UI and Macro

Oct 8, 2012 Keybind issue Hello! I've recently gotten the Blackwidow Ultimate keyboard. For some reason the 5 extra macro keys on the left side, I am unable to keybind them in wow. Is there some magical spell I need to cast to activate them? thanks in advance!Clovcupcakes1 Oct 8, 2012
Oct 8, 2012 Just returned:better addons than my old list? What are the basic building blocks of a minimalist UI these days? I know it is a matter of preference, but when I took a break from WoW these were my core add ons. Are they still good/being updated? Or has something better come along? Frames: Pitbull or Stuf Action Bars: Bartender Bags: BagNon Buff/Debuff: Satrina Chat: Prat or Chatter Map: Minimap Tooltip: TipTac Any other new toys that people tend to include in most UI set ups? tyvmScian1 Oct 8, 2012
Oct 8, 2012 Language Macro Problems I'm not sure exactly which of the recent patches is the source of this problem, but I've noticed that the following is not working anymore: /run SendChatMessage("I can speak Darnassian!","SAY","DARNASSIAN") Whenever I run that macro, it simply says "I can speak Darnassian!" in Common. Now, perhaps it is worth noting that even when I change to Darnassian manually (via the emote menu), the macro still speaks the line in common. Did something happen with a recent patch that altered the way languages are indexed by the UI? Additionally, this macro no longer works as a language "toggle" macro: /script DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME.editBox.language = GetLanguageByIndex(2) I'm assuming the same issue is occurring, whatever it may be. The only add-on I am running is Weak Auras. Is anyone else experiencing this and/or knows of a solution?Calidil7 Oct 8, 2012
Oct 8, 2012 Revenge still macro-able? Thanks for clicking. I had a warrior an expansion or two ago that I loved and had levelled as Prot. One thing I managed to do was to macro a bunch of attacks together so that whichever one was available would fire. Maybe that makes me a "baddie" but w/e; it seemed to work fine. Anyway, since I dinged 30(?) on this toon, I have been trying to stuff Revenge into my other attacks but I can't get it to work. What I have now is: #showtooltip /startattack /castsequence reset=6 Shield Slam, Revenge, Revenge, Revenge, Revenge, Revenge (just in case lol) (6 being the cooldown on Shield Slam) This works perfectly. HOWEVER, I have come to learn that at 50, Sword and Board will mess with Shield Slam's cooldown, thus trashing my lovely macro. I just wanted to check in and see how others are dealing with this. I have done a lot of googling and haven't found any current solutions yet. If not Revenge, are there other attacks that are able to be added into macros to save space? For example, I also have: #showtooltip Heroic Strike /startattack /cast Execute /cast Heroic Strike which works great, and: #showtooltip /startattack /cast [nomod] Charge /cast [mod:shift] Intercept /cast [mod:ctrl,@mouseover][] Intervene /cast Impending Victory which also allows me to do exactly what I want, which is to use Victory Rush when I am too close to a target to Charge So, yeah. Shout-out to the warrior macro community....Jäck1 Oct 8, 2012
Oct 8, 2012 Question about addons and a seperate install Me and my son both play WoW, we both just started. But I am frustrating him cause I keep messing with the addons and ui's. I think I have deleted the interface and WTF folder a dozen or so times already. I was wondering if I copied WoW to another partition would he be able to run from it and not have to deal with my ui/addon experimentation.Wushen2 Oct 8, 2012
Oct 8, 2012 Sticky Macro's Macro's are still sticky and get stuck on castsequences. For example. /castsequence [nomod]spell1,spell4 /cast [mod:alt]spell2 /cast [mod:ctrl]spell3 the macro will either get stuck on spell1, spell2, spell3 or spell4 and continually cast it over and over. This is not a cache, Data/Cache, WTF or Interface failure, all of my friends are experiencing the same problem. I might also mention this happens on my druid with Faerie Swarm too only the problem with that is that my Druid will not cast Faerie Swarm, it will however cast Faerie Fire but then it will not progress to the next spell! PLEASE READ YOU TICKETS PROPERLY BEFORE PASSING JUDGEMENT!!!Blackmizuchi31 Oct 8, 2012
Oct 8, 2012 Quick glyph swapping Is there an addon to make glyph swapping quick and easy? Because I'm a tank I swap glyphs depending on whether I'm tanking trash or a boss but its just a bit of a pain at the moment.Jadestemplar1 Oct 8, 2012
Oct 8, 2012 Disappearing party frames in arenas? Since the start of the current arena season earlier this week, my party frames have been randomly disappearing half the time whenever I enter an arena, does anyone have any idea how to fix this, or if there are any common mods that have been known to cause this? It seems to happen regardless of whether or not the group is set to raid mode. This is with the default party frames, and I would prefer to continue using them rather than having to download some mod that will completely change the appearance of my UI in order to fix it, if possible.Grimbold1 Oct 8, 2012
Oct 8, 2012 GetItemInfo and caged pets Okay, I'm having some issues with GetItemInfo and caged pets. My addon has begun to throw the following error when a player has a caged pet in their inventory: 1x ReagentRestocker-3.0\Core.lua:320: Usage: GetItemInfo(itemID|"name"|"itemlink") Any information about the changes to the GetItemInfo with respect to caged battle pets would be appreciated.Hydrow2 Oct 8, 2012
Oct 8, 2012 Right Side Boss Portraits Good Morning! I'm attempting to find an add on / UI option that allows me to make the right side boss portraits larger. While doing Stone Guardian, it's difficult for me to see the names and energy levels. Thanks in advance! ZZerlan0 Oct 8, 2012
Oct 8, 2012 Macro Help!! I need help making a macro. Below is what i need to know to make it 1. I need to get a macro to work with Mouse button 1 key binding 2. But i only want it to work if i double click Mouse button 1 (Exp: So i double click my left mouse button and my macro dose what i have it set to do) 3. But i only want that macro to work if i have a pacific item equipped A example would be very helpful Thanks :DKhogun9 Oct 8, 2012
Oct 8, 2012 Help Making a Macro Hey all, I'm not particularly good with macros, so I'm looking for some help making a macro for spells like Execution Sentence and Holy Prism. Basically, I want a macro that when I press the button, the spell automatically selects me as a target without making me loose my current target. To make things more complicated, I also want to be able to press the button while pushing a button, say the Shift key, and instead have the spell target my target. Any thoughts?Rhozul2 Oct 8, 2012
Oct 8, 2012 powerauras Does anyone know if powerauras is working again? Mine has been down since the pre-patch.Kerex2 Oct 8, 2012
Oct 8, 2012 About the mini-map I'm not sure if this was an addon or a default feature, but in Cataclysm, when you targeted someone in your raid or party, it would have a yellow circle around them in your mini-map. As of now in MoP, I don't see it anymore, nor the option to have it allowed. It was one of the best things to use when it came to PvP. Knowing where to run to when someone is out of range for your heals. Anyways, if this was an addon support, does anyone know which one? Thank you!Cerote3 Oct 8, 2012
Oct 8, 2012 Is it just me...? Is it just me or do we no longer have to exit WoW (or even log off) in order to update an addon? It seems like after downloading an update and reloading UI, the update is applied and available in-game.Koviko1 Oct 8, 2012
Oct 8, 2012 Which raid cooldown mod is this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvXgcm4QqQ0&list=FLL3enxwfeeV-FfRbf60TIPQ&feature=mh_lolz There is a mod that is showing his cooldowns for the raid, tranq Devo Auras, that sort of thing Anyone know what it is? Above the chat log!Bankbell4 Oct 8, 2012
Oct 8, 2012 weak auras Anyone familiar with weak auras? I am trying to make a timer with it to track taste for blood stacks better than up in the right hand corner. I feel like I am doing whats neccessary but its just not working.Hyperbeast0 Oct 8, 2012
Oct 8, 2012 Need help with a macro for Symbiosis. So I made a quick-'n'-easy little macro for the new Druid ability, Symbiosis, that notifies my party who I am casting it on. However, after casting Symbiosis, the button turns into whatever ability I received from my party member, and every time I use that ability, it spams "Casting Symbiosis on [whatever my target is]." Is there a way to salvage the useful aspect of the macro while modifying it to not spam the message if I'm targeting, say, a hostile mob? Or to only work if I'm targeting a friendly party member? I've done some searching around and testing, but nothing is working. Also, if it isn't already apparent, I'm a macro novice, so bear with me.Govindah2 Oct 8, 2012
Oct 8, 2012 Error 132 with Auctioneer + checking mail? I have been having an issue with my game crashing when I attempt to Logout on my bank alt toon. That is the only toon I have this issue with and it is also the only toon that has auctioneer and dependencies enabled. I haven't been able to narrow it down to any specific module yet. The issue seems to occur under the following circumstances. I log in, check my mail, clear out my successful or unsuccessful auctions, then logout and immediate get a 132 error (memory can not be read at 0x0000 etc). I think it may have something to do with the part of auctioneer that records auction results because it seems like I can't repeat it now with nothing in my mail. Any time I do have AH winnings in my mail I can repeat this with 100% success. Any one else noticing funny behavior with Auctioneer?Lure4 Oct 8, 2012
Oct 8, 2012 Trying to find an add-on that... Shows when my mage buffs come up! And the buffs i mean is like a timer on my Evocation spell power proc, my windsong proc, and my trinket procs.Energizê1 Oct 8, 2012
Oct 8, 2012 toggle party member macro Hi.. I'm looking for a way to toggle party members (not nearest player). Basically I would like to toggle to different party members and heal them as needed using one hand that way the other is left free to sip coffee and so forth.Noxxo1 Oct 8, 2012
Oct 8, 2012 Chat Tab Notifications I have my whispers go to a separate tab on the chat. I actually like how it flashes, because I normally just leave my chat on the General tab for anything else. However, every time I put my guild or party chat in a new tab, I don't get any flashing notifications. Is this something only whispers get, or is there some setting I'm missing that can turn this on?Càlam0 Oct 8, 2012
Oct 7, 2012 Addon for Auto-Leaving Chat Channels? I can't figure it out for the life of me, but the game simply refuses to remember which chat channels I had turned on or off whenever I log onto any of my 3 different computers. I keep turning General and Trade off, and they keep getting turned back on and regardless of how many times I ask questions, nobody ever responds to them about why this keeps happening. This is something that started back in mid-Cataclysm, but has gotten significantly worse in 5.0.4+. Also, for that matter, my minimap tracking system keeps turning Target off, and Flight Master on for some stupid reason. I've cleared the WTF folders on all the computers involved and it still happens, so... Are there any addons that automatically leave channels? They got one that joins them automatically, but I'd like one that does the opposite. No, I don't want to hear the average player's random stupid crap, nor do I want trolling spam in Trade every time I go into a city. Nor do I want to have to manually leave the channels every time I log on. I'm searching Curse, but I'm not seeing anything yet unless I just don't know the name of it...Hirai4 Oct 7, 2012
Oct 7, 2012 Panderan daily tracker ? Is there a mod that tracks panderan dailies? Especially if it sorts it into category by faction. I'd love to be able to know if I've given a favorite food to the different tiller NPCs, for example.Karran1 Oct 7, 2012
Oct 7, 2012 Clique + Mouse-over Whispercast Hi there! I've tried to research to find a way to do this macro without asking here, but every thread that I've found actually doesn't work. My old macro for this that I used for years doesn't work now, either. What's a mouse-over macro that will whisper someone when I put Guardian Spirit on them, for example? Keep in mind that I use Clique, so it would have to be strictly mouse-over. Thank you!Maiv2 Oct 7, 2012
Oct 7, 2012 Macro With Modifier AND Castsequence Heya all, another macro question for you. What I have right now: #showtooltip /castsequence [mod:alt] chain lightning; reset=12 Elemental Blast, lightning bolt, lightning bolt, lightning bolt, lightning bolt /startattack Now everything about this works EXCEPT it doesn't reset after 12 seconds, it continues through the full macro. I want to make sure if I have a MW5 spree I can cast enough LB's, but also use Elemental Blast off CD. Anyone tell me where my syntax is wrong for the reset?Rathshock5 Oct 7, 2012
Oct 7, 2012 Good Macro How To Been looking around for a general education on how to set up macro's. Not just for a specific spell but a guide to how and where to put them. I've seen a guide in the manual you could buy for the vanilla wow but I don't want to shell out the money for just that. Anybody know a good site for this?Arkaam2 Oct 7, 2012
Oct 7, 2012 I am new to the game add on/ui questions I have a mage at 19 but do not like the class. I am going rogue now I have been using the default this while time but was wondering whats a good ui for a rogue? Before the servers went down I was playing with a bunch of add ons but it seemed confusing are there any rogue compilations I could just look at? I was mainly on the Curse webs site. any help is appreciated.Wushen2 Oct 7, 2012
Oct 7, 2012 can someone help me with a macro i want a macro that will cast wings, Holy Avenger, my guardian, and activate my trinket. can someone please make that for me? it would me greatly appreciated :)Nolderrek2 Oct 7, 2012
Oct 7, 2012 Arena Macros the pros use PvP PvP PvP PvP PvP /cast [@arena1] Purge-This can be, [arena2+3]. This let's you keep your focus on your kill target and, purge another arena opponent.Lunasusaår2 Oct 7, 2012
Oct 7, 2012 action bars help - not displaying Sorry in advance if this is a stupid question - I'm a noob... Looking for help with my action bars. Just bought a Wow mouse and I'm in the process of setting up key bindings. I attempted to activate additional action bars under interface and they are not displaying - my pet action bar and my aspects bar as well as my quest line are moving over to make room, but I don't have any bars displaying. Help?Etaesia3 Oct 7, 2012
Oct 7, 2012 Mod to move PetBattleBar Is there a way to move the PetBattleBar that appears at the bottom of the screen? I have MoveAnything, but I can't get it to let me move the PetBattleBar which takes up a huge space on the bottom middle of my screen where I have Grid and one of my chat frames.Psyclone3 Oct 7, 2012
Oct 7, 2012 Prospecting addon Does anyone know an addon that does the same thing as this macro: /use prospecting /use Ghost Iron ore When I try to use that macro it doesn't do anything anymore.Noaura2 Oct 7, 2012
Oct 7, 2012 Replace quality color on certain items The basic idea is this: I'd like to make all items above your character's current level have a new quality color (Red), make all wearable epics appear Rare (Blue), and specify a list of certain items that will show up as epic. The part I'm lost at is how to actually change the color. I'm trying to wrap this into an addon to help gear twink characters or leveling characters and help them find the best gear for their level by having it come up as EPIC, but I'm lost on how to do this. I want to keep it completely minimal. Is there also a way to add fake "flavor text" on these items?Thirkfifty6 Oct 7, 2012
Oct 7, 2012 Cursor Modification Addon Hello everyone, I watched a video earlier about a realms first warlock. In the video he had an addon that changed the cursor to a ball of light with an energy trail kind of effect, I was wondering if anyone knows what addon this is or one like it. I already looked for one and the best I found was one called cursor, Which only adds a trail as opposed to changing the hand.Soulofdeath5 Oct 7, 2012
Oct 7, 2012 rogue stance macro bug? I'm using stance macros for my rogue due to the way I bind and this one seems to be having a bit of trouble /use [form:1/3]cheap shot;Revealing Strike. It will continue to cast revealing strike while the "vanish" effect is active. Does vanish have its own stance or is this macro bugging out?Numberonedk2 Oct 7, 2012
Oct 7, 2012 Moving pet battle frames Hi guys, I have an issue where the top pet battle frame (the one with the health and mob type) is partially covered by my LDB display (docking station). I have tried to use Move Anything to move the frame but it doesn't identify it by itself (it also moves the pet abilities bar), it also seems to be a full screen size frame mover and I cannot find a way to reduce the scale of the window. Does anyone have a suggestion of how I can reduce the size or move this ui element?Wÿtch1 Oct 7, 2012
Oct 7, 2012 Hide Guild Name As the Subject states, I want to know if it's possible, either by / command or if by use of an addon, to hide the Guild name above my character. I've recently created a Rogue and joined a Guild on it, but want to have nothing but my characters name visible, without leaving the Guild. How? And what addons, if any, would I need to get?Düngeonman5 Oct 7, 2012
Oct 7, 2012 Default Raid Frames I've been having a problem with the default raid frames in battlegrounds. Had it since about 5.0.4 but wasn't playing heals much so it never bothered me until now. It seems that I'm only getting some of the other players showing in my raid frames, usually 1 or 2 missing if I join a fresh bg but when I join a bg in progress I only see around 7-8 players in my raid frames. This goes for all bgs. I've tried clearing cache/WTF/interface but the problem persists. Screenshot of the problem: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/820/drfo.jpg/Lucified1 Oct 7, 2012
Oct 7, 2012 What add-on Just watched a fatboss guide and noticed that on his/their recount box there is a digital number in green showing the raid dps. Anyone know where to find that one?Hordedruid0 Oct 7, 2012
Oct 7, 2012 Macro double line. I have a problem, when I make a macro like this, #show Bladestorm /use Mark of Supremacy /cast Bladestorm /script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Creature\\Herod\\HerodWhirlwind01.wav") ,it breaks it up into this, #show Bladestorm /use Mark of Supremacy /cast Bladestorm /script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Creature\\Herod\\HerodWhirlw ind01.wav") , thus breaking the macro. Is there any way to work around this?Spunkor1 Oct 7, 2012
Oct 7, 2012 Addon Involving Macro Swapping? Hello, my girlfriend wants to get back into wow. Good news I know. Thing is shes still a newby and wants me to level with her so she can get a better grasp of the game. All that is fine but I do have 1 problem. I want this character to be my main and so I invested alot of macros into him to make sure I can handle all kinds of issues in game. But I also want to help my gf level but I won't have that much macro space. So is there any type of addon you guys could recommend that allows me to store macros from one toon then be able to swap them out with ease once I log onto my leveling toon with out having to delete the macros from my main? I've saved my mains macros into notepad but thought of deleting, then creating, applying to bars, using, then deleting to start the process over for another toon is irritating :/ Thanks for any help in advance. Edit- meant newby not nooby.Suprrpoopr4 Oct 7, 2012
Oct 7, 2012 Alter Time Macro Alter Time works by clicking it once it activates and clicking it the second time cancels it. I'm not sure if any other spell works like this? My question is can i make a macro so i can hit it as many times as i like and it wont canel (because i button mash)? I tried the ! infront but that dosnt work, any info would be great. Thanks!Snizblast2 Oct 7, 2012
Oct 7, 2012 LF a macro addon and a CD addon First, is there an addon that lets me create more macros. Second, is there an addon similar to OmniCC that'll let me track the CD of all the abilities bound to a key (via modifier and click macros). For example, it might use a different colored sweep for each ability (say black for default and red for control)? In the meantime, I'm going to try SexyCooldown to see if I can get used to it.Zilkor1 Oct 7, 2012
Oct 7, 2012 Pet battle help When loading into the world (PLAYER_LOGIN) it seems the pet battle information is not loaded until the Pet Journal is opened or a player enters a pet battle. Is there a way to force the Journal to update before the window is opened? I even tried to programmatically open the journal and it doesn't appear to work (ShowUIPanel(PetJournalParent) does nothing and PetJournalParent:Show() fires an error with PetJournalParent being nil until it's been opened once with the button on screen). I am at a loss here. I want to have the information of the three pets that I have on my team available upon login but I can't access that information until the window is opened or I enter a battle.Jasla1 Oct 7, 2012
Oct 7, 2012 Modifier Macros Casting Wrong Spells So here's my issue, and it's been a long standing one. I have no idea if I should open a ticket, post in bugs section, or just give up on modifier macros: Given a macro such as: #showtooltip /cast [mod:alt] fire nova /cast flame shock /startattack If I mash it with alt down (repeatedly, I'm a button masher) it always casts the flame shock in addition to the fire nova, either before or after. The main issue seems to be that the game is really slow to pick up on the modifier, because sometimes it'll cast flame shock instead of fire nova even when i've had the modifier pressed for a few seconds. I have no idea what to do about this, but as an enhance shaman screwing up ANY part of my rotation is a drastic loss in dps. Any tips?Rathshock6 Oct 7, 2012
Oct 6, 2012 Grid & Grace I can't add the Discipline priest buff Grace to Grid. I've had it on Grid previously and I know how to add buffs and debuffs to Grid but nothing happens when I try to add Grace. I'm not the only one having this problem: http://www.wowace.com/addons/grid/tickets/632-disc-priest-grace-buff-wont-show-up/ but I'm not sure how to fix it. Any advice?Katheryne0 Oct 6, 2012
Oct 6, 2012 Hunter macro to toggle off the trap launcher? I apologize if this has been answered elsewhere; I have been searching and reading and experimenting for two days, and I haven't found an answer. My issue is that any macros which contain a command for using a trap will act differently depending on whether the Trap Launcher is toggled on or off prior to using the macro. It is easy to insert a command that toggles the Launcher on when I want to use the Launcher (/cast !Trap Launcher), but I can't figure out how to specify when I want the Launcher off so I can place a trap. I tried this: /cancelaura Trap Launcher /cast [nomod] !Freezing Trap /cast sequence [mod:shift] reset=3 !Trap Launcher, !Freezing Trap I admit that I am a macro newb, so maybe this attempt is ridiculous and amusing to those who know what they're doing. Of course, it doesn't work, but I am posting it because I think it probably gets across the idea of what I want to do. Ideally, here's what I wanted to happen: - If I press the macro with no modifier, the Trap Launcher is off and a Freezing Trap is placed at my feet. - If I press the macro twice while holding Shift, then the green targeting circle is activated at my mouse point and I can then click where I want to place the trap. Can anyone smarter than me please lend a hand with this? Thanks!Bertrande0 Oct 6, 2012
Oct 6, 2012 Trying to find a sound file, help! I am trying to find the sound file(s) for the Disc of the Red Flying Cloud mount so I can make a blank file to replace it, I find the sound loop quite irritating. I thought I had found it when I went to Sounds.mpq and under Doodad I found files labeled as FX_Mount_ Wind_Gusts01-05 and I did the notepad thing to make blank sound file replacements. I set the file structure as WoW>Data>Sound>Doodad>replacement sound files, sufficed to say it didn't work. Anyone have any thoughts or maybe a blue response that will lead me to my desired sound files and the structure I need the files to be in. Thank for any help you can offer.Orbitial4 Oct 6, 2012
Oct 6, 2012 Warrior Charge Intervene Macro with tooltip #showtooltip [help] Intervene; [nocombat] Charge; [harm] Charge /cast [help] Intervene; [harm] ChargeTorodacious2 Oct 6, 2012