New Player Help and Guides

Nov 11 Legion showing in old game expansions? I jsut came back to WOW and saw the Legion release showing how the legion planet was visible in the sky on the main planet in the game. I watched this happen in one of the cinematic for the game, and well... While running around in my game, I noticed the planet in the sky, which I don't think was there before. Is it possible that Legion patches have been implemented in the entire game, regardless of what expansion of a user is playing on?Lunahasawa3 Nov 11
Nov 11 choices/decisions that are irreversible is choosing your talent, professions etc. are anything of these set in stone and can't be adjusted? is there anything in the future i need to be aware off before making a decision?! Thank you!Certyy3 Nov 11
Nov 11 Is it alright to change the rampage icon just started playing fury warrior and i would like to have the rampage icon picture changed, it doesnt look good at allTavernheart3 Nov 11
Nov 11 Is Zygor Guides a Reliable Investment? As a new Orc on the block, I have trouble leveling efficiently. Recently, I read a review about Zygor Automated Leveling Guides. The add said these guides were useful to new players who frequently lose themselves in the questing game and fail to level effectively. The problem is the price. As a graduate student, my time and money come at a premium, and I really don't want to sink $60.00 into a leveling helper if it not all its cracked up to be. Has anyone used such a method successfully? I don't want to waste my time or that of others, but I figured posting this question was worth a shot and it would certainly be much easier on my bank account, especially if Zygor Guides is just trying to pull the proverbial wool over the eyes of new WoW gamers. Thanks for your comments in advance and Happy Holidays. UzUzgurg45 Nov 11
Nov 11 My New Show WoW Time! I've recorded the first episode of my new show called WoW Time! It's focused on explaining classes to new players! My first episode focuses on basic Affliction Warlock PvP, please let me know what you think! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47pUkg5z-C8 Thanks!Taurenret0 Nov 11
Nov 10 Legion So today after I get off work I'm going to buy and download legion.my questions is do I need to worry about the pve and PvP armor .or does that matter I'm a causal player. I like to do raids and PvPTylocks5 Nov 10
Nov 10 Heirlooms for a protection paladin Hi guys i'm about to start out with my friend and hopefully get a level 100 account by the time legion comes out. wondering if you had any advice on what heirloom gear to get: I'm going prot pally and he is going a dps cloth (mage or lock, not sure yet) any advice you could give would be so awesome thank you!Yagé7 Nov 10
Nov 10 Playing Druid for 1st time. I have questions. Hi plz don't bash me for my questions. This is the 1st druid I've ever played. I've been leveling through dungeons, playing balance, and I try to ramp up enough astral power to be able to do aoe damage. Like Starfall for example. It requires 60 Astral power. Really? Stuff falls over so quick, it seems all I can do is moonfire, and sunfire. I really can't get anything else in. And anything with a cast time like solar wrath, and lunar strike, fails cause the target is dead. What am I doing wrong? Does balance play better at 110? Cause I have a hard time ramping up. For some other classes they can instant AOE.Catloaf4 Nov 10
Nov 9 Returning player back after 5+ years SO yay me! After 5 some years I'm back. I liked what I saw for Battle of Azeroth, and decided to get back into WoW. Unfortunately I know longer know what I'm doing. So, could use some advice as to what I should do. Given that right now I dont' have access to Legion and it might be awhile before I'm able to get it, I want to experience the rest of Mist of Pandera (pandaria? I forget the name of that expansion >_<), and then of course Draenor. Seeing as I don't have anyone I know anymore would love to get in contact with some people to maybe help me re-orient myself? PS, I have no idea what class I want to play which I'm going to go through and try to play my old chars to see which one I like best >.>.Solta15 Nov 9
Nov 9 where to go need help im level 30 undead rogue. I finished all main hillsrad foothill quests. should i continue to do the minor quests or move on. if so where should i move on to. I have completed most minor quests btw.Eatmyfrags1 Nov 9
Nov 9 How does armor work when swapping roles? Barring Legendaries and Trinkets, which have specific procs/effects that are better for Tanking/Healing/DPS. What I'm asking is if I decide I want to tank (specifically I want to do the mage tower tank challenge before the expansion ends) do I need to set my loot preference to my Tank spec and then get all new gear or do I just need new Trinkets and Legendaries?Thent2 Nov 9
Nov 9 Returning player LF realm I have not played since mop and my horde server is dead, I'm looking to possibly go alliance for the up coming expansion. lf some suggestions for decent alliance pvp realmsFurîon3 Nov 9
Nov 8 New player looking for some pvp So i just made a account and bought the 100 lvl pack and do some pvping with my Windwalker monk. And now I'm starting over from scratch so i can get a better understanding of wow. I would like to know if anyone know any good World pvp severs? Also Hello everyone~Joshdiesalot2 Nov 8
Nov 8 Finding my way Ok so I started where the blood elves do and I have done pretty much all of the quests so I figured I would venture south and find more, only to realize everything was way higher level than me. Where am I supposed to go?Vaylonn2 Nov 8
Nov 8 deepholm port at 110 alright I've been looking around for info about this but i haven't been able to get anywhere with it. In stormwind the portals for deepholm are missing on my 110 char but on my 86 char they are still there. just wondering if anyone has a fix or knows anything about this?Vanitas3 Nov 8
Nov 7 account character limit increase? been playin for a very long time, and wile over the last few years there's been increases to the server limit, with the introduction of 6 more race options, will blizzard be expanding the account character limit to allow players the freedom to make the many new characters that are now an option? anyone know? better yet, would a dev know if this will finally happen? the 50 limit cap needs to be increased to at least double for all these new races to even work, at least, that's my opinion.Deathsumoner3 Nov 7
Nov 7 Question on purchasing class armor sets Don't let the DH character fool you, I'm still fairly new. When I bought WoW, I bought the WoW+Legion bundle that came with a free 100 boost so I was able to get a DH by using the lvl 100 boost on another character. Anyways, wanted to explain that real quick to avoid confusion. I am attempting to purchase the Relentless Gladiator's Felweave Armor to get the tmog set for my new Warlock from the vendors in Dalaran and the one in Icecrown Citadel, but none of the pieces are appearing from them. I click on the display tab and set it to all items listed, but they still don't appear. Why is this? Do I need to be on my Warlock to purchase the set and see it from vendors? Also the one vendor Arcanist Uovril isn't even there (Yes, I'm in Northrend Dalaran), and I can't access Arlan because he is within Horde safety, but the vendor in Icecrown Citadel doesn't have the pieces. I don't have the currency to buy from the goblin in the Underbelly, but he only has weapons and cloaks, no pieces to the set itself.Borimrath12 Nov 7
Nov 7 Legendary Token Question To acquire the legendary token do you need to have acquired the boe legendary for that classs too?Sketrio1 Nov 7
Nov 7 Refer a Friend question Hi, if my son plays on a free account until he gets a character to level 20, then I buy a copy of the game and start paying his subscription, does the time to initiate the refer a friend begin at the point where we bought his copy of the game? Just want to be sure we don't lose the RAF mount and other random goodies if he spends six months playing off and on taking his good time getting something to level 20, and don't want to start a subscription until he's outgrown the free part. :) Thanks!Hartdegen1 Nov 7
Nov 6 Death Knight - Only See Low-Level Quests Hello, I am not a new WoW player, but started a Death Knight for the very first time. I'm now at DK level 58. I finished the quests in the Death Knight starting area (to the best of my knowledge). The last quest took me to Stormwind, which I finished. But now, all I see are low-level quests. Could I have missed something in the Death Knight starter area? And if so, how do I return there? Or is there something I need to do in Stormwind/Eastern Kingdoms that would get me back on track? Thanks! BonderaBondera10 Nov 6
Nov 6 When to join a guild? No doubt a friendly, knowledgeable, active guild is an asset to new players of any level in any MMORPG. But is there a particular level/unlocked content type in WoW where playing solo, making good development choices, and always completing content with pugs becomes significantly challenging? Or do some people just go it alone the whole way?Qoath6 Nov 6
Nov 5 Easiest class/spec? Not for myself, my partner wants the get into playing wow but doesn’t have much experience playing any video games, don’t want her to get overwhelmed! So, in your opinion what’s an easy class to pick up? Possibly with the least amount of buttons or maybe a simple rotation to learn? Thanks in advance for any help!Strikenine3 Nov 5
Nov 5 legendary item and mystic keys I have sephuz's secret and Kil'jaeden's burning wish and I'm wearing them, and I'd like to add them to my collection, but every time I unequip and reequip them they are never added to my collection. What do I need to do to get them added to my collection. How do I get mystic keys, and how do you use them? Plz Help ThanksKurohime4 Nov 5
Nov 5 How the hell do I get Marks of the Sentinax? No sentinax active in my realm, no groups in lfg, cant start a group because people would be put into my realm with no sentinax. ????Grimidoran3 Nov 5
Nov 4 Question on solo raiding I want to get into raiding and do some of the original raids as well as the raids from BC, WOTLK, etc when I can. Is it true that I can walk into these raids by myself and solo them on my own? Because I thought I needed to be in a group in order to enter a raid, but I saw someone on another post from a couple years back who said Blizzard changed older raids to where you can just walk into them by yourself. Also if I'm doing them solo, what level should I be for them? Can I do different leveled raids like heroic and mythic in a solo queue, or do I also need to be queued with someone?Tanathadros5 Nov 4
Nov 3 New player here, not sure what to do next Somewhat new player , unsure of what to prioritize. I played back in 2006, and quit right before Burning Crusade came. I did my fair share amount of research here and there and have been playing with my wife, at first we just stick to questing , but when Dungeon finder pops, we just keep dungeons as we explore new cities (horde) , now we're both level 65 ish, but are there anything for me to prioritize besides leveling ? We started from silvermoon, went to undercity, even tried to go to ironforge because my memory was wrong (i thought ironforge was a United city where horde and alliance can go in) , then discovered Oggrimar. I have checked about Garrison, but unsure how to start one ? Is there any important quests to do ? Is it just leveling for us until 90+ ? I know garrison can be started in Dranei (sorry if mis spell) Much appreciated for answers.Ginmin7 Nov 3
Nov 3 Dropped off I believe there is a way to be dropped off at the next FP if you've made a mistake in where you want to go? I thought it was just logging off the game and back in, but that isn't it.Visandra5 Nov 3
Dec 6 Shyness, anxiety, depression, toxic community Empty friend list, empty btag list, empty guild or no one ever online, uneasy starting conversation. There are way too many to list all the reasons why most of us play alone. Unfortunately, as most of us know, finding nice people has become a bit of an issue due to the toxic behaviour of a very small portion of the player base. Most of us just stay quiet for fear of getting kicked out by those disruptive kids, or insulted, and so on. I've started a community on Discord and hoping to find more like-minded people interested in joining us. You know, people who can speak in full sentences, people who don't need to swear every 2nd word, people who can go for hours without insulting others, people who actually like to help out, etc... In short, a nice community. No need to transfer toons, to reroll, or change anything you do. We get together on Discord to chit-chat (mostly text), or to form groups, to get help or to help out. If you are as bored of playing alone as some of us are, feel free to join us. Everyone is welcomed, regardless of faction, level, ilvl, experience, etc. Please post your btag in here and I will check the thread regularly to add you. By posting in here, others may also friend you or you can friend some and you'll gather your own list of friends. If you prefer not putting your info in here, you can contact me directly on btag or in Discord. Looking forward to meeting some of you soon. Cheers, Worgbane btag: Worgbane#1877 Discord: Worgbane#9655Worgbane19 Dec 6
Oct 30 Where do I go after the Worgen starting zone? I just beat the Worgen starting area, and then got on the boat. The boat took me to Azuremyst Isle? I didn't think that was right, so I used my Hearthstone. My hearth stone got automatically set to The Howling Oak in Darnassus! I have no idea where i'm supposed to go now. Can anyone help?Jebmoonfury5 Oct 30
Oct 30 About Veiled Argunite So I was attempting to buy some ilvl 910 relics for my Artifact Weapon, and bought 3 of them and none of them had anything related to dps purposes. However, all 3 were different from one another. My question is, does having these 3 separate items in my inventory therefore increase the chance of getting 1 that is not like 1 that I already have? I just don't know if its possible to get duplicates or something, trying to minimize my chance of getting another non dps relic. And a bonus question, if the current holy artifacts I have in my Artifact weapon are ilvls 860 and 870, would it still be better to switch them out for a non dps ilvl 910 one? Thanks for your timeScottxx4 Oct 30
Oct 30 Changing specs, how does it work? So if i change specs (prot pal to ret pal) and join a pvp q, will my item lvl for my tank spec work for my DPS spec. Also second question so how do you gear up for a second spec, do you just change loot pref and start doing content or is there something else I should do?Mequilos3 Oct 30
Oct 30 Armor and Class Stats Just wanted to get this cleared up, as a teen who isn't working i can't afford Legion. So my question is should i follow the stat changes that go on with the class i play on the current Legion patch? or follow the latest Warlords patch since i don't have Legion? Any helpful answers are greatly appreciated.Shaynek2 Oct 30
Oct 29 Do Unholy vs Frost DK affect weapons/armor What I mean is does an Unholy DK have a variety of different armor and weapons compared to a Frost DK, or do both have the same? This pretty much goes for all other classes.Tanathadros5 Oct 29
Oct 29 Please help me choose a good USA realm. Please say, which servers are good and what's good about them. I think a alliance/horde balance is important to me. And not according to realmpop, but actual experience. Appreciated.Miifi2 Oct 29
Oct 29 Warlock Minion Voice Hi. I just hit 90 with destru warlock, and so, was planning to use doomguard as my minion but there was a problem.................... The guy wont shut up! :x Was wondering if I can silence him somehow. Can't take him telling the same 2 or 3 phrases each time I dismount. Thank you.Zaleos3 Oct 29
Oct 28 Is wow Still fun? Towards the end of Cataclysm I cancelled my WoW subscription because I felt that everything in the game pre-max level raiding had been trivialized to the point of pointlessness. I.E. that if you weren't max level and raiding, then there was no point. Veterans will notice that this was not the case in WoW history. It didn't matter, back in the day, if you were level 15, 60 or 70, you could still feel as though you were making an impact, having fun and that your character mattered. However, since late Cataclysm, the game has shed it's enjoyable factors for those under max level. Everything in WoW is focused entirely around reaching max level and joining raid content, even though (opinion) raiding is one of the lease enjoyable portions of the game. I admit, freely, that having a dynamic 25 or 40 man raid, which functions properly, can be fun. However, it is, by far, not the most enjoyable portion of the potential content offered in WoW. There is no longer a learning curve for tanking, DPS'ing or healing between levels 1-99, it has all become variations of DPS'ing. Simply stand nearby and wait for cooldowns, nothing more, nothing less. Tanks no longer have to concern themselves with Aggro management, only with % damage reduction cooldowns. DPS no longer have to pay attention to what is happening on the field. Healers only have to watch health bars and play "whack-a-mole". I understand that Blizz worries predominantly about subscriber retention "if people are subbing, then all is well". However, I would argue that the main reason I became "hooked" on WoW was the early-mid game content in BC and WotLK. End game has never Truly excited me, due to the fact that it is nothing more than a gear grind. Now, in MoP and WoD, there is nothing offered other than the gear grind at maximum level. Which, as far as I can tell, is the least interesting portion of the game, the journey rather than the destination sort of thing. I haven't must else to say, coherently at any rate. I wish WoW could still be fun, however it's nothing more than a max level gear grind. There's no social aspect, no leveling aspect, no character focus. You're a tank/dps/healer, an interchangeable cog for end game raiding and nothing more. If you're not maxed and at the correct ilevel, then you don't matter. (also this isn't an ilevel gripe, i'm fine with that mechanic, however it shouldn't be the only focus in an mmo to stimulate players)Biospark15 Oct 28
Oct 28 Looking for high detail Gryphon mount Recently I saw someone with a Gryphon mount that had a LOT more detail than the usual Alliance basic flying mount. I didn't think to figure out what mount it was at the time and I haven't seen one since. What is the highest detail/resolution/polycount Gryphon that a casual player can obtain? I came across mention of a Grand Gryphon (req 80), is that possibly it or is there something else?Pwnytails2 Oct 28
Oct 28 Can't fly in eversong woods? so a few nights ago i got my flying mount and the flight license and for some odd reason I can't fly in eversong wood or ghostlands, do I need the artisan flying or something?Cynitha19 Oct 28
Oct 28 Lost I've recently rejoined after not playing since WoD, and I'm a bit lost at the moment. I'm trying to get to the Broken Shore, and eventually Argus but I have no idea how to get to either of those, I've looked up guides but they're from when the patch came out (when you logged in and auto got the quest). I'm assuming to get to the Broken Shore, I have to finish every questing zone, which I have except Suramar, I'm not sure if that's correct or if I'm wasting my time.Scifistun2 Oct 28
Oct 28 Warlock help? Staff vs Wand Should I be using a staff or wand? Is it better to hand my offhand free for a shield or something?Treth1 Oct 28
Oct 27 Over leveled maybe? I haven't been playing for too long but I finally finished up the missions in the starting area for my race (azuremyst isle) and then moved into the bloodmyst isle which seemed like the obvious progression since I was lvl 12. I was bombarded with missions (I had 14 active missions and everytime I completed one 2 more would become available). Through just questing and 3 dungeons (no extra grinding) I've managed to get to level 23. I still have more missions to complete in that area but now I'm such a high level that most of the mobs don't drop any exp. By the time I finish up with this area I feel I will be over leveled for where I go to next. Plus there are still plenty of areas that are the same level or less then my current level. Is this normal? Am I intended to make other characters to explore the other low level areas?Xaandirixa9 Oct 27
Oct 27 Macro help please Hi, I'm a new player, so please excuse my ignorance lol. Anyway, I'm a warlock and I'm trying to create a macro to simultaneously cast Shalowflame and Shadow bolt, but it won't work. I can press them both at the same time and manually cast them together, but when I put "/cast shadowflame /cast shadow bolt" It just refuses to cast both. Anyone help?Treth2 Oct 27
Oct 27 Horde reputation Which zone in general while doing quests increases your rep with the Horde?Sedenas2 Oct 27
Oct 27 Help me ! I don’t know how to use Obliterum Forging for craft item to get Obliterum Ash. Anyone please guide me how to use? ThanksDruzdornkal2 Oct 27
Oct 27 Where is the Netherlight portal ? I have bad memory. Been to the Netherlight temple once. But I have slept twice since then and had a lot going on. I DONT remember how to get back to the portal to take me there. ( I get lost easyly even in my home town.) Soo Can some one give this Old forgetfull Lady Directions to the portal or how I am to get to the Netherlight Temple? Please, and Thank you.Mizjoha8 Oct 27
Oct 26 Should I continue to quest or wait for 8.0? As you may have known from my previous post, I am not a big fan of questing but I am doing it along with dungeon fighting and some arenas. I am new to this game but I think my advancements been pretty good since I have started playing this game about a month ago. Here's a question for you guys and gals. I do not have a lot of solo quest completed, not even close to opening world quests and given the time frame the next expansion is coming out, do you think it will be a waste of time grinding out all my solo quests? Should I put my time into learning how to battle in arenas, playing dungeons, and just getting more of a feel of this game and what each character does? Btw, I have a 105 Veng Dh i would like to possibly learn to tank in dungeons. And of course, my main, 110 BM Hunter. Thanks in advance for any advice.Huggar16 Oct 26
Oct 26 lvl 65-69 pvp twinking . how balanced is lvl 65-69 pvp ? I know that lvl 60+ pvp gear are better than heirlooms . Would it be worth my time to get that gear , enchant it and stop experience at 69 ? sorry if i sound like a complete noob :D . help would be appreciated !!Spetnas2 Oct 26
Oct 26 New to game.... Is it important to grind REP from the factions of the older expansions?Pocketsize3 Oct 26
Oct 25 level 100 boost issue [Solved] A few days ago I posted on here about wanting to forfeit my level 100 boost because it was gonna bug me that: A) I have a dead, deleted level 100 sitting in my "undelete this character" roster. or B) I have a level 100 character that I just don't want. Solution - wait until this character is level 99.5 :DPavet4 Oct 25
Oct 25 Questions about dungeons and monk class I'm very new to WOW, 3 days old to be more specific. I've watched lots of YouTube videos and read guides but it all focuses on lvl 90 and up. I started as a priest and made it to level 15 where I tried my first dungeon and decided I wanted to try another class with more versatility to take to high level so I started a monk (now level 11). The monk seems a bit more up my alley with both the tank and healer specs sounding fun for me but I feel like I'm missing something. I just got to choose my spec and was looking through the abilities of the brewmaster (my most likely choice) and it seems like for a tank he is pretty useless in dungeons until at least lvl 28 when he will have access to both of the brews and stagger. Even then it seems as if I would die quickly without a good healer since I have weaker armor. Is the brewmaster strictly a high level tank that you need good coordination with a healer or am I just missing something (most likely)? Should I only play the healing class in dungeons until I start to get to high level or should I just avoid dungeons? I'd like to be able to get some decent gear before I go offer exploring too much. *Small side note* I'm not really a fan of DPS especially not melee DPS so I would like to stay away from that in any group oriented tasks.Veriselyia8 Oct 25