UI and Macro

Dec 6, 2012 One button raid buff macro? Hi guys, im looking for a macro that will buff my party/raid with one button by buffing me first then cycling through the rest of the party/raid and reset after 5 seconds or so. I want to use this macro for water walking, thanks.Môôbs9 Dec 6, 2012
Dec 6, 2012 Join Arena and Random Battleground macro? Hi, I'm looking for seperate macros in which one will join arena on press and the other will que for a random battleground on press, thanks.Môôbs2 Dec 6, 2012
Dec 6, 2012 Help turning off that ulgy extra bar! Is there anyway to turn off the super ulgy hatred bar from the taran zhu encounter in shadow-pan monastery? my ui displays this information for me so seeing this bar is just obstructing my UI, not to say its super cheesy looking. This question doesnt only pretain to this encounter but other raid/quest encounters as well.Namespace3 Dec 6, 2012
Dec 6, 2012 Need some macro help After trying a few different combinations, i've learned I suck at making macro's. I need to setup a redirect/kidney shot macro on my focus. I was trying to make it on an alt modifier so when I push KS it hits my target, and when I push alt it uses redirect and KS my focus. I think i'm running into a GCD problem, is there any way to make it wait to KS until the redirect GCD is done?Naatuma2 Dec 6, 2012
Dec 6, 2012 [Suggestion] Creature Messages / Confessions Please separate Creature Messages from Confessions, in chat Settings. Personal Notes: I want to have Creature Messages checked, and Confessions unchecked.Tocken1 Dec 6, 2012
Dec 6, 2012 Toggle Macro with Delayed Toggle I'm trying to come up with a macro that can toggle an ability with /cast and /cancelaura however I want something to prevent me from immediately canceling the aura if I spam the button. Is there anyway to do this?Fierydemise2 Dec 6, 2012
Dec 6, 2012 Saving UI info I'm about to start experimenting with different UI setups. What all would I need to copy to save my current UI for all characters, and what would I need to delete in order to clear out all old UI info?Ravenlore2 Dec 6, 2012
Dec 6, 2012 Need help with putting scripts in lua file Is there anyone out there that can help me put a series of scripts onto a lua file so they can run on log in? Basically make my own addon. I've tried looking on the internet and looking at guides from other people but nothing has worked. Help would be appreciated :)Mordohealz9 Dec 6, 2012
Dec 6, 2012 Target buff/debuff tooltip not showing Hello. I've gone through all of my default interface options, along with checking all the xperl options to see why my target's debuffs and buffs are not showing. I can see the icon of the buff/debuff, but as I mouse over it the tooltip with the spell description doesnt show. Any help to resolving my problem is greatly appreciated. Thanks in Advance.Ayos6 Dec 6, 2012
Dec 6, 2012 ElvUI Problem Ok so, I downloaded it and in the folder it shows its there, but the add on menu in the character screen, it's not there and when I log in nothing pops up. Do I have to un-install dominoes, chatter mod and sexy map to get it to work?Awnykarta3 Dec 6, 2012
Dec 6, 2012 Random Mount Macro Busted. Ideas? Okay so my rando-mount macro for the longest time has been the following: /run local t if IsFlyableArea() then t={13, 38, 39, 40, 43, 67, 70} else t={12, 42, 45, 59, 61, 65, 72} end CallCompanion("MOUNT",t[random(#t)]) The numbers are, of course, the mount number in the spell book. The problem with this though is the mounts in my spell book like to randomly shuffle around. So when this happens say my ZG Tiger is mount #77, put it in the macro and then a couple of days later it'll just suddenly decide it wants to be #63 in my book and #77 is something lame like a Pinto. I think they rearrange themselves after logging into the other faction, but I am not 100% sure. Does anyone have a working rando-mount macro, or know a way to fix this without me having to download yet another addon? Thanks in advance to those who reply!Jinthiel0 Dec 6, 2012
Dec 6, 2012 Patch 1.0-5.1 Didn't fix people queuin for BG I still see people queuing in groups of 2+ . Sometimes I even see two groups of 5 from people who are using the queue system legitimately. Please break group queing so that no one can queue with buddies. Getting really sick of 2-5 people queuing in WSG/AB/Twin/Mines and pretty much carrying the win for the other team, it's not fair to us other 4 people, 3 afkers and 3 bots who are are trying to legitimately the way BGs were meant to be played.Sneakeh8 Dec 6, 2012
Dec 6, 2012 The horn noises in BGs - AV, Temple of Kotmog Does anyone know what the exact name of these sound files are? I'd like to silence them greatly.... they go on the ENTIRE battleground and I really can't take it.Terrifiedlol3 Dec 6, 2012
Dec 6, 2012 Nameplates not working. Hello, I have recently been using ElvUI, but there is one major problem since I downloaded this addon, MY TIDYPLATES WON'T SHOW! ;/ I have selected the option to disable the ElvUI nameplates and it still won't show Tidyplate's nameplates or Blizzard's nameplates and its very frustrating. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.Asageh2 Dec 6, 2012
Dec 6, 2012 NeedToKnow Question Is it possible to set up a bar that shows your target's health with this add-on? Thanks.Doroteya1 Dec 6, 2012
Dec 6, 2012 JoinBattlefield, Post 5.1? PART 2 The popular post has reached its maximum length and I don't see another one started. Please continue posting here. Original Post: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7200032168Merrik500 Dec 6, 2012
Dec 5, 2012 Status Bars How are they implemented? This is my code. Obviously you don't have my textures, but still, shouldn't this be updating by Status bar to be (less) filled when I take a hit? It's not doing that, it's remaining the same texture. Am I just doing it wrong? Health_Frame = CreateFrame("StatusBar", nil, UIParent) Health_Frame:SetWidth(300) Health_Frame:SetHeight(30) Health_Frame:SetBackdrop({ bgFile="Interface\DialogFrame\UI-DialogBox-Background", insets= {left = "11", right = "12", top = "12", bottom = "11"}, edgeSize="32"}) Health_Frame:SetPoint("TOPLEFT", UIParent, "CENTER", 0, 0) Health_Frame:SetOrientation("HORIZONTAL") Health_Frame:EnableMouse(true) Health_Frame:SetMovable(true) Health_Frame:RegisterForDrag("LeftButton") Health_Frame:RegisterEvent("UNIT_HEALTH") Health_Frame:SetScript("OnEvent", eventHandler) Health_Frame:SetMinMaxValues(0, 100) Health_Frame:SetStatusBarTexture( "Interface\\Addons\\Unit_Frame\\media\\small\\F1_HEALTH_BAR") local function eventHandler(self, event, ...) health = UnitPower("player") maxhealth = UnitPowerMax("player") percent = math.floor((health/maxhealth)*100) Health_Frame:SetValue(percent) ChatFrame1:AddMessage(percent) end Health_Frame:SetScript("OnMouseDown", function() Health_Frame:StartMoving(); end) Health_Frame:SetScript("OnMouseUp", function() Health_Frame:StopMovingOrSizing() end) ChatFrame1:AddMessage("Test2") function Button_OnClick() ChatFrame1:AddMessage("Test") end Arazon2 Dec 5, 2012
Dec 5, 2012 New Raid Boss Frame For certain bosses, like the Stone Guardians, a new frame has been popping up. As this new frame is covering my unit frames and my buffs/debuffs, I'm hoping that someone has found a way to move this thing.Iellah1 Dec 5, 2012
Dec 5, 2012 Destroying totem macros I know they disabled pet totem stomping macros along time ago but I'm wondering if there's a macro where I can cast fel flame and automacticly destroy a spirit link or tremor totem?Demoniclily1 Dec 5, 2012
Dec 5, 2012 What's this addon? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amKYSp7cq0U I'm wondering what the addon used for the castbar is called? To see the ticks on channels.Vethelan3 Dec 5, 2012
Dec 5, 2012 Nature's Swiftness and Healing Touch Hi everyone I'm still new to WoW and trying to give myself some Macro's for my Feral, and was wondering if anyone would be able to help making one. What I would like to know is if it would be possible to set up a macro where I can have NS and HT cast together (without breaking form), and have HT cast without breaking form if I mash when standing still. I want to have it available for when Predatory Swiftness procs and I have a tendency of breaking form when mindlessly playing. Currently I am using: #showtooltip /castsequence Nature's Swiftness, Healing Touch This will never break for when I mash, but when NS is down, the macro is useless to me. I've tried /cast Healing Touch but that breaks form when standing still. Any help would be appreciated.Buffamoo6 Dec 5, 2012
Dec 5, 2012 1 Button 1H/2H Spell Reflect Macro Greetings, I recently created a warrior for pvp purposes and was stumped in trying to create a functional spell reflect macro that fit into one slot of my action bar. A big thank you to Destrian (Eonar-Infallible) who provided me with a simple macro that fulfills this requirement. I imagine this isn't the first time someone has posted a macro for this purpose but since I could not find one easily I figure others could do with this as well. #showtooltip Spell Reflection /equipset [mod:shift] AA; BB /cast Spell Reflection Using the equipment manager create two gear profiles, one of them with your shield and 1hander and the other with the 2hander. In this case AA and BB respectively. I have this bound to F. If I press shift F it equips my 1h/shield if I press it again it casts spell reflect and if I press F it re-equips my 2hander to continue murdering my opponent. Enjoy!Loupina1 Dec 5, 2012
Dec 5, 2012 Warrior Charge Hamstring Macro help! I am trying to set a macro for a charge and instantly hamstring when I get to the enemy. I currently am trying "#showtooltip /cast Charge /cast Hamstring" and it will charge and say something like out of range, this is because it is trying to cast hamstring right away! I need to know how to be able to charge, and then hamstring at my target in one key, can anyone help!? Thanks!Taith1 Dec 5, 2012
Dec 5, 2012 Priest Word Macro - Help #showtooltip/cast [@mouseover,help][@player][] Holy Word: Chastise I cant get it to work, I was simply trying to take all three versions and put it into one button since there are so many abilities in wow. Can this be done anymore?Battlepopez3 Dec 5, 2012
Dec 5, 2012 ElvUI & Incarnation Im looking for the action paging command to send my main action bar into the stealth bar when i use incarnation on my druid. Im currently running the default settings which changes for stance and stealth only. CheersVêxx2 Dec 5, 2012
Dec 5, 2012 Macro conditional question #showtooltip Faerie Fire /cast [@mouseover,harm] Faerie Fire; [harm] Faerie Fire Since I have the @mouseover listed first in the command, that means it will always take precedence right? I've never really paid much attention to it, and sometimes maybe it's because I have a twichy hand that bumps off of the mouseover target. Basically to mouseover and FF stray mobs or the ones who get peeled off because of threat shifting.Shenanigans6 Dec 5, 2012
Dec 5, 2012 Druid Macro Help I can't seem to get macros down to make one that casts Rip while out of stealth and Ravage while in stealth and one that casts Maim while out of stealth and Pounce while in stealth.Spioné4 Dec 5, 2012
Dec 5, 2012 Need some help keybinding Hello! So I'm trying to do my keybinding, and I've encountered two very frustrating problems. The first is that I can't use any of my f1-f11 keys, because they all have built in computer functions. I.E, I press f1, and instead of tragetting me, it minimizes wow, and opens my computers built in help window. I have windows 7, how do I disable this? Secondly, I want to do combinations with the tab key, but it wont let me. The way people do ctrl+5, and things like that, I want to do tab+5... but the game doesnt recognize these inputs. Any help would be appreciated!Littletyrant2 Dec 5, 2012
Dec 5, 2012 What in the world is going on here? function isAlliance() pfaction = UnitFactionGroup("player") if pfaction == "Alliance" then return 1; else return 0; end end So this should be fairly simple, no? if isAlliance() then myFaction = "Alliance" else myFaction = "Horde" end Also fairly simple, no? Except... it ALWAYS sets myFaction to "Alliance" on a Horde character. Is it treating anything non-null as true!? isAlliance() is returning 1 on an Alliance character and 0 on a Horde character. There shouldn't be any issues, except it's ALWAYS setting myFaction to Alliance. What's going on? EDIT: Figured it out. 0 is true in LUA...Thirk1 Dec 5, 2012
Dec 5, 2012 A Cooldown Bar. I am looking for an addon that puts all CDs on one bar, not an Action Bar, a CD progress bar. I have seen it before but never gotten the name for it. So which addon is it? I have at a lost.Asageh1 Dec 5, 2012
Dec 5, 2012 power aura seems dead, any suggestion? Heya, I was using power aura since forever, but it seems like it's pretty dead and was wondering if there were any good alternative. A bit more specifically, if there was an alternative that could watch out for rapture CD (rapture is a passive that has a 15 sec CD but doesn't give any buff or anything that could figure out how to track with power aura)Meit3 Dec 5, 2012
Dec 5, 2012 Weak Auras Does anyone know if its possible to set this up so I have a shadow orb showing for each one I have rather then having 1 orb with a number on it?Fushida2 Dec 5, 2012
Dec 5, 2012 Warrior multiple casting macro help So I made this macro: /cast Berserker Rage /cast Bloodthirst /cast Colossus Smash /cast Bloodthirst /cast Raging Blow /cast Raging Blow But it doesn't seem to be working, for w/e reason Raging Blow won't activate, even when the buff for it is up and everything else in the macro is on CD. For Wild Strike, I wanted to make a macro that would cast it three times for when Bloodsurge procs. I also want a similar macro that will cast Deadly Calm and then three Heroic Strikes. But the ones I have will only still cast the ability once per click. How do I fix these?Valistae1 Dec 5, 2012
Dec 5, 2012 Patch 5.1 didn't fix 5+ BG queue issue. Patch 5.1 didn't fix "queuing for standard or random Battlegrounds in groups larger than 5". All weekend long in Silvershard Mines I saw more then 5 man pre-mades from the same guilds and servers. Today (2012-12-04) during AV call to arms I'm seeing 30+ player premades from the Bleeding Hollow server. So much for patch 5.1 fixing this. I took screen shots if you care.Zwar2 Dec 5, 2012
Dec 5, 2012 [mod:shift] macro help I have [mod:shift] and [mod:ctrl] macros on most of my buttons to save space. They worked fine yesterday. Today, when I press shift, I can see the tooltip change, but the power doesn't activate. Is anyone else having this problem? Any idea what is going on? Maybe Blizz hotfixed something? I tried poking around in my interface. My shift and control buttons are still unbound. Any help would be appreciated.Kickenpunch6 Dec 5, 2012
Dec 5, 2012 battle.net: P1-crash bug been told to post it here, as it will supposedly be seen http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7006892310?page=1#10 i've had this crash bug for a month.... no response on that thread. ANY feedback would be somethingTinymasher0 Dec 5, 2012
Dec 4, 2012 Question on UnitFrames addon Does anyone know a really cleanly coded Unit Frames addon? I'm looking for one to try and understand the inner working of how the textures are being moved. I understand the UNIT_HEALTH event is firing and the addon is calculating the percentage drop in health by getting the max and current health and then sending an update to the frame, but I'm not sure how to set the texture or repaint it. Again. Nice, cleanly coded Unit Frames addon for me to get my hands dirty with.Arazon4 Dec 4, 2012
Dec 4, 2012 Fraps interfering with macros? Every time I run fraps lately, it disables which ever macro I have bound to my number 2 key. Any idea why this could be happening?Ceresc1 Dec 4, 2012
Dec 4, 2012 Has anyone seen these phantom bars? Help! First here's a screenshot I uploaded to photobucket (it's safe calm down) http://i1257.photobucket.com/albums/ii508/StonedAvenger/WTFbars.jpg Since 5.1 hit, I've been having a problem again that I seem to recall having for a brief time period in the past. When I enter combat, I'm getting these weird phantom bars on my UI, up to 3 of them now. I cannot click them, move them, etc. I even tried using /framestack to identify what addon might be responsible..but as you can see in the screenshot it's not returning any info that isn't expected. I'm sure an addon is probably to blame..but I use ALOT of addons. For the last 30 minutes I've been disabling the prime suspects one at a time and them pulling a boss..yet they still remain after disabling quite a few addons that I know feature progress, timer, or health bars...or anything of that nature. Did I mention I use alot of addons? I wanted to see if anyone perhaps has seen this before and know what the issue is. I'm thinking by the time I find the problem myself...I might get a response here from someone who's seen it before. I'm posting a link to a photobucked screenshot, before disabling any addons, and with framestack showing. I've put big red arrows pointing to the bars, mind you the arrows are not part of the UI..just a photoshop job to make it easier to identify what should not be there. If anyone has any experience with this problem please let me know what the source of the problem is...Thanks! In the meantime..I will continue disabling my addons one at a time and punching this boss until I find it...but please...someone save me the hassle! http://i1257.photobucket.com/albums/ii508/StonedAvenger/WTFbars.jpgAoxomoxoa6 Dec 4, 2012
Dec 4, 2012 My buttons look too plain. Is there any addon to make my buttons/icons look.. well, more glossy/flashy/cool/spectacular? http://i.imgur.com/aBQsg.jpg <--- This is what they look like in default form. Boring, right? But here's the catch, I don't want to get bartender, dominos, or any other drastic UI changing thing. I actually like how the default is setup. I've actually tried to search through curse addons for something similar but all I'm finding is buttonfacade stuff, but you need dominos/bartender for it to work.Vethelan8 Dec 4, 2012
Dec 4, 2012 Ratingbuster is there a mod that is updated that works like ratingbuster? I get all kinds of lua errors when i use it now so i am lookin for a replacement.Brakor5 Dec 4, 2012
Dec 4, 2012 Vuh'do Mouseover Does anyone know the option or way to do the following: I want to cast Power Word Shield (or other spells) when my mouse is over a panel and have the Shield put on that person. Right now I use PW:S and it always goes on me. I was having trouble finding how to do that in the options section of Vuh'Do. Or I want to shoot Penace at the panel / person I have the mouse over. Thank you!Bigbantheory2 Dec 4, 2012
Dec 4, 2012 Get current online players in realm Is there any way to get this number? A small dump in the console with the int would be fine. I don't know if this is even possible.Vassalio1 Dec 4, 2012
Dec 4, 2012 Addon confusion. 85 Night Elf Hunter, now in Pandaria. Friend (real person) told me about curse.com and all the neat stuff you can add to help you in the game. I fought by myself over past 9 months to get to 85. I have little knowledge of PvP, dungeons, raids, guilds. I have tough pets, and fly well. I do a lot of auction trading through mail and an exec asst. who stays by bank and auction house. At first look I can't make head or tail of the thousands of addons - which would really help me excell and make my life easier?Tigreshrk1 Dec 4, 2012
Dec 4, 2012 Addon to show off-spec new skills? Simple really. Anyone know of an add-on that alerts you when your off-spec learns a new skill, passive or active, like the actual game tells you when your main spec does? I have literally went 20-30 levels on my off-spec, not realizing I learned a new skill for it because I was in my other spec for a BG/quest/etc. :SReinhilde6 Dec 4, 2012
Dec 4, 2012 Patches and API Changes When there is an API change, I always have problems finding updated content about the changes. The add-on that I support will sometimes be outdated and in a broken state until a user complains. Is there a mailing list to get on to get change information or the best web site to go to to get current information on the API?Mothlight2 Dec 4, 2012
Dec 4, 2012 Changing macro icon based on ability speced Just because I felt like it, I thought i would combine silencing shot and binding shot in one macro. So I have this: #showtooltip Silencing Shot;Binding Shot /stopcasting /stopcasting /use [mod:shift,@focus][@mouseover, harm][harm] Silencing Shot /use Binding Shot The macro itself works fine, as you can only spec into one ability at a time. But the tooltip does not. As soon as I add binding shot it just changes to a ?. Which is strange cause it generally does work in similar macros for example: #show [pet:Spirit Beast] Spirit Mend;[pet:crane]Lullaby /use [mod:alt,@focus][@mouseover,harm][] Lullaby /use [@mouseover,help][target=player] Spirit Mend So I guess what is missing is something like #showtooltip [talent:Silencing Shot] Silencing Shot; [talent;Binding Shot] Binding shot. Well you know what I mean, is there a way to make it work?Strlder4 Dec 4, 2012
Dec 4, 2012 Addon Question - Modal Box "Modernizer" What is the addon that "modernizes" all of the modal windows in WoW? I have seen it in many screenshots WoW Insider. The most recent example is the article on 5.1 Darkmoon Faire. It shows up in the example of the new Whee! buff. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!Wyldclaw4 Dec 4, 2012
Dec 4, 2012 Mail addon like Postal for 5.0.4? Is there a Postal equivalent for 5.0.4 yet?Glodd3 Dec 4, 2012
Dec 4, 2012 Random Level Up Theme Addon Hey, folks. I'm thinking about writing up an add-on that plays one of three level up tunes at a time. Making an addon to play just one sound file is pretty easy. My question is... what do I have to do to make it play one of those three files?Zakoronommor1 Dec 4, 2012