Quests

5d OOX - Find it yourself, offline. This takes advantage of the quest completion information, which was recently exposed to the API. You can read more about that in this thread: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2973255055?page=1#1 To begin with, you need to know the Quest IDs for the OOX rescue quests. These can be easily found on Wowhead. Hinterlands - http://www.wowhead.com/quest=836 Tanaris - http://www.wowhead.com/quest=648 Feralas - http://www.wowhead.com/quest=25476 OOX of Your Own - http://www.wowhead.com/quest=3721 The number at the end is the ID of the quest. Now, all you need to do is pull your quest list from the server. This is pretty easy; all you need to do is pull it up in a web browser. The format looks like this: http://us.battle.net/api/wow/character/destromath/Pahanda?fields=quests (Note: This link will open as a text document in Chrome; if you use Firefox or IE, you may need to save it to disk; it's just a plain text file.) Note that this is mine, not yours. To get yours, replace "destromath" with your realm, and "Pahanda" with your character's name. If your realm includes any punctuation, you can look at your Armory profile on the main website to see what you should use. For example, I have an alternate character on the Aman'Thul realm, named Corbette: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/amanthul/Corbette/advanced And you can easily modify my original link to pull up her quest list: http://us.battle.net/api/wow/character/amanthul/Corbette?fields=quests (Note: This link will open as a text document in Chrome; if you use Firefox or IE, you may need to save it to disk; it's just a plain text file.) Once you've gotten the list, you can then look for the quests. For simplicity's sake, search for the following strings (minus quotations, of course): Hinterlands: ",836," Tanaris: ",648," Feralas: ",25476," Pet: ",3721," If you find a match, you've completed that quest. If not, you haven't. It's that easy. Happy chicken-hunting! (This technique will work for any quest, of course, if you know the ID.) EDIT - 12/04/2011: The API results have been changed, formatting-wise. They're now comma-separated, but with no spaces, so I've changed the "match" strings accordingly.Pahanda26 5d
Oct 26, 2010 Welcome: Please Read! Welcome to the Quests forum! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss quests in World of Warcraft with your fellow players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy, so we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct (http://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct) and guidelines (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15252595157) before posting. Important Reminders: Search The search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely effective and robust. Before you create a new forum topic, please be use it to search for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer for which you are looking. Making a new thread on an existing subject can result in your thread being deleted or, if you continue to re-post the same content, the loss of your forum privileges for spamming. Rating The forum rating system can be used to promote positive discussion, demote unhelpful comments, and even report posts that violate the forum Code of Conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with several options, including a "thumbs up" (Like) and a "thumbs down" (Dislike) icon. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon will rate the post up. If enough people like a post, it will gain a Highly Rated status and appear at the top of related search results. Highly Rated posts will also have a highlighted background. Clicking the "thumbs down" icon will expand a drop-down menu which will include "Dislike," "Trolling, "Spam" and "Report" options. "Dislike" will rate the post down. If enough people dislike a post, it will be darkened, and with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden completely. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of a violation. Please note that you can only rate each post once. Use your power wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Have fun posting on these forums, and good luck with your adventures in Azeroth!Lylirra1 Oct 26, 2010
27m How to get back to Niskara? I couldn't finish the quest Allies of the Light because it was getting late, so I hearthed out. Since then I have tried to get back to Niskara but I was unable to. I abandoned the quest but now I don't know where the quest giver is. Does anyone know where Sunwalker Brave is or how to get back to Niskara?Silareza18 27m
44m It Rolls Downhill For this Zul'Drak quest, does anyone know how to make the blght geists harvest blight crystals once you use the Sceptor of Suggestion on them to make them your minion? I just can't figure out this last step. Thanks.Haladian4 44m
1h running out of legion quests My friend and I both started out legion quests at 98 and now have finished 3 zones but are only 104. We haven't done all the side quests but nothing I didn't skip while leveling my previous characters. is it a bug or do you just get less exp while in a group?Xxblades5 1h
1h Intellect trinkets? For Ret Pally? Why is it that I always see Intel Trinkets for my Ret Pally who I have never played as holy only sees Intel Trinkets and Life Artifact Relics? Now I know you are going to say it is random but when I had another Ret Pally in the guild look and he sees Strength Trinkets. Is there a bug in the code because I have transferred this toon a few times to new servers? It is getting very frustrating for me to keep up with my guilds so I can raid! **Looks for a new type of sacrifice for the RNG Gods I guess they don't like my Naga Razor offering**Macsquidly5 1h
2h Request to skip some quests on alts I apologize if this is the wrong place for this. If it isn't I'd appreciate being pointed in the correct direction. Having as many alts as I do I've become VERY tired of having to go through the Legion Exodar scenario as well as the Stormheim opening. Yes, I know it's an extremely low level complaint. Considering the Broken Shore scenario already has this I am hoping it can be implemented for those two quests as well. Once again, I apologize if this in the wrong place for such a suggestion/request.Nahwah0 2h
13h The Return of Baron Geddon Judging from the massive pile of bones around Baron, this quest appears to have a high fail rate. Even reading the quest text doesn't give a player an idea of how to do it or that there's something special about it that they'll need to figure out. This quest has a Raid mechanic that is out of place in a simple mindless quest line. If you compare this to a board examination, this would be the question thrown out because too many people missed it. Adding a precursor educational quest would help. Perhaps a quest where the quest giver tests a fire resistance potion or fire resistance suit and yanks the player out before they die. The quest giver could then tell them they'd have to run in without help between pulses.Zuba32 13h
13h "Breadcrumb"/out of sequence support group. I'm working on Loremaster and I've run into this issue a few times now, where I complete a "breadcrumb" (never had heard of this before) quest that will make it so I can't complete another quest down the line. So now I have uncompleted quests glaring at me that are impossible to complete. I'll leave a list so maybe others can learn from my suffering. Ashenvale: To Hellscream's Watch (Commander Grimfrang; 12.08, 33.83) To The Ramparts! (Kulg Gorespatter; 94.4, 46.82) *part of a series Southern Barrens: A Family Divided (Tawane; 44.5, 33.5) Tauren Vengeance (Tomusa; 41.1, 71) How do you guys deal with this obsessive completion disorder? :( Oh, and a side note, how is it even possible to do a series quest out of order?Morgana1 13h
15h Suramar : Blood & Wine : Whats next? I'm trying to grind rep for the nightfallen, I just finished the blood & wine chapter, my 4th complete chapter overall and now there are no leads I'm 1950/12000 towards revered All of the other quests I can find in the zone give no rep, and are clearly unrelated side quests So...... where do I pick the main storyline back up? Is there a rep requirement for the next chapter or is the next chapters start hiding somewhere or what? Not sure what to do, helpJahbulon10 15h
16h Destiny Unfulfilled Help Please... Help Please... I have been stuck on this priest quest line for the last 3 hours and I cant get past stage 2.....I am having trouble killing 25 people and keeping both my minions alive...I get close then 1 or 2 will be revived and then i'm out of time. Any guides with vocals to let me know what they are doing and any tips on what to do what to kill ect would be so greatly appreciated. With Thanks, FuBaR.Urtrapped0 16h
17h "Breadcrumb"/out of sequence support group. I'm working on Loremaster and I've run into this issue twice now, where I complete a "breadcrumb" (never had heard of this before) quest that will make it so I can't complete another quest down the line. So now I have uncompleted quests glaring at me that are impossible to complete. How do you guys deal with this obsessive completion disorder? :(Morgana0 17h
19h How was this level scaling a good idea I'd like to level my DK but it seems every time I log on and attempt to level I'm constantly being camped by multiple 110's. Goodjob blizzard you made leveling alts boring as !@#$ forcing me to spam 20+minute dungeon queue's goodjob. Great game I hope next expansion it's even more %^-*ed.Sambooki3 19h
19h Netherdrake farming question Hey guys I know I'm late to the party but I've been trying for a while now to get this done and it is so incredibly tedious. What is the most efficient way to grind rep for the Netherdrake mount in shadowmoon? I have tried both farming eggs and farming the flayers on the ridge and both methods yield only a couple eggs per hour. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!Chillytouch2 19h
22h Good Suramaritan line completion issue Ok, while working on the Achievement "Good Suramaritan" I have completed all quest lines except "A Change of Seasons" due to not being 20k into Exalted rep with the Nightfallen. Ok now my problem. I have done all of the Quest-line for "A Growing Crisis" but it is still Grayed out in my achievements. and yes I checked Icy Veins Completed Quest Checker and all of the quests needed for "A Growing Crisis" have been complicated but it is not showing as complicated. Help! lolDruam4 22h
23h Trouble finishing Good Suramaritan I've done all of the good suramaritan achievement except a growing crisis and a change of seasons. Where or how do you find them? I'm at revered but I don't know if I'm not high enough on reputation to get themBálor2 23h
1d The Red Axe Quest (can't complete) The Red Axe Quest bug. So i was doing the scenario in the black rook hold and im pretty sure while i was in there i picked up the quest (The Red Axe) and was going to finish it after i was done with the scenario...only problem is that the red axe quest is inside the scenario zone and you can only get in there once and that's while you're doing the scenario. so now i can't complete the red axe quest cause i can't get back into the area inside the Black rook hold where it takes place. Anyone have any ideas on what to do or how this would get fixed? i already submitted a ticket and the thing is i don't want to keep playing on my main toon incase they have to do a rollback to the point before the scenario... i don't even know if this quest is an important quest chain to legion so im really stuck right now. if anyone knows what comes after this quest please let me know. i really don't understand why they would have a quest that you can only complete while you're doing a scenario and only then, not only that but as soon as you're done with the scenario you're removed from the zone.Chânco66 1d
1d Lowering Bloodsail Rep I'm looking to farm Bloodsail Rep soon. I want to complete every non repeatable quest that lowers Bloodsail Rep first. I want to do this as I want to complete all of the quests on my way to Loremaster, but once I farm Bloodsail Rep, I want to keep them at Exalted. I am only looking for quests that LOWER Bloodsail Rep. This is simply to not accidentally lower Bloodsail Rep later on.Razari2 1d
1d Blown Away serious question Do Vin and Jaga survive flying away like that?! This keeps me awake at night - Blizz please answer!Gwynnesmith0 1d
1d Profession quest abandoned Hi i just abandon by mistake a mining profession quest and i can't get it back i don't remember the name of the quest but i went to all NPCs and no one gives me nothing :sDulfer0 1d
1d The Victor Spoils PVP Where is this quest? As i am prestige 3 and still no quest.... Blizzard what is the point of a tool tip if it isn't even true?Miian1 1d
1d Reaching your Goal, what a pain WQs Reach your Goal How's a quest that's suppose or seem easy be such a pain in the !@# to do. All you gotta do is press 1 and zoom to the bubbles and reach the goal. ah but it doesn't always work! you press 1 and ZOOOOOM you go twenty feet pass the the bubble...fail you press 1 and nothing you barely go two feet...fail or you line yourself up to land onto a platform below, things are going great and you get ported back to the platform where you started...sigh. Why do I or any of us put ourselves through this...oh yeah Artifact Power. That's what my true goal is. The endless grind of AP may we all reach that goal somedayVeedell1 1d
1d Quest items from Mission Boards Quest items from Mission Boards, such as Vial of swirling shadow and Tainted Moonglade Leaf. Once you do the quest/Mythic what do you do with item? can it be deleted and rewon from your mission board and quest repeated are all these just taking up bagspace?Bowgasm1 1d
1d Lost Knowledge For some reason I can't buy the Scroll of Elun'dris for the quest Lost Knowledge...Even when you are exalted with nightfallen. Alot of people can't and don't know what to do. I've open a ticket and hope to get an answer for everyone because getting 30 corrupted and now stuck on a quest and not getting our skin for your weapon is seriously making me angry.Cremeux6 1d
1d AP and WQ So now that I am at 54 traits what now, is there a need to do WQ and get more AP, can not click the ones I have, do we save them for 7.2? Not sure how this should or is going to work. ThanksRedseal3 1d
1d Questlog still trapped in 2004 Any plans to increase maximum active quests? It's getting to the point (with 3 quests for echos of time from Nighthold alone), that we are unable to pick up side quests and leave for later due to the limited size of the questlog. E.g. I have to consistently ignore Mission raid quests until I go into the raid, then activate them one at a time right before the boss fight. Any time I go to a new quest hub, I have to first go back and do several dungeons to "clear" out my quest log. It also frustrates me that I'm unable to abandon the Account bound pet quest from 2 expansions ago clearing up 1 more precious questlog space.Mistforge0 1d
1d HOTS Mount quest. Need some help.Blutmond1 1d
1d Can't Unlock 3rd Artifact Slot? I've done ALL order hall quests, unlocked all 3 mage artifacts, and the 3rd slot is still missing. There are no more quests available in my order hall and I've talked to all NPCs 100 times. I don't know what to do now... Please help!!Archeriel5 1d
1d Thirst Unending bugged? First off, I understand the quest is meant for new low level Blood Elf characters but I decided to go do the earlier quests on my DH for the semi easy rep and this is a quest that does not seem to work for my 100 DH. Using the BE Racial does not seem to work for the mana wyrms in the region.Wylathe17 1d
1d Determining place in a storyline Hopefully this is a simple question -- How do we determine where we are at in a quest story line? I am not sure where I left off because it was a while ago I was working on it. (The storyline is "Defending Azurewing Repose".)Pleaide5 1d
1d The Hunt for Illidan Stormrage - Weekly Cap Um, We found him so can you remove the weekly cap of 10 lingering soul fragments?Thomasriker1 1d
2d HOTS Mount quest Need some helpBlutmond1 2d
2d investigate maw of souls Completed the mission (200%), did not receive quest item (waterlogged envelope) or quest. Received the bonus loot. (Or maybe there was already a valarjar insignia in my bag.) Bags were full at the time (artifact power eats bag space), so I checked my mail, but it wasn't there either. Only 13 quests in my log, so it can't have been full.Esteemed0 2d
2d Forcing raids and dungeons for quest I am really upset how Blizzard is forcing players to do raids and dungeons to further the quest line in Legion. I don't like raids and dungeons because: 1. I prefer to play and quest solo. 2. Many raid and dungeon players have strict ways on how they feel those scenarios should be played. 3. You can be kicked out if not playing up to "standards". 4. Not helping someone who is new to raid and dungeon formats. 5. Belittling of other players. There is no one "correct" way to play WoW. It is suppose to encompass all different playstyles. I pay Blizzard to play the game in the way I feel comfortable with. Not to be forced to do things I am not comfortable playing. You want to raid, fine, raid. You want to do dungeons, that's fine as well. Just don't force me to do them in order to advance the quest storyline.Wangfooyu19 2d
2d I can turn in this quest Hi I have been trying to turn in this quest [Into the Nightmare: Fall of Cenarius] [The Nighthold: Vaults] Everything I read as to where to turn these quests in is at my class hall. I went there and try to hand in the quests. The quests do not show completed and are grayed out. Am I missing something? ThanksGamalin4 2d
2d "Call of Duty" - Vashj'ir - broken Did this last last night with my mage and all was fine. Tried again this mourning after the restart with an alt and this is what happens: 1. Turnin/Pick "Call of Duty" at base of dock. 2. Move to end of dock. (All seemed find until Merc boat arrives): - There is no crew (sometimes budd, tried 3 times) - Soldiers have normal dialog, but refuse to board boat, they just pile up on end of dock - Just me and 3-5 others (all had same issues) on boat - Arrive at boat wreck, boat stops and nothing happens. No Surviors, no sea monster, nothing. - Boat returns to SW dock, repeats above (forever) NOTE: After first failed attempt I tried abandoning all of my quests in log and trying again. Same thing. Had no effect. Prometheuz12 2d
2d Quest for 2nd and 3rd artifact missing i started this hunter started with Marksmanship because I liked the appearance of the bow and quiver. (I had previously always run beastmaster.) After getting the initial class hall quest done I switched factions from Horde to Alliance (to play with a friend on alliance side). I'd like the opportunity to get the Beastmaster artifact, but the quest giver for the artifact quests has not offered a second or 3rd artifact quest I've reported this as a bug but was not able to figure out how to open a ticket, as the problem did not seem to line up with any of the ticket suggestions/subjects. Now this hunter is 110, and working on Suramar. Any feedback? Any ideas? Is there a way to actually open a ticket for a specific (not listed) topic? Marksman hunter is working ok but i'd like to try the others. TYVMHellene9 2d
3d LK quests in IC need some knowledge, I just finished the tirion's gambit quest in ice crown when you come face to face with the lich king and his heart then the deathknights jump in and stop him and you use the heart as a teleport out of there. is that the end of the questline or is there more to it? do you ever get to actually kill the lich king for a quest?Luñä1 3d
3d Can't complete Survey Says quest due to WQ The Suramar quest Survey Says where you need to activate your first portal above your Suramar base can't be completed, as the '?' to turn it in zones out when I get close due to the Barrels o' Fun WQ. I can't complete the WQ as none of the barrels glow yellow for me so it's a total guess for me every time. WQ doesn't expire for another 23hrs. Do I really need to wait that long just to continue the Suramar quest line?Huntski7 3d
3d Ragefire Chasm for Alliance - 2016 I need help finding my ay into this dungeon, so I can complete the achievement. All of the guides/posts/videos I have seen are years and years old. They don't include all of the 4-6 PvP players now guarding the entrances to Orgrimmar as well as the dungeon. I have tried on 3 separate occasions, trying many of the suggestions I have seen, and not been able to make it inside. I got as far as the instance opening once (after dying about 8 times), but could not manage to get through the doorway, just got shot down as I rezzed. I've been there in the middle of the night and even stripped down to my underwear (though I don't really understand why that would make a difference.) Any contemporary help would be greatly appreciated.Mothrosa4 3d
4d In the Blink of an Eye having trouble with this quest...in the blink of an eye...im in dalaran over deadwind pass...when i go to tell khadgar to open the portal the window goes black. can move and target if i can mouse over something...but i cant see anything and he doesnt port the city. any info?Helmir2 4d
4d No wquests for Storm relics? I keep seeing Iron, Fire, and blood relics for the rewards for Wquests but i never see Storm relics. Can a blue post confirm that the Storm relic wquests are about as rare as a legendary? lolFlexeçute1 4d
4d The Nighthold: Eye of Gul'dan So apparently if you killed Gul'dan you can't go back and get your quest item... Why? I understand epic/legendary loot drops but for quests? I'm working twice as hard for something I didn't know I had to do at the end of the quest (obviously I could of looked it up but I was ignoring that factor because spoilers reasons) and I can't even get my reward? This makes sense.Døømguy1 4d
4d Eminent Grow-main Hi all, I can't get this quest chain started. I've looked it up and I am at the starting location and Exalted. I've went all over the place looking for additional quests or a chain to start, but cannot find anything. I have everything else done except this quest line and Jandvik's Jarl. Any help would be appreciated.Paddlelock1 4d
4d Battle of Snowblind Mesa I've done all the quests in Highmountain except for the battle of snowblind mesa. I've been trying to get the Pathfinder Achievement Part 1, but the NPC isn't giving me the quest. Is there something else I need to do?Lucavex1 4d
4d Suramar Quest line help Where do i find the first quest in suramar for main story line? I have done some back in September but it was just the intro stuff. I have 0/11 on main story. Where do i find or pick up the starting quest called "An ancient gift"? I am also using the Wholly and grail addon but still have no luck finding the quest. Thanks in advance :)Dankmagix3 4d
4d Karazhan attunement I need 2 quest for Karazhan Dungeon,Eye of the Beholder and Fragments of the Past.I went to Premade groups ans all I see are people trying to do Return to Karazhan Mythic-Is this the group I need to complete these quest? The quest say nothing about doing this dungeon in Mythic-Zasa2 4d
4d Lucid Strength not completing I raise my weapon and channel, and the little explosion happens, but I don't get the quest completion.Reila2 4d
4d Accidentally abandoned 3rd artifact quest I accidently abadoned my third artifact quest for the Scepter of Sargeras and I cant seem to find a place to pick it back up again.Blackbourne2 4d
5d abandoned quest and cant get it back i abandoned the quest cornered and crushed in the sepulcher on a new toon and now i cant get it back. You kill a worgen for a book and it starts it automatically but he doesnt drop the book anymore. anybody have any good suggestions on getting it back? the quest involves meeting a group of undead outside a mine and going inside to kill worgen and they're not there anymore. thanks in advance!Whizzbang18 5d