New Player Help and Guides

May 29 Is there a way to create waypoints? I'm having trouble finding some locations because they do not show on the map and was wondering if i can set a waypoint on the map manually? it would certainly help me find things when i loose them. :oWhipp19 May 29
May 28 False advertising I'm in silithus and i accept some quests that say they give me 26,000 xp. I am really excited because thats kind of a lot for me at level 54. so i complete them and then when i turn them in i only get 8,750 xp. Why? my dream have been crushed. is there an explanation for this?Cornycash2 May 28
May 27 Armorcrafter's Commendation? Armorcrafter's Commendation. What do I do with it? I brought it to "elieser hammer" but nothing happened. Little help pleaseTrollstrollr2 May 27
May 27 How to find an items ID I want to hot link an item on these forums, how do I find a specific item's ID?Iggie10 May 27
May 26 Canceled Auction Item Missing I tried, for the first time, to create an auction for a glyph that I created. This was at an auction house. I dropped the item, set the price and created the auction. No problem. But then I realized that I had stacked 17 when I meant to sell them individually. So I immediately canceled the auction. It removed it from my active listings, but I can't find the item in my inventory. It's not in the bank either. Is this a glitch or will it appear in my inventory after a while? Thanks!Linasha8 May 26
May 26 Is there a physically simple class please. Hello thanks for reading. I just bought the game last night for 9.99 and I have been trying out classes. Most only have 2 things on the action bar but I looked at the spell books and can't figure out which classes have the fewest buttons. I have a condition where my nervous system acts slowly. I can move but it takes a little longer. I hope to play with others and be able to contribute which is important to me. Thanks again.Moofee4 May 26
May 26 Best Hunter Spec for PvE Dungeons and Raids? Just wondering what the best spec is to do dps in dungeons. I'm always hearing that hunters are terrible and I was thinking of just rolling a mage or something. Also, tanks keep getting mad at me because my pet keeps aggroing. Is there any way I can make my pet not do that? I put him as ferocity does that fix that?Kevenfu9 May 26
May 26 DK and Professions So I am pretty new to the game and people have been saying the real game only starts at level 100. Though there are a few questions I do have. 1. So does this mean I need to run all the low level areas to raise my profession skills for harvesting? Or are there high level zones that lets me mine low level goods also? If I have to do low level zones - how do you reccomend going about it in the least boring way possible? Or should I do 2 production professions and use normal characters to farm for it? 2. Is Jewel Crafting worth it anymore? Two jobs I never see anyone recommend anymore are Jewel Crafting and Inscription. Everyone seems to always recommend Blacksmithing and Skinning, Leather working and Engineering and Alchemy Herbalism. 3. The DK main base where you portal to doesn't seem to sell single handed rune swords. Only two handed ones. Are there single handed rune swords ( that style ) or am I out of luck? An just need to do dungeons to hope to get some fancy single handed swords for a Frost DK? Thanks in advance.Kavmorin5 May 26
May 25 New Player, LF friends/nice people Hi, I decided to come back and start playing wow. I last played in the pandarian expansion but didn't play that much, I only got to max level with my buddy, bought some heirlooms and quit. And now i decided to come back, but only this time I will try to make friends. I am playing as an human wizard this time, In Stormrage. If you too playing in stormrage as an alliance, doesn't matter what level hit me up. Or if you are just recruiting to a guild my BN account is - HappyFeetu#1798Puregains0 May 25
May 24 Un-Soulbounding items? I got this robe yesterday in a dungeon, and since I'm a hunter I was going to mail it to my mage, and I got it before I knew it would be soulbound. Is there a way to un-soulbound an item?Galarrus11 May 24
May 24 I own Cata but still can't fly I own Cataclysm, and bought the Flight Master's License in-game, but I still cannot fly in the "old world" (Kalimdor, Eastern Kingdoms, etc). I can fly in Outland, but not in the previously mentioned locations. All the forums I checked the problem was that the person did not have Cata, but I bought a Battle Chest that included it, and I even double checked to make sure I have it. What could be causing this and what are some potential solutions?Canthsong5 May 24
May 24 Most "in demand" class/spec at max level? Hi everyone, I'm returning to WoW after giving it a shot previously but never making it to end-game. I would always get buyer's remorse about classes I picked, and end up recreating after just a little while. I want to make a commitment to stick to and learn one class this time around. My question is just simple: are there any classes/specs that are often wanted/needed at max level, but aren't seen as much as they should be? I know tanks and healers are in demand while leveling, but given how few spots there are for them in raids, is this the case at max level? I've heard ranged DPS is preferred over melee DPS as well. I'm willing to put time into learning anything. I'm just looking for some feedback on a spec that I could focus on and feel rewarded later on for playing it. Thanks!Caeloh2 May 24
May 23 Why is wow gametime token so expensive ?? I don't play a lot as I use too. A few months ago I purchased a wow game time token for 20,000 g for a month of game time which I thought was fair. So today I decided I would purchase another to get back into the game, and I was shocked to see its now 40,000!! WTF! Shame on you Blizz.Jenzun33 May 23
May 23 New Player... Confused I guess. Hey guys so im newer to wow. I guess my question is... what do you do in wow? I guess ill level with questing and dungeons. Do i do raids along the way? What do I do at max level? Is the goal to just max character gear level? If so how does that work. I guess im just confused on the overall goal as a player in wow. ps. if the answers vary, I prefer pve not pvp. Current server is acually rp moonguardCodith8 May 23
May 23 Discord download on my Mac I have tried multiple times to download Discord on my Mac and it does not work. All it does is spin endlessly. Anyone know what to do ?Ellindell5 May 23
May 23 How does Mob Tagging work? I don't really understand how this works. Logging in one of the tips says something like "don't be afraid to help another player out, you will both get loot and credit for the kill". Yet, even though I'm the first person to get a hit on a mob, others, usually with a much higher ilevel, come along and hit the mob, it grays out and I don't get credit or loot. Is it more about how much damage you do or ? Forgive me if this is a dumb question, I haven't played for 6 years and don't remember how this workedJayaji6 May 23
May 23 How do you show numbers on action bars ? Hello. How do you show numbers on action bars. Please help.Ellindell3 May 23
May 22 Please Help just returning. Need help on what to play for long term. I really like my fury warrior dual wield 2h is amazing and fun but I feel like it could get stale. Thought about rolling a protection pally. Any suggestions or opinions?Nahok4 May 22
May 21 Any reason to level cooking? I've just reached Northrend. I'm at the point where every recipe I find I cannot use because my cooking level is not high enough. Yet all of my existing available recipes are green or grey so I get no additional points from cooking them. I could probably do the cooking dailies to to level up a bit more, but now I'm starting to wonder... as a dwarf priest is there any good reason to level cooking at all? I don't really enjoy it, while on the other hand, I really enjoy fishing and whenever I fly over a school, I stop to fish it a bit.Reverendalex7 May 21
May 21 Questing confusion So I was doing all my quests in this area right and all of a sudden they all lead me to a dungeon called dire maul. Is this supposed to happen? there is no way I am expected to solo a dungeon like that. I am just confused because before I was on a chain of quests leading me to other areas with more quests and so on. but now I have done every quest in this area I'm at and now left with nothing but these dire maul quests. The quests didnt lead me to a new questing area.Cornycash6 May 21
May 21 Game Rewards Low? Edit: Removed the information of my post because its irrelevant to this forum.Alunasari4 May 21
May 20 Where do I get a flying mount on Horde? I have looked around many places and cant seem to find any mount vendors. If anyone could tell me where I can get a flying mount that would be great!Vaulterion1 May 20
May 20 Forsaken Mistweaver: pros and cons? I have one Alliance (Night Elf Priest) and one Horde (Forsaken Monk) character to get a fuller view of the game. Both let me heal or dps, and monk also lets me try tanking if I ever feel like giving that a go. So I did some searches. I wondered what people thought of (Forsaken) Mistweavers as I am used to healing classes, but as the game has changed so have views and playstyles: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/9423803092 (Jul 7, 2013) https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/3erjlo/how_hard_is_later_game_mistweaver/ (Jul 27, 2015) https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/19964703 (Nov 11, 2015) I guess the fistweaving/mistweaving toggle for DPS vs. HPS that the class once apparently had is gone and punching people isn't as much of a thing now for healer specs. But, what do experienced players think of MWs as healers? Easier or harder to play than other classes? Better for PvP or PvE? Do Forsaken racials make a difference (saw something that said it works well but that might be outdated)? I will play the character until it stops being fun or I find something more fun, but where would you say a Forsaken Mistweaver is right now in the current patch in terms of playability, power, and cool-move/animation/theme factor? Thanks for sharing your thoughts!Qoath5 May 20
May 20 Onyx Eggs I've been working on the Cloud Serpent Reputation lately. Mostly this involves going to the Isle of Winds and fighting Sauroks, although there have been some other types of Quests mixed in. Anyway, in a previous thread, someone told me to be sure to collect any black eggs I find there. And one of the Quest-Givers has on a couple of occasions told me to bring back any onyx eggs, which I assume are the same thing. (This is not part of any Quest she has given me. It's just something she mentions after I turn a Quest in.) I've been doing these Dailies for more than a week now, and I still haven't come across a single onyx egg. There are plenty of dark blue or purplish ones, but they can't be picked up, so I know they're not the ones. I first assumed that the eggs were just really rare. But now I'm wondering if maybe I haven't been looking in the right places. There is another part of the island that I've been ignoring. It seems to be populated with tigers and non-hostile Sprites. I went there once, but since it didn't seem to have any Sauroks to kill or anything Cloud Serpent-related that I could see, I've just ignored it since. I didn't see any eggs there, either, but as I said, I only went there once. It also occurred to me that maybe the onyx eggs all spawn at a specific time, and that other players find them all long before I go to the island each day. I'm already halfway through Revered. It just seems weird that something designed to speed up the Reputation would be so rare that you could get most of the way through the Reputation without ever finding it.Kyniska25 May 20
May 20 10 years off - Need a change IF YOU'RE A VETERAN AND HAVE PLAYED EXTENSIVELY: ---> OR HAVE LEVELED PAST 60 What have you played before? My most committed toon was a human rogue. I've delved in others, mage, warlock, hunter, etc. How far did you level it? Rogue was 60. Others were no higher than 40s Describe what you liked and disliked about those classes. Be detailed! I guess what I liked about the rogue was the swiftness, if that makes sense? I liked killing mobs quick. Fairly easy to use, at least at the time I thought so lol. I liked being able to avoid mobs by stealthing. I felt a little vulnerable only being able to wear leather. With a friend or alone? What's your friend going to be leveling? Ridin' solo Are you leveling via PvE or PvP? Chain-running dungeons? Strictly PvE Will you be doing primarily raids/dungeons at level cap (PvE) or knocking the opposing faction in the balls over a flag (PvP)? Questing primarily then raids/dungeons Will you be multiboxing or just playing a single character? Since I'm just getting back into it I just want to focus on one toon for now. Race preference? Either for looks or the actual racials (or lore!). I don't really have a race preference though I tend to lean more towards alliance. Though I'd be open to rolling a horde. Heals/tank/DPS? What's your style for DPS - melee or ranged? I guess I'd say I was more of a melee dps person since I'm coming from a rogue. I'm currently leveling this druid and I'm still on the fence with it. Not sure if I can get into the whole casting thing yet. Any favorite game mechanics? (DoTs, HoTs, stealth, mana, etc) Probably stealth, DoT, Hybrid or pure? Does it matter? Doesn't matter Pet or temporary pet or none at all? Does it matter? Doesn't matter Throw in any extra details here: Sorry if my responses were vague. Tried to give it my best from what I can remember about the "old days". I haven't played since TBC, so this is a whole new game for me. I don't have the time to dedicate to the game as I used to so I'm looking for something that's quick to pick up.Bastorn1 May 20
May 20 Artifact gear and locking experience Hi, so I've been questing and doing battlegrounds on the side. I've found battlegrounds to be really fun, but I've heard that once I need to get my artifacts, etc. I'll be at a HUGE disadvantage in pvp(Including pvp talents, artifact levels, etc.) I was wondering at what level do the artifacts come into play? I'd like to lock my experience on this character, so I can enjoy battlegrounds without being at a huge disadvantage for a long time. I'll get 110 on my alt instead where I just do quests.Furrlex4 May 20
May 20 How Do I Kill Adarogg? I have been struggling to kill Adarogg for a while now and I just cant kill him! I am a level 22 frost mage blood elf. If anyone can help me that would be great! (He is in Ragefire Chasm)Vaulterion3 May 20
May 19 Level 100 boost with Legion I'm a returning player after like 6 years. I was wondering what kinda gear you get with it?Bradgan1 May 19
May 19 Motorcycle mounted characters under level 20? I've just returned to WoW from a long hiatus. I'm giving a Starter Edition a whirl before I resub my main account. I've seen many players on motorcycle mounts with sidecars. They're under the usual first mount level of 20. What is this new-fangled machine?Dregga12 May 19
May 19 soloing a dungeon I took a quest from my inn in my garrison to go in to a heroic duheon to get on item and kill someone, but I'm not sure how to enter as a solo player. the dungeon is in shadowmoon valley. Plz Help ThanksKurohime4 May 19
May 18 Level 13 and still have no clue While I have the basic idea of gameplay, I'm referring more to the actual point of playing. There's been no storyline progression, and all I've been doing is one fetch quest after another for hours on end. I'm really hoping this doesn't turn into a Final Fantasy type of thing where you have to play for over 100 hours and then it starts getting to be fun to play. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated as I feel a game should be fun from the first hour of gameplay not at the 101 hour mark.Greenirabbit11 May 18
May 18 Need a helping hand Hi guys so I am technically a returning player but when I played I was like 12-17 so I wasn't very good. Now that I'm back so much has changed! So I need a teacher of sorts, someone who knows what they're doing but won't get condescending when I ask a stupid question. I really want to improve and understand what I'm actually doing! Help?Mahimaaga4 May 18
May 18 Underlight Angler I'm working on trying to get the Underlight Angler for my hunter, but I was wondering if I complete the bigger fish to fry achievement, with this character will that carry over to all my alts and then all I have to do is fish up the Luminous Pearl and then do the Luminous Pearl quest to get the artifact fishing rod? Plz Help ThanksKurohime1 May 18
May 18 No Owl Form for Females As a druid, I've noticed that you can't have Glyph of the Doe and Glyph of the Sentinel. Seems a bit skewed to force female players/characters to choose between not having antlers or being able to use Glyph of the Sentinel. Meanwhile, guys get to have their antlers and they can still turn into a really nice owl. Seems like this is something that should be sorted out...because of equality...and stuff.Alunasari1 May 18
May 18 good suramaritan I just need to get a change of seasons and a growing crisis. I'm not sure what quest will get me those parts. I have revered rep with nightfallen. If that helps. do I need to get exalted to get the next part or what? Plz Help ThanksKurohime2 May 18
May 18 Question running an old raid So I'm trying to get the paladin tier 2 judgement gear from the raid however when I go into the lair all the enemy's are at my current level (104) but this raid is an older one shouldn't the enemy's be way lower then 100?Nickamartin5 May 18
May 17 How to unlock Treasure Hunter Missions? Alright so I did some research and I couldn't find any clear explanation anywhere on why I can't see any Treasure hunter missions in my Garrison? I recently just unlocked lvl 3 inn and its been upgraded as of yesterday. I waited till today to see if any mission with gold where available but I see none. I know that you can get characters with the trait Treasure hunter from lvl 3 inn. However I still don't see any trait that says treasure hunter. I'm am very confused as to how to unlock this. Also I only used the headhunter person in my inn once at lvl 2 not at lvl 3 so maybe that is the reason? idk if I'm suppose to use the headhunter a certain amount of time in order to gain access to the treasure hunter trait? -thanks for your time BrendanusBrendanus7 May 17
May 17 Please help an altoholic decide a main! So I'm an altaholic that wants to just play on one class. I'm mostly stuck on the RP side of things I think. I'm pretty sure I should switch from my current DK main to one that can do all roles because I fell like I would like to heal sometime. So that leaves me with either a Druid, Monk or a Pally. Death Knight My current main at lvl 100. Blood tanking is fun. I like being able to solo previous expansion content, but I'm sure other classes do that fine. I also like being able to pull the entire burning isles and laughing as my enemies do literally nothing. That parts great. I like the lore, but I don't think it would be fun to roleplay much. I wrote a detailed backstory for this guy too, but really can't decide if being evil and undead would even be fun, and a nice guy dk seems like it goes against the lore. Druid My Druid is a LvL 78 I think. I know this is probably what I should be playing, but for some reason I just can't bring myself to do it. I like the form switching, but I dislike the fact that I can't change my appearance. Also boomkins are kinda weird to me. I think the thing holding me back the most is the rp. RP wise I think I would go for a Nelf since the worgen casting animations are awful imo. I don't want to be super cliche though. "I'm a nelf druid healer that lieks animals" just seems awful to do. I guess I just feel like Night Elf druids are overdone. Monk I like the idea of monks, but they just seem super cheesy in wow, like they're taken straight from that jack black movie. All they do is drink and mess around. Doing that some of the time is alright, but its WAY too overdone for me. And that's just the impression I get from the class before even playing it. I don't think I could ever really play a monk as they're done in wow. If they were more like the guy from Iron Fist I wouldn't mind, but that's not how they are in wow. Paladin I've played a little bit of a paladin (boosted one to 100) and I just didn't really "get" the class. Tanking on one seems like it would take a while to learn compared to my Blood DK, which I picked up pretty easily. I haven't healed on one, but from what I hear it sounds like it'll be to much single target and not enough blanket heals for my taste. I'm also worried about rping a marry sue or just another "hur dur the light watches over you" paladin. Thanks for reading and I look forward to what you have to say!Vanalore3 May 17
May 17 Tank/dps Hey im new to wow and was wondering if i should start playing a warrior to tank/dps but i heard that they are not that good and should go with dk, dh or druid is that true?Zebbington8 May 17
May 17 How to fly mounts? Hello there i just bought a wow and i do not know how to fly on mounts i have mount that can fly please if it's not hard help me ,thanks.Vannoo2 May 17
May 17 Can't begin "The Emerald Dream" Quest Hey, new kid on the block. I'm questing and have leveled my Worgen up to 20, and just completed "Sworn to Protect" in Darkshore. Thing is, after talking to Malfurion, he never gave me the next quest, which I think is "The Emerald Dream?". So now I'm just a questless entity with nothing to do but roam Darkshore :S. Any help?Isuriah1 May 17
May 17 beast master calls order quest chain Does anyone know exactly what I need to do to get the tome of hybrid beast. I read that you need all traits in the BM artifact done and something like including at least 1 trait in Concordance of the Legionfall. but I'm not sure what it means. Sarakatawen <The Ettamogah Mob> 110 Human Paladin 21770 2974 posts 11 hours ago See the comments on this wowhead article for more information http://www.wowhead.com/item=147580/tome-of-the-hybrid-beast#comments It seem to require you to finish the 7.2 class hall quest line which only releases 1 step per week so that won't be completed until June does that quest line inclued the Feltotem's Fall quest? if it isn't want quest and who gives it do I have to see to start the quest chain and where do I find them? if I need Champion: Nighthuntress Syrenne I have herKurohime2 May 17
May 16 List of abilities OFF the GCD? Does anyone know where I can find a list of all WoW abilities not on the Global Cooldown? I found an outdated and incomplete list on http://macro-wow.com/guide/all-spells-and-abilities-that-are-off-the-global-cooldown-gcd/ but was wondering if anyone knows of a more current and complete list. Thanks.Strength5 May 16
May 16 Bought the chest need help So I'm new and have things to ask from buying the game to end contentMiniterps2 May 16
May 16 How do I level up very quickly? I'm new and i'm lucky to make one silver if i kill something. My leveling up is always really slow.Minckies6 May 16
May 16 Who wants to be friends? Greetings all! I am fairly new to WoW and would like to make some new friends. Feel free to send me an add if you'd like! :) Battletag: LonLonLady#1687 Server: Bleeding HollowLanayru2 May 16
May 16 Scepter of Sargeras I admit, I am a noob, and I am at a loss here. My SoS is stuck at level 878 - I have artifacts up to the Flame Rift, which is on the smaller 2nd tier. Yet for the past while now the weapon level just won't budge. I know I am missing something that is probably right in front of my face, unless it's a donut :P Any help would be greatly appreciated, and thanks.Shybriwarloc9 May 16
May 15 Why do I have to pay monthly for WoW? I don't get it? Why do I have to pay monthly. I just got an account /w the lvl 100 boost and now I saw I have to pay a subscription? Overwatch is free online why not WoW? Now I don't have any money to play WoW anymore because I spent all my money on the legion bundle.Cykabork7 May 15
May 15 paladan order hall I just got my artifact and order hall, but I'm wondering how do I get back there for dalaran, Or do I have to keep flighting to eastern plaugelands?Roseh1 May 15
May 14 Extra Darkmoon Faire Tickets? I'm excited that DMF is here now it's my first time ever doing it. I have three characters I'm currently actually playing so of course I'm going to do all of it on them during the week. I was wondering how many people either do it on a ton of alts (IE like 11) or make new characters such as humans to do it for the week then mail the ticket containers to the main characters you play to obtain a lot more than normal and let you get heirlooms faster? There are quite a few things I can get that would help me out two armor pieces a weapon and two trinkets mostly so regardless it's going to take me a more than one faire to get it all. I'm a bit confused about how you get the Grisly Trophies. Do you get them for getting the first hit on something and it dying? The last hit? Doing the most damage? I obtained some when healing but it was quite annoying to try to attack stuff while healing.Pharaohatem13 May 14