Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios

Jan 25 Mord's Learn2raid Community Events his Is For The Players Who Want To Raid But Cant Because Reasons If you are someone who wants to try this raiding thing but gets turned off by the vocal minority of Raiders in this game, then this thread is for you. If you are someone who just wants to raid in a low-pressure group that cares more about killing bosses and having a good time, then this thread is for you. If you are someone who wants to LEARN to raid without being berated for low dps, low awareness, etc., then this thread is for you. If you have Autism or any other disability that would keep you out of PuGs in LFG do not be afraid of joining this group. I'm diagnosed with Developmental Dyspraxia and other developmental disabilities and a panic disorder and I'm not ashamed of who I am. I have difficulties others take very light, especially when it comes to learning new things. I know for a fact, everyone learns differently. Every group I lead is different. I don't lead carry runs, I can't promise kills but what I can promise is you will experience a judgement-free raiding environment and you will learn how to do many things in Raids. I'm not perfect at how to lead but I do my best at helping people overcome barriers. This is for beginners, players with disabilities, and anyone else who wants to help people get into raiding and move past LFR. How to Sign up Character Name Class/Spec Role Item level Who to Contact in Game to get an invite to Raid? Add Meira#1501 and join our community group: https://blizzard.com/invite/bWNkgF2Ke Community Event Schedule: Community Video Guides for Learn2Raid (Legion only) Emerald Nightmare Guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiMxEaKdoLc Trial of Valor Guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZS78mRperec Nighthold Guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPeCnQSyKhA&list=PLP2xqcboFhzbBiKwro4aBliRGfUuh6F7Y Tomb of Sargeras: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gcm8v7W3zvI&list=PLP2xqcboFhzaL_QoSseWPPQg5zwcp95kHMordecaí1266 Jan 25
Nov 19, 2014 Raid Lockout Systems Lockouts at a Glance Raid lockouts limit the number of times a character can kill a boss in a week for a chance at obtaining loot from that boss. Throughout the years, different raid lockout systems have been used, and multiple systems exist in the game depending on the system used at the time a raid was introduced. To check your current raid lockouts press your ‘O’ key in-game, select the Raid tab, and click on Raid Info in the upper right. This will display your current lockouts, and time left until they reset. There are three types of raid lockouts used in the game. Loot-based Lockout Used for: All Raid Finder raids, Siege of Orgrimmar Normal/Heroic, Warlords raids Normal/Heroic. You can kill a boss as many times per week as you like, but only loot it once per difficulty. Anyone can join anyone’s instance. Bosses are never locked to you, and you can always go back and kill them later even if you’ve skipped them by joining a group that had progressed further. Raid sizes can be anywhere from 10 to 30 players, and difficulty automatically scales to match. Flexible Boss-based Lockout Used for: Normal difficulty raids from Wrath of the Lich King through Throne of Thunder. You can only kill a boss once per week, and you may not enter an instance where a boss is alive that you have already defeated that week. You can move from group to group during a week as long as you’re joining instances that don’t have bosses alive you’ve already killed. If you enter an instance that is more progressed than your own and get saved to it, you will be locked to all prior bosses. You can move between 10 and 25 raid size, given these constraints. Strict Instance-based Lockout Used for: All classic raids (Molten Core through Sunwell), Heroic difficulty of Wrath of the Lich King raids through Throne of Thunder, and all Mythic difficulty raids. Progress is tied to a fixed instance ID. Once tied to an instance ID, you may not enter any other versions of that raid of that difficulty until your raid lock resets. If other players complete that instance while you are absent, the instance will be empty for you as well, because progress is tied to the instance, and not your character. You may not switch between 10-player and 25-player raid size once locked to one size or the other (does not apply to Mythic which is 20-player only).Bashiok0 Nov 19, 2014
Oct 26, 2010 Welcome: Please Read! Welcome to the Dungeons and Raids forum! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss raids and dungeons with your fellow World of Warcraft players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy, so we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct (http://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct) and guidelines (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15252595157) before posting. Important Reminders: Search The search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely effective and robust. Before you create a new forum topic, please be use it to search for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer for which you are looking. Making a new thread on an existing subject can result in your thread being deleted or, if you continue to re-post the same content, the loss of your forum privileges for spamming. Rating The forum rating system can be used to promote positive discussion, demote unhelpful comments, and even report posts that violate the forum Code of Conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with several options, including a "thumbs up" (Like) and a "thumbs down" (Dislike) icon. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon will rate the post up. If enough people like a post, it will gain a Highly Rated status and appear at the top of related search results. Highly Rated posts will also have a highlighted background. Clicking the "thumbs down" icon will expand a drop-down menu which will include "Dislike," "Trolling, "Spam" and "Report" options. "Dislike" will rate the post down. If enough people dislike a post, it will be darkened, and with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden completely. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of a violation. Please note that you can only rate each post once. Use your power wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Have fun posting on these forums, and good luck with your adventures in Azeroth!Lylirra1 Oct 26, 2010
9m Leveling Dungeons - Now with more Overtune Firing up an alt to level up in the meantime until BfA and wow did you swing the pendulum way to far. Instead of being a bit more of a challenge, they feel like being an under geared tank on the original Burning Crusade Heroic Dungeons. Tank incoming damage is high, incoming heal amounts are down, mobs have so much health they feel like mini boss pulls. I understand you want people to quest to level, but it seems like you are pushed way to hard to make that happen. I don't expect facerolls, but they should still be fun, and that is not the case anymore. YMMV.Ferdane10 9m
44m How difficult would Mythic ToS be for tmog? Hi All, It's my goal to obtain the skybreaker (t6 reskin) before the end of the expansion. I can get all the tmog pieces from the first 4 bosses. I was wondering how hard mythic ToS would be to lead a pug group now that a lot of people are 960-970? Are the first 4 bosses pretty easy? Thanks, DukaDukaman8 44m
1h LF 1 DPS & 1 Tank for the MDI As the title says, looking for 1 DPS and 1 Tank for the MDI US Horde We generally run from 9pm - 12am PST most nights Prefer a melee DPS! Current group ranges from 3.5k-4k on Raider.io Add me on discord Kuainn#8413 or on bnet at Oru#1405 if you have questions or are interested! Cheers!Kuainn2 1h
2h M+ Affixes help =/ Hi all I'v been playing MW in M+, and It's been going really well! Iv been complimented many times on my heals and I feel like im doing good. Except for this week. The affixes this week are quaking, burst, and fort The quaking and fort dont seem to be an issue, but this burst debuff, i dont know how to deal with it? Everyone in my group having like 4-5 stacks constantly and everyone dropping health extremely rapidly, dying within a few seconds, including myself. My group wiped, I just couldn't keep up with this burst debuff. They told me I sucked and was a !@#$ healer, and kicked me from the group. Does anyone have any tips on how to deal with these affixes this week, mainly from a healer perspective?Jeevika33 2h
5h LFR is hard Wiping on things you shouldn't on heroics :D bruh... average below 500k dps. some people intentionally die.Dfunction0 5h
5h LFM M+ Pushing - Alliance! Hi everybody, My friend and I are 960/955 tank and dps or heals looking for more people to push M+ with. looking to push higher and become more efficient as a group. requirements: -950+ and wanting to gear up together. -willing to work through instances and learn how to become more efficient at them. be willing to research the instances and learn who the main targets are/what we should be clearing -be level headed and not rage/quit -be on around 6-7pm PST and play for a few hours multiple nights a week. no set days atm. -know your class and role reasonably well. we're not elitist, but we are looking for skilled players. -we plan on getting comms going add me in-game! Snapper#1375Monkhood2 5h
6h WTB Heroic antorus 9-11/11 Just coven, agg and argus. All I ask. My guild doesn't raid, I'll treat your raid like a masseuse ^^ (is this the place to ask?)Faralos5 6h
6h Things You Don't Want To See Healing: 1 Does anyone remember these threads from the Healing subsection? They were very therapeutic, being able to vent your frustrations at bad experiences you had while trying to keep a group of knuckleheads alive. Well I for one miss that privilege, so I shall /cast resurrect on the desiccated corpse of this thread series and raise it from the ashes of the Empire like the First Order, just less swole than Ben Solo and (undoubtedly) more attractive than Rey. Some guidelines to follow just in case the moderators frown upon such insolence: >No naming of other characters you might experience. Instead of "Buffyria", you could say "an unbelievably gorgeous Priest that appeared to be an angel sent by the hand of Aman'thul himself". >This isn't an avenue for you to complain about your personal ineptitude at performing your role correctly. Please take a step back and look at what you're relaying; don't paint others in a harsh light just because you disagree with their opinion. >Keep your colorful language out of this pure place. >No fabrications of experiences to make you seem like a great person. If a story has to be warped to make you look good, then I don't wamt to hear it. >This isn't just stories of others you experience; if you made a mistake and it makes for a good story, than own up to it. >HAVE FUN What are you still reading this long-winded post for? START TYPING STORIESBuffyria1 6h
7h LFR Argus needs a nerf encounter takes too long, with too many wipes, for the crappy loot it generates. Feels like it was balanced around carries by normal raiders instead of an actual group of people looking for 915ish upgrades from LFR balance the reward or the encounterKugsneak60 7h
8h In need of dps for M+ so me and my gf are in need of dps for mythic plus runs doing 15s and such maybe higher if groups competent im a tank Vdh and Bdk and shes a Rdruid we play a decent amount and just run into alot of trolls and such in lfg feel free to post here/ add me and maybe we can get some runs going my Btag is Shadowya#1539Shadõwqt68 8h
8h Boomy LF Mythic+ Team 966 Balance Druid; 2453 Raider.io Score LF a solid Mythic+ team. I am willing to create my own team and/or get it started and lead, but I need dedicated Mythic+ players that are on ALOT & are always wanting to run keys! Best times for me would be between 4pm EST & 4am EST 7 days a week. I have multiple characters that are above +960 ilvl and 2k raider.io scores. My battletag is Soccerfreak#1728, add me if you have any interest or any info please and thank you.Khelyn0 8h
9h Attn Devs: Toxic State of Heroic Dungeons So about a month and a half ago I returned to WoW. Played off and on since vanilla, but I last played in mid-late WoD, stopped before DHs came along. The main thing that's standing out to me right now as a completely impossible to enjoy part of this game is Heroic Dungeons. It's at the point where gear scaling upwards has made tanks irrelevant, and from the sounds of some people Mythic isn't even much better. Additionally, because of the way Mythic+ rewards you, it doesn't sound enjoyable at all, because it's all about Sonic the Hedgehog. Heroic Dungeons right now are a game in itself. When I queue will I get a team that actually wants to play, or will I get one dps who wants to solo the dungeon and be done ASAP and is able to do it, so who even cares if the healer or tank agree. If I get a dps or a healer who is impatient and wants to be in and out ASAP, they don't even wait to see the quality of a tank they have got in the run. If the tank is undergeared, then the tank isn't learning !@#$, because the dps is just destroying too fast. If the tank is overgeared, then it's likely the tank would be just fine in going along at a quick pace, but isn't given a chance to tank, because the dps goes right on in and pulls the first pack, kills it and keeps going. Is it so much to ask that if you want to play this way, that you play a tank? On top of this, there's no punishment to the dps doing this. Why can a mage tank a dungeon in Legion without a healer? My main problem with this just comes down to the fact that I'm being punished for wanting to play the game. I want to play the game, I choose to play the game as a tank, I go to a place where I want to tank, dps acts like tank instead and I'm just there expected to pick up agro, which is ridiculously easy to do now anyways. I don't even need to do anything but stand there sometimes, if there's a dps with threat redirect they just force me to tank. Even if there's not a dps with threat redirect, one attack is enough to catch full agro and never lose it as a tank. This is simply not fun. I refuse to play along when a dps wants to play this way. I try and try to let them kill themselves so maybe they'll learn, but that can't happen in Legion dungeons because they're non-threatening. I think back even to WoD dungeons and each dungeon has something that really would screw with dps being able to do this, be that massive stuns or large packs of hard hitters or packs with multiple healers in them that could not be out-done by one dps. Legion dungeons have none of that. If anything they're even weaker than that because all of the Legion dungeons are large open fields where 80% of mobs can be skipped, they're there just to look intimidating, but you never have to go anywhere close to them. There's nothing like Grimrail Depot in this expansion where you were forced to deal with some very hard hitting enemies in tight spaces. But in the end... I get kicked from Heroic Dungeons because I want to play the game. If dps were to give me literally 5 seconds at the start of a dungeon, they'd see I'd pull quick enough for them, and if they choose to follow me, there'd be no problem between us. But, no, I frequently load in and as I look to see which dungeon I'm in, a dps is already running towards the first pack. (This isn't because of it taking long to load, it's just I load in and go "okay where am I?" which takes 1 second, but dps loads in and has their finger hard pressed on W) Overall, Blizzard has created a system where Tanks and Healers just don't matter. I'm over-geared for Heroics after only 6 weeks in the expansion, but I've not yet set foot beyond LFR or Heroic Dungeons. I barely feel the enemies in Heroics, so my presence makes a healer nearly obsolete, but there's not much I can do about that short of purposefully playing badly. Alternatively, I could queue as prot and swap to ret when dps go wild, because then at least the healer has something to do. But then I don't like ret, I like prot, that's why I play prot. but I get kicked for wanting to play prot, and it doesn't even matter, because teams can just kick a tank because a dps can solo. Please if any of you who read this play this way, at least recognize when someone in your team isn't liking it. From what I've heard of dps/heal friends who at times queue without me, they have to deal with tanks who just run between bosses and never pick up agro of trash, which results in under-geared dps dying. I haven't experienced this because I don't queue as dps/heal, but I ask the same to fellow tanks to stop doing that as I ask dps and healers to stop doing what I've described here. Bottom line: I don't want to pay for a game where instead of being able to actually play the game, I'm forced to either watch someone solo or reluctantly tank for people who don't need me to tank.Anila56 9h
9h Seeking guild to Kill Avatar Mythic Not sure if this is the proper forum for this but I've seen several other post about carries ect. so here goes. I am willing to negotiate a price of in game gold currency, not wow(tokens) I am seeking a guild that can kill mytic avatar in ToS and provide me the shoulder token to complete my Xmog set. If you can provide this then leave a message here and I will contact you in game or vice versa. I am not interested in paying real money for loot, so if your one of those /2 chat spammers that want to talk on skype move along. I only want to trade in game currency for a piece of loot. Thank you.Duecelost0 9h
10h Dire Maul turned into Tired of being Mauled Just had one of the worst experiences in a wow dungeon. I don't say that lightly as I have been playing since vanilla. I have wiped many a time, but this...was just powerlessness. I recently came back to wow, after a 4+ month break, and started a new horde toon for a buddy. I am leveling through dungeons using heirloom+ random loots. All was relatively well until Dire Maul. Every pull, the mobs lower my armor to 0 and reduce healing by 50%. The only thing separating my druid from a clothy is a couple thousand hp. Except, the mobs were hitting my 13k druid for 1300 a swing. I rotated barkskin, survival instincts, frenzied regens, Warstomps, Incap Roar, and even started rooting/hexing. I'm not expecting, and noone should expect, lowbie toons to know advanced mechanics of cc rotations and such, especially for a low level dungeon. I felt like I was hindering the group without any ability to actively and repeatably mitigate damage. The shaman was trying to keep me up but I could tell the damage was to great. Some could call it a bad group, but this was not. We were all trying but the bear toolkit just doesn't matter when you have no armor, 50% reduced healing, large damage taken per hit and no way to interrupt the shadowmages (skull bash isn't until 70). Blizz, please look into armor debuffs at lower levels (especially DIre Maul) because this is the majority of lower level druid mitigation.Droppinwrath14 10h
10h FriendshipSpellwing - 7.3 Heroic Mount Hello All, Some of you may remember me from FriendshipMoose towards the end of WoD. With the information and PTR going on with 7.3, it appears that there will be a mount drop similar to the Grove Warden for defeating Heroic Argus the Unmaker. If that is the case, I definitely will be doing what I can to assist the community in getting their Violet Spellwing for free before the next expansions comes out. Since there is still a lot of time before a movement like this begins, I will continue to look for updates to see if any information on this mount changes. My Discord and/or Twitter will be where I keep updates about this movement the most and I welcome anyone to join our Discord - https://discord.gg/fdh3w9t. I will be happy to answer any questions that the community may have on this movement as well. I am hoping that we can help even more people around this time, compared to FriendshipMoose. I will also be looking into more efficient ways where we can get people in and out of the raid to help more people at any given time. I'm also open to any suggestions that the community may have to making this movement an even better experience. Hope to see and help a lot of you soon in 7.3! -ZelseXelse28 10h
10h Heroic Burning Crusade Dungeons Just wondering if anyone does Heroic Burning Crusade Dungeons any more? I've currently been sitting in Queue for 5hr 51min with no end in sight... I do try at different times every day or two with Queue times still through the roof, 3-6 hours wait with usually no run by the time I log off. Does anyone have the same issue with older content around Heroic Dungeons or is it just me? I would like to see Blizzard implement Random Heroic Runs for old content such as The Burning Crusade.Xrii3 10h
10h Mythic + ilvl guide I was wondering since the difficulty increase in mythics, what content should I be doing and how low below the gear dropped I should be. For example, I am ilvl 911. Should I be doing content that drops 920? 925? 915? And what keystone level is it?Brondrick10 10h
10h Do the old Raids and Dungeons scale? Hey guys, I'm a brand new player to WoW, I've come from SWTOR and I'm wondering if the old Raids and Dungeons not released in recent expansions scale or not? Are they all viable to do at endgame meaning more variety? Or do you literally just run the current expansion raids over, and over, and over, and over? Also, are Mythic raids unique raids or just nightmare style normal raids? Thanks!Balekthulk1 10h
11h LFM Maw+9 2k+ raider.io required.Jaewalk2 11h
11h Push loot drop changes needed This is reguarding pantheon trinkets and I’m sure it’s been posted before. I’m voicing my frustration with the system as it stands. I was in the wrong spec when I got my first pantheon trinket. I was going for OS spec legendaries and got an eonars compassion. Okay, my fault. I’ll get it next time, 8 weeks later... what’s not really said is that after that all pantheon trinkets are random. The boomkin one drops while in feral spec... which is completely garbage for me. So, now with the system as it stands I now have to possibly wait 16 (yay RNG!) weeks till I can get my proper trinket... which if sims are to believed is a 9% dps increase. Because of one mistake I now am an active dps liability for my guild. Edit: was in feral spec for my 2nd trinket and for boomkin one. I also still have a chance to get the wrong trinket. 1) this system punishes multi role classes (worst for Druids) 2) it’s proabably too late for this expansion to fix this... but please address it now so it’s not an issue down the road.Growlhound2 11h
13h LF Tov Mythic The Chosen Lf a Raid group doing Trial of valor Mythic-The Chosen before its gone next expansionCaptfreeman2 13h
17h Really cool that you can get kicked from a dungeon simply cause there's 3 friends in there who decide to vote kick for no reason. Really cool feature BlizzardTacotuesday5 17h
18h Morning M+ Team Forming I'm looking to form a solid team that can train during the times listed below. Consistency is key. Name: Ctrl Alt Del Playtimes: Weekdays (11:00am to 2:00pm CST) Mythic+ Score: Currently seeking 2.5k+ for tryouts. ilvl Requrement: Looking for 960+ Current Needs: Everyone who meets our reqs and can make our times will receive a tryout. Will consider all exceptional players. Contact: My IGN is Gamercop. My RealID is Gamercop#1941. My Discord is Gamercop#7979. My Twitch is www.twitch.tv/gamercop81 Stream www.twitch.tv/gamercop81 Streaming every morning during our times: 11:00am to 2:00pm. Come watch some high level M+ runs from a tank PoV!Gamercop1 18h
23h Utgarde Pinnacle Abomination disease Asking for Druid healing assistance with this damn DoT. Is there any way to mitigate the hell it produces? The damage output is tremendous and I have absolutely no way to cleanse/dispel it.Orgullug3 23h
1d [A] 1800~ Balance Druid LF M+ Like the title says, I'm a 960/1800~ rated Balance Druid (Alliance) looking for people in my range to run keys with. Would really just like a group to run some 15s-18s with weekly, and start working on pushing as we gear/experience. I do not play this game full time, I do not expect anyone else too either. If you want to talk more, or run some dungeons my btag is Nobb#1916.Reformed0 1d
1d Scenarios scaling to level 110? So I wanted to show my friends that are new to WoW the Theramore's Fall Scenario tonight, but upon entering it, all of the enemies are showing as SKULL level mobs, instead of, as I expected, level 90. I don't recall seeing this changed in the patch notes, and I had hoped for a quick and easy run to do some lore things. Is anyone else having this issue? Is it intentional?Chackiejan9 1d
1d 3.1k Resto Druid LF set M+ team Currently 964 equipped, 3.1k rated resto druid looking for a set squad to push keys with and get into competing in the MDI. Add me on battle.net=Tmacin#1690Blazintree0 1d
1d Dungeon Finder all im doing is leveling a toon. and for simply asking "Tank, do you mind pulling slightly faster?" I get the reply "You should have played a tank" and then get removed from group 2 seconds later. Like hmmmmmmmmmm. Im a shaman, I can't tank. Why so much hostility ? This has happened twice this week btw. It seems like people are so unbelievably fragile in these dungeon finder groups. Should honestly just get rid of the kick player option. It's stupid. If people want to leave group, fine, then make the penalty 15 minutes, not 30, just like BG deserter.Raikiri2 1d
1d Holy Priest viable for higher M+s? Good afternoon all! I really enjoy the challenge of M+ dungeons :). Frankly the main reason I love to play overall. I've been back to game for awhile now, gearing up and trying higher and higher level M+s with my holy priest here. Question - as a holy priest, am I going to be limited to sub-+10 dungeons (i.e., not get many higher groups)? I usually listen in the chats about "disc" and "druid" healing best for higher M+s, just want to know if I should think of switching? Yes, Yes, looking at my raider.io shows I haven't done many M+s overall on this toon, but I have been a healer of some sort forever in WoW. I seem to get quite a few declines even at the 929 iLvl for 8/9s. Just completed a +10 with a (different) guild group that needed a healer (we pushed their 7, and their 7 went fine), and they said I did a good job (tank even friended me, as I mentioned I'd love to do more). We made the timer, but the tank said we'd have been faster if the DPS wasn't trying to outdo each other vs mechanics ;). Even complemented a few times on the run for saving the wipe when they knew it was a bad pull/agro. Thoughts/ideas? Is it fine to be holy if I know my class, etc, or are the mechanics just going to limit me against more mobile healers (i.e., should just bag it now and work on a druid, which I've played on another server). Thanks!Salteez7 1d
1d Farming Astral Cloud Serpent Any ideas on the best Raid level to SOLO farm this mount in Mogu'shan Vaults? I have been doing Heroic 10 man - but I notice that Normal 25 man gives more drops and I am wondering if more drops=better chance at the mount. Or is Heroic 25 man even better? Thanks for any thoughts!Gezer3 1d
1d Oh good, Blizzard is listening and fixed TW Feb 20 Hotfix: The health of most enemies in Pit of Saron has been reduced by 50% in Timewalking. Well they fixed it for 7.3 since Pit was the only one people would drop the group for upon getting, someone needs to let them know we're on 7.3.5 now and all Timewalking is an awful timesink instead of a fun nostalgic quick run through past content that has tripled queue times. Though they should have that information.....cause this is their game. -_-Emeraude10 1d
1d Titanforged frustration It seems like Blizz has taken a turn towards Mythic raiding if you are in search of upgrades. I have only got like 1 titanforged item in a M+ in like three weeks. I have only seen like 3, maybe 4 titanforged items total(including other party items drops) in that time period. I have been stuck at 965-968 for awhile now. I am sure I use to get at least 2-3 titanforged items a week just in the last patch. Now the rate has seemed to drop drastically and the only people I see with good gear are from Mythic raid drops or the weekly chest. It really takes away the incentive of running M+ between raid weeks. I hope Blizz looks into this, because I have lost the drive to pursue that nice TF drop, when weeks in you get squat!! So my play time is starting to dwindle. I am not a raider and like running M+ just for TF drops! Anyone know if the TF drop rate goes up with higher keys?Drezia11 1d
1d Become a Stronger Raid Leader - Tips Greetings, Since Burning Crusade, I have participated in and have been a Raid and Guild Leader for different levels of groups. Other than the various strategies and compositions, my biggest takeaway of each group was the different leadership styles. Some have been bad/close to awful, some have been mediocre and some have been good/close to great. I wanted to share some thoughts on how to become a stronger raid leader. What does it mean to be a raid leader? Before we dive into this complicated question, we must first conceptualize what a raid group is. A raid group is a group of players working together for a common goal. This seems similar to a business. A business is a group of people working together for a common interest. Taking the concept that a raid group is similar to a business, we can now determine what's needed to be efficient. A strong leader as well as a strong manager provides efficiency. As a raid leader, you must be both. Let's break it down a little bit further. What is the difference between a leader and a manager? • A leader gets people to understand and believe in their vision and to work with people to achieve goals. • A manager administrates and makes sure the day-to-day operations are happening as they should. What characteristics make a strong leader? • Honesty and Integrity. This is crucial as you need your group to believe you and buy into your vision. • Vision. You know where you are, where you want to go and work with your group for future plans. • Inspiration. Inspire your group to be all they can be by making sure they understand their role. • Ability to Challenge. Do not be afraid to challenge the normal. Do things differently and have the courage to think outside the box. • Communication Skills. Keep your group informed for the entirety of your goal. What characteristics make a strong manager? • Vision Execution. Take a vision and break it down into various tasks your group needs to complete. • Delegation. The ability to take day-to-day tasks and assign various group members to complete those tasks. • Process Management. Establish rules, processes, standards and procedures. • People Focused. Look after your group, your group’s needs, listen to your group and involve them. How does one combine these characteristics? There are multiple ways to combine these characteristics. For World of Warcraft specifically, there are some fundamental principles which will allow you to do so. • Confidence. Even if you are unsure of yourself, showing fear and not having a firm grip on keeping your ground, you immediately lose your groups willingness to follow you. • Positivity. Nothing good ever comes from being negative. Instead of always placing blame or looking at a task as impossible, work out a possible solution. A simple change is sometimes all that's needed to complete a difficult task. • Approachable. You want your group members to feel that they can come to you in a time of need. The more you support them, the more they will invest their time and the more motivated they will be. • Communicator. Staying quiet is not going to lead to success. You need to be able to communicate with your group and tell them what's going on. • Development. You don’t have to be the best player in your group, but you need to be able to show that you care about optimizing your character and ability. • Awareness. You’ll need to be able to devise your own strategies at certain points. What other groups may do can work, but your team is different. • Knowledge. You need to know what your group members are capable of, what their roles do and how to benefit from certain composition mixes. • Decisions. Decisions will have to be made quickly and effectively. These decisions can impact what boss you pull next, who you use a battle res on and so on. • Delegation. Utilize your group members for anything you may not be strong with. For instance, if you don’t know all the healer cool downs, you can assign a healing leader to take control of that aspect. Inclusion leads to investment and motivation. • Authority. You need credibility in order to gain the attention of your group members. Credibility can be only viewed if you are in a position of authority, as you will need to make tough decisions. Do not let outside interference get in your way. • Mediator. While a raid leader needs sole discretion to properly lead, you sometimes land in a position where someone may be uncomfortable talking with you. You need to find a mediator within your group who can be the "middle man" and provide you information if someone has an issue they don't bring to you directly.ßelnor5 1d
1d quickening blade of the prince Heroic or normal? The game says Normal and online says heroic but the views are conflicting can someone set the record straight. I have gotten the white hawkstrider on normal so I want to know if you can get the sword to.Dragndeath1 1d
1d M+ saved the game Title says it all. Comments??Shåped36 1d
1d Item level 930: Heroic or Mythic raids? Hello! I am about to reach L930 this week by buying Relinquished items. Can I participate now just in Heroic raids or already in Mythic raids? Thank you!Fetitoo6 1d
1d TW is getting worse and worse 45 min queue time for 1/5. 1hr 15 minutes attempting to do 2/5? Wtf blizzard?Sevardo33 1d
1d Premade Group: Dungeon search results vary according to spec Why do the Premade Group: Dungeon search results vary according to what spec I am in? Changing specs will yield different search results. Additionally, the bottom half of the list shows groups that are already full with the role I'm currently speced in. Shouldn't it show groups that are still searching for my role??? For example, if I'm speced as resto, the search results yield groups that are full on the healer role. If I change to guardian, the search results change to show groups that are full on the tank role. Shouldn't it behave opposite to this? Why wouldn't it show groups that are looking for the role that I am hoping to fill? If I want to join a group as a healer, I have to search Premade groups while in guardian spec for it to show groups that are seeking a healer. Why is it even tailoring the search results? It should give me the option to filter out groups that are currently full of a selected role.Pewkin8 1d
1d No idea what to do outside of LFR/LFG So I'm quite new to the game, having not done any dungeons or raids outside of LFR: questing being more enjoyable since Legion is my first expansion to the game. I want to do Hellfire Citadel since I haven't done it before, but when i enter it (not by LFG), the first instance (Hellfire Assault) doesn't begin, so none of the others do and I can't progress.Doozycooch2 1d
2d TW feels like M10+ I queued up on one of my tanks to test the scaling in TW. Queue popped and I entered the dungeon. My group was geared. All 930+ ilvl including myself. I pulled first group of trash. Took the same amount of time to kill trash in TW that it does in M10. Really? I left the dungeon. Not going to spend 45 min to finish one TW.Wickedlock28 2d
2d [FEEDBACK] Ulduar Timewalking Current Build: 7.3.5.25996 Realm Status: LIVE So, I decided to join a group on my realm for Timewalking in Ulduar tonight. We were a group of (10) Players, And had little difficulty getting the first boss down. As we advanced we started to find that some of the other bosses were a little over tuned for Timewalking. We got to The Assembly of Iron and could not get the bosses down. We tried various strategies before giving up and moving on to attempt Kologarn instead and go back to the other boss perhaps later. Well with Kologarn, We had pretty much same issue. We killed the hands when it grabbed players, But the player that got gripped would die before we could free them. Even with all of us attacking it. Then when we got the hands then, We got overwhelmed by the little rock adds which wiped the group pretty much instantly. After trying to get the above bosses down for well over (1) hour, I decided to cut my losses and drop the group. Basically from what I've noted is that the Timewalking version of Ulduar is more difficult than what it was current content. Or perhaps instead, We are not being tuned properly for this Timewalking Raid. Any tips are welcome since I plan to re-run it eventually for transmog gear hopefully. Just wanted to post my feedback so hopefully the game developers read this and implement some changes hopefully. :-) Xanlorash [The Insane]Xanlorash12 2d
2d All LFR bosses go on strike Which raid and boss spot would your favourite character fill in? Blizz will resize you to the appropriate size for the encounter. But mechanics you will have to make up based on your kit and trinkets (scaled up to raid boss power). Me : Nighthold. Spellblade Aluriel. Trinkets : Might of Krosus and Claw of Crystalline Scorpid. (Strikers demand that blizz does something about "them". It's so humiliating being beaten by "them").Tridiak0 2d
2d LF M+ Cross Realm Team Hi, I've been wanting to join up with a group and try to work on some higher level mythic keystones. I do my best to pug keys under 15s but have issues getting accepted into 15s and up. A little about me: I'm a regular guy, working a (normally) 8-5 job, with a wife and kid. I raid on Friday/Saturday/Sundays with my guild. However, I'm not able to find anyone within my current guild willing to do 15+ keystones on a regular basis (or work towards getting to that 15 mark on a consistent basis). And no one seems to be interested in trying to learn or put in the repair bills if the dungeon isn't going well. I'd rather finish what I start, preferably with some time still left on the clock. But if it doesn't work out I'm ok with that, as long as I get a chance to learn. I currently hold around a 1.6k Raider.io score (https://raider.io/characters/us/silvermoon/Ignane) and always try to pick up 2-3 pug keys a week between a 12-14 if I can find them. I also have a prot pally alt that I may be interested in trying higher keys with, but would prefer to fill a DPS role with my mage if possible. I use the pally to lead an alt raid on Sundays for Normal Antorus with the guild.... have filled in a little Heroic, but nothing major there. I would like to think that I'm a quick learner and listen to instruction well, but at the same time I don't want to join a bunch of "kids" that ragequit if I make a mistake once or twice. I come into the game as a way to forget about adulting for a bit. I do have a mic and use Discord for raiding, but don't care to talk much (talk enough at work, not really into it when I get home... can talk if I need to or if there's something important to say, otherwise, ehh...) If there's anyone out there looking to work towards the same goal(s) as me, please reach out to me... Battle.net: GrumpyGamer#11838 Discord: GrumpyGamer#8110Ignane0 2d
2d MDI recruitment Looking for 3 other people, a tank and two dps. We are looking to get a group together to compete for the Mythic Dungeon Invitational. Working on progressing through higher keys and perfecting mechanics. I play Boomkin, and our healer is Resto druid. Looking for calm people to have a good time.Strankes4 2d
2d Is anyone still doing mythic tomb? I've tried pugging it but I need my legs from mistress / avatar, and despite trying to pug this for over a month I've given up. I've never seen any group made it past 75% on Mistress, if they even try at all. I really want to finish my bloody tomb set though... So, anyone have any ideas that don't involve waiting 12 months?Drosera4 2d
2d Raid lockout sharing Stealth Nerf 7.3.5 Raid lockout sharing is no longer working where it did. This is a major slap in the face to those of us with poor RNG still farming some of these.Garuna17 2d
2d Trying to find the correct path First off, I know this is going to sound pretty silly to some, but I am totally lost so please bear with me. I am trying to work on Essence of Power and In Nightmares. I have read they are not in the normal queuing for raids. So how do you find it? Do you look in premade groups or do you have ask for help within your guild?Lørddråggon2 2d