Professions

Dec 7, 2011 Blacksmithing Shields Unfair Unfare Blacksmithing on Sheild making for warrior at level 82. Stormforged Shield for Pally with intellect (cant reforge) intellect into something a warrior can use. A warrior Tanks Too and has to wait till 85 for good shield. Titanium Sheild (next below) Stormforged shield is almost half defence as stormforged which stuck with +138 intellect . Need one at same stats with stamina and strength to be fair.Straitgagsta1 Dec 7, 2011
Dec 7, 2011 Essence of Destruction How much are they going for on your server?... 5k on mine.Crohlm2 Dec 7, 2011
Dec 7, 2011 Disenchant greed roll+ Bountiful Bags? When disenchanting drops, does the guild perk apply? If not I'd be better off greeding everything and disenchanting later. As far as I can tell it actually does not apply, I typically get a 2 heavenly shard Bountiful Bags proc every 5-6 quest blues I DE, but I have not once seen two heavenly shards proc when running heroics using my enchanting. Is there any definitive answer on this?Aeleka6 Dec 7, 2011
Dec 7, 2011 leather hotspots? in wrath the area with horses was amazing for leather farming. are there any similar areas in cata?Florimel1 Dec 7, 2011
Dec 7, 2011 Little things that bug me...... [ ] Auto Dismount in Flight does not let me craft items in flight form/cat form/bear form. the fix: recode crafting like casting a spell. it will auto shapeshift you into caster form when crafting an item. what bugs you?Frostfever10 Dec 7, 2011
Dec 7, 2011 How is volume today (new arena season) I was looking for anecdotal information about whether inventory is moving quickly w/ the new arena season. I'm not sure, but sales still seem to be dropping off.Alarand1 Dec 7, 2011
Dec 7, 2011 Leatherworking patterns changed? So, I was looking for my Bloodthirsty patterns to check how many dragonscales I needed to help my partner finish off his set, and I noticed they've all been changed to Vicious Dragonscale. Nice upgrade, and I appreciate not having to grind the leather to buy the whole set again, but that creates a problem. None of the armour MADE FROM the Bloodthirsty patterns was upgraded, so people with half a set are still looking for armour from a pattern that doesn't exist. And, annoyingly enough, the complete set I spent an entire weekend grinding mats for for my daughter is now out of date. *siiigh* When a pattern is upgraded in game, why not upgrade the armour made from that pattern as well?Shalenda1 Dec 7, 2011
Dec 7, 2011 Darkmoon Fair Profession Quests Are they repeatable? Or were they a one-time deal?Epiales2 Dec 7, 2011
Dec 7, 2011 Eng: possible use for cogwheels My idea is to give engineers the chance to have a money making profession by allowing everybody to have the use of cogwheels for all prismatic sockets. In suggestions to applying the cogwheel since you currently have it to where you have your profession at 525 to use them, that can actually be changed to where you only need to be 525 to purchase them or enhance the armor piece in the trade window. This I realize would cause the economy to go up on materials to make the items that need to be traded for the cogwheels, but it would be very interesting to see what kind of combinations you could get using blacksmithing to have prismatic sockets on the bracers and gloves. I have had a lot of positive feedback from this, which is the reason why I am posting this here. P.S. why isn't there a scroll of teleportation?Nowucme7 Dec 7, 2011
Dec 7, 2011 Just a thought blizz Do you think we could craft an item in game to make smelting,blacksmithing, tailoring faster to craft kinda like the cooking hat. Its not a huge deal you could make the mats ridiculous to craft but its kinda a pain farming for hours then waiting forever while smelting or crafting. Just a thought would be nice to blow through 30 stacks of ore in no time:)Tagdas2 Dec 7, 2011
Dec 7, 2011 So proff bonuses outside of raw stats. I'm looking for a list of proff related bonuses outside of raw stats. Like Jeeves, or tailor nets. Edit: Many many thanks if someone could direct me to or make such a list. :)Barlucedan4 Dec 7, 2011
Dec 6, 2011 Pls Pls Pretty Pls :) I was just wondering if it be possible to make all the professions adjusted to be like tailoring and enchanting. In enchanting and tailoring you get your gathering ability with the profession. Tailoring has increased cloth drop attached to it and enchanting has disenchant. It just seems fair that the other professions should be equally packaged so that Alchemy and Inscription comes with herb gathering and JC blacksmithing and Engineering comes with Mining and Leather working includes skinning. Could we please get this adjustment or perhaps allowed a third primary profession rather then just two? Akazsha6 Dec 6, 2011
Dec 6, 2011 BS Spec. plans? I'm sure that this has been posted before, and pushed further down the forum, but I thought I would ask again in the hopes of it being read by a Blue, and maybe getting them thinging about it again. Has anyone heard any rumors, whispers, etc. about BS spec plans being brought back. I would kill to have them. Even if they were to be put back in a drops in some random place. I just want them because I want to have all plans, recipies, etc. in any profession my toons have invested themselves in, but I am sure there are those who could use them for transmutes, or to just %@@! some unsuspecting noob on the AH. P.S. For the grammar police out there. I'm sure that I have misspelled some words, and I am just too lazy right now to proofread, or look for spellcheck. lolChrism1 Dec 6, 2011
Dec 6, 2011 Drop Gnomish without losing plans? I've heard that I can drop my gnomish eng and go to goblin without losing my already learned schematics... can someone confirm before I make a huge mistake and lose what I've already learned.Microondas3 Dec 6, 2011
Dec 6, 2011 Weaponsmith Specialization Missing Again :( I had made this toon a Weaponsmith back in Lk days, and when Cata came out I stopped playing. I came back a few months ago, and I just now noticed I no longer have any specializations on any of my toons, and was missing a lot of patterns when that happened. I've opened tickets with my other toons to get them fixed, and now I'm really, really annoyed and frustrated that I lost even my weaponsmith deal on this guy... Atleast on the other toons I've been able to get them back, but this one I can't figure out how, and it looks like you can't do it anymore. So I need help from a GM or a Blue poster to please, please, please give this back :( EDIT: I know the actual specialization was removed I just want all those recipes I learned to come back. That's all I want.Raksasha15 Dec 6, 2011
Dec 6, 2011 Blacksmithing: Stones What happened to Sharpening and Weight stones? There Isn't one that blacksmiths can use right now at high levels. These were always nice to have and are said to be a "perk" on the Blacksmith Profession Page.Bonktime1 Dec 6, 2011
Dec 6, 2011 New toon. Im starting a new toon on a different server and thus Im going to need money, I was thinking that I ought to pick up 2 gathering profs in order to make money. It will be a human warlock. What are 2 professions that I ought to chose. I was thinking Herb and mining as I will be leveling primarily through quests. Any suggestions?Darkgale8 Dec 6, 2011
Dec 6, 2011 Inscription So before 4.3 dropped I had heard a lot of rumors about new patterns coming to make inscrition viable again.Zombiereagan5 Dec 6, 2011
Dec 6, 2011 research and transmute cooldowns Do away with these pain in the butt cooldowns they don't serve any purpose but to slow the game down and tick people off .Hartsdesire12 Dec 6, 2011
Dec 6, 2011 Fishing skill-up buff? Has anyone noticed that fishing skill-ups appear to occur much more rapidly post-4.3? I was doing some fishing for the daily on a mid-level alt with fishing skill around 300 or so, and noticed that I was getting skill-ups at a highly random rate, but still much faster than the 1-every-6-casts or so that I was getting prior to 4.3. I found that sometimes I'd get a skill-up as often as once every cast/catch (best case) or at worst would not get a skill-up for up to 6 casts. The skill-up rate (at the 250-300 skill range) seemed to average out to 3 casts per skill point. This appears to hold true for higher and lower levels of fishing skill, adjusted upward or downward depending on current skill level; for example, on an alt that has a fishing skill in the low 400's, I was still seeing occasions where I'd get a skill-up after one cast (albeit at a lower frequency) or as high as 8-9 casts between skill-ups. Location does not appear to be a factor in this - I did some fishing at the Darkmoon Faire island, in the pond in the lower rise of TB (for the TB fishing daily), the Goblin pond in Org and the Elemental Plateau in Nagrand on different alts with varying fishing skill levels and all seemed to experience the same increased skill-up rate. Soulblight3 Dec 6, 2011
Dec 6, 2011 Herbalism to Engineering change? I currently have Enchanting and Herbalism and I'm considering dropping Herbalism for Engineering. Herbalism isn't too bad for frost DKs with the haste increase from lifeblood but I'm still looking for another profession that will increase my dps. I havent researched it at really, but I heard there's a glove enhancement that gives a strength usage? I guess what I'm asking is if the price of lvling enchanting is worth the dps gain.Drinkitnow3 Dec 6, 2011
Dec 6, 2011 Prospecting Macro I'm not sure if this is the proper forum, but I was wondering if anyone else has found their prospecting macro to be borked? The macro I'm using is: /cast prospecting /use Elementium Ore The odd thing is that the individual commands work when typed in, but not as a macro. Etol6 Dec 6, 2011
Dec 6, 2011 Highland Guppy pools Seems that price gouging isn't limited to ore and herbs. There's never any pools in Twilight Highlands to fish for highland guppy. Is there a respawn time on pools? I refuse to pay over 200g for a stack of fish! I enjoy fishing but it's irritating to go where they're supposed to be and not one single pool is there. Any advice from any of you anglers?Demesthene8 Dec 6, 2011
Dec 6, 2011 new tailoring mount? are they not going to give us one in any of the new patches? I am used to getting one, sucks they it doesn't look like we are. Would be really cool if we got a carpet that was on fire or something.Scoped0 Dec 6, 2011
Dec 6, 2011 Tips for Jewelcrafting? Just came back to WoW after many months, and Jewelcrafting has changed. You used to be able to prospect obsidium, cut the gems, and vendor them for profit. It seems you can't do that anymore, because the vendor prices have been drastically nerfed. So does anyone have any tips on how to make gold with jewelcrafting in 4.3? Do epic gems really sell for the prices they're listed at?Gandin5 Dec 6, 2011
Dec 6, 2011 Can alchemy get new endless potions please? I still use my endless mana potion on cooldown, but 2k mana is garbage these days. That's *almost* enough for 1 more fireball. Any chance we could get a new, updated cata version for both the healing and mana pot please?Cyrassus19 Dec 6, 2011
Dec 6, 2011 Where to go to gather silk cloth? PleaseHelp Im having a hard time finding somewhere i can find a large amount of enemies that drop silk cloth, does anyone have any suggestions? Grentauk7 Dec 6, 2011
Dec 6, 2011 Herb/Mining or Herb/Fortune Cards? Whats better herbing and mining or making fortune card? What one makes the most profit?Sacredzeal2 Dec 6, 2011
Dec 6, 2011 lightweave proc rate So last week during raids I was kind of noticing lightweave lining up with power torrent/volcano card more often than not... was it's ICD changed in 4.3?Nodon0 Dec 6, 2011
Dec 6, 2011 Removal of Armor/Weaponsmithing? Well I was just working on my alt's BS, and it came time to do the Armorsmith or Weaponsmith quest. I headed over to Ironforge to pick the quest up, only to find that the quest-givers have been turned into BS trainers. Not sure if this is a glitch, or if they removed Armor/Weaponsmithing, any info would be appreciated, thanks.Alure15 Dec 6, 2011
Dec 6, 2011 Is Archaeology broken? Below is something I took off of wowhead. I am doing Archaeology my self and find it fun, however I do want certain rares too. I do understand its luck based, however ask your self should it be? Fishing you fish to get fish to cook them and sell them. Cooking allows you to give your self buffs and sell food. First aid allows you to heal your self. What does Archaeology do? it adds time to a game that already has a lot of time on it. I know you don't have to do it I get it, but this poor dude below has dug 11042 times and no trinket. this trinket will be replaced if you raid so why should we have to farm so hard for it. I would love some blue post on this, this should not be a drop rate thing its a profession. I understand farming the mounts off bosses being luck based but a profession? Nightelf 1x100 Queen Azshara's Dressing Gown = 100 1x150 Bones of Transformation = 150 1x100 Highborne Soul Mirror = 100 1x150 Wisp Amulet = 150 1x98 Kaldorei Wind Chimes = 98 1x100 Druid and Priest Statue Set = 100 16x30 Necklace with Elune Pendant = 480 8x30 Highborne Pyxis = 240 16x34 Chest of Tiny Glass Animals = 544 15x35 Coin from Eldre'Thalas = 525 15x35 Shattered Glaive = 525 20x45 Silver Scroll Case = 900 15x30 Scandalous Silk Nightgown = 450 20x35 Cloak Clasp with Antlers = 700 18x45 Umbra Crescent = 810 15x35 Kaldorei Amphora = 525 28x35 Delicate Music Box = 980 12x35 String of Small Pink Pearls = 420 18x35 Scepter of Xavius = 630 14x35 Cracked Crystal Vial = 490 16x35 Green Dragon Ring = 560 15x45 Caranet of the Hundred Magi = 675 11x30 Inlaid Ivory Comb = 330 16x35 Hairpin of Silver and Malachite = 560 Overall = 11042 Still no doll, I'm really sad...Sylias31 Dec 6, 2011
Dec 6, 2011 What're my alchemists xmuting for gold now? Curious what my fellow alchemists are doing for gold now, I used to do the air xmutes on all my toons, but it barely sells at all anymore. You guys having better luck with any of the other ones..??Astyanx11 Dec 6, 2011
Dec 6, 2011 Engineering goggles! Has blizzard mentioned anything about updating the goggles in the content patches? Or something. In wrath we were stuck with iLvl 200 goggles while all the other proffessions got updated recipes... Alchemy was stuck with their 200 trinket too.Zivhayr10 Dec 6, 2011
Dec 6, 2011 Nice job on Alch 4.3 blizz So is alchemy the only craft that got zip for 4.3?Moonfiya5 Dec 6, 2011
Dec 6, 2011 Alchemy proc rates nerfed? Has anyone else noticed considerably lower proc rates from their alchemy specialization since 4.3 hit? I haven't been transmuting much, but my elixir master has procced maybe a couple extras out of 50ish flasks, as opposed to something more along the lines of 20% proc rate before the patch...anyone else seeing this, or do the RNG gods just hate me?Karryn9 Dec 6, 2011
Dec 6, 2011 Alchmey in cata I have noticed this expansion that we haven't had any new skills in alchemy since launch. I was just wondering why this is? I know back in wrath we at least got epic gem transmutes in the final patch but unlike the other professions (except gathering and engineering) we don't get new items as often is this a balancing issue? i know back in classic and BC we had raid drops and chance to discover new recipes so I'm just trying to figure out why we didn't get any new recipes this expansion since the launch of cata. i have tried to find other post about this but haven't been successful so any feed back would be grateful.Lilhelper3 Dec 6, 2011
Dec 6, 2011 Blizzard needs to do more with fishing Yes, I am aware that they added a sea pony pet to DF (gonna work on that) but they need to give fishing some truly cool things. How about fishing up a bottle(ultra rare) that gives a quest chain that ends with something cool? (remember Quel quest chains from ICC 5 mans?(battered hilt)) something like that. How about schematics for a new mount engineers can make? Archeology got a rare alchemy recipe at launch, there is no reason why fishing can't do something similar. It is important to reward not just pvp skill and raiding competence but insane patience in a game.Napalmdaddy3 Dec 6, 2011
Dec 6, 2011 Sulfuras and some Gold Hello. I just wanted to ask what everyone thinks a reasonable price for selling the epic hammer would be. I realize that it would vary from server to server, however it would be nice to see what people consider "reasonable." I want to make a profit, but I dislike price gouging, which is why I ask. Thank you for your time.Avesar4 Dec 6, 2011
Dec 6, 2011 4.3 chim eye rip off..... So we only get 33 of our primary stat from our profession now, thanks blizz. (some1 may already have a rant going but w/e)Skullscraper61 Dec 6, 2011
Dec 6, 2011 Archaeology Digsite Racial Display on Map Hi all, I'm looking for a lightweight Archaeology mod that will show what racial fragments a digsite will provide when I hover over them on the main map. Thanks.Sprocketizle5 Dec 6, 2011
Dec 6, 2011 4.3 Profession Disparity Looking over the new gem cuts, and doing a little bit of simple math, its become apparent that being a Blacksmith is going to net +20 more stats than any other profession. Currently every profession that gives a stat boos has a +80 stat gain with the exception of Jewelcrafters getting +81. Blacksmith: 2 Sockets When loaded rare quality gems, they will recieve +80 of the stats of their choosing, with epic gems, they will recieve +100 of the stats of their choosing.Contingency109 Dec 6, 2011
Dec 6, 2011 Weaponsmith Specialization Missing Again :( I had made this toon a Weaponsmith back in Lk days, and when Cata came out I stopped playing. I came back a few months ago, and I just now noticed I no longer have any specializations on any of my toons, and was missing a lot of patterns when that happened. I've opened tickets with my other toons to get them fixed, and now I'm really, really annoyed and frustrated that I lost even my weaponsmith deal on this guy... Atleast on the other toons I've been able to get them back, but this one I can't figure out how, and it looks like you can't do it anymore. So I need help from a GM or a Blue poster to please, please, please give this back :( EDIT: I know the actual specialization was removed I just want all those recipes I learned to come back. That's all I want.Raksasha15 Dec 6, 2011
Dec 6, 2011 [Suggestion] Archeology I would appreciate a small interface option that would allow Archeologist to see what race (on the world map) each available digsite awarded fragments to. I don't know if it is viable or if other people would like it, but I know that I would so that I could glance at my sites and prioritize the races I wanted to farm. Anyone else concur?Dejakious2 Dec 6, 2011
Dec 6, 2011 Old BS patterns (items soulbound when made) Do we really need this anymore? I have 476 patterns. I decided to make some things for people who want to transmorg. So far I have 2 items that became soulbound when made. & there are others that I have not made yet that I have noticed are the same. Worst of all its nothing I can even use. Can we please change these patterns so we can sell the items? TY (sorry for the QQ. 2nd time just pissed me off)Adassles5 Dec 6, 2011
Dec 5, 2011 Fix gem value disparity Well gear raining down like manna the past week and I have more alts than are good for me. I'm completely out of red, orange and purple gems but I have more yellow, blue and green ones than I know what to do with. At least I was able to use up those orange and purple gems since I like socket bonuses. If I was cramming red gems into every slots like many guides recommend it would be even worse. I wonder if Blizzard is going to do something about this in MoP? At the moment we have red gems being extremely valuable, orange and purple being very valuable, yellow, blue and green almost worthless. It just doesn't seem right having red gems being so hugely more valuable than the others.Slainidh9 Dec 5, 2011
Dec 5, 2011 thanks to the Professions forum... I now have the vial of sands mount. /saluteAlarand3 Dec 5, 2011
Dec 5, 2011 new pattern: Black Silk Vest just wondering if anyone has found where to find this new tailoring pattern yet. i cant seem to find any info online anywhere.Sassîe2 Dec 5, 2011
Dec 5, 2011 Price Gouging The ore farmers can't seem to keep up with demand and there has been no ore, that I've seen, on my AH all day. By noon today there were absolutely no Brilliant Inferno Rubies on the AH at all. I had only 3 rubies left. My fallback price is usually just over 200 gold, but I thought what the heck, and put them up at 285 with a slight pang of guilt and curiosity about whether they'd sell. I come back a couple hours later and they've all sold and still no rubies. I still have some carnelians to transmute.... This is more a philosophy or ethics question than anyone. The nap I took before coming back and seeing my rubies had sold erased all guilt - or maybe it was seeing that they'd sold. Anyway, whatever you want to all it - gouging, exploitation, or just good business - I plan on putting more up at an even higher price if I still am the only one with rubies. Hard to believe at the beginning of prime time on a Friday. 1. No one is forced to buy them. I'm not taking money from anyone that doesn't want to give it up. 2. I'm making sure that these last few rubies go to someone who at least believes they need them much more than someone else. 3. When it was available, ore prices had climbed. I'm passing on my costs to the consumer. What do you all think? Your opinions? If anyone believe I behaved horribly I'd like to know exactly why. What principles are your objections based on?Glenlivet33 Dec 5, 2011
Dec 5, 2011 Archaeology fragment buff? Pre-4.3, Draenei gatherings would only yield about 4-6 fragments per. Now, the last 3 gatherings, Ive gotten 9 fragments each time. Did archaeology receive a boost, or have I just been really lucky? Im doing this on a night elf, so Im not getting the dwarf racial bonus.Koiyama14 Dec 5, 2011
Dec 5, 2011 So about Dirge's Kickin' Chimaerok Chops... I've had this recipe for more than a couple years, and when Cata was released a year ago the island that had mobs that drops chimaerok tenderloin sank. For over a year, the meat was unobtainable until someone posted on WoWhead 2 days ago: http://www.wowhead.com/item=21024#comments ...Buruu14 Dec 5, 2011