Professions

Oct 16 Hide of Occu'thar So i have to wait for horde on my server to control tol barad. No one is joining tol barad on horde side so i can't even try to take it myself. So now i have to wait. I tried joining a friend on another realm to get into Baradin Hold. Can't enter via cross realm. Amazing.Lebensdauer6 Oct 16
Oct 15 R3 Prolonged Power Another week, another world boss repeated without this boss coming up. We were told there is now a schedule for all world bosses to come up. Clearly they missed one. It is absurd that there is zero ability to get this recipie.Azaalin4 Oct 15
Oct 15 Path to Ironhorn enclave Hope this helps! https://postimg.org/image/grbj3o6mn/Lightinbla23 Oct 15
Oct 15 Sabelite Sulphate For crafting I need the above and supposedly it comes from the quest Horoic Black Rook Hold -"heavy but...". To enter group there is only one choice for Black rook hold for heroic and I did that whole long quest and there was not a hint of sabelite sulphate. I also asked but nobody answered. So is it in some area that is not covered perhaps, or are you at the mercy of one leader (who may be a 12 year old) to attend to your aim of the quest? How do i get this stuff? I have two more vague quests like this to do for other ingredients.Lionara2 Oct 15
Oct 15 Ingredients for Apothecary crafting Ok I am supposed to craft these three flasks for three types of stuff which I get in various heroic areas. So I do the first quest Heroic Black Rook Hold and supposed to get Sabelite Sulphate. Did the whole quest and so Sulphate So I do the second one and supposed to get some sand, wow, I got the sand. Now i want to craft the flask but there is no receipe for the flask. Can somebody clarify if you have worked it out, PLEASELionara1 Oct 15
Oct 15 Dual Gathering or Starlight Rose only? I'm looking for a casual way to make some gold with gathering in Suramar. A YouTube video suggests to get starlight roses only, but I feel Mining and Herbalism together would make more gold. Can anyone plz answer me with one makes more gold? Thanks! :DEggpie4 Oct 15
Oct 14 The unobtainable robe and tailoring pattern Since cata, many many people have been searching for Chan's Imperial Robe and Pattern: Cindercloth Vest. The robe itself is valuable with transmog coming up, but the vest is a key piece to anyone wishing to cosplay as the final boss in sm cath. At current, since the release of cataclysm, the only way to obtain the robe is off someone who previously obtained it before the expansion and the pattern must have been learned by a tailor previous to said expansion. Up until now, Gms have answered our hopeful inquiries saying that they still drop with a very low drop rate. What they've also said is that even they can't find much information about where. The information we have on Chan's Imperial Robe according to GMs: low drop rate limited lookup ability most likely does not drop from the rare spawn it previously was carried by because of the level of the rare spawn hinterlands itself was lowered in level due to cataclysm, and according to the above logic it cannot drop from mobs there. *new* GM has confirmed it can be found in Hinterlands, which completely boggles my brain because of previous statement. Same GM also mentioned that their information may not be up to date. -- wowhead poster mentions it was removed for it's previous rare spawn's loot table The information we have on Pattern: Cindercloth Vest: GM confirmation that it is still in the game GM confirmation it has low drop rate wowpedia states it, like the robe, has not been seen since cata's release the pattern for pants still drops same place, but neither the vest or gloves have dropped since cata. *New* GM data suggests that it still drops in Searing Gorge, however as mentioned with the robe the information has a high possibility of being out of date. GMs have no direct link to the development team, but the one who most recently suggested it may be outdated information also suggested that this may be our best chance of getting a dev's attention into this matter. So if you like me have been searching for these two items, please pass it on. Post and show them it's important to you. Most of us who truly want it have no problem with farming for hours, days, or weeks for them. However, it is not acceptable to me to sacrifice my valuable time for things in a game I cannot even be confirmed that drop where they should. edit: additionally I'd like to mention that in the past Chan's Imperial Robe was always a low drop rate, but the pattern was a lot easier to get.Neenjâ179 Oct 14
Oct 14 No Iron Ore Blues I have an alt. that's mining. Problem, I need to smelt iron ore to progress, but I can't buy or dig up any type of iron that I can smelt. Please help if you can !Pinnett8 Oct 14
Oct 14 Why is it ok that when I'm sitting here farming basilisks a rogue stays in stealth and camps my kills until last inch of their HP? Why is this okay? They steal my kills then wait till i loot and auto mine my crap... its bullcrap.Bloodandguts13 Oct 14
Oct 13 About Blingtron 6000 So I have max engineering and have gotten the part to summon Blingtron 6000 but so far I've been very disappointed in the vendor loot that I've been getting from it. I hear you can find legendarily from the gift but is there any other reason to put it down compared to the 5000 which seem to give me more gold from vendor item. Wowhead says 5000 has pets and mounts but can they also drop by the 6000?Aulann8 Oct 13
Oct 13 Luminous Pearl so am i just unlucky? i am trying to get my artifact fishing rod and i have the bigger fish to fry achievement already. i have been using the arcane bait in pools and nothing. i looked it up on the forums and almost everyone was saying they got theirs in like 8 pools. im probably at about 150 now. so anyone know somthing i dont.Emothebunny15 Oct 13
Oct 13 Crafting Legendaries Hopefully this is right spot but was wondering if Crafting Legendaries messes with the RNG or "Bad Luck" rolls of actually getting one from a drop. In the guild tab it show i got a legendary as a drop even though i crafted one ThanksMynnara2 Oct 13
Oct 13 Jewelcrafting Empyrial Crowns - max ilvl 935? Does the ilvl 885 starting level for the Jewelcrafting Empyrial Crowns seem a bit low to you? with a max of 935 right? After a few Argus quests you can get a lvl 910 headpiece. If you're lucky with a drop/chest maybe 955? (I've gotten 920, 930, 955 & 970 in ~2 weeks) Seems to be a lot of expensive/hard to find mats to craft an ilvl 885 item. I really like to craft/wear my own stuff, but for it to then be 25 ilvls lower, seems a bit off to me. Shouldn't it be starting at a base of 910 eg) what I can just buy after <10 quests, and going up from there???Loregen4 Oct 13
Oct 13 Fishing problem Hi All, I started levelling fishing and read up on the new artifact pole, so need to fish up a rare fish in Legion. I cant see pools of fish because i haven't learned the ability by getting the achievement [Fish Don't Leave Footprints]. I have tried fishing in all the places people recommend, and cannot for the life of me get this "Weather-Beaten Journal" i need to fish up for this. I am starting to wonder if i have in the past and deleted it, if so does this render fishing useless on this character now?Pyrodeath1 Oct 13
Oct 13 Charector Profession Item Slot Thought/Idea my Thought/idea would be making a spot on our Charector screen in which we could put those items like the Gnomish Army Knife, Skinning Knife or any item that helps you deal with the profession for your toon that way we can always have the item on our toon with out worry of accidently selling/destroying it, then logging off before realizing we sold/destroyed it. Granted in this case all a person would have to do in this case all a person would have to do is equip the Dreanor Gnomish Army Knife obtainable from the Engineering building from the garrison (long as there professoins doesnt require something like the Philoshers stone). Being able to have the Gnomish Army Knife 'equiped' to our toon is not a BIG perk but its more of a way to make dealing with professions better not having to worry bout if we have the item needed in our bags or if we sold it or destroyed it.Celticlore3 Oct 13
Oct 13 General Crafting Question re advancement All my chars doing crafting have the same problem: You get your crafting to 750 but need 800 to advance to next stage However: none of the craftable items give xp there are no more quests that will advance your crafting So.... how do you get to 800?Lionara6 Oct 13
Oct 12 Vanishing skins Wonder if any other skinners having items vanishing before you can skin them? Was at favorite spot in Stormheim today farming Stormscale from the crabs. Normally there are about 10-12 per group to skin after killing them, and skin them. Today after skinning the third one the rest just vanished not having the chance to skin. Is this a bug, glitch, and if so how to report to be fixed. I also have the skinning chant on gloves this is the first time this has happened, so just seeing if anyone else is having this happen.Gussooner1 Oct 12
Oct 12 Arcane Lure what is happening with the arcane lures for fishing, I have 5 in my bag, but doesn't show anymoreMoriharu1 Oct 12
Oct 11 Neural Net Detangler! Trying to acquire this piece of the "Piloted Combat Mode" for Reaves has become a real chore. I've killed Mimiron for weeks, trying both normal and hard mode. I have no idea if it has any bearing on drop rate, though. I assume it's a purely RNG drop, but is it a mount-level percentage, or a more like a 1-in-5 rate? Someone mentioned in Trade chat that they think porting directly to Mimiron from the entrance might "guarantee" the item to drop since they specifically added that shortcut, but I can't test that until Tuesday.Rhythic8 Oct 11
Oct 11 Mastered archaeology - when do quests appear Bought my way up through archaeology in the Dalaran shop, when will quests begin to appear for this profession?Borimrath1 Oct 11
Oct 11 Engineering: Mind amplification dish Hi Guys, just some query if anyone has used the mind amp dish against those security guards in Blast Furnace Mythic? Thanks.Grumash2 Oct 11
Oct 11 Ornate mithril looking for anybody that can make the Ornate mithril breastplate, Ornate Mithril Gloves, Ornate Mithril Shoulde, rOrnate Mithril Boots, Ornate Mithril Helm on silver moon! drop me a message .Norannithia8 Oct 11
Oct 10 over 2800 tol'vir fragments gathered and still no vial recipe. feelsbadman this is not zug-zug.Wolfspero3 Oct 10
Oct 10 Last time Spirit of Eche'ro quest appeared? I took a break and am wondering when is the last time anyone saw the spirit of Eche'ro quest pop up. I know last year September.Rindari3 Oct 10
Oct 10 Mass Smelt Mass smelt available at level 525 or the reigning max skill would be awesome. Provide constructive views if you'd like to see this happen...blues :OJahsoja19 Oct 10
Oct 10 Inscription in Legion Is inscription even worth it in legion? it looks to me like other professions would be much more useful and make a lot more gold than inscription. The only reason I'm hesitant to give it up is because it's near maxed out. Any idea on whether i should keep it or not?Gagarin2 Oct 10
Oct 10 Eng issue I've had Eng since WotLK, and started legion with it. I recently tried to continue the quest line to further my eng cause I got bored with the current content and realized I can't. I have no available missions nor ways to further my eng. I checked the quest line and I am missing one and have no idea how to get it, or even get it again in case I droped it earlier without noticing. Just wondering if anyone has had a similar issue or possibly knows a work around.Takali2 Oct 10
Oct 10 Tank help Best professions for Bear, warrior, and DK tanks? Will be doing mostly mythic's and normal/heroic raids.Trollybeary3 Oct 10
Oct 10 Best professions for Ret Pally? This is my first character, and just trying to level as quickly as possible, but I've overlooked my proffesions. What are best professions to have?Clips17 Oct 10
Oct 10 Profession Idea With all the items that have been removed from game over the years that were either dropped from quest or from professions themselves. I had an idea for people to atleast obtain the look with out bring back the items. We could get a Profession Pattern that let us obtain the looks of the items that profession can craft. I understand that Engineering, Enchanting, Jewel crafting, Alchemy and Inscription may not benefit like others unless they did it where they took all the items no longer obtainable that had a 'use' effect and turn it into a toy that wasnt a stat boost and let engineers have it. Unless they gave Enchanting more of those weapon effects not sure what they could get in place or what JC, Alchemy and inscriptioon could get.Celticlore0 Oct 10
Oct 10 Archaeology Suggestion I'd love to see the more involvement with the Explorer's League. Have either a question chain or exalted rep reward be an archaeology item that gives a bonus like more pieces found per dig (stackable with dwarven race perk). Could call the item something like Brann's Favorite Hat or Shovel, or Explorer's Expert Tool set, could require it to be equipped or not. Could also have a gear transmog set to make you look like Brann or something more explorer like. Have it be purchasable from Maybe those who have unlocked the Professor title and have it selected on their character game reputation while digging at sites. Although, I think there would need to be a league made that involved the horde as well since the Explorer's League is pretty much alliance sided since led by Magni.Winterkrieg1 Oct 10
Oct 10 Tillers: Guide to the Ways confusion? For anyone who has experience with Halfhill Tillers in Pandaria, I have a few issues and I'm generally confused about the questline "Guide to the Ways" that starts with Sungshin Ironpaw . I'm insanely new to cooking in the game. Issue #1: I already accomplished the sliced peaches recipe and I have it in my cooking book, have turned it in and made several since then. My cooking experience has halted at 35 out of 70-something I think? And no matter how many sliced peaches I make, it doesn't budge further than the 35. How do I get it to continue leveling? Issue #2: I believe the next questline for Guide to the Ways is "Perfectly Cooked Instant Noodles" from what I have read, but that quest hasn't opened for me yet and without the recipe in my cook book, I cannot make the dish. It isn't available and I don't think it will be until I can get issue #1 taken care of, I believe. I could be wrong, though? There is no ? for Sungshin Ironpaw and I'm not sure what to do to make progress now. Any help is appreciated! I made sliced peaches and accomplished that quest, but now I'm at a stand-still without any questionmarks from the NPC.Urrem4 Oct 10
Oct 10 Fishing: Lousy luck, no bait So halfway through Bigger Fish to Fry I took a break that lasted a year. About a month ago I came back and finished up a few things and am now back to getting my artifact fishing pole. Fished up some drowned mana, bought a bunch of arcane lures (80 of em) Got my worm supreme out of the bank My trust fishing hat And set off on a grand fishing expedition. 10 lures (100 minutes) later and I got 1 damn bait thingy. Now, I know the % chance is already low to fish up the bait and the arcane lure only doubles that chance. But 1 damn bait seems low, even by Blizzard standards. I'm fishing out of pools, making sure all my fishing buffs are up. As far as I know I am doing everything right. My question is this, in the year I was gone did something change with the rare Legion fish? Did the spawn rate of bait get nerfed in my absence? Or am I just having the worst luck? Is there anything else I can do to improve my chances of fishing up bait? Thank you.Valdrane1 Oct 10
Oct 9 Crafting General I need to come here because I am pretty sure the reason I do not get results/reply on General is because it is apparently in the interest of other crafters not to tell you anything important because after all, it is competition. All my crafting chars have reached around 750 and all are long in level 110. All my receipes have been made to death and don't give more points. I have done all quests in relation to the crafting. So how do I get to 800? I read in the receipe at the bottom things like Next Rank: World Quest - Work Order: Silk Weave Bracers Zone Stormheim I cannot see ANY world quest for Bracers or any crafting item at all in Stormheim or any other area. And definitely I read and studied them all! So what is this 'rank' system and how is it connected with Word Orders? I am in tears here, honestly! I am just a grandmother who has played WOW ( I played the first Diablo) and all gaming for more than 30 years and just love it. Now retired I can have a field day....... or not! I guess I get too upset about stuff.Lionara5 Oct 9
Oct 9 JC level affect Prospecting? Hey guys, Does anyone know if your level of JC affects the results of your prospects? What I mean is, should the results of prospecting on say, Felslate, be the same for a 700 JC as it is for 750 or 800 JC? Does higher skill level give you better results in the same "tier" (Legion in this case). Can't find an answer for this anywhere :( Thanks in advance :)Turbòcharge11 Oct 9
Oct 8 Primal Sarg nerfed? Have over 400 on my warrior from farming basilisks a month ago. (and not when every kill dropped one, either) Can't do a whole lot with them. Trying to finish alchemy on my DH and need 5. I have killed over 100 basilisks today and not a single Primal drop. Did they give this a massive nerf where they no longer drop it? What is the best way to farm this if I'm still rep locked on the shoulder enchant?Jonnyplesko3 Oct 8
Oct 8 Concerns about Jewelcrafting in 7.3 At first glance, it would appear that Jewelcrafters are getting a big boost in 7.3 what with the new +200 stat gems and crafting new crowns (headpieces). However I'm concerned about the availability of the new gems that are required to make these things. In 7.2.5, besides prospecting, there were two other sources of gems - the three times per week quest Gemcutter Needed and the Gemfinder Shoulder Enchant. I've tested both of these on the 7.3 PTR and they continue to produce the older gems. You would think that the shoulder enchant that results in sacks of gems that drop from mobs in Argus would drop Argus gems, but no. And then, there's prospecting. So far I've prospected 140 Empyrium Ore and gotten only 1 gem (I know, it's RNG). To craft one of the new crowns it's going to require 8 of the new gems of specific colors plus an additional 25-50 ore (depending on the rank you've achieved). So, even assuming the drop rate from prospecting was much higher, say 1 gem in 60 ore, it would require prospecting 480 ore to get 8 gems and then they may not be the right colors for the crown that you're trying to make. Compare this to Blacksmithing. A blacksmith can craft the new Empyrial Breastplate using only 125 ore at rank 1 and it goes down from there.Timetrvlr24 Oct 8
Oct 8 Inscription is so half-*ssed right now. Seriously, what's going on, Devs? Vantus runes are silly. Not a good invention. Not a good addition to the game. MOST people won't ever use them. I do Mythic content on my main, and even my guild doesn't really bother with them. If you need a Vantus rune to down a boss with that teeny tiny little boost, you need to re-evaluate your strategy as it is. Since most people don't use these, they don't sell. No profit. Glyphs: you guys really hacked the glyph system to death, but that's fine; I didn't really like that glyph menu and dealing with those, anyway. However, are you guys really that low on creativity that you can't add more interesting glyph cosmetic effects to the game? How about this, folks - from someone who isn't close to a Dev at all: Glyph of the Ray: Changes your travel form to a stingray. Glyph of Black Ice: Changes your Frost spells to a darker, more shadowy color shade. Glyph of the Scream: Changes your Eye Beam to a Banshee's Scream Glyph of the Unleashed Aspect: Your Ascended form takes on the appearance of a tornado of elemental energy Glyph of Light's Purity: Your Holy spells take on a more pure, white colored light. Glyph of Angelic Speed: Your Divine Steed ability instead transforms you into an angelic being for its duration Glyph of Unearthed Arcana: Your Arcane spells take on a more chaotic, reddish hue Glyph of Falcon Punch: Your Tiger Palm now has a fiery appearance Glyph of Dragon Kick: Your Blackout Kick now takes on a fiery appearance Glyph of the Red Dragon: Your Flying Serpent Kick now takes on a fiery dragon appearance Glyph of the Dark Moon: Your Moonkin form now takes on a Darkened Astral form Glyph of Ball Lightning: Your Lightning Bolt spell now appears as a sphere of electrical energy and the cast time is reduced by .5 seconds Glyph of Napalm: Your Explosive Trap now bursts with a liquid fire appearance Glyph of Raptor's Spirit: Your Raptor Strike has the appearance of a ghostly raptor striking from beyond the grave Glyph of the Gyreworm: Your Spitting Cobra spell takes on the form of an earthen Gyreworm I could go on and on, but if I can come up with these things, I am certain you guys can. Is it really that hard to add something like this to make Inscription better than it is now? Seriously, it's just hollow and empty. I may abandon it on my main at this point. We got zilch with 7.3. It was incredibly disappointing. I don't speak for every scribe, but I myself was crestfallen and I suspect others were, as well. Oh boy. We get new Vantus runes and we can mass mill astral glory. *twirls finger in air* At the VERY LEAST you guys could make the Darkmoon Cards level up to 930ish with the Primal Obliterum. *shrug* Am I reaching for the stars here? Which reminds me: Glyph of Star's Reach: When casting Starfall, you now reach towards the heavens beckoning the stars to fallOdiodi8 Oct 8
Oct 8 Low Level Blacksmithing - No Plate recipes? I noticed in-game that there are no low level plate blacksmithing recipes (under level 40). They are all mail with Agility stats. I looked around the internet and it seems that when plate wearing was made level 1 no new recipes (or conversion of the mail recipes) were made for blacksmithing. This has been the case since 2016. Will Blizzard patch this soon, or do they just not care since it is low-level?Ahthur7 Oct 8
Oct 8 Remove Gathering Professions Stated simply, remove explicit gathering professions (skinning, mining, herbalism) and possibly limit each toon to practicing one major profession each. Skinning would simply be a part of both tailoring and leatherworking, herbalism would be a part of inscription and alchemy, and mining would be a part of engineering, blacksmithing and jewelcrafting. Enchanting is already self-sufficient for its own gathering and creation. Any future professions can use a new resource or an existing one.Beauvaliant5 Oct 8
Oct 7 Low Level Tailoring in Legion I like the idea of crafting as a character levels but it seems most of the stuff you craft is useless until you get the max level for that particular expansion. Is tailoring worth leveling just to make and sell bags and or cosmetic items? I'm asking from the perspective of a low level character who likes to level at a normal rate and stop to "smell the flowers" sometimes.Belthaezar3 Oct 7
Oct 7 Potion of Prolonged Power, rank 3 Just wondering, any idea when we'll see the Fiend to claim our rank 3 pattern? I have only seen the boss once, just wondering if it's a bug or something (maybe I'm just blind!). Thanks for the insight!Rb20 Oct 7
Oct 6 MSK: allow skillups At first glance, MSK (Mother's Skinning Knife) seems like a great tool -- it lets you skin animals at a distance. But it has restrictions: 1. Only in Broken Isles. That's okay, it is Legion-only. 2. You can't skin something until you loot it. Can you loot at a distance? In Legion zones, Hunters can (and Engineers can). That's okay. I dropped Skinning on my Priest, and took Skinning on my Hunter, and went out and did all the quests to get the MSK. 3. It turns out you don't get a skill-up using MSK. You only get skillups from regular non-ranged skinning. So my hunter won't be using it, for the first 700 skins or so.Stormzi0 Oct 6
Oct 6 Archaeology for collectors Using Archaeology to recover lost or removed from game recipes/patterns/blueprints, ect... seems like a good idea. Isn't that what it's good for? Having missed out on some of the early stuff, I'd like a chance to earn it. This profession is ideal for that reason. Please comment if you agree or have alternate suggestions.Armyofwun1 Oct 6
Oct 6 Best Professions for Rogue Hey everyone, thanks in advance for the advice, but I'm semi new to the game. I've grown up around and seen my dad and uncles play for years but I haven't had an account since a little after vanilla so I'm getting used to all the changes... I'm curious what professions fit well together as a pair and which two will benefit me most as a rogueEliathorn6 Oct 6
Oct 6 Gem chips out of 270 empyrium 1 gem and the rest chips .This is my last token i have enough can't take ur dirt anymoreElviscious9 Oct 6
Oct 6 Make Engineering a heal/dps class I feel professions have been slipping for a while now and I know people are hungry for more choices. So what about removing the profession if Engineer and turning it into a class? This isn't an original idea as it's been posted in the past. Anyone think maybe it's time? Could function as the tinkerer class with heals and dps specs.Oakstone3 Oct 6
Oct 6 Herbalism Question Hi guys, I'm new to WoW and was hoping someone could answer a noob question for me. I tried doing google and forum searches to find the answer but to no avail. While leveling I picked herbalism to train up while I level with the intention of training alchemy when I finally hit level cap. Along the way I've been ending up with stacks of herbs that you need to combine in order to make other herbs. I.E. 10 fireweed stems to make 1 Fireweed. My question is: Is there any use for the uncombined reagents? A reason to hold onto them? Or should I just combine everything as I get it? Thank you.Murderen4 Oct 6
Oct 6 profession world quest rule The rule I remember is that, in order to see Profession world quests, you needed a skill level 100 in that profesion. Yesterday I switched two of my level 110s to Herbalism, around level 50. Today I wanted to get both to 100 and do the Felwort quest. That worked fine on the first one: at 100 I checked, saw the quest and did it. On my second toon, when I was just 85, I noticed that I could already see the Felwort quest, and did it. Does anyone know what the new rule is, since it isn't "100" any more?Tchalla1 Oct 6
Oct 6 help for professions.[SOLVED] I recently created a ne druid, in the ultimately most incredulously stupid moment, I picked leatherworking and engineering, being unable to obtain crafting materials without travelling to a major city mid quest. This will be of great annoyance to me and I would like to know if there is a dev or a forum maintainer that could help me with my problem. However I know if you did it for me, you'd have to do it for everybody else, bit that's my question; can you please either make it an add-on or an in game ability to change professions, it won't be that big of a deal however I would appreciate any help or support that comes my way as I don't think there is a category for stupid mistakes on support.Mmrsnuffles6 Oct 6