Professions

May 11, 2011 Patch 4.2 skinning blehSendrunna4 May 11, 2011
May 11, 2011 Leatherworking - Dragonscale leg enchant Just wondering how much these are going for on other servers, ours are still at 1kgold and just kinda seems like its weird, and if anyone knows where a good place to farm Blackened Dragonscale if you could tell me :D.Idpsutank9 May 11, 2011
May 11, 2011 Best profs to powerlevel? Im looking to level 2 skill profs on an alt that is 84, and was wondering what are the best/cheapest ones to powerlevel nowadays? thanks guys!Deveritas5 May 11, 2011
May 11, 2011 Tailoring Right now, I have enchanting and tailoring for my professions. I love having my enchanting, no complains there. My tailoring however, I'm having a hard time justifying. I was thinking this toward the end of wrath, and the advice I generally got was to wait for cataclysm and see how the professions changed. I am still unimpressed with tailoring. Right now, I use it for: The cloak enchant for 580 int for 15 sec (as opposed to the enchanting +50 int perm) Occassional crafting for RP pieces (I play on an RP server) Money. The cloak enchant I only use for raiding by the way, when I do pvp (and these are both casually, mind you) I use a cloak with spell pen on it. If I dropped tailoring, I'd likely pick up alchemy. Mixology would be nice for raiding, and the flask of enhancement for pvp. Also, I could drop cauldrons of battle then (which is extremely inconvenient for 10 man groups like ours, being BoP for some reason). I'm mostly hesitant because of the time and money I've sunk into tailoring getting obscure patterns. I hardly ever use the carpets though, and money isn't really an issue. Thoughts?Augusten5 May 11, 2011
May 11, 2011 Engineer could help group and raid playing How to?? Simple if only it was possible for engineer coule create gnomish or gnome radio or something lime this. That special item give access to general chat of a specific Town from anywhere in the world. Engineer could make little money too by selling battery pack to run these radios... I thing this solution can be benefic to forming raid, quest and others instance group. And engineer could finally make money by selling something interesting. That's all, hope you like the idea!Titedents2 May 11, 2011
May 11, 2011 help with blacksmithing 525 um i dont really know whats up but i can only get patterns up to 500 and there are no quest givers like in jc how am i suppost to get cool things like the new belt buckleBublebut3 May 11, 2011
May 11, 2011 Tailoring QQ I see myself as an obsessive tailor and in general crafter. I have been trying my whole WoW career to obtain all the patterns in the game. Unfortunately, a lot of the older patterns have been taken out of the game (QQ!!) so now my collection feels incomplete :_( I personally would love to see a return of these patterns. I realize all the patterns that went *poof* were obsolete but I'm sure I'm not the only person who likes to collect things like these. Also, being on an RP server, having some of these old patterns would have been pretty neat to have not to mention the ability to boast that I will indeed have anything tailoring related anyone could ever want or need. It's a long shot and my plea will probably be dismissed but PLEASE bring back the old craftable sets!!!Skyriver3 May 11, 2011
May 11, 2011 Gnomish or Goblin Engi? For a warrior tank? Discuss. I'm pondering goblin for the explosives both in use for AoE threat in a pinch and maybe towards damage on my dps spec inbetween cooldowns/etc. Dunno.Soferan5 May 11, 2011
May 11, 2011 Engineering 1-525 cost Now I know all our economies are different, but in your experience how much has engineering cost you to level? I have about 13k saved up right now and I know the tinkers can really boost my healing, not to mention they are fun! But I'm not sure if I want to spend nearly all my gold on a profession. TL;DR How much did engineering cost you to level from 1-525?Tulstoh6 May 11, 2011
May 11, 2011 Engineering Can we get a new item for engineers that use Chaos orbs and adresses mass milling/prospecting/DE problems. Much like profession bags these magic fantastic engineering marvels make your life easier. Ore-crush-a-tron - Box you can put x stacks of ore in to crush at a time, prints reciept to chat of mats consumed and produced. Mortar-rific-atom-a-tron - For herbs. Rocket-sparkle-powderiser - For Enchanters. Shockachu5 May 11, 2011
May 11, 2011 Where do death knights get profession trainer Hi, made a brand new death knight.. and I want to get those professions started off as soon as possible (for example skinning/mining). Where is the closest possible death knight location where you can get any/all professions started off? Especially fishing/cooking/gathering/etc. just to get them started as soon as possible. Of course my other characters will be mailing all kinds of gear to get her started off.. especially low level starting stuff. I finally have a character who WILL actually use all my leftover sharpening stones.. why not, yer stuck with a giant 2h sword for a long time, right? Any buff is a good buff.. Thank God they start with first aid, that is awesome and saves time and hassle.. makes sense.Solemnoath7 May 11, 2011
May 11, 2011 Chef's Awards... WTF... Is there any way to get more chef's awards besides the 1 daily that only gives you 1 chef's award a day? This seems to be a really big pain and just makes it difficult to supply a weekly raid when you can only get a recipe for someone once every 3-5 days.Dúbs8 May 11, 2011
May 11, 2011 Archaeology Item Question Just got a easy question, hopefully, So recently been into Archaeology and been getting alot of the Epic BOA's and Rares. My question, once I've obtained an item will that item come again, or once I've gotten it I won't get it again and simply be stuck doing the "greys"?Akronis2 May 11, 2011
May 11, 2011 [Inscription] Books of Glyph Mastery Howdy. I was considering taking up inscription, and I was wondering if there are any plans on adding Books of Glyph Mastery drops to Cataclysm mobs? Either that, or making all discoverable ones available at the trainer any time soon? Kind of ridiculous to have to go grind level 70-80 Northrend mobs, that have a very low chance of dropping them, to get the over 40 discoverable recipes that no other profession has to do.Platu45 May 11, 2011
May 11, 2011 Where is the healer tailoring epic stuff? Where is the healer tailoring epic stuff? Oh wait theres a freaking belt... but oh... you can easily get an epic belt form hyjal rep so.. what you want me to do?? drop my tailor and go mining with my priest? At least if i can't get any usefull gear i can buy ores and sell bars in the AH for money! These professions are screwed! OBS: Oh priests are all messed, lets finish the job then and make tailoring useless for them too!Okuspokus13 May 11, 2011
May 11, 2011 Shadow Oil Where can the recipe be found? I've tried searching the Forums. I've tried various websites. They only show the old locations. Does anybody know? I don't care if it's a limited item from a vendor.Hezpakuti9 May 11, 2011
May 11, 2011 Recipe: Spotted Yellowtail - GONE! Used to be sold by Gikkix in Steamweedle Port. Now that's under water. I looked all over Gadgetzan and Tanaris, the likely places for him to retreat to, and he is no where to be found. This was (IS) an important part of the level up process for us cooks who are training new cooks before Cataclysm launches. Please put this back in the game and let us know where it's at! Thanks!Sou18 May 11, 2011
May 11, 2011 Bring Back Lady Palanseer ! It seems that Blizz has removed this NPC (along with all her PVP patterns) from the game. I am sure the same has been done for the Ally side as well. What was the reason behind this? Would really love to see her brought back, or her patterns assigned to someone else in game for sale.Serval0 May 11, 2011
May 11, 2011 complaint/sugestion/question I am posting this all here beciuase I can not find a suggestions forums here at the new forum spot. Question: Why would Blizz take away the engineering enchants/tinkering on boots and other stuff? Complaint: This makes no sense, nerfing a profession so we have to spend more gold. After 4.0.1 we lost enchants and now you take enchants away on purpose, so I have to spend even more gold. It took more than 2K to fix everything from 4.0.1 and now I have to replace enchants raising the total. Sugestion: Please do something to fix this because, it is ridiculous for engineers to buy enchants when other professions get to keep theirs. Oresmith12 May 11, 2011
May 11, 2011 Origami Dragon Flying mount. Requires 525 Inscription to create. Make it happen please.Candsong14 May 11, 2011
May 11, 2011 Help guild fishing event Ok so we haven't been "aggressive" in getting our 10k fish. Sitting at 6500 I decided I wanted to host a guild fishing event to create some competition and help us complete this achieve. I want to start the tourney next tues at 7 server and let it run through maybe Friday night. I'm giving away gold for 1-3, a japan relief pet for first, and a maelstrom crystal for every 100 fish caught. My issue is very simple, how the he'll do I track this. There has to be some way track the fish caught over a period of time, even if I just have to trust they did it in pools. My guild is pretty small and I really don't see a bunch of cheating going on, but some type of verification would be nice.Mellk6 May 11, 2011
May 11, 2011 Gnomish gravity Well Anyone able to use this ? I made one and it says I lack the skill to use it. It req: is Gnome Engin 500 / Mine is 536.Barbaque5 May 11, 2011
May 11, 2011 Engineering Tinkers Im just curious, as its going to be the deciding factor on me picking up Eng or not, Do the tinkers take up an enchant spot? Are there any that do/dont depending on which it is? if I tinker with my gear, does it mean I cant get it enchanted? Ive asked around and have heard both being said, which really didnt really help. thanksKiiga3 May 11, 2011
May 11, 2011 Trade Skill Storage First off I would love to thank blizzard Entertainment for the many years of developing master pieces and the in depth in game play in which they apply. I am an advid skiller in many things such as jewel crafting, black smithing and much more. me and my wife find it appealing to our play style however one issue still remains and that's available space for trade skilling. Any and all tradeskillers require additional space in which to store their creations. Perhaps an idea that might prove useful is a Trade Skill Bank venders. Example of this is say your an Enchanter and desire a storage specific to that skill, make a banker for each and every skill class and make it so people can store their materials and only their materials. Basically a skiller can purchase a bank/tab for their proffession and place what they need. guild banks are a wonderful method but if you have a semi big guild those items can clog up the bank. This is only an idea which might not be possible but Blizz staff are welcome to e-mail or in game mail me any questions regarding this idea I am more than wiling to provide my input.Lëstat4 May 11, 2011
May 11, 2011 professional fisherman In my opinion, the end level fishing skill would indeed make that character a professional fisherman, talented in all aspects of fishing. My question is, why, when fishing pools, can't we cast directly into the school of fish on the first cast and every cast after.Dktr2 May 11, 2011
May 11, 2011 What to do with Zephyrites? What the heck do i do with these things? I xmute Carnelians, Sell Nightstones, and jewelry/DE Alicite, Jasper, and Hessonite (sell them if its the daily) Zephyrites I can't seem to do anything useful with. Help!Supfreshh4 May 11, 2011
May 11, 2011 Can leatherworking get an upgrade? I don't know if I am the only one, but leather-working seems like it could use a change. my gf has 325 skinning and only 127 leather-working. This is mostly because she ends up spending hours repeatedly killing the same animals just to get leather scraps that turn into the leather. then when she gets enough mat to make an item, she has leveled up from killing so many creatures that she doesn't need it anymore. I am not saying make it totally easy, just change the amount of mat per skinning you get so its more useful in the long run. I think this would encourage more leather-workers and make it seem more fun. Kelamori14 May 11, 2011
May 10, 2011 Gemcutting racial passive As I explored the new layout of the wow community site, I came across the professions page. Being a JC on multiple toons, I decided to check out that section. That's when I read the description of the dranei racial passive gemcutting and realized it does not do what it says once you are past the uncommon (green) level of gems. There is no quality gain or quantity gain from this racial passive past uncommon level gems. There are no perfect inferno, emerald, amberjewel, etc cuts. There are no procs of extra gems ever from cuts. The description of the dranei gemcutting racial passive is as follows: "Cut and prepare gems, improving the bonuses they provide for socketed items". Essentially this "bonus" only applies in the phase where most players are not even gemming to begin with as they are too lazy or cheap to socket quickly replaced gear anyway. I would say this is not really a bonus at all as the only real effect is extra cost to level the profession for those additional 10 skill points required to get max level. That sounds like a penalty instead of a bonus.Nelliel12 May 10, 2011
May 10, 2011 So the new profession patterns with 4.2 Will they only drop from raids? I'd rather not have the option of raid or pay 50k for them on AH. Personally, I hope they do with these what they did with the patterns for end of wrath - those were available for Primordial Saronite. You could get PS from raid boss drops or Frost badges/emblems (forget the right term...) I'd be completely open to spending valor points on the new patterns. Whether it be directly or via purchasing some other form of currency that would normally come off of boss drops (think PS). Please make it so blizzard! This non-rich non-raiding customer would love it :)Ghatok5 May 10, 2011
May 10, 2011 Mining or Herbalism on a Rogue with Skinning? Just wondering, I mean purely for making gold.Oni11 May 10, 2011
May 10, 2011 Jewelcrafting Gem Price Nerf I've noticed that alot of the catalysm rare gem vendor prices have been lowered from 9g to 75silver. Upon doing so it's made jewelcrafting an utterly useless profession for farming gold. As it is, selling gems on the AH is fail because of S&D but yet blizzard finds another way to piss us JCers off. For those that have blacksmithing/tailoring/leatherworking will be making atleast 1k extra gold per hour they farm than jewelcrafting. This nerf has made me not want to continue playing WoW, farming gold was already a pain before the patch now it's just become asinine. I will not be reinstating my subscription. The thing about selling the gems to the vendor rather than just selling in AH is, If there is already 500 gems on the ah and you put another 15 up, 1 hour later someone undercuts you and etc making them the same price as the vendor sale price.Phaeria21 May 10, 2011
May 10, 2011 Skinning while leveling - Hyjal vs Vashj'ir Almost got this guy up to cata content. Which zone has more skinning opportunities?Tanthalast12 May 10, 2011
May 10, 2011 tauren druids and herbalism. Sheadow2 May 10, 2011
May 10, 2011 Enchants Don't know if this is the right spot but.... What enchants can/do you put on my BoA gear I'm wearing? Cheers.Arose5 May 10, 2011
May 10, 2011 [Tailoring] Dreamweave set - Wildvine n/a I am trying to get some wildvine for my Dreamweave set as a tailor. I logged on my herbalist druid and started visiting all these zones that are associated with Purple Lotus and the Trolls that usually drop the wildvine. The ruins, such as Jin'thalor or the ones in STV, usually are the sites where Purple Lotus is found. To my surprise, there is absolutely no purple lotus to be found, and all of them are either dissapeared or replaced with bruiseweed. And neither the Trolls in Hinterlands, nor the ones in STV drop wildvine.. AH you say? None for sale in past 20 hours. I would be grateful if someone could show me the light.. Have you found any wildvine since cata? If you did, how and where? TYThorgan9 May 10, 2011
May 10, 2011 Jewelcrafting Currency I would like to know why oh why is it that Jewelcrafting seems to be the only profession that you have to do a daily in order to get currency to buy our recipes?? (Yes I know that some others do require dailies to get recipes, BUT they at least reward sometimes 2 or 3 currency) And with that we only get 1 daily that we can do and each recipe costs minimum 2 tokens? So where other professions are able to get all their recipes pretty much out of the gate with no hinderance. And we in jewelcrafting must spend countless days doing 1 daily and waiting then doing the daily the next day and we take months just to get our recipes!! This is completely ridiculous in my opinion!! Basically make JC a waste of time to do as it can't be fully useful for months as we can't get recipes. I don't understand why other professions can use things like leather, cloth, etc. to buy their respective recipes and we are stuck doing 1 single daily to get 1 piece of currency. Extremely disappointed with how blizzard constantly does this, they did the same thing in WOTLK until long into the expansion where they actually pulled their heads out of the sand long enough to actually come up with the "Titanium Powder" that we could prospect at least and earn enough to buy our recipes that way. Another looooooong wait for Blizzard to actually pull their heads out of the sand again and actually wake up and see that yet again they short changed the JC profession.Scourgblight7 May 10, 2011
May 10, 2011 Starter Professions? I would just like some opinions on a set of professions that would be best for me. Going back to Alliance with a 28 Mage, so, I'm not exactly swimming in gold. I had picked up Mining/Jewelcrafting because I figured gems are something I would be spending gold on, on a regular basis, and that would help me save gold. Though I've been reading of the JC nerfs, and am thinking it won't be quite a money maker. Herb/Inscrip, maybe?Praystatiøn3 May 10, 2011
May 10, 2011 bring back craftable bop's there is almost no point to having a crafting profession aside from the special function it provides which is cool they have these but still would like to be crafting actual gear. remember the sword/mace/axe from the burning crusade those items were really cool. they werent the best but they were damn good for awhile. i it would also be nice is maybe some of the best gear in the game was craftable from raid drop patterns or something. boe's i mean.Tush7 May 10, 2011
May 10, 2011 Where to farm Frostweave Cloth? I've been reading on wowhead on where to farm, and I've gone to ALL of those places. In total of ALL those places I've found: Sholazar Basin- The Lost Lands- Complete dead spots, the mobs seem to have no loot table ICC- The Bombardment-Complete dead spot, the mobs seem to have no loot table The Conflagration-Low Droprates, was getting about 1-4 every 8 or 9 mobs Sindragosa's Fall-Low Droprates, 1 every 5 mobs and very spaced out Savage Ledge-Aweful drop rate, 1 out of the entire clear of the area Zul'drak- The Argent Stand-Moderate droprates, was getting a fairly decent amount, but the mobs are too spread out and takes a while for them to respawn. Roughly the same per hour as The Conflagration. Instances: Gundrak-about 15 mobs in total that have a low drop rate through out the entire istance Drak'Tharon Keep- about 3 cloth in the entire instance (full clear) Utgarde Keep-low drop rate So far today, 4 hours of camping has got me 134 cloth in total. This is with the tailoring bonus to get cloth. Perhaps I'm lucky? Am I just going to the wrong spots? Did blizz ninja nerf the drop rate?Haromirjr10 May 10, 2011
May 10, 2011 Should I drop LW for Alch? 4.2? LW sucks. It offers nothing that I can't get from any other profession (+80 primary stat). Should I drop it for Alchemy so I can get the trink? I already have 1 alchemist so I'm not sure if it'd be a waste, losing my only LW. Will 4.2 offer new recipes only wearable by LWs, thus making it worthwile to keep it for a little longer? Or should I chuck Skinning?Eeko1 May 10, 2011
May 10, 2011 Enchanting overhaul idea So, I was thinking. All of the crafting professions are essentially the same. It would be nice if we could add some variety to how things are done, and in my opinion, the best crafting profession to start with would be enchanting - since the original intent of this profession was to not be a crafting profession anyway. As it stands, enchanting is basically jewelcrafting but without the jewlery, and enchanters 'prospect' vendor trash instead of valuable ore. There isn't really a way to change this fact, so my approach here is more to do with implementation. Moreover, the main problem with both of these professions is that the gems/reagents you get immediately from prospecting/disenchanting are generally more valuable than anything you can make out of them: unless of course you are one of the first to get some new awesome recipe. What if disenchanted reagents were Bind-on-pickup? This would mean that the primary source of revenue for enchanters would have to be enchanting, which is consistent with the title of the profession. It would offer a unique twist to the profession as it would mean that enchanters have to actually acquire their mats on their own, but in return, they may set their services at whatever price they want - rather than estimating costs based on the price of reagents on the AH. In the long run, this would also benefit other professions, as "uncommon" quality gear would become something enchanters need to have a lot more of, which gives these other professions incentive to craft them and post them to the AH en mass, making it a little easier to level other professions. Of course, this sort of makes enchanting a little harder to level, so it may be a good idea to reduce the material costs of a lot of enchants, particularly the lower level ones?Search5 May 10, 2011
May 10, 2011 Addon: Compares Your Auctions to Competitor's So I posted a gem on the AH, and by the time I went back and searched it to make sure it was still the cheapest, I was undercut. So I canceled this auction, reposted, and was undercut again. Yes, I could have stayed there all day doing this, but I was pretty sure that this person hadn't just happened to see that I undercut him. So, I whispered to him, and got him to admit that he used an addon to "kind of" warn him of undercutters. Is there any addon that you know of that shows your auctions on the auctions tab next to the cheapest of the same item so that you can quickly see all of your auctions and those of your competitors? Or something that warns you of undercutters while you are at the AH?Karster4 May 10, 2011
May 10, 2011 Could the Enchanting Market be more broken? Let's face it; ZA/ZG heroic runs are being run far more than regular heroics nowadays. This leads to an almost 0 influx of heavenly shards in the market as there are no rares being won anymore. There are literally hundreds of maelstrom crystals on the TN AH right now yet FOUR heavenly shards up. You need both a battery and gas to power a car (traditionally speaking) and one doesn't really function without the other. Same goes for maelstrom crystals and heavenly shards. I have 20 maelstrom crystals, great! I can't do anything with them besides buy recipes. Blizzard had it right back in BC when the lower bosses of a heroic would drop rares and the final boss would drop the epics. If only they were smart enough to stick to this system as it was a smart way of dealing with not only enchanting mats but also raid progression/gearing, but that is another topic entirely. TLDR: We need heavenly shards plx. void shatter?Hexluthor7 May 10, 2011
May 10, 2011 Druids and Archeology... Dear Blizz, Curious on why this is how it is... I am a feral druid I love archeology and I usually run around and do it in cat form so I can swipe away annoying aggros however one thing I never got is why I can search for artifacts in cat/bear/travel form, I can complete artifacts in cat/bear/travel form and but for SOME REASON picking up an artifact shifts me out of cat/bear/travel form.... Is there going to be a fix for this annoyance?Lovetruck3 May 10, 2011
May 10, 2011 Archaeology 4.1: What are the new Rares? I've been looking around and havent found anything on the new Arch items that are supposed to be available. Has anyone found anything new yet, and is there another place to see what they are since Wowhead's Arch page hasn't been updated?Andarin6 May 10, 2011
May 10, 2011 BLACKSMITHING!!! No More stormherald? I lvl'd my blacksmithing to 375 then found out that i can't learn thunder-stormherald... is this a glitch or was it intended?Droodwitch1 May 10, 2011
May 10, 2011 Milling and Prospecting Need to have their functionality changed. As of now it's one of the most labor intensive aspects of professions, and if you're, say, milling 100% stacks of herbs, you're bound to have sore wrists at best ,carpal tunnel syndrome at worst. My suggestion is, to my mind, a simple fix- have both abilities function like Smelting. Have a menu select how many herbs/ores you want milled/prospected, and let the game do it for you.Dreadmight16 May 10, 2011
May 10, 2011 Leather working problems. The cost of leather to make certain items to level your leatherworking is really high compared the amount of leather looted per skin compared to that of another profession, say herblism herb'in a node would giv u 2 - 4 pieces of that herb, but with LW you get 1-2 pieces of leather when a recipe requires 3-10 pieces to get 1 skill up, i find this rediculous.Stocke19 May 10, 2011
May 10, 2011 Set Number of Archaeology Solves for Rares? I am not sure if this has been brought up but I was wondering why there cannot be a set amount of solves for rares within each race? Say, for instance, there could be a tracker within the archaeology window that says " X solves until next rare". The next rare you would get would be random but when you finally solved for all of the rares except for the one you really need, there is still hope that you will get it. I only bring this up because certain gear of item level 359 will be outdated within the next major content patch and the amount of time and luck required to get some of these items at the moment can be extreme.Alerex11 May 10, 2011
May 10, 2011 New profession: Diplomacy Okay I was thinking for this at low levels it would let you gain rep quicker with groups. at later levels let you gain rep with minor opposite faction groups but it gets better at master diplomat you can learn linguistics which lets you speak the opposite factions common language and at max skill level you would be able to earn rep with major opposite faction groups, trade with members of the opposite faction and even party with them Dîvîne7 May 10, 2011