UI and Macro

Dec 18, 2012 Make this into an addon? /run COMBAT_TEXT_LOCATIONS = {startX = 0,startY = 440 * COMBAT_TEXT_Y_SCALE,endX =0,endY = 630 * COMBAT_TEXT_Y_SCALE}; COMBAT_TEXT_SCROLLSPEED = 2.1 Normally I just remove the /run and place it into my lua file that I have all my other snippets in but for some reason this one doesn't work. As an in game macro it works fine but I don't want to have to press it all the time.Erupted5 Dec 18, 2012
Dec 18, 2012 Need help identifiying UI! Can anyone tell me what UI this mage has going on for his character portraits? http://warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=225171Nects3 Dec 18, 2012
Dec 18, 2012 /console synchronizeBindings 0 not working I was reviewing some documentation about how to prevent keybinds from being synchronized to the server. This apparently was: /console synchronizeBindings 0 along with /console synchronizeConfig 0 /console synchronizeMacros 0 /console synchronizeSettings 0 I checked my config.wtf and the appropriate lines were added to the file. However, this apparently did not stop server synchronization. Keybindings still got messed up on two different computers. What is going on?Goldenhoof8 Dec 18, 2012
Dec 18, 2012 Wow macro vs vanguard macros, help please I just came here from vanguard and I'm not sure if macros can be done in the same way, reading over the macro guide in the new player forum it seems like I need a castsequence but that is limited with what I want to do because retaliate resets on dodge/parry In vanguard we would set up our /casts one row after another with conditional spells on top eventually leading to abilities that are always up at the bottom, because crit abilities start chains we would have the end of the chain as the first /cast, the next part as the second and so on until our normal skills were at the bottom. What I would want to do is cast execute if the mob is below 20%, followed by retaliate any time it is up, followed by shield slam if it is up and finally devastate if I cant do any of the above. I would like another macro for aoe with thunder clap when it is up followed by retaliate. I'm not sure if rage generation gets better as you get higher level but if it does I would also like to add in shield block to the top of both macros so if I have enough rage I use that as first priority, if rage generation doesn't get better than I would prefer to have control over exactly when I use it. I'm going to log in and try to play around with this but any help would be appreciated, thanks!Didlestix1 Dec 18, 2012
Dec 18, 2012 Writing a loot addon And I need some help with a system that can mimic the blizzard loot system. I'm not quite sure how it determines the loot on a very fundamental level, and because of that I can't write the code to figure it out. Basically, the addon is for master-looters who use the 'request roll' feature to be able to put things up for free roll under a certain threshold. I know that it goes Need > Greed = Disenchant > Pass, but when there's a tie roll, the server rolls behind the scenes to see who wins after that. I don't need the exact code, just something that I can get my head around.Andaendis6 Dec 18, 2012
Dec 18, 2012 IgnoreMore For those of you who don't know this mod, it extends your /ignore list to infinity and shares it among characters (no, it doesn't keep you from being grouped with them by the randoming tools, but meh). I'm not joking when I say this is on my list of must-have mods for this game to even be playable. With the state Blizzard has allowed this game's community to get to, a mod like this is the only thing that makes chat channels even remotely useable. Sadly, development hasn't kept up with the client and the current version is mostly borked. Is there any kind soul out there who can clean it up for the current WoW client? Please? http://www.wowace.com/addons/ignore-more/Aurorallew2 Dec 18, 2012
Dec 18, 2012 I need help So, my MSBT was not working and was "out of date" with curse client, i look, oh hey, its up to date. So the rest of my addons are out of date, go back to curse, they are all up to date. Delete all of the addons from curse, and re install. Still doesnt work. Reinstall curse, still doesnt work. Delete all of the addons from the addon file in the interface. Still doenst work. On the addons page in the character page (when you log in.) It says i still have all of them installed. Im really confused and dont know what to do next, any help would be appreciated.Røidrage5 Dec 18, 2012
Dec 18, 2012 Aff Lock Macro: Problems w/ Soulburn I'm trying to create a castsequence macro for my aff lock. I want to cast Curse of the Elements then Soulburn, then Soul Swap and then Haunt. I've tried: /castsequence Curse of the Elements, Soulburn, Soul Swap, Haunt but this ends up casting soulburn a second time AFTER and BEFORE Soul Swap and then casts Haunt after the second time it casts soulburn so it removes all my dots... I tried: /castsequence Curse of the Elements, Soulburn, Soul Swap /cast Haunt But this worked the first time then 'froze up' and wouldn't let me do it again, at all, ever. I don't know what's going on, but macro'ing soulburn then soul swap to apply my dots doesn't seem to allow me to cast another spell after soul swap without casting soulburn again... HELP!Metacrias0 Dec 18, 2012
Dec 18, 2012 Help! Problem w/ castsequence macro/Soulburn! I'm trying to create a castsequence macro for my aff lock. I want to cast Curse of the Elements then Soulburn, then Soul Swap and then Haunt. I've tried: /castsequence Curse of the Elements, Soulburn, Soul Swap, Haunt but this ends up casting soulburn a second time AFTER and BEFORE Soul Swap and then casts Haunt after the second time it casts soulburn so it removes all my dots... I tried: /castsequence Curse of the Elements, Soulburn, Soul Swap /cast Haunt But this worked the first time then 'froze up' and wouldn't let me do it again, at all, ever. I don't know what's going on, but macro'ing soulburn then soul swap to apply my dots doesn't seem to allow me to cast another spell after soul swap without casting soulburn again... HELP!Metacrias0 Dec 18, 2012
Dec 18, 2012 API Recommendation: CCs, interrupts, silences I haven't been on here in a while so I'm not sure if the UI team still keeps an eye on this forum. If not, can anyone recommend another place to post this suggestion? I'm constructing an addon to track all effective control-centric effects on myself and my party. Currently, the API seems to be lacking in information about these effects. Currently, we have an event that tells us when a unit has been interrupted, but not the duration. There seems to be no event to tell us when we've been silence. And as for crowd-controls, the only relevant event or API is the new Loss-of-Control mechanism, but that doesn't seem to function for units other than the player -- moreoever, it is not well-integrated into the rest of the API. I'm putting forth a recommendation for an addition to COMBAT_LOG_EVENT for these types of mechanics, and possibly a supplement to the global API for querying their information. Currently, if I want to track these things I have to listen to SPELL_AURA_APPLIED and then perform tooltip scanning. This is problematic for three reasons: It is very performance-intensive to track every incoming aura application and then scan the tooltips for all possible substrings that match a control-based mechanism. Some of the performance hit can be mitigated by memoizing the results of all tooltips scanned, but that adds a lot of complexity to the already challenging aspect of scanning tooltips to begin with. This part of the code I'm working on is on its own larger and more complex than most of my entire addons. Tooltips are not formatted consistently. For instance, an aura tooltip for various fear effects may say "fleeing", "feared", "running in fear" and a host of other things. Tooltips for most root, snare and other ambiguous effects are even more varied. This pretty much ensures that even a well-thought tooltip scanning mechanism will never pick up every effect unless a huge amount of effort is poured into scraping sites like Wowhead for all possible tooltip descriptions. This mechanism is not portable across locales, so even after the effort is put in to track control mechanisms off tooltips for an enUS client, the addon will still be totally ineffective for all non-English clients. Ideally, the additions I'd like to see would be additional events for CLEU which specifically denote control-based mechanics in a way similar to how SPELL_INTERRUPT currently works. One for "SILENCE[D]" and another for "CONTROL" (which throws an argument denoting the type of control -- "STUN", "ROOT", etc). These events should throw 2 relevant arguments: srcSpellID - Denoting which spell caused the effect. Eg the spellID for Improved Counterspell in the instance of "SILENCE[D]" event or the spellID for Sap in the instance of "CONTROL" event. destSpellID - The spell ID of the aura which has been applied to the player, so that the duration of the effect itself can be tracked. This is particularly problematic for effects like silences and interrupts, which don't currently always apply a debuff -- giving us no way to track their duration (except hackish attempts at checking cooldowns, which often fail). In lieu of making these debuffs visible, we should then get some sort of argument which we can provide to an API call to see how long is left on the effect. Optimally similar events can be added to denote when control-based mechanisms fade or are removed, but this isn't necessary since we can just track SPELL_AURA_REMOVED.Neffi0 Dec 18, 2012
Dec 18, 2012 LUI question? My friend uses LUI and for some reason on certain fights where u have to control something his vehicle UI disappears for example like on Amber- shaper- Un'sokLaureall2 Dec 18, 2012
Dec 18, 2012 Druid shapeshift bar stopped working. Sorry not sure where to look and can't seem to find a fix for this. The reason I am posting here is I believe it was a console autoUnshift macro that I deleted that caused it. What can I delete or edit without losing all my saved variables?Bendder4 Dec 18, 2012
Dec 18, 2012 Simple Chat Macro I am having a lot of trouble creating the right macro for a simple chat or saying... I want to post a phrase to the current party I am with but when I use /s or /p it says my phrase in general "right next to me chat" or I get the saying that I am "Not in a party" even though I am in a 5 man dungeon. What do I need to fix? Thanks in advance. GravydragonSplixxi2 Dec 18, 2012
Dec 18, 2012 Hunter CS / SS stop cast help trying to bind /stopcasting to my silencing shot to stop CS/SS, but it seems to only stop my autoshot, anyone have any possible solutions?Roxell2 Dec 18, 2012
Dec 18, 2012 One macro for muliple abilities. I am trying to find a way to make a macro that uses different abilities depending on which talent I have selected, because my keybindings for PvE and PvP are change due to having a different priority. For example, if I have dragon roar I want it to use bloodbath, but if i have shockwave it would use die by the sword. If this is possible I would be able to have both PvE and PvP in one spec, essentially giving me three specs allowing me to once again pick up tanking. Unfortunately I know nothing about complex macros, so if someone could help I would greatly appreciate it.Bunnysplat3 Dec 18, 2012
Dec 18, 2012 Add on help for a rookie in add ons? Looking to add Quest Completist but I have never done add ons. Could someone do a step by step please and thank you? I am not computer techy either which doesn't help v.v XadielXadiel1 Dec 18, 2012
Dec 18, 2012 need help with a monk macro hello everyone! i cant seem to figure this macro out... what im trying to do is cast dizzying haze where my mouse is. isnt is @mouseover or something like that? plz help me lol thanks in advance! <3Cherrypop1 Dec 18, 2012
Dec 18, 2012 Mod key Macro I want a macro that will cast Soulburn then Soul Swap but if I have the shift key pressed it will use cd's and cast Dark Soul: Misery and Lifeblood along with it. Would it be something like this? #Showtooltip /cast [mod:shift] Dark Soul:Misery; [mod:shift] Lifeblood; Soulburn; Soul SwapHealyroller4 Dec 18, 2012
Dec 17, 2012 Looking for 2 addons Can someone please reccomend a couple of addons for me. I've searched but alot of the ones I found were out of date. 1)An addon that will allert my party when I'm low on mana. Sometimes the tank pulls when I'm low on mana and need something that will alert the tank 2)An addon that will alert you with a sound or message that will notify you when you have been outbid on something. When I'm doing dailies its hard to see the outbid messages in chat with all the loot spam etc. Thanks to anyone that can help.Zarlanda2 Dec 17, 2012
Dec 17, 2012 Special Action Bar keybindings is there anyone who 'properly' explain to what special action bars are used for? i keep getting retarded msg's's's that those keybinding options are for vehicle control. lol.Kidrøbøt0 Dec 17, 2012
Dec 17, 2012 A small change to macro/gear set making I know it's a small thing that no one else probably cares about, but would it be possible to significantly increase the window size when searching for icons to make new macro or gear sets? I like to use certain icons for certain functions, and searching through hundreds of icons at 12-16 at a time tends to gets tedious. Maybe a 10x10 selection window would help. Like I said, I'm convinced no one else cares, but maybe some people do. Thx for reading if you do. PS- I'm sorry for the repost, blues. I made this thread in General, but didn't realize there was a specific macro/UI forum, so I made a thread here too.Silversyn3 Dec 17, 2012
Dec 17, 2012 Speech Bubble Font Since the most recent patch, the font size for all npc's/what I say is really small. Is there an addon or way to change the lua to make the font bigger in these bubbles?Thríce5 Dec 17, 2012
Dec 17, 2012 Addon for XP bar? I'm currently working on a UI for my leveling characters, and one of the things that's giving me some trouble is the EXP bar. I would like to have it displayed, but it's kind of an eyesore when it's visible with the rest of my UI. I've looked at a few addons for it, but most of them seem to include a lot of unnecessary things I don't want. I just want to change the appearance of it. Anybody have some idea how I can do this?Raisheal1 Dec 17, 2012
Dec 17, 2012 Target Frame PVP Icon Hey there, I'd like to know if there's a mod or a script that will always display the PVP Icon on the target frame? What I'm trying to do is basically see the Race of the player I've targeted via the Alliance/Horde icons that are displayed while pvp is on. Though, I'd like to see them even when I'm not pvp flagged. Something like ClassIcons Mod, but for Race. -B-Bokem0 Dec 17, 2012
Dec 17, 2012 Playerscore Updater I had a problem with the World of Warcraft launcher. For one of the troubleshooting steps, they had me uninstall the Playerscore Updater. I am now no longer able to install it. I have tried with Adobe Air 3.4 and 3.5. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Adobe Air to see if that was the problem. I have ran the installer from online and offline and still no luck. Anyone have any ideas for me to try. Any assistance will be appreciated. Thank you.Bdracoknight0 Dec 17, 2012
Dec 17, 2012 Anyone know what addon this is? I started back up playing after a year off but had saved my addon folder and let curse do the updating. I still have to set everything up but I cannot find out which addon this is. I've unchecked alot of addons in the menu and it still pops up. I need to get rid of it. It displays the buffs/debuffs of whoever I have targeted. Its in the middle of the screen and right of Grid. http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y21/tomhead76/WoWScrnShot_121612_214508_zpsfc16d715.jpgSnyderz2 Dec 17, 2012
Dec 17, 2012 help with harm/help/shift macro :( #showtooltip /cast [mod:shift,@mouseover,help,nodead][mod:shift] Healing Rain; [mod:shift,@mouseover,harm,nodead][mod:shift] Wind Shear; [@mouseover,help,nodead] Healing Surge; [@mouseover,harm,nodead][harm] Lava Burst; Healing Surge Shift on Enemy Target doesn't show Wind Shear instead it shows Healing Rain This is what I wish for... friendly/myself (help) Default- Healing Surge Shift- Healing Rain including mouseovers on help spells. Enemy (harm) Default- Lava Burst Shift- Wind Shear mouseover preferred but isn't necessary. thanks for help fixing this or a guide with up to date macros breakdowns so I can learn the basics.Sixis2 Dec 17, 2012
Dec 17, 2012 Is there a way to not stop a channeled spell? Is there a way to not stop a channeled spell in a macro? Ok, so say I have something like this; /castsequence reset=target, Curse of Enfeeblement,Corruption,Hand of Gul'dan,Harvest Life,Fel Flame Works except.... When I get to the Harvest of life. if I tap the button again in the heat of battle or because of quick fingers, or just because they are plan fat and get heavy, it cancels the spell. Is there a way to not cancel it until it's finished?Rhyvin3 Dec 17, 2012
Dec 17, 2012 Whisper target player. I want to find a way to be able to target a player and send them a pre-written whisper. I mainly want this so I can see players and whisper them about my guild to see if they want to join. I am not so great with marcros so I'd appreciate and explantation with the macro too.Loyde3 Dec 17, 2012
Dec 17, 2012 Wow Legendary Mouse Okay so I've been trying to set up my legendary mouse tonight and I've about had it. I'm trying to get my vent hotkey to be the mouse's "11 right-side button" key, but vent's not even registering that as a button. I've already figured out some other problems I was having with the mouse and other addons/macros but I can't get this one to work. Any idea's why it's not registering the right-side button when I'm trying to set it as a hotkey? Anyone know of anyways to fix that. Just got the mouse tonight so no clue what I'm doing wrong. I'm also not sure if this is the right place to post this, if not I apologize .Seitentaisei1 Dec 17, 2012
Dec 17, 2012 Help Me Clear Chat/Combat Log Window Hi. can someone please tell me if there is a way, such as a slash command to clear or erase the data in the combat log? I am analyzing my moves and how my macros are working by using the info in the log. After a few fights or when I get mobbed trying to practice on one NPC, it all blurs together and I dont know exactly what happened. I just want to clear the log after each fight so I can more effectively study what happens in the next one. Anyone know how? Thanks in advance for any replies.Unsub3 Dec 17, 2012
Dec 17, 2012 Druid Form Macro Currently I use, #showtooltip /cast [mod:altl] Flight Form(Shapeshift); Cat Form(Shapeshift) I would like that modified a bit to Shift Cat form on click, and on Alt+Click use either Flight form if flyable, and Travel form if not, Possible?Énvy3 Dec 17, 2012
Dec 17, 2012 Need Command Demon Macro Help Hi- The result I'm trying to achieve is to use my last stand ability, Shadow Bulwark, obtained by summoning a voidwalker and then using the Grimoire of Sacrifice talent to sacrifice the VW, in conjunction with Dark Regeneration for boosted self healing. The problem seems to be the Command Demon ability. This ability morphs into whatever spell I get by sacrificing my various demons (VW:Shadow Bulwark, Imp:Singe Magic, Succy:Seduce, Felhunter:Spell Lock). To execute these abilities I have to cast Command Demon. This introduces a problem with a standard macro of... /cast Command Demon /cast Dark Regeneration ...due to the fact that I may choose to sac a different pet occasionally. I wouldn't want to, for example, burn a spell lock cooldown if I had sac'd my felhunter simply because I hit my self heal. Ideally I'd like this macro to only cast the Shadow Bulwark ability and none of the other inherited abilities. Is there a way to do this? I've stretched my limited knowledge and can't come up with anything that works the way I want it to. I've even tried using SpellIDs as outlined here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6934185548#2 but I just get the same behavior (forcing me to use the ID for Command Demon and not recognizing the ID for what Command Demon morphs into). Any help or insight would be appreciated.Stoankold9 Dec 17, 2012
Dec 17, 2012 Smash/Jab macro I think that this should be easy and pretty self evident, but I haven't been able to figure it out. How would I make a macro that would cast Keg Smash when its not on CD, and Jab when Keg Smash is on CD?Madsmonk5 Dec 17, 2012
Dec 17, 2012 My macros arent working. Hey i have a razer naga and im setting up for feral pvp. I have in the settings that shift is my focus target key. WHen i put someone on focus and use shift plus that button cyclone wont even cast but when i click instead of hit the button it works. The keybind works fine if i dont use shift so i dont know what the problem isShadowofsin4 Dec 17, 2012
Dec 17, 2012 Resto Shaman DPS Cast Sequence Macro Help Hey guys! Was looking for a single cast sequence for dps as a Resto Shaman for those times that I am able to dps during a fight that covers FS, LB, and LvB. I don't know how to fit in FS without it recasting on every CD, which is obviously a huge waste of a GCD every 5 seconds. Is there any way to get this macro right in a single cast sequence? Or am I going to have to keep FS separate? Thanks!Hauncho2 Dec 17, 2012
Dec 17, 2012 Mouseover... but not? I recently came back to Wow after quitting during Wrath, and I remember having a macro or addon back then that let me hit a hotkey to queue my spell onto my cursor, then click who I want to heal. Since I came back however, I haven't been able to figure out what macro or addon it was that let me do this-- Turning off auto self-cast gives me the effect I want, but I'm pretty sure I remember having self-heal while soloing without having to mess around with anything in my interface. Any ideas?Grenadier1 Dec 17, 2012
Dec 17, 2012 Troubleshooting what should be a simple macro For the life of me I cannot figure out what the problem is with this macro. What I'm trying to do is simply have a single action bar button that will cast Crusader Strike when pressed, and Hammer of the Righteous when I Shift+press. Here's what I have at the moment, and I've tried a dozen other configurations and can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. CS will fire, but HotR will show the tooltip and never activate. #showtooltip /cast [nomod] Crusader Strike /cast [mod:shift] Hammer of the Righteous Any ideas? Is there something strange going on here, or am I missing something really obvious?Kiyo3 Dec 17, 2012
Dec 17, 2012 Target of Target macro Hey guys I would like a macro that casts a helpful spell on the target of my target if my target is an enemy, if my target is a friendly cast that same helpful spell on them, and if there is no target cast that helpful spell on me. Is this possible? I can make the target of target macro, but when I target a friendly unit it does nothing. I tried adding harm and help to the macros but I am pretty sure I did it wrong because it just stopped working. Any help would be appreciated.Raes6 Dec 17, 2012
Dec 17, 2012 lua tutorials and resources? I have an idea for an addon that I would like to make but as it would be my first time in using lua code, I really need some help. I've been searching for some up to date resources/tutorials and not finding much that's less than two years old. Does anyone have any links or suggestions on where to look?Shueilien3 Dec 17, 2012
Dec 17, 2012 Addon to track EXP? Is there such an addon that exists that tracks the amount of EXP I gain per hour? I think my friend was talking about an addon that he used to level alts that would tell him how many quests he needed to do before he leveled, but I am not leveling my alt through questing, so I'm not sure if this would work for me. Also, I'm not sure the name of this addon.Jessaurus2 Dec 17, 2012
Dec 17, 2012 Anyway to increase default UI map size? ... it's way too small especially in Bg's http://i.imgur.com/8gaIN.jpgSixis2 Dec 17, 2012
Dec 17, 2012 Minimap location macro. I am trying to make a macro that will use the minimap location text in a chat message. For example. If I am in AB at the stables it will show "Stables" On top of the mini map screen. I would like the macro to work when I press 1 button it say "Inc to (location on minimap)." I have tried /script minimapzonetext = GetMinimapZoneText(); /run SendChatMessage("INC TO "..strupper(GetMinimapZoneText()),"BATTLEGROUND") And a few others all to no avail. Please help, Thanks in advance.Rkingg1 Dec 17, 2012
Dec 16, 2012 What is causing this? It's driving me nuts. For a short while after I log in, I can freely change my Glyphs. However, after a certain amount of time it gives me the (UI action blocked blah blah do you wish to disable? y/n) I have to /reload in order to change Glyphs again. This has been happening for months on end, and it's finally gotten to me... I must know...Feel2 Dec 16, 2012
Dec 16, 2012 Auctioneer help. I don't need all that stuff Hello, as the title says Auctioneer is just overwhelming with the ah Ui changes, enchantrix, bean counter you name it. I'm just looking for an auction addon that will scan the ah, and give me prices on what something is worth. I tried Auctioneer lite but after it installed I didn't notice it anywhere? If you have a simple addon to suggest please help me out. Thanks.Sargant7 Dec 16, 2012
Dec 16, 2012 DoT Addon? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lP7ZTtJIPs Anyone know the name of the addon used in this video that let's you see the dots over your enemies head?Blackbeardd2 Dec 16, 2012
Dec 16, 2012 Axe toss macro? Hey does anybody know a good Axe Toss @focus macro? Figure it could come in handy when hit 90 and start pvping again. Thanks.Ilsae3 Dec 16, 2012
Dec 16, 2012 macro to switch actionbars? So I'm looking for a macro that will allow me to use the "~" button to switch from action bar 1 to action bar 2, then back again. I am aware that I can change the key bindings to perform this action- however, I only need it for one spec, the "~" button is in use on my other. Any help appreciated. Thanks :)Evangëlist2 Dec 16, 2012
Dec 16, 2012 Mouseover macros? So, I might be remembering wrong, but before in Cata I used: #showtooltip /cast [target=mouseover,help] Word of Glory And it would cast Word of Glory over the person who I've my mouse over, and it still does, but it doesn't cast on myself whenever I have my mouse over nobody. I'm pretty sure it did that in Cata, but I might be wrong. Anyway, what's the proper macro for this? Furthermore, the macro: #showtooltip /cast [target=mouseover,help] Reckoning Doesn't even work at all when I mouseover enemies. It says "No target". What's the proper macro for this?Kaenious1 Dec 16, 2012
Dec 16, 2012 Text pattern for disconnected player in STUF? Hello I was wondering if there is some sort of text pattern or really any option to show if a party member is dc'ed or not. I see that there's an option in Stuf Raid but not in party settings.Adobe1 Dec 16, 2012