A Full Class Guide For PVP Just looking for a guide or something for all classes in wow.Strengths-Weaknesses,Play style just everything i can get.I have not played anything at 90 so i don't know what i would like best.So i am asking all of you guys to hopefully give me some information.Because i don't want to get to far into leveling something then stop.Because i am more of a Warrior type person or a Rogue type person.Thanks for all who answer back and help.Balkar1 Jan 17, 2013
Jan 17, 2013 Payment Questions I am very confused right now. I found that I can get WoW, Burning Crusades, and BattleChest for 20 dollars in a store. I am *younger* so my parents won't buy me it because they're scared they'll have to pay monthly. I want to use a Game Card, but I have one HUGE question I can't get the answer for. ONCE THE 60 DAYS ARE OVER, WILL MY ACCOUNT REVERT BACK TO STARTER EDITION, OR WILL I HAVE TO PAY MONTHLY? If anybody could answer this question, I will be very pleased! Yours, MELONDROPMelondrop10 Jan 17, 2013
Jan 16, 2013 Upgrade Help i finally upgraded today, and it still tells me I am on a starter edition, but I can lvl up past 20, I downloaded the client and it did nothing but open my lanucher. Whats goin on??Delthir2 Jan 16, 2013
Jan 16, 2013 Are flight master licenses account wide? I'm guessing the answer is no, but here goes. If I buy a license to fly, will that transfer to all of my characters (like mounts do) once they reach that level, or do all of my toons need to buy the licenses in order to fly?Drusilla3 Jan 16, 2013
Jan 16, 2013 saving for artisan riding? ok im now high enough to get artisan riding but since im new to wow i just worried about learning the ropes and stuff like that but now i want to pick up some gathering proffesions,but gathering and selling on AH could still probabley take a while and just wanna see how other players save up the 5k gold for artisan and even another 18k for a mammoth mount or should i just finish eveling then worry about things like that?Ñarkólópz11 Jan 16, 2013
Jan 16, 2013 Valor points in Scenarios... Hello all, When checking Wowhead, it says that the first scenario pays 40 VP and the second is 20. But in the column where it says scenarios, it states "7 total". Does this mean that only the first 2 scenarios per day are paid VP or the first 7? It does make a difference between 60 and 160...Drakco1 Jan 16, 2013
Jan 16, 2013 Hi! I want to RaF you! Enyxia5 Jan 16, 2013
Jan 16, 2013 Need Help Picking New Class Really shortened version, but not as detailed. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KnSjwqBCq9O556WYop-eK1oos9o5OW4eqZQd76AIpT4/edit I've been playing this mage for about 7 months now and have grown tired of it. I like how the mage has so many spells to choose from to attack and that with mana powering those spells, I can do a lot of attacks quickly without worrying about having no mana to power those spells because of the abundance of mana compared to the little mana a spell usually costs. Even if I do run low on mana, usually I only have to wait a minute for it to be completely full again. What I don't like about my mage though is it's cloth armor and how we can't PvP very well without having to switch to frost spec which I don't like. This is how I feel when going up against a Warr or DK with arcane spec on, target practice. I can't immobilze them very well, more of kill them as quickly as possible type of person and don't usually use debuffs. I tried leveling a hunter at one time, but felt like the leather armor wasn't good enough. I also kept using focus quicker than it could recharge leaving me without very many available attacks. I did like how the pets were basically tanks and I could attack from a distance without worrying about the attacking target so much. I only got to level 20 and then just quit. I also tried leveling a ret pally and got to lev 36 with it. I loved being able to heal myself and others, but hated the holy power being used as the charge for primary attacks. Again, I attack too fast for the holy power to catch up. I also liked how instead of having to select my targets by clicking on them, I could just attack and it would automatically select a target for me. I especially loved how if the tank failed, the ret pally acted as a miny tank. I never did get to the level required to be able to use plate armor on this character, but on my DK i tried leveling I liked the plate armor a lot so i'm assuming I might have liked it on the pally as well. I got to level 58 on the frost DK. I liked how you could summon a minion, but really didn't like the DKs attacks. Got to level 18 on my druid and liked the shapeshift and versalitilty of the class, but the cloth armor ticked my off so I stopped playing it. My Warr I got to lev 16. I kinda liked its attacks, but yet again I was attacking too fast for the rage to be able to catch up. All these characters I leveled painfully solo. When i'm at lower levels i'm leveling them with dungeons and when dungeon ques get too long to wait around I quest with the dungeon que running. At this moment, i'm really only interested in PvP content and not so much PvE content. I probably would be using multiple characters, one solely for PvE, another solely for PvP. Most of my characters have been night elfs because I like the way they look and their racial ability, but have used humans before for their racial ability. I kinda like being the hybrid between a DPS and tank with the DPS being dominant, but espically love being a hybrid between all three like on the pally. I'm used to ranged combat so i'm not entirely used to meleee combat meaning I will keep attacking without even realizing the target is out of range. I think the favorite class I had was the ret pally, but just kept spamming too much for the holy power. I only had like 5 attacks I think and all but one required holy power I think so pally wasn't really an option unless more attacks came up along the way which I don't know if it does. Any recommendations or solutions to my pally/spamming to much for limited resources to keep up would be nice :)Årcanna12 Jan 16, 2013
Jan 16, 2013 Acct capped at 85 - how to gear for pvp? I haven't upgraded to MoP and probably won't for some time. I am about to hit my level cap and the aspect of the game I most enjoy is pvp. I am wondering how I should gear so I can continue to be somewhat competitive in the bracket with people that are in MoP gear. Do I get the pvp gear with honor? Do I buy the greens from the AH? Or will it be bad enough that I say screw it all and just roll a new toon until I can upgrade? I have no idea what to expect so any insights and help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!Kalijie2 Jan 16, 2013
Jan 16, 2013 Quick question about a certain quest. The quest Into the Raptors Den ( where you have to place the feathers on the nests) where the hell the yellow nest? I don't know if it's a bug or anything but only 2 nests let me place the feathers on them, which I did already and the yellow nest doesn't appear. Am I being dumb or something? Maybe I'll attempt to relog.Fluffynotfat6 Jan 16, 2013
Jan 16, 2013 Two Questions Hey guys, I've posted on here a couple of times in the last week or so. I haven't started playing because I'm still waiting on my CPU to arrive. In the meantime, I keep researching stuff and asking questions... First, do server wait times still exist? I'm trying to research realms and figure out where I want to start my new life in WoW. A couple of old buddies have made recommendations, but they're high population realms. The last thing I want to do is join a realm, start leveling a toon, and then the weekend arrives and I'm unable to logon and play my little guy. :( Second, can someone give me an idea about what this ilvl stuff means? I played back in Vanilla/BC and this was not around then. I finally came to realize what people meant when they were posting stuff like, "481 Warrior LFG." But can someone give me an idea of what those numbers mean? Thanks!Bouke5 Jan 16, 2013