Professions

Dec 16 Professions resources on the web In this thread, we'll create a good old-fashioned pile of links to resources on the web that are specific to professions in World of Warcraft. As you make suggestions of great websites that fit that description, I'll return to this first post and add your links (so long at they are germane). I'll start us off with these: WoWhead Professions Guides Alchemy Blacksmithing Enchanting Engineering Herbalism Inscription Jewelcrafting Leatherworking Mining Skinning Tailoring ----- Archaeology Cooking First Aid Fishing Now it's your turn!Kaivax36 Dec 16
Oct 26, 2010 Welcome: Please Read! Welcome to the Professions forum! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss professions with your fellow World of Warcraft players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy, so we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct (http://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct) and guidelines (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15252595157) before posting. Important Reminders: Search The search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely effective and robust. Before you create a new forum topic, please be use it to search for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer for which you are looking. Making a new thread on an existing subject can result in your thread being deleted or, if you continue to re-post the same content, the loss of your forum privileges for spamming. Rating The forum rating system can be used to promote positive discussion, demote unhelpful comments, and even report posts that violate the forum Code of Conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with several options, including a "thumbs up" (Like) and a "thumbs down" (Dislike) icon. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon will rate the post up. If enough people like a post, it will gain a Highly Rated status and appear at the top of related search results. Highly Rated posts will also have a highlighted background. Clicking the "thumbs down" icon will expand a drop-down menu which will include "Dislike," "Trolling, "Spam" and "Report" options. "Dislike" will rate the post down. If enough people dislike a post, it will be darkened, and with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden completely. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of a violation. Please note that you can only rate each post once. Use your power wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Have fun posting on these forums, and good luck with your adventures in Azeroth!Lylirra1 Oct 26, 2010
1h Food Buffs Question Is there anything that can allow food buffs to persist after death available in the game?? Thanks in advance!!Cherri1 1h
2h Why Shouldn't Engi's be Able to Summon? Engineer's can already perform a few functions with a long cooldown with craftable items (resurrect, self-port, loot as some examples). The biggest argument against this is, "Summoning is key to Warlocks." My response to that is, "Why?" Let's go over a list of things that Warlocks still bring to a party or raid that will remain unaffected by things change: Lock Rocks Demonic Gateway Battle Res This is still quite a bit of utility to bring to a raid. Lock rocks never go out of style, and taste exceptionally delicious with a little bit of pepper sprinkled in, and gateway can provide quick movement if it used accordingly (Krosus is the first to come to mind with the Orb of Wiping). While having a Warlock available to summon is a very big QoL feature, sometimes Warlocks are just not available. This is primarily the case in pugs, which is what I encountered this evening and why I thought to post this idea. I feel as though it would be a great addition to allow Engineer's to create a remote that summons something to port allies (the means of summoning literally doesn't matter; mole machine, mechanical "mock" demonic gateway, etc.). "What would the cost be for such a feature?" There should be, as per usual with engineered items that serve another purpose, be a significant cooldown on this item. My first thought is 30 minutes, but could possibly even be as few as 10 minutes, with a duration of something as short as 2 minutes. This wold allow it to be available for use multiple times, if a Warlock isn't present, but not diminish to ability of a Warlock to drop their coffin indefinitely. If an additional cost is needed for such an item, it could be a craftable legendary item specifically for Engineering. It was not given a legendary to craft when the other professions were. To ensure that this item isn't used outside of Engineering, it should have a skill level requirement of 800. This ensures that the item is used by dedicated Engineers, and that people do not swap between Engineering and other professions simply for the ability to summon others. "What would this bring to the profession?" First of all, it would provide Engineering with a legendary to craft. Secondly, it would bring some utility to a profession that has not had utility outside of the "self" in quite some time. Thirdly, it would bring a nice utility item to a profession that has largely become (in my opinion) a novelty profession. Lastly, it would provide another gold sink into the game. I am not sure what the other craftable legendaries require in terms of mats, but taking a quick glance at WoWhead, they require a bit of investment. There's no reason that this item would be, or should be, any different. What are the thoughts and opinions of Engineers, Warlocks, and the greater community?Korrein0 2h
4h Lavish Suramar Feast How long does one take to get this good feast? I mean really I've been giving Nomi food for 2 patches now and still can't even get rank 1. Is there any restricting factor???Sapphire2 4h
6h Capped at 700 Leatherworking??? Hey all, I recently leveled my leatherworking to 600 (I also completed the entire questline for leatherworking including Mounting made easy) and went to my garrison for the first time ever (this was a boosted toon for a new server) to pickup draenor leatherworking. I had up to level 700 unlocked after that, so I quickly made some legion armors to get there. Now I'm running into a problem because I previously unlocked "Legion Leatherworking" from the first leatherworking questline, but my leatherworking cap was never raised to 800. So now I'm not sure how to get legion leatherworking again as no trainers have anything for me and I can't redo the first leatherworking questline.. Thanks for the help!Funkymonk6 6h
6h Herbalism- How do I get rank 3? Hello, I have all my herbs sitting at rank 2 atm, I've farmed so much foxflower that I've made 95k gold so far from it, but the problem is I have yet to get the rank 3 quest yet. Do I need 800 herb in order for the quest to drop or is there something else I need to do?Gwýn157 6h
8h Am I cursed or what?? I typically don't gripe that much about RNG...it is what it is, but this is making me wonder if my character is bugged. Since I have hit rank 2 for Flask of the Seventh Demon (and all other flasks really) I have made what I estimate to be over 1k Seventh Demon flasks and I have yet still to get rank 3; not to mention I still haven't gotten rank 3 on any other flasks as well. Could I be missing something or am I just really that unlucky??Demonmack0 8h
12h Relearning a Profession and Being Punished I searched for this topic and found someone who said that not being able to go back and redo the quests lines are on purpose. This means that you can't learn rank 2 for many of your patterns. Is this true, or is it just a development issue? I personally find that rather disturbing and something that should be made very clear to us before we switch, and not in a general way (if its true). Has anyone gone through this process, and was able to obtain their rank 2 patterns? Specifically what was the action, and did it involve rolling your character back or just getting the recipes restored?Aflockalypse5 12h
15h No engineering legendary? QQ 2nd class crafting prof. At least give us a new mount :(Vaelkar15 15h
15h How Blizzard Decided To Ruin Professions: In a Blizzard meeting to discuss what they are gonna do about Professions in Legion three Developers were discussing what to do: Dev #1 "So what are we gonna do about Professions"? Dev #2 "People like doing professions. We can't let them have any fun so how can we make professions less fun"? Dev #3 "Why don't we make them massive sinkholes of time, money, and materials with little to no reward for their effort". Dev #1 "Good idea, we all know no one will buy the finished things they make anyways". Dev #2 "Also lets have them quest for the recipies". Dev #1 "Well that almost sounds fun, lets offset that by using RNG so they almost never get rank 3 recipies". Dev #3 "We should also do something about Archeology thats fun to do and has some decent rewards". Dev #1 "Lets have them do a weekly World Quest and make it so it takes many hours to do the World Quest and we can give them a junk reward for their effort like a Telemetry Beacon". Dev #2 "But they might still have fun with that. Lets make all the dig sites be in areas full of quickly spawning mobs that are the same level as them so each fight they have to work for and then have the mob respawn quickly". Dev #3 " Yeah put one dig site in the Ley Ruins of Zarketh in Asuna and make sure all the mobs respawn 5 seconds after the player kills them so they get no time to even do archeology digging". Dev #2 "Hey lets put another dig site in the Temple of 1000 lights where all the mobs are all elites and a single player can barely solo the enemies there even tho Archeology is a solo profession". The meeting ends with the 3 Blizzard developers laughing their asses off at how stupid the player base can be.Shanathebelf64 15h
15h Underlight Angler AP Farm needs tuning Throwing back thousands of fish for 50 AP each is ridiculous. Make the Artifact Power fish stack to 200 and let us throw it all back at once. At artifact level 15, it takes 226 inventory slots of AP fish to level up. This is nearly 4 constant minutes of just throwing back AP fish due to the 1 sec CD. Also, equipping the fishing pole removes my poisons. This makes Assassination Rogue the single worst spec in-game for fishing.Dragomir4 15h
16h prospecting- not cutting it I am having a tough go with JC. Ive bought around 200k worth of ore in the last 3 days. 10g a piece in stacks of 200 I couldnt really pass on it, probably a bot. I dont have a break down of the total prospecting results but: id guess, 30+ orange, 25+ yellow, 30+ purple a freaking ton of gem chips and hundreds of smaller gems of all colors. There is a fellow on my server who rarely leaves SW and is also a JC. So major competition. He was gone the last two days and I almost made my money back from the ore but he is back now. I have been making rings, DE them (on my alt), then making what i can enchant wise then selling the arkana. I attempted to Obliterate the smaller gems then sell obliterum but its only going for like 450g right now. So not a great flip but a fast sell. Im 775/800 JC, should I just bite the pillow and bust the rest out and work on getting the large gem patterns? I just checked and he is selling the big cuts too. :/Flexeçutie0 16h
17h Tailoring 'Queen's Grace Loom' problem Hello, I've finished the quest 'queens grace looms' and unlocked imbued silk weave and braces. But when I try craft the braces it says "requires queens grace looms quest". I'm pretty new to this game so it might be something simple I'm missing. Anything that could help would be appreciated.Zareliaeda15 17h
19h Best profession to make a lot of Gold What's best profession to learn to get the most gold? Like someone said Herb gathering and Alchemy is one of the best but is that true? I am leaning Mining and Blacksmith since I' am a warrior and if I was a hunter I learn skinning and leatherworking or Mage I would learn Tailoring. But he said I don't need to go based on my class anymore. So I thought would learning Herb and Alchemy be best to make gold? I use to do Herbs and Alchemy when I was started playing this game for first time in 2011 when the starter edition came out and I was a hunter. ThanksPikachudall31 19h
1d New tailor legendary pattern. What are the pre reqs to accessing this? I don't see it for sale at the dalaran vendor.Cptslasher33 1d
1d Enchanting Macro - Legion Below is my pieced together macro for Enchanting - following the Legion updates. It allows for pressing of a single macro button to cast the selected enchant in the crafting window upon the item in your inventor that the mouse pointer is hovering over.... /run local f=MyItem or CreateFrame("Button","MyItem",nil,"SecureActionButtonTemplate") f:SetAttribute("type","click") f:SetAttribute("clickbutton",GetMouseFocus()) /script TradeSkillFrame.DetailsFrame:Create(); /click MyItem /click StaticPopup1Button1 Tynæ6 1d
1d Into the Whirlpool? This is the last quest I need to complete Fishing 'Round the Isles, I haven't seen this quest come up in months? Am I missing something? Is this quest broken?Lincöln3 1d
1d Professions being phased out? I've never been a fanatic about crafting, but it was always something i tried to keep up with because there was some cool benefits. Just started looking into leveling professions on my main and some alts and realized there not much point. Its like Blizz had to make some staff cuts and just whacked the entire professions team.Pecados5 1d
1d Why cant Blacksmiths make repair anvils? I mean at skill level 800 1 would think this would be a thing do blacksmiths just not have the skill to repair armor? an engineer can..heck they can engineer a robot to do it..heck they engineer time traveling robots who are smarter than they are.Pák5 1d
2d Cooking 780 - 800 I have reached a stand still. I do not have any recipes to level on. Anyone else having this problem?Greedin9 2d
2d Professions for Demon Hunter? I'm just wondering, what profession is everyone planning on picking for their demon hunters for legion?Zöx27 2d
2d Alchemy Rank 3 Flasks, anyone got them yet? Simple question, has anyone gotten any flask to rank 3? so far i've made well over 100 flasks of the same type trying to unlock rank 3, chances are if you play frostmourne you've been buying mine, thats how many ive made compared to the rest of my server. I honestly feel like im chasing a carrot on a stick here, the shear amount of time im suck into it trying to get rank 3 in a flask so i can then get 800 alch is taking longer than anything else in the game. So with my rant over, has anyone actually gotten rank 3 and if so how many flasks did you make roughly?Masika116 2d
2d Reaves teleport to The Broken Shore? Much like the way warriors were added the ability to jump from Skyhold to The Broken Shore, I was wondering if Reeves could get The Broken Shore added to his list of places to teleport to. If not no worries, that 30 minute teleport is great! Thank you!Farling0 2d
2d Feedback on Legion Enchanting Pre-Legion, Enchanting felt useful to my mage both from my own use and for AH resale. The vast majority of sub-ilevel 600 gear slots have some kind of recipe that enhances them in a small way. No one enchant is OP and to get any kind of noticeable effect you had to enchant nearly everything the same. With Legion enchanting, it feels… incomplete. Neck, cloak and rings are the only slots with relevant recipes. Shoulders? 1 utility recipe for scavenging professions. Gloves? 4 legion-specific utility recipes. Then a bunch of toys and companions and the transmorg book. But nothing for wrists, chest, belt, pants, boots and head. Even if Blizz didn't want to add additional offensive buffs they could have added utility buffs (move speed on boots? Please!) or even lifted the WoD item level cap on enchants allowing those to be still be useful. Given the effort required to get to 800, the usefulness of what was achieved is extremely limited. Perhaps some additional recipes can be added in later patches as drops.Tinkerizmo5 2d
2d Legion First Aid: Intersting...Annoying Legion First Aid started out interesting with the random quests and the achievement for completing all of them. Unfortunately this secondary profession and its features quickly moved to boring, then annoying as these quest starting items continue to drop after you reach max skill and complete the achievement. They offer a disingenuous reward for the materials and time to complete and there is absolutely no reason to complete them at 800 with Field Medic. Please make these items either stop dropping when they provide no progress for First Aid or have an incentive stronger than 25 order resources. (I have 572k at this posting.)Ruaidhri0 2d
2d What's even the point of crafting anymore? Actually questioning, and only semi ranting about my views of Blacksmithing...Without getting into the whole 'forced to do dungeons and the Underbelly' topic because that goes for all profs. - 815 armor is worthless because even random WQ can give much higher ilvl loot, and with a chance of upgrade no less. 815 is only useful literally for the first hours of reaching 110. - To upgrade that armor we have to make more and more items to turn into Obliterum and upgrade it up to 855, IF we got the mountain of Demonsteel, Blood of Sargeras, and haven't gotten a better item by that time*. *Or buy it all in the AH, at which point you're still spending tons of gold for it. - To upgrade an item, it must be soulbound, so thank you Blizz that we can't even sell the one thing our profession is supposed to produce. - Relics are 805.....805, seriously....do I even need to explain this one? - At least I can sell the hoofplates for an extra 20% mounted movement speed... To anyone that isn't a Paladin or has completed the Pathfinder achievement... As it is right now I see absolutely no point in crafted gear other than to be made into Obliterum or enchanting trash. The only people I can see benefiting from crafting at all are the ones that play so little on a weekly basis they might as well not play at all. (Ok, I kinda sounded like an !@# here, but it's just to state my point) I got that Blizz mentioned they didn't want profs to feel forced or mandatory...but crafters were reduced to some pointless make-believe artisans and toy makers while other professions like Enchanting or Alchemy are still useful for the great majority, how is that fair in any way, shape, or form?Rahku28 2d
2d Do Nar'thalas Hermits even exist? I've been able to get every rare fish within 10-15 minutes. This stupid hermit crab won't even drop the bait required to even have a chance to catch it. Anyone else having this issue?Decimal21 2d
2d Solution to alt-unfriendly professions With Legion being so alt-unfriendly, isn't it time to allow players to learn as many professions as they want on a single character? If I want to sink my time into maxing out 11 primary professions, why can't I? Balance? That's not true since Blizzard effectively removed damn near every boon professions gave.Deydrania10 2d
2d Need inscriptionist with trusted steed glyph Can't find one anywhere.Shaoru0 2d
3d Legendary Inscription Idea So I tried coming up with an idea for inscription legendary glyphs. Lemme know what you think! Warriors -Arms, Gain a storm cloud that rains Lightening while blade storm is active -Fury, Enraged Regeneration causes you to gain molten armor -Protection, Last stand causes you to become a fire spirit of yourself for the duration. -note- makes the character transparent but with a red glow kind of like combustion for fire mages Druids -Restoration, Tranquility causes roots to seek out friendly targets -Balance, While Celestial alignment is active 2 moons orbit around the druid -guardian, Incapacitating Roar summons the spirit of ursol to roar along with the druid -Feral, Tiger's fury gives the druid an orange glow and you roar like a tiger Death Knight -Frost, During pillar of frost a ghostly frostmourne looms above the death knight -Unholy, Outbreak causes the bleeding effect from corrupted blood back when it was killing players in major cities -Blood, Death grip is a meat hook from Diablo's butcher Rogue -Assassination, Using envenom while Vendetta is active causes a shadowy scythe to appear and slash the enemy (Kind of a nod to Diablo) -Subtlety, Shadowdance no longer makes you purple but you become a shade when it is active -note- like using evasion but you emit a shadowy particle effect -Outlaw, Adrenaline rush causes your characters movements to cause a blur -note- kind of like the old warpweavers from outland when they left clones of themselves when they moved Mage -Fire, when you cast Pyroblast it now causes a small molten meteor to fall onto the target -Arcane, Arcane missiles now summons an arcane rune in front of the caster and the missiles turn into and X pattern -Frost, Causes your Ice abilities while Icy Veins is active to turn to different colors Demon Hunter -Havoc, Blade Dance now causes you to hover above the ground and makes fel glaives cut into your enemies -note- just have the characters model hover in the sky with green transparency and have big fel glaives to follow the pattern where the demon hunter would be striking -Vengeance, your sigils now explode with a shadow of your metamorphosis Paladin -Holy, Your beacons of light now cause a feint holy light to shine above them from the heavens -Protection, When casting avenging shield if it will hit multiple enemies it will instead throw multiple shields and all of them will fly back to the caster -Retribution, Divine steed now causes you to instead of ride a horse. you will float with angelic wings Hunter -Beast Mastery, when you cast kill command you and your pet will become larger for 10 seconds stacking up to 5 times -Marksmanship, while trueshot is active a sentinel will hover above your head -Survival, during aspect of the eagle, spirit eagles will fly around you and your pet occasionally flying between you and your pet Warlock -Demonology, your call dreadstalkers now summons two larger fel stalkers and wild imps become smaller mischievous imps -Destruction, Chaos bolt will sometimes cause you to catch on fire -note- the fire would match the color of the chaos bolt -Affliction, whenever you cast Unstable Affliction on a target that is effected by corruption and agony you gain shadowy horns and wings Monk -Windwalker, While Storm, Earth and, Fire is active your clones occasionally erupt with that element type -Mistweaver, Revival causes all effected party members to burst out dark particles -Brewmaster, fortifying brew turns you into a mogu Priest -Holy, While divine hymn is active all effected party members gain angelic wings -Shadow, While shadow form is active you gain small tentacles from your body -Discipline, When you use Power Word: Barrier a Val'kyr will hover in the middle of it pulsating light Shaman -Enhancement, when you cast Crash lightening you become infused with lightening, causing the player to glow and spark -Elemental, when you cast thunderstorm, after the lightening has struck, the ground will pulsate and smoke with lightning particles -restoration, your spirit link totem will cause all effected party members to become connected -note- With this it would take the particle effect from chain heal but make it whiteIllunaris1 3d
3d Rank 3 Hidden Satyr Can recipes that are on weekly lockouts please not have a <1% drop chance or at least be BoE?Impsie3 3d
3d How do you slice meat/fish? How do I get a "chunk of boar meat" from a "raw boar meat" or "sea scorpion segment" from a "sea scorpion"? Thanks.Swashbuck2 3d
3d Rank 2 Stonehide Leather I've haven't been able to get "Scrap of Pants" for the quest to give me rank 2 stonehide leather. I've been max level skinning for WEEEEEEEKS and I have no idea what is going on. I have rank 3 felhide, rank 2 stormscale, and unbroken claw & tooth. does anyone have any idea what i'm doing wrong here? everyone on the wowhead page for scrap of pants said they got it around lvl 350 skinning. :| http://www.wowhead.com/item=129864/scrap-of-pants#commentsHalure0 3d
3d Predictive Combat Operations Databank Things that have dropped before this in Siege of Orgrimmar: The entire Normal Transmog set The entire Mythic Transmog set For those that don't know, this is a required mat needed for Reaves: Piloted Combat Mode. It drops from the Juggernaut in Siege of Orgrimmar and it has like a 1% chance to drop. It's completely ridiculous!Deydrania1 3d
3d Legion Cooking Feedback Hi This far into Legion I can say cooking has become a very utilized profession even outside raiding. Nomi work order fiasco aside, the foods you can make are great. I always eat Bear Tartare before doing world quests or old xmog runs, hell even in M+ dungeons I will sometimes use Bear Tartare over stat foods for the movement speed. One of the best additions you've brought to the game. Fighter Chow, despite it being nerfed is great for leveling alts and also using it for dungeons or world quests. Another excellent addition to the game. There is also the Wildfowl Omelette which you get through the Wardens rep; small attack and movement speed bonus for 15 minutes instead of 1 hour for some reason. It was helpful during the Mage Tower challenge for me personally, and I'd probably use it more if the buff did not last only 15 minutes. Is it really that powerful? You already can't use it in raids... I am sad the Fishbrul Special is not good anymore for a lot of specs. It was a fun buff to have instead of stat food, but since you buffed feasts giving main stat it has been rendered worthless in terms of min-maxing. I don't know what you could have done here to keep it relevant. My biggest suggestions for cooking in future patches in Legion or the next Expansion are regarding foods for casual PVP and 5-mans. You already have some feasts you can buy with Marks of Honor that give small buffs in casual battle grounds which are nice. But perhaps we could learn to cook one too? I don't want to trade 1 mark of honor for one feast. I'd rather use mats I gather (or maybe some new currency from pvping) to cook a feast. Most importantly, there should be a more efficient food item for 5-mans, especially with the popularity/success of M+ dungeons in legion. Using a feast which can feed 25 feels like a waste IMO. If there was a more efficient food that gave comparable stats, but only fed a party of 5 that would be most excellent moving forward.Vivec1 3d
3d Was the 7.2 fishing stuff removed? For anyone who followed MMO-Champ, Wowhead, etc. there were new Fishing things coming in 7.2: 6 New Friends that sold unique bobbers, located in each of the 6 Broken Isles Zones, each with their own boss (like with Margoss) that could be summoned. New colors for the fishing artifact, as well as a new skin for the fishing artifact. Oddly, the reps for the friends were visible on the Armory for about 2 weeks after 7.2 released, then mysteriously vanished. So, did they just outright get rid of the fishing stuff? I mean, I know there was a lot of backlash that a few sites were posting about how it's messed up to make rep grinders grind 6 new fishing reps?Maizou4 3d
3d Stuck at 781 My Inscription is stuck at 781 - no profession quests and everything in my recipe book is grayed out. Clearly, I'm missing something - anyone know what to do?Lorelune2 3d
3d Jewelcrafting 780-800 a joke? I just hit 780 jewelcrafting, which seems pretty high based on other jewelcrafters I've seen, and the only things I can craft that give me skill ups are the 3 star class specific necks. Not only are these super expensive to craft with how bad prospecting is, but 90% of them are so terrible that people don't even buy them. On top of that the recipes for the 3 star necks are not exactly easy to come by. Essentially if you ever want get max jewelcrafting, so you can craft the main stat gems, you will have craft 20+ of these necks that, on my server at least, you would be lucky to sell even at a loss of a few thousand gold. I mean who is going to pay ~20k (market value of the gems for crafting the neck) for an 815 neck that is terrible unless you spend another 40k to upgrade it to 850 with obliterum. Meanwhile getting obliterum as a JC is awful, I don't know how much the class necks give when obliterated but the lesser rings and necks barely give any. When compared to any of the professions who can make tens of thousands of gold just by crafting bracers (BS, Tailer, LW) that you are required to have in order to make your forge, and who are getting to 800 skill level super easily it feel like Jewelcrafting is in terrible place.Kice159 3d
3d Can't get the Armorcrafter's Commendation I just spent three days smashing through leveling, gearing and leatherworking to get it to 800 and sell at least one legendary to begin setting up my alliance roster on Moonguard, But by the looks of it i can't get the commendation for the quests if i reached 800 DURING the nether disruptor ¿Is it that way or just a bug on my side?Phøbøs2 3d
4d I Prospecting worth it anymore?? This is a serious question, so if you are just trolling through the forums looking for someone to down-vote, GO AWAY.... The question is whether or not Prospecting still works in Legion?? I am a JC who has maxxed out Mining, and I have been told that instead of collecting ores to sell on the AH, I should be prospecting them to get more valuable mats. To test this, I gathered 200 Felstone, and 100 Felslate ore, and prospected them all. The results, I got 4 bags full of Gem Chips(which seem to have no use), and nothing else. This was frustrating because I remember before Activision took over WOW from Blizzard, that prospecting had some useful results. Unfortunately, now it seems that you get Nada, no matter how many stacks of ore you prospect. I am well aware of the recent push to destroy professions in the game, and am curious if anyone has had any better luck at prospecting Legion ores?? I am not mad here, as I can just sell ores on the auction, and make some gold, but if there is a better way, I would love to know it. Has Activision completely obliterated Mining as well now?? Please clarify this for me. Thanks in advance!!Cherri6 4d
4d Nomi's Work Orders are TERRIBLE. I have literally put in a full week's worth of work orders for nomi, ranging from all different types of mats, and I have recieved ONE Rank 2 cooking recipe. That is, to reiterate: ONE Rank 2 cooking recipe for over FIFTY cooking work orders. That means I'm averaging a 2% drop rate for cooking recipes from these stupid freaking work orders. This system is absolutely aggravating. My guild members are reporting similar, though not as extreme, results. Some of them say they've gotten 1 recipe every two days while others say 1 recipe every day. I'd be fine with 1 recipe per day. But 1 recipe per WEEK? I'm really starting to get frustrated at this point.Dragonberry22 4d
4d Nomi's Cooking Work Orders Question Just curious if I make a work order with Nomi do I need to give him the specific ingredient I want the recipe to or does he just give me a chance at a random recipe. I hate burning all the ingredients I find for the recipe I want and having huge surpluses of ingredients I don't care about if I don't need to.Hotbull3 4d
5d Disgusting professions in legion are a disaster! i just got back about 3-4 weeks ago and only now am i balanced out and just getting all my tons of alts to new dalaran and sorting them out. when i leveled my main i didnt pay to much attention to the profession quests as i was doing them with zone quests because i do everything the xpac has to offer on 1st toon leveled. but now that im on alts and just sorting through stuff... i see that professions are gross. the amount of stuff involved just to get a recipe to craft something is absurd. in 12 years of hardcore playing this game never have i seen professions in such a horrible state. extremely alt unfriendly and the achievement for Legion Master of All is just to much. in xpacs pass i was able to level each and every profession with fun actual crafting of items learned and not leave the city and get it done in a timely manner with a somewhat mid to high gold cost which i didnt mind. now more than ever if you are outright buying all of your mats it will cost on average 700k to 1 mil to get your profession to 800 and thats not to mention it will take you a couple of days to a week or 2 if you play a ton of hours to grind out the required recipes from zones / dungeons / raids to get hit 800. just thought i would point this out. im not gonna say how many toons i have or accounts but any gm reading this would know and they would know more than anyone that i know what im talking about when i talk about professions considering i have around 400+ professions that are all max leveled to wod 700 and have been since around the 1-2 month of wod release. i hope they aint like this in the next xpac.... now time to get back and slowly suffer through it i guess. that is allPalathalas7 5d
5d Make Inscription Great AGAIN! We once were a force to be reckoned with in the Auction world with items like. Crafted Malevolent Gladiator's Medallion of Tenacity http://www.wowhead.com/spell=146638 Secret Tiger Claw Inscription http://www.wowhead.com/spell=127021/secret-tiger-claw-inscription Runescroll of Fortitude III http://www.wowhead.com/spell=112045/runescroll-of-fortitude-iii Forged Documents http://www.wowhead.com/spell=89244/forged-documents Mysterious Fortune Card http://www.wowhead.com/spell=86609/mysterious-fortune-card Scroll of Stamina III http://www.wowhead.com/spell=50614/scroll-of-stamina-iii ETC. We used to sell flask equivalents to non alch's, we could blackmail the baker into giving us money, we could even craft BoA and BoE shoulder enchants that could be sold on the AH, we would also get new pets to craft, and allow people to gamble with fortune cards. I was so exited about a new professions team coming back with an huge emphasis on craft that I spent 300k on game time (24k a wow token) I am still playing for *free* but am thoroughly disappointed at the state of this profession. What the heck is happening to all professions in wow... I want this fixed, give us our buff items pets and gambling back (new fortune card), the game is starting to die for PvE'rs because professions are end game for an expac and there is nothing to be gained or min maxed and no ones really buying cosmetic glyphs.Rufflezdruid2 5d
5d WTB Felsteel Bars! Hey everyone, Looking to buy 10 felsteel bars so if you got them, contact me. My Auction house is small and has none of them.Briarrhea2 5d
5d Bloodtotem Saddle Blanket I know everyone has been confused as to what this item does, and Blizz wont give out any hints as well but recently I noticed that when and only when I have a saddle blanket active my AP/XP bars flash(add-on feature) as if ive received xp or AP. Could the secret to this item be as simple as it gives you constant rested xp? My AP/XP values dont change but add-on acts as if im getting something since it flashes about once every 10-20 seconds when active and mounted. I only assume this item gives rested xp due to the fact most people are constantly doing something or max level so you would never notice rested xp building up. Also, others have found that it truly has a value, and patch notes state this value was nerfed. Just spit-ballin here but like many people...I just want to know already.Hödr4 5d
5d Wanting to buy Sentinel's Eternal Refuge 95k Message me on Papadragon or Sterol (@ Stormrage)Papadragon5 5d
5d Steelgrip Gaunlets Hey everyone, Looking for a blacksmith who can make me a pair of Steelgrip Gaunlets for an xmog of mine. I'll make sure to pay you for your work.Briarrhea0 5d
6d Request to add an extra feature :) I LOVE PROFESSIONS! I really do, because of this every time I make a new character I rush off to get started with my professions as soon as I can. I have reached the limit of characters a few times on my account and each one of them has had professions but sometimes it can be hard to keep track of. Before I was forced to move to Western Australia I had amazing internet. I could jump between toon's with ease, but sadly now my internet is at level potato and it has taken up to 10 minutes to load in (fingers crossed we can get a better provider soon) THAT SAID I came up with an idea which may help the potatoes of the World (of warcraft) that suffer just like me. Why not add a image of the associated profession next to the name at the load screen? (the one where you see all the prettyful characters you have). I have made up a 'mock' idea how this could possibly look. (lets be real, if the game can identify where your character is at any given point in the world and what the race is ect then I am sure the Blizzy masterminds can figure this one out) Here is a link to what I believe could be a quality of life game changer for myself and many other potato owners. http://imgur.com/qlskHy6Avadani4 6d