Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios

Oct 3, 2012 Stone Guard (10) - a few strategy questions Hi folks, So my guild just downed Stone Guard, but it actually took about an hour and a half of attempts, and while I'm aware that it's a new raid and it's not going to be a cakewalk compared to a raid we're all used to, it didn't seem like the kind of fight that should take that long. Plus our seconds team got it down before our primary team, which makes me think we may have had a few kinks in our strategy. For the record, we had Amethyst, Jade and Jasper. So I just thought I'd ask for some strategy clarification, for next time: 1. Should tanks be moving at all during the fight? We had the two-dog tank moving along the wall on his side... I think to give melee more freedom from the amethyst puddles. However, with their larger hit box and the ability to hit either puppy, should the tank just stay still, thereby reducing their tasks required, and the melee should position as required? 2. Is puppy swapping too frequently better than doing it not enough? It felt like the tanks were letting the dog that was getting-energy-but-not-petrifying get pretty high in energy, such that when it was its turn to overload, it happened very quickly. Would it be a big issue if they simply swapped every 8 seconds (that is, when their taunts come off CD), in order to ensure a more equivalent generation of energy for the off-pups? 3. For Jasper Chains, it's best to not try and break them until the Jasper petrification phase, correct? It seemed like there was too much 'unnecessary' damage doing it during the other phases. 4. Any other tips? From my perspective it seemed like the overloads were the biggest issue, but of course I've now only done the fight once. ^^ Thanks for any help.Notatroll2 Oct 3, 2012
Oct 3, 2012 Challenge modes are great... but can you please reset all of our CDs when resetting them? Thanks!Gròmmash4 Oct 3, 2012
Oct 3, 2012 Want to run randoms with my friends So i hit 90 and went and got geared up for heroics. A friend who had not played for awhile joined back up and came out to panda land. Helped him run some quests off to get some gear. And then came the hammer. We could not queue for normal dungeons. The dungeon finder told my friend(level 88 tank) that I was to high level. Now i was like wtf. Since when can i not queue with friends to run randoms with? I would hope this is a bug and will get fixed soon. I understand that there are no level 90 norms and that they are all heroics and challenge modes. But this is a game that I play with friends and one of the things we love to do at times is run randoms. So again why cant I run random's with my friends?Targetme8 Oct 3, 2012
Oct 3, 2012 Couldn't get in a MV because of pvp gear I tried to join a MV pick up group and the leader checked me and I got kicked cause I had a couple pieces of pvp gear. Here's the deal though the PvP stats are not a part of the items stat budget and are free. The few pieces of PvP gear I have are better then their heroic dungeon equivalent. Why don't people understand this?Zumi1 Oct 3, 2012
Oct 3, 2012 Tanks and healers needing on dps trinkets fix So, I've ran Direbrew event over 20 times the past 3 days (8 this morning). Saw the melee dps trinket drop 6 times total.. A 89 hunter won one, 3 tanks won one, and 2 healers won one. I just luv how broken the roll system is when you que as a dps and have a long wait time and have to roll against other dps then to find out you lose the trinket (when it decides to drop) to a tank or healer. They have almost instant ques and an easy chance at there role trinkets being that I see tank and healer trinkets drop the most. Either up the drop chance on dps trinket or fix it so ppl can only role on items that fit there role in that specific instance. Its so frustrating and annoying to have to be dealing with stuff like this. Just wanted to shed some light on this as I know more ppl out there have ran it so much more then I have and dealing with the same issues.Dirtysouf19 Oct 3, 2012
Oct 3, 2012 Anyone doing Sha of Anger? Could use a group. 454 ilvl Frost DK. Eikahe#1265Eikahe6 Oct 3, 2012
Oct 3, 2012 25 Man Stone Guard Kill Video w/ Voice Chat http://youtu.be/6L3rSJD0aF8 Sorry for the quality. It was taken from my livestream. You can check more of my stuff out at my youtube channel youtube.com/thxyoutoo and my stream twitch.tv/thxyoutoo I will gladly answer any questions you may have regarding the fight.Thxyoutoo0 Oct 3, 2012
Oct 3, 2012 The Stone Gaurdian - MV 10 man health The health is 130.8 mill, is this a bug? everywhere says its 43.6Clukclukboom11 Oct 3, 2012
Oct 3, 2012 Stone Guardian Fight So I went along with a pug to try out the new raid and had some difficulty on the first boss. I was tanking so I was mostly just concerned about my cooldowns and staying out of puddles as I tanked two guards, so I mostly got random glimpses as to how people were dealing with Japser Chains and the amethyst puddles. We had the Jade, Amethyst, and Jasper guardians to deal with. I'm sure we were probably doing something a bit stupid since it was everyone's first time in the place, so if anyone can enlighten me as to how to handle the fight it would be greatly appreciated. The youtube videos I can find seem to be a bit lacking.Vendrak4 Oct 3, 2012
Oct 3, 2012 LF dedicated challenge mode team Looking for a good group to get gold in all the CM's. I'm almost fully heroic geared and about to max my alchemy so I can make flasks for everyone, will likely be fully geared in a day or two. Been playing quite a while so I know my class rather well. Would be nice to find a guild for this but dedicated individuals work too. I'm online quite often if anyone is interested just send me a msg or just reply in this thread. Made a thread on my realm forum but it's pretty dead so I thought Id try here.Immolatus0 Oct 3, 2012
Oct 3, 2012 Does any caster gear drop in the new 5 mans? I'm just wondering if I have been very unlucky in my 10 runs or if anyone else sees nothing but mail and leather gear dropping.Raylean15 Oct 3, 2012
Oct 3, 2012 Genuine question about Scarlet Halls. What is so difficult about running away from GIANT FIRE LOOKING TORNADO?Shishun12 Oct 3, 2012
Oct 3, 2012 Houndmaster Braun Not sure if anyone else has encountered this problem but on the Houndmaster Braun fight in Scarlet Halls we managed to bug the encounter. We had killed Braun while the dogs were stunned and as a result they didn't clear the pack of elites with 47mil hp that will murder you. We managed to get through courtesy of pally bubbles and priest dispersion/leap of faith though. Besides the obvious "Don't stun them" comment any other ideas on how this can be avoided?Ritzia0 Oct 3, 2012
Oct 3, 2012 Randomly disbanding dungeon groups! Bugged? Hey guys i was just wondering if I was the only one randomly getting our dungeon group disbanded and then ported out. Is this a bug? It seems like it has happened to more of my guildees as well. Blizz please advise if this is a bug!!!!Weasy5 Oct 3, 2012
Oct 3, 2012 Random Kicks During Combat A guildmate and I were specific que'ing for Stormstout Brewery. We would get to the first boss when, during the fight, a message would appear on our screens saying "You are not part of this instance group, you will be teleported out in 5 seconds", or something to the effect of. We also tried que'ing for Gate of the Setting Sun, same issue. Anybody else experiencing this? Is it something I caused or what?Khort0 Oct 3, 2012
Oct 2, 2012 Dragon Soul So i became 86 yesterday i think and when i looked at the dungeon finder, i saw that the three dungeon can't be queud anymore. Does is come back later? Because if not, then it kinda need to be change. When it's a dungeon only accessible at lvl 85 and you need to have an high ilvl, now that we can go over 85, some people will just never do them with all the xp they'll get before reaching the right ivl. Unless they go by foot and i guess that at lvl 90 they are almost soloable. Unless again they did change the requirement, but then again i hope not.Velariel16 Oct 2, 2012
Oct 2, 2012 Suggestion Sha of Anger Change Sha of Anger from an NPC that can be tagged to a quest mob where all people can loot and kill. This way everyone on one faction can work as a team and join groups if they want or just stop by and help even though they weren't there right away. On high pop servers it is extremely difficult to be on at the right time and join the group that kills in order to credit. I think that this won't take away from world PvP at all.Bubbiie9 Oct 2, 2012
Oct 2, 2012 QUE times for Dungeon Finder,,is BS Not alot of my guildies play this game anymore, but I stuck with it. Till trying to do the Dungeon Find and the que is 45mins. 45mins for any que is way tooooooo long. This will be the game killer for me. Had to say something because I havent seen anything said about this. Ok had my say bring on the trolls and flammers.Bonefish8 Oct 2, 2012
Oct 2, 2012 First week of raiding, target Ilvl? What would you guess is a "gear comfort zone" to aim for when heading in for the first week of raids?Akumamanny14 Oct 2, 2012
Oct 2, 2012 Am I mistaken? So after dozens and dozens and dozens of random dungeons, maxing out my honor with JP, and now buying BOA's I have no intention of ever using, I've finally come to the last place I know I should to vent my frustration. Weren't Justice points originally the method to fill in holes where RNG loot just didnt fall your way? For example, there is ONE heroic int mail shoulders and ONE heroic int mail bracers. So I need to win RNG to get the right dungeon, then RNG to get the loot. Im not complaining about the drop rates or that I have to run random dungeons, they are after all, random. But back in Cata the JP stuff was ilvl 346, same as the heroic drops. And back in Cata, I just filled the slots where I had hard luck with Justice points gear which was the same ilvl just itemized a little differently. I dont think its welfare gear after earning the points from running heroics time and again to be able to buy a similar ilvl of loot. Make the price steep if you have to, but for the love of pete consider making tweaks to a system that right now rewards you with JP that can be used for 350 loot but makes you run dungeons that reward 363. To me anyway, it just doesn't make too much sense.Kosmas2 Oct 2, 2012
Oct 2, 2012 PvP gear ilvl Dose pvp gear ilvl still count in pve for such as heroics and lfr? if it dose its better then justice gearKatzy3 Oct 2, 2012
Oct 2, 2012 Only one dungeon to prep for heroics? Really!?Tathais28 Oct 2, 2012
Oct 2, 2012 Random doesn't work very well on the way up. - Queue random MoP dungeon at 88 - See Stormstout Brewery loading screen Oh joy, now I have a chance of getting blues that are substantially worse than the greens I can get, while yielding lower exp than if I was just outside questing. This happens at every level range, repeatedly getting dungeons that aren't beneficial to actually do. Queuing random normal at 84-85 used to give you Stonecore and Vortex Pinnacle all the time, which were pointless to run. I know, its called random for a reason. Surely it couldn't hurt to be able to blacklist certain dungeons, or skew the chance towards something you could actually use though?Kamine2 Oct 2, 2012
Oct 2, 2012 Why does Scenario give 0 JP Isn't scenario supposed to help you gear up?Positivity0 Oct 2, 2012
Oct 2, 2012 Is the Coren Direbrew dps trinket rare? I ran that dungeon for like 2 days and only seen the dps trinket drop once only to be ninja'd by a tank. Only thing thats been dropping is the tank trinket, I've yet to see anything else drop. Does the dps trinket have a very low drop rate or something?Neofury9 Oct 2, 2012
Oct 2, 2012 Pre-raid Plans Does anyone else have an agenda for this evening? My personal to-do's are as follows: 1. Quick spin on AH/BMAH for reasonably priced upgrades if any. Snag up a few reckless gems I couldn't find either. 2. Configure Weak Auras or download Power Auras if it's working and config a auras for fulmination, windsong, lightweave/darkglow, and Now is the Time (caster brewfest trinket). 3. Re-talent windwalk totem, since I know Bliz won't let me use earthgrab in a raid. 4. Log out, run a quick sim to check DEP values and reforge/chant as needed. 5. Queue up quickly for Siegee and Scholomance, hopefully in-guild and power them for what final upgrades I can snag. Tweak stats as needed based on upgrades. 6. Dailies, for what I can swing before raid. Golden Lotus, Klaaxi then Cloudserpents or Tillers.Firestyle17 Oct 2, 2012
Oct 2, 2012 Scenario > Dungeon So I actually got gibbed in a scenario but haven't died at all in a heroic dungeon, intended?Positivity1 Oct 2, 2012
Oct 2, 2012 Raids open tomorrow. How can anyone be ready? So regular raids open up tomorrow, and I have an average ilvl of 463 after scouring heroics. Assuming LFR opens NEXT week with: a smaller ilvl requirement than the raids Raids presumably do, at least a soft ilvl requirement Higher ilvl drops than I currently haveHow can ANYONE get into raids this week? Either: If you're really lucky, you could get four perfect drops, two from each world boss each week (personally I have one 483 pvp drop). If you grind hard, could have enough valor and enough rep to get one or MAYBE two pieces of armor. Going forward with the previous idea, assuming all valor point items are transferable: If you have a very selfless and giving guild, you could have 8-15 of your guildies buy either 1 or 2 slots for you, giving you a whole set! And, maybe if you had 32-60 extra guild mates that had nothing better to do, you could actually get a 5 man group geared! A combination of the above. Possibly, normal entry-level raids have a soft ilvl requirement of equal or less value than LFR, to which I ask, why even have LFR? Casual Players? Just Valor/Justice Points to put toward items of equal or lesser ilvl than the drops from LFR? People are not supposed to go raiding this week, they are just supposed to sit in front of the raid instance drooling at how cool it must be inside Please help it hurts being this cynical.Emmatank33 Oct 2, 2012
Oct 2, 2012 remove minimum ilvl when going in with guild I always assumed putting a minimum item level requirement for LFD was more to prevent raging by PUGs than any real limitation on the ability to complete content. Is there a reason why it's still there when I'm grouping with my friends or guild members? I'm sure they're okay if I'm a few levels off the minimum and they're not as adverse to carrying me a little bit than, say...random PUGs. If my friends/guildies want to potentially smash their faces into a wall by having me tank a heroic with ilvl 435 or because the healer is pro with ilvl 463, why not? Just wondering if this was a topic that's been discussed, and/or if Blizzard has ever addressed it. Thanks!Strokzface10 Oct 2, 2012
Oct 2, 2012 Please make LFR available to all difficulties ... If you are a Hardcore player, you don't need to read this thread, but i think that any constructive feedback and idea will be appreciated. So don't make this thread another one like "oh blame LFR"... "wtf, screw casuals".."LFR will not work" and those kind of commentaries, they are kinda useless so don't even waste your bandwith posting anithing like that. These are just my experiences, and i took the time to write this because i really want it to become available. I would really like to be able to kill all the bosses in all the available modes, but to do that I need LFR features that can make me group up with other ppl like me who want to clear bosses but can't find a guild/group of ppl who CAN and WANT to raid at the same time they can. Advantages: Players who don't have a constantly raiding guild, will be able to experience the progression Go for the raid, any time you want, with the cross realm mechanic it will be easy to find other 9 players taht want to do the raid you want to You are playing, and for any reason you have to leave, you just DO IT, since when you come back after 1 or 2hours you will be able to continue your raiding with another group, and the group you left will not be penalized since they will be able to get a replacement in seconds or minutes No more 2 hours of spamming in the capitals to find players for your pug If someone leaves, for any reason, you will be able to get a replacement in minutes, instead of porting back to the capital and spam again for 10-20-30 minutes You can spend now those 2hours of capital spamming in farming mats for your professions that will help hasten your progress in the raids You can now spend those 2 hours trying to create the best DPS/tanking/healing rotation You can spend now, those 2 hours, INSIDE the raid, actually figuring out what your group done wrong and how to improve that And more, and more, and more stuff Guilds that are starting a group for either normal or Heroic and need those few more players, will be able to quickly fill those spots Some1 has to disconnect in a guild run, for any reason... no problem, you'll get another player in minutes Disvantages: There is no disvantage here, since every1 who will join the queue knows what they are going for. These are just unquestionable Truths: LFR helps casual players a lot LFD helps casual players a lot LFR will make you spare time! because the total time that you will waste with wiping is less than the time you would waste looking for ppl in the capitals city(depending on the server) If you don't like the current group, for any reason, you can just leave. and after 30 minutes you can try and find a new group if you have any specific requests for the group, like compositions,higher item level etc, then you shouldn't use LFR If you are a hardcore player, you don't need this feature, go with your guild, it will be a lot more easier to clear the raid if you are a hardcore player and your job schedule changed and you can't find another guild for your schedule, just use LFR and you will be able to finish the progression GUILDS WILL NOT DIE because of LFR I really want to go raiding, but the main problem is schedule. It's really hard to find someone that CAN and WANTS do to a raid at the same time you CAN and WANT. That's why LFR and LFD are just awesome!!!! Somebody says: "oh... but... the world is dead, no one goes outside the capital city and just queue for dungeons/raids" My Answer: "it's not totally truth, but ok... make LFD or LFR available only in front of the dungeon/raid entrance" Somebody says: "!@#$ noob, your guild can't even kill morchok etc.. uninstall wow" My Answer: "true, but I still tried and pugged every single day, but ppl just kept leaving because there were a lot of wipes. And I got till Hagara (but didn't killed it) just pugging, but i lost like tens of hours spamming in SW to get players. If i could have spent those tens of hours trying to down the bosses i could probably kill more bosses than i done. I know that there are many ppl there who just want to play and kill the bosses and don't care about wiping, but hey, if you don't like the group, just leave but without LFR the group will be penalized since it will take other 10-20-30 mins to find someone else, and also you will lose more time to get to another raid, and maybe because of the raid locks you will not be able to find another raid." ...Robinho122 Oct 2, 2012
Oct 2, 2012 Loot not being distributed I was on mongu'shan palace and at the lasts boss my boots dropped. everyone says they passed on them so i should have gotten them. The loot never went out. ive been waiting and waiting and these dam boots havent shown up in my mail box. wtf is up with this am i the only person?Tempö1 Oct 2, 2012
Oct 2, 2012 LF healer for MV raid must be 460+ ilvl. also need some good dps. mephisto#1166Delusion2 Oct 2, 2012
Oct 2, 2012 Heroics Undertuned IMO they are incredibly weak right now. I think Blizz needs to turn up the difficulty. Cleared them all the same day I hit 90 with random pugs. Most of the time Dps was pulling without me to chain pull cause we could take on 3-4 mobs at one time. No CC required, no marking and no explination of bosses. Just blow everything up and get loot. Working as intended?Solist20 Oct 2, 2012
Oct 2, 2012 Sha of Anger, a rather annoying event. As happy as I am to have world bosses back, and that it's a 40man. I can't help noticing that I end up sitting there for hours just trying to tag the Sha of Anger and keep him stationary, and not de-spawned by another raid who is also trying to get it. I think it would be best to just let who ever does a certain amount of damage to the Sha gets loot, something like 30 to 40%. And then for Healers, I'm not sure, maybe heal x amount when they're in combat with him. Either way, It's not a fun fight when people are just being nasty to one another and just trying to de-spawn it so they can get the kill instead. In my opinion, I think that having the world bosses still in the world is great, but make it phased, so every group can do it when they want (Or every 2 hours). That way, no one can interfere with your kill, it will be less laggy for the raids trying to do it, and even more so for people who are just trying to innocently quest (I remember when people were killing Sha when I was questing, and it was quite laggy). Also, having it phased will let you make the boss hit harder, making it more of a challenge. The only challenge so far is keeping it spawned and your raid having the tag. Great concept, by in my opinion, on populated servers, poorly executed.Reclusionx23 Oct 2, 2012
Oct 2, 2012 Mogushan Palace Challenge Mode second boss Ran this with some guildies last night and had an absolute blast. We didn't manage to get a medal because we had some major problems on the second boss, was wonder what other people have been doing for him? We were running Druid tank, druid healer, elemental shaman, marksman hunter and shadow priest. On the second boss we were attempting to root the protector (50% reduced damage buff) run in circles to avoid the shanker and then CC the hexer and healer, but kill them as soon as they turned red the first time, then burn the boss. This strategy finally worked for us and I feel like if we tried this on our first pull we could have managed silver. Any other thoughts on this boss?Thenmal3 Oct 2, 2012
Oct 2, 2012 Dungeon plate/mail drops are rediculous Basicly, I have done over 50 heroic pandaria runs. ALL that ever drops is plate,and then next is mail. But 99% of the time its a plate drop. and Ive gotten 2 cloth pieces since I hit 90. Its getting kind of rediculous. I beleive they need to fix the drop rates on leather and cloth.Warshock20 Oct 2, 2012
Oct 2, 2012 Keep Rollin' Rollin' Rollin' So before I waste another lock out today with my guildies on this achieve, i need a question answered. If you got it, how did you get it? 20 barrels, 50 barrels, NOTHING seems to work. Halp.Zerogz4 Oct 2, 2012
Oct 2, 2012 Purple Dome/Shield raid CD I was watching one of the videos on the raid coming out. One of the classes had a raid cooldown that cause a little dome to appear that everyone got inside of to stop taking damage. Does anyone know who has that and what it is called?Kucerakov3 Oct 2, 2012
Oct 2, 2012 Challenge modes stats Gearing up a warrior for challenge modes tomorrow and wondering how my stats are going to play out. Is there a cap on avoidance? Or does anyone know the max parry, dodge I can have? Because if i can reach the cap i don't want wasted stats, would try to throw in some dps gear if possibleLafy9 Oct 2, 2012
Oct 2, 2012 Why no leveling scenario? I'm confused as to why there wasn't a scenario or two which grant XP and can be used from 85-90. Blizzard came up with a brilliant alternative to long dungeon queues, yet it seems they didn't explore it's full potential.Glodd1 Oct 2, 2012
Oct 2, 2012 Heroics Difficulty. Did 4 in an hour last night, granted 2 of them had a full groups at the 2nd last or last boss so they weren't full runs. ALL Dungeon Finder, 0 wipes, maybe 1-2 deaths. What's your opinion of the difficulty?Eugert76 Oct 2, 2012
Oct 2, 2012 Sha of Anger / Galleon Respawn Timers? Perhaps someone who tested on the Beta can give me some insight on how the lockouts of the new world bosses work and what their respawn timers are like.Lichnomore7 Oct 2, 2012
Oct 2, 2012 Who gave Coren Direbrew roids? OK I know in the past he was a joke. Usually I dont ask for nerfs but this is ridiculous. Its only a week into the expansion and we are wiping on this guy non stop because no one has had enough time to get geared. He seriously needs to be toned down. Healers keep running OOM and cant keep the DPS alive because they have to spam heal the tank. DPS dont have enough gear yet to kill him before healer goes OOM. Tanks dont have enough gear yet to make life easier for the healers. Has anyone else noticed this? Its like they made him a raid boss. I mean how many people does Blizzard think already have the gear to do this? Closest I have gotten him in 17 tries with multiple different groups was 14%. Also everyone was 90 so its not like we had an 89 tank still in full greens.Lilicia34 Oct 2, 2012
Oct 2, 2012 Blizzard, well done on Challenge Modes. Thank you very much for the tuning on Challenge Modes, absolutely love the white-knuckle feeling of almost dying in the blink of an eye because I took a step in the wrong direction or reacted just a fraction of a second too late. Thank you for making this game exciting again.Tenebron22 Oct 2, 2012
Oct 2, 2012 /close Thank you for your time & feed opinions on the matterMessagner72 Oct 2, 2012
Oct 2, 2012 Scenarios need a patch! I love the scenarios, they are creative, beautiful and well put together. But things I dislike, 1: When people leave, your left to fend the instance by yourself, not suitable! When you give up when 1 or 2 have left, you get deserter tagged, which shouldn't be like an instance. 2: Wen people go, and stay offline, there is no option to kick. Please do something with these three points and then it'll be perfect!Harmonia5 Oct 2, 2012
Oct 2, 2012 [POLL] Your favorite raid of all time? 1) Ulduar 2) Karazhan 3) Blackrock anythingFíbes47 Oct 2, 2012
Oct 2, 2012 pandaria raids I've just got a few questions - when are they coming out - how many are coming out - what item level is needed - what will the max item level be from heroicsGrobblin0 Oct 2, 2012
Oct 2, 2012 Concerned with loot itemization. Has anyone else noticed the somewhat wonky itemization of some items? Take for instance these 3 ilvl463 sheilds: Shield of the Protectorate, Metanoia Shield, Masterwork Lightsteel Shield All have the same amount of Stam/Int, but their spirit and other stat are WAY different than each other. From a Healing point of view, using anything other than the BS shield would be a poor choice, due to the amount of spirit is has. I can understand wanting to make a wider variety of items, but shouldn't their stats add up to be equal, just distributed differently?Doktar1 Oct 2, 2012
Oct 2, 2012 Lfm, todays challenges, tomorrows raids. Currently running with a 463 Spriest, 463 Prot Pally and a 463 Mage(myself), We are looking for more people who are almost equally geared, preferably 460ilvl or higher for challenge modes today and 10 man raids once they release tomorrow. I look forward to hearing from you. -XndXnd5 Oct 2, 2012