Professions

Jun 29, 2011 book of glyph mastery glyphs i had read previously that the intent was to change book of glyph mastery learned glyphs so that you could do research instead of obtaining the books. i've been looking through the patch notes and i don't think i saw that. am i missing it or did this change not get implemented yet?Racklinc5 Jun 29, 2011
Jun 29, 2011 JC: What Price to Buy Ore for Prospecting I play on Kil'Jaeden (high population), and after patch 4.1, the price of ore changed and I didn't know when to buy it. Now in patch 4.2, I still don't know when to buy ore to prospect, and feel as if I wait until it is too cheap and therefore I don't have enough ore. What price should I buy pyrite, elementium, and obsidium ore? P.S. I usually cut and auction rares, transmute uncommons to metas to cut and auction, and sell remaining jasper, nightstone, and zephyrite when it is needed for the JC daily.Karster10 Jun 29, 2011
Jun 29, 2011 Inscription question Has anyone tried selling class glyph sets? If so how well did it go and how did you go about it? Was thinking about maybe trying it on my paladin but wasn't sure if it was more logical to just continue to try to just stay on top of AH.Hopesfall2 Jun 29, 2011
Jun 29, 2011 Inscription research Did anyone else notice that both forms of research are now teaching the recipes formerly learned only through Books of Glyph Mastery? I was pleasantly surprised, but also surprised that there was no mention in the patch notes. Get researching!Bambogia1 Jun 29, 2011
Jun 29, 2011 [Suggestion] New Feast I'd like to suggest that a new feast be added to the game. This feast would be exactly equal to the Seafood Magnifique Feast in the stats that it provides, but it would require ingredients that are obtainable by killing/looting creatures. I suggest this because the monotony of fishing is simply unbearable to me, yet if I want to get feasts to help out my guild I have to fish. It's diminishing the amount of fun I have in the game. Grinding out mats by killing creatures is something that I find somewhat enjoyable, and it's certainly much more engaging than fishing. Adding a new feast like this would allow me and those like me to contribute to our guilds, while still allowing those who enjoy fishing to do the same via the current feast. As a side-note, I felt the same way in Wrath of the Lich King with the Fish Feast, but I thought that maybe it would only endure for that expansion. Since it seems as though "fish feasts" are going to be a mainstay in every expansion, though, I strongly suggest that the developers add in an alternative for those of us who want to provide feasts for our guilds, but who do not enjoy fishing.Giarra10 Jun 29, 2011
Jun 29, 2011 bloodthirsty cloaks Where do you get LW recipe for the new bloodthirsty cloaks (fur and hide)? I looked at leather supplies in SW last night, but no recipe for purchase. ThanksVaelarrus3 Jun 29, 2011
Jun 29, 2011 My gems stack?! Did not see this coming. WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE edit: looks like you have to do it manually. But still. See above.Tyrazsun9 Jun 29, 2011
Jun 29, 2011 Skinning while Leveling What is the best zone progression path from 80-85 in order to get the most skin able quest mobs? ie will Hyjal or Vashj'ir have more skin able mobs that I'll kill while questing? Should i do both and just skip Deepholm since it has little to no skin able mobs?Milkarevenge2 Jun 29, 2011
Jun 29, 2011 {Suggestion} An Engineering Compromise OK, so it looks like we won't be getting goggle upgrades in this expac either. How about a new tinker? A vanity only helm tinker to make your current helm look like engineering goggles. Why not? Druids have a minor glyph that lets them keep thier Tree Form. I've never liked any of the helm appearences and I like keeping my hair down. Removing the helm in the interface options is a pain because I carry around several RP outfits and every time I want to wear one, I have to it back on. It doesn't sound like much of a challange for a skilled goblin to design. (Gnomes, I'm not so sure. =P) Nupe0 Jun 29, 2011
Jun 29, 2011 Arch will die. This is the biggest problem with arch for sure. I have seen on forums a couple of people that got one or more of the 85 BOA weapons before they even hit 500 skill. One guy said he did arch only for the 2 hander and got it at 460 and is pretty much done with it : ( Then you have the people putting 100+ hours into it and still nada. I have heard some people say "Blizz isn't handing out epics anymore". What the hell do you call that then? Seems like a handout to me if you barley have to do anything for it, your just a lucky person. At least raise the chance that it will come up if you have "solved" a certain amount with a race. Like after 300 Night elf solves the chance for it to come up goes from .01 to 1 or 2 percent. If you don't do something arch will die. Honestly after having solved over 700 pieces now and hitting god only knows how many dig sites. What an average of about 12 fragments per site and average of 35 fragments a solve (not including rares). /shivers I will NOT do this again on any other character. It is a good idea but pure RNG is a bad way to go. Fix it before no one even bothers anymore.Àsh43 Jun 29, 2011
Jun 29, 2011 Archaeology quests Since most ilvl 359 Archaeology epics will be dead/obsolete this coming patch 4.2, I'm suggesting Blizzard create Archaeology quests that takes ilvl 359 epics and some archaeology items (i.e. keystones) and rewards a higher ilvl equivalent of the corresponding epic. Much like Violet Eye rings, Dalaran rings, Ashen Verdict rings, etc. Example: Required Items: 1 Ring of the Boy Emperor (ilvl 359) 20 Tol'vir Hieroglyphic (Tol'vir keystone) 5 Soapstone Scarab Necklace (Tol'vir common solve) 5 Sketch of a Desert Palace (Tol'vir common solve) Reward: 1 Ring of the Boy Emperor (ilvl 372) Not only does it make Archaeology alive again, but it also gives sense to the common solves, and also making all time time we spent on the epics not wasted just because new content came out. I sincerely hope Blizzard will consider these kinds of suggestions. EnylEnyl5 Jun 29, 2011
Jun 29, 2011 New arch race? INFO PEOPLE!!! What are the new gag items? and what continent do you find the fragments form?Resistance6 Jun 29, 2011
Jun 29, 2011 best PvP gems to get for profit? Okay so as we all know. the new arena season is just around the corner. And that means new PvP gear. And it also means lots of people wanting enchants and gems.. So i got all the enchants covered for profit. But the thing is i don't know what gems to stock up on for $$. So far the only pvp gem i have is the +40 resil.Jazan1 Jun 29, 2011
Jun 29, 2011 Nothing for engineers...srsly srsly guis...srslyNojawmcgraw14 Jun 29, 2011
Jun 29, 2011 Give Blacksmiths their keyrings back! I know I am just #!@!!ing, but I do use they keys that I make with blacksmithing and now they are all over my bags and bank. They take up space and I liked them in the keyring! I know they took the keyring away from everyone in this new patch but seriously....at least give it to blacksmiths so that we can carry our keys around without them taking up bag space.Gladen4 Jun 29, 2011
Jun 29, 2011 New skinning question I actually get a thrill from running behind other toons and skinning their kills. I usually ask them for permission, then start collecting the leathers. What was with the change to no skinning what other loot. Tol Bard will have dead animals piling up. Also I belong to a smaller guild and was working on the achievement for skinning. So I was just wondering why the new change.Lucerntalon1 Jun 29, 2011
Jun 29, 2011 Herb Phasing in Hyjal in 4.2 So I have my druid, and purposely didn't do the quests in Hyjal so I could not be phased out of herbs in the area. But now with 4.2 and Firelands, do you all know of any way to unlock the Firelands dailies while keeping access to the majority of herbs in Hyjal? How far do I go before I need to stop? Is it even possible? I do know if you do the quests in the south east area of the zone, you get phased out, or at least it did when I moved herbing from my shaman to my druid. So if I need to do the entire quest line to open up firelands, basically my druid is screwed out of a ton of Cinderbloom. Or was it fixed like Deepholm? (although I still know of an area that is quest phased there as well, which means I can't get the epic cloak either...) Any suggestions?Magna0 Jun 29, 2011
Jun 29, 2011 Engineering, left in the dust again? Looking through patch notes, seeing nothing except a new gun for engineers. New content, no new goggles. Seems to be a repeating event since Wotlk.Belross11 Jun 29, 2011
Jun 28, 2011 Portable Anvil for BS for Raid Repairs, ect Ok sooo engineers can form up Jeeves and there is a mount with a merchant that may also repair equipment as well. i'm pretty sure this question has been brought up before but . . . Why dont Blacksmiths have an item that allow repairs like engineers. There is an anvil in the Vashjir there is an anvil that players may talk to for repairs, why dont blacksmiths have an item called Portable Anvil that the smith can lay out for raids to repair. it may also allow the blacksmith to work with profession on the spot, like leatherworkers and tailors. that way a blacksmith will be more useful than just making belt buckles.Brine3 Jun 28, 2011
Jun 28, 2011 Obsidium Skeleton Key What's the big idea on making these Blacksmith only now? I want a damn refund for those now too! I want all my damn ore back.Brolan5 Jun 28, 2011
Jun 28, 2011 Blacksmithing/Leatherworking Is it ever going to be possible to craft 333+ gear without needing Dungeon/Raid specific reagents? Example: Crafting 333 non-PvP armor without needing Chaos Orb?Feyhawk1 Jun 28, 2011
Jun 28, 2011 Is archaeology worth it? With the upcoming patch and given how much time must be currently devoted to this profession, is archaeology really worth the time to attain all of the rares? My biggest frustration with this profession is how enormously disportionate it is towards the time and rewards given. While i agree that epic BOA item shouldn't just drop after 2 mins, but when people are over 200 solves and no new tol'vir solve, no doll, no staff, etc... it just makes the profession unenjoyable, especially when similar items can be attained with a fraction of the time and effort required of archaeology as it stands at this moment. Personally, I'm at the point where I'm finding less and less enjoyment from the game due to the extensive 'same ole grind' to achieve/attain something in the game. From a first glance perspective, the way the new dailies are going to work seem to be a refreshing change from the old. Ideas like that will keep people playing the game but things like ridiculous grinding for something should become a thing of the past or players will start turning to other games that are not so dully repetitive and unfulfilling. Here is what I would suggest to help improve things: 1. Change the RNG for crafting rares. Given the time to travel from one dig to another, it is simply ridiculous to be at 200 or more solves for a race and still not get the last one. 2. Have the items scale with level. With the new items being added in each patch, the current items are not going to be very useful for very long. Something I could toss over to a new alt would be nice.Dristwaz22 Jun 28, 2011
Jun 28, 2011 Glyph unleash lighting. where do i find it? i want to learn the formula but i dont see it anywhere. where do i pick this up?Shamgonewild1 Jun 28, 2011
Jun 28, 2011 Is there such a thing as AH botting? I keep getting strangely undercut by the same person on the AH. The way and frequency in which it happens is making me wonder if they are a bot. Within minutes of my glyph posting, this person has undercut me. I post frequently throughout the day, and they're always there right behind me. If I take them down and repost, they repost right after I do. It's a vicious cycle, and I just can't seem to win (not even a little). They just popped up on the market last week...I'm gonna go broke or insane trying to deal with them.Kynd14 Jun 28, 2011
Jun 28, 2011 Herbs I wanted to make some "detect demon" elixirs but I needed the Gromsblood herbs. I shot to Blasted Land but all I found was another herb. Although I search the entire zone I didn't once see the gromsblood. Does this herb not exist anymore or did they switch it to another zone? I asked 'cause when I searched on internet for this herb it says Blasted Land but as I stated, none there. Thanks for any helpful info. Kajel3 Jun 28, 2011
Jun 28, 2011 Blacksmithing weapons in 4.2 Is it just me,or are there no craft-able weapons for enhancement shaman in 4.2?The only weapons I see with agility are a polearm,a 1.8 speed dagger,and a 2.6 speed sword.Granted,warriors who role into SMF don't seem to get a weapon as well(there is a 2.6 speed sword,but with parry),but it's kinda lame Blizz....Holicao8 Jun 28, 2011
Jun 28, 2011 Blacksmithing is brutal I have maxed mining, herbing, JC, enchanting, alch, and nearly maxed scribing. I am currently leveling blacksmithing on this character, and the material requirements are just insane. An entire stack of elementium bars just for 3 skill points, plus 8 volatile earths? Crazy. Having spent almost 3000g gold getting from 260-502 today, I just logged off when I saw I need 45 elementium bars and 45 volatile earths to get to 511. Then spending another stack of elementium just to buy the recipe. JC was easy. Ench wasn't bad, got the last few points off selling my skills. Alch was super easy, and inscription has forged documents. Blacksmithing is insane. I tried farming it myself, but phasing and bots made it hell. It's too late now, but next expansion, Blizz, can you go a bit easier on the mat requirements?Wilfred4 Jun 28, 2011
Jun 28, 2011 Best 4.2 JC pattern? Well not really BEST but a guess of what well sell best/fastest Do you think it will be the agility strength or intellect one? I wont be getting the spirit one cause i'm pretty sure the demand will be lower....what do you think? Mistashred9 Jun 28, 2011
Jun 28, 2011 dumb question inc So I've been stockpiling ore and tokens for the last few weeks.. I don't see any indication of epic gems for JC... Is this all a waste?Paperheart6 Jun 28, 2011
Jun 28, 2011 Vendoring/Deleting JC Trinkets Is it possible to reobtain these after vendoring them?Gnomoarheros4 Jun 28, 2011
Jun 28, 2011 Possible New Engineering Goggles in Tier 13 Why? It's simple, the secondary stat budget for items will reach the amount for 3 cogwheels when we hit T13. Currently, 3 cogwheels equal a budget of 624; while the budget for Heroic Sulfuras (Rags Hammer for those who don't know) is 595. Which means engineers will more than likely be getting an goggle upgrade in tier 13, which ever patch that is. Changed up the title and the OP to match.Leiggigena5 Jun 28, 2011
Jun 28, 2011 Max fishing okay i have this idea for max fishing. When you finally hit max fishing 525 you should be able to buy a boat. i think that would be an epic idea and would be fun to do.Bandria3 Jun 28, 2011
Jun 27, 2011 Skinnable beasts are unskinnable. West of Ogrimmar, if you exit out the Valley of Spirits are two monsters. In the river, there's a Lv. 10 croc, which I could skin as it says on its label when my mouse hovers over it. On the land there is a Lv. 15 monster, the Savannah Prowler. I click it (or hover my mouse over it) and it says that this beast is skinnable. I kill it, loot its goods, but to no avail. I can not skin it. And this just isn't for this particular situation. Some beasts, for me, that WoW tells me are skinnable can't be skinned. Any clues as to why? THANKS!Theoddity3 Jun 27, 2011
Jun 27, 2011 Alchemy mastery..... so over changing specs The way I play Alchemy is by making a tonne of flasks then fly to potion master and make a bunch on the way to xmute master which i keep on for a week to make truegolds etc. Well I don't know about you guys, but im so over flying from end to end, getting portals...... wasting my damn time cos i forgot to drop flask mastery... uuuuughggghghghhhhhhh Seriously....... Why can't the mastery dude just be in org/stormwind ? even make it 200g to change spec! Just get it out of outlands...... its stupid being there, its 2 expansions out of date and im finally over it... P.S: no, i dont want to stay 1 spec... there's a reason we can change from 1 to the others.Nuggettis18 Jun 27, 2011
Jun 27, 2011 PvP Professions Hey, I would like to get some feedback on what are good professions for me, for PvP. Specifically for arena and none-rated random battle-grounds. I have Herbalism, and I will not drop it, since I find it kinda fun to farm as a Tauren. I also have mining, and although the gold income with it is nice, I find its stats rather useless. In mining, the max bonus of +120 stamina seems to be a little worse than other profession bonuses. What I would like to ask, is what is a good profession to replace mining with? I will not replace it with jewel-crafting or enchanting, nor will I replace it with blackmithing or leather-working. I am thinking about perhaps replacing it with either inscription or alchemy, since both go very well with herbalism. So my follow up question is, will that be a smart choice for PvP? Does alchemy or inscription provide more of a bonus than mining does? I should probably say my play style and build, since that might make it easier to help me. I play as a spell caster, either elemental (for random battle-grounds) or restoration (for rated arena). In other words, the stamina and health bonus from mining is not very useful for me, and I seem to aim for spirit, health, intellect, and resilience the most.Zygrazor4 Jun 27, 2011
Jun 27, 2011 Could I make quite a bit of gold with... I plan to get this character up to max level, and from there I am going to start mining/skinning to get amounts unheard of in this world or another. In any case, metaphors/hyperboles aside, I plan to make a Goblin Warrior and make him a blacksmithing/leatherworking alt. And yes, the question in the title is what I wish to ask about this: Would do this combination of professions make me a handsome sum of gold?Brodinn6 Jun 27, 2011
Jun 27, 2011 Black smithing PVP recipes While I am excited that I will be able to make new ilevel 358 items what happens to the ilevel 339 I already made? I made full sets for my warrior, paladin and death knight and really dont want to have to remake all the gear again with the same mats. I was wondering if anyone had heard about what happens to these once 4.2 goes live tomorrow.Pokpok4 Jun 27, 2011
Jun 27, 2011 Engineering... I was thinking of dropping it for Jewelcrafting. The thing is, It is fun and all but if you do RBGs and Arena like me, the nitro boost and parachute are not usable in there, only the glove "trinket". I abandoned and level engineer twice, it costed me a pretty penny. Should I remove it and get JC, or get JC on an alt that I am leveling? My other profession is mining. I need to get JC and enchanting, and I have 3 lvl 85s. DK: mining/engineering Hunter: scribe/xmute master druid: herb/skinning I have a 75 shaman and currently leveling him.Clin3 Jun 27, 2011
Jun 27, 2011 Win Both Kaluak and STV Fishing? Has anyone won both fishing tournaments? I'm beginning to suspect that it might not be possible. A while ago I won STV. However, in the Kaluak contest I have yet to catch a single Black Tip shark - even though I've stayed for another 45 min. or so after the winner was announced on a number of occasions.Varman7 Jun 27, 2011
Jun 27, 2011 JC and the fire prism I just leveled to 500 and am starting to do the daily quests. Is there any way to do more than one quest for tokens? Secondly, I understand that from this point I can make Fire Prisms until level 525. Should I wait awhile to go from 500 to 525 so I can pick up some Cimeras or can I go to 525 and still do the daily Fire Prism?Agincourt19 Jun 27, 2011
Jun 27, 2011 Phasing has made Herbing Impossible (Jasmine) It's almost impossible to find a single node of "twilight jasmine" in the twilight highlands. Often you will see a herb on your minimap, walk up to it, and it simply disappears. I've flown through the zone 3 times and not seen a single herb on occasion. Anyone know a fix for this? The zone was fine before I started questing. If I had known this was going to happen I would have avoided the zone. Thanks for your time all.Meloku43 Jun 27, 2011
Jun 27, 2011 What to do with Borean Leather Scraps i always get borean leather scraps and i dont know what to do with them. i am trying to make a profit with skinning right now so what is more profitable, turning 5 of them into 1 borean leather then selling all my borean leather on the AH, or keeping them as they are then selling them on the AH?Reing3 Jun 27, 2011
Jun 27, 2011 how to make gold with mining/enchanting? I've been away from the game for awhile, trying to get back into it. one of the first things I need to figure out is...how to make gold from my two professions. I never really had a solid way to bring a steady stream of keesh in, so I figured forums would be a solid bet. Help me WoW community, you're my only hope....for gold.Wackyboy6 Jun 27, 2011
Jun 27, 2011 36 slot jc bag If people do their dailies every single day, how long will I need to wait before I see these on the AH?Sasukehunter10 Jun 27, 2011
Jun 27, 2011 Leather Working skill up rate is too slow!!! Does anyone feel that lvling up your leather working skill takes too long? I find by the time I can get to an item I want create its already obsolete for my characters lvl. Anyone feel this way besides me?Falaria1 Jun 27, 2011
Jun 27, 2011 Choosing the right profession on a new realm how do i choose the right profession on a new realm i made a new character but i dont know what professions should i go for. is there a way to tell what professions are good on a realm and what professions are needed and in demand because there's not enough suppliers on realm?Mudskippér2 Jun 27, 2011
Jun 27, 2011 How skinning works? I learned it from a teacher, bought a skinning knife then try to use it on mob corpse but it doesn't seem to work. So can someone briefly describe how skinning works generally?Hawkins4 Jun 27, 2011
Jun 27, 2011 Bag for Secondary Professions The fishing bag (Lure Master Tackle Box) is great and all, but to be honest, it would be nice if we had a bag that held stuff for other secondary professions. I think Lure Master Tackle Box should be turned into a bag that holds stuff for fishing (fish and lures), cooking (food and drinks), first aid (bandages), AND archaeology (...archaeology stuff. I'm not sure what you would call it because I'm not really into archaeology yet). (Or just make a "Lunch Box." I'd be happy with that, too)Cmoney4 Jun 27, 2011
Jun 27, 2011 How long to level archeology? I dont really care about the epics, just wondering about 1-525. Would it be compareable to say, gathering all the materials for 1-525 blacksmithing or leatherworking yourself? Longer then that, about the same? I mainly want it just to cap my professions and have access to those archeology dailies I see in dungeons.Mâson4 Jun 27, 2011
Jun 27, 2011 Suggestion: Crafting more wands I think it would be very useful if enchanters can craft wands of at least an item lvl of 333 or 346. Unless you do alot of raiding or run dungeons, you are not likely to get a wand that is over lvl81 unless you want to pay 50K for the epic version that some just dont have the money for or are not willing to pay.... just a suggestion , and it would actually be alot of fun to be able to craft them :)Babiegirl4 Jun 27, 2011