UI and Macro

Mar 14, 2013 heal harm no target Ok so i been working on a macro that when im in kitty form it does rake when a target is hostile.... and when i target myself or another friendly player it lets me Healing touch, i got it to work but the problem i have is when there is no target, I dont know how to make it cast healing touch when not targetting anything. So heres how it works target mob >Press Button< = rake Target self > Press Button < = heal touch not target anything >press button< Heal touch Heres what i got #showtooltip Rake /cast [harm] Rake; [help] Healing TouchHellzhand1 Mar 14, 2013
Mar 14, 2013 WeakAuras help Hello addon fanatics. My question to you is, a difficult one. I stumbled upon a custom WeakAura setup from a fellow feral druid that I liked. I went ahead and downloaded the core addon and implemented his script/import info. Problem I'm having is, all I get are black bars, no icons (as you can see in the pictures).... Is there anyone who is experienced and fluent with the addon able to walk me through steps to fix this? Black bars with text (It's located by my right, back thigh - tiny bars) : http://i.imgur.com/780q2JY.jpg?1 What addon should look like (op - first 3 images): http://fluiddruid.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4446Caylanol0 Mar 14, 2013
Mar 14, 2013 Turn off new map circle thing? How do I turn off the circle thing that appears on the map when I open the map?Lynnaru15 Mar 14, 2013
Mar 14, 2013 Fix Old Yogg Portal Macro /run local j=1 for i=1,GetNumRaidMembers() do local n,r,g=GetRaidRosterInfo(i) if g==1 or g==2 then SendChatMessage(j.." "..n,"RAID") j=j+1 end end I used to use this macro back on Yogg. It would list off all the members of groups 1 and 2 to raid chat and number them, but it doesn't work anymore. If anyone could fix this I would greatly appreciate it.Blight3 Mar 14, 2013
Mar 14, 2013 Havoc @ focus then Shadowburn @ target Hello all, I have a question about a certain way to make a macro, or if it's even possible to make it this way. I'm trying to figure out how to make a macro to cast "Havoc" on my current focus, then cast "Shadowburn." Which I was pretty much able to make, BUT i have a couple of problems with it. 1. When I have my target as a focus (if it happens by some chance) the macro just stops at "Havoc" 2. Whenever the items or previous spells have been used, it tries to use them again, and cannot move forward from that through to "Havoc," let alone "Shadowburn". I'm wondering if there's a way to bypass an item if it's on CD as well. basically my macro looks like this #showtooltip Shadowburn /stopcasting /use Dreadful Gladiator's Badge of Dominance /cast Dark Soul: Instability /cast [@focus,exists] Havoc /cast [@target,nomod] Shadowburn Thank you for any help in advance.Evilmuke10 Mar 14, 2013
Mar 14, 2013 debuff/cc addon? I'm looking for a mod that lets me see enemy debuffs/cc clearly above the enemy name plate. I like the one Swifty uses in this video but I don't know the name of the addon http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhwKZ8b88YM&feature=share&list=UU6idiEhlPEreqzCWfQ_GiLwWubjub1 Mar 14, 2013
Mar 14, 2013 Macro Stops working I made a macro and I use it once or twice and then it stops working... I don't know whats going on sooooo... ideas?Drougr10 Mar 14, 2013
Mar 14, 2013 Please HELP with this addon I'm using tidy plates: threat plates BUT its not displaying the thick threat plates its only displaying the regular tidy plates. I updated them for 5.2. Do I have to enable them or something? If so how do I do that?Tuley2 Mar 14, 2013
Mar 14, 2013 cameraDistancemaxfactor 4 help. I tried to zoom out more than I am now, but for some reason it isn't working for me. I remember using it during Cata for Al'Akir and it worked fine. I tried: /console cameraDistancemaxfactor 4 That didn't work I tried to change it from my config-cache SET cameraDistanceMax "50" SET cameraDistanceMaxFactor "4" That's what it's at currently.Sainius0 Mar 14, 2013
Mar 14, 2013 Please HELP with this addon! I'm using tidey plates threat plates but instead of showing the thick THREAT plates, it is showing just the regular tidy plates. It was working fine until I realm changed. Any ideas?Tuley4 Mar 14, 2013
Mar 14, 2013 Addon Guide?? Hey guys just thought i might make this for ya's :), hope it helps some if not most of you guys. I have seen a number of people asking for Addons so i thought i might do one for what i use :). Cheers :) http://www.youtube.com/user/TwinzEntertainment?feature=mheeByson0 Mar 14, 2013
Mar 13, 2013 Macro refinement help please So, I decided to give mouseover healing a try ( I don't use addons of any kind). I got the macro to work well in a dungeon or raid, my problem now is its hard to heal my self when the spells don't cast unless my mouse pointer is on me, problem is when I have 6 or 7 mobs surrounding me its hard to get the mouse over myself. My question is, is it possible to have the macro cast the spell on me if I am not hovering over a raid frame or a players character? If so where and how would I insert that into my macros. Here is a copy of my macro setup: #showtooltip /cast [@mouseover] Chain HealAnkanamoon2 Mar 13, 2013
Mar 13, 2013 AddOn-Update-O-Magic and cache cleaner Hello, everyone. First post here! :D But you don't want to know that, right? So let's go straight to the point. :D I'm not happy with WoWMatrix, CurseClient or any other one. (I tried only the Curse and WM ones, though.) I mean, I was happy with WM, until I found what they did, so it's not an option now. And I disliked the Curse Client for the three times I used it. The thing is, I made a .bat to auto-clean the cache for NPCScan purposes, run WM, and (when you close it) run WoW. But, as you may suppose, I want to skip the WM thing and code the updater part myself, so I can distribute the code for free, with absolutely no adds, nor hosting cost (since the players would only copy/paste the code), and, especially, not overloading the sites, as WM. My point is: I don't know how to do it. Nor do I have the smallest idea on where to begin. (I thought of coding it in Python3, but a .bat doesn't need any install, and that is the one thing I really want. And I couldn't figure out how to do it, anyway...) I did some research, googled a few things, but nothing relevant came to me. A few days ago (with the little free time I found), I searched for something again, and looked into some batch coding, but still no leads. If somebody could guide me, please help! Oh, and here's the baby. :) A free-to-use, self-made cache cleaner. (Could use some improvements in the code, though...) Just save as a .bat and run it. (Or convert to an .exe if you wish.) @echo off title World of Warcraft :home cls set wowdir=C:\World of Warcraft set wowloc1=enUS set wowloc2=ptBR set wowexe="World of Warcraft Launcher.exe" set wowmatrixloc=C:\Users\Don Ryu Dragoni\Desktop\Games set wowmatrix="WowMatrix.exe" :delwowcache del "%wowdir%\Cache\WDB\%wowloc1%\creaturecache.wdb" /q del "%wowdir%\Cache\WDB\%wowloc2%\creaturecache.wdb" /q cls echo Cache cleared. :home2 echo. echo Select a task: echo ============= echo. echo 1) Start World Of Warcraft echo 2) Start WoWMatrix and WoW echo 3) Delete cache folder and start WoW echo 4) Exit echo. set /p c=Type option: if "%c%"=="1" goto startwow if "%c%"=="2" goto wowmatrix if "%c%"=="3" goto delcache if "%c%"=="4" exit else ( cls echo invalid command goto home2 ) exit :startwow start "" /D"%wowdir%" %wowexe% exit :wowmatrix start "" /D"%wowmatrixloc%" /wait %wowmatrix% start "" /D"%wowdir%" %wowexe% exit :delcache rd /s /q "%wowdir%\Cache" start "" /D"%wowdir%" %wowexe% exit Please note that this is the 2.0 version. The 2.1 doesn't have the WM part. And the list of AddOns installed: Auctioneer DBM NPCScan Scrap SilverDragon As a final note, if this is something I shouldn't be doing, please alert me. Or if it's a really complex coding. Or if the code is a piece of hell, and I should be ashamed to be alive. Thanks for your time!Aldredd3 Mar 13, 2013
Mar 13, 2013 Weak Aura Issue So about 15 minutes ago my weak aura's were working fine. After a quick relog I logged back onto this: http://i.imgur.com/98qFrS5.jpg Now along with the weak aura above my target frame that I don't even have, I can't open Weak Auras. /Wa and /weakauras Doesn't work. At this point I'm stumped, I've already reinstalled it, and nothing.Kurae1 Mar 13, 2013
Mar 13, 2013 Combat Text addon Im looking for an addon that allows me to change the the text for damage done / taken. I tried MSBT, but essentially all i want to do is change the size / font of text. The problem with MSBT is the damage I do isn't displayed over the person im attacking. Anyone have any suggestions for an addon that can accomplish this?Uknowmyglow2 Mar 13, 2013
Mar 13, 2013 Aff Warlock: UI to track DoTs in multi target Hi everyone, I apologize in advance if this has been asked already, and for the lengthy post... Navigating the virtually unlimited UI options for WoW is proving to be quite challenging for a n00b like me... As an Aff warlock, I'm looking for a UI interface that allows me to track DoTs on several targets at the same time. For Tier 15 raid bosses, this might prove to be crucial (I'm thinking Horridon and Council of Elders..) So far, I'm using this: WeakAuras on my main target, to have an idea of what's going to go away soon Spellflash: very good to maximize DPS on a single target TidyPlates: been trying to use it to track DoTs on multiple target, but it's not working very well for me The main reasons why TidyPlates is not working are that: Depending on the size ond positioning of the boss, the whole health bar can be out of the screen (if it's very tall), which basically renders it useless The health bars "hide" behind each other sometimes (this might be a problem with my configuring it wrong) Clicking on a different bar is not very operative (it can take me more than one click to choose the right one). So this is how I imagine my perfect situation: I will track DoTs and rotation in my target using WeakAureas and Spellflash On the side, I will have a clickable list of all the other mobs in which I have applied a DoT with a timer on how much each DoT will be active. With this, I could be, for instance, DPSing the Zandalari Dinomancer while easily making sure that Agony stays on Horridon, without having to move the screen around like crazy or similar. Now, my question is: is this even possible? Am I asking for something stupid? It it can be done... what recommendations do you have? And if there is no way to do this... perhaps any suggestions on how to best configure TidyPlates for this? As you can see, I'm still in my first phase of learning this - any kind of advice will be more than welcome! Thank you everyone :)Shulax4 Mar 13, 2013
Mar 13, 2013 1-Click Queue Macro for Arenas (repost: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8197740973) "If it ain't broke don't fix it" So goes the old saying and in my opinion the old honor tab wasn't broke. But now my Queue Macro is (see below). would any of you fine gents have a fix? /console Sound_EnableSFX 0 /script TogglePVPFrame() /click PVPFrameTab2 /click PVPConquestFrameConquestButtonArena /click PVPFrameLeftButton /script TogglePVPFrame() /console Sound_EnableSFX 1Ragnarius3 Mar 13, 2013
Mar 13, 2013 Looking for a datatext mod with attackpower If anyone knows of one that is updated I would appreciate a link. A fellow guildy has been after one with no luck and I am not sure what line codes to alter to fix outdated ones. He is not interested in using Tukui or Elvui so please do not suggest that. All he needs is something like: SLDT: http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info21714-SLDTSimpleLightDataTextKaraswa-fanupdate.html with http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info20744-SLDataText_StatLine.html but updated Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.Pryda2 Mar 13, 2013
Mar 13, 2013 Assistance with Weak Auras I was wondering if anyone could assist me with creating a Weak Aura that could play a sound whenever I (and only I) cast Hand of Freedom. Any help would be very appreciated.Kurisu9 Mar 13, 2013
Mar 13, 2013 Get a target OR target my ally's target I want to make a macro (without installing mods) that will do the following with a single key press: - If I'm targeting an ally, target my ally's target and Charge. - If I'm targeting an enemy, Charge. - If I'm targeting nothing, target an enemy and Charge. But I seem to be having trouble getting it to work right. If anyone can help, I'd greatly appreciate it. Bonus points if it can also do the following: - If my target is dead, target a living enemy and Charge. - If I'm targeting an ally, and my ally has no target, target an enemy and Charge. Thanks for the help!Wigglethorpe3 Mar 13, 2013
Mar 13, 2013 created a macro that is working for kick. I wanted it to say kick is up and good when i use kick but now i want to delete the macro but it don't show in my macro's under /m. how would i delete the macro so my lowbie rogue isn't saying that?Upirlupirina3 Mar 13, 2013
Mar 13, 2013 please help me with gladiatorlossa How can I add devouring plague to gladiatorlossa I have tried putting it on there adding the spell ID and it still does not call it out.... am i doing something wrong please help! Nothing i do works and I can not figure anything out. Does anyone have suggestions or how i can fix it/ make it work?Ryguy2 Mar 13, 2013
Mar 13, 2013 NPC tracking add-on I'm using NPCScan, but it leaves much to be desired. Anyone know of a different/better one?Quessan1 Mar 13, 2013
Mar 13, 2013 Mouseover casting Hello, I was wondering if anybody knew of an addon that allows you to cast by just hovering over any raid frames (without having to physically click). The addon clique used to let me do this, but one day it just stopped working. I'm not interesting in anything that has to do with macros, and I'm not interested in any new raid frames addons. Besides this, does anybody know of a simple mod that allows you to hovercast? (or a way to fix clique to work the way it used to)Maleratha5 Mar 13, 2013
Mar 13, 2013 Guide on Rogue Macros :) Hey guys just a little something i made for those fresh rogues who are in need of help with macros :) If u have time on your hands, go right ahead and check it out. hope this helps! http://www.youtube.com/user/TwinzEntertainment?feature=mheeCorupt0 Mar 13, 2013
Mar 13, 2013 Voices only sound add-on? Hey guys, I really love all the voice work and music in the game, but I'm not a huge fan of the combat and spell effect noise - is there an addon out there that can remove most of this so in combat (and out) I'm just hearing voices? (hehe.) Thanks :)Solarbeard2 Mar 13, 2013
Mar 13, 2013 Mount Macro Question. I am trying to create a macro that will summon one of my mounts every time I press the button, I am well aware of how to create this with a random mount listed in the macro. Unfortunately I am trying to make one that is NOT random and I can't seem to find out how, so my question is this, is it possible to create a multi mount summoning macro where every time you press it the next mount listed in macro's text will be summoned instead of a random mount listed? If somebody can answer this for me i'll be very grateful.Gravelli1 Mar 13, 2013
Mar 13, 2013 Get all enemys in my range How can I get all enemies that are in my range? I'm making an addon and need this function :/Newmoon2 Mar 13, 2013
Mar 13, 2013 Shadow Dance Macro question So I've figured out how to get Shadow Dance to jump to a new action bar the way I want, what I was wondering though is if there is a command that would return me to original action bar when Shadow Dance has expired? Is there like a timer I can set so that after 8 seconds the action bar changes again? Thanks for your help.Kentigern1 Mar 13, 2013
Mar 13, 2013 Macro help Hello, I am using this macro /script UIErrorsFrame:Hide() #showtooltip Malefic Grasp /cast Blood Fury /cast Dark Soul: Misery /cast [nochanneling:Malefic Grasp] Malefic Grasp However now I am not seeing any text tracking quest text in the center of the screen. Is there anyway to get that back?Twinkielock3 Mar 13, 2013
Mar 13, 2013 Cast Healing touch in feral form can someone help me with a self target healing touch macro. I need this so i can cast it when predatory swiftness popsHerreric1 Mar 13, 2013
Mar 13, 2013 Modifier Not Working. /cast [mod:shift, nomod:alt] Unleash Elements /cast [mod:alt, nomod:shift] Hex /cast [nomod:alt, nomod:shift] Healing Surge my shift and alt modifiers are not working for this please helpSkumpy3 Mar 13, 2013
Mar 13, 2013 Enemy Swing Timer Addon I'm looking for an addon to track my enemies swing timer for better use of Shield of the Righteous. I've come across BossSwingTimer (http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/bossswingtimer) but it doesn't have a config or a way to lock the bar. Any help would be appreciated.Kurisu4 Mar 13, 2013
Mar 13, 2013 cc addon looking for the addon that displays an icon on top of players showing cc duration. eg. a sap icon above a player when sapped. thanksToxiks2 Mar 13, 2013
Mar 13, 2013 Question about TidyPlates/Threatplates showin So since the update to the addon for 5.2, I've noticed some strange behavior in TidyPlates / ThreatPlates. Basically, sometimes on some mobs all the 8 raid markers will appear small in the top middle of the nameplate. I don't know if this is a bug or some feature I'm not understanding, or if anyone knows a way to turn this off? I like having the nameplate show the raid marker if the mob is marked, and color it's hp by said marker, but showing all 8 like this is just weird. Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/SdeduNl.jpg [edit] Also seems like for some mobs nameplates are not even showing up at all. And they're disappearing if the mob gets tapped by somebody else. Is the addon just buggy in it's current release?Ayleah1 Mar 13, 2013
Mar 12, 2013 Health bar color mod? I am looking for a mod to replace a certain functionality in CT_UnitFrames which is now a dead addon that is providing me with errors despite someone 'fixing' it for 5.2. The function I want is for health bars to change color as the target loses health. It is a small thing but I'm a little bugged without it since I've been used to it since 2006. Preferably it would gradually change from green at full health to yellow to red at low health. Is there anything that does only this function and nothing else? I don't want different unitframes or anything else. Thanks for your guidance.Cavauro3 Mar 12, 2013
Mar 12, 2013 Favorite DK macro #showtooltip Death Grip /script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Creature\\HeadlessHorseman\\Horseman_Beckon_01.wav") /cast Death GripCantreachyou0 Mar 12, 2013
Mar 12, 2013 auto target macro Hi guys, before the patch i was able to hit judgement, and if i didnt already have an enemy target it would auto aquire one. This doesnt seem to be happening since the patch and I was hoping someone would be nice enough to show me what commands to use. what is the command I should be using for the second bracket to get it to target nearest enemy? #showtooltip /use [@target,harm][@?nearest enemy?]judgement Nayoe9 Mar 12, 2013
Mar 12, 2013 Maintenance UI mode Would it be possible to allow players to access the game in a very limited way (Client side) during maintenance windows to work on our UI. Like to fiddle with the little things like placement of windows and bars that mods and add-ons change from the default UI.Kungfustrype5 Mar 12, 2013
Mar 12, 2013 Weak Aura and Group Ordering I tried other forums only to get no reply so I'll try here: The issue I have is I have a Dynamic Group in Weakauras. The problem is that in the Weakaura options, I have the order in the way I want it. If I do a reload ui, the ordering is correct in the order I want it. However once I start testing it out, the order becomes jumbled up. I've tried different sorting options, removing items from the group and putting them back in. I've even tried exporting each of the the strings, deleting the item, relogging, and importing each of the strings. Nothing seems to be working. https://www.dropbox.com/s/w6ej55a42x5vu9i/WoWScrnShot_030913_101813.jpg I'm not sure what is going on, but this is starting to piss me off that this is not working. Does anyone know what I can do to fix this? I am using the latest alpha if that helps in any way. This problem only started happening once I decided to add a new item to the list and/or moving things around. Until last night it was working fine.Delritha2 Mar 12, 2013
Mar 12, 2013 Casting on target of target Does anyone know of a macro that will let me cast frost ward on target of my target? ThanksIllwai1 Mar 12, 2013
Mar 12, 2013 Macros/scripts? would like a blue post Im sure this question has probably been answered in the past but i have had trouble finding it. So here goes, I was wondering if it was possible/ allowed (as in not breaking the rules) to write a script in a macro that would say check for a debuff and recast it if it is not on the target. I realize that a script like this would not be able to determine if the debuff was mine or not but i was going to use it for my CoE. However i do not want to do this if i can get banned for doing so, I would love a blue post on this question to help me decide if i can start trying to figure this out. This macro that I am attempting to create would still only cast one spell at a time and in theory would not be breaking any rules of the game... i hope( ill say it again i dont want to do that lol)Rads3 Mar 12, 2013
Mar 12, 2013 Cancel Cobra Shot? Any way to cancel this besides hitting esc? I don't use the normal keybindings and esc is too far to reach. I know there are stopcasting x2 macros that should do it, but also read this stops auto attacks. I basically want certain other abilities to make it stop and use them instead if I need to, like explosive shot and kill shot. Either that or if I double tab cobra it cancels it.Nuggit2 Mar 12, 2013
Mar 12, 2013 Showing debuffs on enemy nameplates Please help me out with this. I have downloaded tidyplates, configured it all correctly, but it will not show the debuffs. I then downloaded Platebuffs to try instead and it downlaoded correctly but if I try to type /pb nothing comes up, and it is not working. Please can anyone help me out.Gawd8 Mar 12, 2013
Mar 12, 2013 Mastery proc addon? I was just wondering if there was an addon i could use as a resto druid that warns me that my mastery procced and has a timer for the buff. I know when my mastery procs just having issues with the duration of it.Moonrayna5 Mar 12, 2013
Mar 12, 2013 Question on New UI vs Old UI Hey all; I am about to undertake a pretty large revamp of my current UI. I want to be able to work on it in my spare time, but still be able to use my existing setup for dailies, raids, etc. I figure the best way to do this would just swap out folders. Other than the obvious (interface), what other folders would I have to copy over in order to use my old settings until I can get the new UI fully formed? Thanks.Montressor2 Mar 12, 2013
Mar 12, 2013 Macro template for random speech inclusion. Once, a long time ago, I came across a method where we could plug in - not every time - a way to include dialogue to coincide with our abilities. for example: I use "Pummel" and at the same time, my character might say on screen "I'm sorry, were you saying something? You have to speak up, there's a bunch of knuckles in your mouth." or something to that effect. Now, this is pretty straightforward, but annoying if that's the only thing you say every time you pummel. So this macro gave you a few options you could plug in, separated by commas. Even so, to avoid repetition, the macro also included "..." selections, which would call up nothing, and even went so far as to apply the chances for speech to come up randomly, so you'd never know from one moment to the next what text dialogue you'd find. Can this still be done? Are there additional macros that can do even crazier things? I'm somewhat familiar with gameplay macros, but none of the flavor options (or at least, I can't get them to work).Varithal2 Mar 12, 2013
Mar 12, 2013 MSBT Low Mana Sound Origin Anyone know the game that sound comes from? I know I used to play the game. It was freeware, had 3d dungeons, but a 2d overhead party system. Honestly, I'm not sure if the game sound was used by the industry and re-used. Anyway, just looking to get lucky. Thank you all.Zutsori3 Mar 12, 2013
Mar 12, 2013 Lighting up a macro. Is it possible to make a macro light up when so-and-so happens? Like you know, when you trigger a proc. And it glows. Because I would like to make it so that when my mage hits 4 stacks of Arcane Power. The insta cast lights up. :) Just wanting to know if it's possible!Valarea9 Mar 12, 2013
Mar 12, 2013 Macro tooltip changes when I change targets I did an search and couldn't find an answer to my question so I decided to post it here. I'm using the following macro to use a healthstone if I have one, a bandage or either mage food if I have or other food if I don't. #showtooltip /use [exists] Healthstone /use [exists] Conjured Mana Buns /use [nocombat] Pearl Milk Tea /use [combat, @player] Heavy Windwool Bandage The macro seams to work fine however the tooltip/icon is really annoying me. If I have myself targeted, or no target, it works exactly how I would like it to all the time. It shows them in the order listed and the number of charges/items I have (just like dragging the item to the action bar slot). However if I target anything else, friendly or not, the tooltip goes away and the icon reverts back to the red "?". Does anyone know why its doing this or how to stop it? Any Insight would be appreciated. Thank you in advance! /endwalloftext =====EDIT==== Tested with a healthstone in bags and the tool tip defaults to food with no target, and a healthstone if I have anything targeted.Jàxx7 Mar 12, 2013