UI and Macro

Aug 19, 2012 ElvUI Minimap Options!? Main question: Hi everyone, I just got ElvUI Today and I love it, anyway y question is.....how do you get to the minimap options, I just wana increase its size is all....but IDK where to find it. I looked all over the /elvui options but it doesnt seem to be in there. Bonus question ^^: Is there a Way to change the color scheme of the UI itself? It is autoset to hunter syle, so its all this nasty lookin green lol, thank you much guys.Zuten3 Aug 19, 2012
Aug 19, 2012 Druid cat/prowl spamable macro... When transferring my druid to a new server I lost my macros for him. I was wondering if anyone could help me with a 1 button Cat Form, Prowl spamable macro. I've tried making my own macro, but it's not a spamable one. It will transform me back to caster form if I dont stealth right away.Toobuss2 Aug 19, 2012
Aug 19, 2012 Are there any AddOns for new resources yet? With 5.0 really close, I've been looking for an addon that'll shown new lock resources, particularly Demonic Fury. Just a simple bar I can move is fine with me, has anyone released one yet? I tried looking around but came up empty handed.Jinja2 Aug 19, 2012
Aug 19, 2012 More macro slots? I need an addon that's only function is to extend the number of macros I can make. Anyone know if such an addon exists?Sasd1 Aug 19, 2012
Aug 18, 2012 Participants wanted for plugin trial Hi folks. As part of my ongoing thesis work, I've been working on a WoW plugin that aims to generate predictive models of player behavior. It's currently in the early prototype stage, and I'm now running some user evaluations to try and get some data and feedback about the current implementation, which will help determine the direction of my research for the next few months. I'm looking for participants to take part in these evaluations, which involve playing WoW with a plugin installed (all data will be collected in-game). Participation is completely anonymous, and participants will have the option to check any of the data collected before submitting it for analysis. The evaluation is expected to take around 20-25 minutes on average. If this sounds like something you might be interested in, more information is available here: http://www.chrisdeaker.net/p/predictor-evaluations.html Your input would be hugely appreciated :DSitahra0 Aug 18, 2012
Aug 18, 2012 Looking for Addons to Clean My Screen I have gone through a few addons that change the appearance of the action bars, of my chat, or my character frames, etc. None of them, however, I've seen to fit except an action bar addon (although I'm sure there are better than what I have). My attention is payed more so to the bottom of my screen than the top, which is where everything is. If anyone can help me find addon(s) that can help with the folowing, I'd much appreciate it: -Character/Unit Frames (I've tried XPerl and am not too fond of that.) -Action Bar (I'm currently using Dominos. If there are any better/easier out there, please do tell.) -Floating Combat Text (I'd preferably like something where I can move/change font of the text, as I would prefer it to be moved down or to the side.) -Debuff/Buff (One of the components to Dominos is that it includes the buff/debuff times on the action bars so that I don't need to continuously look up to the health frames. However, it tends to be buggy and I would like something more reliable.) -Cast Bar (I've used Quartz, but I'm sure there are better cast bar configurations out there.) I'm a little new to addons, as I've only really messed with Deadly Boss Mods and Skada for a while, and have just recently gained interest in other addons to help clean my interface. I appreciate any an all input!Gesc2 Aug 18, 2012
Aug 18, 2012 Using a Red Dragonhawk I'm trying to figure out why you can't use /cast Red Dragonhawk, I'm not mispelling it, I've used shift click to make sure I've got it correct. I'm trying to avoid using anymore addons than I have to. But I had it in a macro that worked, then stopped. I'm just trying to find out if they changed the name of the Red Dragonhawk, are we supposed to call it something else? Because right now, just trying to /cast Sunreaver Dragonhawk DOES work. Is there a different name I'm supposed to use in place of red? Thank you for any help.Baryanni2 Aug 18, 2012
Aug 18, 2012 My first addon. So I've decided that if I want my idea to succeed, I have to make it myself. I've got some experience in C# and Javascript, and I'm using WoW UI Designer 1.1.110. I would greatly appreciate some help. The addon should basically do this: 1. When a player talks to an NPC, get the information about the dialogue window. (Is this the Gossip Frame?) 2. Get some form of ID of the frame for future reference. If this frame hasn't happened during this play session, do 3. If this frame has happened already, show the normal frame. 3: A. Hide the default gossip frame. B. Cycle through the dialogue text, and make the NPC /say each line, pausing a few second before moving on to the next. C. After the last line, log the frame ID in a list of those which have been used during this session. D. Show a custom gossip frame with only the options; quests, bartering, dialogue choices, etc. A quest, for example, would only have the Quest Objective, Accept, and Decline, without the giant wall of text. A finished quest would only show the quest rewards and a Complete button. I suppose at this point since I've mapped it out, I would need to know how to hide a Gossip Frame. I've tried GossipFrame:Hide();. CloseGossip(); also doesn't seem to work. And is there some kind of ID I can reference for different Gossip? Also, I understand the general hierarchical structure of frames and buttons and the like, and I think I've figured out how to call functions with them. But how would I go about opening a custom Gossip Window that displays all the necessary quests, Gossip options and stuff?Nemox4 Aug 18, 2012
Aug 18, 2012 I'm looking for a specific Addon That Automatically accepts all quests to people you talk to and automatically hands in all quests when you talk to someone. Does an addon like this exist?Enerrgy1 Aug 18, 2012
Aug 18, 2012 Linking an item in RAID chat using a macro Ok, I'm trying to link a click-able item in RAID chat using a macro. I've searched everywhere and tried multiple addons with no success. In case anyone is wondering, the item is the Mekgineer's Chopper. Yes, I looked on wowhead and found the "link" for the item....the problem is, I don't know how to read the stupid macro code so I can put text before and after the linkable item. Anyone wanna shoot me a "barney-fied" answer here?Pershing1 Aug 18, 2012
Aug 18, 2012 Is this type of semi-automation allowed? So, we all know that automation isn't allowed, but certain types of semi-automation are, such as multiboxing-esque addons and programs. Well, I'm developing a "PvP' helper API written in a scripting language and I'd like to know if this would be legal to do, and why I believe it currently is: 1. It will search the screen for a certain buff/debuff. ie: A root/snare that Druids can shift out of. The WoW client is NOT touched! Memory is NOT read, written, or otherwise accessed! Image Searching is used! - Perfectly fine AFAIK. Included in the standard WoW API are ways to do this. 2. If a certain debuff is found, replace the next keypress with a certain one. ie: When rooted/snared, the next key pressed, instead of pressing it's own key, will press my Powershifting Macro bind. In my particular case, no matter what I hit, I will press "s" and shift out of the CC. - I find this to be fine as far as I can tell, because of several reasons; Multiboxing programs work in this way, only without the inclusion of an "if" condition (buff/debuff). In addition, there are addons that do your entire rotation in PvE for you in one button (forgot the name, but there is an addon out there that "rotates" all your abilities on 1 key; ie: You spam 1 and it does all the DPS you need for you, checking buffs/debuffs. So. Am I okay in doing this? There is no "real" automation, and it's combining 3 elements that, seperately, seem to be perfectly okay. But are they together? I'm aware that if conditions for casting spells automatically are a no-no, but I am neither automating the spell cast 'nor am I modifying anything client-wise to do it for me; I am instead making sure the right key is pressed, working in reverse of the addon mentioned (which binds many spells to 1 key, instead of many keys to 1 spell) - Third party program for keystrokes; See: Multiboxing programs that do the same - Buff/debuff searching; See: Standard WoW API - If condition key/action replacing; See: Addons that fill your DPS role with 1 button.Thirkfifty20 Aug 18, 2012
Aug 18, 2012 Logitech controller question I have a logitech gamepad controller and I was wondering if its ok to set , example D-pad up to do keystroke alt+1 so it triggers my alt+1 WoW keybind druid rejuvenation 1 button for 1 action is that ok even though its 2 keystrokes alt and 1?Not on repeat or anything just 1 push to use 1 action.Elonds7 Aug 18, 2012
Aug 18, 2012 Looting Request Can we have a loot function macro-able? Example: /loot So we can combine it to do something like this. /targetlastenemy /loot Also if we press target last enemy and that enemy no longer exists, could it target the enemy before last? The reason why: I hate my touch-pad and find it difficult to use a mouse being on the go allot. It's often hard to find a good place to set a mouse while on a 45 minute layover at an airport terminal. Having a /loot command would make it sooooo much easier to grind/quest. Right now, I normally set my cursor over my character and just use the left click. :P Anyone else agree?Kamelot8 Aug 18, 2012
Aug 18, 2012 Copying Savedvariable to another Savedvariabl I'm using an addon called CostBasis. That addon stores data based on faction. I'd like to be able to copy data from one faction to another in-game. I know a little programming but not much about LUA. The structure of the SavedVariable file is: CostBasisDB = { factionrealm = { horde - server ={ }, alliance - server = { }, }, } Where horde - server and alliance - server have many values under them. I've been using a text editor to copy the horde to alliance and vice versa, but would really like to be able to do this in-game. Any help would be appreciated. I do have an in-game editor that allows running lua code. thanks in advance.Garhagol4 Aug 18, 2012
Aug 18, 2012 Clique Hey all, I have a question about clique. I have my left mouse button bound to Rejuvenation but when I try to use Rebirth which is bound to Shift+R and I try to click a party frame, nothing happens. It just has the mouse/hand pointer thing highlighted in gray. Is there a way to be able to use Rebirth while still having my Rejuv bound to my left click? Sorry if this is a dumb question, I cannot figure it out.Dazkalzul2 Aug 18, 2012
Aug 18, 2012 Quest Helper lite problem The green arrow and the quest objectives aren't showing on this character. With my other characters the addon is working fine. I already deleted my WTF folder and reinstalled quest helper but nothing seems to work. Any ideas?Arguz0 Aug 18, 2012
Aug 18, 2012 Binding button 3? I'm currently seeing an issue with binding mouse button 3 (middle). Mouse 4, and mouse 5 bind perfectly, though no others will. Is it even possible to bind middle mouse clicks to buttons on the action bar?Coote17 Aug 18, 2012
Aug 18, 2012 Anti guild recruitment addon? I get so annoyed when I make a new character/play an unguilded character and am bombarded with guild recruitment whispers and invites. I've even had recruitment whispers on toons that are already in a guild. I can block the invites but I have yet to find a way to block the whispers that go along with them. I don't want to have to limit whispers to people on my friends list/guildies and that won't work in the case of new characters as I've been hit with recruitment whispers the very first time I enter the game with them, before I even have a chance to set up the filters. Does anyone know of an addon that can block them for me?Luanne2 Aug 18, 2012
Aug 18, 2012 Addons Breaking How will I know which addons of mine will 'break' come MOPCruel5 Aug 18, 2012
Aug 18, 2012 Need help w/ Resurrection Macros Is it possible to make a macro where you whisper someone when you're ressing them? If so, how would I go about doing that? Any response appreciated, thanks!Mudkïp1 Aug 18, 2012
Aug 18, 2012 Focus target and pocket heals.. ok, I'm probably missing something obvious, but after some research I can't figure it out. So I'm new to healing.. in BGs I on a couple of occasions have been asked to be a pocket heals. I've learned making them a focus target helps a lot.. But my problem in my last BG I did this was he died.. and then I couldn't find him again (in Arathi Basin). It's a large area and I don't know what graveyard he went to. My mini-map is usually where I can see and track them, but they were off the mini-map area. I thought maybe an arrow would tell me on my mini-map, but for some reason there were 3 or 4 arrows. Was this a glitch? How can I easily track down my *focus target in a large BG if we get separated? ty!Karazie4 Aug 18, 2012
Aug 17, 2012 Macro Question? I am playing around with the new MOP spells etc and creating macros for fun. I am trying to understand why when I create the following macro, "mangle" shows as inactive/greyed out (its works). #showtooltip /cast Mangle /cast Savage Defense /cast Barkskin /cast [mod:ctrl] !Maul /script UIErrorsFrame:Clear(); But with this one for "lacerate": #showtooltip /cast Lacerate /cast Savage Defense /cast Barkskin /cast [mod:ctrl] !Maul /script UIErrorsFrame:Clear(); Lacerate shows active on my toolbar. Any help?Efrel3 Aug 17, 2012
Aug 17, 2012 Advanced tooltip switching? The problem is simple...hopefully the answer will be too. I have this macro on my warrior: #showtooltip [nomod] Slam #showtooltip [mod:shift] Execute /cast Berserker Stance /cast [nomod] Slam /cast [mod:shift] Execute It works perfectly, except for one detail. When I hold down shift, the icon just changes to a question mark, and the tooltip just changes to the name of the macro, instead of Execute's icon and tooltip. Is there any way to fix this?Icyreaper3 Aug 17, 2012
Aug 17, 2012 /castsequence help I'm trying out a new warlock character, and tried to use the following macro: #showtooltip /petattack /castsequence reset=target Curse of Agony, Corruption, Immolate, Conflagrate The "pet attack" portion of the macro works fine, but I can't seem to get the /castsequence portion to work at all. Can anyone tell me why and/or offer alternatives? ThanksSomeryn2 Aug 17, 2012
Aug 17, 2012 Mod to move and resize all UI elements I'm coming back to WoW after a long hiatus, and am looking for a mod I use to have that basically let me move and resize just about anything. Especially the default Nameplate and bars. I know I can move the nameplates, but I'd really like to resize stuff to my liking as well. Does anybody know this mod, and is it still around? Thanks!Wearwoof3 Aug 17, 2012
Aug 17, 2012 Arms Disarm macro brainstorm Alright, i have an idea for a disarm macro on my warrior for pvp. What i have at the moment is a macro set so that whenever i select disarm, i auto switch to defensive stance, select disarm again, and then i have to click back over to battle stance. My idea is to set it up so that when my macro switches me into defensive stance, it immediately casts disarm, followed by a transfer of stance back to battle. Is this even possible? Im new to macros, and i've just begun to become creative. I've tried a few things out, but to no avail. This is the Disarm macro I'm currently going with. #showtooltip Disarm /cast [stance:2] Disarm; [stance;1/3] Defensive Stance Any input would be great.Electricus1 Aug 17, 2012
Aug 17, 2012 Can anyone identify this add-on? I saw this add-on on youtube today, and It looks pretty wicked. Wanted to try it out. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkt0sn_BVcM What I want to know is how to get that text to circle my character.Leon2 Aug 17, 2012
Aug 17, 2012 SOMEONE MAKE THIS ADDON!!!!! Someone (not me because I lack the coding exp) should make a texas holdem poker addon which you can play with your friends in game. It should be able to be played with gold.......having the game start with all players within trading range to buy-in to a single player who will act as the bank until the game concludes . He will hold onto the gold until people decide to cash out....while playing the addon you will bet with gold instead of money and it will keep track of everyone net win or loss.... when you want to stop playing you should just be able to hit a button and go up to the person designated as the bank and it will auto trade you how much gold you have won or left from what you bought in. K someone get to work.....i would even pay for this lol.Fakedeath1 Aug 17, 2012
Aug 17, 2012 How Do I Change Default Window Textures Does anyone know of an addon or script that I can run to change the background of the default character/talent/spellbook/etc. windows? I really just want to change it to the Blizzard default tooltip style at the very least (solid black with partial transparency) in order to fit in better with my UI. I have looked all day and have been unable to find anything on the topic. Any help would be greatly appreciated.Anikther1 Aug 17, 2012
Aug 16, 2012 can I move qst objectives? So I know I've moved the location of my 'quest objectives' once before. I recently made an alt & can't seem to remember how I did it. Right now, part of my objectives are hidden behind my right-side action bars. Please help me with whatever ya got. Thanks.Orrun2 Aug 16, 2012
Aug 16, 2012 Change Pummel's sound to Shield Bash? I miss the old *ting* of my interrupts. How can I change the sound effect of Pummel?Pir1 Aug 16, 2012
Aug 16, 2012 Good macros What are some good macros for druids?Isham1 Aug 16, 2012
Aug 16, 2012 LFD Call to Arms Not sure if an addon like this exists or not... but is there an addon that (or an addon that can be configured) will announce or have a little popup when any LFD Call to Arms are up. ie; Healer CTA is up and a little star appears on top of the LFD button.Iapetus2 Aug 16, 2012
Aug 16, 2012 Tabard of the Lightbringer Macro Hey, all. My DK just got Shadowmourne last night, and I sent the Tabard of the Lightbringer to my main, my priest. I've been wanting to macro it so that it uses the tabard when I use Archangel, but I can't seem to get the macro to work. I'm still fairly new at macros, so I'll post what I have, maybe someone can help. #showtooltip Archangel /cast Archangel /use 14 /use 19 I also tried: #showtooltip Archangel /cast Archangel /use 14 /use Tabard of the Lightbringer The /use 14 is for using Bottled Wishes on Heroic Spine.Espeon4 Aug 16, 2012
Aug 16, 2012 Help with Polymorph Macro When i used to play BC i had the best macro for polymorph ever Pretty much if i used it, it polymorphed my target BUT if i had a focus target it would automatically sheep the focus target instead of my regular target No shift click or nuthin, no changing targets. best thing for arena ever and i cant find it anywhere now Does anyone have this macro or know what im talkin aboutCadaveri2 Aug 16, 2012
Aug 16, 2012 Recount Issues? Is anyone else having any issues with using recount? I have used recount forever now and never had any issues. I updated to the newest version and now I can not use it at all. If I turn it on I freeze up in game completely in combat and lag so hardcore. I turn it off and everything is perfectly fine no lag at all. I miss recount :( Any solutions?Torridblush1 Aug 16, 2012
Aug 16, 2012 Someone else's addon changing things on me The addon is TotalRP2 (available through Curse and other places). The users of it can change the text for people who are not using the addon. I do not use it, and yet this is what I see: http://tinyurl.com/ColoredText It's annoying as heck that others can change the text of /say and /emote on my end. Is there some switch or setting I can use to stop this?Dandelion7 Aug 16, 2012
Aug 16, 2012 Loot System,Suicide King Ok so my Guild starting raiding yesterday,im the Raid leader, we are going to do Suicide Kings,ive tried all 3 that curse.com had,KonferSK,Ern's,Drunkard,the only one's i could pull up in game was Drunkard and ern's,i really wanted Konfersk one to show up because it seemed liked the one that is updated the most, so we were in the raid,no one showed up on the list for drunkard or ern's,we had to pug so we didnt use it,but what am i missing.Kelyisa1 Aug 16, 2012
Aug 16, 2012 Target by role? Is there any way to target a party member according to their role? (tank,heals,dps) there is a small icon on their portrait indicating their chosen role, but is there any way to get to this via a script command or addon? I just want to auto-focus tanks when I enter a group as a healer. Thanks if anyone knows.Pugger26 Aug 16, 2012
Aug 16, 2012 Name color, class icons How can I set the color of player names to change according to their class? e.g. lock = purple, warrior = brown? Also, how to add icons that represent their class to their portrait? I had those settings before. However, I stopped playing for a long time and now I forgot how I had set them. Thanks!Wakemanlock7 Aug 16, 2012
Aug 16, 2012 Replacement for Carbonite? I have just started getting into AddOns and have tried Carbonite but keep hearing that it is way out of date... are there any recent AddOns that people might recommend to replace Carbonite? Thanks!Aodhfin2 Aug 16, 2012
Aug 16, 2012 Looking for a UI customization addon at least I think that's what it is...I just officially got back into WoW and I'd like to have a bit of fun with it for a while. Anyone with suggestions to a UI addon or whatever addon that can be used to customize the combat text, text color etc etc, even anything useful at all, just lemme know :)Ouchtown1 Aug 16, 2012
Aug 16, 2012 What to call my X-Perl-like oUF layout? I started working on this when I didn't think X-Perl would be updated. I'm still going to release it, because X-Perl is notoriously difficult to maintain. I want unit frames I can use on PTRs on the first or second day. In any case, I've called it "PerlLite" so far. It's not ready for a beta; it still needs about a week of work. And I'm only lukewarm to the name, so if anyone had other names to suggest, I'm interested! I think it's important that the name contain "Perl"; there have been 4 Perl mods so far, and they continue to use the name in honor of the first one, who started the tradition.Morsk4 Aug 16, 2012
Aug 16, 2012 Tidy Plates: Threat Plates Problem Hello all. I got Tidy Plates & Tidy Plates: Threat plates. The setup I use is: High Threat: Green Nameplates Low Threat: Red Medium Threat: Yellow It all works fine until I have a second tank in the raid. I was tanking madness heroic yesterday and noticed that when there's a second tank my nameplates when I have "high threat" they are red. How do I make it so that it recognizes a 2nd tank and the 2nd tank high aggro nameplate is blue for example. I'd be willing to remove threat plates and just use tidy plates if I have to, I just want to accomplish this set up. I have noticed that threat plates and tidy plates can be set up exactly despite being different addons.Icytitan16 Aug 16, 2012
Aug 16, 2012 buggy duel function macro, need help. #showtooltip greater healing wave /cast [mod:shift] nature's swiftness; greater healing wave I use this as a general macro for a lot of things, and it works fairly well, except for the fact that I can't "self-cast" while targeting friendly's with this macro. If I use the normal spell button I can self-cast while targeting a friendly. Why doesn't the macro let me self cast, and what can I do to improve it please? p.s. My self cast key is Ctrl, and i'm not attempting to hold shift and ctrl together, just one or one then the other consecutively.Tehrealemcee6 Aug 16, 2012
Aug 16, 2012 Druid Stealth/Powershift Macro Someone said it was possible to make a single macro that when out of combat you hit it once to turn into cat form and another to go into stealth, when in combat it only shifts you in and out of cat form, personally I am horrible at macros, anyone know if this is possible?Njorde8 Aug 16, 2012
Aug 16, 2012 I need help on a macro I'm not sure how to make this macro I am trying to make a macro that cast word of glory on my mouseover or if I have no mouseover my focus or if I have no mouseover or focus me and the same with Lay on Hands on a shift modifier but what it is doing is casting word of Glory and Lay on hands (at the same time) on my mouseover or if none my focus but It will not cast either on me if I have neither. I am using #showtooltip /cast [@mouseover, help][@focus][@player] Word of Glory /cast [nomod, @mouseover, help][@focus][@player] Lay on HandsMythrandir1 Aug 16, 2012
Aug 15, 2012 My Health bar I've seem to have lost my health bar numbers on my bar, and on my target bar. I reset my interface and i cannot seem to find how to get it to show the health again. Please help it would be appreciated.Skèptic2 Aug 15, 2012
Aug 15, 2012 Looking for a custom alert addon Hello, I'm looking for an addon that gives me alerts based on custom requirements... I currently use Power Auras Classic which allows me to have graphic alerts in certain cases like: <7 seconds remaining on Serpent Sting debuff on target >50% focus remaining Black arrow ready to use I also like how it allows me to set a different alert as a prerequisite for another. My only issue with this addon is that it doesn't seem to be instant per say. I would like to see the alert come up the moment the requirement is met, but it seems to lag behind if only for a second. Does anybody know of an addon that does something like this more quickly? I actually really only use text even with these graphical alerts, so if it was just text that would be fine. Or is instant something that just can't be done? ThanksVandelesca5 Aug 15, 2012
Aug 15, 2012 X-Perl: Am I living in the past? Ok, so long story short I picked up WoW about 6 years ago, and my first add-on was X-Perl. Whenever I tell people I use it they think I'm crazy. They swear on things like Grid. I've tried Grid. I hate it. I thought it was the most complicated, ridiculously unnecessary thing I've ever had to fool with. I heal just fine with out. Trust me. So, does anyone else still use X-Perl? What about an X-Perl alternative? Are there any out there? I really like the look of X-Perl and always have. It's also easy to use. Call me bad, but I really don't want to work for my add-ons, they should work for me. I'm open to recommendations about moving past X-Perl since the consensus seems to be that it's old as dirt.Doves9 Aug 15, 2012