Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios

May 11 Mord's Learn2raid Community Events This Is For The Players Who Want To Raid But Cant Because Reasons If you are someone who wants to try this raiding thing but gets turned off by the vocal minority of Raiders in this game, then this thread is for you. If you are someone who just wants to raid in a low-pressure group that cares more about killing bosses and having a good time, then this thread is for you. If you are someone who wants to LEARN to raid without being berated for low dps, low awareness, etc., then this thread is for you. If you have Autism or any other disability that would keep you out of PuGs in LFG do not be afraid of joining this group. I'm diagnosed with Developmental Dyspraxia and other developmental disabilities and a panic disorder and I'm not ashamed of who I am. I have difficulties others take very light, especially when it comes to learning new things. I know for a fact, everyone learns differently. Every group I lead is different. I don't lead carry runs, I can't promise kills but what I can promise is you will experience a judgement-free raiding environment and you will learn how to do many things in Raids. I'm not perfect at how to lead but I do my best at helping people overcome barriers. This is for beginners, players with disabilities, and anyone else who wants to help people get into raiding and move past LFR. How to Sign up Character Name Class Role Item Level Event Date You can also join my Community on Battle.net by clicking on this link: https://blizzard.com/invite/bWNkgF2Ke. This will open a window in your browser that will open up your battle.net launcher and ask if you want to join this group: Mord's Learn2Raid. When these communities integrate into WoW in BFA, I will be able to schedule events using the in game calendar!!!!! Until then, if you want to know when I will host a learning raid, I will post here in this thread as long as I have access or in the Mord's learn2raid group. Current Learning Raid Sign Ups 3/9/2018 Sign ups: Morde, rogue, DPS, 904, 3.9.18 Pallytaur, paladin, tank, 897, 3.9.18 Who to Contact in Game to get an invite to Raid? Join our community group: https://blizzard.com/invite/bWNkgF2Ke Community Video Guides for Learn2Raid (Legion only) Emerald Nightmare Guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiMxEaKdoLc Trial of Valor Guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZS78mRperec Nighthold Guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPeCnQSyKhA&list=PLP2xqcboFhzbBiKwro4aBliRGfUuh6F7Y Tomb of Sargeras: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gcm8v7W3zvI&list=PLP2xqcboFhzaL_QoSseWPPQg5zwcp95kH Upcoming Learning Raids for 2018 Friday 3/9/2018 @ 4pm PST/7pm EST Heroic Nighthold Learning raid (level 110 raid, no overly geared people, 920 ilvl max). Friday 3/16/2018 @ 4pm Mythic Emerald Nightmare Learning raid (level 110 raid) 940 ilvl maximum.Mordecaí1275 May 11
May 5 MDI APAC Rescheduling During last week’s broadcast of the Mythic Dungeon Invitational Asia Pacific Region, numerous recurring issues with an Australian internet service provider caused significant internet outages for a large number of our competitors. Due to these extreme circumstances, we had to postpone several of the remaining matches in order to preserve tournament integrity. In order to fit the remaining matches into the current MDI schedule, 4 of the remaining 7 matches will be played off-broadcast over the next week, and we will share the outcome of those matches with you! However, we will be broadcasting the APAC Upper, Lower, and Grand Finals on Saturday, May 5th, after the Day 1 Broadcast of the MDI Americas Group Stage. Broadcasts for the APAC Upper, Lower, and Grand finals will begin approximately: PDT: 18:00, Saturday, May 5 EDT: 21:00, Saturday, May 5 AEST: 11:00, Sunday, May 6These matches will determine which teams get to advance to the MDI Global Finals on June 22nd, so don’t miss them! (Both Days of the Americas Group Stage broadcast will begin at their originally scheduled time of 1pm Eastern/10am Pacific. Day 1 will have 6 matches, and then the 3 APAC final matches. Day 2 will have the remaining 8 matches of the Americas Group Stage).Ythisens6 May 5
Nov 19, 2014 Raid Lockout Systems Lockouts at a Glance Raid lockouts limit the number of times a character can kill a boss in a week for a chance at obtaining loot from that boss. Throughout the years, different raid lockout systems have been used, and multiple systems exist in the game depending on the system used at the time a raid was introduced. To check your current raid lockouts press your ‘O’ key in-game, select the Raid tab, and click on Raid Info in the upper right. This will display your current lockouts, and time left until they reset. There are three types of raid lockouts used in the game. Loot-based Lockout Used for: All Raid Finder raids, Siege of Orgrimmar Normal/Heroic, Warlords raids Normal/Heroic. You can kill a boss as many times per week as you like, but only loot it once per difficulty. Anyone can join anyone’s instance. Bosses are never locked to you, and you can always go back and kill them later even if you’ve skipped them by joining a group that had progressed further. Raid sizes can be anywhere from 10 to 30 players, and difficulty automatically scales to match. Flexible Boss-based Lockout Used for: Normal difficulty raids from Wrath of the Lich King through Throne of Thunder. You can only kill a boss once per week, and you may not enter an instance where a boss is alive that you have already defeated that week. You can move from group to group during a week as long as you’re joining instances that don’t have bosses alive you’ve already killed. If you enter an instance that is more progressed than your own and get saved to it, you will be locked to all prior bosses. You can move between 10 and 25 raid size, given these constraints. Strict Instance-based Lockout Used for: All classic raids (Molten Core through Sunwell), Heroic difficulty of Wrath of the Lich King raids through Throne of Thunder, and all Mythic difficulty raids. Progress is tied to a fixed instance ID. Once tied to an instance ID, you may not enter any other versions of that raid of that difficulty until your raid lock resets. If other players complete that instance while you are absent, the instance will be empty for you as well, because progress is tied to the instance, and not your character. You may not switch between 10-player and 25-player raid size once locked to one size or the other (does not apply to Mythic which is 20-player only).Bashiok0 Nov 19, 2014
Oct 26, 2010 Welcome: Please Read! Welcome to the Dungeons and Raids forum! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss raids and dungeons with your fellow World of Warcraft players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy, so we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct (http://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct) and guidelines (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15252595157) before posting. Important Reminders: Search The search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely effective and robust. Before you create a new forum topic, please be use it to search for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer for which you are looking. Making a new thread on an existing subject can result in your thread being deleted or, if you continue to re-post the same content, the loss of your forum privileges for spamming. Rating The forum rating system can be used to promote positive discussion, demote unhelpful comments, and even report posts that violate the forum Code of Conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with several options, including a "thumbs up" (Like) and a "thumbs down" (Dislike) icon. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon will rate the post up. If enough people like a post, it will gain a Highly Rated status and appear at the top of related search results. Highly Rated posts will also have a highlighted background. Clicking the "thumbs down" icon will expand a drop-down menu which will include "Dislike," "Trolling, "Spam" and "Report" options. "Dislike" will rate the post down. If enough people dislike a post, it will be darkened, and with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden completely. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of a violation. Please note that you can only rate each post once. Use your power wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Have fun posting on these forums, and good luck with your adventures in Azeroth!Lylirra1 Oct 26, 2010
3h Do you need that? Am I the only one who is getting annoyed that every time something drops in a PUG that you get these whispers ?Bonsaï4 3h
3h Mythic DNG Ilvl So I'm out of the loop and would like to know what the "Acceptable" Ilvl is now a day. Example being most my characters are around 900ish Ilvl give or take. What level would you say I could get into?Ingraham16 3h
13h Viz'aduum the Watcher Hi, So a few friends of mine were running a +23 Upper Karazhan today, and it was safe to say we were on track to clear the dungeon on time, maybe even a +2 chest..that is, until we got to the final boss. We RIP'd the key with 23 minutes over time, which was to everyone in the party's surprise, but also relief, when we finally got it. I'm writing this today to express my annoyance for mechanics that are either buggy on this fight, or in general, just poor design. Going into Battle for Azeroth, it's pretty clear that Mythic+ is going to be one of the biggest, most competitive, most fun, and most challenging, pieces of content in the entire expansion. (sorry Island Expeditions). Knowing this, I think blizzard has a pretty large responsibility exclusively in the Mythic+ Area, because bad game design like this ruins the player experience, or at least it did for me and my party. A Few things about this boss (Note: All damage listed on the abilities are from Mythic+0 Dungeon Journal, so for a +23, its around 710% more. "Command: Fel Beam" Viz'aduum the Watcher commands the Legion Command Ship to target an enemy with Fel Beam. Fel Beam inflicts 335,384 Fire damage every 0.5 sec and creates Fel Flames in its wake. - As a Windwalker monk, I have a lot of mobility, but if I get targeted from this ability, there's a 50% chance ill die due to RNG, Because the beam can spawn anywhere around you. If the targeting circle hits you smack bang in the middle, you're pretty much dead if you aren't the tank. not even roll or Flying Serpent Kick could land me out of a situation like that. To me, that's pretty poor boss design. A solution would be to have a short grace period if you want the beam to land right on the player straight away, or if not that, at least set the beam to be a few yards behind a player. It's not fair burning Battle Rezzes on stuff completely out of your control. Secondly, Disintegrate: - Inflicts 855,720 Fire damage to all enemies in front of the caster knocking the target back. note "In front of the caster". this was not the case for us. In some instances, we would be on a completely different side to Where Viz'aduum was facing, and we would get knocked back. In one case, our Rogue shadowstepped to the boss, and got knocked back while being behind him. I don't know about you, but if a boss does something that doesn't follow the dungeon journal properly, i'd say that's pretty bad design. We had enough wipes to know what was "in front of the caster" or not. We definitely outskilled the dungeon, but the RNG? or bugginess? of this encounter ripped us the key from partially this mechanic. Lastly, Chaotic Shadows: Inflicts 241,384 Shadow Damage Every 2 sec for 10 sec. When Chaotic Shadows is dispelled or expires it causes orbs of Explosive Shadows to form nearby and move away from the target. Note: The Explosive Shadows are predictable, as they always spawn around the player in a perfect circle and move in the same direction according to where they were on the player. (it kind of continuously makes a bigger circle) The problem with this ability is that either you stand still and negate the mechanic (whilst being at risk of other abilities like Disintegrate, or stuff to dodge on the floor) or slightly move trying to dodge abilities (and risk getting one shot again by clipping the circles) I'm not sure of a perfect solution for this, other than to use a defensive cooldown, but It was still quite annoying. Again, we want to have fun next expansion (and this one too, obviously), but these sorts of poor design flaws get in the way of that. Thanks.Dave33 13h
19h LFR tanking Hello, I'm still new to the game but I've noticed that the LFR is constantly looking for tanks. Every time I get on I can easily find one or two antorus wings that are offering bonuses if you queue up as a tank. I've also noticed M+ groups are usually missing a tank. Why is this? I assumed with only 2 tank positions being open it would be harder for me to get into raids but it seems to be the opposite. Does no one want to tank? Or do all of the tanks quickly join guilds to do runs? I'm having a lot of fun tanking and I'd love to keep doing it but I was just curious on why there seemed to be so few tanks in WOWFuzz1 19h
20h Raid difficulty Hey everyone. As you can see I am doing OK in the LFR and have near completed the entire list for Legion. However, this is just LFR. How do you que in LFR for normal, heroic and mythic raids? or are these levels shut off to LFR? if so how do you get in them?Medrasta3 20h
1d Raider io Hate it. It's terrible for alts. I get why people use it, but I don't think it's a fair metric. I still don't even know how it works, I just know that it took a good amount of 15s to get my main's score up, and I have about 4 other 110s to gear. /rantDigitalfear27 1d
1d Unable to solo iron maidens mythic? Hi, I just resubbed after a long time, so I decided to go back and solo all the draenor raids just so I can see the content. I'm finding, however, that I cannot solo the iron maidens. What happens is that I try to burn one down quickly, but I can't seem to kill any before someone jumps on the ship. If I chase the person on the ship, the encounter resets. However, if I kill anyone on the platform, the iron cannon on the ship starts firing at me directly instead of launching bombs. The issue is that once I kill the two on the platform, I can jump to the ship just fine. However, the constant barrage of cannon fire interrupts my attempts to sabotage the cannon, so I eventually just die unable to stop the cannon from firing. Am I missing something?Goodarthas6 1d
1d Trial of Valor Raid not yet available I tried to enter the Trial of Valor instance with my raid and it warned me that the "Trial of Valor is not yet available". This character was boosted from a class trial to 110 and I have an item level of 873. I can join the looking for raid for it, but can't enter it with the guild. Thoughts on why I couldn't get in?Nodrim1 1d
1d The Cod Squad - Positive Gaming Community Good day all, My name is Cod and I am a part of the Convert to Raid community on Aerie Peak. I have created a dungeon running community to help people experience dungeons and raids in a positive and helpful environment. Who we are: The Cod Squad is a group / dungeon running team that will be running in Legion and beyond. Our team is based off of a couple of principles: This group is for everyone. From “beginners” to “experts” Alliance mostly with some Horde We will wipe, we will try again, we will win Positivity and friendships are required This group is not just about completing Mythics and Mythic+ dungeons. This group is about enjoying dungeons, group content and other activities with friends. Nothing is as awesome as killing internet dragons with your friends. Nothing feels as empty as joining a random dungeon and having a great run…but then just looting the last boss and dropping group. I want to put back the feels into running dungeons. We also make some promises: We will never ask you to change your class or spec We will never link DPS logs in runs We will never link HPS logs in runs We will never say “You can’t” You will never get yelled at You will never be asked about your iLevel You will never be told you cannot go based on ranged / melee I promise you that if I hear of any of this happening…it will be stopped immediately and the member who violated the rule talked with. Requirements to join: Right now The Cod Squad is up in running on Aerie Peak server as a part of the Convert to Raid Guild. The best thing about my group is that you DO NOT have to server transfer. Everything can be run though using people’s Real ID’s. Here are the requirements to join: Have a max level toon Be willing to learn Be patient Have Discord (Mic recommended) That’s it. No silly ilevel requirements, no DPS requirements, heal requirements, etc. This group is for everyone! We want to help you with your group content needs! There are also no time requirements. You do not have to sign up for times to do activities. You are not obligated to do X amount of runs in Y time. We run when you need us. Now…that doesn’t mean we run 24/7….but we can usually get someone into runs pretty quickly. As we grow…so do the times we run. But I expect that after spending some time with us…you will want to keep doing things with us. How to Join: There are a couple of ways to get yourself into our great group…and it all starts with having a small conversation with me. Here are the many ways to get in touch with me: Real ID: Captcodfish#1784 (fills up quick so also add me on these...) Twitter: @gamingwithcod Discord: CaptainCodfish#4029 Every member of my team gets a one-on-one with me so I can make sure we are on the same page. I like talking with people and hearing people get excited about what we are doing. I like to keep this personal touch….I think it helps people feel like we are more friendly / more like a home than a group of randoms. At the end of the meeting I welcome you to our family. Cod Squad Goals: I have set some personal goals for our team. Some that are really hard and some that are pretty easy. For BFA here are a couple of major goals: To become your preferred method of finding Mythic and Mythic + dungeons To help people with any group content (WQ, Profession quests,etc. ) To help people gain experience with Mythic + and push the content To help people learn other classes and even teach people how to raid Those are some of the major goals we are trying to complete. I also will spend as much time as I can recruiting, reaching out and talking with people who feel like they cannot find groups for dungeon content. I truly believe in leave no player behind. No…we may not be running +15 +16 +17 runs right now….but we will make sure that everyone has a chance to experience end game dungeon content. So. Raiders, non raiders, beginners, experts, anyone who wants to belong to a family style dungeon running group….we are here and we want to help. #leavenoplayerbehindUncodly8 1d
2d (Mythic) Blackhand resetting I seem to recall you could position yourself against the wall to prevent Shattering Smash from knocking you onto the balcony, but that doesn't seem to be working anymore. Now it always pushes me UP the wall, and sometimes he resets even if I don't land on the balcony, because I simply spend too long in the air and he pretends he can't reach me. Can we get a fix for this? (And maybe no more bosses using this stupid mechanic? It wasn't even relevant at level 100, it NEVER needed to be such a substantial knockback and was ONLY ever going to cause issues like this in the future.)Ekhana4 2d
2d Faction Gap in Mythic Raiding. No. This isn't really about racials. The difference in them are close enough. Arcane Torrent is still a big deal but has at least increased in cooldown in BFA. My concern about this is that the raiding community has been trickling to the horde side. This has been a concern starting in TBC after Horde has received Paladins (up until which point, Alliance has been greatly preferred for PvE content), as most horde racials were stronger for sustained damage and resources compared to Alliance. After the racials have been tweaked enough that they are roughly stronger, there is simply no incentive for guilds to go back to Alliance as the raiding community has been more established. Looking at the top 100 guilds, only 15 are alliance and 1 (Scrubusters) have confirmed they are going horde. This is a big discrepancy because if we look at wow population as a whole, Alliance and Horde players are roughly equal. Expanding that 10 times and looking at the top 1000 guilds, the ratio isn't as off, but only about 320 guilds are alliance. Even on Alliance heavy server like Sargeras, you like guilds like Midwinter who have also confirmed they are going horde in BFA for recruitment purposes, and several others that are talking about it (anonymous until they officially announce it). I am kind of afraid that the pace at which this is happening is accelerating, but it also seems to me that there is really no way to solve this issue other than either 1. Make alliance pve racial so blatantly overpowered again to force a counter migration and then nerf them again. This is a very shady way to handle things, 2. Allow for cross-faction raiding. This is also something that is very tricky and can anger the mass who are not involved nor concerned about Mythic raiding, or raiding in general, as Alliance versus horde may be a core value for them, despite the fact that Alliance and Horde always come together for most PvE contents. I think it's a pretty big concern that the raiding community is continuously, and increasingly, shifting towards the horde side because of a positive feedback loop. You have guilds going horde to look for more players> more alliance players are more enticed to go horde> process repeats. The main issue i see is that there seems to be no incentive for Blizzard to fix this imbalance. In fact, they seem to benefit from all the transfer transaction cost, so I'm really not sure if anything can and will be done about it. So I guess my question for discussion is as follows 1. For Mythic raiders of all progression levels that have friends on both sides, do you notice either side having an easier time recruiting on either faction? Do you have dilenma of leaving your other friends behind because/if your guild decide to transfer? 2, For the non-Mythic raiders. Does it ruin your gameplay if cross-faction raiding is enabled in some way? any other input is greatly appreciated as well. I personally play in a decent mythic raiding environment, and everyday more and more of my friends' guild are either considering or have decided to go horde, and I think at some point this expansion my own guild is going to bring this to the table as well, and frankly I am pretty concerned about this.Enyet20 2d
2d "Link KSM" Why do some players use KSM as a judge of ability to do keys? My main has had KSM since 7.1-ish, when a 15 would be as hard as a 10 is nowadays. Sure, I could link it to appease whoever, but it had no meaning as to my shaman's skill in a +15 now. Anywho, just wondering if anyone else had this same thought.Imistu3 2d
2d Heroic Coven What is the hardest fight in H-Antorus, and why is it Heroic Coven?Reginzeal45 2d
2d Question about Attunemen the Huntsman Hi guys, I am not sure what to do with the ability "shared suffering" when the Attunemen boss casts it during my mythic+ 16 run earlier (lower Karazhan). Some people tell me to stack with tank while others say don't. If I were to stack with the tank, I am assuming ill use an immunity to avoid damage. However what if the ability gets cast again? Do I just avoid stacking the second time, or just avoid completely?Myystii10 2d
2d Dungeon/Raid Addon? Helpppp So one of the worse things blizzard ever did was remove the progression info from the LFR and dungeon finder queue window. It was super simple, and if you queue'd for a dungeon, it would tell you which one you got into (like it still does) and it would also tell you if it was in progress, and how far into the dungeon and raid they still were. Now a days it just says 'JOIN GROUP'. With no idea where you're going or whether its in progress or not. With LFR it's a little different because you know which leg of which raid you are queuing up for. The issue I am having though, as a tank, is every time I queue up I get into a raid that is already in progress, on the last boss of the leg. literally 8 times out of 10 that occurs. EVEN IF say... I'm in the last leg of Antorus, and i get a group on Argus. i stay, kill him, queue up, I'll get right back into a different group that's in the same situation! If i leave, then I get deserter, if i asked to be kicked, i get deserter. made a ticket about it and the GM told me if i engage combat with the boss for 20-30 seconds and wipe the raid, then leave, i won't get it. so thats been my route for the last 3 weeks. But i feel like a @*@#*%## for doing that. Point of all of this is, I'm trying to find out If there is addon out yet that will tell me if a raid is in progress already, and if it is, how far into it are they. So I can avoid situations like this. I'm not even sure if it is possible, but i really hope it is. I need an addon to do this, or blizzard to just display the information like they used it..... Any information is very appreciated, thank you. sorry about the terrible grammar, I'm pretty aggravated at the moment.Darrøw6 2d
2d Raid lockout sharing Stealth Nerf 7.3.5 Raid lockout sharing is no longer working where it did. This is a major slap in the face to those of us with poor RNG still farming some of these.Garuna79 2d
2d Silverknight's thoughts on the Mythic+ system Let me start by saying that the Mythic+ dungeon system has made this expansion the best since Wrath and BC for me. I quit raiding shortly after Nighthold started. Since then the majority of my kills in raids came through pugs, because I wanted to run dungeons in place of doing pretty much anything else in the game. Obviously, I feel there’s room for improvement, but seeing as this was their first crack at the scaling dungeon system, I’d call it a massive success. Keep in mind I’m speaking from the mindset of being a semi-serious M+ player, and mostly playing in pugs without any sort of organized commitment to a schedule. (currently having completed every dungeon at +22 or higher in time). Let me get to the most glaring problems first. 1. Battle rez. Even though an attempt was made to keep people from stacking Brez classes (via the charge system), but it’s still far too powerful and essential to bring to only have a couple classes hold. Why not throw a legendary out there which enables a Brez? Or maybe every healer/tank can Brez, but the charge is pushed to 15 minutes instead of 10 since your group doesn’t have a traditional Brez class? Simply not having Battle rez has put so many players on the bench that would otherwise want to play higher keys. 2. Imbalance of weekly affixes. This has also killed many weeks of play, to the point where there was no point in trying not just because the keys themselves got too hard, but the problem was compounded by the fact that most players knew the it wasn’t worth the effort to even try difficult keys. Let me go through them one by one. Raging/Quaking/Volcanic/Sanguine/Grievous - These are the “easier” ones, and work pretty well. Teeming – This affix is terrible, it’s the only one that gets worse as you go up in levels, because an extra mob gets stronger as the level increases, not like Bursting where the affix is the same on every level. Couple this with the fact that the only weeks’ worth pushing keys are Fortified, it’s a lot worse. If this affix was restricted to just adding an extra standard melee tank-and-spank mob to a bunch of packs, I think it’d work better. Bursting – This one would be fine if it weren’t so horribly imbalanced between dungeons. Maw of souls? No problem. Lower Kara? Forget it. There’s gotta be a way to clean this up a bit. I really hope the team is thinking about these things for the next Xpac. Bolstering – This is probably the most interesting/controversial affix, I think it’s great in the fact that it really tests your groups ability to DPS a certain way. My favorite thing about M+ is the fact that it makes you approach the dungeon differently depending on how high the key is and what affixes and group comp you have, and this affix achieves that so well. I think maybe they dmg component could be nerfed a bit in favor of the health component, and of course this is another one where the dungeon itself can make this affix worse than usual (as with most affixes). Necrotic – This affix is pretty awful, and the reasoning is because it makes tanks play in a way that kind of doesn’t make any sense. Tanking revolves so much around kiting that it just gets stupid (more around this point later). It doesn’t feel like a dungeon anymore, and it’s almost completely dependent on your tank to deal with, not that that’s so bad in and of itself (Grievous is pretty much all on the healer, and Skitt is all on the tank). I think if this were changed to strictly a DoT on the tank, it’d be a better affix. Skittish – While I don’t think this is the worst affix, it scares tanks away to the point where it’s awfully hard to find groups on Skittish week. I think threat needs to be looked at in general (again, more on this point later), but this threat reduction was just too much. It also benches melee most of the time. Explosive – This one would be fine if the number of mobs didn’t influence the number of orbs. You can tell the community dies a bit on Explo week. Tyrannical – This one is the biggest problem. Bosses one hitting in high keys is just dumb, it forces your group to bring multiple Brezes and classes with great defensives. If some abilities could cap their dmg at 99% of player health, I think it’d take some of the edge off this stupidly imbalanced affix. The community pretty much dies every Tyrant week.Silverknight33 2d
2d Time to buff the Aman'Thul's Vision drop rate So I can finally stop using this piece of utter trash Norgannon's Foresight. ATV has no future value in any xpac past Legion so what is the incentive of keeping it so rare? Half of the DPS specs in the game wouldn't even use it if they got it. The only people that even covet it are casters and we definitely got the shaft as far as our pantheon trinket goes. I've seen 3 of them drop. 2 went to windwalker monks, and one to a feral druid. To hear all 3 recipients say, "Well there's a fabulous bank slot item" is beyond infuriating to those of us that would actually use it. You completely dropped the ball with the Arcanocrystal vendor lottery (2500+ trinkets in across two vendors still zip on both main raiding toons) and then you make a Ultra Arcano and make it even more rare? /golfclap for that decision. Time to buff the drop rate...it would be nice to play around with for at least the few months we have left of Legion.Tarantella76 2d
2d 966 Aff Lock LF Mythic+ Group So I've been selling alot +15 keys over the last few weeks for fun with some guildies.. I'm really looking to finding a group to start pushing some 20+ keys! If you have a group and looking for an Affliction lock hit me up! Btag: Wingman#11830Nicholaspew0 2d
2d Viceroy Nezhar trash and Quaking Affix What a sick twisted joke that is. Thanks for the laughs, Blizzard. :PKarenthi5 2d
3d Raid Lockouts and extending. Hello, I have a question regarding lockouts because we collabed with another group this week due to high attendance issues on both ends to raid mythic. Both guilds are 9/11 and plan on extending back to aggramar next week(cleared to agg this week) The problem is no one knows for sure if Raid leader A and Raid leader B extend and zone in separate raid instances if it will be the same instance ID or each will be a different id. A much easier TLDR version is below. Player A and Player B kill mythic boss 1 on week 1 in the same raid grp. Next week they create separate runs and both extend the lockout. Do they have the same ID or two new ones?Meneldùr2 3d
3d My Raider.io and WowProgress not updating. https://raider.io/characters/us/zuljin/Chromaggus My runs for BRH and Neltharion's Lair last night have updated, but not Lower Karazhan or Maw of Souls from 2 days ago. My score should be 1.2k+ but instead I find it more difficult to find groups to join. Anyone know what's going on?Chromaggus14 3d
3d Leveling is doing my head in.. So I am by no means new to this video game. I have been around for quite some time in fact. However today my friends, today I am leveling my resto druid and I enter "Throne of the Tides" Just for an example I'm there fighting Mindbender Ghur'sha, the dungeon guide itself states his front flame cone hits for 15k with a 1.5k dot every second for 10 seconds.....WHAT?!?! The entirety of the tanks HP and it's a simple mechanic, in a regular leveling instance?! I have healed from the first moment I started playing the druid with great success, but I just do not know what I am doing wrong (all of a sudden) Any tips from the MLG pros sure would be gas. Thanks for your time, Fat xxFatmike2 3d
3d Can't See Rolls for Loot in Dungeon Chests I recently came back to playing and am still unfamiliar with the new personal loot and newer looting system in dungeons. A friend of mine (feral druid) and I (holy priest) were doing a dungeon and I opened up a chest which had a +5 stamina ring in it. I hit greed on the ring but I didn't see anyone else's rolls for the ring, someone just got it. In addition, my friend said that he saw the person's greed roll number for the ring in his chat but mine just said that they received the ring, not what they rolled. Is there an option I have off or something to see what people rolled for loot like that? Thank you.Slargh1 3d
4d Mythic Dungeons Learning Group Hello Everyone! I have recently started hosting Premade Mythic Dungeon Learning group for players who are new to the game and for those players who never did Mythic Dungeons before in World of Warcraft I play on Proudmoore Realm If you are a new player who has recently started playing World of Warcraft and feels hesitated to join Mythic Dungeon Pug groups due to lack of experience, you are welcome to be part of this learning group where under stress free and friendly environment you can learn and progress and experience the Mythic dungeons of World of Warcraft Also those who tried Mythic but were unable to get in groups due to barrier entry or don't find the environment of Mythic Pugs comfortable , you are welcome to be part of the learning groups where we will progress the mythic dungeons in friendly and relaxed environment without any tension of getting kicked, raged or insulted by anyone. What you can expect from the Learning Group: A friendly relaxed environment where we try to progress through Mythic Dungeons, we will be starting with Regular Mythic Dungeons, then slowly as we get better gear and experience we continue the progression to Mythic+ and increased levels of Mythic Keystones What I expect from you: Minimum equipped average ilvl of 825-830 : This is the minimum ilvl required to access the regular Mythic Dungeons Willingness to learn AND to wipe : This is Learning group, so there will be a lot of wipes, This is key, Wiping is going to be part of the Mythic Dungeons No insult/abuse/raging at other players : Despite how much we wipe and fail to clear the Mythic dungeon, insulting/abusing/raging at others is strictly not allowed and will result into removal from the group immediately Patience : Since it's a learning group and we are all new to Mythic Dungeons there will be wipes, patience is the key to learning the mechanics of the dungeon and overcoming the challenge Now i am also completely new to Mythic Dungeons, I never did it before so this will be learning for me too. The goal is to create an amazing Mythic dungeon experience for everyone Now timing will be PST morning times, and i plan to host it on weekends (Saturday/Sunday) and weekdays I will be taking up the tanking role Anyone who wishes to be part of this learning group, please contact me on my Btag HELLSCREAM#1690 Thank youItaachi18 4d
4d Mythic+ Maw of Souls with Explosive Affix Hi guys. So this week the key I got out of my class hall chest is +18 Maw of Souls. Like any other week, I like to run a lower level key of the same dungeon to practice a bit before pushing my key. I got in a +15 maw pug and everything was going well until we got to the first boss (Yimiron). During his add phase, there were just too many fel orbs spawning for us to deal with. We tried soaking the bane ability to decrease the number of adds spawned but it still wasn't enough. As a resto shaman I couldn't afford to hard cast to help kill orbs. I basically flame shock orbs on cooldown and use lava burst procs to deal some damage to them while attempting to keep the party alive. We attempted him four times before the party split. I was wondering if anyone has any insight on how to deal with this boss on tyrannical with explosive on a high key. Maybe we just had bad party composition. We had 1 melee (arms warrior) and 2 casters (ele shaman and frost mage) as dps. Thank you all in advance for your advice. Cheers!Oddyssus12 4d
4d Raid Player Bar Issues I queued into a raid the other night and all of a sudden the whole raid had giant multicolored floating cast bars over their heads. It literally hadn't been like this even two hours before during another raid. I have tried uninstalling Tidy Plates, then disabling all my other addons and it's still happening. Really distracting and I can't target the mobs properly through all the stupid player bars. Is there something in game settings I can tweak or is anyone else experiencing this?Naeroxhia1 4d
4d Advice on either joining/starting a M+ team Hi all, I'm looking to improve my M+ expertise at higher level keys, and I feel like I'm at the point where pugging is just no longer an option. Right now, I'm sitting at a 2.2k raider.io score, and If anything I might be able squeeze out a bit more if I'm lucky. But in order to get that 3k+ score, I need to be consistently hitting +19s assuming 1 chest runs across the board. Doing a +19 with a group of pugs that still have to "prove themselves" is gonna be tricky. I feel like I'm stuck in a limbo where there are very few teams that are in a 17 - 20 bracket (which I feel is where I'm best suited for now), and the teams that do exist are consistently running +20s and higher. Leaving the +17s - 20s as puggable content exclusively for people that already run at a much higher level. It's one of those situations where the content is way to hard for average players, but also way to easy for those with high level expertise. So it feels like my only way to get better is to get a LOT better. And I suppose it's with reason. I've seen some of Shakib and Jdotb's streams and it's like they aren't even playing the same game as me, the way they pull mobs, the way they approach each dungeon. I guess I want to hear if I'm not alone in this. That there are others out there that genuinely are trying to become better players and break through that 3k score, but have hit a wall.Icedcoffee12 4d
4d New to Tanking - Dungeon Walkthroughs? Is there a good website or youtube channel that has walkthroughs for all of the current dungeons? Seems like the ones I've found so far are somewhat hit or miss, or very outdated, or even targeting Vanilla content. Just want to do a little research or homework before going into each dungeon and ticking everyone off by not knowing the way or the boss mechanics. Thanks!Siarah3 4d
4d Advice on Doing Raids First off, why doesn't a LFR exist for normal and Heroic, along with an option to pug Rated BGs. that's one thing id LOVE added to this game. secondly, HOW do i go about finding people who want to actually play this game without being elitist e-thugs ? i mean seriously how do you GET an achievement when nobody wants to take you into anything? this whole thing is like a Credit score in real life! how do you GET Credit WHEN NOBODY WILL GIVE YOU A CHANCE TO BUILD IT!? i mean for the love of god this game is almost old enough to drive and this elite crap is STILL Going on?Snotnose17 4d
4d Am I Ready? (Mythic+ Raiding) Hello guys, So here's the lowdown. A couple of years ago I decided I'd try WoW, and I loved my first experience. I played a Dwarf Pally and reached end-game. I raided, did heroic dungeons; etc. I Loved the lore and mythos surrounding the game. I was, however, a but let down when I reached the WoD content. TL;DR is: I left the game out of sheer boredom and went on to play FFXIV, for the endgame raiding aspect of the game, and ESO for the well-implemented questing. Low and behold I decided to see what was going on in the WoWverse and was completely blown away about my discovery of just how much content there was in Legion. So I came back. The realm I was on was dead so I picked a new one. Not wanting to pay an additional $25 to transfer my character to my new realm; on top of my $65 Legion + BFA + monthly sub, i boosted a human prot pally to 110. I get into the game, do some Argus and socialize. I find a mythic raiding guild and they take me and are being patient with me while I hike my ilvl. My question is: my ilvl is 880 and if really like to start exploring mythic raids at 890. I have a lot of dungeon and raiding experience with tanks in general, across any game, I've been studying mythic bosses and raid mechanics, I know my class well, I work well in a team environment, I'm composed and don't cluster, and have very expansive raid experience in MMOs in general. Am I ready? And what are the differences between mythic raids and mythic dungeons? Ill still continue to do Argus to get a couple pieces of gear, but as farming veiled argunite is only so viable, I'm going to need a better way to farm higher ilvl gear and feel I'm ready for the mythic task to a certain extent. What do I do?Kekgawd6 4d
4d Do you not have AOTC and want it ? Free help with AOTC anyone is welcome 3 carrys per run..go to add me rsmudvayne#1595 also just join discord and wait till i get in from work https://discord.gg/F8R6pWP ... I am off work on fridays and saturdays... I work 2pm to 11pm mountain time it is 4pm when i posted this and ill be home at 11pm mountain time Promise I'll get you it i help throughs who need it and its all free because i understand the struggle...Rsmudvayne0 4d
5d Is Garalon Bugged? I have a skinning quest that requires me to skin Garalon in the Heart of Fear raid. I went to Lorewalker Han and queued for the LFR version of the raid. When I arrived on the balcony where Garalon is supposed to spawn, there was nothing there. I went around the entire balcony and eventually went up the stairs to the next boss, where I got trapped in amber and could not do anything. I finally just left the instance group and tried over, I didn't mess with that second boss again, but Garalon is still just not there. How can I complete this quest if I can't even start the fight? Side note: It would be nice if the second half of Heart of Fear would indicate that it is part of that raid, instead of just being listed as "Nightmare of Shek'zeer."Forster10 5d
5d WTB Mythic T21 Pants, Gloves, and Chest Hello All, Since my guild is focusing on Mythic Argus progression, I am looking for another guild willing to let me in for kills on Mythic Imonar, Kin'garoth, and Eonar. I do know the fights well, just would just need you to fill me in your strategy. Only looking to buy Tier 21 pants, gloves, and chest. Would prefer a Thursday night, as my own guild raids Tues/Wed nights. I want to buy the gear for a reasonable rate. Nothing inflated please...its the end of the tier. Respond here and I will check replies. Thanks!Megaphobema16 5d
5d How to open the portal to the Frozen Throne? How do I open the portal to the frozen throne?Archknight12 5d
5d Pantheon trinket upgrades Is there any way to get this looked at? For the atbt release it made sense to get 1 a week but now that we’re deep into the tier (been out longer than other tiers while they were relevant and only has a couple more months before prepatch) it no longer makes sense to me. Currently I have 2 alts with their MS trinket maxed and OS sitting around 950. Also have another 3 alts with a low ilvl MS trinket. This is my fault for not killing argus every single week, I’m not denying it, but it’s gets very repetitive and should no longer be required. The system is also punishing to people who are making alts to enjoy the end of the tier with and get them ready for BFA. I don’t necessarily think they should just start dropping at 1000, but perhaps increase the amount of upgrade tokens you can get each week. 3 tokens (15 ilvls) a week would be significantly better than the current rate considering time left to prepatch. It’s not fun that I won’t be able to max my dh’s tank trinket (which is really good for m+ and I just started to get really into on him) due to maxing the havoc one first/it being an alt and me being unaware of the trinkets usefulness. What are your guys thoughts on it? Anyone feel like alts are lacking for similar reasons? We’ve gotten catchup mechanics for pretty much everything else this expansion, I feel like pantheon trinkets could use something similar.Cóóby15 5d
5d Leveling dungeons queue suggestion With level scaling, it's time to put all leveling dungeons in a single queue, instead of splitting them up by expansion. The way it currently scales, you'd stop getting dungeons outside your level range anyway, so why split the queues? All it does is serve to make queues longer and more confusing during the 58 - 90 range. Putting them in a single queue would speed up queues and streamline the experience without making any changes to how the dungeons currently function. That said, if you wanted to be really awesome, you'd make leveling dungeons scale from the time they're unlocked until max level, so queues could quicken up significantly across all levels. Once BFA comes out, you could leave the new dungeons in their own queue for a few patches, so everyone can play just them for awhile, before adding them into the regular leveling dungeon queue mid-way through the expansion (when everyone is doing at least heroics when they hit max level anyway). But at the very least, put them all in one queue, even if you didn't touch the way they scale currently. Would be faster and better on everyone.Rinnji0 5d
5d Soaking Split-Damage Mechanics Hey all, I've always had a burning question regarding mechanics where a group of players have to soak something to split the damage. The most famous one being Aggramar's Flame Rend. My question is, if I pally bubble for Flame Rend, will I shift my damage to other people? Meaning that instead of dividing the damage into 20 people, the damage is divided by 19 instead because "I don't count" due to being immune? Or will I still take my share of the damage?Goldbrand10 5d
5d Mythic Antorus Lockout So why bother to make Mythic Antorus cross-realm but still fall under the old school lockout system? It pretty much makes a puggable raid unpuggable or a complete waste of time. The only reason I can see it being available for cross-realm is maybe this late in the expansion some guilds are only doing this difficulty so it opens up the ability to trial people?Brewray7 5d
6d Can't queue for Cathedral of Eternal Night? Hey everyone, I tried to queue for Cathedral in dungeon finder but the instance was locked-I have a high ilevel, is it because I have to complete a certain amount of WQ's to be eligible? Just curious as to why I couldn't queue for it.Xaterian7 6d
6d 3 vs 2 kick ration Myself and 2 other members decided to start 3 new low level characters. We wanted to try out the new classes, Void elf and Lightforged Draenei. I made a tank, another made a healer, and the third was dps. We mainly run dungeons on Wed., when we can all play at the same time. Anyways, we have been confused about the vote to kick system. All 3 of us have played WoW since vanilla, so we understand that players may need help. We would never kick a low geared player, or an unexperienced player, as long as they are trying. Hell we have even given players our own loot. My question is why are we unable to kick a player who is clearly being disrespectful, from a 5 man random lfg? Now this has only happened to us twice since character creation at lvl 20 until now lvl 40. 2 times!! Last night we were on our 5th random dungeon and one player was not only pulling extra mobs but harassing us and calling us some rather abusive names, simply because we couldn't kill all the extra mobs. I personally asked said player to please stop, and the verbal threats in chat became more aggressive. All 3 of us had tried to kick the player for bullying, and very foul language, but we were not able to remove the player. I guess since I hardly use the feature I am confused as to why this wasn't working for us. 3 voted yes, and the forth was on the same realm as the aggressive player, but never replied in chat. What am I missing? I apologize for the extended post.Jinxsys13 6d
6d An FAQ on 101 Twinking and why it won't die. Hello! I am a 101 twink who levels anyone in the Americas to 110 for free (Horde or Ally), and was planning on leaving it behind when 7.3.5 came out. Obviously, that didn't happen, and free 110 boosts STILL didn't really make a dent in the demand for 101 powerleveling. So here is an FAQ, instructions on how to get your alt leveled by me to 110, and my gratitude for letting me provide a service I enjoy. IF YOU ARE INTERESTED, LEAVE YOUR BTAG IN THE COMMENTS, OR MESSAGE ME DIRECTLY AND I WILL ADD YOU. A lot of people are leveling alts for Argus, or getting their allied races to 110 for xmog, and I'm helping out with that. I run random dungeons for people 98-109, with a minimum of 680 ilvl (this is required for the random queue). If you are not eligible for queue, I cannot run you. THIS IS NOT A PAID SERVICE. It is free. Free. Meaning you don't owe me gold. All I ask in return for these runs is that you check me out on my channel if you find the time, or stop by and say hi to me! Interacting with everyone is the best part of this hands down. And since idk if putting my twitch on these forums is against rules or whatever, I will not have it on here. I'm putting an FAQ below. 1. How long does it take? Typically, levels are about 35-40 minutes each. This depends on the RNG of what dungeon we get, and if you have heirlooms or not. Each dungeon is roughly 30% of a level or so. I do have a waitlist, and they can get pretty long. However, I WILL ALWAYS GET TO YOU EVENTUALLY, whether it's that day or the next. A fresh 100 with full heirlooms to 110 is ~4-5 hours. 2. What is a 101 twink and how does it work? I have a lot of 840 BoE gear that requires 101. This lets me get stats to absurdly high levels. Since the dungeons I go into are 100, I can mass pull dungeons and solo them. It is good experience because to the people being run, mobs their level are being killed. Here is a link to my armories. https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/sargeras/teamturley //// https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/tichondrius/turleymon 3. How much and how long did the twink take to create? If you're rich enough, creating a 101 twink is instant provided you have a character at 101. I was never a gold farmer though, so it took me longer to build up to what I have. Across 3 twinks, I have spent between 3-4 million gold (druids being the most expensive) 4. This is available for both factions? How? YES! I have two twinks, and typically I alternate between factions each day. If I run 8 hours of Alliance dungeons, I'll run 8 hours for Horde. It's always even. 5. Do I have to help you dps/tank/heal? Nope. Most people like to watch netflix, study, do homework, and just sit at the entrance. I require zero assistance. My favorite thing is when people just chill with me in chat. :) 6. Sounds good, how do we get started? I addressed this above, but the best ways to get ahold of me are through a direct whisper to Teamturley-Sargeras, Turleymon-Tichondrius, or on the twitch channel. All the reddit comments go to my phone, so if you post your btag, it will get added too. 7. Doesn't running the SAME 4 dungeons for 10+ hours a day make you go insane? Yes. :) 8. How long is this going to go on for? Until BfA comes out. 9. What's your schedule and how long do you run dungeons? I am a full-time streamer and my schedule is 5pm PST to 1am PST. To give you guys an example of how much I do this, in 7 days I ran dungeons for a total of close to ~60 hours. The average daily stream is between 8-10 hours. Yeah, ikr. 10. I've been thinking about making a twink, would you recommend it? It depends on the reason you want to make it, I guess. The closer we get to BfA, the worse of an idea it is, imo. For a gold farming idea, it can be QUITE profitable, as I can make hundreds of thousands a day. However, it requires a lot of time and attention. If you want to do it for gold, make sure you HAVE THE TIME TO SELL RUNS or it will lose you money. Is it fun annihilating dungeons like a god among men though? Yes. :) 11. How many dungeons have you ran? The current count is ~3400 dungeons (2/11/2018) 12. What's your favorite dungeon? Nelths and DHT are the best because I can complete them in around 2-3 minutes each. HoV is a pain because theres not much you can do to speed it up, so I'd say thats my least favorite. 13. How many people have you leveled? As of (2/11/2018) I have leveled over (300) people to 110. It's an estimate but it's a pretty close one. I keep a ticker and add to it live whenever somebody hits 110. Alright everybody, thank you SO SO SO much for reading, and again- if you have a question I didn't address here, feel free to ask. Happy leveling!~ mr_turleyTurleymon12 6d
6d Any Plans to Address Healer Kicks in LFGs? I'm not a vanilla player. Regardless, I have dozens of toons, all races, factions, & specs. I've run battlegrounds, arenas, LFRs, heroic raids, normal raids, I've PUG'd... I think my experience in the game is pretty eclectic. I rarely post here. But the devs probably aren't going to check WoWhead. (They probably won't even see this, but whatever.) Tanks are bowed & cowed to, humored, placed on a pedestal. They can do no wrong. Only in the most extreme cases do groups take action. They get punished for nothing. DPS... no one cares. It's the go-to queue if you're new, clueless, incompetent, or all of the above. Almost never will DPS get kicked for being too low. Not unless they screw up a bunch of mechanics (or their pet does). But healers for over half a decade get a poop sandwich with nearly every queue. Tank is incompetent, undergeared, pulls too much, gets 2-shotted. Complains to the healer while voting to kick. Before the healer can even type in her defense, the vote passes & she's kicked with a 15-minute penalty. What did I do wrong here? Tank marks everyone up, everything look really professional. Then tank proceeds to lead everyone OUT of the dungeon, which they blindly do. I teleport back to instance, because I know I can. The group is gone. I'm the only one left. So I leave instance. AGAIN I'm slapped with a 15-minute penalty. Can you PLEASE explain the logic behind this one? Why does this even happen? I made the mistake of leveling a healer once again, knowing full well that Bliz has shown nothing but hate for healers in all my game experience. I'm really regretting this decision. Took a break from the game after Broken Shore & I'm not sure if coming back was the right idea. Will healers ever get love in kick penalties (since they're clearly abused more than any other queue) or will they continue to be everyone else's whipping boy?Biglove22 6d
6d Cath or Kara? Why is it that I always get Cath or Kara for random dung q on all my toons?Sicariö2 6d
May 12 Timewalking too hard? When doing Timewalking your items are scaled to ilvls below the dungeon loot. If I were to get a character who is level appropriate with gear from even the first raid they have no problem obliterating the dungeon content. While I am not asking to make Timewalking easier nor am I asking to use level appropriate characters (because that defeats the purpose of Timewalking, doing something in the past, not current content for that character). I am asking to see if Blizzard would allow you to wear level appropriate gear from raids to boost item level/power in the Timewalking dungeons. For example, if I had my old SSC/TK Tier 5 gear in Void Storage, I could throw that on and it would boost my item level up to SSC/TK ilvl from the number my Legion gear is scaled down to. I feel this would keep old content runs relevant aside from just xmog. On a similar note, I can run through almost any base Mythic Dungeon in Legion and solo it on my Elemental Shaman. By no means am I bragging but I feel any player doing end game content (Mythic Raiding) could do this with ease. The disparity between current Mythic Dungeon difficulty and Timewalking seems far too large. Does anyone have any other suggestions OR critiques as to why this would not be a good idea? Finally, I do not think Timewalking dungeons are hard. Just a title.Shocktopuss33 May 12
May 12 Fast dungeons to run for bc/wrath leveling? So I know for Vanilla you just run RFC over and over because it takes like 8-10 min to clear. What about for after that and into mop and cata as well? For as mindless as it is I cant deny the output of exp.Kellric1 May 12