New Player Help and Guides

Oct 30, 2012 Wotlk Rep, can you still get it? I just completed a whole quest chain: They Took Our Men! http://www.wowhead.com/quest=12843 And received 0 reputation with Sons of Hodir. I am level 89, but wanted to complete the quests for rep so I could buy something from the faction vendor. Can anyone help me figure out why I get no reputation with Sons of Hodir after completing a 16 part quest chain? Thank you and have a good one.Yish7 Oct 30, 2012
Oct 30, 2012 Question about PVP gear I have a character on a PVP server but she mainly quests and such. No BG's, etc. My question is.... Do I need to wear resilience gear if I dont do BG's? Out in the world PVP is different? or noDezey6 Oct 30, 2012
Oct 30, 2012 Male pandas Hey can someone pls explain why the male pandaren warrior is defecating at the character selection screen? My daughter saw me playing the other night and she came home yesterday with a drawing of a panda repeating said actions and I'm worried what influences this game might have on younger players thx sry if this is wrong forum edit: added a pic so u can understand me better http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/4629/wowscrnshot103012011015.jpg thxDuskbringer13 Oct 30, 2012
Oct 30, 2012 Thinking about coming back... I haven't played since the launch of Cata, and even then I didn't stick around too long. Every time I come back it's just simply a different game from when I played Vanilla and BC... So, is it worth it? Or should I run for the hills?Koder4 Oct 30, 2012
Oct 30, 2012 Im disabled which class should i play for MoP Hi all! Im a long time wow player who suffered a hand injury 18 monthes ago. Ive finished rehab and am able to do most things again just fine. I really want to get back in to pc gaming, playing wow escpecially, but my micro isnt really where it used to be if you get my drift. I want to play a class with as few necessary keybinds as possible. I bought a wow gaming mouse so i have 4 side buttons that i can use. I can hit shift no prob so i can double bind those, with my hurt hand though i can WASD and comfortably hit "Q" "E" "R" "F" and the Space bar. I pvp mostly. Any suggestions would be amazing thank you community!Teroh5 Oct 30, 2012
Oct 30, 2012 Making a tank need help deciding a class. If you are going to troll please leave now. I am making a tank and need a neutral viewpoint on a Prot Warrior or Guardian Druid. I have a low level (40) Brewmaster but going to be changing the spec for now to try something new. I do realize that Druids and Warriors have their differences but wish to know what they are, What the Pros/Cons are etc. Please do not say pick what you like because I do not know and want to know each of the classes weaknesses and strong points. Also no just play both comments. I might in the future but not now and do not have the time to "play both" right now. Thank you for your help!Killcatz5 Oct 30, 2012
Oct 30, 2012 Weather in Kalimdor? I remember a while back there was a weather system added, and I was playing alliance and remember lots of rain. Is there still the same system and if so does it have any effects in Kalimdor?Delarm11 Oct 30, 2012
Oct 29, 2012 average warrior stats Hi i was just wondering what the average stats like damage,defence,strength and any other important stats for a level 20 warrior, Also how much gold should a auctioning one have?Sillysunny1 Oct 29, 2012
Oct 29, 2012 quick question. I'm new to mmo's in general and decided to try out WoW. I downloaded the started edition and played a bit of it, but recently i bought the digital version of the battle chest. Do i need to install anything new or will everything unlock itself after i link my account to the product key i got when purchasing the battle chest? Also does the starter edition only include parts of mist of pandaria or does it include everything up to mists of pandaria? I'm very sorry about the noob questions and thanks in advance for the replies.Slayeder5 Oct 29, 2012
Oct 29, 2012 Raf lvling Approximatly how much time does it take to lvl 1-80 with the Raf xp boost?Ltpain6 Oct 29, 2012
Oct 29, 2012 Warsong Gulch Target Marker Icons Hey, so in Warsong Gulch, I know the BG leader can put Target Marker Icons over people, but I've recently seen people creating an awesome multicolored curtain over the flag spot....does someone want to tell me how I can do this?Fartslayer3 Oct 29, 2012
Oct 29, 2012 need help with server stuff. ok so i been on dentarg for like 2 years and it was a started server it was high population and all at one point but i left wow cameb back and it fails hard...so im deciding on ggoing to a pvp server but i want a kinda even one or i want to go to illiadin or darkspear but whats the ally to horde ratio on those becuase i dont want to be horde and there be no ally's and i dont wanna go ally and there be no horde. also if you know whats the econemy on each serverValore2 Oct 29, 2012
Oct 29, 2012 WoW today... So I got WoW earlier this month and I don't know if I am just on the wrong server, but do any of today's players care about the lore of the game? When I tried this game out oh so long ago, I would always be making Warcraft references, but now it seems nobody understands those. So has the old school blizz players moved on? Or are there still some of you out there? Also, why does nobody quest any more? I understand if its your 10th character and you just want to get it over with, but on a high pop server I hardly see anyone out there, it seems most only do dungeons. I enjoy dungeons and pvp, but for me exploring the world is the biggest part of the game. Anyways, sorry for the rambling, not even sure if this was the right place to do it. But I suppose whats going on is that the old generation of WoW players has for the most part moved on, and a younger generation has taken control now.Valthic3 Oct 29, 2012
Oct 29, 2012 Confused about Looting I've never been a raider, but I was invited into a PUG raid for Sha of Anger today. When the Sha died, mail gloves landed in my bag. We don't roll for loot anymore? I'm certainly not complaining, as I can use the gloves when I reach 90. I just took a WoW break for a while before MOP, and have never done current content raids, so just wondering if the game now does the roll for us now? Does this happen in scenarios and 5-mans too?Nelrin4 Oct 29, 2012
Oct 29, 2012 Unable to complete quest "Supply and Demand" Hiya, I am a level 38 newbie who has gotten himself stuck, and googles not helping. For quest "Supply and demand" I must skin 2 Crocolisks to complete and I am unable to skin them. I do not have skinning as a profession, I am a hunter with mining and herbs. I would think that if I needed the profession the game would not have made it a quest?? Anyway I have tried everything I can think of so any help/advice is appreciated. ThanksVictore6 Oct 29, 2012
Oct 29, 2012 Scroll of Res me for free mount Kephas2 Oct 29, 2012
Oct 29, 2012 Should I reroll? Should I try rerolling as a paladin? Warrior is nice in that it's unique and the tier armor sets are beasts looking, but in gameplay I felt it is quite inferior. When compared to other class like paladin, warrior heals, or any other things overall is not so good (as other warriors have complained) and that Blizzard didn't seem to really pay a lot of attention to warriors. (as that other warriors complain too again) Our battle animation is quite bleh IMO, and our glyphs are not quite as good as they can be. Should I try to reroll for a paladin instead? They seem to have better battle animation, cool looking minor glyphs, and really good survivability and power in both PVE and PVP. Besides the fact that so alot of ppl make pally chars., they seem to be a really good choice.Gengkiskan11 Oct 29, 2012
Oct 28, 2012 Which Pandarian food should I eat? Depending on which food I eat I get an hour buff in: Hit, Mastery, Dodge, or a useful stat. I am a dwarf, Marksman, dps, doing solo quests. Which should I eat?Gymlea6 Oct 28, 2012
Oct 28, 2012 Looking for a lvling partner RAF i will send Im getting back into WoW after a 3 yr break and im looking for someone who wants to start new characters and get to lvl 90. i want to start a warrior- tank and get to 90 asap im not a complete noob but im not bad either. hit me up if u wanna do this im so sick of mindlessly lvling solo. thanxAdderali2 Oct 28, 2012
Oct 28, 2012 Heroic Queing Is there a reason to why I can't Random Que nor Specific Que for a heroic mode? I've Been unlocked all morning and I have my setting set to heroic 5 man but I can't find anywhere to que for it.Mónk15 Oct 28, 2012
Oct 28, 2012 [Guide] Helping New Players - Abbreviations This is specifically an abbreviations guide for new players and/or un-experienced players. Abbreviations - [some of the most common ones used in chat.] LF - Looking For (i.e "Looking for healer") LFOM/LFTM - Looking for one more ~or~ looking for two more etc (i.e "Looking for one more healer") LFG - "Looking for group" WTB - Want to buy WTS - Want to sell WTT - Want to trade OP - Original Poster (in this case, I would be the OP.) TL;DR - Too long; didn't read Aggro - [ Also: Pulled aggro] Meaning to pull a mob [usually on accident]. AoE - Area of Effect [ a spell or effect that is caused over an area as opposed to taking effect on a single target] Alt - Alternate character BG - battleground BoE - Bind on equip BoP - Bind on pick-up DoT - Damage over timeRajazzul3 Oct 28, 2012
Oct 28, 2012 Crystalweave Bracers... These bracers are the only horde equivalent to the purple black mageweave recolored set.. I been farming at bash'irs landing for quite a while now I saved up 210 apexis shards everyday and use them to buy the accelerator modules to try and summon Bash'ir.. I've got him only once.. and no luck. I keep getting his Harbinger's instead of him and I was wondering if the harbinger's drop them too? and what is the chance of them dropping.. Wowhead doesn't say if they drop off them or not but some people say they do drop them?Akuyasha3 Oct 28, 2012
Oct 28, 2012 LF someone to RAF Hello! I'm an old WOTLK player looking to recruit somebody to level with. as well as anything you need in-game. What I'm looking for is someone fluent in english that can play on a US server who's able to play a couple of hours most days. If you do want to do this just ;eave me you'r skype.Zosis3 Oct 28, 2012
Oct 28, 2012 Role Playing Realms Hi, I'm wondering if there's any "how to" stickies regarding RP etiquette for people who have never RP'd. Thank you.Warriorgasm6 Oct 28, 2012
Oct 28, 2012 Bought game, still treated like a trial I bought the expansion pack sets today but I am still unable to access all features. I can't post in any of the forums except for the limited ones and I can't whisper people or talk on trade channels. However I got some features like the Monk and Death Knight class and also the ability to join guilds. Why do I have half the features and not all of them?Starrc4 Oct 28, 2012
Oct 27, 2012 Transmorg question? So I quit playing at the end of WOTLK and recently just got back. This transmog thing how does it work. You change your current gear to look like a set of gear that you have/farm from earlier in the game. Once you change your set to look like the older set does it destroy that set or do you get to keep it?Dlm2 Oct 27, 2012
Oct 27, 2012 Dual specs I have been gone since WOTLK when they came out with dual talent specifications. Now I come back and I see that they still have it although they revamped the talent system a bit. I can't figure out for the life of me how to get to spec that 2nd talent tree. I went fire as my main spec and I want to spec frost and do frost glyphs for the 2nd. Help please.Dlm4 Oct 27, 2012
Oct 27, 2012 Guild advice needed I recently came back to WOW and found my guild is basically me. I am already the number 1 contributor even being gone almost 2 yrs. The only other active member (who convinced me to return) is difficult to run with in-game, although we reside on a pvp server my guild mate "cannot tolerate" pvp O.o I rolled this toon on a pvp server to learn pvp and get good at it (im still working on gear and skill), I am active duty military and had issues getting kicked from other guilds when i deployed and stopped running for that long so im a bit perplexed here. Advice???????Arothwrmbane3 Oct 27, 2012
Oct 27, 2012 Help me choose a main! Do you want to have a permanent pet? Is a temporary one okay with you? Or does it not matter if you have a pet? It doesn't really matter if I have a pet Are you partial to cloth wearers or do you want a little more bulk in your armor? I would prefer not to be a cloth wearer, I hear they are squishy What have you played in other games before? Maybe you played a caster in another game and liked it, or have a fondness for barbarians/warriors. WoW might have a rough equivalent for you! I usually play a shooter so nothing really wow like.... Do you want to be able to heal yourself and others, or are you okay with lacking those spells? I would like to atleast be able to self heal, want to be able to solo pretty easy Which is your preference: attacking enemies from a distance or being up in their faces? Doesn't matter to me. Are you the sneaky type or do you take pleasure ripping out internal organs as a greeting right off the bat? I'd never stab you in the back, friends like us... straight to the face. Do you want to be on the front lines with a shield or watching over your group to keep them safe? I like to be able to see alot of what is going on. Will you be leveling with a friend or mostly on your own? If you're doing it with a friend, what are they planning to level, or have they not decided yet? I will be leveling by myself most likely. Have you read about classes at all yet? If so, what stands out as interesting to you? Have you tried any classes already? I've tried hunter so far, and i'm playing thru WC3 right now and doing the paladin. Hunter seems fun just not sure how it fits in later in the game. Are you interested in the lore or story of Warcraft? Some classes have a lot of easily-absorbed lore while others are a little "less detailed" in their history. I love lore. The more I can get the better. Interested in roleplaying at all? This goes with the previous question, but some races/classes are easier to roleplay as a newbie than others (with lots of history to adhere to). Neither for or against it. Probably going to be playing on a pve realm though. Do any of the races stick out to you as being attractive? Not every race can be every class, so if you have an early favorite (or if you really dislike one in particular) this can narrow things down. I like Humans, Night Elves, Blood Elves, and Trolls. Things that don't show the full boot (Draenei/Worgen/Tauren) irk me.Zaggrim2 Oct 27, 2012
Oct 27, 2012 Class Advice Hello, I want help to choose a class. So if you guys help me following these questions that I take from the other topic really helps. PS: I focused on PvP. =========================================================== What have you played before? Warrior, Hunter, Mage(only Cata), Priest(Cata and little MOP) How far did you level it? Warrior 86, Hunter 85, Mage 75, Priest 85 Describe what you liked and disliked about those classes. Be detailed! Well on: a) Warrior: -Likes: The damage, leveling as tank(but don't like to tank at cap or last level dungeons). -Dislikes: PvP Warrior Style, Stance things, Resource style, constantly need to change set for some defensive skills. b)Hunter: -Likes: Range attacks, the "sometimes never hit me", nice criticals(chance and damage) -Dislikes: Days to find rare pets, extremely necessary pet to damage. c)Priest: -Likes: Level as healer(don't like to heal raids, high level dgs, bgs), high damage self heal, caster. -Dislikes: Can't move to do damage(don't say for DOTs or Shadow Word: Death situation), low mobility. d)Mage: -Likes: Nice damage, nice control, caster, good damage on procs, number of procs. -Dislikes: Alter Time skill, entire Arcane spec. With a friend or alone? What's your friend going to be leveling? Friend, don't know but we have RaF. My friends on guild play as Mage Frost/Fire, DK Frost/Blood. Are you leveling via PvE or PvP? Chain-running dungeons? Both, and have RaF, don't need to level as Tank or Healer. Will you be doing primarily raids/dungeons at level cap (PvE) or knocking the opposing faction in the balls over a flag (PvP)? Both, but most focused on PvP. Will you be multiboxing or just playing a single character? Single Character. Race preference? Either for looks or the actual racials (or lore!). No preference, just one that have the class suggested, then I choose a race that I like more. Heals/tank/DPS? What's your style for DPS - melee or ranged? DPS, Ranged and Caster. I've tried the DPS from melee but I don't know how to move well as melee. Any favorite game mechanics? (DoTs, HoTs, stealth, mana, etc) Few months ago I don't like Stealth style but now days I really don't know. And I don't like to use only DoTs. Hybrid or pure? Does it matter? No, doesn't matter. Pet or temporary pet or none at all? Does it matter? No, doesn't matter. Throw in any extra details here: Well, I just don't like to play as Warrior, DK, Hunters, Priest, Monks, Druids and Shamans. I've never played as Rogue, Mage(level cap), Warlock(level cap), Paladin(level cap).Drimzul0 Oct 27, 2012
Oct 27, 2012 3 Expansion Trial, and 1 PTR Questions I am considering getting the MoP 10 day trial but I have a couple of questions about it. 1. What are the limitations it removes? 2. Would I be able to level past 85 on my Cata account while the trial is active? 2.1. If Question 2 is yes will I keep those levels and be able to play that character after the trial ends? 3. When will the trial become unavailable to start? PTR related 1. Will I be able to access the PTR while my main account is not subscribed actively due to lack of funds?Chozowarrior7 Oct 27, 2012
Oct 27, 2012 Trial Account and /Say ?? So the other day I RPed with a character who was in the Low-Level areas with /say. Now before in Ogrimmar I tried /say in the Tavern and no one could see it. How does the /say work for Trial, what are the Limitations?Jalamar2 Oct 27, 2012
Oct 27, 2012 Alts, how many is too many? So I've only got a few months under my belt and, while I have a number of alts, this is my highest level character so far. Basically, I'd like to be able to raid enough upon hitting 90 that I'll be able to get the best gear, but I'd like to be able to do so with more than one character so things don't get old. Is that possible? If so, how many characters will I be able to keep geared up upon getting them to 90? I realize this will vary a great deal with the amount of time I'm willing to spend on WoW, but as of now I have quite a bit. So, some rough estimates would be much appreciated.Quaborr4 Oct 27, 2012
Oct 27, 2012 Hi, I need some help on classes? Hi, i was wondering if Death knights are good dps classes, and weather or not they get accepted into raids and dungeons and stuff like lich king raids and deathwing raids :P Thanks! Im a new player so any help would be nice :DPandariouss1 Oct 27, 2012
Oct 27, 2012 buy head, neck and shoulder armor orgrimmar Where can I buy these items for level 15? I can only find a merchant in Orgrimmar that sells feet, legs, chest and hands armor, all leather. Thanks in advance.Killratio3 Oct 27, 2012
Oct 27, 2012 $5 Battlechest confusion So i purchased the battlechest today. It specifies that it include WOTLK expansion and a free month of game time. However, when I try to whisper or trade with anyone I can't, it asks me to upgrade. Why can't i trade or whisper with my friends? Hoping someone else has an answer or the same question. Thanks!Aztecrising4 Oct 27, 2012
Oct 27, 2012 Playing together - tank/heal combo questions So I've got a monk that i'm playing as a tank and a dps, and i really dig it and want to stick with the class. My gf just started playing and thinks it's fun, and is kind of wanting to play a healer so we can run dungeons and stuff together, but i'm not sure what kind of class to recommend. I haven't healed really since wrath, so i'm out of touch with healing right now. She's not a hardcore player by any means and wants to casually heal 5 mans and run old content, etc. What would be the easiest healing class for a new player to pick up? Right now she's leveling a druid (she's a girl, and was like ZOMG KITTY BEAR OWLTHING) but I'm not sure if that's the easiest class for a new player to start on. Thus why I'm here. What do you guys recommend for new players to play who want to heal and that aren't hardcore mmo players (or videogamers to boot)?Firebrew11 Oct 27, 2012
Oct 27, 2012 PvE I am curious about PvE play but can't find a PvE realm when I look at the realm list. I see a lot of PvP realms but nothing marked PvE. What am I missing?Jowin10 Oct 27, 2012
Oct 27, 2012 Haven't reached level 20, going to upgrade I have a (well you can see what character type i have), but i want to upgrade, so i can get more friends, chat with everyone, etc. But if i upgrade will it still be free up to level 20? or will i have to pay if i upgrade, regardless of the level of my only character? I honestly would love it if the free-to-20 thing still was in effect even with the upgraded, legit copy of the game. Thanks for reading, and thank you for all replies.Azmunediakah4 Oct 27, 2012
Oct 27, 2012 Help picking an alt. What have you played before? -Death Knight -Warlock -Paladin -All other classes, but only to about level 10 with friends. I end up deleting them because I go back to my main. How far did you level it? -Death Knight 90 -Warlock 86 -Paladin 85 Describe what you liked and disliked about those classes. Be detailed! Death Knight-I like the fast paced style of frost, and the DW animations are amazing (imo). I like the proc style of gameplay and how lots of my hits are criticals, also having lots of high damage dealing spells. I don't like the fact that if my procs don't go up when I need them to, I end up doing mediocre damage and sometimes sit there autoattacking waiting for runes to regen. Warlock-Pets are cool, end of story. But really, I like the fact that I can be a caster that does lots of damage and have a pet to keep me alive. Most times the worst part about casters is that they are so squishy, but warlocks don't feel like that to me. I like the DoT style of casting, and having to pay attention to what DoTs need refreshing. It's a rewarding style of gameplay imo. I don't like the monotony of leveling a warlock thought Pandaria though, as it gets rather boring just DoTing up the mobs and using the exact same spells each time. I pretty much like everything about the gameplay of warlocks though, just need a bit of a break from leveling one. Paladin-My paladin is ret/prot. For both, I like the very high survivability of them. It is also cool to be a plate wearing warrior of the light! I honestly just think they have a very slow style of gameplay though, with lots of waiting for cds to be done, which is not fun at all. This is my least favorite out of the 3, and the only reason it is leveling 85 is because I used a scroll of resurrection on it to try it out. With a friend or alone? What's your friend going to be leveling? -Most likely alone. Are you leveling via PvE or PvP? Chain-running dungeons? -Mostly questing with a bg here and there. If I decide to level a tank/healer I might have nights where I chain dungeons, but mostly questing. Will you be doing primarily raids/dungeons at level cap (PvE) or knocking the opposing faction in the balls over a flag (PvP)? -Most likely PvP first, then if I get bored of that maybe dungeon gear myself. I don't have time right now to get into raiding. Will you be multiboxing or just playing a single character? -Single toon Race preference? Either for looks or the actual racials (or lore!). -Female draenei :D. Other than that I like orcs, trolls, blood elves, pandaren, and night elves. Heals/tank/DPS? What's your style for DPS - melee or ranged? -I tried tanking and hate it, I don't like the pressure of being the leader. -The role I have played the most is melee dps which is definitely fun, but a change of pace might be nice. -I tried healing low level dungeons a couple times, and lets just say it wasn't bad, but I don't know how much I like it yet. Any favorite game mechanics? (DoTs, HoTs, stealth, mana, etc) -DoTs, mana, huge crits. Hybrid or pure? Does it matter? -I don't care. Pet or temporary pet or none at all? Does it matter? -I like my warlock pets because they make me feel less squishy, but it honestly doesn't matter. Throw in any extra details here: -What I want most is to always be doing something. I.E. the parts I hate the most about paladin and death knight is the fact that I end up sitting there auto attacking sometimes, which is horribly boring. Thanks in advance. :DVrashogar5 Oct 27, 2012
Oct 27, 2012 Upgrade Help. I just upgraded to the Battlechest today and i don't know what to do, I'm level 20 and before i upgraded i did EVERY quest possible for my level, Even all the battleground and dungeon ones. And now i don't know how to level up. And even worse, I don't remember where to go even if i do level up because i finished my storyline quests a long time ago. Will i have to just do dallies to level up? I hope not...Gravelli1 Oct 27, 2012
Oct 27, 2012 refreshing dots/channeled spells When my dots are about to run out, or my spell is almost done channeling, should I recast before it runs out, or wait for it to run out to get the final tick?Dragonjts1 Oct 27, 2012
Oct 27, 2012 Jade Spirit or Windsong? Hi guys, I'd really appreciate it if someone could help me with choosing my weapon enchants. This is my first Disc priest, so I need a little help. I'm wondering if I should either get Enchant Weapon - Jade Spirit or Enchant Weapon - Windsong. I also am wondering if Jade Spirit is worth it if I have Zen Alchemist Stone. I plan to tackle on Panda raids when me and my guild gear up, so I am aiming to be raid ready. Thanks in advance.Ilysanth4 Oct 27, 2012
Oct 26, 2012 Dualboxing? Is there any good programs that copy hotkey if i run 2 copys of the game? I mean if i move,jump and press 1 on my keyboard, both games copy each oher.Nikelo13 Oct 26, 2012
Oct 26, 2012 Reputation/ Faction help Hello, I need some help figuring out faction standings. With MoP out, should I even care about the BC factions for example? Should I just start wearing a Tushui Tabard or what? Do the newest expansion factions render the older faction standings obsolete? I just really have no idea what I'm doing or what I should do when it comes to this. Help would be appreciated. Thanks!Xingfu4 Oct 26, 2012
Oct 26, 2012 Character transfer ? I want to transfer some BoA gear as well as some gold to characters on a different realm. When I log into my Battlenet account, I can see which characters are eligible for transfer, but not any restrictions. I know there used to be a cap on the gold transferred, the cap being determined by the level of the transferring character. Anyone have an idea what the gold limit is for a lvl 21 character?Cnkbi3 Oct 26, 2012
Oct 26, 2012 Choosing a class. Do you want to have a permanent pet? Is a temporary one okay with you? Or does it not matter if you have a pet? It doesn't really matter, but I'd prefer not to have too much to worry about as far as what my pet is doing. Are you partial to cloth wearers or do you want a little more bulk in your armor? I would prefer more bulk. What have you played in other games before? Maybe you played a caster in another game and liked it, or have a fondness for barbarians/warriors. WoW might have a rough equivalent for you! I tend to play the type of character that can take a beating but win out in the long fight. Do you want to be able to heal yourself and others, or are you okay with lacking those spells?Tenacity is what I would really prefer. Whether this means having enough armor and health to sustain a long fight, or having healing abilities, I really don't know. But Tenacity is my goal. Which is your preference: attacking enemies from a distance or being up in their faces? Up close and personal. Are you the sneaky type or do you take pleasure ripping out internal organs as a greeting right off the bat? Certainly not the sneaky type, but I do like to plan my attacks out. Do you want to be on the front lines with a shield or watching over your group to keep them safe? Going by my earlier responses, probably a shield in the front lines. Will you be leveling with a friend or mostly on your own? If you're doing it with a friend, what are they planning to level, or have they not decided yet? Mostly on my own right now, I don't have anyone I really know that plays this game with me. Although, I am open to new friends xP Have you read about classes at all yet? If so, what stands out as interesting to you? Have you tried any classes already? I've tried a few classes out but, each had their pros and cons and I ultimately couldn't decide. I am here to simplify that problem. Are you interested in the lore or story of Warcraft? Some classes have a lot of easily-absorbed lore while others are a little "less detailed" in their history. Some, I do like a good story, but I wouldn't say it's what drives me to play any game. I like simple mechanics that can be practiced to achieve perfection. Interested in roleplaying at all? This goes with the previous question, but some races/classes are easier to roleplay as a newbie than others (with lots of history to adhere to). Not really, I don't pretend to be anyone other than myself. Do any of the races stick out to you as being attractive? Not every race can be every class, so if you have an early favorite (or if you really dislike one in particular) this can narrow things down. I hold no favor to race or faction right now, I will learn to love whatever I decide after this thread gives me sufficient information. I know this doesn't help that problem but I won't lie to those trying to help me ^_^ A Side Note: I've played for a few days now, but I wasn't aware I was on a PvP server and once I hit the high 20s in levels I would get killed. This did not appeal to me so I switched to a PvE realm. I just want to start over with a class that I make a well-informed decision to play, and this thread should help me with that.Viclaire5 Oct 26, 2012
Oct 26, 2012 New Wow Player Hello everyone, I am new to WoW and have a few questions. My first question is about the Recruit a Friend system. I would like to invite a close friend of mine to the game however do not know how. I've tried to read the Recruit a Friend article however that didnt help me. Any explanation of this system would be great! Also: I would like to be a healer in this game. The people i have talked to tell me that the healers are Druids, Paladins, Shamans and Priests. I would like to play the class that does the best job healing as i love to help others out. Which class performs this role well? Which of these classes should i not play and reasons? Thank you for your time reading this and i hope my questions were not too "noobish"Paumes7 Oct 26, 2012
Oct 26, 2012 SoR 80 Priest - What now? Hey everyone, I played WoW way back when it originally came out, and just now snagged a SoR from someone on Twitter to jump back into the fray. I really enjoy healing classes in other MMORPGs, so I boosted an 80 Priest with a Holy Spec. This is a big question, but what now? I don't know anyone playing WoW these days, so I'm in it on my own. I'm interested in learning the class and getting my bearings. Any links or recommendations are appreciated (especially with starting at Level 80 in mind). Thanks! -PhoxPhox3 Oct 26, 2012
Oct 26, 2012 Guidance Hi everyone , this is my main alt and would appreciate some evaluation . I am a noob even at my level ... but I enjoy every bit of being a hunter .Huonpine13 Oct 26, 2012