Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios

Oct 29, 2012 Cross Realm Panda Raids I know that LFR can be done via cross-realm...but what about the 10/25 Normal/Heroic versions? When will the be open to cross realm?Dasamin1 Oct 29, 2012
Oct 29, 2012 Mistweaver LF Challenge Modes Omgitsbk#1557 Want to push for some gold modes this week.Yisheng0 Oct 29, 2012
Oct 29, 2012 Language Option When Queuing I have noticed an increased number of diversity in terms of players primary language. The unfortunate part is that in some situations it can make running a dungeon or scenario tricky when you have a language barrier. This is a minor issue, but I wanted to suggest some type of primary language selection feature when queuing. This could be useful for players who only know one language to avoid issues in dungeons and scenarios.Rawkzie2 Oct 29, 2012
Oct 29, 2012 Can't vote to kick in a scenario So I'm in a scenario, with a magic user, myself a hunter, and a tank. The tank says "i be trollin, haters be hatin" He then proceeds to go get every mob in reach to the start area, overwhelming us, dumping them off as we tried to kill them fast, then running to go get more. He did this till we died. Once dead i said "wtf man?" His response, "umadbro?" Right.. we got a bad !@# over here >.>. Whatever.. point is, I leave, and I get penalized half an hour for abandoning the scene, hes free to just go rinse repeat. I put in a ticket for an unrelated issue, brought this up when they asked if there was anything else, best they could come up with is put them on ignore so I never end up in a scene with them again. Thats the only fix. No vote to kick, can't even requeue. There's got to be a better way, and Blizzard needs suggestions on how to fix this. Like, if two people leave, there must be a reason, no penalty, or some option in the pulldown list that must have two of three people selecting it to avoid the penalty for leaving.... Or.. add your own suggestion here?Riselka1 Oct 29, 2012
Oct 29, 2012 Bosses do more damage in challenge mode. Just a public service annoucement. From what I'd read about Challenge Mode previously, it seemed it was just very similar to a "heroic" run, maybe with a bit of extra trash , and the challenge just came from beating the timer. However, the boss and trash damage dealt is magnified (typically abilities doing double what they do in heroic mode). I found that I needed to sustain 40K healing over several minutes - as opposed to the 15-20K that usually suffices in a "heroic". It really felt like a 5-man raid environment. One other thing not mentioned in guides - if a player leaves the group you can't replace him, you have to start over with the new player.Autumni54 Oct 29, 2012
Oct 29, 2012 Better forms of progression. I first want to say I am all for casual progression and raiding.. As long as hardcores aren't forced to do this content. As it stands this game becomes very dull and repetetive very quickly and this never happened in Vanilla or BC over the course of nearly 3 years. The reason is I never had to do dungeons on 3 different difficulties over and over and over again. I got my challenging content and got to look forward to new experiences. Getting to Naxx and Illidan was exciting because it was the first time I saw it and the build up to those fights made it worth it. Now I am LFRing the endboss, then beating him on normal and finally beating him on heroic (Heroic = BC normals) and by the time I get to the content I even care about I am bored to death of the content. There is a simple fix for this fortunately that Blizz doesn't seem to care to incorporate. My idea is as follow: 1: normals dungeons should allow you access into LFR. 2: heroic get you into normal raiding 3: challenge modes should offer loot and allow you to enter Heroic raids. The key of course is to keep the loot you get from the dungeon you can currently run above the level of the raid. So heroic dungeons would offer slightly higher Ilevel gear than LFR. The only downfall of this would be that I would still have to level up through normal, heroic then challenge mode dungeons to actually reach content that is even meaningful to me, but the rest of the expansion past that would all be completely fresh and challenge me. Another possibility would be to allow something fresh as you progress through raids so it actually feels fresh. Examples as follows. 1: LFR = You don't ever fight the final boss. You may see him and he taunts you to fight him when you have become more powerful. This gives you incentive past pretty gear and epeen to progress into normal raids. 2: Normal raids = You fight the final boss, but he flies off at the end and escapes to another part of the raid. 3: Heroic raids = The final encounter with the final boss and this time he has an extra phase in which you beat him completely on. I think the state of the current raiding game is rather repetetive and stale with nearly zero incentive to play past Ilevel (epeen), different colored tiers (lol?) or just for the hell of it. Fighting to Illidan was fun because I was playing the game to progress to new content. Let us actually progress towards something again Blizz. Thanks for reading. TL:DR - Content is meaningless. You beat the final boss of a raid in LFR and its pointless past that. Add endgame incentive that isn't boring.Majesti19 Oct 29, 2012
Oct 29, 2012 Horseman has no plate tanking ring?! So i check the loot table apparently the Headless Horseman drops rings for every spec except for plate tanking, the only ring close has crit and haste which is terrible for any plate tank. So can i get an answer as to why everyone else gets a free ez shiny epic ring while Plate tanks get jack all? kthanksbyeJudenrage4 Oct 29, 2012
Oct 29, 2012 World of Logs Parse, Opinions http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-b7t47uytn7qafhsp/ I would like to get opinions.Rvalue7 Oct 29, 2012
Oct 29, 2012 Feng the Accursed Phase 1 RNG Just finished up our raid tonight and we spent most of it on Feng, 10 man normal. One of the mechanics was holding us back for a solid 15 attempts though; Lightning Fist. We stick Feng in the center of the room, entire raid is behind him. He casts it, it hits someone, (A Hunter about 15 yards behind the tank in our case, since the tank took NO damage from it and didn't even get hit, dodge or parry it except for ONE attempt) tank 2 channels the mimic on that person while they get hit, tank 2 stuns Feng during his next Epicenter. That's my understanding of how it works. Instead, he chooses to not cast it at all between Epicenter casts. Or cast it once. Or twice, and there was even one attempt where he literally casted it three times before his next epicenter. Needless to say, it was frustrating to have to deal with the guesswork of "Stay in, the boss will be stunned" or "Get to West wall asap, pop personals, raid healing!". Is there any reason why Feng would be so choosy about when he wants to cast Lightning Fist? Is RNG supposed to be a mechanic in that first phase? Is this a bug, anyone else seen the same happen? I don't remember hearing anything about Lightning Fist RNG in the Fatboss guide.Xunce15 Oct 29, 2012
Oct 29, 2012 Difficulty of PUGing a Raid Raid PUGs have never been easy to handle or make on many servers, especially not mine. That said, I understand that PUGs are not the ideal form of raiding and that special treatment for PUGs are not deserved (that's what LFR is for anyway). What I am saying, however, is that for groups looking to round out their roster with a few pick-ups or even those that need to PUG the entire group to get their feet wet in Mogushan Vaults, it has become extremely difficult to do so now that people do not simply camp in a major city. In the past, you could count on 90-95% of max level characters having access to Trade Chat because they were in Stormwind, Dalaran, Shattrath, etc. With the release of MoP, players are much more involved in the world outside the major cities to do dailies, quest, and whatever else they enjoy doing. <br/><br/> Though this has brought some great life to many of the MoP areas, it has also meant that for those of trying to create a PUG, there is a much much much smaller player base that will gear our "LFM MSV10 - for the love of god somebody join" messages. <br/><br/>To fix this, without undoing the efforts to put players into the world, would it be possible to access Trade Chat or some sort of all-encompassing chat? I know the likelihood to troll/spam the chat would be great and to counter this, you could place a very strict post limit to 1 post every 5-10 minutes. That way, those trying to create PUG groups could still reach out to those in the "world" instead of being limited to those that are in capital cities.Joeschmo21 Oct 29, 2012
Oct 29, 2012 LFR isn't a cakewalk anymore I've run LFR a number of times now, and it amazes me every time (even back in cata) how many people there are that don't do their research or listen to those around them and just attempt to faceroll the whole place. LFR isn't a "cakewalk" anymore. The second boss, to be specific, actually needs mechanics during LFR and people don't care to listen to how to do them. In fact, they make fun of you for it and ignore everything you say. I attempted LFR tonight, started around 10pm ish (maybe 10:30? don't remember). I finally left at midnite because we were stuck on the second boss and the tanks were too stupid to listen and use the offered crystals. This is also after getting different tanks due to previous ones leaving. We had no mana during P3 due to unnecessary healing in P1, thus causing us to wipe every time at roughly 20%. Blizzard, if you're trying to allow casual players to enjoy raid content, please don't make these fights as difficult as they are. Lower the damage output of Epicenter, and make it more raid aware of how the mechanics work. I remember in DS, the game (not DBM), had on-screen instructions every time a mechanic was coming into play. I think this would help immensely in making game-play better by allowing players to get through content. And another thing: make the gates go up slower! Too many people were getting locked out because tanks pulled w/o warning and the gates went up in two seconds.Jeschaal43 Oct 29, 2012
Oct 29, 2012 Holy Paladin LF Gold Challenge Group Looking for a pro group for Gold Challenge modes. Currently I raid with a 5/6 25-Man HM guild so I'm not a retard, I know how to move out of stuff and heal. If you're interested add me on realid please: nanutidenis1994@Hotmail.com Please have a good group, thanks.Cptundpants0 Oct 29, 2012
Oct 29, 2012 Why don't the Horde have Stockades quests? So, I've been running some alts in dungeons on both factions recently, and I realized that the Alliance have an entire dungeon worth of quests that the Horde doesn't. Recently, the rework of RFC has placed an alliance portal and quest givers in RFC to fight the cult and whatnot, but the Horde still don't have quests in Stockades. I'm not 100% sure if both Horde and Alliance have the same number of quests in RFC, but it seems odd that one faction would have quests in all dungeons while the other doesn't.Punchkicker3 Oct 29, 2012
Oct 29, 2012 Another Realm Holds our Realm Best Time Not many are doing challenge modes on our server but we're working our way through them slowly. Imagine the surprise when we see a bunch of unfamiliar names got Gold in Scarlet Monastery. (Most other groups are boasting 1hr+ times, yeah our realm sucks, we know.) http://us.battle.net/wow/en/challenge/dungeon/scarlet-monastery/realm/argent-dawn/ Apparently you can cross realm Challenge modes. I don't mind that; hell I don't mind people getting the rewards from it. Achievements, titles, snazzy armor, the works. Go for it. But having our REALM best times, aka the times meant to gauge our specific realm, composed of four players from another realm is BS. Realm Bests should only count on the realm that makes up the majority of the group. Like how you need 3 or so guildies to make a 5 man into a guild run, so too should you need to have 3+ from a server to count for Realm Leaderboards and only the leader boards of the realm most represented should be updated.Faid31 Oct 29, 2012
Oct 29, 2012 Is Drake of Northwind farmable on normal??? I was just wondering if its still farmable on normal in vortex pinnicle been try to farm it fro the last couple days bu tno luck any info would be great thanks.Dlandor6 Oct 29, 2012
Oct 29, 2012 Cant get loot? heyguys i did my first raid before, mog vaults. the first 3 bosses, but when i killed them i didnt get any loot :( does anyone know why? all i got was this bag and in it was 50 goldXenaixa1 Oct 29, 2012
Oct 29, 2012 Preparing for Heart of Fear Hello everyone! i thought this would be a good place to throw all of your questions about the upcoming raid Heart of Fear. I wanted to go ahead and ask if anyone happens to know which fights are two healed and which are three healed. We do have good healers. I happen to be the middle man that switches between elemental and resto so the info is needed before I raid this coming weekend. Anything helps! Thanks -ZaccHexican1 Oct 29, 2012
Oct 29, 2012 This game has become retarded Its become an epeen flash race. Honestly I can't even walk into a level 80 dungeon without being called out because my guild can't show up for raid times properly or our healer sucks on elegon let alone we have to pug every week to kill stone guard & feng and wipe a whole night on them. God forbid heroics or the other 10 bosses. Sit here wipe in a dungeon, the tank calls his own guild healer retarded, flashes his heroic feng achievement & calls me dumb. Again its not my fault my healer can't dispel, heal properly, or even tanks cooperate. The best part is getting kicked in this. You want my side of the story? All I said was that you can't chain cooldowns properly. You can't blow all your defensive cooldowns at once & expect to live in a giant pull. Your supposed to chain cooldowns am I right? Last I checked on my shaman I can't pop shamanistic rage + astral shift & get a full 70% damage reduction, I'd only get 42%. This is where & why wow will die. Is because of people like this, who will then complain wow died for some other reason. Wow was fine until this epeen meter & achievement system showed up. This is why vanilla & tbc was better. There was no queue system, you actually had a reputation then. If you ruined it you were done until you made up for it which rarely happened. I remember one guy on my server ninja'ed bulwark of azzinoth off illidan after prepatch for wrath. That guy literally was not heard from ever again a week after & realm forums blew up about it. Walking to dungeons & finding groups were actually not as hard as you claim them to be. The time it required to find a group then is the time it takes to queue at that point now. If you were looking for people at peak times it'd take about 15 min as dps like it does now. If you were looking for a group at midnight chances are you'd be looking for a group for 30 min just like in 30 min queue's now. Just catering to lazy people is all it did. The achievement system honestly is just your epeen meter. Please prove me wrong on thisNedelar9 Oct 29, 2012
Oct 29, 2012 What to do with extra Justice points? do we have anything to dump our extra JP on yet? I Used to make a killing on Primordial Saronites back during wrath, and now it seems like nothing? My main is nearing the 4k cap with nothing to spend these JP points on and it kinda bothers me, I feel like I'm missing out on something.Baconpizza25 Oct 29, 2012
Oct 29, 2012 Loot Piñata (to the tune of "Heart and Soul") (not the one by T'Pau) Archavon: Loot piñata, Emalon: Loot piñata, Koralon: Loot piñata, Toravon: Loot piñata, Argaloth: Loot piñata, Occu'thar: Loot piñata, Alizabal: Loot piñata, Sha of Anger: Loot piñata, (chant continues but fades into background, with everyone singing) Pants and gloves, And sometimes capes and rings, Pants and gloves, And lots of other things, Sadly... They aren't for your class. Maybe you'll get it next pass! Chests and belts, And sometimes trinkets, too, Chests and belts, Might be the one for you, Sadly... No it's not an upgrade. Worse than the one you had made! Oh! But the kill was easy, oh so easy, In fact that kind of slaughter makes me queasy... Necks and wrists, But mostly pants and gloves, Necks and wrists, The game that everybody loves, Madly... This one should do the trick, So baby swing that stick! (chorus continues in background to fade) {◕ ◡ ◕}Quelygosa0 Oct 29, 2012
Oct 29, 2012 Holy Paladin LF Challenge Mode Group exp holy pally Lf good group to get gold in each instance for cool new transmogLilshadooww1 Oct 29, 2012
Oct 29, 2012 So I'm tanking Feng... ...Last night and both tanks had difficulties taunting. It wasn't a vengeance issue either, our threat just wasn't moving up to equal the current tank when taunt was hit. Is there a bug? Is he immune to taunts while performing some abilities? Also just a clarification, can you interrupt epicentre during the cast or must you wait for the channel?Smushums17 Oct 29, 2012
Oct 29, 2012 Dungeon lockout - Temple of the Jade serpent Yesterday me and a few friends tried to run this as specific dungeon to do cleaning up and one of them was saved even though he only did it as random that day. As far as I'm aware you do not get saved to the dungeon if you run it random. Anyway today I got the Temple of the Jade serpent as my first random heroic and low and behold I get saved to it. Well I just ran another random and got Scarlet Halls and after I was done I saw I wasn't saved to it. It made me thinking whether you guys changed something so that people can't run just the Temple of the Jade serpent twice a day anymore or something. I'm just baffled by this changed since two days ago I had no problems running it again.Warge1 Oct 29, 2012
Oct 29, 2012 Yes another Galleon thread. Sargeras has been waiting on Gal for 111 hours now, give or take a few. Whats up bliz?Lassiter16 Oct 29, 2012
Oct 29, 2012 Not getting justice points? I have been doing random lich king dungeons and haven't been getting justice points. On wowhead it says you get 12 for each run up to 7 times a week, but I'm nowhere near that limit. I have only been getting gold and xp. Is there something wrong or am I just ignorant?Grazehorn3 Oct 29, 2012
Oct 28, 2012 idea to improve raids Wanna make raids more fun? Remove the skeletons that are on the floor after you die. Its so depressing to see the giant paile of skeletons after 3 or 4 hours of wiping, it would make any sane perosn unsub and go elsewhere.Casine6 Oct 28, 2012
Oct 28, 2012 Blizzard fix votekick system Title. It's horrid. Makes no sense. For example, a DK in my group stood outside fights, only deathgripping mobs away from the tank. We go to kick him it says "Can't be kicked for another 4 hours" so we do the whole thing with a troll DK who is ruining the experience for us.Azrìel20 Oct 28, 2012
Oct 28, 2012 Patch 5.1 For the love of god blizzard, remove the stupid specific dungeon queue cap.Spelmasta6 Oct 28, 2012
Oct 28, 2012 How to solve all the issues with Galleon. Handle it the way Guild Wars 2 handles it. Problem solved.Shabushabu1 Oct 28, 2012
Oct 28, 2012 Why can warriors roll on daggers? Why is this? I just got out of a dungeon a tank was being a douchebag and stole the dagger I needed. This really made me mad and needs to be fixed.Remusares22 Oct 28, 2012
Oct 28, 2012 Blackwing Lair Locked i decided I wanted to do this raid for Ashkandi, Greatsword of the Brotherhood. I found a youtube video guiding to the instance, but when I got their the door was shut. I picked up a quest item of a mob i killed on the way in. Do I need to turn it in first? And if so where? I can't find where the darn guy is. So could someone either kinda guide me as to what to do, or put a link to a video or something that does? i searched google for this and found nothing. Thanks guysRyback5 Oct 28, 2012
Oct 28, 2012 HoF Imperial Vizier Zor'Lok Picture Guide I made this for my guild and it may not appear that way but it takes quite a bit of time to do one of these.. any tips for the mechanics are appreciated! http://i.imgur.com/3ErsC.jpgHarts3 Oct 28, 2012
Oct 28, 2012 Galleon Suggestion Pretty sure everyone agrees that Galleon is kind of a nightmare. Not because world bosses are inherently a bad thing, its just that his loot is good enough that it compels most players to camp his spawn point in hopes they win the tag lottery before he dies in sixty seconds, not to reappear for 2 or 3 days. My suggestion: When he spawns, for an hour (or some amount of time), he has some form of invulnerable buff, and basically roams the country side killing people Godzilla style. Meaning, he can still hurt players. This allows people time to organize, instead of camping his spawn point. On realms where World PVP matters, this will make it far, far more engaging. When he becomes killable, anyone that hits him should get credit for a kill. Well, maybe make a faction oriented tag so Horde and Alliance don't coordinate so both can get credit. Massively increase the difficulty. This boss should wipe people, and wipe them badly. And since 300+ people are often killing him, he rarely survives very long. There is NO point in giving something so underwhelming such an epic spawn timer. If he spawns three times per week, that pretty much means he is alive for 3 or 4 minutes per week. How, in any world, is that impressive, epic or legendary? It is completely underwhelming and feels more like a lottery than a feat. Whatever the design intent for Galleon was, I can't imagine it is being achieved. Unless the intent was to have multiple raids of people hanging out in one spot all the time. I thought we wanted people "out in the world" doing things, not "out in the world" sitting in one spot doing nothing. How is this different from or better than people sitting in Org/SW waiting for dungeon queues?Aani17 Oct 28, 2012
Oct 28, 2012 Headless Horseman Loot Just looted the agi sword from my headless horseman lootbag! but it was on my mage.... Seems like a pretty big waste. I thought the random gear system would only give you gear that is useful for your class and spec.Krautmister9 Oct 28, 2012
Oct 28, 2012 Valor Points Which Pandarian Heroic dungeon give the most Valor Points? Which is the fastest? Which is the most VP per hour?Gymlea0 Oct 28, 2012
Oct 28, 2012 Please fix 2/6 ques. They are most certainly not working as intended. The que counter on the mini map will fill up on dps full , tanks full , and heals 4/6, then when the heals get a 5th the tank que goes from 2/2 to 0/1, then 0/0, then the dps suddenly drops from 17 to 6. By the time we all get in , there is 2 heals and like 4 dps ready to go. But it looks more like a bug with the 2/6 lockouts rather than player nonacceptance. im not asking to tone down last boss. That crap is easy as balls. I just need to get an LFR and give them little 8 year old minded adults a chance at some free loot. Ya Hurd! Holla skitttitidadull.Castacap4 Oct 28, 2012
Oct 28, 2012 LFR ilvl What is the ilvl requirement for vault LFR?Zerkinoff1 Oct 28, 2012
Oct 28, 2012 MV Spirit Kings advice! So we finally got the third boss in MV down tonight and got one shot at spirit kings. It felt very easy to heal with three healers. My question is can it be two healed? We are going to be missing a healer for a Halloween party and a dps is WAY easier to replace. So with two slightly above average healers how would healing spirit kings be? What did your guild do? thank you!Timo10 Oct 28, 2012
Oct 28, 2012 Random dungeon insanity!!! ACK!! I know alot of you guys are "raiders" so this is probably silly to you. But I am not a raider. As you read this imagine that I bought this game two months ago instead of 6 years ago. I am forced to PvE by Blizzard. I haven't healed a RANDOM dungeon since wrath. I got some gear from the AH including some blues, worked up my spec and Qed for Panda randoms. I have healbot and know healing basics. So this game is like brand new to me, even though I have played since 2006. I WAS a twink, but Blizz doesn't like that, so now I am FORCED to do PvE Went into the Temple of the Jade Serpent. Made it through the first boss. We went down the stairs and the "team" attacked some mobs. They all went to 20% health in 2 seconds. WHAT KIND OF LEARNING CURVE IS THAT? I remember healing Heroic Halls of Reflection. That was a mofo, but you BUILT up to it and you had GEAR to make it work. This is the second REGULAR dungeon and trash mobs wiped us. WTF? I know alot of you guys are "raiders" so this is probably silly to you. But I am not a raider. I don't want to raid. I just want JPs to turn into honor so I can buy some INTRO pvp gear and get JC patterns. Explain to me how a "noob" is supposed to want to do randoms with ZERO learning curve?Säcrëd17 Oct 28, 2012
Oct 28, 2012 Heroic Feng (10 man) Doing heroic feng progression tonight... Raid comp will likely be: War/Pal tanks Dps: mage, shadowpriest, ele sham, 2 hunters Healers: monk, druid, pally Specifically... how should we deal with adds during the new phase? I know stack and do knock backs, etc, but... any tips welcome.Cassandrae9 Oct 28, 2012
Oct 28, 2012 Blood DK LF challenge mode gold group Blood DK with experience in all dungeons looking for a group to get golds with. Available most times and have all consumables ready to go. Post here or add me in game if you have a group or would want to run some. Kiwi#1578Galida0 Oct 28, 2012
Oct 28, 2012 474 MW Monk LF Challenge Mode Group I'm looking for a group that's just starting to get into doing challenge modes, since I haven't done any as of yet. Late nights on the weekend (10:15 EST and later) are good for me as well as most evenings on the weekdays. If it helps to know, I've gotten 4/6 normal mode MV so far. My btag is Rstea#1873 if you want to contact me.Thepandemic0 Oct 28, 2012
Oct 28, 2012 LF Cleaning Up and Bomberman 477 ilvl blood deathknight looking to complete those 2 achievements... feel free to add my battletag Bubonicplgue#1136 if you are interested.Bubonicplgue0 Oct 28, 2012
Oct 28, 2012 People in your Raid/PUG Here are some of the people you see in your raid/ PUG The Shaggy- these guys may seem brave but at the first sign of a wipe they are out the door dosent matter the enitre raid has 5 druids in it. They will do anything to try to avoid dying weather hearthing out or simply making a mad dash for the entrance. When confronted he often claims he has repair bills or is saving up money for flying or a new mount. Wether these things are ture remains to be seen The Brainy Smurf- This guy has read EVERY strat on Every dungeon or raid he has watched video strats about a thousand times, only prob he has never done this if any dungeon or raid. Before each boss he goes into a lecture on how to kill these bosses from what he has read online. If there is a wipe he will break the slience saying that if they followed his instructions they would have suceeded. The Brainy Smurf have often been seen around experienced raider and nags them constantly for advice. May get annoying after a whilefeel free to add if you wishDàrkàn1 Oct 28, 2012
Oct 28, 2012 LFR looting Yes, another post on the LFR loot system. I am sure some of you will flame away despite the fact that I was specifically asked to post in this forum by a GM in response to a ticket which was filed. GO ahead. Keep the following in mind: 1.) Yes, I am well aware it is only LFR. I gear my main(s) out with regular and heroic DS raids. 2.) I do appreciate the fact that Blizzard has tried to allow folks a means to see content which would have been completely unavailable otherwise, and feel the intent was a step in the right direction. 3.) I fully realize that folks exist who will do anything they can to try and beat a 'system', are selfish, greedy, and completely oblivious to the concept of 'for the greater good.' Likewise, individuals who are kind, helpful, and play with the intent of fostering enjoyment are out there as well. Regardless, this post is founded on the concept of trying to defend what is only fair. -Hog the loot. If you have three tier tokens already, go ahead and roll on another three. I don't expect anyone to police the gear you have. If you think it is better to play loot-master by winning the piece and giving it to someone more 'deserving' who isn't at the bottom of the barrel, do so. Then again, we know already that the bottom half of the DpS seem to get a hidden roll bonus. :) -Be critical of those who need but don't need or 'deserve' the loot. Perhaps they are trolling you, but people don't learn unless things are explained to them, and the mob rule of LFR 25 can make a point. Inspect away. Tell people they are wortless. Ask them if they are pushing buttons. I don't care. Now, specifically for the developers the GM explained to me with such heartfelt compassion would be reading this post: -If loot rules are going to be imposed (class, etc.), they must be fair, and revised as necessary. I have seen posts reflecting unfairness, but I am going to bring up one item in particular as an example. The 2H sword which drops off of Madness of Deathwing, Gurthalak, Voice of the Deeps, is a 'Deeps' sword (as stated in the name LOL). Ok, perhaps one could make the case that it is viable for Blood DKs. Good enough. Regardless, 2H-wielding DPS players should not be losing this item to pally or warrior tanks. The explanation I was provided for the ticket I filed was that the sword was a viable option for Palladins since the possibility existed that they could spec into retribution, and that class limitations were placed on items. If this is the case: -Why would a player wait an inordinate amount of time for a tanking slot in LFR if they didn't want tanking items? -Is this some sort of unmentioned bonus to try and provide incentive to potential tanks to tank? -The rationale provided in the ticket response was that class was the primary limitation placed on narrowing the distribution of loot, yet role bonuses exist. When I run as retribution spec, even though my other spec is protection, I receive no roll bonus on rings, trinkets, etc. with defensive stats. Why? (Note: Do I feel I am justified the roll bonus when I queue as retribution? NO!!!!) I was kindly asked to provide suggestions for improvement to the LFR loot system by the GM I spoke with, again assured that my post would be read by a developer and that the LFR loot system is still being tweaked in Cataclysm. As such, I would offer the following: -Include Blood DKs amongst those who receive the roll bonus for Guthalak, but not Protection Palladins or Warriors. Very simple. I could probably even figure out how to switch the boolean operator in the code to do so with my limited (read: terrible) programming ability. -Should a player leave the party without rolling/passing on loot, their loot rolls should be automatically passed. Again, a very simple concept. -I agree strongly with distributing the same token within the raid. If someone has won the token, no roll bonus on subsequent rolls. In closing, yes, there are ways around just about every attempt to police fairness in this game, and I give credit to what has been implemented so far, for the most part. Will I be waiting with baited breath to learn that the ideas here (which have undoubtedly been presented before) have been read and are under consideration? Nope, but I was told this was the next step and the place to do it, so here it is. Cheet P.S. Fix the dang falling into the water bug on Madness of Deathwing already! :-)Thacheet19 Oct 28, 2012
Oct 28, 2012 LFR loot system failure.... So after doing lfr every week and using loot coins, i finally get loot from elegon. In the raid, i was tanking, but got dps loot.. My off spec is dps, so i wouldn't normally mind, but it was a 1h weapon........ My off spec is frost 2h. The loot system for lfr is very flawed, and i feel i deserve if anything my loot coin i wasted back.Regulos1 Oct 28, 2012
Oct 27, 2012 Auchindoun LFR Core Members Looking for more people for 10 man static on auchindoun / alliance - Need experienced tanks, 3 more heals and a couple dps. ilvl 470+ pref. Skype, dps who want to apply must be able to put out 50k+ on boss fights. Reply here or send me a mail in game. Cheers!Paín0 Oct 27, 2012
Oct 27, 2012 Rend Flesh - Stone Guard 10 Normal How does Rend Flesh work? Is it a cleave or randomly cast? Melee is having trouble getting the bleed on every attempt.Cyllas7 Oct 27, 2012
Oct 27, 2012 Dungeon finder quick simple question do more dngeons unlock ads you level ?? i can surrently only que for 2 do i have to discover them like in cata ??Bornslippy4 Oct 27, 2012
Oct 27, 2012 Real-ID Current Raiding I recently transferred to Tich, so I could experience PvP on a larger server and a different battle group. I made the mistake of assuming that I could use real-ID with my wife to raid in MoP with my old guild. I Realized last night that real-ID raiding is only for older content. I am curious if there is any plan to allow current tier raiding cross realm. If this is something that is here to stay, can someone explain why. If the tech already exists to allow cross realm raids, why not allow friends/families to raid current tiers with real-ID.Travicus4 Oct 27, 2012