UI and Macro

Feb 27, 2013 WoW Cursor The default WoW cursor is hard to see for me, I heard there is an option to disable it and use the windows cursor instead but I cant find the option for the life of me. Anyone who can point me in the right direction?Sáya1 Feb 27, 2013
Feb 27, 2013 PTR + recount/skada Is there any way to get recount or Skada to work on the current PTR? I am having issues getting anything to show up. I unzipped into my addon folder of my PTR client but don't even get an add on button on the char select screen. Is there a way to force it or??? Thanks!Kerlock4 Feb 27, 2013
Feb 27, 2013 Cooldown Flash? are there any addon that simply just flashes on the action button like the wow built-in when that specific spell's cd is off tried spellflash, its good but it doesn't support holy priest tried weak aura and tell me when, but it suddenly appear and disappear is not fit for how my ui is set up tried cooldown count, but its messy since all spell's cd are display, it'll be good if it can be custom to specific ones thzElvest3 Feb 27, 2013
Feb 27, 2013 Addon programming question. I want to add a new button whenever you right click on another player's portrait. How would I go about doing this in the XML document? Or the LUA, if necessary.Aarce1 Feb 27, 2013
Feb 27, 2013 Focus shift macro problems Okay so for arena I'v been trying to get a Shift macro going for when I hold shift it'll do whatever it may be to my focus and when I'm not holding shift it'll hit the target I'm on. Right now I have 2 different binds, and I'd like to clear up space. This is what I'v had and yes, I made sure that it wasn't bound to another key.. I bound it to Shift+X but when I hit Shift+X it'll do the Cyclone on my target instead of my focus but it'll never do anything to my focus no matter what I hit the normal bind X or Shift+X please help :s #showtooltip Cyclone /cast [target=focus, modifier:shift] Cyclone; CycloneBinu11 Feb 27, 2013
Feb 27, 2013 Focus macros break. Alright so since this xpac I've found that when spamming macros such as focus macros like /cast [target=focus] Polymorph or whatever the spell may be, the macro will immediately stop functioning. what happens is i'll use this macro and it comes time when I need to spam the macro to prevent a kill from happening in arena's and it'll stop working. To trouble shoot this I had to remake the macro, this of course leads me to the problem that it happens again the next time i go to use the macro. If i'm over looking something feel free to inform me but as of now I have no way of fixing this and It's quite annoying. -Thanks, I did in fact post this in the bugs forum because I've never had this problem till now.Hoodlifex0 Feb 27, 2013
Feb 27, 2013 Right click menu disable in combat. Is this possible? In raids, sometimes i accidentally right click someone's raid frame bar while healing, and it brings up that menu. This is obviously invasive as it covers everyone else's unit frame, and makes it difficult to heal without exiting that menu. Is there a way to disable right click menus while in combat? or an addon that prevents this from happening?Hexponential1 Feb 27, 2013
Feb 27, 2013 swap action bar macro? hi, if i press shift 4 i can swap my action bar to the second right side bar, i was wondering if there was a shortcut command that would give me the action bar without using shift, a way i could macro it in to my existing defensive stance + equipset Dstance macro what im aiming to do is create a defensive stance action bar that will automatically swap when i change to def stance (and consequently a battle stance bar for my prot spec if i ever get around to that) you know, the same way it used to when stances had their own bars "derp why do you want that?" so i can put taunt and shield bash and those sort of things on it "derp why dont you just press shift 4?" because the point of making macros is to minimize keystrokesAezeon3 Feb 27, 2013
Feb 26, 2013 Customization Wondering the best addons for a new player and make my task bar look cool and have all the hotkeys and such!Xilopho5 Feb 26, 2013
Feb 26, 2013 Macro to assist target with Grid. Pretty much I'm looking for to get a macro going that will assist the target I click on in my grid box. I tried /assist and binding that to my left click but couldn't get it to work, I'm sure I'm missing some key part to it, so any help would be great.Scallops3 Feb 26, 2013
Feb 26, 2013 add-on question Is there an add-on that would flash or givesome audio when my proc is up? I often miss it.Deathrament1 Feb 26, 2013
Feb 26, 2013 Character Sheet addon? Anyone know of an addon that will mod/enhance the default character sheet? When i try to reforge, the default equipment manager automatically pops open and covers my stats window. There has to be a better way to get this stuff done than the obviously fail default equipment manager/reforging functions clunking into each other. (I swear to god if blizzard sold cars they'd come with no wheels.) So i'm hoping someone knows of a work around. A customizable character sheet would do the trick.Stressa2 Feb 26, 2013
Feb 26, 2013 Cast on mouseover then self if no modifier Hi. I'm trying to make all of my friendly target abilities macros, that when pressed with a modifier, cast on raid party members 1, 2 and 3. I have got it to work so that when I am NOT pressing a modifier, it casts on my mouseover. The only problem I have is that when I have no mouseover, I need it to cast on myself. I can't seem to find anyone making this same macro who can help me out. Help is greatly appreciated!! Here's what I have: ...Physically2 Feb 26, 2013
Feb 26, 2013 Add-ons Are there any that tell what the best upgrade would be when you go to a npc to buy gear? Or any that show how much each stat goes up/down when you hover over the gear your looking to buy.Orbbmeebrahh2 Feb 26, 2013
Feb 26, 2013 Need some help from a LUA script master. There are mods that do this so I know it's possible, but what I'm looking for is a script that can equip a teleportation device, use it, then re-equip the original item in the slot on either a zone change event or a spell completion event. I guess timed works too, but it's not as elegant as I was hoping for. This will be outside of combat. I'm not limited by 255 characters but it has to be able to run inside a macro/script interface. I've searched for hours now and can come up with cut short or multiple macro solutions that I either can't get to work or get modified to work with my limited programming skills. (Go C++!) 1 - Equip an item, use the item, re-equip the original item once the spell is complete or on a zone change. 2 - Will not occur in combat 3 - Not limited by 255 character limit. 4 - Preferably using a key press only twice. Once to equip. Second time to use. Automatically re-equips original item after use. 5 - Think like maybe the trinket in Alterac Valley so right you teleport you re-equip your original trinket automatically with just two initial key presses. Argent Crusader Tabard. Tol Barad Tabard. Black Temple Neckpiece. Stormwind/Orgrimmar cloaks.Arielanda2 Feb 26, 2013
Feb 26, 2013 Coin Icons not showing Hello, shortly after the 4.03a patch I notice that my little coin icons disappear, now instead of having my money showing with the little 3 coin icons (gold, silver and copper) I have my money showing like this: "400g 10s 10c". These coin icons are also missing from all the places where money is shown (like quest rewards, random dungeons rewards, cost of items, etc.) Can any one help me out how to change this and have the little coin icons back on my UI? This is happening with and without addons Thanks a lot for your help!Erethor4 Feb 26, 2013
Feb 26, 2013 1-2-3 Hex Macro Just wondering what macro do resto shamans use in arenawhen trying to hex ? I want to create 3 separate Hexes for arena 1-2-3 what are the actual commands ? Also any other must have macros that you'd recommend ? Thank youElmar1 Feb 26, 2013
Feb 26, 2013 Need help with a macro Im looking for a macro that can cast symbiosis on mouse over and clear the symbiosis buff if i already have it, pretty much i just want to mouse over a person and hit the macro and it clear the current symbiosis buff i have and recast it on the person im moused over or just cast if on the person if im not linked alreadyStaples7 Feb 26, 2013
Feb 26, 2013 Adibags constantly moving stuff Hi there. Quick question about adibags. There is a setting to stop "auto sort" if you will but still with this option turned off when I have like 30 "openable" items like chests after clicking 4 or 5 if shuffles stuff around and the bigger problem is the categories like gems and food sometimes gems will be in the upper right hand corner and then other times in the bottom left. It makes it really hard to always know where stuff is. Anyone know how to fix either of these problems? Any help is greatly appreciatedTaylerswifft3 Feb 26, 2013
Feb 25, 2013 Macro stopped working - Why? It worked yesterday. Now it does not. The game didn't patch or anything. For reference, this is a Priest macro. My specs are shadow and discipline respectively. #showtooltip /cast [target=player; nomod:shift/ctrl]Power Word: Shield /cast [target=player; mod:ctrl; spec:1]Renew /cast [target=player; mod:ctrl; spec:2]Greater Heal /cast [mod:shift; spec:1]Vampiric Embrace /cast [mod:shift; spec:2]Desperate PrayerDyodia5 Feb 25, 2013
Feb 25, 2013 Havoc macro Any of you savvy macro people know if it is possible to have a macro to target nearest enemy player (other than the target I am currently on), cast havoc on them, target my previous target, and then cast deathcoil, fear, or chaos bolt? Also, how could a macro be made to cast havoc on my focus target without losing the target I am on, and then casting the ability on current target?Kiranos1 Feb 25, 2013
Feb 25, 2013 Macro help Mod I dont like to hold the modifier such as alt while i press the other key. Is is possible to press the modifier such as alt then take my finger off it and still have the next key be affected as if the mod was still being pressed? So instead of pressing both the mod and other key at the same time can I just press the mod once and then press the other key at some time after? Is this pissible?Tankdead2 Feb 25, 2013
Feb 25, 2013 Vanish/Cloak Macro Is it possible to make a macro that 1.Cast Vanish by it self, and 2, If holding alt would then cast Cloak and Vanish? I know cloak isnt on GCD and atm I use a macro that cast both at the same time, however some times I dont wanna waste my cloak CD and just want to vanish.Énvy2 Feb 25, 2013
Feb 25, 2013 Threat plates question Hi there. Just a quick question. On my warrior alt I am using threat plates for tanking an i'm wondering if there is a way to color bars of mobs i'm not CURRENTLY in combat with. Like for instant lets say I walk into a room with 50 mobs and they're in packs of 5. Well i'm only going to pull 5 at a time but when I pull that first 5 I see 50 red bars and can't tell then when the action starts exactly what mobs are in combat with me and which arent, which leads to pulling extra mobs, or not tanking some. So I have threat plates turn green when I have aggro and red when I dont and i'm wondering if there is a bar I can change to like orange or something for mobs that aren't in combat with me but are close. Or if I can completely disable the bars completely that would be fine. I did find out how to do that with mobs that are further away from me, but mobs that are still close to me all have bars on them, even if not in combat. Thanks in advance for any help.Taylerswifft14 Feb 25, 2013
Feb 25, 2013 Possible interface/addon problems Okay, nothing as changed in my addon list, options, or playstyle, except for the addon Tradeskillmaster, auctiondb module, destroyer module, and accounting module. I just hit 90, and realized in two occasions in two different scenario's, I auto-rolled greed, on green BoE items, with no input at all from me....The only other addon I have is ElvUI, and this has never happened before. I just ran like 20 dungeons in the past two weeks and never had this. Any idea?Dreadling3 Feb 25, 2013
Feb 25, 2013 Floating Unit Bars Addon I am looking for an addon that makes floating unit bars show the debuffs underneath and also not float over the units, but instead all go to the side of the screen like this: http://postimage.org/image/k9nhoo3t7/ Does this exist?Iamthebðmb1 Feb 25, 2013
Feb 25, 2013 Focus targeting Macro Help So I basically want to make a Focus Targeting Macro.. where it will essentially switch through my arena 1, 2, 3 with the press of the Macro. So I press the Macro and it Focus targets arena 1, then I press it again and it targets 2, then 3, then 1.. rinse and repeat. Anyone have the idea of what I'm trying to do? Just one Macro and it switches inbetween all 3 of them. /focus arena 1 /focus arena 2 /focus arena 3 I'm not sure how to make the macro, I know it can be done.. but something like that above. Any help with be greatly appreciated. Thank you.Shadiq12 Feb 25, 2013
Feb 25, 2013 Hunter Macro How do I Write a Macro to Target the nearest enemy then set Hunters mark on them?Hatakhullo2 Feb 25, 2013
Feb 25, 2013 Announce Interrupt Macro So far, I have the following and it works great for interrupting what I need to when I need to. #showtooltip Counterspell /stopcasting /cast [@focus, exists] [] Counterspell What kind of command should I be adding to make it so that it will announce to the raid/party when my Counterspell has successfully interrupted a given target's ability? Many thanks!Kniveschau3 Feb 25, 2013
Feb 25, 2013 Help to turn off in game floating Text. Is there a way to turn off in game floating text? That displays in the center of the screen. Like for an example, there's nothing to attack, spell not ready yet, you don't have a target, you don't have enough runes or manna. This display in the center of the screen is really annoying when you're fighting a boss, or when you go to record your fight. Any suggestions thanksHidytwo3 Feb 25, 2013
Feb 25, 2013 Addon Help - Getting Arena Team Information Hello all, Currently I am creating an arena/rated battleground addon and I'm trying to figure out how I would get the other teams information if a player were to right click -> leave arena or leave battleground. I understand in a perfect situation I can use GetBattlefieldTeamInfo() after UPDATE_BATTLEFIELD_STATUS has fired when a team wins, but that requires the player to stay until the end of the arena (which many players do not do when losing). I know I can get the names of the other team during the arena, but I want their team name as well if they right click -> leave arena. Also, what event fires when a player right click -> leaves arena or rated battelground? Any help or pointers is greatly appreciated!Bgpoints0 Feb 25, 2013
Feb 25, 2013 Macro to taunt whatever is attacking someone So I don't know if this is possible, but I would love to give it a try... Even the best tanks out there need to have a macro like this So I use Healbot on my healers, and i love it, but it is rather useless on my tanks, aside from an easy visual of my party's health and the occational use for a heal or buff, So i'd like to put it to good use on my tanks... I'd love to be able to use healbot and a macro through healbot to do this: To find anything that is attacking a member of party/raid and to taunt it, without targeting the party member or the enemy that is attacking that party member If that doesn't make sence, let me explain it another way, I'm attacking a big group, I notice the healer has aggro from someone... more than likely the healer is not targeting this enemy. Instead of the standard target of target, I need something that would taunt anything that could be attacking the healer. All I want to be able to do is click on their name and it would cast this macro that would taunt whatever is attacking the healer, without changing my target. Now I know that this may be a pointless goal here, considering that there is often more than one enemy that could be attacking the party member, but I want to give it a shot Also, if possible, I would like to make it possible to buff or cast a heal on the party member, but not too important You guys got any suggestions?Biggoron7 Feb 25, 2013
Feb 25, 2013 Looking for Heal Icons on GRID I love Grid and pretty much Hate all others like HealBot or VuhDu But what I'm missing are heal icons on each person. I like to see Rejuv, ReGrowth, WildGrowth icons with timer, I am used to defaul WoW shader that ticks around the icon. Basically Grid has nearly Everyhting I want: Border around whose selected Class color BG and Name plates Mana bars INDIVIDUAL ICONS FOR DEBUFFS - Rather than just changing the whole bar to a color like others.. so silly and annoying. There was an addon for Gris to show hots but it only used basic green squares so it was hard to tell which hot was on the target plus it hasnt been updated for MoP. So basically lookin for Hot Icons on grid if anyone has any suggestions or knows of any other Addons instead. Like i said, most others are not my style. I dont need to cast on left or right click, or have the whole bar change colors for buff/debuffs. I like clean simple Wow style raid frames, but with Hot/Debuff icons.Ragnough1 Feb 25, 2013
Feb 25, 2013 trying to import macros Hi I got a macros-cache.txt file from a friend and I'm trying to get those macros into my own character's specific macros. The txt file is formatted the same as my existing macros-cache.txt file, but every time I use that file for my character and logon to the character, it only gives me one macro and it erases everything else in the file I got from my friend. Here is a copy/paste of the text file. Any help or ideas? When I put that file into my character's folder, it only gives me the first macro listed below, but erases everything else. MACRO64 00000000000000B4 "123" "SPELL_FROST_ARCTICWINDS" /run ArenaEnemyFrame1:SetPoint("CENTER",UIParent,"CENTER",-323,137) /run ArenaEnemyFrame2:SetPoint("CENTER",UIParent,"CENTER",-323,87) /run ArenaEnemyFrame3:SetPoint("CENTER",UIParent,"CENTER",-323,37) END MACRO64 0000000000000073 "13" "INV_Misc_QuestionMark" /use 13 /p TRINKET /cast deadly calm END MACRO64 000000000100000D "purge" "INV_Misc_QuestionMark" #showtooltip purify spirit /cast [help]purify spirit; [harm] Purge END MACRO64 000000000100000A "self" "INV_Misc_QuestionMark" /cast [target=player] purify spirit END MACRO64 0000000001000007 "shcok3" "INV_Misc_QuestionMark" /cast [target=arena3] wind shear END MACRO64 0000000001000005 "shock 1" "INV_Misc_QuestionMark" /cast [target=arena1] wind shear END MACRO64 0000000001000006 "shock2" "INV_Misc_QuestionMark" /cast [target=arena2] wind shear END MACRO64 0000000001000013 "surge" "INV_MISC_QUESTIONMARK" /cast [mod:shift, nomod:alt] Unleash Elements /cast [mod:alt, nomod:shift] Hex /cast [nomod:alt, nomod:shift] Healing Surge END MACRO64 0000000001000014 "windwalk" "INV_MISC_QUESTIONMARK" #showtooltip windwalk totem /cast windwalk totem /click TotemFrameTotem4 RightButton END MACRO64 000000000100000F "ws" "INV_Misc_QuestionMark" /cast [target=focus,harm,exists] []wind shear ENDMoojerk3 Feb 25, 2013
Feb 25, 2013 macro to heal me when enmey is selected so i like to heal with shift and alt mods generally my heals look like this /cast [nomod, @player] Power Word: Shield; /cast [mod:alt, @party1] Power Word: Shield; /cast [mod:shift, @party2] Power Word: Shield; ive never played with pet classes but will be next season. so to heal the pet i will auctually target it but for some spells like heal/dmg spells (penance) this is not good ie. /cast [nomod] penance; (to replace the top line) that will penance my target, but as i like to keep the baddies selected as much as possible it will be dmging them insted of healing me i have been playing around but cant get it to work with stuff like /cast [nomod, harm, @player] penance; /cast [nomod] penace; these two lines to replace the top line but with harm in there it dont like to target the heal on me as a break down what im trying to do. heal me if baddie is selected and heal the target if friendly is selected with out a modifier plz halp mePinkstinkk3 Feb 25, 2013
Feb 25, 2013 can't remember where the setting is A few years ago, I used to heal as a priest. I found that, in 5 man groups, it helped immeasurably to have a solid black background behind the group's portraits. All those bright, flashy effects obscure the player's health for a second or two, and I didn't see them take damage. By the time I could see and started casting, they would often die. The black background prevented any obfuscation, and I could always see the health clearly. But the user interface has changed so much, I don't know how to bring that back. I've spent an hour looking at interface options, graphics options, searching with google and asking other players in "trade" chat, with no luck. How can I turn this on? I it can be done, I used it for years, years ago :) I want to heal as a restoration druid now, and I experienced that same problem. The graphics effects would obscure my vision. Please help.Goldenberry6 Feb 25, 2013
Feb 25, 2013 Misdirection /castsequence macro possible? #showtooltip /startattack /castsequence [@focus,help,nodead, nocombat] [pet,@pet] [] Misdirection; reset=target Serpent Sting, Chimera Shot, Arcane Shot, Arcane Shot, Steady Shot, Steady Shot The intent here is 1 button questing/grinding spam macro for a hunter. What I was trying to do was to get the Misdirection off onto my pet and then my auto shot would put me into combat kicking off the castsequence part but haven't figured out a way to get to the castsequence part. I'm not 100% sure this is even possible but I would I would really appreciate any input from my betters here. Also I just copied the misdirect part from another macro and its probably not optimal if you know a better way for it to go off please let me know :)Spoonieluv6 Feb 25, 2013
Feb 25, 2013 Keybinding question Does anyone know how to copy key binding over from one character to another? I like the key binding on my main and I pressed character specific by mistake when I first did them.Rezdog1 Feb 25, 2013
Feb 25, 2013 Blizzard charging bars is there any way to move them from the bottom of my screen to a more noticeable position, possibly where my health bars (player and target) wont cover it up? I am talking about the bar you get from the dogs in mogushan and the last boss of Shado pan monestary I use LUI btw :)Kerex2 Feb 25, 2013
Feb 24, 2013 Holy Power to display as Combo Points mod? I want my Holy Power displayed on my target as Rogue Combo Points. What mod do I get? Ty!Brethlorn1 Feb 24, 2013
Feb 24, 2013 Extra action button? Can I assign a spell to the extra action button? I set my extra action button to backspace, so now can I set it so when I hit backspace it does a spell? how?Shinerrin1 Feb 24, 2013
Feb 24, 2013 Need macro wizard I am looking for a one button, no modifier macro that when pressed will target arena 1 and focus arena 2, then if pressed again will target arena 2 and focus arena 1. I assume this would have to be some sort of castsequence macro IF it's even possible to do. Any ideas?Logor1 Feb 24, 2013
Feb 24, 2013 Target Nearest Friendly Is there a way to put in a macro to target nearest friendly then cast [SPELL]?Dripster2 Feb 24, 2013
Feb 24, 2013 Looking for player/target health bars I have been using Comergy with my Rogue and am looking for something similar for my Mage. Comergy provides a horizontal bar that shows target health, combo points, energy and player health. I have positioned the bar just below my character which makes it very easy to keep track of everything. I have just started leveling this Mage and I am finding it difficult to keep track of my own health. I have looked at various unit frame addons such as x-perl but they seem way too complicated for my needs. I also tried Ice Hud but much prefer a horizontal bar below my character. In addition I tried moving the player and target frames to positions below and on either side of my character but that was too bulky. I would prefer to leave the portaits up top in the default position. Is there an addon out there that adds simple horizontal bars for player/target health and possibly player mana that can be positioned below the character?Mandlebrot2 Feb 24, 2013
Feb 24, 2013 Macro to en/disable Hat and Cloak display? ^Crazymack5 Feb 24, 2013
Feb 24, 2013 Name that Addon When I last played during LK, I had an addon that would list my gear next to my character info screen in order of iLvl/Teir/Drop location. It looked something like this (to the best of my memory) Ice Crown Citadel Purple Epic One (274) Purple Epic Two (274) Violet Hold (Heroic) Blue Rare One (254) Can anyone name that addon?Zillaby2 Feb 24, 2013
Feb 24, 2013 A macro of macros? I am new to making macros and I'm seeking to make a macro that combines two other macros so that I can execute both at once. I have two macros for recruiting and want to have one macro that combines both so I don't have to do each one separately. Is this even possible?Helathra1 Feb 24, 2013
Feb 24, 2013 DK blood shield question Can anyone tell me what addon is in this UI? Under his HP bar when he uses DS it shows the amount left on his blood shield and the timer on it. you can see it around the 40 minute mark in the video during a boss fight. http://www.twitch.tv/kaywarrior/b/364438745Twèedledum3 Feb 24, 2013
Feb 24, 2013 First time addon user Yes- I have used WoW the normal UI since i've played! I've been doing absoutetly fine but I decided I wanted to get some addons for MoP... I'm a 90 holy pally and I wanted to get a nice UI and some addons but I have absoutly no information of what to get and where.. so... what to get? Some information?Chëlsea2 Feb 24, 2013
Feb 24, 2013 Displaying energy as a number in WeakAuras Is there any way I can use WeakAuras to display my energy as a number instead of a bar? I find that much easier to read than looking at a bar. Basically I want to create a very compact UI with numbers representing my energy and Shuffle on top of a chi bar.Meixie2 Feb 24, 2013