Professions

Jul 23, 2011 Enchanting, Staffs need some love. Getting a nice staff proc, or even a static Spirit/intellect enchant would be nice.Bellabel0 Jul 23, 2011
Jul 23, 2011 Living Ember drop rate (10man vs. 25 man) Can anyone verify that the drop rate of living embers in 10 man is the same as the drop rate in 25 man?Corpserun1 Jul 23, 2011
Jul 23, 2011 where can i find professions , besides sw and which are good one for a warrior , im kind of a noobKslay5 Jul 23, 2011
Jul 23, 2011 A little confused about professions +80 bonus (edited / rewritten for simplification) From where do I get my +80 primary stat bonus from as an alchemist? Is it from the flask of enhancement?Harikrishna4 Jul 23, 2011
Jul 22, 2011 Class for a gathering toon? I want to make a character with herbing and mining, so that I can go farming on them without affecting the profession bonuses on my serious characters (I want to switch to JC/BS once I get a sufficiently leveled miner). I'm caught between a DK and a druid. DK for their increased starting level and movement speed, and druid because they don't have to break flight form. I think overall, the increased movement speed would be better if I'm taking both mining and herbing. But is it worth it? Keep in mind that all of my friend play alliance, so I can't get the Tauren herbing buff =(Ranyu6 Jul 22, 2011
Jul 22, 2011 Gathering Professions Suggestion I feel that all gathering profesions that include a way to track the items (profesions such as mining or herbalism) should change so that on your minimap if you cannot harvest the item it will show it as red so that would by running around trying to harvest it when u cant and that would cause less time wasted while lvling gathering profesions. Or also make another color other than the default yellow if the herb or ore does not have a chance of giving a skill up. Just some thoughts that i had on this topic.Cielwinne4 Jul 22, 2011
Jul 22, 2011 Which BS weapon to learn? I know I should look at costs, going rates, and how many are on the market already, but I think figuring out which class/specs came out of 4.1 needing weapons, and/or which will have a hard time upgrading in 4.2 is a great starting point. I have enough Orbs for ONE weapon, which I intend to sell. Which one(s) will have strong demand? I have enough mats and gold to buy whatever I need if I dont have it already (so that's really not much of an issue). I'm guessing there are classes / specs that don't have many/any BoE drops from FL and perhaps don't even have a BoP drop until late FL. Also, were there specs that struggled to get a 359 or better in 4.1? Simaril8 Jul 22, 2011
Jul 22, 2011 36 slot Gem bag So, I have been grinding the Molton Front dailies since day one so I could pick up the recipe on my alt to make the Lux Gem bag(36 slot). I though this would be a hot item that I could sell. No luck. I have had 2 on the AH since tue with no one buying them. No one else on my server has put any up for auction either. I know alot depends on the server. But was wonding if anyone has had luck selling these bags? I though an upgrade form a 24 slot bag to a 36 slot bag would b ein high demand.Bearrepairjr15 Jul 22, 2011
Jul 22, 2011 Inferno Ink So, I've gotten back into the glyph market on my scribe, and was wondering what to do with all the inferno inks. What's the most profitable thing to do with them? Sell them? Make relics? Darkmoon cards? I made a nice chunk of gold in T11 on the DMC's, but are they still worth making with the new tier out?Stalkyou4 Jul 22, 2011
Jul 22, 2011 No primary stat fish in pools... It is extremely frustrating trying to fish primary stat food for raids. Sitting for 2 hours farming up piles of useless Murglesnout to get half a stack of stat fish. Wrath had all of the primary raiding food fish in pools and prices were still good on the ah. On my server you are lucky to even find my stat fish on the ah because farming farming it is so ridiculous. I don't understand why you would not put the pools in. Thoughts? Rants?Svenster3 Jul 22, 2011
Jul 22, 2011 Crafting professions have no benefit under 70 at 85 we know all professions get 80 stat points worth of benefit from their bonuses. And for mining, skinning and herbalism, the benefits scale all the way down to level 5 when you first learn the skill, which is great. But with the exception of engineering which has a few good items for some levels, and alchemy which does have a benefit but costs mats to maintain the benefit. Tailoring has no bonus, and the gear you can make is mostly all junk. The 2 BOP recipes aren't worth wearing, inferior to BOA at the very first level you can get them. Inscription... well it should probably be removed anyway, but it offers nothing at all. Leatherworking and blacksmithing are the same case as tailoring.Ratbeard4 Jul 22, 2011
Jul 22, 2011 Quick question on proffesions.. Hi, i spent some time farming all the Heirlooms to use on this mage so he'll level very quickly. WOuld it be a good idea to lvl professions as i go or wait and power lvl them at a hight lvl? Just some thoughts from those who have dealt with this. Thanks for any and all help!Creatôr5 Jul 22, 2011
Jul 22, 2011 10k an Hour Farming Guide Hello, and thank you for expressing interest in my 10k an Hour Farming Guide. This series of narrated videos will cover all aspects of gold making, from using professions, to mastering the auction house, to farming instances. Because of this, it's suited to any gold makers tastes, and will be sure to optimize your money making process regardless of your current situation. I would like to assure you that this is 100% possible, and that my guides will never tell you to simply believe something without offering instant mathematical proof. Every Statement I make will be backed up by solid numbers, proving that you won't regret following my methods. If it comforts you to know, I can say that I've had no trouble following these techniques myself, to the point where I've been able to maintain over 500k without sacrificing any needed purchases. I've even been able to hold cash giveaways of up to 200k without depleting my funds or worrying about profits. I wouldn't offer this advice if I didn't use it daily, and to great success. Thank you for your support, and I'm positive if you give my guide a chance you'll notice significant raise in profits almost instantly. Links: Youtube Guide Introduction- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiD97ddLQvk Youtube Auction House Video 1- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9NZNN7n7V8 Youtube Auction House Video 1- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9i83DvpMR4 The Official Guide on Almar's Website- http://www.almarsguides.com/wow/farming/10k/Eskwyre0 Jul 22, 2011
Jul 22, 2011 Lack of Truegold Procs I have been a transmutation master for a couple of months now. I have another transmutation master on a different server that has been transmuting truegold since about 2 months after Cata came out. The difference in the proc rates between these two toons is appalling. I have had one (1) truegold proc on this toon over about a 2 month period and it only procced one extra. My other toon would get at least one (1) per week and that was after they nerfed it. Is anyone else experiencing this?Mistreskitty12 Jul 22, 2011
Jul 22, 2011 Blizzard DID not remove enchanting!! In my realm, people are saying that enchanting is removed. I've also notice this is other realms too. But i could still talk to the enchanter trainer and learn enchanting. All I have to say is those people are a bunch of trolls.Alueren3 Jul 22, 2011
Jul 22, 2011 Professions macro help I'm trying to write a macro to cast my daily transmute with, but I'm having difficulty with the syntax. Does anyone know how to write the macro? Specifically I'm trying to cast Transmute: Living Elements. Thanks!Berzhus2 Jul 22, 2011
Jul 22, 2011 [Suggestion] Chaos Orbs BoA for Tanks Okay, so I just thought of this, let me know if you see any holes. But a lot of people are suggesting that orbs switch to BoA so that they can farm orbs on characters that either need to queue for dungeons or they enjoy playing. Unforunately, BoE would flood the market and defeat the purpose of the orbs, at least imo. My suggestion is to make the orbs BoA to be traded between a players characters. But then, in addition to the 450 crafting profession requirement, players queued as tanks (and possibly healers) would get to role on the orbs as well. I believe this could increase the number of tanks running dungeons, I know this DK would start tanking, and it could ultimately be tied to the current goodie bag system so that only tanks, healers, and occasionally dps could role when filling shortages. Though now that I think about it, you could just add orbs to the goodie bags (since they are already BoA).Jozie4 Jul 22, 2011
Jul 22, 2011 SKINNERS!!! Please read :) I had an idea today while leveling skinning on an alt that I want to throw out to the community, and if people like this idea, maybe try to get some attention drawn to it from the blues. So as a skinner, I would personally love to have an "override loot" feature, some sort of system in place where if I wanted, I could skin a creature and loot my skin without first having to pick up the basic loot. This would work similar to the "loot all" function in place now, where you have to hold shift and right click the corpse in order to loot everything automatically. (maybe hold Ctrl and right click?) Of course there would have to be limitations in place, a major one being that you have to be the one with loot privileges on the slain beast. This would prevent a skinner from skinning the beast and destroying the loot for the person in our out of the party who actually killed it or had a part in killing it. This system would work in favor of skinners who are just out farming skins, or more particularly, skinners who are farming a specific type of lower level leather and dont care about the vendor trash or lowbie greens filling up their bags. Let me know what you guys think, and thumbs up if you'd like to see this implemented! Thanks guys, happy hunting!Feralshot11 Jul 22, 2011
Jul 22, 2011 How much would it cost to level a profession? From 1-525 of straight buying all the mats from the auction house. Specifically for blacksmithing or jewel crafting. I know every server's economy is different but what is an estimate?Rhaedon3 Jul 22, 2011
Jul 22, 2011 Chaos orbs Why doesn't blizz make chaos orbs account bound .It would give players the option to farm orbs on any toon that's on there account .Camshaft6 Jul 22, 2011
Jul 22, 2011 Can we go ahead and make Chaos Orbs BoE now? I'm sick to death of doing heroics and want to be able to use my primary profession without pissing away my time doing something entirely unrelated with no guarantee I'll even win 1 of the multiple orbs I'll need to use said profession.Kelsolar37 Jul 22, 2011
Jul 22, 2011 Tailoring: Dream of Destruction is broken "Dream of Destruction" indeed. 5 Chaos Orbs for 1 Dreamcloth. To craft "Boots of the Black Flame" or "Don Tayo's Inferno Mittens", I need... 8 Dreamcloth. I was stupid enough to make Spellthreads for sale before patch 4.2, so I don't have Dreamcloth stocked up. The only way to make Dreamcloth on demand, now, is to use Dream of Destruction and run, let's see... say 2 randoms per orb, 5 orbs per dreamcloth, 8 dreamcloths per item... Blizzard wants me to run 80 randoms to collect enough Chaos Orbs to make a 378 item. 80 randoms. I understand, compared to other professions, Tailoring has the advantage of Dreamcloth cooldowns. OK, so penalize Tailoring so it takes more Chaos Orbs. But isn't needing 8 Dreamcloth penalty enough? 378 Blacksmithing patterns only take 3 Chaos Orbs. If Dream of Destruction took 1 Chaos Orb and converted it into 1 Dreamcloth, it would still take 2.6 times as many Chaos Orbs to craft a Tailoring pattern, compared to a Blacksmithing pattern. Please fix Dream of Destruction. Thank you very much.Elonael42 Jul 22, 2011
Jul 22, 2011 Engineering Please remove the backfires from engineering items, or at least seriously tone them down. I'm glad that you've recognized that there's a problem with rocket fuel leak killing people, but 80% of a person's health is just too silly, as well as a root effect that can easily kill you from the 18,000 damage absorb tinker on the belt. There's really no reason to have a backfire on these abilities, as they're not particularly overpowered or broken. Some of them can't even be used in some areas or common situations. If nothing is planned to be done regarding Engineering's backfire effects on key tinker effects, please give us a money making item. Let's face it-- there's almost no reason to be an Engineer right now besides for roleplay. We lose more money than we make, our profession bonuses are lackluster, and it's the only profession in the game that has a profession bonus that can kill or seriously harm you. While the goggles are nice, they will be useless come 4.2 unless a new set is made. It'd be just like an Alchemist drinking a potion they made and suddenly dying, because they actually used the wrong ingredients.Riverfang23 Jul 22, 2011
Jul 22, 2011 How to make profit for JCs? Ive been lvling JC, and ive been thing of whats the best way to make money in this profession, today i bought 700g on elementium ore and got only 2 Inferno Ruby, that i sell for about 180-220g, but it seems to be a matter of lucky to earn money from this, ppl say that JC is a gold mine, am i doing it wrong or there is another catch for making more gold?Skyes18 Jul 22, 2011
Jul 22, 2011 Trading there should be some way implemented to be able to trade your professions between your own characters. this would be very helpful and solve the problem when realizing you wished your professions were different on your main. Especially when you have already hit top level and taken the profession all the way to the end. ThanksEddias6 Jul 22, 2011
Jul 22, 2011 No New Engineering Goggles? Am I just not seeing them, or was Engineering kind of skipped over for new schematics? All we got were the gun and scope?Inurian1 Jul 22, 2011
Jul 22, 2011 Enchanting: Shard Vendor While I appreciate the inclusion of Mats being sold for Honor and Justice Points, I'm finding a disparity in how many Heavenly shards I get from DE as opposed to Greater Celestial Essence. I was wondering if there was any merit in allowing the Shard Vendor (who already takes Heavenly Shards for recipes) to sell Greater Celestial Essence similar to the Inscription vendor who will sell an Inferno Ink for 10 Blackfallow Inks. Also, Has there been any word on enchanters getting a Maelstrom Shatter ability similar to the Abyss Shatter we had in WotLK?Immergruen3 Jul 22, 2011
Jul 22, 2011 Does anyone want to buy 460 Whiptails? I have 23 stacks of Whiptail any buyers? offer your priceVoluminous5 Jul 22, 2011
Jul 22, 2011 no tailoring love in molten front Thanks for patch 4.2, need a damn rare element to craft stuff. What was I saving my dreamcloth for? Oh, something that I can't even buy and doesn't drop often. Can't make money with tailoring, its boring. Please add some type of profit to the profession other than uhh well I dunno nothing makes money right now. I like the cape enchant though, great job on the design for that. I guess i'll make some 36 slot gem bags, nobody will buy them anyways. I'll put all my gems in them that magically stack to 20 now. mazel tovYoshimeti3 Jul 22, 2011
Jul 22, 2011 What would you do to make Archaeology Better? Arch. is a secondary profession and I understand that it's not necessary for your character. There are however some things that I feel need to be changed. I figured a thread for people to add suggestions might give blizzard a LIST of ideas to be able to Help a profession improve over it's current, super long grinding. Post below!Purpleseeker19 Jul 22, 2011
Jul 22, 2011 Make chaos orbs not BoP already. How is it fair at all that blacksmiths get to sit back and charged 1k per orb(on cenarius at least) and there isn't any other profession other then Eng that get new recipes that require them still. I have 50 spread out on my toons that will never be used to craft anything but a gun that is no use to my hunter and is already selling for dirt cheap. Good job at making one profession dominate over the rest.Unwritten3 Jul 22, 2011
Jul 22, 2011 FL 365 Blacksmithing - Orb Prices? I should finally unlock the first vendor in FL, missed a couple days i guess. Because i dont like farming and creating items myself - id rather they get the mats, and i charge for orbs. How much are you guys charging per orb for these plans? I'm thinking of charging 200g - so with their mats they'll pay me 1k for 5 orbs. Does this seem too low? I mean 3 weeks of FL dailies + Heroics for Orbs..200g doesnt seem that much. Note - i am on a high pop server so there may be competition for services.Azinnoth6 Jul 22, 2011
Jul 22, 2011 Enchant Chest Greater Stats Does this still drop ingame? Formula: Enchant Chest - Greater Stats Is it a valuable recipe to sell? I came across one not sure if I should sell it or learn it.Phigment6 Jul 22, 2011
Jul 22, 2011 elementium deposit in twilight highlands Ive found a node next to the waterfall in twilight highlands. Ive tried many times to find it, but im fairly certain that the node is underground or behind the wall.Laulauanar4 Jul 22, 2011
Jul 22, 2011 Profession changes proposal Now, before I begin here, I am not suggesting earth shattering changes, ones that will explicitly or implicitly make professions extremely more productive, or the bonuses from having them more desirable than what we already have, nor imbalance pvp by making one the "must have" for the arenas. That said, the list may be long, but I think the changes would be easy to incorporate: 1. Tailoring, leatherworking and blacksmithing: The ability to change the colors of the armors of those types, and the ability to fix those types themselves. Sure, having a repair station is a staple in the world of azeroth, but let's face it, if a tailor can make cloth armor, why would it be unreasonable for them to repair it also? Or dye the armor a different color? 2. Inscription: The ability to research glyphs without using books of glyph mastery would be nice. Also, maybe have them a little more able to control what cards they make. I mean seriously, the idea that a scribe will pen out a card, and have no idea what it is that they are scribbling on the card until it is made seems a little stupid. 3. Mining and skinning: Umm.. I really have nothing on it. 4. Herbalism: The ability to cultivate herbs. Hey, they can pick flowers, why are they unable to grow them also? Add seeds to the game and let them roost for a short period of time with the herbalist. Kind of like the eggs we were getting from the oracles in Sholazar basin... 5. Jewelcrafting: The ability to create perfect quality blue gems like is possible on green gems. And to make things not get out of hand here, make them like the old storm jewels, where you could only equip one of them per character. 6. Engineering: give us goggle patterns above 359 tier. And make the profession a little more useful thru its utility. We removed boot enchants, but I'd like to see levitation or waterwalking be a possible enchant, or x-ray vision or night goggle enchants for head pieces. All of the mechanics are in the game already, now, let us have some of those. And give us back air clouds. Make the Electrostatic Condenser the new Zapthrottle mote extractor. That was a real let down. And I'm sure you've noticed that the tinker enchant Z50 Mana Gulper and Spinal Healing injector do the exact same thing and cost the exact same mats to do the tinker. Why not make the Spinal Healing Injector the new back tinker, I mean, come on, it says "Spinal" Healing Injector, leading me to believe it has no business being on the gloves to begin with. Or get rid of one of them. 7. Alchemy: Take Wrath and BC cd's off Cataclysm CD's. Even if you are only gonna do it for transmute specced Alchemists, the move would make sense. They don't get to make transmuted goods hand over fist like the other 2 specialists, at least make them able to do more than a typical alchemist with other stuff.Melûsine13 Jul 22, 2011
Jul 22, 2011 Skinning Glitch in Trisful Glades A small bug: Right now I'm playing on my Undead Hunter. For some reason I can not skin the decrepit darkhounds, even though they are beasts. Also, I CAN skin the cursed darkhounds there. What is going on?Gradorle0 Jul 22, 2011
Jul 22, 2011 All gathering skills secondary. Add Disenchanting as a secondary skill. Everyone has the option to farm their own mats for things, and the professions would be slightly more equal. You would still be required to get someone to help you of course, since you can only have to main professions. (I would mention also that make cloth accessible to everyone if you make leather and ores more accessible to everyone)Kagdin5 Jul 22, 2011
Jul 22, 2011 Sever Those Sagefish I know I'm not the only person with this opinion, so I feel it's important to voice this. Deepsea Sagefish looks to be the best damn fish there is for casters, and it takes a dang long time to farm it. I spend on average four hours fishing in Uldum to fill my bags with Murglesnout, Fathom Eels, and the coveted Sagefish. The catch rate seems to be about 33-45%, and after four hours I've bagged about 300 of them. This should last me a while. But, Blizzard, why on earth do we have to waste half a Deepsea Sagefish when we cook it? We are only allowed to use its head or tail, but why not both? Those of us who are DPS casters LOVE the 90 Int buff from the Sagefish head, and every healer ever will benefit from the 90 Spirit buff off the tail. It seems to be a huge waste to chop the fish in half and then throw away the piece we're not currently cooking, but which is equally valuable. Is this some weird species of fish that half are born without tails, and the other half is born without a head? Why can chefs not "Use" the fish to chop it in half and then be able to cook head and tail separately? If I'm going to spend four hours farming something, I want to get the most bang for my buck.Shatu4 Jul 22, 2011
Jul 22, 2011 HELP! How much should I sell 1-525 Alchemy? Okay i need some help.. how much should i sell 1-525 alchemy full mats... like so someone could lvl 1-525 really easily without going to AHVoluminous6 Jul 22, 2011
Jul 22, 2011 Am i really this unlucky? I have about 90 Tol'vir Discoveries... and only 6 Canopi Jars... At this rate am never going to find the damn recipe, most ppl ive talked to have about 60 discoveries and have about 10 jars... so crazy wtf -.- fmlZinned26 Jul 22, 2011
Jul 21, 2011 So why does rocket belt kill me no question. Inside of a BG the rocket fuel leak is more deadly than the 5 people kicking me in the pants. :( Kinda like how sometimes my killstreaks are ended by my belt killing me because I want to go from LM to BS with rocket belt + parachute. DerpOùtlàw28 Jul 21, 2011
Jul 21, 2011 quick JC daily question is there only one? if there a more where are all the dailies for the tokens for recipes?Bearzerker2 Jul 21, 2011
Jul 21, 2011 Tailor / Enchanters So, the age old question, how the heck do you make money while leveling these two professions. So far enchanting eats up anything you could vendor through tailoring. The addition of scrolls you can enchant and try to sell on the AH or wherever was nice but it doesn't seem like anything's in much demand. So the point to my rant... Does anyone have any tips or tricks for making some money with these professions while leveling? I'm tired of being broke...Highgynx5 Jul 21, 2011
Jul 21, 2011 which ores in highest demand? What ores are in most demand in the draka server any one know?Marciano3 Jul 21, 2011
Jul 21, 2011 2h ilvl 365 sword: no new model? EIHP stats? I'm hoping that it was simply a placeholder that managed to sneak its way into the mainstream but....why does the new 2h use the 333/346 dungeon/heroic sword model with a bland and unassociated to fire lands recolor? [Sky blue cross guard] I mean...even if it used an enlarged version of the pyrium spellguard it would be more acceptable then its current art. On the note of oddities in the 365 gear the extreme impact gun seems to have a nasty stat difference compared to 346/359 items. even for a variance of 13 ilvls the amount of base damage/stats are far outweighed by lower level items. Example: EIHP [Extreme Impact Hole Puncher] 2.8 speed 659 dps 1291-2400 damage 74 agility 170 stam yellow socket [bonus 20 agi] 58 crit 73 mastery Ilvl 365 ------ Any of the vicious 359 [s9] pvp ranged weapons IE Vicious Gladiator's Rifle 3.0 speed [623 dps] 1496-2244 damage 107 agi 161 stam 72 crit 72 res ilvl 359 Assuming a 40 agi or 20 agi/20haste[crit/mastery] gem is used you gain....7 agi and...5 more crit/haste/mastery for gemming along normal lines. The dps increase is gained by the weapon being faster but doing poorer overall damage. Hunters, last i knew, preferred slower weapons [min damage increased, max damage decreased. potentially higher average but more damage lost on hits in the high range.] the next leap, a difference of 13 ilvls [7 more] from 365 lands: Lava bolt crossbow 1785 - 2679 Damage Speed 3.00 (744.1 damage per second) +128 Agility +192 Stamina I Lvl 378 crit rating by 88 haste rating by 81 The main damage increase is humongous while the stat change is ~ though secondaries get far more overall. Whats with the placeholder weapon art and crazy itemization? Waningmoon8 Jul 21, 2011
Jul 21, 2011 Crafting grey skill items Can we lower the create time on crafting items that are grey skill level? DAOC had this and it was great. Some of the items i craft to put on the ah have long create timers and its annoying.Mewse1 Jul 21, 2011
Jul 21, 2011 Best enchanting class? I've decided I'm going to make a secondary character as an enchanter and I'm having a lot of trouble deciding which one to roll. My best guess is a cloth user because I'm going to roll need on everything that drops just to disenchant and make big money, but I do see quite a few plate drops and I could get ques faster as a tankAbsolution4 Jul 21, 2011
Jul 21, 2011 Question for Tailors. Regarding your Dreamcloth cooldowns; do any of you sell them? I know that the best stuff you guys can make requires dreamcloth, and that the cooldown is a week long. However I've always been stingy with my gold, so what I tend to do is farm most of what I want in the game manually. That isn't to say I'm not generous with my tips though. xD I ask because I'd like to eventually get a couple of those Luxurious Silk Gem Bags, which I know requires a few Dreamcloth each. I have most of the mats already but I wanted to ask about it first. I could easily imagine that most tailors use the cooldowns for themselves. And if you do sell them, how much do you tend to charge? Just wanting to know what to expect from tailors.Tadkins8 Jul 21, 2011
Jul 21, 2011 Blacksmiths: elementium earthguard = 5 pts? just a simple question... does the Elementium Earthguard give 5 skill points if learned at 520 (first possible level)? I wanted to get the last 5 points, but if I have to make five of these I'll stick to the bloody pyrium. Thanks!Blaid1 Jul 21, 2011
Jul 21, 2011 Skinning or Mining??? Just a quick question across the board; which would make more in the AH? Skinning or Mining? I'd like to think that Mining would make more as more professions benefit from ore but I could be wrong.. any insight would be appreciatedTienti6 Jul 21, 2011