Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios

May 12, 2012 Trolls in LFR People who pull adds on Morchok. DPS extra adds on spine(forget their names). There is something else they do to wipe groups which I can't remember at this point. Regardless, the punishment needs to be severe. People do it because they know nothing will happen. At most, a 72 hr ban. It's time to ban accounts for this. It used to be rare but now I seem to get someone doing it in every group I'm in.Jxxy9 May 12, 2012
May 12, 2012 Give RL's the ability to check raid locks Seriously blizzard you need to give the ability to the RL to check raid lockouts. It is happening way to often now that some idiot who is already saved joins the raid, and then we have to waste the time to figure out who it is. WHY ISN'T THIS FIXED YET...Phreezie17 May 12, 2012
May 12, 2012 loot lost to somone who left its become a recurring problem in not just the raid finder but in regular heroics as well, where somone needs on somthing and then leaves before the distribution they win somone who waited for the roll even if they were next in line no one gets it. i'm wondering if theres a case by case basis you can do somthing about this or if not if there is ever a plan to do somthing about it? i hate seeing all the items from madness going unlooted becasue people left before the afkers autopassedBatah16 May 12, 2012
May 12, 2012 Dragon Soul Challenge: Rogue PoV We're racing against Paragon/Exorsus/STARS @ 12:30EST! Streaming my Rogue's PoV the entire time: http://www.twitch.tv/Ahdehl_BLAhdehl0 May 12, 2012
May 12, 2012 Good WotLK dungeon to farm rep Hi, I want to get the red drake from wyrmrest accord, and I want to get rep fast by wearing tabard with tank gear and grind down alot of mobs quickly. What's a good WotLK dungeon to do so in? Thanks for advice.Krystøn4 May 12, 2012
May 12, 2012 Raid Save Rules Hello. I was participating in a 25man dragon soul. We downed all the bosses except deathwing, the last boss. Is it possible for ME to join someone else's raid that is also 7/8? OR Do I need to make my own raid with FRESH people who are NOT saved to anything? Also, if this plays any part in this mess. If someone in that group, took 10 people and finished up a the raid as a 10man on their own, does that jeopardize my chances of doing any of the above? For anyone else whom had this happen to them, what do you suggest I do? Thanks for you help, I trust the forum community is more helpful than the popular 'trade chat.'Ezhul2 May 12, 2012
May 12, 2012 Justice/Valor Point Is there an ideal way to farm JP? I've been told to queu up for random cata normals, and randam cata heroics, but I'm not sure which is better. Is there a cap as to how much JP you can get per dungeon? How much does each boss give in normal and heroic? Thanks. (Trying to farm up BoA sets).Dreadling7 May 12, 2012
May 12, 2012 Why dont people be specific when doing pugs? Like when someone says in trade like, "LFM DS need everything" or "LFM for madness" they never say what they need specifically. Then when you message them about joining, they will say something like "were full on ranged", "only need healers", "already got a [insert your class]", and etc. If you are gonna make a pug, make sure you post what you are really looking for.Kavell10 May 12, 2012
May 12, 2012 LF ICC 25 group (alliance side) Currently on the Shadowmourne quest line (Unholy Infusion). Would like to join a group running this so I can push through to the shard farming stage.Sojou1 May 12, 2012
May 12, 2012 Any tips for H Spine? Hello guys. My group already did some tries at Spine and we are looking for any tip. Tanks: Druid Warrior Healers: Disc Priest Shaman Paladin DPS: Frost DK Arcane Mage S Priest 2x Hunter For now, we kill 3 corruptions and Do a Barrel Roll. DPS the big add, when the 2nd stun is coming, tank get the blood and Tendon time. Repeat. For the second plate, we kill 2 corruptions, AoE all bloods, tank collect some blood, stack for Barrel Roll with all healing CDs and repeat the big add thing. Ok, our best try yesterday, the big add exploded at the wrong place for the 2nd DPS race on the 2nd plate (a lot of problems happened and we only did 5 tries) . But I think we are still struggling at some points: -Healers' mana (when we near removed the second plate, all healers had nothing left) -DPS* *Probably the main problem. Our 1st plate is strange. For the first DPS race we left it with 30% or... 50%, it's a huge variation. For the second plate, we always let it with ˜50%. *The highest damage done on the first tendon (after we remove the plate) is mine followed by the DK (˜2 million and ˜1.7 million). The others do something like 1.2 million - 1.4 million. -Everyone got the valor trinket -The hunters are using cat pets -The Priest is dispelling -We remove the first plate with all DPS' CDs -The idea for the second is: use potions (when we don't derp) -Time Warp for the last one So, any tips for execution? Any class specific tip? *For tendon I: -Shield for the last explosion -Try to keep 4 Arcane Blast stack (the difficult thing) -Presence of Mind for 15% crit -Berserk+Mage Gem+Arcane Power+Valor Trinket+Molten Armor (with glyph) -11111111111111 *Basic macro for tendon /cleartarget /target boss2 *We forgot to save the logs (derp), maybe tonight.Tarvos9 May 12, 2012
May 12, 2012 Any x-realm old raids? Any ToGC or H-Halion 25s going down tonight!?Izer2 May 12, 2012
May 11, 2012 AnsweredRandom queue restricted to 2 dungeons A quick question: My buddy and I have been queueing together as I help him get a character to 85 and we noticed last night that when we queue, the only two dungeons that are included in the search are Vortex Pinnacle and Stonecore. I had asked in /2 if anybody knew and the general consensus was that our ilvl was too low. Then I was looking over at wowpedia or maybe wowwiki and it stated that the min ilvl for Grim Batol is 305/329 heroic. Gruknarl is currently 317 ilvl and my friend is either the same or higher. Either way, he's past the 305. We were able to specifically queue into GM and Lost City, etc, but we're obviously missing out on our random queue jp awards. TL;DR When queueing, only 2 dungeons are included in the search, even though both party members ilvl is 'high enough' for the other 3 cata normals.Gruknarl5 May 11, 2012
May 11, 2012 Heroic Dragon Soul Buff So my raid is sitting in front of madness and all of a sudden the entire raids gets teleported to the skyfire. Someone turned off the buff and I'm trying to figure out if there is a way to turn it back on. For normal, there is. But what about heroic? Also do you think a GM could tell us who did it?Syleion7 May 11, 2012
May 11, 2012 Holding Hands Achievement Bugged? (Hagara) So, we've been trying to get this achievement. We make a giant arc and have the lightning chain through all of us. We have our hunter dismiss his pet to be safe. After the lightning hits the 10th person, it pauses for several seconds, finally jumps, overloads the past conduit, Hagara is stunned...and we don't get the achievement. It's the only non-heroic meta achievement we're missing. http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z158/lordbalkoth/WoWScrnShot_122111_230936.jpg http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z158/lordbalkoth/WoWScrnShot_122111_230610.jpg What are we doing wrong here?Balkoth55 May 11, 2012
May 11, 2012 Warmaster fire Bug worse then ever After finally replenishing my raid group and looking to finish off the tier we are stuck on warmaster tonight... Raiding Heroic DS Killing heroic warmaster, have it plenty of times before. Running into SEVERE bugs on the fire spawns. On the final attempt as a perfect example we had the boss land with almost no fire active and had the fire spread and spread and spread to the point it covered the whole ship as goriana left and there was nowhere left to stand safely. As you can see in the below screenshot warmaster is on 30% and the fire is litterally EVERYWHERE.... http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/3616/wowscrnshot112411231210.jpg This fight is ridiculous in this regard, when the fire doesn't bug we make it to phase 2 every attempt and kill it easily, but when the fire is bugging this severely the fights almost impossible... The attempt before this one the first fire spawn covered 80% of the ship about 3 seconds after spawning. Other times it barely does anything this is just nuts ...Furah33 May 11, 2012
May 11, 2012 Can't get into Deadmines Hello, Now that I have a level 70 character and Wrath of the Lich King, I can no longer go into the Deadmines because it says that I must be level 85 to enter a heroic instance. I don't want to do the heroic instance...I was just wanting to farm for gear for my alts. Is there a way to still do that or can characters only do heroic versions of dungeons at a certain point? By the way, I went to the instance entrance. Thanks in advance for your help.Vespaeri2 May 11, 2012
May 11, 2012 icc 25 heroic Looking for any icc 25 heroic runs that are going tonight or any time this weekend. can anyine help me out?Clockwork1 May 11, 2012
May 11, 2012 Loot Drop Issues Now i know random drops is random , but how is it fair when if someone is stuck with 378 weapons and others get 403's ? When hardmodes start, the best performer gets the nod, and suddenly you are on a 20-30%handicap. Blizz can you please do something about this ? This is getting frustrating not to say the least. I am sure this problem will persist in MOP. please don't run on with the luck of the draw.Dksushy24 May 11, 2012
May 11, 2012 Current Heroic 10/25 Lockout System I'm one of the leaders of a 25man raiding team. We are a dying breed. I think we are the last 25man team on our server. We are also wrestling with having our raiders balance typical early summer real life conflicts AND continuing to make progress in Heroic Dragon Soul. Our intention was to run Dragon Soul Heroic 25 early in the week when we had a full house. Then downshift to 10man later in the week when attendance was light. But then we relized, you can do that on Normal. You can NOT on Heroic. No downshifting if a few of your raiders can't make it at the last minute. And that makes Raid Leaders weep. I respectfully ask the Blizzard team to reconsider the need for this lockout system. Given the relatively few 25man heroic raiding teams that are out there these days, is it really serving a meaningful purpose to prevent a toon from from starting the week on Dragon Soul 25 Heroic, and picking up where you left off later in the week, but on 10man Heroic? I know it would assist my team (and I'm sure many others) in keeping the guild engaged during the pre MoP summer months. Many thanks. And thanks for many years of fun!Wildfyre1 May 11, 2012
May 10, 2012 H Hagara frost What strat do you use? The one time (on my mage) that I did it (successfully) it was just cleanse in place, don't stop running, and just dps and keep running. We've tried the 'range + healers in center' method. Damage seems obscene and so I think we've thankfully abandoned it. I personally want us to do the 'Aspect of the Pack' method, where you just cleanse wherever you are, keep running, and keep the raid healed. Currently, they're suggesting no Aspect, running as a group, and then dipping into the bubble to cleanse. I don't like this myself, but what works for you? I think the most frustrating thing is folks keep making suggestions and we're not sticking to one method. So we're not learning how to do something consistently so we get wipes each time.Adun31 May 10, 2012
May 10, 2012 Need Advice on Two Manning Old Content We're looking to do mount runs on old content with just my friends hunter (alliance) and one of my toons. I have every class in the game right now. Most of my toons are Horde but I could do a faction change on any one of them. I'm trying to figure out which other "stealthy" class would work best when trying to two man older raid/dungeon content. So, if It has to be a stealth class that limits it to Druid Rogue Hunter Right now, I'm thinkinig druid might be the best to go with for a 2 man team when doing older content... My friend things we should just go in with two hunters and use turtle pets to tank. If there was no stealth requirement, which class would compliment a hunter the best when doing older content? I'm thinking the answer is Deathknight since they always seem to be OP on older content. There's more videos of DKs soloing older content than any other class it seems.Galluccio6 May 10, 2012
May 10, 2012 Cannot be kicked for another 4 hours? So this healer is just sitting here not moving or anything, and no one can kick her due to the "Cannot be kicked for another 4 minutes rule." I read that it's because I kick a lot or I've used it to often. However this is not the case. I've never once clicked the button to kick someone or started one. WTF's up?Dônt10 May 10, 2012
May 10, 2012 LFR suggestion? Idk where LFR forums are, but can you implement a button that says "only fresh runs" please, getting 3/4 runs all the time after a 20-30 minute que is retardedWulfram9 May 10, 2012
May 10, 2012 Heroic Lockouts? SO if you down a heroic boss with one group, say heroic morchak. . . then the next day want to go and down heroic ultra with another group, you are disallowed? Why is this? It makes no sense. . . if I have to miss day one of raid progression with my guild so I PUG those first few bosses then I'm locked out from day two This doesn't SOUND like its the way it should work. . . can someone explain whu it is? A boss downed should= a boss downed. . .Oinobama4 May 10, 2012
May 10, 2012 So is this Warmaster bug a typical one? So, my guild finally started our first night of serious attempts on Heroic Warmaster. At the start of two of our attempts, we had one of our raiders die for no discernible reason (before the ranged sitting on the stern were even in range of the drakes). The recount death log showed the source of their death as "-" and the only combat message was "+0.00 (Health: 0 (0%)) Player dies." This happened to two separate raiders (a warlock the first time and a rogue the second time). My question is: is this bug one that typically happens, or is this unique to my raid? Screenshots of Recount death logs: http://i.imgur.com/JKC1w.jpg?1 http://i.imgur.com/qqbra.jpg?1Vreivai17 May 10, 2012
May 10, 2012 If you accept a queue... DONT GO AFK. I seriously can't understand the stupidity of some people. If you accept a dungeon queue it means YOU ARE READY. Don't accept it then go afk for 5 minutes... Seriously blizz, you really need to step up and start giving warnings/temp bans to players that waste other players time by doing this.Trimera11 May 10, 2012
May 10, 2012 Spine H (10) questions Hey everyone, I think I made a topic a few weeks ago regarding spine, but comp has changed since then and our group still has not pulled it even once yet. Thus, I wanted to get feedback regarding CD's, etc. to see if what I have planned will actually work. I want to start the fight off by killing 3 corruptions and having our tanks stack at one side (raid on other side) to force the buff onto them through dispels (after death is gone, of course). So if we get 3 amalgs spawns, we should get 3 debuffs to dispel, correct? Meaning, 3 people should eventually have the earth debuff? Anyhow I want to wait it out until the tanks get the debuff on them before moving on (and perhaps also on a healer). Is this sound okay to wait it out here? I know people say that for spine you want to keep things moving and moving, so that is why I am concerned. I am curious now. Is a roll really necessary at this point? SO let's say our tanks have the earth debuff on them. We have 3 amalgs there on one tank, and the blood tank is there as well. I don't understand the purpose of a roll here. It wastes times and just adds more damage. Am I wrong in saying this? Afterwards, we hit superheated nucleus 1 (I want to do the strat where we just kill the corruption right before tendons pop up in the event that its fiery grip comes when the plate is lifted up). Thus we will have more debuffs to dispel here. I believe we will have a DK tank and a feral tank. I want the DK to cooldown both times and have our druid tank cooldown another time for the two blasts. So let's say tendon 1 is dead. If we did everything right and killed two extra corruptions (to make sure fiery grips wouldn't occur), we would have 3 amalgs at this point and 2 corruptions to deal with (there would be 3 out, but 2 need to be taken down). We burst two down and move to roll. More dispels here. Before we roll, our blood tank will gather any extra bloods and bring them to the roll spot to clear bloods with the extra amalgs (5 at that point). Does this sound okay? For CD's, we will be using 4 - Spirit Link, Disc Bubble, Tranq (may or may not have a resto druid), and rallying cry. The roll is done and the rest of the fight becomes more hectic, but follows this same pattern. I just wanted to get some input on the idea of the strat (i.e. killing corruptions before tendons are raised, not doing the first roll, and initially forcing the debuff onto the tanks). Thanks!Gardiff4 May 10, 2012
May 10, 2012 LFR Loot Issue I suggest blizzard you find a new way to hand out gear. So far its done an alright job but it fails when you come across players who purposely need and win on stuff they already have. I was just in the LFR and was on Madness when loot dropped. Two of those spell power daggers dropped and one them went to someone who really did need it, and another went to someone who already had the weapon on them but they took it and ran. The minute he won it some of us checked his toon and saw he had the same weapon with power torrent enchanted and when we asked him to give it to someone who needed it he ,"lawl" and left raid. I suggest you build a system for anti trolls and that it is an evaluation system. People who go out to purposely wipe a raid for fun, or ninja should get punished with longer que times or something of the sort so they are educated. Most of these kinds of players lack courtesy and proper mannerisms. If you did this, you will be doing the world a favor. You can do this by after each LFR run people can rate those within the raid on their production and attitude. Most of us play this game to have fun, not to deal with drama. Since day one you have done nothing blizzard to counter trolls and ninjas, and its true. You got to do something because the majority of your player base wants justice and you do nothing. Most of us played your game for years, it would be nice you deal with these major issues since you are the leading MMO to date. Call my idea far fetched but I am not the only one who thinks its a good idea. I know many of us are annoyed by what has been going on in the LFR and in general in wow.Depression7 May 10, 2012
May 10, 2012 Hooray for Monday PUGs! Who says Mondays are all bad? In a last-ditch effort to nab that elusive "Destroyer's End" title before the weekly reset, I plied my trade for DS normal on channel 4 to no avail. As it turns out I was one of six or so like-minded individuals, and someone whispered "let's just do it." I made my first PUG ever; we filled the slots (none of us had the title) and ported to the Malestrom. I borrowed the guild Vent and thankfully once of us had a microphone and DBM. It took eight tries (and some add/drops) - since we had strong DPS we ended up going 1 tank, 3 heal, 6 DPS and in the end we were victorious! Just wanted to shout out to my PUG pals (you know who you are) and celebrate! PUGs are awesome. And before anyone says "meh... not heroic" or "meh... 20% nerf", to you people I say: /ignore WOOO! Peanut Butter Jelly Time!Ripshred23 May 10, 2012
May 10, 2012 Raid Finder CLASS CAP! Just did a raid finder, well I entered one, but there were 7 other death knights in the raid. I left before any trash was pulled and was given a 30min "deserter" debuff. really 8 death knights in one raid? LFR system can find tanks and heals but it can't cap the classess??Terminatrix10 May 10, 2012
May 10, 2012 well of eternity question So Im back in the game the last few days trying to gear up and I'm wondering, why are lone dps running off to dps mannoroth during the first part of the last fight in well of eternity?Sproktar6 May 10, 2012
May 10, 2012 SoEM Question Suppose you que for as tank when the SoEM is up, and you get sent to EoT. After you kill the last boss, you get your SoEM. Now, you after you kill the last boss in EoT, and after you have received your SoEM, you have the option to be sent to WoE with the same group (if you speak with NE near the hour glass). If you continue, and take your group to WoE, will you get a second SoEM?Beifong5 May 10, 2012
May 10, 2012 Hagara conductors buggier then usual? Really though, I've had my corpse on the conduction and no link wth is going on.Feltannissa3 May 10, 2012
May 10, 2012 weird sound effects in Blackrock caverns? I was in Blackrock caverns heroic today and I kept hearing strange laughing like a gnome or a goblin. I hadn't heard it before on regular. is that in the dungeon? It might have been someone messing around in vent but no one else noticed it. Probably everyone is used to it being that they run these every day. Any one know what I'm talking about? But if it isn't a dungeon sound effect and it isn't a guildy, then it must be one of my add ons doing something like DBM did on April Fools day. If so I'm deleting it.Valdro0 May 10, 2012
May 10, 2012 Dropping the Shields on Sinestra's Eggs My guild is currently going back and cleaning up any past heroic content that we didn't clear when it was top content. This past weekend, we were working on Sinestra. I have done a ton of research and many, many pulls on this boss. One thing that seems unclear, though, is when the shields drop off her eggs in phase 2. I've done a lot of pulls with various groups on Sinestra that have reached phase 3. When my group attempted it this weekend, however, there was an inconsistency with the shields on the eggs. What causes them to drop, exactly? Some attempts, we had her mana shield low and the shields dropped when the first drake spawned. Other attempts, the shields would drop when her mana shield was at 80%, 60%, sometimes 20%. There was one attempt where the egg shields even dropped before we had killed the whelps in the back. There was one attempt where we got her shield to 5% mana, it stayed like that for ~10-15 seconds before the shields finally dropped (a second drake had spawned by then). So, what causes the egg shields to drop? Is it bugged?Ganrokh5 May 10, 2012
May 9, 2012 Raid setup Hello my guild is looking to pick up another DK melee dps for my core 1 raid. We are going to start hard modes this week for the first time but we will be rolling 3melee 2range which I know is an awful idea with so many melee but I was wondering if it would be possible especially with the 20% nerf. Thank you for the feedback.Pizza2 May 9, 2012
May 9, 2012 Herald of the Titans [H] I will be running a herald of the titans 10 man run on Thursday the 10th of May 7PM Australian Eastern Standard Time. I am still looking for most classes at the time of posting. We will be running 2 tanks, 3 heals and 5 dps setup. I would like to have a shadowpriest, a hunter and a mage for the fight but if we cannot get them we will work without it. I am not requiring full BIS geared players but I am looking for players with at least ilevel 200 pieces, you need to be fully gemmed and enchanted, flasks and food will not be provided. There will be a 3 mistake rule for things like Big Bang and Cosmic Smash, if you die to the these things 3 times without a good reason (eg the portals closed) you will be replaced. To get this achievement you need to have no pieces with a higher ilevel than 226 for armour and 232 for relics and weapons. You can be fully geared for this by doing heroics and buying items with JP. Tanks- 1. Jajabinx / Frostmourne (Protection Warrior) 2. Mitigate / Suramar (Protection Paladin) Healers- 3. Gubon / Blackrock (Restoration Druid) 4. Zinatra / Korgath (Discipline Priest) 5. Enquire / Frostmourne (Holy Paladin) Dps- 6. Osrsly / Winterhoof (Elemental Shaman) 7. Thirteen / Dath'Remar (Rogue) 8. Møønchilð / Blackrock (Balance Druid) 9. Kriparrian / Magtheridon (Hunter) 10. Xenophics / Thrall (Shadow Priest) Add me on real id or post here if interested, include in real id message or post your name class spec and server, along with equipped ilevel in your herald gear. Thanks GubGubon11 May 9, 2012
May 9, 2012 Yorsahj 25-man Heroic "tunneling" Was a bit curious to see what other 25-man guilds did regarding DPS assignments on Yorsahj Heroic. The oozes aren't very difficult to kill with a 20% nerf, so there's a few DPS that like to tunnel the boss, and it still dies and what not. With 0%, we needed everyone to switch. The questions I have is as follows: -How many DPS do you keep on the boss each week, and how do you determine who? As silly as this sounds, I thought about maybe just /rolling for it each week to seem fair and equitable, but haven't devised an exact number either. Thanks. :)Digerati36 May 9, 2012
May 9, 2012 Boomkin lf H FL clear Title says it all. I'm 6/7 H FL and im looking for anyone running it for a clear. Willing to do cross realm. ThanksNäla2 May 9, 2012
May 9, 2012 Question about dungeons/Heroics Whenever I'm in a dungeon and in battles (boss or not) I take damage while attacking while behind, I don't notice any AOE's and since I'm melee I take a lot of damage and sometimes die, am I doing something wrong?Wutland1 May 9, 2012
May 9, 2012 Why 25 man raiding is gone, and won't be back It's harder to organize than 10 man. It is typically more complex than 10 man It shares a lock-out with 10 man. It doesn't drop any better loot than 10 man Why in the name of whatever deity would you expect people to work harder to organize, need to do extra work to down the content, for no better loot? Especially when it doesn't give you a second shot at a boss for the week? In WotLK times, every one of my max level toons could raid any night of the week - People *wanted* to do 25 man because it dropped 264 loot instead of 251 (heroic mode was 277 instead of 264), and you could do both, so people wanted to do both. There was a premium on 25 man groups - given the chance to raid 10 man or 25, you chose 25. Doing 25 man rewarded the additional trouble you went to. 25s also meant that raiding wasn't limited to preset teams. Somebody was going to not show for a 25 man, which meant you PUGed to guild and then to Trade. Blizzard changed this just before the release of Cataclysm, and 25 man raiding died overnight. Except for LFR, I haven't seen an actual 25 man raid since. I've seen lots of talk, but no action. There may be a few big guilds that have done some 25 man, but they're sure as heck not PUGing any slots, and even if they're doing it, they're doing it maybe once, mostly for the novelty value. I can tell you a lot more about differences between 10 and 10H in the various Cataclysm raids than I can tell you about 25. People being people, they respond to difficulty by avoiding the difficulty, and they respond to rewards by trying for them. Until and unless Blizzard restores some kind of reward worthy of the additional difficulty, 25 man raiding is not coming backInterrock246 May 9, 2012
May 9, 2012 Should raids be scalable to 10-25 people? It seems to me that Blizzard should either pick a raid size that works (e.g. 15m) and make the best possible content for that raid size, or instead attempt to make raids scalable for any raid size between 10 and 25 people. Don't say it can't be done. It can be done. Blizzard has already watered down 25m mechanics so they will work on 10m also, it's not out of the question to suggest they can modify mechanics so they will work on any size between 10 and 25. Can anyone provide a compelling argument for why Blizzard shouldn't do this? It seems to me, the "separate but equal" model of 10/25 raiding is just a mess, and that a unified model can bring people together around a single experience. I believe it is feasible and it's just a matter of motivation on the part of Blizzard to pull it off.Ramses38 May 9, 2012
May 9, 2012 Shadowfang Keep - levels of trash. I am trying to get the SFK sword. My understanding is it drops from the bosses now - lvl 21 toons. I went into SFK with my 85 holy pally and ran it a few times. I realize the drop rate is incredibly low so of course I dont have it yet :). I could move through the instance pretty quickly of course but thought my 85 feral would be faster. I switched to the feral and to my surprise, the level of the monsters increased to level 85. I didn't realize this and plunged in only to get nuked very quickly. Question is this...why are the toons <=21 when I go with my 85 holy pally and why are they lvl 85 when I go on my feral kitty?Ingredient2 May 9, 2012
May 9, 2012 New LFR thing to do? Just ran an LFR and encountered a certain shayman at the end. He opened the shell fragment and proceeded to hand out loot. He missed 1 thing, to hand out the gold. Proceeded to wait 20 minutes till it was just the 2 of us left. He vote kicked me and I am guessing received the full amount of gold from the fragment. New practice to do in LFR? Might have to try this out for free gold... Thanks blizRezwaz5 May 9, 2012
May 9, 2012 raid lockout questions Ok so I am going to be leading a run to do Heroic nefarian. I've downed all the boss's on heroic myself except him before. Now the question is for a fresh one where I am leading do I need to complete each boss on heroic or can I do them all on normal and then switch to heroic for nefarian. Im being told by some people I have to do all or most of them on heroic for nefarian to be available on heroic but some are saying I dont. So can I complete each boss on normal and switch to heroic for nefarian since I personally have cleared them all on heroic in previous weeks?Wenll0 May 9, 2012
May 9, 2012 Raid Finder Feedback i know, about a trillion other posts like this, but im so frustrated right now i just want my voice heard, i havent complained over this fact in the whole time i have been doing RF. i became unholy, around the end of 4.2, i may even go as saying maybe a week before 4.3 came out. when it did, i got Pit Lords Destroyer within the 1st day of release in a guild run of the 3 new heroics. ever since i have done DS-LFR, every week, on tuesday, and i usually get lucky enough to get just a Madness queue, as all i need is from that at this point. so, my issue here isnt that i havent won gurthalak, its that on MANY occasions i lose it to someone with it, someone who doesnt need it (has RF, Reg, or heroic version, and some warriors DWing it and winning) or im losing it to tanks or healers for their off specs. as you can see im no stranger to reg DS, and im trying as we speak to get a madness pug and get the reg sword. but till then, ill keep getting screwed over in LFR because healers need that extra dps boost, dont ya pallysDantalis22 May 9, 2012
May 9, 2012 The way loot drops and the system works. A post from a blue in email: ... If there is a [set #] of items on each boss you fight and each item should drop regardless of its [drop rate %] only if the [drop rate %] is the same on each item, now if an item that you are struggling for has a different [drop rate %] then the value of that item obviously is better than the gear with increased [drop rate %]. Why is it so damn hard after so many attempts to get the item, if the tech says: His personal philosophy, but not actually a concrete answer. ... If we cant focus solely on an item, we will never be good enough to enter a raid and our gear will never be complete, we will never be accepted but only trolled and flamed because our gear does not meet raiding standards, its sad how the people make the rules on how good your gear is and not the actual game. If you had seen my achievements list, within the past 2-3 days, I did nothing but well of eternity at least a max of 25-34 times within that period, I have earned the cap of JP instantly each day. How many times do I have to run a dungeon to get the gear that I am paying blizzard for monthly? Every dungeon I do, its either Mail or Leather that drops, mail, leather, mail, leather, mail, leather, plate, mail, leather, mail, leather, plate. This is so frigging annoying, it seems blizzard favors lightweights over heavy weights. The hour of the twilight LFD system sucks bawls, Your goal is to queue for a dungeon knowing which boss will drop the gear that you need, but when you queue, the dungeon is randomly picked out of the three(3), and you can do this dungeon any number of times that you wish, but queuing for a dungeon in the "Specific Dungeon" combo box can only be done once out of the day? Makes absolutely no sense. ... People that play this game have a different set focus, I am not here for story line, I am not here for strategy. There is no strategy, why do you think people complain that wow is way to easy, MoP is just going to be as bad as burning crusade and higher. People wish wow was like the Vanilla days, but we know that won't happen blizzard kept listening to the public and not 'themselves'. If I am working for gear that I have targeted, I should be able to get it without a little hassle but not too much of it. If I knew there was a dragon that dropped an item that was made specifically for me, I would expect to get it, not some profession gathering material that means absolutely nothing to me or disenchanted gear. If I cant accomplish my goal then I am just wasting my time and getting nowhere, lying to me saying something is there when it is actually not or saying I will get it, if so, when? never? At least I was comfortable with the looting system and the dungeon system in Vanilla, but its likely me and other people will never see any of that content again. The day Blizzard starts implementing their own opinions will be the day that subscribers will increase in numbers.Loafclot8 May 9, 2012
May 9, 2012 BC res gear. Alembic of Infernal Power This is a res/mana item. It gives two bonuses 33 res and and 260 mana on hit. I cannot even begin to express how badly it annoyed me that a hunter was able to need on this while my warlock was stuck greeding it. wth. How has the res property still not been fixed on BC gear two expansions after they changed it to pvp only? edited for those of u who only read the first post: Contrary to popular belief those of us who are not healers DO run out of mana! omg can u believe it? It serves a purpose to me. It serves zero purpose to a hunter. In regards to the secondary equip bonus.Tekihyo8 May 9, 2012
May 9, 2012 Get rid of the group requirement to old raids Dear Blizz, Hey it would be really cool if you guys got rid of the "requires Group/Raid" for old raids like for example Karazan or MC (Molten Core) I personally soloed MC and Karazan ( ok ill be honest i skip around but I solo alot of the Karazan bosses easy peasy) I do know some of the other old school raids sometimes can hit hard but thats an easy fix with like 1 other lvl 85 anyways please just drop the requirement thing please, Kewl, and thanks--- UlfurBera \m/Ulfurbera6 May 9, 2012
May 9, 2012 Normal'Heroic DS After coming back to the game from being a heroic raider prior to FL being released i.e. heroic BoT/BWD. As far as Raid Finder that is pretty much on lockdown. I haven't tried getting into a normal/heroic DS group at this point, I'd say on gear I'm up to par correct?Drasuka2 May 9, 2012