Professions

Oct 12, 2011 Simple question about the Archaeology Journal This has probably been answered already but here we go. In the journal there are the 9 main branches of archaeology, however there is one that makes little sense to me, it is next to the Vyrkul emblem. So the question is, what is that?Gamayun2 Oct 12, 2011
Oct 12, 2011 Cooking Since the disposal of the ports in Dalaran, trying to get all the cooking recipes and tokens for the achievements have been almost bordering on insanity. The drop rate for the recipes from the Outlands is horrendous. On one of my characters it took almost a year of everyday Shattrath cooking quests to finally get the chocolate cake recipe. Now that the portals are removed from Dalaran, I have to go to three different places the slow way, when not on my mage, to do those to collect the necessary recipes. Why not make them more accessible for the next step up set of cooking quests to make it easier. The way it stands now, I spend almost half my playing time trying to get two recipes from Shattrath when I am almost done with Dalaran cooking dailies for the achievements. When you have done x amount of dailies in Dalaran the ones from Shattrath will be guaranteed at some time to drop via those in Dalaran. Or make one portal from Dalaran to the Outlands.Chella6 Oct 12, 2011
Oct 12, 2011 What is the cheapest profession for me... to level...i hate farming >.> i want to buy it all if i canFlutterguy5 Oct 12, 2011
Oct 12, 2011 About lock boxes Are there any quests these days for lock picking? There used to be two good ones in Lakeshire, but those seem to have disappeared. How does one advance in lock picking?Fineagin25 Oct 12, 2011
Oct 12, 2011 BC mastersmiths gone? I was curious on why they removed the master axesmith, swordsmith, and macesmith from the game completely unless you already own. Since they are BoP their is no to get the other smithing styles. Since you removed it completely from the Game could you at least put them in as patterns for us to buy? Since 4.3 is coming around I'm sure other people would want to use the Weapon models from these smithing styles for transmoging.Tenabrae3 Oct 12, 2011
Oct 12, 2011 Engineering Fail So... I was just wondering why Engineers have to spend all of this time and gold (which doesn't even profit) just to have one of their greatest benefits from it (Nitro boosts) either kill them or blow their !@# up in the air. Maybe it's funny on paper "They rarely explode violently, so don't worry about that." But to be honest, I don't find it fun/funny at all and I would rather that didn't happen. What do you guys think?Inflame3 Oct 12, 2011
Oct 12, 2011 How to spec Goblin engineering I've read through everything i could find online, have visited all of the possible locales numerous times and I'm really stumped how to spec as a Goblin Engineer. I am aware of the "referral" as well from the trainer in UC, however no luck (can't talk to her). If someone can please inform me where the specialization quest chain starts i would be very grateful.. PhorePhoreshadow1 Oct 12, 2011
Oct 12, 2011 Any PvP Blacksmithing items worth crafting? Just starting to gather honor gear for PvP, was wondering if it's worth going to the trouble of crafting any of the BS PvP items out there, or will it be obsolete pretty quick?Aebleskiver3 Oct 12, 2011
Oct 12, 2011 Epic gem cuts Anyone noted on the PTR (if its there) how the new epic gem cuts will be obtained?Masarah4 Oct 12, 2011
Oct 11, 2011 Enchanting mats table Hello, is there a reference table I can look up so that I know what are the enchanting mats when I DE something? For example, if I DE a specific item (weapons) at a specific item level range, I can expect to receive a certain mat types. I read the guide that you get when purchase Cataclysm digital version, it has a table showing the item levels and the resulting item if you DE it but it seems woefully inaccurate. Does anyone know of a more accurate table? Thanks.Cyberelle5 Oct 11, 2011
Oct 11, 2011 Flawless Arcanite Rifle Does anyone have the Engineering Schematic: Flawless Arcanite Rifle. If you do I would like ot buy it.Rhodeÿ2 Oct 11, 2011
Oct 11, 2011 New product - Training manuals With the new xpac we will likely see yet another level of crafting etc etc pushing the skill cap up to 600 for professions. What would be great is if those who do max these professions could create a manual, tome or similar which could be sold on the AH allowing someone to gain say 50 skill points in one go. Obviously the mats requirements for these tomes would need to be high but would be less than doing the skill points the normal way. Ideally there would be different levels of the tomes to get from each 50 point gap made with the relevant materials for each level. Using BS as an example: Tome of BS I - Takes you from 0-50 skill points. Crafted primarily from Copper and Tin Tome of BS II - Takes you from 51-100 skill points. Crafted primarily from Tin and Iron etc etc up to say level 300 at which point the normal process takes effect.Masarah2 Oct 11, 2011
Oct 11, 2011 Special mats for random stat armor I'm really hoping Blizzard changes this for the next Xpac. I understand and appreciate the explanation they gave for why they made random stat armor for certain professions. If you are making armor to power level then it gives a better opportunity to sell the various stat armor versus making 10 identical pieces. That being said, it is extremely frustrating if you want to make your own armor, which just seems so backwards to why I would pick a profession in the first place. Even that being the case, I haven't complained much (except when I need an upgrade for my hunter and I get 6 Intel pieces in a row, or 2 months later when my Elemental Shaman wants an upgrade and I get all Agi armor, but I digress) what has been more frustrating is recently I've been trying to make a pair of shoulder armor which requires 20 Deepsea Scale. I can typically only find the mats every third day and that is only enough to make 1. And naturally, so far every single one has been Agility. I can't even try again because there just aren't enough scales available on the server. TL;DR Don't require low drop rate mats, ie dragon or sea scales for random stat armor. Random stat armor should only require the normal appropriate level leather.Psynister2 Oct 11, 2011
Oct 11, 2011 Archeology Items on the Armory? I see there is an Archeology section under the Profession tab on our Armory account but right now it lists that I have not solved any of the items/projects. Any idea why this is or when it is planned to display the items I have solved?Degenoll0 Oct 11, 2011
Oct 11, 2011 Dear Archaeology; Cram it. Love, Rogrux PS: 5 Feathered Raptor Arms in a row is quite a load of bananas.Rogrux11 Oct 11, 2011
Oct 11, 2011 Fishing spots where is the best spot to fish for Volatile Fire?Dreameater7 Oct 11, 2011
Oct 11, 2011 Looking for Blacksmithing plan I am looking for one of the few blacksmithing plans that I need to have all the alliance plans. The one I am looking for is the Plans: Gauntlets of the Iron Tower I was wanting to know anyone had any advice or good locations to try to farm. I do two or three BC raids a week and just don't see that one drop. I am stuck trying to figure out where to get it from. It is a BOE plan and I check the auction house everytime I log on. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!Skullwrecker6 Oct 11, 2011
Oct 11, 2011 what do i choose? i am wanting to make money, but not sure what profesions i should choose, i have mining and jewlcrafting my jc is pretty much max five points form 525, and it seems jc doesnt give me !@#$ for money, can anyone help me with a good profession line up to use to make some cash.Sicafoose4 Oct 11, 2011
Oct 11, 2011 alchemy question I've been trying to figure this out for a few days and cant find any real answers to this... Does mixology add the extra 80 Intel, strength or whatever stat to your flask? Even though it says 300 does it really add 380 or does +80 Stat only come outside of using flasks? Been thinking about dropping it for inscription... But was wondering about the mixology thing.Tuda2 Oct 11, 2011
Oct 11, 2011 Tailor crafted shoulders Do it blizz... We get like... 4 recipes each patch while i have to look at all the ones that BS and LW get... How about you show us a little loveHealbotone1 Oct 11, 2011
Oct 11, 2011 Alchemy is there really any reason to choose a specialization "potion, elixir,transmute" ? i mean is there a real benefit i have transmute on 1 toon. and truegold has the same chance to proc as it does in any of the specializations. are the quest just a waste of time any more?Icêcôld3 Oct 11, 2011
Oct 11, 2011 Cooking Dailes Greetings All! I am at a point in my cooking skill, where I need to complete the dailies to level up to the highest cooking level. Problem, I can't find the Cooking Daily's. Where are they located? I was pointed to I believe Robbie Flay but he doesn’t have any quest to offer. Any help would be appreciated. .Bluesmokey2 Oct 11, 2011
Oct 11, 2011 Decent guide to fishing? So as it appears, I've gotten my fishing skill up quite a bit. However, was curious if any of you have a good guide to follow? Like what fish is good to skill up on and which are good to catch for profit, etc. I have yet to stumble across a good guide. I'll be honest, not sure how many fish are in game. So looking for some help :DNakiaraven2 Oct 11, 2011
Oct 11, 2011 Are the FL patterns removed from game? Someone mentioned this recently and I wasn't able to get any sort of confirmation about it, but I haven't seen more than like a single BS pattern on the AH (or in the raid that I clear each week) which makes me really wonder. Are these patterns just extremely low drop rate now or are they disabled from dropping? I'm really disappointed if they're just made this difficult to obtain, as their initial drop rate was so ridiculously misleading; I figured I'd wait 'til the prices dropped, but now nothing is ever available.Frostmouron8 Oct 11, 2011
Oct 11, 2011 Tailoring embersilk cloth requirments I have an alt who have this profession, and looking it up I find that it takes... This is a estimate so the numbers are not precise. 260 linen cloth 135 wool cloth 760 silk cloth 785 runecloth 725 netherweave cloth When you hit northrend you need 1400 frostweave cloth, or 280 bolts. When you hit cataclysm you need 1825 embersilk cloth, or 365 bolts to finally hit 525. At least when you hit northred you can train a spell called "Northern Cloth Scavenging" which helps makes up for the large cloth requirement. But we don't get anything for cataclysm? I might just try the "Potion of Treasure Finding" as I am a alchemist to see if I can get extra cloth. Urbersproak4 Oct 11, 2011
Oct 11, 2011 Arch ~ The Hunt is On! Hello, this is yet another thread about trying to (dare i say) "fix" archaeology. Personally, i've been trying to get the doll since the release of this profession. I have 161 solves for night elf alone, and it doesnt seem like ill get the doll any time soon. The general problem with this profession is the lack of measurable progress. People grind for hours and then give up because theyve gotten no where. What needs to be done is add a little something to help people find these specific epics without completely destroying the founding idea of archaeology, which is an RNG based system of crafting items. The idea is pretty simple. When a player reaches the appropriate level arch to craft the epic they want (for me the doll), they can go to the trainer and bribe (pay) a fee and the trainer will tell you about this new mysterious / powerful artifact, and after paying the fee, The Hunt is On! The Hunt is On! is a buff (perhaps it appears in the spellbook under archaeology like master of anatomy does for skinning) and this buff will assist you in hunting for this artifact. 1) This buff increases the amount of fragments gathered only in that specific artifacts Race. Perhaps double the amount of fragments gathered. As a side note, the rate at which this race's digsites appear compared to the others will not change. The only thing that changes is the number of fragments increases. 2) When The Hunt is On! The grays (from the specific race you are hunting the rare from) will crumble upon solving them. Perhaps your combat log states "This is not what im searching for...". This will keep players from grinding grays for gold at an increased rate (although i dont know why anyone would do that), however its a neccessary trade off. This way, the profession itself is still based in random generation of artifacts you solve for, except you can sacrifice the ability to make gold temporarily to help solve for a specific artifact. This idea is probably far from perfect, but i think its a pretty decent start. Post your criticisms / thoughts to improve this idea.Uknowmyglow2 Oct 11, 2011
Oct 11, 2011 Give us Blacksmith Specializations back!!! So, I wasted my time lvling Blacksmith until skill 385 only to discover that blizzard removed the specializations for BS in cataclysm... I mean, alchemy still have their specialization (full of transmuters around making money with Living Elements...), Engeneering still have Gnomish/Goblin specializations... But we dont have it anymore? Can someone tell me how this is fair? =/ I would love to craft an Lionheart Executioner to transmogrification =) Dunno if blizzard will actually see a post here but... Thank youZrbnck1 Oct 11, 2011
Oct 11, 2011 525 Arch and still loving it. I need more! I don't care if you add in more greys but i've grown to love this profession. Just the idea of finding all this lore and stories left and right. I love it i love it. It would be like having a wiki in the game were i can do reserach and find things. I like the idea that arch can be used in the cache of madness in ZG. I'd love for some awesome instances to have more of this but you don't require 525 arch because then it would force a grind. Maybe you get a tool thats BoA and it allows you to do arch stuff in a dungeon without the need for the grind. I dunno but i love Archaeology! <3Prasios1 Oct 11, 2011
Oct 11, 2011 Inscription in 4.3 Is it being fixed? That is, will the books of glyph mastery be replaced with some more reasonable way to get the glyphs that are in the books?Stellan2 Oct 11, 2011
Oct 11, 2011 Blacksmith Crafted Items Removed Is it possible for the old blacksmithing recipes tied to the old specializations be attainable again? For example, the Dragonmaw / Dragonstrike recipe from master hammersmith specialization since that is no longer attainable. Given how cool it looks, it would be awesome if it were craft it again to make again.Zheta7 Oct 11, 2011
Oct 10, 2011 Eng/tailoring anything in 4.3 yet for these? I been thinking of going enchant/JC and drop eng and tailoring.Awinkie2 Oct 10, 2011
Oct 10, 2011 Unlearning a profession, can I get it back... ..later?Norieo3 Oct 10, 2011
Oct 10, 2011 Need help. Ok i just recently came back to WoW and i have a 85 rogue and 85 pally i havent lvld prof yet to busy levling but not im done leveling and i want some prof i need money i only have like 15k atm but i cant choose which would prob be the best my friend told me BS/Minning/Alch/JC is the way to go but i wanna hear what other people think i should get because i wanna start raiding and i need cash for repairs and gems and enchants and stuff.Nadenn5 Oct 10, 2011
Oct 10, 2011 Fix the Jc's! very iratating that we didnt recieve our crafted trinkets in last patch. Jc's are always behind in crafted lvl's. All professions can craft 378 gear and Jc's is still crafting 346, any one else think this is fair? I saw a crafted trinket on a alch...! Why would you they take are crafted trinkets and give them to the achl..? Makes no since. Hope to see a change in this in next patch.Briex5 Oct 10, 2011
Oct 10, 2011 Stormherald still craftable? Question in the title, Wondering if i can still get this.Ricex8 Oct 10, 2011
Oct 10, 2011 What to do with all the Hypnotic Dust? I am a JC/Enchanter so I find myself with a lot of dust I'm not using, I have like a hundred stacks but nothing to do with it, I tried making the bags they sell but can't get the cloth in fast enough to move the dust, I can barely move a stack on dust every 48 hours and it's starting to just pile up any suggestions?Zetrov16 Oct 10, 2011
Oct 10, 2011 How to fix Archaeology edit: I posted this in the professions forum, but it gets very little views, so I reposted it here. As many people know, Archaeology is seen as one of the most frustrating and annoying professions. There have been many, many posts talking about how it's the worst thing to be put in game in a very long time. Now I’ve grinded to 525 Archaeology, I’m 7 artifacts away from [Diggerest], and 6 rares away from the Professor title. I’ve compiled a list of what I think is wrong with Archaeology, and my suggestions on how to fix it. It’s a long read, but I think my ideas would make this profession a LOT better. 1- More digsites. It’s not fun travelling halfway across the continent to get to an arch zone, only to have another appear on the other half as soon as you’re done. The amount of digsites in Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms would be increased. 2- Spawn rates of rarer races increased, specifically Tol’vir and Nerubian. Tol'vir archaeology has 7 rares, the most in the game behind Night Elves, but dig sites rarely spawn, and almost always there are never more than one up at once. Nerubian sites are more common, but Vrykul sites have a much greater chance to appear, and there are often several more at a time than Nerubian ones. 3- More rares and uncommons. Orc, Nerubian, Vrykul, and Draenei all have 2 rares or less, and there are more that only have 3. Increase the total amount of artifacts in the game. Troll and Night Elf would have 35 total uncommon artifacts, Dwarf and Fossil would have 25, Draenei and Orc would have 20, Vrykul, Nerubian and Tol’Vir would have 15. All races should have a minimum of 4-5 rares, to give players something to keep grinding for. 4- Decrease cooldowns on rare vanity items. The Last Relic of Argus is really fun to use, but the 12 hour cooldown is absolutely ridiculous. Other items, such as Bones of Transformation, are fun to use, have relatively short cooldowns, but absurdly short duration times. The fact that the effect breaks if you enter combat is dumb too. Reduce the cooldowns so that we can enjoy the items more. 5- Increase the vendor cash from all uncommon artifacts. It can take a while to fly from digsite to digsite, getting pieces for an artifact. Then, when we complete it, we can sell it, for 5 measly gold. I know it used to be worse, but the sell price on arch items needs to be spiked again. In the time that you spend flying, surveying, and putting together the artifact, you could easily earn 10x more than what the artifact is worth. 6- More non-rare vanity items. Make a scepter? You should be able to wield it. A helm? Same. If we recreate equipment, we should be able to use it. RPers would love if you were able to wield a scepter of a powerful ancient mage, and it would be just fun to use. 7- Add more Arch rares that have the current ilvl of raids. Right now, there is almost no reason to work for the 359 epic Arch rares, because they will be replaced very quickly by Firelands gear. Make new editions of the lvl 85 epics, and add a version that people who already have the epic can upgrade it. For instance, those who already have Zin'rokh, Destroyer of Worlds will get an artifact to upgrade it, and it will cost 25% less pieces.Byniri5 Oct 10, 2011
Oct 10, 2011 How do I make gold.........? I have two crappy professions, but will be leveling another soon. My issue is, everyone says, "play the AH" which I have, but it's not very good. On my server prices change literally every 30 minutes or so, so you're instantly undercut. With the chaos orb changes, the prices on most crafted gear for my tailoring are going to drop once the patch hits... With the new epic gems dropping in raids (I believe) that makes JCing kind of useless besides small tips on cuts which isn't very reliable. I'm pretty much asking what professions I should level for the upcoming patch, and also how to make a good amount of gold. I am doing good now, but will be gone soon to a GDKP. There are dudes on my server that have MULTIPLE gold capped toons, and can buy anything they want. I want to be that guy, and 80% of them BARELY play... I am on all the time just sitting in Orgrimmar. I watched some of the "Tarou Guides" but they're outdated now, and still don't work very well for my server. I play on Illidan which is super over populated, great for raiding/RBG's, but making gold is soooo hard. I really am looking for some legit advice, don't flame me... I've never been good with gold, one a few contests in trade and had some nice buddies recently, but I want to substain myself and be able to buy my enchants and some cool mounts/gear etc etc. Thanks a lot in advance! ps: I do dailies every day, but thats maybe 500g max, and my boot enchant right now on the AH is 600g+ and my weapon enchant is 1600g+ so it's not enough really.Ebolaz26 Oct 10, 2011
Oct 10, 2011 Suggestion for Fishing I don't see a forum for suggestions so I hope this will be a good place. Since the point of playing the game is to be able to play, I was thinking I spend a lot of time fishing for mats for feasts for my raids and runs. That really doesn't amount to quality play time and is very monotinous (sp). My suggestion is perhaps Tailoring could craft a Fishing Net and the fishing skill level required to use it would be max level. It could be a single use item so there wouldn't be any overfishing and major market dropping. It sure would be a lot better than getting 1 fish per cast, long wait, maybe like 5 to 10 fish mix per netting. Just a thought.Maistresse6 Oct 10, 2011
Oct 10, 2011 Innkeeper's daughter? exactly identical function as my hearthstone, shares a cooldown with it, same location...why did i decide to do archeology again? Dear blizzard; please make archeology fun or rewarding or both. Is this really considered a reward?Turdcarnival11 Oct 10, 2011
Oct 10, 2011 Tinkers - Soulbound Assuming Tinkers learned by one engineer cannot be attached to another engineers equipment...but I cannot find anything online that states that explicitly. True or false. Thanks! PPhoenixrisen1 Oct 10, 2011
Oct 10, 2011 Selling Pattern: Belt of the Archmage See title. If interested, drop me a line. Pattern: Belt of the ArchmageBuckybadger5 Oct 10, 2011
Oct 10, 2011 Game creation: idea Didnt know precisely to put this but my idea for wow is: like you did for enchants, why not make it possible to put single use portals on vellums for players to use?Plznomore4 Oct 10, 2011
Oct 10, 2011 volatile water farming As a transmute master, I need to come up with 10 volatile waters needed to for my truegold transmute before the timer resets every night. On days I do not do truegold transmutes I'm usually transmuting volatile life > volatile airs. I also have an alt with a mining profession with 310% flight speed. What is a faster way to farm those volatile waters? One option is killing the elementals in the delta region of twilight highlands in hope it will drop 1-2 volatile water as loot. Option two is mining elementium veins in Uldum in hopes I can loot enough volatile waters. However I am on a Full population server and during peak hours mining can be a pain. I do mine for all my pyrite ore as well, but coming up with 6 ore is easy.Urbersproak9 Oct 10, 2011
Oct 10, 2011 What to stock pile for 4.3? So i have eng. and minning maxed out. Was wondering what items to stock up on for 4.3. Slyice6 Oct 10, 2011
Oct 10, 2011 Pyrite Ore In 4.3, there is a great possibility that prospect pyrite ore will not yield epic gems if prospected. But why is pyrite ore at least 150g a stack on my server? If alchemists and raiders will have a chance at obtaining epic gems, why is pyrite ore so expensive? The prices should go down since the main ways to make gold from it is selling uncut and cut red gems, pyrite bars, and true gold.Raivalentine1 Oct 10, 2011
Oct 10, 2011 Making 4.3 recipes BoP hurts 10m raids If the 4.3 professions recipes come from raids, it would be very helpful if they weren't BoP. I know we're at the PTR phase, so the info we have might change, but I'm writing to suggest that the raid recipe sources not be BoP. We already have configuration difficulties for 10m raids trying to get the buff distribution and melee/ranged DPS balance right. Please don't make us also have to figure out if we have a JC, a transmute alchemist, etc., in the group so that if a BoP recipe drops it isn't wasted. Many smaller guilds also generally have established the person who does transmutes, the person who does JCing, the person who does leatherworking, etc., and if the recipes stay BoP you'll push someone into a new role and make the old person (if they aren't a raider) unable to access the raid patterns. Again, I know we're in PTR stage and this might change, or even be inaccurate based on recent changes. Just a suggestion - keep transmute patterns, JC patterns, enchanting patterns, and tailoring/blacksmithing/leatherworking patterns BoE if they're going to drop from raids.Nyxino2 Oct 10, 2011
Oct 10, 2011 Alternating Fishing Tourneys? Hi, I was wondering if it would be possible to have the fishing tourneys alternate days. I know there was a bit of an issue when they moved kaluak from Wednesday to Saturdays. so rather than try to bring that back, i'd like to suggest that maybe the days alternate between eachother for those of us who can't play on a particular day. i fall under the category of people that can never ever ever play on Saturday. my idea is like so... Every other week, (or every other month), the STV and Kaluak fishing tourneys would switch and for that week/month, kaluak is now on sundays, and STV is now on saturdays. so lets assume it's every other month. so maybe on June, everything is like it always has been (stv-sun, kaluak-sat). but on July, you'd have Kaluak-sun, and stv-sat. and then in august, it would reverse again returning to normal. I think people might appreciate that. (especially me). i'm grateful blizz added a new tourney for the sake of the achievement and letting people earn the achieve who were unable to fish on sunday. but since the rewards a little diff, (boa ring anyone? :p) now i find myself unable to fish on saturdays and unable to get those specific rewards. :( so... idk if anyone else likes this idea. i'd like to hear em. :p tyvm for your time.Rupheon16 Oct 10, 2011
Oct 10, 2011 Dreamcloth? I hope somebody reads this... Ok so leveled my tailoring to 525 recently I have noticed that i am lacking some patterns ok no problem, I was just wondering where i would go to learn them or if they are dropped by NPC's out there somewhere particularly I am interested in obtaining dreamcloth patterns where can i go to find those?Edwallas2 Oct 10, 2011
Oct 10, 2011 chaos orbs ok... so i can understand to some extent why chaos orbs weren't allowed to be boe with 4.2, which a gm wrongfully told me it would, but why not allow them to be boa? i have orbs on characters that i have no need for them(and i keep winning them on) but the alts that i do need them for, i'm all out and i never win them. at least allow me to be able to use orbs i have on alts instead of running dungeons all the way through to lose the roll. just a suggestion.Rippa12 Oct 10, 2011