UI and Macro

Nov 18, 2012 Grid + Chi Burst addon help So I found a Chi Burst addon for Grid called Gridstatussmarthealing and gridstatushealtrace both can be found on curse if you are looking. But I have installed them and have yet to get them working to show numbers in Grid as to people it'll hit. Anyone get these working for chi burst if so can you tell me howAesklepius0 Nov 18, 2012
Nov 18, 2012 Mortal Strike / Execute macro? Crowservo1 Nov 18, 2012
Nov 18, 2012 Cast Sequence and Key modifiers #showtooltip /startattack /use [mod:alt] Dreadful Gladiator's Badge of Victory; [mod:shift] Dreadful Gladiator's Medallion of Tenacity /casts [mod:alt] Avenging Wrath; [nomod] Exorcism This is the macro I'm using. I would like to be able to have on the alt press the ability to on multiple presses activate more than one cool down. I want the order of the cast sequence to be the DPS trinket, Holy Avenger, Avenging Wrath then Guardian of Ancient kings. My problem is can't get the cast sequence to allow half of the spells to be activated. It only works in one go with all CD's up. So for example I would like to hit the trinket and Holy Avenger. Then if this is possible a short time later before the cool downs of those two spells are up AW and GoAK or just simply have it reset so I can use it again activating as many spells as I want. Sorry if I'm not exactly clear on what I want here. I not sure how to get a cast sequence macro to work with something like this.Voodoomuffin2 Nov 18, 2012
Nov 17, 2012 Could you name this Addon please? The addon in this video where the damage done/taken appears on the sides like that. I just cant find it anywhere! DX http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpMa3qBouuc&list=UUfooiU2PQGeWOsNec33TShA&index=6&feature=plpp_video Please help <3?Niwawa4 Nov 17, 2012
Nov 17, 2012 How do I whisper who I have selected? With all the special characters and other obstacles in the game, how do I send a /w to whomever I have selected at the time? I vaguely remember it being something like '/w %t Hey, how about those Murlocs?' but that doesn't seem to work anymore. Is there a better way of doing it?Chellan4 Nov 17, 2012
Nov 17, 2012 Gray Item drop Hi everyone. I am looking for an addon that has LDB (Broker) plugin and will let me drop the cheapest item in my inventory. I have used Broker_Garbage but it seems to error... I don't need it to sell grays, but that's fine as well, i mainly need to drop the lowest gray for times when inventory space is needed. Any suggestions?Bearbank1 Nov 17, 2012
Nov 17, 2012 Un-sheathing weapons via addon or macro ? Their is any addon that automaticaly unsheath your weapon when outside of combat ? If not I'd like to know how to code a macro so it unsheath your weapons ? I would just need to add a pause and add it to my /casting macro. thanksVenur1 Nov 17, 2012
Nov 17, 2012 Warrior macros With the recent Nerfs to Rogues, I've decided to pick a warrior back up but .. I've yet to find a arms pvp guide, (for the current patch) macros, priority list or anything its been a complete shot in the dark! any one help?Taylorswiftx4 Nov 17, 2012
Nov 17, 2012 Target of Target Hey I just wanted to know if there was a script or something to help me make my target of target in the same place as in the photo and not the default ui way.Sorry the photo I have linked below is blurry but it was the best quality on the youtube video. http://i.imgur.com/yATKQ.jpgKerrbox1 Nov 17, 2012
Nov 17, 2012 Glow around Party members name plates??? ok returning after a loooong break ... almost 2 years. I just ran my first group in Deadmines and as healer (mistweaver rocks) i was concentration on the party nameplates i noticed a glow around some members plate. At first i thought ok that person is being attacked. Well then I noticed the color would change. Seems there are 3 colors? whitish-yellow, orangish, light red, and dark red. Could someone explain this to me please. Lack of sleep this week has affected me and my Google-Fu is not strong at the moment and after 45 min of searching and finding nada I thought I would just give in, be a noob and just ask.Taintedangel2 Nov 17, 2012
Nov 17, 2012 looking for a bgm add-on or macro Is there any macro or add-on that will let me know the name of any game music currently playing where my toon is at? I just herd some back ground music in Org that I have never herd anywhere in the game before and it played for about 1 min. no idea what it was about or for. I didn't see any events going on during it either but I liked it. Sounded like some heroic event was going on but there wasn't.Dahca1 Nov 17, 2012
Nov 17, 2012 Achievement Macro I am looking for a macro that will bring up the current achievement window, but also creates a list on the right, that will show you if you completed them on your current character. I saw someone on the forum had found this macro and linked a picture and I would really like to see it. The picture can be found below: http://imageshack.us/a/img339/5695/wowscrnshot102812054119.jpgSoanix1 Nov 17, 2012
Nov 17, 2012 Stance/Weapon swap macro or addon? Hi. I'm looking for a way to do this. I want to be able to switch from Battle to defensive stance and back againwith a single press of a button. HOWEVER. I want to make it so when i switch to defensive stance it equips a sword and shield and when I switch to battle stance i equip my 2hander. Can anyone help with a macro or addon that might help? PS: I tried the following macro already. /cast Battle Stance /equipset Battle Stance (this equipment set has a 2h in it) /cast Defensive Stance /equipset Defensive Stance (this equipment set has a 1h and a shield in it)Volnir3 Nov 17, 2012
Nov 17, 2012 Self cast question is it possible to make this macro cast the spells on myself when i hold down alt whitch is my self cast keybind #showtooltip /use [mod:shift,@mouseover,help,nodead][mod:shift]Hand of Protection;[@mouseover,help,nodead][]Hand of FreedomSacapuntas1 Nov 17, 2012
Nov 17, 2012 Juked Was wondering if anyone knew how to make spells on juked line up in order of shortest CD to longestFushida0 Nov 17, 2012
Nov 17, 2012 UI implementation problem I have used several ui compliations over the years and they usually ask you to back up your interface and wtf folders. I recently tried a new compilation and I cannot back up my wtf folder. It keeps telling me that the folder or a file in the folder is already in use. I do not have WoW running when I try to do this. Anoyne out there have any tips to resolve this?Tanglewood1 Nov 17, 2012
Nov 17, 2012 Script to change talents iirc there are scripts that allows you to unlearn X talent and pick up Y talent that you can just make macros for. Can't find anything for it tho. Anyone know what they are?Thermadin1 Nov 17, 2012
Nov 17, 2012 arena 1-3 modifiers with razer anansi I just bought a razer anansi and i'm wanting to make macros that cast X spell on current target and if I hold shift+ctrl modifier arena target 1 ctrl alone arena target 2 then shift arena target 3. Thanks for any input!Lytes5 Nov 17, 2012
Nov 17, 2012 need help with a macro I am trying to make a mouse over macro for renewing mists that will cast on mouse over and with alt held down just cast on myself is that possible to do?Gandrah2 Nov 17, 2012
Nov 17, 2012 Trying to find this UI addon. Please help. I want to know what the name of the addon that is used in this video. The one with the different visual interface. Also, is the addon the same one that has the different looking damage combat text? Another thing, if you happen to know. Do you think this addon will work with bartender? Thanks in advance.Volnir3 Nov 17, 2012
Nov 17, 2012 WorldMapBlobFrame:Show() This is just mostly out of curiosity. What causes this error? It's not specific to any addon (it's been caused by everything from Power Auras, to Recount, to Dominos_Config, and everything else in between, none of which make sense), and it only happens when opening the world map while in combat.Tomaj1 Nov 17, 2012
Nov 17, 2012 Remembering different action bars - Question Hi all, I was just wondering if someone knows of an addon that allows you to (with a push of a buttom or loading a profile of some sort) change your action bar set up easily..... like for example your F1 is warstomp - then you can switch it with another spell. Just wanted to do this easily without having to switch all my spells each time - as my pvp set up and my pve set up are completely different - keep in mind I use default bars (I dont use bartender or anything like that)Sanosano2 Nov 17, 2012
Nov 17, 2012 Request: consolidated attribute update event I'm toying with writing an addon that tracks all my stats, and it's been a bit of a frustrating adventure to determine which events I need to track to be notified if my stats change. UNIT_STATS only fires when primary attributes change MASTERY_UPDATE fires when mastery changes UNIT_SPELL_HASTE fires when melee or spell haste changes COMBAT_RATING_UPDATE fires (I think) when anything other than primary stats or attack power (and probably spell power) UNIT_ATTACK_POWER when attack power changes UNIT_SPELL_POWER when spell power changes (Note: there's no "crit rating change" event. nor MELEE_HASTE). Couldn't all of this be consolidated under UNIT_STATS or some new event? It seems bizarre to have to follow a total of 5 events (UNIT_STATS, COMBAT_RATING_UPDATE, UNIT_ATTACK_POWER, UNIT_SPELL_POWER, plus UNIT_AURA for a few weird auras that affect damage instead of any particular stat) to know when something useful has happened to the player. /the latent OCD in me twitches with the randomness of the apiMendol0 Nov 17, 2012
Nov 16, 2012 /targetenemy I'm pretty sure this ability is bugged, but I want some more confirmation. Here is my bug report: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7004444526 Steps to illustrate problem I'm having: 1. be somewhere with 2+ enemy targets 2. start with no selection 3. left click a target to select it 4. /targetenemy 5. target will not change I've been trying to fix this problem with various conditionals, /cleartarget, /stopmacro, etc... but it seems, once your target has been changed by something other than /targetenemy, two /targetenemy executions are required to resume cycling through targets. The only interesting thing I've discovered when trying different macro permutations is: /cleartarget + /targetenemy. This will never cycle targets, and instead, only target the thing directly ahead of you. However, the beam it projects to intersect a target, is actually a cone, so it finds a nearby side target before it finds what you're directly pointing towards. Tab target has always jumped from my current target on first tab-target-action since Vanilla.Edgy1 Nov 16, 2012
Nov 16, 2012 Skada frames transparency Nevermind. Another addon was interfering and I figured it out. (For those curious, the Elv/Tuk UI extras) Been trying to find a solution to this for the last couple days and I can't seem to find the right google search or forum threads. Is there a way to make the Skada background transparent? If so, how? Thanks.Modhne0 Nov 16, 2012
Nov 16, 2012 Boss Frames; Council Type Fight (showing all) The default UI shows boss frames for bosses that have agro on me, as a tank. But the MV Guardian fight (for example) has other bosses whose energy levels I want to monitor that aren't shown. Can someone recommend a good add-on that will let me track info on all bosses in a council type fight?Random4 Nov 16, 2012
Nov 16, 2012 Auction Data Export Addon? So, basically, i'm looking for some sort of addon/method of pulling bulk data out of an auction frame. I've created a series of spreadsheets to analyze real-time auction data, however i have no way of entering said data short of typing in prices individually. As the input data expands, however, it's getting more and more time consuming trying to enter manually. What would be perfect is an auction addon with Export-To-Text-File functionality, or something similar. So, i'm wondering if such an addon exists already with this kind of functionality, OR even an addon that lets one copy/paste text out of an addon frame. I know there are addons that do this for chat frames.Darkshark5 Nov 16, 2012
Nov 16, 2012 Buff Removal Addon Does anybody know an addon that shows an icon on your screen of the buff you dispel/purge, or in my case tranquilize, from an enemy. It would be extremely helpful.Kuhblewyow6 Nov 16, 2012
Nov 16, 2012 Lucky Charms & Icons: Suggestions & Questions First, my suggestions to Blizzard: Add a simple macro command for target/raid icons. Something like: /mark Moon or /mark 8 or /mark [nomark] Moon; Skull The mark/nomark conditions can only work for the /mark command, as I understand that Blizzard doesn't want raid marks being used as spell conditionals. Unless they change their minds. ^_^ Also, may want to add these as spells in the spellbook, under a new "UI" tab. Could also throw in a spell for /reload ui. Anyhow, I was trying clean up and revise my macros while I was on my mage, and was trying to figure out how call up a specific icon when a hold down the shift key. Since putting up marks in a macro requires a script and thus doesn't have an icon of its own (hence my suggesting to make it a spell), I wanted to have it #show "icon". I do not, however, know how to call up icons. Bear in mind, I'm trying to call up an icon from that huge list, NOT trying to call up a spell. Because the icons I want to use aren't from mage spells. Anyone know what I need to input to get icons to show based on key modifier when there are no spells involved?Terrorsteel4 Nov 16, 2012
Nov 16, 2012 Recount.... why so much difference? So a tank and I queue for a dungeon. We get one and we both reset our recount addon. We ran the entire dungeon together with no changes or nothing. At the end of the Dungeon, my recount DPS says I was top followed closely by the Shaman then the tank then the monk with healer dead last. According to his, I forget who was 1,2, bleh but I was in 4th place DPS. with about 4k-5k difference in DPS between his logs and mine They are both setup the same and were started at the same time and never changed. Why is there such a difference between our 2?Locuid7 Nov 16, 2012
Nov 16, 2012 Looking for debuff summary addon.. Hey all, Does anyone know of an Addon that will show off all the "Debuff categories" covered on the current target? Basically, I am looking for the same information that the new default UI buff shows - Stats? Check, Mastery? Check, etc, except, I want the inverse. I'd like to target an enemy and have it show me "Weakened Armor, Physical Vulnerability, Magic Vulnerability", etc and let me know if there is SOME KIND of that debuff on the enemy currently. I'm about to start leading raids for my guild, and this would be very helpful to keep track of and realize if our people are keeping their debuffs up - just target an enemy and be able to glance and see if people have applied their debuffs.Geofram4 Nov 16, 2012
Nov 16, 2012 "We Love You, Mogit Add On!!!" (Part Two) "Such a useful thing, lets keep people informed." "Let The Shopping Continue....." "I wish I could remember the beautiful player who suggested this Add On to me, when I was hunting for the perfect boots for my Rogue. I finally got it installed and I couldn't be happier with it. Thank you again, kind and beautiful friend, for showing me the way!" "Those of you who know how to teach, please help me spread the word, and show others the way to find their perfect Transmog Outfit!" "MOGIT, I LOVE YOU!!!!!!" http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/mogit "The Original Thread" "I Love You, Mogit Add On!!!" (Part One) http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4139868098?page=1 /Huge Happy GrinCyndilou54 Nov 16, 2012
Nov 16, 2012 Tbag Question I'm looking for a way to use Tbag to separate out the gear I have setup to swap with the in-game equipment manager so that the items are not in the "normal epic gear" spot to be mistakenly DEed or vendored. If anyone knows a way to do this in Tbag, or another bag addon that does this naively I would be very grateful.Harü0 Nov 16, 2012
Nov 16, 2012 Suggestion: Talent conditional It would be really nice if we could have talent conditionals. Since we can't respec in combat, it doesn't seem overpowered. As far as I know we can't do this with /script since casting spells conditionally is protected while conditional macros are not. Rather it would just make us have less downtime and maintenance on respeccing. I'm thinking something like: /cast [talent:6,1] Heart of the Wild;[talent:6,3] Nature's Vigil Now I don't need to redo my buttons every time I change my tier 6 talent. Another, probably simpler way to handle this would just to make a smart spell name that would resolve that tier's ability, assuming it's not passive: #showtooltip /cast Talent1 would cast nothing if I have Feline Swiftness, Displacer Beast if I bothered with that talent and Wild Charge if I took that. Similar tech already exists. /cast Swipe casts the correct spell (finally) whether I'm in cat or bear form even though those are different spells.Tappin2 Nov 16, 2012
Nov 16, 2012 Take Shadowcrawl off of AutoCast Has anyone seen if this is possible recently? It used to be, don't know if its a bug or working as intended, but I don' believe its possible to turn Shadowcrawl off.Shamtard0 Nov 16, 2012
Nov 16, 2012 LF macro that cast on specific targets Right now, I'm using this macro in arenas and has been working well. #showtooltip Nature's Cure /cast [mod:SELFCAST,@player][mod:shift,@party1][mod:ctrl,@party2]Nature's Cure; Nature's Cure The thing is that i would like to be able to change @party# by people's name (for exemple when im doing BGs with friends and dont want to target them). Everytime i've tried, it wouldn't work. Is there a macro for that or is it just not possible?!Natnu2 Nov 16, 2012
Nov 16, 2012 Rate that UI Let's see 'em folks! http://i.imgur.com/JaABt.jpgSamelliot29 Nov 16, 2012
Nov 16, 2012 Debuff timer on vanilla UI Does anyone remember how to turn on the visible line between the dark and light side of a debuff on your target? If you look at videos from early Cataclysm (4.0/4.1 specifically I've noticed). A good example is Reckful 3 at anywhere in the video. If you look at his target / focus you'll notice that there is a small (almost woodlike splinter) on the debuffs of his target / focus. I heard that reckful doesn't use any UI mods so how would it be possible to achieve such unit frames that he has/had?Willix9 Nov 16, 2012
Nov 16, 2012 Grid Status Hostile Unit help please. If anyone is familiar with grid and this particular addon, could you please show me how to get this to show up on my raidframe when someone in my raid is MC'ed by the boss? Particularly, I would hope that background color (default black) of the mind controlled unit on my raidframe turns into a different color (like red). Thank you!Lorilline0 Nov 16, 2012
Nov 15, 2012 Macro Help Hello everyone. I am trying to make a macro where if I hold no modifier it casts Dispel Magic but if I hold alt it casts Purify on my target and if I hold alt+shift it will cast purify on me. I have the following: #showtooltip /cast [mod:alt][mod:shift,@player] Purify; Dispel Magic The problem is if I hold shift for any reason it changes from Dispel Magic to Purify without me even holding alt. I need this for alot of other spells on different characters too so I would really appreciate your help. Thank you everybody for any help you may give me.Azurack7 Nov 15, 2012
Nov 15, 2012 UI scale keeps changing between my alts.. So i think my monitor sucks or my computer i dont know... but my default UI scale is way too big.. and even tho i have the option (auto scale) unclicked it still goes back to that huge UI every time i change between toons... I have ElvUI so thats probably the reason or something.. I just tried to install Titan Panel because it was supposed to set a global UI scale but it was another fail.. =/ Any ideas? I dont really understand a lot about graphics and etc, only the basics. I changed the resolution and etc etc etc... Someone please come up with something that will help my life haha >.< I really dont feel like having to uninstall my ElvUI, but seems like only option if i wanna play another toon without having to go settings, specifics and rescale.Aegdoms2 Nov 15, 2012
Nov 15, 2012 LF addon that tracks proffes... Hello, I am looking for an addon that can count how many items a crafter has created. For example, I had a whole bunch of Ghost Iron bars I wanted transmuted into Trillium Bars and this one alchemist tried to steal two stacks worth thinking I wouldn't notice because their were so many and hes a transmutation master so a lot of extras procd. Well I was counting in a chat window I created that only shows loot. But when you are doing so many its hard to count out of that tiny loot window. So is there a good way of not getting scammed? Preferably an addon or someway I can count how many trillium bars the alchemist has looted? Thank you very much,Foulplayful2 Nov 15, 2012
Nov 15, 2012 Teammate Avatar Window in Arena This is easily one of the most FRUSTRATING things for me right now. In some arenas I will be able to see my teammate's avatar window on my left hand side, right under my own. In other arena matches it will not show. Why is this so inconsistent? It makes NO sense to me. You should be able to see your teammates health/mana at all times in every arena match. Is this a bug?Espiona2 Nov 15, 2012
Nov 15, 2012 Updating Addons Hello, sometimes when I am playing, a box pops up saying that DBM is out of date. How do I update it, better question, how do I update all addons? It says something to copy to clipboard but I don't know what to do. Also, is there a way to check if your addons are out of date and is there a way to update all your addons (that need updating) all at once? Thanks in advance!Âzzarth2 Nov 15, 2012
Nov 15, 2012 Soulburn:Soul Swap macro issue Hello, been using the below macro without any difficulties until the patch. Now it is working intermittently and is unpredictable as to when it malfunctions. Have tried removing parts of the macro and such to find the culprit, but no luck. Spec:1 is Destruction and spec:2 is Affliction. Problem exists while in spec:2/affliction, with the Soulburned Soul Swap not working correctly. #showtooltip /run UIErrorsFrame:Hide() /startattack /stopattack /use [spec:1,mod]Rain of Fire; [mod]Soulburn; Chaos Bolt /use [spec:2,@mouseover,harm,exists][spec:2]Soul Swap /use [spec:1]Mesmerize; Cauterize Master Design intent for spec:2 is to cast Soulburn and Soul Swap (Exhale) when mod is used; otherwise to cast Soul Swap (Inhale then Exhale) without a mod. There are times when it works as intended, and other times that only Soulburn is cast (I do have the shards available :). My hit % is 14.89%. The problem happens regardless of mob level (90 through 92, and even 93 but I can discount the 93 due to the possibility of a miss). When it occurs, I have tried letting go of all buttons and then re-attempting to use the macro; I have clicked off the Soulburn buff in case an unused Soulburn buff was preventing it from working. The shards are used, but the Soul Swap effect (putting UA, Corr, and Agony onto the target) does not work. When this happens, I can use up all my shards trying to get the macro to work without success. Startattack/stopattack is used to target a mob w/o using tab, and because I have a wand and had run into problems with the macro wanding my target instead of casting the spell. Any insight?? Thanks!Faust1 Nov 15, 2012
Nov 15, 2012 Is this macro possible? I'm not sure if I can do this or not...right now I have 3 different buttons with Nature's Swiftness, so I'm hoping I can combine 2 of them. What I'd like, is a macro that will activate Nature's Swiftness, and then cast Healing Touch on myself if I am targeting an enemy, Healing Touch on my ally if I am targeting one, and cast Rebirth on them if they are dead instead of Healing Touch. Is this possible?Conifer3 Nov 15, 2012
Nov 15, 2012 Routes Addon: coustom Saved variables? How do I do this? been messing around with it for awhile, but can't get it to work ...Nehemyah3 Nov 15, 2012
Nov 15, 2012 Macro swapping within itself I found a very cool macro in http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6489939772 Quinten's thread that allowed you to have Battle Shout and Commanding Shout on the same button. But instead of having to hold your modifier key whenever you want to cast the second shout, like most macros would, it instead changes the macro permanently to the other shout, until you press the modifier combo again, where it switches back to the original shout. The macro is: /use [nomod:alt]Commanding Shout /stopmacro [nomod:alt] /run local i,B,C,b,s=GetMacroIndexByName("Shout"),"Battle Shout ","Commanding Shout" b=select(3,GetMacroInfo(i)) s=strfind(b,B)<20 EditMacro(i,"Shout",nil,gsub(b,s and B or C,s and C or B,1)) It's a very good solution for saving a keybind, and preventing accidentally hitting the wrong shout mid raid, as I was often guilty of when I played before, because I had both shouts bound close to each other. So I got to thinking that this semi-permanent switching idea could possibly be used in some other ways, either by macros or by some addon I don't know about. For example, I have 3 different mortal strike macros that I use, one with plain mortal strike, one with bloodbath and mortal strike, and one with sweeping strikes, bloodbath, and mortal strike. These are plain fall through macros, with no modifiers, because when I am using them I want those abilities to be up as often as possible, and both BB and SS are off the GCD. The macros function well for what they are, which are tools to help stiff fingers and slowing reflexes, but they do eat up three action bar slots, and require manually swapping back and forth for a given fight. Now, I doubt it could all be done within a single macro, because the shout macro is 252 of 255 characters, but maybe someone knows a way to emulate the behavior of the shout macro in other ways, with an addon or series of macros?Garrum4 Nov 15, 2012
Nov 15, 2012 Taunt Macro Help... I'm trying to make a 1 button macro that depending on which button I have on what it targets and taunts. Here is what I have, but it did not work correctly last night: #showtooltip /target [nomod] Amethyst Guardian /target [mod:alt] Cobalt Guardian /target [mod:ctrl] Jade Guardian /target [mod:shift] Jasper Guardian /cast Provoke Is this correct where it will target and "taunt" the correct guardian depending on the modifier button?Panzermonium5 Nov 15, 2012
Nov 15, 2012 Simple Heal-Focus Heal Macro for Priest So for the life of me, I can't get this macro to work yet I have a similar macro working for counterspell / spellsteal / polymorph and for the life of me I can't figure out what's going on. #showtooltip /stopcasting /cast [nomod] Polymorph; [@focus,harm,mod:shift] Polymorph; This macro works. It casts polymorph on my main target when no shift modifier is held and polymorph is cast on my focus target when shift is held down. #showtooltip /stopcasting /cast [nomod] Flash Heal; [@focus,help,mod:shift] Flash Heal; This macro does not work, the flash heal is always cast on the target and when I only have a focus target no spell is cast. What am I doing wrong?Jenetta5 Nov 15, 2012