Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios

Aug 30, 2012 LFR - Finally removing loot pirates I just wanted to say I am extremely happy about the change made to the LFR loot system. Gone are the days where loot pirates get the opportunity to roll on gear they already have only to hold it hostage for another piece of loot. I have read through several posts concerning the LFR loot system. The thing I found was that no one made a single valid point on why the old system was 'good.' In summary: Blizzard, thank you for removing the training ground for ninja pirates.Grayvie0 Aug 30, 2012
Aug 30, 2012 Pugs turning off raid nerf It happened in ICC and I've had it happen a few times in DS. I'm sure some people will say normal mode should be faceroll even with zero percent nerf. Lets not get into that. I just want some way of knowing (a) the nerf has been turned off without having to constantly watch for the little icon and (b) who turned it off. A nice idea would be a raidwide Yell when someone turns off the nerf, naming who turned it off. And then when you go and talk to the npc, he will tell you who turned it off.Ailyth5 Aug 30, 2012
Aug 30, 2012 Dungeons/Raids released before MoP Hi this might sound like a stupid question, but are any dungeons or raids released before the expansion comes out? Or does all content begin after the expansion is released? Thanks (:Guarantee1 Aug 30, 2012
Aug 30, 2012 Screwed out of Shadowmourne stuff Well, today I recently downed Icecrown Citadel 25 man on HM. Finishing my Shadowmourne halfway, I happily picked up the quest for the Lich king kill and the chest. Okay, so after a wipe, some QQ, some kicks, we downed him. As I eagerly passed out the loot and scrolled down to the chest, it said "You cannot pick up this item right now". It happened again and again and again. So defeated I turned in the quest. I've read right now that it's an Master Loot bug that makes the items outside such as the Jaw for the Rogue legendaries act like the same way. Will Blizzard give me the chest manually or will I be cheated? Please give me your insight.Phobetor3 Aug 30, 2012
Aug 30, 2012 I've never raided before. Any advice to help? Soon this character will have the ilvl to run LFR. it is very late in the expansion so I figured this would be the best time to start. Why did I wait so long? Because all valor gear has now been converted into JP and although it may be hard to believe I have never raided a single time in my 5 years of playing Wow. I just never got around to doing it. Now that lfr has been made available I feel less pressure being put onto me. However raiding may still have it's requirements even in lfr. Any advice on what I should do before and during the raid? Im not very familiar with the raid/dungeon differences. Any help if needed will be greatly appreciated. Try and be nice about it.Alkyria6 Aug 30, 2012
Aug 30, 2012 Help with old raids I began playing at the beggining of Cata and I always wanted to try the pre cata raids like icecrown and such. Is there a way to join a raid by myself? I always thought you needed a raid group to be able to go into any raid instance?Vegolas2 Aug 30, 2012
Aug 30, 2012 Tempest Keep buffed? Last few weeks, my friend and I have been running TK for the mount. (He is helping me to get it, since Ive helped him out alot) Anyway, since the patch we not cant 2 man TK anymore. Was Kael buffed or something? When my friend(or myself) were mcced and tried to use the weapons to get rid of the mc nothing happened either. Been trying to get this mount for a few years, and seems like we cant kill kael anymore. :(Darowen3 Aug 30, 2012
Aug 30, 2012 I rather have 25g.... than a useless tier token that vendors for 5g. Please remove the 2 hr refund timer for tier trade-ins so I could at least get 10+g for LFR tier token without sitting in Stormwind for 2 hrs.Rawrbert2 Aug 30, 2012
Aug 30, 2012 Dungeons1hko? was running dungeons last night with some guildies, and we had a very well geard tank all 397 with some 410 pieces and he got one shotted by a single mob just a lone mob and we was all O.O wth just happend, so what gives?Lådÿståßs1 Aug 30, 2012
Aug 30, 2012 can i still get saviour? with the new patch out, i had change my main from hunter to rogue. i just want to check whether am i still able to get savior for my rogue if i complete my heroic ds run this week?Jemylette4 Aug 30, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Glyph: Tricks of the Trade Glyphing Tricks post patch seems like its an all or nothing type deal. I want to have every rogue doing it or none of them. What are your opinions as to what works out better?Ninjablaze4 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Lfr loot no, im not QQ'ing just a simple question. From what i heard, the last time i heard about it anyway, it was supposed to be spec based. true? not true?Skittlës4 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 BC heroic damage So I was playen around wanting to try the new aoe loot that is win btw and I was getting hit for 2500 to 3500 or more where the damage used to not be life threatening? Im wondering why? what did they change?Woopenator3 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Reins of the Raven Lord Just noticed that Reins of the Raven Lord seems to not be in Anzu's loot table according to the dungeon journal. Has that mount been removed? Does anyone know?Kalitri2 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 So LFR DW drops nothing now? Just went to lfr dw on my mage and won one of the bags. Since I've been trying to get the staff since it launched I was hoping that it would be inside, but I got 25g. Made no sense for me since my mage still has a 378 wep. So I looked on the dungeon journal and theres no loot table for him. Also its worth mentioning that someone on another boss got a bag and won a tier token even though that person already had that tier piece.Jofe17 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 New LFR loot system is wonderful! From looking across the forums this morning I can tell that many people despise the new loot system in the raid finder, and I can't really understand why. Remember all the trolls who already had the 410 version of the item you NEED, but they decide to roll on it just to be a jerk? God, I remember running Fall of Deathwing five times to see Vishanka, Jaws of the Earth drop, only to be taken by one of the three freaking hunters who already had the heroic one, let alone the same item in the first place. Basically, I think the new loot system has finally put an end to the stress and frustration in raid finder looting. It's different when it matches you with 25 random people, because many don't get the sense of morality as they would in a server or guild group. Imo good work Blizzard!Asmodian14 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 H DW bug? So we ran DS like normal yesterday no big deal. The issue? Congealing bloods, they were immune to slows (ice trap,chillblains,etc) did anyone else have this issue yesterday? heres some logs is anyone can try to figure it out >.< http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-gdkuuklwkimax5y4/?s=9281&e=10196Phaeroh4 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Level 60 raiding guild recruitment Hello, Razer here, We are looking to recruit more members for our level 60 raiding guild. We are located on galakrond US alliance. We are considering all players atm and we will require you to twink, not just join to get some gear for those few days at level 60-63. Feel free to add me real ID momnube@yahoo.com and leave a note that you're interested in Razer.Sheepy7 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Scarlet Monastery dropping plate The new scarlet monastery loot tables include Plate gear when the instances are designed around level 30ish charactrers, who obviously do not wear plate until level 40Ligfyr4 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 [H] ICHYOTSOHAIA, last day - LFM ICHYOTSOHAIA tomorrow from 3-5 PM EST: openraid.us/r/49875.Insertion10 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Raiding groups Since the new patch, have the raids (DS/FL/etc.) gone away? I don't see them listed in the LFR.Patril1 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Low FPS / Major lag on some bosses My guild ran a reg DS last night just to test out our new specs and whatnot. When we made it all the way to the airship; as soon as we entered combat when the first 2 guys droped down on the boat my FPS went below 1. The whole entire raid on every other boss was fine, I did not have any lag or FPS issues. Also, After we beat the boss and combat was over my FPS went back to the normal 60. It was only during combat that I could not play due to having >1 FPS. We did spine after and my FPS was fine for that fight. I tried to turn my graphics down during the encounter but that did not help. My wife who was playing right next to me in the same raid group had perfect FPS, as did everyone else in the raid group. IDK what happened... Has anyone else seen this? Heard of this? Experienced this?Hebhes3 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Dungeon kicks because of gear? Why am I getting kicked from dungeons because of gear? I just got this toon to level 85 and have better pvp gear than what you can get with justice points. Plus I can not get valor gear until I have run the higher dungeons. Not to mention that I am running heroics within 9% (total dps) of top dps in heroic groups, if not top. Bliz should get rid of the level 85 justice/valor gear and making it easier to get better gear in dungeons or make it more difficult to kick over gear insanity.Lormack55 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Warlock pets Am i the only one that has his warlock pet die at the start of any dungeon or raid boss? I have the taunt turn off on my pets. Is it just a bugg in the new patch?Urmomiskool3 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Account-wide Raid Achievements Anyone else liking how this is setup currently? Like for example, if you do a few bosses on a main toon for a "glory of the DS raider" you see them on an alt. This is very good for a lot of reasons like now you cant get turned down for trying to raid on an alt.Neostrike3 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 AoE looting and goldfarmers... How do you think aoe looting will affect farming old raids/dungeons? Other than the obvious decrease in time it takes (5 minutes to clear, 15 to loot everything like it was) what ripple effects do you anticipate? Older enchant mat prices dropping through the floor? Lowbie boe greens flooding the ah? Gold-selling companies farming dungeons/raids on hacked accounts instead of just stripping them and dumping them?Porkchopd6 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Hit 85- can't queue. I just dinged 85 on my warlock and tried to get back into random LFD, and it now says I don't meet the requirements. Mind, I'm not trying to get into Heroics or HoTs, I'm trying to get into the same instances I was getting into before, simply random LFD. What's changed with this patch that doesn't allow random normals anymore?Xzaarus5 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 DS 35% debuff now in effect Seemed to get hotfixed in about half an hour ago, if that. The final nail.Advo13 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 [H] lf2m dps Herald of the Titans, x-realm Forming up a solid group of experienced raiders, some of whom have completed the achievement before on other toons (including myself). Trying to go the week after this, so the weekend of the 8th of September. Looking for two appropriately geared, competent dps who are familiar with the fight. Ranged or melee; doesn't matter. Please carry a full complement of cata flasks, food and potions (permitted on this fight). Tips here: http://rapidfirewow.wordpress.com/2011/11/21/herald-of-the-titans-in-cataclysm/ Contact me on my main, Changaiz of <Project Icarus> on Ner'zhul, or add me via battletag: Chungaze#1942 Hope to hear from you soon!Bowmontana1 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Raid Finder - Has it been buffed/bugged? Is it just me, or has Raid Finder been buffed up since the patch? Just went into a fresh Raid Finder to shake out the cobwebs and test out the new Hunter changes. Everything seems to be going ok until we got to Morchok. Now, it's been a good couple of months since I last had a go at him on Raid Finder, but I seem to remember him being barely a blip on the effort meter. This time though? He was ripping chunks from us! His stomp was dragging everyone to near dead! At this point, someone mentioned something from the Dungeon Journal, namely that the Stomp damage listed for RF Morchok was HIGHER than that of Regular OR Heroic 25 man Morchok. Anyone else noticed any issues? Do we reckon it's bugged?Etcetera5 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 The Siege of Wyrmrest Temple bug Im in a LFR and we are on Morchock and hes basically 1 shotting us with stomp. Idk if this is a bug but its angering and needs to be fixed.Zyrux0 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Wowreforge broken; other sites? I hate trying to reforge by hand.Ghatok3 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 New loot system for LFR active in the patch? I read all of the patch notes and this was not mentioned Seems only release of MoP will bring the new LFR loot system or maybe they just forgot to put this in patch notes?Crica3 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 The Culling of Stratholme Infinite Corruptor? Is the Infinite Corruptor boss gone from The Culling of Stratholme with the newest patch? This really sucks! I finally figured out how to get him to spawn and when I tried it today after the patch, there was no timer and no Infinite Corruptor in the end! There is no notes about the removal of this boss with the patch, can you guys fix the issue? Thanks!Echomike2 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 This is how you fix LFR: Here's the problems: Content getting burned through too quickly, people cheating the queue ilvl to get in, randoms not giving any effort or not knowing their classes, loot issues (which appear to have been fixed) etc. Here's the solution: Connect the two. Release a raid with 10 bosses, the first 4-5 of which are only available in LFR difficulty, and the rest only available in regular/heroic. Casuals get an easy raid fix, hardcores get to cruise through the 'ez mode' beginning part and collect gear to prep for the more difficult portion. Think back to ICC. How simple was it to organize and run a pug for the first 4 bosses? How much harder was it to down LK or even Prof Put for that matter with the same 'thrown together' group? Require raiders to run the LFR content to access the regular. Hardcores can queue and get their LFR cleared at any time during the week prior to the scheduled guild runs, which in essence puts them 'on display' for casuals who might know how to gem/enchant/use spell priorities. Not to mention carrying kids and flexing their epeens all at once.Porkchopd11 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Server crossings. I have been leveling a druid to 85, and of course, I've been doing some dungeons. Now, the problem that I have is, lately, I've been running into people from the server Gallywix, which happens to be a Brazil server. Anyone else see a problem here? If you do not, my issue is, I do not want ot be running a dungeon with people who do not speak english, for it annoys me. I don't know about anyone else, but it's really bothersome when they don't understand you, nor do you understand them. Now, my second issue is, the god damn dungeon deserter bullcrap. Now, if I leave a dungeon, it's for a damn good reason. Why should I be penalized for it? Anyone else agree with me?Cptslipyfist102 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Let's identify the LFR problem Upfront disclaimer: My own issues with LFR have been addressed in my other thread. Thanks again for all who listened and contributed. Still, I'm a problem-solver at heart, and I enjoy puzzles/finding solutions to things. Hence this thread. We've got a lot of smart people here. And a lot of passionate people here. They aren't mutually exclusive, but let's try to keep this constructive and not let passion override reason (I'm probably more guilty than most here). It seems that the real issue here is that people (whoever you are) should only run LFR if you actually want to. That makes sense to me. Is that the issue? If so, would doing something like this: If you loot a boss in normal/heroic you cannot receive loot from an lfr boss this week. If you loot a boss in lfr you cannot receive loot from normal/heroic this week. None of this affects lockouts, so new specs, exposure, helping friends, etc can still happen in LFR if you choose; you just have to run normal or heroic first that week. Work? What do you think? Any other thoughts or suggestions?Ghatok48 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 28, 2012 Cant enter low level raids? Im not sure, if this is a bug or not. But, now I cannot enter a BC raid, without having to que up for it? I like giving myself the challenge and hassle of farming for stuff and now I cant enter a low level raid? :(Darowen1 Aug 28, 2012
Aug 28, 2012 Enabling a Sandbox-Mode Feature to Dungs/Raid If it isn't already obvious, this game is a sandbox type of a game; you can go nearly anywhere you want to. I was curious if anyone would kind of like this for dungeons. I was thinking it could be a nice little addition to the PvE world that we live in :) The Idea: Sandbox-Mode for dungeons lets anyone, at any level, enter any dungeon they want to, regardless of their level. However, if you have this Feature enabled; the following will happen when you enter the dungeon: 1. Any Level requirement for dungeons/raids are disabled. 2. Any Achievements for dungeons/raids are disabled while inside the dungeon/raid. 3. Any NPCs that give reputation or experience will no longer give them. 4. Any Dungeon or Raid that may 'Lock' or 'Save' your character, to that specific instance, will no longer be applied. 5. Any Gear, items, gold, etc that may drop from NPCs will no longer drop. 6. Dungeon reset limits are removed. Meaning there is no longer a 'cap' on how many dungeons you can enter at a single given time-period(IE: Dungeon Resets) 7. You cannot Que for Random Dungeons/LFR with this feature enabled. 8. Any Dungeon/Raids that require Attunment, Keys, etc no longer are required to enter them. 9. You must be in a raid group in order to enter these instances. 10. Any Damage or deaths will no longer damage your gear. Your gear becomes 'invulnerable' to durability-loss. 11. There is no longer a "body requirement" for dungeons/raids. Any # of people may be in the same instance, regardless of the raid type(10m/25m). Why would this be a nice addition to WoW: - First off, for end game, this would be very helpful to any PvE Guild. One thing that will be helpful @endgame PvE is you won't get saved to any raids. You could practice killing a boss countless times until your dedicated group has that boss figured out. Even after killing the boss, you can reset the instance as many times as you would like without having to worry about getting saved either. This will help build a stronger and more dedicated team. - Another reason why this would be helpful for endgame PvE is for those hardcore dedicated guilds. If you ever wondered: "How well does this druid heal", "His gear is good but does he even know how to DPS?", "Does this tank even know this boss fight?" these are things that guilds will want to know before inviting them to their guild and get them involved with their raids. So an easy way to figure this out is grab a few peoples, invite the person who wants to join, and see how he does with this feature enabled. Guilds can use this Feature to 'try-out' people to see how well they perform before risking getting saved to a boss fight. - This brings me to my next point. With this feature enabled, you can have any number of players in your raid group(40 being the max) while doing a raid. This means if you are doing a 10man raid, you can do it with 15, 20, 25, etc etc people; Any # of people can participate. This will be applied to dungeons as well. Dungeons are no longer restricted to only 5 people, you can have as many as you want in the dungeon. This will be helpful when you want to try different comps, or as the same reason above; have someone sit out and try out the 'new guy, see wut he gots'. For this specific reason, there's a lot of benefits :) - Another cool reason that this feature might be helpful is for those different Boss Phases. After you get a boss to a certain phase, their abilities change. If your raid group struggles in this phase and they can't progress/practice other phases/bosses, than having more than the recommended(10m/25m) will help! - Now something people not realize, this will be a fun feature for more than just endgame. As we all know, there are other raids as well. Level 60 raids, level 70 raids, level 80, and in a few short weeks, 85 raids will be 'in the past'. For those who wish to do the same thing, but for a lower level guild(old school lvl 60 guild) they could use this feature as well. - Lets not forget even lower! For those who do not know, it is not uncommon for "Twinks" to engage in PvE as well. I know for a fact that level 10 twinks can Solo Deadmines and Wailing Caverns without much trouble. What if a group a level 10 twinks wanted to 'raid' a higher difficulty dungeon and possibly create their own type of "endgame raids" but @level 10! And we could go even lower, there's tons of youtube videos of level 1 twinks taking down level 20-30 even level 40 NPCs! Why not let them engage in a real dungeon for just the fun of it! I am sure there are tons of reasons why this feature could be fun and a useful feature that everyone could have a use for; not including my own reasons. I just thought I'd share this idea and maybe if we get enough +Likes blizzard will see it and release it in a future Patch in MoP :) Thank you for reading everyone! Reply to this thread and let me know what you think :)Bloodblitz9 Aug 28, 2012
Aug 28, 2012 Mount Loot Something is bothering me. In raids/dungeons where you can find low drop rated mounts, why cant someone that already has the mount.....not be able to need on the dang thing??Loydchebus7 Aug 28, 2012
Aug 28, 2012 So LFR quality drops on mondays huh? This is my first attempt at a monday LFR, and it's really scaring me. 1 wipe on ultraxion trash, 1 on ultraxion, 2 so far on gunship (this is all on my pally). Yikes.Ghatok18 Aug 28, 2012
Aug 28, 2012 Imagine this raid... Sargeras is finally brought back into the world, and our role would be to send him back! This could happen in the caverns of time, but i just think it'd be insane to see the lore they could put into it! like how gul'dan died, and illidan took over the eye :O I'm getting excited just thinking about it. The name of the raid could be something like "Siege of Sargeras" idk just a random thought i wanted to share ^.^Hukgrave1 Aug 28, 2012
Aug 28, 2012 Looking for people to do ZA (H) I am looking for people to do ZA timed event. We will do it once a day until our whole group gets the mounts. I am looking for a tank,healer and 2 dps. Put down your name here if you want to do ZA.Zokorzik5 Aug 28, 2012
Aug 28, 2012 A Rebirth of WoW... I’ve been thinking a lot lately about how raiding is now compared to how it was back in previous expansions. It use to be more fun! Classic was a challenge. It wasn’t just the content and mechanics so much as trying to get 40 people to work together. You remember the Rag or Ony kills? I was happy with the change to 10 and 25 man raids in BC. Kara, Gruul, Mag, SSC... The content was fun, challenging, and time consuming. It use to take 2 days to clear some of those raids... not 2 hours. Things changed when we moved in to Wrath. Naxx was a blast and it was good to see the content that so few got to see in Classic. Ony was a joke... Blizz got lazy. They brought Naxx forward so why not bring Ony forward too? The gear was even the same. They just changed the item level. It looked so out of place. Then came ICC. Fresh content. A challenge (at least in the beginning before they nerfed it). A staggered release of the wings. But with that gear came a new problem that wasn’t as prevalent in previous expansions. We became so powerful that the old content within the same expansion was no longer a challenge. You could stand in stupid all day long and clear it. Wrath brought about the death of player skill. Nothing could be more true in Cata. Early raiding was a challenge because of the difference between heroic 5 man gear and BoT/BWD. But with each new raid, and 5 mans to give the old gear away for free, the older content became obsolete. With each new raid the world became smaller - consisting of nothing more than your home city, 1 raid, and a few zones to farm mats in. The game became boring! Blizz has said Mists will change all of this. Mists will open up the world to the players. New factions, new rep, new 5 mans, new raids. But will this really change anything? If they continue to give gear away so everyone can see the end game content, will the world really be open?Moomer27 Aug 28, 2012
Aug 28, 2012 New Cavern's of time Raid? Hey does anyone else think it would be awesome to have a "Cavern's of Time: Fall of Lordaeron" Raid?Baldris13 Aug 28, 2012
Aug 28, 2012 Old Content (instances) With the advent of Transmogrification, and the re-doing of Scholomance, Scarlet Monastery (in addition to the re-design of Deadmines and Shadowfang Keep [not to mention Naxx-40]), could you guys maybe implement a Bronze Dragonflight NPC in the cities that would let you 'go back in time' and experience the old content? Restrict it to player-made groups, if you want, but I think it's a little sad that we're losing and have lost so many wonderful transmogrification options. =( I'm really, really going to miss Scholomance with the 6 faculty. v_v So many memories....Petersen1 Aug 28, 2012
Aug 28, 2012 HoT Dungeon gear for transmog After making a priest on the MoP Beta I realized that I actually liked the HoT gear set for cloth casters (white set with spirit). I decided that I was going to farm for this gear and transmog to it. After looking through the dungeon journal I realized only half the set is in the drop tables. I believe parts of it were obtained through the quest lines. My problem is that I have already completed those quests and have already taken gear from them (at the time I most likely DE'd what I got). If I put in a ticket do you think blizzard will have mercy on me? Do you think they will be able to reset or reactivate the quests or items? I really like the look of this set...Raeza2 Aug 28, 2012
Aug 28, 2012 Saturday Morning LFR I guess it just takes more patience, but why are there so many griefers?Trilha12 Aug 28, 2012
Aug 28, 2012 X realm Sinestra tonight 8/27 So have a locked save and wanting to do before the servers rest for panda. Whos excited right?! Doing Sinestra tonight HORDE cross servers in 1 hour from now . Around 6PM PST will start invites. We were gettin her to p4 a few hours ago with pure pug but cutters were killing us and people had to go. Add me beowulf02195@yahoo.com for an invite. Will need all, please know fight and how to do the cutters (Or are a fast learner) . If your a Deeps have at least 30k min pl0x ty. Rdps is preferred, and healers are covered but one of us can swap out to go dps if you are a competent healer and know how to deal with the dispels.Fluffytree4 Aug 28, 2012
Aug 27, 2012 LF Tank - Herald of the titans run, today So I had a tank drop out of my group for later today, and am attempting to find one for the run. If your interested post here. If you still need a few pieces of gear I can help out with a run or two before we go.Thingsgoboom0 Aug 27, 2012