Professions

Nov 10, 2018 Nat Pagle Reputation Levels "There are 6 levels of friendship: Stranger, Acquaintance, Buddy, Friend, Good Friend, and Best Friend." I've read that in multiple places, yet I've turned in quite a few fish and now Nat Pagle is my "Pal". What level is this? Do his levels just have different names? If so, what is "Pal" equivalent to?Amadia17 Nov 10, 2018
Nov 10, 2018 Cooking supplies? Usually the cooking supply vendor is next to the cooking trainer? Not in Zandalar? Asking a guard doesn't help either as the vendor he sends you to...doesn't exist? "find the Taruen in the path of ancients room" NOT there?...gee maybe he took a flight path back to beta?Brigitmajmaj2 Nov 10, 2018
Nov 10, 2018 Antiseptic Bandage Inquiry I am currently working on leveling my warlocks tailoring and I am going for the completionist for all patterns. I noticed, however, that under Draenor Patterns, there is still the Antiseptic Bandage pattern which shows a "Draenor World Drop" as the source, with that item being called "First Aid in Draenor". Now the problem is, this item has been removed from drop tables and are currently on the AH from players who never used them for well over 150k gold on my realm. My question is: Will this pattern be removed from the game in the future? Will I forever have 1 unlearned pattern in my "Unlearned" tab? And also, if I were to buy one of the grey patterns of "First Aid in Draenor" from the AH for the reasonably expensive price, would I actually be able to still learn the "Antiseptic Bandage" from it or would it still be an unusable grey item in my inventory?Alphakenyone1 Nov 10, 2018
Nov 10, 2018 Faster Smelting? Is there away that we can smelt things faster? Or can we please get an item to increase the speeds of this please?Brugarth28 Nov 10, 2018
Nov 10, 2018 Rare Recipe: Dirges Kickin Chimaerok Chops ... I still have this recipe and I would be interested in taking offers. This was the only epic cooking recipe to have ever been added to the game.Twinkys1 Nov 10, 2018
Nov 10, 2018 BOA Sangicuell & Hydrocore As the title suggests make Sangicuell and Hydrocore bind on account. That would help a lot of players that have alts that run dungeons. I have an alchemist that can't use Sangicuell to craft anything. Same with my other character which is an engineer. I have 500 sangicuell that is useless to me. If it was BOA I could pass it to my paladin who is a blacksmith and make two pieces of armor. Cauldrons are BOA which is helpful, there is no reason hydrocore or sangicuell need to be bind on pickup. I couldn't craft pieces and sell them on auction house or give them to guild mates. Please change this in a patch. The community will appreciate it.Kyojin0 Nov 10, 2018
Nov 10, 2018 (feedback) BFA Professions Are awful. All players get passively flooded with crafting materials via the scrapper and otherwise, while simultaneously there is virtually nothing valuable you can make with any of it. Everyones bags are flooded with useless and worthless mats. As a JC, my only way of making money is by crafting boe rings and hoping for epic procs because every gem besides krakens eyes and haste gems sell for 10g each on AH due to sockets on gear being RNG. Crafting boes bottlenecked by expulsoms. In past expansions, to have a fully optimized gearset you had to buy item enhancements from just about every profession, thats how it should be. (leg patches from LW/tailoring, shoulder enchants from inscription, all the various slot enchants from enchanting, meta gems and baseline socket gear for JC, etc) Every player should have to do business with with multiple professions to have the best gear. its never been easier to passively have enough gold to enhance your gear, so why does bfa have the least item enhancements of any expansion? In addition to item enhancements, there should be a selection of fun and interesting items that you can craft and sell, I.e. goblin gliders, toys, usable items or whatever. Why do we not have any of these things? professions seem so shallow and useless, its almost like they shouldnt even be in the game anymore.Supersnake21 Nov 10, 2018
Nov 10, 2018 Sanguine cells will get new uses According to the wow reddit interview with Ion, sanguine cells will get some changes Sanguicells Enchanters will have new recipes that will actually convert Sanguicell into Expulsom for personal use. A universal cooking recipe will allow you to use Sanguicell in place of rare fish for the highest level of raid feasts. save them up boisPetersenseí3 Nov 10, 2018
Nov 10, 2018 Anchor Weed Rarity I'm starting to gather up herbs for flasks now and in the time I gather 500+ winter's kiss for example, I get maybe 5-10 anchor weed. Feels way too rare or maybe I'm just that unlucky? What is everyone else's experience?Alerzhul27 Nov 10, 2018
Nov 9, 2018 Darkmoon faire I just rejoined playing wow again, quit last April. Went to the faire after learning Kul Turan profession “which started me back to lvl one” and I can’t use the quests in the faire to increase my profession by 5 now. The quests say lvl up by 5 but it didn’t happen. Is this a bug? Or intended?Turkeyjerkey8 Nov 9, 2018
Nov 9, 2018 Looking to the past to save the Future-JC <Conclusion at bottom> Let me start by saying I have been a JC since WotLK, and have friends who have been since BC. We’ve seen many different iterations in gear, grinding, and outputs to professions throughout the expansion, which is to be expected, each adding a different flair or removing redundancy to help the game along. Something most of us can agree on is that the professions haven’t really gotten much better with age. Professions used to be an RPG element to the game and something that one could stand behind or be proud of doing and having achieved such a high level of expertise. In recent expansions they have become a means to an end with very little to no excitement, and that needs to change. JC used to be a mighty profession, almost every piece of high end gear had gem slots that could needed to be filled and JC always had a place. In addition craftable Necks, Rings, and Trinkets were a niche and often comparable to items you might find in raids. Though flaws did exist: the number of craftable gems was too high. Not only were there a handful of Meta Gems, but each of the 6 gems had 3-5 different crafts, and trying to keep sell them on the AH was a headache. Complexity did not decrease with the introduction of WotLK, in fact the number of learnable recipes went up. But some new goodies did come from it. We saw the introduction of ‘JC-only’ gems with Dragon’s eyes, and a nice upgrade option with gems called ‘Icy Prism’. These systems helped with giving JC a bit of novelty as well as what to do with the loads of green gems you probably had. For Cataclysm we saw more of the same, except for JC trinkets being taken away. In Pandaria we saw an interesting change: blue gem crafting was now gated behind daily research, in order to achieve all or a specific cut you had to rely on chance. This drove interesting behavior in the game. The first couple weeks gem prices soared as the top tier guilds were looking for just the right gem, and there was a possibility that no one on the server had it. Later in the expansion this just became a laborious project for alts. I do believe that Draenor, however, is when things started to go awry and we lost our way with professions. With the introduction of the Garrison, everyone had access to everyone else’s gathering professions. This was a trek into unknown territory for the individuality of professions, where instead of having several unique crafting materials you had one, in the case of JC it was Taladite crystal. This is also where we started down the path of BoP items. This was a gross simplification of professions, and really started the ‘road to recovery’ for professions, which we are still recovering from now. We also saw in Draenor the removal of several key aspects as well: A significant amount of epic gear, Meta gems, JC only gems, and the biggest by far which was removal of gem slots. We did however get something rather neat: Item upgrades (Taladite Amplifiers). Compared to this, Legion was a breath of fresh air and I think that’s why people liked it so much. Blizzard finally addressed their issue of profession catch-ups by starting everyone at 0. Epic craftable were brought back into the day. Gem simplification and mass prospect added QoL improvements. And the recipie levels added a new intricacy to the game. But this wasn’t without some consequence as well (Disclaimer: I didn’t not play actively during Legion so I may not have all the information). Infernal brimstone and other ‘uncommon’ level crafting materials we only accessible by doing world quests which made supply and the ability for all professions to use to terrible. Also, waiting for a WQ in order to get the final level of an item just felt like you were waiting to get lucky, there was no, I know this word has been popping up a lot, Player Agency in trying to attain it.Meitai1 Nov 9, 2018
Nov 9, 2018 Legion Archaeology, why always the same 5? I've been leveling Archaeology as it was neglected for the past 2 years. When I got to Legion zones, I've been bouncing between the 5 same dig sites all in Val'Sharah for the past 150 skillups. Aren't I supposed to see other dig sites beside Highborne? I have not seen Highmountain Tauren or worked outside Val'Sharah zone since the first time Eche'ro became available 2 years ago. I stopped Archaeology after getting that mount.Nerrus3 Nov 9, 2018
Nov 9, 2018 Mecha-Mogul Mk2 schematic?? I've run THE MOTHERLODE!! a bunch of times, but the schematic won't drop. My engineering isn't maxed out, but it seems people are getting the recipe anyway without maxing it out. Is there some trick I'm missing, or is it just a low drop rate?Kathucka5 Nov 9, 2018
Nov 9, 2018 Goldthorn Tea Recipe Hello, I am currently farming a few recipes, the last ones I need in order to learn every cooking recipe. I was about to get done with it, when I came across the Goldthorn Tea in the Unlearned tab. The cooking tab stated that Henry Stern teaches the recipe in Razorfen Downs. I, then, rushed as soon as I could to RFD, cleared the dungeon and... he wasn't there. I checked the forums, wowhead and other websites and found out that the NPC was removed from the game. I'd like to suggest the reintroduction of Henry Stern as a trainer for the goldthorn tea, or the removal of it from the unlearned cooking recipes tab altogether. I know it's a VERY minor thing, but it's kind of frustrating, and either solutions I suggested would fix the problem just fine (Even though I'd prefer to have one more recipe in my cookbook). Thanks!Uichi8 Nov 9, 2018
Nov 9, 2018 Imperial Plate Gloves Where are they? can we see them get added somewhere? its weird that they are still missing.Cara2 Nov 9, 2018
Nov 8, 2018 Engineering = Useless? Engineering = useless? It's very expensive to level, 125 expulsom? Compared to other such as Alchemist/Tailoring/Inscription/Enchanting/Jewelcrafting, engineering is a pain to level. Plus there's literally no usefull stuff we can sell / create :( , A mount sure but give it some time every engineer would make one and the price will plummet :( The Epic Googles are worthless as it's only 340 ilvl, even a Freshly dinged 120 can spend 10-20k and attain 320 ilvl easy, a quest reward here and there and voila, you pass the 340 marks :( Give us something usefull? Or at least reduce the ridiculous leveling requirement. 125 expulsom just to level?Reinz16 Nov 8, 2018
Nov 8, 2018 Kul Tiramisu rank 3? Wtf is the deal with this quest? Are they ever going to offer it?Hulaturtle21 Nov 8, 2018
Nov 8, 2018 Kul Tiramisu Rank 3 Just popped for me today.Soulprison4 Nov 8, 2018
Nov 8, 2018 Bountiful Captain's Feast With rank 3, is it possible to get more than one from a combine? I know that's the way it is with potions.Pheonia3 Nov 8, 2018
Nov 8, 2018 Kul Tiramisu - Rank 3 Its in the game they said Watch for the WQ they said Blizzard waiting for patch 8.1 to fix the world quest so it is actually in the game, hoping no one notices their mistake...... LOLBearrepairjr3 Nov 8, 2018
Nov 8, 2018 Relearning BfA Engi with goggles. So I know that the gnomish racial of +15 to engineering helps them keep recipes orange/yellow for longer (to level up). If I dropped and re-picked up engineering (but still have maxed out azerite goggles), will it function the same way as the gnome racial? TLDR: Will equipping maxed out engineering goggles (+55 zandalari engineering skill) make it easier/cheaper to re-level zandalari eng from 1-150?Cynika3 Nov 8, 2018
Nov 7, 2018 Mecha-Mogul Mk2 Parts The drop rate on the Blast-Fired Electric Servomotor is way to low. I only need 3 more, and I have run THE MOTHERLODE 6 times, and didn't receive one. NOT ONE. First of all, you never give Engineering anything useful to make money with, then you finally give us this mount again to try and make money with, but no. Its freaking impossible to farm. PLEASE make this better. Its not enjoyable to run a dungeon with other players and ask them to loot corpses or have to worry that another engineer will be joining the group. Its ridiculous. End rant.Proclaim3 Nov 7, 2018
Nov 7, 2018 Higher blingtrons give WORSE items? just less stuff in general what the hell is the point of making the higher blingtrons? what tight fisted dev is in charge of profs and making sure they are time/gold sinks but rarely give anything back?Kugsneak4 Nov 7, 2018
Nov 7, 2018 Disenchanting Vanilla Mats Problem I have run into a problem with leveling Enchanting on an Alt on a new server. I wanna get all the recipes and such as I am leveling. I'm currently stuck at 102 for the Vanilla Enchanting. I can't get Strange Dust from Disenchanting because the items scale with my toons level (currently lvl 56). All I get is Light Illusion Dust. Even if I go to a Zone where those items would have been Strange Dust, it still gives me Light Illusion Dust regardless, because of the scaling. The same with Rare mob drops, or if I got into a Dungeon. It all scales to my level. So my question is... how the hell do I get Strange Dust without buying it off the AH ? It's a new toon new server.. so gold is not an option right now. I've tried to search for this topic online first. But I've come up empty with everything I've read so far.Jesstrayl4 Nov 7, 2018
Nov 6, 2018 Maxing out engineering I've been stuck at about 125 in engineering forever. The problem is nothing seems to bring the skill up that doesn't require expulsom. And expulsom is really hard to get. You can't get it from the auction house, and it only drops from scrapped items about 10% of the time. Am I missing something? Is there any better way to get the skill up, or is going to take many more months to max it out?Valéns6 Nov 6, 2018
Nov 6, 2018 Skinning Hotspots in Kul Tiras? Anyone know good spots with lots of beasts to skin?Vellivive1 Nov 6, 2018
Nov 5, 2018 Embroidered Deepsea Bag Recipe I've read every guide about the drop for this recipe off of BFA Naga including what areas to farm. I'm either the unluckiest person in the world, the farming information is inaccurate or there's something wrong with this drop. I've literally killed almost 1k of the appropriate mobs and no recipe drop. The most mob kills anyone posted before getting this drop was 80. Is anyone else experiencing this issue or I truly am the unluckiest person in the game?Satinka5 Nov 5, 2018
Nov 5, 2018 Will Sanguicell ever have a use for professions like Alchemy? I'm sitting on almost 400 of them right now and I have no use for them as an alchemist/herbalist.Ursarin16 Nov 5, 2018
Nov 5, 2018 Jewelcrafting Recipes for Sanguicell? I'm a JC and I have all these Sanguicell but I cannot find any recipes to use them. Can anyone advise?Yuxiong4 Nov 5, 2018
Nov 5, 2018 Goldthorn Tea - Vendor no longer in game. So there is no way to get this anymore yet it is on the unlearned list. Anyone know if this is available anywhere besides where it description says to get it. The NPC is says to go to is no longer in the game. Dont see it on AH either. Thanks!Brig1 Nov 5, 2018
Nov 5, 2018 BFA Enchant Stacking Question Does anyone know if the "Navigation" buffs stack if you use the same type on both weapons while dual wielding? Or would it just potentially increase the build up to 5 stacks / increase the uptime? (Not really looking to spend 10k on an experiment and hoping some other people have tested it in beta). Thank you.Völgrim9 Nov 5, 2018
Nov 5, 2018 Changing professions If I drop a profession to replace it with a different one, do I lose all the skill points and blue prints for it if I ever want to pick it back up again?Valéns3 Nov 5, 2018
Nov 5, 2018 Midnight salmon and daylight savings time Data compilation for people who might contribute but are frustrated and quitting fishing for other things after getting a bad suspicion. 40 casts in Boralus Harbor, zero salmon 7:30-7:40 Central Standard Time ("high" drop rate for salmon if the servers switched for Daylight savings but "low" if they didn't) (Just really suspicious because I know that the STV fishing tournament didn't switch for daylight savings time in the past... the problem is known).Nzete0 Nov 5, 2018
Nov 5, 2018 Restored Artifact vendor Bfa Hey is there a new vendor for restored artifacts to get drust fragments? Ive been searching the city for awhile now, and cant seem to find one. I even went to the previous vendors to see if they for some reason sold the new one but unfortunately not. I checked wowhead and a few other places and cant seem to find the information. So any help would be wonderful.Pav6 Nov 5, 2018
Nov 5, 2018 Crafting/Gathering a thing of the past? Is Crafting and Gathering a thing of the past now? Wherever I go (I have several chars hence different areas) there are level 120 making their rounds and picking the area clean of crafting material! Apart from it that they race through all the mobs who follow them in a bunch and then turn to the next player around in crowds of 5-8. I have logged a few of my chars and tried another, but it is the same everywhere. Since I am a crafter, I don't want to have to go to the auction house to get my stuff to craft so money sellers can make a heap of bucks to finance new money sellers racing around! OK and if the readers only have stupid remarks like 'what does gathering mean, never heard of that' and along that line, then we have the names of those parties who probably feel they are complained about.Blizem12 Nov 5, 2018
Nov 4, 2018 Alchemy Mastery Quests in BFA Does anyone know which specific alchemy level we need to start the quest for the alchemy masters nowadays? I have max Kul Tiran, but it does not pop up.Mainlander2 Nov 4, 2018
Nov 4, 2018 Ench Cloak Greater Prot "16stam" = 5stam So....I just bought a cape for 3k gold since it was less than ilvl 136 so I could enchant it with "16 stam". Enchant Cloak - Greater Protection After enchanting, it only comes to +5 stamina........ The cape is the crafted one with dodge mastery and a socket and socket bonus. Perfect for twink tanks for timewalking and is why I got it and so I could enchant it with 16 stamina. BUT NO......their stat squish and tooltips are obviously misleading. Belt buckles tooltips haven't been updated either, they still read......"cannot be applied to items higher than level 600". Pissed offSwervenprot3 Nov 4, 2018
Nov 4, 2018 Levelling pre-BFA professions Does anyone know if I will continue to level unmaxed professions when in those zones? For example I didn't play Legion, returned for BFA and have maxed out Zandalari mining. Can I level Legion mining while questing in Suramar? Thank you.Perezhilton2 Nov 4, 2018
Nov 4, 2018 Ask for more? Noobity Noob Hi. Returning player after 11 years. It took me a month to scrape up 4500 for Artisan Riding. I recently stumbled on the Auction House that at least on my server, Arcane Crystals are in high demand. I can farm about 10 an hour and i put them and they're all gone within an hour. I have no idea why. Should I be asking more? I don't want to be greedy and 399 seems high especially when I see other thorium based gems usually going for 10 gold. On the other hand I see another guy just buying everything up at tripling the prices (jerk). I know that's one way to make money but it's still evil.Valora4 Nov 4, 2018
Nov 4, 2018 Darkmoon Faire Profession Quests in BFA So, the Darkmoon Faire starts up tomorrow and it made me think about the profession quests. Assuming they didn't change the quests in anyway (which is doubtful, but I can't find an answer), my question is: which profession expansion tier do they add the points to? For example: Player A has maxed out their Engineering in all expansions except BfA. They do the DMF Prof Quest and get +5 points to their profession for Zandalari/whatever-the-Alliance-side-is-called Engineering. Player B switched professions to Engineering after 8.0 and doesn't have any progress toward most of the previous expansions engineering. They do the DMF Prof Quest. Where do the +5 points get applied? If anybody has an idea on where to find this info it would be much appreciated.Rebutsu22 Nov 4, 2018
Nov 3, 2018 Freezing while opening professions I cannot figure out how to stop this from happening to me. Even with all addons turned off, my game freezes for 2-5 seconds before opening. Anyone have a fix for this? Sometimes it IS instant and no freeze happens. Wish I could give people more information.Priestic14 Nov 3, 2018
Nov 3, 2018 Archaeology in BFA Currently Archaeology in bfa is poorly design, Is a step backwards from legion as there's few rewards, what's worst is that now it takes forever to reach 150 as you no longer get a guarantee point when completing or solving a fragment. When looting a fragment in legion there's a small chance of activating an event that rewards you even more fragments. BFA has non of that, and once you collect the two only pets, there's no reason to keep doing archaeology. BFA's archaeology needs to increase the rate at which you gain a level point when looting a fragment and/or reintroduce the guarantee level point when solving a fragment to improve leveling and maybe some weekly or bi-weekly dailies because as it stands right now .. its boring.... thoughts?Averus2 Nov 3, 2018
Nov 3, 2018 Stop mining/herb node despawning. So annoying.. You're reaching for that juicy Anchor weed , and it disappears, just because someone else picked it 30 seconds earlier. One way to prevent this: Make it so it remains up for anyone who has it tracked on their minimap. For everyone else out of range, it despawns as usual after first pick. Edit: Fixed the 30 seconds (Missed the zero key :)Fugubar7 Nov 3, 2018
Nov 3, 2018 Fishing Cast Counter I'm working on leveling my BFA fishing, and I'm curious if there are any add ons or macros I can use to count how many casts I make? I have Fishing Buddy but it doesn't seem to offer that option... at least not that I can find. And Google doesn't seem to be much help, either.Aetheryal2 Nov 3, 2018
Nov 3, 2018 Point to leveling professions b4 110? Seeing that you can skill into BfA professions without any prior experience, is it even worth the time to level the other profession levels on alts?Thragg2 Nov 3, 2018
Nov 2, 2018 addon to track only rich nodes? is there one?Veranique4 Nov 2, 2018
Nov 2, 2018 Meat to Pet...Fix Please This is getting beyond ridiculous. The RNG for this is totally off. A lot of my in game friends are doing the Transmute: Meat to Pet for BFA, to try and help me get the current pets, and yet NONE of them since launch has gotten ANYTHING other that common crap that can be bought on a vendor. I have 3 toons who are Alchemists, and today all 3 sac's produced the Yellow Moth, which sells for 35 silver and can be bought from a vendor for silver. You would think that with a recipe we paid gold to learn for BfA it would drop a pet related to at least Legion or better. Had the same issue in Legion.Dulçinea7 Nov 2, 2018
Nov 2, 2018 Midnight Salmon nerf Here we are a few months into BFA and the salmon nerf seems a bit overboard after some time. Dont get me wrong. I loved it when it happened but now it seems a bit much. I see massive overstocks of salmon on the AH coming down to reg fish price levels. Fangtooth and Redtail are the big sellers because of bulk needed for feasts. At this point anyone can fish up enough salmon in a few hours for raid night. Kinda takes away the rare aspect of them. At this point the bacon back in legion seems more rare even being available in world quests than the salmon do now.Byakkoturd13 Nov 2, 2018
Nov 2, 2018 Sanguicell and Alchemy in 8.1 Is there any hope that Alchemists will have a use for Sanguicell in 8.1? I mean, at the very least, give us a transmute that uses it, to make something we can use.Iggnatz3 Nov 2, 2018
Nov 1, 2018 Unable to level up mining in Outlands? I just made this character and picked up herbalism and mining. I'm able to mine and pick herbs in Outlands but they aren't giving me any levels. Is this intentional? I've picked up 5 mining nodes and I'm still level 1. Do I need to pick copper to level up?Rottingsteak2 Nov 1, 2018