Professions

Aug 26, 2011 Staff Enchant With heartsong being an Enchant that can be placed on 1H weapons, and the new +100 intellect Off-hand enchant. Staff weapons, and 2H enchants need a serious boost to there power up functions. With things the way they are now, staff's will dissappear from every single casting class sooner or later (unless the wielder doesnt have the option of going 1H+ OH) I have been healing since Karazhan and have NEVER EVER wielded a 1H before. But no matter what I'm currently finding, with the Heartsong AND and extra 100 intellect, the 1H+OH combo is kicking my staffs ... rear. My staff Soul releaser hc +454 Stam +302 Int (302 SP + 0.47 Crit) +202 Spirit +1732 SP +202 haste "HEARTSONG" VS Torturer's Merci HC & Divine Companion Combined +194 Stamina +252 =446 Stam +129 Intellect +168 =398 Intellect!!!!! +91 Spirit +120 =211 Spirit +1732 SP =1732 SP +78 Mastery +98 haste =98 haste / 78 Mastery "HEARTSONG" "+100 Intellect Enchant" heartsong I'm guessing you guys at blizzard have some kind of plan or that you'll be introducing neat Staff enchants later on. But Noone I know is currently rocking a staff by choice (only to save money)Javed4 Aug 26, 2011
Aug 26, 2011 Need to change the Chaos Orb Hi i feel that the Chaos Orb sould no longer be soulbound. If you can make unsoulbound items with it then it shouldn't be soulbound. You should make it where anyone can get it and sale it in the AH on all severs. Thank you and i hope that i see this item changed very soon. I Hope In the Next Patch that is coming out... Jamesdtea10 Aug 26, 2011
Aug 26, 2011 Can you level enchanting just DEing? I just picked up enchanting on my 85 warrior and im wondering how high i can level it by just running though old dungeons and DEing green drops? If its high is there a guide out there that shows what dungeons to run for what level your enchanting is? ? I have blacksmithing to 525 so if there a guide for that if you DE stuff you can make BSing? Would that be a cheap route?Bladesnbrew6 Aug 26, 2011
Aug 26, 2011 [Feedback] Profession Calculator App Hey there fellow Professionals! I've been feverishly working on an application that will help you determine what it would cost to level a profession by purchasing the mats from the Auction House on your server. http://www.warcraftprofessional.com/calculator It currently supports the US / EU (more later as the whole app tightens up). There is an issue with the Russian realms not parsing correctly from the API, but there is still some information for those realms so don't fret. I'd love to hear any feedback you all can provide to help me improve the system. Development blog w/ forums coming soon: http://www.warcraftprofessional.com/articles/news/development/ Note: If you notice really low values coming back after searching wait a few seconds and try again. This is usually caused by a realm that hasn't been searched before. Aladan7 Aug 26, 2011
Aug 26, 2011 Epic Gem Cuts for this game Seeing how information was just released saying that Deathwing will be the 4.3 patch do you see it likely that epic gems will even be in Cataclysm? I know this idea isn't backed up by the history of the game but with how short the end is coming I see it possible. And when I say short I mean only 1 tier away not actual time.Permaku6 Aug 26, 2011
Aug 26, 2011 What ore to prospect from? I have a mage with Alch and JC and Im mainly going to be buying ore transmuting and cutting. What ore is most common (cheapest or just better) to prospect from?Bludclott5 Aug 26, 2011
Aug 26, 2011 Well Jewelcrafting was fun while it lasted Well it looks like the JC market on my server has finally started to tank. Basically it was only a matter of time and, personally, I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did. But 2 months after 4.2 hit, things have finally seemed to die down. On one hand, I loved all the money, on the other hand this couldn't have happened at a better time because I'm starting to get a bit bored with WOW. Even though it's, probably, not for another 4 months or so, I'm in "waiting for 4.3" mode. Basically, ore has never been cheap on my server and it's going for around 100G a stack give or take. And I don't think there's a ton of people selling directly to the buyers super-cheap since I normally don't see a ton of farmers out there. Competition has become absolutely brutal and we have Blue, Green and Yellow gems regularly selling for less than 10G each. Some gems were at 3G 80S today which, after the AH cut, is less than vendor value. And even when I can keep my gems at the low price for longer periods of time, they just aren't selling like they used to. By now a large number of raiders have all their valor gear on their mains and justice/valor gear for their alts. Same with the pvpers so demand has tanked from the post 4.2 patch frenzy. I can't complain too much though. I got into the markets hardcore about a week after 4.2 landed. I started with around 50K. Today I'm sitting at 115K and that's after spending 30K on a vial (bought the vendor stuff myself after joining a level 25 guild on an alt for 5 minutes for the discount and using my alchemist to make all the truegold and flasks). I also spent 25K to hire a guild to get the last achievement needed for the Ironbound Proto-Drake and another 50K for that same guild to get me every single ICC 10 man achievements for the Frostwyrm. I also bought countless other vanity items. So in total I made around 200K since 4.2. Not nearly as much as some people but I'll take it considering I raid, have a job, farmed all of my own ore and wasn't devoting a ton of time monitoring my auctions. So it was fun while it lasted but bring on 4.3!Safir7 Aug 26, 2011
Aug 26, 2011 Cauldron of Battle I'm part of a 10 man raiding guild and in this past week we've noticed a problem with our Cauldron of Battle. It would seem that it now only gives out 9 charges instead of 10, (we are a level 25 guild) which means that someone in the group gets shafted during pre pull buffing. I was wondering if anyone else had noticed this, or if there was a recent change in the perks.Swinny3 Aug 26, 2011
Aug 26, 2011 Max herbalism without max level possible? Is it possible to reach 525 Herbalism on level 80 character? Thanks.Oudhp7 Aug 26, 2011
Aug 26, 2011 Horde Master of Recipes Is there still no Master of Recipes on the Horde side? I've looked around but cannot find one. How lame that this is missing.Degnominator1 Aug 26, 2011
Aug 26, 2011 Is there an Add-On.. to keep track of/tell you percent completion of a profession (as in out of total recipes). I've been working on getting 100% complete on my JC and Engineering books and would like to see how close/how far away I am.Naïve3 Aug 26, 2011
Aug 26, 2011 archaeology rare sword My character Circis on Hydraxis has worked on archaeology for 2 months now at max level for at least 8-10 hours every day to try to get the troll Rare sword Zin' Rokh Destroyer of Worlds. I expected it to be difficult to get, but this is too much. You have made this Rare item way TOO RARE. My enjoyment has of the game has waned this last month due to this continuous disappointment day after day. I will no longer recommend WOW to any friends as a game for enjoyment and fun. Cirsis - HydraxisAge17 Aug 26, 2011
Aug 26, 2011 Anatomy of an Aversive Profession Anatomy of an Aversive Profession: An Examniation of the Pitfalls and Shortcomings of Archaeology and Suggested Improvements. A profession or endeavour which is viewed as aversive (unwanted, negative, or repulsive) has certain major features. 1. Time consumption in proportion to payoffs is unrewarding. Time consumption in and of itself is not an important feature but, when viewed in proportion to payoffs given time investment, it is. Arcaheology is a time sink with payoff occurring in often rather long variable intervals. In contrast a crafting profession has specific predictable rewards. The person knows at which point 'x' reward will be available to them and how much time that will take approximately. Time investment also serves to "move the clock" forward, progress is measureable in pseudo-tangible rewards (e.g. Jewelcrafters know how long it will take to earn enough tokens to purchase a specific design). 2. They're unengaging and repetitive. Activities which take little thought or attentional investments often come to be despised. For the same reason most people hate "busy work" they do not like professions that can be done on auto pilot. This effect is exacerbated by the first point: time investment. Given two equally unengaging tasks the one that takes longer will be seen as more boring and tiresome. Likewise tasks that are interesting and engaging can require much larger time investments and will still be viewed much more positively. As an example most players would groan at the thought of working on archaegology for two hours but the though of raiding for four hours may elicit excitement and positive affect. 3. The participant has little control over the activity. Having control (even when it is illusory) makes people happier, less anxious, and more resilient to annoyances. When one feels like a passive element in an activity they will enjoy it less than in an activity in which they feel they exert some influence over the outcome. Arachaeology is almost entirely dependent on RNG (random number generators). Whether or not you will be rewarded is more influenced by random events than time investment or active involvement. People are aversive to activities in which they affect little influence. In the major crafting professions what you create is largely determined by you, some items have a random element to them but for the most part you choose what you create. You are free to acquire materials for a project or not, you are not required to collect materials for something you do not wish to make to be able to make something else. Even while leveling said professions you know that crafting a useles item is a step towards being able to craft one you desire. Specific suggestions. 1. Time Investment:Decrease travel time or increase payoffs in proportion to travel time. The majority of time spent on Archaeology can probably be attributed to travel between digsites. Although many modes of travel exist the time spent in travel is disproportionate to the payoff of doing so. In addition time spent traveling is time that cannot be devoted to other endeavours. Whether it is more portal locations for mages, faster flight paths, transdimensional teleportation from the help of the Ethereals or Goblins (if you trust it won't explode), purchasable teleportation runes (craftable by some other profession perhaps) or a new travel medium altogether decreasing travel time would increase the participation in archaeology. Alternatively you can increase rewards. This can be accomplished in three different ways. The first option is simply to increase the number of finds at any given digsite. The second option is to increase the reward gained from crafting objects, for example increasing the vendor amount for gray items. The third is to require fewer artifact pieces to complete artifacts. Any of these or a combination would also increase participation. An increase in vendor prices would most likely result in continued participation even after major pieces have been completed. 2. Make the unengaging engaging Archaeology encompasses a lot of interesting lore but not much involvement in the game from NPCs or story line. Blizzard moved away from quests that required a lot of text to understand how the quest fit into the story line, and as a result quests are now much more engaging. The easiest way to make archaeology engaging would likely be to implement a questline or even dailies into the profession. Quest starting items could also be discoevred randomly at digsites or by completing fragments. It would also be nice to see the introduction of additional useful items such as patterns for other professions, thus giving additional incentives. 3. Give the player more control. Total control is not necessary and would take away from the spirit of archaeology altogether but some control would encourage more participation. This can be accomplished in a manner of ways. The most obvious is to allow palyers to pick which artifacts they work on occasionally either by specifically choosing an artifact (based on skill and the like) or by choosing which digsites appear and ignoring digsites of no interest. An added interface for checking which digsite type (choosing only one) to ignore and having only 3 spawn per continent could work. Another option is to be able to trade fragments of one type for another possibly at the museum in Ironforge, this could work on the same mechanic as transmutes, having either a daily or weekly cooldown and a limited amount of fragments to work with, or this could be a daily quest available only to max level archaeologists. On a personal note I achieved two realm firsts in archaeology and enjoyed it for the most part. I would like nothing more than to see it improved upon so that mroe people enjoy it. I hope this post was helpful or at least insightful (and hopefully not inciteful). Signed Professor GrandevilGrandevil25 Aug 26, 2011
Aug 26, 2011 flintlocke's chucker quick question - am i able to craft these to sell on AH, or are they bind on pickup? (and since i'm not a hunter, well, that wouldn't be too helpful). thanksVaelarrus4 Aug 26, 2011
Aug 26, 2011 Darkmoon Faire Artifacts? I wonder if this is some different sort of artifact mechanism from archaeology as we know it today, or...? Speculations and postulations, anyone?Schnort4 Aug 26, 2011
Aug 26, 2011 What spec of alchemy is the most profitable? Title.Sneakyfun2 Aug 26, 2011
Aug 26, 2011 Chef's Hat I'm sure this has been brought up before, but why can we only buy the hat with dal cooking awards and not the if/sw/darn chef awards? Any plans to make it buyable with the awards from the dailies people are actually doing now?Rolla7 Aug 26, 2011
Aug 26, 2011 Zarania's hunt for Zin'rokh I have every dwarf common / rare. I have every fossil common / rare (including the finished shield). I have the Blessing of the Old God proc'd (Nerubian spawns are pretty rare in EK). Here's my updated stats: Lizard Foot Charm: 35 Fine Bloodscalp Dinnerware: 37 Feathered Gold Earring: 31 Bracelet of Jade and Coins: 36 Fetish of Hir'eek: 37 Cinnabar Bijou: 34 Jade Asp with Ruby Eyes: 52 Gahz'rilla Figurine: 42 Atal'ai Scepter: 50 Zandalari Voodo Doll: 35 Skull-Shaped Planter: 41 Eerie Smolderthorn Idol: 27 Drakkari Sacrificial Knife: 30 Tooth with Gold Filling: 40 Voodoo Figurine: 1 Haunted War Drum: 1 Total so far: 529 .99^529 =0.00491... ~= .491% chance to not see it by now. Next update at 597 where I break .25%. Yes, I'm soon to be under one fourth of one percent chance to not see it. Original post While flying around, I figured why not post some numbers about how "fun" archaeology is." 4038 dwarf fragments. Not including keystones. 2821 fossil fragments. I have every dwarf rare. I have every fossil rare. Currently working on the Dressing Gown. I have not done any digging in Kalimdor. I have all the NE rares in my book or done except the trinket. This means these are all useless for me. Lizard Foot Charm: 16 Fine Bloodscalp Dinnerware: 19 Feathered Gold Earring: 13 Bracelet of Jade and Coins: 24 Fetish of Hir'eek: 21 Cinnabar Bijou: 15 Jade Asp with Ruby Eyes: 32 Gahz'rilla Figurine: 25 Atal'ai Scepter: 17 Zandalari Voodo Doll: 22 Skull-Shaped Planter: 20 Eerie Smolderthorn Idol: 16 Drakkari Sacrificial Knife: 13 Tooth with Gold Filling: 21 Total so far: 274 I'll keep this updated daily until I get it.Zarania201 Aug 26, 2011
Aug 26, 2011 Alchemy or Inscription? I want this character’s second profession to either be alchemy or inscription, since I have a herbing alt. I started leveling inscription a bit because some of the higher level glyphs are selling for around 300-400g ea. However, alchemy looks like it could be very profitable with its multiple transmutations. What do you guys recommend I should pick up? Which is more profitable? Which is cheaper to level? Which has the best rewards? Thanks!Syncro6 Aug 26, 2011
Aug 26, 2011 Enchanting vs JC I can't decide if I want to do JC or Enchanting, my other is Blacksmith and i know doing JC and BL is nice for putting the higher jems in the additional sockets you get but ive heard its really expensive to level, I really like enchanting so i can disinchant stuff then AH it later because i run a lot of dungeons anyways is Enchanting a lot cheaping to level? Can you make good money off both when they are maxed or is JC much better? thanksBladesnbrew3 Aug 26, 2011
Aug 26, 2011 Gnome or Goblin just got eng to 200, trainer is asking gnome or goblin, and has a quest for each one. Says if I chose one, I can never train the other. I thought that cata ended the specialization, but I see not. Anyway, whats the difference? I pve and want to make a helicopter at 300. Which should I chose and why are there 2 paths anyway. thanksMzchevious9 Aug 26, 2011
Aug 25, 2011 Gathering speed Are there any settings I can turn on, or off that may affect how fast my computer loads herbs for my toon to detect? Also, increasing the distance would also be great if possible. Note: I do not have any internet problems, and latency usually stays under 100, the exception being when all the Iphone and Andriod users spontaneously decide to tweet about nothing.Addiata4 Aug 25, 2011
Aug 25, 2011 Gold limit reached Really? Small little red letters saying this is all us profession grinders get? I wasn't expecting an achievement, or fireworks, or anything. I guess I wasn't sure what to expect. Having small little red letters that is difficult to even screen cpature was just a little underwhelming. Anyone have a suggestion of what I should shoot for next?Aresheals20 Aug 25, 2011
Aug 25, 2011 Making Gold As A Noob This is my first character in this game, and although I had a very nice level 85 give me ten gold to start off, I still seek advice. I was told to pick up Herbalism and Mining, since both increase my leveling speed, and also provide a decent income. My question is though, when does Herbalism and Mining actually start to produce a decent amount of money to afford other important things in the game? What I mean is, I was near the Gryphon trainer and salesman, and I noticed the prices were ridiculous. You need over ten thousand gold if you want to have the fastest flying mount and training. Can a new player even come close to making over ten thousand gold for the fastest ground and flying mounts? Does Herbalism and Mining allow a new player, assuming he/she keeps them up, to be able to make over ten thousand gold by level 75? If not, then what can I do so that I may afford the fastest ground and flying mounts and training in the game?Zavolk25 Aug 25, 2011
Aug 25, 2011 Leveling Professions To 85... I have taken up Herbalism and Mining for both experience bonus and also a decent income. What I have noticed though, are the combat bonuses that I receive for them. Herbalism allows me to have a quick heal and increases my casting speed. This is not passive though, it is an ability that takes up a key-bind. I like it though, and will get back to it in a moment. Mining on the other hand provides stamina, and although health is important, it is not a key-stat for a Frost Mage. My questions are as follow readers, and hopefully someone can shine some light upon them. I understand that until I hit level 85, nothing actually matters in the game. By "job" now is to level and make gold, which is understandable. So, when I hit level 85 eventually, what professions should I acquire for myself in order to have better bonuses? I know Jewel-Crafting is the best profession for a spell caster, since it provides +81 intellect unlike any other profession. What would go well with it though? Or should I stay with Herbalism for both a decent income and for a quick heal and some haste? To provide more detail though, my only goal is to PvP in this game. I come from xbox first person shooter games, and have no desire to slay demons and dragons. I admit, after reading on the battle-ground and arena forums, that a Frost Mage is one of the most powerful classes 1v1 currently. So, what would be a good PvP profession to go for once I hit level 85? Is Jewel-Crafting and Herbalism a good combination for PvP, or is there a better one? I prefer a passive ability over one that requires an additional key-bind. I am still trying to master key-binding, and an extra spell is only more hassle. I want to thank everyone ahead of time for thier comments and input. I would appreciate honest answers, by those who are experienced in the game. Please no garbage, please no snickering or condescending remarks about my level or being a fresh player. I assure you, that I already understand many game mechanics well enough and am doing just fine.Zavolk9 Aug 25, 2011
Aug 25, 2011 Ore Crusher incompatible with Auctionator? When I try to use ore crusher it gives me this error message in my in game chat interface: "orecrusher: could not find your selected AddOn. Please reselect an enabled Price DB Addon". I use Auctionator and have for over a year. I've tried manually searching for each item I want an OC price on and that still doesnt work. And yes, Auctionator is checked as the price DB under options. It gives me a lua error the first time I check it. I've tried to get it to work on several toons and its the same thing each time. Any ideas as to what could be wrong?Aalyy0 Aug 25, 2011
Aug 25, 2011 Request: Misty Dream Emerald This post is not to question the reasons behind their choices, but to state that some people would prefer these stats and that the gem should be implemented. This is a request for an additional gem type. The generic healer uses intellect for spellpower, spirit for time durability, haste for faster spells, mastery for their own uses, and critical strike for a chance at bigger heals. So, a healer who is spirit-concious and likes mana regeneration would want a spirit-centered gem (blue) and would avoid haste. With the semi-recent patch causing healing criticals to have the bonus raised from 50% to 100% bonus healing done, some heavy spirit-users have been needing more critical strike rating. This increase to critical heals offsets the balance of mastery and critical strike rating towards critical strike rating, so people would be wanting this gem type (yellow) beyond the reforging capibility. So, a spirit-centered healer would use green, blue, and purple gems in their gear. For green, a preference towards critical strike rating would then need a +20 Critical Strike Rating and +20 Spirit gem, a Misty Dream Emerald.Giatros3 Aug 25, 2011
Aug 25, 2011 Leatherworking Mats need to be reevaluated Just a random comment, in case blizzard checks these forums. I think the material requirements for levelling leatherworking, pre outland at least, need to be looked at and lessened. To gain a single skill point, most patterns cost between 6 and 16 pieces of leather. So for 5 skill points, it could require 50 pieces of leather. This was fine way back when levels took much longer, and quests required you to kill far more mobs than they do now. My newest alt has spent far more time farming leather than he has actually levelling up. I'll spend an hour getting 100 leather, come back to town, and get a whole 8 skill points. It feels very unsatisfying compared to my other professions.Arkas14 Aug 25, 2011
Aug 25, 2011 JewelCrafting or Mining I wondering if any has a good opinion on this. I have a herb/alch (alch is at 522), I have a miner/skiner around lvl 72, and I have this toon with jc/inscription. Inscription doesn't seem to be the goldmaker I hoped it was. I do make okay money from it when I can sell glyphs. And I like being able to make glyphs for all my other characters. But jewelcrafting worries me. I have it up to like 103 or so. I noticed it takes a heavy investment into ore, in order to level it up. Does jewelcrafting pay off in the end? Or would I do better on dropping it and picking up mining to make some extra money while I level?Hektik3 Aug 25, 2011
Aug 25, 2011 Tailoring as a profession? Is tailoring worth having? I picked it up to be able to craft some of my gear for end game (this will be my first toon to reach max level). But from what I have been reading, it sounds like there is not much gear I can make for myself at end game.Kaiara5 Aug 25, 2011
Aug 25, 2011 trnasmute master hatered Anyone else making truegold constantly just to pretty much never get a proc? So much that you find yourself hating being transmute but not being able to change from it because you keep clinging to that little strand of hope that is, "today i might proc!!"? I have gone so long without one that I find myself looking through my profession tab just to make sure that some magical way I wasnt a transmute master anymore...just to discover that nope I still am, then getting annoyed. * note this is not my xmuter... just to lazy to select the right toon from my list for the forums* Xerodrood18 Aug 25, 2011
Aug 25, 2011 Enchanting, breaking my heart... So I'm one of those people who HATES to part with their money, whether it's 2g or 2000g... I don't see the sense in spending when I can just as easily farm everything myself. Yup, I'm that type of gal - I DO WUT I WANT. It's all good really, I've no real complaints ...Except that I only have a level 63 on a new server, with no mains to fund a VERY expensive (and poor choice for a toon on a new realm) profession: enchanting. /teary-eyed It's not my fault I ran out of greens to DE after I hit level 60 and needed to level my enchanting to 300! I even went back and did ALL the level 50-59 quests in EVERY zone for quest rewards, and STILL didn't have enough dream dust/large brilliant shards/greater eternal essences to make my arcanite and fel iron rods... Not to mention get from 280-300 in the first place... And all those rolls in the dungeons, I wasn't winnin' nothin'! So... I went to the AH... And I bought about 300g worth of the mats... Waiting for three days in a row for the items to drop in price because I'm so cheap, refusing to pay 35g for a stack of dream dust... BUT I DID IT. I WENT THERE. TO THE AH. I am so ashamed! I think I have buyer's remorse, now that my 3k+ dropped to 2.8k.... 300g loss!!! Waaah! /bawlingVictoriya11 Aug 25, 2011
Aug 25, 2011 Which Combo? ... This is my main toon. I'm a Priest, if you guys didn't notice. I wanted to get useful professions that would help my future toons. Which would be most beneficial? Income potential would be nice, but I wouldn't base it off that. PS: inb4 mining/herbalism/skinning. My girlfriend has them. She'll be supplying me with most of my mats, if needed.Frolick5 Aug 25, 2011
Aug 25, 2011 Crippling Engineering for PvP I'm back from about a six-month break to find that apparently all belt tinkers are now non-functional in bgs, Tol Barad and Wintergrasp, as well as arena. I get "You can't do that in a Rated Battleground" even when I'm not in a rated battleground. Not that it's fair to disable all tinkers in rated battlegrounds, either. Wasn't my nitro boosts periodically catching on fire and burning me to a crisp bad enough? I was willing to live with that, despite multiple deaths because of it, because engineering is fun. It doesn't seem entirely fair that virtually every PvP benefit from engineering gets removed, and we get nothing to compensate. How would Jewelcrafters react if they were told one day "Your JC-only gems won't be active in arena and rated bgs?" Or "Smithing/Enchanting sockets go inactive in arena and rated bgs?" Huge numbers of complaints, that's what. The thing with most engineering enchants is that they aren't a flat, brainless buff. They require a little thought, skill and timing to use effectively. Qualities Blizz wants to punish, apparently. No other profession has its usefulness punished in PvP. At least give us something more to compensate. Something with the, apparently acceptable, flat stat buffs other professions get.Morobir8 Aug 25, 2011
Aug 25, 2011 About Chaos orbs BOP > BOE I think I remember hearing about them going boe sometime later in the expansion, any chance we can get a word on that, or a link to the original statement? Its freaking annoying to have to run useless dungeons on this toon just for a chance at an orb needed to help a guildmate get crafted gear. I should not have to waste my time doing dungeons for points/gear I don't need just for a 1/5 chance at an orb. I guess I could get my guild to do it, but that is still time we are doing pointless dungeons to get orbs from older tier, to make gear of current? This whole thing seems totally backwards from the design. I know you don't want crafted gear to cheapen, but common? Wasting dungeon finder lfg time, along with the actual run is horrible. Can we at least throw the orbs on the JP vender to save time for some of us who have no reason to farm old heroics?Holybell3 Aug 25, 2011
Aug 25, 2011 Engineering and the lack of epics... After reaching 525 engineering, i was exicted to craft my first epic and be ready to craft and sell more but to my supprise it turns out we only get one epic for lv 85s which is our gogles which varry by class, and then we get Weapons to craft as well Bow and Gun(which are Blues) as many of you may know...and after I did my first couple of heroics and got a few chaos orbs I tried making a bit of gold off of these items and then it hit me slowly....why do I only have one craftable epic when every other crafting proffesion seems to have quite a few more of them...and it made me feel like we really should have more epics mabye an Epic scope for bows and guns, and while I'm on that an Epic Bow and gun would be nice to..something that catchs the eye and makes people want to buy it...because I can hardly sell My Overpowerd Chicken Spliter and Kickback 5000 now, I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one whos noticed this to.....btw this is my first time posting on the fourms soooo if its a bit shaby ya know why lol. Ciñ: Quick Eskandari! Go, attack Ghostcrawler! oh wait...whats that he has in his claw...OH NOES THE MIGHTY NERF BAT!!!!!!!! WHY!!!! *gets pwned by Ghostcrawler*Ciñ16 Aug 25, 2011
Aug 25, 2011 level 80s in uldum Level 80s in uldum in level 80 gear, you see them attempting to mine in areas they are very undergeared for. Do you guys stop to help if you see them being attacked? I can't understand the logic of attempting a node surrounded by mobs knowing over and over you will be one shotted at that level. If you can pull it off more power to you, but time and time again i've seen level 80s and sometimes under that, attempting a node only to be killed instantly, then running back and trying again only to keep getting killed.Doubledice21 Aug 25, 2011
Aug 25, 2011 Blacksmiths, which crafted items will sell? Any idea of which ones will sell for the most cheddar on the AH? http://www.wowhead.com/item=70155 http://www.wowhead.com/item=70158 http://www.wowhead.com/item=71077 http://www.wowhead.com/item=70157 http://www.wowhead.com/item=70156 http://www.wowhead.com/item=70162 http://www.wowhead.com/item=70163 http://www.wowhead.com/item=70165Kazusakuraba4 Aug 25, 2011
Aug 25, 2011 Engineers- What's your best seller on the AH Just finished leveling up engineering, and I was just wondering what sells, and what doesn't. Any helpful responses are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.Optimator10 Aug 25, 2011
Aug 25, 2011 Alch CDs So im new this whole alch thing does the Living Elements share a CD with Pyrim and Truegold or am i having an issue here?Bloodthilth12 Aug 25, 2011
Aug 25, 2011 Enchanting - A Dying Art I've been running a lot of zandoms on my tank lately for two reasons. 1. The satchel is nice since I can mail it over to my main. 2. I've been saving valor points so I can get the valor bracers for no gold for my main. Because of this I've been with quite a few people and I see very few groups receiving the disenchant option. This is pretty disappointing to me since the cost of materials is high on my realm and when I get on my main "Evilcetra" who is an enchanter I feel like I'm being cheated out of profiting from my profession every time I run a zandom. I could go on and on listing many more reasons as to what should change regarding enchanters, but this is one of my main problems and I'd love to see what others think. And lastly on the chance I wasnt clear enough... Do you think enchanting needs to be changed/buffed?Evilcetra22 Aug 25, 2011
Aug 25, 2011 Profession Loot Suggestion... I'm not sure if this has been talked about or suggested before, but since those that can use Orbs are the only ones allowed to roll on them, what about making the same hold true for things like Maelstrom Crystals when they are dropped by a mob? That is, that they can only be rolled on by Enchanters. I asked a question of the group (after selecting greed) when a crystal dropped and they said always greed. Their logic was that because they could sell it and use the cash, that they had as much "need" for it as an Enchanter. Any thoughts? Think it's a good idea to have them available to enchanters only or maybe even added as a drop like Orbs? Clafre18 Aug 25, 2011
Aug 25, 2011 Hey, looking for Long term blacksmith's http://www.wowhead.com/spell=34545#comments I found this hammer i really would like for transmog, I have been a bs since I have had this toon and would really like to know where go get the recipe for this.Kihr6 Aug 25, 2011
Aug 25, 2011 This is a good idea for inscription Well my idea is that all inscriptionists make book of glyph mastery once they are at max inscription. This is a very important item for inscriptionists and the drop rate for the book is stupidly rare and just down right impossible to get. I have sat there and farmed this book for hours and only got 1 that is pathetic. The book should be made by an inscriptionist and only at max ability, you can even make it a recipe to buy with blackfellow inks like a blacksmith uses bars, a tailor uses cloth, and a enchanter uses crystals. Can you please atleast discuss this at a meeting you have about what to change in the game and what not to I definatly think it is worth looking into.Eciralc8 Aug 25, 2011
Aug 25, 2011 Hi, How do I see a list of patterns I have learned? I bought quite abit and forgot the ones I already gotTrasp0 Aug 25, 2011
Aug 25, 2011 Inscription and the AH Am I the only one who finds that glyphs require too little of a deposit? For hours on end, you can all of your glyphs for sale, immediately check which ones have been undercut, find all of them were, cancel your auctions, post them again, find they have been undercut, cancel your auctions, post them again... Perhaps if there was more incentive to keep your auctions on the AH, persons with mods and too much time on their hands could experience other areas of the game than the AH.Jugeum9 Aug 25, 2011
Aug 24, 2011 Book of Glyph Mastery and 4.3 I know there was mention of the Book of Glyph Mastery being changed to research in the #7 Ask the Devs. I was just wondering if there is any chance this will happen in 4.3 or is this a next expansion change?Sheldorr10 Aug 24, 2011
Aug 24, 2011 4.3 New enchants? possible that new enchants and epic gems are coming out in 4.3? i already have heard about epic gems, but want to make sure about new enchants (farming maelstroms and shards atm).Dwarlord7 Aug 24, 2011
Aug 24, 2011 Leather Working..enchants required 85??? Ok guys whats up I am currently doing LWing on my 75 Dk currently lvling her as well i figured i would nock out my Cata professions so i could spend more time lvling No where does it state in the Enchant items or Items it self that i have to be 85 to use them says clear as day Charscale Leg Reinforcements 5 sec cast Requires Cloth Armor, Leather Armor, Mail Armor, Plate Armor Reagents: Blackened Dragonscale (2) Permanently attach charscale reinforcements onto your pants, increasing Stamina by 145 and Agility by 55. Can only attach to your own armor, and attaching causes the item to become soulbound Draconic Embossment - Strength 5 sec cast Requires Cloth Armor, Leather Armor, Mail Armor, Plate Armor Reagents: Volatile Fire (2) Emboss the pattern of dragons onto your bracers, permanently increasing Strength by 130. Embossing your bracers causes them to become soulbound. The embossment requires at least 500 skill in Leatherworking to remain active.... What gives I meet the requirements but it says i have to be 85 on the item i enchant to gain its effect what gives Blizzard??Ñåmine4 Aug 24, 2011
Aug 24, 2011 missing gem cut Turbid dream emerald! (I already posted a thread about this under general discussion, because I hadn't bothered much with these forums before and didn't notice the professions section.) I'd like to gem my pvp healing gear with spirit/resilience gems but due to an oversight or profession bug there is no such cut for cata gems. Is there any ETA on implementing the design? I'd love to read a response from Bliz on this.Yeochee8 Aug 24, 2011