Professions

Jul 31, 2011 Stacking gems So gem's DON'T stack when i make then and blizzard said that right then why is when i make more then one meta why are they stacking? So it's ok for meta's to stack but not the other gems do they think we only make one red gems but ton's of one kind of meta?Toll1 Jul 31, 2011
Jul 31, 2011 Lightweave ICD What is it, does anyone know? Awhile back I read it had been changed to 64s versus the original 45s, is this still the case? Thanks in advanceFreohr3 Jul 31, 2011
Jul 31, 2011 Looking for Gloves - Healing Power I can't find anyone on Blackrock who has this enchantment. I will tip you well and I have the mats if you can enchant my gloves. Just PM me in game.Loquat2 Jul 31, 2011
Jul 31, 2011 Formula: Enchant Chest - Greater Stats (+4) Does anyone know if this formula is still available in game? I've been trying to find it for the past 4 months. I saw a screenshot in the forums about a guy who got this through a sealed casket in a ZA/ZG run, and was hoping I could get one there too, but 30+ runs later, nada :( I'm just hoping to find out if it's still obtainable in game, so I know if i'm searching in vain.Fallencow5 Jul 31, 2011
Jul 31, 2011 Engineers and Cogs Dear Blizzard could engineers please get the ability to add cog slots or replace gem slots with cog slots? The cogs are too good to drop just for a better gs.Garnish0 Jul 31, 2011
Jul 31, 2011 Inscription for Warriors? So, I've got every crafting profession maxed on one of my alts. Except for Inscription. And this warrior is one of the few alts that isn't 80+ yet. Are there any good inscription perks for warriors?Cladeana0 Jul 31, 2011
Jul 31, 2011 Mining trainer in Darnassus? Is there not a mining trainer in Darnassus? Checking with the guards there's no mining on the list. Where do elves/worgen go for miner training?Rykan7 Jul 31, 2011
Jul 31, 2011 JC and Lockpicking? I know rogues, blacksmiths, and engineers have the ability in some way or form to pick locks. Well what about jewelcrafting? It seems completely natural for jewelcrafting to have the option to cut stone or a gem into the shape of a key (all those amberjewels could be used for something useful finally). What does the community think? FYI (I couldn't find the suggestion forums)Jujubeans4 Jul 31, 2011
Jul 30, 2011 New Blacksmithing plans So I was wondering which weapon to craft as my first one and figured I would ask to see if anyone has had luck with finding out which weapon sells faster at a decent price compared to others? Any suggestions? :DLawlsuit0 Jul 30, 2011
Jul 30, 2011 Missing blacksmithing recipes With weapon smithing and armor smithing out of the game, the old recipes that used to be unique to their specialization have seem to disappeared. For nostalgia sake I want to craft myself a Stormherald. I spent a few hours farming the mats, and when i went to track down making it, I found it was removed from the game completely. I asked a GM, but they could only tell me that they were mistakenly removed and would be put back in 'In a future patch'. The GM told me a blue would know better if I posted something here.Rakur0 Jul 30, 2011
Jul 30, 2011 Chaos through JP An idea a guildie brought up, why not make them purchaseable (sp?) Through JP? It becomes essentially useless once you have the gear you need. The herb bag and stack of ore are laughable, maelstroms as well since the prices have tanked. The honor conversion is decent when gear is available, but again, when you have the gear it becomes useless yet again. In wrath frozen orbs and its counterparts were purchaseable through some form of raid/dungeon currency, why haven't they done the same this time around? Considering they are BOP there is a probability (albeit low) that you could run dungeons and feisibly never obtain one, yet every other craftable mat can be purchased somehow. Thoughts? Also apologies on yet another chaos orb thread, however if anything this would reduce the ridiculous amount of QQ regarding these.Trendkill6 Jul 30, 2011
Jul 30, 2011 Engineering Ideas Just a few ideas. Not listing material costs, what type of item it should be (trinket, tinker, etc.) or what-have-you, this is just a brain storm. Please contribute! Gnomish Spider Tank Mine - Burrows into the ground until a nearby enemy activates it, at which point it nearly always chases after the enemy and explodes for x damage. While burrowed the mine is [stealthed/invisible]. Goblin Grappling Retrieval Device - Target a friendly ally or enemy to pull them to you (or you to them). Never gets tangled when firing! [Not 100% on this idea, could be abused in certain situations, but if Death Knights get Death Grip and Priests get that fancy pully thingy... Hey I can wish.] So far, that's it...Ceegen4 Jul 30, 2011
Jul 30, 2011 Level 85 epic Nightmare Tear ... coming? So are people expecting a level 85 version of this when epic gems come out? Because if it does, wouldn't Chim Eye prices skyrocket meaning I should stockpile now?Holyness3 Jul 30, 2011
Jul 30, 2011 Jewelcrafting Token problem. Cataclysm was released on 12/7/2010. 228 days ago. 281 JC tokens are required to buy every pattern that launched with Cataclysm. No JC patterns that require tokens to purchase were added with the 4.2 patch. The only way that currently exists in game to get Jewelcrafting tokens for Cataclysm patterns is the daily quest that awards 1. Assuming you have gotten the skill necessary to get the daily on December 7, have done the daily every single day, and have purchased zero Chimera Eyes, you still have 53 days left of daily quests to have all of the blue quality gem and ring patterns. Keep in mind that our profession bonus is tied to our ability to use three Chimera Eyes at all times, and the rings and necklaces actually require Chimera Eyes to craft. The epic cuts, when released, will cost even more per pattern if they follow the price scheme from Wrath. Anyone else see an issue with this, especially since the professions that actually got new patterns in 4.2 are already able to know all of them?Darien24 Jul 30, 2011
Jul 30, 2011 Skinning Bloated Stomach Drop Rate Has anyone else noticed a substantial drop rate for bloated stomachs while skinning? Skinning is already the least profitable gathering profession. If it was dropped, why?Lyyia1 Jul 30, 2011
Jul 30, 2011 Gem guide? Hello, I am trying to socket a yellow gem socket for a Ret Pally and I can't find anything in the AH. What type of gems will give me either strength or other good bonuses for a yellow gem. If you know of a good gem guide or item guide on other sites please let me know.Andrais4 Jul 30, 2011
Jul 30, 2011 Buy able Living Embers w/ VPs? I would like to know why Living Embers, which are premium mat for the 378 crafted patterns that drop in FL, are not buy able w/ Valor like Primordial Saronite was w/ Frost emblems? New patterns take roughly 4 Living Embers to make and if your in a guild who is not real progressed in FL and downing 1-4 bosses per week, that will make it really tough to get enough embers (rolling on and winning) to craft an item! By making them drop only from raid bosses and no where else, it makes things really difficult for ppl to get the mats to make items unless that is, you have 40k gold to spend on a stack of 4 Living Embers ( 10k ea. on my server), or are in Dream Paragon?Benedictius0 Jul 30, 2011
Jul 30, 2011 am i missing a buff hi guys, I am a bit confused and am in need of help. I am an alchimist and while i get the same buff to my main stat as every other proff does ie +60 int. The thing is mine comes from a flask and i cant then use a flask like the others can so as i cant and they can my question is am i missing a buffDionpally3 Jul 30, 2011
Jul 30, 2011 To make crafting prof's more interesting! Hello, and welcome to "How to make crafting professions like leatherworking more interesting - a guide by Leronroll" In the recent years, professions in world of warcraft - much like classes - have become much more homogenized, in the name of balance. But really, homogenization is just removing features that make something unique - and that's not really balance at all. As I addressed it in my medal of honor 2010 review, "The lazy-man's path to balance". That, and homogenization makes things more boring. What should be done, is give the "boring" professions some things to make them interesting, rather than nerfing the interesting professions to be on the boring par of the boring professions. = ) Let's start with leatherworking and blacksmithing, largely regarded as some of the most dull crafting professions. What do we see for the cataclysm LW recipies when we search for it on wowhead? Well... I see a few craftable epics. Some mail and leather boots / hand items / wrist items and a couple chestpiece items... whoop de do. Most crafters can do that... and the leatherworking leg enhancements. Also, big whoop. Next page... WOTLK gear and some "embossment" special leatherworker bonuses. That's it? Really? Are you serious? Come now! It sounds like someone at blizzard needs some inspiration! Let me help you. Let's scroll a little further back for leatherworkers. There's some craftable drumbs that cannot effect players higher than level 80. Okay, fine, you want people to make the cata variant that requires cata mats. ...but there -is- no cata variant. There are no drumbs post level 80. What? Drumbs of battle? Armor kits? Glove reinforcements? Where dey goez? Howabout this - some PVP recipe items? (blues don't count!). We have several professions capable of covering most aspects of what a character could use, why don't we have any PVP recipies apart from lowly blue items? At the very least, add in some cosmetics. You wouldn't believe how many of my female friends complain to me about lack of outfit variety. While we're on the topic, why can't I bind my appearance to a specific outfit regardless of the gear I currently have on, if I have the outfit items in my possession? On that note, why can't leatherworkers make a pair of nice gnome-hide boots? Do any of you guys remember Alterac Valley? Remember the currency system there you used to use to upgrade your troops? Stormpike soldier blood, and flesh. Here's my recommendation: Add in a PVP crafting currency, automatically looted into your bags when you participate in a kill (I say participate, not landing a killing blow, because healers shouldn't get screwed). The pvp crafting currency should be as follows: Skulls, blood, and flesh. For example, a leatherworker could kill 30 gnomes and automatically recieve 30 gnome skin, and with that, he can craft a pair of swanky gnome-hide boots, and prance around Orgrimmar all day, showing off! Whatabout draenei-hide leather pants, or a dwarf-hide fur coat? So how about blacksmiths? Wouldn't a gnome-skull chair be nice? It's like the mushroom chair or fishing chair, but made out of 100 gnome skulls. Or perhaps something for jewelcrafters, a draenei-skull drinking cup with some shrunken gnome-skull adornments on it? Sounds very fancy in my opinion! So let's talk about blacksmithing. Whatabout skeleton keys? Finding random chests to unlock? Spurs? Weapon chains? I browsed through the wowhead page for blacksmithing, and there's less than one tab's worth for above level 450 blacksmithing recipies. One single weapon chain and shield spike, and the rest was just some craftable, boring gear. Where are the spurs, whips, chains and such? Whips and chains are nice and exciting. I actually made a number of posts regarding crafting professions a while back, mainly focused on blacksmithing, JC, alchemy, and engineering. This was back in WOTLK, before cata released. Unfortunately, things got more homogenized and more boring, rather than less. Please blizzard, fix the professions. Make the boring ones more interesting to put them on-par with the interesting professions, rather than nerfing interesting professions to make them equally boring. Boring everyone equally does not improve the game in any way. Please let me prance around orgrimmar and show off my gnome-hide boots.Leronroll0 Jul 30, 2011
Jul 30, 2011 Make Gems Stack Upon Cutting Is it possible to request for Blizzard to make it such that when you cut a gem, it will add itself to a stack of the same gem? It just kinda sucks sometimes when I cut six gems and they'll eat up six bag slots even if they are the same gem cut. It would be a lot more convenient if they all ate up just one bag slot up until it reached the maximum (20). I mean this is already what happens when you cut two Chimaera's Eyes. They both form just one stack and eat up the same slot so it certainly is possible to make the same thing happen to all the other gems. Pleeeeease. :DMoringa18 Jul 30, 2011
Jul 30, 2011 Bloodied pvp gear not upgraded Just as the title implies my brothers bloodied pvp set did not get upgraded like all of mine did. My question is : is he outa luck an gotta purchase the upgraded starter pvp set from AH or can he perhaps open a ticket n get it upgraded ?Sheepnscoot4 Jul 30, 2011
Jul 30, 2011 Alchemy Worst Profession? Not to level, just in general. And not Arch...that is not up to discussion...sure tons of you will say it, i'm talking about the main professions. Imo...alchemy. it just sucks big time, i don't have any fun with it at all. I have a 525 BS, now that is fun, even farming the mats are fun for me...on my alchemist...well farming sucks theres honestly no point. The pots are w.e, takes a whole lot for only a few gold. My BS..i make 4k a day from selling a shield and all i need to do is get chaos orbs...the mats are like 1.5k-2k so whatever...i only get 2k, which is still nice. Alchemist...I have to farm for hours to get a pot that can sell for 100g. Plus its not like i can just get one herb and make it, need like two or three herbs and some life essence junk to top it off.Xznight35 Jul 30, 2011
Jul 30, 2011 Darkclaw lobsters Anyone know where they are? I looked every where in azshara and where it says on wowhead. But none found yet. Any clues? Mythoshi5 Jul 30, 2011
Jul 30, 2011 Gathering vs Crafting: Is one superior? Hi. Im looking to level two professions that make GOOD bank. Ive been researching and have been told by many that Mining/Skinning makes great money, while some say that JC/Enchanting is amazing money. Im really confused when it comes to professions because i want to have a steady flow of income yet i dont want to commit to the wrong duo of professions. If anyone has any insight into this, or what i should do, PLEASE HELP! Thanks in advance:DCallonis22 Jul 30, 2011
Jul 30, 2011 Archeology needs some attention. So i know i won't get a blue response because they seem to not want to touch the taboo subject of archeology. You know the worst grind ever created in the history of wow, and i have been playing since vanilla so i would know. The drop rates on any usefull items mounts,out dated epics etc is beyond horrendous. Tol'vir drop rate is a joke, you have to get lucky with digsites as it is for tol'vir and then you spend thousands on the hieroglyphs just to end up with 300 cat statues with emeral eyes... 200 night elf solves completed that's roughly 600+ night elf digsites alone and i still have yet to get anything usefull from that, and i am not in the minority here. I could go on but there really is no need to. There is a plethora of ways developers could improve archeology that has been pointed out on these forums repeatedly. The ability to exchange solves for races,the ability to eliminate certain races would be of substantial benefit. Higher droprates on out dated and useless boa gear, and or mounts etc. Why is your brand new profession that was released 8 months ago still untouched? I have decided personally after trying to aquire the god dam scarab mount for many many months day after day after day. I am done with this horrid profession until developers give a #%*# about something in wow again. Currently as is a person could spend a lifetime in search of archeology rewards and never get anything. There is no other profession in wow that has ever been this hard of a grind with an "rng" reward with a proc rate lower then the *#@*ing ashes of al'ar Zyprexxa26 Jul 30, 2011
Jul 30, 2011 Potion of Illusion "fix" So until recently you were able to use the potion of illusion to transform into a look alike of the nearest player (be it a troll, orc, human, moonkin, bear form, or sandstone drake etc) and mount other players 2 seat mounts while still under the effect of the illusion. This lead to many fun scenarios such as stacking sandstone drakes, moonkins riding mammoths, etc. I had always hoped they would increase the time on this effect from 2 mins to something a bit longer. Instead they "fixed" it so that the illusion disapears when you mount a 2 seat mount. Why? What harm was there in this fun? Blizzard claims to be putting the fun back in WoW by doing stupid little things such as add dancing while in pvp. Thats no so much fun as it is being an !@#$%^-. The potion of illusion was fun. But now its significantly less fun. It was the best potion in the game and I really dont see the point in this "fix". I really hope they put it back because it was one of my absolute favorite things to do for fun while messin around with my friends. The reactions we'd get in Orgrimmar were great. Im disapointed BlizzardAlwin5 Jul 30, 2011
Jul 29, 2011 Tailoring or inscription? My alt is going to be a professions alt. I will probably stop at 75. She will a LW+something. Aside from LW I don't have these profs at 525: Inscription Tailoring Gathering profs other than mining Right now she is a skinner because I am on a low pop server without enough low lvl mats. I was wondering what to go for my 2nd profession and I was considering tailoring. I won't be running any later instances just making stuff to sell. Spellthread sells for around 400-600g on my server and volatiles are 9-20g a pop usually. Sometimes I can get fire/life/earth for cheaper.Ryuuguu0 Jul 29, 2011
Jul 29, 2011 leveling archeology so I've been leveling archaeology lately and I get the feeling that grinding in outland is just a hair faster than anywhere else simply because it seems like shorter travel distances between dig sites on average. Anyone have any thoughts about this? bad strategy? or good strategy? I might be missing out on the rares other races have to offerTurdcarnival3 Jul 29, 2011
Jul 29, 2011 Northrend glyph research question I crafted my NR research today and only received 3x agility scrolls. Does this mean I have learned all there is to learn from research? ThanksMaps5 Jul 29, 2011
Jul 29, 2011 Enchanting: Wands Staves and Rods I liked the idea of Enchanters making wands. I'd love to see that expanded and include Staves as well. Just another thing to move a 'player crafted economy' up as well as add excitement to the profession. (Rods, ok, that was a D&D thing 30 years ago for "Plate" classes mostly)Trilha4 Jul 29, 2011
Jul 29, 2011 Magic Lamp crafting fee? I'm selling this pet on a realm mostly dominated by horde players. Any idea what would be considered a decent crafting fee?Ghoulkomati5 Jul 29, 2011
Jul 29, 2011 Pattern Drop in Firelands - INCREASE DROP % Why oh why do BOE's drop in Firelands like candy and patterns don't. What is the point in having a profession if you can't craft anything?. You force crafters to BUY the BOE from someone else, simply because of luck. Lower the chance for BOE's to drop in Firelands and INCREASE the drop rate for craftable patterns. Thanks in advance.Spells6 Jul 29, 2011
Jul 29, 2011 Mining and Herbing I have often mine and herb in many areas and its always the same thing!!!! People are so rude? Why can't WOW do something about the people who fly down and steal mines and herbs? It does not do any good to report them as they say there is nothing they can do? My suggestion is why cant WOW make the mines and herbs belong to a person who clicks on them for a 20 second period or so? This way the person who clicks on it first has a chance to collect the mine and herb before someone else steals it? I find myself fighting before I can get a mine or herb and while I fight the mine and herb is taken by someone? I know this seems trivial but it always happens and Blizz needs to do something to people who steal from others or stop it another way?Wenug5 Jul 29, 2011
Jul 29, 2011 engineering 530? So noticed today I could de engineer the Foe Reaper 5000 in heroic deadmines. Or Not I need an engineering skill level of 530, does anyone know how to get there, or is this just another glitch Blizz has not fixed?Oresmith8 Jul 29, 2011
Jul 29, 2011 What's the plan for scaling engineer for 4.2? Subject says it all. When new pvp and pve gear come out how will the engineering helm scale? Will new cogs come out for it as well as a new recipe? If not engineering will become considerably more useless correct?Vanilaice20 Jul 29, 2011
Jul 29, 2011 Market for gathering professions dwindling? I know that each realm has their own individual economy but across the game has there been a dwindling demand for crafted items and in turn a dwindling demand for ore, herbs, and skins? Especially higher level ones? Glenlivet6 Jul 29, 2011
Jul 29, 2011 So, Chaos Orbs... An age old question. Awhile back, I remember seeing a blue post that stated Chaos Orbs were going to be unbound, 'soon'. So, I am inquiring. When we will see Chaos Orbs unbound? Either BoA or similar to Frozen Orbs, etc. Yes, I know they may be for current content now, and possibly be unbound due to the next raid tier. I just would like specifics, as probably the rest of the community. ;p Cheers.Kagê4 Jul 29, 2011
Jul 29, 2011 Gathering vs Crafting (Gold) I was wondering, which professions make the most gold? I have skinning/herbs on my 85 rogue and skinning/mining on my DK. Would it be better to switch to crafting professions like say Enchanting or JC? Would they make me more gold? I am just trying to decide if it is worth re-doing my professions or just stick with what I have. I don't know if this matters, but I am not really into raiding so I don't have access to any recipes that would be obtained through raiding. I only raid once in a blue moon. What would you guys recommend for someone who typically pvps, heroics, occasionally raids, etc. for making gold? Stick with the gathering profs or take up some sort of crafting ones? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.Kanos4 Jul 29, 2011
Jul 29, 2011 quick question... I'm leveling up a new priest, But this far into cata not sure which Production profession is the big money makers still....I know after a new expac release LW and Tailor do well with the enchants and such so not sure if that is still the case. Is tailor still doing well with the market or should I lvl something else?Lowden1 Jul 29, 2011
Jul 29, 2011 Gathering Professions Buff? I'm not saying the gathering professions are broken and I know I am bringing logic into a fantasy game, but it seems to me that the more skilled you become at a gathering profession, the more material you should get from it. Take mining for instance. You would think that an Illustrious Grand Master (IGM) miner could get more copper out of a vein than a Journeyman miner. I mean, the IGM is a grizzled old miner from the 49er days that knows the tricks of his trade. He knows how to squeeze every bit from that vein or river bed. The Journeyman is some wet-behind-the-ears sap looking to make a quick buck because his uncle struck it rich at Sutter's Mill (and I say that with the utmost affection because I, too, was once a Journeyman miner). So whereas the Journeyman mines roughly 3 copper ore from one vein, the IGM would get 10. The same idea can be extrapolated for skinning, herbalism, and fishing. Shoot! Even cooking! Granted, Blizz has implemented this idea somewhat with the "Rich" veins, but it would be a cool upgrade, in my opinion. This has probably been suggested countless times, but I've never seen a thread. What do y'all think?Valpin0 Jul 29, 2011
Jul 29, 2011 Engineering Backfire (Question, not QQ) I was browsing the tanking forum and someone did a bit of testing and seemed to find that the Grounded Plasma Shield tinker no longer backfires. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2878400833?page=2#26 Can anyone confirm/disprove this? I would love to have this tinker but I've been too scared of backfires to risk it.Faid4 Jul 29, 2011
Jul 29, 2011 reasonable price for Brainsplinter? i want one but they all seem so expensive? any1 want to hook me up with a good price? haTringo1 Jul 29, 2011
Jul 29, 2011 Best place to farm Frostweave cloth? Dont feel like spending 75g a pop. Know of any good spots? Please and Thank You!Pepsì5 Jul 29, 2011
Jul 29, 2011 Thirty-Minute Ink Queue, What to do? So, I have about 1800 [Ashen Pigments] to make into Inks. What should I do for the half hour this is going to take?Gumibear4 Jul 29, 2011
Jul 29, 2011 No Love for Tailor So new FL gear is out. Leather gets a but load of new patterns don't even have to farm FL trash, same with plate.... I see plate gets the most again, not to mention weapons added to list. No Love for the Cloth Wearing Toons again. lol just annoyed.Malicorsrage7 Jul 29, 2011
Jul 29, 2011 profession help i am a pve soloist and does regular solo or group quests only, liike explores a lot and likes to be a damage dealer or killing machine. i am not very good in managing my gold in auction houses. what professions should i take?Shinimaho1 Jul 29, 2011
Jul 29, 2011 Was the Mysterious Potion nerfed? Since 4.2, I've been getting about 9k from the potion, when before 4.2 I was getting more like 13k. I'm still a max level alchemist with the alchemist's stone trinket. Edit: Nevermind.. they just increased the randomness.. Used to always be right around 13k, now I can get between 9k or 17k. Usually 9. :-\Ehcks0 Jul 29, 2011
Jul 29, 2011 i hate forgetting to hand in my jc dailies... T_T it's so frustrating, i can't cut jack !@#$ yet and that pisses me off so much argh i wish all recipies were BoP world drops as well as token purchased :<Sebasti10 Jul 29, 2011
Jul 29, 2011 Bountiful bags - add Fishing please Hey Blizzard Fishing developer, I would like to put you to work. =) I know this has been requested before but I'm adding my vote. Add fishing to bountiful bags, please!Spindrift0 Jul 29, 2011
Jul 29, 2011 [JC] Ogrezonians in the Mood, perfect cuts The daily Jewelcrafting quest mentioned in the title requires the player to cut and then turn in 3 Jagged Jasper. Unfortunately, cutting Perfect Jagged Jasper will not count for the turn in part of the quest. Would it be possible to allow for Perfect Jagged Jasper to be turned in? I don't think Marith would mind getting a little extra.Anivus6 Jul 29, 2011