Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios

2h Community Learning Events Why I started #Learn2Raid for World of Warcraft This Is For The Players Who Want To Raid But Cant Because Reasons If you are someone who wants to try this raiding thing but gets turned off by the vocal minority of Raiders in this game, then this thread is for you. If you are someone who just wants to raid in a low-pressure group that cares more about killing bosses and having a good time, then this thread is for you. If you are someone who wants to LEARN to raid without being berated for low dps, low awareness, etc., then this thread is for you. If you have Autism or any other disability that would keep you out of PuGs in LFG do not be afraid of joining this group. I'm diagnosed with Developmental Dyspraxia and other developmental disabilities and a panic disorder and I'm not ashamed of who I am. I have difficulties others take very light, especially when it comes to learning new things. I know for a fact, everyone learns differently. Every group I lead is different. I don't lead carry runs, I can't promise kills but what I can promise is you will experience a judgement-free raiding environment and you will learn how to do many things in Raids. I'm not perfect at how to lead but I do my best at helping people overcome barriers. [/i] Raiding Guide and my Raiding Schedule on Both Factions (Note: if my schedule is unavailable to you, there are ton more to be found on Openraid. A place for Organized Raiding. This is for beginners, players with disabilities, and anyone else who wants to help people get into raiding and move past LFR. How to Sign up Template Character name and Server Class Spec Armor Item Level Horde or Alliance event Date of Event Who to Contact in Game to get an invite to Raid? Outside of Game: Twitter tag: @justinmccray87 Curse Tag: mccrayjustin167 Inside Game: If you are signing up for an Horde event, whisper Mordecaí-eitrigg for an invite. (Hold down Alt key and on Numpad, use num lock, press 0237) If you are signing up for an Alliance event, whisper Mordecaíi-eitrigg (Hold down Alt key and on Numpad, use num lock, 0237) Join my Curse server if you need to contact me for more information on this community events: https://curse.com/invite/o5hVALMMEU6ocLcX1ZRzpw Community Event Schedule: Horde Events: Every Thursday 9am-11am and 5pm-8pm Pacific January 5th 12th 19th 26th February 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd Alliance Events: Tuesdays 9am-11am and 5pm-8pm Pacific January 3rd, 10th, 17th, 24th 31st February 7th 14th 21st 28th Food for Thought: "The more you give, the more you will get back." "People think about the Past and they throw their power into the Past, but there is no Past. It's gone, when you think about the Past, you think about it in this Moment. This Moment is all there is, and you can be happy in this Moment. When you are, everything is taken care of. All is well." A guide thread made up by Stormaker-Silverhand for Emerald Nightmare, first Legion Raid: http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20748475896 Other Community Event Leaders: Zelse the Moose King is another Community Event Leader for World of Warcraft. He started doing community events ever since the Moose came out for Hellfire Citadel raid in Warlords of Draenor. In Legion, he does Learn2Raid events too, like me but he's a Livestreamer (meaning you will be on TV). Zelse's Community Event Schedule: http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20749695285 Monday -10:00 PM - 12:00 AM - WoW: FriendshipLegion/Community Raid Team Thursday -10:00 PM - 12:00 AM - WoW: FriendshipLegion/Community Raid Friday -10:00 PM - 1:00 AM - WoW: FriendshipLegion/Community Raid Saturday - 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM & 8:00 PM - 12:00 AM - WoW: FriendshipLegion/Community Raid Sunday -12:00 PM - 4:00 PM - WoW: FriendshipLegion/Community Raid https://twitter.com/Zelse007 ( Roxiqt currently isnt doing any community events due to health reasons. You can support her at https://www.patreon.com/roxiqt) Mordecaí1236 2h
Nov 19, 2014 Raid Lockout Systems Lockouts at a Glance Raid lockouts limit the number of times a character can kill a boss in a week for a chance at obtaining loot from that boss. Throughout the years, different raid lockout systems have been used, and multiple systems exist in the game depending on the system used at the time a raid was introduced. To check your current raid lockouts press your ‘O’ key in-game, select the Raid tab, and click on Raid Info in the upper right. This will display your current lockouts, and time left until they reset. There are three types of raid lockouts used in the game. Loot-based Lockout Used for: All Raid Finder raids, Siege of Orgrimmar Normal/Heroic, Warlords raids Normal/Heroic. You can kill a boss as many times per week as you like, but only loot it once per difficulty. Anyone can join anyone’s instance. Bosses are never locked to you, and you can always go back and kill them later even if you’ve skipped them by joining a group that had progressed further. Raid sizes can be anywhere from 10 to 30 players, and difficulty automatically scales to match. Flexible Boss-based Lockout Used for: Normal difficulty raids from Wrath of the Lich King through Throne of Thunder. You can only kill a boss once per week, and you may not enter an instance where a boss is alive that you have already defeated that week. You can move from group to group during a week as long as you’re joining instances that don’t have bosses alive you’ve already killed. If you enter an instance that is more progressed than your own and get saved to it, you will be locked to all prior bosses. You can move between 10 and 25 raid size, given these constraints. Strict Instance-based Lockout Used for: All classic raids (Molten Core through Sunwell), Heroic difficulty of Wrath of the Lich King raids through Throne of Thunder, and all Mythic difficulty raids. Progress is tied to a fixed instance ID. Once tied to an instance ID, you may not enter any other versions of that raid of that difficulty until your raid lock resets. If other players complete that instance while you are absent, the instance will be empty for you as well, because progress is tied to the instance, and not your character. You may not switch between 10-player and 25-player raid size once locked to one size or the other (does not apply to Mythic which is 20-player only).Bashiok0 Nov 19, 2014
Oct 26, 2010 Welcome: Please Read! Welcome to the Dungeons and Raids forum! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss raids and dungeons with your fellow World of Warcraft players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy, so we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct (http://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct) and guidelines (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15252595157) before posting. Important Reminders: Search The search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely effective and robust. Before you create a new forum topic, please be use it to search for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer for which you are looking. Making a new thread on an existing subject can result in your thread being deleted or, if you continue to re-post the same content, the loss of your forum privileges for spamming. Rating The forum rating system can be used to promote positive discussion, demote unhelpful comments, and even report posts that violate the forum Code of Conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with several options, including a "thumbs up" (Like) and a "thumbs down" (Dislike) icon. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon will rate the post up. If enough people like a post, it will gain a Highly Rated status and appear at the top of related search results. Highly Rated posts will also have a highlighted background. Clicking the "thumbs down" icon will expand a drop-down menu which will include "Dislike," "Trolling, "Spam" and "Report" options. "Dislike" will rate the post down. If enough people dislike a post, it will be darkened, and with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden completely. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of a violation. Please note that you can only rate each post once. Use your power wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Have fun posting on these forums, and good luck with your adventures in Azeroth!Lylirra1 Oct 26, 2010
40m Does Nighthold have too much versatility? Now I am going over the loot for the Nighthold and it seems like 75% of the gear for DK has versatility on it. Which the changes to secondary stats. You need 475 points of versatility to get 1% damage/healing. Some gear gives less than 1%. While other give enough for 2.5%. I feeling there just to much versatility in the gear in this raid. What does everyone think?Daemonette1 40m
51m Is Mythic EN/ToV now Cross realm? Is Mythic EN/ToV now Cross realm? and when are they releasing the new Mythic + difficulties?Enzustormx1 51m
53m Seal of Broken Fate - Nighthold What will you all be spending your [Seals of Broken Fate] on in Nighthold? I currently have 5/6 saved. Will you roll for tier gear in Normal? Trinkets? Will any of us be clearing Heroic this week and will you save some seals for this? What are your thoughts?Tibet5 53m
1h Chromatic Anomaly Chromatic Anomaly is a PHASED ENRAGE TIMER. This may sound ridiculous but if your stuck on Chromatic Anomaly, you just need more DPS. Because this entire fight revolves around using Temporal discharge (which drops from the ad you kill). Temporal Discharge is an ability that is the only key to interrupting Overwhelming Power. This interrupt will increase damage taken by Chromatic Anomaly by 30%, for only 15 seconds. Now these ads only spawn 4 times. So that means that you have 4, 15 second time gaps to deal as much damage as possible before he goes into his "secret enrage mode", Full Power. Full Power is his raid wiping ability, he runs around the nightwell blasting arcane power out of his body killing anything close to him. He gradually gets faster and faster, finally catching up too you and wiping your entire raid team. To sum it up you need good high DPS, so you can kill him before he goes into Full Power mode. Hope this helps some people get through Chromatic Anomaly so they may progress all the way to Gul'Dan.Wraithu0 1h
1h M+ loot table Been spamming keystones on this char for a few weeks, with 10~ kills on almost every dungeon and a lot of them being 10+. Gear is upgrading well and it's honestly a ton of fun, I don't have time for raiding and these are a challenging alternative. But I'm almost 880 ilvl and I've not even seen a trinket drop in any one of my keystones. Are trinkets excluded in the keystone loot table? Also, why not allow us to use our double rolls in keystones, or remove the cap? Has any ever recieved a trinket from a keystone chest? Not the weekly.Spellscream4 1h
2h Cannot change (legacy) raid size. Since new patch I've been unable to change raid sizes, once I apply the change and go into the instance, it's still on the last setting! :-(Foxkeh2 2h
2h 332 Mythic Helya kills before NH And exactly 100 US as of midnight PST. (Gratz Status Pro of Kil'Jaeden!) So does Mythic Nighthold last a week? I vote no, because I don't think the game has ever allowed people to overgear a fight quite as much as this tier is going to. Although I'm sure we'll have a better idea after doing Heroic this week.Twilightcult4 2h
2h Healers need some love When your health runs low who heals you? When your standing in fire who heals you? When your hit in the face who heals you? When your in that battleground and your getting attacked by other players who heals you? Let's give a shoutout to all the healers out there. Throw us a peel once in awhile too.Ràh6 2h
3h BM hunters in dungs Plz learn how to take your taunt off Plz do not pull with Barrage TyMakeme0 3h
4h The Cod Squad - Dungeon running team for all! Good day all, My name is Cod and I am a part of the Convert to Raid community on Aerie Peak. I have created a dungeon running community to help people experience dungeons in a positive and helpful environment. Who we are: The Cod Squad is a group / dungeon running team that will be running in Legion and beyond. Our team is based off of a couple of principles: This group is for everyone. From “beginners” to “experts” Horde and Alliance We will wipe, we will try again, we will win Positivity and friendships are required This group is not just about completing Mythics and Mythic+ dungeons. This group is about enjoying dungeons, group content and other activities with friends. Nothing is as awesome as killing internet dragons with your friends. Nothing feels as empty as joining a random dungeon and having a great run…but then just looting the last boss and dropping group. I want to put back the feels into running dungeons. We also make some promises: We will never ask you to change your class or spec We will never link DPS logs in runs We will never link HPS logs in runs We will never say “You can’t” You will never get yelled at You will never be asked about your iLevel You will never be told you cannot go based on ranged / melee I promise you that if I hear of any of this happening…it will be stopped immediate and the member who violated to rule talked with. Requirements to join: Right now The Cod Squad is up in running on Aerie Peak server as a part of the Convert to Raid Guild. The best thing about my group is that you DO NOT have to server transfer. Everything can be run though using people’s Real ID’s. Here are the requirements to join: Have a max level toon Be willing to learn Be patient Have Discord (Mic recommended) That’s it. No silly ilevel requirements, no DPS requirements, heal requirements, etc. This group is for everyone! We want to help you with your group content needs! There are also no time requirements. You do not have to sign up for times to do activities. You are not obligated to do X amount of runs in Y time. We run when you need us. Now…that doesn’t mean we run 24/7….but we can usually get someone into runs pretty quickly. As we grow…so do the times we run. But I expect that after spending some time with us…you will want to keep doing things with us. How to Join: There are a couple of ways to get yourself into our great group…and it all starts with having a small conversation with me. Here are the many ways to get in touch with me: Real ID: Captcodfish#1784 (fills up quick so also add me on these...) Twitter: @gamingwithcod Discord: CaptainCodfish#4029 Every member of my team gets a one-on-one with me so I can make sure we are on the same page. I like talking with people and hearing people get excited about what we are doing. I like to keep this personal touch….I think it helps people feel like we are more friendly / more like a home than a group of randoms. At the end of the meeting I welcome you to our family. Cod Squad Goals: I have set some personal goals for our team. Some that are really hard and some that are pretty easy. For Legion here are a couple of major goals: To become your preferred method of finding Mythic and Mythic + dungeons To help people with any group content (WQ, Profession quest, Artifact, etc ) To help people get attuned for Karazhan To help people experience Karazhan in a positive environment Those are some of the major goals we are trying to complete. I also will spend as much time as I can recruiting, reaching out and talking with people who feel like they cannot find groups for dungeon content. I truly believe in leave no player behind. No…we may not be running +5 +6 +7 runs right now….but we will make sure that everyone has a chance to experience end game dungeon content. So. Raiders, non raiders, beginners, experts, anyone who wants to belong to a family style dungeon running group….we are here and we want to help. #leavenoplayerbehindIroncod156 4h
4h Throne of Thunder bugged? Hey all, I started soloing 10-man normal Throne of Thunder for the transmog items over the weekend and while I didn't have any problems downing any of the bosses, the little red portal above the Ji-Kun platform wouldn't teleport me to the next area. It kept porting me out to The Forgotten Depths to the entrance of the Roost. It's been years since I've been in ToT and I know Ji-Kun is the last boss of that wing in LFR, but am I doing something wrong or is the teleporter not working as it should?Verdammt2 4h
5h Quit making things harder in Mythic Plus Tanks who don't use their defensive abilities as if this is WoD. Tanks who have no idea when to kite (necrotic) or what Bolstering, Sanguine means and how to handle them. Tanks who pull multiple packs of difficult mobs without regard to their healer's mana while using speed boosts in between giving healers no time to catch up and drink prior to pulls while getting hammered. Classes that have stuns and interrupts who don't use them - ever. You, who love standing in Volcanoes over and over and over. You who pull every extra mob pack either through ignorance or bad game play. You who don't flask or eat, enchant and gem.Haughtyfire2 5h
6h Raidbots - The Easiest Way to SimulationCraft TL;DR https://raidbots.com/ makes it super easy to use SimulationCraft for common tasks (comparing items, generating stat weights for Pawn) What is this? SimulationCraft is an amazing open source project for theorycrafting, gear planning, and more. However, it can be difficult to use and can often slow down your machine if simming and playing WoW at the same time. For those reasons, I've spent the last couple months building Simbot and am relaunching Raidbots! Caveats ahead! Raidbots is based entirely on SimulationCraft so results are only as good as support for your class/spec. If your spec isn't well supported, Raidbots will not be very useful. Check with your class Discord/forums/etc to determine if Raidbots is a good match for you or not. Highlights Gear Compare (https://raidbots.com/simbot/gear) lets you easily sim new pieces of gear. Great for figuring out if that item that just dropped is an upgrade before equipping it. Also useful for checking out different trinkets/legendaries/etc will affect your DPS. Stat Weights (https://raidbots.com/simbot/stats) is a fast way to have SimulationCraft generate stat weights for your character. Stat weights are primarily useful as a quick in-game method to determine if an item is an upgrade or not. However, for many classes/specs the weights change regularly so Gear Compare is usually better in the long run. Use the Armory or paste in /simc output Raidbots provides the raw SimC input so you can easily copy/paste the script into your local copy of SimC to avoid the queue or further configure the sim to your liking. This can be really nice for Gear Compare since Raidbots does some of the heavy lifting of determining item IDs, gem names, level, etc. A nightly version of 7.1.5 is available under advanced options/ Future Roadmap There's a ton more stuff I want to build, here are few features I hope to release in the coming months (not a promise, etc): More granular sim configuration (iterations, fight style, fight length, enemy type, etc) Relic compare Talent compare Custom APLs Best in Bag Personal BiS Lists Known Issues Healers are not supported in SimulationCraft at all right now and, thus, are not supported by Raidbots. Tank support is very limited and is primarily included for completeness. This will be slightly better once Raidbots supports enemy choice but there are no dedicated SimC tank devs so take results with a very large grain of salt. The End Check it out, sim yourself, and let me know what you think!Seriallos0 6h
6h Declining Demon Hunters for Groups This is to all of you who decline DH's for groups. I am tired of getting declined for groups simply because of my class. I know that this is not always SOLE reason, and that other classes experience this to varying degrees as-well. Sometimes the group also has too many melee already, that's fine. However; I just got done trying to queue for Return to Kara, and was declined 120+ times. A few times the leaders whispered me and said "No retarded DH's allowed" and other things to that effect. I understand, you've had bad experiences with DH's in the past because they (probably) use the Momentum build, but have no sense of when NOT to use it and end up aggroing more mobs because they didn't check/weren't aware of their surroundings. I've seen it happen myself with other DH's. We're not all that stupid, and sometimes you simply CANT use Fel Rush/Vengeful Retreat without a high risk of aggro-linking. Some DHs don't realize you can ram into a nearby wall if the tank is tanking them next to one. However, not ALL of us DO this. Give a DH a chance and if they screw up say.. twice... THEN kick em. I've been declined groups where my ilvl was 15-30 levels higher than what they wanted and still got declined. Hell, I felt this way about some DK's back in wrath.. but i gave em a chance before kicking them.Rìkku23 6h
7h (H) LFM 5 Man Mythic + and Nightbane Friends I'm online usually every day 5pm estern usa time to about 10 pm Looking for more friends, or a team that needs a spot filled for 5 man Mythic+'s pushing and farming keys, and doing 5+ , 10+, 15+ etc... to as high as we can get them. I also do Kara & Nightbane runs. and raiding on my main with guild, alts with pugs, or on alts to help friends with their guild raids. My main is balance druid, (881-883)+ equiped depending on setup will be way higher when i do a few nighthold runs. I have the 2 BIS legendaries for my class. Helm and bracer. 10.5% in the 4th golden trait. So, you can guess, i do some pretty high dps for my level. I have alot of exp. doing all 5 mans, i read tips and tricks on forums, icy-veins & wowhead, Prepot, use all my abilities for fast and smooth runs, i use Voice, Disc, Vent, Curse, Teamspeak. I also use Weak Auras, Healbot (for fast off heal and innervates, brez) and DBM< GTFO, so you can see how i use all the tools you can have to be the best you can be when doing Timmed runs. I also have an 875 pally Prot/ret, and 875 Warlock 4 gold traits in each spec. If you like the 5 man mythic and play at the same time i do 5pm-10pm eastern USA time zone, reply, and we'll exchange Friends' ID , Let's go KILL some Baddies!!Kalimik0 7h
7h Raid Tuning and Nighthold Release Date As the holidays approach, we wanted to take a chance to share some information on an upcoming raid tuning adjustment as well as the release date for Nighthold. Trial of Valor will see a set of tuning adjustments next week, focused mainly on Heroic and Mythic difficulty, which should help groups overcome the challenges of the Trial as they prepare for Nighthold. Which brings us to the release date for Nighthold itself: We are aiming to unlock Normal and Heroic Nighthold on January 17, 2017. Raid Finder wings and Mythic difficulty will release during the weeks following, which we will share more specific details on at a later time. We look forward to seeing you in the Nighthold!Ornyx118 7h
8h "Timewalking raids coming at some point." Woot! Hard to say how it will work. One week won't be much for a raid, unless they make it LFR stupid easy. Oh wait. They will probably make it LFR stupid easy. Bummer. What I'd really like is to have a keystone receptacle in every legacy raid that offers the option for scaling that raid to current gear levels. Each guild could have one key in play at a time. So you could always choose to progress on any raid Blizz has ever done, instead of being limited to current tier. Yes, this would be buggy since the game changes over time and we'd have to be patient while Blizz worked the kinks out. But how great would it be having 20 raids to choose from? Especially for players who never saw Black Temple/Ulduar/ICC as current content?Felfaadaern6 8h
8h What to know about Mythic (regular)? So my quest log is starting to fill up with some dungeon quests (Mythic) What should I do to get ready to clear these dungeons (Court of Stars, The Arcway) without pi**ing off groups?Sotth10 8h
9h Best mythic+ tank on 7.1.5 Which do you think will be the best tank on this patch? i'm looking to get a tank, i'm still deciding mainly between Monk, Dk and DhTzhary27 9h
9h Leaving a +mythic after the first pull Players that leave after the first pull in a mythic + should have their key depleted as well for the week. You get a 30 minute ban from leaving a heroic but causing someone else's key to be depleted is free and clear. Please change this. Don't join unless you are committed to finishing or waiting for the timer to run out. Just not after the first pull.Rydstrom22 9h
11h Ignorant reasons to be kicked There are many reasons that might prevent you from joining a keystone run. 1. The group desires diversity in comp (or certain class.) 2. Your gears or achiv isn't high enough to their desire. 3. My friend wants to come. etc etc Seriously... I've seen 899 or even 900 ilvl on premade applications. They weren't invited because such thing as.. we were running CoS and we already got a priest. I'd rather diversify the group comp. but... Sometimes it just comes from ignorance. They often ask me if my DPS spec is fury or arms. I'm fury but my guess is that I wouldn't have been invited if I answered arms. "Does it matter?" or "what if I was arms" It's always the same answer "Just a question" literally every single one of them. Since 7.1.5, you probably notice many prot warriors have much less HP. Esp. with skittish week, the new talent provides x2~3 more damage and more rage to play with for damage reduction what not. But multiple times.. I got booted because my HP was around 4M (5.3M with HP bump talent) "I thought this was a geared grp. He only has 4M HP kick him" then I get blocked for trying to explain.... I'm like... wow :o ignorance yo. Mind you I'm a keystone master (yea.. no big deal anymore I know) This is coming from a warrior... other classes face anything like this?Dfunction1 11h
11h Raising the ilvl of Mythic + soon? Since the item level cap is going up on Tuesday, can we hope to see some higher item levels from Mythic +? Something more than bragging rights for pushing higher end keys?Hugzntickles19 11h
12h First mythic +15 Going to be working on doing my first mythic +15 with a few guildies. Could use any tipsCashonly10 12h
12h 4DPS and a Tank da hellz man how did bliz let this system get balanced this way on the timers? Healers only heal raids now? the entire timer system is so toxic and the lack of healer AOE heals is redonk compared to this stuffKugsneak10 12h
13h Brawlers Guild: Make it a rested place Would be great to not have to use tomes and or walk out into SW or Org (latter much quicker) to simply change spec.Broflex1 13h
17h 'Realistic' Raid Maybe what the WoW needs, is a 'realistic' raid. One that would bring out the most of every class / spec instead of just 'dps' and 'hps' My idea of a realistic raid: An instance, where the enemies are 'intelligent'. The raid begins from the moment the raid begins the instance till it's cleared, like a keystone dungeon. There may be 1-3 bosses as well like a dungeon but more for a raid group. Here would be a few features i'd personally feel would fit ---No mob placement is like 100% the same >For example, maybe when you first enter the first time, there's a pack on the right side, and a patrol that goes between the right side and the back. And than the next time you enter, there is a pack on the left instead, with another mini-pack a short distance away from the pack on the left. Now you'll be like: Isn't this just 'scripted' placements? Like random variations of #1 #2 #3. Yes, there will be limited choices, but if you combine the varieties like 1: Stationary Packs 2: Mini packs / Scouts / Watchtowers 3: Patrols 4: Stealth assassins and so on... There could be many variations. Of course there must be a limit to number of mobs in a specific area... ---No enemy would foolishly just attack the tank only We all agree in real life, we're not gonna just hammer the guy with a huge shield just cause he is infront of u and bludgeoning you with a stick that doesn't hurt as much as the guy with a machine gun in the back. So all mobs, have skittish. You heard that right! Not just skittish, they randomly lose aggro at random and will attack ANYONE near them. They may all have random mechanics such as 1: Healer targeting - rushes straight at any healer and may switch to a different nearby healer 2: Ranged smasher - Dashes / jumps into your backline and starts cleaving down random people 3: Melee Pulverizer - Does a huge random aoe in melee and may decide to attack a melee instead 4: I hate everyone - Random ranged mobs that just attack random guys or decide to lob a few aoes at random guys As for when they're not attacking the tank, their damage will be much reduced. It won't be to the extent of 1/2 shots, but they will all apply a short debuff (that doesn't stack) reducing healing incoming by 50%. So the player being attacked needs to either kite or survive somehow. ---Bosses aren't dumb When you enter a boss room in a raid, you usually clear off the small-fry on the sides because you know the boss won't aggro, cleaning the space up for a 'fair' fight. But hell no, the boss in this instance is not gonna just watch you clean off his people! As you progress through the instance, the boss may show up suddenly with a bunch of mobs and start attacking the raid. He'll be weakened as to not be overwhelmingly painful, and probably cc'able just like regular players should be (With larger diminishing returns, of course!) The boss would retreat at weakened hp, let loose a few adds on the raid, and run off to recuperate. Now that's where it gets fun. The raid will probably do their best to prevent the boss from running, be it slows, snares, stuns. If they can catch the boss before he escapes and finishes him off, or possibly manage to chase him down, the rest of the instance becomes much weaker and easier to complete. Of course, if the boss manages to escape, he'll be waiting prepared this time. Maybe if say you dropped him to 30% health at first encounter and he escaped, you'll see him again with maybe 50 - 80% health depending on how long you took. You'll meet him in the boss room, and the moment he catches sight of you, a tough battle ensures. Every mob in the room would start attacking the players and they would have to survive both the mobs and the weakened boss. Of course, if the boss has the regular one-shot mechs that blizzard is so fond of at the moment, killing off anywhere between 60% - 500% of a player's health in 1 hit, this is going to become impossible. That's why, the boss will be having lots of fast hitting combos, none lethal alone but deadly if you let him do as he likes. There may be a few deadly moves / finishes too but they should not be 1shots but at least pretty fatal, like 50% - 75% of a player's health.Naidarx8 17h
19h Soloing WoD Dungeons = Personal Loot So for some reason Warlords of Draenor dungeons force personal loot even if you're the only person inside them killing bosses, unlike every single other dungeon in that game that gives 100% chance for dungeon bosses to drop loot, WoD dungeons do not, cleared all of UBRS last night solo and got 0 boss loot. Please fix this. :)Emeraude17 19h
20h What do you like about tanking? What does everyone like about tanking in dungeons, raids, or group world content? I just started tanking this expansion after focusing on a mage last and while I'm still learning and doing heroic dungeons, I'm looking ahead at raid mechanics and am excited to get into those. What I like about tanking dungeon is I feel much more engaged with the enemies and not tied to a strict rotation. After 1.5 expansions on my mage every dungeon encounter felt the same - do rotation and blink around. As a tank, a combination of being in the enemy's face and seeing my health take damage makes it feel like I'm actually playing a game when I queue up. What do you like about tanking?Khorue5 20h
21h Recommended ilvl for mythic+ dungeons Just curious what the recommended ilvl would be for each mythic dungeon from standard to +15. Thank you muchly.Nostariel6 21h
1d Depleted Stones Count for Weekly Chest Hey folks. Hoping a blue pops in here and considers highlighting this somewhere like the front page. There are still a lot of people in game who don't understand that a depleted stone for Mythic + still counts toward your weekly best for your chest on Tuesday. The gear that you get from it drops based on whatever you beat, whether you succeeded against the time or not. If you see a group for depleted mythic keys and you haven't reached that point yet (say, +5) consider running it anyway just to push your weekly best higher. If you beat the time, you also now have a group you're familiar with that you can join to run the refreshed key as well. It's win-win. Hope that helps those of you with depleted stones some and gets you back in the race. Now to find somebody willing to run a charged +5 mythic CoS before tomorrow :'(Edlarel17 1d
1d Time this crap stopped with Mythic & Mythic+ I honestly don't know what to say anymore .. tried to run a Darkheart Thicket +9 and the tank decided to drop out because someone didn't interrrupt one of the bear's roars before the 1st boss .. And when I try and relist - nobody wants to step in and help out because the key's depleted ? I'm both surprised and shocked by this, after all I'm in this game to have fun, not to put up with toxic, rude disrespectful types that try and ruin it for others. (If that's the case .. you shouldn't be on the game if your main intent is to try and ruin the game for others).. Sure I've left a few myself - but I would say the amount of times I've left a dungeon can easily be counted on two hands (less than) ..Jîáýîng19 1d
1d Solid Group for +15 Hello all, My wife and I are looking for solid dps to learn and push a +15 this reset with sang/flow/tyr. We are both 885 and our highest completed is +13. Flasks and prolonged potions are required. Discord aswel. Times will be between 11am-3pm PT If you are interested leave your bnet, equipped ilvl and highest completed keyFraan0 1d
1d Ideal class/spec for Herald of Titans Hey all! I plan on leveling a toon to get Herald of Titans with. Is there a more "OP" class or spec for this fight in particular? I'll be using flasks, gems, enchants and will be as close to 226 on all gear. I'm thinking of just going with a resto shaman or druid. Is there any DPS class that does well for this fight? Thanks for any input!Cubrean1 1d
1d Looking to start running M+, need friends So, I've grown rather bored with just running LFR, daily heroics for ap, WQs etc and I want to get this character off the plateau he's been on. I want to progress but I don't want to raid. I like 5 man content and have pugged some Mythics and Mythic + dungeons on my other character but this guy is my main and I want to start gearing him and feel a sense of progression. As you can see, running with my guild isn't an option since they are strictly an RP guild. I've had mixed results with pugging M+ dungeons and I would rather do as others say and run with friends. With that said, I need friends to run with. I want to fill my friends list with people who like me, want to make friends to run with. I'm not picky and It's okay if you're like me and don't have just a ton of experience and/or gear and are just cutting your teeth in this content.(I'm not looking for a carry, is what I mean) If interested, add me at narwhal#1457 or just drop your btag below(all are welcome).Xantheas0 1d
1d Still don't know max TF in NH? I take it we still don't know the max ilvl an item can titanforge to in NH?Ninqjinq1 1d
1d Food buff in CoS is usable with Herbalism. I haven't seen this posted anywhere or in the patch notes, but it appears that this buff is now able to be used by herbalists. Nice change by Blizzard, but putting something like this in the patch notes would be nice. http://i.imgur.com/55sfkas.jpg Picture for proof, I'm not sure what level herbalism is needed, as mine is 800.Sunaji1 1d
1d List your fav mythic plus team comps What are your favorite mythic plus team compositions? Mine includes Brewmaster monk Fire mage Havoc demon hunter Assassination rogue Restoration druidEsanelle16 1d
1d <Astral> Selling Legion Carries (M+/Raid) Hey All - Thank you for stopping by to check out our sales! Below you will find a list of the services we are currently offering, and corresponding prices: ——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————— Mythic + Carries: • Buyers use their own keystone, we can also provide a key for +10 runs for an additional price. • The reward chests can randomly contain Gear, Artifact Power or Gold. • Every Tuesday during reset, the bonus chest in your order hall rewards gear. The ilvl is based on the highest key level you completed the week before. • All classes must be specced DPS • Achievements are acquired through completing levels 5,10, and 15. ​ Key Level Options: • Key Level 2-6: 40k - 3 chests • Key Level 7-9: 50k - 2 to 3 chests • Key Level 10: 150k - 1 to 3 chests (880+ gear from weekly cache) • Key Level 11: 200k - 1 to 3 chests (880+ gear from weekly cache) • Key Level 12: 250k - 1 to 3 chests (885+ gear from weekly cache) • Key Level 15: Coming Soon! All loot that is tradeable and isn't needed will be given to you. ​ Obtainable Achievements: • Keystone Initiate • Keystone Challenger • Keystone Conqueror​ ——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————— Karazhan Carries: • Pay attention to our rules for the run • Must be specced DPS ​ Carry Options: • Full Clear of Karazhan - 300k • Nightbane WITH mount - 250k All loot that is tradeable and isn't needed will be given to you. ​ Obtainable Achievements: • One Night in Karazhan • Smoldering Ember Wyrm​ ​ ——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————— Contact: If you have any questions, or would like to cancel your order, you can contact Malv (Malv#11394) or Abby (Bittie#1764). A 25% non-refundable deposit is required at the time of scheduling. You will pay the remainder prior to starting the instance. We like to keep on schedule and tardiness to runs can result in a loss of your spot and deposit. We require a 48 hour notice, if you would like to reschedule your run. Should an emergency arise, we will do our very best to work with you. We also take alternative payments. (Herbs, TCG items, etc) Contact us for more details. ​ Form: Please fill this form out while you wait for us to get back to you, it gives us an idea of what you want in advance and allows us to set up runs ASAP for your convenience. FORM LINK: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfJSj-on5k5Epec8peJi6MimGlnYj4bL4NVtaw3pMvs0hFipw/viewformSîeara18 1d
1d Valor how do we get it now? May not be in right spot if so then please move it where needs to be. Back in WOD we got these dungeon quests to get valor to upgrade our gear and with Legion valor from what I gathered has been removed again if I am wrong I apologize. Where do we go now to get valor I got a gun from WOD days I use when running older content I would like to upgrade.Deathbearer1 1d
2d Frost Dk or Ret pally for M+? Tired of being a masochist and playing a shaman. Unhappy with all the changes that happened with enhance and not feeling ele at all. So ret or frost dk are my options, just trying to figure out which are more sought out for in the M+ environment(and perhaps do alright in a raid environment)Shamcrow6 2d
2d Heroic Nighthold difficulty is heroic NH supposed to be easier than mythic ToV? given the loots seem to be at same level, 890/895Trekie11 2d
2d Mythic+ item farming If I'm trying to farm a Mythic+ for the highest Ilvl item what's the best tactic? Is it best to just run mid to low 4-6 Mythics or should I be trying to run them at a relatively higher Mythic lvl 7-9+?Windclaw13 2d
2d Ret t18 4pc works in raids FIX IMMEDIATELY I will preface by saying that all the legacy tier sets should have been deactivated months ago. Something has gone horribly, horribly wrong. With the release of patch 7.1.5, Ret tier 18 4 set from HFC(the buff is called Wings of Liberty) is for some reason working in modern raids. The buff gives a stacking 5% dmg every second for the first 10 seconds of Wings/Crusade. As you can imagine, this is a significantly powerful bug, and multiple guilds have already started using it to cheese dps (rets using t18 which is 735 ilvl are pulling upwards of 680k dps) on fights such as Guarm. I'm sure there are other fights where this is being used on, but here are two examples: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/WX9b2zPyVHtMwjpB#fight=2&type=auras&source=18 https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/WX9b2zPyVHtMwjpB#fight=2&type=auras&source=11 These are but two examples, and ret paladins are quickly filling up the top dps rankings on fights by legitimately exploiting an unintended game mechanic. The damage gain is SO SEVERE that this needs IMMEDIATE fixing before Nighthold drops or you will see guilds using this to exploit dps checks and skew the world first races. I cannot stress this enough; FIX THIS NOW or you will have to ban dozens of ret players, and the Nighthold race will be ruined for everyone. Let us not repeat Mythic Helya again, please? The fact that this slipped through the cracks is baffling; how does a tier 18 set bonus somehow get reactivated with the release of new material? Especially when literally other legacy tier set in the game is still deactivated (or are they)?How has Blizz not immediately responded to the new and apparent cheating with appropriate punitive measures and immediate bug fixing? People are using this to gain unfair progression on progression encounters. It's a big deal, and I'm sure Blizz is looking at logs as well. PLEASE, if you are reading this, submit a bug report, bump this post. Bring this to Blizz's attention before it can cause serious harm and jeopardize the (EDIT: somewhat :^) ) even playing field for Nighthold's release.Rolanor10 2d
2d Blackrock Foundry solo question Is it possible to get to Ka'Graz without doing the other bosses? I have went in and solo'd a few, but some bosses are bugged and just reset all the time.Høtdøg1 2d
2d Shadow Priest or Mage So I have this Shadow Priest that just hit 110 and a Mage thats about to do the same. Wondering for Mythic+ what the stronger class is going to be given the changes in 7.1.5. Any insight you might have would be appreciated. Thanks!Chaotìcian8 2d
2d The warden dungeon can die in a fire That was the dumbest fight at the end along with a !@#$ty puzzle. If there is any option to never play that, I will take it even it means not playing till next xpac even.Bajadin10 2d
2d Warlock or mage? A stupid "choose my class" post, but I want to play a ranged DPS. I have this warlock I've had forever (he's been through quite a few race/faction/sex changes over the years). And I have a mage which is sitting chillin' at level 90. Just don't know what's more in demand and valuable for Mythic+ and raiding. Seems mage has the edge but maybe it's just a "play what you want" thing and either is viable and roughly equally useful?Soularpower3 2d