New Player Help and Guides

Dec 6, 2012 Did I miss my quest opportunity? As a new player in WoW (2 weeks), I found I took too long to complete a quest. I was supposed to wear my bling and talk to people at the pool. At first I didn't know what to do next so I went exploring. That took too much time. Now I know what to do but no one is where they're supposed to be. Can I get some insight? Will I need to restart?Domcor2 Dec 6, 2012
Dec 6, 2012 Payment When I first bought this game via digital downloads my payments went thru immediately. Now that I decide I can afford to pay for a month of play, my payment can take up to 3 days to go thru before I can play again. That is such bull! I don't have this issue on any other game server I buy into ...Logandourden5 Dec 6, 2012
Dec 6, 2012 Looking for Quest-line guide I'm leveling up a new character and I feel like I've missed some important quests. I'm at level 77 now and I haven't been able to get the Wrathgate quest. I'm ahead of my level for quests, and I'm skipping a couple zones. I'm alliance on Illidan, by the way. What I'm looking for is similar to this: http://www.wowwiki.com/Long,_exceptional,_or_hidden_questlines or this http://pc.gamespy.com/guides/wowat60/ But for WotLK, Cataclysm, and the new expansion. Can someone please give me some resources so I don't miss out on the most important quests? Thanks so much.Tiberiasfury9 Dec 6, 2012
Dec 6, 2012 please delete please deleteOkimasu3 Dec 6, 2012
Dec 6, 2012 Offended, in a dungeon.. Hi, I'm new to Warcraft by recently subscribed to full version, I went to join a dungeon group to level up and helping others defeat monsters.. But, I was told to leave the group "Even though I done nothing wrong, they voted me off.. Some said that they do not like mages "My character is a mage". When I started to defeat a monster, they all left for me to die without reason.. In patch 5.2, I was wondering if there can be a rule that no one is allowed to vote or bump one off the team even when offending others hurtfully? I even done nothing wrong to upset them..Clannicus20 Dec 6, 2012
Dec 6, 2012 How can i sell multiple items to store owners I right click on my item and it puts my item in their shop, and gives me my money, but it wont let me sell more than one. When i click to sell my second item, it returns my first one to me.... how does this work? Its so confusing.....Iohuihugo6 Dec 6, 2012
Dec 6, 2012 One last question Ok im like super sorry I know i already made 2 other "threads" today I just wanted to kno something. approx how long does it take for a new player to get from 1-90??? I really want to kill that big dragon I saw on the xpansion box, thanks in advance for the help ttylCowpunhere8 Dec 6, 2012
Dec 6, 2012 Best mage race? What race goes best with a mage and gives extra DPSFortified22 Dec 6, 2012
Dec 6, 2012 When creating a new account Am I going to have to buy all the expansions again?Bloodie2 Dec 6, 2012
Dec 6, 2012 question about mounts when can i get one and what should i get?Sosara20 Dec 6, 2012
Dec 5, 2012 Question about PvP..... Hello all, I have recently just returned to WoW. I started around when Cataclysm came out and quit last winter. I was hoping to get some tips about PvP/Arena. I play WoW on my laptop, since I don't have much space for a fancy computer. I know that I shouldn't be keyboard turning and as the better alternative, use a mouse. I don't find it difficult to use, but my question is how to "be" a better PvP'er in general. I am a decent player when I use a melee class, but I can never seem to do good DPS as a caster. Mostly because I am not familiar with casters and partly because I get destroyed by other players before I even get a spell off. I find it difficult to be a good PvP'er when I can't move around and cast as most people can. Are there any tips you guys could give me for playing on a laptop? Any help is appreciated. I am not a total noob to PvP, I am just looking to make myself a better asset and possibly get better at 1v1's. Any insight is greatly appreciated! (:Fluffehh3 Dec 5, 2012
Dec 5, 2012 Returning Player Needing advice So I returned to WoW about a week and a half ago, and I can't decide what to main for mop. I leveled my DK because it was simple, questing was super easy. But I realized I just don't like the playstyle. So I have a druid or rogue, druids 86, rogue 85. I quit around mid-late cata. So My question is ill mainly be pvping, and so I was wondering if I could get some advice on what to play?Closes10 Dec 5, 2012
Dec 5, 2012 Justice Points All I know about these is they are used to by armour and weapons. However I thought the best stuff at level 90 was from dailies and raids? I am asking this because I saw I could purchase a Mammoth mount using justice points. I was tempted to do it but I would like to know what kind of gear I could get with them, and where then vendors are.Valthic5 Dec 5, 2012
Dec 5, 2012 grrr frusterating i cant get to a place where i quest on my own and if i do i end up dyingMorschalla21 Dec 5, 2012
Dec 5, 2012 Need a new class So a mean girl just told me I can't have my name bcuz its a phrase so i hav to make a new avatar I was wondering what class????Cowpunhere6 Dec 5, 2012
Dec 5, 2012 help.... Left my WoW alt tabbed (Bad idea) so my sister made like 2 or 3 alts i can't delete.......dos any one know why? or how to get rid of em......I'm OCD so having more then fishal and my other alt irks me.Fishal31 Dec 5, 2012
Dec 5, 2012 Questionaire-Please answer it. •Do you want to have a permanent pet? Is a temporary one okay with you? Or does it not matter if you have a pet? I'd prefer having permanent, but it doesn't matter •Are you partial to cloth wearers or do you want a little more bulk in your armor? I don't know what you mean by it since I'm new but I like more armour. •What have you played in other games before? Maybe you played a caster in another game and liked it, or have a fondness for barbarians/warriors. WoW might have a rough equivalent for you! Gates of Andaron, Diablo 3, and other MMO games. •Do you want to be able to heal yourself and others, or are you okay with lacking those spells? I'm ok lacking that skill, But I love them pots ;). •Which is your preference: attacking enemies from a distance or being up in their faces? In their faces, I like starring my enemies in the eyes. •Are you the sneaky type or do you take pleasure ripping out internal organs as a greeting right off the bat? Destroying them personally, Infront of them. •Do you want to be on the front lines with a shield or watching over your group to keep them safe? Watching over the group. •Will you be leveling with a friend or mostly on your own? If you're doing it with a friend, what are they planning to level, or have they not decided yet? By myself...Loner for life •Have you read about classes at all yet? If so, what stands out as interesting to you? Have you tried any classes already? Death Knight but can't play till 55, or a monk idk what level you got to be to play that. •Are you interested in the lore or story of Warcraft? Some classes have a lot of easily-absorbed lore while others are a little "less detailed" in their history. Um. As in do I care about the history? Not really. Prefer a bright and colorful gaming area. •Interested in roleplaying at all? This goes with the previous question, but some races/classes are easier to roleplay as a newbie than others (with lots of history to adhere to). As pretending to live somewhere? I can dig it but ill have to kill some people while roleplaying. •Do any of the races stick out to you as being attractive? Not every race can be every class, so if you have an early favorite (or if you really dislike one in particular) this can narrow things down. Midgets(Dwarfs), Pandas, and HumansGrizzlypro6 Dec 5, 2012
Dec 5, 2012 Lockboxes How do you open them? Thanks in advance.Bornan2 Dec 5, 2012
Dec 5, 2012 Got SoR and have not played since WotLK Hey guys a friend of mine got me onto the Area 52 server to rejoin them, boosting my level up to 80 and all that great stuff. My problem is I really have not placed in a while and was looking for guidance to get myself up to date with the game. What resources should I use for skill building? What sites should I read about things in general these days? Want to be places that have up too date info of course. Where should I read about changes to the game since I've been gone? Anything major worth explaining right now? Thanks for the guidance, would love to get back on my feet knowledge-wise. Also looking for other pve realms to try out as well if anyone would like to reccomend one (I'm EST if that makes a big difference). Got onto the Area 52 initially because of my buddy inviting me there but I'm not sure if I should stay or not, its pretty dense, but I wonder of that's really a bad thing these days. Would appreciate input on this. Thanks again for the helpKooper4 Dec 5, 2012
Dec 5, 2012 Macro for gathering? Is there a macro for gathering herbs and ore? Sometimes when you land its hard to specifically find the actual node to click on I have Carbonite, it's just sometimes the nodes are hiddenDiadom5 Dec 5, 2012
Dec 5, 2012 hi coming back, about scroll mount selling. so havnt played in about year and half.. was gonna come back. saw someone post elsewhere that they were selling their the mount you get from the scroll of Resurrection for in game gold. does anyone know if that is against the rules? wouldnt seem to be because its for in game currency for an in game mount.. next if anyone is willing to help me since i cant post of the server forums since i dont have an active account yet and cant make it active till i see if i am able to sell the mount for gold so i will be able to buy some items. anyone willing to make a post for me on a specific server forum about me selling the scroll mount and can give me a msg on my twitch.tv mail box.. thx ...Kevín5 Dec 5, 2012
Dec 5, 2012 Where are the portals???? I don't want to spend 10 minutes riding a griffin every time to get to the Plaguelands from Stormwind. Every other MMO has portals (Warhammer Online, Guild Wars 2, The Secret World). Get with the time, WoW! This game is too hardcore and old school.Kharnamatic11 Dec 5, 2012
Dec 5, 2012 Why do warriors deal less damage? I always thought it would be cool to be a warrior, so I tried it out, but it just wasn't so strong. Why is this? I think that pallies have better DPS than warriors, or am I wrong and warriors deal alot more DPS in the first place.Fortified4 Dec 5, 2012
Dec 5, 2012 Ban the Forums Or, at the very least, ban the "Popular Topics" from the WoW homepage. A brief backstory. I started playing in 2006. I played from then until July of 2012 when I let my gametime expire. I had to quit because my first child was born and both time and money became incredibly tight. However, after devoting six years of my life to this game, I've become attached to it and long for the day that I have the time and money to return. Because of my love for this game, I've been doing my best to keep up with things by checking the website daily. What I've seen of late, though, has really bothered me. The forums have always been a place for uncivilized discourse, so I'm used to a certain level of that, but this past weekend I've noticed some truly awful and terrifying posts. People not just complaining about the content but actually calling out developers. While this is bad enough, these posts are also being "highly rated" and getting enough responses that they make it onto the popular topics section, thereby elevating them to front-page material. I haven't played MoP yet, so I'm not going to speak to its content, but I'm looking at this through the eyes of a new player/returning player. If I was a new player and saw this, I might think it is indicative of the player base as a whole, and it might scare me off from the game. As a returning player, I'm now concerned that a new generation has taken over, one which thinks that writing, replying, and liking these comments on the forums is a productive and valuable use of peoples time. I'll admit -- this had made me question whether or not I even want to come back to the game. My first, knee-jerk reaction would be to ban the forums from the WoW homepage entirely. There are enough other forums out there for people to complain in, you don't need to give them a platform. However, I know that some posts are constructive and help bring the devs and player base closer together. So why not just eliminate the "popular topics" section? Make people have to go to individual categories for their information. Maybe this would help with some of the trolling. TL;DR -- Blizzard should be aware that the popular topics of the forums do not paint the game, the player base, or the company in the best light and may scare off new/returning players before they ever set foot in Pandaria.Dakashiek15 Dec 5, 2012
Dec 5, 2012 Deleted all my gold and chars frustrated vet I have been playing world of warcraft a long time. I deleted my level 85 shaman and level 86 mage last night, along with all my gold and gear. I am now competely broke and wondering if it would be best to just quit playing for good. both my shaman and mage were characters I levelled mainly to help my guild. All classes in wow are good, but I have never found one that I like. I cannot stand to play either my shaman or mage in any form. I hate that Ive played so many years and havent found a class I would like to play. I dont want to answer a Questionarre about wow chars, I have looked at them all and see not one that looks interesting/ . Im ready to just delete wow and be done with it.Dinans45 Dec 5, 2012
Dec 5, 2012 New class help? IF YOU'RE A VETERAN AND HAVE PLAYED EXTENSIVELY: ---> OR HAVE LEVELED PAST 60 What have you played before? Paladin, Shaman How far did you level it? Paladin 85, Shaman 88 Describe what you liked and disliked about those classes. Be detailed! Paladin: I liked that they were fun and strong overall and healing spells were very useful. I disliked the ratio of so many defensive spells to so little offensive spells. And they were a little slow leveling. Shaman - I loved leveling this class. (Elemental) Again, healing spells were quite convinient. Had great dps and was just very fun overall. I did however dislike managing the totems and before MoP, they were quite the mana burners. With a friend or alone? What's your friend going to be leveling? I'll be leveling alone. Are you leveling via PvE or PvP? Chain-running dungeons? I'll be doing mostly PvE with maybe a little PvP. I'll probably chain run dungeons. Will you be doing primarily raids/dungeons at level cap (PvE) or knocking the opposing faction in the balls over a flag (PvP)? Raids. Will you be multiboxing or just playing a single character? I might get my shaman too 90 while I'm playing but that's about it. Race preference? Either for looks or the actual racials (or lore!). I'm a big fan of the Horde races, primarily, Orcs, Undead, and Blood Elves Heals/tank/DPS? What's your style for DPS - melee or ranged? Dps/ranged Any favorite game mechanics? (DoTs, HoTs, stealth, mana, etc) I don't really have favorties :/ Hybrid or pure? Does it matter? Well after running two hybrids I think I want to roll a pure. Pet or temporary pet or none at all? Does it matter? It doesn't matter. Throw in any extra details here: That's about all I can think of. I'm not really picky about armor. SO yeah I guess this is it!Orcastic5 Dec 5, 2012
Dec 5, 2012 Auctions when game time expires My game time recently expired but I had auctions in the auction house when it did. What happens to the auctions when game time expires? Do the auctions automatically expire when game time does, or do they continue as normal (can people buy something from someone who doesn't have game time?)?Valrath3 Dec 5, 2012
Dec 5, 2012 Did a 10 day trial for Cata have original wow Hello, I have a quick question. I recently restarted my old account from 2005 (I had no idea I could recall it) and it has all my level 60 gear (beaststalker woot!) I have a question about something I didn't really think about it. I set up a 10 day Cataclysm trial, the question I have is will it level my character during the 10 day trial? Will it mess up the original vanilla wow account? Just wanted to make sure before I start going out and fulfilling all my molten core and black wing lair dreams!Takeisan4 Dec 5, 2012
Dec 4, 2012 Cash Mount and Pets Is there anything special about the mounts and pets in the cash shop aside from them looking a tad fancier than their in-game mount/pet counterparts? I've been looking around and don't see anything special about them except for collection purposes.Vajrayana2 Dec 4, 2012
Dec 4, 2012 Clueless about Death Knights I see tons of people going unholy and doing waaaay more dps than I do, I also see people going frost doing WAY more dps than I do, I follow Noxxic (mostly) a lot of people say 2h is best but Noxxic says DW is and I just dont understand, I don't really undewrstand the rotations and such so I just use Bittens Spellflash for DK but it says it optimizes your dps and I see lots of DKS with not as good gear as I have and they do tons of dps, are there any people who can tell me simply how ot play and what moves to use? I don't usually like all that stuff because it really requires you to focus and be really serious, but mainly I like to have fun, I saw a DK and he was unholy, I dueled him and he killed me sooo fast, for some reason I dont know how he was healing himself a lot, the only healing move I know for a DK is death pact which has a 2m cool down. So mainly what I want is an any experienced DK telling me which Spec and what talents and which weapons to use, because I'm really bad, I went unholy and did 17k dps, if I go frost without using any addons I do pretty much the same, are there any simple ways of playing the game and just doing a lot of dps in pvp and pve? I really need help, so if any Death knight could help me it would be much appreciated. And for the last thing, I would just like it if you could tell me which you think is best for pvp and pve!Senorchang5 Dec 4, 2012
Dec 4, 2012 Chardev 10 + WoW Reforge Questions Hello. I need some help with Chardev 10. http://chardev.org/Planner.html I do not know how to delete a saved profile of a planned character. Can someone tell me how? Also, with WoW Reforge.. http://www.wowreforge.com/ I cannot load my character. I think it has to do with the  in my name. I also have tried copying the link of my characters profile and pasting it in the name bar. That does not work either. Is there a way to get around this? Thanks in advance!Âzzarth4 Dec 4, 2012
Dec 4, 2012 Resetting Spec I just went to the druid trainer in Darnassus and after I hit reset I went back into the little page where you pick which type of druid you want to be and I wasn't given the option to pick another spec. I want to change from Guardian to Feral. WAT DO?Duwi1 Dec 4, 2012
Dec 4, 2012 Are there any Kalimdor barber shops... Are there any Kalimdor barber shops for Alliance?Pandem9 Dec 4, 2012
Dec 4, 2012 Please help me, potential new player to WoW Okay so I remember a few months back I tried the level 20 trial and I ragequit after level 2 because I didn't know what to do. I am a very long player of runescape and I believe that game is very user friendly unlike WoW which is a lot more complicated. However I decided to give it a try again and I feel like I am already addicted haha. Just level 5 only been running around but it seems like a game I can get pulled into which I like. I wanted a lot of advice and link to decent guides. WoW is a big world and people said its not worth it because its just filled with people playing the game for years and years. I had a lot of questions and have been researching around and I got a job now so I don't mind paying for the subscription. I don't have a lot of time but I can get on for about 2 hours a day. 1) I wanted to know what I can do as a beginner because there is simply so much to do in this game and I don't know where to start. I like pvping but I had to make a new account just to join the pvp realm in the trial. I thought I could use my other accounts to pvp also or am I missing somethings? 2) Also there are quite a few expansions out. Wrath of the lych king, cataclysm, mists of pandaria. How exactly do I start playing WoW? which is the one everyone plays I am really confused. Is there just a main WoW game and the expansions are like additions to the maps? or is it a whole new WoW game? So if I get lets say only cataclysm, will I still be able to play with the massive community or will I have to get MoP to do that or all of them? I am not sure how I get to start playing with everyone. What exactly do I have to buy, my futureshop has everything of WoW, I just don't know what to get. 3) Also how does subcription work? I don't have a credit card and I don't want to buy a prepaid mastercard unless I have to. My futureshop sells 30 and 60 days game cards for like $15 and $30. Can I simply buy those to active my account and add time or will I have to add a credit card. How do I upgrade my battleaccount exactly, I know you have to enter your key of your digital or physical copy and its upgraded and you also get 30 days free right? or will I have to enter my CC info and then it is officially activated and I get the 30 days to. Sorry I wrote a lot but I really want as much as information I can get before I buy the game and pay for the subscription. Someone please answer them with detail and provide links if you wish! -SwatchyySwatchyy32 Dec 4, 2012
Dec 4, 2012 low level attacking Just curious, do low level hostile creatures ever stop attacking characters that are much higher level then them? Will I ever get to the point where I can run past Orgrimmar and the clattering scorpid won't take a stab at me as I run by?Teapray15 Dec 4, 2012
Dec 4, 2012 experience how long does it take to get from 80 to 85?Sosara4 Dec 4, 2012
Dec 4, 2012 Death Knight Let's say I know absolutely nothing about Death Knight except that they are the first hero class of WoW, can tank/dps and are not very liked by general population. Now I am planning to roll my first DK, what are the things I must know? Please note that, I am very excited about it and the DK forum was quite awful at providing any beginner's guide. One additional question, is DK viable in pvp which I intend to do mostly? I do not like to die easy. Thank you.Sweetcurse4 Dec 4, 2012
Dec 4, 2012 Need Help On Figuring Out My Rotation!? I am a Frost Spec Death Knight, But i can not figure out My rotation for A good Crit. Cicle? Can any one help?Rashar4 Dec 4, 2012
Dec 4, 2012 questing as holy I was wondering since i went holy would i be able to get gear to do heroics just by doing dungeons?Azurapally7 Dec 4, 2012
Dec 4, 2012 Need Suggestions 4 New Player Hello, I am fresh in WoW not literally ive watched videos etc. Just havn't played. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on Class/Race combination on what you prefer or works best. I am still trying to figure out what type of play I want. Please post responses below. ThanksGrizzlypro10 Dec 4, 2012
Dec 4, 2012 Action bar & UI Issue Hi guys, today i was messing around with my interface option. After some checking my action bar and ui is messed up. i assure that its not being caused by addOn as i use very few. When im in BG or dungeon, whenever i loose control or rooted etc... my whole action bar blacks out and cooldown circle comes out and goes back to normal when im back in control. Do you have any idea what is causing this? Also how can i get my all my settings back to blizzard default (like after u freshly install WoW) ThanksFreak7 Dec 4, 2012
Dec 4, 2012 hmm need help how does a hunter attack.. i cant seem to use her weaponsSosara9 Dec 4, 2012
Dec 4, 2012 Anything to do while AFK? Hi everyone, I'm new here. I started playing recently and I'm enjoying the game so far. However, exams are coming up and I'm going to spend most of my time studying. I would like to know if there is any AFK feature that this game has to offer. For example, in various other games that I used to play, they had this AFK fishing feature where we can just simply make profit while doing something that is not related to the game. I've looked around and the only thing I've seen that is AFK-related is AFKing in dungeons for free looting but that is really unethical and I don't want to do something that would displease other players for no particular reason. So if anybody knows any legit AFK feature that this game has, I'd be truly grateful. Thank you for your time in reading this.Vajrayana5 Dec 4, 2012
Dec 4, 2012 possible to get my epic flying from farming? I don't understand the 'working the market' no matter how many youtube videos i watch about auctioneer. I decided to level both mining and herbalism could this get me enough bank for epic flying within a reasonable amount of time?Ghost3 Dec 4, 2012
Dec 4, 2012 LF a new alt What have you played before? Level 90 Death Knight, Level 90 Shaman, and Level 85 Hunter How far did you level it? See above Describe what you liked and disliked about those classes. Be detailed! DK: Liked how the melee dps system... also liked how they burst, and the mobility they have (with AMS making you immune to certain things + death grip/chains of ice). Only dislike was their survivability once your AMS and Death Pact was on CD. Shaman: It was interesting trying out the caster side of DPS, I liked the totem system and their burst damage they have. My dislikes was they weren't very mobile, and currently how they are glass pillows (no offense lol) Hunter: I liked the whole trap system they have, and how mobile they were. Plus I really liked the damage output they have. My only dislike about it is the fact that I just get bored whenever I play on him. With a friend or alone? What's your friend going to be leveling? Alone Are you leveling via PvE or PvP? Chain-running dungeons? Mixed Will you be doing primarily raids/dungeons at level cap (PvE) or knocking the opposing faction in the balls over a flag (PvP)? Majority PvP, with some PvE Will you be multiboxing or just playing a single character? Single Race preference? Either for looks or the actual racials (or lore!). As long as it is Horde (including Panda) Heals/tank/DPS? What's your style for DPS - melee or ranged? Melee DPS, but open to heals and tanks even Any favorite game mechanics? (DoTs, HoTs, stealth, mana, etc) Didn't mind the disease system of the DK, plus the shock system of the Shaman Hybrid or pure? Does it matter? Doesn't matter Pet or temporary pet or none at all? Does it matter? Doesn't matter Throw in any extra details here: I feel a lot more comfortable with melee dps, but if say a caster role fits more, please recommend it! Thanks in advance!Ragaros3 Dec 4, 2012
Dec 4, 2012 Bug Report Again, I have a free trail account, and this is the only section of the forums I can post in. Anyways, I was just exploring around Dustwallow and I saw that the guards and Alliance quest givers at North Point Tower weren't flagged for pvp. Is this a bug because that would be kind of stupid if Horde can just kill Alliance quest givers without getting flagged.Tiannos2 Dec 4, 2012
Dec 4, 2012 What Addons should I be getting? Should I even be getting addons? What addons do you suggest and will help me?Rudelber13 Dec 4, 2012
Dec 3, 2012 Need advise on How to jump into Instances I have been playing for about 5 months now. After leveling to 85 during Cata and then 90 with MOP, I have always turned back to either leveling another couple of toons or farming for my professions and doing the auciton house. I've always put off doing dungeons by telling myself that I would jump in when I was more comfortable with my rotations and the game in general and also when I could get decent gear so I wouldn't die immediately. I now see that this has just been an excuse. The real reason for my hesitation is that I do not want to mess up and let other players down because of my newbie dungeon play. I am not a total virgin here though...I have gone into one vanilla dungeon with a low level toon and seemed to do alright, and I have also breezed through a scenario with my main. My question is.....how can I get over this fear? Should I go to YouTube and Study every instance available to me before ever trying dungeon finder? Or should I just jump in with both feet and hope for the best? Also, I have a question over the loot system. In the one dungeon that I did go through---the other players were breezing through it. After each boss and when the loot screen came up....I never had time to look at what was offered and my choices. The screen came up and everyone else had already ran off down the corner for the next pulls. This was my first time seeing a loot screen and I didn't have time to really figure them out. I just clicked the coin icon every time and just hoped for the best because everything was going so fast. How can I get around this confusion?Chrocent3 Dec 3, 2012
Dec 3, 2012 expansion how can i get to the new areas of the expansion pack battle chest?Kalhin17 Dec 3, 2012
Dec 3, 2012 Stuck between Warlocks or Mages So yeah, got some cloth heirlooms and want to start RaF'ing one of the 2. I was considering a frost mage ( no other spec ! just frost ) but my main concern is the self healing, or rather the lack of it. I saw warlocks got some pretty good self heals, like that channeled one ( sry don't know all the skill names yet ) and the healthstone. Ontop of that they get pets which makes soloing stuff abit easier ( I'd like to solo some older raid content like Molten Core, AQ, etc ... ) but I'd also like to try out PvP since that's the one thing in any game at all I've been avoiding and I feel like I want to get into it right now. I don't have MoP only up to Cata. So here's some questions ; 1 ) Which has more instant cast skills ? I don't exactly like standing still to cast something, though I do like channeling skills for some reason. 2 ) Which has more survivablity both in PvE, and PvP ? 3 ) Which would have better AoE damage ? 4 ) I heard Warlock is more DoT dependant, however that doesn't really fit my playstyle. Is there a fun and good spec for Warlocks that is more focused on straight out damage bursts ? I love the looks of Demo but I got no clue how it's playstyle is. And last but not least 5 ) Which would take the least amount of time to build up damage ? I played a rogue and so far I don't like the way it takes so long to build up damage. yes, I'm at top DPS in random instances but only when fighting bosses, trash packs I can't even get enough damage off and I feel just useless. Thanks in advance :) , -ZeRoD.Frozthax4 Dec 3, 2012