New Player Help and Guides

Oct 26, 2012 Noob Halloween Quest and Geography Questions I have the worst time trying to get things done that require a knowledge of WoW geography... One of the Alliance Halloween quests is to douse the Wickerman at Lordaeron. Can someone please tell me how the heck to get there? I've tried going in the direction of Undercity, but you have to pass through Horde territory which is guarded by NPCs with over 500K+ hit points. They kill me often (another low level quest line told me I had to go to Silverfang Keep so I have plenty of experience with this). Do you just have to be level 90 to get there unscathed? Also, when the Halloween quests were first set up, I did the fire quest (putting fire out) at Dun Morogh and didn't have any problem. It showed me how many times I had to douse the fire, but I tried to do that quest in Goldshire and I was there just dumping buckets forever with no results. I thought it might be because so many people were there trying to do it so I gave up and went back to Don Morogh where I knew it worked, but had the same problem there (no indication of how many times I had to dump buckets and no results from doing so). I ended up having to "abandon" that daily quest in Don Morogh as well. What am I doing wrong? I seem to have more problems than most trying to find things in this game (probably because I've been playing graphic RPG games for less than a month for the first time in my life). For example, I've been trying to find Cap'n J. Garvey in the Ratchet area, but I've looked all over that island he's on multiple times and can't find him anywhere (and I think I got sent there when a lower level quest got mixed into the higher level quests I was doing in Stranglethorn, which led me to Booty Bay, which led me to Ratchet). Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.Shavai5 Oct 26, 2012
Oct 26, 2012 Hello, I am being resurrected and had a ... question. Since the way it works I can make a new character and have that new character boosted, what is the better dps classes for raiding? I was told warriors are up there? So whats the dealio?Shäggy3 Oct 26, 2012
Oct 26, 2012 How to make you're helm not appear? I've seen a bunch of people who's helm doesn't appear, yet they're wearing one. How can i get in on this?Equus2 Oct 26, 2012
Oct 25, 2012 How to link items/spells/quests in WoW Forums Like the title says, just curious how to link items, spells and quests in the forums. I've just recently started posting on the forums a lot and would like to know! I do know how to link items; Bijou's Belongings Only because there's a "Link WoW Item" button. As for spells and quests, I have no clue. Thanks in advance!Klet3 Oct 25, 2012
Oct 25, 2012 all mobs have red names now? before only quest objective monsters had red names, now all aggressive monsters do. how do i get this back to normal?Cry4 Oct 25, 2012
Oct 25, 2012 Pandaria World PvP, will it last? Do you think World PvP will last and stay active for some time. I really always enjoyed PvP in games like Daoc. Tho what I did play of Wows PvP when I had a level 70 was fun, I'm just wondering if it would still be an active thing by the time I take my time to 90 or should I just play my free level 80? I made a knew account to start fresh with new RP character and a new slate for Achievements.Jalamar2 Oct 25, 2012
Oct 25, 2012 I'm rich, now what? By reading through this forum, I picked up that learning the professions of mining and herbalism are decent ways to make money. So I gathered every herb I could and mined every node and put the results in the auction house, along with all the linen cloths I've been dragging around. I think I got very lucky because now I have over 250 gold! So, um, what should I do with it? I know I can search for weapons and armor in the auction house, but everything I saw is clearly geared for characters much higher and even richer than I am. Is there any way to just look for low level stuff, or cheap +int gear (that is what I, a Holy Priest, ought to be looking for, right?) I got a flying mount in the mail for buying the souped up version of Panderia. I know I have to pay for training when I get to 20 and can use the thing. Do I need to save up all my money for that?Teapray10 Oct 25, 2012
Oct 25, 2012 Quest rewards based on your spec? Dont know where else to post this so I figured here is just as best as anywhere. So to start of with my MS is Holy Priest. OS being Shadow. I've noticed as I've been questing that all my quest rewards have basically been all Shadow gear (no spirit). I've discussed this with people in chat and I was told that quest rewards are based on your spec your in. With that said how would I go about getting Holy gear to continue with my instance heals? Should I quest as Holy? Pick up quests as Holy then switch to Shadow and do the quests and then switch back to Holy to turn the quest in? Or is this just all my imagination and there just isn't any quest rewards with spirit attached to them? lolCaldrah9 Oct 25, 2012
Oct 25, 2012 Yellow feathered arrows will Questing &... getting one-shot killed while walking. Sometimes when on a Quest 2 yellow feathered arrows pop-up on either side of me. What do they mean? I was around Goldshire/Ewelyn Forest walking down the road looking for Copper. It's a level under-10 place, I'm lvl 40. Suddenly this Panda-looking guy pops up right beside me and instantly changes into something else, Red Hordish looking, and one-shots me dead. (it happened too fast to really tell what he was). I run from the graveyard and resurrect and he instantly appears beside me and one-shots my again! WTF? Who is that?Lawsonham5 Oct 25, 2012
Oct 25, 2012 which pet for a demonology warlock The strategy guide that came with my battle chest said use a Felguard, but I am having trouble keeping him alive against multiple enemies. So should I stick with the Felguard or try a different pet?Ihsahn3 Oct 25, 2012
Oct 25, 2012 Veteran player in search of an alt! I just came back to the game after a two year hiatus, and fell in love with the newness of this monk, and just kept playing until she was 90... however, after playing Horde since 2006, I really need something new! and I can't decide! IF YOU'RE A VETERAN AND HAVE PLAYED EXTENSIVELY: ---> OR HAVE LEVELED PAST 60 What have you played before? 88- Orc warrior, prot 85 paladin 85 mage 84 priest How far did you level it? 84-88 Describe what you liked and disliked about those classes. Be detailed! With the warrior, I disliked being prot, but its the only thing I ever knew because they started out with a sword and board in the beginning area or at least I think she did it was so long ago... so I kept up with it. I liked the melee aspect of it, but didnt like the responsibilty of tanking. My paladin, I dont like at all, the only thing I like about her is she looks cool in her armor, and that is pretty bad =/. My mage, is my original character from 2006. I love everything about her, but I am bored with her as every expansion I have worked on her and would like something different. My priest I am hesitant to level because I do not want to heal :/ With a friend or alone? What's your friend going to be leveling? Alone :) Are you leveling via PvE or PvP? Chain-running dungeons? I have never really tried PvP, and I would like to try it but mostly PvE Will you be doing primarily raids/dungeons at level cap (PvE) or knocking the opposing faction in the balls over a flag (PvP)? Mostly dungeons, but I want to give PvP a good try. Will you be multiboxing or just playing a single character? Single Race preference? Either for looks or the actual racials (or lore!). I want to try my best for alliance because I have only had horde!! Also, I do love lore, so perhaps someone out there knows more in depth lore about alliance? All I know is the dwarven history and that is because of Wrath expansion Heals/tank/DPS? What's your style for DPS - melee or ranged? DPS, ranged or melee works :) Any favorite game mechanics? (DoTs, HoTs, stealth, mana, etc) Hybrid or pure? Does it matter? Im just worried if I make a hybrid that Ill get pressured into healing like I am now on this monk. I really don't want to heal. Pet or temporary pet or none at all? Does it matter? Doesnt matter:) Throw in any extra details here: I have tried making a DK before but it never works out for me, I can't get into them for the life of me.Lilymarie2 Oct 25, 2012
Oct 25, 2012 What suits paladins best? Hello everyone, I'm just starting into WoW and I've finally come to the conclusion that I'd like to play a paladin, preferably the retribution spec. But I've heard that what race you play is important, due to those "racial" things. I don't understand what they mean exactly since I'm a noob basically. But I'd like to know IN YOUR OPINION, what is the best race combo for a ret pally! I don't care either horde or alliance, (if possible alliance though c: ) Just please name the race below and WHY you chose it, thankyou!Simt4 Oct 25, 2012
Oct 25, 2012 Tips on Finding a Good Guild I am having a hard time finding a good guild all the guild. Almost found one but the Guild Leader hasn't been on for over 1 month and they haven't goten a new one that I saw. Also when ever I try to talk to people about their guild they don't reply. Last what is the best place to find info on guilds on my realm tried Guild Finder but don't really se any PvP guild there that do RBGs. So any tips will help me a lot.Pansar2 Oct 25, 2012
Oct 25, 2012 Yet another Recruit-A-Friend Question So blah blah I have a friend who is going to buy the battle chest tomorrow to kick start her game-play. Does the month of game-time count as one of the two months required for me to get my new Obsidian Nightwing mount? If it doesn't, well I don't mind. I will finally know someone on World of Warcraft!Hellos3 Oct 25, 2012
Oct 25, 2012 dungeon que time long, wait heirlooms now :( I have a lv 90 frost mage I would like two heirloom daggers to start a rogue but it will take much longer than i thought as dps (previously a healer). Que is about 20-30 minutes or so... any tips to gain justice points?Dust7 Oct 25, 2012
Oct 25, 2012 New player here Uhh i suck at world of warcraft mists of panderia so much ?? i dont know what to do in the game ? i keep walking around and not know what to do ..its hasnt been fun.. can someone teach me how to play the game please???Shellystar6 Oct 25, 2012
Oct 25, 2012 Wanting to Start Tanking Im a frost Blood DK i want to start tanking, is there anyone who has a Fourm thread or can post what my Rotation and my Talent Specs should be. Thank youMostdopee4 Oct 25, 2012
Oct 25, 2012 Discount question. I started playing WOW and I really enjoyed playing (iv been playing nonstop). I want to upgrade to cataclysm and mop together, it's 42% off. My question is, how long will it stay 42% off? I need a week before I can buy them.Vyndalor3 Oct 25, 2012
Oct 24, 2012 Trying to decide on professions So I'm about to max out herbalism/skinning, and want to pick up a crafting profession. I had been planning on getting tailoring/enchanting, but now I kinda of want to keep herb and get inscription as well. Any recommendations? I know enchanting/tailoring will cost a lot more, but how do they compare in terms of profit/usefulness?Dragonjts3 Oct 24, 2012
Oct 24, 2012 Question on magic classes and hunters I like the ranged DPS style of play and was wondering if only hunters are constant ranged DPS. I noticed my mage starting out cannot shoot anything from his staff and was wondering if eventual upgrades allow me to shoot bolts of whatever from my staffBrynwo5 Oct 24, 2012
Oct 24, 2012 whats with my name being taken i wanted to make a toon on stormrever but my name is taken and when i searched my name only two ppl not me have that name and none of them are on stormrever any idea why i cant use it? did they make it so only that name can be used once per battle group now?Aunkah4 Oct 24, 2012
Oct 24, 2012 Monk or Hunter? I am about to buy the full game, including MoP and I wanted to know pro's and con's of hunters/monks, not which one is more fun :) And some additonal questions I have are: 1. Which one will be good in arenas/BG's 2. Do hunter's get self healing 3. Do hunter's have some sort of way to stay alive from DoT's? (i.e. dispell)Mileson2 Oct 24, 2012
Oct 24, 2012 Level Cap on Starters If you're account is starter, and you reach level 20. Does it log you off and not let you play until you buy it? Or does it just lock the XP at 0 where you can't earn any more XP until you buy it? And if it doesn't kick you off at 20, can starters buy a mount and the riding skill if you have enough gold?Deadcomedian2 Oct 24, 2012
Oct 24, 2012 To tow or not to tow? I am looking for information regarding character towing through instances so that I can best help my wife level her 69 hunter. We have 5 month old twins so we are often pulled away from playing together. Can someone educate me on the topic of "character towing"? Most of the information out there seems outdated and I have come up empty handed. Thanks in advance for any advice or tips.Whose6 Oct 24, 2012
Oct 24, 2012 Horseman attacking characters. What it says on the tin. On my horde toon, and in the early days of HE, fighting fires was just an issue of getting everybody to cooperate and not miss anything. Lately, though, the Goldshire horseman (on Azuremyst) has been attacking characters, with both confusion and death hindering the efforts. So what provokes him to attack characters? If my hunch is correct and that this is a reaction to an attack from a character, how would one open a ticket to say "it's possible this is just a string of players not knowing what to do, and I don't know who's doing this, but I have very strong suspicions of griefing". Putting it like that, it looks too vague to be of any real help.Valeroy5 Oct 24, 2012
Oct 24, 2012 Raiding queries and questions Hi all, I've tried a bit of raiding on my Mage on EU servers but recently moved to Canada so I'm playing on US server, this Monk is my main character and to be honest was really worried about going as a healer even in LFR groups, my questions are - Is there a way to edit the group/raid bar on the left hand side without 3rd party addons?, I'm not really a fan of addons but at the moment I use Healium for 5 man dungeons as using it for raids takes up about 75% of the screen :-) - second is a quick one, when do your servers reset for the week? So I can jump back into raids and get loot etc :-p Thank you for any replies, if there is not a way to edit the default group tool then I may take the plunge on a raid addon and would love some suggestions.Sensubean6 Oct 24, 2012
Oct 24, 2012 lore/questing character advice IF YOU'RE A VETERAN AND HAVE PLAYED EXTENSIVELY: ---> OR HAVE LEVELED PAST 60 What have you played before? How far did you level it? I have an 85 Prot Warrior, 85 Enh Shaman, 85 Shadow Priest, 85 Destr Warlock, and various sub 40 alts Describe what you liked and disliked about those classes. Be detailed! I love tanking, always have, but typically I've played my tank in a duo, group or raid situation never solo. Enh shaman was my first high level alt that I switched to for Cata raiding and was a blast. Shadow priest was a insta-level via scroll of rez. I always wanted to play one but could never get past that leveling hump to get some of their spec defining abilities so this was the shortcut. It was my first cloth caster that I enjoyed in any MMO. The warlock I've had since day 1 of vanilla and just never levelled him past the 40s until recently. Once I got into the 60s I really started enjoying him again (even more than the priest). The voidlord makes me feel safe while nuking :) With a friend or alone? What's your friend going to be leveling? Alone, I already have duo/group characters Are you leveling via PvE or PvP? Chain-running dungeons? PVE only, no dungeons at all preferably (see details below) Will you be doing primarily raids/dungeons at level cap (PvE) or knocking the opposing faction in the balls over a flag (PvP)? Hmm, I haven't really thought about cap with this character. It's really just for leveling and questing - basically I want to see the sights of the Horde side and experience the storylines. Will you be multiboxing or just playing a single character? Single Character Race preference? Either for looks or the actual racials (or lore!). Prefer Pandaren (that's what the 23 mage is now) but not a requirement Heals/tank/DPS? What's your style for DPS - melee or ranged? In the past in other MMOs (and in WoW previously) I've played tanks or melee DPS, but the last two chars I leveled up before MoP were a Shadow Priest and Destr Warlock and after I got past the initial squishiness and started getting some more survivability (and damage to kill things faster) I got the hang of how to play a clothie. Any favorite game mechanics? (DoTs, HoTs, stealth, mana, etc) I like to try everything out. For soloing about the only thing that wasn't a fun for me was affliction lock - too many dots. Even as destr, I would hardly dot stuff questing since things died so fast. I would only use dots in dungeons. Hybrid or pure? Does it matter? Definitely doesn't matter Pet or temporary pet or none at all? Does it matter? Hmm, this is part of the problem with the frost mage. After leveling up a warlock, I'm not sure I want another pet class. I had thought about hunter as an easy to solo class but then thought the same thing - too close to the warlock I just leveled. Throw in any extra details here: Here's my story :) I've got the above 85s that I like (just got the warlock to 85) but they're all on Alliance side. My wife and I decided to switch to Horde for a while and so we're starting from scratch. New server, no heirlooms, no twinking. We have a monk/monk tank/healer combo that we're leveling up together via quests and dungeons. What I'm looking for is a solo class or two to do all the loremaster achievements (never done them on the alliance side either except just by accident on a few zones) so I'm going to quest only (even though I might wind up outlevelling zones) and skip dungeons completely. I'm working on a ret Pally for the Kalimdor path and am looking for something to level through the Eastern Kingdoms side. I was thinking frost mage and have gotten to 23 but after just getting my warlock to 85 I feel like the frost mage is a weak warlock. Is it too soon to judge the mage or should I switch to arcane so I get a different (non-pet) feel to the character to differentiate it from the warlock? Or switch to something else entirely? I'm open to suggestions. I've never played a rogue very high but I've always been worried they're more of a group, pure-dps class not a questing class (except for the ability to stealth right to objectives). I wasn't sure about boomkin vs mage if I wanted a nuker. Or feral instead of rogue - are ferals really watered down rogues (as far as the number of abilities they have as cat)? but I guess they make up for it in off-spec abilities (healing, bear if they get in trouble).Wilim3 Oct 24, 2012
Oct 24, 2012 World Layout in Battle Chest? I have a friend who is considering buying the battlechest. He can only afford the battle chest for the first few months or so. My question is, what does the world look like? Will it look like pre-Cataclysm Azeroth? Will I even see him in game and be able to talk to him? Just wondering if anyone can clear this up for me. Thank you very muchDreadpenny3 Oct 24, 2012
Oct 24, 2012 Question on annual pass I won't be able to get my bank to permit me a credit card untill next year since I'm changing locations. Paperwork etc etc. Would it be possible to use those prepaid gamecards you find in gamestop to pay for about four months? I honestly can't find anything on it.Purist3 Oct 24, 2012
Oct 24, 2012 could i skip heirloom weapons/ I have cape,helm shoulders and chest.. i'm bored of bgs and want to start my rogue... would i regret not getting the boa daggers?Dust3 Oct 24, 2012
Oct 24, 2012 Where to now? Been playing WoW for about a year but sorta stuck now in MoP. I just finished up the quests in Tian Monestary and suddenly, I don't seem to have any active or bread-crumb quests left in my log. I obviously seem to have missed something. I've found the 'Outcast Sprite' quest line, but this appears to be a sideline. Where am I supposed to go after the monastery, and who should have given me the quests? TIAGeodyr3 Oct 24, 2012
Oct 24, 2012 Whats Good? Hello, What are quick and easy ways to grind money that Isn't to slow for somewhat at around level 70? Mining/Herbalism Just seems kinda slow for money and I can't even aford Artisan Riding (4k Gold) And I really wanna be able to aford things for now on but for me to be able to do that I need some suggestions on what to do that Isn't hard to do. I do not have any other alts nor Mains. I'm a Night elf monk who has a wealth of 2k gold. All tips, Suggestions Would be great!Mónk5 Oct 24, 2012
Oct 24, 2012 Pandaren Question Created one last night. I received an SoR So I went to boost it to level 80. It says "character must be out of starting zone and must choose alliance or horde". I am almost level 10, at what point do I have to choose alliance or horde?Dlm4 Oct 24, 2012
Oct 24, 2012 Looking to get back into wow Hi everyone as the title suggests I have had a bit of a lengthy break, I spent many many hours in WOTLK and when Cata dropped I wasn't to excited, paid for a 60 day game card and never bothered renewing my sub. Half the reason was my guild had changed significantly and that Cata just did not interest me. I lvled my rogue up to 85 and didn't even bother with my hunter. Anyway I have a few questions to ask. 1. How is MOP? I have heard a lot of good things about it and it seems to have brought the fun back into WOW but was looking for more opinions. 2. If I decide to get back into wow I will want to server transfer this character, I am an Australian and was wondering what a good oceanic PVP server is, reasonably balanced, good economy and just an overall decent server? Also considering having a faction change, not sure yet.. Any answers would be great, as long as a dirty troll doesn't get amongst it haha. Cheers in advance :)Skillzz3 Oct 24, 2012
Oct 24, 2012 heroics give more justice points than regs? I want to get heirlooms quickly, should i go heroics or regs?Nv2 Oct 24, 2012
Oct 24, 2012 cant find a character that i like "( im still new(almost 2 months), only managed to get a 85 ret paladin and this mage. but i still dont feel they fit my style of gameplay (i prefer PvP over grinding) Mage was fun at first. but i always end up rushing into battle like i was a melee. Lol and ret paladin didnt do it for me... i was either thinking of a priest, or rogue or warrior. preist im afraid might end up being like a mage. rogue seems fun being unseen and atacking when you least expect it. and warrior for 2 weapons :) any insight ?Diabolïc11 Oct 24, 2012
Oct 24, 2012 Weapon sheathing Does anyone know how to sheath weapons on your back instead of the sides of your legs? Looks cool.Rubberchops10 Oct 24, 2012
Oct 24, 2012 Healing Potions, Life Spirits, Bandages I have all three of these which will restore health. Do any of them share a CD, or can I use them all, one after the other, if I'm in deep doo? TIAGeodir5 Oct 24, 2012
Oct 23, 2012 Ports (not the in-game portals) Hello! Is it possible for a Mage (I think that is the correct class) to create a port to Vashj'ir for a lvl 74 to be able to get there? I'm confused about this...i've heard that there is no way for me to get there at my level and I've heard that a Mage could send me. Could somebody clarify for me? And if they can do it, can the port send me to an Inn? (I'm trying to collect the candy). Thanks so much for the help!Yzal14 Oct 23, 2012
Oct 23, 2012 Friend gave me a SoR, unsure what to play as. Well, I played WoW for a little bit years ago. Game kinda bored me, so I went elsewhere, to similar games. Those games were closed, and I just kinda gave up. Recently a fella I work with asked me if he got me a level 80 Character and the newest expansions with the exception of MoP, would I play? I told him I would, so here I am. I'm currently awaiting his email, and until then, I'm contemplating what to play. I was never good at this game. I understand the 3 basic roles of DPS, Tanking, and Healing, but I don't know how to actually do them. Healing sounds boring as hell to me, so it'll have to be DPS or Tanking. How does each really play out? How hard are those two styles to master for a newer player? What race/class suits those styles best? Include the spec too please. Keep in mind, I'll be rolling a Horde character. Well, thanks for the help guys!Nepharis4 Oct 23, 2012
Oct 23, 2012 Dinging 85 in MoP? I've just made it to level 85 (first time making it!) and now I'm wondering what I'm supposed to do now. Do I focus on gearing up at all, or just keep on keeping on with the leveling process? I've yet to get MoP, so I'll probably focus on gearing for a few days until I do pick up the expansion.Clegane6 Oct 23, 2012
Oct 23, 2012 Battle-Chest Price So, I saw that the Battle-Chest is advertised as $5, but when I go to pay it asks for $10. I'm so confused.Ashwen6 Oct 23, 2012
Oct 23, 2012 Too late to return/start playing WOW? Im sure that this question has been asked before, but I haven't seen it asked since MoP was released. I haven't played WOW in close to a year, and had only played for a couple of months prior to that, I had to leave for a change in jobs and I wanted to really focus/apply all of my attention to it until I had settled in. I would like to start playing again but was wondering if it would just be too late now. I know people have been playing for years, and just now really starting I would be unable to get some of the titles and other unique things that have been available in the past, especially since this game is most likely coming to a close due to them talking about only releasing one maybe two more expansions.Mahalleinir3 Oct 23, 2012
Oct 23, 2012 Newly returned, questions about conquest cap! So I havent played WoW in quite a while just came back for pandaria (so hold your bashing to yourself haha hopefully will get some serious answers), and im so confused about the conquest cap. I keep seeing people with mel glad weps already and apparently you can increase your conquest cap as high as 3300!??? WHAT? haha I had no idea, soo how can I do this? RBG's are out of the question because whenever I ask to get in a group they either want me to have 2200 rating or no invite... but like how am I ever going to get 2200 when i can never get into a group without already having it... magic? So that leaves me arenas. How high of a rating do I need in 2's 3's or 5's to increase cap? (preferably 2's)? And also how do I see my rating? Every time i switch teams the rating next to my name in the team screen changes I have no idea where to find my personal rating.Blitss4 Oct 23, 2012
Oct 23, 2012 Guild Tabbards Okay, this might be a dumb question and I'm sorry 'bout that, but...I have the Renowned Guild Tabbard. It says it's bind to Battle.net account. Sooooo....how do I get it to go to a toon on a different realm than this one?? Sorry too if this is in the wrong place... Thanks for the help!Zirah3 Oct 23, 2012
Oct 23, 2012 Simple Question: Why are prices so inflated? When I can hear the trade channel, there's always someone trying to sell something. Recent examples were Agile, Austere, and Revitalizing Primal Diamonds. The sell price for each of them is 4 gold, but the person was trying to sell them for 500 gold each. A bit inflated? I also saw someone trying to sell the Blazing Hippogryph mount for 30,000 gold. Rare mount or not, I'm pretty sure it's no where near that much since it costs 5000 gold to buy the 280% or 310% mount skill (the most important thing for flying) and only 40 gold for an Artisan mount and 80 gold for an Expert mount (for exalted). The same can be said for items in the Auction house. So why do people settle for buying and selling stuff for so much higher than the actual market price? I could see a little higher just so that people don't just sell stuff to a vendor, but this is really high.Krukthor11 Oct 23, 2012
Oct 23, 2012 Help with picking a class! So here's my first word, I'm quitting an old MMORPG and coming to WoW. I've created a few characters so far, these being hunter(13) and warrior(11). But none of these two have really made the game "Fun" for me to continue playing them. I understand that the early phase in the game is always the most boring and once reached a certain lvl everything opens up, but i just can't bring myself to actually purchase the game and keep using either of these toons. I don't really want to try ever single class separately, and yes i know it sounds slack, but like I said earlier, I would only get it to a low lvl and not know the depths of the class. I've watched a huge huge handful of youtube videos, read forum threats etc, but they're mostly out dated and I don't actually understand what they're talking about. But to sum up on my vent, what I'm looking for is a character that would make me enjoy the game the most and suit my "Playstyle" I'm interested from 45+, but from 80-90 Is what I'm really looking for, I guess that could be considered endgame? Anyway I really enjoy my PvP and prefer to be on the stronger side and be at an advantage most of the side. I understand that classes are constantly being nerfed so no class stays on top for long but I simply want a class that is generally stronger than the others. I prefer to be unique, that's a big factor for me definitely, and I will grind my a$$ off to get the best gear to make sure I prevail over the others. So in short words. I'd like help choosing a class that is high up in the ranks for endgame and is most definitely unique that I will enjoy! Do you want to have a permanent pet? Is a temporary one okay with you? Or does it not matter if you have a pet I really don't have an interest in pets at all, but if they are important in this game, I'd rather purchase one than have it attached to my class. What have you played in other games before? Maybe you played a caster in another game and liked it, or have a fondness for barbarians/warriors. I've played a range of classes but the ones that made the most enjoyment out of the game for me was mesmer or rogue/thief. (But I heard that rogues are horribly underpowered and not getting changed and aren't welcome in raids in this game) Do you want to be able to heal yourself and others? The ability to self heal would be amazing! But healing others just isn't my play style aha. Which is your preference: attacking enemies from a distance or being up in their faces? This factor doesn't effect me because i don't really like to stay in a fixed position, I like a combo between close melee and mid/longish spells(Usually bursts of damage spells) Are you the sneaky type or do you take pleasure ripping out internal organs as a greeting right off the bat? Usually sneaky, I like to surprise people and just totally burst out on them, but saying this, stealth isn't the only thing I mean I use my sorrounding so if there's a class that can be sneakyish and just unravel a burst in a few seconds without making to much of a show that's what i'd also look for. Do you want to be on the front lines with a shield or watching over your group to keep them safe? I don't want to be keeping guard of people at all, I'm honestly horrible at this role so everything besides helping heal/protect teamates. Will you be leveling with a friend or mostly on your own? Solo :) Have you read about classes at all yet? If so, what stands out as interesting to you? I stated what i tried above. I've read about rogues and mages and they both seem interesting. Downside to rogues is that apparently they are horrible and don't have any mid range spells in this game which isn't surprising. And downside to mage is that once they run out of mana, they're screwed aha, no melee to help them. Ending word: Overall I'd just like a very UNIQUE class that I can make very useful in different situations. I don't like relying on mana because for me it always seems to run out, but maybe it's different in this game and maybe bursting would be best with mana! Looking for the class that would be most fun for me once I reach the later lvls of the game, (If possible past the 45+ mark) And again, very unique and doesn't have one fixed boring thing they do over and over, I HATE standing in the same spot and being repetitive. A class that can be useful with melee weapons then do a bit of mid range spell damage would be ideal( If it even exists!) THANKYOU FOR ANYONE THAT HELPS I REALLY REALLY DO APPRECIATE IT! (Sorry for being such a pain I just really wanna stick with one character and enjoy it! Simt8 Oct 23, 2012
Oct 23, 2012 How do raid/heroic timers work? I have found a couple articles, but everything I seem to find is rather outdated and since I am not at home to test things out I figured I could pester you folks. So, here we go... 1. Is it possible to view my lockouts for both raids and heroics, if so, how? 2. I normally use the 'Random Heroic' option as I am quite broke and every little bit of gold helps, using this option, does the client automatically filter out heroics for which I can no longer receive any loot? Any help is appreciated, thank you. EDIT: just saw this after I posted: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6933835555 Does this mean that all raid timers reset on Tuesdays, even if your last raid was on Monday?Ingleburt2 Oct 23, 2012
Oct 23, 2012 Level 17 Worgen with no quests :/ I must have missed something along the way, but seem to have run out of quests on my baby Worgen. I just flew back to Darnassus to see if there were any of the Hero's Call quest starters near the bank, but there aren't any. I love the story line behind the Worgen and I'm having fun with the druid class, but I have to say the content so far doesn't have the polish that the other races I've played with seem to have. Its a little frustrating. Thanks!Zerria4 Oct 23, 2012
Oct 23, 2012 Subscription Is there any way to buy game time online with out it being automaticly billed every few monthsCircinus12 Oct 23, 2012