New Player Help and Guides

Aug 10, 2012 How Get Heirlooms Quick How Get HEirlooms Quick?Toope10 Aug 10, 2012
Aug 10, 2012 Strange Chest? What is it about the chest that seems to randomly show up in the Saronite mine in Icecrown? I've found it 2 times while doing the daily 'Slaves of Saromite' and each time it contained a blue (rare) item.Geodir1 Aug 10, 2012
Aug 10, 2012 Going to try an RP realm. As a male Warlock Worgen. It would be my first time playing in a RP realm so I do not really know how to "talk" like a Worgen. Any tips or heads up about RP realms before I start?Edenia3 Aug 10, 2012
Aug 10, 2012 lvl 65-69 pvp twinking . how balanced is lvl 65-69 pvp ? I know that lvl 60+ pvp gear are better than heirlooms . Would it be worth my time to get that gear , enchant it and stop experience at 69 ? sorry if i sound like a complete noob :D . help would be appreciated !!Spetnas1 Aug 10, 2012
Aug 10, 2012 Don't know if there is a market for this... A few buddies an I want to start an organization that offers tutoring for WoW. We know that there are so many websites dedicated to tutorials and written summaries of the different aspects of the game, but we want to add a more personal touch to it. We are from the northern NJ area and we'd love to have some support. Does anyone think something like this could work?Örochimarü5 Aug 10, 2012
Aug 10, 2012 It's been awhile; what new addons do I need? I haven't played in over a year, and i'm getting ready for this new MoP expansion. I'm getting started early so I can get my 85's prepped to shoot to 90. However, I've lost all my addons since my last login which was 14 months ago or so. I've got Curse, so it'll be easier to search for addons if suggested. I'm going to be doing raids, not so much PvP but I guess I can look for those sometime down the road. I just want to know the popular addons so I can get myself started. I recall there being some "addon packs" where it'll include bossmods, a UI overhaul, and macros for you but I'm not sure if there are any updated. Any suggestions to get an old player back on his feet is appreciated :) edit: I can look for class specific ones later, but I may be playing something like a healer class with my friends. So I guess any priest ones would be appreciated.Dejuva2 Aug 10, 2012
Aug 10, 2012 Warrior bossness? So, I cant rap my head around the fact of a warrior. He seems completely... suckish. I have a level 21 warrior, i know to early to tell, but his dps is absolute poop! I have my ret pally, and at level 16ish he was doing more dps then my 21 warrior. So, my question is when do warriors get an ability that makes them powerful, if any? Also, i'm using arms warrior, what should I use for PvP.Arcanialsitc17 Aug 10, 2012
Aug 10, 2012 Warrior Help So i recently started up a warrior toon. made it a fury. because hey i like to dual wield. problem is. i would like to have a pre cata rotation for it. but i cannot seem to locate a decent or reliable one any where. If any one here knows what the correct rotaion would be. i would Love to hear about it! thanks allPhayvose3 Aug 10, 2012
Aug 10, 2012 1 year absent. Want to start back up!.... I was looking for some specific help in terms of finding a perfect server for myself. I live In Kentucky which is on the border between EST and CST time-zones. I need to know what would you pick for a Kentuckian? Chicago or NY. -I did a speed test and Chicago was much faster with 15-18ms and NY with 38-46ms. -Here's where lies the problem, should I play on a server where time is 1 hour earlier or same time as me(EST)? -I used to play on Thunderlord! I'd like to find a server that is a PvP server but focuses on both aspects (PvE and PvP) and that has a fair A:H ratio. I think that should do for now, Thanks.Hallucinated4 Aug 10, 2012
Aug 10, 2012 looking for a horde (red) server hi! my mom got me ac account and upgraded it to wrath of hte king so i could play with my twin sister (she plays on moms account) mom did a recruit thing for us so we coul dlevel but we want to play horde (the red side) we did look at the threads up top but they didnt help because we dont know what world is better for new horde players we talked about the one where people could kill us and it seemed cool but it might be harder so we might do one where they cant we just want to know the names of some worlds we can go to thats good for red side startersMooncrèscent1 Aug 10, 2012
Aug 10, 2012 So I downloaded WoW Battle Chest... And then I bought WoTLK and had it shipped to my house. I proceeded in typing in the game code and it activated successfully. Since I downloaded the Battle Chest, do I need to even use the discs that came with WoTLK or were the expansions (WoTLK and Cata) downloaded along with the Battle Chest, and were just locked until I activated a purchased copy of them? Thanks! :)Toongar3 Aug 10, 2012
Aug 10, 2012 Skinning for low levels? Where can I skin for level 1-75? Teldrassil beasts wouldn't let me skin them, even the bears and Nightsabers. I tried Darkshore, but the only skinnable beast is a level 19 Consumed Thistle Bear which requires 90 skinning. Anyone know where I can train up at?Johnbigear12 Aug 10, 2012
Aug 10, 2012 The World of Warcraft Classes (Descriptions) First off I'd like to welcome all the new players to the amazing World of Warcraft. As I did when I started playing, I had no idea which class to pick, luckily for you new players, this will teach you about each class. The Warrior: Warriors are plate-wearing fighters who strive for perfection in armed combat. As warriors deal or take damage, they generate rage, which is used to power their special attacks. Warriors can choose to focus on a two-handed weapon, dual-wielding or use a sword and shield. Warriors have several abilities that let them move quickly around the battlefield. Their primary stat is Strength, though tanking warriors desire Stamina as well. The Warrior can fulfill the role of Tank or Damage. The Paladin: Paladins are heavily-armored fights and defenders who use Holy magic to heal wounds and combat evil. Paladins are relatively self-sufficient and have many abilities targeted at death prevention. They can focus on two-handed weapons, shields or healing. Their primary stat depends on their role. Paladins can fulfill the role of Damage, Tank or Healer. Stamina for tanking, Strength for Damage, and Intellect for Healing. The Hunter: Hunters are at home in the wilderness and have a special affinity for beasts. They used ranged weapons, such as bows, guns or crossbows and use that and their pet to deal damage. They can also use traps to cause damage or freeze an enemy in place! The hunter can fulfill the role of Damage and their primary stat is Agility. The Rogue: Rogues often serve as assassins or scouts, though many are lone wolves as well. Rogues specialize in dual-wielding a variety of weapons, though the preferred rogue weapon is the dagger. Rogues can often sneak around enemy positions or attack an opponent from behind and try to finish them off quickly and return to the shadows. The Rogue can fulfill the role of Damage and their primary stat is Agility. The Priest: Priests are well-rounded healers with a variety of tools. However, they can also sacrifice their healing do deal damage with Shadow magic. Within society, Priests act as the spiritual leaders of their respective races. The Priest can fulfill the role of Damage and Healing and their primary stat is Intellect, and Spirit if Healing. The Shaman: Shamans use the power of the elements to enhance their weapon damage or spells. Shamans summon totems in combat, small objects that buff, heal, or damage enemies or allies. Shamans often act as spiritual leaders in tribal communities. The Shaman can fulfill the role of Damage and Healer. Their primary stat as a Melee Damage dealer is Agility, as a Spell Damage Dealer is Intellect and as a Healer, it is Spirit. The Mage: Mages are the iconic magic-users of Azeroth and learn to craft through intense research and study. They make up for their light armor with a potent array of offensive and defensive spells. The Mage can fulfill the role of Damage and their primary stat is Intellect. The Warlock: Warlocks deal Fire or Shadow magic to damage, drain or curse their enemy. They can drain souls to power their spells. Warlocks can also convert their health into mana or to summon their allies to their location. Warlocks are feared in some Alliance societies while considered great leaders in some Horde societies. As casters, the Warlock's primary stat is Intellect and can fulfill the role of Damage. The Druid: Druids are shape-shifters with an affinity for the plant and animal kingdoms. There are three types of druid: Balance Druids who cast Nature and Arcane spells at range, Feral Druids who can take on the form of a cat (tiger) or bear to fight in melee, or Restoration Druids who can heal their allies with an emphasis on heal-over-time spells. Druids can fulfill of the role of Damage, Tank and Healer. Balance Druids use Intellect as their primary stat, Feral Druids use Agility, and Restoration Druids use Spirit. The Death Knight: These former agents of the Scourge have now allied themselves with the Alliance or Horde. Death Knights are a hero class, which means they start at a high level (55), but require another character to be at that level or higher to be created. Death Knights use runes and runic power as their primary resource. Each of three types of rune is used for different abilities. Death Knights have more ranged capabilities then most melee classes with an emphasis on causing diseases and doing damage with their undead pets and melee weapons. The Death Knight can fulfill the role of Damage and Tank. Their primary stat for Damage is Strength and for Tanking, they use Stamina.Cybrok7 Aug 10, 2012
Aug 10, 2012 Mage vs Warlock? I am starting to choose from the two (Mage/Warlock).. and I had little background on mages cause I've tried them before and loved it. But now I want to know which class is better when it comes to PvP. I had experience with WOTLK but starting CATA I have no idea which class stands out. Can you guys give me some tips? opinions? thanks.Kickingfish17 Aug 10, 2012
Aug 10, 2012 worth comine back to wow at this time? I have quit WoW for over a year now I think... and well I have a few friends that just started playing again. they want to "scroll of resurrection" me, but I'm not sure it will be worth even bothering to play WoW for a week. or if it would bring back the old addiction and make me want to re sub. I know a lot of my old guild has seemed to jump ship about the same time I did. and the reasons I quit was my guild died early in Cata. we stopped having our late night group run any instances.. and that was the only time I could raid. at this point I dont really want to get back into it and then have Pandaria come out and kill what ever group I find. I still dont see WoW going free to play... so I really hate the idea of paying 15 bucks a month again. is it still worth playing and paying to most people? should I give WoW another shot?Gattius5 Aug 10, 2012
Aug 10, 2012 Want to start playing again, help with class. •What have you played before? I've played EVERY CLASS. •How far did you level it?These are the highest level i've gotten each class. Warrior 20. Paladin 77. Hunter 30. Rogue 40. Priest 76. Death knight 68. Shaman 35. Mage 75. Warlock 85. Druid 75 •With a friend or alone? What's your friend going to be leveling? Most likely Alone :( i dont have many friends/ dont know many people on the game. •Are you leveling via PvE or PvP? Chain-running dungeons? Mainly going to be questing, but fit in some BGs to keep it exciting and fresh •Will you be doing primarily raids/dungeons at level cap (PvE) or knocking the opposing faction in the balls over a flag (PvP)? I would LOVE to get into Raiding, i've been playing on and off since TBC and always got to cap level. then stopping until the next expansion, which i dont paln to do with MoP. I plan to fully play through MoP. I wouldnt mind being able to take a break from raiding and do some PVP arena. •Will you be multiboxing or just playing a single character? Single Character. •Race preference? Either for looks or the actual racials (or lore!). I dont have a race preference. •Heals/tank/DPS? What's your style for DPS - melee or ranged? I like to DPS and Heal, im willing to try out tanking. As for DPS i PREFER to pew pew from far away. •Any favorite game mechanics? (DoTs, HoTs, stealth, mana, etc) I love the ability to DoT or HoT. Seems very usefull and unique to be able to cast spells instantly and be very mobile. •Hybrid or pure? Does it matter? Hybrid would be very nice. I want to level my frist REAL main. And i would love that main to be able to tackle achievements on his own. Able to get special loots from old raids and such alone. •Pet or temporary pet or none at all? Does it matter? Dosent matter at all to me if i do have one or not. •Throw in any extra details here:Alkali9 Aug 10, 2012
Aug 10, 2012 PVP gears for for higher ilvl Hi, Where do i start to get points to buy pvp gears so that i can queue for higher level dungeon?Icyhotjr14 Aug 10, 2012
Aug 9, 2012 Returning player So I have not played in two and half years. Stop playing in the middle of ICC. Came back currently doing a trial period. First think I learn, I don't remember how to play a rogue. 5 mob>me....even with how gear I am. So instead of spending time (yes, lazy arent I) learning to play a rogue again I figured re-roll and start new on a server. Back history, player since Vanilla, have done healing, tanking and melee dps. Never done range, thinking of doing it but no experience on range. Looking for a suggestions, and possible server but more on class.Evasiontank2 Aug 9, 2012
Aug 9, 2012 returning after 1 year So with MOP on the horizon and that I have 4 level 85's( hunter, rogue, warrior, and dk) and some high level alts, Is there anything that I should try to focus on or just basically learn my classes again and then wait for Mop or with that too i know i read everything is changing even then. I am lost and overwhelmed at the amount of change. So please some good advice on what I should be doing. ThanksSliiced5 Aug 9, 2012
Aug 9, 2012 looking for a server with low latency Hi im lookin for a server with low latency. I dont know what PTRs are, and I cant seem to find ne info on them or where to test for ping. I want to change realms if i find 1 thats lower. are PTRs where you can test a real server for ping? If this is common knowledge, I apologize, I just cant seem to figure out where to get the info. Much appreciatedMitchelrodne6 Aug 9, 2012
Aug 9, 2012 Looking for next character What have you played before? This hunter Pally to level 60 DK to level 66 priest to 30 druid and rogue to 20 Describe what you liked and disliked about those classes. Be detailed! i LOVE how easy it is to solo on this hunter, i hated how i kept dying on my priest. i really like to just be able to deal enough damage and deal it quickly enough that i dont have to worry about my health, not necessarily someone with good armor but someone who can survive Are you leveling via PvE or PvP? Chain-running dungeons? I'm definitely gonna be running a lot of dungeons but it'll probably be mostly questing, with some PvP on the side but not a priority. Will you be doing primarily raids/dungeons at level cap (PvE) or knocking the opposing faction in the balls over a flag (PvP)? Definitely mostly PvE Race preference? Either for looks or the actual racials (or lore!). none at all Heals/tank/DPS? What's your style for DPS - melee or ranged? im an awful tank, and for my priest and pally i leveled them as healers to get them into dungeons faster then dual spec'd as soon as it was available, but i definitely prefer DPS. i dont care about melee or ranged. Any favorite game mechanics? (DoTs, HoTs, stealth, mana, etc) i hate DoTs, i like big, burst damage that kills fast Hybrid or pure? Does it matter? doesnt matter Pet or temporary pet or none at all? Does it matter? i didnt love having the pet follow me around on the hunter, i just kind of found it annoying but its not a big deal Throw in any extra details here: i basically want a character who can hold up on his own (either by killing the enemy before they get to you or by taking a beating), and can do huge, burst damage. i get really impatient with leveling so i want to level fast and efficiently, and i want a class thats really interesting to play (example: i find warriors so boring and plain, but the cool magic behind mages and druids and shamans is something im really into) Thanks so much!Achenn1 Aug 9, 2012
Aug 9, 2012 Justice Points? Hi, Just a quick question regarding the purchase of equipment from the Justice vendor in Stormwind. This character will level soon and there seems to be a lot of good items there. I noticed that some I can buy with Justice points and then others have another type of currency. The picture is so small on my monitor that I can't understand what currency it is. It looks like it costs only one of them. Maybe a helm looking picture. I am not sure, however I would like to buy those pieces equipment. Could anyone tell me how to go about aquiring the necessary currency besides justice points? And what they are. Thanks for your time.Magnadon3 Aug 9, 2012
Aug 9, 2012 I am looking for some one to cast a SOR on me Hi I want to come back to WoW, can some one cast a scroll of resurrection on me?Xen3 Aug 9, 2012
Aug 9, 2012 Fear of Flying? Is there any reasonable way to break out of the spell that Kael'thas (spelling?) casts on you in Magister's Terrace where you are suspended up in the air and can't seen to do a Da** thing about it? This drives me nuts. LOLGeodir7 Aug 9, 2012
Aug 9, 2012 can some1 send me scroll of res please ? please send me a scroll of res , thanks,Blackcastle5 Aug 9, 2012
Aug 8, 2012 newish player looking for a server hi, i play on my moms account (apparently not old enough for my own) and im looking for a server to make a character on, she has up to cataclysm and she has a max level druid but i want to level on my own without any help i tried logging into her forum thing to post there but her authenticator is with her and shes out at the store picking up school supplies so im posting on the free account i tried out before i decided to ask her to play on her account what server would be good for a new player and how would i make lots of gold? she said it costs a bit to be able to ride the mounts and even more to fly on them she has told me some things about the game and i watch her raid every week so i know some stuff but im just wanting to do a character on my own and show her when its finished also i don tknow what class to play or what faction to be i guess it doesn tmatter whichever easier?Rapkal1 Aug 8, 2012
Aug 8, 2012 Suggestions for a new alt. What have you played before? Druid / Resto&Feral How far did you level it? 85 Describe what you liked and disliked about those classes. Be detailed! The heal playstyle of a druid was awesome, super mobile, pretty laid back, hot whatever's taking damage and let them do their thing, never running oom, or at least not until the end of a boss fight. In PvP being able to shift forms to run away and /lol. When I'm feral I always tank, soloing old raids and dungeons for achievements and gold. In current dungeons/raids I had a decent amount of damage mitigation tools and being able to do some good dps was nice. Some good mobility too. Having Faeire Fire to keep aggro on some ranged guys. The survivability and self heals is nice. With a friend or alone? What's your friend going to be leveling? By myself. Are you leveling via PvE or PvP? Chain-running dungeons? Questing and dungeons primarily, maybe a couple of battlegrounds while levling. Will you be doing primarily raids/dungeons at level cap (PvE) or knocking the opposing faction in the balls over a flag (PvP)? PvE, raids and dungeons 90% of the time. Will you be multiboxing or just playing a single character? One character Race preference? Either for looks or the actual racials (or lore!). Anything horde that isn't Undead, their looks aren't appealing. Heals/tank/DPS? What's your style for DPS - melee or ranged? Healing or Tanking, if I am to DPS range would be preferred, but I won't discriminate against melee . Any favorite game mechanics? (DoTs, HoTs, stealth, mana, etc) I'm don't really enjoy the rage aspect, or I didn't all that much when feral tanking. Something that can heal preferably. Hybrid or pure? Does it matter? I would prefer a hybrid. Pet or temporary pet or none at all? Does it matter? It doesn't matter. Throw in any extra details here: Something that can heal would be nice, it's what I'll most likely be doing when I'm max level. :P Thanks in advance.Dazkalzul1 Aug 8, 2012
Aug 8, 2012 keybindings . action bars . What are some good key binds to use for a protection paladin ? Also , what abilities should i have on my main bar ? My UI is almost identical to Towelliee's on TGN YouTube . I currently use 1,2,3,q,e,r,z,x,c,shift+a,control+z,control+c . In order , I use : Crusader Strike , Hammer of righteous , Judgment ( gonna shorten 'em now ) AS, SoR, HoJ HWrath, HShield, HoReckoning AWings, INQ, DPlea Also , I constantly end up hitting CAPS LOCK with my shift modifiers , so any help or ideas you could give , would be great :DVyndorathran3 Aug 8, 2012
Aug 8, 2012 icedragons sticky - looking to create a class Do you want to have a permanent pet? Is a temporary one okay with you? Or does it not matter if you have a pet? i dont really care if i have a pet or not. it doesnt matter to me. Are you partial to cloth wearers or do you want a little more bulk in your armor? i prefer anything but plate What have you played in other games before? Maybe you played a caster in another game and liked it, or have a fondness for barbarians/warriors. WoW might have a rough equivalent for you! i have not played any other games with classes like wow. Do you want to be able to heal yourself and others, or are you okay with lacking those spells? i would like to be able to heal. Which is your preference: attacking enemies from a distance or being up in their faces? i prefer ranged. Are you the sneaky type or do you take pleasure ripping out internal organs as a greeting right off the bat? i would like to kill my enemy right off the bat. however i do like to trick them. like i saw a video of mages using stealth to ambush people and moonkins using cat form to ambush enemies and then they would pop into moonkin form. i thought that was pretty cool. Do you want to be on the front lines with a shield or watching over your group to keep them safe? i would rather heal than tank but i would prefer ranged dps over healing and tanking. Will you be leveling with a friend or mostly on your own? If you're doing it with a friend, what are they planning to level, or have they not decided yet? i will be leveling alone Have you read about classes at all yet? If so, what stands out as interesting to you? Have you tried any classes already? shamans, priests, druids, hunters, mages, and warlocks all seem fun but i think my top ones would be shamans priests druids and hunters. Are you interested in the lore or story of Warcraft? Some classes have a lot of easily-absorbed lore while others are a little "less detailed" in their history. i dont really care about lore right now. Interested in roleplaying at all? This goes with the previous question, but some races/classes are easier to roleplay as a newbie than others (with lots of history to adhere to). i might roleplay with a friend or two later but not any time soon,. Do any of the races stick out to you as being attractive? Not every race can be every class, so if you have an early favorite (or if you really dislike one in particular) this can narrow things down. i love trolls, blood elves, and undead. luckily, i found a really nice guild and my guild mates are extremely helpful. i have not been playing that long so i didnt know what class to play. they pointed me to this forum for help. i want to pvp mainly and i just tried out healing a battleground. it wasn't too bad, it was actually kind of fun. but i would also like to be able to kill in bg's. my friends told me balance druids and shadow priests are really good, whereas elemental shamans are kinda weak. they also said priests and druid were good healers, with shaman being slightly behind. I love to ranged pvp and so i will mainly be doing that with an offspec to heal pvp. any ways, druid, shaman, and priest are my main choices. can i have some info on each and which one do i sound like i would enjoy most?Nickolai5 Aug 8, 2012
Aug 8, 2012 Addon Help I recently downloaded two Addons from Curse.com I chose Bartender4 and Quartz, if that info is needed. How do I get them to work?Muertumbra1 Aug 8, 2012
Aug 8, 2012 Good MoP DPS Class? Hey guys, Today i'm going to switch my DK over to the Sargeras server, and I also plan on re-rolling a class. Thing is, i've done almost all Melee classes (everything except Druid) and I have yet to do a caster class. From what I know, Warlocks are supposed to be OP in MoP, but I don't know about them. Mages are already OP, but I don't know whether or not they are getting nerfed in the next expansion. I just want a class that will do something good in the new content, and something fun to play and level on. Thanks!Chaøtix4 Aug 8, 2012
Aug 8, 2012 Fastest way to 85? whats the fastest way 1-85? questing? dungeons? I normally just dungeon but I've seen a lot of low levels in quest gear. So dungeons or quest? or another way I completely missed?Lisa8 Aug 8, 2012
Aug 8, 2012 Starting back up – would like suggestions I haven’t played since Jan 2011 (right after Cata come out). I’m assuming that Cata rep will become useless once MoP comes out, so I wasn’t planning on maxing Cata faction rep. And I wasn’t going to worry about gearing up, since the gear will be outdated pretty quickly in MoP (again, assuming from the way past expansions went). I’ve been completely out of the loop (haven’t had time to read forums or stay up to date on the game at all), so any suggestions for stuff to focus on over the next few weeks is appreciated. • I’m only Honored w/ my guild, so I’ll start there. Run dailies/dungeons for guild rep. I only have 3 – 4 pieces of level 359 gear, so raiding is probably out. • I vaguely remember working toward a rare find in Archeology, so I’ll probably keep looking there. I like doing the rare fishing/cooking/archeology stuff. • My main has all 6 professions are maxed at 525, but I’ll probably level a couple Alt professions to 525. • ???Zeeo2 Aug 8, 2012
Aug 8, 2012 RaF? I'm not looking to recruit, I already have someone recruited. But I have a couple of questions regarding the free time I will gain from them when they buy their first subscription. First of all, is it only the first month they pay that I earn a free month? Or is it ongoing? And second, will the free month still apply to me if my own subscription is currently expired? Will I have to renew mine in order to get the free one?Vardenstalkr3 Aug 8, 2012
Aug 8, 2012 mounting mounts I have noticed while dungeoning that some of my colleagues seem to be able to mount their mounts instantly. I have to: press the "k" key, then choose the "mounts" tab, then hit the "mount" button. Pretty time consuming. Is there a better way? I have redefined my "end" key to dismount. That seems to work fine. Any thoughts appreciated.Dandydee9 Aug 8, 2012
Aug 8, 2012 Rested XP Question Hi, I've recently leveled up one of my toons from 80-83, and I can no longer handle the grind. I'm wondering how long it would take for my toon to get full rested. And does the amount of rested xp you get per day depend on your character's level? So if im level 10, will I get full rested xp faster than my level 80?Fusker11 Aug 8, 2012
Aug 8, 2012 coming back to the game heavy ! need to know hello Blizzard and players i am thinking of coming back to the game after a 5 month on a rest and i need to know what monitor i should use , and should i use glasses for playing as i play usually 3 ~ 5 hours continues i have geared pc just missing the monitor and i am wondering if i can play wow 3DNeezw4 Aug 8, 2012
Aug 8, 2012 Class with no downtime between spells Hi, I was wondering if there were any classes come end game whether its pvp or pve, that have no downtime between spells. What i mean by that is like all the melee classes have slow downtimes! Like for example, Rogue, energy regen is way to slow for me, same with Death knights and their runes, and warriors and their rage, and ret paladins with their lack of spells to use and their shared cooldowns. With casters, I like casting, but for pvp, it all seems so slow and I can't do anything when melee targets you and hammers you down. Melee have it easier in pvp. Anyway, are there any classes that have faster way of playing?Heavyload9 Aug 8, 2012
Aug 8, 2012 New Main/Alt What have you played before? Warrior, Warlock, Mage How far did you level it? 85 Warrior, 85 Warlock, 80 Mage Describe what you liked and disliked about those classes. Be detailed! I liked how warriors could wear plate and the abilities like charge, heroic leap and bladestorm. I didn't like how i could be kited so easily and how the only way to get into an RBG is to spec prot and Fc. I liked the different fears the warlock had but i didn't like the overall playstyle of it. I only made the mage for portals. With a friend or alone? What's your friend going to be leveling? Alone Are you leveling via PvE or PvP? Chain-running dungeons? I will be doing a mixture of both but mostly will be questing. Will you be doing primarily raids/dungeons at level cap (PvE) or knocking the opposing faction in the balls over a flag (PvP)? I will be doing A lot of pvp and some pve. Will you be multiboxing or just playing a single character? Single Character Race preference? Either for looks or the actual racials (or lore!). No Heals/tank/DPS? What's your style for DPS - melee or ranged? Dps and melee or range would be fine. Any favorite game mechanics? (DoTs, HoTs, stealth, mana, etc) Some dots but wouldn't want all my abilities to Dot up and run. Hybrid or pure? Does it matter? Pure Pet or temporary pet or none at all? Does it matter? Wouldn't mind a pet but isn't on top of my list. Throw in any extra details here: I want a class that i will be able to easily get into Rbg and arena with as Dps but don't want it to be super easy to learn. Something with good survivability. I don't want a paladin or priest.Epidemikz1 Aug 8, 2012
Aug 8, 2012 Returning Vet, LF class Q&A. IF YOU'RE A VETERAN AND HAVE PLAYED EXTENSIVELY: ---> OR HAVE LEVELED PAST 60 What have you played before? My 85 rogue extensively and paly to 28, but not enough to make a full judgement. How far did you level it? Above. Describe what you liked and disliked about those classes. Be detailed! Rogue? Easy. Stealth, gank, stun, and of course doing it all from behind. This class always has the decency to annoy people, and that may be a good thing in game for us rogues, far worse for them when they die, (speaking from a PvP stand point). Paly? more like meh... Gave him a shot. With a friend or alone? What's your friend going to be leveling? With a returning buddy, he has an 85 war and paly. Not certain of which specs but if I remember correctly he primarily PvEs. Not sure if he'll be leveling anything else. So I want to keep aside from what he owns, I like versatility in group play. Are you leveling via PvE or PvP? Chain-running dungeons? PvE quest grinding, I feel it's a lot quicker. Will you be doing primarily raids/dungeons at level cap (PvE) or knocking the opposing faction in the balls over a flag (PvP)? Primarily I'll be raiding end game content with main spec. Off spec I would like to be running around the BGs, maybe some arena here and there, MAYBE. Will you be multiboxing or just playing a single character? Single. Race preference? Either for looks or the actual racials (or lore!). Racials as a main preference. Heals/tank/DPS? What's your style for DPS - melee or ranged? I've always played melee DPS, I just enjoyed the rogue so much, regardless of any nerfs, I'm still down for the class. Playing for this long now, I think it's definitely time to try something different. I still prefer DPS in all aspects, melee or ranged. Any favorite game mechanics? (DoTs, HoTs, stealth, mana, etc) Sigh, it's a bit sad but I haven't tried much of any class really. So I can't really say I have a favorite. Like I said, I always found DPS enjoyable, and to nuke the shunanagins outta something! I had my days with my CC paper doll. A class that's going to be tough primarily 1v1 on the spot and I'm some what interested in kiting with a lot of CC. Isn't this what primarily makes the class great? Hybrid or pure? Does it matter? Doesn't matter. Pet or temporary pet or none at all? Does it matter? Doesn't matter. Throw in any extra details here: Considering MoP coming around the corner. Like I said, PvE as my main spec and PvP as my off spec. Most of all, I just don't want to have the slightest feeling I might get bored of the class after 85 and geared out. I want a class that every raid/PvP group is going to want, not just some filler. Had those days with my rogue :(. For those of you testing out the classes in MoP beta currently, which do you find more enjoyable in the long run, currently and is going to be the most beneficial to a PvE and PvP group play?Maveah0 Aug 8, 2012
Aug 8, 2012 Dk abilities question What abilities should i even bother using and which ones should i not have on my bar? thanks!Romattizen5 Aug 8, 2012
Aug 8, 2012 XP gap in Cata zones? or bug? When my 81 Pal kills an 80 mob in Hyjal she gets 3600 + bonus. When she kills an 80 mob in Icecrown she gets 215 + bonus. Is that normal? or should I open a ticket? I may be misremembering but it seems like it just happened. I was killing in Sholazar (3 or 4 levels below me) and getting 2000-something per kill and some quest experience, then it dropped to 200+ per kill. So I tested in Icecrown and Hyjal. Any explanation is appreciated. KriKri2 Aug 8, 2012
Aug 7, 2012 Question about classes I am looking to create a new character and my choices were between shaman, mage, and druid. I am mainly looking to be rDPS and I will mainly be PvPing. At level cap, I would like to ranged PvP and have an offspec for PvE. But, from what I have heard, shamans are not very good in PvP unless they are resto. I heard mages are a lot of fun in PvP but I heard they only push like two spells and they can't heal themselves. The problem I have with druids is feral. I heard that if you go feral DPS, you have to stay behind the target in order to be effective. I think that this would be very hard in PvP so it makes me iffy on the class. I would like to be able to self heal too and I have a few questions I would like to ask. 1. are shaman bad at PvP? Will they still be bad in MoP? 2. Do I have to stay behind my target as a druid in order to kill them and win? 3. Are boomkin more fun than an elemental shaman? 4. Is balance a viable pvp spec? 5. Which of these three classes will probably get me into arenas and a PvP guild? And if you think I should be another class, please tell me! I'm open to all possibilities except I'm iffy about melee classes since I love to be ranged.Wasäbi13 Aug 7, 2012
Aug 7, 2012 Re-Rolling Advice Once I heard the date of MoP release I knew I had to get back into WoW and enjoy it again, problem is that I havent even touched WoW in 6 months and I just want to start fresh all over again and prepare myself for MoP. You guys have any good classes you could recommend for DPS? I was thinking about Tanking, and Healing, but it's been so long that I've played that I've forgotten the 5 years of WoW I've played. I could use all the advice I can get. ThanksSharkk3 Aug 7, 2012
Aug 7, 2012 Starter Pack to Basic Account Question :S I started off with downloading the WoW Starter Edition and wanted to upgrade to the "Basic" account since I can't go up any further then Level 20. I just purchased the physical copy of the game, so what do I have to do now to upgrade? What are the contents I need for it? Really new to this,guys. :SLunasia8 Aug 7, 2012
Aug 7, 2012 Computer keeps crashing WHY? Well it has been a long 5 months, I have cancelled wow, I have wanted to play wow so bad and came back only to have my computer crash again and again and again. I decided wow was a priority so I invested in a new computer, New motherboard, New graphics card, new ram, New cd rom, New gaming antec 9 fan (20mil biggest) case. a Raptor hard drive. Nothing helped. The system every time i went into a dungeon crashed..... So i sat here and ran a few tests I did the Fur test, which ran perfectly, maxed out my GPU so hard, but the system didn't turn off. I did a stress test on maxing out the system. Still no crash. Then i loaded wow, and whalla crashed within 15 seconds of a dungeon. So I noticed a error message on wow that said "interface failed because of add-ons". So i proceeded to disable ALL the addons that I ust couldn't live without. I had a total of about 15 add ons. After disabling all the addons , the system ran great, boss's in dungeons on ultra! With no problem. So I only added on just a Few. and now wow plays great on ultra. This be a lesson to you gamers who think adding on eveyr addon that seems cool is a good idea its not 15 add ons with no name authors = BIG NO NO 4 add ons trusted with tons of users = OK This lesson took me 5 months of horrible agony and dumping tons of money into my computer to try to figure out what the problem was. I hope that this thread will help you and possibly save you the grief that i went through. Good luck Gamers!Wriathadept0 Aug 7, 2012
Aug 7, 2012 is there a quest into dragon sole thxIvantheiv5 Aug 7, 2012
Aug 7, 2012 Random Questions Hello. I've recently returned to WoW after several years off and I've brought my level 30 alliance mage up to 64. I've got a few "stupid" questions that I've tried to answer using WoWWiki but I've been unsuccessful. 1.) I've got my second mount, unlocked at level 40. I payed for the Expert riding talent at 60, but I can't seem to find a faster mount anywhere. Where do I find them? 2.) Everyone talks about Pets, too. Who can have pets? And how do I get one of those? 3.) I'm on a server and I almost NEVER see other players. I know it's rated at Low Population. Is it possible to move between servers? Do I have to pay for that?Wier6 Aug 7, 2012
Aug 7, 2012 These blue quest markers are confusing. I know they normally mean daily quests but, one day I got back on my lvl 85 pally to do some more of the story quests I never finished (for gold and for fun), but when I went back to blood gulch all the quest exclamation points were blue, as if they were dailies. Does this mean that ONCE I hit 85, my story quests are done and I can only do dailies now, or do they just appear blue because they only offer rep or money since I'm maxed out in exp?Ragnah4 Aug 7, 2012
Aug 7, 2012 rerolling with MoP in mind Hello forums, i am willing to reroll for MoP because i don't have a permanent main right now, but i do want one. So firstly, i prefer dps>healing>>>>tanking..i don't like tanking. I do love seeing lots of damage/healing numbers flying around with the occasional huge crits..that's fun. I do pvp..mostly 3's, 5's, randoms and rated bg's with the occasional BH/some DS..but mostly pvp. So, because of that..survivability is key for me, or at least having defense cooldowns. I love doing a ton of damage and not having a hard time getting into rated bg's. I am super competitive, so topping damage or even healing charts (if the class could heal) would be awesome. I do love dots, it's not a dealbreak, but they're fun. I do like ranged, but it doesn't matter, as long as the class actually takes skill to play and hard to master..but when i do, it'll be worth it. I had a dk, priest, shaman or druid in mind, but really between all the classes So any suggestions on a class with MoP in mind? Please and thank you for the help :)Defiantly14 Aug 7, 2012