Professions

Aug 20, 2011 [Tailoring] Embersilk and Fireweave Set Bonus It seems that when I do the math, equipping both of the Embersilk and Fireweave 2-piece sets (such as, Embersilk Robe and Boots with Fireweave Pants and Cape) doesn't give respective +400 Resilience Bonuses; they seem to "share" the +400 Resilience bonus, instead. Is it just me, and my math is off?Rm5 Aug 20, 2011
Aug 20, 2011 Please remove the BOP on orbs or cloth I've been in cata since day one; I have plenty of dreamcloth, orbs, but no patterns. None have dropped, none on the AH. This gating of tailoring at least is just not fun. It is hard enough to get the embers (I have 1/4) but why should being able to craft stuff be such a pain? I understand the idea is to make them worth more for making money, but really, the time it takes to collect orbs/burn cds for dreamcloth/get patterns/get embers makes it next to impossible to earn. Can you please drop the BOP on orbs? Then at least the cloth will be CD bound, that will make things go slower, but at least I can pass orbs to my guild crafter instead of running guild heroic and boring heroic to get orbs.Vamptessa2 Aug 20, 2011
Aug 20, 2011 Engineering So, im a level 62 warrior <- battle-net doesn't show but im at 300 engineering level and frankly i don't see it that useful does it get better or should i just drop it and get blacksmithing while i still haven't wasted too much money on it thank you.Auntfló2 Aug 20, 2011
Aug 20, 2011 Gnomish Gravity Well Gnomish Gravity Well It says it requires Gnomish Engineering, but I'm a Gnomish Engineer and I'm not able to use it (according to what I've heard from others, no one else can use it either). That being said, what do you think it does? Its mystery taunts me.Bainbridge6 Aug 20, 2011
Aug 20, 2011 mining boss in stonecore Whats the deal? the worm boss in stonecore....I went to mine it and said I cannot. I am maxed out at 525 level but you have to be 525 and have racial bonuses to mine him? oh come that is lameHulia3 Aug 20, 2011
Aug 20, 2011 Can you get back arch items? Topic If you vendor or drop some of the arch items filling up your bags, are you able to get them back somehow?Izaac2 Aug 20, 2011
Aug 20, 2011 Jc addon? Is there a Jc addon that makes it easy to prospect ore?Rupe4 Aug 20, 2011
Aug 20, 2011 How about some new shirts Blizzard, since you seem to be focusing on appearance how about some new shirts. I was just looking at things I could make with my excess cloth and was reminded that there are still no shirts that use Runecloth or Netherweave (or Embersilk). Maybe make some striped shirts or something crazy like polka dots. Anything so we can try an make some gold off them.Corbert0 Aug 20, 2011
Aug 20, 2011 [Suggestion] Elixir Cauldrons for Heroics Making this an alchemy only drop might be too powerful, so it would probably be the new Drums of Forgotten Kings, but made by alchemists. Essentially, it would be a cauldron to drop in heroics for generous people, since you can't trade elixirs cross-realm in a PUG. For mats, I was thinking one of each battle elixir along with an armor elixir and between 1-4 resistance elixirs. The cauldron would have 10 charges, with each charge providing the battle elixir for your highest stat and either the armor elixir (tank) or resistance elixir. With 10 charges, everyone will be able to take a second elixir for a wipe or death. EDIT: Also, does anyone know if cauldrons proc as flasks? I assumed they fell under other.Jozie4 Aug 20, 2011
Aug 20, 2011 Skinning and.... Mining/Herbalism I am thinking of making a new toon and giving it 2 gathering professions. One will definitely be skinning, as I have no skinners. Should I do herbalism or mining as the second? From what I've seen from past experiences (few miners and herbalists), herbs seem to be more densely populated, whereas nodes seem to sell for more - such like gathering a stack of Peacebloom can take me 5 minutes, but a stack of Copper Ore might take me 15, but I can sell the ore for 1g, and the herb sells for 50s. Plus there's also nodes containing stones that hardly sell and take up bag space, where herbalism will only contain the plant. But nodes can contain gems too. My toon will probably be a hunter too - since I enjoyed leveling this one (despite the issues with them), and they can track beasts ;) It won't be a worgen though so the skinning bonus won't matter. And it will mostly just be a farm toon, not an end-game player.Parisoftroy4 Aug 20, 2011
Aug 20, 2011 Help me pick 2 new main professions I am currently not very happy with the state of engineering as a player (I've had this profession on my toon since the beginning). More specifically I am not happy with the tinkers bugging out in Random BGs or World PvP, parachutes not being useful in RBGs or arena, and the interaction of glove enchant with the on use 2min CD burst PvP trinket. I am pretty sad to be losing worm hole, and jeeves but those 2 perks are no where near enough to keep me with engineering. With that being said, I am having trouble finding 2 new professions that gives good benefits (+80 agility ect), and also makes some decent coin. I have been thinking about Herb/Alch as a combo (lifeblood haste + PvP trinket and rapid fire), and +80 from the flask. Also have strongly considered Enchanting and JC. I'd be willing to farm up all the mats since outside of structured PvP I am not doing much at this time on my main toon (hunter). I do also look forward to applying to a raiding guild, do people have issues with lifeblood as a primary profession for raiding? What combo works for you guys? Any input would be appreciated. -MezMezasu1 Aug 20, 2011
Aug 20, 2011 Alchemy + JC Whats so good about this combo? Should i ditch mining for alchemy? Should i just get a alt to level alchemy on or would it defeat the purpose of having both on same toon? Thanks.Jòe6 Aug 20, 2011
Aug 20, 2011 Scientist profession and toy maker this is more of a suggestion thread. i was looking for the suggestion forums but i guess they removed them. scientist profession would be about being able to collect animal parts from beasts etc, then use those parts to put creatures together, these creatures could be sold to hunters in a cage. hunters could release these new created beasts and train them, once trained they will be bound to them. u could have many possible animal combinations, some animal parts would have a rare drop percentage and some others would be easier to acquire. also this could bring fort the creation of some more player created mounts. just a small sample of what it could become. more things could be added to be created. non combat pets. etc the toy maker profession would let u go around chopping and collecting wood from many different spawning trees all throughout the world. this wood could be made into fun ingame toys, im thinking like those toys that come in the world of warcraft card game. im thinking, swing sets, wooden swords, slides, high toy makers could make a raiders train mount. maybe 5person mount or something fun. u could add more stuff as u see fit. non combat pets. etcXerxezs0 Aug 20, 2011
Aug 19, 2011 When can I make a better Alchemist Stone? Will there eventually be a way to "enhance" your Alch stone, or will Alchemists get a better craftable ever? I'd sure like to keep my stone equipped...Dwargdwarf3 Aug 19, 2011
Aug 19, 2011 Profession Swapping I think there should be a way to switch professions from one Character to another, for maybe like the cost of 3000g or like Real life money, considering this would probably be more beneficial to have proper professions for your classes. Please take this into consideration :)Ripterz1 Aug 19, 2011
Aug 19, 2011 question wtf ive been trying to get tyrandes favorite doll for 8 days now should i keep trying to get it or give up?Pallyhealz2 Aug 19, 2011
Aug 19, 2011 Engineering Blizzard is a joke when it comes to this profession. The most USELESS PROFESSION EVER! In terms of PvP we cant use ANYTHING! Gloves, nope, boots nope, anything NOPE! Every other profession is allowed some form of "buff" being from enchants, better gems, item enhancement. Even gathering professions, Haste+a heal, stamana, crit. Engineering cant make gold in comparison to any other profession and it cant keep up with any other profession. The only argument you can make is the helm we can make. Oh you mean that thing that gets replaced within your first night of raiding? Engineering needs an overhaul almost. The gun we make now can only sell for what 5k tops! The mats a lone are 4k. Open your eyes please and see there is a profession that is completely useless.Draxtar3 Aug 19, 2011
Aug 19, 2011 Highland Guppy spawn increase? Any plans to increase the spawn rate of the fish pools of Highland Guppy, or increase locations where these fish spawn? Its getting tiring to have multiple people fish out of the same pool that I am currently fishing. As more Guilds learn the Seafood feast, it just seems poor planing to not increase the spawn rate overtime, or to have had more areas to increase the number of pools.Needhealin8 Aug 19, 2011
Aug 19, 2011 Vanilla Blacksmithing items come patch 4.3 Hey everyone. Curious if anyone thinks these might once again become a flavor item for people once you can change the skins of your gear and weapons and once again find a market. I'd love to try and craft and sell another Sulfuron Hammer just to see if it'll sell (mostly sad since you can't change things into legendary items even if you have them I believe) or just run around rocking Dark Iron Destroyer's or Nightfall since I love those items from some of the vanilla toys cluttering up my inventory and was curious if other people might wanna toss em on too.Trallas2 Aug 19, 2011
Aug 19, 2011 Runic tatoo artist let me start of by saying that the runic tattoo artist are similar to the skills a deathknight gets for making his weapon. you would start of this profession very much like an enchanter. But instead of enchanting items you would be enchanting yourself with runic powers. of course this profession would have to be given to a much higher level character maybe around the same level as the deathknight get's there runic ability's. Please feel free to comment. as I haven't fully gotten the development down just yetMalzairyous3 Aug 19, 2011
Aug 19, 2011 Changing profession for raid benefits Hey guys, right now I'm mining/BS which isn't really cutting it when I tank, and shortly I'll be moving over to DPS, in which case the +stam won't be doing anything for me. How far would I have to level, say, enchanting or JC for the level 85 ring enchants or cata-level JC gems, respectively? Which would be cheaper? What about inscription? I can look up the level on WoWhead but mostly I'm wondering about the cost of levelling them up to get there.Ii5 Aug 19, 2011
Aug 19, 2011 JCs - having second thoughts on pyrite? With the info we have now with 4.3 and how it will be the deathwing patch, is anyone else worrying about hoarding JC tokens / pyrite ore? I know that I, like many others, have been doing this for some time. If deathwing really is coming up, it is reasonable to believe that there won't be any bigger raid content patch afterwards until the next expansion. As a result, this kind of makes me feel as if they might not release epic gems etc. I think for now I am going to slow down hoarding stuff, but what is everyone's thoughts on the matter? edit - guess i might as well address one issue and that is that even if there are no new epic gems, the ore is STILL prospectable and people will still need blue gems. However, with the amount of hoarding that is going on (at least on my server), i think there would be a heck of a lot of excess supply driving prices down. I don't think it would be possible to recoup the 200g (may be cheaper, not sure just what I usually see) / ore stacks directly from prospecting and shuffling.Gardiff14 Aug 19, 2011
Aug 19, 2011 Gambling Addiction Some background: My main is a Death Knight with maxed Alch (been leveling Alch on this char so I can have two) My DK has Transmute Specialization, and I normally do Living Elements in Uldum. I however sometimes see someone looking for a Truegold CD, and I respond, doing my transmute, hoping that my transmute mastery with proc. It never has. How can I break myself of this habit? I lose a good 200g whenever I do Truegold instead of Living Elements.Yiraa8 Aug 19, 2011
Aug 19, 2011 Profession Disparities The only primary professions I haven't leveled to 500 or higher (Eng is the only one not maxed that I have) are tailoring, Leatherworking, and skinning. I'm in the process of leveling a second alchemist. My problem is the differences in leveling the professions. Alchemy (the first time around), JC, Inscription, and Enchanting were all easy and inexpensive. Then I leveled Blacksmithing, and it cost me many times over what I paid to level the other professions. Finally now I'm in the process of leveling tailoring, and the mat costs are obscene. Having to use more than two stacks of frostweave for 1 skill point is ridiculous. I could understand those amounts back in Wrath when that was needed to get to 450 not 525 and frostweave was plentiful, but now what is on the AH is overpriced and I still have cata to go for my tailoring. Please Blizz, look into this, because in comparison Alchemy was super easy to level.Yiraa6 Aug 19, 2011
Aug 19, 2011 Fishing leveling question I am leveling fishing, with a 260 skill level right now. I am leveling while fishing in Tol Barad, so I can sell them, or donate to my guild to craft food. I need to catch about 8 fishes (or poor itens) to level up 1 point of the fishing skill. The question: If I go to my fish level area, I will level faster, or the map level does not have any influence on fish leveling? Or does'nt matter where I fish, I will always need to catch 8 fishes for each level?Bigorna6 Aug 19, 2011
Aug 19, 2011 Dirge's: To sell or to learn So I have only recently taken up bothering to learn cooking/fishing/arch, but I have Dirge's from an old toon completing the questline. I am sure that I have thrown away a few of the recipes that I have gotten from quests, and because of that, I am not sure that I will be able to get them all. I will grab all of the recipes if at all possible, but I don't want to learn Dirge's if not. Am I screwed? Should I bother to learn it/go for the achieve? If not, what is Dirge's possibly worth? I have never seen it on the AH or in trade, so I really have nothing to compare to.Goosfrabba4 Aug 19, 2011
Aug 19, 2011 No Enhance friendly BS weapons Theres no Agility Axe for enhance shamans that BS can make, why no love :(Fawlkes1 Aug 19, 2011
Aug 19, 2011 Mining with no ores So while mining in outlands Ive come across to the conclusion they need to fix the lootings while mining. Past 20 veins that I came across I have netted 17 skill ups, 12 motes, and 0 ores...thats right ZERO. They need to change it to where when you mine you take all the loot off that vein so the next person who comes across it comes up empty handed. This is my 3rd character who has mining and every one of them I have came across at some point lvling their profession empty veins with just pebble in them. Either make it when you only take the ore the vein despawns or have it loot all items no matter whatOgrunk5 Aug 19, 2011
Aug 19, 2011 Superior Gems ? Any other JC not getting Superior gems from Cata ore ? I broke over 40 and not a one .Cellardora5 Aug 19, 2011
Aug 19, 2011 Mining and 4.2 is it just bad luck on my part is has rich elementium and pyrite disappeared from the highlands? farmed 5 stacks of elementium not a single pyrite to be found or rich ele node in the bunch... went over the patch notes and saw nothing regarding it sooo...Dydet11 Aug 19, 2011
Aug 19, 2011 Drop engineering for herbalism? Hi all, I just renewed my sub after being away from the game for several years. On this character I have mining and 246 goblin engineering, and I'm wondering, should I drop engineering for herbalism or possibly skinning to help out with getting gold on my way to the level cap? From what I remember, engineering was pretty neat and occasionally helped give me an edge in combat, but, ultimately it kind of felt like an expensive novelty for wealthy level capped characters to play around. Any advice would be appreciated.Hasdrubal3 Aug 19, 2011
Aug 19, 2011 Which Profession next? So I have JC max on this guy, Xmute alch on my mage, and enchanting at about 400 (takes soo much to level up..) on my warrior. So my question to you guys is which profession do you think I should pick up next? Since all the crafting have the same bonus, which do you think would make the most money? Also, which is easy and hard to make money in? (Because some you can make a ton of profit if you work really hard, and others you can make meh for comparitvely little effort. I was thinking inscription (heard it makes a lot), LW, or BS...or just keep gathering maybe. Comparing these with experiences would be great, and any info too, thanks in advanceBearzerker2 Aug 19, 2011
Aug 19, 2011 I guess no Archaeology love in 4.3 then... or will there be any? I hope so...Perle15 Aug 19, 2011
Aug 19, 2011 Enchanting question: I'm not trying to be a troll, but been playing since vanilla. Haven't had no issue until I thought about this. Why is it everytime a enchanter enters a dungeon and a green drops, blue drops or a boss drop, why does everyone have a right to roll for Disenchant?? Why are enchanters being forced to provide their service to other people in party to roll for disenchant? Everytime I run a dungeon on my main or on a alt, I see others mining, herbing, skinning, why can't we roll or have a option to get that item too? I believe enchanting, blizz needs to fix in dungeons / raids. Or have a option for every profession in game to have other people to roll or have a chance to get that item. I know most people that I run with on LFG or in guild, when they roll on disenchant, about 90% of them put it on AH for gold making. It doesn't make sense, unlike myself, I still haven't maxed out my enchanting. IMO, this needs to be fixed or looked into!! Rèmorsè5 Aug 19, 2011
Aug 19, 2011 Archeology Epic BoA's Hello. Since the Epic BoA items are no longer some of the best items in game, and are soon to be invalidated with the upcoming tiers, are there any plans on increasing the chance to obtain these items? I know after 400 troll solves on my warrior I'd love to see that sword eventually, despite the fact that it's not as good as my current weapon.Brraaiinnzz2 Aug 19, 2011
Aug 19, 2011 Why dont gems stack when crafted? Anyone know why when you cut gems they don't automatically stack and you need to manually stack them to free up bag space? It is only a minor annoyance but I wonder why they just don't stack as you create them.Feronn3 Aug 19, 2011
Aug 18, 2011 arch guide + podcast coming soon http://wowdigsite.com/2011/08/coming-soon-complete-guide-to-archaeology/Morpsen1 Aug 18, 2011
Aug 18, 2011 Engineers. Read! Since you all know.Engineering is not worth getting. After spending about 5k gold and days on leveling engineering for my Druid. I thought about it and it is not worth getting. So what i came up with was some new Cool Useful Stuff. -Updated Jeeves: Drops a personal Machine for a skilled engineer(525) that grants access to a Repair Bot,Auction House,Bank,Guild Bank. Last 15 Minutes. Repair Bot:If a person uses your bot to repair their gear you the owner of the Jeeves will gain the amount of gold paid by the user(Who repaired). This will make Engineers Gold & It will stop people from qq'ing about Eng. Where are you going to use it? -Use jeeves when your in a heroic/raid/WpVp -Return the personal Eng buffs to our Helmet & Boots. So we can use 3 tinkers instead of 2. New:Tinker Blastime: Blast the user backwards(Couple Feet)(Like an anti rocket boot). This can help from getting out of combat,Running away from a horde, or even an npc that is about to kill you. Reason: They made rocketboots non usable in WorldPvP. Like in Wintergrasp & Tol Barad. Help me out and post your ideas here.Raìchu20 Aug 18, 2011
Aug 18, 2011 I now have 100 unused JC tokens. There is no way in heck Bliz is going to let us walk to the vendor on the day they release the epic cuts and let us load up all of them right at the beginning. How do you expect they'll deal with our learning the epic cuts? A new tier of token for continuing with the dailies? I really hope they're not going to be world drops like the 3 meta cuts were. Anyone care to speculate?Titvs22 Aug 18, 2011
Aug 18, 2011 [Suggestion] Warbot War Fuel: Alchemy And You I know it's a somewhat old thing, but a guildy and I were talking about this the other day and I thought it was worth a visit, or most likely revisit cause I'm sure I'm not the first to think this. For those who don't know, quite a while back there was a Mountain Dew promotion that rewarded players (current and all future toons) with the Warbot Ignition Key. Durring the promotion you could get Red War Fuel and Blue War Fuel once a day to use on your Warbot to make it fight with other Warbots that have a different color. There is a problem though, once the promotion ended the fuel became unobtainable. I have a small supply left on one of my toons, but that leaves all the rest of my toons out of luck. This comes to the suggestion part of my post. I think it would make perfect sense to make the fuel available once again, and I have a couple ideas on ways this could be done. One way is it could be something for fun thrown in that could be available to low lvl alchemists, maybe something that would always be grey even at lvl 1. This way no matter what if you wanted some fuel you could get it. Another idea could be to make the fuel available from the different toy merchants. It could be on some sort of flag, if a character knows the Warbot spell then the fuel becomes available. In short, I'd love to have some way to continue to enjoy what makes this pet unique. Donhorn6 Aug 18, 2011
Aug 18, 2011 BC Weaponsmith Weapons They took the ability to craft these out of the game ? :( I've had the stupid Chest banked for so long never thinking in my wildest dreams I'd ever have a reason to go back and change my specialization :( When did they make this change btw? I missed the memo lolJohnjohnson1 Aug 18, 2011
Aug 18, 2011 Farming BC Leathers So after doing some bank clearing yesterday, I was surprised at how quickly my Knothide leather sold ... and at 150g a stack. So I'm thinking if I want to make some good coin as a skin/LW at my level to pay for glyphs and other things I need, I should take some time to go to outlands to skin. I was looking for suggestions on good places to skin. I was thinking of those ravagers in hellfire, since there's a lot in a small area and I can aoe them... but I could also go to SMV and have a shot at some cobra scales. Any places in outlands people really like to skin? Nagrand perhaps?Helden3 Aug 18, 2011
Aug 18, 2011 Bags: limitations on what to put in? Interested in a higher capacity bag. Are there any limitations to what I can put in various bags besides quantity?Agincourt1 Aug 18, 2011
Aug 18, 2011 Jc addon? Whats the best one to use for prospecting?Rupe2 Aug 18, 2011
Aug 18, 2011 Looking for leatherworker for gear. Can anyone help me get some leather armor. I have ok gear but I really want the best. Started Wow last week and i enjoy it a lot.So if you can assist me please do. Thank you!Enzader1 Aug 18, 2011
Aug 18, 2011 WTS: Formula: Enchant Gloves - Riding Skill Have a Formula: Enchant Gloves - Riding Skill for sale on Aegwynn for all of the enchant collectors out there. Let me know if your intrested.Nvroom0 Aug 18, 2011
Aug 18, 2011 What to do with life and pyrium? To make this short, I have one of each profession (and a 2nd alchemist in the making). Most are at max, or close to it. (Engineering is 300, tailoring is 450, enchanting is 500ish) I'm trying to utilize each professions and make as much gold as possible. There are a few things I'm not sure what to do with... Volatile life..I get a TON of this stuff herbing, and the only thing I generally use it for is transmuting living elements to air (truegold doesn't turn much of a profit on my server, and there is a huge gap in cost of life to air). Stacked up atm I have about 600. What is a good way of using this for more profit then i would get from selling it on the ah? (7g or so per) Pyrium..what should I do with the pyrium I mine? whats the most profitable? Weapon chains? shield spikes? belt buckles? prospecting? Save to prospect for whenever they release epic gems? Stairoids14 Aug 18, 2011
Aug 18, 2011 Dreamcloth. Really? A seven-day cooldown for dreamcloth? Game content for tailors gets ridiculous. Please. Does any other profession have a seven-day cooldown for anything? Cowbella12 Aug 18, 2011
Aug 18, 2011 How do the ores spawn I know there is an amount of nodes each zone has of possible ore locations. Say there is 50 possible locations, is there like 20 placed ores at a time and when someone mines one, a new one appears at a random node on one of the empty spots? or is there a time limit after you mine one, say 5 minutes, then it will randomly appear in a spot? Can someone explain how the process goes. please and thank youKralmix8 Aug 18, 2011
Aug 18, 2011 Archaeology: Wheres the other races? It might be because I don't know anything about the lore, but how come there isn't any Tauren or Goblin artifacts? Is it because they are a newer race? And please tell me they are adding more :/Hsarus1 Aug 18, 2011