Professions

Nov 21, 2011 Numbers for WoW Prospector Question for those JC who use WoW Prospector. I'm curious how you all come up with the numbers you put in each gem slot. For example, Ember Topaz - once cut this gem is all over the place on price and I have no idea what the average sell price is. If you transmute gems do you put 1/3 the value of the final gem in the uncommon slot? This seems like it would be a very useful tool except I don't know how to arrive at an average value of each gem being each cut moves at a different velocity and sells for different prices, plus the market goes up and down.Glenlivet7 Nov 21, 2011
Nov 21, 2011 Tailoring int stat bonus hey wondering how do u get the 135 int stat bonus for tailoring? i read it in mage forums but it mentioned lightweave and im like "whurt?" cheersSamuraipanda2 Nov 21, 2011
Nov 21, 2011 Engineering vs jewelcrafting I'm an expert miner and an expert jewelcrafter but I'm getting bored. I'd like to keep my mining skill and want something to go with it. Is engineering worth it?Deannatroi3 Nov 21, 2011
Nov 21, 2011 Parachute malfunction- ??? I was in a PVP combat with an ally and I used parachute to slow my fall. When I landed (with parachute still on), I took 61k fall damage and died. First time I died from using parachute and on soft landing.Buruu1 Nov 21, 2011
Nov 21, 2011 How much to pay for the hog? So, Jewelcrafting has been good to me, and I was thinking of splurging and buying a Mechano-Hog. I normally pride myself on knowing the cost of making everything and finding a price where I feel like is a good deal, yet is still profitable for the crafter, but I know very little about engineering, so I'm not sure what's a fair price for the hog and what's a rip-off. I know Jewelcrafting is a good moneymaker, and engineering not so much, so I'm happy to compensate a crafter with a very solid offer, but I don't know quite where the line is between a solid profit for the engineer and a crazy high price. If it were up to me I'd spend 12-15k, but I don't know if that's a lowball offer or not. Also, anything I can gather up that would make things easier on the crafter and make the final product a bit cheaper? Thanks!Justheoa6 Nov 21, 2011
Nov 21, 2011 Expanding upon trade chat & proffessions. Good afternoon, Ive been around for a while and have a few ideas for our community come to mind once in a while. Id like to share one of these with you today. In our larger towns (Org/Sw etc) we have trade chat and as we all know by now its mostly filled with general rambling, gold sellers and all over not allot of trading. most of us have professions yet never get to offer our services fully to the people around us. Keeping Trade chat as is or even change its name to community chat ( Natalie Tran u rock ) id like to see a major edition to our larger towns. Say you are in Orgrimmar you have maxed blacksmithing but don't really want to compete in trade chat over everything else to post yours adds yet still want to offer a service to the horde/Alliance i have an idea. Upon entering a major township you become available to post an add in a classified adds newsletter. A newsletter / classified adds is my solutuion. The classifieds could allow you to give a link to your own profession on offer combining available patterns, crafting fees and a general overview of what you offer. Governed by a publishing fee similar to ah to ward off spammers along with other rules such as only those with professions allowed to post removing level one gold spammers etc and only being able to advertise one crafting profession at once per add. This can go out to all players within the major cities to use as they please. Using this platform can give blizzard a way to publish news in game (patch notes community notices and blogs from GC etc). 1st page: Games News 2nd page: Classified adds 3rd page: Static / updated patch notes Making the classifieds section only available in major towns draws people in together whether it be to make themselves available to offer crafted items or just to open / edit an add. Now we also all know that there isn't always a steady stream of customers when it comes to crafting items, this can bring more opportunities through npcs. Now npcs around the townships are 90% of the time part of the scenery, i want to use professions to give them a little more life. Time makes fools of us all even our weapons, armour and clothing etc all of these things fade and break. in keeping our factions updated we can help out right?. When an add is posted in the classifieds (giving the option to make the add itself available to players and/or npcs) a while a quest could appear from an npc asking for assistance in a repair of an item or even a pick me up potion (for alchemists). The npc asking of assistance could offer a gold / rep reward with the town the npc is from (undead in org gives uc rep). The npc could also be a messenger for another npc further out of town (giving more rewards of gold / rep for distance etc). Going further again we could see extra rewards for doing certain amounts of these quests (vanity / fun crafted recipes or material rewards). The list really is long with what we can do here. I believe overall it enriches our towns further and making our professions so much more involving rather than just a stats boost.Fieldmedîc3 Nov 21, 2011
Nov 20, 2011 Should i drop enchanting? I have tailoring and enchanting both at 414 (kinda funny) but when i got hacked my ruined eternium rod dissapeared, and I need 425 enchanting for DE cata greens but i don't know if i want to spend the investmeant making a new rod and leveling my enchanting another 11 levels which the leveling alone will cost roughly 900g of mats on my server unless i start finding greens i can DE for them. Also if i drop enchanting what should i get instead? Distina4 Nov 20, 2011
Nov 20, 2011 Archaeology Continued Since the sticky thread is postcapped I'll make a new thread There needs to either be a way to toggle unwanted races (even if it's not immediately attainable), or a way to "hard reset" or "soft reset" your archaeology nodes. I suggest the former, rather than the latter, and this can be done with two methods: 1) Remove all nodes for the race once you cap out on fragments and disable their spawning. Immediately replace them with a non-capped race's digsites 2) Add a "Toggle" option in the race's completed projects page to disable the spawning of nodes for the race once all "rare finds" have been completed. As for the "reset" solution, it would have to be on a fairly long cooldown, or tied to a vendor item for a decent cost. Here's what I'm thinking: (Hard Reset) [Lost Archaeologist's Map] On Use: Reads the map, instantly consuming all active digsites and generating new ones in its place. Either 100-500 gold cost or 4-8 hour cooldown (Soft Reset) ["Race" Precursor Fragment] On Use: Examine the fragment, instantly consuming a digsite of your choice, generating a new "Race" node in its place. (One for each race) Either 20-100 gold, find from differing race digsites (i.e. fossil from night elf, tol'vir from Dwarf, ect), or 1-2 hour cooldown (not both/all) How the Precursor map works in my mind, is it pulls up an overworld map of Azeroth and Outland, akin to the fully zoomed out map, which shows the general location of your digsites, and allows you to pick one to consume, followed by a confirm prompt with the name and race of the dig site. There was also a post on the MMO-Champion forums that was pretty compelling as well, with a fair bit of thought put into it.: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1017179-Salvaging-Archaeology-%28not-official-content%29?highlight=fix+archaeology TL:DR: Nested RNG is not fun. It's not even creative. Remove some RNGception, please.Cantfocus2 Nov 20, 2011
Nov 20, 2011 Book of Glyph Mastery Before you say anything, yes, I do realize there have been over a thousand threads about this. I'll keep it short. A while back Blizzard mentioned that they were considering changing the mechanic of the books or at least allowing them to drop from newer instances. I've heard nothing more since then an no news on the PTR or anything. The books go for 400-500 on my server, I COULD buy them as an investment, but I've never seen more than 7 at a time, so I'd have to farm them either way. I just wanted to know if there have been any news on this issue before I spent my time and/or gold.Krosstoff3 Nov 20, 2011
Nov 20, 2011 Making >1k/day w Alchemy/Chanter/Scribe Hello everyone. First of all, if you do not have the time to read trough all this, please just leave. I'm not trying to troll anyone, and I'd prefer not being trolled. I want to say I'm not posting on my main to prevent drama and bashing. My main is 5/7 Hard mode FL, and I tend to play about 4 hours per day on average and I spend a lot of gold imo. I have 2 85's, both with maxed professions (enchanting, alchemy, herbalism and inscription) and I'm leveling a new alt with tailoring/mining as professions. I bought a gold making guide about 1 yr and 1/2 ago but it didn't really work out for me. I have about 8k gold between all my characters, I can't buy mats on the ah and resell them to make gold because the price is just as high as the items/glyphs/enchants I would make with those professions. Farming herbs/mining takes up a lot, a lot of my time. So much that I don't think its worth it and I end up spending more gold leveling my next alt and his professions than I make on my mains playing the AH game or farming.Niteclaw7 Nov 20, 2011
Nov 20, 2011 +5 engineering skill ANSWER? So, i've been forum trawling for the last 3-5 days, and i THINK i've finally found it, the problem: i can't find any reference to the item besides this forum here is the URL: http://vnboards.ign.com/wow_professions_crafting/b22786/81860029/p1/ i don't know how this helps, but if i get enough support we might be able to find out from some1 who does know. if this item still exists, it would be HUGE, or we could harass until its added back. +5 engineering is definitely worth ANYTHING to me, even a 1-2 week classic quest chain.Antialliance6 Nov 20, 2011
Nov 20, 2011 Craft a 365 or wait? Help please! With 4.3 rumored for the end of the month, should I craft a 365 bs item (say a witch hunter's harvester) and try to sell it on the ah now, or save the mats and wait to see how much I can get for the 80 volatiles of air, water, and fire I've farmed? All I need for the WHH is 3 more orbs... I'm just not sure what will make me money. Thank you for reading this, any advice will be appreciated.Ismael3 Nov 20, 2011
Nov 20, 2011 What is a good engineering add-on? I am looking for an add-on that will list base components for a given recipe. For example if a recipe takes 12x Titansteel Bars I would like to know that the base components are actually.. 72x Titanium Ore 120x Crystallized Earth 120x Crystallized Fire 120x Crystallized Shadow This way I would know what to farm and have a better idea of what the item actually costs. Is there an add-on that gives this information in game? Hell I would even settle for a website that lists this information. WoWhead only lists main components not the base components. Orionis1 Nov 20, 2011
Nov 20, 2011 4.3 Moneymaking :) Ooo yes...it feels so good watching Darkmoon Cards plummet on the market. With 4.3 within "planning" moments away, what proffs look decent for money next patch? I already hit 425 on my chanter, and Cata enchanting mats are dirt cheap on my realm, so I'll get that and tailoring to 525 within the week. I heard that JC+Enchant+Alchemy is the holy trinity, but I was also looking into making DMC using my own mats, but I'm not sure how effective that is now. Anyway, what sounds decent for making bank on 4.3? For the moment, I just farm. All items on the AH are dropping like crazy because of new gear, gems, etc. (although we know little about this content as of now).Maynard3 Nov 20, 2011
Nov 20, 2011 still kinda wet behind the ears..... Ok so Im still a little new to the game and then I was absent for about six months due to no funds. So on this character my professions are blacksmithing and minning, I'm not to high of a level in either and I was wondering if those are professions that are better left alone or is there a way that I can increase my lvl a little faster? Its hard to find the ore to mine and I do have my mineral find turned on so I'm at a loss here. I'm use to games where the ore is in huge amounts (aka Runescape). What should I do any ideas?Daszune4 Nov 20, 2011
Nov 20, 2011 Idea for DE in dungeons So I was on the Forum the other day and I came across a thread on how free DE in dungeons should be up to the Enchanter because it lowers the value of DE good. Well I think I have a solution. Enchanters don't get to decide whether or not they DE in dungeons, but items DE'd in dungeons cannot be put up on the AH. This makes it much harder to sell the items. They can still be traded and used for enchanting, but not over the AH. Please tell me what you think and any other solutions you've got.Talazune59 Nov 20, 2011
Nov 20, 2011 Savage Leather farming Where have you found the best place to farm Savage leather is?Salmad6 Nov 20, 2011
Nov 19, 2011 Is LW/Enchanting a good idea? I got a 74 druid that I've abandoned quite a while back, as I just got back into the game. He's got both professions, and I'm wondering if I should drop LW for something like Herbalism. I remembered the last time I played him leveling both professions was a huge strain on my gold and was broke almost all the time. Of course, I don't want to lose Enchanting. That's far too good a profession to drop since it's essentially self-feeding (DE green/soul bound gear, use mats to level enchanting and sell off remainder mats. Rinse, repeat). Simply put, is the pain of dumping gold into LW worth it in the end? On a side-note, leveling this character fresh from Cata showed me it's plain easy making gold with two gathering professions; made nearly 4k gold on my server since character creation just through sheer leveling, with ~95% of all that gold from selling herbs and smelted bars. Never had such luxury with my Druid, to be able to swim in gold like this. :(Worganized5 Nov 19, 2011
Nov 19, 2011 Survey: Random Directions? I feel like the surveys are pointing me in random directions and the lights don't mean anything quantitative. The guides I've read online haven't discussed this. They just talk about prancing around digging. I've been doing that but the scientist in me is getting frustrated with the surveys pointing me in circles. Does anyone know exactly how this works? Is there a specific point it's orienting me to, one rolled when I begin surveying? Does an artifact only spawn after I've surveyed a certain number of times irregardless of where I go or where I dig? Or do the surveys have some sort of internal uncertainty associated with where they point? Grrr. Help?Daelynn2 Nov 19, 2011
Nov 19, 2011 Cloth scavenging in dungeons Storanna here. Plenty of the 5-man instances in the game are chock-full of humanoid mobs, which means cloth drops for people. Tailors get bonus cloth drops from mobs that they didn't kill by themselves. I think that all those cloth drops should have a need/greed roll associated with them. Thank you for your time.Storanna11 Nov 19, 2011
Nov 19, 2011 Rare Reagents I continue to be frustrated that Blizzard has not fixed a lot of the reagent issues, post Cata. I'm leveling another tailor and my ability to find small lustrous peals in the AH or figure out where to farm them is headache inducing. I actually heard someone on trade offer a 100g for one. And spider's silk has never, ever had a decent drop rate. I've killed spiders for an hour just to get enough for one recipe. If it is ever for sale on the auction house, it's usually extremely expensive. So these are the reagents I've found hard to get while leveling professions (especially since Cata): Small Lustrous Pearl Spider's Silk Wildvine (and Purple Lotus, which it's supposed to be in, since PL is only found in ruins) Globe of Water Kertril2 Nov 19, 2011
Nov 19, 2011 you don't like fees, you don't like tips I've seen such massive QQing when a crafter uses tip when they "really" mean fee, or if they specify an amount at all that I avoid that matter altogether. I've invented a new, passive-aggressive solution that fills my blackened soul with glee. If I port/fly to you for that amazing top-end enchant that you want, I'll take the mats and watch you put your gear into the don't trade slot. Then, when you decide that my time and skill is worth...oh, hell, 25g? I trade your mats back and leave you standing in Org looking like a moron. Hint: I can get 25g in my sleep. If you don't want to pay for a scroll, find an enchanter in your guild who will do it for you. I'm not going to decide "Oh, well, that sucks but I'm already here", which is what I think you hope. FYI for people that say "just sell the scrolls"-well, that's what I usually do. This is just my heartless way of dealing with people when I occasionally answer a bark in trade. For the record, it's the level 85s that annoy me when they do this. I help lowbies all the time for free...because if you're level 22, you're probably broke. If you're level 85, there's no excuse for being a crappy tipper.Trystyn59 Nov 19, 2011
Nov 19, 2011 Replace a Profession I accidentally took on Blacksmithing as a profession and wish to to get rid of it or replace it. How do I do this?Kardra4 Nov 19, 2011
Nov 19, 2011 Unlearn/Relearn Profession Quest recipes I just "unlearned" Leatherworking but decided to "relearn" the profession. I tried to get the quest for the Kodo Hide Bag but the quest giver does not give me the option. If you unlearn a profession, can you re-do the quests to get the patterns? How does that work? Thanks. Curatrawl2 Nov 19, 2011
Nov 19, 2011 How to end all complaints about engineering New exclusive feature for engineer-owned mechano-hogs and mekgineer choppers: extra sidecars for the whole party http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-fs5MJD2Gn-0/Tap5zFiawhI/AAAAAAAACeM/Pi3Gay1vZzc/s1600/DeathClock2.jpeg c'mon, it'd work.Guykild4 Nov 19, 2011
Nov 19, 2011 Looking to drop Herbalism I am currently Herbalism/Inscription, and as much as I like being able to farm my own mats while out and about (I spend more time outside of capital cities probably more than the population of the city combined), I feel like it will hurt my dps in raids in the long run. Thinking about another profession, but what is good for both efficiency of leveling, utility, and flat stats? I do enjoy Inscription, cheap shoulder enchants are handy and they give good stats, but Herbalism is a little lackluster. Obviously Skinning and Mining are out. Enchanting seems to be a ridiculous gold sink in opportunity cost, although it will be very useful. Engineering doesn't seem quite as good as other professions, but Jeeves and the other tools will make it well worth the possible loss of dps. Tailoring looks like the best for back enchants, but I don't think I'll use the crafting potential of it. I already have an alchemist, and the trinket will probably be replaced soon when I get some reputation grinds taken care of. Blacksmithing, Leatherworking, and JC look to be a bit too much of a gold sink to level without a gathering mule, and I don't plan on using the crafting perks of those professions. Mostly, it looks like it's coming down to Enchanting and Tailoring, and I wouldn't mind getting both, but I'm not sure about dropping Inscription. Anyone want to share what they think is the best for the above reasons?Skwid1 Nov 19, 2011
Nov 19, 2011 How many stacks have you prospected at once? ... Just about went insane did just under 800stacks of ore. Total time to craft ring/necks cut gems and de 7hours 29mins but didnt do it all at onceMcfail12 Nov 19, 2011
Nov 19, 2011 Suggestion: Crafter Finder I have found it very difficult as of recently to find a blacksmith to craft an item I want made. I have had the materials for 2-3 weeks but no crafters ever whisper me back when I ask in trade and the prices on AH are exorbitant. Thus, a suggestion: I think that there should be an interface added where players can go to list items they want made. For example... I want Mirrored Boots made. I go to the Crafter Finder, choose the item I want crafted from a list, drag the mats needed into the finder, and offer a tip (for time, and/or orbs). You can even charge some gold for it like the AH charges a percentage. Random Blacksmith checks the Crafter Finder, sees that I want these made, is ok with my tip, and decides to make them for me. Since the Crafter Finder ensured that the mats were correct before I could submit, Random Blacksmith clicks the buttons, the boots are made and mailed to me, and he receives the gold. Happy Customers. This is beneficial for the following reasons: 1) Less Trade Fluff 2) Crafters find business / people get their stuff made without having to hang out in Org forever. 3) People get things made easier and Crafters enjoy more revenue. Please and thank you? :)Ember12 Nov 19, 2011
Nov 19, 2011 Leveling JC for the first time.. This is my alt and I decided to level JC. Im almost 500 and went to check out the JC 67 gems and quickly realized that the JC tokens are earned at ONE per day... WTF............................................. I've leveled 4 other professions and this is just ridiculous!Dhoomsday4 Nov 19, 2011
Nov 19, 2011 Lesser Mana Potions As a level 23 druid healer doing Alchemy and Herbing, I wanted to make some lesser mana potions as I frequently run out of mana. To make them though, I need Stranglekelp. Having run around all the zones and coasts I am able to without finding any, I did a little research and discover that Stranglekelp is to be found in Thousand Needles, a level 40 area. Is there any other place I can get this - as in farm it for myself? By the time I get to a level that can farm the herb, I am guessing I won't be needing it anymore.Xanthorrea5 Nov 19, 2011
Nov 19, 2011 Mining/JC or Enchant/Tailor on my Druid? Hi There, I am starting a Druid and wondering about what professions to pick. I already have a Shaman with Herbalism/Alchemy and I'm wondering what professions to pick for the Druid that might also compliment my Shaman's professions. I'm most attracted to Enchanting, but wondering if JC will make more money. Is it stupid to pick up Tailoring when Druids wear leather and Shamans wear mail? Or should I be doing some other combination? Any opinions appreciated...Beornin0 Nov 19, 2011
Nov 18, 2011 Mixology and +1200 potions I was wondering if the Mixology effect is applied to pots like Potion of the Tol'vir. If so, how exactly? How much main stat and for how long? (normal is +1200 for 25secs)Batmån3 Nov 18, 2011
Nov 18, 2011 So I had a perfect BG... Well, if you don't count the death from the Engineering rocket belt. Seriously Blizz WTF? A crafted item that can kill you and ruin your perfectly good BG run of 8-0 and turn it into 8-1. It's hard enough surviving 2 warriors and a druid, only to have your escape foiled by a freaking fuel leak on an item that you crafted specifically for the reason of escaping such situations. It's not like engineering provides so much utility. I mean, the primary reason many people roll engineering is for the pvp advantages. Tell me, does enchanting have a failure rate on their crafted items? Do alchemy potions kill you if you drink one during pvp? Fix it. Wretchd30 Nov 18, 2011
Nov 18, 2011 Farming for mats to level professions Something I read a lot is that the time people spend farming for mats could be spent more profitably doing something else to make gold. The gold can then be used to buy mats on the AH. The people who give this advice never mention what one could do though. So I'm interested in hearing what new players can do that is more profitable than farming mats.Snaggledee33 Nov 18, 2011
Nov 18, 2011 Am I undercutting the price of gem? fun story In my realm, the cost of gem(purple and orange) is around 20, so after cut, the price is around 25-45. Today, I find 2 types of gem's price is 85, so I put 45, then the seller of those gem buy all of my gem ;) and I put more...then he whisper me that ”Dude, stop do this, u cant undercut the price. WOW is similar to real life, go study economic......" So I am thinking am i undercut the price of gem? 1 If I put 79 then seller may put 78, thus I cant make money. 2 Do you really think the buyers will buy those gem? The cost is only 20 they can buy the original gem from AH, then find a JCer to cut the tip is only 5 so it only costs them 25. both you and me cant make money. 3 About economic, I am studying about this and I know the equilibrium. When the price hits equilibrium, the buyers are willing to pay and sellers are willing to produce. Right? 4 WOW is just a game, I think about that it's enough for me get from those gem. I feel happy, and I hope the buyers will feel happy too. I know someone will say you are stupid, but if you check number 2 you will know what am I thinking. And remember!! THIS IS JUST A GAME!! (Sorry about my poor English, I am studying about English and Economic )Likecoke49 Nov 18, 2011
Nov 18, 2011 [Engineering 4.3+] Rocket Boot Tinkers 4 All Thanks to advanced in GAI (gnomish / goblin artificial intelligence), any player can now have their boots tinkered by a skilled engineer to provide the additional speed enjoyed by engineers for decades. And thanks to advances in solar core research from Firelands, there is no longer any fuel to explode (well, in theory).Jozie0 Nov 18, 2011
Nov 18, 2011 Want to level engineering, have a question. Is there any specific class that engineering seems to fit with? Seems hunter gets called out a lot when that question is asked. The profession seems fun with all the little vanity items and gadgets it makes. I'd be leveling it on an alt, that's why I asked which class it fits with better.Sogbo6 Nov 18, 2011
Nov 18, 2011 Tailoring Bags Why is it tailors can make extra large bags to hold items from other crafting professions but not tailoring? We have many different types of individual cloth, bolts of cloth, dyes, thread and nets. We have to also gather other materials to use to make tailored items such as feathers, buckles, potions & elixirs, enchanting materials, orbs, leather, gems, pearls, metal bars (such as gold), spider silk, volatile/primal/etc elements. We make specialized items that you have to keep mats for while awaiting cooldowns for up to 7 days at a time. This all takes a ton of bag space but we are limited to just using regular bags and our tailoring mats end up scattered all throughout our bag spaces and banks. There are enchanting bags for enchanters, herb bags for herbalists, engineering bags for engineers, gem bags for jewelcrafters, mining bags for miners, inscription bags for scribes, leather bags for leatheworkers, and even tackle boxes for fishermen! Have you guys never heard of a sewing kit where all your sewing supplies would be kept? Cochese12 Nov 18, 2011
Nov 18, 2011 Enchanting and the D/E button. First off, I want to say that I love how blizzard was trying to make it easier on us enchanters by letting people click "disenchant" as an option as opposed to the olden days where we had to trade it to the enchanters, have them disenchant and then trade it back. It was a nice gesture and I appreciate their effort. However, from what I found because of this, is the increase of enchanting materials that are in the auction house. As a result prices of enchanting materials have dropped and nobody ever buys the enchanting scrolls in the auction house. The way I get my money is by tips. I don't get paid for my services most times but if I'm lucky I get between 10-50g for my service while I mage can get away with selling ports for 30-60g. Anyways, what I'm requesting is that us enchanters can choose to turn on/off the choice for others (who are not enchanters) to "roll" disenchant - that or allow us to charge for them to select disenchant. I as an enchanter cannot roll for a skinned item, I cannot roll for mined goods and etc. I think this would be a fair way for us to start making money again.Chutzpah26 Nov 18, 2011
Nov 18, 2011 Enchanting heirloom weps - tips I got Formula: Enchant Weapon - Agility and Formula: Enchant 2H Weapon - Agility from farming rep with Timbermaw Hold, then I got Formula: Enchant Weapon - Mighty Spirit Formula: Enchant Weapon - Mighty Intellect Formula: Enchant Weapon - Strength from farming rep with Thorium Brotherhood in Searing Gorge. (Just do all the quests, buy out all the Dark Iron Residue on the AH, and turn it in to the guy. It takes about 3 hours if you were able to buy enough residue.) Basically, I utilize multiple toons to make these enchants due to the variety of mats needed. Mining, Alchemy, JC, Tailoring, and of course Enchanting come into play here. For the agility enchants, I farm Essence of Air from the air elementals in the far NW corner of Silithus. While I'm there, I farm Thorium so I can prospect it for Azerothian Diamonds, Arcane Crystals, and other gems, plus use it to make Thorium settings and Arcanite bars. My Alchemist uses the Arcane Crystals and Thorium bars to transmute Arcanite bars. You can probably find Arcane Crystals really cheap on the AH also. My JC then uses Azerothian Diamonds, Arcanite bars, and Thorium settings to make Necklace of the Diamond Tower. (Edit: I thought Emerald Crown of Destruction gave Large Brilliant Shards but I just tried making a bunch and they only gave me Small ones. Have to find a different blue to make with all those other gems you get from prospecting Thorium.) (Edit: I was reminded that Emerald Lion Ring can be made using the Large Emeralds you get from prospecting Thorium and it disenchants into the other mats you need also.) All 5 of these enchants require Large Brilliant Shards, which I get by disenchanting the Necklaces I made. My tailor makes Brightcloth Pants using Bolts of Runecloth and Gold bars. These I disenchant for Illusion Dust and Eternal Essence, which is needed for the spirit/int enchants. (Edit: I was informed that Runecloth Headband is better for this since they don't require Gold bars and drop the same mats.) I think that's everything... These enchants sell for a lot of money on the AH, but the ones from Searing Gorge more than the agility ones though. I have the intellect one priced at 1300-1500 gold on my realm. Good luck with yours!Phedree7 Nov 18, 2011
Nov 18, 2011 Did Anyone Notice the JC Daily Change? Not sure if this is old news. I gave a quick search and didn't see any recent discussions. Did anyone else notice the JC daily, "Nibler! No!" now requires blue zephyrites instead of purple nightstones? I guess they gave us a good use for the blue zephs, eh?Sarvan10 Nov 18, 2011
Nov 18, 2011 How come... An enchanter can have his rings enchanted and use a sroll buff, but I cant use my Alc flask(which is the Alc proffession standard buff) and use one too?Badbeef4 Nov 18, 2011
Nov 18, 2011 Twilight Jasmine They should really fix the spawn rate of twilight jasmine in twilight highlands, it is significantly lower than all the others herbs in all the other zones and should be corrected.Lenordskiner6 Nov 18, 2011
Nov 18, 2011 Epic recipe fee I recently got the recipe for Boots of the Black Flame while doing a FireLands trash run and one of the people in the raid with me wants me to make them for him. Since I have almost always used this profession for my own toons, I have no idea what to charge them. With my blacksmith, I charge 200g per orb. Should I be doing the same per dreamcloth or is there another generally accepted fee established by tailors before me? I have a few days before I can make enough dreamcloth so I'm not in a major hurry here.Icepirate4 Nov 18, 2011
Nov 18, 2011 whadaya all say about... having Book of Glyph Mastery purchasable from the DMF vendor at the new faire?Healabyrr5 Nov 18, 2011
Nov 18, 2011 Glyphs I would like to see the glyphs system expanded into a non-combat tab as well. This new tab would have up to 3 of each glyph type, but would be for racial or professional glyphs. Racial glyphs could take the form of an additional +5 skill level to a racial boost, such as skinning for Worgen. Other racial glyphs might provide a boost to the profession most closely tied to the racial, such as +5 mining for Draenei (racial being JC) Professional glyphs would be things like double speed crafting. I'm sure everyone has gotten tired of waiting 20 seconds per item when leveling up profs. +25% chance to obtain a 'rare' harvest, that being stuff like secondary herbs, hides when skinning, etc. 25% reduction in the quantity of the main mat required to craft an item. Bracers that require 16 pieces of leather for a little wristwrap? Not anymore, now it's only 12. Increase in the quantity of mats obtaining from disenchanting. I'm sure there are many other racial or professional glyphs people could think of.Cerlinar1 Nov 18, 2011
Nov 18, 2011 Tauren and time for slime daily. So it seems tauren can't get under the slime for the time for slime daily. Not a huge deal as we can fish them up also but pretty lame something like this would make it to release.Shambeef7 Nov 18, 2011
Nov 18, 2011 Jewelcrafters... Why can't we get a 'prospect all' button? I'm sure there have been threads on this in the past but I didn't see them nor do I care to search for them.Arnathis20 Nov 18, 2011
Nov 18, 2011 Update the archaeology epics I have spent a ridiculous amount of time digging up stuff. RIDICULOUS. I am a weirdo I like archaeology- you can read a book and do it at the same time. But I have worked hard for my epics and they look to very quickly become outdated. I understand that this is how epics work but while it is still the same expansion I would like for the stats to be updatable or updated automatically. I spent just as much time as fred over there earning his epics in the raid- I just spent my time digging instead of killing bosses and bribing loot masters (:Larina8 Nov 18, 2011
Nov 18, 2011 Tailors have higher chance to loot clothes? Do tailors have higher chance to loot more clothes?Fluenz4 Nov 18, 2011