Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios

Oct 8, 2012 LFG Cleaning Up Acheivment Last one I need for the meta. Add me on RealID ZeAlpaca#1800Unholypanda0 Oct 8, 2012
Oct 7, 2012 Heroic 5-Mans raining Mail? I'm not here to QQ about how hard my gearing journey has been since I dinged 90. I'd say over the past few days I've run about 15-20 heroics. Now I may be bugged or something, I have no idea. I've been running with guildies mainly, and they all are amazed that this is happening. It's getting really tiring and frustrating for all of us. Mail, especially Agi mail (as well as Agi off-peaces) drops around 85% of the time from bosses, and I'm being pretty generous with that percentage. Like, really generous. If it's bad luck, it's an amazing streak. This seems really unlikely. It seems like something's wrong. I'm just trying to get some basic pieces so I can hopefully raid with my guild next week. I've sunk hours into these heroics and don't have much to show for it. Is this normal? If so, how are the forums not flooded with threads about it?Kupalo14 Oct 7, 2012
Oct 7, 2012 Firelands Glory and DS Glory runs in MOP Is anyone going to farms these? I am in need of them badly, I didnt play much in cata but now that it is over I would like to reap the rewards and mounts by smashing at lv90 with a farm group. I am a strong dps and a long time player. If anyone knows of anyone running these please let me know so I can real id and get in on the fun. Thanks!Thamuffinman2 Oct 7, 2012
Oct 7, 2012 2 kills of Mogushan vault bosses ? Is is correct ? Some people currently have 2 kills of some bosses in Mogushan Vaults! I won't post the armory cause i don't know if it's permitted.....but i will if anyone clear me on thisCádogan3 Oct 7, 2012
Oct 7, 2012 LF people for queue LF for people to queue with that are online often and that can easily achieve excellence in Heroic Dungeons. To contact me, send me a REAL ID at shinkopotomus@gmail.comCévv0 Oct 7, 2012
Oct 7, 2012 Heroic Boss feedback Increase their damage but reduce their HP. Heroics are insanely easy but the boss fights can sometimes last a LONG time. So there's my feedback and a constructive suggestion to ramp up difficulty while reducing unnecessary time commitment.Tracfone4 Oct 7, 2012
Oct 7, 2012 Scenario and LFG ilvl bugged? My ilvl is 428. I'm level 90. The scenarios screen says my ilvl is 424 and I must be 425 to queue, and therefore won't let me queue.Etheriel9 Oct 7, 2012
Oct 7, 2012 Wrath Random Heroics Lockout I have Cata expansion, but I stopped leveling this character at 80. Since the patch, I can't queue for Random Wrath Heroics anymore. This increased the queue time as a Tank by hours instead of minutes and DPS is a waste of time; also don't get anymore JP from dungeons unless I run the same 2 normal cata dungeons, but whatever. I don't do the dungeons for JP. They were just a bonus to help reduce any farming time. I'm not looking for any sympathy. Just curious if anyone else has a problem with the lock out.Womâck1 Oct 7, 2012
Oct 7, 2012 Scenario loot How does it work?Kunafun8 Oct 7, 2012
Oct 7, 2012 Just want to say gj blizz with the raid Had a chance this week and get into magu'shan this week and downed the first 4 (well i killed the 3 and 4th and guild killed first 2 on tues). But anyway just wanna say its first time in a while that i had fun on normal. The bosses were all a nice challenge, none were faceroll, the whole area and trash/boss art is absolutely beautiful, and as a healing priest on main they were extremly fun to heal. All the fights required mana managment, cd rotations,GTFO THE FIRE, and all that fun stuff. Anyway servers are down and i'm bored so thought i take a min to say GJ and keep up the good work :)Trinityx1 Oct 7, 2012
Oct 7, 2012 A Few Questions About Stone Guard Hey all, just about to have our first raid Thursday, and I had a few questions about 10-man normal mode Stone Guard. If there are only thee guardians up, does it limit the encounter to only those three abilities? (EG, Jasper guardian is inactive = no Jasper Chains?) Do the guardians that are active during the fight change each week? What determines which boss begins petrifying the raid first? Is there anyway to predetermine/control that? Thanks!Arianord2 Oct 7, 2012
Oct 7, 2012 A Healer's Concern with Challenge Modes I recently read mmo champ's interview with one of the players who was in the world first full gold challenge group and almost right away they mention how they would often run as a healerless group. While I don't deny the ability that it must have took to accomplish this feat, I feel that this puts me in an awkward place as a PvE healer main as I will most likely be forced to play as dps should I want to consider pushing for a top percentile time. Clearly gold is possible with only 3 dps but the competition on challenge runs is focused on the fastest time rather that just the medal. With all the efforts put in place by Blizzard for there to not necessarily be a best class or role, in general, to be able to play at a high level (for example, a feral druid could achieve gladiator or world first boss kills) this seems to be an oversight. Your thoughts?Solinn16 Oct 7, 2012
Oct 7, 2012 GETTING BOOTED FROM SCARLET HALLS so the last 3 days in a row i've been q'ing for scarlet halls in an attempt to defeat the last boss for a shot at the heroic dagger. I've been running the gate of the setting sun for that 1 also but it hasn't dropped a 2nd time for me yet and the klaxxi rep dagger takes longer to get. anyway everytime I q for scarlet halls via dungeon finder I join a group with atleast 2-3 people from the same server/guild who happen to wipe on the 2nd boss who casts blades of light whirlwind and they wipe on him over and over and over. I'm always patient, friendly, and offer advice on the fight. But, after the 6-7 wipe I usually say something like "woww rlyyyy??? " or "wats that 6 times????" which usually follows with the response "duuuuddde stop raging" followed by getting kicked. Now i'm locked out and can't re-q w/ dungeon finder soooo no loot. no JP. no chance at last boss for dagger stuck with a repair bill and however much time that took to get nothing done gone forever this kick abuse is rediculous especially when the person doing what they're suppose to is the 1 getting kicked. discussMinnopop25 Oct 7, 2012
Oct 7, 2012 Challenge mode dungeons question Is the different between challenge mode and heroic the fact that there is no gear and you are racing against the clock, or are the mobs more difficult as well? or is the difficulty the same as a heroic dungeon? Any feedback is appreciated :)Golilo4 Oct 7, 2012
Oct 7, 2012 Zul'Aman Is zul'aman mobs really that tough? Cause when i try to get inside on heroic mode(trying to get the amani battlebear). Well it was a mess, mob have 600k+ hp, and the boss is 4m, its like pandarian dungeon out there. Hmmm i just want to ask if the dungeon in que on cata heroics is the same if you go there on foot. Is it really like that?Lubù1 Oct 7, 2012
Oct 7, 2012 How? I'm relatively new to the game and I was wondering, how does one enter IceCrown Citadel without an available que?Aarthimus2 Oct 7, 2012
Oct 7, 2012 Sha of Anger Can the Sha of Anger be done more than once a week, and actually recieve gear from it?Mightymary10 Oct 7, 2012
Oct 7, 2012 Ilev 464 pvp gear I went to turn my hp in and grab a few peices of gear and can only find ilev 450 gear (hp). Did i miss somethig?? ive been rather busy camping for the peace pipe.Brocaine2 Oct 7, 2012
Oct 7, 2012 Why is this still happening? I thought Blizzard changed the Loot system in this xpac, so why is a non-tank still able to roll on a tank item and able to win over a tank? Why are spec rolls not in this loot system. already had to be forced to deal with past experience with this same problem. So why is nothing being donw to prevent this?Pariahdark9 Oct 7, 2012
Oct 7, 2012 No Rogue Mh dagger in lvling instances? So out of all 4 instances no one thought it was a good idea to put in a Mh agility dagger? Am I missing something here? 2/3 of my specs use daggers, what gives. Edit: I'm sorry, there are just simply no daggers at all, no need for mh/oh classification anyway but there are just no agi daggers.Ådp13 Oct 7, 2012
Oct 7, 2012 Black Temple (The Burning Crusade) The Black Temple is the fortress-citadel of Illidan Stormrage, Lord of Outland. It contains tier 6 set pieces as well as many notable items, including The Twin Blades of Azzinoth. It's also known for providing reputation for Ashtongue Deathsworn, easily earned through clearing the raid a few times. Like many TBC instances, Black Temple used to require attunement. This earned players the title of <Name>, Hand of A'dal which is no longer obtainable, even though the questline still exists. Optional Attunement 1. Complete the Tablets of Baa'ri (Aldor / Scryers) quest line which is a fairly lengthly questline in Shadowmoon Valley which also requires you to find an NPC in Tempest Keep: The Arcatraz. 2. Venture into Serpentshrine Cavern and speak to Seer Olum who is located in Fathom-Lord Karathress's room and accept The Secret Compromised. You must kill Fathom-Lord Karathress for him to come out. 3. Return to Akama in Shadowmoon Valley. 4. Complete Ruse of the Ashtongue by killing Al'ar in Tempest Keep: The Eye. 5. Complete optional attunement for Hyjal Summit: The Vials of Eternity. This requires players to loot vials from the end bosses in Tier 5 content: Lady Vashj and Kael'thas Sunstrider. 6. Enter Hyjal Summit and kill Rage Winterchill and loot Time-Phased Phylactery for An Artifact From the Past. 7. Turn in the linking quests to A'dal in Shattrath City and then to Xi'ri outside the Black Temple. 8. Xi'ri will give you A Distraction for Akama which rewards you with Medallion of Karabor. <Quick Facts> Level: 70 Required levels: 70+ Territory: Contested Instance type: Raid Number of players: 25 Location: Shadowmoon Valley Raid faction: Ashtongue Deathsworn Final boss: Illidan StormrageFlipz2 Oct 7, 2012
Oct 7, 2012 Best Solution for MoP Alt Rep Issue Simple: Require Revered or greater with any faction. At Revered allow players to purchase a bind on account tabard that awards double rep bonus for that faction in dungeons. This way players still have the rep grind that Blizzard wants us to have but it also provides a little more lead way on how players can choose to grind the Rep for alts.Nellee8 Oct 7, 2012
Oct 7, 2012 My item level is 465 but still can't use LFR Hi, my item level just hit 465, but I can't queue for raid finder, is it a bug?Shininghoof13 Oct 7, 2012
Oct 7, 2012 dam ninja looting in dungeons i thought by now wow would have fixed this i guess not, u have no clue how aggravating it is to run 3 randoms in a row get nothing. then on the 4 run something finally drops for me. i am a tank btw and i should have freaking guessed the plate dps needed and won it. its complete BS its not hard to fix something like that come on. if ur dps and tank stuff drops u should never be able to give the chance to need on it like parry or dodge is so going to help u. and all the people who are like how else am i supposed to get gear for my offspec hmm idk quest around to get your gear then que in that and start that way dont ninja stuff from people who really need it NERD RAGEBryceasuars40 Oct 7, 2012
Oct 7, 2012 Moshu'gun Vaults. As an entry level raid i find this superb! Didn't clear it on the first night but we don't raid for that long. I know apart of it has to be our gear but i just found the first and 2nd bosses perfectly tuned for a our gear level. I'm hoping that with the gear resets it rebukes back to the same difficulty as this raid is to us in 463 gear. Blizzard did really well and as a tank i'm enjoying it so far.Bobo13 Oct 7, 2012
Oct 7, 2012 An idea Hey. This is just a simple suggestion dealing with the after effects of being removed from a group. I understand the debuff, no problem... but when you run through the dungeon halfway...got half of the quests done...then say "Brb 2 mins" because life happens... You come back to see your back in SW (or wherever you were when you queued). Kind of frustrating and if your like me and hate seeing unfinished quests in your log... you have 1 of 2 choices. 1: Queue for random and hope you get the same dungeon. (but still having to go through it all again) 2: Queue specifically, but sacrifice the xp reward from randoms and have a longer queue time. (and of course...still having to go through all of it again.) My suggestion is...maybe... when one is removed from a group...place them in a seperate instance with the same progression. That way the group that removed them wont have to deal with them and the removed person doesnt have to start all over.They just wait a lil bit for the group to refill (some punishment at least but not so much as to get frustrated). Everyones happy. :)Ziyla9 Oct 7, 2012
Oct 7, 2012 Feng the Accursed epicenter "interruptable??" Hey guys, just finished tonight's raid and im trying to figure out HOW you interrupt his epicenter, i interrupted it once but it was mostly luck, anyone here consistently interrupt it every time? Im stealing his Lightning Fist and using it while hes casting epicenter but its still not working >=(Casulamaul27 Oct 7, 2012
Oct 7, 2012 When are rep changes coming? So I find this "fix" to not be a fix at all, and just a lazy attempt to band-aid it; BUT We're stuck with it, so I'm wondering when is it coming? Even as someone who works 80 hours a week I still have 2 90s, and my second alt needs the rep. Since I'm not doing dailies on him for 3 months also, bonus should probably be brought in sooner than 5.1.Teodoro7 Oct 7, 2012
Oct 7, 2012 Jade is green, Jasper is [Stone Guard] Speaking as a JCer, and the fact that just last expanion you already classified Jasper as being green. It would make this tank very happy if you would rename the Jasper stone guardian into Ruby. Having 2 "Ja" mobs both of which are green in my mind, doesnt go to well for this tank. Jade Ruby Amethyst. Please.Eillesa10 Oct 7, 2012
Oct 7, 2012 Challenge modes need better rewards Ok so for the last several days Iv been trying to do challenge modes, and well it isn't going so great. Been trying to find a guild for them or just some dedicated individuals but literally no one wants to run them let alone get gold. Iv narrowed it down to three reasons. 1-There actually challenging and no one wants a challenge. 2-Pretty much the only good reward you get is cool transmog gear that most don't really like anyway. 40-60 valor doesn't count cause by the time you can buy something with it you'll have something better. 3-having to rely on bringing certain classes for cd's like bloodlust, shroud of concealment and army of the dead along with annoying gimmicks like invis potions. So far I have done two challenge mode pugs from trade chat. "because no guilds are running them". The first was stormstout brewery, we managed to finish it but didn't even get bronze and the second was shado-pan monastery and we couldn't get past the first boss because everyone left after one wipe. "guess they thought they would be as easy as heroics". Also everyone was at least i463+. While the transmog gear is enough reason for me to do them it seems it's not enough for everyone else on my server. I don't want them nerfed or anything I just want to be able to do them and get gold eventually but it seems that ain't gana happen because no one wants to do them. So blizz could you please figure out some kind of reward or something for them to get people more motivated to do them? Would be greatly appreciated!!!Immolatus40 Oct 7, 2012
Oct 6, 2012 Healing in dungeons question? Okay, I've never played as a healer in a dungeon & I really want to try it, but I honestly have no clue what to do lol. What class would be best for me (for my first time) & just tips you can give me for my first healer? I'm sorry if I sound like a newb, I just don't want to mess up on my first time. >.< Thanks in advance. :)Hànnàh6 Oct 6, 2012
Oct 6, 2012 LFD Goodie Bag broken This is seriously broken. When I see the mysterious bag show up in my LFD queue window I click on queue. Then a second later it asks me to accept the random dungeon but by that time the bag is no longer a reward. Would it be too much to ask if the bag persists as a reward by the time you enter the dungeon? This is completely broken.Liquidation3 Oct 6, 2012
Oct 6, 2012 how to elegon trash the way we found out how to do it 1 tank takes the 2 adds forgot the name but its the 2 adds that do the blue thing (yea i know super descrptive) lol anyways tank those adds you want to get hit by the cleave so it knocks you back when you get knocked back he gets a buff that if they melee you it does insane raid damage so with that being sad tank them and get knocked back and run away then turn around in that room and get knocked back again fairly simple trash once we figured that out hope this helps someone :)Protshotz1 Oct 6, 2012
Oct 6, 2012 Change looting pls How hard is to make a change to loot rolls...apparently too hard. Have a need, off-spec need, greed, disenchant, and don't want buttons. Also make it where you have it where tanks get there gear with needs and not dps and apply to all other loot. Getting sick of people needing on http://www.wowhead.com/item=81136/cloak-of-hidden-flasks when they are a mage, warlock, enhance shaman and have lost rolls multiple times to these classes its really pathetic. It doesn't help too that my account seems to be one that favors low rolls. I just want to win gear that I made the effort for and not some dps that didn't heal the fight or just doesn't need it for hit. If they want the loot play that spec maybe they will learn there class too while there at itElreiya9 Oct 6, 2012
Oct 6, 2012 LRF not working?!?! I have an ilvl of 463 and I still can't q for lfr. is it broken? help. tried reloading.Myraa1 Oct 6, 2012
Oct 6, 2012 How are there two kills on bosses already? I've noticed the armory pages of certain guilds already have killed bosses in MV x2, how is this possible?Eatdamurloc5 Oct 6, 2012
Oct 6, 2012 How do you handle Feng phase 2? After we figured out you could copy the stun to stop his Epicenter in phase 1, things got easier, but we were getting wrecked by the healing in P2. Our dps was such that he got four Draw Flames per phase, so we negated the second and fourth and let the first (small) one and third go. Even with the raid stacked and burning all our CDs, the damage was overwhelming and rapidly OOMed heals or picked someone off. Are we missing something that allows us to prevent him getting 15, 20+ stacks?Styrofoam7 Oct 6, 2012
Oct 6, 2012 Mote of harmony in instances I have found that motes of harmony drop in instances - this good. What's not good is whoever loots first gets it. Which means while I'm sitting there drinking to replace the mana before the tank chain pulls, I will NEVER get one. Maybe you can make it drop to a PERSON in an instance, or similar to the quest items where if it drops, each person can have one?Mendii4 Oct 6, 2012
Oct 6, 2012 dungeon help! plz! Well i am trying to get to lv to 60 to buy the field marshals pvp gear its only 585 honor all together and its pretty good ik it may be a waste i know i should wait till 80 or 85 but i dont feel like it:) so on to the question from lv 34 spending 4 hours a day doing dunegons estimated how long would it take? and what is the best pvp gear at lv 60 thankyou:DRafous1 Oct 6, 2012
Oct 6, 2012 Spirit Kings - Maddening Shout Specifics? Hi folks, So we just downed Spirit Kings, but Maddening Shout seemed to easily be the most difficult part of the encounter - mainly because when it went off, it seemed like we took heaaaps of damage before it disipated. I know that it does 65k dmg per 3 secs while it's up, and is supposed to break on 40k damage, but: 1) Does the 40k damage have to be from one person? The dungeon journal does make it sound like that - it says "40,000 damage from another player", rather than "40,000 damage from other players". We had two players assigned to AoE; should we instead be designating one player because it needs to be a single player? 2) What HP level should the raid be expected to be at after it's been broken? Is it normal for a lot of players to be around 20-30%? Thanks for any help!Notatroll1 Oct 6, 2012
Oct 6, 2012 Elegon Weird bug or just Vengeance? So did some attempts on Elegon last night, and I've been scratching my head over what the heck happened on this attempt here: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/xqf9vd5juq9qs3vi/sum/damageDone/?s=11486&e=11905 I don't really see how even having a massive amount of vengeance along with the damage buff+debuff, but maybe that is all it was, along with the fact that WoL counts stagger damage as damage done.... Did anyone see anything like this or have any insight to it? According to recount My max melee hit was 1.1mill, and my max Keg smash 3.8mill sort of throws the "it was stagger" out the window. I mean If i wasn't so high compared to the others I probably wouldn't have thought too much about it but.... Being almost 2x the dps below is odd.Zengrid7 Oct 6, 2012
Oct 6, 2012 Weird Happenings So i hit lvl ten the other day and decide to queue for warsong and AB, and when the queue procs i hit enter battle. Before i even get the load screen i get the DD debuff and i dont know how. I try this for 2 more hours and get the same result. So i go to my other toons on another realm and i can queue just fine and get in. Can anyone tell me whats up? I even uninstalled everything and installed it back. Still screwyRawrroar0 Oct 6, 2012
Oct 6, 2012 Challenge mode time I got a question. Challenge mode time. Will it get reset once a while or will the time to get gold is so short that it's will be impossible for others to get it?. I am just curious.Mordecays5 Oct 6, 2012
Oct 6, 2012 Getting worn down by drop rates i am making this as I am getting worn thin by the drop rates for tanks. After doing heroics for almost 9 hours now I have 5 heroic items. 5.. I made some friends and so on but I have also geared 4 hunters 3 mage's and countless healer's. But out of all this time I haven't geared me enough to the point I can raid. Yes I am getting a small 30 val. Pre run I do and I am at 660 or something like that now but the JP's are a joke! Nothing I can get is upgrade which means I need val's and HEROIC DROPS. If you want take all my JP's everyone one of them. I do not need them as they are pointless but I do need gear. Gear is used so I can do raids. So I can continue on with the story of the factions and stop doing daily unless I want to. But making it so that a tank doesn't get gear till every 5th or 6th run is just going over board. More gear I get the easier it is for me to do heroics. The easier it is for me to be healed the easier the run goes. This means I can help the DPS get gear if I have gear. So in short. WHY DOES IT TAKE SO LONG FOR TANK GEAR? Do not say it is random... We both know it isn'tSoultear5 Oct 6, 2012
Oct 6, 2012 25m Elegon questions for those that killed it Among the 25m guilds that have killed it. Stage 1 questions: 1. How many tanks are you using in 25m? 2. If you are using two, how are you dealing with the tank swaps on Elegon to clear stacks of Overload? 3. Are you swapping tanks per summoning of Celestial Protector so the tank that was on Elegon can clear stacks of overload? 4. How many stacks of overload are you allowing your Elegon tank to get before clearing them? 5. Are you having both melee and ranged switch to the Celestial Protector or alternating who switched on the protector in order to keep maximum dps uptime on Elegon during stage 1. After wiping 14 times last night to this boss I feel like we need to clean up our execution of stage 1. Stage 2 and 3 seemed to go ok for us, but then struggled again in cycle 2, stage 1.Mercone5 Oct 6, 2012
Oct 6, 2012 Soooo devs! When are you gonna decide to..... Add tanking weapons to the 5 man dungeons? I should not have to wait 2 months for a blacksmith to do all the rep grind to get the patterns to have 1 crafted. The only TWO weapons that drop from the 5 mans that are even relatively close to tank weapons have no hit, parry, or dodge on them. 1 has mastery and expertise the other has crit and expertise.Heartgrave9 Oct 6, 2012
Oct 6, 2012 Boosting ilvl with useless brewfest trink So I was doing the brewfest boss to get the +dodge trink and the + crit trink and those +stam kept dropping. Since i got both of them already (wont be using though) i saw the dps needing on them so i asked a hunter why he needed and he said. One of this will put me directly into heroics. Two of this will put me directly into LFR. I can see ppl in mostly questing gear using those trinkets to boost their ilvl so they can get carried.Vingador16 Oct 6, 2012
Oct 6, 2012 LFR and ilvl requirments. I see a lot of complaining about the ilvl you need to get into LFR and even heroics. Some players maybe have been playing since vanilla, others BC (like me), wrath, Cata, or the new players who joined MoP. Let me tell you something most people already know about this game... You have to EARN your gear. If you want to get into heroics, you either que for normals (which give you the gear you need to get into heroics) or spend JPs for the gear ilvl 450. Once you get into heroics you grind some more to get the gear up to ilvl 463 or spend valor points to vendors of factions you should have been grinding by now that you are 90. Heroic gear more than meets the standards Blizzard has set in order to get into the LFR part of the game. Yes, your gear might not have dropped. So what? Do them the next day. In order to see the top tier content you have to put in the effort. I worked and grinded for my gear. Did dailies every single day till I got the epic patterns for tailoring and bought my epic ring with valor points. Not to mention the 6 Imperial Silk that takes a WEEK to get without Spirts. I put in my time and I deserve to see the content. I want to be there with people who earned it and put in the time to see the best of what Blizzard has to offer.Wixers32 Oct 6, 2012
Oct 6, 2012 Did heroics really need to be THIS easy? ... Before you get angry over what you've most likely jumped to assume is "another casual vs. hardcore" thread, let me just preface something: While I was a really big fan of the initial release cata heroics, I do recognize their fatal flaws that ultimately lead to what we see today with the 4.3 and 5.0 heroics. I'm not here to ask for a return to gruelingly challenging 2 hour heroic dungeons, I just kind of want to take a little time to analyze and discuss both the previous system and how we are now, and why I think there is a better balance somewhere else. For starters, I just want to list off the pros and cons of both systems. (Considering gearing method and things to do are a part of this discussion, I will also include other relevant items such as point acquisition, rep. ect.) 4.0: pros: They were many and varied. I didn't really start getting bored of them until long after we had been raiding. Bosses were reasonably challenging and had very interesting mechanics. Some of them honestly felt like mini raid bosses to work on and achieve a kill, especially at lower gear lvs. Due to a mix of factors such as guild lving being a new thing, the difficulty of the heroics, and the benefit to having a comp with a good # of interrupts and CC, it was the environment that formed guild bonding through dungeon groups, something that sometimes gets lost in a large 25m raiding guild. We would hop on vent and spend the next 2 hours or so having a blast trying to work our way through heroics. Cons: Because of factors such as the importance of group comp, the healer mana changes, and the overall coordination needed to complete them, they were extremely painful to PuG, and there were some days where if a guild group wasn't on I didn't bother, and even with a guild group, early on you could expect to be there for quite a while if you got one of the longer or more challenging instances like HoO or GB. You had to be pretty dam sure you had the time to run it. This obviously caused a problem for a lot of casual players who simply didn't have the time to risk wasting 2hrs in a heroic for a failed PuG or even not getting any drops. Also: trash being hard just wasn't any fun... there really isn't any way to dispute that... To add to this problem, you could only earn valor from heroics once per day, so you really NEEDED to play everyday if you didn't want to fall behind. There wasn't a lot else to do if you wanted to PvE, but you couldn't dedicate the time for brutal heroics. There were only 3 max lv normal dungeons that certainly didn't cover a full gear set. (also keep in mind that at this point normals gave far less JP than they do now. If I remember right bosses didn't even drop any, and you only got a little from daily completions.) There weren't a ton of daily quests to do for rep, the ones that were there were relatively static and uninteresting and at the end of the day it was faster to rep up through tabbard dungeon grinding, something you couldn't easily do if heroics are an issue for you. (and even then, not a whole lot of gear out of there, even if there were some nice upgrades.) Crafting was almost not an option since the only way to get 346/359 crafted gear was with chaos orbs, which were BoP, dropped from the difficult heroics, and because of how valuable they were people charged a fortune for any crafted gear that used them. Finally, raids were really not PuGable, and if you had no heroic gear good luck getting into one in the 1st place. Continued...Darthelmet51 Oct 6, 2012
Oct 6, 2012 gating raid finder Does anyone else see this as being completely pointless? Anyone who feels that they're going to have to run raid finder raids every week to at least get the raid finder level gear to upgrade from blues are going to do it every week, while people who don't care are just going to not do it. Gating the stuff does absolutely nothing, except for be a pointless wait for the people who raid finder was intended for.Siaria29 Oct 6, 2012