New Player Help and Guides

Oct 6, 2012 New player to WoW... Hey all I am new to the World of Warcraft. Anybody have teamspeak or wanna play together?Manzgar2 Oct 6, 2012
Oct 6, 2012 So im starting my paladin back in MoP? And was wondering how the threat is doing? He is still 85 but I quit in July. In cata I had few problems with threat on a group of mobs but other than that I was fine. So how are pally tanks?Dorlunc2 Oct 6, 2012
Oct 6, 2012 Intro quest Where the intro quest in the kun lai summit to go to the towlong steppesCircinus1 Oct 6, 2012
Oct 6, 2012 Rerolling.....maybe? I was thinking about rerolling or possibly just faction changing and moving servers. From the time I started playing wow right after the opening of AQ up through the last content patch of WOTLK I was a hardcore raider. Raid progression was my thing. The server I am on now has basically died. Server number is low and the amount of good players is either spread too thin between a million guilds or is very low. Realm changing definitely a possibility. My question is, on our realm the two biggest guilds through WOTLK was poor play & union. Multiple high ranked kills either us/world from vanilla through BC. This is not the original char that I played back then so even though I have the achievements for completing the dungeons / raids I do not have the "Server First" achievements and such. Is there any sites that still have the tracked kills from vanilla to current ? Guild progress used to have a nice setup but I see that they have changed for T12-T14. I would like to be able to show for my experience in past content.Dlm2 Oct 6, 2012
Oct 6, 2012 need help....please.. I am trying to contact a friend. I do not have a computer fast enough to run wow and because of that I have not paid a subscription. I was wondering if anyone would do me a favor.. I'm looking to get in contact with an old friend of mine. US - Uldum - Kayhless If someone could please tell him I am trying to get a hold of him and either provide him with a link here or ask him to follow me on wowprogress.com so we can send messages. Thanks in advance !!Dlm1 Oct 6, 2012
Oct 6, 2012 Question about other players... What does playername (*) mean? I see them while I am out there but I didn't know what that means. Thanks! :)Lunardreams7 Oct 6, 2012
Oct 6, 2012 Returning player, questions about SoR/druids Hi all, I'm coming back tomorrow with a scroll of resurrection and because of certain circumstances I have until tomorrow to decide which class I want to bump to level 80. I haven't played in 6 years and lastly I played a rogue to like level 50. My question in can someone please explain to me what the realistic role off the druid is in groups and raids today at level 80 plus? I know they "can" tank and Dps, but do groups out raids take them on for those roles or are they pretty much always relegating to healing roles? Any info you can give on druids at that level would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!Marvinard4 Oct 6, 2012
Oct 6, 2012 Best Glyphs for Leveling I'm leveling a Discipline Priest along with my best friend, a Demonology Warlock. We'll be leveling by doing each dungeon once while questing, but we are unsure what glyphs are best for us for leveling. Can anyone point us in the right direction? *Edit: We're really focused on leveling as quickly as possible.Dreamberry2 Oct 6, 2012
Oct 6, 2012 how to get back? How do I get back to stormwind from the hellfire peninsula?Nakvaan3 Oct 6, 2012
Oct 6, 2012 Black market T3 question On the black market tier three doesn't have a class requirement to use...does that mean I can bid on the priest t3 and use it?Deathkingdea2 Oct 6, 2012
Oct 6, 2012 Upgrade Mining! Where do I find a +10 Mining Pick or anything else that has + for mining so I can get mining from 340/375 up?Snottz3 Oct 6, 2012
Oct 5, 2012 How do dungeons work now? I recently came back to WoW, when I played last while you could still go to all the old dungeons, they were all still at their original level. Now, I just recently read a post of people doing a heroic scholomance run and getting level 90 drops. So how do things work? Once I hit 90, can I revisit all the old dungeons and raids at a scaled difficulty and get proper gear? Is this possible at lower levels too, or do you have to hit 90 and run heroics to get it? Any help is appreciated, thank you.Publius5 Oct 5, 2012
Oct 5, 2012 Welcome to World of Warcraft! Hey everyone! Im starting a thread to help new people. -Starting wow- When you start WoW, the first thing to do is figure out what you want to do. Here are some things people do. Professions *people level to 5 and get Professions. When you get a profession, you make items used in the game. *Primary Professions* *Alchemy* Alchemists use herbs to create strange, magical brews that heal, empower, and produce a variety of positive effects - invisibility, elemental resistance, mana restoration, and much, much more. *Blacksmithing* Blacksmiths utilize their expertise with hammer and anvil to craft deadly weapons, heavy suits of mail and plate armor, and other, more specialized items. *Enchanting* Enchanters disenchant surplus magical items - and use the residue to permanently augment equipment of their choosing. *Engineering* Engineers take advantage of their inventiveness to create an immense (and occasionally random) variety of helpful items. *Herbalism* Herbalists carefully harvest the helpful and potent herbs found throughout the world. *Inscription* Scribes weave words of power into glyphs that can improve heroes' skills and abilities, and add special effects not possible by normal means. *Jewelcrafting* Jewelcrafters unlock the surprising power in precious stones, creating potent jewelry and trinkets. *Leatherworking* Leatherworkers take the rough, spiny or sturdy hides of beasts everywhere and turn them into useful products. *Mining* Miners pursue valuable and useful ores, extracting them straight from the earth with their picks. *Skinning* Skinners ensure that nothing goes to waste by removing the hides of dead beasts and amassing piles of fur and leather. *Tailoring* Tailors take simple cloth and weave wonders out of it; cloth armor and robes, shirts, bags and other creations are the purview of the tailor. -Secondary Profession- *Archaeology* Archaeologists search the world - and places beyond - for mysterious remnants of the past. *Cooking* Cooks experiment with strange and wondrous ingredients gathered from the far corners of Azeroth. *First Aid* Physicians save lives in the dangerous world of Azeroth by using bandages and antidotes to heal injuries and remove poisons. *Fishing* Fishers relax and feed themselves by catching the bounty of Azeroth's lakes and seas. Roleplaying Role playing is when two or more people take on a personality, trait, actions, and mannerisms that aren't their own in order to act out a scenario, or part of a game, or similar. Think of it as acting. In fact, it >is< acting. If you think about it, actors take on 'roles' for a movie or a play. 'Role playing' is acting out a role. So these people are acting out some scene, game, movie, whatever, that they know about and are comfortable doing online. It's actually quite fun with a good group of people. *got this anwser from http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080725184524AAqGinN * Have any other questions? just place it here and ill try and get back to it ASAP!Cheehee1 Oct 5, 2012
Oct 5, 2012 Help here please! i don't have cata or panda, but i would like to have a gun (lvl 80) from panda. Can i get it some way, from AH maybe. Ill give 5k gold.Nodar11 Oct 5, 2012
Oct 5, 2012 Sacrifist's Profession Guide for New Players Posting's complete! Nitpick away. I've seen quite a few questions in the New Players forum lately about getting started with professions, so I thought I'd put together a handy guide on the basics of each profession, and what to expect from them along the way. Thus: Sacrifist's Profession Guide for New Players Contents: I. The Basics 1. How and Where to Acquire Professions 2. Primary and Secondary Professions 3. The Profession Pane 4. The Act of Crafting 5. Unlearning a Profession II. The Professions 1. Herbalism 2. Mining 3. Skinning 4. Alchemy 5. Blacksmithing 6. Enchanting 7. Engineering 8. Inscription 9. Leatherworking 10. Tailoring I: The Basics How and Where to Acquire Professions Once you reach level 5, you're eligible to learn most professions. You can choose two primary professions, as well as all four secondary professions. To get started, you need to find a profession trainer. Every major city will have trainers for every profession. You can find some trainers in smaller towns as well, but major cities are the most reliable place to find them. The easiest way to locate them is by asking a city guard – you'll want to select 'trainer' from the conversation tree, followed by 'profession traner' and the profession you want to learn. The guard will place a marker on your map (press M to bring it up) indicating the location of the trainer you seek. Once you reach the trainer, right-click to talk to him or her. Select ' I would like to train', and select 'Apprentice [profession]' from the top of the window that appears. Clicking the Train button will bring up a prompt warning you that you can only learn two professions at any one time. If this is the one you'd like to learn, select Accept. You're on your way!Sacrifist56 Oct 5, 2012
Oct 5, 2012 Getting heirlooms in mop I was wondering is it going to take longer now to get heirlooms since you only get 35 jp for each boss you kill?Azarious1 Oct 5, 2012
Oct 5, 2012 Pally or Druid from what i seen lvl 58-90 Druids are really really good i dont have much experience with Pallys tho but its dam hard to kill them i think they have stronger healing power then druids but i really dont know but this is my question i have everything i need to roll a Druid have full boa but i only have cloak helm and boa pants for Pally and i was wondering is it worth geting full boa for pally or go druid? any help would be very helpfullRotingzombie1 Oct 5, 2012
Oct 5, 2012 Scroll of Resurrection, 80 to Raids Hello all, A friend of mine was kind of enough to send me a SoR and I now have a 80 Resto Druid. I really like the idea of the SoR because I think it was made for people like me. A little background, I started in 2006 but I wasn't really serious about playing because I hit level 15 and all my friends, who told me I should play, stopped playing. Being not familiar with the mechanics and burned on my first MMO, Matrix Online, I didn't progress very far as a Druid. I did however begin to like running dungeons and PvP, ie Deadmines and Warsong Gulch. However, dungeons were difficult for me to dedicate time to because I had a young child. So eventually I re-rolled and went Rogue. It was a much more enjoyable experience for solo play. Not that I dislike the druid, but for PvP, it was better. Eventually, through farming Tiny Crimson Whelp pets and mining, I made a 39 Rogue Twink and just sat in the Battlegrounds for months. As a casual gamer I earned Master Seargent on that toon and I was having fun. My plan was to stay at 39 and farm Honor to get level 60 PvP gear. Unfortunately, I had to quit playing because I couldn't afford the month to month fee. I came back around BC briefly and accidently leveled up. My fault for actually not reading the changes in the game. But I had to start leveling and my twink status was over since BC ushered in new chants. Oh well back to grinding. I didn't stay back though because I didn't have the BC expansion yet. I eventually got the battlechest for applying for a job with Blizzard's cinematic team. I didn't get the job but I got the BC upgrade. I played a little then and realized mounts were now in low level BGs and so much of the dynamics had changed. Also, so much time had passed that people who I had played with before were raiding later Tiers and I wasn't even close to T1 gear. Eventually I gave up playing altogether and would only come back to Azeroth when trials would happen, getting more and more discouraged about not knowing what was going on. Along comes the SoR and a friend at work who plays with her husband in an adults with kids guild. She offers to send me a scroll and tells me that they are always looking for people to join and they are a progressing guild. We talk a little about their needs and she mentions I can play whatever I want, but they needed Healers. So I remember my fun dungeon days as a healer druid and decide to roll back to druid for this. So now I am 80 Worgen Resto Druid trying to gear up for end game raids. I know this can be done but how does one do it? Clearly everytime there is a new expansion the Epics are surpassed by rares and greens but how does one get epics again. Right now I am soloing in Hyjal and am near dinging to 81. I am also trying to farm gold as my Rogue was on a different server and 75g aint much to start with. I don't want to be the guy to burden a newly joined guild that is trying to setup Raids and I clearly am not ready to head into Raids. So how should I start to gear up for Raids? What is the best way to do it solo and when should I start using the LFD feature? Keep in mind I have no end game experience but I am trying to soak up as much info as possible. These questions are ones that I did not find answers in my search though. It seems they are all common knowledge that I am missing. Thanks in advance and I apologize for my rant.Peryn8 Oct 5, 2012
Oct 5, 2012 where is my class trainer? hi, I'm level 10 pandaren priest and i just chose to be a shadow priest when i wanted to be a holy priest. now it says that i can change it by going to my class trainer but i searched for hours and i just can't find him.. can someone please tell me where is my class trainer or how to switch to holy priest in other way?Eshea6 Oct 5, 2012
Oct 5, 2012 Death knigh help jus reached 55 I'm about to be 55 amd I wanna create a death knight I was wondering which alliance race would go best with the death knight class and imma be a blood death knight so which attributes should I look for in my gearColdblodded3 Oct 5, 2012
Oct 5, 2012 Where do you find.... Where do you find that old feature where you could look at any Race/Class/Sex combination with all the Tier/Arena gear?? Is it even still on the website? I've looked everywhere and cannot, for the life of me, find it.Enzee5 Oct 5, 2012
Oct 5, 2012 always go into a trade channel What should it do in order to make it always go into a trade channel, when a game is started?Masajapan3 Oct 5, 2012
Oct 5, 2012 Class Help •What have you played before? A mage •How far did you level it? 87 •Describe what you liked and disliked about those classes. Be detailed! I like the DPS I am usually 1 or 2 in dungeons •With a friend or alone? What's your friend going to be leveling? Alone •Are you leveling via PvE or PvP? Chain-running dungeons? Questing while waiting for dungeons •Will you be doing primarily raids/dungeons at level cap (PvE) or knocking the opposing faction in the balls over a flag (PvP)? Raids/Dungeons •Will you be multiboxing or just playing a single character? Single •Race preference? Either for looks or the actual racials (or lore!). Don't care •Heals/tank/DPS? What's your style for DPS - melee or ranged? DPS •Any favorite game mechanics? (DoTs, HoTs, stealth, mana, etc) Dealing mass amount of damage •Hybrid or pure? Does it matter? Don't care •Pet or temporary pet or none at all? Does it matter? Don't care •Throw in any extra details here: I would like a class that can take more damage then my mageSgtbubbles1 Oct 5, 2012
Oct 5, 2012 Trying to figure out the right class for me While I've enjoyed playing this mage I want to play a class that feels more mobile in combat, now if mage's become that in higher levels that's fine then but I feel so slow just standing there waiting for my spells to cast then hitting the next key. Any advice on a class that's not rooted to the spot while it fights would be appreciated!Sockdemon3 Oct 5, 2012
Oct 5, 2012 Expertise vs Mastery Don't really understand these and WoWwiki or WoWhead doesn't explain very well. As a Prot Warrior, which should I choose? I'm getting quest rewards which are virtually identical in primary stats, but have one or the other of these. and I'm not sure which to wear and which to vendor. TIAGeodir5 Oct 5, 2012
Oct 5, 2012 Free game time w/ea xpac? Do we get 30 days of game time for buying the Battle Chest, Cata, and Mop, respectively?Varyndi1 Oct 5, 2012
Oct 5, 2012 Please teach me how to enlarge a chat log Please teach me how to enlarge a chat log display screen. Part 3.0 has.Masajapan6 Oct 5, 2012
Oct 5, 2012 How to go about returning? Posting this from my trial account, so pleas no Rez scroll stalking ;) I am looking to come back to wow after a few months away (may was my last active month,) but with all the little reward programs, I don't want to cheat my friends out of possible bonus stuffs. It's my understanding that the SoR only works for accounts inactive before march of this year, but is there any other "reactivating" system that my friend and I could take advantage of in this situation? I've tried looking this up but my results are too bogged by scroll of resurrection articles, so I would appreciate any insights. Thanks, RheaRaechi2 Oct 5, 2012
Oct 5, 2012 Frost Question: 2H or DW? My primary spec on my Worgen DK is Unholy as i find it easier to use but recently thanks to the help of CLC DK I've found it a little easier for me to use Frost but i digress. My question is which of the two of these is better for frost spec? I like the dual wield aesthetically but ultimately i want whatever is better for DPS when I use my OS.Kinura1 Oct 5, 2012
Oct 4, 2012 Have older raids been added to Raid Finder? Has Raid Finder been updated to function for older Raids such as Illidan and the Lich King or are these essentially just extinct/obsolete raids that no one does any more? If so that is an absolute waste of epic content.Kulharin25 Oct 4, 2012
Oct 4, 2012 Race Change? Is it worth it for a race change to a belf? I got a little bit bored, and some forumites suggest that I maybe bored of the human warrior animation. I also personally felt bored about it, and thinking on a race change. The only race I think I'm liking now are belves, but is it worth it to change both the race and faction? I am quite attached to my guild, and I quite like the look of SW, with its beautiful nature and scenery. People also often like to tease about male belfs. Would all of them be worth it for the nice looking battle animation and look of belfs? And would I have to pay twice, changing the race and faction for my char.? And how would I know how I'll look like as a blood elf? (Like if I will prefer the appearance selection or not) Thx alot! :DGengkiskan7 Oct 4, 2012
Oct 4, 2012 How the heck do I use addons? With the new mists of pandaland expansion, I've noticed that on the character select screen I'm missing something. I'm missing my addons button, where the heck is it? I want to use my addons already D:Sïmba4 Oct 4, 2012
Oct 4, 2012 Not new, just need clarification Hello, I've been playing awhile, but there was something I was always fuzzy on when it came to boss encounters. It's in regards to boss abilities that share damage. If you hit a damage-reduction ability, does that mean that the other people "sharing" the damage get hit for more?Mirumahyr2 Oct 4, 2012
Oct 4, 2012 What are you guys doing to make gold? Mists of Pandaria is here, and many of the older forms of making a quick buck aren't as effective anymore. How are you making gold using your professions/general financial know-how?Neltharan13 Oct 4, 2012
Oct 4, 2012 talent point When the level 10 was exceeded, whenever it went up by level 1, he heard that a talent point can be got, but it was able to be given only at the time of the level 10. Then, is it usual?Masajapan3 Oct 4, 2012
Oct 4, 2012 What healer should I be? Hello, I used to play a druid healer, and I'm wanting to go back to healing, DPS isn't as much fun anymore... but I don't want to be any of the races that are required to be a druid (Troll, Tauren, Worgen or Night Elf). I want to be a Blood Elf, are Monks good healers?? ThanksSyreniti1 Oct 4, 2012
Oct 4, 2012 Noob unsure of what class to play :( Hello fellow citizens of Azeroth, Just as the title states, I am a noob, I only started playing WoW just before MoP, and I am loving it, aside from the fact that I can't actually pick a class, which has me thinking of quitting WoW (which I don't want to do), as I am unable to play if I can't pick a class. So, would it be possible if the experienced community of WoW help me? I am into spell-casting and ranged DPS, and also would want a lot of instant spells, burst damage and being able to move while casting (if that's even possible), and also, hopefully, as I progress and learn skills, I would love to really get into PvP. Miraculously, I was able to narrow down the choices of classes down to Mages, Shammies, and maybe Locks and Monks. So, to keep this brief, which one of these classes have the most ranged instant spells, can burst and are able to move while casting. I have heard that Shammies and Mages are pretty much the most powerful spell-caster atm (correct me if I am wrong), which might be the reason why I am leaning towards those two, but I just can't quite pick which one. So say the best Frost or Fire Mage went up against the best Ele or Enhancement Shammy, what are the odds that each class might win. I know it's another dumb question, but it is pretty much the only question I can come up with that would finally lead my to my soon-to-be main. Thanks for taking the time to read this, I hope you have/had a nice day :DHitoshimo8 Oct 4, 2012
Oct 4, 2012 Help me please Hi, Do you guys help me by telling how to absolutely hide that quest tracking objectives under map? You can hide it with the button but its not completely gone and i hate that small button. Anyway to completely hide it from screen? please tell me. i have tried unchecking the objectives option on interface. Not working. ThanksLégion6 Oct 4, 2012
Oct 4, 2012 delete please delete please - wrong sectionDkh0 Oct 4, 2012
Oct 4, 2012 Returning: What's new for me? (I'm posting this in this section because my license is up, and is my only option for communication.) After finding it near impossible as a casual player to find raids which cleared bosses past 2nd\3rd boss, I gave up wow in Cata. Despite my disappointment, I thoroughly enjoyed grinding rep kills, and farming massive amounts of herbs to flask up. In my wow playing, my favorite grind was the insane title. Getting something somewhat rare on the server for my hard work, I enjoyed thoroughly. I’m definitely interested in herbing and once again cornering the flask market from time to time, however, I need something else I can grind which will be relatively rare to make me happy. Being a long time (perhaps 2 years) away from wow, I’m out of the loop. If I come back what grind achievement do I look to complete? Is there something new like the insane that exists now that Pan is released? Thankyou in advance, this was always an excellent community.Proph3 Oct 4, 2012
Oct 4, 2012 Rerolling on a new server Has anyone else rerolled a new character on a new server with nothing? How was the experience? I just feel like the leveling 1-90 is going to be really tedious and take a long time.Lunarstarz1 Oct 4, 2012
Oct 4, 2012 XP and MoP Not really a new player by any means but ive been thinking about leveling my dk alittle. My question is , has it gotten easier to level as fare as xp received from questing or is it the same? This toon is 88 and my DK is 70. I know that from questing from 85-90 is allot easier as a dk so I thought maybe the lower questing would be the same..thxIshtrak5 Oct 4, 2012
Oct 4, 2012 Coming Back to WoW - No idea of what to do? Well, I have around 22 85's currently, and one level 90. (On a separate Battle.Net Account)... I'm just wondering what the best class to level would be, and what specialization. I have a rogue, love them, he's my 90, spent all of my time on him. He alone has around 11K Achievement points. But, I want to get the rest of my characters to 90 and have no clue where to start/what will be the easiest (as rogues were hard as hell). Any suggestions? :)Robinhòòd5 Oct 4, 2012
Oct 4, 2012 Mists upgrade bundle game ? I purchased the bundle few hours ago and found it is still restricted account my account. I cant use any functions like whisper etc. I tried to report the issues to the GM using a ticket but it tells me the average waiting time is 4 days and 32mins (WTF!!!?)Xwjnzdgz1 Oct 4, 2012
Oct 4, 2012 Is this a flying mount? I'm looking to get a flying mount that can hold at least 2 people (including myself) I found this one http://www.wowhead.com/item=44234/reins-of-the-travelers-tundra-mammoth#sold-by Not sure if it flys or not. If it doesn't can someone please tell me a cheap one that can (sorry if im not allowed to post external links)Creationmate2 Oct 4, 2012
Oct 4, 2012 semi new player. want lvling buddy. im returning to wow from a like 6 month break. never gonna any high level people when i DID play so i was gonna see if any veteran players or new players would want to level a char w/ me. to help me understand the game better. i started playing during WotLK and never got a high char so i feel kinda overwhelmed jumping back in.Pállydin1 Oct 4, 2012
Oct 4, 2012 Addon does anyone know where i can download the addon damage meter? and some info about how it looks would be awsome i havent donwloaded any addons coz i dont want to be hacked or download a virus i just did 43.3% damage in mana tombs :DAsadalthar3 Oct 4, 2012
Oct 4, 2012 Mount Where do I get a pandaren mount and how do I get there?Nuihc1 Oct 4, 2012
Oct 3, 2012 Achievement help I know with the new update all achievements carry over to all characters.I know this also should probably go withe the achievement section, but no one was replying. Plus this would be good for really new people to know if they want to go after achievements. What I would like to know is do achievements with titles, and achievements that require other achievements carry over. For example to get any lore master achievements you need to do quests in all areas of the continent. But once you get higher level it because a pain since the quests become slow. So would I be able to unlock lore master and the title for my main if I make a new character to do the low level quests/ area?Radrasberry5 Oct 3, 2012