Quests

Oct 26, 2010 Welcome: Please Read! Welcome to the Quests forum! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss quests in World of Warcraft with your fellow players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy, so we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct (http://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct) and guidelines (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15252595157) before posting. Important Reminders: Search The search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely effective and robust. Before you create a new forum topic, please be use it to search for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer for which you are looking. Making a new thread on an existing subject can result in your thread being deleted or, if you continue to re-post the same content, the loss of your forum privileges for spamming. Rating The forum rating system can be used to promote positive discussion, demote unhelpful comments, and even report posts that violate the forum Code of Conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with several options, including a "thumbs up" (Like) and a "thumbs down" (Dislike) icon. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon will rate the post up. If enough people like a post, it will gain a Highly Rated status and appear at the top of related search results. Highly Rated posts will also have a highlighted background. Clicking the "thumbs down" icon will expand a drop-down menu which will include "Dislike," "Trolling, "Spam" and "Report" options. "Dislike" will rate the post down. If enough people dislike a post, it will be darkened, and with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden completely. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of a violation. Please note that you can only rate each post once. Use your power wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Have fun posting on these forums, and good luck with your adventures in Azeroth!Lylirra1 Oct 26, 2010
2d Weekly Time Walking Dungeon Where do we sign a petition to change this from 5 to 3. Because holy smokes 5 is far too much for some of these.Kryptus2 2d
2d Destiny Unfullfilled bugged? Hey all, trying to do this quest, but when I click on the extra action to see Illidian Memories I get into an extremely long loading screen and then back to the same spot I was. I have disabled all addons and still wouldn't let me in the scenario. Any ideas?Eathiel0 2d
2d Disabling Daily Quest Icons Is there a way to disable daily quests icons on the map? Trying to do only story-line quests and occasionally, more often than I would prefer, daily quests are getting in the way visually. Any suggestions would be appreciated.Thangoradrim6 2d
2d Follower: Hulda Shadowblade questline. Hello and thanks in advance to all answers & help. I am currently trying to do the questline to obtain the follower Hulda Shadowblade in Spires of Arak. I have the Brewery as needed for the follower. The quests are: Befriending the Locals A Lack of Wasps Not Here, Not Now Attempted Murder Assassin's Mark The Power of Poison Extrinsic Motivation Gardul Venomshiv We Have Him Now No Time to Waste and finally Standing United I cannot figure out which quest I stopped at though. Does anyone know of a decent quest tracker so I can figure out which quests I still need completed to finish this this questline & get the follower? Thanks in advance!Shredar3 2d
3d Establishing Your Outpost (Talador) Has anyone else been unable to complete this story line? I looked and looked and do not seem to have any quests left. HELP!!!!! Ty... (IDK if this is a known bug or what, I just want it done.)Snêakernight15 3d
3d WQ/Dailies, not rewarding to raiders Increasing the gold and azerite power on the daily emissary cache was great, and a big step in the right direction, but it doesn't solve the whole problem. The problem, which existed in Legion as well, is that the way the gear scales with your ilvl up to a cap of 340 (370 in the case of azerite), you reach a point fairly early on where you stop seeing a tangible reward for your time. If you take a fresh 120 out to do WQ without buying gear or spamming dungeons first, you may get lucky and get a WF/TF piece, but most of what you get is going to be about the same level you're already wearing if you quested to level. (I have even seen WQ rewards that were a downgrade from pieces I'd gotten while leveling alts) So you go out and raise your ilvl with dungeons/buying gear and for a time, you have a good chance of seeing upgrades from WQ/caches. But once you have all 340 gear or better, you no longer get a meaningful reward for doing WQ or the emissary caches save for the gold/azerite power ones. There's nothing satisfying about feeling like the only reason I'm going to do my four WQ is to get 800 azerite power that doesn't even make a dent in what I need to level my neck. Many people I know have stopped bothering to do them at all for this reason and frankly, if you're not doing dailies, there's not a whole lot else to do outside of raids right now once you've geared from raiding and M+. Perhaps even more frustrating, is when your 356 alt's emissary azerite armor cache is 355 instead of 370. I mean honestly, what is the point in giving us these rewards if by the time we're high enough ilvl to get them, they're no longer useful? So here's what I think, obviously we can't have limitless gear scaling from WQ rewards but they should still be worth doing for those of us who won't use the 340/370 piece. When a max level character goes back and does leveling quests, they get a higher gold reward than a leveling player would because you're no longer getting the xp from them. So when a max ilvl (or higher than the reward) character does a WQ with a gear reward, they too should receive further compensation, either in the form of a lump sum of gold or azerite power. It doesn't have to be anything ridiculous, but enough to feel like it was worth your time to go out there and do it. Furthermore, a 356 character should not be seeing a 355 reward when the item scales up to 370. If you're above 355, you should get a 370. It's that simple. If you're above 340, you get the 355. People are quitting this game because they are bored and tired of grinding for no tangible reward, small changes here and there can go a long ways toward fixing that problem.Fenrirulv5 3d
4d Can't start Mag'har Orc quest chain Can't start Mag'har Orc quest chain. I am exalted with honorbound, finished ready for war. Etrigg has no quest for me in orgrimmar. Perhaps I missed something but I dont think that I did.Itsdatmage5 4d
4d How to get Ruins of Oronaar Quest Does anyone know how to unlock this quest? This is what's needed to get your followers from lvl 900 to ilvl 925. The only info I've found is that you need 6+ followers at lvl 900, which I have. Must finish all the argus quests, which I have 3/3. I finished the greater invasion points quests and quests after that. I finished the Antorus Raid. Still no Ruins of Oronaar quest from Alleria, all she does is talk about the crest of knowledge. Anyone know what else is missing?Alphalightbr3 4d
4d Is Warmode breaking quests? I'm not paying $15 to work for blizzard fixing this garbage game. Low level questing with Warmode ON has prevented me from turning in an obnoxious amount of quests. This is JV garbage that the intern is supposed to catch. Not a a fully fleshed out 14 year old MMO. Small indie company right? I'm tired of submitting bug reports. So is my wallet.Malyce6 4d
4d boosted to 110 and no Garrison Hi I boosted a character to 110 and bought the prepurchase BFA and was alarmed to see no garrison . HOW do i get a garrison with this boosted 110,,Blizz can you fix it?Spinestealer15 4d
4d I can't seem to get started in 1000 Needles I have an 85 mage I'm trying to get a specific belt on, for transmog. This belt comes from a quest in Thousand Needles. I can't get said quest until I do a long chain to unlock it. I flew down to the boat in the middle of thousand needles, and there's only one quest there, that immediately sends me to tanaris. I levelled this mage loooooooooong ago, so he's never done any of the cataclysm quests. I can't for the life of me seem to kick start the thousand needles quest chains. Any suggestions?Gruklaar7 4d
5d The Dark Portal Quest Not Showing up. I'm at a standstill. I have completed the WoD intro, Spoke to King Varian..but then nothing. I read you are supposed to get an Automatic quest called The Dark Portal. I didn't. I read you can get it off the quest boards in major cities, its not there.. Either I am bugged. Or I am missing a Step! Any Ideas? Thanks!Nightßorn21 5d
5d World Quests for Artifact Some artifact weapon skin recolors require the completion of world quests, it does not specify Legion. Do BFA world quests also apply?Scurr1 5d
5d Pandaria and Warlords Legendary Quest Lines. With the addition of the many allied races I would once again enjoy playing through the rich and deep story lines associated with the Mists Of Pandaria Cloak and Warlords Of Draenor Ring Legendary quest lines on each of my new Allied Races. I know the reward is obsolete at higher levels but the adventure to obtain them is very satisfying and engaging. Please bring them back. I am sure your new player base would enjoy them too during their play through.Soulinsane0 5d
5d Killing General Jakra'zet in Vol questline What's the trick with this guy? Have been killed 5 times now on this quest... Am L120 Unholy DK and have been killing the Wanted's that recommend 3 players solo easily, but for some reason this quest has me stumped! I kill the totems etc, but everytime I get him down to 15% or so HP he just wipes me in 10 seconds even when Ive got over 1/2 HP left.... Any advice would be greatly appreciated!Zrothlex4 5d
6d Only two Tortollan quests... again. Once again, Tortollans are emissary and once again, there are only TWO quests on all of the islands. I haven't been doing them since I got exalted, so there should be a ton of them. Seriously, this is the same issue we had with Kirin Tor, why has nothing been done about this?Jeolene4 6d
6d Slippery Slopes Please fix this WQ, getting slowed by nothing and the yeti catches up, its impossible to do in its current state.Morbys7 6d
6d Has the 25 quest log limit been removed? I see no mention of the number of quests in my log and didn't see in the patch notes if it was removed.Beedle12 6d
6d How do I get to Draenor? How do I get to Draenor on my level 110 alliance character? I boosted this character to 100 when i started playing again, so i missed out on the WoD questline. I Dont have that many regrets, since I hated WoD - but I do want to get the Jewel of Hellfire in Tanaan, now. I can neither find the Dark Portal quest on the hero's board nor in my quest log, and cant I enter the Dark Portal on my own, either. I vaguely remember there being some kind of cutscene thst sends me to Draenor when I played WoD, but idk how to initiate it, or the questline. Wat do.Redshuftja12 6d
6d Hour of Reckoning quest exclusive to BFA ? The Hour of Reckoning quest just popped up when I logged in today, I haven't even bought BFA, is this normal ?Wolfgard1 6d
6d Allied race unlock problem Purchased expansion? Check Have all pre-req done for allied races? Check Hit the Orgimmar Embassy, talk to Sylvanas, check out the two races, make selection? Check! Turn in quest to Sylvanas? Check..........and..... NOW WHAT? Achievement didn't happen. Scenario didn't start? Soooo? Fix?Tenebrius88 6d
Nov 10 S.E.L.F.I.E. Camera Quests? How do I get the S.E.L.F.I.E. Camera quest to show up in Stormwind? I’ve been to the quest giver, Arielle Snapflash, and she doesn’t have it. I know you can also get it from the garrison, but I haven’t gotten that mission. How do I get the Camera?Doness6 Nov 10
Nov 10 Quest Map Markers Hello, Is there a setting to turn off quest guides? I enjoy finding objectives using the directions in the quest description, and was just wondering if turning off the markers on the mini map and regular map is possible. ThanksAmellador2 Nov 10
Nov 10 Quest frustration: Wendigo to sleep Didn't see any threads on this yet, so I'm writing to say I was confused and felt frustrated with the Storm Wake emissary world quest Wendigo to Sleep, for a few reasons. Value recommendation up front: Why not have the flask start off in my inventory like many other quests, and I can then go about slaying Highland Maulers, collect some bee pheromones, and kill Ironbeard? First, trying to find the the starting item took me about 15 min, more time than it took to then complete the quest. I enjoy completing a set of emissary quests in 20-30 minutes. The starting item is a flask, nestled into a branch, only visible when you're practically standing on top of it, and it wasn't near the map quest marker. Second, I also felt a let down on its significant when I only had to use it the once. Third, seeing its acquisition unlock the rest of the world quest makes me question its value, and ask why? Hope this helps! =DGrimdy0 Nov 10
Nov 10 Suggestion for "The Healing of Shen-zin Su" I tried sending this suggestion through a GM ticket, and it's late at night. I wanted to post it somewhere now that I wrote up this massive letter for a GM, but it had exceeded the character limit, but that's all good. I'll just post it here ;) Hey there, I have recently cleared the starting area on my Rogue Panderan, Smashpanda. I really enjoyed the story, but I had one major issue with the quest titled: "The Healing of Shen-zin Su." While I have completed it, I realized that there were some major fundamental problems with the quest itself. I'll list off some problems, and ways I'd fix it. The objective of this quest is to work with the Horde and Alliance to heal the scar which has resulted from the removal of the alliance ship lodged in the side of Shen-zin Su. I feel as though the player must work in tandem with other players to complete this objective. Players must recruit alliance priests and horde druids to heal the scar, and then protect them from adds which spawn along the scar. Normally, this would be fine, but my issue, is that I created the character and there happened to be nobody else on at the time. This may be a result of the recently released allied races, or the time in which this quest chain was completed. When you're playing by yourself in this quest, you're forced to do both objectives, and depending on the class you can have an insanely difficult time doing so. I'd imagine classes like warriors and monks would have an easier time due to their AOE mechanics, but assassination rogues are short range, limited to one long range ability, a throwing ability, "Poisoned Knife." To me, I was able to handle these adds without many issues, after dying a couple times trying to figure out a strategy. My strategy, was to aggro all the mobs, disregard my health pool, and stand in Ji Firepaw's healing orbs which can only spawn while he's in combat. That was the only way I could complete this objective. In hind sight, I feel as though when he does his crane kick, you'd be able to transfer aggro to him to make it easier, but I didn't think of that at the time. Also, I may have had a much easier time switching to outlaw, but again, passed over my head. As for my suggestion to fix this issue, there are a couple ways I could see this done. First, adds could spawn closer to the alliance camp, forcing them to go through mobs, which would split up aggro, and allow users to turtle on the healers once they've been given safe entry to the wound. Currently, adds spawn on the hills less than 10 yards away from all healers, so if you're soloing this content, you need to stay very aware of the adds which spawn. New users may not understand this. Another option, is to have even one or two Alliance or Horde Infantry men or grunts fighting off, and splitting up the aggro of these adds. Really, there were times where I had to balance 7-8 adds on my character at once, which I was able to handle, but others may not. The entire time, I was streaming this on twitch, if you'd like to check it out or forward it to your quest building team, be my guest. If anything, the description is more important than the video as it outlines a couple more struggles I had to go through to get the quest operational. I also recorded this on a potato. Thanks :) https://www.twitch.tv/videos/273111724?collection=RtiA10H6NxWvsQNeleron4 Nov 10
Nov 9 Speaking of Loremaster, Duskwood... There are five storylines to complete, but one, Morbent Fel, can not be started because the questgiver, Elaine Carevin (https://www.wowhead.com/npc=633/elaine-carevin#comments), no longer offers quests. So, does that mean it is not possible to get Loremaster for Eastern Kingdoms because you need to have those five to get Duskwood. The other four I apparently did back in the day when this toon was born in CATA.Bowmayden1 Nov 9
Nov 9 Azerite Armor Emissary Is it just me or have we not had Azerite armor emissary on NA in over a week. Seems odd compared to previous weeks. We've had an entire rotation of faction emissaries and nothing. Is this nerfed / bugged or just purely RNG?Zenolols5 Nov 9
Nov 8 Order Hall access for 110 boosted monk I've spent hours trying to figure this out. I'm giving up. Need help please! I boosted this monk from the BFA pre-order. Levelled up to 120 and don't remember seeing anything directing me to the order hall quest line. Research shows the quest line used to begin with a quest called Before the Storm, which was given to you by an NPC that approaches you in Dalaran. I never had this happen to me in Dalaran. And it seems that the Before the Storm quest has been removed from the game. The next quests in the guides all start from NPCs on The Wandering Isle. But how do I get to The Wandering Isle? Zen Pilgrimage takes me to The Shrine of the Ox in Kun-Lai Summit. I can't find any quests to follow from there. Can anyone help? Is this a bug from the boost? Or can you suggest where I look for a quest to unlock the order hall? Thanks!Jayrro2 Nov 8
Nov 8 You can no longer get Loremaster title Unless you are a Dranei. One story line called "The Unwritten Prophesy" is not able to complete since it is only for Dranei, thus you cannot get Bloodmyst Isle Quests achievement or Loremaster anymore.Zeéna7 Nov 8
Nov 8 Insurrection Nightborne prerequisite I am somewhat confused and was hoping someone could provide some illumination. I pre-purchased BfA. I didn't have a level 110 Horde character, so I used my boost to create one. I haven't previously completed any Suramar content. Do I need to complete all 11 chapters to be offered the Insurrection content? I had read that there are no longer reputation gates to the content, so I do not understand why I haven't been offered the quests that begin the Insurrection chapter. I suppose what I'd really like to know (and can't seem to easily find answers to) is how does one go from not having a Horde character to pre-purchasing BfA and unlocking the Nightborne? Any help is greatly appreciated!Qinkyu13 Nov 8
Nov 8 Snakes in the Shallows WQ glitch Today doing WQs in Stormsong Valley I had this quest glitch out on me. Everything was fine with the quest but when it came time to find my 5th Zeth'jir conduit it was nowhere to be found. I waited around and the female Naga that they were next to originally spawned back it but no conduits did. I left the area and came back later to everything seeming to be re spawned but there was again no conduit. I ran the entire surface of the quest zone to no avail. So I was unable to complete this quest today. :( Hopefully this does not happen to more people, super frustrating.Oconah6 Nov 8
Nov 8 Why is there no shield from emissaries? A couple days ago I logged in on an alt and saw the emissary reward was an offhand. So I immediately logged over to my Pally, hoping to finally replace her blue shield (I've had terrible luck with drops on that toon) only to find that the same emissary was offering a 2h weapon to that toon. Now I realize that the emissary rewards aren't "spec specific" and the game doesn't care that all of my toons are tanks, but if there's an offhand reward, there really should be a shield too.Fenrirulv1 Nov 8
Nov 8 Fastest way to get darkmoon daggermaw Whats the fastest way to get darkmoom daggermaw at the DMF?Ssyndra1 Nov 8
Nov 8 Fun quest zones Does anyone have a favorite zone with fun quests below 60? I’ve recently embarked on leveling every playable race to 120 and would love to hear some people’s opinions on which zones they enjoy the best. There are quite a few zones I’ve never done since the cataclysm. My favorite so far was horde side alteric mountains.Zansaber9 Nov 8
Nov 8 Where to get darkmoon banner kit? Im trying to do the tailoring profession quest at the DMF but i need the darkmoon banner kit. Can someone tell me where or how to get it?Ssyndra1 Nov 8
Nov 8 Where's Murkie I have gone twice to turn in an Island Expedition quest to Murkie in the Shipwreck Cove. I have a screenshot of the little murkie standing there, sans question mark. Any suggestions?Paharita4 Nov 8
Nov 7 Demon Hunter starting quests Good day all, So like 2 weeks ago I decided to make a Demon Hunter and before I thought about it, I applied a boost to him that I got for the expansion. As soon as I did I realized I would want to do the starter quests for them at some point. Is there anyway to go back to the zone on the character to do these? And if so how?Kozer1 Nov 7
Nov 7 10 Days no azerite armor emmisary So I recently went back to Alliance, I brought my rogue back on October 26th, and my priest over on October 29th. Since I have been back not a single azerite armor emmisary has shown up. I got my priest to the ilvl whereI can get 370 azerite. This is one of the only things holding my ilvl back now, I've been waiting and waiting every day and nothing. Wasn't the whole point of the change to emissaries that drop azerite to make it more accessible? That's what they told us at least, so I ask you Blizzard. Where is the azerite at? I can't get it out of mythic plus, the raid isn't dropping anything for me, there feels like no point to play if I can't get the items I need to push harder content.Ailannà1 Nov 7
Nov 6 Can you solo Echo of Gul'dan? Holy cow this guy is nuts. Interupts have to be perfect to avoid his spells but he still hits like a truck. Plus at 20% he heals and goes back up to 50%. it is making me wonder if you can actually kill him.Kevorkion11 Nov 6
Nov 6 4am is not 5am Calendar clearly says the weekend event ends at 5am. It's 4am and you removed the quest. I was at 3/4 and had an hour remaining to do the last one, per your singular source published to the player regarding the quest expiration. I know what the underlying problem is. Don't bother pointing that out. 14 YEARS, and you still don't know how to program for daylight savings time? Fix this. And next week, it shows 5am too. Guessing that'll be wrong as well. But the week after shows 4am? Your computers don't know when DST toggles? Why are we even dealing with this? Do you want 4am or 5am; there's no reason for it not to be the same 365 a year.Arcanesavior2 Nov 6
Nov 6 Emissary weapons and Assassination FFS Blizz, DO YOU NOT HAVE DAGGERS? How many bloody months into this PoS expac and NOT ONE DAGGER from emissaries.Hateshotalt0 Nov 6
Nov 6 Be Raptor quest in Stranglethorn bugged When I try and do this quest, as soon as I try to "warp" to inside the raptor I am disconected from the game.Aisvarya3 Nov 6
Nov 5 Issues Unlocking Mag'har Orcs I recently unlocked the reputation to unlock Mag'har Orcs. While doing the quest line I noticed a lot of issues that I think need addressing. First and foremost, it seems like it is majorly over-tuned. This is coming from someone who used to mythic raid and currently has started raiding again in the form of heroic, so this isn't just "some LFR hero who doesn't know what they're talking about". I was able to do it as a BM hunter thanks to my pet but even it was taking a thrashing. I feel like a lot of other classes would really struggle. I don't believe it's designed to be a 'challenge' as such because none of the other allied race quest lines were like this at all in regards to the difficulty. Next issue I have, and this is really a small one by comparison, is the lack of portals to each place you have to go. This wouldn't bother me really aside from the fact you are talking to races that have access to portals and teleportation. It even says this in the quest text multiple times. Why not utilize that instead of having to run every which way and wait for hearths to come off cool-down to get to the next place? Honestly it's a bit ridiculous.Valka5 Nov 5
Nov 5 Toxic Tolerance with a 120 in sane time? Is there any reasonable way to get Toxic Tolerance https://www.wowhead.com/quest=13850/toxic-tolerance done in under a couple hours, with a 120? It used to be doable in minutes, back in the day. Now I estimate with even bare naked and rez sickness punches one shotting level 60 Venomhide Ravasaurs, I'd need the better part of a week killing the tiny number of slow spawning Venomhide Ravasaurs between BGs. Surely there must be an easier way? I thought the Soft Foam Sword was it, but nope. It two shots. And I never even got any procs of being poisoned, while testing it. 100% extra attacks before mob death is something, but you really need to be able to do dozens of attacks to get poisoned procs at a feasible rate. Must I really level an alt just to get the mount from this quest chain, in 2018? TIA :-)Quyelde2 Nov 5
Nov 5 Quest - Show Me What You've Got I just do not have the hand eye coordination to complete the quest. I have consulted wowhead and youtube and see how it can be done, but I just can't get it done. This quest is part of a achievement chain and as such I can't complete the chain. So if the chain is a prerequisite to anything important I am out of luck as I am an uncoordinated numptyLlayandra45 Nov 5
Nov 4 Shadowmoon Anguish Fortress I cannot get into Anguish Fortress. I found Rulkan and she gave the key and went to the fortress and talked to the npc but I still can't get through the barrier. Rulkan has become a follower. I have checked my inventory and my bank and I cannot find the key. I have gone back to the cave and it is empty and I have talked to Rulkan to no avail. Can anyone help me?Lavonn0 Nov 4
Nov 4 If you built it Anyone know any other way to get Chaotic Spinel tried AH no one post it, been posting in chat for a couple days but no one have it. (Xenedryenne0 Nov 4
Nov 3 Past battles and victories quest I’m just returning to WoW after a period away and I saw a video on youtube about a year ago of a quest that I’m wanting to do (I think in legion but I’m not sure) that basically takes your Character through his/her timeline of past battles and victories. I’m not certain if it’s class specific however if anyone knows the quest I’m talking about I’d love some info on where to start it many thanks in advance!Demazis3 Nov 3
Nov 3 King's Rest quest not gotten during War Campaign Didn't get King's Rest quest during War Campaign quest Blood in the Water when everywhere I've looked says you get the quest during that part of the war campaign.Aerynsun5 Nov 3